Zoosk

Compare Online Dating Websites & Services

Research top Online Dating Websites & Services recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Zoosk is the FAKEST SITE I've ever been on. There are multiple ways to prove that a huge number of these profiles are fake... check out YouTube for review vids proving this. I keep getting the same message from beautiful women and their names are coming to me in alphabetical order! Haha OOPS ZOOSK! Idiots.

Zoosk keeps OLD profiles so they can display more hits on the searches. I know people that have not been on Zoosk in years and I keep seeing their profile. If the profile says over 3 weeks it might have been years since the person logged on. The site does not give you the ability to filter searches by activity.

I decided to try the site out. Like other reviews, it was a flop... BUT, to prevent the renewal, on iPhone go to your iTunes Store, scroll to the bottom, tap on your email, know your password, that's where you can modify your subscription. Hope this helps someone.

I'm a divorced, 65 year old man. I'm reading 99% negative reviews and complaints on here, and I really can't understand it. I paid $29.95 for a month to see what it's all about. No one has tried to charge me any "activation" fee, and as for the extra charges for things, there is no need to pay one more red cent. I love the way the site suggests matches, love the Carousel, and love the fact they bring in other prospects from across state lines. I've been a member for just over a week, already had a terrific date with someone 100 miles away. I have a date tomorrow with a local woman I never even knew existed, even though I've been on all the other sites for 4 years. I have an arrangement, through email on the site and a phone call, with a woman 110 miles away to commence an every-other-weekend affair.

I have met another woman who lives 75 miles away and have daily phone calls with her - we're meeting soon. There are others, who are definitely real, whom I've messaged and want to meet. I just don't have the time to get to them all! The site is fun to be on, and I'm on there most of the day. Yes, yes, there are fake profiles, and yes, some women you've messaged who don't reply keep "viewing" you over and over. Of course this is manipulation by the site owners. Just ignore it! It's dishonest I suppose, but it also keeps you excited to be on the site - it stirs things up. I haven't gotten to the renewal issues yet that people are complaining about. Maybe that's true, but I'm having too much fun to unsubscribe right now. If and when I do unsubscribe, if they keep charging my credit card, I'll just deactivate the card. Simple.

I also suspect Zoosk has mostly fake accounts (or former accounts that were never deleted) and the "activity" ie, views, is automated. I ended my subscription after the first month but it would not let me delete my credit card information. When I received a message that my subscription would renew again, I cancelled my credit card to be sure it didn't go through. The only way to outsmart them -- at least I think -- is to delete your photos then hide your account. It will let you delete your profile text, but not the background info or your username. I still receive messages though as if my account is still "active" somehow. So maybe I haven't outsmarted them after all.

There are real people on there (I met a few), but the really attractive guys on there are fake -- just decoys to entice you. I've confirmed this by doing Google searches on some of the profile images -- and they're often from Pinterest. I'm also fairly certain that some of the conversations I had were fake -- the guys were supposedly interested, but their responses were really brief, then they dropped off. Just enough to keep you coming back. A real disappointment. Buyer beware. Probably best to stick with Match.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zoosk?

Zoosk continues to email with a pending debit to my PayPal account for a membership that DOES NOT EXIST. This company has my email and PayPal account information without giving me access to them for my concerns.

I cannot believe the joke they call Zoosk seriously. Not just this site but most. They never state that it's not really free. Even the one month cost for memberships comes with an extra 25 dollar one time fee. What the hell is that, not to mention they auto renew it which should be illegal as its states plainly one month cost. Not to mention none of the men on there are actually on Facebook. I checked into it. Two that I liked weren't even on Facebook, not to mention my matches were completely off and nothing like what my interest are. Disgusted with the site.

I joined Zoosk 6 months ago and quickly gave up on it after paying $74.95 because it was not worth my time. I noticed yesterday that they took another $74.95 from my account. When I emailed I got what was really very obviously computer generated messages back with a name at the bottom, so I called the customer service number and even though I cancelled immediately when I found this and I am ENGAGED they stated they do not give refunds. A company you that does not offer refunds knows they are scamming people. If a company knows their product or service is valuable they can offer a refund because they have nothing to fear. They basically stole my money as far as I'm concerned. Money I didn't have.

Zoosk.com billed my credit card again even though I cancelled service and deleted my account. The fee also caused an overage in my account resulting in NSF fees for it and one other transaction. Zoosk.com should seriously fix it, this is inexcusable.

I have been with this dating site for two different subscriptions. The first 6 months I had no problems. I then decided not to sign back up right away. I thought I had deleted my profile the way they told me to. When I signed back up a few months later I put in my info using the same email. I was instantly directed to my old profile which was never deleted. I really did not think much of it. After one month back on I tried to log in one day and was told that the administration had blocked my account. I was given a explanation. I have written several letters to them with no response. All I want is a explanation.

If you're reading this review, you may be wondering to yourself if it's worth it to make a financial commitment to Zoosk. I was in your exact place one time. I wondered to myself... How could a popular website like Zoosk yield such poor reviews online? Are people simply butt-hurt because they couldn't get a date? When you sign up for Zoosk, the platform seems friendly and promising. Your first red flag will appear when you realize you can't read messages from other users without paying for a subscription... But you want to, oh so badly. So you get suckered into that subscription, but before you even finish your purchase, Zoosk offers you more features for more money! And you're thinking to yourself... "Well why am I paying for a monthly subscription if I don't even get all these other features included in there?"

Then comes the last slap in the face when you get to the final checkout page, and realize that they have a $25 "one time subscription fee"... WTF is this? A gym membership? But the greed doesn't stop there. Just about anything you want to do on this website costs more money. And you start to realize that it's likely that your matches are not even getting your messages, because they may not even have a Premium Subscription. So Zoosk is actually using your messages to honeypot other users into paying for a subscription, while you're left feeling demotivated because you are not getting a reply back from anyone.

Right at this point, Zoosk delivers one last kick to the nuts. They automatically renew your monthly subscription without notifying you. What is the point of signing up for a one-month subscription vs a 12 month subscription if the former option gets automatically renewed without your knowledge. If you're like me, you are finally so fed up by their scammer approach with online dating, that you decide to deactivate your account. At least you get to feel some joy when you click through their desperate click-bait attempts to keep you as a paying member. They beg and plead with you not to deactivate your account down to the very last click. TLDR. Search for "Zoosk reviews on Consumeraffairs.com and see for yourself.

I just found out about this today, but this site has robbed me of $119.80. I paid the first $29.95 for just the SINGLE month. I NEVER requested my subscription to be renewed. Upon checking my transaction history they have charged me $29.95 for the last 4 months totaling to $119.80. There is no option to cancel the auto-renewal on their website. The only way I was able to cancel the auto-renewal was by logging into my Paypal account and canceling it from there. Do NOT go to this site!

I created a profile and paid for a 3 month subscription. First incident my profile picture was that of someone else I don't know. My profile name was the same. I changed my photo back to mine. Approx. 3 weeks later my profile completely disappeared. Gone. I created a profile again with the same ID name but now there is no evidence that I have paid for the subscription and I am no longer able to communicate with paying again. I have sent 3 emails to tech support, but I don't believe there is such a department. They took my money and ran with it.

I joined both Zoosk and Match at the same time for 6 months. During 6 months, I went out with one person from Zoosk. In the first 3 weeks I went out with 5 different people in Match. Nice and real people. Same price. Very different results. (ALERT!!! They keep making recurring charges after your expiration without telling you and don't give refunds. They keep the money. They made 3 charges of $74,95 in my bank acc after my 6 months and I did not realize. Money lost.) Try Match. It works.

I signed up to Zoosk to try and meet someone for dating. I met a wonderful man. We have been dating and have just spent a 2 week holiday together... amazing. But then it all came crashing down. He was informed that I was still an active member 4 months after I deleted subscription and account. How is this possible? They have possibly ruined my relationship. My partner now thinks I am deceiving him. After emails of complaints all I got were instructions on how to delete my account AGAIN. They are messing with people's lives and relationships without any regards of what damage and upset this causes people. It's absolutely disgusting and such a con. They should be shut down.

This is old school and it doesn't allow people to message each other without subscribing. The registration is not user-friendly and not modern. They should fire whoever gave them bad consulting advice. This is a really bad customer experience and I agree it doesn't deserve more than 1 star rating or 0 star rating if that exists!

I was on the site for 2 months but found all of the good/decent looking guys profiles to be fakes. They would take days to get back to me, if at all, and when they did they always asked something about how I liked Zoosk. I found very few men on there that either contacted me, or I contacted to be authentic, except for the really old guys that were 10 years older than my selected preference. Save your money and go somewhere else.

Zoosk customer support is poor at best. If you have trouble setting up online and app, don't expect any real help. If you want a refund of any kind, don't expect one because it's not coming. Their platform looks good, looked good when I signed up, but in the end, move on and use Match or OKCupid or Bumble or Tinder or Ashley Madison or Craigslist or anything other site and or app.

This site is such a scam!!! I was on this site a few yrs ago. I don't know for how long. I had forgotten about it but kept getting email msg. from Zoosk. I recently paid for one month to see what it was like. My subscription ends Feb.27th. During this time I found out that Zoosk does not remove your profile, thus the emails!!! I went back into my acct. and tried to delete my entire profile but the site wouldn't let me. I did opt out of the email notifications. But, they are deceiving men & women by keeping profiles of unsubscribed people on their site. I think this could be considered FRAUD. I saw a friend whom I met on the site and I asked him if he was still on the site. He said that he hasn't been on the site for a couple of yrs and yet, his profile is still up!!! If anyone knows how I can get my profile off this site, please let me know. Can't afford a lawyer. I spent all my money on ZOOSK. LOL.

I need to speak to a person at Zoosk but no joy! I paid one month's subscription in January - have just received statement which showed a very big sum of money taken out without my knowledge on the same day. I am not able to find out what this is for as any type of communication seems to be robotic. Apart from the fact that any contacts were hundreds of miles away I would never ever pay £100.00 for a subscription. If I cannot get a positive result from Zoosk I will try the media as in LBC and Radio 4 consumer programs.

I was a "subscriber" to Zoosk for a week and can totally relate to other comments of other dissatisfied users. I "subscribed". I paid for one month just to try it out. Yes they charged me $9.95 + $29.95 and I canceled it three days after I set it up because was not satisfied with the site. I also deleted my photos and what I thought was my profile. This month I get another charge for the total amount so I called customer service and complain. All they can say is they're sorry but they'll cancel it but I still got billed for the service for this month as well. Scam company, watch out. OMG! Never again.

This Zoosk dating site is rip off. The people on there are not real, it's automated. The same answers are given. You can tell the person replying is not a real date. Don't join, save your money. They keep sending the same person as viewed your profile. Want rubbish. Steer well clear.

I met someone on Zoosk and tried to change my page to say met someone and not seeking new dates. The site refused to update my profile even after several attempts. I tried to contact the company and not lead other ladies on as I am getting to know a very special 60 year old lady. Yes I bought a 6 month premium plan and may have been a good catch with a thoughtful true profile. Now even after the subscription has expired they will not let me go. I keep getting messages from multiple ladies daily. Yes my girlfriend has the same problem more than 6 months after her 1 month subscription expired. So how many truly dating people are on Zoosk? I would say very few? Please let me go.

I searched the site for single women in my area before joining. There were quite a few meeting my criteria. After joining it became apparent that half of the women weren't actually on the site. At first, I was getting more attention than a Calvin Klein undies model, getting "likes", "winks" and "wants to meet you" by the dozen in rapid succession. Whenever I tried to make contact with any of my admirers, all I received was radio silence. According to the site, some women would even view my profile daily (even if there was no sign of them visiting the site in recent days).

My subscription finally came to an end a couple of days ago. Sure enough, immediately after it expired, I receive two messages from total strangers (of course I can't read them because I would need to take out another subscription first). I have since done a search on the site as a non-member and guess what? There's a load of new faces that were never around during the entire three months of my membership. How anybody can get away with such blatant false advertising and con-artistry on such a scale sickens me. Please... If you are reading this and are looking for companionship, rather stick to bars. At least you know what you are dealing with. Stay away from Zoosk... These people are manipulating pricks who care only about making money. Good luck!

Signing up with Zoosk is like being led down the primrose path. You think you are shopping for love, while Zoosk is shopping for your data! If you must, try using it a bit before you go all in - and maybe you'll discover what I did - and then confirmed all over the web when I did a search for reviews. First their system didn't approve my primary photo - even though it met all of their specifications. I contacted support to ask them why, and simply finding support's contact info was a challenge in itself - their site is set up to greatly discourage contacting support! I got no response, so I contacted them again - and no response.

I continued to try and use the site, but then discovered I couldn't continue without disclosing my cell phone number. I was ready to subscribe to find love - lol, so I contacted support again to see if there was a way to use their service without disclosing my cell phone number - no response. As an IT professional, this concerned me - so I actually read their terms and conditions. That is when I discovered Zoosk is basically a data mining company, and collects all your info to sell! This is why they want your Facebook data too!

Bottom line is that they don't have support - even when you want to give them money! They also want all of your data to use for their own purposes - and that's bad for you! Finally, they make it almost impossible to get out. There is no way to delete your account - except to contact non-existent support! After much research, OKCupid and Match are much better options. Good luck.

I have been a "subscriber" to zoosk for a week and can totally relate to the comments of other dissatisfied users. I too got curious after browsing the site, not being allowed to message anyone until I "subscribed". I paid for one month just to try it out. So far I haven't been able to have any sort of communication with even one of the 20 some odd women I sent a hi to. I've called customer support 3 times now and still no results. And don't even bother using their email address to contact them. 4 emails still go unanswered. Last night all my profile pics mysteriously got deleted. OMG! Never again.

I got scammed by Zoosk. Signed up because a website reviewed this as one of the best dating sites so I figured what the hell. The site is simplistic but I thought that's what made it nice. Then you realize that everything is behind a paywall but still I thought if people will pay for it then it ought to be good. Got a lot of views at first. Then I noticed something weird. The same 5 people would view my profile regularly, one of whom I liked and sent them a message but never received a message in return yet they still kept viewing me. So I subscribed for their premium messaging so they could message me back (yes I liked them that much). Put in my profile that anyone was able to message me but the moderators edited that part out of my profile so no one would be able to know they could message me for free because there isn't any indicators that someone is subscribed or has paid for any other content.

And that cute girl kept viewing me every few hours and after a while I reasoned either she was completely oblivious she could message me or I was getting played by my emotions because a fake account that was supposedly online kept viewing me which probably wasn't the case. Makes me sick because as the saying goes you can't put a price on love and unfortunately in this case I lost some money to what has to be the most dishonest dating site ever. Feel like such an idiot for giving them so much of my money but I never heard of a dating site scamming people before so I fell for it.

They were responsive to my inquiries. I can honestly say that I was very lucky. A beautiful lady found me on this site and we are having a blast getting to know each other and becoming really good friends. She is truly amazing.

I joined for one month only. Before the month expired I cancelled my subscription anyway online. However I did not deactivate my account. To my surprise and horror after one month had passed Zoosk charged debited me for another month. So I went online and to my horror found out my subscription activated itself miraculously! After several attempts to deactivate it, I finally succeeded. This time I also deactivated my account. Because if there is no account it cannot be reactivated. WARNING: Be aware of Zoosk's unethical and criminal practices!

I signed up with Zoosk and it worked for awhile. Then my account was hacked by some guy named Davis. I complained and they would write me back and call me Davis. I told them that I WAS NOT DAVIS and that Davis was hacking my account. So they canceled my subscription and asked me if I wanted to re-sign up and PAY THEM AGAIN. THEY SHOULD BE SHUT DOWN AND FINED!!!

Zoosk Company Profile