1.23/5
Based on 136 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

318 Zoosk Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

A Zoosk feature is "carousel," where members allegedly announce they want to meet you. It costs "coins" (may be earned, but mostly seem to be sold to already-paid members) to make or respond to a carousel selection. The announcement is moderated; you get a notice that "(name) wants to meet you! Is the feeling mutual?" But these notices are curious. 28 people have selected to meet me over a couple of months. Exactly three times. In exactly the same order each time. With no other members selecting/contacting me. And no one I said, "Yes," to contacted me further. The same 28, exclusively, in the same order, three times. And no follow up. What conclusion would you draw?

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

Zoosk doesn’t allow you to see people near you. Zoosk CONTINUALLY asks you to upgrade or pay FOR OTHERS TO GET YOUR MESSAGES! Good luck trying to find someone twice. If you accidentally swipe, you CANNOT go back without paying a fee! This site is crap and I mean crap! It’s the worst $79.99 I spent. I severely recommend NOT even posting on this site. Oh, besides that you may find one or two people within 5 miles. Everyone lives hundreds or thousands miles away. It truly is THE WORST! STEER CLEAR AND STICK WITH GRINDR OR SCRUFF. They actually show you people nearby and you can actually communicate with them without paying 9.99 to “boost your profile” for a freaking CHANCE that someone might read it. ZOOSK IS A RIPOFF SITE! Don’t PAY A DIME ON THIS SITE!

Get expert buying tips about Online Dating Sites and Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

I applied to this dating site following my divorce. Not prepared for what was ahead. l was bombarded by divorced men largely. Not knowing the behind many of these profiles are fibs of age or even criminal activity. Well I was not prepared for the scams on the site nor were there any warnings from this company itself. No way to complain or report. Furthermore this site states they are not reasonable about what happens on their own site. Here’s one common scam overseas. Civil Engineer but you think he is an interested person looking for love. Turning to but stuck in a country in need of money or an iTunes card. Continues so long as you want any relationship and they prey on vulnerable women looking for love. I am telling what happened so that the next person will see and hopefully prevent this hurt.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

To be very brief, I joined Zoosk about a month ago. I think it's a joke. I've responded to multiple profiles, e.g. "I like you, you like me, let's meet". It never goes any further...no meetings. Same profiles no matter how you customize your search. Terrible for middle age group. The majority of profiles that show up for me look like my grandmother. Never again!

Updated on 08/13/2018: After receiving 0 responses from profiles, even after they said they were interested in me, I called Zoosk to complain and they gave me messaging for free. All of a sudden I received messages that so and so was online and wanted to chat. I did chat with a few people, really not knowing if they were who they said they were. Well, two were not. One gave me a phone number to text her. Instead, I called and no answer and when I told “her” she kept saying “text me” and I knew something was up. Another profile listed at 33 years old (I’m 65) sent me the option to chat. Her profile said she lived in CO, where I do. I thought I would play along and asked where she was and I was told New York.

After a couple of texts I knew it was a fake profile. Here comes the clincher... I chatted with a couple of women who appeared to be local and after asking them if they wanted to meet locally at a public place, they didn’t respond. All of a sudden I started getting “Wants to chat” messages every second from profiles saying they were in Florida, which I thought was weird. Every one had a message already in there appearing to come from me with my profile picture attached to the message... the same message on every single profile.

I knew that my profile was hacked! I sent an email to the support dept at corporate and demanded a full refund. The response was that I wouldn’t be charged anymore beyond my subscription. I put in a charge dispute claim with my bank, closed my credit card and kept all emails from Zoosk, the last one saying they would refund me, without giving a dollar figure. STAY AWAY FROM ZOOSK!

Original review: July 31, 2018

I tried Zoosk few times, and few times was only disaster. This was my last and worst experience. They offered me 6 months for a very price, I decided to give them a chance. You are not only getting limited profiles but always the same trashy fake profiles from non-existing people. Tomorrow supposed to be my last day before my subscription expires before midnight. I called them around 9:00 PM after I realized that my account was charged day before my subscription expires. They charged my credit card without my permission, before 5:00 PM (they are working only until 5:00 PM EST). Dishonest scammers! Never ever Zoosk!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zoosk?

Original review: July 30, 2018

I decided to take one more stab at online dating since “experts” say it is a great way to meet people. I did Match.com a couple of years ago and didn’t like it, but decided to give Zoosk a try because it was rated as one of the best. I signed up for the 6 month membership to really give it a chance. I’m not a model, but definitely attractive and a good catch. In the first 3 months, I’ve met two men in person for coffee. One talked an hour and a half about his ex-wife and was living for free in a friend’s RV. The other talked the first 10 minutes about his health problems. Neither asked me much about myself. It was pretty dismal.

Most men contacting me immediately want to email or text outside the site which defeats the privacy and safety features I want to preserve. One was looking for a new girlfriend after his one of 6 years found a serious relationship and he didn’t want to interfere. The catch was his wife doesn’t want sex with him and encourages him to look elsewhere; would I be his new “friend”? The last guy I sent about 3 messages back and forth told me my volunteering was “typical old lady stuff”. Lol, I’ve found this site full of losers, trollers, and scammers.

I’ve already canceled my subscription, but that was a challenge because it has to be done through iTunes (Googled the directions because it was difficult to find how to get it canceled). I did that when I got a message from a guy thanking me for the message I sent him...but since I never sent him one and he wasn’t someone I would, that made me feel Zoosk is not legit. It seems random messages are sent to and from you just to keep you interested in the site. I will not be doing the online thing again. Not worth my time.

Original review: July 27, 2018

I haven’t received any response from this site. I accepted every women I saw, cast a wide net. I haven’t received any replies because I’m not spending more money. If I keep buying stuff from this site I won’t have nothing left for my date. They're just throwing up everyone. Then you choose them. Then you have to pay to read their message confirming your mutual admiration. How wonderful that feels vice versa. Then you're faced with a new unexpected hurdle. More money. I’ve been on the site about a week and I tried to back out an hour after but I’d already paid. At least I can do for myself fail without paying more and more money go to a bar or event.

If you're lazy and want to spend money before you spend money for nothing join this site. I would score this site as an F minor. 6 blank stars for this company. I wish I could get money back. Not a chance but working on my cancellation now. I’ll have it all done in a couple days. Wanna get lucky? Don’t get Zoosk. Go to the market, outdoor events etc, don’t be lazy like me or you’ll have to PAY mo’ money mo’ money mo’ money and still can meet a live persons without nothing to show for it.

Original review: July 24, 2018

I used this app for about a month. Much like many of the reviews I received a lot of matches, hearts, and smiley faces but no real conversations. Much like Tinder. A lot of men looking for a hookup buddy. No real conversations until well I decided to respond to one of the smiley face messages with an actual question based off his about me. I spoke to the gentleman (aka my fiancé) for about a month before we went on our first date. We had so much in common the conversation went on and on without noticing that it was 2 am. Mind you I read his lengthily about me that helped me determine if I even wanted to start a conversation. I canceled my account shortly after, it was very easy and have not received a message from the site since. Before this site I was on many free or different dating sites and see similarities in how people interact on these sites.

Original review: July 23, 2018

Once you pay the initial they always try to get you to spend more, ie, to get messages if someone is interested in you. Also, they do not pay attention to your personal info, as to persons in your preferred area. All I get are people in New York, Canada when I especially noted a 20 mile area of my home. Will certainly not renew.

Original review: July 22, 2018

I joined Zoosk but not as a paid member until I decided I liked the site. A few days in I started messaging with this member. I saw that he kept on viewing me what seemed like every hour for a few days. Of course I was excited thinking he was really interested in me. Long story short through my investigation and other reviews, it turns out that Zoosk pushes through fake views to entice people to pay for subscription. Well they didn’t entice me. Instead they discouraged me and I closed my account.

Original review: July 18, 2018

I really don't know where to start with this 30 dollar waste! From the price to the computer generated views that never happen by the actual person to the search selection (that is completely useless) and the quality of men. Okay, I get it! When Tinder came to be, it gave the green light for men (and women) to just look for hookups. Problem is they brought their behavior to other sites. Paid sites, free sites, any and all sites. So if you are a single woman today and you are looking to meet someone to get to know Zoosk is NOT the place. Yes, you can fill out the lengthy questioner as to what you are looking for in a prospective mate. HOWEVER, that means absolutely nothing! Not even on a SAVED search! So you spend most of your time blocking (not interested) because Zoosk just randomly sends views to your profile. And if someone actually does view you, Zoosk just keeps sending views by the person who really only views you once!

How do I know this to be true, because I emailed a guy and asked him, “Are you shy?” And, “How many times did you view me.” Response 1 time! But yet it showed him viewing me at least 10 20 per day. I had to block him (which really was not him) but Zoosk! And then there are the men who ask for more photos of you... Why? Because 5 is just not enough! You need a photo album? This man just assumed that I wanted him or was desperate enough to send him more photos! So just save yourself some money, go to the other crappy sites that are free and have the same effect. POF and Badoo in the long run, you will have saved money and maybe a little bit of your sanity. Happy hunting.

Original review: July 17, 2018

If youre looking for a new mate youll never find her or him on this phony website. 1. Theres no way to screen for body type. 2. Theres no way to screen for race. 3. And youre not going to hear from anyone because the site is as phony as a 3 dollar bill!!! Yep, it's just another bogus dating site, meant to steal your money and give you one bogus picture after the other to look at. Save your money guys. Find a good bar with live music and stay away from this farce of a dating site.

Original review: July 15, 2018

Zoosk is a scam dating site Ladies and Gents. Guys stay away from this site. They are thiefs. I get robbed. In the system there are no real people. No one is responding to your message because there is only fake pictures.

Original review: July 14, 2018

I signed up for Zoosk because it is rated as the top dating site. TOP apparently means most suckers. This is some of the worst software I have seen that is being sold as a working product. It does not work well. So far the worst is the Chat feature. Messaging would be better with a tin can and string. This is unacceptable. I want my money back! Messages get hacked up and strung out. It's a mess. No excuse for this. There is working, tested chat software available. Instead they pay 100 monkeys to create junk that has their name on it!

Original review: July 11, 2018

I signed up for Zoosk and had been communicating with a gentleman who I was very interested in. Went into my account this afternoon and there were pictures of a woman other than myself on my profile. My email and phone number had also been changed. This person was communicating with gentlemen using my account and it was obviously intended to scam money from men. I emailed Zoosk to let them know. They CLOSED my account without replying to my email. I called Zoosk and they said I would have to create a new account under a different email but any communication I had was lost. A male friend was contacted by a different scammer on Zoosk a few months ago so this is not an isolated incident. I asked what security measures they were taking to protect their customers and they were very vague. Zoosk is quick to take subscription money but seems not at all concerned about protecting customers.

Original review: July 9, 2018

Aside from the hours I'd spent trying to get through to customer service in connection to a sex offender who is on their site (I finally had to call new subscriptions to get through to someone), I gave them all the info they could have needed to get this person off their site, and had many different reasons as to why they couldn't find him. I'm sure they'd have found him if he owed them money. Had to insist on escalating this. He was finally taken off the site, but... in 5 days he was back on! And, you know, it costs 28$ a month to as many background checks as needed. Why can't a multi-million dollar business not only not be able to find someone who could be a danger to its customers, but find it too much to spend pennies to do what's right? Almost all of the sites are like this, so - women AND men - do your due diligence unless with one of the few sites that actually take that one important step to have an ethical business.

Original review: July 5, 2018

Many profiles contained the same generic verbiage and it immediately became clear they were scripted and computer generated. Makes me wonder if most of the people on the site are real. The computer generated responses were based on my activity being monitored to see who I've attempted to contact. The amount of views again and again by the same people is unreal.

Took part in 'carousel' to help determine my 'type' a few times, kept getting basically same types to reject. Got bombarded with 'views' and 'matches' who were totally opposite to my search and filter criteria, advanced education, no smoking, or they resided 100+ miles away. Kept receiving the same pics/matches that I showed no interest in, over and over. Zoosk seemed to match me with profiles of females I would NOT date. Sent messages to persons that “viewed” my profile I was interested in, they never responded. As as a full account member you shouldn't have to pay extra 'coins' for additional privileges to see if response were even received. A waste of time and money. I chose this based on Google's rating of #1. Where did this rating come from? Definitely would not recommend it to anyone. Four days of fruitless and worthless results. I regret it.

Original review: July 4, 2018

Lots of smiles and hearts, but absolutely not one single person actually interested in something actual -- which tells me it's a scam. You have to buy "coins" to connect with anyone where there might be potential. Truthfully, online dating is mostly people who like to look, but have no intention of buying, but Zoosk is the absolute worst. Once you've paid for a membership, you shouldn't have to give them more money to get membership benefits. Run like hell from these crooks.

Original review: June 30, 2018

Just to add to all the comments already written, they make it nearly impossible to cancel your subscription so it doesn't renew. I'm still trying to figure it out with the help of Apple customer service. With so much competition in dating sites, I'm surprised they're able to survive.

Original review: June 30, 2018

I first would like to cite that my only reason for rating my experience as only one star is because I can't give it a zero. Were it possible, in fact, Zoosk would be getting a negative five stars after the experience I have had. After being single for nearly five years after the girlfriend I'd been with began dating another man (leaving me empty-handed), I decided it was finally time to move on and restart my love life. My first choice would have been to sign up with a professional introduction service, since my past experiences with online dating have hardly been gainful ones, but the admission cost was not within parameters of my personal budget at the time. Options were limited however, since I work in a male-dominated profession, have very limited social life, and am not churchgoing (nor do I want to be).

Needless to say, when it came to finding love once again, online dating was about the only available avenue at my disposal. Reviews of Zoosk I had read online rated it a cut or two above others of its caliber, mainly on grounds of its superior ease of usage. My mother, who habitually accuses me of never taking anyone's suggestions, suggested I give Zoosk a trial. So, in an earnest attempt to be more flexible than I'm credited with being, and attempting to adhere to an occasional suggestion, I purchased a six-month membership. Within the first week of using Zoosk, I found myself regretting my decision. After browsing numerous profiles of local singles, many of whom would have been perfectly compatible with me based on profile information, I sent out several messages in an attempt to initiate conversation. Number of replies: Zero.

This process repeated itself throughout the subsequent weeks and months. Again, not one single response, save for one who replied to say I lived too great a distance from her for a relationship. I did, however, receive a few messages from members who engaged me in an effort to initiate contact. What can be said about them? Now, this is coming from someone who is not overly picky about physical attraction by any means, and these women (a term I'm using advisingly) were what I can only describe as being the most hideous-looking things running around on two legs. It's not entirely necessary that I be matched with a pageant bombshell, but when I can't discern their gender based on appearance, that's a problem. That I, a college-educated, decently attractive, good-natured 33-year-old guy with a full-time job, a solid career, and even my own house can't catch a single break in this department is inconceivable.

And by the way, I have a warning for those of you that may be considering Zoosk: the $60 membership fee is only the cost of admission. Using any "features" offered means you'll be dishing out several more dollars. They even charge you extra to see if members you've messaged have received or read your messages to them, I kid you not. As if the bitter note my last relationship ended on wasn't embittering or frustrating enough, now I'm being gypped out of my hard-earned money for merely making an earnest effort to put the adverse memories behind me and start anew. Meanwhile, my ex and her new lover are happy as two birds in a tree while I'm still struggling. I rip my own hair out knowing that with what I spent on this subscription, I could have filled my car's gas tank two if not three times.

My brother, who met his fiancee on Match.com, suggested possibly trying a more reputable, more "mainstream" dating service. As noted previously, most of my past experiences with online dating sites has been less than successful, and the Zoosk stint erodes the credibility even further needless to say. I may consider his suggestion with reservations, but will do so cautiously. So here you go, Mom, here's your answer as to why I never take your suggestions. Be it ** on a boar, ** on a sow, or just a brake light on a camel's **, all you have to do is pick your analogy. Zoosk is useless, but that doesn't mean they won't take your money, because they will. Steer clear and don't let them.

Original review: June 29, 2018

I was using Zoosk successfully when suddenly I got access denied. No idea why. It asks me to answer questions but when I click continue it goes straight to access denied. When I click on customer support it goes straight to access denied. I had contacts on there that I can’t now talk to. If I delete and start again I will lose all my data. There are 2 phone numbers and they both have the message temporarily unavailable. Has anyone else had this problem and resolved it? It is extremely frustrating and annoying.

Original review: June 26, 2018

I was woken up this a.m. by a church member who let us know that my husband's photos and general information had been used to create a profile on this site!!! A silly Halloween picture, drinking songs, meals and bad spelling are dead giveaways for this multi degreed minister, who I'm sure will have his own complaints when he has time, but really, who vets your people? I'm sure people don't want to waste any more time on love than we do on all this being hacked garbage!!! Follow up with phone calls or something!!! Take this profile down, someone will get hurt, and not by my husband?

Original review: June 25, 2018

I joined Zoosk in January 2017. I had lots of viewers, and a few smiles and hearts, but no one wanting to meet until 14 FEB 17 when I connected with a really nice man who lived a couple of hours away. We saw each other a few times because he worked most weekends. Long story short, he turned out to be a serial dater and one woman was not enough for him, not a relationship I cared for. I have met a couple of other men since being on the site, but most men are too far away, or are scammers (engineers who work out of the country, etc.), always a red flag. The men say they want a relationship, but most really don't, they just want a hook-up or just want to view you and not say anything. I have cancelled my membership after being on the site for a year and a half and not meeting anyone worthwhile. It has been entertaining and something to do, but that's about it.

Original review: June 23, 2018

I concur with all the other 1 star reviews. Total scam, easy to subscribe but very hard to cancel. Once I managed to cancel they sent me notices that many nice looking ladies had recently been attracted to my profile and pressed me to subscribe again so I could connect with them. This continued for about two years after I had unsubscribed. I actually knew a couple of the ladies they said were interested in me, and had known them for many years, and those specific ladies had never tried to contact me at any time. Why would they as we already did things together, socially, and had for many years.

They had also been scammed by Zoosk and had dropped their subscriptions but continued to get trolled to Re-subscribe. ATTRACTED TO ME AFTER I HAD CANCELLED MY SUBSCRIPTION??? By definition that means they left my profile active for a couple of years after I told them to delete my profile. Had good luck over the years with Match.com for dating and eHarmony if you are looking for marriage or a committed relationship. Zoosk is a fraudulent site as evidenced by leaving my profile active long after I parted ways with them. Seems to be a pattern with their reviewers.

Original review: June 11, 2018

I cancelled my subscription before the date that they would automatically charge for another month. And they still charged me for another month and would not refund my money. I feel they are running a scam and are not worth doing business with.

Original review: June 10, 2018

I joined Zoosk back in September 2017. I honestly don’t know what people are talking about in these reviews that there are fake profiles. I had several new and different men who contacted me each day. There were plenty of “real people” on the site. While I must admit that 98% of the men on the site were not men I would date, they were plenty of people to choose from and get to know.

What people don’t seem to realize is ONLINE DATING IS A NUMBERS GAME!!! You can’t go on one date and assume that is going to be the end-all, be all. (But if it does happen, congrats to you!) Usually, it takes a while to find the right match for you, and people are impatient about that. Less than a month on the site, I met a really good man and we dated for eight months. He was the first healthy relationship that I have been in and we had a great time together. In the end, we decided to mutually end the relationship because he wanted me to move in with him and for personal reasons I wasn’t able to. But please note, this has nothing to do with Zoosk! I talked to a few men on this site and they were good guys.

From other reviews I’ve seen from multiple sources, Zoosk is rated higher than most of the others. I have been on Match (and was stalked by a con man), eHarmony, and Chemistry. I really think Zoosk is the best because of its user-friendly interface and amount of people on the site. But, you have to be smart about it. Trust me, I’ve learned the hard way that if he seems too good to be true... He probably is. And RUN if he asks for money. Trust your instincts and really get to know somebody before you determine this is the person you want to date long-term let alone marry. In my case, if I really want to date somebody on a long-term basis, I pay $11 for a background check. It has saved me a lot of heartache and disillusionment in the process. Honestly, I don’t think you can go wrong with Zoosk. Good luck!

Original review: June 10, 2018

It appears that not all "matches" are current, that is, some of the people viewed do not have a current membership and cannot be contacted/cannot respond. I tried to provide the date my membership was good through on my profile and it was not allowed. As is, the site is a waste of time and money. Membership can only be discontinued using a PC. I joined using a phone, why can't I quit the same way? This site is a sham, totally.

Original review: June 7, 2018

Of all the guys out there, Zoosk matches me with my ex-fiance I left via police escort for my protection. Definitely a bad call, Zoosk! The name-calling, online stalking, producing evidence of his online stalking with pieces I'd posted on a recipe website (!) continued until I blocked him. Needless to say, that ended my Zoosk account. And online, offline dating in general. I have 2 jobs and a teen to homeschool. My time for anything outside of career, kid, pets is pretty limited. Why waste it with potential criminals, police involvement?

Original review: June 5, 2018

Save your money. This site monitors your activity to see who you're attempting to contact...then sends you phony emails pretending to be the contact. Just to give it the appearance of a site that would bring two interested parties together...it's a total scam!!! This site couldn't match Adam and Eve. Worthless!!

Original review: June 4, 2018

Experience has been unique. All kinds of unique characters. I like the many questions we were asked to join and make a profile. But I wish they would ask a little more personal question to really get a closer connection get. I enjoyed the company of many members. I felt like the connections were genuine. I like how everything in my profile is set up and how I can post any picture I want. I get updates of my members constantly. I really like that I don't miss on any new member. I would very much share and recommend this site to anyone looking for love.

Zoosk Company Information

www.zoosk.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business