1.07/5
  • 1 star
Based on 85 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 20, 2017

86 Medicredit Corp Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

I broke my ankle in Jan of 17. Paid faithfully to hosp to get my (very much too high) copay paid off but started getting duplicate bills from a company I knew nothing about. Turns out to be Medicredit. Started getting dunning calls from them even tho I was paying the hospital. Gave them no info - no fool. The reps badmouthed me about being a deadbeat. Called the hosp billing dept and was automatically routed to Medicredit phone tree. Finally got a human. Asked for a statement. "We don't do that." = NO. She did finally give me a balance - but wanted me to give her a credit card number then and there, no discussion. I refused.

Upshot: I owe them about $149.23. They will get that amount. Any further contact from them to me will result in a lawsuit. They smell crooked, sound crooked, and behave crooked. If I find out that I have overpaid, there will be a lawsuit. What kind of credit company won't send a statement - and the only receipt you get only shows the payment by return email? Crooked.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

Medicredit contacted me to collect an alleged debt from a hospital. They refused to discuss the issue unless I first provided DOB and SSN. I declined to give this information over the phone to an unknown agency, but I requested an itemized bill, which they agreed to provide. The next call was a few weeks later and when I asked about the bill (which I had not received) they said it wasn't their responsibility. When I wouldn't give them my DOB and SSN over the phone, they hung up and then filed negative reports on my credit.

I receive regular calls asking for confidential identification info. before they discuss the matter. As soon as I decline to give them the info they hang up. The debt they're claiming has not been established and yet they have damaged my credit rating. They have failed to provide the documentation they agreed to and expect me to compromise the security of my identity. I see no reason to cooperate with them. The damage they have done was inflicted maliciously as retaliation for not knuckling under to their unsubstantiated claims and unreasonable requirements.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

I went to MoBap on multiple occasions this past Spring. I had issues every time with their registration department to the hospital and Arrhythmia Center, each time having to provide all of my personal information to "update their systems". Here it is November and I receive a call from Medicredit. I call back and get Charles on the phone to figure out who and why they are calling me since I have not received any bills, notices, mail, email or phone since April when I last visited the hospital (assuming insurance took care of it since I gave them my insurance information each time).

I go through providing my information to him - even though I am currently questioning this entire call as it is completely out of the blue. He advises me that the address he has on file is my childhood home that has not been a current address of mine my entire adult life (I am 35) and has no family ties in the last decade. He gives me excuses in a condescending tone as to why they would have that old address on file as current, despite my insurance and Driver's License and all other documentation having my current address present to match the information I provided the hospital on each call. He was not productive, not respective or courteous in any definition of the word. He treated me like less a person than I would treat any human (especially when I represent my place of employment and am handling business) especially considering all of the personal information I had to provide him just to find out what company/charges Medicredit was handling.

I put a lot of faith in him and his company from the moment I entered conversation with him, as I was not allowed to confirm, but required to provide my personal information in order to speak to him (name, addresses, phone number, etc). I ended up hanging up on him and will further handle any communication and business online unless there is another representative I am able to deal with. I will not entertain 1 more second of my time to hear his voice after the way he made me feel on the phone. I did request a mailer to my address after updating my account with my current address and will wait to review documentation regarding the charges and then will handle settling any charges necessary.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

In June 2017 when I initially received a letter from Medicredit notifying me of an outstanding bill with Research Medical Center I immediately called to find out how they received the file when it was in dispute with Research. I called and spoke to a representative at MediCredit and was told they have the file and payment was due. I asked how my file was sent to their office when it was in dispute and the rep. told me if I wanted to dispute the charge then I could with their office. I never received a letter from MediCredit stating my file was out of dispute and in September it was sent to credit reporting. I have tried calling to get this resolved informing them I never received a letter stating my file was out of dispute. I call and can never get a supervisor on the line and when I asked to speak with the director they tell me one is not available by phone.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

Medicredit lists (2) two collection accounts on credit report. When contacted regarding these listed collection debts. Medicredit denies collection of these debts. Different calls all the same answers. “This is a debt that we are not collecting any longer“! When asked for a letter of statement. I was refused numerous times! Told to put disputes with credit reporting agency.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Medicredit Corp?

Original review: Aug. 26, 2017

This is the worst credit reporters. They will call twice and report you negative without seeking the truth and the real content of the bills. My credit history showed up on my credit history while I was still at the hospital and they went ahead and reported to destroy my credit score. The representatives are very unprofessional and do not solve any problems. The managers are never there to solve the problem. They promised to fix it but it still shows negative and 2 days late before they even spoke to me. They representing Centennial Hospital and had my wrong birth date and did not speak to me because of that then they go and report negative without the source evidence.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

My family doctor and I decided that I needed to see a specialist for my medical problem. The specialist decided that I needed IV infusion therapy to treat the problem, which is the standard care protocol for my condition. I called my insurance company to confirm that the necessary care would be covered for me with little to no out of pocket cost at the facility that the specialist recommended, it is a fully covered benefit of my insurance with only minimal copay/deductible amounts due from me, the patient.

I did receive medical services at this facility with a competent doctor, nice nurses and professional staff. The claim was billed to my insurance. My insurance company processed the claim according to my benefits and said "we did not pay all or some of this claim... but you are not responsible to pay." Since I have experience with insurance companies, due to my own personal long and complicated medical history, I viewed the statement from the insurance company and filed it because the denial reasoning is supposed to be interpreted by the provider as correct the claim and resubmit if you think this should be paid according to your contract with us or write it off if you know that you're not supposed to get paid for this service.

Fast forward six (6) months from the date of service and this account is showing on my credit report. I called Medicredit. I wrote Medicredit. I called the hospital. All with no effective results. I have been given answers like the claim is still under review (4 months later) or the person that was working on your issue is no longer in that area. I called my insurance, and they confirmed that there had been no new claim activity and that based on the information submitted, I am not financially responsible for the amount Medicredit is aggressively trying to collect from me. This company is calling me, sending me letters and adversely affecting my ability to navigate the financial world, for a bill I don't owe. I have now written the hospital and all credit bureaus about this extraordinary collection activity for a bill that is not my responsibility. I am frustrated, my credit is negatively impacted and I'm paying higher interest rates because no one is resolving the issue.

Original review: June 21, 2017

Every representative that I spoke to couldn't wait to get off the phone and didn't want to help me with my situation at all. I had 7 years of information to relay. I have sent a dispute letter and was put on file, but never helped anything. My provider has failed to submit a claim and instead sent it to collections. Blue Cross Blue Shield has been trying to call the collection agency for months and Medicredit has chosen to ignore all their phone calls. The insurance company wants to pay this bill, but Medicredit can't seem to figure out how to get the payment with the insurance company. Medicredit wants a payment and BCBS wants to pay, but it is still unresolved. How ridiculous is this. Because of this incompetency, my credit score suffers.

Original review: April 6, 2017

My son's doctor double billed my insurance agency, the insurance company paid the bill and declined the second bill. The doctor's office had talked with me and verified they were paid. 5 months later I start receiving calls from Medicredit about the bill. I had my insurance company talk with them and proved the bill was paid. Now they have put the bill on my credit report. How can they get away with this information. I luckily have my insurance company to back it all up with paperwork. Yet this is ruining my credit score and reputation on paying my bills. Can you sue the company for filing false information on your credit report?

Original review: March 23, 2017

In an attempt to pay a collections account for Spartanburg Regional Medical Center I was charged an additional $4.95 for third party processing which MEDICREDIT, INC did not tell me about, nor do it state this information on any of the bills they have sent me. I called the company back, explained what happened, that I wasn't informed and the rude CSR asked what I wanted to be done. I have a $4000 medical bill for SRMC center that they broke up into 3 accounts. Three accounts that they continue to report to credit agencies to keep negative marks on your credit but when I called it was one balance. Something need to be done with them ASAP! My $4.95 still haven't been put back in my account. I shouldn't have to pay for the negligence of this company not telling me about third party charging on a recorded call supposedly or for SRMC using them to collect debts!

Original review: March 3, 2017

I had an emergency and was unemployed so it got turned over to MC. They called and set up auto bank drafts of $50 which was really more than I could afford but had no choice. They said they would make four payments and then call me to reevaluate my ability to pay more. Instead of calling they took the fourth payment and then reported it to the credit bureau. They said they mailed statements but they did not. I never heard from them except to see the bank drafts in my account. St. Mary's goes along with it so you are stuck. It's not like I went out and blew $2000 frivolously. In fact I wanted to leave the emergency room and was told that if I did, and something bad happened my insurance wouldn't cover it so I felt trapped and now my credit is ruined.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2017

I myself have been dealing with Medicredit. Received a hospital bill for a trip to the ER for the amount of $1168.00. I sent a payment of 500.00 and waited for another statement which I'm not sure if I received one or not but I don't recall getting one. Anyway I did end up receiving one from Medicredit which I immediately called and made arrangements to make monthly payments with them until paid. I kept my end of the deal and then when I was down to owing them just 268.00 I mistakenly sent a final payment of 318.00 which I am still waiting for the return of my overpayment. While making my monthly payments they did go ahead and put this "derogatory" account in the credit bureaus which hurt my scores significantly and have yet to mark this account paid at least.

It has not been quite 30 days yet since paid but I did call them while paying them and questioned them on whether they would remove this account from the bureaus once paid since it was a medical bill and they very rudely said that they would not! I have yet to receive any statement confirming that it is paid. There is no way to contact them via website or when you call you just get automated phone service. Very frustrating. Also in hindsight after checking with my insurance co, it looks like I may not have even had to pay this bill. It was originally viewed as an out of network provider which the ins co negotiated and I should not have had to pay the balance. But now they are investigating this bill again because I explained to them that this provider was in network which means someone will have to reimburse me all the money I paid but what about what it cost me as far as my credit score? Who fixes that?

I went on the FTC website after reading all of these complaints and on this site there is a way that people can file complaints. If enough people file complaints then this company can be made to answer for their unscrupulous and unlawful practices. I'm just not sure how do we inform the masses and get enough people to lodge their complaints with the government so this company can be made to answer? Any information that you use in filing a complaint with the FTC remains completely confidential.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2017

I settled an account in November 2016. In December, it was still on my credit report. I called, and the lady who answered told me it would be cleared within 30 days. It's now February, and when I paid Equifax to dispute the charge, Medicredit STILL told them my account was delinquent. I called again, and the woman I spoke to said there was nothing she could do for me except send me a letter in the mail, which I then have to send again to Equifax and pay the extra money to keep my stupid Equifax account open. My outstanding balance was $150. I will have to pay almost as much just to get this off my credit.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2017

I have contacted Medicredit many times, get different people to speak every time, and have gotten nowhere with them. No one knows what they are doing there, get different answers from all that I spoke to. The supervisor was a total moron, disrespectful and in no way going to help me. Here we are in 2017 and my account was paid in full on 9/12/2016. I have been told that the update went out on 9/21/2016. When I asked which agency it was reported to, no one knew. Last call I put in to them I was told it would be looked into. Again, nothing. I am done with them, going to file a formal complaint with the FTC. They are interfering with my ability to get my credit repaired. I need to purchase a vehicle soon and this collection will hurt me since it shows in my credit reports that I still owe money.

I feel Medicredit is a hateful company wanting to punish consumers for their hard times. I am going to request that that collection be totally removed due to their incompetency. I have filed a dispute with all three bureaus. I will seek professional help and hire an attorney if need be. I have kept records of when I called, and who I spoke to. This agency is unprofessional and should not be in business.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2016

Keep getting calls from these debt collectors for a hospital bill for my brother-in-law. He died in January 2016. I have nothing to do with the finances of this person. I don't know who does as his wife, my sister, died 3 years ago and there were no children. I have asked them not to call me but they continue. The last call threatened to report his refusal to pay to the credit bureaus. I just laughed at the woman and said "who cares - he is dead". She then said they could garnish/attach his income tax refund. I laughed at her again and said "go ahead - he doesn't file a tax return as he had been retired for 7 years before his death and would not be filing a tax return for this year either". She then said they have every intention of collecting this bill. I told her "good luck with that", and now that I have asked them not to call, if they call me again, I will be suing THEM!

Original review: Nov. 1, 2016

We woke up this morning at 8:10 am to a stranger that said they were calling from Medicredit. This lady asked me to verify who I was and I responded for her to verify who she was. She refused and stated that I refused to give her my personal information and hung up. Who would give out their personal information to someone that refused to give me theirs first? I pay $1300 a month for insurance so I won't have to put up with this treatment.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2016

Just received an 8:30 am call on Saturday from a very rude woman who refers to herself as "Ms. **", representing Medicredit. Her tone was terrible. She was calling for another family member and would not answer my inquiring questions regarding why they would call so early on a Saturday. Very sharply she responds, "...someone's got to do it...I work on Saturday's..." Wow, a rude wake up call. I would not trust this company. Go straight to the source they are representing if you can find out why they're calling.

Resolution response: Oct. 7, 2016

After contacting the hospital, they advised the balance was $50 and the account would be closed with them. I did not have to pay $1100 that Medicredit said was necessary to close the account.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2016

I was contacted by MC that a hospital bill I was paying on was sent to them for collection. They offered a discount if the balance could be paid in 2 parts, one being in August the other in September. I paid August online at their website. On September 3rd I attempted to pay the second payment. Their site went to a GoDaddy.com green screen. On the 4th, 5th or 6th, I could not get it to go thru so I mailed the payment. I was notified by MC this week that because I didn't make it online or call them a payment in on the phone, that I now owed the part they discounted off. They took the website down to create payment difficulties in order to collect more money and make out like you defaulted. They have yet to send all the money I paid to the hospital. I paid $1600 total and they only sent $1200. I didn't owe MC therefore they shouldn't keep any of my payment.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2016

Unprofessional and untrustworthy. I paid my bill online and never received the promised confirmation email and am not able to view my payment history. And when I called in, was told that they could not tell me my payment history or confirm that my payment went through as they were working on two different systems. I do not trust a company that will not provide such crucial information to me. What reason could they possibly have to withhold payment history other than to trick one into paying again two or three times?

Original review: Sept. 23, 2016

I was making $50 payments to Methodist hospital and on the third payment was sent to Medicredit. The Rep GINA ** called me and was extremely rude and unprofessional. She offered a settlement amount but would not send me a letter stating the offer. Then told me even if I kept paying the bill. They would report negative to. My credit report since I didn't pay the account off on the phone with her. I hung up and called the hospital to verify the agency was collecting for them and they verified it so I called back and got another rep which helped me out so I paid the balance and recorded the entire conversation with their knowledge I was doing so. I plan on reporting them to the Federal Trade Commission and also contact a former attorney I used in the past to see if we can peruse them for their collection practices. Gina was a real **!!!

Original review: Sept. 9, 2016

My credit has been falsely ruined. Medicredit is claiming a collection (filed 7/28/16) on an amount of 218 dollars for a bill established by St. Lukes Hospital. I work very hard to make certain that all of my bills are always paid on time. I have paid St. Lukes over 3800 dollars already and my bill was only supposed to be for 3418.05 originally. I have the proof of this. I offered to email them the proof, but they will not even return my phone calls so I cannot get an email address.

After paying them 3800 dollars, I thought that my bill had been paid off. I can see now from the 218 dollars that they placed as a collection on my credit report that they are still trying to collect money that is not owed to them. I paid 100 dollars monthly as a withdrawal from my bank. I have worked very hard for many years to get my credit in better shape and had finally reached over 740. Being falsely accused of owing money that I already paid has once again damaged my credit. It is very sad that I earnestly paid them every penny I owed them, nearly 3500 dollars, to be placed in collections over 218 dollars that I no longer owe.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2016

No proof of their bogus amount smearing my credit report, but they keep re-submitting it to credit bureaus, thereby causing me to get a worse refinance loan with higher interest than I would if they got their slimy mitts off my financial information. There ought to be a law against credit scammers like this.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2016

Called to inform this rude company that I had been applied for financial assistance through the hospital and haven't got a letter back yet, they still called. I was calling today to put 10. Towards the balance and the rep Andrew stated after asking for my information and misunderstanding my conversation only to hear what he wanted to hear especially I can't make that amount payment over the phone that I can mail it or go on the website the amount has to be 50. In order to take payment over the phone?? #WTF Type of ** - is this so now companies refusing to take customers payment because it is not the amount THEY want?? I go on to the website and it keeps taking me to GODADDY.COM. WTH is this. How can I report this company???

Original review: Aug. 19, 2016

Checked my credit report and found a $150 unpaid hospital bill put on all three bureaus by Medicredit. I called the hospital and my health insurance company. They told me I owe them nothing. I got through to Medicredit last week. They have no record of a debt with them either and were supposed to send me a letter stated I owed them nothing. And of course, nothing happened. The credit bureaus have not been notified by Medicredit. I have no letter from Medicredit saying that the debt is bogus. My 800 plus credit score dropped to 621 because of this. No one is answering the phone at Medicredit at 800-888-2238 or 314-837-2000.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2016

I had a bill that I totally forgot about (My fault. I get it). They started calling nonstop. They always wanted my personal info which I will NOT give out over the phone. They sent a letter. I looked them up. Okay, they were legit. I started to make payments. I get a call from them as I'm paying it off and the guy threatens me by reporting me to the credit bureau. I asked why they would do this if I'm working with them? He said it's their policy. To which I replied, they better be careful. Sounds like they might get a class action lawsuit. He got REAL nasty and threatened me again with reporting me. I decided it wasn't worth it and went to the website to pay it off in full on a credit card. I got to my account, and my computer auto-populates my payment info. I ended up using my debit card and the payment did not go through yet, so I closed out the screen. I reopened the window and paid with the correct card.

I look on my bank statement and they charged BOTH CARDS! I called them to have them cancel my debit card and the guy "Mitch" said he would have to look into it and get back with me. Well, I waited almost all day and he never called, so at 5pm I called them again and I spoke with a "Andrew". He said "since Mitch is working this, I'll have to call back tomorrow. I could speak with Mitch then." I didn't understand. What is so hard about giving someones money back? They have a double payment. Just give me one back! Seriously? I get they are a bill collector. But when you have someone that is trying to work with you and pay you back, why would you make it more difficult! They were jerks from the start. Threatening and intimidation. Not sure why someone hasn't gotten a class action lawsuit brought against them. It's just a matter of time and I for one cannot WAIT!

Original review: July 22, 2016

Contacted Medicredit on June 28 when I learned they had placed a collection on my credit report. Although we had been making payments all along, I negotiated a payoff on that date and gave their rep a check to pay it off. The rep promised to send me a receipt the account was paid. On July 9, I called Medicredit because I had not received a receipt for the payoff. Rep apologized and said they would send it. On the 20th of July I called again and rep said it was mailed to me on July 15. It is now July 22 and I still have not received the receipt. In my conversation on the 20th of July, I asked the rep when I called if the payoff had been sent to the credit bureaus and she said yes; although in checking my credit report, the collection still shows. Is Medicredit just pulling my chain??? What can I do? I have excellent credit, always pay my bills and have never experienced an action like this.

Original review: July 13, 2016

I received my first phone call on June 10th 2016. I called the 800-777-9929 number back asap - they asked me for so much personal information before I was immediately suspicious of them and thought it may be fraud. I also had NEVER received a bill. I verified my mailing address with the male on 6/10/2016 - he said it was correct. I did not understand how I had not received a bill then. He said he would request the bill to be sent. He told me that the bill was $39. I told him "I have no issue paying what I owe but need a bill first. I did not receive a bill."

I got another phone call on 7/13/2016 - I called back right away. I spoke with a female (Anna maybe?). I explained that I never got a bill. She said the city listed in my address was wrong - it said Thousand Oaks - I told her that was not possible. I had verified my mailing address with the male rep on the 10th of June. She also told me that she did see that a request for a copy of the bill was made by Medicredit on 6/21/2016. I asked her how it could take 11 days for someone to request a copy of the bill on my behalf; I had asked the rep on the 10th to send me a copy of the bill - 11 days later the request is made???

Anyway - I would not have gotten it anyway since they had my address wrong unbeknownst to me. I told them I wanted to contact the hospital. She gave me a client reference # ** and told me to look up the # for Los Robles Hospital. I asked to speak with a supervisor - she said she was at lunch - I asked to speak with the interim supervisor - she told me their phones weren't working correctly and to call her back - at ext #4441 - supervisor named Michelle in 15 min.

I called the hospital instead - I did and spoke to the billing/accounts dept. They had my address wrong and could not tell me why it was wrong in the system. I updated it with them - I asked to verify the address again - they had it wrong AGAIN while I was on the phone. They also told me I owed $849.65. Not $39. I asked them where did Medicredit get the $39 amount - they said they did not know. I asked them to send me a bill and I let them know I was very upset because this could affect my credit and it is not my fault.

I waited on hold again for about 15-20 min after trying to call Medicredit again to speak with Michelle, the supervisor. There was not a way to enter her ext # in - so I had to wait on hold for a rep - I asked to be transferred to Michelle @ 4441. The female rep said the phones were not working - can I call back. I said "I do not wish to wait on hold for another 15-20 min a third time today." I said, "Can I have her e-mail?" They said no. I said "can she call me back?" They said yes. I gave my first and Last name and #. I am still waiting for her to call me back.

It is completely outrageous that a person can be sent to collections over a data error in an address field - especially one that is not the patient's fault. It is outrageous that a company has such poor customer service skills and is so willing to hurt peoples' credit scores and not be cooperative in the least. They are rude, incompetent, inefficient and cannot explain the bad information they give out. How can they be in business?

Original review: June 18, 2016

I had been making payments for an ER visit for 6 months before getting a call from MediCredit. I asked why they called. They said no payment arrangements. I said, "That's funny. You have been accepting my payments so far." All of a sudden they wanted to up the payments $50 a month, I agreed and made payments to the hospital website.

Next thing I know Medicredit has turned me into the credit bureau as late payments. I called them and told them what I had done - they had their money. Yet they were very rude. My next payment I made on their website and they called to harass me saying it was a week late. I explained why and said, "That's funny if you see the payment why are you calling me? Except to harass me?" I told her to look on the account and see where I had paid - she just kept harassing me and ignored what I said, so I hung up. They have continued to call me. I don't answer. I made my last payment so now I will turn them over if they call me and I will record the conversation like they do mine. Not a reputable company. Mailing my payment information into the credit bureau to get them taken off.

Original review: April 5, 2016

In July 2015 I received my first and only bill from Ocala Health for the remaining balance owed for an ER visit on 1/13/2015. The statement date was 7/11/2015 and I made my first payment on 7/30/2015 and continued sending in what I could afford each month. In late December 2015, after making 4 payments to Ocala Health, I started getting calls from Medicredit. In January I spoke to a collector and asked them why were they calling me since I had been making payments to Ocala Health on a regular basis, their response was "Did you make payment arrangements?" I stated no, but I have been sending payments each month to Ocala Health, so how could they send me to a collection agency?

I told Medicredit since I have been sending my payments to Ocala Health and have never received any bill from Medicredit I am going to continue to send my payments directly to Ocala Health. Now, after I sent my final payment in February 2015, I discovered that Medicredit placed a collection for $89 (my final payment amount) on my credit bureau report and caused my score to go way down. I am sending a letter to Ocala Health, Medicredit, Trans Union, Equifax, Experian and the Better Business Bureau because it is my understanding of the law that as long as you are making an attempt to pay your debt, they cannot send you to a collection agency nor put a derogatory remark on your credit report. If they do not get this removed from my report immediately, I WILL be calling an attorney. Further, in March 2016, my husband received a check from a class action lawsuit involving Medicredit for their ILLEGAL/UNETHICAL practices.

Original review: April 4, 2016

I see all the bad reviews. How about a class action lawsuit? These people took my credit from 820 to 650 over $268 that they (Gerald) ext ** promised me that the bill would not hit my credit. Spoke to a manager, Shawna. NO help. Just WRONG! I paid but my credit is so bad now?

Medicredit Corp Company Information