1.21/5
  • 1 star
Based on 106 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Dec. 4, 2017

212 Zoosk Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

I have been a member on Zoosk 2x in the last 18 months. The first membership would email another member and would hear nothing back, which I thought was odd. This time I would email a member and ask them if they had sent me the message saying they were interested. The ones I did hear from said no they hadn’t made the contact. They are just after high enrolment = financial gain.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

I'm surprised the Government lets them operate this way. I'm not even getting suckered in to pay for this site. I kind of thought something was off and then I read all these reviews that are horrible. OkCupid is free, POF is free. Deleting Zoosk app and profile. Zoosk has a nice platform but it's worthless to me if you can't even actually meet up with someone or send messages. What's the point? Out of 98 People that are supposedly into me as a free member, I can actually message 3 that are paid members I'm guessing. I spoke to each one but I'm not interested. Site is apparently a scam.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Dec. 2, 2017

Zoosk was the first dating site I joined online. I barely got any feedback, then after about a week or so I get a message from Zoosk telling me that I'm not popular! Way to make me feel good about myself guys! At that moment I canceled my account & signed up for Match. Where I did much much better. I've been off Match now for nearly a year because my current boyfriend picked me out in person. And we're planning our future together. ** you Zoosk!

Original review: Dec. 2, 2017

Absolute garbage. If you join this group you might as well just take a lighter to your cash!!! You must remember they don't want you to leave cause when you do their cash tap gets turned off. I've been a member for about 4 months and after many many tries at responding to people I get it. If you actually believe you're going to find someone here I suggest you get off the glue. They hold the reins and if you find someone you want to correspond with that means their cash tap is closing. This is a business and like all other businesses they don't want to see you stop emptying your wallet with them. Plain and simple all correspondence goes through them and they decide what makes it through to your prospective partner. If it looks like you’re going to make a real connection and stop filling up their bank account your message doesn't make it through. They give a rat’s ass whether you actually meet anyone as long as you’re giving them cash.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

This site is terrible, when you use the search option it shows you people that haven't even been on the site in years, guess that makes it look like a lot of users currently using the site but there isn't, also you will get fake messages before you upgrade, to answer or even see a message you need to be a paid member and before you are a paid member it will say you have messages but once you do become a paid member and read and then respond to messages you will never get a response because they are all fake. This site is a complete ripoff. STAY AWAY.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zoosk?

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

Says you can’t message unless you’re a paying member right. So you join and soon have messages from people that you can’t read unless you pay. So you pay, and the messages you got are merely ♥️ from nonpaying members. And they can’t respond if you wanna message because they’re not actually paying members. And you can’t tell who is a paying member and who isn’t! I saw a friend of mine who passed away seven years ago! As one of my matches I should contact! Seriously? It’s a bait and switch scam and they only give you a 50% refund when you complain.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

Dating site... says free. However, if anybody wants to meet you or sends a message, you cannot retrieve it until you pay up with your credit card. I do not want to give these companies my credit card. Do not say you are free. That is false advertising. Never again!

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

Someone compromised my debit card & set up an acct on this dating site. I had the card stopped & when I went to use it after stopping it my transaction did not go thru' so I know that the card is not working. I cut up the card because I no longer could use it & got a new one. For months now I have tried to get this settled as they somehow got access to my checking acct & continue to charge me for their service each month although I was assured the 1st time I spoke with them that it would NEVER happen again.

It's still going on & since I can't give them the card # that was used they say there is nothing they can do to stop it. I cut up the old one & threw it away. Give me a break! I have taken this up with my bank also. My next step now is contacting the attorney general of Mo to get this resolved. They did reimburse me on some of the transactions but continue to do this monthly although they said they wouldn't. I am not happy & would NEVER use their dating website. I'm 70 & don't need this added stress of trying to live on a fixed income to begin with.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

Upgraded the membership $. Three fake calls, false profiles and a lot of the local profiles are women who created them then found out "it's not free." Customer service sucks and you might get 40% refunded once you realize it's mostly money making **!

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

I asked Zoosk what happens if the other person is not a member... Can they respond... They respond in a form letter. Same response each time. I asked 4 different times the same question. Each time the same letter was sent back. Never answered my question. I am not a member yet. Free member. I have not paid yet. But wanted to. Good thing I waited.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

The second day I was on Zoosk, I got a few messages which I responded to. Nothing spectacular, but something. I have sent a few brief messages but get no response whatsoever. I'm wondering if the individuals Zoosk tells me are viewing my profile are really looking at it! I don't know, I signed up for only 1 month. We'll see how it turns out.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

I was on this website 4 years ago. Decided to see if it changed any. It has gotten worse. 100 views the first 2 weeks by people who did NOT view me. I wrote to these so called "views" and asked them. The majority said no they had not viewed me. Every one of my pics had to be verified as did my profile yet the site is full of scammers. They keep sending you auto generated "views" to keep you resubscribing. Save your money. Plenty of Fish is free. As with any dating site, you have to be a bit savvy to weed out the scammers. Never again will I join this site. It is by far the biggest rip off out there!

Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

Over 3 months on this site and I scammers are come and gone. I have an old profile on it almost a year old showing that I discontinued in the first 30 days. A friend suggested trying it again after 8 months and how great all the selection was available. Features are antiquated, replies are limited and have yet to meet anyone in person. Have talked to several who I eliminated after the first call. Everything is a upsell so your basic $75 buys you almost nothing. Then you click on someone interesting and pay another monthly fee to communicate with those we are not paying members. I would bet that half or more a NOT paying members so you cannot connect unless you pay another monthly billed for 6 months. I have done far better on Adam4Adam Free.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

I feel like this is a waste of my time and money cause I get all these views and whenever I like or send someone message I never get a response and I have a lot of patience. But this is a joke and about to cancel my subscription unless I start talking to people. Until then one star cause this is a joke and when I do cancel I will be sure to tell everyone I know that you guys are nothing but a joke.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

I vowed not to pay for any services from ANY of the dating sites, but like a jerk, I got caught out there. Paid the monthly charge in order to communicate with any of the women that I was attracted. No reply. Left my phone number in the message area. No reply. Max out the Daily Carousel feature with 40 positive hits. Picked the options to see more of the profile for 30 coins and it just turns grey and you lose the 30 coins. It generates woman from over 100 miles away. I DIDN'T REQUEST THIS! I personally bookmarked on my calendar 3 days before the automatic renewal kicks in, so this subscription can be cancelled. Do not waste your time!!!

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

I have been on Zoosk for probably 6 months now and, wow, what an experience. In the beginning, I received a 100 views a day for probably a month or until time I cycled in all the various carousel rotations. Unlike most of the reviews, I have had several positive interactions with meeting a few ladies and talking to many over the phone. I thought this was going to be a great site to meet someone finally then the quality started falling off.

I described what I was looking for and a barrage of nonsense starting coming my way. I was getting visits from 1500 miles away, smokers, tokers and way too many jokers were showing up all the time, then the fake members - oh yes as many as 12 in a row which is now the record for me. I would block and hit the drop down that said fake member and they would just show up again under another number and their age would change. Oh and the age of these fake members was too funny with these gorgeous babes being 62 or 68 years old and I would just say to myself... “Yeah, that sounds about right.” - GEEZ REALLY!

I answered their survey and told them how I would fix the site and it must’ve pissed them off as I get an easy 15 to 20 fake ones a day now so I write in the box - wow you guys are really trying hard to find these fake members and boy that overtime is really paying off then I get 3 or more fake ones in a row so something is interacting - lol hah.

So here is the BIGGIE for the folks that do not yet know this about this site and probably others I would say... when they wrote the algorithms for the site, it is done in a VERY deceptive way. Let’s say that you and I are on our end of things at laptop A and the girl is on laptop B... if I do not want to see this girl again I would delete her but at her end laptop B... she would see my picture magically show up which is the exact same time you deleted her. So when she is deleted at my end, my picture shows up at her end and she really thinks I am hot for her when it is the exact opposite! The ONLY way out is to block them. I have blocked a bunch to only show up later and THAT is total lack of integrity to not protect my choices. This company is a shill and a total disgrace built on a deceptive vehicle to begin with so EVERYTHING after that just lowers this companies morals lower than a manhole cover.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

Do not sign up with Zoosk unless you would like to date the worst of the worst. The type of people on Zoosk have no class - no pictures. The site is a scam. You are viewed by hundreds. Really? And I got roughly 10 messages. I don't think so. If you want to meet a flake join. Otherwise, save yourself and just don't.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2017

I received well over 100 profile visits with the photos showing a text number or email address that was not in the area code of the person. As a subscriber everything written requires approval, and yet these fake profiles are accepted. I have witnessed profiles switching out. Where an alleged member’s picture suddenly changes to someone else's photo. I was a 3-month subscriber and messaged in excess of 30 women I had interest in talking with. Not one responded! Yet I would receive numerous views previous to the message and suddenly the views would stop. I can't tell you how many other things were contriving fraudulence on the part of Zoosk. I have screenshots and video evidence of all of this. I can't believe many of you are willing to stand for this. With so many feeling they have been cheated why not a class action lawsuit. If there is a lawyer out there please contact me at **.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

Do not do business with this company, they don't close the account when you ask them to, you pay them and they don't give you an account. They won't let you speak to a supervisor, customer service does not understand or communicate well at all. They don't call you back when they say they are. They literally take your money like a thief.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

My intentions when signing up with this dating site was to meet interesting men. So I subscribed for three months. (Big mistake). I learned after three days that these men were not serious... IF THEY ARE REAL. The quality of men on the site are disgusting. First of all, their questions are ridiculous and no one responds to you. Yes, they (Zoosk) send emails that a lot of men had viewed me; some wants to meet me, what happens? NOTHING. This is a pure RIPOFF. Save your money!

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

Zoosk is a total scam and ripoff! DO NOT SIGN UP FOR THIS SITE!!! I signed up and initially had many matches, but they weren't anything I was looking for. The matches got progressively worse and no one ever answered my messages. I finally canceled my subscription, which was a total pain, even after looking up how to do it, but they continue to charge my credit card. I can't find any contact information for the company whatsoever, what a surprise! I finally had to just change my credit card number on the site to a bogus number and I changed my profile to reflect how dissatisfied I am. DO NOT sign up for this site! They will only take your money and not give you anything in return!

Original review: Sept. 23, 2017

Have to say I was very cautious about joining, after reading some of the bad reviews. The carousel and smart picks etc are so annoying and I think they generated views and matches, and likes and smiles etc, from just throwing up profiles that you have to swipe, yes, or no to find your way out of. It's also frustrating that there is no search criteria in miles and I receive messages from people hundreds of miles away. Also no way of limiting the emails they send you to just messages received, instead all the hearts, views and smiles.

Been on the site about 2 weeks and I think that the profiles are genuine, managed to talk to a few on what's up, phones calls etc. Of course I still have to see if they are genuine people, but that wouldn't be Zoosk's fault. Some of the better-looking ones haven't contacted me, but I guess that's because they don't fancy me. The photo verification helps keep the scammers out, I think. So overall Zoosk need to clean up their site, one should be able to join for a shorter period without the price hike, to see if the site suits them. I'm keeping my fingers crossed I can meet someone special soon.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2017

I thought I was going to meet some people and I decided to join for $ 29.95 a month, so I sent "Hellos" and up to this day NO ONE!! Has ever replied to any of my messages, and the app keeps sending me notifications that this one and that one viewed me, and that someone wants to meet me, but no one replies, and this app keeps asking me to update to get better replies in no time with a low $ 9.95 a month more, so what a RIPOFF this app is, I tried to call the number but all I got were a machine...

Original review: Sept. 12, 2017

12/9/2017 I had been hesitating for two weeks over Zoosk but I kept getting 'messages'. I decided that this could not be a bad thing. Or, at least, it couldn't be a scam. So I signed up. $34.95. I was more concerned about being able to cancel because of their roll-on policy of charging until I cancel. Back to the messages. With so many, well 8 at last count and photos I thought these people are genuine. So I paid and opened the messages and each one was exactly the same. A computer generated message activated with a click.

I replied to their 'messages'. Kept it simple. Avoided being obnoxious, I think. "Hi. My name is... I work in the city as a... Just finished at the gym (ie I like to keep fit) and now having a quiet beer." And that was hours ago and not a single reply. Now, I'm ok if a person isn't interested. That's fine. But really is that the case here; 8 messages I pay, I reply then suddenly nothing? I feel cheated. And then there is the mystery that is buy 'coins'. What is that about? Thanks for listening.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2017

I ran across an article on Facebook which had Zoosk as the top dating site. I should have dug deeper and would have probably found Zoosk wrote the piece. I sure wish I had read these previous reviews before signing up. I can't even find a way to contact them; it must be out there as others have said they talked to customer service. I'm only a few weeks into this but first, the site is very confusing. You don't know what certain buttons really mean and there is no tracking of who you have sent messages to. I've sent around 8 messages and have heard from no one. Strange to me! And many of the picks they send me are over 100 miles away. Don't join.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

I keep getting notifications that the same women have viewed me repeatedly and some are much younger than the age group I am searching in. I always ask if in fact they have viewed me and the ones who were kind enough to answer said no. I asked Zoosk as well for an explanation on this and this is what they said, "Views can be generated when other members interact with any information on your dating profile. This can include your photos or dating profile information (Story, Perfect match, Ideal date, etc.). Because search results and views list include your primary profile photo, cycling through these lists can generate views, but is only intended to inform you that a portion of your profile has been viewed."

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

My review will be the same as every other review on here. Zoosk = COMPLETE AND TOTAL SCAM. If you like throwing your money away, this site is perfect for you. I was looking through some pics and clicked on a very attractive blond girl. She claimed she had an advanced degree but her grammar was PITIFUL. For "Ideal date" she wrote "idk. I still learn to date." She spelled "myself" as "my self" (two words). In the "about me" section she wrote "i'm not looking for a sugar daddy I just look for a man what believe in God and is financial stable."

It was a very suspicious profile. Most likely some ** found her pics on another site and uploaded them to a scam profile. Of the women I wrote to or was interested in NOT ONE ever responded. I've been told lots of times that I look just like Triple H, so it's odd why I got Zero responses. The women that did send me messages or wanted to meet were, let’s just say, not very easy on the eyes. I know that sounds wrong but physical attraction is a must. Also you have to pay before you can even see the profile of someone who wrote to you and then, if you respond to them, you have to purchase coins to see if they read your message. TOTAL SCAM. I give it one star because there's no option for zero stars.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2017

I signed up as a dare from a friend of mine. I've been on it a week, sent out multiple contacts & received nothing but scripted responses in return. It resembles a pyramid financial scheme where you must pay extra for each additional BASIC communication response. Don't do it. Check out other reviews & they'll say the same. Be sure to call your bank to BLOCK auto deductions/transfers etc. It's a ripoff that takes full advantage of the lonely & gullible. I give it a 1 star only because there isn't anything lower.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2017

I receive upwards of 50 profiles every day that apparently viewed me. The problem here is that 99% of the profiles are the same ones day after day. I sent out messages to several of these women. I got 3 responses that were identical. "It's the Zoosk computer, not me." It is impossible to tell which profiles are legit and which ones are not. In conclusion Zoosk is nothing more than a scam like hundreds of other dating websites.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

I hope that this will get to people considering this program. The entire site is a scam. They ask to join, I took out the six month program. As soon as you get to the site they try to sell coins, upgrades, and even want to charge more for the benefit of you knowing if someone actually read your communication. They never stop asking for additional money. Forgetting the money issue, they will show a few very nice looking females in the correct age group when you contact them the possibility of a return email is slight. After a few visits they block you until you put your pic up. I have no interest in putting a picture online. I called their customer service and when I explained the situation they wanted to know why I would not put up a picture. I explained quite clearly that it was none of their business.

I told them that I just wanted my money back and to get off of their site... and this is where the Used Car Model comes into play. They offered to cancel the auto renewal function. I said that I wanted my money back. The guy goes off line to ask his manager. Again, just like a used car dealer. Again I said no. Then they offered to give me 10% back. This went back and forth up to 50%. I ended the issue by informing them that they really didn't have to do anything. I would call my CC company and have their charge removed... and promised to get a few guys from my IT group to spend the rest of the day posting on social media. They gave it all back. This is the only review I am writing. If you are interested in online dating, I would suggest that you go online and read the reviews. Whatever you do, stay away from these scammers.

Zoosk Company Information