1.12/5

419 Zoosk Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 24, 2019

I read the reviews and ignored them. Figured it would be different for me. Well, it wasn't. More than 50% of the profiles I have encountered are fake. As some of the other people have stated, you will see profile pictures of someone in their 30s claiming to be 55-65 years old. I have been on other dating sites and Zoosk has to be one of if not the worst. You cannot track your "likes", you can't search for people, bogus profiles are not removed even when Zoosk is notified, and you get inundated with false emails claiming someone looked at your profile, expressed interest, wants to chat. This site is programmed to fool you and don't think you will have a better experience. Try a different site.

Original review: April 23, 2019

I cancelled my subscription to Zoosk one day short of two weeks from when my paid subscription ends. When I cancelled, they stated that my paid subscription ended that day before the one day shy of two weeks. I was a member of Match as well and they responded offering a discount and not ending my paid subscription when I decided not to stay a member after my paid subscription was over. Match.com did not stop my paid subscription, which is the required legal response.

Get expert buying tips about Online Dating Sites and Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 22, 2019

Zoosk, how do we label it. Internet Fraud, Scam, Bait and Switch, or maybe all of the above. In less than 30 days on a 3 month paid subscription with Zoosk my account was cancelled, by Zoosk, citing their reasoning was a security problem. Bogus. Anyone having been living within the last 3 decades knows that the internet has always had security problems but to punish a paying client for a website's own IT failures/shortcomings has no merit. In addition, it was very obvious that Zoosk was/is planting into their database non-existent members. Reviews by others on this forum has also confirmed this.

After cancelling you they offer a chance to re-scribe, of course with payment. This is classic Bait and Switch. So what do we do about Zoosk? The word Zoosk maybe should be made synonymous with words such as Toxic, Avoid, Beware, and of course the most accurate SCAM. Other solutions maybe class action. I don’t have the answer but websites like this should be investigated.

Original review: April 21, 2019

I purchased a one month membership in the Zoosk dating site, thinking I could meet potential matches in my area. The first thing I noticed after I signed up and created a profile with pictures is the following:

1) I felt like the whole site is a scam. The site wants you to buy coins for various additional options. One area where they wanted to charge coins was if wanted to know if the recipient read your message.
2) The search engine wasn't useful at all. I entered my criteria, but all that worked was distance and age. The max distance you could select was 100 miles. However, they continually sent matches of over 100 miles.
3) The straw that broke the camel's back was, I received an email someone wanted to meet me. I clicked on her profile, and then everything was gone. I knew her signing name, but Zoosk site does not have this feature. My thought is why does a dating side not allow the users to search by a user name? But it doesn't.

4) I did see someone I wanted to meet, you couldn't include your phone number of email address! I guess they want more money before this could happen. Again, it is a dating site. Why restrict me giving out my email address or my phone.

Bottom line, do not waste your time or your money!

Original review: April 21, 2019

Awful experience. They make you pay for everything over and over again. Fake profiles and automatic messaging. Any form of cancellation/refund or deletion of the account not an option!! Unable to deactivate account once subscribed (only "pause" it as an option?!) Unable to cancel subscription although already cancelled in iTunes, as advised (hasn't updated with them!) They probably hang on to your information so that they can use it for their fake scam profiles. Probably only way to get rid of the automatic renewal is to talk to my bank and renew my card!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zoosk?

Original review: April 21, 2019

I paid for a subscription to Zoosk after receiving some 'likes'/'interested' notifications from some lady members. After paying money for the subscription I found out every one of the ladies' profiles that had induced me to pay for a membership were fake! This is not just scamming. It's fraud. BEWARE!!

Original review: April 19, 2019

Received a message from a Zoosk member accusing me of having multiple profiles and threatened to report me. I tried to explain to her that it looks like my profile and pics had been hacked... In the meantime Zoosk blocked my account. Totally false accusations. Called Zoosk and they did nothing to unblock me...even though I had told them I was hacked.

Original review: April 18, 2019

Nothing is free. After about two months was abruptly cancelled without a warning or legit reason. Wanted me to resubscribe and go through the whole process again. Claimed my email was at jeopardy which was bogus. Their site was the only site I used that email for. The only way it could have been at risk is that their site was the security risk. Now I don't believe any of the messaging on the site was legit. Don't fall for it.

Original review: April 13, 2019

I had my Zoosk account hacked. They captured my password, pictures, date of birth and posted false verifications on my profile. I decided to warn everyone I had spoken with on my cell from Zoosk about the hack. One individual I had just corresponded with on Zoosk that morning responded, “You really did want to meet me?”. He then sent me a screenshot of my photo on a cell phone. His response was simply, “I can’t do this to you”. I immediately blocked the number, knowing that this impersonator was also going to obtain personal and private information. I finally got through to a supervisor at Zoosk who financially compensated me. Unfortunately, however, my personal information is now in the hands of some nefarious people. This happened to me twice in four months.

I have been on other dating websites and never had this happen. A few suggestions: don’t autosave your password (although this was not an option on Zoosk, don’t send anyone your picture, and don’t verify your cell or Facebook account. Change your password regularly and be careful of what personal information you share, for example your pet’s name if you use that as a password. I do not recommend Zoosk. It will take them a while to fix the many holes and software issues they have.

Original review: April 10, 2019

Zoosk, is a scam!!!! Do not join!!!! Once they've got you: they make it impossible for you to cancel your account. Scammers! They have this misleading video where they "Supposedly" tell you how to cancel your account through iTune; so you follow each step: you go to settings, Apple ID, subscriptions, go to their app...And then They tell you" scroll down to "Cancel subscription"...The only problem is that "Cancel subscription" does not show at the bottom and no matter how many times you try it will not, will not, will not let you cancel it. I am going to make it my mission to expose their scam on social media. I am going to make it cost them hundreds and hundreds of potential (innocent) customers and I will contact government agencies that protect us from scammers like Zoosk! Do not join! Do not join! Protect yourselves! Do not join! Zoosk is a scam!

Original review: April 6, 2019

I paid for 6 months. Had it for a month. Deactivated it and then reactivated 2 days later. Wants me to pay for it again. Shows people viewing you over and over even though you're not getting viewed or viewing anyone. Just a rip off.

Original review: March 29, 2019

Zoosk needs to look at some of these profiles. I have met a few people and all of them are convicted felons. IT is not safe. Who knows what other shady profiles are on this website. Great that you verify a face.

Original review: March 28, 2019

I found too many old/fake profiles. Search system is not accurate. My old profile was still active even though I requested to be deleted years ago. Hence why people's profile I seen years ago are still showing up. Years ago I was assured that my profile will be deleted. Obliviously it did not happen. Don't recommend Zoosk to anyone. There is no way to contact Zoosk. The only reason sign up to Zoosk was they rated number one dating site. (Thought they improve the system.) Waste of 3 months subscription.

Original review: March 28, 2019

Buyer beware of Zoosk. I now believe of what others have said about this site. I have received multiple requests from other members who want to chat with me. One by one they have told me they didnt send a request to chat with me. Zoosk is not an honest company. They do things like this to get you to renew your subscription and purchase other options. You have been warned.

Original review: March 28, 2019

First I joined a couple of years ago for 3 months. I met some nice people away but only a few local. I didn't renew when I met a guy through and friend and started dating him. I don't go out often so decided to try it again, this time 6 months. The first thing I noticed was the some of the same people still there. I changed the age range of men but still got older men messaging me.

I seen a friend of mine on it that was there before he passed away but that was two years ago. So they obviously still use your profile whether you're there or not. My ex-boyfriend was there whom Im still friends. I messaged him and said jokingly you're on Zoosk and he said no only Match. So I think both sites are associated somehow because I searched Match and sure enough a lot of the same profiles, unless these guys are on both. Speaking which I am only interested in men but I got woman as well. In conclusion this rated one of the top ten... I will never entertain these sites again.

Original review: March 24, 2019

As many other reviews, after seeing many views and messages I couldn't read notifications, I decided to subscribe. When I tried to pay, my card was declined and my bank texted me my card was blocked. When I called the bank, I was told the website tried to make 12 payments for various amounts between £15 and £60 off my account, which led the bank believe it's fraud. Fortunately, they have stopped all the payments & unfortunately, I need a new card. Well, OK, better than losing £350.

I submitted customer support request, asking for explanation. I got 'personal human being written' answer within 10 minutes - obviously auto-generated and asking me to try again, stating I probably mistyped card details. I submitted another request, asking for decent answer for my question... That one was never answered. I don't know if the profiles and messages were real or not, unlike other reviewers my search actually found quite many people in my area... But I don't know if those would disappear as per other people experience after the subscription. Anyway, I had subscription more than year ago on Match.com and didn't have any payment problems. Thus immediate fraud attempt is alarming and I recommend to stay away from the site.

Original review: March 23, 2019

To Whom It May Concern - Stay away from the dating site Zoosk. They, like many others, lure you in with "free" membership. Once you are in you receive attention but you can't read or respond unless you pay. Fair enough, I paid, then for about three or four days I had access and could chat. If the people were real, I couldn't say. But then a notice popped up, telling me to verify my telephone number. I tried and every time I did, another notice popped up, informing me an error occurred and I must try later. I tried many times. Then I tried on one or other website for Zoosk Complaints and reported it at least 5 times. No result. Then I canceled my subscription and give them the reason. Still no response. Please stay away from these people, you are not going to make any real contacts and you are going to lose your money.

Original review: March 22, 2019

I didn't pay for Zoosk for a couple days because I wanted to look around first before parting with my money for yet one more online dating service. I saw several women whose profiles I liked and clicked the 'Smile' button. I was alerted that I had messages from these women. So, curiosity got the best of me (wish I'd found this site first) and I signed up for 1 month. I soon saw that all the messages said a variation of the same thing: "I don't respond to winks, please send a message," which I did. No responses from any of them. It finally occurred to me that I didn't get responses because these are fake accounts to begin with! They're created by Zoosk to dupe unwitting people into paying to be jerked around. What they really get is a pissed off consumer who will cancel and never come back again. I will also spread the word!

Original review: March 19, 2019

I paid $59.95 for 3 months of service. Almost immediately I received 4 different messages from "interested" women. I replied to each of them with a nice message asking a couple questions about their interests. I got ZERO responses. About a week later, I received a nice message & responded within 3 minutes. Zoosk tells me that the account was closed by the subscriber. This is so unbelievable as to completely destroy Zoosk's credibility. I cancelled my account and was told that my account was cancelled, but I would be able to use my account for the remaining 12 weeks. Ummm, Zoosk? That's not how cancellations work. I disputed the charge with Capital One, but lost my dispute. They have multiple clauses & third party crap to avoid refunding anything. This site has A LOT of fake profiles & is a complete scam. PLEASE DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY WITH ZOOSK.

Original review: March 12, 2019

Zoosk is a total waste of money. It is a badly designed application. Slow with messages. A lot of fake profiles. Misinformation. Out of 10 profiles, about 3 profiles are real. The application doesn't match a person well with a date. I will not support this company and I promise that they are just money reapers!!!!

Original review: March 10, 2019

It’s a complete scam. Went on site and created a free account to look around. Spent a day looking through the profiles and found some women I was attracted to. I sent ❤️ to a few but nothing back, not even a view of my profile. I did receive some views from other females but none that interested me. It’s funny because after I sent the heart, the site encouraged me to send a message which you need to then pay to send messages. Day two I decided to pay for one month and write to the females that I was interested in and were close to me. After paying for the month, I immediately went to find the females to write and NOT ONE profile could be found. I search with specific age, race, etc., and still none of the profiles were there yet other, unattractive female profiles were there.

So...I created another account under another email and did a side by side search using my iPad and iPhone. One profile that had paid subscription revealed none of the women I liked, while the unpaid account search found every woman that I found attractive and wanted to write. It’s a total bait and switch. FYI...I was not looking for model type women as some that I liked were like a normal, pretty woman. I’m gonna try again the side by side search and see what happens. If the results are the same then I will pursue getting a refund. If I have to take this to a News media to expose them...I will. Wish I would have read this forum before paying for a subscription!!!

Original review: March 7, 2019

Worse Dating site I have ever been to. I was on this dating site for exactly 2 years. Talked to one person during that time but never found an ideal date. When I tried to cancel my subscription they told me no way. It seems I signed an agreement with them in perpetuity. Even my bank could not block them from taking the money. So I had to cancel my card and receive a new one. Try any other site but this one.

Original review: March 3, 2019

Well, more of the same complaint. As I'm writing this on 1 screenwriting this complaint, and I'm on Zoosk on the other just watching the algorithm of non-sense that they spew. Here's my story. Well, I started as a non-paying customer but had a profile up just to look around and see who would actually want to meet me. I would also send out smiley faces even though I knew I couldn't see if they received them. So on 1 occasion someone replied back, and that's where they got me. I signed up for the 6 months for 74.99 just so I could see the reply and possibly start a conversation.

Well, the reply was "as smiley faces are great, please send a message if you are really interested in meeting." So I did, and wouldn't you know it, none a peep back. So I chalked it up to possible cold feet, change of heart, etc... It happens. But what's solidifying my accusation is that I say hello to people that are actually online and respond immediately and still now reply back. This is happening as I'm writing this complaint. Please stay away from Zoosk. Total scam. Good luck!

Original review: March 2, 2019

From my current experience, as a paying member who is leaving the site, Zoosk does not let you hide or delete your profile. Furthermore Zoosk rejects my attempts to say in my profile that I will not be on the site after my paid time expires. They are vastly overstating the number of people on the site and active number. I got a message from a lady recently who I had contacted a few times saying, "What's up..." and when I replied to her she said that she didn't send that message. Zoosk also will notify you that you have "messages" when there is no message. Only someone liking you in their section called Carousel which only shows you a picture of a person, with no information, such as where they live! That is of vital importance to most people who are looking to date.

Original review: March 1, 2019

If you want computer generated messages, profiles, views do it! It is a bunch of crap. This is part of how companies get away with crap! Most of everything is computer generated period! They use profiles of people that aren’t members. Just a bunch of crap.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

I sent a "smile face" to a woman. Then the site made it appear she logged on and sent a message back, within about a minute. I decided to pay to see her message... the message was Auto generated as if by her, from Zoosk and basically said, "Hi, I guess this is an auto reply. I could not figure out how to not have one." It came all as 1 message, so didn't even seem as if she wrote any of it. Anyway, that auto generated "Hi" lured me into paying for the subscription so I could see what the message was, and hopefully start a conversation with her. So messed up!! I called zoosk and hopefully will get my money back and have removed myself from the site. All in 1 day. Waste of time.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

Zoosk sends you messages like a real person is looking to meet, just to get you to spend more money to see that person. The same message is sent, but it’s all lies!! I responded with ridiculous stuff... like I’m dying and have millions and nobody to leave it to. And the response was a computer generated response saying, "I see. Let’s get to know each other through email." Same exact message came 10 times. Sad!!!! Don’t waste your money!

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

So, I visited their site and opened the account on my iPad. I went to pricing page to see what do they charge and since I wasn't happy with pricing, I clicked twice on power button to close the page, but instead iPad read my fingerprint and charged me $84.00!!! No asking to confirm the purchase, no any kind of warning!!! I immediately contacted everyone involved in billing, PayPal, iTunes and Zoosk and my bank and explained what happened, that I didn't want to purchase subscription. My bank and PayPal couldn't do anything. Zoosk said I have to ask refund from Apple iTunes but when I went to iTunes page and clicked on "I want refund" and explained what happened, I automatically got a response that I will not be refunded!!! No investigation, no case number, nothing!!! So people just to let you know, stay away from all these scum businesses!!!

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

I was in Zoosk for couple months and usually do not go to anyone's profile unless someone sends me a message and shows interest. But few of the guys contacted me telling me that I keep viewing their profile many times a day but never speak to them. As a woman I never make the first move and never volunteer to speak to guys unless they talk to me. During these months I also noticed that many of the guys view my profile multiple times a day but never talked to me. So I called Zoosk and mentioned what these guys told me. The representative confirmed that when subscribers see someone’s picture on the screen or even when they scroll through the pictures, it shows to the other side as “Viewed your profile”. I find this very disturbing because it sends wrong message and gives wrong impression to people.

I find it irritating when I see someone viewing me many times per day but never talk to me. However, the subscribers have no idea that this happens and think that people really go into their profile and check them out. Another disturbing thing is that, Zoosk sends a notification to the other party if you open to read the message without the knowledge of the other party. So it is set up in a way that things happen without subscribers knowledge to keep them interested and keep the subscription longer. It might be good for people who are looking for short term relationship but it’s definitely a game for people who trust the dating site and look for longer and serious relationship. It’s a trap to suck people’s money out. I am very unhappy and mad with the way they manipulate people and play dirty tricks.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

I have used Match and Bumble as dating venues, Zoosk is by far the worse. They are all a lot of work but Zoosk has the lowest quality men. I received a lot of messages but the people that did meet what I was looking for always lived at the least 150 miles away and for me it is not ideal to date someone that far away. There are many men that have not verified their photos - to me this means they are not real and raises the question did Zoosk create profiles just to add to their pool of people. This site is not worth the time and money! Spare yourself!

Zoosk Company Information