Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.38/5

Banner image

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

Banner image

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

Tinder Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tinder?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tinder?

Original review: Feb. 26, 2021

So never thought I would say this but I found the love of my life on Tinder lol. So so many bad experiences to go through to get to him. But honestly, he is worth all that sacrifice. Keep your head up folks, you will get there.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2021

I changed my profile picture from my face to a heart picture and my account was banned. With no way to appeal I am left with no way to contact my Tinder friends. Thanks for nothing. How can this app be allowed to continue when they don't support its users?

Get buying tips about Online Dating Sites and Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2020

Tinder is a cesspool of opportunities of "time wasted" avoiding money begging, entitled, angry and confused straight women and/or forgotten dried up members of the lgbtq community. I'm thankful that I wasn't moved by pretty faces, pleas and half worn clothes wearing jezzies. Besides dodging society's feminine misfits, I started to believe that perhaps most women on tinder are either dead or made up profiles!!! Very suspect of its female profiles, very!!! If you're a guy genuinely seeking love, and you've thrown many fish back into the dirty waters of POF, well, your chances of drawing and cooking fish over a campfire from that water may be more promising because tinder is all ruins.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2020

Tinder has been engaging in bait and switch tactics for years in which Tinder will send “ bait” to lure me to purchase thousands of dollars of add ons called “super likes“ then allow them to either disappear without use, be used on an overwhelming number of bot profiles or obvious fake profiles so that the consumer has to re purchase / replenish the super likes in order to get the few that actually do as they are advertised. I have undoubtedly spent thousands of dollars on these add ons and the bait switch program is alive and well at Tinder. If you are on the website long enough it becomes readily obvious that they engage in this practice by design. So why stick around? Because inevitably you’ll make a few contacts on the site that become important to you so you are essentially “hooked“ or “bound“ by the relationships you’ve built. Tinder knows this and uses it as bait to further lure you into purchasing more super likes.

Super likes aren’t the only add on they sell in order to steal. They have other products designed to lure customers into bait and switch tactics so that you’ll spend money on items that you’ll either never get, won’t work as advertised, or only work in very limited controlled occasions. I recently complained to Tinder about this and they immediately banned my account claiming a violation of their terms of use. I do not, and have not, violated their terms of use. They do that as a means to avoid dealing with your legitimate complaint. Once they ban you, you have no recourse. You can’t speak to them by phone, you can’t get a refund. You can’t sue them. Somehow, someway our fine politicians have allowed the parent company that owns Tinder (The Match Group) to operate without impunity, to steal consumers money without any recourse whatsoever.

It’s amazing to me that a State Attorney General hasn’t gone after the Match group for their obvious fraudulent business practices. If they are doing it to me this brazenly they must be doing it in large numbers. Anyway I can assist in changing their fraudulent behavior I’m happy to help. Effectively they have stolen thousands of dollars from me. I hope many see this as I will be spreading it all over the internet.

Regards,
      Mark B.

Dallas TX

Original review: Nov. 12, 2020

I was chatting to this man and I told him that I was a lesbian, so I reported me and I was banned as a result. I’ve tried contacting tinder support but nothing has been done (since August). They just allow homophobia I guess.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2020

Tinder is an absolute joke of a dating site. 98% of the profiles are either fake, girls just looking to be Instagram stars, or they live 5000 miles away from you in another country. The ones that are real, if you do happen to match with them, never respond after a few back and forth messages. When you first sign up for tinder, you seem to match with half of the girls on there which make you think the site is great. you send all of them a message, you never receive a response. Just a bunch of fake profiles. You would have to be a fool to pay for tinder. Not sure why they ask for your city and distance. You are willing to travel for dating, the profiles that come up are girls that live overseas. Tinder should be shut down.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2020

You can’t con anyone on the site and as far as getting any kind of opportunity with any of the women is non existent. You have no way of contacting them other than page like button. There is no customer service in which to be able to contact. In short the site is a huge waste of your time and money.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2020

Very poor refund policy, I was charged £115 for a year's service and then when cancelled shortly after I was told that because I did not process the refund within the 14 day time limit I could not get my money back. Shocking.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2020

Tinder isn't an app I would ever recommend for dating but during Covid I thought why not feel a little less alone. My profile was banned after one day for either 2 reasons - they would not tell me why. I stated on my profile I wasn't currently meeting anyone due to the Global Pandemic OR I ran into a high school friend and gave him my phone number. They will not tell me why I was banned or what happens to my photos. This seems unethical to me. Not a big loss the attract less than desirable people anyways.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2020

On the evening of Sept 31, 2020 I received a text msg on my cell phone from a person claiming to be a woman who claimed she got my info from "the dating site." The texts from this person went on to ask to send "her" the verification code Tinder would be sending me to verify to her I was the man from the tinder website and that I was real (and I fell for it)... Screenshot (attached to this review) of the 1st text that she sent me is now my profile picture. I had gone back and forth trying to reclaim my account for over 2 hours. And I tried calling tinder.com customer service. I tried online help to no avail. Please warn the public of this privacy breach. This person could not have had my cell and email information associated with signing into my tinder account unless tinder itself was breached as I have several email addresses and I have since learned that I am not the only one that this has happened to and has been attempted with.

Please help inform and warn tinder.com's customers of this obvious breach of customers private and personal information. I have submitted this story to other news media as I have little confidence just relying on 1 will help. Tinder.com has had a breach of their customers private account info i.e associated phone number(s) account sign in information and personal information!

Tinder author review by Mark Brooks

Tinder is a mobile dating app that can be downloaded and used for free. It is currently the largest and most popular dating app online with over 50 million downloads. It is best known for its extremely popular swiping feature.

• Social Media Login: Tinder uses your Facebook profile as a means of sign up for their dating app. This helps prevent fraud and makes it easy to quickly import information and photos over to Tinder so you can begin searching immediately.

• Swiping: Tinder's popular swiping feature allows members to quickly move through matches until they find people of interest. If you do not like the profile you are looking at, swipe left and you will not see them again. If you are interested, swipe right. If you accidentally swipe in the wrong direction, you can now pay to unswipe a match.

• Consent before contact: While most dating sites will let users contact anyone in their membership ranks, Tinder will only allow you to contact someone if you have both "Swiped Right" on each other.

• Quick local matching: Tinder is most popularly used as a way to meet people the same day within close proximity.

by Mark Brooks Online Dating & Matchmaking Contributing Editor

Harvard Business School graduate, Mark Brooks, has been an expert in the Internet dating business since 1998. He is currently the CEO of Courtland Brooks, a consultancy agency for the Internet dating industry, and runs OnlinePersonalsWatch.com. He prides himself on being a New Media Futurist and can be reached at LinkedIn.

Tinder Company Information