3.9/5 (1079 ratings)
Find an Online Dating Sites partner
Banner image

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

About Zoosk

Banner image

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

Zoosk Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zoosk?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zoosk?

Original review: July 22, 2022

I was scammed into paying for this app six month membership. After paying for the app it asks you to buy coins in order to continue to communicate with people. I feel like it is a scam and I am very uncomfortable with it. It is also not easy to use and for the money you pay for the app, the features are not great.

Original review: July 14, 2022

This site is not worth your money. You pay a subscription fee, but that is only the start of your expenses if you want to use any of its features. Someone writes a message to you, you have to upgrade your account to see it. Someone “likes you“, and you have to pay more to see who it is. You find someone you like and you want to send them a message, and you can’t do it without paying an additional fee. You inadvertently “swiped left“, and want to go back. Pay an additional fee to do it. And it’s not just the never ending fees.

The site is very poorly designed. Using their so-called carousel feature, you cycle through endless photos rejecting 99% of them, and the same rejected photos come up every time you use that feature. You engage in a conversation with a member, and then suddenly your ability to do so ceases for inexplicable reasons. Although my stated preference was for women, occasionally guys signal their interest in me. There is simply nothing good I can say about this site. Your subscription fee will be a complete waste of money.

Original review: June 29, 2022

Warning guys!! All the good reviews you see on this site are fake!! They are put up by the people who work at Zoosk!! The pictures on zoosk are not real!! Zoosk employees put up fake pictures and pretend to be the person in the picture!! But really you're talking to a zoosk employees!! They have even gone so far as creating valid Australian numbers so that when you say, "Give me your number. Prove you're real," then you will text them they will respond and then boom they remove the profile that you were just messaging to on zoosk, it disappears then they will stop texting your number or they will do this other strange tactic to make you stop texting them, they will start acting really off. Really rude like they're trying put you off....

I was on zoosk for 6 months and I recognized this pattern that I've just explained... You see, scammers fakes always follow a pattern after a while you can notice it.. What I just explained happened at least 7 times in a row, they give your number then text it - get a response - then the zoosk profile you were messaging disappears, then you will be ignored through texts, or they will be really rude or just ignore you.. The profiles you're messaging are zoosk employees and the numbers they give you are zoosk employee numbers.

Original review: June 14, 2022

Three times I paid money for a Zoosk subscription. Once in March 2021, in November 2021, and April 2022. All in all, I connected & met ONE lady, 65 miles from my home in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. As of June 2022, I am repeatedly contacting Zoosk support to get details for the way I can, again, cancel my subscription, and have the remaining money I paid, refunded. I have emailed Zoosk support 7 times over 1 month. No response so far.

My experiences... Zoosk is all about 'viewing' profiles. You view women, they view you. It's a circular dance that just doesn't stop. If I view Brenda, she gets a notice that I viewed her. It's likely she will then view me. I'll get a notice that she viewed my profile. Because the 'Search' aspect of Zoosk essentially views profiles and notifies the profile owner, this gives rise to the same circular viewing cycle. I have given up viewing anybody. Currently there are 35 views pending for me to look at. I won't. Because it just feeds the spiral.

'Carousel' is similar to 'Searching'. But it is not (to my awareness) constrained by my selected 'Search' parameters. Thus, if I have set up a limit of 50 miles 'Search' area, when I participate in the 'Carousel' feature, it is certain I will be offered women much further than 50 miles away. They get a view and a notice, then they (likely) view me. I get a notice via email. The cycle begins again.

'Carousel' presents (added to the person's photo) the age of the woman, but not the LOCATION. This is highly frustrating. A woman may be ideal in age-range and physical appearance, but she may live 315 miles away. The only way to discover the distance, is to tag the 'Carousel' person-of-the-moment as "Maybe I want to meet" or "Yes, I want to meet", which makes it a 'View', and the person gets an email notice. The perpetual viewing cycle begins.

'Connections' is a sort of holding area for profiles I might send a 'Like' or message to. Sort of a bookmark mechanism. It is also a bit quicker way to access the messaging aspect of Zoosk. If nothing comes of a connection, it can be deleted. The instant messaging/chat aspect of Zoosk is marginally responsive. Far better in my opinion is, one example, Facebook messenger.

When one views profile pictures - especially using the 'View' or 'Carousel' aspect of Zoosk, the age of the person is shown in WHITE letters in the lower-left corner of the picture. Often - depending what the individual is wearing in the picture - it can be near-impossible to see the "Age: 55" text in the lower-left corner. The various Zoosk subscription plans are consistent with other "meet people/dating" website. When a subscriber is notified by email of a 'View' or other trigger, there is advertising embedded in the email.

Occasionally, and not seldom, Zoosk will send an email saying "We've selected 10 ladies you might want to meet". This is a bald-face temptation to sign-in, and start viewing prospects. Once that's done, the viewing cycle starts up. I've seen a considerable number of profiles that are very likely 'dead' or abandoned. Because Zoosk gives NO INDICATION when a profile user was last signed-in to the system, there's no way of knowing how stale a profile might be.

Obviously, your mileage may vary from what I describe. My overall assessment of Zoosk is, it is barely worth the investment. Because its subscription plans are more economical than big-name similar services, it's easy to be enticed to subscribe, to save money. I strongly suggest people who live in smaller towns, more rural locations, the odds are stacked heavily against you. Statistically, not many singles in or near your rural location will have subscribed.

Original review: May 31, 2022

I signed on. Just this weekend I received 10 notices that someone liked me and wanted to meet me. When I text these women, not one of them knew what I was talking about. They also seem to find matches far far away. They must have stock in the petroleum industry. Also if you scroll down they send the person that you scrolled past. Telling them that you viewed their profile. I have 6 matches on my page. I have no clue how they got there, and neither do they. So if you're good at apologizing for taking up someone's valuable time, this is the app for you.

Original review: May 27, 2022

I bought a $30 one month subscription and was charged $30 and was also charged $99. I attempted to call customer service, but the wait time is so long that I couldn't get through. Terrible site, terrible customer service. Use another dating site, it is not worth the problem.

Original review: May 17, 2022

Zoosk got $70.00 of my money, so shame on me. I've been a member for just a few days, but quickly realized that the whole thing was a scam. I've had a barrage of emails telling me that women want to meet me (based on a picture). I've only found one actual profile; otherwise, it's just a photo. I received one email telling me that a member had written to me, only to discover that it was only Zoosk telling me they thought the lady and I would be a good match.

I notified Zoosk that I wanted to cancel my six-month subscription, only to learn that my profile would remain active for the entire six months, after which it would still be visible (probably forever), but I would no longer be able to respond to any women. Once you're on this site, you're on it forever, like it or not. I expect most, if not all, of the women on this site are fake or ladies who made the same mistake I did and are permanently on the site. Most dating sites are mere shadows of their former selves, but Zoosk is in a class by itself. The worst of the worst of the worst. 100% a scam.

Original review: May 17, 2022

Don't waste your money. This dating site is a scam. They are full of fake profiles. Many people say they want to meet you but, never reply back. Just when you find someone who is real they delete the message and their profile. Lots of fake profiles.

Original review: May 14, 2022

Quick review of Zoosk by someone who is a current user. The bottom line is that the website is trash. It is full of fake profiles, with scammers asking you for your phone number, Google hangouts info, email, etc. All this of course in broken/poor English, from an alleged English speaking user with a college degree. So, save your money and look elsewhere.

Original review: April 19, 2022

I got scammed out of money for this joke of a dating site by purchasing a paid account. They should not be allowed to charge anything. I have like the same 15 people looking at my profile over and over. A few of them sent a like and a heart and then when I message them I never get an answer but they repeatedly look at my profile until I block them and then it just gets replaced with a new profile of someone else. If anyone knows how to get a refund please let me know so I can get one. Thank you.

Original review: April 13, 2022

I feel like I'm the only chump who paid $30 to sign up for a month. Oh the same guys look at my profile every 6 hours but I'm expected to send them a message? Why? Because they have a free membership and I paid? ** that. And the guys I removed kept showing up until I blocked them. No matter how many times I stated my preference I still kept getting matched with people of other races. And their profile stated what their race was. What a scam. Never again.

Original review: April 12, 2022

If you scroll through 'Who's viewed you' it sends notifications telling them you viewed them even if you didn't click to view their profile. They think you did, then get interested, when all you did was scroll past them. Causes a lot of confusion & misunderstanding. You never know if someone really looked at you, so don't really know who is truly interested in you. It costs you extra money to turn off that feature. Carousel is a joke. You must accept just based on their picture. 'Maybe' registers as 'Yes" Everything costs extra money.

6 months on the site with very few possible matches. Lots of people that have not been on the site still show up in search. Fake profiles, serial viewers who never engage with you (probably married or something). Just want to look at women. Then when your subscription is about to expire, miraculously there is a ton of interest in you. People come up in search that were never there before. It is all to keep you paying $$. They decline your profile changes for no reason. Disapprove pictures if they aren't 100% clear. If you want frustration, this is the site for you. No real idea who is interested in you & who is not.

Original review: April 8, 2022

I joined for six months; I was active almost every day. Every day I had to block scammers and fake profiles. A waste of money and time. Please don't waste your money and time. Lots of fake photos, men (maybe women behind) telling stories of family and children with lots of pf struggles trying to get money from members. April 2022, California.

Original review: April 7, 2022

Like it has been mentioned in other reviews, there seems to be very few active accounts. I keep getting “A Zoosk member wants to meet you” but I never get a response and I never see them on. It’s like they keep inactive or paused accounts in rotation to keep you subscribing.

Original review: April 6, 2022

Zoosk is either a huge network of fake accounts or the women subscribers are universally rude. You will get many expressions of “like” or “wants to meet” and you will respond but there is never a follow up. You go through profiles and send a nice message and hear NOTHING in response. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME.

Original review: April 2, 2022

I don’t have much to add to the other poor reviews, other than they are correct. I’ve been a member of Zoosk on and off for a few years. I have yet to actually meet someone real in person. I’ve chatted with a few people but the number of fake accounts you have to weed through to talk to a real person is ridiculous. Nothing but fake account after fake account after fake account. I wouldn’t waste your time or money because clearly they are doing nothing to minimize the fake accounts for paying customers.

Original review: March 31, 2022

Daily they will send you 3-4 fakes messages from women who don't exist that say they like you, of course they are all very attractive and they never answer any email. After a while you can tell the fake messages generated by Zoosk, they are very generic, don't make sense like for example the woman's height will be 9' 10", very light on details etc. I have emailed them and told me it's not necessary to stop sending me fake messages to no avail. I think it's automated designed to make people feel they are having more success than they really are. The sad part is the site doesn't need to do this, I have had good dates from real women there, the fake stuff just wastes my time and insults my intelligence.

Original review: March 28, 2022

Good luck finding a real person there. There are too many scammers there asking for personal information, money, etc, people who are not in the city their profile says they live in for some mysterious reasons and have no interest of meeting in person, but an online relationship!!! Total waste of money and time.

Original review: March 27, 2022

I've had the same experience as others. I've been on the dating site, of and on, for years, when I lived in Texas I did meet a couple of actual ladies but since having moved to Florida I have come to the conclusion that most others have is that this site is mostly fake profiles. I've sent out dozens of messages in the last couple of months with only one return message. You'd think that giving women a compliment such as "pretty smile" or "beautiful eyes" would elicit at the very least a thank you but nothing. I'm done with this site. I should also say that I'm in great condition, go to gym often, I make my own money, own a house and car, I'm reasonably attractive (have dated and been married to women who turn heads when they walk by), so it's not me. The only reason I'm on dating sites is I'm a shy person so it's hard to meet people.

Original review: March 26, 2022

As you see in other reviews. It is heavily manipulated by Zoosk staff. Even after you pay subscription you will get emails from Zoosk (not members-but Zoosk the company) that someone wants to meet you or is interested. If that is the case why wouldn't they just message you direct? Most times that person or link does not exist. It is mostly a scam, likely due to many not paying the sign up fee, therefore being blocked. When you inquire to the Zoosk customer care link, several hours later they always give same excuse- that person's profile must have dropped off-however they can approve your profile updates and pics often in less than 5 minutes--IT IS MOSTLY A SCAM. Consumer Protection agencies should look into the fraud.

Original review: March 20, 2022

I am new to online dating. I signed up with and paid for the Zoosk service for 6 months. In my first month, I received dozens of members allegedly wanting to meet me. When I replied to these members, nearly all did not respond, and of those that responded (about 4) two of them were of profiles with pictures of beautiful women with little information about themselves. They each asked that I quickly send them photos and then for a few hours I then texted with them, but within about 2 hours it very quickly turned into a scenario where they alleged they dropped and damaged their phone in rushing to get a text from me, and then they demanded money from me to reimburse them for their broken phone, and all along they would not do a video call or phone call with me.

Each of these profiles did this same scam. I gave them nothing and reported this to Zoosk, but Zoosk allowed their profiles to remain on their site. In addition, I noticed that in their profiles they were falsely saying they were located just miles away from me in my state, but when we texted their phone number was a cell phone or VOIP number with a California area code, indicating they were several states away and not merely a few miles from me. In sum, there are numerous fake female profiles on Zoosk, and Zoosk is allowing such because they did not remove the profiles that I notified them were fake and trying to scam legit Zoosk users.

I even offered to provide Zoosk the entire chats and all texts between me and people using such profiles to show they are scammers, and Zoosk did not respond and did not accept such, and allowed their profiles to remain. All in all, Zoosk is NOT a good company because they are knowingly allowing their app to be used by scammers and fraudsters to try to perpetuate scams on others on Zoosk who are legitimate and genuine users. In this regard, Zoosk is knowingly facilitating wire fraud and attempts to commit wire fraud in violation of United States criminal code 18 USC 1343.

Original review: March 19, 2022

Zoosk is a bad deal and I can't believe it is given a favourable 3.5/5. Seriously? Many "profiles" of women aren't even verified and many don't even say "online recently". They are phony profiles. It is a mysterious organization.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2022

My personal Opinion, the Zoosk dating site has near 0 women that are actively looking for men. There are no responses to hellos, and no feature to save a profile. No one will talk back to you! Very fabricated!

Original review: Jan. 18, 2022

Worst run online date site. Confusing and illogical way to view and make decisions. If someone "views" you then you can check their profile, it someone "wants to meet you" you can't see their profile, you have to make a yes/no decision knowing nothing about the person. Stupid and illogical. You will get endless emails that someone wants to meet you and they aren't real. You click on the link to view the person and they won't show up in the search. Expensive with no refund policy. I paid for a month thinking I would have more options for viewing people and making decisions but no. Can't believe it's still in business with such better options elsewhere.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2022

This site is fake as hell. Nobody is real and they will not give you a refund so if you join you will have to cancel your card or they will continue to bill you forever!. This company should be shut down for being a total scam.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2021

50 some chats I tried.. No response. Lots of fake responses.. Horrible experience! Would not refer to anyone! They show a lot of local people. 98% of my experience would not reply. This should catch up this company soon.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2021

I joined Zoosk for the same reason most people do. To maybe find a companion, boyfriend. There were so many good looking men, of which most were no longer on the site and their profiles were still there. I know this to be true because I deleted my profile 9 months ago and am still getting hit in 2-3 times a week. I have taken my profile down numerous times. But I guess it still shows me as being available! This bothers my husband to no end!! It is false advertising and just pure lying. Btw: I did not meet my husband online.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2021

Nothing but fake profiles mixed with scammers- they try putting people together by showing profiles to you and others indicating they’re interested and they are not. It’s really shameful. Go elsewhere.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2021

I think this site is fake. They won't let you message people unless you pay and then nobody ever messages back. I consider myself an average looking male for my age and most of the women I've seen are only average too. I find it hard to believe that nobody will communicate at all, even if only to say they're not interested.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2021

The Zoosk site collected money even though I had stated I did not want to continue. To me this is a scam site, making me sorry I ever logged on. I have been trying to change my profile only to be told that it is not accepted by them even though the only item placed was "I QUIT".

Zoosk Company Information