Allied Interstate

Compare Debt Collection Agencies

Research top Debt Collection Agencies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I'm a disabled Desert Storm Veteran and this Company has been calling daily, demanding personal information without stating the nature of their business and when I insist on what it is in reference to, they ignore or talk over me in a rude and aggressive way. I've read similar complaints about this company and feel that they should be put out of commission or penalized with whatever laws, policies to prevent this type of practice. I'm 63 yrs old, and I believe that they are targeting seniors and people who are incapable to defend themselves.

I went to one of those for-profit online colleges which I should have never done. They promise you the world, but they're essentially liars. Well, due to that whole experience, my loans are in default. Allied Interstate harass me nonstop. They have phoned my boyfriend whom I didn't even know when I go the loan. They've told me to borrow from him or friends to pay it back, they've questioned how much money he makes because I have no income. I help him out with his business but he doesn't pay me, how my cell phone bill gets paid, etc.. None of these things are their business.

Due to their reputation, I told them that I would not be paying anything to them because I did not feel comfortable giving them banking information especially since the banking information is not mine. I was lied to and told they would garnish my boyfriend's income tax return and his business tax return. Neither of which are in my name. Even though I told them numerous times that I have no income and that they will see this when I file my taxes, they are now sending paperwork to garnish wages I don't have. Every time I tried to talk to these people, they would talk over top of me and not let me finish what I was saying.

I reached out to the Ombudsman's office because they have been causing such stress in my home life, I can't really take it anymore. He told me to have them communicate with me through email only. Which they will not do. I told the ombudsman's office that I will make payment arrangements but not through Allied Interstate. My boyfriend will help me pay, but not through this company because he has also looked them up and is not confident that they will honor the arrangement. I am so stressed, I honestly don't know what to do. I can't breathe, my head hurts, I'm so upset and nervous all because these people have decided to bother everyone I know.

I had no idea that Navient sold my loan to Allied Interstate. I never got a letter. I called Sallie Mae - told me to call Navient. Called Navient - told me to call dept of ed which they told me they had no idea. 3 months later I called dept of Ed and demanded where my loan went and finally told me they put my loan to Allied a collection agency. I called them and I asked for a bill and the monthly amount I could pay to get it out of default. They said ok. A week later they send me a bill with no monthly bill - just the whole amount.

I call back and ask them the same thing, this time I said if I can send a payment of $50 money order a month, but they tried to pressure me to give them my bank account, which I refused. Then they started to ask if I was on unemployment. Since the first time I called them, they harassed me day to 7 pm nonstop calls from different numbers. They're pissing me off with the nonstop calling and different numbers each time! Trying to do the program is a pain in the ass. I ask them to send me the form by mail, they insisted on email and fax it back, which I said fine, they never sent one. I call one month later and again the program, I ask for the form to be sent by mail, same damn thing.

I fell behind on my care credit account. They asked me if I could send 15 dollars and I did it in a money order. Well they called me this morning and I told them that I was not to set up a checking account just to set up payment arrangements. And I was not going to issue my savings account number. I've always made payments with money orders. It was not a problem in the past as I fell through hard times. I will not be conned into getting an account nor giving them my savings number. I need to pay off 461 dollars and they have yet to set something up so I'll send them what I can. They even gave my husband the runaround. If they was a good collection agency they should be able to schedule payments. I pay my bills and I will continue to do so. I need to know how to handle them. They seem to be very pushy and I don't appreciate it at all. Thank you.

I've heard multiple stories about these guys. Every time I look up a number that Allied Interstate uses to call, there's a plethora of people complaining that they've been scammed. It appears these people are based in India and receive your number in multiple ways. A common theme I found is that if you've ever ordered anything from any of those online pharmacies based in India (like "US Pharmacy"), they handover (or sell) your phone number to these Indian scammers. Whenever I pick up the call (accidentally, of course), they are unable to explain anything to me. All they can do is rudely tell me I have debt somewhere, somehow, which is completely inaccurate. If I press them further to tell me more about this debt they become belligerent. One guy on the phone even yelled and swore at me before slamming the phone shut. What a pathetic excuse of a company.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Allied Interstate?

This 3rd party collection agency was hired to collect a debt for Fingerhut. They contacted my mother in law numerous times and left messages. After contacting them directly to set up payments and inquire why they would call my mother in law, I was advised that they will call anyone that I am associated with. I was also threatened, screamed at and hung up on. I called back asking for a supervisor who again screamed at me and advised me that she had blocked my number and to NEVER call again and to deal with the client directly. I have made payments on this account and I am still receiving the calls from them stating they have never received my payments.

My last call from them was today which the representative advised me again that the payments were not received and that it wasn't her problem. This call also ended in a threat. My hands are tied. I have made payments and still owe a balance and no one is willing to help. I need to state that I never once stated I would not pay. The calls continue to my mother in law and me. The $300.00 I have paid is lost in space.

They have written me twice saying they are collecting for an overdue account on eBay. I pay for things as I buy them through Paypal. The username on the account does not match mine. The home address is incorrect. The site is in French. I called eBay and they have no record of the charges. Total scam. If they bug me again, I'll report them to the FBI (http://ic3.gov).

Allied Interstate presents themselves as nice people who want to help you resolve your debt. That's because they get money for resolving your debt. The people you will speak to are uneducated, don't do their jobs well, and are paid too much. I spoke to someone, a manager, who spoke like a teenage hooligan. There was a dispute over my account. I was lead to believe my account was in good standing. Little did I know, my account was no longer in good standing. When I discussed negotiations with someone on how to get my account on the right path, they made it seem like it was okay that my account payments were stopped (it's usually a 6-month payment plan).

This person didn't have the courtesy to tell me that my special account program I was in, for a reduced interest rate, was in jeopardy. How convenient for Allied to kick me out of a program where I would be paying less interest, which meant less money for them. They then forced me back into a program with a higher interest rate for 6 months. Once again, more money for them. They do not communicate well and they automatically think you're the stupid customer, because they all look down on the customers because we're "the people who didn't pay our bills" so we must automatically be low lives, right? Wrong. Allied Interstate needs to get their act together.

Due to a predatory student loan I was forced to let it default to make manageable payment arrangements. After months of non stop phone calls to friends, family, and my employer we entered discussions to make payment arrangements for a settlement of the debt. After speaking to one consultant and not getting anywhere a company manager ** who is no longer employed with the company began calling me. And after a few months we came to terms on a settlement that would be tough financially, but would be manageable monthly. We verbally agreed upon a $1,000 "good faith" payment with 48 equal payments of $334 to be made to settle the debt.

On February 2nd 2012 the $1,000 payment was made by me with a payment of $308 made February 12th 2012 with the following monthly payments made on the 16th of every month with the $6.95 monthly processing charge to be waived, except for June 16th that was for $308 as well with the total of $16,980 paid including the $1,000. At the time that we made the payment agreement I requested to have it all in writing, and the manager ** insisted they do not and can not put it in writing until the final payment is received, with a final receipt then "closing" the account showing the payment arrangements have been satisfied. I asked numerous times to have it in writing, but was encouraged that all the notes were documented in their system and that no problems would occur. I have made every payment of $334 on time and setup to have them automatically taken from my account. I am 40 of the 48 payments in to my agreement.

In April on 2014 ** left the company, and my account was assigned to another person. Late May of 2014 I had to close my Bank Of America account and reopen a new Bank Of America account because of fraud. I called Allied Interstate on the phone number I had for ** to give them my new account information to make sure the payments weren't missed and continued to come out of my account. After only getting a voicemail on multiple phone attempts I got someone in customer service who informed she was no longer with the company and would have the new account manager get back to me. She did, and I will not include her name because she is still the account manager. June 2nd of 2014 I setup what I thought were the remaining payments because I was allowed to originally set them up for 3 years up front when I made the settlement agreement.

Today June 3rd 2015 I received 3 phone calls from the account manager's phone number after receiving 2 phone calls yesterday. When I listened to the voicemail I returned the phone calls because she mentioned the account it was in reference to. When I called the phone number I was informed that I needed to set up the next years worth of payments. That struck me as odd since my last payment should be due January 16th 2016. I asked the account manager to confirm that the final payment was due in January or February of next year. She then informed me that is incorrect and my balance is the entire amount in full, and that the payments I have been making under what I was told was a payment agreement was also incorrect and that the payments are coming off the full balance.

Her attitude changed when I questioned her about the agreement we had come to and she became very aggressive, stating that nothing in her records show that agreement. I asked her about the company's policy to not send anything in writing until the end unless it's a one time payment of the amount settled. She stated the company would absolutely put it in writing if it was something offered and stated that in March of 2012 after I already sent the $1,000 good faith payment and first payment of $308 that they sent me a settlement offer of the full amount that was agreed upon over 48 payments to be made all at once. A few minutes later after she explained to me what program I was in based on her records I asked why it is reflecting on my credit report as settlement reached as a partial payment plan. She said "the program you are in is to pay the entire balance with no interest and that's why it shows that way".

I then asked her if that was the program I was in, wouldn't there be something in writing stating that was agreed upon since that her records were showing it. She then proceeded to tell me no, they do not put any settlement payment plans in writing - this coming not even 5 minutes after telling me that if we had agreed to 48 payments of $334 it would be in writing. After I questioned her about her telling me my agreement would be in writing if I had made those arrangements in 2012, and in the same breath telling me that no the company wouldn't put anything in writing. Her attitude got worse and threatened to terminate the phone. Meanwhile I became agitated because I feel like I have been doing the right thing for the past 40 month making good on my debt, but every time I tried to talk she cut me off. Every time I tried to ask a question she basically told me that my question didn't make any sense.

At this point I don't know where I stand and do not feel comfortable sending any more money until this is resolved.

I have been getting robocalls from this collection agency for months, increasing in frequency in the past weeks. Today, I received a bill from them for $891.63 for an alleged charge to eBay. I have shopped on eBay exactly once in my life - for a purchase that cost around $40, which was automatically charged to the credit card registered with my eBay account.

I have never received a bill from eBay - or any notification from them at all that my account was hacked, or overdue - and of course, any fraudulent charges would have gone directly to my credit card on file. This is all highly suspicious and seems to be a phishing scam posing as a collection agency. (And for the record, my credit is excellent.) Do NOT give them any information whatsoever, or make any payments to them.

You know I've been getting calls from this company for over a year now. I had a so called subscription to a "readers service" and it got to the point where I couldn't afford to continue to pay it, so I tried to call them and cancel the account. Well the numbers that I called were disconnected or didn't answer. Never got a call back from leaving a message, and no email to get a hold of. I never had enough money in the bank to continue the subscription and you would think they would quit trying to take money, well they didn't. Instead of calling me about the unpayable balance and asking if I wanted to continue, they just added it up to a $1400+ debt. But this never showed up on my credit reports and they keep saying that is cause they've been holding it back. I called BS when they wouldn't let me pay it by money order or cash. They tell me they can only take my credit/debit card number or check number over the phone. That was a big red flag for me.

What kind of company doesn't let you pay with a legit money order?! They won't give you an address either. And today I got called again and the gal I talked to called from a Texas number then a Minnesota number after I hung up on her. Yea, nice try you fraud. Her accent sounded like it was from New Jersey. When she called back and left me a voice mail from the other number she sounded very angry that I'd hung up on her and threatened to report it to the state I'm currently living in. All I got to say is bring it on. You're not getting a single cent out of me you freaking frauds!

For several years my household has been receiving phone calls, apparently from collection agencies, in search of some **. No such person resides or resided at the phone number associated with my address. For the past year or so, we started receiving calls from Allied Interstate, LLC, but disregarded them. Infuriated by their incessant calls, on 16 April 2015 I decided to answer. I repeated that no such person lived at this household and that in the past I offered to send a copy of my lease agreement testifying to the fact. I then requested to speak with the supervisor. A person I was transferred to, Mr. **, refused to tell me what the nature of their company was, although by law they're required to inform callers that they're a collection agency. Unsatisfied, I requested to speak with the manager of the Allied Interstate, LLC. His name is Mr. ** and his direct telephone number is **.

On 17 April 2015, at 9 a.m. we spoke. I expressed my frustration and requested that my number be removed from their calling list. Mr. ** promised to do this immediately. Some 40-45 minutes later I decided to call them again to see if the number was indeed removed. An employee who picked up the phone (by the name **) asked an idiotic question: "Are you **?" (I happen to be a male), by which I was able to determine that the number was not removed. I contacted Mr. ** again and requested that he sends me a letter confirming that the number had been removed. Mr. ** refused to send a written confirmation saying that they cannot do it and added that I'd receive no phone calls because a restricting tab had been placed for my number. This showed that Mr. ** lied to me when he said that the number had been removed.

Unsatisfied, I insisted that the number be removed completely, which was met with his refusal. I then requested that he identifies the source or database from which they received information that ** was associated with the number. Mr. ** refused again. After consulting my lawyer, I've decided to file a legal notion against Allied Interstate, LLC so they will be compelled by the court decision to completely remove the number and inform me about the source they have acquired it from.

After talking to several reps who used poor English and became agitated when I would ask questions about the debt in question. I found out not only did they try to harass me about and collect a debt past the statute of limitations they could not prove that I owed it. Another red flag was when I asked if I could check to make sure I owed the debt then call them back. They told me they don't have a call back number. So I asked "what about the number on my caller id?" I was informed that that's not their number. If you pick up, don't verify any info other than your name. No birthday or last four of social. Remember THEY CALLED YOU. You have the power. If they don't want to talk to you tell them to mail it. There is really no point in trying to block the number. I have blocked 20 of their number and they still call me.

I am disabled and have been receiving disability since about 1996. My income is 850 a month. I had a medical deferment signed by then Doctor. I went on to apply to take online classes. Then out of nowhere comes Allied Interstate. Who has not so much as sent one written piece of correspondence to me before they began garnishing my little Social Security - didn't know what I was talking about. My bank kept giving me the wrong deposit amount. Allied said i had signed a consolidation which I had not. I told them of my illness and of the medical deferment. Have been asking for months for medical papers to them resigned. Haven't received so much a leaflet to this day. They will not give you an address. Had to beg again to even tell me who they are.

I don't understand how Social Security could even let them get away with this. I have recently got out the hospital to find out they have taken money again. Well because of this I'm being evicted and have to answer a warrant today. I have no family since my mother recently passed. All i have that remotely comes close to a family is my therapy dog. Who i guess will be living tied to a shopping cart. So if you see me sick delirious on the streets with a white dog, it was not drugs or alcohol dependence. It was Allied Interstates shady practices. There has to be a way for them to be stopped from ruining lives and possibly assisting in my declining health - possibly death. There a lot of complaints here to rally together. Today its me, tomorrow it could be your kids. I welcome any suggestions.

I have been receiving calls concerning a debt incurred by a non-relative. I have 4 times gone over the litany of connection with this young man - which seems to have little impact on the agency. Debtor was stepson of husband I divorced 25+ years ago. Ex-husband has been divorced from debtor's mother for over 5 years. I have not seen debtor since he was in elementary school and he is now nearing 40 years old!

I just got a new landline yesterday! I guess whoever had this number before owed something to AIC. I got a call this morning. They can call it all they want. All they are going to get is my fax! I've been reading all of the complaints. Wow! I can't believe they are still in business! I pray all of you people get relief from this ruthless company.

I've been getting calls from this company for a few days. They don't leave a message. When I called back they didn't state the name of the company or give any other information. I spoke with two different representatives and could barely get any information from them. As it turns out, they were calling to collect on student loans for my husband. He had been making payments through another company, who dropped the account and it ended up with this company for whatever reason and we were totally unaware, were not informed by either company.

The rep I spoke with was extremely rude, argumentative, unprofessional. She raised her voice at me and cut me off numerous times. She tried to coerce and bully me into giving them thousands of dollars. She kept telling me to borrow money from relatives or a bank to settle on the loans. She would not give the loan numbers, or what company they came from. My husband is military and deployed overseas, and I cannot communicate with him easily. She did not understand this. She kept asking when I would speak with him, and when I would call back. I can't know this, obviously. She kept asking me how much I was going to pay them today, which I replied nothing until I find out more information. She became extremely rude. She kept arguing and I tried to get off the phone numerous times. Eventually, I had to hang up on her.

I've worked with a few other collection companies before, who were very helpful, professional, and understanding, as well as forthcoming with information. This company is none of those things.

I received a letter from allied interstate attempting to collect on a delinquent student loan through Sallie Mae. I did in fact have a defaulted student loan through Sallie Mae, mostly due to Sallie Mae's unfair business practices. Allied interstate offered a settlement of a little less than half, so I called and arranged to make a payment. I set it up on a Tuesday to be withdrawn from my checking account the following Monday. I told Joe ** from allied that I would need to visit the bank and transfer funds from my savings to my checking during the interim to make the payment on Monday, and he noted he understood. He called me back on Thursday, 2 days later, stating Sallie Mae was going to withdraw the settlement offer on Friday, and I should pay now or miss the opportunity. I openly informed him that was a ** ploy, however, for the sake of paying off the loan and getting it past me, I set it up and got to the bank to ensure funds would be available. I requested, as before when I originally set this up that I be sent a letter certifying that this payment settled my loan and that I was paid in full. The payment went through on Friday. This was on the 13th of October. I never received such a letter.

I called Joe ** back at 1 877 217 4354 and spoke with him regarding the letter. He apologized and retook my address and email to which he would sent the notice that my bill was satisfied. It is December 12th and still nothing. I tried calling him again and only got his answering machine, leave a message and no return call. What scam type games are these idiots playing. I want my written evidence that I have paid in full. If I don't receive a letter or phone call immediately, I will retain a lawyer and sue for a refund PLUS FEES and INTEREST!

I don't know who you are, what you want, what you claim we owe. You wouldn't tell me when asked. You deflected, dodged, bobbed and weaved when put on the spot, instead you asked for information. You wouldn't even tell me what your company does ... I had to Google you ... and I'm not liking what I'm seeing. Go away. I've never had a debt.

Offered a settlement on a loan I consigned for. Asked for terms to be put in writing. When I got the terms, the terms did not reflect a settlement at 40% as offered. The amount being paid was only to cure the default not a settlement. False rep by carter.

I have been paying $600/month for 7 years! Just like clock work, regardless. I own that I defaulted and there should be some type of penalty for my actions. However, after 7 years and $50,400 on an original debt of $17,000, I'm pretty sure we're square. When I call, they want me to pay an additional $150/mo for 9 months. Well by then I should be done, but I know I won't be because my balance always seems to be the same. I'm now on the phone with the Dept of Ed and they've been no help. Jeez, I think I've paid my debt.

On two Occasions, this company's personnel called asking for Kimberly **. I told them there was no one here by that name. After talking to Representative Adi ** and his manager, Ahmad **, they said they would correct their records and not call back. Note: it was very difficult understanding these two people. I told them I was recording the conversation both calls. A week later, they called again asking for Kimberly **. This time a Amet ** called. I spoke to him and his manager, Naavneet **. Again I had a hard time understanding them. I explained this was harassment. They said it was their job. Again they say they won't call back.

I called to try and square my debt up. Carter ** is who I talked to. He is completely unprofessional. The point is to try and get me to start making payments correct? Not judge me on why I haven't been making payments. There are many reasons as to why. What college grad can make an $800 payment right out of college? Rent, etc. Well I did for the first two years and then lost my job when all hell broke loose in the economy. Started working at Starbucks until I could get a job in my field. He of course has judged me on being a low rate ** who is ripping on the private loan institution. Right dude, that's what I was doing.

All I said was when I graduated, the loan rate was astronomical and he went off! It's not HIS loan or Allied's loan. What does he care about my loan rate and my opinion of it from 2007! He started saying that I was incorrect and if my credit was high back then, how could my loan rate been that high? I told him that either you can't negotiate or they don't tell you you can. If you can negotiate a private school loan, well then I screwed up. I was 21 and had no clue. I had great credit and got 11.65% on my loan. He told me so you can have a new car but not pay your loan for the last 6 years? I told him we were off topic and I just wanted to start paying my loan.

He kept telling me, "Well, you don't know what you are talking about," and that my loan rate couldn't have been that high. That I was irresponsible for buying a new car. First off, just got the car 4 months ago and from Ford. They have their own bank and were running a special. I was able to get a 0% loan with a co-signer. He said I was LYING and that wasn't possible, that I should have gotten a cheaper car. Yes well a used car I wouldn't have gotten 0% and on my own without a co-signer on a lease would have been higher payments! I'M SORRY. Were YOU there for my loan negotiation on my car??!? No, you weren't. None of that is his business. His business is to facilitate me paying my loans back. Again the purpose of me calling was to start paying back my loan because yes NOW I am able to afford the loan repayment process. He is supposed to help with that process not berate me and try to tell me I'm a liar. In short he is an ** and so is Allied.

I got a report to my credit negative after I pay them.

Allied Interstate has been calling us for months. We told them many times that we are not the person they are trying to contact and don't know that person but they keep calling every day. Just want them to stop calling.

I keep getting robocalls on my answering machine, while I'm at work, from Allied Interstate LLC regarding a delinquent bill. I have no delinquent bills. They leave a number that cuts off before the last digit. I found the last digit online. This is pure harassment. I will attempt to contact governing agencies that will help me stop these calls. Perhaps BBB, FTC, others? The text of the message: "Hello, I am calling from Allied Interstate LLC, a collection agency that is attempting to collect a debt and any information that we obtain will be used for that purpose. Please call us at 1-800-258-8074."

This guy calls me Dec. 2, 20013 about an unpaid Sprint bill from 1997. This bill was written off 12 year ago. In most states, once a consumer bill had gone uncollected or challenged for a set number of years, it can be forcibly collected on in court. After 7, it must to be taken off your credit report if you submit written request. This bill was taken off my credit 12 years ago and they think they have a right to even ask me about this... What idiots.

I don't understand why they cannot take e-checks??? There is a limit on my debt card set by Visa and we couldn't get the payment they wanted to go through. They increased our settlement bc our limit prevented us from paying them. And they couldn't take a check over the phone... then to overnight them a check is not guaranteed and it’s complicated. Big HUGE pain in the **. The guy that we talked to was nice, but I don't know what to do when our bank only gives us a 30 minute window to pay a large amount like that and they can't take the damn money right away. They suggested to get the bank to take off the limit. We should threaten to leave. I'm not going to do that!!!! If they want their damn money, they should make it easier to pay... like ONLINE!!!!!

Each day mostly between 10:00 a.m. & 11:00 a.m. EDT, I receive a call from this company. I've tried blocking them via my telephone company and they still get through. I have no reason for them to call me and I am on the FTC Do Not Call list.

Keep getting Robo calls from these people from 830 AM up to 6 PM most days. We have no Delinquent obligations and perfect credit. Tried to call the number and only get a busy signal. Want it to stop, but can't seem to get them to.

Allied Interstate Company Profile