3.9/5 (1128 ratings)
Find an Online Dating Sites partner
Banner image

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

About Zoosk

Banner image

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

Zoosk Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zoosk?

Original review: Jan. 26, 2023

I never went on a dating site before, so I tried Zoosk, and never again. They ask you what is your preference in looking for a woman. After all the time spent looking at many photos, they showed me people in their late 60s which was not what I was looking for. Also they will show you photos as to when they were much younger. Sometimes you'll see photos of actual models. I come to the conclusion, that the best way is to meet people through people.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2023

Out of 15 contacts only one met. Clearly a sham entry. Did skip trace on plate number and phone number. Not anywhere near where claimed. Employment followed up on and did not exist. PI followed up and confirmed as a fake user. Customer service avoided even when proof was provided.

Get buying tips about Online Dating Sites and Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2023

Numerous fake profiles who want to meet, you respond with no answer to your response. Several days later the profiles magically disappear from connection. I have reported a scammer trying to get me to meet in another platform.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2023

I purchased a 3 month subscription to Zoosk. Profiles of the same set of viewers appeared daily, but never with any likes. Anytime there was a match from mutual "likes", the other Zoosk profile never responded to messages. There was never anyone willing to talk or meet in person after the few messaging responses from mutual likes. It seems very contradictory that no Zoosk profile response ever wanted to meet offline since I believe person to person dating is the culmination of the online introduction. Also, I began getting Zoosk "smart matches" for male candidates despite stating I was a man seeking a woman.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2022

Apparently, the system algorithm picks an age range for matches for you. I'm a 65 y.o. female and it decided (for me) that the appropriate age range is 61 to 75. I wonder what the appropriate age range would be for a 65 y.o. male? Might be worth an experiment. In any case, I have zero interest in men older than me ... and even the men who "say" they are my age probably aren't. You can change the age range if you do a manual search but ... if part of the price of a subscription is for their handy/dandy features? Not worth it since they do the choosing for you.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2022

I have had multiple men reach out to me (with profile pictures and well written profiles); only to find out that they are not who they appear to be. Upon texting (by phone), talking or emailing- they have broken English, poor grammar, specifics that don’t match their profile, and are generally TOO nice. They often represent that they are from a different country and that’s why their English is poor. They are cons! They quickly block themselves from me so that I can’t report them. Ladies beware. Ask lots of questions so that you don’t waste time on these fake profiles.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2022

In my opinion and experience with Zoosk online dating service is that they spend more of their time creating fake accounts and replying and sending emails when they could be trying to figure out how to reach more people for legit accounts. Worse than the Twitter scandal.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2022

In my experience, Zoosk is an algorithm heavy based app. What does this mean to you, it means that a majority of the activities on the site such as views, messages, likes, are all automated to give the appearance that people are on the platform. I've seen some reviews that say you can not search or see profile info like age, location, etc., but that has not been my experience. I've been able to using the search, create saved searches based on specific filters like most apps, location/zip code, age range, ethnicity, education, body type, etc.

The issue for me is the view, like, message activities appears to be faked, so no one is really looking or communicating. I've not fallen for the "pay" trap, so I can not speak to the money pit of add-ons, but when I cannot trust the "activity" is real then what's the point. I recommend going to a more reputable dating app and staying clear of those that prey on people's emotional situations. Dating should be exciting and fun. Zoosk is not delivering anything but false hope to the dating community.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2022

I would get emails from them about how someone wants to meet me. Great. But could never look at their profile, could not see where they are from. Not going to start something with someone who lives half country away. But never could find that out. But geez, I had lots of ladies, according to them who wanted to meet me. Can't tell you a thing about any of them cuz this site does not let you know that. And once you pay, you should be good instead of having to continuously be prompted to upgrade to something else, which I did once, and it was the same **. Just do not even bother with this site, where initially, I thought they were better than the others.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2022

Zoosk offers up pictures and the age of potential dates but absolutely no other information and asks for a "yes, no, or maybe" response. If you do not know where someone is located, or whether they smoke or do drugs, then what good is the picture?

Zoosk Company Information