Find a Debt Collection Agencies partner

Take a Financial Relief Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

Allied Interstate Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Allied Interstate?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Allied Interstate?

Original review: Dec. 20, 2016

This company is highly misinformed and very rude and aggressive. The calls are harassing and derogatory. The representatives lie and did not keep their end of the agreement. I was laid off from my job... fell behind on payments. Started working a new job and was working to get finances back in order. I was offered a settlement that was soon to expire... I called to accept the settlement. I was informed that if I accepted the settlement that account would be closed. In order to save account from being closed, I accepted a payment arrangement that was automatically withdrawn from my checking account. I was re-assured by the Allied rep that the account would remain open and that the account would be brought to a current status. Falsely informing me... I learned that the account was already closed prior to this arrangement. Now that I have learned account was closed, I also learned that it is no longer behind due to recent payments.

I am upset that I have been misinformed on the status of the account by Allied... I called Synchrony Bank and they refuse to acknowledge the settlement offer since the account is now in a good payment status. Had I known that the account was already closed... I would have just accepted the settlement offer. Now I owe the entire balance of the account because it's in good standing, and the account is closed. This company has misinformed reps that seriously need to get the facts straight before they even call the account holders. They lied. I kept my end of the agreement and they failed to keep theirs... Now they do not hold any responsibility to the account since it's in good standing.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2016

I am looking into setting up a class action lawsuit against Allied Interstate for predatory practices. I have been trying to work with them on my student loan but I find the fees they are charging me outweigh the benefit. I will admit that I was lax in paying on my student loans and they went into default. My advanced degree did not really help me financially in my job. Ultimately I was garnished for 15% of my gross income. I have been paying around $900 a month out of my pay for the last 2 years totaling just shy of $20,000. With the fees they are charging me over 2 years my overinflated $80,000 debt was only reduced by around $1500.

I lost my apartment and was billed over $10,000 to get out of my lease. My credit cards are maxed. My credit rating is in the toilet. I have pawned my jewelry. I am 2 payments behind in my car and I am about to lose it. Currently I am renting from a family member but he is talking about selling and moving somewhere warm. I definitely have more going out than coming in and soon could be living on the street. I am attributing all this sorrow to the garnishment and lack of support from Allied Interstate. I had to give them one star. If I could have selected none I would.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2016

I'm a disabled Desert Storm Veteran and this Company has been calling daily, demanding personal information without stating the nature of their business and when I insist on what it is in reference to, they ignore or talk over me in a rude and aggressive way. I've read similar complaints about this company and feel that they should be put out of commission or penalized with whatever laws, policies to prevent this type of practice. I'm 63 yrs old, and I believe that they are targeting seniors and people who are incapable to defend themselves.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2016

I went to one of those for-profit online colleges which I should have never done. They promise you the world, but they're essentially liars. Well, due to that whole experience, my loans are in default. Allied Interstate harass me nonstop. They have phoned my boyfriend whom I didn't even know when I go the loan. They've told me to borrow from him or friends to pay it back, they've questioned how much money he makes because I have no income. I help him out with his business but he doesn't pay me, how my cell phone bill gets paid, etc.. None of these things are their business.

Due to their reputation, I told them that I would not be paying anything to them because I did not feel comfortable giving them banking information especially since the banking information is not mine. I was lied to and told they would garnish my boyfriend's income tax return and his business tax return. Neither of which are in my name. Even though I told them numerous times that I have no income and that they will see this when I file my taxes, they are now sending paperwork to garnish wages I don't have. Every time I tried to talk to these people, they would talk over top of me and not let me finish what I was saying.

I reached out to the Ombudsman's office because they have been causing such stress in my home life, I can't really take it anymore. He told me to have them communicate with me through email only. Which they will not do. I told the ombudsman's office that I will make payment arrangements but not through Allied Interstate. My boyfriend will help me pay, but not through this company because he has also looked them up and is not confident that they will honor the arrangement. I am so stressed, I honestly don't know what to do. I can't breathe, my head hurts, I'm so upset and nervous all because these people have decided to bother everyone I know.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2016

I had no idea that Navient sold my loan to Allied Interstate. I never got a letter. I called Sallie Mae - told me to call Navient. Called Navient - told me to call dept of ed which they told me they had no idea. 3 months later I called dept of Ed and demanded where my loan went and finally told me they put my loan to Allied a collection agency. I called them and I asked for a bill and the monthly amount I could pay to get it out of default. They said ok. A week later they send me a bill with no monthly bill - just the whole amount.

I call back and ask them the same thing, this time I said if I can send a payment of $50 money order a month, but they tried to pressure me to give them my bank account, which I refused. Then they started to ask if I was on unemployment. Since the first time I called them, they harassed me day to 7 pm nonstop calls from different numbers. They're pissing me off with the nonstop calling and different numbers each time! Trying to do the program is a pain in the **. I ask them to send me the form by mail, they insisted on email and fax it back, which I said fine, they never sent one. I call one month later and again the program, I ask for the form to be sent by mail, same damn thing.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2016

I fell behind on my care credit account. They asked me if I could send 15 dollars and I did it in a money order. Well they called me this morning and I told them that I was not to set up a checking account just to set up payment arrangements. And I was not going to issue my savings account number. I've always made payments with money orders. It was not a problem in the past as I fell through hard times. I will not be conned into getting an account nor giving them my savings number. I need to pay off 461 dollars and they have yet to set something up so I'll send them what I can. They even gave my husband the runaround. If they was a good collection agency they should be able to schedule payments. I pay my bills and I will continue to do so. I need to know how to handle them. They seem to be very pushy and I don't appreciate it at all. Thank you.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2016

I've heard multiple stories about these guys. Every time I look up a number that Allied Interstate uses to call, there's a plethora of people complaining that they've been scammed. It appears these people are based in India and receive your number in multiple ways. A common theme I found is that if you've ever ordered anything from any of those online pharmacies based in India (like "US Pharmacy"), they handover (or sell) your phone number to these Indian scammers. Whenever I pick up the call (accidentally, of course), they are unable to explain anything to me. All they can do is rudely tell me I have debt somewhere, somehow, which is completely inaccurate. If I press them further to tell me more about this debt they become belligerent. One guy on the phone even yelled and swore at me before slamming the phone shut. What a pathetic excuse of a company.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2015

This 3rd party collection agency was hired to collect a debt for Fingerhut. They contacted my mother in law numerous times and left messages. After contacting them directly to set up payments and inquire why they would call my mother in law, I was advised that they will call anyone that I am associated with. I was also threatened, screamed at and hung up on. I called back asking for a supervisor who again screamed at me and advised me that she had blocked my number and to NEVER call again and to deal with the client directly. I have made payments on this account and I am still receiving the calls from them stating they have never received my payments.

My last call from them was today which the representative advised me again that the payments were not received and that it wasn't her problem. This call also ended in a threat. My hands are tied. I have made payments and still owe a balance and no one is willing to help. I need to state that I never once stated I would not pay. The calls continue to my mother in law and me. The $300.00 I have paid is lost in space.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2015

They have written me twice saying they are collecting for an overdue account on eBay. I pay for things as I buy them through Paypal. The username on the account does not match mine. The home address is incorrect. The site is in French. I called eBay and they have no record of the charges. Total scam. If they bug me again, I'll report them to the FBI (http://ic3.gov).

Original review: July 21, 2015

Allied Interstate presents themselves as nice people who want to help you resolve your debt. That's because they get money for resolving your debt. The people you will speak to are uneducated, don't do their jobs well, and are paid too much. I spoke to someone, a manager, who spoke like a teenage hooligan. There was a dispute over my account. I was lead to believe my account was in good standing. Little did I know, my account was no longer in good standing. When I discussed negotiations with someone on how to get my account on the right path, they made it seem like it was okay that my account payments were stopped (it's usually a 6-month payment plan).

This person didn't have the courtesy to tell me that my special account program I was in, for a reduced interest rate, was in jeopardy. How convenient for Allied to kick me out of a program where I would be paying less interest, which meant less money for them. They then forced me back into a program with a higher interest rate for 6 months. Once again, more money for them. They do not communicate well and they automatically think you're the stupid customer, because they all look down on the customers because we're "the people who didn't pay our bills" so we must automatically be low lives, right? Wrong. Allied Interstate needs to get their act together.

Allied Interstate Company Information