2.65/5

465 Zoosk Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 21, 2019

Really doesn't deserve one star. See the review from Melissa from OR below - she spelled it out clearly. Horrible to navigate. Its touted "Smart" technology has consistently matched me with shorter men who live at least 2 hours or 2 states away - despite that I state clearly what I'm looking for in my profile and have consistently given the thumbs down to these guys everyday for 4 months. My son could do a better job programming and he's an accounting major. AT LEAST 50% of people who contact you are scammers that are so transparent a 3 yr old could pick them off just from their profile. The rest are the SAME people, OVER AND OVER. It's like Groundhog's Day - only more time consuming and you're paying for it. Their daily suggestions are all good looking - same people everyday - that are clearly PLANTS. I could go on. Just DON'T. They are all awful but this one is the worst.

Original review: July 19, 2019

This has been a horrible experience for me. In just 4 months of use I was approached by no fewer than 4 catfish scammers; I know this because I found word-for-word identical emails online that were put there by others that had been scammed. One scammer forgot the name of his "only" daughter and referred to her by a different name in a later email; another I found on Facebook with the exact same "studio perfect" photograph of himself, but under a differently-spelled last name.

My account was also hacked, so clearly security is terrible. I deactivated the account and canceled the gmail account I was using to protect my security. Yet, after deactivating the account months ago, I have just been auto-billed for another six months' subscription. Every time I go to deactivate the account it says its's deactivated, but when I go to it, it still opens and says "active". The account is supposed to be wiped, so it shouldn't even exist anymore, yet there it is, active. I don't know how to get them to stop charging me since I can't find a phone number for a human, and the Help messaging function uses the gmail address associated with the account, but I canceled that gmail address due to security issues, so it doesn't exist. Horrible, horrible, horrible experience. If anyone has ideas how I can get myself out of this terrible company's clutches, I'd love to hear them.

Get expert buying tips about Online Dating Sites and Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 17, 2019

First off, I can see a whole bunch of real people's profiles which is far better than other sites. There are some I would undoubtedly date but it involves distance which I'd consider but it would be off the table for them. I live outside a tiny teenie town in Montana. I'm established there. I see it's expensive. I know a thing or two about how these sites stir things up with their user base. The users themselves aren't as active as the site simulates user activity. The coin system is always a rip. I don't trust these offshore high risk credit processors either YMMV.

Original review: July 17, 2019

OMG Your account gets hacked all the time even though you have a 50 character password protection. You can log into your account from one device BUT not your phone. You change your password and verify it TWICE on the site. Then you log out and try and log back in and it says SORRY wrong password. Your account password gets HACKED straight away. The admin is shady. Probably hacking everyone's account. BE careful. It's just bad security. Someone needs to get Zoosk to pull their socks up on their security or fire the dodgy workers who overtake your account for hacking reason.

Original review: July 16, 2019

Wow. Took my money. Wanted more. Zero reply. Very bad. Waste of time. Countless emails to me, with zero reply, it's a scam, just kept deleting crap from this scam business. Still want me on their register until 2020. Keep away. Heard about this on the ABC interview & joined. Can't believe it, ABC advertises scams. Should be shut down. Letting a lot of people down, who have hope to meet someone. Terrible. If I had done my research online I would have not been involved. Wow. Scam and a half. Keep away.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zoosk?

Original review: July 15, 2019

I am COMPLETELY frustrated with Zoosk!! I paid the subscription. Zoosk will give you "SmartPicks," once per day (compatible partners). You only have the choice to like or not like the SmartPick. The other person has 24 hours to reply to you. Zoosk doesn't even allow you to view your SmartPicks (Matches), or even reply to them!!! I have loved several guys profiles within the past month, that have been my matches... Once I like them- I can't even locate them again!! So I paid a subscription for people that I match with, but I can't even send a message to or locate. It's the stupidest dating site I've ever seen or known of. Such a waste of money and time. I have people all over the US messaging me, that have no common interests. Absolutely ridiculous. Why can't I even access my matches when I want??

Original review: July 14, 2019

I've been on Zoosk on and off and recently signed up again for 3 more months. My overall experience has been negative. I went on a couple dates with maybe 2 guys and they went nowhere. The Carousel thing is a sham. You express interest in people you like on a solely shallow basis. There is no info whatsoever about them, only their age and name. Then once you "like" them, you find out they live hundreds of miles away. That's fine if you're into long-distance relationships, but I've had only bad experiences with them so it's not for me. I've even stated in my profile that I can't do long-distance relationships, yet I get guys from more than 100 miles away contacting me. I also get guys who don't speak English contacting me. Seems like a real waste. Once my three months are up I'm gone.

Original review: July 8, 2019

I signed up on a whim with Zoosk. I cancelled almost immediately because I realized what a sham the whole thing is. The only ones who contacted me were too far away to be reasonable for dates, and they wanted personal info right away. RED FLAG!!! Needless, to say I did not give out any info to these people, who claimed to be men with advanced college degrees and yet could not write a simple sentence. They wrote as though English was not their first language. Another RED FLAG!! One guy was in TX he said, yet he was willing to fly to Alabama to meet me after one conversation on the site. Another GIANT RED FLAG!!!! I tried another online site and it was just as rotten. This site is nothing more than a scam. Online dating appears to be just a sham, people out for your money. Please beware!

Original review: July 8, 2019

This is a complete waste of money, the replies are generic, and many of the profiles are similar. You have no way of knowing if you're messaging paid or unpaid members (who can't respond), unless you pay another substantial fee. There are free options on other sites that give you as much as Zoosk's basic membership. Save your money or try another site.

Original review: July 8, 2019

My preference is listed as male looking for a female. They put men's photos on carousel pushing their agenda. Fake profiles non stop with text me numbers. They scrutinize your profile once you pay and change and delete what they want to with no explanation. They have rules about no nudity or children in photos but women can post children and wear bikinis with little coverage. You get hammered with profiles that never respond. Complete waste of money and the ones that do respond are the undatable tattooed toothless haggard misfits.

Zoosk Company Information