2.40/5
Based on 35 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

35 Tinder Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 11, 2018

Tinder, deleted my golder membership account. Spent 30 USD. I did buy Tinder membership. Okay. But you --- TINDER suddenly and without any reason CLOSED my account. I cannot enter my account. I used my phone number in order to open TINDER account, and I did used my Google account for payment. Please search with my phone number **. Please specifically say me, which part of my words, you cannot able to comprehend???

Original review: June 5, 2018

I have been on this site only for a couple of months. My two first experiences were very pleasant. We only had dinner. My last experience was a disaster which I never had the opportunity to meet the man who turned out to be a scammer. He lied about where he lives and it turned out that he lives out of the country. Very handsome man and loving but a scammer. He wanted $2000.00 from me which he did not get.

Get expert buying tips about Online Dating Sites and Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 14, 2018

This site is dangerous. Be aware of woman who ask for your phone number after a few conversations. They are looking to scam. I met someone on Tinder who looked like a skinny, beautiful ** female. When I met her, she was ** and curvy. Nothing wrong with that but she misrepresented who she was. Furthermore, she was a hooker. Not good.

Original review: May 3, 2018

As somebody that never writes reviews this year fact I am writing this is an indication of this year for stretching disappointment and quite frankly and yeah I feel at this app period. It is the worst app I have ever used. That's right. Not the worst dating site the worst app. First of all let me show you I have tried it on multiple devices of different makes and different internet connections to eliminate that as an issue and the same problems arose on the three different devices from a Sony phone to an Apple iPad and Samsung tablet. The only thing that's appeared to work correctly was installation of the application. After that creating an account either using Facebook or creating it manually was ridiculously frustrating.

I was given a repeated errors saying, "Something went wrong. Please try later." Well I managed to get past the first stage of registration. I got repeated errors with email verification. At some point I managed to actually log on but then would get repeated errors when I trying to find people near me again. It comes up, "Sorry something went wrong. Please try again later." It does this more often than he finds people. The app itself is difficult to use when it is working. It doesn't explain things well. Everything needed or worth having costs extra money. I felt I was just guessing on how the whole thing works. I don't feel like I know how my profile is being presented. I want to find people I have liked.

I am sure there is a way but it is confusing. Send with guidance and just fails extremely basic and designs to keep you spending at every level. The worst thing of all is how unreliable it is. If you do eventually managed to talk to somebody they will lose interest because you won't be able to Long Arm again a few hours later to talk to them you won't know why or what the problem is. It just saying that it's not worth more than it does. I have never had such an awful painful frustrating experience with anything running code before. I beg you go somewhere else. Don't even look at it. Never come back. Advise everyone to go somewhere else. I guess it's a business and designed to make money but at least you should get some kind of service for you on it. This is just rubbish rubbish rubbish x infinity.

Original review: April 11, 2018

Tinder from South Africa suddenly becomes Be2.com from Luxembourg. In the absence of an industry standard such as the right to UNSUBSCRIBE, made mandatory a few years ago, these guys provide NO way of clicking the AUTO renew button off. That means, when the end of your subscription arrives they will deduct the same amount which magically changes from R77 for six months, to R77 a WEEK! Good luck.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tinder?

Original review: April 6, 2018

Hey guys, I was using Tinder for a couple of months until one day I got banned from the app for no reasons whatsoever. Customer service is useless sending you links to their policies and guidelines (from reading which you understand that you are as clean as an angel), maximum you get from them is "Unfortunately, we cannot provide any more detailed information at this time". No warning, no support, no interest in keeping you as a customer - just ban, that's it. Needless to say - no refund for unused subscription... You lose your money for reasons you don't know. After reading other people's reviews I understand that anyone can get banned without explanations... Even angels. Sadly Tinder was the worst internet community experience I have had in my almost 40 years of life...

Original review: March 30, 2018

I have had not ONE person in my area. Every man that has contacted me is a scammer and asks for money. I specifically asked for ** men in my area. That didn’t happen. I’ve had better luck in every other site I’ve tried out. This one won’t be the one I choose to use.

Original review: March 5, 2018

I've had this app for over 2 years now. I've never had a problem with it. We all use it for ** and giggles and today my account got deleted for no reason. I've never posted anything offensive or nudes or anything of that sort. I've seen many other profiles with content way more offensive than mine so I give this app a 1.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

I signed up for the paid service with Tinder in which they charge you every 6 months. I didn't use it much and neglected to cancel the subscription. After 2 payments of $76 I contacted them to request that my account be cancelled and a refund of the most recent charge of $76 (which was only 19 days prior to my request). They said that since it wasn't within 14 days, they refused to refund this charge. Although they knew I had not used the service for more than 6 months and would not use it for the subsequent 6 months for which my account was charged, this company has refused to refund any portion of the charge.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

I asked SOLELY for Nicaraguan residents, not necessarily Nicaraguan women per say, just those in my specifically stated region. I received nearly 100 "requests" or "views" from probably 30+ countries and not ONE from what I specifically stated. With a little "encouragement" from the site I was told if I "upgraded" I'd receive more specific potential mates that I described in great depth. I have received zero, but again "requests" from every other continent other than the one I live in.

Farce, spend much time (another disappointment) that I was describing the needed description of who I "think" I am and what I "think" I want in a MATE in more than BS short story, the WHOLE dialogue was erased WITHOUT warning that my "session" had EXPIRED, try again. Not a lot of money, but yes even proved who I was "verified" with passport (Which I think is a nice valid point of eliminating falsified photos of others) but wasted a great amount of time and a lot of "deep" thought that I put into this. It's not a game, and I feel I got taken as an idiot looking for love with someone of same likes, but DIFFERENTLY within a physical location that makes meeting frequently a must.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

Tinder are the typical corporate con company. They sign you up and as no one reads the pages and pages of terms and conditions then bam they delete your account. No warnings, no support like, "Oh we don't think you should post this picture," not as much as an email saying, "Hi user thanks for the 100 you paid us but bye we have deleted your account and if you want you money back then follow this link which goes nowhere and try to understand the ridiculously complex refund process we set up so we can ensure we can steal your money." I mean seriously is no one policing these con artists? Please please boycott this rip off company because they will steal your money.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2018

I joined Tinder for about 8 months and I recently deleted the app for a few reasons: Every time I get a match, I end up getting unmatched by numerous men probably since I am a trans lady/ladyboy, they are either just fooling around or they want to hurt me, not funny at all and very disheartening because most of us trans ladies are after a relationship too. Every time I text with a guy and he wants to meet up, he ends up either blocking/deleting his profile or he unmatches me and I never hear back from him again. The text gets deleted while in the middle of a discussion.

If there is a way that Tinder could improve its app by narrowing the searches to "men interested in ladyboy/transgender people", that would be nice, otherwise I wouldn't use this app ever again. Just a fair warning to transgender ladies who decide to use this app, if you get matched with a few guys on there, just be warned that you will be unmatched by some guys or get cut off while in the middle of a text discussion because they are here to fool you. I've been online dating for four years and all of the sites I tried never have worked for me and it is really hard for me as a trans lady without surgery to find that special someone.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

After watching Good Morning America I felt that the online dating app Tinder was a good thing, so I joined and things were fine for two days, then recently my account was closed, and when I tried to get it resolved the 'customer service' contact for Tinder, ended up being hackers who wanted to gain access to my accounts. Sadly they did, but I did report them to the BBB, the FBI and the police. I don't understand how Tinder is still in business if they don't have a true way for customers to contact them and how is that legal!? So not only am I out of money but have to make sure I won't be hacked and my information is secure! On top of that, they have three different locations for their 'corporate office'! So in other words they don't want to be held accountable!

Original review: Aug. 19, 2017

I just joined the site, nothing against it, but there are only about 24 people from my area, and some are from Canada which does nothing for me. I'm getting messages, but they are from Scammers who are always on these sites, who do NOT live near me. I called one out, who got nasty when I questioned her on why her photo shows up on Google image search 200 times!

Original review: April 13, 2017

Tinder bans people for no reason, am I the only one? I'm aware that I am not the only person. I see that they are banning people for being racist, but what is their company doing to make customers feel like they are not being discriminated against? For over 2 months, Tinder has had my account under review for no reason. When I sent them emails, explaining everything they never responded. When they did respond, I got, "We are working on the issue." Finally, last month, I was able to log into my account. After 3 days, they blocked my account. I sent an email to them and a guy name Carl emailed me back saying that I was banned from the dating site. However, they gave me no reason.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2017

I just as of 1 day ago finally decided to download the Tinder app. Had heard mixed reviews about it and I clearly see why. For one, I've practically given up on dating or meeting anyone for a lasting relationship. For one, I hear a lot of women complaining that most of the guys on there are scumbags just looking to get laid or use somebody. However, what these women are NOT being honest about is that most of the women ARE THE SAME EXACT WAY, except they claim to have justifiable reasons for acting in the same manner of motives that the guys they bad mouth are acting. Shame, shame, ladies. Tell the truth.

Secondly (I'm a guy), I must say that while there are douchebags on Tinder, as well as EVERY DATING SITE, and that there are douchebags in BOTH genders, it does make it next to impossible for well-meaning people to actually find a well-meaning person. I'm 35 and have my own money and all that, so I have no reason to mooch off anybody, and I also prefer to meet and have a LASTING relationship that is based on personality and common interests instead of money and sex.

I've swiped through quite a few profiles already, and I DO READ PROFILES instead of just swipe-like. From what I've seen, NO WONDER certain people can't find anybody! Look at the stuck-up trash they post on their profile description!

And finally, these dating/sex sites (or whatever you choose to call them) are NOT out to help you, the dear and valued customer, to find the love of your life. It is all just deceptive marketing. Marketing can make dog crap look like peach cobbler and sell it. The people who run these sites are only interested in only your wallets and bank accounts, and they couldn't care any less about you as a person.

Tinder and other social sites are a good thing when they are used responsibly, like staying in contact with friends and family. However, nobody should be oblivious from noticing that most, if not all of these sites, DO promote/advertise sex/hookup sites. Just be careful on these social/dating sites and DO NOT RUSH anything that may be going on between yourself and somebody else. Sex and pillow talk are for just a few hours. An actual relationship that is grounded in the right basis will last a lifetime if it is with the right person.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2016

Helped me to meet a number of interesting people. Wide variety of people helped me to narrow selection to people I felt I was more compatible with. Went on a number of good dates and a few went further. Pretty well. After entering my information most of the people had similar interests and I found them to be pretty compatible with me. I enjoyed meeting the people it selected for me. A lot of setting helped me determine what information I wanted to provide publicly. they were fairly robust and i felt comfortable with them. The mobile app was simple and easy to use. I enjoyed being able to access it anywhere and have a similar user experience to what I had on my laptop.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2016

It is definitely more of a hook-up app than anything else. it was a way for me to get free dinners out of dudes before I used a different dating service to meet my husband. A lot of the dudes are scummy but there are a few who were pretty high quality but that's just the way of the world. It is not indicative of the app. It seemed fine enough to me. I had no problems with that aspect of it but I wouldn't be surprised if other people did. It is exactly what you need a mobile app to be. Nothing more and nothing less. Sheer mediocrity of a mobile app so it was just fine and dandy to me.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2016

You are able to connect with great, fun people who are generally interesting and respectable. It's a great app to be able to use. If you know what you are doing and what you are looking for, there will be no problems. The more detailed you are about your specifics and what you are exactly looking for, the better your outcome will be in finding the proper matches. It's a very safe and effective way to meet people but also keep private without giving too much detail. As always, a person should exercise caution. It is a very easy app to use as long as you have the proper settings on your mobile device to use. Definitely check first to make sure it will work on device.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2016

It was very valuable to me in that I thought I would never meet someone for me. I have been on their site for just a short while until I made contact with a person of interest. So far we are very happy with each other and hope to continue our relationship. They were very good in matching people with others of my type. Like I said I didn't have to wait long before I met the person that I now have a relationship with. We are both very happy thus far. The privacy settings were spot on. No one else but the two people that made contact ever saw or read what we shared together. I was very trusting in the settings that were provided on the site. The mobile experience was also spot on. I used my smartphone quite often to make contact with others and it to was very secure and safe to do so. The connection was very clear and I never received a drop call when I was on the phone. I would recommend them.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2016

It was a great site to find and has made a great impact on my life as I was able to find my soulmate after using this site. Wish this site best of luck for the future. Normally I would get matched based on specified age range, gender and are within a certain distance of my location. I was matched with many attractive partners and is happy with with their service. I would have liked to register my account without the help of Facebook as I wanted to keep it as private as possible. Other than that I am pretty satisfied. The mobile user experience with this app is quite good as it is fast and easy to use. I have been using this app for quite some time and haven't encountered any major noticeable problems.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2016

I have meet a few people using it and they have been nice. I hope to meet the right person and have a long lasting relationship. I hope this will happen and I can stop using this app because I will have met someone special. Since you pick the person the quality is great. The app doesn't have to do much. The people do it and I like the people that I have been picking. It's hard because it works on only a picture and your name so your privacy is not good because people see what you look like so your identity is out there. It's easy to use. You just swipe either left or right. Then you talk to the people and decide if they are right for you. It's pretty simple.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2016

Didn't meet any potential matches but made many new friends and it was free to use so that was a plus. Seemed more like a hook up site than a dating site. Tinder is more of a site for meeting people to hook up with rather than a dating website. Not many decent people on there. Just people looking for sex. None of my private information was shared other than what I chose to share. Haven't received any spam emails it weird contacts from using the site. I only used a cell phone for the website so it was OK. I am not sure what it is like from an actual computer. It was a little tricky from the phone but worked fine.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2016

I used the site to meet others and it was very helpful. I will be using it again in the future. I would recommend it to others. I was matched with others that seemed to be well matched with me. I did meet others that had my interests and ideas. I felt secure using the service as far as the people that I was matched up with and the terms of the service. I was not discriminated against or anything like that. The mobile user experience was great as well. It was very well laid out and worked very smoothly on my cell phone. So that I could use it on the go and meet people there as well.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2016

I think it's valuable to a lot of people. It's hard to meet someone these days who shares your interests, this helps to narrow it down a bit. I've met a lot of nice people, I'm sure they're right for someone, just not me so I will keep looking. I would recommend it though for anyone looking to meet someone. So far I'm satisfied with the privacy settings. I have not had any issues with anything yet and don't expect to. I don't know anyone else who has had any issues either. The mobile site is very easy to use. I would recommend it to anyone. It is very useful and easy to use. I have not had any problems or issues with it yet.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2016

It was a trustworthy website that I always find myself engage with. Many people should try it out. I would definitely recommend it to all of my friends. You do a profile and answer tons of questions about yourself then they find people to match you up with. Some good and some great! The quality of matches and amazing. The privacy setting for this website is really reliable. They have great privacy settings that you can set yourself. I am a mobile user and my experience is wonderful. I can see my new matches no matter where I am because I have the app on my phone. It makes it very convenient.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2016

It is very valuable; you are able to be matched with people who would be a good match. Just make sure to always swipe right. It is fun and it's great to be matched up with interesting people. I made sure I was honest in my description and they matched me with people I would be interested in getting to know better. It is a lot of fun. I felt very secure. You can choose who you want to respond to and who you don't want to respond to. It is a great way to meet new people. It's handy to have an app to use. You can just click on the app and find out what you want to know. I haven't had any problems with it.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2016

Safe, friendly, easy to use. Would recommend to others if you looking to meet someone new and find out about them first. My friend has met so many nice people here so I gave it a try. I have seen several potential matches from this site. My friend has had much luck with this site after 2 months and is in a happy relationship. Very secure with this and policy in effect. No worries like other sites. Felt very safe with this site and would use again in the future. This was very easy to use and when you're out and about trying to see who you want to meet up with for a nice date or night out this is a great app. Will use again.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2016

It's nice once you really get the hang of it. It's a good way to pass the time & a great way to meet people especially if you're shy but sometimes you have to be careful because you can't just trust everyone and everything on the internet so make sure people you meet have good intentions. Some of the matches are good and some are just plain horrible because when dealing with the internet it's so easy to lie & that's what some people do. They were good and not too invading of personal things. I love it. With this day and age almost everything can be done from mobile devices and it honestly makes it so much easier especially when you're on the go or if you're meeting someone you can check to see it's that's actually them in the photos if you aren't sure.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2016

I have gotten many dates since I joined up and that was better odds since the other ones gave me weekly turn out rate for my dates I try to go out on. The rates were good and there was more than one hook up I found on the other sites and they fit me a lot better than what seemed like just random guesses for me. I could change my settings well compared to the other sites. It seemed pretty much the same to me though like it was just the same to me. I thought it was a great design for on the go use finding matches as I go and don't have time to find a date in the real world in face to face time with others.

Tinder expert review by Mark Brooks

Tinder is a mobile dating app that can be downloaded and used for free. It is currently the largest and most popular dating app online with over 50 million downloads. It is best known for its extremely popular swiping feature.

• Social Media Login: Tinder uses your Facebook profile as a means of sign up for their dating app. This helps prevent fraud and makes it easy to quickly import information and photos over to Tinder so you can begin searching immediately.

• Swiping: Tinder's popular swiping feature allows members to quickly move through matches until they find people of interest. If you do not like the profile you are looking at, swipe left and you will not see them again. If you are interested, swipe right. If you accidentally swipe in the wrong direction, you can now pay to unswipe a match.

• Consent before contact: While most dating sites will let users contact anyone in their membership ranks, Tinder will only allow you to contact someone if you have both "Swiped Right" on each other.

• Quick local matching: Tinder is most popularly used as a way to meet people the same day within close proximity.

• Best for: People looking for new friends, casual connections, short-term relationships, and people looking to meet someone within hours of first contact.

Profile picture of Mark Brooks
Mark Brooks

Online Dating & Matchmaking Contributing Editor

Harvard Business School graduate, Mark Brooks, has been an expert in the Internet dating business since 1998. He is currently the CEO of Courtland Brooks, a consultancy agency for the Internet dating industry, and runs OnlinePersonalsWatch.com. He prides himself on being a New Media Futurist and can be reached at LinkedIn.

Tinder Company Information