1.23/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

Zoosk

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 6, 2017

196 Zoosk Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

Do not sign up with Zoosk unless you would like to date the worst of the worst. The type of people on Zoosk have no class - no pictures. The site is a scam. You are viewed by hundreds. Really? And I got roughly 10 messages. I don't think so. If you want to meet a flake join. Otherwise, save yourself and just don't.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2017

I received well over 100 profile visits with the photos showing a text number or email address that was not in the area code of the person. As a subscriber everything written requires approval, and yet these fake profiles are accepted. I have witnessed profiles switching out. Where an alleged member’s picture suddenly changes to someone else's photo. I was a 3-month subscriber and messaged in excess of 30 women I had interest in talking with. Not one responded! Yet I would receive numerous views previous to the message and suddenly the views would stop. I can't tell you how many other things were contriving fraudulence on the part of Zoosk. I have screenshots and video evidence of all of this. I can't believe many of you are willing to stand for this. With so many feeling they have been cheated why not a class action lawsuit. If there is a lawyer out there please contact me at **.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

Do not do business with this company, they don't close the account when you ask them to, you pay them and they don't give you an account. They won't let you speak to a supervisor, customer service does not understand or communicate well at all. They don't call you back when they say they are. They literally take your money like a thief.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

My intentions when signing up with this dating site was to meet interesting men. So I subscribed for three months. (Big mistake). I learned after three days that these men were not serious... IF THEY ARE REAL. The quality of men on the site are disgusting. First of all, their questions are ridiculous and no one responds to you. Yes, they (Zoosk) send emails that a lot of men had viewed me; some wants to meet me, what happens? NOTHING. This is a pure RIPOFF. Save your money!

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

Zoosk is a total scam and ripoff! DO NOT SIGN UP FOR THIS SITE!!! I signed up and initially had many matches, but they weren't anything I was looking for. The matches got progressively worse and no one ever answered my messages. I finally canceled my subscription, which was a total pain, even after looking up how to do it, but they continue to charge my credit card. I can't find any contact information for the company whatsoever, what a surprise! I finally had to just change my credit card number on the site to a bogus number and I changed my profile to reflect how dissatisfied I am. DO NOT sign up for this site! They will only take your money and not give you anything in return!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zoosk?

Original review: Sept. 23, 2017

Have to say I was very cautious about joining, after reading some of the bad reviews. The carousel and smart picks etc are so annoying and I think they generated views and matches, and likes and smiles etc, from just throwing up profiles that you have to swipe, yes, or no to find your way out of. It's also frustrating that there is no search criteria in miles and I receive messages from people hundreds of miles away. Also no way of limiting the emails they send you to just messages received, instead all the hearts, views and smiles.

Been on the site about 2 weeks and I think that the profiles are genuine, managed to talk to a few on what's up, phones calls etc. Of course I still have to see if they are genuine people, but that wouldn't be Zoosk's fault. Some of the better-looking ones haven't contacted me, but I guess that's because they don't fancy me. The photo verification helps keep the scammers out, I think. So overall Zoosk need to clean up their site, one should be able to join for a shorter period without the price hike, to see if the site suits them. I'm keeping my fingers crossed I can meet someone special soon.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2017

I thought I was going to meet some people and I decided to join for $ 29.95 a month, so I sent "Hellos" and up to this day NO ONE!! Has ever replied to any of my messages, and the app keeps sending me notifications that this one and that one viewed me, and that someone wants to meet me, but no one replies, and this app keeps asking me to update to get better replies in no time with a low $ 9.95 a month more, so what a RIPOFF this app is, I tried to call the number but all I got were a machine...

Original review: Sept. 12, 2017

12/9/2017 I had been hesitating for two weeks over Zoosk but I kept getting 'messages'. I decided that this could not be a bad thing. Or, at least, it couldn't be a scam. So I signed up. $34.95. I was more concerned about being able to cancel because of their roll-on policy of charging until I cancel. Back to the messages. With so many, well 8 at last count and photos I thought these people are genuine. So I paid and opened the messages and each one was exactly the same. A computer generated message activated with a click.

I replied to their 'messages'. Kept it simple. Avoided being obnoxious, I think. "Hi. My name is... I work in the city as a... Just finished at the gym (ie I like to keep fit) and now having a quiet beer." And that was hours ago and not a single reply. Now, I'm ok if a person isn't interested. That's fine. But really is that the case here; 8 messages I pay, I reply then suddenly nothing? I feel cheated. And then there is the mystery that is buy 'coins'. What is that about? Thanks for listening.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2017

I ran across an article on Facebook which had Zoosk as the top dating site. I should have dug deeper and would have probably found Zoosk wrote the piece. I sure wish I had read these previous reviews before signing up. I can't even find a way to contact them; it must be out there as others have said they talked to customer service. I'm only a few weeks into this but first, the site is very confusing. You don't know what certain buttons really mean and there is no tracking of who you have sent messages to. I've sent around 8 messages and have heard from no one. Strange to me! And many of the picks they send me are over 100 miles away. Don't join.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

I keep getting notifications that the same women have viewed me repeatedly and some are much younger than the age group I am searching in. I always ask if in fact they have viewed me and the ones who were kind enough to answer said no. I asked Zoosk as well for an explanation on this and this is what they said, "Views can be generated when other members interact with any information on your dating profile. This can include your photos or dating profile information (Story, Perfect match, Ideal date, etc.). Because search results and views list include your primary profile photo, cycling through these lists can generate views, but is only intended to inform you that a portion of your profile has been viewed."

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

My review will be the same as every other review on here. Zoosk = COMPLETE AND TOTAL SCAM. If you like throwing your money away, this site is perfect for you. I was looking through some pics and clicked on a very attractive blond girl. She claimed she had an advanced degree but her grammar was PITIFUL. For "Ideal date" she wrote "idk. I still learn to date." She spelled "myself" as "my self" (two words). In the "about me" section she wrote "i'm not looking for a sugar daddy I just look for a man what believe in God and is financial stable."

It was a very suspicious profile. Most likely some ** found her pics on another site and uploaded them to a scam profile. Of the women I wrote to or was interested in NOT ONE ever responded. I've been told lots of times that I look just like Triple H, so it's odd why I got Zero responses. The women that did send me messages or wanted to meet were, let’s just say, not very easy on the eyes. I know that sounds wrong but physical attraction is a must. Also you have to pay before you can even see the profile of someone who wrote to you and then, if you respond to them, you have to purchase coins to see if they read your message. TOTAL SCAM. I give it one star because there's no option for zero stars.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2017

I signed up as a dare from a friend of mine. I've been on it a week, sent out multiple contacts & received nothing but scripted responses in return. It resembles a pyramid financial scheme where you must pay extra for each additional BASIC communication response. Don't do it. Check out other reviews & they'll say the same. Be sure to call your bank to BLOCK auto deductions/transfers etc. It's a ripoff that takes full advantage of the lonely & gullible. I give it a 1 star only because there isn't anything lower.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2017

I receive upwards of 50 profiles every day that apparently viewed me. The problem here is that 99% of the profiles are the same ones day after day. I sent out messages to several of these women. I got 3 responses that were identical. "It's the Zoosk computer, not me." It is impossible to tell which profiles are legit and which ones are not. In conclusion Zoosk is nothing more than a scam like hundreds of other dating websites.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

I hope that this will get to people considering this program. The entire site is a scam. They ask to join, I took out the six month program. As soon as you get to the site they try to sell coins, upgrades, and even want to charge more for the benefit of you knowing if someone actually read your communication. They never stop asking for additional money. Forgetting the money issue, they will show a few very nice looking females in the correct age group when you contact them the possibility of a return email is slight. After a few visits they block you until you put your pic up. I have no interest in putting a picture online. I called their customer service and when I explained the situation they wanted to know why I would not put up a picture. I explained quite clearly that it was none of their business.

I told them that I just wanted my money back and to get off of their site... and this is where the Used Car Model comes into play. They offered to cancel the auto renewal function. I said that I wanted my money back. The guy goes off line to ask his manager. Again, just like a used car dealer. Again I said no. Then they offered to give me 10% back. This went back and forth up to 50%. I ended the issue by informing them that they really didn't have to do anything. I would call my CC company and have their charge removed... and promised to get a few guys from my IT group to spend the rest of the day posting on social media. They gave it all back. This is the only review I am writing. If you are interested in online dating, I would suggest that you go online and read the reviews. Whatever you do, stay away from these scammers.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2017

Nearly everyone I went out with was nice but there were a few ungentlemanly fellows on this site. There was no one that was a match for me. There were several serial daters on this site but maybe the problem was my location and the sheer lack of population.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2017

I couldn't get into my profile and sent a message to customer services, which was never replied to. When I magically got into the site after many attempts (this time when responding to an email sent by Zoosk), my profile was empty, and I was no longer subscribed. When I found a phone number, I spoke to a woman who told me my account had been blocked for security reasons, which she refused to give me details on. They verified my identity by asking me to describe my main profile picture and told me I could resubscribe, but I would have to use another card. When I asked why, she said that my original card had been blocked for security reasons. I asked why if one card wasn't safe, why another would be. A person I had been communicating with said when he had gone to my profile, a strange picture of a young woman with an email address on the picture came up, and then he couldn't find me at all.

I believe my account had been hacked, but the Zoosk rep wouldn't confirm that. When I asked to speak to a supervisor, I was told there was no supervisor available and that they don't do callbacks. I was told over and over by their rep that she was telling me all she is permitted to tell me, which was nothing. I confirmed that they refunded my money, but I have yet to get a response to either of the emails I sent inquiring into the matter.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2017

Thought I had met a real Special guy on this site. Seemed credible so we would email back & forth. Got each other's cell numbers so that went on for 24 hours... when he wouldn't answer my question directly I got concerned. I know people in police department so had his background checked with all of his phone numbers, his full name but he would not give me a street address, or name of company where he worked.

He didn't do Facebook but I do so I started investigating myself cause I was falling hard. Checked on his name on Facebook, didn't match the picture at all that was posted on your website, nor the ones he sent me. Police came to the same conclusion either I was being catfished or he stole someone's identity. I pray this doesn't happen to anybody else. Girls be aware cause you will be taken advantage of emotionally like I was. This by the way wasn't the only site. I reported 2 others on 2 different sites... so If the Lord doesn't drop them in my lap I am so done!

Original review: Aug. 9, 2017

What a scam - they seed the board with attractive photographs of fake people who *never* respond to your messages or gifts. You'll get messages from people wanting to chat, but they don't reply even when you are online and immediately respond. Supposedly these people 'like' you and are constantly checking out your profile, but when you expend coins (purchased separately, of course) they haven't read anything. Good grief.

I thought there was a problem with my account so I called customer service - the representative argued with me and was downright rude. Just terrible. Zoosk exists solely to bleed you dry (money, money), and to give you false hope. I really wish CA or the BBB would deal with fraud sites like this - they are a bane to honest and decent folk looking to communicate with others. Don't waste your time or money - I'd completely avoid Zoosk (it's fake) at all costs!

Original review: Aug. 6, 2017

I entered my credit card information for membership for Zoosk and applied for a three month term. I was able to text with two women who I liked and they asked me to send them a message with more information about myself. One even asked me for my contact cell phone number so I texted it. In less than 24 hours the profiles of both of these women had disappeared off the entire site. It's like they never existed. Now I have a subscription for a dating site that is nothing more than a scam. Think I'll call my credit card company and tell them to stop payment.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

I would never recommend this site, I've had so many scam artists hit on me. And the men that aren't scam artists ended up looking for only one thing that I am not interesting in just sleeping with just anyone.

Original review: July 29, 2017

I initially subscribed as a free member and almost immediately started receiving messages, winks, and a surprising number of views. Of course I had to upgrade to get the details. After spending some time on the site I learned there is no relevance or value as to who viewed you. The site "serves" profiles to you, so views are going to happen whether someone is interested or not. If you do message someone, they can't reply unless they upgrade OR you upgrade your account with an option to ensure they can. The Carousel is also a great disappointment. After viewing over 100 pictures ONLY the "Ideal Match" was rarely someone I would like to meet and of those that I did message, I received no response. How "ideal" is that? Experiences with the daily "smart pics" are similar.

The Zoosk experience was less than satisfactory and it is clear they are in it for the money. Extra money to see if someone has read your message or for virtual gifts where the only real winner is Zoosk. You can even pay more for a "boost" to increase the number of views! I'm not sure how they curate potential partners but there doesn't seem to be any logic to the method. I cancelled my subscription and terminated my account - permanently. As of this writing I haven't received any emails or notices other than confirmation that my account was successfully removed from the site.

Original review: July 24, 2017

Memberships are free. Subscriptions are not. I signed up for a 6 month subscription. I got a very low rate of replies and began to wonder why. Members cannot reply. They cannot even read the messages sent. Yes, I was sending messages to some people who cannot even read them or reply to them!!! (In other words, Zoosk was letting me waste my time sending messages that could not be read unless recipient had a subscription) Only someone with subscription can reply UNLESS I pay another 9.99/month for "premium messaging." I called Zoosk and ask how many of the advertised number of members were actually subscribers and they would not tell me. Whole experience made me feel Zoosk is very misleading!!! Shame on them!

Original review: July 18, 2017

I don't know how it got on my Safari web data and it won't go away when I clear my data. It seems like it planted itself in my computer and I asked online with Apple and other tech support and it still wouldn't clear. I think it's illegal because I think they are trying to invade my privacy?? Not sure and I will never sign on with them. I do not trust them. I never had an acct with them.

Original review: July 16, 2017

They post fake accounts that send you fake messages to get you to subscribe. Not cool! I winked at two different women & received the exact same reply from both: "I enjoy winks, but I like messages better.:)" Of course, I didn't see these replies until I paid 30 bucks to join. Now, you're supposed to personalize instant wink replies (I have one), but two people with the EXACT same instant reply (including smiley face)? SCAM!!! I decided to write them back. Astoundingly, one of them wrote me back, but her English was abominable. She told me she was from Europe, so I thought maybe she'd only been here in the US for a little while. Then, she said she'd been here for 16 years. Then, she said she was seeing someone, but was on Zoosk to meet friends.

Ok, that's fine. She was the first one to bring up meeting. When I asked her when, her profile disappeared!!! I now think this was a Zoosk employee who was writing me the 2 weeks. Who does that? How misleading and disheartening. Be wary of purchasing coins. If you don't select the option not to, they will automatically charge your card when your coins dwindle to a certain number. It's often hard to find good folks to date... Zoosk and other sites know this, so they prey on people like us. DON'T LET THEM! I even wrote to them about fake profiles, no response (shocking lol).

Original review: July 14, 2017

I have tried canceling the service deleted and disabled Zoosk from my email but I am still receiving potential dating requests to hook up. This needs to stop ASAP. Zoosk is doing absolutely nothing about it. It is causing concerns in my marriage.

Original review: July 14, 2017

I have tried to sign up with Zoosk twice. Both times I specifically checked off "woman looking for a man". Both times they matched me with women. The first time I contacted customer service & received no response, so I deactivated my account. That was about 6 months ago. I gave it another try & the same thing happened! Once, again I contacted customer service & received no response but continued to be sent profiles of women. I have deactivated my account & will never have anything to do with them again! Horrible Experience!

Original review: July 12, 2017

I hesitated to subscribe to Zoosk but it came up as the number 1 dating site so I did it. The matches that were sent were much further than the 20 miles I used as a parameter. Also, the guys were way older than I indicated for my interest. The site is not easy to navigate and there's always a glitch in being able to open the pic of a smartmatch. When I called to ask for a refund because the matches did not meet the parameters I established on the site, the rep said that there are no refunds. So, I lost my $30.00 and learned a lesson. I'll just find other venues because these dating sites are just not worth it. Don't Do It!

Original review: July 11, 2017

They reactivated my subscription after I unsubscribed and debited my MC card without my authorization. Stay away from them. It's all a scam. The worst though, what they did almost ruined my relationship with my fiance. She thought I was playing around. These people are not in the business of hooking up couples. They are preying on singles and trying to milk them to the very maximum. I didn't meet my fiance through this website. I met her on another website that's FREE.

Original review: June 29, 2017

I can sum my experience with Zoosk in a nutshell. They suck! Try as I might, I can't delete my account. They edited my about me because I said I was leaving the site. They also blocked access to messages I had to pay an upcharge for. Go somewhere else.

Original review: June 28, 2017

Shocking poor customer service, poorly written Android App, Expensive as on top of membership fee they bombard you with adverts to upgrade even further and buy very expensive coins to promote your profile and you even need to pay to see who likes you! Avoid! I found a friend's profile on there whom left the site 8 years ago, no cleaning of their profiles at all so they can boost their statistics.

Zoosk Company Information