3.8/5 (657 ratings)
Find an Online Dating Sites partner
Banner image

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

About Zoosk

Banner image

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

Zoosk Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zoosk?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zoosk?

Original review: Dec. 20, 2019

Good Dating Site. I have met and dated several different gentleman I met on Zoosk. My only complaint is when you click on the bell which takes you to alerts, if someone has only sent you a heart or smiley face you can not access their profile. You can only choose no, maybe or yes. I would like to access their profile before I chose no, maybe or yes. I would also like to be polite and acknowledge them in the event I am not interested.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2019

The site looks nice, has good qualities, but their algorithms were written to make deceptive interaction. For example, there is a bright green dot indicator by a member's profile photo to indicate the member is online. That's nice. But at 3:00 am many of the members you might view will appear offline yet send you a 'message' after they are viewed.

In many instances such 'messages' were never sent as verified by paying subscriber fees and sending a real response message only to be told by the member there was never a message sent by them in the first place. This does NOT happen rarely, it happens everyday on multiple occasions. This is Zoosk trying to entice non-paying members to pay subscription fees to communicate with what appears to be an interested member who in fact has no intention to communicate. Zoosk should be sued for this.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

Not only were the potential men not at all viable, they have fun billing you after you close your account. Even Amex takes 6-8 weeks to look into this fraud. Do yourself a favor, don’t sign up. Also it is hard to get a hold of them. Their 415 phone is always busy even during the hours they claim they are closed.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2019

PLEASE DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY. YOU WILL FIND THAT IS FULL OF BOTS OR ROBOTS WITH A LOW QUALITY BS. They have no idea how to lie, at least they can make it better, no. They used pics and profile that are fake and non existent. Be very concern, do not put any money.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2019

I refuse to be "nickel & dimed" by an "activation fee" atop a subscription fee. There is no help given on how to have a profile deleted once it appears on the Zoosk site; neither has there been any response from Zoosk to remove my profile.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

This site seems to be full of one nighters, those looking for financially advantageous relationships, and people who post old photographs of themselves along with false representation. More than likely not going to result in a meaningful relationship.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

This is another dating site with fake profiles and fake personalities that do not exist. Sometimes I feel they have hired people just to play games with customers showing themselves as interested parties but the reality is that there are none or very few women on there. I have been on this site for 3 days and it is very simple to see that they are playing games with everyone.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2019

A total waste of time and money. I’d be “matched” with men hundreds of miles away and/or 10-20 years my junior or senior. I got the feeling there were few matches in my area because the site is not very popular so they’d send me any profiles randomly. When I paused the 3 month subscription after the first month to give myself time to get over a breakup, I tried to start it up and unpause the service a couple months later and they refused to give me the 2 months I’d paid for, saying my subscription had terminated. Customer service was unable to show me where they stated my account would be terminated if left paused too long and they just kept offering me discounts to sign up again. By refusing to give me the 2 months I’d paid for, they basically ripped me off about $40. Save your money and yourself from disappointment and wasted time. AVOID ZOOSK.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2019

I have been on Zoosk for just over a month and have found that most of the profiles that seem to be quality women are indeed fake. Most of the constant looks at your profile are fake. Much of this is bad business on the part of Zoosk using fake profile to make customers think they are getting attention. The other is bad people trying to lure real people into giving up personal information for nefarious reasons. My advise - if you want to find a quality date - someone who has it all together >>> stay far away from Zoosk!

Original review: Nov. 29, 2019

I had Zoosk for 6 months. In the 6 month probably sent out thousands of messages, and said yes to as many smart picks or other ways to match on the site. In all that time, I had 0 replies. Not a single one on anything the entire time. OK maybe not everyone has a premium account and maybe I am not prefect for everyone, but absolutely nothing is pretty bad.

But here is the kicker. On the same day that my subscription was scheduled to expire, but after it expired I received a notification that I have a new message in my account. The first message ever on Zoosk minutes after my subscription ran out. What a coincidence. And obviously it wants me to pay to even see it or reply. This is the most completely obvious bait and switch I have ever seen. Immediately after expiration I have a message. I am completely sure it is completely fake, just like the rest of the site seems to be. I have tried Match and Eharmony and others and even though I did not find a match I did talk and meet people there. Zoosk, it just complexity useless and simply takes your money for absolutely nothing.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2019

I read and understood the terms and conditions of pausing my account. There was no renewal fees till I reactivated my account. In less than a month Zoosk reactivated my account and charged me. I reread the terms. Found they violated the term of the agreement. I write, try to call, get nothing. Had immediately repaired my account. This morning again zoosk unpaused my account and charged me. But this time they posted a new term of agreement. This one says you can pause your account but they can still monthly charge you. Now why would I want to keep paying them 30 bucks a month for something I'm not using. This is how they're trying to get around being sued for fraud the first few times they broke their own terms to steal money.

If anyone else has had this same experience please contact me at **. I'm attempting to bring class action suit on zoosk for theft and all the others they have done this to should band with me to send up to zoosk and close them down and get your money they stole back. Thanks for reading zoosk phone number had you like to say something to them yourself. Good luck. They won't answer their phones ever. How else do you steal and not have to deal with the people. Make it so they can't get a hold of you. Way most thiefs are a ghost. 1 888 939 6675 zoosk contact number.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2019

Horrible site. Old accounts of people who are no longer there. They also make it almost impossible to cancel your account, and when you think it is canceled you get suckered into another payment. Worst dating site with the worst customer service. I do not recommend this site.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2019

My satisfaction level would range from almost dissatisfied to somewhat satisfied or: got what you can pretty much expect, I guess. I talked to a few (real) females on there, from relatively nearby. Went on maybe 2 to 3 dates or meet-ups, tops. Being on there for months. They send matches from far away typically; the site's parameters do not seem to understand or respect what would perhaps be rather common sense distance preferences (you'll regularly get people as your suggested matches who are from out of state, or 50, 60-some or even 100-some plus miles from where you live, etc).

Lot of fakes, they come and go, you get messages (several in a row) from obviously fake pics (1 pic only; very attractive or desirable looking person) no username ("Zoosk user" only), next to no profile body (or poorly or oddly written profile). If you respond saying, "Hi how are you?", to their smiley face or heart, you get in response something like: "Am good, you?"; chat a couple messages more, if even, and you will know for sure by their awkward wording that this is a foreigner from somewhere trying to scam people for something or other. Sometimes they'll say flat-out that they're from out of the country, or they are living outside the country for some reason right now (despite being listed as from nearby where you live).

The best thing about the site or app is that you can 'block' anyone's profile easily after any interaction (unlike on some other sites where you have to keep seeing the same people you've already interacted with, even though you've perhaps blocked them from messaging you). So insta-block any fakes or suspected fakes. Having said all that, from time to time you will get real messages from real (pretty much obviously real) people. Use your own judgement though, because I experienced a few that looked like legit real profiles but by how they interacted in chat had to be fakes or bots or something (perhaps a formerly legit and inactive profile was taken over by a false user).

Anyway, biggest problems are: fakes, distance and so-so to poor matching issues, and it also has a strange way of showing again and again (I think) that you are "viewing" someone's profile, when you're not necessarily doing so. (You might be just scrolling and they keep coming up, or you might be viewing your OWN recorded views, and it shows the person that you're looking at them if they have looked at you before, and so on). It will cost you typically around 40 a month, realistically (39.94), if you buy the month package (go by the month, instead of multi-month package) + the thing where anyone can reply to you even if they're a non-member. You Must cancel your subscription or it will auto renew. After you cancel it, it won't. Is it worth a try? For a month or two maybe, but if nothing comes of it after 6 or 8 weeks I'd cut my losses.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2019

They tell me ladies are (1) Viewing my profile, 2 ladies who I got repeated notifications about denied it when I asked them. (2) Want to chat, but when I message them I get no reply. I have the upgrade that allows anyone to reply to me. (3) Want to meet me, but they don't reply in chat either.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2019

Tried Zoosk as a free member. Found 3 lady profiles using precise age and distance criteria that I would like to contact. Interested in meeting each of them so I joined. Once I joined I used precisely the same criteria to search. Not one of them showed up. Did this a dozen times or so - still not one of the three showed up. Now began to suspect this company is a scam.

Had a buddy sign in as a free member. He and I checked with two computers, side by side. As a paid member, none of the three came up. As a free member, he had all three come up. We repeated this little exercise 6 times with EXACTLY the same criteria and at the same time. Every time, the same result happened - I found none of the three and he found all three each and every time. CON JOB BY ZOOSK.

Wow, did I get taken in so I called asking for any plausible reason for this happening. The lady tried her best but could not explain much of anything. Essentially, she just tried to pull excuses out of the air. She said she would give it to member feedback but told me I would not be contacted for follow up. Obviously Zoosk themselves are 'salting' the mine (adding in attractive members to bring in sales - a con job to take your money) to make it look like they have a few very attractive paid members along with those who are real people.

Hope a few lawyers read this post and mount a class action against them as I will be the first to join. Bad enough to be searching for someone without having CON artists take you to the cleaners. Do not get taken in by Zoosk and its scams. Bad experience and if you don't believe what I say here, try it out for yourself. THEN DEMAND YOUR MONEY BACK ALONG WITH TREBLE PUNITIVE DAMAGES AS AT BEST, THEY ARE CON ARTISTS.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2019

I was very hesitant in doing a dating site as I had a horrible experience a year earlier with another site that rhymes with Hatch. I found the quality of men to be better than other sites but did have my share of weirdos. I met my husband the day after i joined and he joined the day prior to me joining. So, we met each other right away; that was October 2017. We were married 2 months ago. He is the best thing that has EVER happened to me (aside from my grandsons).

Original review: Nov. 21, 2019

Zoosk!! I’m the founder of a website similar to ConsumerAffairs.com. An online publication, information-rich resource organization, which assists victims, helps prevent financial crimes, protects consumers, and the public from fraud, manipulation, and abusive practices. With my experience for recognizing less than authentic individuals, companies, websites etc. who often pose as someone or something you’re interested in or may be interested in. I recently signed up with a paid account with Zoosk. I contacted Zoosk shortly after joining and notified them of the two scammers and a third possible one that I experienced within the first day of joining. They were removed from my view although I’m not sure if they closed their accounts. I did give them reliable evidence.

In my experience these posers always asked for my number and they respond by giving a "text subscriber number" refusing to give their cell number. A 'text subscriber number" is most often used by scammers to avoid identification. Be assured I asked questions that would identify if they’re authentic or not. Their answers and avoiding answers clearly exposed them. Additionally, their answers were classic scammer stories. There is a tactful strategy. On and off I visited Zoosk.com to casually browse the profiles on Zoosk and I noticed it was flooded with profiles that are highly questionable. Today I experienced another likely fake profile who realized I was on to them and stopped our chat midstream. Stay away from Zoosk and DO NOT give any personal information until you cautiously investigate who you’re corresponding with on the other end.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2019

I was on Zoosk for 3 days. I was inundated with scam requests and decided it wasn't worth it. I unsubscribed and deleted my account. They charged me the following month and didn't delete my account. Not worth it!

Original review: Nov. 18, 2019

Is it perhaps because Zoosk doesn't maintain its user database, or because they don't act upon Reported users? Whatever the reason, this Dating App/Site is absolutely loaded with fake profiles and scammers. Steer clear of this one, the single advice you need.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2019

I signed up for 3 months, basically because this was the only way to participate. They ask for your preferences which were rather broad, but definitely include age and appearance. Zoosk couldn't even keep those parameters straight. I would get contacts from people far out of the age range. In addition, there is a blocking feature that is completely useless. The blocked people returned to my preferences time and time again. I was warned that women get bombarded by men on these sights, but I still was surprised at how uncomfortable I felt. (See above.) I cancelled after 2 days. Unfortunately, there is no grace period, so when you sign up you are stuck with the bill for a minimum of three months. It may not officially be a scam, but it feels pretty scammy. I would not recommend Zoosk to women.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2019

I have been on Zoosk for several months. I’ve reached my breaking point. Most of the men are out of my distance and age range and I have blocked about 500. Now when I block them they keep appearing every day. I called Zoosk and they sss AS us. I reached my blocking limit so I went in and unblocked a large amount. It didn’t work. The same guys show up every day. I’m done. Worst website to meet men.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2019

I paid for 3 month subscription, but could not email, respond to messaging or view anyone, because I did not uploaded a photo. Totally ridiculous also, I received messages from a paid subscriber, there was a note that said Respond for free, but I could not, again because I did not upload a photo. Why is Zoosk blocking response to members who corresponded with another member who do not have a photo. Was the message a scam. I cancelled my subscription immediately, I will not allow Zoosk to control me in their scam.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2019

I took out a 3 month subscription and after two turned off auto renew. They cancelled my last month but didn't refund any money. This is a total rip off. I complained to Apple who were no help at all even though they are the agent.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2019

Zoosk is like pretty much most sites, full of fake profiles and fake BS and matchmaking by the site itself. Examples... I got a message from someone supposedly wanting to meet. I replied and got a reply from a Bot. I am Eric and the Bots algorithm sent me back a message saying that she was Eric and liked my profile.

Massive fail, akin to finding out Milli Vanilli was lip syncing.

I have had several messages saying that different members wanted to chat. When I replied saying I got a message saying that and was it true that they wanted to chat, there was never a reply. Fake Fake Fake and full of site bait. You can click for hours on the Carousel function and never run out of profiles. It's also full of glam girls who are divorced with failed marriages and kids, which is fine, but they want the fine life as they claim to be, Sexy, classy, etc and it shows in their profile names. Don't waste your time looking for a true connection with an altruistic person here.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2019

In a word, Zoosk sucks. They constantly sent me profiles that were outside of the parameters I set. That is, they sent profiles that were older and younger than my age ranges; profiles that lived further than my distance parameter; profiles that were not at all in line with the physical traits I was interested in. A total waste of time and money.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2019

If you're seriously looking for someone “Run Forest Run” from this dating site! Every negative thing previously written is true; how the government hadn’t shut this site down is a mystery? I compare it with a Nigerian scam from the “Barrister“ wanting money?

Original review: Oct. 19, 2019

Maybe I didn't read all the fine print but a few things you should know before wasting your money and time. 1) You can only communicate with paid members. 2) You will receive notifications that someone is interested in you and they have their cell number written on the picture. This is obviously a scam but Zoosk is totally involved in this scam. They monitor every pic and text written on your profile but they allow this to happen. 3)The number of paid member to non-member is like 1 out of 4 in my area. 4) Their search capability does not work as you have set in your settings. When searching, you get people outside your radius and age group. This wastes more of your time. 5) You cannot always see a paid member's distance until after you match. She may be 100-miles away; therefore, you end up cancelling the connection. Good luck but I would not recommend this site.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2019

You can only view people you're interested in for free on Zoosk, but you cannot message them, receive messages from anyone, chat, or ANYTHING else....unless you pay. That's the catch.... Zoosk claims to be free, and to one extent it is, just expect to pay to actually meet someone.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2019

Was a complete waste of money. It's constant offers to 'upgrade' for more money. I get emails saying I have 'messages' but when I go to the site, there are none. There are messages saying specific people 'want to meet you' but going there, none. The few messages I've gotten, I've responded to with no reply which makes me think they are not going through. I've tried to contact the company but just go round in circles.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2019

After two paid rounds on this site I find it very sad to continually receive notifications that a member(s) is interested, or has sent a messages, only to go to the site to see the mailbox sits empty and can not find the said person(s)... Very sad!!!

Zoosk Company Information