Find a Debt Collection Agencies partner

Take a Financial Relief Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

Allied Interstate Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Allied Interstate?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Allied Interstate?

Original review: Oct. 9, 2013

Each day mostly between 10:00 a.m. & 11:00 a.m. EDT, I receive a call from this company. I've tried blocking them via my telephone company and they still get through. I have no reason for them to call me and I am on the FTC Do Not Call list.

Original review: July 26, 2013

Keep getting Robo calls from these people from 830 AM up to 6 PM most days. We have no Delinquent obligations and perfect credit. Tried to call the number and only get a busy signal. Want it to stop, but can't seem to get them to.

Original review: July 22, 2013

They called at 8:17 AM. I answered and they hung up on me without saying a word. I called them back. I demanded to know who they were and what they wanted. They asked for my husband I told them, "I am his wife," and reiterated my demand to know what they wanted. They wanted me to confirm our address, I responded with, "Talk to our lawyer and do not call here again." We had gone through bankruptcy early last month. Their calls stopped shortly following the court date, and now have started up again. Do the laws no longer apply to these bill collectors? Will they be satisfied when they have put my husband or me in the ground?

Original review: July 12, 2013

They call random numbers at a federal government agency asking for "employment verification." It's elusive and unprofessional sounding. It turns out they're a collection agency. We asked them not to call again.

Original review: June 27, 2013

Every day, at precisely 8:30 am, I get a robocall from Allied Interstate LLC regarding a delinquent bill. I have no delinquent bills. They leave a number that cuts off before the last digit. I looked them up online and found a site where I could leave them a message that I am the wrong person and to stop calling. So far, it hasn't worked.

Original review: June 15, 2013

I don't know how Allied Interstate LLC got my phone number. They have called me asking for somebody else. I told them I don't know who that person is, but they kept calling.

Original review: June 2, 2013

This company sent my elderly parents a letter indicating that they had outstanding debt which they were asked to collect on. They offered them a "deal" to reduce the alleged amount owed by 50% if they paid within 30 days. They had no idea what this was for but were afraid not to pay it, so they sent a check for $237.78 which was the reduced amount requested. I monitor their bank accounts and noticed this check had cleared and when I investigated, I found out that this is a scam! Why is this company still allowed to continue these fraudulent business practices, when there have been so many complaints filed against them? When is the FTC or Consumer Affairs going to do something about this???? My parents are elderly and live on a low fixed income. They cannot afford to be victims of these scams. What can I do to help them recover this money, if anything and if nothing else at least try to stop these companies from continuing to do business?

Original review: Feb. 6, 2013

We receive calls from this company from 4 to 5 times a day, even on weekends. They don't leave a message, but just constantly call. I've complained to the FTC about them along with Asset Acceptance. There should be limit to how many times you can call a residence. People have the right to not answer their phone when you call. That's why they have caller ID. I'm considering sending both companies a registered letter informing them not to call our residence any more.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2013

I get constant calls from AIC (Allied Interstate Inc.). They never leave messages and when you do answer, there is a long moment of silence before the line gets disconnected. If these calls are for a legitimate collection, then they need to either leave a message or respond when people answer. I know at one time I dealt with them in regards to money; I once owed Capital One for a credit card I once had. However, that bill was settled with Capital One close to a year ago and the account was closed. So I have no idea why they would call me now.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2013

I received a letter today from Allied Interstate, a debt collection company, stating that I owe Providian $9658.55. I have never had an account with Providian ... I've never heard of them. They stated that they will get a judgement in court in Warrenton, VA against me if I don't pay.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2012

My wife, 89 year old mother-in-law and I have an 800 credit rating but we are getting harassing calls twice a day for months. Allied Interstate have no objectives, no motives and no conscience. They must be stopped because they are hurtful to the general public. Please help. Their phone number is 1-877-482-4859. Their email is allied-interstate.com

Original review: Jan. 27, 2012

They keep calling at all hours, for a person that is not at this number. I keep responding with their option 4, which states that it's not the number for the person they are looking for, and yet they keep calling!

Original review: Jan. 25, 2012

I have sent a letter in behalf of my mother, Barbara P, requesting they stop calling the house and forward me a detailed copy of the amount owed. They flatly refuse. They call every hour, every day, starting at 8 am in the morning. I will not provide any personal information over the phone.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2011

My name is Amanuel ***. I have a wife and a three year old son. A year ago, my wife changed jobs and our insurance lapsed. Our son got sick during that time and we took him to his children doctor at Saint Rose Hospital. A month later, we try to take him back for a well check and billing tells us we owe $750 for his last visit. When we tried to plan a payment, they told us we have to deal with a collection agency. I went to the collection agency like they told me. When I got there, they told me there was other collection under my wife and the total was $1200. I need it to get my son checked so I agreed to a payment for the $1200. The agreement was to pay $200 upfront and $75 every two weeks till. I paid the $200 and two weeks later I paid $75.

Here is where the problem starts. When I called to pay my second week payment of $75, they said I was a day late and I have to pay $400 more on top for lawyer fees. So now, my bill went to $1600 and this broke my spirit and depressed me. We do not have that kind of financial stability for them to do that to us. I do admit I got angry and told them to screw off and I wasn't paying them a dime. I felt like they were messing up my finances. They would send letters saying to pay it but I would ignore it.

Now, I didn't know who to turn to. Last month, my wife Diana *** and I got a letter from payroll saying that our wages were going to be garnished for 25% every paycheck. We got paid on Friday the 25th and almost $600 was taken out. I am coming to Consumer Affairs because I don't have any representative on my side. There is no way we will be able to keep our home or pay bills at this rate. If there is anything you can do for us, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time and I hope to hear from you soon.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2011

After so many years of not having any contact, Allied Interstate added $20,000 in fees to my defaulted student loans that I cannot afford. I had no choice but to have the U.S. Dept. of Education take over the contract which is now accrued to $49,000. I am willing to pay off my student loan that was borrowed at $20,000 but I need help in getting the fees that Allied added to the loan taken off or refunded to the U.S. Dept. of Ed.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2011

This company has dogged me for over 10 years, taking $40,000 + for a $7500 student loan. Every year, the interest amount is widely inconsistent. They do not send you a breakdown even after requesting it numerous times. And now, when they say it should be paid off, they can't stop taking out the money because the Dept. of Education is having problems with their software. And they are exceedingly abusive on the phone.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2011

I took out a federal student loan in 2007. The loan then went into default in 2009 because I failed to make any payments. I then decided that I needed to rectify the situation and try to get this debt behind me. I checked the website to find out where my loan was now. I called the company listed and they told me that they are no longer servicing my loan and gave me the phone number of the people who were. This company is Allied Interstate. I contacted them to make payment arrangements.

The full amount I was told that I owed was $1,804.34. I gave them the credit card information they needed to take the full payment from my account and was told that the payment would be processed the next day at 2AM. The next day, there was no payment withdrawn from my account so I called them again to ask why. I spoke with several different representatives and was given several different phone numbers to call, which all gave me just an answering service. Once I finally got to speak with another rep, he told me that he would set up the payment arrangements once again which would be processed the next day, same as before.

The next day came and still no payment taken from the account. So I called them again only to get the same response and the same result. Next day, no payment taken. At this point, I don't know what to do. I'm practically standing here with money in hand, telling them to take it so the balance on my credit for this loan will be $0. Instead, I keep getting the runaround. Meanwhile, according to them, my balance is gathering interest each day.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2011

At 11:55 PM, Allied Interstate called looking for an individual. The rep did not give me a name nor did he repeat the name of the individual he was calling about. The rep also was very rude and stated he did not care what time it was in NY and that he was calling from California and he could call at anytime.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2011

An associate states I owe money for a membership I have never participated in. Once I asked for documentation such as a contract or previous letters sent, I was told that it does not exist but he will write me a letter stating that it is my debt which will confirm. This seems fraudulent. He began raising his voice and hung up on me. When I called the number back, it goes to a private voicemail.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2011

I have been paying a student loan through them. I told them my loan is for $3,000 and they said no, it’s $7,000. I have argued with them on many occasions.

So this morning my mother, aunt ,uncles, ex-boyfriend, his parents, my landlord and his parents landlord get phone calls from Allied looking for me and telling them they are trying to collect a debt from me. They told them how much and my other information.

I called the company at this time and the man tells me oh well those are contacts we have for you. I said that's impossible when I just moved into this house and my ex-boyfriend’s parents are on land contract with their family friend. They know my name but don't know me on an everyday basis.

The guy told me, “You gave me these numbers.” I said no, I didn't, so he said I'm going to call Sallie Mae and tell them you won't pay. I called Sallie Mae myself and they said, “Ma’am, you only owe $2,300.” So why is Allied trying to get $7,000 from me?

Please someone help out. My mom has so many voicemails from them, along with everyone else. Is that legal to harass other people?

Original review: Aug. 18, 2011

I'm being called several days a week by this company, sometimes being called six or seven times a day. They keep telling me that they are trying to help me. But how can they help me if the account is not under my name? My name is Tatiana **, not Tatiua **, or however you spell it.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2011

I signed up about 6 months ago to satisfy my student loan and get it out of default. I signed an agreement that I would make 6 payments and afterwards my loan would go into good standing somehow. On my 5th payment, there was a problem. I was told by an Amy ** I could pay it at a later date. The date came and I was dropped out of the program and was told I had to start over.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2010

They are a collection agency collecting for J.C. Penney. They keep asking for a Nidia somebody. We confirm # they're trying to reach, let them know no Nidia here, we've had this number since 1999, take us off their list and stop calling. They don't care. Since December 8th, they've been calling our house several times a day, even weekends.

They refused to say who they are until I started screaming at them saying you have been harassing us day after day and you don't need to tell us who they are. Then the girl said Allied Interstate. I asked for the supervisor. She said supervisor was busy. So I screamed at her some more. Then she got the supervisor. I screamed at him some more after he told me he would take our number off the list. I said that's what you keep saying, then you just call back again. He said give us 24 hours, and you'll be off the list. That was December 12th. They just called again 15 minutes ago. They refuse to stop harassing us.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2010

I receive a letter from allied interstate debt collector stating I own money to Lowe's consumer. I told them I paid the Lowe’s account on 12/2009, with Mann ** LLp dept collection, I was told to fax over the letter stating it was paid which I did. This man Vishal and staff are still call my home.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2010

They are rude argumentative, unyielding. I have been having a debt counselor, paying off my debt. But they keep putting up road blocks, claiming it has to come from me directly in full within 30 days even though I'm on a fixed income. So how can I afford $824.52 when I receive one check a month? Also, they call all the time demanding money. Even on weekends and after hours not caring whether the person has it or not, demanding you borrow the money or post dated check in full, even if the person is broke and can't afford it. They must be hiding something, because over half their website info. is blacked out, so they must have some pretty huge skeleton. They want to remain secret.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2010

Allied Interstate Incorporated is a division of Capital One Services LLC. I had been dealing with Capital One for a very long time with a debt that I have in with them in the amount of $384.67. They were not willing to work with me. The account was sent to Allied and I received a letter dated July 26, 2010 that stated that they were now the ones who would be responsible for my debt. About a week ago I received a phone call from them wanting to make a settlement for less money. I asked the person on the phone if she would call back as I am unemployed and was unable to make any kind of arrangements financially. She said she would call back. She never did.

In the mean time, I received a letter from Allied dated August 11, 2010 stating that I made a settlement. It stated that I agreed to pay $100 on August 20, 2010 and $150.00 a month later. I did not agree with this because I never made this settlement. I called Allied and spoke to many different customer service representatives who all told me the same old thing. My account was going to be charged off if I did not make a payment. I stated I did not have the money. They left me no alternative and said I had to pay something. I asked to speak with a supervisor and someone named Rob came to the phone. He stated that my settlement was pending. That is not what the letter says.

He asked if I wanted to cancel the settlement and I would not answer him because it meant that I was agreeing to the fact that I originally made it in the first place. I told them to charge off my account because they left me with no other choice. I do not appreciate such business and do not even believe they truly exist. I do not have the money and I think that it is fraud as to what they are doing.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2010

I recieved a call at my mother's house that I owed on a credit card that I had gotten at Best Buy. I have received numerous calls saying that I owe them $212.00 on this credit card. I have informed them that the card was made active in Feb 2009 and on Oct 19th 2009, the card was paid and on the Oct 23rd, the account was closed.

I have sent them paperwork to show that this was paid off in full. They keep interrupting me and telling me that I owe it and that they will send it to collections. I have faxed them all of the information to prove that the account was paid off, and they are still harassing me and my family on making a payment. By the way they have tried to make a settlement with me on the amount it has gone from $212.00 to $150.00, now it is down to $106.12.

I have explained to them, "I have sent you paperwork that has proved that I have made payments and that it was paid in full. Why would I want to give you anymore money?". I am at the end of my rope with them and don't know what to do anymore.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2010

I recently filed a complaint against G.E. Money/Credit Care for adding late fees against me when it was their websites fault I couldn’t make my payment. I offered to pay if the late fees came off and they refused just another scam to charge late fees internet payment tab not working. They sent my account to a debt collection agency called Allied Interstate. I called them and explained the situation. I told them I will pay the bill if the late fees were taken off.

I agreed to send them a check and they said that wasn’t acceptable that I had to give them my checking account information over the phone that was their policy she said to show them I was making my payment. I asked what the difference was and said that once they had my check that was proof I made my payment. Which again that wasn’t acceptable she said. I told her I would not give them that information as I had someone take all the money out of my account when I did that before, Again I said I will send them a check so we can rectify the situation and they refused again saying it has to be over the phone. This is hurting my credit score badly and the way their doing this is very wrong. I really need an Attorney to call me and help me with this situation. If anyone is filing or filed a lawsuit please let me know as I would gladly join the suit. Thank you.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2010

This company called my home on an average of 10-15 times a day Monday-Sunday, never leaving a message. When I have picked up the phone, I let them know, to stop calling, that this is a form of harassment and they are in violation of the fair credit act and the rep hangs up.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2010

This company has been calling my in-laws trying to track me down for what they claimed was an unpaid credit card debt. I know I don't have any unpaid debts, so we checked my credit reports to make sure no one had taken out a credit card in my name. Nothing on any of the three major agencies. So we then called the company to talk to them. They made the claim again and were very rude and intimidating even after we told them they were mistaken.

They then offered to "settle" the debt with us for less than the amount owed, or they would take legal action. We told them we were confident in our situation and to do what they had to do. We suspected that this might be a scam, so I did some checking and found they have quite a history for this kind of stuff. I just wanted to add my experience to the list. Maybe if enough people report them, something will be done.

Allied Interstate Company Information