Zoosk

Compare Online Dating Websites & Services

Research top Online Dating Websites & Services recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

It states it is free until you get in and it tries to charge you $80. It's a scam and I wouldn't recommend it to anybody. Then if you purchase it, it takes 29.99 a month out even if you cancel your subscription.

On top of paying the 20$ monthly fee, Zoosk forces you to spend even more money to make the site functional. Can the people you're messaging message you back? Who knows... But you can pay extra to make sure they can!... Want to see a "read" icon on your messages? That is extra for each message. It's ridiculous, its exploitative and it doesn't work. I rarely regret spending money the way I regret paying for a Zoosk membership. Anyone reading this. STAY AWAY from Zoosk... and don't trust articles that are paid to promote the site.

Zoosk is a ripoff, you try to chat and I'm not even sure if the person is getting the message. You will get at most 29$ out of 59$ investment if you want to cancel. Total Money grab, NO one answers the phone for customer service. Dating sites suck! The whole scenario sucks! Zoosk is one of the worst. Hell I'll go back to Match. Also I noticed when I was almost done creating my account BEFORE I payed them, I saw people popping up like they wanted to contact me, then they disappeared. These tactics to entice people to hurry and pay them money in hopes they will not read terms of service. I'm sick of internet sites running charlatan scam games like Zoosk.

I had just renewed my premium subscription about a month ago, but have since gotten an e-mail that my account was suspended and I was locked out. I called customer support to see if I could get a password reset and my account unlocked and they said I would need to recreate my entire profile and get a new e-mail account in order to continue the service. This was unacceptable to me and when I requested they unlock the account or provide a refund, they hung up on me. I have not been able to get through to talk to anyone since. Horrible experience and downright fraud if they took my money and will not provide the service I paid for.

There is a man on Zoosk called Leo **, claiming he is a widower of 5 years, born in Germany, relocated back in Brisbane as his mum was Australian. He claims he is a bronze sculpture working on big projects around the world. Tells you all these lovely things and asks you to get off Zoosk and go via Skype or email... Off to do a project overseas worth $750k... But when he gets to the job in another country he asks you for money for unexpected expenses... He is in his mid 50s... If I could upload a photo I would... But he is a bit baldy and has a grey beard... Kinda a bit old fashioned looking but showers you with compliments.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zoosk?

I was trying to cancel my subscription to Zoosk, but instead they wouldn't allow it until I updated my cc info. AHHH. No, I cancelled cc info for a good reason. I was no longer interested in paying for that service. Another annoying tidbit was their rotation of "suitors" you weren't allow to view their profile, just one pic. Thanks but no thanks. I like being able to read profiles. I was underwhelmed by this site. The Zoosk site is not user-friendly on many levels and I would not recommend.

Being not fond of the Tinder platform, I decided to take a chance on Zoosk and purchased a paid subscription. The platform presented well - consequently I didn't object to paying for what appeared to be a premium service. Over the next month I sent a handful of messages to some ladies that caught my interest. They accepted my request to chat, however I never received any replies back. What I found odd was these same ladies kept viewing my profile almost on a daily basis, but still there was zero interaction. That's okay - as for whatever reason, perhaps they changed their mind.

Given there were zero results for me, I had decided that I was going to end my subscription before the next bill cycle. No problems thus far. Given my profile was getting about 20 views per day, and from a handful of what I would consider eligible dates, I decided to alter the blurb on my profile. I added to it politely that I was looking at closing my subscription within the week and suggested any interested parties make contact before I go, and wished them the best in their search.

This is where I found the service questionable - Zoosk edited this important message from my blurb! The message was reasonable, it had no personal contact details, was polite and non defamatory to the company. The conclusions with the Zoosk service is it is a bit of a cash grab - even though one pays a monthly subscription, they also charge an account set up fee, charge for you to see if your person of interest has read your message, and charge for you to get premium visibility. I am also of the view many of the ladies do not have paid subscriptions, thus limiting their ability to send messages, so effectively being used as 'bait' as such. I beg the question - why would anyone sign up to a dating service if they are unable to communicate with potential dates. I would suggest avoiding this service.

I used the service for three years, cancelled it and after some time, I decided to return. To my surprise, one day, while 'carouseling', I saw a profile with another name, but all my pictures displayed. I complained and thought that they were serious about privacy. Not at all. Now I have been trying to cancel my profile again and they keep me logged as Delinquent, as I removed the payment method (PayPal). And the more shocking is that they returned my old credit card number used 5 years ago. This is a police case. Definitely abuse of ID/personal data usage, fraud, cybercrime, etc. I would not even give them a star. When they notice you are leaving your inbox gets full of messages from the most wonderful guys... Bear in mind!

As many reviews attest, this company is a complete rip off. Yes, I met a couple of people in the first week. Then the fake messages notifications start. Five messages to their "customer support" team later, one response; log out of everything, then log in through Zoosk.com. This of course makes no difference. I changed my profile to include a note that there was no point in anyone interested in my profile in messaging me as Zoosk will not let me access any messages. Zoosk "customer support" emailed within fifteen minutes advising that my new profile had been accepted with minor changes - they took out the message that Zoosk would not allow me to message people. I immediately emailed them back asking why they could respond instantly in this case, but to fix a problem that is in fact the whole point of being on the site doesn't happen. Haven't heard back yet!

There are some tricks to get round them not letting your profile go. Before you end your subscription, change your profile photo to a photo of a shadow or a photo that is not a face, or a blurred picture of a face. Change your birthdate to the earliest date setting on the website birthday selector, you'll end up being eighty or ninety or so. Take out all your personal preferences and profile info, except your initial greeting; change it to make it short - "Hi there" will do. They won't accept the post if you don't. Fill in the age range you are looking for in your profile, advising that you are looking for 25 year olds. Change the region you live in, as far away as you can. They might be able to use your old profile but nobody responded to mine when I did this - after all nobody is going to respond to a profile of a eighty five year old looking for a twenty-five year old!

After a couple of days I realized that this dating service is useless and I wanted to be refunded. First negative sign: they told me that is not possible as you can read in the terms. Therefore I used for 6 months subscriptions where you can send a sort of wink with this tool. I never received a wink back! I don't know who designed this terrible website, but what is the sense to show me people living at 300 miles away. Also there is not interaction with people. If you hope to communicate with someone, there is the function "people online", again showing random people also at 400 miles. Also in this case nobody contact me, neither to say "Hi". I was wondering if 90% of these contacts people are fake. BE CAREFUL TO SIGN A CONTRACT WITH THIS WEBSITE. It's a waste of money.

It is unacceptable for Zoosk to show my profile, but not the fact I cannot chat and am not a paying customer. This leaves people to believe I am IGNORING them, when in fact, I am not. I have tried to update my write up to include, 'Cannot chat', however, they do not allow it. This is a scam/cash grab. Someone should shut them down!

I enrolled for 30 subscription to Zoosk. I cancelled my subscription after 3 weeks. I was sent a confirmation that I quit. 2 months later I get an email saying I did not have enough credit to pay the Zoosk account that I quit 2 months before. I call Zoosk and they tell me they will refund $7.95 when they charged me $29.95 for 2 months after I quit! Not fair, so many rip offs in the world, what's an honest person to do?

Zoosk is the FAKEST SITE I've ever been on. There are multiple ways to prove that a huge number of these profiles are fake... check out YouTube for review vids proving this. I keep getting the same message from beautiful women and their names are coming to me in alphabetical order! Haha OOPS ZOOSK! Idiots.

Zoosk keeps OLD profiles so they can display more hits on the searches. I know people that have not been on Zoosk in years and I keep seeing their profile. If the profile says over 3 weeks it might have been years since the person logged on. The site does not give you the ability to filter searches by activity.

I decided to try the site out. Like other reviews, it was a flop... BUT, to prevent the renewal, on iPhone go to your iTunes Store, scroll to the bottom, tap on your email, know your password, that's where you can modify your subscription. Hope this helps someone.

I'm a divorced, 65 year old man. I'm reading 99% negative reviews and complaints on here, and I really can't understand it. I paid $29.95 for a month to see what it's all about. No one has tried to charge me any "activation" fee, and as for the extra charges for things, there is no need to pay one more red cent. I love the way the site suggests matches, love the Carousel, and love the fact they bring in other prospects from across state lines. I've been a member for just over a week, already had a terrific date with someone 100 miles away. I have a date tomorrow with a local woman I never even knew existed, even though I've been on all the other sites for 4 years. I have an arrangement, through email on the site and a phone call, with a woman 110 miles away to commence an every-other-weekend affair.

I have met another woman who lives 75 miles away and have daily phone calls with her - we're meeting soon. There are others, who are definitely real, whom I've messaged and want to meet. I just don't have the time to get to them all! The site is fun to be on, and I'm on there most of the day. Yes, yes, there are fake profiles, and yes, some women you've messaged who don't reply keep "viewing" you over and over. Of course this is manipulation by the site owners. Just ignore it! It's dishonest I suppose, but it also keeps you excited to be on the site - it stirs things up. I haven't gotten to the renewal issues yet that people are complaining about. Maybe that's true, but I'm having too much fun to unsubscribe right now. If and when I do unsubscribe, if they keep charging my credit card, I'll just deactivate the card. Simple.

I also suspect Zoosk has mostly fake accounts (or former accounts that were never deleted) and the "activity" ie, views, is automated. I ended my subscription after the first month but it would not let me delete my credit card information. When I received a message that my subscription would renew again, I cancelled my credit card to be sure it didn't go through. The only way to outsmart them -- at least I think -- is to delete your photos then hide your account. It will let you delete your profile text, but not the background info or your username. I still receive messages though as if my account is still "active" somehow. So maybe I haven't outsmarted them after all.

There are real people on there (I met a few), but the really attractive guys on there are fake -- just decoys to entice you. I've confirmed this by doing Google searches on some of the profile images -- and they're often from Pinterest. I'm also fairly certain that some of the conversations I had were fake -- the guys were supposedly interested, but their responses were really brief, then they dropped off. Just enough to keep you coming back. A real disappointment. Buyer beware. Probably best to stick with Match.

Zoosk continues to email with a pending debit to my PayPal account for a membership that DOES NOT EXIST. This company has my email and PayPal account information without giving me access to them for my concerns.

I cannot believe the joke they call Zoosk seriously. Not just this site but most. They never state that it's not really free. Even the one month cost for memberships comes with an extra 25 dollar one time fee. What the hell is that, not to mention they auto renew it which should be illegal as its states plainly one month cost. Not to mention none of the men on there are actually on Facebook. I checked into it. Two that I liked weren't even on Facebook, not to mention my matches were completely off and nothing like what my interest are. Disgusted with the site.

I joined Zoosk 6 months ago and quickly gave up on it after paying $74.95 because it was not worth my time. I noticed yesterday that they took another $74.95 from my account. When I emailed I got what was really very obviously computer generated messages back with a name at the bottom, so I called the customer service number and even though I cancelled immediately when I found this and I am ENGAGED they stated they do not give refunds. A company you that does not offer refunds knows they are scamming people. If a company knows their product or service is valuable they can offer a refund because they have nothing to fear. They basically stole my money as far as I'm concerned. Money I didn't have.

Zoosk.com billed my credit card again even though I cancelled service and deleted my account. The fee also caused an overage in my account resulting in NSF fees for it and one other transaction. Zoosk.com should seriously fix it, this is inexcusable.

I have been with this dating site for two different subscriptions. The first 6 months I had no problems. I then decided not to sign back up right away. I thought I had deleted my profile the way they told me to. When I signed back up a few months later I put in my info using the same email. I was instantly directed to my old profile which was never deleted. I really did not think much of it. After one month back on I tried to log in one day and was told that the administration had blocked my account. I was given a explanation. I have written several letters to them with no response. All I want is a explanation.

If you're reading this review, you may be wondering to yourself if it's worth it to make a financial commitment to Zoosk. I was in your exact place one time. I wondered to myself... How could a popular website like Zoosk yield such poor reviews online? Are people simply butt-hurt because they couldn't get a date? When you sign up for Zoosk, the platform seems friendly and promising. Your first red flag will appear when you realize you can't read messages from other users without paying for a subscription... But you want to, oh so badly. So you get suckered into that subscription, but before you even finish your purchase, Zoosk offers you more features for more money! And you're thinking to yourself... "Well why am I paying for a monthly subscription if I don't even get all these other features included in there?"

Then comes the last slap in the face when you get to the final checkout page, and realize that they have a $25 "one time subscription fee"... WTF is this? A gym membership? But the greed doesn't stop there. Just about anything you want to do on this website costs more money. And you start to realize that it's likely that your matches are not even getting your messages, because they may not even have a Premium Subscription. So Zoosk is actually using your messages to honeypot other users into paying for a subscription, while you're left feeling demotivated because you are not getting a reply back from anyone.

Right at this point, Zoosk delivers one last kick to the nuts. They automatically renew your monthly subscription without notifying you. What is the point of signing up for a one-month subscription vs a 12 month subscription if the former option gets automatically renewed without your knowledge. If you're like me, you are finally so fed up by their scammer approach with online dating, that you decide to deactivate your account. At least you get to feel some joy when you click through their desperate click-bait attempts to keep you as a paying member. They beg and plead with you not to deactivate your account down to the very last click. TLDR. Search for "Zoosk reviews on Consumeraffairs.com and see for yourself.

I just found out about this today, but this site has robbed me of $119.80. I paid the first $29.95 for just the SINGLE month. I NEVER requested my subscription to be renewed. Upon checking my transaction history they have charged me $29.95 for the last 4 months totaling to $119.80. There is no option to cancel the auto-renewal on their website. The only way I was able to cancel the auto-renewal was by logging into my Paypal account and canceling it from there. Do NOT go to this site!

I created a profile and paid for a 3 month subscription. First incident my profile picture was that of someone else I don't know. My profile name was the same. I changed my photo back to mine. Approx. 3 weeks later my profile completely disappeared. Gone. I created a profile again with the same ID name but now there is no evidence that I have paid for the subscription and I am no longer able to communicate with paying again. I have sent 3 emails to tech support, but I don't believe there is such a department. They took my money and ran with it.

I joined both Zoosk and Match at the same time for 6 months. During 6 months, I went out with one person from Zoosk. In the first 3 weeks I went out with 5 different people in Match. Nice and real people. Same price. Very different results. (ALERT!!! They keep making recurring charges after your expiration without telling you and don't give refunds. They keep the money. They made 3 charges of $74,95 in my bank acc after my 6 months and I did not realize. Money lost.) Try Match. It works.

I signed up to Zoosk to try and meet someone for dating. I met a wonderful man. We have been dating and have just spent a 2 week holiday together... amazing. But then it all came crashing down. He was informed that I was still an active member 4 months after I deleted subscription and account. How is this possible? They have possibly ruined my relationship. My partner now thinks I am deceiving him. After emails of complaints all I got were instructions on how to delete my account AGAIN. They are messing with people's lives and relationships without any regards of what damage and upset this causes people. It's absolutely disgusting and such a con. They should be shut down.

This is old school and it doesn't allow people to message each other without subscribing. The registration is not user-friendly and not modern. They should fire whoever gave them bad consulting advice. This is a really bad customer experience and I agree it doesn't deserve more than 1 star rating or 0 star rating if that exists!

I was on the site for 2 months but found all of the good/decent looking guys profiles to be fakes. They would take days to get back to me, if at all, and when they did they always asked something about how I liked Zoosk. I found very few men on there that either contacted me, or I contacted to be authentic, except for the really old guys that were 10 years older than my selected preference. Save your money and go somewhere else.

Zoosk customer support is poor at best. If you have trouble setting up online and app, don't expect any real help. If you want a refund of any kind, don't expect one because it's not coming. Their platform looks good, looked good when I signed up, but in the end, move on and use Match or OKCupid or Bumble or Tinder or Ashley Madison or Craigslist or anything other site and or app.

Zoosk Company Profile