3.7/5 (403 ratings)
Find an Online Dating Sites partner
Banner image

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

About Tinder

Banner image

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

Tinder Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tinder?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tinder?

Original review: Jan. 28, 2022

Not a lot of people on the app yet, Just waiting for the right guys to join. The search filter is funny because it lets users search based on the type of person you're looking for like Church girl, model, milf, girl next door, and more. I hope to see more guys on the app so I can start to chat with them.

Original review: June 14, 2021

I did not mind the application but some of the guys on there were super scary and or boring. I got a lot of weird comments and stuff. I would go back on this application. I would recommend people too.

Get buying tips about Online Dating Sites and Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 13, 2021

I’ve used a number of sites and Tinder has the biggest pool of members. If you want quantity over quality this site is for you. Unfortunately, it is a way for illegal prostitution to flourish. You can arrange a meeting for a “donation” or get a “massage” all for the right price. It’s not hard to tell the difference between an escort and a real woman by the profile pictures. Obviously if a woman is wearing lingerie or something very revealing they are advertising the product. It’s sometimes very disheartening to see so many young women selling their bodies. There are days I stop looking at profiles because there are so many.

Original review: June 12, 2021

I met my wife through Tinder! I owe them that! Good service and I liked how easy it was to use. It's more of a dating app now than a hook up app that it started out as. The idea was ingenious and I'm happy I used it to find my life partner.

Original review: June 11, 2021

It’s a great way to start getting back into the dating scene until eventually you won’t need it anymore because you’ve finally found that true love. I thought I’ve found true love, and I did for about 3 years. Looks like it’s back to the drawing board????

Original review: May 18, 2022

That is exactly what happened. And Tinder will not address the issue or even explain why I was banned. Their help doesn't help... they just cut and paste responses like this... Which doesn't provide any information to solve the issue... Tinder is pathetic. Go to another social media site to meet people, Tinder is a joke. "Hello, Thanks for following up. Unfortunately, we cannot provide any more detailed information at this time. Please feel free to refer to our Terms of Service (www.gotinder.com/terms) or Community Guidelines (www.gotinder.com/community-guidelines). Best,'

Original review: May 5, 2022

Purchased 6 months gold subscription and two days later tinder banned my profile without giving any reason. Tinder is a fraudulent app with zero customer service. They just take your money and do not reply to any of your queries. Another thing which I noticed is that 90 % of profiles on tinder are of prostitutes who directly ask money for meeting. Tinder is not a dating site but a paid escort site. Guys, avoid tinder at all costs. You wont get any match or hook-up but instead you will end up spending hundreds of dollars with zero outcome.

Original review: March 11, 2022

Keep in mind, should you decide to leave Tinder, aka delete your account, good luck with that. Tinder has a tight grip on you and won't let you do that. The reason? Of course $$$. Good thing I didn't pay a dime. But was unable to delete my account nevertheless. When emailing customer service, received a reply that this ticket will be escalated. That's the last I heard from them. I guess my account is now a phantom one which is apparently how Tinder accumulates members. Guess how many more accounts are the same way. I bet that includes both genders. Am definitely not coming back to Tinder and recommend staying away from it.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2022

I was contacted on Social Media by a Singapore lady, She started as a friend, soon she brought up this crypto investment idea, telling that her uncle works on Wall Street and assuring me that I was about to get a once in a lifetime opportunity of making high profits. I was impressed by the Idea and decided to invest $5000, but She kept on persisting that I invest more which I did again with $4000. When I decided to withdraw my funds they refuse letting me insisting that I pay some form of taxes. I was very unimpressed and I had to contact several agencies for help. Fortunately I came in contact with CryptoReviewer @Aol.com. They took up my case and got my funds.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2022

I've used some pretty bad apps. This app crashed repeatedly while I was trying to delete my profile. It also forces users to allow GPS, which doesn't make sense. It doesn't seem to trust its users, or what they want from this app which is - now I understand - obviously used for indecent interactions/hookups.

Tinder author review by Mark Brooks

Tinder is a mobile dating app that can be downloaded and used for free. It is currently the largest and most popular dating app online with over 50 million downloads. It is best known for its extremely popular swiping feature.

• Social Media Login: Tinder uses your Facebook profile as a means of sign up for their dating app. This helps prevent fraud and makes it easy to quickly import information and photos over to Tinder so you can begin searching immediately.

• Swiping: Tinder's popular swiping feature allows members to quickly move through matches until they find people of interest. If you do not like the profile you are looking at, swipe left and you will not see them again. If you are interested, swipe right. If you accidentally swipe in the wrong direction, you can now pay to unswipe a match.

• Consent before contact: While most dating sites will let users contact anyone in their membership ranks, Tinder will only allow you to contact someone if you have both "Swiped Right" on each other.

• Quick local matching: Tinder is most popularly used as a way to meet people the same day within close proximity.

by Mark Brooks Online Dating & Matchmaking Advisor

Harvard Business School graduate, Mark Brooks, has been an expert in the Internet dating business since 1998. He is currently the CEO of Courtland Brooks, a consultancy agency for the Internet dating industry, and runs OnlinePersonalsWatch.com. He prides himself on being a New Media Futurist and can be reached at LinkedIn.

Tinder Company Information