Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.61/5

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

Zoosk Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zoosk?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zoosk?

Original review: June 6, 2020

A couple of years ago, I found myself being single again. Eventually I started looking at dating sites, more out of curiosity than looking to find a relationship. I signed up with Zoosk as there a lot of woman locally who use the site. Had a free trial to explore the site and send messages. After the trial period ended, I could still access parts of the site...but like all other dating sites out there...the subscription fees became cost prohibitive.

Fast forward to today and all the "social distancing" that's become a way of life and I'm contemplating maybe biting the bullet for 3 month subscription. Used to be you can meet gals in a bar...when they were open...or in a library...Who uses those anymore?....Nowadays, it's by chance or online dating. Safe I suppose but I like to see who I'm chatting with. In person. Zoosk is good for getting to know someone but I wish they would lower the subscription

cost to a more reasonable, Covid-era price.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2019

Good Dating Site. I have met and dated several different gentleman I met on Zoosk. My only complaint is when you click on the bell which takes you to alerts, if someone has only sent you a heart or smiley face you can not access their profile. You can only choose no, maybe or yes. I would like to access their profile before I chose no, maybe or yes. I would also like to be polite and acknowledge them in the event I am not interested.

Get buying tips about Online Dating Sites and Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2019

I was very hesitant in doing a dating site as I had a horrible experience a year earlier with another site that rhymes with Hatch. I found the quality of men to be better than other sites but did have my share of weirdos. I met my husband the day after i joined and he joined the day prior to me joining. So, we met each other right away; that was October 2017. We were married 2 months ago. He is the best thing that has EVER happened to me (aside from my grandsons).

Original review: Oct. 10, 2019

Conversations and dates I've had with men on Zoosk were very good to excellent matches for me. I felt safe with my dates and they were respectful of my boundaries. Being my favorite, this dating site is no different than the rest in that we have to be very careful about who and how much we choose to trust and who we choose to date. An FBI agent told me that many of the profiles seen on dating apps are not who they appear to be. Both men and women alike have been known to use stock photos or will steal a picture from someone else in order to hide their true identity so their spouses or significant other doesn't find out they're being cheated on.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2019

I have met 2 Long term relationships (women) on Zoosk site. 1 lived on the Jersey shore 1 year 3 months. The other who I am seeing now for almost 1 year lives in Waterbury Ct. I lived with them both. I also had very good luck with just casual dating on this site. I'm very happy with zoosk. I'm 62 retired (male). New Jersey was 67 and a retired school teacher. My current girl is 55 and is a LPN.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2020

I unsubscribed to Zoosk as directed. A few days later, my account was charged again. I do not recommend this dating site. One individual who I had a conversation with, sent a nasty message. Beware!!

Original review: Aug. 10, 2020

I've been on site for about four years. Have met one member in all of that time that just wasn't what we wanted ... Zoosk will ignore your desired mates and send what I think are fake, model like profile pics expressing interest, which is not what I'm searching for thankfully...or sell you their "Boosted" membership. Your profile will appear before anyone else's which I think a waste of money??? More importantly, found out this week that poor members cannot "block" Boosted members at all! You will think they are blocked until they suddenly reappear in your Messages box the very next day. This went on for weeks before I reached out to Zoosk expressing my concerns as I was clearly becoming harassed by a man I was blocking daily...choosing the "harassment" entry as my reason.

Instead of blocking his access to me...which I'm told they can do, they chose to ignore my cry for help to get the extra money he paid for "Boost." I spent over a week sending them screenshots of him per their request...Their answer to my feeling this man was creeping me out? 15 more days on site and 250 coins I guess to buy him a gift???! I cannot believe all of the time I just wasted on formatted email replies with names assigned to them so you think you're connecting with live rep who cares about your privacy and Zoosk's not so reliable reputation. I cancelled. Too weird for me. The matches were so far from my initial " dream" man checklist I have to assume it's due to lack of members as I am not a bad match...just won't settle because they lost members due to stunts like this! I was too lazy to join more reputable site but now's the time! That's if a real person sends me real refund as promised! Keep your money. Try others as I should have done!

Original review: Aug. 7, 2020

I have not used this website in years, I'm in a happy relationship. Yet they still let my information be hacked in January and did not notify me. I found out from a website called you've been pawned. I'm outraged.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2020

Tried to set this up, and was told I had an account already. Had deleted it a couple years ago, but apparently they neglected to delete it, just inactivated it. Then realized, despite other glowing reviews online, you cannot message for free. Or even see who messaged you. Or what they said. So updated my 'story' to reflect that I would not be upgrading because of the untruthful reviews, and they sent me an email saying they had 'approved" my 'story update.' Which is to say, they completely deleted what I had written about not upgrading. Twice. No bad language, not sexually explicit, not violent - but deleted anyway. Bye bye Zoosk!

Original review: Aug. 5, 2020

I signed up as a premium paying member. Quickly learned that most profiles were fake. Zoosk uses not so honest means to get you to think their other members are legit. Trust me. There is more fakes than real. After I answered to one of their fake profiles about my honesty in sharing my thoughts about their dishonesty, they blocked my account, yet they kept my money. Your decision.

Zoosk Company Information