Zoosk

Compare Online Dating Websites & Services

Research top Online Dating Websites & Services recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

A year ago I signed up for this dating site. All the profiles are the same people that are on every other site I have looked at. When I did not get any replies to any of the flirts I sent out, I quit using the site. I had forgotten all about the site until I was charged on my card. I called the company to ask for a refund. They do not offer refunds. I told them that a respectable company gives their clients a courtesy email when payments are going to be withdrawn. My utilities and loans I have let me know. While I was on hold and before I spoke with a representative, I looked at the site. I was not able to log in even though I always save my usernames and passwords. After arguing with the person on the phone and threatening to inform the Better Business Bureau, I was informed I would get a full refund.

Every single aspect of this business is a sham. It is a fraud and it should be destroyed. I hope that its operators and proprietors die horribly and soon. The world will literally be a better place without such parasites. That is all. Pour kerosene on yourself and go out on fire before even considering giving these atrocious ** 1 cent.

BEWARE!!! I terminated my subscription only to find out that ZOOSK was still using my profile. Who knows how many people I looked at that had also terminated their subscription but are unaware that their profile is still active. Very deceitful. I also was informed that a friend of mine who has been married now for 2 years is also still on the site. She was horrified. FYI - she did not meet her current husband on Zoosk. I am sick that they can get away with this. If there is any legal action we can take, please let me know.

Signed as free member about 2 months ago, after several messages, which I could not read (not being a paid member) I decided to join for 1 month at $29.95. 13 messages all said the same, "thanks for the wink, please reply with detailed information". I did, and never got a message back from anyone. Also, the Carousel feature you flip through eligible female members and chose want to meet, no, maybe or yes. I found lots of women over 50 who were never married and had no kids. Others posted photos of their daughters, dogs, horses, cartoons, flowers, etc. Many of which were never verified by photo, by phone, or by Facebook = fake! 99% lived out of my local area being in another state, which is impossible for me to travel 350 miles to meet someone, if the person ever contacted me back.

You are enticed into joining by fake/false messages, robbed of your hard earned dollars and ripped off because they do not refund any fees paid for dissatisfaction! I read the majority of the 99 complaints on here, and I see that I'm not the only one being robbed! I believe that the Federal Trade Commission should be contacted and this business investigated via a "Class Action Suit" in which all participants file against Zoosk.com and perhaps we may all receive some sort of refund!

I was on this dating site that was suppose to be different. Zoosk doesn't screen the people that sign up and you don't know if the picture you get is actually the person that you are talking to. Thumbs down on this one too.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zoosk?

I joined Zoosk.com ended up meeting a dating scammer. We started off with chatting via email then he asked me to go to whatsapp messenger he continued to send me emails telling me about his undying love for me. His name is Scott **. He told me that he was the owner of a business called **. He told me that he was from Brisbane, Australia, is a widowed - his wife died of coronary heart disease and he has a 5 year old daughter who lives in Italy with his mother. He then told me he was in Edinburgh Scotland on a business trip then he told me that there was an accident on his work site that people had been killed and that he had he had to pay compensation to the families of the people who died and before that he told me that he lost his wallet. He started asking me to send him money. Be very wary of all dating websites and of this man.

I am a paid subscriber. Several weeks ago I tried to access my account and I received a message saying "no such email address registered." I did not change my email address or change my password. I have written Zoosk's customer service five (5) emails, asking them to correct this situation. So far no response. In reading other reviews this appears to be their business practice -- get your money and then forget about you and your concerns. I would HIGHLY recommend that a person not subscribe to this scam.

A co-worker stopped me the other day to tell me he saw my PHOTO on a dating website. Me, being a MARRIED woman, doubted him. He pulled his Zoosk account up and guess what, it was me. All the profile information was incorrect and my age was incorrect but it was definitely me. I have contacted Zoosk on numerous occasions asking that the profile be removed via email. No one will contact me back. This is defamation of character!

Yes, I paid their fee. 3 months one time and another 3 later. Smart pick? A blind 3 year old could pick better. Day after day, week after week, I sent out messages with no replies. Then one day I came across a friend I knew in person. When I asked her about her experiences with Zoosk, I learned that she had never signed up but she would get IM's in Facebook from time to time. I believe they use FB to pad their site, with accounts that are viewable to the public, in FB.

I'm a married woman. I saw thousands of emails in one of my husband's email address coming from Zoosk. When I checked it out, my photo was on it as if I am looking for men and my husband email address was used for that purpose. My husband has no idea who made this account using his email address. Apparently this site is not free and one has to pay for membership. I have no idea who has paid them and how it is still running since May 1st 2015 - Even my age 44 (which is not true) was given and some basic information about me. I need to know how Zoosk dared to do this without my knowledge or my husband's knowledge using his email address.

This site absolutely requires one to post pictures. Without posting pictures, you cannot function. There are individuals such as lawyers, physicians, professors (myself) who do not wish to post their pictures. This information should have been conveyed to the consumers before they join. If you post an earlier photo, they remove it. I was very dissatisfied with this dishonesty and asked to cancel my subscription. They would not refund my money. I am now going to contact my bank and have them freeze that fund. They are highly unprofessional. They match you with wrong people. If the purpose of the questionnaire is to determine what your preferences are, then why do they select someone who falls out of that spectrum?

Zoosk, similar to the other popular online dating sites (Match, eharmony, OkCupid, etc), presents itself through various media venues (social media, internet sites, and television advertising) as a forum which provides a virtual platform to connect users (members) seeking other users (members) by means of information provided by the users (members) for the purpose of initiating a mutual agreed upon personal relationship (short term, long term, single dates or casual) between those users (members).

The type of virtual platform varies depending on how the user (member) chooses or "signs up" for. The choices are either as a visitor (free) or paid membership. A free membership allows the user to search the database without a username or photo. They can use the platform to interact with others members indirectly as a "Zoosk member" but cannot exchange information or photos with other members.

A paid membership allows the user directly interact with other members by sharing information (age, gender, physical appearance, etc) with the intention of creating a mutually agreed personal relationship with other members having similar information. This paid membership is transparent, meaning one member knows the other member is visiting their profile, based on the personal information provided to the search engine (aka algorithm) by both members, and that member is notified of the visit.

A paid membership uses three primary methods to facilitate this interaction - Carousel, Browse, and SmartPick. The Carousel is a finite number of simple profiles which show a photo and the age of that profile. The member has three choices: yes, no or maybe. When the member finished browsing through the carousel of photos, the algorithm chooses the best match based on the member's personal information. That member can then choose to view that members profile and contact them. The Browse function allows the member to browse complete profiles of the members and choose which members to contact. The SmartPick function is the opposite, where the algorithm chooses the matches for the member and the member as the chooses the option to view that profile or delete it.

A paid membership can be enhanced through the purchase of "coins" which is the currency to "buy" enhanced services. The popular enhanced services are Mega Flirt, Boost and Invisible. Mega Flirt allows the member to send the same message to multiple users. Boost allows the member to promote their profile to a defined geographical area. Invisible allow the member to search and view other member profiles for 30 minutes without those members knowledge. Coins are purchased in increments of 180 ($19.99), 480 ($39.99) and 1800 ($99.99). For example, a Boost costs 100 coins for a 8 boosts, or approximately 12 coins per boost. The member must purchase additional coins to continue using the enhanced services. If a member has no results for the paid 8 attempts (Boosts), and that member depleted his coin "account" they must purchase more coins.

The standard paid membership (no enhancements) is a frustrating and annoying platform. For each view of a profile, that member is notified (email, text, twitter, facebook, etc) letting them know that member viewed them. To the frustration of the member - you often have no choice but to view the same profiles over and over again. This can become particularly annoying because if you are not interested in the first 10 profiles; it still counts as view and that member is notified even if neither member is interested in each other. The only way to prevent this is only view the "new" members through notification menu within the service, or pay for 30 minutes of anonymity.

My membership went like this: on 4/24/16 I paid $59.99 for a 3 month membership. I bought 180 coins each week for enhanced services, or $19.99 each week, for a total of $239.88. Add this to $59.99 and my 3 months cost a total of $299.87. For the 3 months I used the site I was essentially viewing the same profiles over and over again, very few of which I was interested in. Of the members I sent messages, I received no replies (keep in mind the algorithm supposedly connects members that want to meet each other).

The terms of use specifically states no money is refunded (see TOU 13.a Paid Services - General). All fees and charges are nonrefundable and there are no refunds or credits for any partially used Paid Services (including partially used subscription periods) except (i) as expressly set forth in this Agreement, (ii) as otherwise required by applicable law and (iii) at Zoosk's sole and absolute discretion.

By the TOU my money could not be refunded as a dissatisfied customer. To add to my total dissatisfaction (borderline virtual online road rage) on 7/24/2016, the expiration day of my 3 month subscription, I received a message from a woman, within my criteria, including distance, saying she loved my profile and wanted to meet. After several message exchanges, she asked me to message her the next day so we could chat again. When I signed on the next day to message her I was notified my subscription expired and to message her, and I needed to renew.

Being the starry-eyed and naive member I was, I gladly paid the additional $59.99 for another 3 months so I could message this "sure thing" and meet her. There was no response to the message, and two days later **POOF** profile was gone. So the point of this post is buyer beware, what you are paying for is expensive entertainment to satisfy you desire to meet your match, which in all probability, does not exist on Zoosk. Total money spent: $360 (rounded). Total results: 0. Elapsed time: 3 months.

I paid $59.95 for a membership and after 5 days and 4 emails trying to figure out why I signed on for a membership and the money was taken from my bank account but I cannot use any of the features I paid for. I have sent 4 messages to the site administration in 5 days and not one reply. DO NOT USE THIS SITE... IT IS A RIP OFF!!! Also, I suggest you put a fraud alert on whatever card you used to pay for membership if you did so. Zoosk will charge your card again without your authorization and they make sure you never get your money back. ZOOSK is run by thieves!! And as far as a order number, I never even got that.

Full of rubbish, totally dead site. I am sending message for past 2 weeks to people and received none response. Today I went to the section with currently online members and sent message to almost 2000 people and no response. Is it possible that you send message to 2000 people which are online and none of them reply you? Totally a fraud site. There is nothing in there... This site should completely be shut down. 10000000% time and money waste.

I'm writing this review. I only wanted to get a one month subscription to Zoosk. And one month of message since you have to be a Zoosk member to read your private mail. These people fraud me on my bank account this past week. I didn't call them and I called them last month because they overcharged my account. This site is fraud. Scheme people from my account as well. I only wanted one month. They took money out from my account unauthorized this past weekend. This site needs to be shut down and sued. I didn't authorize them to take money from my account on the internet. Because they have my account number on file in their system they can have access. They will be hearing from me and my bank account. Now I have to wait ten days. Where it took them one day to take my money. FALSE. SOMEONE NEEDS TO HANDLE THIS SITE.

I read a number of the reviews here, and felt compelled to share my experience with Zoosk. I have cancelled my subscription, much like many others, and will see if they try to charge me for another period. If so, reference to the Credit Card Fraud Department should take care of that! Ahem, I digress... Zoosk is a "money vacuum", meaning that they charge for every small enhancement that is normally included in other dating site's fees. For example, coins are used to make yourself more visible, to find out if someone read your message, or any number of other things. A total waste of money in my opinion, so please don't buy coins if you are a current member. If you are a current member, RUN in the other direction after locking down your credit card accounts and DELETE your bio!

The reason(s)? I have tried, on multiple occasions, to modify the content of my narrative. If the Zoosk moderators see ANYTHING negative towards their site, they will "modify" the narrative to the point of it making no sense! I was leaving, and wished to express that to women who had viewed me so they would not waste their time or money trying to contact me. Guess what? Zoosk deleted the narrative... Go figure! I really wish there was a way for all of us, the dissatisfied clients, to have a pop-up ad showing the true story behind Zoosk. Sure, they may have a few success stories, but I don't have the time or energy to send messages to fake profiles... Caveat Emptor!

Hello --- Zoosk wants photo verification and I gave them that with Facebook. I can't figure out how to do verification from my phone. I click the link and take pictures and then from there I don't know how to go from my phone back to their web site. I tried and tried. I've paid $70 and I want full access. Before I paid them money they'd tell me that numerous people sent me messages, and once I paid money I don't get many messages. Then on top of that they want more money to give me more exposure. It's a sad rip-off. When a person sends me notation of being interested I have to say --- yes, no, maybe --- and I can't first see his profile.

DO NOT WASTE MONEY ON THIS SITE! I've been using online dating sites for decades (off and on). Most are only mildly useful at matching based on all the voluminous info they ask for... This site, Zoosk, is a joke. Pay less when buying 6 months up front? For what? Their so-called SmartPick has no intelligence built in at all. I even tried wildly changing my search criteria and got the very same list of women who didn't at all match my preferences. 100 times each time through, I'd click through the list to set what I did and didn't like, only to choose dislike 100 times, with repeats every time.

DO NOT WASTE MONEY ON THIS SITE! They give you huge discounts because the money is non-refundable. Even if they failed completely and utterly to provide ANYTHING of value on the back side. Heck, the few good looking women all turned out to be false hypes to get you to sign up in the first place. Zoosk is about as bad as any false-front money scheme I've seen. I asked the to delete my account, remove any and all info from their servers. I won't get my money back, but I hope I convince others to stay away. They don't deserve to be in business. They should be shut down for the scam they are. DO NOT WASTE MONEY ON THIS SITE!

My Zoosk.com dating site account was hacked by someone else. Zoosk said their solution was for me to create a totally new email address and establish a whole new account. This was totally unacceptable that I should have to do this when I was the victim of the hack due to their own poor security. They did nothing to remove the false hack information and gave me the burden of correction. When I refused to obtain a new email address they cancelled my account. Only after strenuous objections did they finally refund my subscription.

I recently signed up with the Zoosk online dating site. Within a week I was thinking "Wow when you go on and you put in your special request it doesn't even do anything accurately." I put in height preferred, believes religion, ethnic, wishes, age, etcetera and you were constantly being contacted by people that weren't even remotely close to what your profile was. I had to block more than what I even considered interest and when I went to click on the interest when they would send me links "so-and-so is interested in you" I would put "Okay let's chat". And then when I would go to chat there was never no response. They would come up regularly singles in your area. Well I would consider my area within a 50-mile radius. They would be 100 plus miles away and they said that they would be in my city.

I would have people coming on and showing interest that look like they crawled out from a freaking Rock. Really worst site ever. I would recommend it to my worst enemy and I've been on other sites in the past. For instance Match and I did not have a bad experience. I just was wanting to try something different. It's been quite a few years and I called and cancelled my subscription after a week. They won't refund my money so I decided "Well deactivate me because I don't want my face up there. I don't want my info up there anymore." They would refund any of my money so pass the word on scam. Do not recommend this piece of crap site to anybody.

Zoosk has somehow changed my webform to a 'BILLING AGREEMENT.' Despite using my PayPal account to pay them thinking I would have protection from Zoosk being able to automatically pay themselves Paypal said the transaction was ok because of a BILLING AGREEMENT. Even if you join Zoosk for a 'one off' experience to see how you like it you will be charged again whether you like it or not. Do NOT join ZOOSK or pay them via PAYPAL. They will RIP YOU OFF with PAYPAL'S BLESSING.

Recently signed a membership with Zoosk.com and after 90 days I canceled my subscription several days prior to renewal. On the day of renewal they blocked me out of the site; 5 days later they posted a charge of $59.95 to my bank account, causing me a hardship because the bank charged me an additional $30 fee because I only keep enough money in that particular account. When I called them they wanted to cut a deal and refund half the money back. I spoke to several people that day before I could get my full refund. Now I'm working on them sending me a letter or email so that the bank can refund the $30 overdraft fee. They are a total rip-off, scammer, liar all in one!

After reading a few of these reviews I have realized I have made a mistake. I am having the same problem as a lot of other folks. Zoosk is straight up phony. There are no real people on this site. I have contacted 98 women and not one has replied. I keep complaining to Zoosk and I keep getting the same auto response. Zoosk will not answer my question and is censoring my story. I am demanding a full refund from them but I have serious doubts after reading these reviews. I will stop the payment at the credit card if need be. I don't need Zoosk to cancel my account. If necessary I will change my card number. I feel something needs to done about this. Maybe a class action lawsuit. I feel totally ripped off and pretty damn stupid for falling for this. Nothing like preying on lonely people.

I asked for a refund within 24 hours of using the site. Despite putting in specific search criteria I was being contacted by men outside of it. I had made a big mistake signing up to this site. There was no actual person to speak to, it was all done by email! They promised a partial refund, and that was at the beginning of July. I still have not received it! I have been on other dating websites, any problems I have had were dealt with by a human being on the other end of the phone, and dealt with within that phone call. I am in the process of reporting them!

Hello. Over here in England we have plenty of scams too!! On Zoosk, I supposedly have women viewing me and when I send a message trying to make contact, they say "I haven't viewed you or liked" you. This has happened so many times. We also have Plenty More Silver Fish where if you cancel your subscription, no one ever views you again! Bit strange, eh? I'm a genuine person but I do find some women just want to make the "conquest" but mostly because I'm well educated, I either intimidate or just drive women off! Coupled with the fact that (not being boastful) I'm quite good looking the rest of the women think I'm some sort of gigolo or Casanova!!

Zoosk is a total rip off. I cancelled my membership after 2 months and they blocked me from my account but, continued to charge me. I never met anyone! I don't think the site makes any effort to match you with anyone that meets the criteria that you are looking for. I never went on one date! I spoke to a few men on the phone and one man stated that he was a sadist/masochist and that he only wanted a woman that he could whip and beat during sex. He had all these clues, on his profile, that would only be understood by someone who was also a sadist/masochist. Another man, I spoke to on the phone, was still married living with his wife and three kids. His profile stated he was separated; that was clearly a lie.

Most of the men had pictures of themselves that were over 10 years old. In the first few photos, the men had hair and looked okay. After photo # 3, their pictures drastically changed; the end results were pictures of overweight, very old, bald men. These men clearly didn't read my profile, and if they did, they didn't care if they met any of my preferences.

I believe many of the profiles were fake. Their pictures resembled yearbook photos; I was looking for a man in his 40's. I mentioned that I had an advanced degree and that I preferred to meet a man who also had an advanced degree. Every guy's profile stated that they had an advanced degree but most of them couldn't spell or put a sentence together. If you are looking for a dating site, stay away from this one. I don't know any sites that are reliable or have any credibility. It was a waste of my time, energy, and money!

This site phishes other sites and sets up fake profiles so you will pay. I called them out and threatened to call the BBB and social media and they refunded me ASAP because they knew they were wrong. 20 minutes later I get a message from Zoosk that the guy I couldn't find that had messaged me all of the sudden sent me a message! I did another search for his profile and not to be found! Scam!!

I am a full member and paid $75... I already knocked 1000 member but none of them even said me "hi". Disappointed. All members are Fake... Don't waste ur money. Its total garbage...

Zoosk is a disappointment. I have created other online dating profiles with Plenty of Fish and Match.com, Zoosk is the worst! They will continue to charge you after cancellation. They refused to refund you. I had to change my debit card # to stop the payments. Then I learned Zoosk had a different definition for "deactivate" and "cancel". I deactivated my account, which takes it off the Zoosk search feed, but continues to charge you. There is no option to remove your debit card. There is NO "cancel subscription" button ONLY the "deactivate account" link. I tried Zoosk for a month and a half. Wanted to find men in my town of 90k people. Not too much to select from in the 43-53 age group. However, I went on five dates. Nothing serious developed.

My schedule got busy, I decided to cancel my subscription in mid-June. THEY CHARGED ME $32 FOR AUGUST! I have emailed customer service four times. Only robo-response emails when I contacted them to confirm the cancellation. (They do not answer their phone.) I will not go back to Zoosk. I will tell friends looking for an online dating experience to NOT try Zoosk.

I saw an google ad and made a free account on Zoosk. Then I was lured to make a paid membership account on Zoosk. When I put in my credit card details I was thinking and it automatically processed my payment without even clicking on payment processing button. I should have read these reviews, it's a totally fake website. All profiles are fake and scam. Now I will go to every forum to raise my voice against this scam. And I will also do the chargeback on my credit card soon. It's the scam of the century.

Zoosk Company Profile