Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.55/5

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

Zoosk Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zoosk?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zoosk?

Original review: Oct. 17, 2020

Pros,

1. A lot of good features for paid members.
    2. It has a mobile app.
    3. It's an easy website to use.

4. The search engine is decent.

Cons,

1. Unless you pay for a membership it's useless to be on the website because most members will not paid the extra money for the privilege for anyone to email them.

2. There are different tiers of memberships so some features you don't get with the basic membership.

3. Unless you purchase a multi-month membership the price isn't reasonable at all.

4. Now to the juicy stuff. Zoosk WILL NEVER PERMANENTLY DELETE YOUR PROFILE. I emphasize this because even if you deactivate your account if you happen to be a good looking person they'll keep your profile up making it look like they have more desirable members and use it to make people think they have people interested in them. These are ghost profiles.

5. Though I have met real people on Zoosk there aren't that many real profiles with new websites like Bumble, Tinder and SnapChat. Websites like Zoosk and even POF are dying because of the newest swipe platforms.

6. If you're not all that good looking then don't even bother signing up for Zoosk (or any dating site come to think of it). Sadly looks are going to be 99.99% of anyone's success online.

7. Lastly make sure you not only cancel your membership ahead of time, but also inform your bank or credit card service TO NOT PAID ZOOSK ANYTHING so they don't rip you off. I've heard complaint from people that Zoosk took money from them even after they cancelled their paid subscription.

8. Don't be on the site for more than a month tops because after that you'll mostly see the same profiles and very few new ones so the monthly packages aren't worth it.

All in all with the pandemic going on it was a great way for me to kill time, but if you have other way of meeting women I'd avoid Zoosk (and most other dating sites).

Original review: Oct. 11, 2020

They charged my bank account twice within an hour when I never gave permission to make that transaction. Someone hacked into my account with a different address other than my own. The site is not safe, secure or private.

Get buying tips about Online Dating Sites and Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2020

Zoosk does many dishonest things. They send you "new members" who are old member. They invade each member's privacy by telling other members that you viewed them and vise versa. They have no notice price increases. They post members representing that they are active when they are not. They tell you people want to meet you, who do not want to meet you. They don't care about fraud if it gets them more business opportunities.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2020

I joined Zoosk about three weeks ago. I signed up for three months and also paid for enhanced messaging. Cost about $100. About a week ago, Zoosk blocked me without giving any reason. So now I am unable to message or receive messages. I would choose another site as I believe they are manipulating their subscribers. Match is much better!

Original review: Sept. 3, 2020

I've only been on the site a few months, have made contact with two men that were completely military romance scams. Zoosk should do a better job validating profiles. These men indicated they were in the military, used fake pictures, included children, said their wife was deceased, kid has a nanny and they asked for money. It's heartbreaking to go through. Not to mention the fact that I do not feels safe now, these men said they were deployed in Syria on "peacekeeping missions". I never knew this was an epidemic until now. Ladies - beware the man that falls for you instantly. And if ANYONE asks for money, start doing your research. I feel horrible for the marine whose pic was used, they play into your love of country pretending to be in the military.

Original review: June 6, 2020

A couple of years ago, I found myself being single again. Eventually I started looking at dating sites, more out of curiosity than looking to find a relationship. I signed up with Zoosk as there a lot of woman locally who use the site. Had a free trial to explore the site and send messages. After the trial period ended, I could still access parts of the site...but like all other dating sites out there...the subscription fees became cost prohibitive.

Fast forward to today and all the "social distancing" that's become a way of life and I'm contemplating maybe biting the bullet for 3 month subscription. Used to be you can meet gals in a bar...when they were open...or in a library...Who uses those anymore?....Nowadays, it's by chance or online dating. Safe I suppose but I like to see who I'm chatting with. In person. Zoosk is good for getting to know someone but I wish they would lower the subscription

cost to a more reasonable, Covid-era price.

Original review: June 2, 2020

I have just started using this site, and for a senior citizen it seems to have many features that would filter out bad matches. There seems to be many sites that are more interested in making money for the developers, and not helping any that is looking for someone to date.

Original review: May 27, 2020

Like all dating sites, Zoosk is limited on being able to protect women, and there's a fair share of fake profiles. That said, it had higher quality matches than other sites I've tried (Bumble, OKC) and was a fairly easy and intuitive interface to use.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2019

Good Dating Site. I have met and dated several different gentleman I met on Zoosk. My only complaint is when you click on the bell which takes you to alerts, if someone has only sent you a heart or smiley face you can not access their profile. You can only choose no, maybe or yes. I would like to access their profile before I chose no, maybe or yes. I would also like to be polite and acknowledge them in the event I am not interested.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2019

I was very hesitant in doing a dating site as I had a horrible experience a year earlier with another site that rhymes with Hatch. I found the quality of men to be better than other sites but did have my share of weirdos. I met my husband the day after i joined and he joined the day prior to me joining. So, we met each other right away; that was October 2017. We were married 2 months ago. He is the best thing that has EVER happened to me (aside from my grandsons).

Zoosk Company Information