1.26/5
Based on 130 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

295 Zoosk Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 23, 2018

I concur with all the other 1 star reviews. Total scam, easy to subscribe but very hard to cancel. Once I managed to cancel they sent me notices that many nice looking ladies had recently been attracted to my profile and pressed me to subscribe again so I could connect with them. This continued for about two years after I had unsubscribed. I actually knew a couple of the ladies they said were interested in me, and had known them for many years, and those specific ladies had never tried to contact me at any time. Why would they as we already did things together, socially, and had for many years.

They had also been scammed by Zoosk and had dropped their subscriptions but continued to get trolled to Re-subscribe. ATTRACTED TO ME AFTER I HAD CANCELLED MY SUBSCRIPTION??? By definition that means they left my profile active for a couple of years after I told them to delete my profile. Had good luck over the years with Match.com for dating and eHarmony if you are looking for marriage or a committed relationship. Zoosk is a fraudulent site as evidenced by leaving my profile active long after I parted ways with them. Seems to be a pattern with their reviewers.

Original review: June 11, 2018

I cancelled my subscription before the date that they would automatically charge for another month. And they still charged me for another month and would not refund my money. I feel they are running a scam and are not worth doing business with.

Get expert buying tips about Online Dating Sites and Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 10, 2018

I joined Zoosk back in September 2017. I honestly don’t know what people are talking about in these reviews that there are fake profiles. I had several new and different men who contacted me each day. There were plenty of “real people” on the site. While I must admit that 98% of the men on the site were not men I would date, they were plenty of people to choose from and get to know.

What people don’t seem to realize is ONLINE DATING IS A NUMBERS GAME!!! You can’t go on one date and assume that is going to be the end-all, be all. (But if it does happen, congrats to you!) Usually, it takes a while to find the right match for you, and people are impatient about that. Less than a month on the site, I met a really good man and we dated for eight months. He was the first healthy relationship that I have been in and we had a great time together. In the end, we decided to mutually end the relationship because he wanted me to move in with him and for personal reasons I wasn’t able to. But please note, this has nothing to do with Zoosk! I talked to a few men on this site and they were good guys.

From other reviews I’ve seen from multiple sources, Zoosk is rated higher than most of the others. I have been on Match (and was stalked by a con man), eHarmony, and Chemistry. I really think Zoosk is the best because of its user-friendly interface and amount of people on the site. But, you have to be smart about it. Trust me, I’ve learned the hard way that if he seems too good to be true... He probably is. And RUN if he asks for money. Trust your instincts and really get to know somebody before you determine this is the person you want to date long-term let alone marry. In my case, if I really want to date somebody on a long-term basis, I pay $11 for a background check. It has saved me a lot of heartache and disillusionment in the process. Honestly, I don’t think you can go wrong with Zoosk. Good luck!

Original review: June 10, 2018

It appears that not all "matches" are current, that is, some of the people viewed do not have a current membership and cannot be contacted/cannot respond. I tried to provide the date my membership was good through on my profile and it was not allowed. As is, the site is a waste of time and money. Membership can only be discontinued using a PC. I joined using a phone, why can't I quit the same way? This site is a sham, totally.

Original review: June 7, 2018

Of all the guys out there, Zoosk matches me with my ex-fiance I left via police escort for my protection. Definitely a bad call, Zoosk! The name-calling, online stalking, producing evidence of his online stalking with pieces I'd posted on a recipe website (!) continued until I blocked him. Needless to say, that ended my Zoosk account. And online, offline dating in general. I have 2 jobs and a teen to homeschool. My time for anything outside of career, kid, pets is pretty limited. Why waste it with potential criminals, police involvement?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zoosk?

Original review: June 5, 2018

Save your money. This site monitors your activity to see who you're attempting to contact...then sends you phony emails pretending to be the contact. Just to give it the appearance of a site that would bring two interested parties together...it's a total scam!!! This site couldn't match Adam and Eve. Worthless!!

Original review: June 4, 2018

Experience has been unique. All kinds of unique characters. I like the many questions we were asked to join and make a profile. But I wish they would ask a little more personal question to really get a closer connection get. I enjoyed the company of many members. I felt like the connections were genuine. I like how everything in my profile is set up and how I can post any picture I want. I get updates of my members constantly. I really like that I don't miss on any new member. I would very much share and recommend this site to anyone looking for love.

Original review: June 3, 2018

Zoosk is a scam. Most profiles don't exist, they take your money and ultimately to contact people, you need to spend more. You can't revise your search, most profiles are computer generated. A waste of time and money, 99% of "profiles" are either not legitimate or totally opposite of the search criteria. I chose this based on Google's rating of #1. This site requires legal action, if I can stop one person from making the same mistake, then it was worth my time to expose them.

Original review: June 2, 2018

A few weeks ago I paused my Zoosk subscription. Some urgent family health issues came up and I did not have the time to support this mode of dating correctly. I paused my subscription on the day it was to expire. I did not look at any messages or view any tabs during this pause. A few days later I clicked on a link to open the web page and close my account, with this action the subscription was automatically renewed. Just with a click... My intent was to close it NOT reopen my subscription. In my complaint to Zoosk they referred to some popup message warning message which was an renewal agreement. I did not get this message. I have requested 2 or 3 times via email to cancel my subscription and remove any new charges that might have been generated. I keep getting the same automated response.

Original review: June 2, 2018

This is paid dating site that wants you to pay for more privileges as a full account member. The amount of views again and again by the same people is unreal and then send someone who viewed you a message and they never respond. Even after multiple messages attempts. Seriously, as a paid member for a 3 month $59.99 membership; I highly recommend checking out other more credible sites... I don't know what those are yet as this is the only dating site I have tried. If I attempt to try the online dating again I will NOT be using Zoosk. And I'll be doing some better research. My research to make me chose Zoosk as the dating site to try was based on the #1 rating. Where did this rating come from. Good luck.

Original review: June 2, 2018

Zoosk is a great site for working individuals, I really love it and recommend it to anyone. It boosts confidence and relationship skills. It is really nice. It's neat and fun. It's fast and you find dates easy. Thanks for caring about the customers and being there for me.

Original review: May 31, 2018

Zoosk was easy to use. It was free for 3 months so that is basically why I used it. I liked that it was linked to Facebook so that while I was on Facebook I could see if anyone was trying to talk to me. It was also easy to switch over to Zoosk then switch back. It seemed like a lot to fill out but I get it. Zoosk seemed to match up with some guys I would go out with. However, most of the guys on that website were terrible. They did not want to date. I hated talking to most of the guys... they were dogs so to speak. I would want honest men who were looking for that special person that were truly interested in a relationship.

Original review: May 30, 2018

Zoosk is a complete scam. The profiles are mainly fake and the upgrades are useless. I sent a message to each person that “viewed” my profile for over a week and asked them to reply with anything so I could see if my messages were being received - not a single response.

Original review: May 30, 2018

My experience with Zoosk was ok. Not as good as I had hoped. But I've definitely seen a lot worse sites. I believe these sites charge way too much for the service they provide. I would like to see more sites with premium options you would normally have to pay for, to be offered free.

Original review: May 27, 2018

Zoosk.com is an online "dating service" that has personal profiles that they advertise as being nearby your location. The people in the profiles emailed to you messages to get you to sign up. I found zoosk.com once and I signed up and created a profile with pictures. I received 9 messages from "members", so I decided to get a paid membership. I sent messages to what I thought were members near me only to find that those friendly faces in the profiles I was trying to contact really aren't going to respond to my messages. I thought there was something wrong with my phone because the people in the profiles seemed to be interested initially saying they looked forward to hearing from me.

It has been 3 weeks which I have paid to meet people on zoosk.com. I had called their customer support 4 time due to my lack of any response from ANY members. Each time I contacted support, they claimed that I need to send gift coins to members to get them to respond. I have not received a single response from any member of Zoosk since I paid for a one membership subscription. I have since canceled my subscription and intend to pursue legal action. This website is stealing hundreds of dollars from people by false advertising phony members that don't exist and don't intend to respond to your messages through zoosk.com because they are fake profiles!!!

Original review: May 27, 2018

Zoosk has to be the worst dating site I have ever been on! Unfortunately there are no regulations on these online dating sites on how they can scam and get away with ripping the public off. Zoosk had a lot of phony member profiles that turned out to be just a way to lure you in. I signed up but wanted to check the site out first before paying money to communicate with others. I got many phony email messages saying interested members liked me and wanted to chat. So I signed up for only a month luckily, and replied to all emails and not one reply. Coincidence? I don't think because as my account was ready to lapse because I didn't want to renew, I got hit with a bunch more emails and some from the same earlier ones saying they wanted to meet. These emails were all scripted and sounded the same with bad writing skills!

After four months of service and over a hundred monologues, only three responses and one not acceptable. WHEN someone actually wants to meet you, their message gets lost conveniently with no way to respond and answer. This is a foolish, wasted site of your time and money. Zoosk is an unethical business. Once you pay to sign up, you have to buy coins to communicate with members or buy emojis and pay to see if someone read your message. Also, you pay to have your profile boosted. It is totally a scam. I called to cancel the account. The service representative was unfriendly and only offered me a partial refund after I brought up that I would complain to the BBB. Do yourself a favor and do not sign up for this one. Go to a reputable site like eHarmony or POF maybe.

Original review: May 26, 2018

Zoosk was a good site with plenty of good matches. It was easy to customize my profile so I could get what I was looking for. Without paying the fee though, the matches were not very good. Once I paid the fee, the matches got even better. It was easy to use and the matches were local and had things in common with me. I just don't like the whole online dating thing. It is hard to really know what the other person is really like. A lot depends on what the other person chooses to post about themselves. Overall, it was kind of fun to use the dating site if I just relaxed and took things in a laid back way.

Original review: May 25, 2018

Zoosk is rated according to Google search as number one in free dating sites. First of all this site is not at all free. Secondly, many of the profiles listed on this site are from website subscription telemarketers which feature both male and female profiles. In the larger metro regions such as Chicago or Detroit the chances are better than average in meeting real people, but in smaller rural areas such as Cairo, Illinois or Wickliffe, Kentucky you are more often than most to find a fake website telemarketer. Posting your personal profile is free and easy but do not expect to meet anyone without paying their fees.

Original review: May 25, 2018

I awaited for 6 months before a became a paying subscriber and held only the basic account membership that allowed only very limited actual communication. I decided to subscribe as the Zoosk service said I had over 80 letters in my mailbox that I could not access without becoming a paid subscriber. So I joined and paid the $120 fee just to look at the upon reviewing the messages I noticed that many of them contained the same generic verbiage and it immediately became clear that "messages" were computer generated messages. Not actual messages sent by Zoosk members.

I immediately called Zoosk and told them to cancel my membership and fully refund the money I paid. I explained that the messages weren't actual member messages but Zoosk computer generated message that are put in your mailbox to entice you to join and pay the exorbitant monthly subscription fee. Hence the fraud. In order to verify this, I wrote to a few of the members in response to the message that I received and they always confirmed that they never sent me a message.

So here's the way it works. If someone clicks on a smiley face Zoosk generates a text message to the non-member. Over time the number of messages grow and in my case was over 80 messages. The large number of unanswered messages entices the paying member to join to see the messages (computer generated).

Another shady process is presented to the paying member. I assume that the paying member is notified that non paying member is interested and if they want to communicate with them they will to pay an additional premium fee to do so. The whole process is to generate as much cash for the company.

Original review: May 25, 2018

Honestly I only browsed the Zoosk site for matches but I wasn't thrilled by it and never made any actual connections. I liked the wealth of information (statistics, demographics, etc.) about the matches and the fact that it's all so easily accessible. Also, I really liked the format, it is like Tinder in that you select the matches by either liking them or scrolling by, in essence disliking them. It's easy, fun and quick. On the other hand, Zoosk can use more people! I hardly had any matches that were close to me so I was left with limited options in the end. I'm not sure if that's something they can realistically change, it could just be a geographic issue, but for me it just didn't work.

Original review: May 24, 2018

This site is a huge waste of $$$. Not all, but most of the profiles are fake. The few that I believe are real every one of them are 100+ miles away. Before I paid and was just looking there were a kind of women close. Now that they got my $$$ they all disappeared, nowhere to be found. Total scam.

Original review: May 24, 2018

I think Zoosk is okay, but it is annoying that conversations are stuck behind a paywall. I like the ability to promote your profile and that you can link up your account with different websites. It shows you a set of different potential matches periodically. It seemed like it was going to implement new features with meeting in person but I think you had to pay for them. I think that there is also not enough options for finding people because I am bisexual and it doesn't let you search for men and women at the same time. It didn't seem very inclusive to LGBT people, which was what led me to use other sites. I was not that impressed with it to be quite honest.

Original review: May 23, 2018

I should have vetted the service more before signing up. That's on me. Once you buy a membership, you still need to buy coins to communicate with certain members or to interact with them in some ways. They have a feature called SmartPicks, which only sends me profiles that are 30 plus miles away. When I asked how to change this, they said I couldn't. When you're connected with a SmartPick (both parties like each other), you have no way of contacting them. When you're online, you get banner ads that say "Upgrade now to guarantee communication with any member." This is such a scam. Don't sign up for this at all. I'll wait for the class action lawsuit.

Original review: May 22, 2018

I'm all about a business that is trying to make a profit, but I am against a business that lies to you. I received so many views a day it almost made me sign up... until I did some research. The "views" are bogus, don't let it go to your head as Zoosk is obviously lying about this. If they were really interested, they would return the messages I sent them. 10 views a day from several of these girls, for 4-5 days straight. But not one response... go figure. A "smiley face" or "heart" is free for anyone and shows that non-paid members are interested.

Speaking of messaging, sending a message (a smiley face in my case), I receive one in return almost before I push the send button from a small handful of the people I have messaged. No way someone can look at your profile and return a message or even a smiley face in less than 3 seconds. Try it. I will never subscribe to this site, and you shouldn't either. I recommend you do not believe the overrated hype about this supposedly "#1 site". Prepare for a heartbreaking experience. Best of luck, either way.

Original review: May 22, 2018

STOP. Don't waste your money. It's nothing but men trying to get money from you. It's the same people all the time. No matter what you put in your setting anything under the sun contacts you. The men are disgusting. Pictures of them without shirts, this one had open red scabs on his face. Seriously the most horrible site ever.

Original review: May 20, 2018

No one ever responds back and it is always the same circle of guys you view even if you say they are not your type. Most of them are not attractive, fat and old or very far away. I paid 30 bucks for a month of service and it was a huge waste of money but as soon as my month was up all of a sudden I got 10 messages which is letting me know Zoosk is playing with my emotions. I will not ever recommend this site and will tell anyone I cannot to ever come here.

Original review: May 20, 2018

My overall experience with the online dating site Zoosk was really great because I never got any creepers on my page and if someone was bothering me and I didn’t feel comfortable that I could always block or delete that person. I also liked that all of my personal information was kept private and only I myself had the option of giving it to others. Although I disliked that some of the people on there actually lied about their age or they really didn’t look like the same person they had posted as their profile picture and I also didn’t like that Most of the people on that dating website were thirsty and nasty and they just wanted ** instead of a relationship.

Original review: May 15, 2018 Well! By far the worst dating site I even seen. Very disappointing site, It's fake and scam. You are not sure who is responding to you from the other side. All women are overweight, and old. Even if you select age group the first pic will appear as it's taken in their 20s, rest of them are over 50s. I lost my money on this.

Never again and I will ask anyone out there please do not register here. You will regret. Go find your own mate. You will better off that way.

Original review: May 6, 2018

Signed up for the basic account. A few hours later had 8 messages but couldn’t read them without paying for the premium account. Waited a few weeks before taking the plunge. The messages were all BS. Haven’t had a single message since paying. I tried sending a few messages but kept getting a popup window asking me to pay $10.99 so the person I sent the message to could reply. WTF! What a rip-off! I already paid and I expect to have full access to everything. Don’t do it!

Original review: April 28, 2018

This is by far the worst dating site I have been on. They falsify information given to the user. So many times I was told people wanted to chat with me. They didn't. So many times others were told I wanted to chat with them. I didn't. I kept being told the same people over and over again were interested in me. You have to pay for every service or you can't do anything on the site. There are so many scammers despite their so called security measures. Give this site wide berth they are only in it for the money not to help you find a partner.

Zoosk Company Information