1.23/5

339 Zoosk Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

I had gone on different dating sites for a few years took breaks here and there. Then went on Zoosk a year and a half ago talked to a few men met some. Then I talked to this one man for about a month and we met and we both knew right away that we had found the right person. We hit it off right away and a year and half later still going strong. So I highly recommended using Zoosk. It was easy to fill out the requirements and easy to navigate. Thank you Zoosk for making the right match!!!

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

I had joined Zoosk for 1 month and paid thru PayPal. I would receive messages at 2:00 AM with a message from some chick and when I would click on messages there would be butt ugly women and nothing like what I was looking for. So I called and canceled my subscription before the 30 days were up, however my card was charged again because PayPal set them up on recurring payments so I should have known to go in and stop any recurring payments. Then called the customer support agent. She stated there wasn't anything she could do for a refund. So I explained to her the next call would be from N.C. Attorney General's consumer protection office for misrepresentation and deceptive pay plans. She then put me on hold and a supervisor stated there would be a credit issued that day and said she was so sorry for the mix up. Just some insight - don't be afraid of using the same method and your refund will happen quickly.

Get expert buying tips about Online Dating Sites and Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

The site is fraudulent, both in product and billing...read the reviews. Don't give them a credit card #. Simply beware, go elsewhere. As well, the 'pause' is bogus, billed me anyway. Called, they said it was authorized, I demanded connect with someone who can deal with it, quickly got call back, no problem...clearly a practice to bill, hopefully not noticed, likely decline if you sign in to find out what happened. Call the # on your bank statement...again, FRAUD.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2018

The website automatically block viewing 18 to 29 years old from my searches. It only displays profiles of females 30 years old and older. It looks like moral majority is back and now offering dating service.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

I cancelled my subscription before the 30 day subscription expiration and automatic renewal and they still proceeded to charge my credit. Do not give them your credit card information or they will keep billing regardless of what they claim is their policy. Lesson learned the hard way.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zoosk?

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

I signed in on the free site, then tried to log in 2 weeks later but was unable. I contacted them by phone and was trekked at by the customer service rep then his supervisor for wanting my profile deleted. They insisted I give credit card info or it could not be deleted. I told them I would report this to the police but they were still uncooperative. They claim my site is being used by 3 other persons and to stop them I had to pay for a secure access account and they promised to refund my fee! Do not give these people your credit card info or debit card. The dates are fake too, you just get a revolving message of fake people who have viewed your profile. One star is way too much for these criminals.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

Zoosk attempt to rip me off. I went on Zoosk. Had not paid anything. I would browse men daily and received notice men sent messages. After a while I decided to subscribe to read messages. As soon as I put credit card number in they attempted to charge my card 18 times. The transaction were 2 seconds apart for different amounts. My bank Fortunately blocked and flagged fraudulent. As result canceled card and waiting for new card. Please people stay away.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

Twice, I have had my account deleted. I originally purchased a year-long membership, but about nine months in, my account disappeared and I received login errors. When I contacted them, they said they had no record of my account, even though one week earlier, they were sending me alerts for activity on my accounts. So I restarted the account and paid for a month, after three weeks, they lost me again with the same results - no record of my account even though they had just sent me account activity alerts to my email address.

SO I lost three months of paid membership the first time and a week and a half the second time. More importantly, however, I lost the connections with ladies that I was talking to. Zoosk does not have the capability to allow users to be search by username, so Even though I opened a second account, I couldn't just open the profiles of the ladies I was talking to and start again. I had to search through hundreds of profiles to find the ones I was talking to...

Original review: Sept. 30, 2018

Like many people said here, I also believe that Zoosk with their website/application is a scheme to some point. I have a computer and two mobile devices. I have installed the Zoosk application on my two mobile devices. Of course, I had only one account and one profile. I bought a paid subscription for one month to check the site, before paying for a longer period of time. At first, I was surprised by the number of people who were visiting me in Views, and the number of people in the Carousel and the candidates in my Search!

I started to find strange when I was sending a Smile or a Heart or a Message to more than 36 people (to some that I visited and some that apparently visited me), and I never received a single reply from them. I am relatively good looking with a nice picture and a big smile, and what I wrote in my profile and my ideal match was very positive, so I did not understand. I discovered that some members were viewing my profile many times a day. I was ignoring them because I was not interested, so I was not encouraging them by viewing back their profiles. Despite their multiple views of my profile, nobody was sending me a Message (positive or negative), a Smile or a Heart; there was no feedback at all.

I also discovered that on top of my paid subscription, I had to pay an extra charge for the Premium Messaging to allow the recipients of my messages to reply to me. So, without the additional subscription, I could send messages to members, but the recipients could not reply to me if they do not have a premium messaging subscription themselves. A dating site with a paid subscription, but if you want to send and receive messages, you have to pay more for it? This is ridiculous and it is a hidden cost. Communication should be included in the member’s subscription (even if you charge more for it) and not a trick (not known by most members when they start using your site) to make more money in a twisted way.

I became extremely suspicious when I got a View of myself. It was like if it was a different member visiting me, several times a day, and at times when I was not even using my devices at all. If a member is visiting me like 6 times a day, I would think that he is obsessed with me and I could ask blocking him, but my profile (with my own data) visiting me few times a day was not an accident. Somebody else (like Zoosk itself) was doing this, not me or another member. Oh, something else, I received a Crush from me to me! Each time I was viewing my picture (with my own data), I was removing it immediately from the Views. This view was obviously fabricated, not by another member but from Zoosk. Therefore, I concluded that many of my recurring visitors were not real either, they were also fabricated.

Then, I discovered that I had different viewing results from the Zoosk application on my mobile devices, and the browser on my computer and the browser on my mobile devices. It was like I had several accounts of myself and people were visiting me as if I was different members. Some members were visiting me on my mobile devices, but it was not shown in a browser. I had only one account, so why I had different results on my devices? My Search on a browser was not providing the same results than on the application, using exactly the same filter. I don’t understand.

As a suggestion, I wish that the website navigation, page structure, settings, and features were much more similar between the website and the application. Like many people reported here, there are so many fake, inactive and dead profiles that Zoosk continues to exploit voluntarily with the fabrication of Views. So, you don’t know what is real and what is not. In fact, I believe that there is a much higher percentage of unreal accounts than the real ones. Zoosk can claim that they have 40 million members all over the world, but they don’t say how many of them are “alive”.

Zoosk uses this strategy just to keep the customers hopeful that at least a few of the visitors would communicate with them and therefore, confident that they will finally find the person of their life. It seems that money and profits are much more important to Zoosk than honesty, quality, and transparency. If they were honest, they would take the time and resources to clean up their database of members and stop misleading their customers. In fact, I am not even sure if it is legal. It is something to explore.

As a customer, I would prefer to have only 2 or 3 “real” Views per day, or in my Search and in the Carousel, rather than 20 or 30 that are probably fake, and which I have no way to verify if they are real or not. Zoosk should stop the gimmick of fabricating false Views, false Crush and the rest. Their Search and Carousel should show real members, and the same with SmartPick.

Cleaning their database would require an effort, but it would be relatively easy to do by looking at their billing and find who is currently paying for a subscription. For the people who don’t have a subscription (free account), Zoosk could check automatically and regularly if these accounts have been active during the last 1 or 2 months. If an account has not been active for a certain period of time, their account will not only be canceled but also deleted from their database. Warning e-mails should be sent to the inactive owner prior to the deletion of their account. All of that could be done with the servers, not requiring human resources. The pricing of the features/options should be much more simple, structured and comprehensible on a single source (page) on the site, not hidden or scattered on multiple places. That would show transparency and honesty.

But Zoosk won’t probably do that because, from a marketing point of view, they would have to admit that they don’t have 40 million members as they claim, but only have a portion of these members that are real. I would not be surprised that Zoosk is worried that in revealing this fact, they would lose their rank in the list of most popular dating sites, and therefore lose business.

In fact, if Zoosk was clever and think “business strategy and marketing”, the clean-up of accounts and the steps taken to increase the quality of their services and confidence of their customers could be a great marketing achievement, to show that Zoosk is more customer-centric, oriented to quality of service, more transparent and more honest than the competition. If Zoosk was doing that, the competition would be forced to do the same, and the ranking would probably stay the same. But it would also show that Zoosk is the leader in this market. I am wondering if all the current practices are legal.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

You can find better and real people at the grocery store. They start with a few nice young women then once you start, you will see what is the real world on this site. I should have asked myself, why even I want to try it. They send emails saying they found my match, my match like 55 to 60 yrs old when I am 38 yrs. They send pictures of nicer girls but when you clicked, that person is not even on the Zoosk anymore. The filter does not work, the collection of the ladies is 10 to 20% accurate. If you want to be busy just for fun of it then try it otherwise, go on the street and find real people. People that have no fake profile and pics. Almost all the dating sites are the same as this one as far as I heard from others.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

I paid a subscription and completed a profile, adding 4 photos which were very clear and up to date. However, they kept asking me for a photo (the ones I had submitted were not showing on my profile pic but were lower down) and I was unable to message anyone because I had not submitted a photo (which I had). Drove me nuts!!

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

I find the conduct of this dating site to be totally disgraceful, given the fact that they must know what is going on and yet they continue to behave in a shameful and irresponsible manner. I worked it out myself what was going on when I was not getting any responses from messages I sent. If I did get a response it must have been the company itself that was behind such trickery. A few days later when putting it to me from experience that this site is not to be trusted and that was enough to confirm my suspicions that something was terribly wrong and that some kind of scam was in force. It was when I challenged one member to finally decide after this member had viewed my profile on numerous occasions, and the putting to the member that Zoosk is pulling the strings did I never hear any more from this member.

It is very deceitful what is going on here as well as being off-putting to those who genuinely seek their lifetime soulmate. It is not a game playing with people's feelings. It is very disturbing, to say the least at what is going on here and I now realize that I wasted my money when I could have gone to a more reputable dating site. I am heartbroken. And these people carry no shame at what they have done to people like me. It is time these people were brought to account. How much longer must this go on?

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

I've reviewed a few comments. Agree It's FAKE. Receive a message that someone wants to "chat". Yet the "someone viewed you section" never has them listed! Is that reasonable? Even had a FAKE (BOT maybe) break down in Gibberish... Should be investigated. Well, If it's even in the US.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2018

This site is a big scam just like Match.com. I was a paid member on both sites, unfortunately. They both do the same thing, profile views people wanting to meet you and Fake messages to get you to join and become a paid member. Once you join them nothing. Your messages disappear and nothing after that. I've never really had a problem with one of the free sites. After deleting my account all of a sudden out of the blue there's more messages waiting for me. This site absolutely sucks and somebody needs to shut them down, both of these sites. Match is just as bad.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2018

Much like most of the complaints I have read here, I unfortunately am no different and just as much as a sucker as everyone else. I joined because I had no luck on any free site and thought maybe a paid site would field better results... they are actually worse. I have gotten multiple profile views and not wanting to come off too strong I would send “smiley” face emoji’s back, I’m averaging about 50 views a day. At last count I got about 17’ish or so from a women’s account I never looked at, a few I did and a lot more that were hundreds miles away.

My experience is a little different because I think I have figured out their current scam, I have received a number of messages... paid for 1 month... when I viewed the message from women they all almost said the same generic “send me a message” inside the actual message itself. Thinking something was odd about that I responded back to confirm something was off, a day or two would go by and no response. HOWEVER!... the same women that would send me these messages would view my profile but not respond to the message itself. The point is I personally never send any messages to anyone, they were all sent to me.

I caught on fast, cancelled automatic renew and removed all my banking info off of Apple Store so that I don’t get any “surprise” charges next month. The really sad part is I’m only at day 2 of 30 and figured it out fast. I really wish some on these women were actually real, however based on the prior complaints I highly doubt that. I will never recommend Zoosk to anyone and will share my story to everyone so that they don’t lose the $31.79 (tax included) on a scam that’s aimed to make you think there is someone out there for you.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

Zoosk just charged me for another 6 months without a notification of ANY kind. I thought I had cancelled my subscription, but apparently not, I called customer service and they would only refund 50% of the auto payment. What a lousy way to do business! Watch out or you get scammed like I did!

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

While you are a free user you get constant messages telling you that someone likes you or has messaged you that you have to pay to find out who it is or read the message. On the messages notification the number keeps climbing due to the amount of people supposedly interested in you. So one day you decide to pay for the site and instantly those messages vanish from existence. I had 13 messages waiting for me and while I paid they all vanished because they didn't exist.

All the members I was interested in likewise vanished from search because they don't actually exist either. I set up a free account at the same time with a different email address and those members are there in the free account still just not for the paid account. They are fake profiles with words that match your own interest to get you to pay for this site. 99% of the profiles on the site are not complete and have nothing filled out with 1 picture at most. The majority have not been online for months. The SmartPick feature is useless as is search and everything else. I have the same 2 or 3 people supposedly viewing my profile 40-50 times a day which clearly is a lie unless they are some type of stalkers. Do not waste your money on Zoosk. Donate it to a charity or something else if you want to get rid of money.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

Someone approved a fake profile in my name using my credit card. I had to cancel my credit card and call their Service Support. They said they had not put through a charge... but there it was! My bank removed it... NOT THEM. If they had read the VERY old profile they would see it was NOT ME! MY RECOMMENDATION - STAY CLEAR OF A COMPANY THAT ALLOWS IDENTITY THEFT!!!

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

This site is a joke! They send false messages that members are interested in meeting you or worst that you are interested in meeting them. And you never viewed the person. They took my picture down because I had sunglasses on! Then took my other pictures down because I was riding my show horse! I called customer service and they said that the picture could only be of the person nothing else but in the picture. I asked for a manager. There was not one available. I ask for a refund. They could not provide that either since I purchase through iTunes!

What a joke this site is. You will never meet anyone in here. You will just be paying for hot air!!! Do not do it!!! It’s terrible!!! They are ripping people off. If you try to post something on their site it will not allow you to! That should be the first warning. You cannot speak with a manager. They are not available and customer service is a joke! They cannot communicate. Their English is terrible and they act like they do not understand your complaint. I would rate this site a negative 20 - but you don’t even have a place to list that either.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

Zoosk like all other dating sites is chasing users away. They inflate viewing someone's profile to serious attraction and other lies to trick you into becoming a member. When I canceled my membership, I suddenly got several messages from guys wanting to connect. I won't fall for that one again. The reason people don't respond to messages is because they don't know if it's real or the site's marketing team.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2018

Interesting way that the company makes their money. #1 they don't want you to meet anyone so that you'll leave the site. How do they do that? The beautiful, quality people live 100's to 1000's of miles away. The very few that are in your immediate area that you could actually go on a date with could fill a cattle truck, they are so unappealing. I mean who would put a picture of themselves asleep in a recliner, with their mouth hanging open, as their profile picture.

I logged in once and it said my profile had been blocked by an administrator. I asked why that was and they said if I wanted to know, I could contact their legal department. The only way to get back on again was to supply a new email address and a new credit card. When I got back on again, I was immediately contacted by two very beautiful people wanting to know more about me. I answered them and there was no further contact from them. (They didn't really exist. They were fake profiles meant to manipulate people to think that there are really beautiful people out there that are interested in you).

One last thing, you can buy coins. The coins allow you to see if someone has read your last message. What they don't tell you is the coins keep being refilled when they drop to a certain level and you're not made aware of it until you lay eyes on your credit card statement and see how many charges there are for refills of coins at $19.95 per refill. If you're thinking of joining this site to meet someone, I suggest you take the money you're planning to spend on your membership and throw it out the window of a moving vehicle and then have your best friend hit you in the head with a hammer. It will hurt less than being on this site and trying to meet someone.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

A Zoosk feature is "carousel," where members allegedly announce they want to meet you. It costs "coins" (may be earned, but mostly seem to be sold to already-paid members) to make or respond to a carousel selection. The announcement is moderated; you get a notice that "(name) wants to meet you! Is the feeling mutual?" But these notices are curious. 28 people have selected to meet me over a couple of months. Exactly three times. In exactly the same order each time. With no other members selecting/contacting me. And no one I said, "Yes," to contacted me further. The same 28, exclusively, in the same order, three times. And no follow up. What conclusion would you draw?

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

Zoosk doesn’t allow you to see people near you. Zoosk CONTINUALLY asks you to upgrade or pay FOR OTHERS TO GET YOUR MESSAGES! Good luck trying to find someone twice. If you accidentally swipe, you CANNOT go back without paying a fee! This site is crap and I mean crap! It’s the worst $79.99 I spent. I severely recommend NOT even posting on this site. Oh, besides that you may find one or two people within 5 miles. Everyone lives hundreds or thousands miles away. It truly is THE WORST! STEER CLEAR AND STICK WITH GRINDR OR SCRUFF. They actually show you people nearby and you can actually communicate with them without paying 9.99 to “boost your profile” for a freaking CHANCE that someone might read it. ZOOSK IS A RIPOFF SITE! Don’t PAY A DIME ON THIS SITE!

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

I applied to this dating site following my divorce. Not prepared for what was ahead. l was bombarded by divorced men largely. Not knowing the behind many of these profiles are fibs of age or even criminal activity. Well I was not prepared for the scams on the site nor were there any warnings from this company itself. No way to complain or report. Furthermore this site states they are not reasonable about what happens on their own site. Here’s one common scam overseas. Civil Engineer but you think he is an interested person looking for love. Turning to but stuck in a country in need of money or an iTunes card. Continues so long as you want any relationship and they prey on vulnerable women looking for love. I am telling what happened so that the next person will see and hopefully prevent this hurt.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

To be very brief, I joined Zoosk about a month ago. I think it's a joke. I've responded to multiple profiles, e.g. "I like you, you like me, let's meet". It never goes any further...no meetings. Same profiles no matter how you customize your search. Terrible for middle age group. The majority of profiles that show up for me look like my grandmother. Never again!

Updated on 08/13/2018: After receiving 0 responses from profiles, even after they said they were interested in me, I called Zoosk to complain and they gave me messaging for free. All of a sudden I received messages that so and so was online and wanted to chat. I did chat with a few people, really not knowing if they were who they said they were. Well, two were not. One gave me a phone number to text her. Instead, I called and no answer and when I told “her” she kept saying “text me” and I knew something was up. Another profile listed at 33 years old (I’m 65) sent me the option to chat. Her profile said she lived in CO, where I do. I thought I would play along and asked where she was and I was told New York.

After a couple of texts I knew it was a fake profile. Here comes the clincher... I chatted with a couple of women who appeared to be local and after asking them if they wanted to meet locally at a public place, they didn’t respond. All of a sudden I started getting “Wants to chat” messages every second from profiles saying they were in Florida, which I thought was weird. Every one had a message already in there appearing to come from me with my profile picture attached to the message... the same message on every single profile.

I knew that my profile was hacked! I sent an email to the support dept at corporate and demanded a full refund. The response was that I wouldn’t be charged anymore beyond my subscription. I put in a charge dispute claim with my bank, closed my credit card and kept all emails from Zoosk, the last one saying they would refund me, without giving a dollar figure. STAY AWAY FROM ZOOSK!

Original review: July 31, 2018

I tried Zoosk few times, and few times was only disaster. This was my last and worst experience. They offered me 6 months for a very price, I decided to give them a chance. You are not only getting limited profiles but always the same trashy fake profiles from non-existing people. Tomorrow supposed to be my last day before my subscription expires before midnight. I called them around 9:00 PM after I realized that my account was charged day before my subscription expires. They charged my credit card without my permission, before 5:00 PM (they are working only until 5:00 PM EST). Dishonest scammers! Never ever Zoosk!!!

Original review: July 30, 2018

I decided to take one more stab at online dating since “experts” say it is a great way to meet people. I did Match.com a couple of years ago and didn’t like it, but decided to give Zoosk a try because it was rated as one of the best. I signed up for the 6 month membership to really give it a chance. I’m not a model, but definitely attractive and a good catch. In the first 3 months, I’ve met two men in person for coffee. One talked an hour and a half about his ex-wife and was living for free in a friend’s RV. The other talked the first 10 minutes about his health problems. Neither asked me much about myself. It was pretty dismal.

Most men contacting me immediately want to email or text outside the site which defeats the privacy and safety features I want to preserve. One was looking for a new girlfriend after his one of 6 years found a serious relationship and he didn’t want to interfere. The catch was his wife doesn’t want sex with him and encourages him to look elsewhere; would I be his new “friend”? The last guy I sent about 3 messages back and forth told me my volunteering was “typical old lady stuff”. Lol, I’ve found this site full of losers, trollers, and scammers.

I’ve already canceled my subscription, but that was a challenge because it has to be done through iTunes (Googled the directions because it was difficult to find how to get it canceled). I did that when I got a message from a guy thanking me for the message I sent him...but since I never sent him one and he wasn’t someone I would, that made me feel Zoosk is not legit. It seems random messages are sent to and from you just to keep you interested in the site. I will not be doing the online thing again. Not worth my time.

Original review: July 27, 2018

I haven’t received any response from this site. I accepted every women I saw, cast a wide net. I haven’t received any replies because I’m not spending more money. If I keep buying stuff from this site I won’t have nothing left for my date. They're just throwing up everyone. Then you choose them. Then you have to pay to read their message confirming your mutual admiration. How wonderful that feels vice versa. Then you're faced with a new unexpected hurdle. More money. I’ve been on the site about a week and I tried to back out an hour after but I’d already paid. At least I can do for myself fail without paying more and more money go to a bar or event.

If you're lazy and want to spend money before you spend money for nothing join this site. I would score this site as an F minor. 6 blank stars for this company. I wish I could get money back. Not a chance but working on my cancellation now. I’ll have it all done in a couple days. Wanna get lucky? Don’t get Zoosk. Go to the market, outdoor events etc, don’t be lazy like me or you’ll have to PAY mo’ money mo’ money mo’ money and still can meet a live persons without nothing to show for it.

Original review: July 24, 2018

I used this app for about a month. Much like many of the reviews I received a lot of matches, hearts, and smiley faces but no real conversations. Much like Tinder. A lot of men looking for a hookup buddy. No real conversations until well I decided to respond to one of the smiley face messages with an actual question based off his about me. I spoke to the gentleman (aka my fiancé) for about a month before we went on our first date. We had so much in common the conversation went on and on without noticing that it was 2 am. Mind you I read his lengthily about me that helped me determine if I even wanted to start a conversation. I canceled my account shortly after, it was very easy and have not received a message from the site since. Before this site I was on many free or different dating sites and see similarities in how people interact on these sites.

Original review: July 23, 2018

Once you pay the initial they always try to get you to spend more, ie, to get messages if someone is interested in you. Also, they do not pay attention to your personal info, as to persons in your preferred area. All I get are people in New York, Canada when I especially noted a 20 mile area of my home. Will certainly not renew.

Zoosk Company Information