2.71/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Tinder

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Tinder Reviews

Original review: Oct. 10, 2019

I find Tinder to be much easier to use. The older people use it for a hookup site. Maybe younger people do. I like that it will allow someone to put a favorite song on their profile page. And it lets someone look at your Instagram also.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

Tinder was easy to use, no complaints there. It was very easy to get started setting up my profile. As far as mobile user experience, I would have to say they still need to make improvements on this. Although I wasn't looking for a long term relationship, it just sort of happened.

Get expert buying tips about Online Dating Sites and Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2019

Online dating can be fraught with danger, the fraudulent profiles, the scammers, but once you weed those out & find the ones that are truly there for the same reasons you are then it isn't all that bad. I met my GF on there almost 4 years ago and now were living together.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2019

I absolutely love being able to see all the women and men that are single and available but you have to pay to see messages or even send messages. Which is typical for any dating site but I just want some quick hook ups for my man and I.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2019

I did like using Tinder but nothing really ever happened for me with it. I know I have over 100+ matches, but you have to pay to see most of them. I understand Tinder is a business and that's how they make money. It's neat to swipe left and right.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tinder?

Original review: Oct. 3, 2019

The types of matches I was getting on Tinder were definitely not boyfriend material. However on some fluke I met my fiancé and fell helplessly in love. Tinder was always a lot of fun just not really a dating app more of a hookup app!

Original review: Oct. 2, 2019

As a person in their late 30’s-early 40’s, it has helped me meet the type of women initially sought. You have to put in a lot of time to try to create a profile, and most replies or matches never respond, are just looking for Instagram followers or scammers. Then others reply once and not again.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2019

I really like the angarathem that OkCupid uses with easy to see like or dislike. I have found a many great deal of people on Tinder, however, it's super rare that anyone actually wants to meet. The site is attracting the wrong audience for sure. While Match.com is expensive with lots of hidden fees. Making it difficult to always communicate with all members, free or paying. I would like to find dating app that truly focuses on matching those for dates and focus less on tiny fees or limitations. If I am going to pay I should be able to use the site 100% and those that don't should be able to function with at least communication.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2019

When you sign up you immediately get notified that someone "likes" you but you have to purchase a gold membership to see who it is. First of all, how does someone like you the very second you sign up? And why do you have to pay to see them when you can see everyone else for free? Tinder is lying by telling the FTC that third party scammers are screwing with their website when in reality it's them. Adult Friend finder was also a scam site filled with fake accounts preying on naive men.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2019

This app/service really requires you to purchase the gold version for it to be useful. Otherwise, you can't see who might be of interest to you. I found that as a general rule, you didn't really get a lot of feedback about how well your profile was being viewed and no warning end sub ended so you could use your super boosts.

Tinder expert review by Mark Brooks

Tinder is a mobile dating app that can be downloaded and used for free. It is currently the largest and most popular dating app online with over 50 million downloads. It is best known for its extremely popular swiping feature.

• Social Media Login: Tinder uses your Facebook profile as a means of sign up for their dating app. This helps prevent fraud and makes it easy to quickly import information and photos over to Tinder so you can begin searching immediately.

• Swiping: Tinder's popular swiping feature allows members to quickly move through matches until they find people of interest. If you do not like the profile you are looking at, swipe left and you will not see them again. If you are interested, swipe right. If you accidentally swipe in the wrong direction, you can now pay to unswipe a match.

• Consent before contact: While most dating sites will let users contact anyone in their membership ranks, Tinder will only allow you to contact someone if you have both "Swiped Right" on each other.

• Quick local matching: Tinder is most popularly used as a way to meet people the same day within close proximity.

• Best for: People looking for new friends, casual connections, short-term relationships, and people looking to meet someone within hours of first contact.

Profile picture of Mark Brooks
      Mark Brooks Online Dating & Matchmaking Contributing Editor

Harvard Business School graduate, Mark Brooks, has been an expert in the Internet dating business since 1998. He is currently the CEO of Courtland Brooks, a consultancy agency for the Internet dating industry, and runs OnlinePersonalsWatch.com. He prides himself on being a New Media Futurist and can be reached at LinkedIn.

Tinder Company Information