1.14/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Last updated: April 20, 2018

262 Zoosk Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 20, 2018

I downloaded Zoosk at my phone last October and never used their service since then. Recently I found out two charges $53.94 and $74.95 dated on APR 9 from ZOOSK 1-888-939-6675 San Francisco. I called back and talked to a customer service rep who said her name is "LOVELY", LOVELY said I set up an account with them and my photo was already on their website!!! I told her that I never used their service and I don't know how they got my photo and credit card info (which stored in my phone for Apple Pay). She said they cannot credit back for these two unauthorized charges and there is no supervisor there to talk. I immediately called my credit card company to block any further unauthorized charge from this ZOOSK, and started a fraud complaint process.

Original review: April 14, 2018

I subscribed to Zoosk, and I ended up getting a message from a guy who claimed he was only 39 years old, didn’t smoke, and drank occasionally. He looked really young and handsome. We exchanged numbers and pictures for about a week, and then we met. The guy was actually 45 years old, white thining gray hair, and a huge fat beer belly. I decided to continue seeing him despite his dishonest profile. A few weeks went by, I was falling for him because he seemed very wise and sweet, but I began to notice he had a drinking problem. One time, he was drunk, and for no reason, he started verbally abusing me. He called me a fat pig, an old hag (I’m younger than him), he called me an uneducated prostitute, and a stupid **.

He sent me a picture of his bed full of weapons. I was stunned! I blocked all his numbers from my phone, and he would call me private all night long. Eventually he called me from a number which I didn’t recognized. We started talking and he said he would never bother me again, but that same night, he showed up at my place unannounced. I didn’t let him in, and I said I would call the police. He eventually left, but started calling me private. I ended up changing my phone number. It was an extremely, scary experience! I learned my lesson. Zoosk said he was a verified member. ‘Zoosk, check again!’ This guy is nothing like the guy in his profile. He is an abusive, dangerous, delusional, alcoholic, preying on women, through your dating site.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: April 13, 2018

Don't waste your time and money on this site. Bunch of losers on it. A lot of the profile information is lies. People write what you want to hear even if is a lie. Zoosk charges too much for nothing. I tried it to see if it was worth it, I regret it. I rather meet someone in person than pay bunch of money for nothing.

Original review: April 9, 2018

I've been on this site off and on for 6 months and was really beginning think there was something wrong with me, My profile or pictures. Till I started reading the reviews only to find out that almost all the likes I've sent and messages never reach anyone and I never get any likes or messages from anybody, except for one or two women that I want nothing to do with or come anywhere close to my interest. Don't know where Zoosk comes up with all the pictures and profiles that aren't members, but I think it's B.S. that they show you pictures and profiles of people that you can't communicate with. I live in a remote area of Alaska with a population of less than 400, so I kind of depend on website to meet people. This site is a complete Waste.

Original review: April 9, 2018

I am very inquisitive and didn’t trust the person who contacted me so I did my own research and verified my suspicions and I was correct. This person was not real and totally stolen name and pictures with a heavy accent for being someone from London and Virginia. Anyways didn’t trust and got them before any damage done! Called Zoosk and they wouldn’t give a refund till I threatened to sue them for lack of security and system that they claim to provide! First and last time I am ever on a dating site!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zoosk?

Original review: April 8, 2018

They tell you as a paying member that you have so many more options than nonpaying, Bull. As a paying member I expect to be able to contact non paying and get a response back, no, they won't be able to. Also, Zoosk, will not show you who are paying members, so you don't know either. You spend your time contacting people with no response back, I thought it was me they didn't like. They say they have 33 million members 95% are probably old ones which people have not deleted and haven't been online for weeks, months or years. To be fair, the other dating site are all the same.

Their search mode is useless, you waste so much time with going through profiles which people haven't been on for a while. It's a shame about this because the quality of the women I did get to speak to, very, very few, because from experience women don't usually pay for sites since men who do should be able to respond back, but not with ZOOSK, the women were nice and they probably don't know about how it works. DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME AND MONEY ON ZOOSK.

Original review: April 6, 2018

Worst dating site ever. Always need more money. Tried to edit age range but it would never change. It is a rip-off. Submitted for one month. Ended up with a 6-month subscription. Site is the most unorganized site ever. 98% match rating. I doubt it. Same men all the time. Gee that's called a good rating. I was not looking for a 78-year-old man. I'd have to be desperate!!! It is nothing but a money maker. Every time I wanted more interest in a man, I had to pay more money. Should have read the reviews first, which I usually do. It was rated mostly one star. I would give a rating of zero. Amazing Zoosk. GET the picture? If anyone I know is interested in internal dating, guess what I will say? Obviously it won't be nice!

Original review: April 5, 2018

I've been on Zoosk now for about 2 months. I canceled my first sub without a problem. I resubbed for the next month. This time I met two women from there. Long story short, as soon as I mentioned I was interested in meeting, they disappeared. They haven't answered any more of my messages. The first week that we talked, they talked like they were very interested in me and hoped to find true romance and maybe even someone steady. But, as soon as I ask about a meeting, POOF, gone. I can see when they are on or have been on. But haven't spoken to me anymore since I asked about a meeting. This makes me wonder. It doesn't make sense to express interest in a person and then when they ask about a meeting, stop all contact. I may not resub again. So far it's a waste of money. Why pay to contact weird acting people when you can contact weird acting people on POF for free?

Original review: April 2, 2018

I wouldn't recommend Zoosk to any one. I pay my subscription, and while I was on the site, it said... to make sure they get your email, subscribe to this...? I already paid my subscription! It also looks likes, they have fake accounts, if you write to someone you are interested in, you won't hear back from them, you'll just get the messages from the ones that you're not interested in. I have tried Plenty of Fish, way better than Zoosk. It's free, and you get a lot more message! I recommend Plenty of Fish!

Original review: March 26, 2018

I have tried on multiple occasions to mention in my profile that I currently wasn't a member and to inform people I couldn't read any messages sent to me. I felt bad, I wasn't shunning them, but messages were expiring without my reply. Zoosk would only approve my profile with changes and removed any sign that said I wasn't a member. That does not fall in guideline rules. Also, I had the same issue about being auto renewed and billed when I made sure to be unsubscribed before renewal! They changed it the day of renewal! Also, They have no system of matching, you're thrown in the same pot and you sort it out!

Original review: March 25, 2018 Joined Zoosk. Paid my $$$... Bought coins to see if anyone responded to my Flirts notes etc... within 12 day I got billed 3 times for coins. Called to complain.

Told money not refundable. Ok... in 30 days I got very little response. One date... waste of time and money. Worst site ever.

Original review: March 23, 2018

Really poorly run. They ask for your preferences then disregard them when sending you "matches" which they send daily. Lol. They also send other matches (supposedly based on your interests in others) that were actually the exact opposite of my preferences and interests. Customer service (using the term lightly) responded to only one of my three inquiries and was completely not helpful. Can't believe these folks are still in business. If you're looking for a singles site, don't waste your money on Zoosk.

Original review: March 12, 2018

Unsubscribed after one month of catfishing from Nigeria and other African countries. After unsubscribing and deleting the app Zoosk charged me for another month and refused to refund my money. I highly recommend you stay away from this app if you value your privacy and money.

Original review: March 11, 2018

This was the worst of all dating sites! They ask all sorts of “matching” questions when you sign up then disregard all the answers and match you with people out of your age group, and more than 100 miles away. I didn’t want smokers and was constantly being matched with them. You have to pay to hide your profile when your subscription is done, who would want to give this site any more money? Having to pay most profiles aren’t even active. Everyone has the same complaints. Save your money and figure out another way. I’m done with all dating sites. They are useless!!!

Original review: March 11, 2018

I signed up for Zoosk dating premium service for six months... After one month they cancelled my membership and refused to return my money. They said that I didn’t comply with their company agreement. I asked for an explanation. They never complied. They don't contact by phone, just e-mail.

Original review: March 6, 2018

I agreed to try Zoosk for 3 months. I paid with PayPal. The agreed upon price was $59.95. They immediately charged me this fee twice. Normally even with so-called "pre-authorized" payments" you can cancel the payment that should not happen for another 3 months. So now I have less than my rent amount due to these dishonest pricks. Not only that the feature "Monica wants to chat" is a complete lie. I've asked girls and they never said that. If you do carousel and say you want to meet or vice versa then you cannot take a real look at the girl's profile. Then if you say you want to meet based on limited information they lock the match meaning you must pay 30 coins to open it up and actually see or contact the girl. Didn't I just pay to be a full member? Seriously, I wouldn't believe anything these people say. By deceiving & misleading their customer base you will lose all the trust of your one-time clients. They will go elsewhere.

Original review: March 4, 2018

Zoosk is a terrible dating service. The site is totally ineffective and customer service is non existent except to sell add ons. I expected that my correspondence would be received by other members but instead they want you to pay extra to see if your response was even received. They expect you to pay to boost your exposure when the service they sold you doesn’t work.

Original review: March 3, 2018

I would never go on Zoosk again. When you set your settings for what you are and aren’t looking for i.e. age, distance, smoker, etc. it doesn’t save your settings so each time you go on the site you get all the people you are NOT looking for and have to reset your settings every time. Also, my friend was scammed by a person who was a “guy” and found out it was a women.

Original review: March 3, 2018

It took me about a week or two, but I finally found out that ZOOSK is a scam!!! Every time I get a reply or just a text, it is so obvious that the woman did not read what I originally text her, or they always send meaningless texts and the women never reply to what I text. It’s so obvious they send MEANINGLESS TEXTS!! Clearly they get paid to just get you going for a few seconds! SHAME ON ZOOSK! This needs to be EXPOSED! But I hear all the dating sites are all that way! They don’t want to seem like they don’t work I guess!

Original review: March 1, 2018

In my honest opinion, I'm not sure about the quality of the lady members on Zoosk (since I'm a lady), but for the quality of men, it's disgusting (in NYC). Every day my account is flooded with mugshots, dirty looking men, illegal immigrants, senior men who lie about their age and claim they are 10 years+ younger, and low class men. When we subscribed, we all have to answer the 10 minutes survey which Zoosk states that the answers would help them to filter the matches for us. How come I get so many messages every day from the "unfiltered" men? We are paying Zoosk for filtering out the unwanted, but Zoosk is not doing its job. Zoosk priority is quantity but not quality.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2018

With a tongue sticking out. Hardly any professionals. Nobody bothers to write a profile... forget to one sentence of introduction when contacting too damn hard lol. No professionals or college grads, low class, no manners, aggressive if you ask for something, and so unattractive and untidy looking. Comparing to MATCH it just does not compare, maybe women are better but if you are a lady spare yourself cringing every time you open your messages or look at your matches. God help Us??? I canceled after first month.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2018

Zoosk has the worst choices of men, they're weird looking (like they just got out of prison) and the few good ones are fake accounts. I asked very early on to cancel my subscription and they never responded. I believe their rating as being the best and having millions of members were made up. The men I was getting weren't in my category search and same ones kept popping up over and over. Try other dating websites. This one... don't even touch it. This is an honest opinion and I really tried but to no avail. Men are old, ugly and fat. And they will not respond to your cancellation request or refund your money at all. It does state no refunds, but when your customers are unhappy & unsatisfied with your service, a company should absolutely refund the money or at least respond.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2018

When getting on with Zoosk I stopped in my tracks because I got interested in this lady and she messaged me back which was cool until I go to message her. Now I got to pay to see what she says, no thanks Zoosk. I'm good. You have a better chance subscribing to Reader’s Digest.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

I joined in 2015 and hadn't dated in many years. Right away I met a fellow who seemed perfect -- tall, educated, charming, handsome. In corresponding with him online, got the uneasy feeling that he was a Player and expressed that to him in no uncertain (though not vulgar) terms. Zoosk actually berated me for it! This made me feel as though perhaps I was wrong and I apologized and continued our correspondence and eventually met him and became romantically involved.

I was to learn after the fact that he was indeed a married player (living with his wife in Latrobe, Pa) who had been on Ashley Madison seeking sex. His wife worked and during the daytime he had time for fun and games! The scandal broke when people were exposed on Ashley Madison and now he would go on Zoosk and OurTime with one month subscriptions to 'get' women for sex. He was very good at this and when the 30-day sub ended he walked away with many women's personal email addresses. He later bragged to me that he had engaged in sex with 12 women in 20 months! Indeed, his emails were very explicit but he also said he was "looking for the last woman he would make love to". None of the women knew about the others when she got involved with him -- but Zoosk knew.

In 2016 I saw his photo on Zoosk and immediately reported him as a married man who should not be on dating sites -- they said they would 'investigate' the report. Seeing his photo on again after 3 weeks, I threatened to go to the Better Business Bureau. Although I never saw it again it may have just been blocked from my account. I have little faith in the integrity of Zoosk.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2018

I had an account for nearly a month, and ran into various issues. I feel they spied on my messages, banned my account without cause or reason, would change info on my profile without asking or warning me, 'guys' would message me, and they were automatic messages coming from random accounts, the guys even confirmed they did not send them, it was the same exact message every single time.

I followed the rules pretty well, but I was banned without any kind of warning or reasoning, so I emailed them for them to give me a poor answer that told me nothing, claiming maybe I broke a rule or I'm just not 'eligible'. How am I not?? The staff is horrid, and would randomly remove my icons up to 10 times a day or better, would constantly edit my page though I had nothing inappropriate at all on my profile, wouldn't even explain to me if I could get my account back, I had nearly 800 coins or so, and they were not about to give them, my contacts, let alone my profile back.

Then, I made a new account to check things out, now it's required to use a cellphone which I made plain as day, that I do not have, so I can no longer use the site anyways! Do not join the site. It's very very shady! They don't do refunds even if you're banned for no reason, hacked, etc. I closed my new account and blocked their email, I'm done with it, please do not join it, there are so many fake accounts, scams, creeps, terrible mods who mess with your personal info but don't take care of the people harassing you for sex, yet they'll ban you for no reason. :/ It's not worth it!

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

BEWARE OF THIS DATING SITE IS A 1000% SCAM, like many of the subscribers are saying is true; even before you sign the agreement check the cancellation notices before 24 hours on last date of term agreement. They stated you have 72 hours to cancel subscription but when I called to cancel it after 48 hours, the customer service help told me, "You paid it and there is no refund." They even offer me a 50% discount if I remained as a member and other upgrades. I was talking to a couple of ladies, they were all scams trying to steal your identity and bank information. BE VERY CAREFUL, I wasted my time and money, the girls posted are maybe porno girls, no exaggeration, breast showing just to attract guys. DO NOT send any family pictures and that was my mistake. PLEASE, DO NOT SUBSCRIBE. Is nothing but headaches after.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

I kept receiving emails from phony members, not wanting to get involved I never responded to these young girls. I did exchange a few email with someone I thought was for real until she asked for $600 for her Grandmother. Recently my account was closed by Zoosk, upon asking what was up, they said my account had been spammed and needed to be closed. So I asked for a refund being I had no access to the site. Refund has been denied. This company is a rip off. Stay away.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

As a transgender individual, on Zoosk there is little room to be open about it and attract those interested/nonbiased to such things. There is only Men and Woman options, nothing allowing for in between or transitioning. You are either a Man looking for Women/Men or vice versa. Honestly it's hard enough to be gay AND trans without that expectation of what your genitals are.

The means of making that clear distinction is important so as not to accidentally attract non-supportive folk. I would suggest allowing a broader option as gender is a spectrum NOT a binary. To truly be inclusive would require more check boxes than pink and blue. When choosing what you are and what you are into, non-binary and transgender people (F to M or M to F) etc. need to be options. How else can we safely online date without being constantly harassed and rejected? And if the argument is to "Not online date" That's stupid because in person is EVEN HARDER as I could get punched or yelled at.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

Completely disgusted, I chose to browse and I liked one and got an email. To read the reply, I joined for 30 dollars, and also got charged an additional 100 for coins I didn't want and the lady Profile I can't find. I have it saved in my browser, but it wants me to subscribe. Customer service will respond in 3 days. WHAT A LOAD of Crap.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

If you are into Tinder-style-dating (pictures only, no profile, or a few basic intro words) - this it might be the one for you - however why would you like to pay £25 month for this shallow way of hooking up with people? Firstly, if you did subscribe to try and test it - Go to your Settings and make sure that you Cancel your Auto Subscription (this type of business should be illegal in the UK IMHO). Thereafter inform your bank to block them to take further money from you. Don't leave to the last minute - you will forget it.

With regards to interaction - not many people read profiles here (perhaps 1 in 10) and it is based on the LOOK instead of matchmaking re: compatibility. Very few managed to string a few sensible English sentences together in order to scope their level of intelligence. After 2 weeks hallelujah! Managed to have 2 and a half dates (one is pending). Well what can I say? Men in general live in fantasy land and want "model like middle aged ladies" crane legs, never-ending hair. Two wanted to change the way I look ("you look nice but I would prefer longer hair..."). I am quite assertive and would consider myself reasonably attractive for my age (mid 40s regular exercise, healthy eating, wear a "chin-length-bob", natural makeup etc...). I can still make turn heads when I am out and about but in here, as a woman I thought I have many shortcomings (not the right height, not sexy enough, etc.).

The reason I gave 2 stars because there are some genuine people lurking around and made it to the dates, but in general, men are not very well cultured. This is based on their brief profile description, interest, and the style of "online communication". To find your match you would need to run so many extra miles including buying coins, invest lots of time by searching the search. I would say just go out there and meet real people and spend the money on an evening out or on mini breaks (hotel breaks) otherwise you will be trapped in the fantasy airy fairyland by hoping that there is always someone better waiting for you around the corner (a better, bigger fish to fry... and you just keep on searching for something that doesn't exist). Thanks for reading this. I hope it helps (this was based on my brief experience) and good luck with finding LOVE.

Zoosk Company Information