2.62/5

81 Tinder Consumer Reviews

Original review: April 19, 2019

I signed up for their service. It didn't work, so I terminated my account and deleted the app. I've now found out 4 months later they've been secretly charging my card without informing me. I contacted Tinder only to be told they "can't refund my money". Liars! Crooks!

Original review: April 15, 2019

Read the title. When I reached out they refused to tell me how I violated the terms of service. I've never had a negative interaction on the app nor have I ever used inappropriate photos. I'd give this 0 stars if I could. It's ridiculous that they think it's okay to treat paying customers like this.

Original review: March 25, 2019

Account got hacked. Customer services refused to help me, sent rude and derogatory emails basically laughing at me for it, then ignored my emails when I asked to complain. Wasted my money, someone has access to my account/photos/personal info and nothing I can do about it. Find this really scary but they just get away with it. AVOID!!!

Original review: March 12, 2019

I had issues with connecting my IG profile (actually I didn't, there's a bug), after multiple template support emails I explained the issue many times and stated twice that I don't want my profile to be deleted/just want them to solve the issue. Tinder support deleted whole account and asked me: "To clarify, are you still experiencing issues connecting your Instagram account to your Tinder profile?" Worst support I've ever experienced, but to be fair - they solved the issue and I don't have any problems with Tinder app anymore. :)

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

I’ve paid for and used Tinder for several years. I'm a paying customer! I decided to do a little research last week to try and write a better bio so maybe I’d have better luck with matches. I updated my bio and did not write anything inappropriate. I did not write anything that I haven’t seen before on other profiles. I listed a few things I am looking for in a partner, and none were discriminatory. I kept using the same photos I’ve used for a while as well. The next morning I open Tinder and a message displays that says I have been banned. I also had no active conversations with any matches at the time.

I took a screenshot of the ban msg and sent it support explaining what was going on. Well a few days later, the person named Madison that was “helping” me sent me a final msg that’s a generic response saying that I am banned and an appeal will not be allowed. If one person on the app don't like you 'cause of how you look or what you say in your bio and they report you, YOU'RE BANNED FOR LIFE!!! HOW UNFAIR! I’m disgusted I ever gave them my money.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tinder?

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

There's a clear theme here - people getting banned shortly after upgrading or downloading updates. Obviously neither are bannable offenses... I think it may be a bug resulting from iCloud email being different to Facebook email. Which triggers some kind of anti-fake account process. It seems my experience is similar to many others. I could not log in a couple of days after upgrading to a paid account. I have emailed support and awaiting reply but having read the comments I am not too hopeful. One way or another I will get my money back.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

Tried to log into Tinder and apparently my account has been banned. I've no nudity or profanity or even much contact with other users. Tinder support simply tell me to refer to their terms and conditions however refuse to highlight which one I am accused of having broken. Very poor experience.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

From my bank account 2 times my money has been deducted Rs. 330 each time and no subscription was added. I want my refund or I am going to file complaint against Tinder asap! That incident happened on 14th February 2019.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

I subscribed to Tinder for about 1 week. During this time I experienced multiple problems with the app freezing up, not being able to upgrade to a Gold membership, and receiving "canned" replies via email from their support. Unceremoniously, my account was apparently banned/deleted. I was logged out and received the 40303 error when attempting to log back in. Internet searching revealed that the 40303 error meant my account was banned. I was the only user on my account, had no derogatory language on it, no nudity and no reason to be banned. Not to mention I paid for a month and only got a few days of service. I'm very disappointed with this app.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

I was on Tinder for all of 24 hours and for reasons unknown to me I was banned. I asked for help but was given only standard/stock responses saying I violated terms of service. They gave no further explanation. I had re-read the terms and I was certain that I hadn't violated any terms. They told me there was no appeals process and they wouldn't look into it any further.

Tinder Company Information