2.55/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Tinder

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Tinder Reviews

Original review: Oct. 10, 2019

I find Tinder to be much easier to use. The older people use it for a hookup site. Maybe younger people do. I like that it will allow someone to put a favorite song on their profile page. And it lets someone look at your Instagram also.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

Tinder was easy to use, no complaints there. It was very easy to get started setting up my profile. As far as mobile user experience, I would have to say they still need to make improvements on this. Although I wasn't looking for a long term relationship, it just sort of happened.

Get expert buying tips about Online Dating Sites and Services delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: Oct. 1, 2019

Online dating can be fraught with danger, the fraudulent profiles, the scammers, but once you weed those out & find the ones that are truly there for the same reasons you are then it isn't all that bad. I met my GF on there almost 4 years ago and now were living together.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2019

I absolutely love being able to see all the women and men that are single and available but you have to pay to see messages or even send messages. Which is typical for any dating site but I just want some quick hook ups for my man and I.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2019

I did like using Tinder but nothing really ever happened for me with it. I know I have over 100+ matches, but you have to pay to see most of them. I understand Tinder is a business and that's how they make money. It's neat to swipe left and right.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tinder?

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

Woke up and my account was banned, I emailed Tinder to ask why. All they said to do was look at the community guidelines. I can’t believe for a company to do this. They can’t even tell me what I did wrong if anything. I hardly ever use tinder but now that they have blocked my account not going to use it again and going to warn others and tell them to delete their tinder. I never had anything offensive on my tinder at all.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2019

They take money then tell you to upgrade to "gold" to send and receive messages and to actually see your likes. They don't respond to inquiry either and there is no phone access. I send a request for refund almost a week ago with no response. I was unsuspecting.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

Few quality serious like minded potential mates. Too many men, older, looking for FWB or hookups. Disappointing, waste of time. Paid subscription but not much that I paid for. People dont seem to read your profile. Just swiping.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2019

I've been a member of Tinder for years, Now all the sudden with no changes to my account I get banned. No reason!! So I have to assume that my EX (whom I have an order of protection against) found my profile and reported me. Horrible service, security and professionalism.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2019

My account was banned for whatever reason just one day. After year or so I decided to see what it's like because I was bored and I try to log in and my account banned and I have no Idea why. Support services says I CANNOT make a new account which is absolute **. And I hope that this website/app gets thrown in the fire and they all lose their jobs :)

Tinder expert review by Mark Brooks

Tinder is a mobile dating app that can be downloaded and used for free. It is currently the largest and most popular dating app online with over 50 million downloads. It is best known for its extremely popular swiping feature.

• Social Media Login: Tinder uses your Facebook profile as a means of sign up for their dating app. This helps prevent fraud and makes it easy to quickly import information and photos over to Tinder so you can begin searching immediately.

• Swiping: Tinder's popular swiping feature allows members to quickly move through matches until they find people of interest. If you do not like the profile you are looking at, swipe left and you will not see them again. If you are interested, swipe right. If you accidentally swipe in the wrong direction, you can now pay to unswipe a match.

• Consent before contact: While most dating sites will let users contact anyone in their membership ranks, Tinder will only allow you to contact someone if you have both "Swiped Right" on each other.

• Quick local matching: Tinder is most popularly used as a way to meet people the same day within close proximity.

• Best for: People looking for new friends, casual connections, short-term relationships, and people looking to meet someone within hours of first contact.

Profile picture of Mark Brooks
      Mark Brooks Online Dating & Matchmaking Contributing Editor

Harvard Business School graduate, Mark Brooks, has been an expert in the Internet dating business since 1998. He is currently the CEO of Courtland Brooks, a consultancy agency for the Internet dating industry, and runs OnlinePersonalsWatch.com. He prides himself on being a New Media Futurist and can be reached at LinkedIn.

Tinder Company Information