3.8/5 (657 ratings)
Find an Online Dating Sites partner
Banner image

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

About Zoosk

Banner image

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

Zoosk Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zoosk?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zoosk?

Original review: April 8, 2022

I joined for six months; I was active almost every day. Every day I had to block scammers and fake profiles. A waste of money and time. Please don't waste your money and time. Lots of fake photos, men (maybe women behind) telling stories of family and children with lots of pf struggles trying to get money from members. April 2022, California.

Original review: April 7, 2022

Like it has been mentioned in other reviews, there seems to be very few active accounts. I keep getting “A Zoosk member wants to meet you” but I never get a response and I never see them on. It’s like they keep inactive or paused accounts in rotation to keep you subscribing.

Original review: April 6, 2022

Zoosk is either a huge network of fake accounts or the women subscribers are universally rude. You will get many expressions of “like” or “wants to meet” and you will respond but there is never a follow up. You go through profiles and send a nice message and hear NOTHING in response. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME.

Original review: April 2, 2022

I don’t have much to add to the other poor reviews, other than they are correct. I’ve been a member of Zoosk on and off for a few years. I have yet to actually meet someone real in person. I’ve chatted with a few people but the number of fake accounts you have to weed through to talk to a real person is ridiculous. Nothing but fake account after fake account after fake account. I wouldn’t waste your time or money because clearly they are doing nothing to minimize the fake accounts for paying customers.

Original review: March 31, 2022

Daily they will send you 3-4 fakes messages from women who don't exist that say they like you, of course they are all very attractive and they never answer any email. After a while you can tell the fake messages generated by Zoosk, they are very generic, don't make sense like for example the woman's height will be 9' 10", very light on details etc. I have emailed them and told me it's not necessary to stop sending me fake messages to no avail. I think it's automated designed to make people feel they are having more success than they really are. The sad part is the site doesn't need to do this, I have had good dates from real women there, the fake stuff just wastes my time and insults my intelligence.

Original review: March 28, 2022

Good luck finding a real person there. There are too many scammers there asking for personal information, money, etc, people who are not in the city their profile says they live in for some mysterious reasons and have no interest of meeting in person, but an online relationship!!! Total waste of money and time.

Original review: March 27, 2022

I've had the same experience as others. I've been on the dating site, of and on, for years, when I lived in Texas I did meet a couple of actual ladies but since having moved to Florida I have come to the conclusion that most others have is that this site is mostly fake profiles. I've sent out dozens of messages in the last couple of months with only one return message. You'd think that giving women a compliment such as "pretty smile" or "beautiful eyes" would elicit at the very least a thank you but nothing. I'm done with this site. I should also say that I'm in great condition, go to gym often, I make my own money, own a house and car, I'm reasonably attractive (have dated and been married to women who turn heads when they walk by), so it's not me. The only reason I'm on dating sites is I'm a shy person so it's hard to meet people.

Original review: March 26, 2022

As you see in other reviews. It is heavily manipulated by Zoosk staff. Even after you pay subscription you will get emails from Zoosk (not members-but Zoosk the company) that someone wants to meet you or is interested. If that is the case why wouldn't they just message you direct? Most times that person or link does not exist. It is mostly a scam, likely due to many not paying the sign up fee, therefore being blocked. When you inquire to the Zoosk customer care link, several hours later they always give same excuse- that person's profile must have dropped off-however they can approve your profile updates and pics often in less than 5 minutes--IT IS MOSTLY A SCAM. Consumer Protection agencies should look into the fraud.

Original review: March 20, 2022

I am new to online dating. I signed up with and paid for the Zoosk service for 6 months. In my first month, I received dozens of members allegedly wanting to meet me. When I replied to these members, nearly all did not respond, and of those that responded (about 4) two of them were of profiles with pictures of beautiful women with little information about themselves. They each asked that I quickly send them photos and then for a few hours I then texted with them, but within about 2 hours it very quickly turned into a scenario where they alleged they dropped and damaged their phone in rushing to get a text from me, and then they demanded money from me to reimburse them for their broken phone, and all along they would not do a video call or phone call with me.

Each of these profiles did this same scam. I gave them nothing and reported this to Zoosk, but Zoosk allowed their profiles to remain on their site. In addition, I noticed that in their profiles they were falsely saying they were located just miles away from me in my state, but when we texted their phone number was a cell phone or VOIP number with a California area code, indicating they were several states away and not merely a few miles from me. In sum, there are numerous fake female profiles on Zoosk, and Zoosk is allowing such because they did not remove the profiles that I notified them were fake and trying to scam legit Zoosk users.

I even offered to provide Zoosk the entire chats and all texts between me and people using such profiles to show they are scammers, and Zoosk did not respond and did not accept such, and allowed their profiles to remain. All in all, Zoosk is NOT a good company because they are knowingly allowing their app to be used by scammers and fraudsters to try to perpetuate scams on others on Zoosk who are legitimate and genuine users. In this regard, Zoosk is knowingly facilitating wire fraud and attempts to commit wire fraud in violation of United States criminal code 18 USC 1343.

Original review: March 19, 2022

Zoosk is a bad deal and I can't believe it is given a favourable 3.5/5. Seriously? Many "profiles" of women aren't even verified and many don't even say "online recently". They are phony profiles. It is a mysterious organization.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2022

My personal Opinion, the Zoosk dating site has near 0 women that are actively looking for men. There are no responses to hellos, and no feature to save a profile. No one will talk back to you! Very fabricated!

Original review: Jan. 18, 2022

Worst run online date site. Confusing and illogical way to view and make decisions. If someone "views" you then you can check their profile, it someone "wants to meet you" you can't see their profile, you have to make a yes/no decision knowing nothing about the person. Stupid and illogical. You will get endless emails that someone wants to meet you and they aren't real. You click on the link to view the person and they won't show up in the search. Expensive with no refund policy. I paid for a month thinking I would have more options for viewing people and making decisions but no. Can't believe it's still in business with such better options elsewhere.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2022

This site is fake as hell. Nobody is real and they will not give you a refund so if you join you will have to cancel your card or they will continue to bill you forever!. This company should be shut down for being a total scam.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2021

50 some chats I tried.. No response. Lots of fake responses.. Horrible experience! Would not refer to anyone! They show a lot of local people. 98% of my experience would not reply. This should catch up this company soon.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2021

I joined Zoosk for the same reason most people do. To maybe find a companion, boyfriend. There were so many good looking men, of which most were no longer on the site and their profiles were still there. I know this to be true because I deleted my profile 9 months ago and am still getting hit in 2-3 times a week. I have taken my profile down numerous times. But I guess it still shows me as being available! This bothers my husband to no end!! It is false advertising and just pure lying. Btw: I did not meet my husband online.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2021

Nothing but fake profiles mixed with scammers- they try putting people together by showing profiles to you and others indicating they’re interested and they are not. It’s really shameful. Go elsewhere.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2021

I think this site is fake. They won't let you message people unless you pay and then nobody ever messages back. I consider myself an average looking male for my age and most of the women I've seen are only average too. I find it hard to believe that nobody will communicate at all, even if only to say they're not interested.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2021

The Zoosk site collected money even though I had stated I did not want to continue. To me this is a scam site, making me sorry I ever logged on. I have been trying to change my profile only to be told that it is not accepted by them even though the only item placed was "I QUIT".

Original review: Oct. 14, 2021

I've tried the site now for about 2 months, and the overwhelming impression of the site is: FAKE. A rather large percentage of any 'profiles' I found were quickly realized as being 'fake'. A single picture, no bio, no information, some filler "interests". These 'people' would send you a flirt or 'like', but when you attempt to engage them in conversation, they NEVER!! respond. I fully believe that these are all generated by the company itself - an outsider would be trying to scam you, and thus at least SOME would engage you in conversation so that they could try to get money. There seems no point at all to these, other than to pad their numbers and make it appear as if they have many attractive people who are interested in you.

That is not to say that all accounts are fake. There are obviously many real people, and you just as obviously have to sort through hundreds of players and people not interested in actual relationships to get to the very rare gems. It's just a shame that you have to filter through many more fake profiles, as well. Dating is hard enough without companies like this preying upon your emotions to generate massive profits.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2021

Hello, I signed up for 6 months and on a daily basis. This site palms me off! to Women that are too far from my location, When, I want to travel less than 5 km from home and getting Phantom requests to meet when I haven't been online. And they throw in a bargain to spend on coins etc to try your luck/chances to spend and get a few extra. Eg, buy this and throw in an extra 10-15% for your chance to meet and hook up??

Original review: Oct. 6, 2021

This site seems to use a lot of fake accounts (bots) they set up themselves. Secondly, they will not follow your search criteria, they could not care less about what is important to you, they feel they know what you want better than you do. Third, no matter how many people you block, this company will still send them to you and say they are perfect matches for you. Fourth, they want you to spend more money to "get noticed." Isn't that what I paid the subscription cost for? So that tells me that this sinister company will purposely do things to block your chances of meeting someone until you spend more money on crap like "boosters" to get noticed even more. All dating sites do this even Match and Christian Single. You are better finding someone special on your own.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2021

SCAM SITE! Always want more money and do not provide service. Trying to contact customer service, so far no luck. Been on hold for 45 minutes. Cancel subscription now. This company is a SCAM! SCAM! FAKE SITE!

Original review: Sept. 25, 2021

They will auto renew and charge your credit card unless you specifically cancel. So I only used the site for a few months and then paused the account as I never met anybody. It is a dumb site!!! Not many ways to narrow the people down. I think it is a waste of money!! Plus they charged my card again with autorenewal which I never authorized!!! Use another site!!!

Original review: Sept. 21, 2021

The absolute worst dating site ever. 90+% is all fake profiles. Most women don't even put full profiles... Most women that I send likes and comment, I got responses to chat elsewhere. I've complained to Zoosk and they said they have a security team that reviews and verifies if they are real...every profile pictures should be verified.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2021

Ok, so after signing up and reviewing some profiles I went ahead and signed up, I kept browsing and sent some messages. Never got any responses so I went to check to see if they were ever sent. They were not sent, so I sent customer service a notice and they offered to reimburse me half of what I paid while offering to correct the issue and I will have full service to the end of my current subscription. Well 4 days later they cancelled my subscription, a full nine days before the end of my current paid subscription. So in the end I paid a full months of 28$ for about 7 days of full service or I mean ** service.. Save your money and say hi the old fashioned way to people. Zoosk is a scam and a waste of time..

Original review: Sept. 14, 2021

The absolute worst dating site ever. 99% is all fake profiles. Most women don't even put full profiles..meaning, they're not paying. So, I'm not sure what their limitations are to use the app. Most women that I send likes and comment, I get odd responses like almost automatic responses asking to chat elsewhere if I give my info to them. I've complained to Zoosk and they said they have a security team that reviews and verifies if they are real...I wonder how they are doing that...NOT! Zoosk is here to just take your money...Don't do it! I wish I can sue the ** out of them!

Original review: Sept. 3, 2021

You can't take Zoosk seriously, think of it as $150 spent at the casino, yea might win, yea might not, and the odds always favor the house. There is no way to view any favorite profiles. The search engine is limited to a few choices. There is no way to organize or save, or search for favorite profiles making it a huge waste of time, because you can't find that 1 profile from yesterday. A 1st year college student could do better! The goofy games and promotions are useless just more ways to get you to buy their products. A few help items, other than that nobody is home when it comes to support. As mentioned think of it as $150 spent, at a casino, Not recommended at all.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2021

To increase their click-thru stats, Zoosk will send you an email notice saying you have received a message, when, in fact, you have not. I will get 3 or more of these emails per day. These fake messages are designed for the sole purpose of increasing their visitor count. Moreover, if you need to find out about a particular function, you will need to google for the answer because you will not find answers on this site. Rates one star at best.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2021

I'm glad I only signed up for one month. Big waste of money and got nothing out of it. Zoosk actually messes with your account and sends fake profiles to you. These fake profiles always show up in the morning because they do their dirty work late at night. They will send you profiles where the person looks great. So you answer them by sending them a return message. But they never reply and in one or two days their profile is gone. Even if you do a full search, that person does not exist at all. Zoosk is a fraud dating site. And their software is the worst ever. You can't move on this site w/out being seen. Can't do anything in private. People don't reply to messages (I'm a good looking guy). This site is based only on looks. Absolutely no science for matching. Stay away from this waste of money and time.----DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY !----FRAUD COMPANY--REALLY IS--THE TRUTH!

Original review: Aug. 4, 2021

I want my money back. 29.95. Robert **. Most ladies are scams. I'm a decent looking guy. I thought maybe you could change but you obviously have not changed. Had one or two days ago. I want my money back. Or else.

Zoosk Company Information