Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.45/5

Tinder Reviews

Original review: Oct. 10, 2019

I find Tinder to be much easier to use. The older people use it for a hookup site. Maybe younger people do. I like that it will allow someone to put a favorite song on their profile page. And it lets someone look at your Instagram also.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

Tinder was easy to use, no complaints there. It was very easy to get started setting up my profile. As far as mobile user experience, I would have to say they still need to make improvements on this. Although I wasn't looking for a long term relationship, it just sort of happened.

Get expert buying tips about Online Dating Sites and Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2019

Online dating can be fraught with danger, the fraudulent profiles, the scammers, but once you weed those out & find the ones that are truly there for the same reasons you are then it isn't all that bad. I met my GF on there almost 4 years ago and now were living together.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2019

I absolutely love being able to see all the women and men that are single and available but you have to pay to see messages or even send messages. Which is typical for any dating site but I just want some quick hook ups for my man and I.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2019

I did like using Tinder but nothing really ever happened for me with it. I know I have over 100+ matches, but you have to pay to see most of them. I understand Tinder is a business and that's how they make money. It's neat to swipe left and right.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tinder?

Original review: Dec. 25, 2019

I have just paid for Tinder Plus over £77 for nothing as they ask payments again for Gold membership. How government's regulator let them do this. There are no clear explanation at the beginning and you have no idea that there are different level of subscriptions. So Please, Please, don't be ripped off and keep away from Tinder as you will regret your decision and losing your hard working earning for this trap. If you are not stupid enough you are avoiding the membership for good. KEEP AWAY FROM TINDER.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2019

Tinder is better at taking your money and getting you catfished than they are at customer service and matchmaking you. I thought about finally joining a dating site and gave tinder a try about 3 weeks ago. I wasn't seeing any results or able to communicate to the people I liked without getting the silver membership, around 8$. I was lead to believe this would allow me to contact or chat with the people that liked me. As soon as I paid, I received a few likes from people. However, you still can't communicate with them. The money only allows you to like more people. What a rip off. They should tell you exactly what each level gives you, but they don't.

They took my money then told me to upgrade to "gold" to send and receive messages and to actually see the likes. Isn't that what my first payment was for??? A majority of the likes that liked me were sugar catfished pretending to be sugar babies or catfishers looking for cash I exchange for a safe meeting. Or transportation to meet you. When it comes to reporting someone they don't respond to complaints or inquiry either and there is no phone access. I couldn't even review them from the link in their accounts page. Worst dating service and customer service ever!!!

Original review: Dec. 15, 2019

Tinder broke away from Google Play some months ago. More specifically, Tinder now processes their own payments instead of Google. You can't complain about any false charges thru Google Play, they have no dealings with Tinder anymore. The TOS has undoubtedly changed as well. People usually have all sorts of credit card problems in such a move that fortunately, can be remedied. Pity those ppl who use debit cards. Read all about the new Tinder payment online now!!!

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

Woke up and my account was banned, I emailed Tinder to ask why. All they said to do was look at the community guidelines. I can’t believe for a company to do this. They can’t even tell me what I did wrong if anything. I hardly ever use tinder but now that they have blocked my account not going to use it again and going to warn others and tell them to delete their tinder. I never had anything offensive on my tinder at all.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2019

They take money then tell you to upgrade to "gold" to send and receive messages and to actually see your likes. They don't respond to inquiry either and there is no phone access. I send a request for refund almost a week ago with no response. I was unsuspecting.

Is your car out of warranty?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right extended auto warranty for you.

Tinder expert review by Mark Brooks

Tinder is a mobile dating app that can be downloaded and used for free. It is currently the largest and most popular dating app online with over 50 million downloads. It is best known for its extremely popular swiping feature.

• Social Media Login: Tinder uses your Facebook profile as a means of sign up for their dating app. This helps prevent fraud and makes it easy to quickly import information and photos over to Tinder so you can begin searching immediately.

• Swiping: Tinder's popular swiping feature allows members to quickly move through matches until they find people of interest. If you do not like the profile you are looking at, swipe left and you will not see them again. If you are interested, swipe right. If you accidentally swipe in the wrong direction, you can now pay to unswipe a match.

• Consent before contact: While most dating sites will let users contact anyone in their membership ranks, Tinder will only allow you to contact someone if you have both "Swiped Right" on each other.

• Quick local matching: Tinder is most popularly used as a way to meet people the same day within close proximity.

• Best for: People looking for new friends, casual connections, short-term relationships, and people looking to meet someone within hours of first contact.

by Mark Brooks Online Dating & Matchmaking Contributing Editor

Harvard Business School graduate, Mark Brooks, has been an expert in the Internet dating business since 1998. He is currently the CEO of Courtland Brooks, a consultancy agency for the Internet dating industry, and runs OnlinePersonalsWatch.com. He prides himself on being a New Media Futurist and can be reached at LinkedIn.

Tinder Company Information