Zoosk

Compare Online Dating Websites & Services

Research top Online Dating Websites & Services recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Understanding that I do not and have never made the first approach to contacting men... then I get notices from men in Zoosk thanking me for contacting them. I do not like companies that are deceptive and Zoosk is right up there with the worst of them! Additionally, Zoosk overcharged me by over $400.00 (stole from me)! The government really should shut them down!

When looking for a dating site to meet local women, I came across (ZOOSK, DATE WITH CONFIDENCE WEBSITE)!!! After guided to fill in my information, and hitting enter. I went and hurriedly took a shower. A short time later, I peered nervously at the answer to being on a desert island alone for years and saw where I had saved with 2 dozen awesome replies from all these gorgeous excited women interested just in me. When I attempted to check my messages, I was redirected and told I needed to subscribe to the site before I would be allowed to read all the wonderful replies from all 2 dozen beautiful lonely women just waiting for a man of my caliber and all of my wonderful everything to get in touch with them. (I exaggerate, but I'm sure everyone who has been on ZOOSK or dealt with these horrible, lying people know exactly where I'm coming from).

So in great wonder, I signed up for 1 month of service so I could get straight into all these wonderful darling women chomping at the bit with great anticipation of me answering their messages to me. After putting all my information in, and with trembling hands, slide my jerking mouse towards the little bell in the right-hand corner of the screen, ringing loudly in my fevered brain, picturing all 2 dozen of the wonderfully perfect beauties just waiting for me on the other side of this little bell. Then in a fevered state of hormones, and nearly clawing my eyes out trying to get the little arrow to that damn bell!!! (THEN CLICK). What was this?? Your wink is appreciated? What wink?

I DIDN'T SEND ANYONE A WINK!!! I didn't do anything like that or even get the chance to. What we are dealing with here is a bunch of lying, cheating, outfit ripping everyone off who is on here. To everyone who can read my review of ZOOSK DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME AND MONEY ON THIS CS OUTFIT. You have seen what I went thru for love, and the horrible disappointments of all 2 dozen fictitious beauties just waiting on me to ring that hateful little bell!! Don't waste your time on this site guys. I honestly have doubts there are even real women even on there. I do hope I have enlightened some of you about ZOOSK.

I have been hacked!!! My account was being used by someone named Katrin **. She sent messages to my contacts and was able to get my email address. Please don't use sites like this as they are unsafe. I DID really want to meet someone but well... Cost was way too much.

I baited up my profile with a few of my fishing and bodybuilding pictures and used the free featured Zoosk to view and this service allows that you can either/or "add" or "Wink" regarding the pictures and bios you are viewing. I went at this for about a week always adding and or winking to the pictures I found favorable. I received a bunch of responsive "chat" messages and "views" - however - being leery I researched this site and found all of the dis-enchanted Zoosk customers and their horror stories. Glad I did because I was really close to getting conned by this site.

Anyway one thing that I can add to all of these stories is that, as I mentioned, I kept "adding" and "winking" all of the girls I even remotely liked until today the site - guess what? - yes would not let me add and wink anymore without subscribing!! So they have eyes on everyone that is cycling through that site and it is my guess they are playing everyone like a bass fiddle by manipulating the responses you are receiving. They are playing the odds and know they will not fleece everyone but they know that they will con the uninformed and the weak. They almost got me.

I joined Zoosk and actually did converse with a number of people. What I found however, was that simply logging in set in motion notices to others that I was viewing and/or requesting a chat from them. Not the case. I also had similar experiences in that there were a number of "messages" in my Inbox when there were not, and Zoosk also counts a wink as a message. I canceled my subscription and still getting notices from the company. Have tried every which way to delete my account, but have come to the conclusion that every move is monitored and controlled so I really don't have say over my profile - which is still out there. I removed all information and photos and who knew? Even with NO INFORMATION there are a number of people wanting meet me. Interesting. I think that's what we sign up for in the small print... Disappointing as a business model. I won't be back and I will tell others.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zoosk?

Spent $29.95 for one month. I lost count of the women I "tried" to chat with!! Zero, responses, after 3 weeks finally got a response from a woman, who was only checking her messages??? Tried changing my profile 5 times and Zoosk, "deleted" it??? Maybe it was because a comment I put in my profile about how woman don't respond to chats or how many Phony ads or scammers were on there!!! STAY THE HELL FROM ZOOSK and THOSE OTHER USELESS "Dating" sites. You are better off going to the grocery store or Home Depot or Lowe's.

In October of this year, I as I assumed deactivated my account due to the lack of quality guys emailing me. However, a couple of days ago received an email from Zoosk indicating my account has been reactivated. So, essentially Zoosk took it upon themselves to reactivate my account without my consent and/or approval. Not sure what type of misleading practices they're running but wow, didn't know they can falsely reopen one's account whom permanently discontinued membership as a result of seedy characters on their site. The other day, I emailed CS explaining my plight, and of course those clowns did not respond. So, in the interim, I have to deactivate my account for the second time?? Is this the norm, having to deactivate every two months because Zoosk take it upon themselves to activate your account solely on their own pretenses??? Very disingenuous site...

This is the worst dating website ever! After agreeing to try it out for a month I quickly saw that I was charged for 6 months! After complaining they reimbursed me for the extra months. When there is someone interested in you, you must purchase coins in order to view their profile. There is no way possible to do a search for a particular name --- waste of time and money!!

I just signed in for a month. The only thing I can see is scammers and fake profiles... I can't believe it they still exist!!!! Facebook should put down now that we have this kind of problem of fake news. They have a fake website inside of Facebook.... Garbage!!!

Like the others here, I joined Zoosk for free. When I saw that I had 16 messages I decided to pay the fee and see who was interested. After paying a 1 month fee the 16 messages dropped to 4. What happened to the other 12 messages??? One message was to Thank me for my service, because I mentioned I was a Vet. The rest were from men who did NOT fit my search criteria. I did message one man, but I never heard back from him and since I gave him my instagram username in that message, I wonder if he even received the message. I believe the "Powers that be" read and edit them also. After reading the posts here, I am calling my bank tomorrow and cancelling the card I used.

I joined but immediately saw this was a scam. You get messages that someone wants to meet you or chat. You can message back but have to pay more to continue. So I requested my money returned which it was because I threatened to report to BBB and other agencies. To this day even with no pics and a blank profile I get 2-5 emails a day stating so and so wants to meet me. Scam all the way.

A year ago I signed up for this dating site. All the profiles are the same people that are on every other site I have looked at. When I did not get any replies to any of the flirts I sent out, I quit using the site. I had forgotten all about the site until I was charged on my card. I called the company to ask for a refund. They do not offer refunds. I told them that a respectable company gives their clients a courtesy email when payments are going to be withdrawn. My utilities and loans I have let me know. While I was on hold and before I spoke with a representative, I looked at the site. I was not able to log in even though I always save my usernames and passwords. After arguing with the person on the phone and threatening to inform the Better Business Bureau, I was informed I would get a full refund.

Every single aspect of this business is a sham. It is a fraud and it should be destroyed. I hope that its operators and proprietors die horribly and soon. The world will literally be a better place without such parasites. That is all. Pour kerosene on yourself and go out on fire before even considering giving these atrocious ** 1 cent.

BEWARE!!! I terminated my subscription only to find out that ZOOSK was still using my profile. Who knows how many people I looked at that had also terminated their subscription but are unaware that their profile is still active. Very deceitful. I also was informed that a friend of mine who has been married now for 2 years is also still on the site. She was horrified. FYI - she did not meet her current husband on Zoosk. I am sick that they can get away with this. If there is any legal action we can take, please let me know.

Signed as free member about 2 months ago, after several messages, which I could not read (not being a paid member) I decided to join for 1 month at $29.95. 13 messages all said the same, "thanks for the wink, please reply with detailed information". I did, and never got a message back from anyone. Also, the Carousel feature you flip through eligible female members and chose want to meet, no, maybe or yes. I found lots of women over 50 who were never married and had no kids. Others posted photos of their daughters, dogs, horses, cartoons, flowers, etc. Many of which were never verified by photo, by phone, or by Facebook = fake! 99% lived out of my local area being in another state, which is impossible for me to travel 350 miles to meet someone, if the person ever contacted me back.

You are enticed into joining by fake/false messages, robbed of your hard earned dollars and ripped off because they do not refund any fees paid for dissatisfaction! I read the majority of the 99 complaints on here, and I see that I'm not the only one being robbed! I believe that the Federal Trade Commission should be contacted and this business investigated via a "Class Action Suit" in which all participants file against Zoosk.com and perhaps we may all receive some sort of refund!

I was on this dating site that was suppose to be different. Zoosk doesn't screen the people that sign up and you don't know if the picture you get is actually the person that you are talking to. Thumbs down on this one too.

I joined Zoosk.com ended up meeting a dating scammer. We started off with chatting via email then he asked me to go to whatsapp messenger he continued to send me emails telling me about his undying love for me. His name is Scott **. He told me that he was the owner of a business called **. He told me that he was from Brisbane, Australia, is a widowed - his wife died of coronary heart disease and he has a 5 year old daughter who lives in Italy with his mother. He then told me he was in Edinburgh Scotland on a business trip then he told me that there was an accident on his work site that people had been killed and that he had he had to pay compensation to the families of the people who died and before that he told me that he lost his wallet. He started asking me to send him money. Be very wary of all dating websites and of this man.

I am a paid subscriber. Several weeks ago I tried to access my account and I received a message saying "no such email address registered." I did not change my email address or change my password. I have written Zoosk's customer service five (5) emails, asking them to correct this situation. So far no response. In reading other reviews this appears to be their business practice -- get your money and then forget about you and your concerns. I would HIGHLY recommend that a person not subscribe to this scam.

A co-worker stopped me the other day to tell me he saw my PHOTO on a dating website. Me, being a MARRIED woman, doubted him. He pulled his Zoosk account up and guess what, it was me. All the profile information was incorrect and my age was incorrect but it was definitely me. I have contacted Zoosk on numerous occasions asking that the profile be removed via email. No one will contact me back. This is defamation of character!

Yes, I paid their fee. 3 months one time and another 3 later. Smart pick? A blind 3 year old could pick better. Day after day, week after week, I sent out messages with no replies. Then one day I came across a friend I knew in person. When I asked her about her experiences with Zoosk, I learned that she had never signed up but she would get IM's in Facebook from time to time. I believe they use FB to pad their site, with accounts that are viewable to the public, in FB.

I'm a married woman. I saw thousands of emails in one of my husband's email address coming from Zoosk. When I checked it out, my photo was on it as if I am looking for men and my husband email address was used for that purpose. My husband has no idea who made this account using his email address. Apparently this site is not free and one has to pay for membership. I have no idea who has paid them and how it is still running since May 1st 2015 - Even my age 44 (which is not true) was given and some basic information about me. I need to know how Zoosk dared to do this without my knowledge or my husband's knowledge using his email address.

This site absolutely requires one to post pictures. Without posting pictures, you cannot function. There are individuals such as lawyers, physicians, professors (myself) who do not wish to post their pictures. This information should have been conveyed to the consumers before they join. If you post an earlier photo, they remove it. I was very dissatisfied with this dishonesty and asked to cancel my subscription. They would not refund my money. I am now going to contact my bank and have them freeze that fund. They are highly unprofessional. They match you with wrong people. If the purpose of the questionnaire is to determine what your preferences are, then why do they select someone who falls out of that spectrum?

Zoosk, similar to the other popular online dating sites (Match, eharmony, OkCupid, etc), presents itself through various media venues (social media, internet sites, and television advertising) as a forum which provides a virtual platform to connect users (members) seeking other users (members) by means of information provided by the users (members) for the purpose of initiating a mutual agreed upon personal relationship (short term, long term, single dates or casual) between those users (members).

The type of virtual platform varies depending on how the user (member) chooses or "signs up" for. The choices are either as a visitor (free) or paid membership. A free membership allows the user to search the database without a username or photo. They can use the platform to interact with others members indirectly as a "Zoosk member" but cannot exchange information or photos with other members.

A paid membership allows the user directly interact with other members by sharing information (age, gender, physical appearance, etc) with the intention of creating a mutually agreed personal relationship with other members having similar information. This paid membership is transparent, meaning one member knows the other member is visiting their profile, based on the personal information provided to the search engine (aka algorithm) by both members, and that member is notified of the visit.

A paid membership uses three primary methods to facilitate this interaction - Carousel, Browse, and SmartPick. The Carousel is a finite number of simple profiles which show a photo and the age of that profile. The member has three choices: yes, no or maybe. When the member finished browsing through the carousel of photos, the algorithm chooses the best match based on the member's personal information. That member can then choose to view that members profile and contact them. The Browse function allows the member to browse complete profiles of the members and choose which members to contact. The SmartPick function is the opposite, where the algorithm chooses the matches for the member and the member as the chooses the option to view that profile or delete it.

A paid membership can be enhanced through the purchase of "coins" which is the currency to "buy" enhanced services. The popular enhanced services are Mega Flirt, Boost and Invisible. Mega Flirt allows the member to send the same message to multiple users. Boost allows the member to promote their profile to a defined geographical area. Invisible allow the member to search and view other member profiles for 30 minutes without those members knowledge. Coins are purchased in increments of 180 ($19.99), 480 ($39.99) and 1800 ($99.99). For example, a Boost costs 100 coins for a 8 boosts, or approximately 12 coins per boost. The member must purchase additional coins to continue using the enhanced services. If a member has no results for the paid 8 attempts (Boosts), and that member depleted his coin "account" they must purchase more coins.

The standard paid membership (no enhancements) is a frustrating and annoying platform. For each view of a profile, that member is notified (email, text, twitter, facebook, etc) letting them know that member viewed them. To the frustration of the member - you often have no choice but to view the same profiles over and over again. This can become particularly annoying because if you are not interested in the first 10 profiles; it still counts as view and that member is notified even if neither member is interested in each other. The only way to prevent this is only view the "new" members through notification menu within the service, or pay for 30 minutes of anonymity.

My membership went like this: on 4/24/16 I paid $59.99 for a 3 month membership. I bought 180 coins each week for enhanced services, or $19.99 each week, for a total of $239.88. Add this to $59.99 and my 3 months cost a total of $299.87. For the 3 months I used the site I was essentially viewing the same profiles over and over again, very few of which I was interested in. Of the members I sent messages, I received no replies (keep in mind the algorithm supposedly connects members that want to meet each other).

The terms of use specifically states no money is refunded (see TOU 13.a Paid Services - General). All fees and charges are nonrefundable and there are no refunds or credits for any partially used Paid Services (including partially used subscription periods) except (i) as expressly set forth in this Agreement, (ii) as otherwise required by applicable law and (iii) at Zoosk's sole and absolute discretion.

By the TOU my money could not be refunded as a dissatisfied customer. To add to my total dissatisfaction (borderline virtual online road rage) on 7/24/2016, the expiration day of my 3 month subscription, I received a message from a woman, within my criteria, including distance, saying she loved my profile and wanted to meet. After several message exchanges, she asked me to message her the next day so we could chat again. When I signed on the next day to message her I was notified my subscription expired and to message her, and I needed to renew.

Being the starry-eyed and naive member I was, I gladly paid the additional $59.99 for another 3 months so I could message this "sure thing" and meet her. There was no response to the message, and two days later **POOF** profile was gone. So the point of this post is buyer beware, what you are paying for is expensive entertainment to satisfy you desire to meet your match, which in all probability, does not exist on Zoosk. Total money spent: $360 (rounded). Total results: 0. Elapsed time: 3 months.

I paid $59.95 for a membership and after 5 days and 4 emails trying to figure out why I signed on for a membership and the money was taken from my bank account but I cannot use any of the features I paid for. I have sent 4 messages to the site administration in 5 days and not one reply. DO NOT USE THIS SITE... IT IS A RIP OFF!!! Also, I suggest you put a fraud alert on whatever card you used to pay for membership if you did so. Zoosk will charge your card again without your authorization and they make sure you never get your money back. ZOOSK is run by thieves!! And as far as a order number, I never even got that.

Full of rubbish, totally dead site. I am sending message for past 2 weeks to people and received none response. Today I went to the section with currently online members and sent message to almost 2000 people and no response. Is it possible that you send message to 2000 people which are online and none of them reply you? Totally a fraud site. There is nothing in there... This site should completely be shut down. 10000000% time and money waste.

I'm writing this review. I only wanted to get a one month subscription to Zoosk. And one month of message since you have to be a Zoosk member to read your private mail. These people fraud me on my bank account this past week. I didn't call them and I called them last month because they overcharged my account. This site is fraud. Scheme people from my account as well. I only wanted one month. They took money out from my account unauthorized this past weekend. This site needs to be shut down and sued. I didn't authorize them to take money from my account on the internet. Because they have my account number on file in their system they can have access. They will be hearing from me and my bank account. Now I have to wait ten days. Where it took them one day to take my money. FALSE. SOMEONE NEEDS TO HANDLE THIS SITE.

I read a number of the reviews here, and felt compelled to share my experience with Zoosk. I have cancelled my subscription, much like many others, and will see if they try to charge me for another period. If so, reference to the Credit Card Fraud Department should take care of that! Ahem, I digress... Zoosk is a "money vacuum", meaning that they charge for every small enhancement that is normally included in other dating site's fees. For example, coins are used to make yourself more visible, to find out if someone read your message, or any number of other things. A total waste of money in my opinion, so please don't buy coins if you are a current member. If you are a current member, RUN in the other direction after locking down your credit card accounts and DELETE your bio!

The reason(s)? I have tried, on multiple occasions, to modify the content of my narrative. If the Zoosk moderators see ANYTHING negative towards their site, they will "modify" the narrative to the point of it making no sense! I was leaving, and wished to express that to women who had viewed me so they would not waste their time or money trying to contact me. Guess what? Zoosk deleted the narrative... Go figure! I really wish there was a way for all of us, the dissatisfied clients, to have a pop-up ad showing the true story behind Zoosk. Sure, they may have a few success stories, but I don't have the time or energy to send messages to fake profiles... Caveat Emptor!

Hello --- Zoosk wants photo verification and I gave them that with Facebook. I can't figure out how to do verification from my phone. I click the link and take pictures and then from there I don't know how to go from my phone back to their web site. I tried and tried. I've paid $70 and I want full access. Before I paid them money they'd tell me that numerous people sent me messages, and once I paid money I don't get many messages. Then on top of that they want more money to give me more exposure. It's a sad rip-off. When a person sends me notation of being interested I have to say --- yes, no, maybe --- and I can't first see his profile.

DO NOT WASTE MONEY ON THIS SITE! I've been using online dating sites for decades (off and on). Most are only mildly useful at matching based on all the voluminous info they ask for... This site, Zoosk, is a joke. Pay less when buying 6 months up front? For what? Their so-called SmartPick has no intelligence built in at all. I even tried wildly changing my search criteria and got the very same list of women who didn't at all match my preferences. 100 times each time through, I'd click through the list to set what I did and didn't like, only to choose dislike 100 times, with repeats every time.

DO NOT WASTE MONEY ON THIS SITE! They give you huge discounts because the money is non-refundable. Even if they failed completely and utterly to provide ANYTHING of value on the back side. Heck, the few good looking women all turned out to be false hypes to get you to sign up in the first place. Zoosk is about as bad as any false-front money scheme I've seen. I asked the to delete my account, remove any and all info from their servers. I won't get my money back, but I hope I convince others to stay away. They don't deserve to be in business. They should be shut down for the scam they are. DO NOT WASTE MONEY ON THIS SITE!

My Zoosk.com dating site account was hacked by someone else. Zoosk said their solution was for me to create a totally new email address and establish a whole new account. This was totally unacceptable that I should have to do this when I was the victim of the hack due to their own poor security. They did nothing to remove the false hack information and gave me the burden of correction. When I refused to obtain a new email address they cancelled my account. Only after strenuous objections did they finally refund my subscription.

Zoosk Company Profile