Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.91/5

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

Tinder Reviews

Original review: Feb. 18, 2020

Life without unconditional feminine companionship is not worth living. Tinder is gift of modern technology for a married man or woman like myself with a realization that marriage is a true sacrifice of surprising however seeking soulmates, twin mates, love mates whatever on calls is also our birthright. I am love with the sacred idea behind tinder and hope for expected accomplishments.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

Tinder was easy to use, no complaints there. It was very easy to get started setting up my profile. As far as mobile user experience, I would have to say they still need to make improvements on this. Although I wasn't looking for a long term relationship, it just sort of happened.

Get buying tips about Online Dating Sites and Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2019

Online dating can be fraught with danger, the fraudulent profiles, the scammers, but once you weed those out & find the ones that are truly there for the same reasons you are then it isn't all that bad. I met my GF on there almost 4 years ago and now were living together.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2019

I absolutely love being able to see all the women and men that are single and available but you have to pay to see messages or even send messages. Which is typical for any dating site but I just want some quick hook ups for my man and I.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2019

I did like using Tinder but nothing really ever happened for me with it. I know I have over 100+ matches, but you have to pay to see most of them. I understand Tinder is a business and that's how they make money. It's neat to swipe left and right.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tinder?

Original review: June 23, 2020

Been on Tinder for months, swiped right on many females, paid the extra $ for boosts and so forth. Results fake profiles and woman over thousand of miles away, even though I set my setting to max 15 miles from me. Used the report button (what a joke) for the fake profiles asking you to contact their sex sites, only to have them reappear every day. What a waste of money!!! I’m 60 btw. Maybe this is better for teens but not for older adults.

Original review: June 22, 2020

The issue that I have experienced was: On 22.6.2020 at around 18:30 I received a notification that I was banned from Tinder. Something I am extremely upset and shocked about. I have attempted to contact Tinder on 22.6.2020 and I receive a generic reply that does not answer my complaint. I fed back to Tinder and gave them a 1 star review.

It occurred on: 22/06/2020 This meant that It has genuinely upset me. I did nothing wrong and have not gone against any terms that Tinder want users to adhere to. I feel bullied by Tinder and ignored. They do not wish to investigate and will not reinstate my account. They give no reason. Upon investigation, I have found many others have been victim of this mass banning conducted by Tinder on 22.6.2020. Many reporting they have been banned for doing nothing wrong.

Original review: June 22, 2020

Very low bar for singles to meet. Lot of garbage unattractive men expecting casual sex. Also was attacked by a wannabe predator my 1st and only meeting. What a bad joke. Not for anyone wanting any type of real connection.

Original review: June 15, 2020

I purchased a silver account a week ago. Now, whether on the phone or desktop, it will give me one, perhaps two users to swipe ... and nothing. Just my profile pic with little rings growing around it. I've seen three users to swipe in over a week. No support, nothing. The help page doesn't even load. For a new customer with a paid subscription! And no, not a tech error, I have good equipment. I'm really disappointed, it is so hard to meet anyone in the days of shelter in place. Oh well, I've been scammed.

Original review: June 10, 2020

It seems they just push you to upgrade all the time, which is fine if the general selection somewhat matches you prior to that ‘push’ but the 3 mths approx time I’ve been with them I’ve had more or less nothing but the same few faces over and over again(about 8)approx. who are not matches of what even I as a non professional in this profession would Match to my words or image. I don’t have an inflated ego either but these people and their own messages are mostly nothing like mine. Such a shame really.

Tinder author review by Mark Brooks

Tinder is a mobile dating app that can be downloaded and used for free. It is currently the largest and most popular dating app online with over 50 million downloads. It is best known for its extremely popular swiping feature.

• Social Media Login: Tinder uses your Facebook profile as a means of sign up for their dating app. This helps prevent fraud and makes it easy to quickly import information and photos over to Tinder so you can begin searching immediately.

• Swiping: Tinder's popular swiping feature allows members to quickly move through matches until they find people of interest. If you do not like the profile you are looking at, swipe left and you will not see them again. If you are interested, swipe right. If you accidentally swipe in the wrong direction, you can now pay to unswipe a match.

• Consent before contact: While most dating sites will let users contact anyone in their membership ranks, Tinder will only allow you to contact someone if you have both "Swiped Right" on each other.

• Quick local matching: Tinder is most popularly used as a way to meet people the same day within close proximity.

by Mark Brooks Online Dating & Matchmaking Contributing Editor

Harvard Business School graduate, Mark Brooks, has been an expert in the Internet dating business since 1998. He is currently the CEO of Courtland Brooks, a consultancy agency for the Internet dating industry, and runs OnlinePersonalsWatch.com. He prides himself on being a New Media Futurist and can be reached at LinkedIn.

Tinder Company Information