Tinder

Compare Online Dating Websites & Services

Research top Online Dating Websites & Services recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Helped me to meet a number of interesting people. Wide variety of people helped me to narrow selection to people I felt I was more compatible with. Went on a number of good dates and a few went further. Pretty well. After entering my information most of the people had similar interests and I found them to be pretty compatible with me. I enjoyed meeting the people it selected for me. A lot of setting helped me determine what information I wanted to provide publicly. they were fairly robust and i felt comfortable with them. The mobile app was simple and easy to use. I enjoyed being able to access it anywhere and have a similar user experience to what I had on my laptop.

It is definitely more of a hook-up app than anything else. it was a way for me to get free dinners out of dudes before I used a different dating service to meet my husband. A lot of the dudes are scummy but there are a few who were pretty high quality but that's just the way of the world. It is not indicative of the app. It seemed fine enough to me. I had no problems with that aspect of it but I wouldn't be surprised if other people did. It is exactly what you need a mobile app to be. Nothing more and nothing less. Sheer mediocrity of a mobile app so it was just fine and dandy to me.

You are able to connect with great, fun people who are generally interesting and respectable. It's a great app to be able to use. If you know what you are doing and what you are looking for, there will be no problems. The more detailed you are about your specifics and what you are exactly looking for, the better your outcome will be in finding the proper matches. It's a very safe and effective way to meet people but also keep private without giving too much detail. As always, a person should exercise caution. It is a very easy app to use as long as you have the proper settings on your mobile device to use. Definitely check first to make sure it will work on device.

It was very valuable to me in that I thought I would never meet someone for me. I have been on their site for just a short while until I made contact with a person of interest. So far we are very happy with each other and hope to continue our relationship. They were very good in matching people with others of my type. Like I said I didn't have to wait long before I met the person that I now have a relationship with. We are both very happy thus far. The privacy settings were spot on. No one else but the two people that made contact ever saw or read what we shared together. I was very trusting in the settings that were provided on the site. The mobile experience was also spot on. I used my smartphone quite often to make contact with others and it to was very secure and safe to do so. The connection was very clear and I never received a drop call when I was on the phone. I would recommend them.

It was a great site to find and has made a great impact on my life as I was able to find my soulmate after using this site. Wish this site best of luck for the future. Normally I would get matched based on specified age range, gender and are within a certain distance of my location. I was matched with many attractive partners and is happy with with their service. I would have liked to register my account without the help of Facebook as I wanted to keep it as private as possible. Other than that I am pretty satisfied. The mobile user experience with this app is quite good as it is fast and easy to use. I have been using this app for quite some time and haven't encountered any major noticeable problems.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tinder?

I have meet a few people using it and they have been nice. I hope to meet the right person and have a long lasting relationship. I hope this will happen and I can stop using this app because I will have met someone special. Since you pick the person the quality is great. The app doesn't have to do much. The people do it and I like the people that I have been picking. It's hard because it works on only a picture and your name so your privacy is not good because people see what you look like so your identity is out there. It's easy to use. You just swipe either left or right. Then you talk to the people and decide if they are right for you. It's pretty simple.

Didn't meet any potential matches but made many new friends and it was free to use so that was a plus. Seemed more like a hook up site than a dating site. Tinder is more of a site for meeting people to hook up with rather than a dating website. Not many decent people on there. Just people looking for sex. None of my private information was shared other than what I chose to share. Haven't received any spam emails it weird contacts from using the site. I only used a cell phone for the website so it was OK. I am not sure what it is like from an actual computer. It was a little tricky from the phone but worked fine.

I used the site to meet others and it was very helpful. I will be using it again in the future. I would recommend it to others. I was matched with others that seemed to be well matched with me. I did meet others that had my interests and ideas. I felt secure using the service as far as the people that I was matched up with and the terms of the service. I was not discriminated against or anything like that. The mobile user experience was great as well. It was very well laid out and worked very smoothly on my cell phone. So that I could use it on the go and meet people there as well.

I think it's valuable to a lot of people. It's hard to meet someone these days who shares your interests, this helps to narrow it down a bit. I've met a lot of nice people, I'm sure they're right for someone, just not me so I will keep looking. I would recommend it though for anyone looking to meet someone. So far I'm satisfied with the privacy settings. I have not had any issues with anything yet and don't expect to. I don't know anyone else who has had any issues either. The mobile site is very easy to use. I would recommend it to anyone. It is very useful and easy to use. I have not had any problems or issues with it yet.

It was a trustworthy website that I always find myself engage with. Many people should try it out. I would definitely recommend it to all of my friends. You do a profile and answer tons of questions about yourself then they find people to match you up with. Some good and some great! The quality of matches and amazing. The privacy setting for this website is really reliable. They have great privacy settings that you can set yourself. I am a mobile user and my experience is wonderful. I can see my new matches no matter where I am because I have the app on my phone. It makes it very convenient.

It is very valuable; you are able to be matched with people who would be a good match. Just make sure to always swipe right. It is fun and it's great to be matched up with interesting people. I made sure I was honest in my description and they matched me with people I would be interested in getting to know better. It is a lot of fun. I felt very secure. You can choose who you want to respond to and who you don't want to respond to. It is a great way to meet new people. It's handy to have an app to use. You can just click on the app and find out what you want to know. I haven't had any problems with it.

Safe, friendly, easy to use. Would recommend to others if you looking to meet someone new and find out about them first. My friend has met so many nice people here so I gave it a try. I have seen several potential matches from this site. My friend has had much luck with this site after 2 months and is in a happy relationship. Very secure with this and policy in effect. No worries like other sites. Felt very safe with this site and would use again in the future. This was very easy to use and when you're out and about trying to see who you want to meet up with for a nice date or night out this is a great app. Will use again.

It's nice once you really get the hang of it. It's a good way to pass the time & a great way to meet people especially if you're shy but sometimes you have to be careful because you can't just trust everyone and everything on the internet so make sure people you meet have good intentions. Some of the matches are good and some are just plain horrible because when dealing with the internet it's so easy to lie & that's what some people do. They were good and not too invading of personal things. I love it. With this day and age almost everything can be done from mobile devices and it honestly makes it so much easier especially when you're on the go or if you're meeting someone you can check to see it's that's actually them in the photos if you aren't sure.

I have gotten many dates since I joined up and that was better odds since the other ones gave me weekly turn out rate for my dates I try to go out on. The rates were good and there was more than one hook up I found on the other sites and they fit me a lot better than what seemed like just random guesses for me. I could change my settings well compared to the other sites. It seemed pretty much the same to me though like it was just the same to me. I thought it was a great design for on the go use finding matches as I go and don't have time to find a date in the real world in face to face time with others.

I only used the free version. It was alright, but not something I'd pay for. Not worth buying in my area, not enough matches or nearby people. It was pretty good to be free, but not enough people in my area. Most matches weren't what I was looking for. It's not something I'd pay to use, needs more users. I was happy with the settings. Even though it used Facebook to sign in, I felt pretty safe giving that information and nothing was ever posted to my account. It was very easy and simple to use. The app was easy to navigate and use. I had no issues, other than lack of users in my area. Other than that, it was a good app

It was very helpful and provided lots of choices to choose from. The website was easy to navigate. I was very satisfied with my experience. They provided recipients based on mutual hobbies and likes and dislikes. Family values were also matched. Life aspirations also played a part in the matching of individuals. I felt like the privacy measures were secure enough that I felt comfortable sharing my information with fear of invasion of privacy. My information was secure enough not to be shared with third parties. I feel like I was safe using this applications without any repercussions. I would definitely recommend using this website. This mobile application was very easy to use and definitely more convenient for people to use while on the go. I felt like my information was secure enough and wouldn't be in jeopardy.

It's fun to use. I wouldn't say good to find a serious thing, but it is worth a try. I would recommend if you're trying to kill time, maybe meet new friends. The matches were pretty on point. I think it was well done. They were alright. I was pretty satisfied with results on match. They usually are pretty good. I was satisfied enough with the privacy settings. They were enough of them and they worked pretty well, I felt secure enough using it. Mobile use with it is great. It doesn't crash or turn off much like some apps. It was quick and effective and it was easy to use. Able to build profile mobile.

The value of what I paid for the site is definitely worth it. I have met a ton of people and in a small timeframe that I wouldnt have otherwise done. Some of the matches do not seem like the system knows what its doing but for the majority of the matches the system was right on point. The privacy settings were phenonmenal at keeping my privacy. If I did not want anything known to a particular match, they would not divulge it. When I downloaded the mobile app it was like a whirlwind of difference from the actual website. It was very user friendly and very helpful when I needed it.

Great value considering it free and at no additional costs to use the app or to send messages. Other dating sites require membership payment to utilize their sites. This one does not. I prefer it that way. IT allows for more content and users. Unfortunately you never know how accurate the profiles will be because people lie or use old photos to get them more matches. Make it hard for the app to control the quality of matches. There aren't passwords when opening apps. That might not be a bad idea but it would take more time to open so that is probably why it isn't practiced. Super easy to use! It's not too complicated for users that aren't too tech savvy. Extremely simple and great for all ages. Someone with minimal experience using devices or apps will have no problem using this app. It's pretty self explanatory and simple. I would recommend it.

Expert Review

Mark BrooksOnline Dating & Matchmaking Contributing Editor

Harvard Business School graduate, Mark Brooks, has been an expert in the Internet dating business since 1998. He is currently the CEO of Courtland Brooks, a consultancy agency for the Internet dating industry, and runs OnlinePersonalsWatch.com. He prides himself on being a New Media Futurist and can be reached at LinkedIn.    More about Mark→

Tinder is a mobile dating app that can be downloaded and used for free. It is currently the largest and most popular dating app online with over 50 million downloads. It is best known for its extremely popular swiping feature.

• Social Media Login: Tinder uses your Facebook profile as a means of sign up for their dating app. This helps prevent fraud and makes it easy to quickly import information and photos over to Tinder so you can begin searching immediately.
  • Swiping: Tinder's popular swiping feature allows members to quickly move through matches until they find people of interest. If you do not like the profile you are looking at, swipe left and you will not see them again. If you are interested, swipe right. If you accidentally swipe in the wrong direction, you can now pay to unswipe a match.
  • Consent before contact: While most dating sites will let users contact anyone in their membership ranks, Tinder will only allow you to contact someone if you have both "Swiped Right" on each other.
  • Quick local matching: Tinder is most popularly used as a way to meet people the same day within close proximity.
  • Best for People looking for new friends, casual connections, short-term relationships, and people looking to meet someone within hours of first contact.

Compare Online Dating Websites & Services