3.9/5 (794 ratings)
Find an Online Dating Sites partner
Banner image

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

About Zoosk

Banner image

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

Zoosk Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zoosk?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zoosk?

Original review: Sept. 24, 2022

This is a very messy app, you can't filter who you are looking for, such as age/location. People can just randomly message you without matching first and they charge you for EVERYTHING and no refunds.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2022

You don't get to see where the people live until you press the like or skip function. 75%+ of like choices live more than 100 miles away. Actual choices within my search parameters are few. Too many extra charge functions such as did the person read your message; not part of membership fee. Other examples of same thing. Worst site I have ever tried... even worse than Sxx Sxx.

Get buying tips about Online Dating Sites and Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2022

Very bad experience, it like a group of criminal is sitting and making site like that and rob people. Never recommend it to anybody. The connection between you and the auto party never happens. It’s a bunch of criminals are sitting trying to rob you getting money from your account

Original review: Aug. 27, 2022

In the past two weeks I've gotten 17 emails saying that corvette68, Emily, Kin **, Char, Oleicia, Lina, Hellen and others want to meet me. Not one of these emails has led me to their account. Customer Support is difficult to reach (the link is on their FAQ Page, which is not linked on the website) and got back to me with generic responses that didn't address my specific complaints. What a waste of time.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2022

I wish I would have done more research into this dating site. Also read the review before hand. As other members have mentioned, EVERYTHING is an extra fee beyond your sign up fee. When "trying" to converse with somebody, you usually get 2 messages through and then the other party disappears. Or you get one sentence from the other person and never hear back. I gave my phone number to somebody who wanted to go to a different site to communicate, and he disappeared.

With this many people searching, I only seem to get people looking at my profile that I would never pick (in a million years). Not trying to be disrespectful but it almost seems somebody else is picking "for you". Out of all the people I send a like to (but not a message) almost NOBODY replied. Granted this is not a sure thing, but I would think you'd get a response back at least once in a while. It shows your profile being viewed by the same people over and over again and every 5 minutes. Pretty sketchy. Do your research.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2022

The entire site is wonky. Messages constantly disappear, making other members angry or think you're blowing them off. It creates a lot of discord and misunderstanding and it almost impossible to really connect. People you're talking to just disappear entirely, not sure if these are even real accounts or not. Overall it just appears a waste of time.

Original review: July 22, 2022

I was scammed into paying for this app six month membership. After paying for the app it asks you to buy coins in order to continue to communicate with people. I feel like it is a scam and I am very uncomfortable with it. It is also not easy to use and for the money you pay for the app, the features are not great.

Original review: July 14, 2022

This site is not worth your money. You pay a subscription fee, but that is only the start of your expenses if you want to use any of its features. Someone writes a message to you, you have to upgrade your account to see it. Someone “likes you“, and you have to pay more to see who it is. You find someone you like and you want to send them a message, and you can’t do it without paying an additional fee. You inadvertently “swiped left“, and want to go back. Pay an additional fee to do it. And it’s not just the never ending fees.

The site is very poorly designed. Using their so-called carousel feature, you cycle through endless photos rejecting 99% of them, and the same rejected photos come up every time you use that feature. You engage in a conversation with a member, and then suddenly your ability to do so ceases for inexplicable reasons. Although my stated preference was for women, occasionally guys signal their interest in me. There is simply nothing good I can say about this site. Your subscription fee will be a complete waste of money.

Original review: June 29, 2022

Warning guys!! All the good reviews you see on this site are fake!! They are put up by the people who work at Zoosk!! The pictures on zoosk are not real!! Zoosk employees put up fake pictures and pretend to be the person in the picture!! But really you're talking to a zoosk employees!! They have even gone so far as creating valid Australian numbers so that when you say, "Give me your number. Prove you're real," then you will text them they will respond and then boom they remove the profile that you were just messaging to on zoosk, it disappears then they will stop texting your number or they will do this other strange tactic to make you stop texting them, they will start acting really off. Really rude like they're trying put you off....

I was on zoosk for 6 months and I recognized this pattern that I've just explained... You see, scammers fakes always follow a pattern after a while you can notice it.. What I just explained happened at least 7 times in a row, they give your number then text it - get a response - then the zoosk profile you were messaging disappears, then you will be ignored through texts, or they will be really rude or just ignore you.. The profiles you're messaging are zoosk employees and the numbers they give you are zoosk employee numbers.

Original review: June 14, 2022

Three times I paid money for a Zoosk subscription. Once in March 2021, in November 2021, and April 2022. All in all, I connected & met ONE lady, 65 miles from my home in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. As of June 2022, I am repeatedly contacting Zoosk support to get details for the way I can, again, cancel my subscription, and have the remaining money I paid, refunded. I have emailed Zoosk support 7 times over 1 month. No response so far.

My experiences... Zoosk is all about 'viewing' profiles. You view women, they view you. It's a circular dance that just doesn't stop. If I view Brenda, she gets a notice that I viewed her. It's likely she will then view me. I'll get a notice that she viewed my profile. Because the 'Search' aspect of Zoosk essentially views profiles and notifies the profile owner, this gives rise to the same circular viewing cycle. I have given up viewing anybody. Currently there are 35 views pending for me to look at. I won't. Because it just feeds the spiral.

'Carousel' is similar to 'Searching'. But it is not (to my awareness) constrained by my selected 'Search' parameters. Thus, if I have set up a limit of 50 miles 'Search' area, when I participate in the 'Carousel' feature, it is certain I will be offered women much further than 50 miles away. They get a view and a notice, then they (likely) view me. I get a notice via email. The cycle begins again.

'Carousel' presents (added to the person's photo) the age of the woman, but not the LOCATION. This is highly frustrating. A woman may be ideal in age-range and physical appearance, but she may live 315 miles away. The only way to discover the distance, is to tag the 'Carousel' person-of-the-moment as "Maybe I want to meet" or "Yes, I want to meet", which makes it a 'View', and the person gets an email notice. The perpetual viewing cycle begins.

'Connections' is a sort of holding area for profiles I might send a 'Like' or message to. Sort of a bookmark mechanism. It is also a bit quicker way to access the messaging aspect of Zoosk. If nothing comes of a connection, it can be deleted. The instant messaging/chat aspect of Zoosk is marginally responsive. Far better in my opinion is, one example, Facebook messenger.

When one views profile pictures - especially using the 'View' or 'Carousel' aspect of Zoosk, the age of the person is shown in WHITE letters in the lower-left corner of the picture. Often - depending what the individual is wearing in the picture - it can be near-impossible to see the "Age: 55" text in the lower-left corner. The various Zoosk subscription plans are consistent with other "meet people/dating" website. When a subscriber is notified by email of a 'View' or other trigger, there is advertising embedded in the email.

Occasionally, and not seldom, Zoosk will send an email saying "We've selected 10 ladies you might want to meet". This is a bald-face temptation to sign-in, and start viewing prospects. Once that's done, the viewing cycle starts up. I've seen a considerable number of profiles that are very likely 'dead' or abandoned. Because Zoosk gives NO INDICATION when a profile user was last signed-in to the system, there's no way of knowing how stale a profile might be.

Obviously, your mileage may vary from what I describe. My overall assessment of Zoosk is, it is barely worth the investment. Because its subscription plans are more economical than big-name similar services, it's easy to be enticed to subscribe, to save money. I strongly suggest people who live in smaller towns, more rural locations, the odds are stacked heavily against you. Statistically, not many singles in or near your rural location will have subscribed.

Zoosk Company Information