3.7/5 (337 ratings)
Find an Online Dating Sites partner
Banner image

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

About Tinder

Banner image

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

Tinder Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tinder?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tinder?

Original review: Sept. 28, 2022

Tinder is an app that many can agree promotes positivity, inclusivity and equality. However, when you get in contact with their Customer Support, you will notice why Tinder has a such a bad reputation in the online-dating world. I activated my account one day and the next day I was banned. During the time I had to use the account I remained respectful and mature. The only problematic things that had happened were men who wanted me to meet them in their car after I had told them I am first, not looking for hook ups, and secondly, prefer meeting in a public place during daytime. The men were visibly upset over me not trusting to meet a complete stranger in the middle of the night which means they most likely reported me for whatever excuse they seemed to fit best.

Previously, I have also had negative experiences with men on Tinder. I have always reported and unmatched/blocked those men yet I have always seen them later still on the app. Which makes me question why I was unreasonably banned and yet verbally abusive men are allowed to keep using the service. Looking at it from a logical and financial point of view men who are prone to become verbally abusive over messages have less of a chance with actually meeting women face to face, which in turn means they are more likely to buy premium services from Tinder. Unlike the women who fall victim to these awful men.

I decided to investigate what had happened with my account. I visited Tinder's website where you can contact support. They have a page where you can choose what you need help with and why. They give you the option to ask help regarding trouble with logging in due to being banned. After I had explained and expressed my confusion about the situation I sent my support request. The way Customer SUPPORT dealt with my situation was ironically UNSUPPORTIVE.

Through the course of over 10+ emails back and forth I was talking with about 5 or 6 different customer support persons. While each of my emails was different and asking new questions and trying to make more sense of the situation, each response was the exact same copy-paste response. Not only did this show me absolute carelessness and unprofessionalism it also showed me how LAZY Tinder is when it comes to helping their own CUSTOMERS. The responses were always the exact same, explaining that I was banned. It is funny how I contact them over the issue that I am banned and the response I get is "You are banned" as if I did not know that already.

The fact I have taken time out of my day to deal with customer support shows I am generally trying to fix the confusing issue, yet Tinder does not care that you are making efforts to clear up issues/mistakes with THEIR OWN SERVICE. This shows absolute lack of regard when it comes to respect, and the quality of care and helpfulness. My requests were ignored and not acknowledged in each email I received back from Tinder.

Tinder's customer support is by far the laziest and worst I have ever come across. At this point they might as well just not have this section in their business, would save them a lot of money since none of the staff they have are actually useful and you can probably get an algorithm to send the same automated copy-paste responses to people needing help. Not only will you not get your issue solved; you will most likely also be talking with a different person each time you send in a response which is even worse and for a business this LARGE, you would expect them to understand how customer support is supposed to be effective.

The chances of you being able to get help from Tinder is close to 0. It is clear they do not care about their customer experience and focus on monetization, ad-revenue and silencing people with negative experiences. Also, if you have purchased anything from them recently like perhaps just subscribing to a premium feature and after that you get banned, you can dream about getting your money back since they have no legal responsibility in that situation and you will be talking to wall.

My take is: Do not even bother with Tinder. The people you meet there will not be worth all the negative things you will experience on the app. Not only that, but Tinder as a business is just as horrible as the experience you will have on the app itself. Tinder is not meant for people looking to meet friends, love or make memorable memories. Tinder is for people who do not care about themselves or the people they plan on meeting. You are not respected. You are not valuable. You are not acknowledged. You will be disappointed. And you ARE better off without Tinder.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2022

I literally set up my account in the morning and after changing some photos that were just of my face and nothing explicit (following the proper protocol as the rest of the people who wrote the reviews) they banned my account for no reason. I sent an email and no response yet. So they scam me out of $34.00. I would like an explanation and a refund. This is total **.

Get buying tips about Online Dating Sites and Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2022

The moderators of this app treat users shockingly unfairly. You pay astronomical fees for the platinum service. Then you write a fair and respectful bio of what you are and aren't looking for, which somebody finds offensive, because she is not in your strike zone. They then report you and the moderators just ban you without any forewarning. You lose all the money you paid, irrespective of how much time is left on your subscription. Essentially they rob you out of your money without good reason.

Original review: June 29, 2022

After being on this site for about a week & following all posted guidelines even verifying my pictures, I was banned, account taken down and given no explanation as to why this happened. This is just Ridiculous. Then I followed up to their customer service to inquire why this happened and how I violated community guidelines and why I was suddenly banned and their response was an automated, "we take our communities safety seriously," type thing. I'm still trying to figure out exactly what I did. This site is a joke and I'm wondering how these people manage to keep this app up and going to this day.

Original review: June 12, 2022

Tinder has gotten really bad since my last visit. They've turned into a money hungry app that doesn't care at all about the needs of the person. I had no idea that you now have limited amounts of swipes to use before they charge you minimum 20 pounds to continue on swiping and see who possibly may have liked your post for extra money. They really play on men's shortcomings trying to seek a partner, total garbage.

Original review: June 8, 2022

So yesterday I heard from friends that Tinder was a good option as a dating site. So, I tried setting up an account. Then:

1. Account was in "Verify" for 12 hours.
    2. Account had me in a continuous "Prove you're a real person" loop. Even after I cleared cache, cookies, downloads, browser history, passwords, and everything else.
    3. Reached out for support and they literally told me to keep solving them... Which I had done (not even exaggerating) 30+ times in a row... Several different times.
    4. No more loop... Because I'm blocked!!!
    5. Reread all the terms and conditions etc. And I broke not a single one!
    6. Reach out for assistance again - explaining the situation.

7. Noooooo appeals processss...

*Insert disapproving comment here.* -from lonely and pissed.

Original review: May 18, 2022

That is exactly what happened. And Tinder will not address the issue or even explain why I was banned. Their help doesn't help... they just cut and paste responses like this... Which doesn't provide any information to solve the issue... Tinder is pathetic. Go to another social media site to meet people, Tinder is a joke. "Hello, Thanks for following up. Unfortunately, we cannot provide any more detailed information at this time. Please feel free to refer to our Terms of Service (www.gotinder.com/terms) or Community Guidelines (www.gotinder.com/community-guidelines). Best,'

Original review: May 5, 2022

Purchased 6 months gold subscription and two days later tinder banned my profile without giving any reason. Tinder is a fraudulent app with zero customer service. They just take your money and do not reply to any of your queries. Another thing which I noticed is that 90 % of profiles on tinder are of prostitutes who directly ask money for meeting. Tinder is not a dating site but a paid escort site. Guys, avoid tinder at all costs. You wont get any match or hook-up but instead you will end up spending hundreds of dollars with zero outcome.

Original review: March 11, 2022

Keep in mind, should you decide to leave Tinder, aka delete your account, good luck with that. Tinder has a tight grip on you and won't let you do that. The reason? Of course $$$. Good thing I didn't pay a dime. But was unable to delete my account nevertheless. When emailing customer service, received a reply that this ticket will be escalated. That's the last I heard from them. I guess my account is now a phantom one which is apparently how Tinder accumulates members. Guess how many more accounts are the same way. I bet that includes both genders. Am definitely not coming back to Tinder and recommend staying away from it.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2022

I was contacted on Social Media by a Singapore lady, She started as a friend, soon she brought up this crypto investment idea, telling that her uncle works on Wall Street and assuring me that I was about to get a once in a lifetime opportunity of making high profits. I was impressed by the Idea and decided to invest $5000, but She kept on persisting that I invest more which I did again with $4000. When I decided to withdraw my funds they refuse letting me insisting that I pay some form of taxes. I was very unimpressed and I had to contact several agencies for help. Fortunately I came in contact with CryptoReviewer @Aol.com. They took up my case and got my funds.

Tinder author review by Mark Brooks

Tinder is a mobile dating app that can be downloaded and used for free. It is currently the largest and most popular dating app online with over 50 million downloads. It is best known for its extremely popular swiping feature.

• Social Media Login: Tinder uses your Facebook profile as a means of sign up for their dating app. This helps prevent fraud and makes it easy to quickly import information and photos over to Tinder so you can begin searching immediately.

• Swiping: Tinder's popular swiping feature allows members to quickly move through matches until they find people of interest. If you do not like the profile you are looking at, swipe left and you will not see them again. If you are interested, swipe right. If you accidentally swipe in the wrong direction, you can now pay to unswipe a match.

• Consent before contact: While most dating sites will let users contact anyone in their membership ranks, Tinder will only allow you to contact someone if you have both "Swiped Right" on each other.

• Quick local matching: Tinder is most popularly used as a way to meet people the same day within close proximity.

by Mark Brooks Online Dating & Matchmaking Advisor

Harvard Business School graduate, Mark Brooks, has been an expert in the Internet dating business since 1998. He is currently the CEO of Courtland Brooks, a consultancy agency for the Internet dating industry, and runs OnlinePersonalsWatch.com. He prides himself on being a New Media Futurist and can be reached at LinkedIn.

Tinder Company Information