Zoosk

Compare Online Dating Websites & Services

Research top Online Dating Websites & Services recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I just found out about this today, but this site has robbed me of $119.80. I paid the first $29.95 for just the SINGLE month. I NEVER requested my subscription to be renewed. Upon checking my transaction history they have charged me $29.95 for the last 4 months totaling to $119.80. There is no option to cancel the auto-renewal on their website. The only way I was able to cancel the auto-renewal was by logging into my Paypal account and canceling it from there. Do NOT go to this site!

I created a profile and paid for a 3 month subscription. First incident my profile picture was that of someone else I don't know. My profile name was the same. I changed my photo back to mine. Approx. 3 weeks later my profile completely disappeared. Gone. I created a profile again with the same ID name but now there is no evidence that I have paid for the subscription and I am no longer able to communicate with paying again. I have sent 3 emails to tech support, but I don't believe there is such a department. They took my money and ran with it.

I joined both Zoosk and Match at the same time for 6 months. During 6 months, I went out with one person from Zoosk. In the first 3 weeks I went out with 5 different people in Match. Nice and real people. Same price. Very different results. (ALERT!!! They keep making recurring charges after your expiration without telling you and don't give refunds. They keep the money. They made 3 charges of $74,95 in my bank acc after my 6 months and I did not realize. Money lost.) Try Match. It works.

I signed up to Zoosk to try and meet someone for dating. I met a wonderful man. We have been dating and have just spent a 2 week holiday together... amazing. But then it all came crashing down. He was informed that I was still an active member 4 months after I deleted subscription and account. How is this possible? They have possibly ruined my relationship. My partner now thinks I am deceiving him. After emails of complaints all I got were instructions on how to delete my account AGAIN. They are messing with people's lives and relationships without any regards of what damage and upset this causes people. It's absolutely disgusting and such a con. They should be shut down.

This is old school and it doesn't allow people to message each other without subscribing. The registration is not user-friendly and not modern. They should fire whoever gave them bad consulting advice. This is a really bad customer experience and I agree it doesn't deserve more than 1 star rating or 0 star rating if that exists!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zoosk?

I was on the site for 2 months but found all of the good/decent looking guys profiles to be fakes. They would take days to get back to me, if at all, and when they did they always asked something about how I liked Zoosk. I found very few men on there that either contacted me, or I contacted to be authentic, except for the really old guys that were 10 years older than my selected preference. Save your money and go somewhere else.

Zoosk customer support is poor at best. If you have trouble setting up online and app, don't expect any real help. If you want a refund of any kind, don't expect one because it's not coming. Their platform looks good, looked good when I signed up, but in the end, move on and use Match or OKCupid or Bumble or Tinder or Ashley Madison or Craigslist or anything other site and or app.

This site is such a scam!!! I was on this site a few yrs ago. I don't know for how long. I had forgotten about it but kept getting email msg. from Zoosk. I recently paid for one month to see what it was like. My subscription ends Feb.27th. During this time I found out that Zoosk does not remove your profile, thus the emails!!! I went back into my acct. and tried to delete my entire profile but the site wouldn't let me. I did opt out of the email notifications. But, they are deceiving men & women by keeping profiles of unsubscribed people on their site. I think this could be considered FRAUD. I saw a friend whom I met on the site and I asked him if he was still on the site. He said that he hasn't been on the site for a couple of yrs and yet, his profile is still up!!! If anyone knows how I can get my profile off this site, please let me know. Can't afford a lawyer. I spent all my money on ZOOSK. LOL.

I need to speak to a person at Zoosk but no joy! I paid one month's subscription in January - have just received statement which showed a very big sum of money taken out without my knowledge on the same day. I am not able to find out what this is for as any type of communication seems to be robotic. Apart from the fact that any contacts were hundreds of miles away I would never ever pay £100.00 for a subscription. If I cannot get a positive result from Zoosk I will try the media as in LBC and Radio 4 consumer programs.

I was a "subscriber" to Zoosk for a week and can totally relate to other comments of other dissatisfied users. I "subscribed". I paid for one month just to try it out. Yes they charged me $9.95 + $29.95 and I canceled it three days after I set it up because was not satisfied with the site. I also deleted my photos and what I thought was my profile. This month I get another charge for the total amount so I called customer service and complain. All they can say is they're sorry but they'll cancel it but I still got billed for the service for this month as well. Scam company, watch out. OMG! Never again.

This Zoosk dating site is rip off. The people on there are not real, it's automated. The same answers are given. You can tell the person replying is not a real date. Don't join, save your money. They keep sending the same person as viewed your profile. Want rubbish. Steer well clear.

I met someone on Zoosk and tried to change my page to say met someone and not seeking new dates. The site refused to update my profile even after several attempts. I tried to contact the company and not lead other ladies on as I am getting to know a very special 60 year old lady. Yes I bought a 6 month premium plan and may have been a good catch with a thoughtful true profile. Now even after the subscription has expired they will not let me go. I keep getting messages from multiple ladies daily. Yes my girlfriend has the same problem more than 6 months after her 1 month subscription expired. So how many truly dating people are on Zoosk? I would say very few? Please let me go.

I searched the site for single women in my area before joining. There were quite a few meeting my criteria. After joining it became apparent that half of the women weren't actually on the site. At first, I was getting more attention than a Calvin Klein undies model, getting "likes", "winks" and "wants to meet you" by the dozen in rapid succession. Whenever I tried to make contact with any of my admirers, all I received was radio silence. According to the site, some women would even view my profile daily (even if there was no sign of them visiting the site in recent days).

My subscription finally came to an end a couple of days ago. Sure enough, immediately after it expired, I receive two messages from total strangers (of course I can't read them because I would need to take out another subscription first). I have since done a search on the site as a non-member and guess what? There's a load of new faces that were never around during the entire three months of my membership. How anybody can get away with such blatant false advertising and con-artistry on such a scale sickens me. Please... If you are reading this and are looking for companionship, rather stick to bars. At least you know what you are dealing with. Stay away from Zoosk... These people are manipulating pricks who care only about making money. Good luck!

Signing up with Zoosk is like being led down the primrose path. You think you are shopping for love, while Zoosk is shopping for your data! If you must, try using it a bit before you go all in - and maybe you'll discover what I did - and then confirmed all over the web when I did a search for reviews. First their system didn't approve my primary photo - even though it met all of their specifications. I contacted support to ask them why, and simply finding support's contact info was a challenge in itself - their site is set up to greatly discourage contacting support! I got no response, so I contacted them again - and no response.

I continued to try and use the site, but then discovered I couldn't continue without disclosing my cell phone number. I was ready to subscribe to find love - lol, so I contacted support again to see if there was a way to use their service without disclosing my cell phone number - no response. As an IT professional, this concerned me - so I actually read their terms and conditions. That is when I discovered Zoosk is basically a data mining company, and collects all your info to sell! This is why they want your Facebook data too!

Bottom line is that they don't have support - even when you want to give them money! They also want all of your data to use for their own purposes - and that's bad for you! Finally, they make it almost impossible to get out. There is no way to delete your account - except to contact non-existent support! After much research, OKCupid and Match are much better options. Good luck.

I have been a "subscriber" to zoosk for a week and can totally relate to the comments of other dissatisfied users. I too got curious after browsing the site, not being allowed to message anyone until I "subscribed". I paid for one month just to try it out. So far I haven't been able to have any sort of communication with even one of the 20 some odd women I sent a hi to. I've called customer support 3 times now and still no results. And don't even bother using their email address to contact them. 4 emails still go unanswered. Last night all my profile pics mysteriously got deleted. OMG! Never again.

I got scammed by Zoosk. Signed up because a website reviewed this as one of the best dating sites so I figured what the hell. The site is simplistic but I thought that's what made it nice. Then you realize that everything is behind a paywall but still I thought if people will pay for it then it ought to be good. Got a lot of views at first. Then I noticed something weird. The same 5 people would view my profile regularly, one of whom I liked and sent them a message but never received a message in return yet they still kept viewing me. So I subscribed for their premium messaging so they could message me back (yes I liked them that much). Put in my profile that anyone was able to message me but the moderators edited that part out of my profile so no one would be able to know they could message me for free because there isn't any indicators that someone is subscribed or has paid for any other content.

And that cute girl kept viewing me every few hours and after a while I reasoned either she was completely oblivious she could message me or I was getting played by my emotions because a fake account that was supposedly online kept viewing me which probably wasn't the case. Makes me sick because as the saying goes you can't put a price on love and unfortunately in this case I lost some money to what has to be the most dishonest dating site ever. Feel like such an idiot for giving them so much of my money but I never heard of a dating site scamming people before so I fell for it.

They were responsive to my inquiries. I can honestly say that I was very lucky. A beautiful lady found me on this site and we are having a blast getting to know each other and becoming really good friends. She is truly amazing.

I joined for one month only. Before the month expired I cancelled my subscription anyway online. However I did not deactivate my account. To my surprise and horror after one month had passed Zoosk charged debited me for another month. So I went online and to my horror found out my subscription activated itself miraculously! After several attempts to deactivate it, I finally succeeded. This time I also deactivated my account. Because if there is no account it cannot be reactivated. WARNING: Be aware of Zoosk's unethical and criminal practices!

I signed up with Zoosk and it worked for awhile. Then my account was hacked by some guy named Davis. I complained and they would write me back and call me Davis. I told them that I WAS NOT DAVIS and that Davis was hacking my account. So they canceled my subscription and asked me if I wanted to re-sign up and PAY THEM AGAIN. THEY SHOULD BE SHUT DOWN AND FINED!!!

Maybe it's coincidence, but I have never met such a bunch of rude ** as when going on dates from this site--I'm gay, it was a "guy to guy" match. One in particular has made me stay away from dating probably forever. These sites, Zoosk included, are just another way to rip off the pathetic public.

Just signed on for 3 months to Zoosk. A person could wear out 'puter' mouse on this site. Shows me men who are interested in me and gives me the options of "Yes/No/Maybe". All well and good if I could figure out how to search their profiles and read up on them. Again as with ALL personals sites. Why is not a sufficient amount of basic data required to be completed. As in: Status (married/separated, divorced, widowed, etc). I'd like to see political preference in a person. Also what a person is seeking would be great - Friendship, Companionship, Marriage "what??"

I am beating a dead horse here and I know it. But of ALL the sites I've been on, Zoosk is the worst and because I live in Washington State had to pay damn sales tax for this crappy site. I'll endure the 3 month and never go back and certainly would NEVER recommend such a disjointed personals site. PS having to pay to see if someone reads a mail is ludicrous. Will give MATCH credit for not charging for that.

In my experience with Zoosk, I find that I will notifications that I have received a message from someone that I looked at, or especially someone that I have messaged. Of course, everyone wants to read their message, so I paid to be able to do this, only to find that every time I receive notification of a message, it is only an automated response, and not a message from this person. And this happens invariably. I think they trick people into thinking they have a real message, when it is only an automated response. An automated response is automatically generated every time you message someone who is not a paid member. The problem with Zoosk is, there is no way to know who is paid so you can communicate with them, and who is not paid, so that you will only receive an automated response.

I had an account back in 2016 and was charge on my card and one day I could no longer log on. I emailed several times no answer, so dumb me I subscribe again since I was chatting with a couple of ladies and learning about them and then again just before January 2017 I could not log on again and I had just paid more money for other services and now again I cannot log on so I emailed again several times and I said crap and I found reviews online how great this site was which lead me to facebook and once I posted that they took my money and will not answer emails when I try getting on it says admin has blocked me but no one has offered my money back. So I say it is the worst site I have tried in the last 2 years and they are stealing.

Understanding that I do not and have never made the first approach to contacting men... then I get notices from men in Zoosk thanking me for contacting them. I do not like companies that are deceptive and Zoosk is right up there with the worst of them! Additionally, Zoosk overcharged me by over $400.00 (stole from me)! The government really should shut them down!

When looking for a dating site to meet local women, I came across (ZOOSK, DATE WITH CONFIDENCE WEBSITE)!!! After guided to fill in my information, and hitting enter. I went and hurriedly took a shower. A short time later, I peered nervously at the answer to being on a desert island alone for years and saw where I had saved with 2 dozen awesome replies from all these gorgeous excited women interested just in me. When I attempted to check my messages, I was redirected and told I needed to subscribe to the site before I would be allowed to read all the wonderful replies from all 2 dozen beautiful lonely women just waiting for a man of my caliber and all of my wonderful everything to get in touch with them. (I exaggerate, but I'm sure everyone who has been on ZOOSK or dealt with these horrible, lying people know exactly where I'm coming from).

So in great wonder, I signed up for 1 month of service so I could get straight into all these wonderful darling women chomping at the bit with great anticipation of me answering their messages to me. After putting all my information in, and with trembling hands, slide my jerking mouse towards the little bell in the right-hand corner of the screen, ringing loudly in my fevered brain, picturing all 2 dozen of the wonderfully perfect beauties just waiting for me on the other side of this little bell. Then in a fevered state of hormones, and nearly clawing my eyes out trying to get the little arrow to that damn bell!!! (THEN CLICK). What was this?? Your wink is appreciated? What wink?

I DIDN'T SEND ANYONE A WINK!!! I didn't do anything like that or even get the chance to. What we are dealing with here is a bunch of lying, cheating, outfit ripping everyone off who is on here. To everyone who can read my review of ZOOSK DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME AND MONEY ON THIS CS OUTFIT. You have seen what I went thru for love, and the horrible disappointments of all 2 dozen fictitious beauties just waiting on me to ring that hateful little bell!! Don't waste your time on this site guys. I honestly have doubts there are even real women even on there. I do hope I have enlightened some of you about ZOOSK.

I have been hacked!!! My account was being used by someone named Katrin **. She sent messages to my contacts and was able to get my email address. Please don't use sites like this as they are unsafe. I DID really want to meet someone but well... Cost was way too much.

I baited up my profile with a few of my fishing and bodybuilding pictures and used the free featured Zoosk to view and this service allows that you can either/or "add" or "Wink" regarding the pictures and bios you are viewing. I went at this for about a week always adding and or winking to the pictures I found favorable. I received a bunch of responsive "chat" messages and "views" - however - being leery I researched this site and found all of the dis-enchanted Zoosk customers and their horror stories. Glad I did because I was really close to getting conned by this site.

Anyway one thing that I can add to all of these stories is that, as I mentioned, I kept "adding" and "winking" all of the girls I even remotely liked until today the site - guess what? - yes would not let me add and wink anymore without subscribing!! So they have eyes on everyone that is cycling through that site and it is my guess they are playing everyone like a bass fiddle by manipulating the responses you are receiving. They are playing the odds and know they will not fleece everyone but they know that they will con the uninformed and the weak. They almost got me.

I joined Zoosk and actually did converse with a number of people. What I found however, was that simply logging in set in motion notices to others that I was viewing and/or requesting a chat from them. Not the case. I also had similar experiences in that there were a number of "messages" in my Inbox when there were not, and Zoosk also counts a wink as a message. I canceled my subscription and still getting notices from the company. Have tried every which way to delete my account, but have come to the conclusion that every move is monitored and controlled so I really don't have say over my profile - which is still out there. I removed all information and photos and who knew? Even with NO INFORMATION there are a number of people wanting meet me. Interesting. I think that's what we sign up for in the small print... Disappointing as a business model. I won't be back and I will tell others.

Spent $29.95 for one month. I lost count of the women I "tried" to chat with!! Zero, responses, after 3 weeks finally got a response from a woman, who was only checking her messages??? Tried changing my profile 5 times and Zoosk, "deleted" it??? Maybe it was because a comment I put in my profile about how woman don't respond to chats or how many Phony ads or scammers were on there!!! STAY THE HELL FROM ZOOSK and THOSE OTHER USELESS "Dating" sites. You are better off going to the grocery store or Home Depot or Lowe's.

In October of this year, I as I assumed deactivated my account due to the lack of quality guys emailing me. However, a couple of days ago received an email from Zoosk indicating my account has been reactivated. So, essentially Zoosk took it upon themselves to reactivate my account without my consent and/or approval. Not sure what type of misleading practices they're running but wow, didn't know they can falsely reopen one's account whom permanently discontinued membership as a result of seedy characters on their site. The other day, I emailed CS explaining my plight, and of course those clowns did not respond. So, in the interim, I have to deactivate my account for the second time?? Is this the norm, having to deactivate every two months because Zoosk take it upon themselves to activate your account solely on their own pretenses??? Very disingenuous site...

Zoosk Company Profile