Zoosk

• 3%
  • 6%
  • 78%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zoosk?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zoosk?

Reviewed July 4, 2024

The site does not have the technology to offer a safe space to meet people. With fake profiles, unverified personal information, and bogus pictures to his site offers safe environment for scammers, and great risk for good people. Please share this review.

Reviewed July 1, 2024

Joined by mistake, an error on my part. Tried to stop payments, but still being charged 3 years later. The 888-939-6675 number associated with the withdrawal of my account is not Zoosk, but a Medicare site.

Get buying tips about Online Dating Sites and Services delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Sales & MarketingStaff

Reviewed June 9, 2024

*WARNING* after using the free app and liking profiles you will get replies back to bait you into the paid subscription only to find out you were taken, it was a scam, you will not get any kind of reply back at all from any of them. How they can get away with this is beyond my comprehension. How cruel these people can be to prey on lonely people trying to connect with someone is beyond belief.

PriceStaff

Reviewed May 17, 2024

Less than a week ago I subscribed due to a few “messages” I wanted to respond to so in I go, looking for the best price…there isn’t a best price all options are more beneficial for the company than the customer. I subscribed and well what do you know… NOTHING, no responses, no contact from these so-called interested ladies who want to meet me. I was a sucker and fell for it So 60 bucks and I’m already canceling in a week of no activity. Just the computer algorithms' smart picks, no option to do a proper search and connect, and you can’t even put what you want in your profile to warn others of what a true SCAM this site is… no better than eHarmony!

I will note that several years ago Zoosk and eHarmony both were really good but now they are both nothing more than a get rich very fast operation for the owner of the site/ company and taking advantage of lonely hearts, genuine hard-working people and giving them absolutely nothing for their hard-earned money… Stay away from this place folks and go spend the money on yourself cause you’ll be a lot better off.

PriceStaff

Reviewed May 17, 2024

Keep in mind in looking at my rating that no online dating site is going to merit more than three stars in my book. They are generally a bad lot. I have actually seen some sites worse than Zoosk (and more expensive). Positives for Zoosk are a large membership base, relatively low fees, and fun to use. The one big negative for this site is the number of inactive profiles. These are not necessarily fake profiles but they are profiles for people who have not used the site for a long time. There is no way to filter for recent activity. Also, many of the profiles are not really profiles. They are just pictures with data (height, education, religion, etc.). Zoosk should require members to complete their profiles before they can be on the site. The Carousel feature is fun to use but is not very helpful in the long run, since it is based totally on looks. I have tried to like this site and have found it fun to use at times but after being on it for two months, I would have to give it thumbs down.

Reviewed May 17, 2024

It is awful. Don’t waste your time or money on this site. I have been catfished and there are so many fake and old profiles. There is basically very little users on this site and the ones who are on there you would not want to meet. If I could give a lower rating I would.

Customer Service

Reviewed May 16, 2024

It appears the Zoosk "contact button" does not work. I called their # 1-888-939-6675 and no one answers, then I get an option for a special promotion, if I'm under 50 to press 1, over 50 press 2. The promotion is related to Medicare/Medicaid, which has nothing to do with zoosk. Still can't contact the customer service for a refund. Further more it appears that zoosk is trying to debit my card twice. Also, I believe there are many fake profiles. I would like to give it a Zero rating. I do not recommend! Be cautious.

Online & App

Reviewed May 15, 2024

My son, who has special needs enrolled in this website only to be scrammed by a person he believed to live in Russia. This person, Iaroslava **, has scrammed him out of $2,000.This website is corrupt and needs to be investigated by the FCC. I have reported this company to the FBI for allowing innocent people to be scrammed. Fake profile issues Many people feel that Zoosk is littered with fake profiles and online scammers.

Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed May 13, 2024

Updated on 05/14/2024: This following is an update, and the information stated is based on my experience and opinion. This site is as fake as a 3 dollar bill. After (legally) threatening them over the constant removal of valid photos, they apologized, added some points for what I'll never know, then resumed their harassment at an even higher level: they displayed a gorgeous ** (they like **) who allegedly wrote, "hi handsome", and expressed a very strong and suggestive form of emailing one- another. Hmm. Red flags anyone? So, she sends me what appeared to be a valid email, and I responded. She gave this lengthy and horrific story of her wealthy life and an abusive X that used her. I replied similiarly, just not as descriptive. I even suggested having dinner a restaurant near her where she will feel comfortable.

She never wrote again, and now I am blocked now from accessing my paid account from Zoosk. Isn't that a daisy? I am so devastated after this suspected and fraudulent hoax, I still can't stop laughing. The problem is that Zoosk has my money and I can't access my account. They say to list the "code sent to my email address", yet none is ever seen. In short, they are game players with too much time on their miserable hands. They get off on ** and people's vulnerable feelings - how crude. Stay away and report anything fraudulent to AG Ashley ** if you live in Florida. Sorry Zoosk, but you're busted. The joke is on you!

Original Review: This site does not operate in good faith in my opinion and is replete with fraud - do not join. Multiple times they ask for account verification, which is normal when asking to retrieve the code they never sent. They put up old/fake profiles of attractive people as an inducement to attract new clients. They allow you "browse for free", then tell you that so and so wants to meet and hear from you. Once you agree to sign up, voila- they magically disappear. They employ trickery and games played by their own bored workers. Oh, if you're thinking about reporting them, please contact the AG's office in Florida and file an online complaint. Everthing will appear to be ok, but it's not. Zoosk will retaliate and make you verify who you are several times, despite two-step verification, then prevent you from logging in or the ability to contact customer service that doesn't even have a phone number anymore! They have stolen your money and have failed to perform, which is illegal.

In short, this is fraudulent and illegal to take your money, then deny access for their services. This is theft and improper business practices at the highest level. They perform unconscionable acts of cruelty on vulnerable people simply wanting to meet someone. They even block you if you provide your phone or email number to someone you gone back and forth with and wish to take it to a private level. This is unfair and not right when both parties have existing accounts. Report them immediately as I have done.

Customer Service

Reviewed May 9, 2024

If I could leave zero stars I would. I was in the site for 5 minutes and met with a fraudulent dater. This has happened a multiple of times in a short time span. I asked for a refund. That was a month ago. Kate from customer service keeps asking if “I missed her last email” and they will not reissue my credit. Crappy customer service and a crappier site.

Zoosk Company Information