Zoosk

Compare Online Dating Websites & Services

Research top Online Dating Websites & Services recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I couldn't get into my profile and sent a message to customer services, which was never replied to. When I magically got into the site after many attempts (this time when responding to an email sent by Zoosk), my profile was empty, and I was no longer subscribed. When I found a phone number, I spoke to a woman who told me my account had been blocked for security reasons, which she refused to give me details on. They verified my identity by asking me to describe my main profile picture and told me I could resubscribe, but I would have to use another card. When I asked why, she said that my original card had been blocked for security reasons. I asked why if one card wasn't safe, why another would be. A person I had been communicating with said when he had gone to my profile, a strange picture of a young woman with an email address on the picture came up, and then he couldn't find me at all.

I believe my account had been hacked, but the Zoosk rep wouldn't confirm that. When I asked to speak to a supervisor, I was told there was no supervisor available and that they don't do callbacks. I was told over and over by their rep that she was telling me all she is permitted to tell me, which was nothing. I confirmed that they refunded my money, but I have yet to get a response to either of the emails I sent inquiring into the matter.

Thought I had met a real Special guy on this site. Seemed credible so we would email back & forth. Got each other's cell numbers so that went on for 24 hours... when he wouldn't answer my question directly I got concerned. I know people in police department so had his background checked with all of his phone numbers, his full name but he would not give me a street address, or name of company where he worked.

He didn't do Facebook but I do so I started investigating myself cause I was falling hard. Checked on his name on Facebook, didn't match the picture at all that was posted on your website, nor the ones he sent me. Police came to the same conclusion either I was being catfished or he stole someone's identity. I pray this doesn't happen to anybody else. Girls be aware cause you will be taken advantage of emotionally like I was. This by the way wasn't the only site. I reported 2 others on 2 different sites... so If the Lord doesn't drop them in my lap I am so done!

What a scam - they seed the board with attractive photographs of fake people who *never* respond to your messages or gifts. You'll get messages from people wanting to chat, but they don't reply even when you are online and immediately respond. Supposedly these people 'like' you and are constantly checking out your profile, but when you expend coins (purchased separately, of course) they haven't read anything. Good grief.

I thought there was a problem with my account so I called customer service - the representative argued with me and was downright rude. Just terrible. Zoosk exists solely to bleed you dry (money, money), and to give you false hope. I really wish CA or the BBB would deal with fraud sites like this - they are a bane to honest and decent folk looking to communicate with others. Don't waste your time or money - I'd completely avoid Zoosk (it's fake) at all costs!

I entered my credit card information for membership for Zoosk and applied for a three month term. I was able to text with two women who I liked and they asked me to send them a message with more information about myself. One even asked me for my contact cell phone number so I texted it. In less than 24 hours the profiles of both of these women had disappeared off the entire site. It's like they never existed. Now I have a subscription for a dating site that is nothing more than a scam. Think I'll call my credit card company and tell them to stop payment.

I initially subscribed as a free member and almost immediately started receiving messages, winks, and a surprising number of views. Of course I had to upgrade to get the details. After spending some time on the site I learned there is no relevance or value as to who viewed you. The site "serves" profiles to you, so views are going to happen whether someone is interested or not. If you do message someone, they can't reply unless they upgrade OR you upgrade your account with an option to ensure they can. The Carousel is also a great disappointment. After viewing over 100 pictures ONLY the "Ideal Match" was rarely someone I would like to meet and of those that I did message, I received no response. How "ideal is that? Experiences with the daily "smart pics" are similar.

The Zoosk experience was less than satisfactory and it is clear they are in it for the money. Extra money to see if someone has read your message or for virtual gifts where the only real winner is Zoosk. You can even pay more for a "boost" to increase the number of views! I'm not sure how they curate potential partners but there doesn't seem to be any logic to the method. I cancelled my subscription and terminated my account - permanently. As of this writing I haven't received any emails or notices other than confirmation that my account was successfully removed from the site.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zoosk?

Memberships are free. Subscriptions are not. I signed up for a 6 month subscription. I got a very low rate of replies and began to wonder why. Members cannot reply. They cannot even read the messages sent. Yes, I was sending messages to some people who cannot even read them or reply to them!!! (In other words, Zoosk was letting me waste my time sending messages that could not be read unless recipient had a subscription) Only someone with subscription can reply UNLESS I pay another 9.99/month for "premium messaging." I called Zoosk and ask how many of the advertised number of members were actually subscribers and they would not tell me. Whole experience made me feel Zoosk is very misleading!!! Shame on them!

I don't know how it got on my Safari web data and it won't go away when I clear my data. It seems like it planted itself in my computer and I asked online with Apple and other tech support and it still wouldn't clear. I think it's illegal because I think they are trying to invade my privacy?? Not sure and I will never sign on with them. I do not trust them. I never had an acct with them.

They post fake accounts that send you fake messages to get you to subscribe. Not cool! I winked at two different women & received the exact same reply from both: "I enjoy winks, but I like messages better.:)" Of course, I didn't see these replies until I paid 30 bucks to join. Now, you're supposed to personalize instant wink replies (I have one), but two people with the EXACT same instant reply (including smiley face)? SCAM!!! I decided to write them back. Astoundingly, one of them wrote me back, but her English was abominable. She told me she was from Europe, so I thought maybe she'd only been here in the US for a little while. Then, she said she'd been here for 16 years. Then, she said she was seeing someone, but was on Zoosk to meet friends.

Ok, that's fine. She was the first one to bring up meeting. When I asked her when, her profile disappeared!!! I now think this was a Zoosk employee who was writing me the 2 weeks. Who does that? How misleading and disheartening. Be wary of purchasing coins. If you don't select the option not to, they will automatically charge your card when your coins dwindle to a certain number. It's often hard to find good folks to date... Zoosk and other sites know this, so they prey on people like us. DON'T LET THEM! I even wrote to them about fake profiles, no response (shocking lol).

I have tried canceling the service deleted and disabled Zoosk from my email but I am still receiving potential dating requests to hook up. This needs to stop ASAP. Zoosk is doing absolutely nothing about it. It is causing concerns in my marriage.

I have tried to sign up with Zoosk twice. Both times I specifically checked off "woman looking for a man". Both times they matched me with women. The first time I contacted customer service & received no response, so I deactivated my account. That was about 6 months ago. I gave it another try & the same thing happened! Once, again I contacted customer service & received no response but continued to be sent profiles of women. I have deactivated my account & will never have anything to do with them again! Horrible Experience!

I hesitated to subscribe to Zoosk but it came up as the number 1 dating site so I did it. The matches that were sent were much further than the 20 miles I used as a parameter. Also, the guys were way older than I indicated for my interest. The site is not easy to navigate and there's always a glitch in being able to open the pic of a smartmatch. When I called to ask for a refund because the matches did not meet the parameters I established on the site, the rep said that there are no refunds. So, I lost my $30.00 and learned a lesson. I'll just find other venues because these dating sites are just not worth it. Don't Do It!

They reactivated my subscription after I unsubscribed and debited my MC card without my authorization. Stay away from them. It's all a scam. The worst though, what they did almost ruined my relationship with my fiance. She thought I was playing around. These people are not in the business of hooking up couples. They are preying on singles and trying to milk them to the very maximum. I didn't meet my fiance through this website. I met her on another website that's FREE.

I can sum my experience with Zoosk in a nutshell. They suck! Try as I might, I can't delete my account. They edited my about me because I said I was leaving the site. They also blocked access to messages I had to pay an upcharge for. Go somewhere else.

Shocking poor customer service, poorly written Android App, Expensive as on top of membership fee they bombard you with adverts to upgrade even further and buy very expensive coins to promote your profile and you even need to pay to see who likes you! Avoid! I found a friend's profile on there whom left the site 8 years ago, no cleaning of their profiles at all so they can boost their statistics.

I was on Zoosk 18 months. Tried communicating with many woman who supposedly liked me and wanted to meet me. Never got any real communications. I was 6 month subscriber and they automatically renewed my account. What I noticed was several of the communications would start normally and end abruptly. Just dropped. Made me suspicious so I started to look at reviews and found all these complaints equal to mine. I suggest that most of the people on there are not real. And if you do not upgrade to their premium service or use their coin system to be sure your message is delivered you may get your feelings hurt by not receiving at least a reply. I would not recommend this site for serious relationship seekers. Another unhappy camper.

I subscribe with Zoosk. Paid for 3 months $84.94 and had no date. To be there for me was terrible experience. For this money you can go on search, carousel and messages. For 2 and a half months on search I could see 50 ugly fat men, repeating everyday the same men. If they added some new profiles, they were members without subscription that I couldn't not send messages. Most my messages were not delivered and replies to my messages were automated Zoosk messages.

The same with carousel, there were only 30 ugly man repeating few times on the same round. If they added new profiles they were from far away, 500km and more. All the time asking to pay for boost, prime messaging, etc. When I send them message and asked them they did stop showing me on search and other carousel. Every 3 months will cost you $300 minimum and you will not find date because the messages are disappearing. Zoosk is playing games with you and you will never find what you are looking for. So for almost 3 months I didn't found one date.

I got lucky and used it back in 2011 & 2012 when they weren't an anal as they are now. Today, if you write anything along the lines of how someone can meet you through another place, they immediately remove it. My sister used the site a few weeks ago to try it out as a non-paid member. She included that in her profile, that she was not a paid subscriber and they deleted that part of profile! What is the harm if that is mentioned anyways? She figured she would somehow let guys know that she couldn't read any messages and that she was just trying it out. She was being bombarded with chat requests, winks, and messages.

Back in FEB 2012, when I used it, I came across one profile that caught my attention. It was not a paid member's profile. Inside of this guy's profile, he cryptically included his email. I messaged him. Long story short, we got together right away, have been together for 4 years now and have a three-year-old son. I read here how some people join and then nothing, no messages, yet non-paid members seem to be swimming in them, so too, my sister can see that the same guys keep viewing her profile every day. Damn, those are some thirsty guys!

I dropped my subscription to Zoosk. However I continue to get emails saying "so and so" wants to meet or something like that. I thought they took my profile off after I dropped the subscription and it disturbs me that they must still have it on there. I cannot sign in to Zoosk for fear it will reactivate my subscription. Help somebody.

Truthfully, I have had mixed results on Zoosk. However, I no longer use the site. I found out that Zoosk will make it appear as though certain people are visiting your page. Some of them several times a day, which gives the impression that the person is interested. As it turns out, in many cases the person has not visited your profile, and is in fact not at all interested. I think that is an egregious example of bad faith on the part of Zoosk toward their customers. The potential for embarrassment and disappointment because of this practice is very high. Zoosk should be ashamed.

It states it is free until you get in and it tries to charge you $80. It's a scam and I wouldn't recommend it to anybody. Then if you purchase it, it takes 29.99 a month out even if you cancel your subscription.

On top of paying the 20$ monthly fee, Zoosk forces you to spend even more money to make the site functional. Can the people you're messaging message you back? Who knows... But you can pay extra to make sure they can!... Want to see a "read" icon on your messages? That is extra for each message. It's ridiculous, its exploitative and it doesn't work. I rarely regret spending money the way I regret paying for a Zoosk membership. Anyone reading this. STAY AWAY from Zoosk... and don't trust articles that are paid to promote the site.

Zoosk is a ripoff, you try to chat and I'm not even sure if the person is getting the message. You will get at most 29$ out of 59$ investment if you want to cancel. Total Money grab, NO one answers the phone for customer service. Dating sites suck! The whole scenario sucks! Zoosk is one of the worst. Hell I'll go back to Match. Also I noticed when I was almost done creating my account BEFORE I payed them, I saw people popping up like they wanted to contact me, then they disappeared. These tactics to entice people to hurry and pay them money in hopes they will not read terms of service. I'm sick of internet sites running charlatan scam games like Zoosk.

I had just renewed my premium subscription about a month ago, but have since gotten an e-mail that my account was suspended and I was locked out. I called customer support to see if I could get a password reset and my account unlocked and they said I would need to recreate my entire profile and get a new e-mail account in order to continue the service. This was unacceptable to me and when I requested they unlock the account or provide a refund, they hung up on me. I have not been able to get through to talk to anyone since. Horrible experience and downright fraud if they took my money and will not provide the service I paid for.

There is a man on Zoosk called Leo **, claiming he is a widower of 5 years, born in Germany, relocated back in Brisbane as his mum was Australian. He claims he is a bronze sculpture working on big projects around the world. Tells you all these lovely things and asks you to get off Zoosk and go via Skype or email... Off to do a project overseas worth $750k... But when he gets to the job in another country he asks you for money for unexpected expenses... He is in his mid 50s... If I could upload a photo I would... But he is a bit baldy and has a grey beard... Kinda a bit old fashioned looking but showers you with compliments.

I was trying to cancel my subscription to Zoosk, but instead they wouldn't allow it until I updated my cc info. AHHH. No, I cancelled cc info for a good reason. I was no longer interested in paying for that service. Another annoying tidbit was their rotation of "suitors" you weren't allow to view their profile, just one pic. Thanks but no thanks. I like being able to read profiles. I was underwhelmed by this site. The Zoosk site is not user-friendly on many levels and I would not recommend.

Being not fond of the Tinder platform, I decided to take a chance on Zoosk and purchased a paid subscription. The platform presented well - consequently I didn't object to paying for what appeared to be a premium service. Over the next month I sent a handful of messages to some ladies that caught my interest. They accepted my request to chat, however I never received any replies back. What I found odd was these same ladies kept viewing my profile almost on a daily basis, but still there was zero interaction. That's okay - as for whatever reason, perhaps they changed their mind.

Given there were zero results for me, I had decided that I was going to end my subscription before the next bill cycle. No problems thus far. Given my profile was getting about 20 views per day, and from a handful of what I would consider eligible dates, I decided to alter the blurb on my profile. I added to it politely that I was looking at closing my subscription within the week and suggested any interested parties make contact before I go, and wished them the best in their search.

This is where I found the service questionable - Zoosk edited this important message from my blurb! The message was reasonable, it had no personal contact details, was polite and non defamatory to the company. The conclusions with the Zoosk service is it is a bit of a cash grab - even though one pays a monthly subscription, they also charge an account set up fee, charge for you to see if your person of interest has read your message, and charge for you to get premium visibility. I am also of the view many of the ladies do not have paid subscriptions, thus limiting their ability to send messages, so effectively being used as 'bait' as such. I beg the question - why would anyone sign up to a dating service if they are unable to communicate with potential dates. I would suggest avoiding this service.

I used the service for three years, cancelled it and after some time, I decided to return. To my surprise, one day, while 'carouseling', I saw a profile with another name, but all my pictures displayed. I complained and thought that they were serious about privacy. Not at all. Now I have been trying to cancel my profile again and they keep me logged as Delinquent, as I removed the payment method (PayPal). And the more shocking is that they returned my old credit card number used 5 years ago. This is a police case. Definitely abuse of ID/personal data usage, fraud, cybercrime, etc. I would not even give them a star. When they notice you are leaving your inbox gets full of messages from the most wonderful guys... Bear in mind!

As many reviews attest, this company is a complete rip off. Yes, I met a couple of people in the first week. Then the fake messages notifications start. Five messages to their "customer support" team later, one response; log out of everything, then log in through Zoosk.com. This of course makes no difference. I changed my profile to include a note that there was no point in anyone interested in my profile in messaging me as Zoosk will not let me access any messages. Zoosk "customer support" emailed within fifteen minutes advising that my new profile had been accepted with minor changes - they took out the message that Zoosk would not allow me to message people. I immediately emailed them back asking why they could respond instantly in this case, but to fix a problem that is in fact the whole point of being on the site doesn't happen. Haven't heard back yet!

There are some tricks to get round them not letting your profile go. Before you end your subscription, change your profile photo to a photo of a shadow or a photo that is not a face, or a blurred picture of a face. Change your birthdate to the earliest date setting on the website birthday selector, you'll end up being eighty or ninety or so. Take out all your personal preferences and profile info, except your initial greeting; change it to make it short - "Hi there" will do. They won't accept the post if you don't. Fill in the age range you are looking for in your profile, advising that you are looking for 25 year olds. Change the region you live in, as far away as you can. They might be able to use your old profile but nobody responded to mine when I did this - after all nobody is going to respond to a profile of a eighty five year old looking for a twenty-five year old!

After a couple of days I realized that this dating service is useless and I wanted to be refunded. First negative sign: they told me that is not possible as you can read in the terms. Therefore I used for 6 months subscriptions where you can send a sort of wink with this tool. I never received a wink back! I don't know who designed this terrible website, but what is the sense to show me people living at 300 miles away. Also there is not interaction with people. If you hope to communicate with someone, there is the function "people online", again showing random people also at 400 miles. Also in this case nobody contact me, neither to say "Hi". I was wondering if 90% of these contacts people are fake. BE CAREFUL TO SIGN A CONTRACT WITH THIS WEBSITE. It's a waste of money.

It is unacceptable for Zoosk to show my profile, but not the fact I cannot chat and am not a paying customer. This leaves people to believe I am IGNORING them, when in fact, I am not. I have tried to update my write up to include, 'Cannot chat', however, they do not allow it. This is a scam/cash grab. Someone should shut them down!

Zoosk Company Profile