2.54/5

85 Tinder Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

I am a straight guy using Tinder for the first time. I started getting more than 15+ matches from ladies. After I paid $30 for Tinder Gold I stop receiving matches. Don't waste your time or money on this.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

I was a Tinder gold member in phenomenal standing for over one year. My profile was in the highest integrity of class and good taste. One day without warning my account was banned. When I tried to communicate with the service team they sent me a copy and paste of their terms and policies which they said I presumably violated. When I ask which policy exactly I had violated they didn’t even give me the courtesy of telling me which one. Poor quality of communication and a very low value of their customers.

Get expert buying tips about Online Dating Sites and Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 29, 2019

Had Tinder Gold for a couple years. It renewed this month so on the day it did I checked my Visa and saw a single charge. A few days later I was going over my statements and saw that they had double charged me the following day. Went back a year and found this had happened at this time as well. Tried contacting Tinder and got no help at all. There was no section for double charges anywhere. Purchased it through Google Play so I contacted them about this issue. Firstly the menus for finding issues has no double charge option.

Secondly to get in contact with them you have to dig around because they don't make it easy. Then you talk to the staff and no one has access to anything to help. Talk to a supervisor and they're equally useless. I was given the run around for hours and hours. Was told I'd be called back multiple times and never received calls. I called over half a dozen times and talked to a dozen people and no one could do anything. I spent hours on this when it should have been a simple fix and reimbursement.

Talked To my bank and they are trying to fight one of the charges but since Tinder charged it one day after the other they're not sure they can get any results. So basically they can double charge you, do nothing and both Google Play and Tinder do nothing to help and they charge it such a way your bank may not even be able to help. Absolute scam. Will never purchase this app again. Also will never be purchasing on Google Play again as they endorse this nonsense. Highly recommend not purchasing this unless you have double the money ready to pay. And if you do purchase it keep a very close eye on your account. Even if you found it immediately I doubt they'd help.

Original review: July 26, 2019

Tinder is probably one of the worst apps ever. Absolutely no one talks ever, even after you match with them. All the females on there have major ego problems. Tinder should really be banned. It is THAT bad.

Original review: June 29, 2019

** app for making money and playing with people's feelings. It's actually making people go away from emotions and love. This help people to make 'relationship' as a mechanical process. And if you have it you know they charge so much money and this app crashes all the time.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tinder?

Original review: May 30, 2019

Been using Tinder for years. Not changed anything on my profile or in my behaviour and they have permanently banned me out of the blue. Emailed. Asked for an explanation of the unban and to appeal, but after seeing other comments I don’t have much hope. Hugely disappointing.

Original review: May 23, 2019

Tinder shadow banned my account. The app was basically unusable. Customer service was non-existent. There was nothing offensive in my profile or photos. No reason was given. I lost almost all my yearly subscription money to Tinder Plus. Thus, be careful when taking out longer subscriptions. Greedy Tinder may steal your money for no reason.

Original review: May 22, 2019

Amount of Rs 520 is deducted twice from my bank account. That is 1040 while subscribing on Tinder but still I didn't get any subscription which is really disgusting and frustrating now. This incident happened today (2/05/2019) and I want my money back. Kindly help.

Original review: May 11, 2019

A while ago I subscribed to Tinder plus, my phone got busted due to my one year old so I had to get a new phone, and couldn't remember my old account so I got a new one, and completely forgot about the subscription until it came out of my account May 8, I asked for a refund the day after May 9 and they won't process it. I have not used Tinder in way over three months, and I think it's unfair that I can't get my money back. I'm not one to complain about these things but I work in customer service, and these people have no way in handling customers and just don't care, don't ever use Tinder Gold! I will warn everybody now!

Original review: May 2, 2019

This site is a scam. I canceled my subscription and they continue to charge me. They do have a telephone number to talk with someone.They keep asking me for a 17 digits number that I cannot find anywhere. Avoid this ** at all cost! It is a scam.

Tinder expert review by Mark Brooks

Tinder is a mobile dating app that can be downloaded and used for free. It is currently the largest and most popular dating app online with over 50 million downloads. It is best known for its extremely popular swiping feature.

• Social Media Login: Tinder uses your Facebook profile as a means of sign up for their dating app. This helps prevent fraud and makes it easy to quickly import information and photos over to Tinder so you can begin searching immediately.

• Swiping: Tinder's popular swiping feature allows members to quickly move through matches until they find people of interest. If you do not like the profile you are looking at, swipe left and you will not see them again. If you are interested, swipe right. If you accidentally swipe in the wrong direction, you can now pay to unswipe a match.

• Consent before contact: While most dating sites will let users contact anyone in their membership ranks, Tinder will only allow you to contact someone if you have both "Swiped Right" on each other.

• Quick local matching: Tinder is most popularly used as a way to meet people the same day within close proximity.

• Best for: People looking for new friends, casual connections, short-term relationships, and people looking to meet someone within hours of first contact.

Profile picture of Mark Brooks
Mark Brooks Online Dating & Matchmaking Contributing Editor

Harvard Business School graduate, Mark Brooks, has been an expert in the Internet dating business since 1998. He is currently the CEO of Courtland Brooks, a consultancy agency for the Internet dating industry, and runs OnlinePersonalsWatch.com. He prides himself on being a New Media Futurist and can be reached at LinkedIn.

Tinder Company Information