4.8/5 (102 ratings)

About Master Matchmakers

For more than 20 years, Master Matchmakers has been coaching and matching singles. They are a high end personal service that hand selects qualified matches for you. Master Matchmaker's provides a free consultation and guides you through your ideal relationship with personal coaches and matchmaking professionals. Let them do the work for you and get started today!

Master Matchmakers Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Master Matchmakers?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Master Matchmakers?

Original review: Dec. 17, 2019

Having not had much long term success in previous relationships, I felt like I was in a "stalemate" in my love life; just accepting being independent and alone. After a few conversations with friends, a little on-line experience and meeting someone who was familiar with Master Matchmakers I decided to give it a shot. I think the coaching has been invaluable as my coach was able to assess blockages I was having that was preventing me from giving people a chance. Thanks to their support I was open to a possibility I would have otherwise overlooked. Now I'm happily dating someone and I owe it to them.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2019

I was new to Los Angeles and was looking for someone that I could be in a forever relationship with. I appreciated how helpful my coach was through the activities and how accommodating she was throughout our sessions. I am no longer scared to meet my match. I'm excited to! I enjoy using the skills I learned in the coaching out on matches.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2019

My coach taught me a lot about myself and how to work towards building a healthy long term happy relationship. I learned how to let go of control and allow a process to take place over time. Christina was a perfect coach and I'll miss her. She was very useful throughout the matchmaking and I feel much better off in my love life than I was before I contracted Master Matchmakers.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2019

There were a couple of reasons why I hired Master Matchmakers. First, I was not getting enough qualified candidates for a relationship through online dating. And second, I thought I could benefit from the perspective of a coach who would evaluate me, my criteria and my performance. I think they did a really great job. They did not make any snap judgements about me, and allowed me to present myself which they helped package and present to women I wanted to meet. I avoided all the awkwardness and surprise you normally get with online dating and have been very happy with the matches made.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2019

After trying to fit into the dating culture, I found that I did not have the right personality for meeting anyone online. I decided to try the approach offered by Master Matchmakers. I always felt the old way of meeting others, such as through a friend, would work best for me. And boy did it ever! Not only did I meet a great guy, I wouldn't have been able to hit it off with him if not for my coach and the rest of the team. I am glad I made a friend in my coach and appreciate how important she was to my success with their process.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2019

A recent breakup left me feeling lonely and unsure where to begin. I felt like this service would benefit me in searching for a longer lasting relationship at this point in my life. I have enjoyed my conversations with my coach, the guidance and input, assurance and discretion. I have learned to be more aware of boundaries, to believe more in myself and realize that just because someone doesn't meet all of my criteria, that doesn't mean I shouldn't give them a chance. Thank you! You are wonderful at what you do.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2019

I laugh at people who complained here about their matches being too far away or not their perfect match. What I learned at Master Matchmakers is that love is where you least expect it. I had very strict criteria for a match, but my coach explained how unrealistic it was to expect to meet the love of my life right under my nose. I found the right person despite many reservations. Kim convinced me to meet someone I had big doubts about. But, I promised I would be the first to say, YOU TOLD ME SO! Thank you for introducing me to Eric. Job well done. :)

Original review: Sept. 6, 2019

A well established businessman (husband of my a close friend) suggested I go this route after he had read about dating services and my age group looking for quality relationships. After several very lengthy conversations with “Mrs. Owner” of the company I decided to take the top notch ($2,500.00) plunge and give it a whirl. My profile had so many grammatical and linguistic errors it was less than impressive. I was told I needed better photographs than I had provided so I hired a photographer for a 4 hour shoot. Another $750.00 expense.

My first match came a few weeks later but was 2240 miles away. SERIOUSLY? The second match was much closer, 175 miles, but someone who I had come across in the dating world previously who had anger management issues. The last match was absolutely offensive to me and only sent to me since we were both born in Ohio!!! A 60+ year old band member pothead. Seriously!??? After another month I requested my account be shut down and MM send me a refund, I was told I was given 3 solid candidates and wasn’t due a refund. It seemed I was out of the time frame range of matches they sent. It’s BOGUS. TOTALLY ** and NOT worth one red cent. They had an answer for everything and noted which page on the 71 page document to prove. DO NOT DO THIS!!!!

Master Matchmakers response

We regret that we were unable to satisfy Kristine with the collective efforts of our team. We did our best to provide the service dutifully and respectfully. Kristine was represented to a half dozen men in 4 months who were all within the criteria that she provided. Unfortunately, despite our best efforts to promote all the positive attributes Kristine offers to a potential match, half of these men declined to want to meet her. We delicately and respectfully explained to Kristine in advance of placing her purchase that as a 60 year old woman in Tuscaloosa, Alabama it was going to take time to produce quality matches and that there are very few age appropriate single men in her immediate area that are seeking a serious relationship and met her other stringent criteria. She was told we would have to recruit men on her behalf and that she would need to remain patient. We encourage every client to get professional photos, but do not refer them to a specific photographer. If she chose to pay $750 for photos, that was her prerogative. We have many other clients who have been able to get very flattering photos taken for as little as $150. Our Master Services Agreement is very straightforward and in plain language. The entire agreement fits on one piece of legal size paper. And when we are having trouble with a client who purchase coaching and matchmaking services, we offer a pro rata refund of the matchmaking fee within 90 days of placing their purchase. We wish Kristine success in her future endeavors to meet her match.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2019

I have enjoyed their professionalism and process. I look forward to each introduction they make. I have become pretty self-aware from the coaching and am hopefully more balanced than I was before joining. They have demystified the world of dating and broke it down into palatable bites for me, the uninitiated. This has been a fun, worthwhile experience and I will recommend them to all of my friends.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2019

As a busy professional in an executive position, I wanted a discreet way to meet a quality match without resorting to online dating or going to bars. I have enjoyed the professionalism and the ability of the matchmakers to understand my preferences. I was reminded I needed to trust my instincts and be comfortable being vulnerable and seeking assistance when necessary. The matches I've been presented are all within the criteria I provided and seemingly compatible on paper. I'm happy to be represented by such a kind, caring group of individuals.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2019

Let me start by saying that this service is not one size fits all. I found as a successful older woman, the service was not a good fit- at all. After meeting and speaking with Steve, I was continually pushed off to assistants who had never met me. I needed to be proactive and contact them or they would be silent for months. When I contacted them, they attempted to fix me up with totally unsuitable men, telling me how lucky I was to be meeting them.

I am a successful, attractive professional woman and I was the client- why tell me how lucky I was to meet them? I was treated disrespectfully and they never listened to the type of man I was looking for. I was married to an alcoholic- the first match was an alcoholic and called me wasted the first time (I reported back to Steve). I am a lawyer- the second match was married previously to 2 lawyers and stated he never, ever wanted to date another lawyer again. The third match lived 3000 miles away and stated he never planned to travel match now that he was retired. Match 4 seemed suitable but very busy.

Finally when we were supposed to meet, he never called and confirmed or responded to my messages, but Steve told me I should have pursued him more aggressively and I would have been lucky to meet this CEO- "do you know how many women would kill to meet this guy?". I was never the priority and lost $12,000 over one year. Perhaps Steve relates better to men (which became apparent over time) and they are a more suitable client. If you are a successful woman (e.g., over 7 figure income), I would not recommend this team. Thanks and good luck!

Master Matchmakers response

We are disappointed that Lisa chose to leave this review considering the circumstances of her personal experience. We hold her in high regard and had hoped to steer her into a healthy and happy relationship. Lisa joined our service in February 2015, purchased a total of four matches and hired our CEO to be her coach. Steven met with her, performed the designated coaching sessions and noted her account extensively with details about her life experience in her career, education, family, past relationships, etc, as well as her hobbies, interests and preferences in a match. His job was to support and assist Lisa as necessary throughout her journey. It was not his responsibility to administer the matches. There were eight matches proposed to her by the matchmaking staff and only three of these matches had counted before she quit the service in July 2016. Lisa was never passed off to assistants. We have a staff of full time matchmakers who all work together to make introductions. Our matchmakers made multiple attempts to speak with Lisa so that she could get better acquainted and more familiar with them. Lisa wanted to meet highly accomplished men, who by virtue of their accomplishments are quite busy. She was coached to be more proactive in attempting to meet. Despite Lisa's dissatisfaction, Steven and the rest of our staff continued to represent her dutifully in good faith and good conscience until she resigned from the service. Had Lisa not resigned we would have continued to represent her until we've fully delivered the number of matches promised. This is just one unique aspect of working with our service that makes us stand apart from the rest. Although Lisa did not find the love she was looking for through our efforts we only wish her well in her personal journey to meeting her ideal match.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2019

I retained Master Matchmakers because I was tired of the apps and not meeting the right people and was hoping they would be able to solve this for me. What I got out of the program was so much more. Their coaching program is incredible and addressed the real issues that were standing in my way from meeting the one, which had nothing to do with not meeting the right person. The coaching program with Stephanie (whom I am forever grateful for) led me to address issues from my past that were standing in the way of meeting my person. Almost immediately after the coaching and using the skills I learned from my work with Stephanie I met my person. Thank you to Stephanie and the entire team for all that you are doing to find our matches!

Original review: Aug. 2, 2019

I have been a little frustrated with wading through all the online dating profiles looking for someone serious and interesting. I thought, maybe a professional could do a better job for me. Tatoya, my coach, had been really flexible and helpful. She has a positive attitude and has been very encouraging. I'd like to thank her specifically for making this such a smooth experience.

Original review: July 8, 2019

I met my first match this morning over coffee and had a great first meeting. She was intelligent, witty, charming and beautiful. I really like this match and look forward to seeing her again. If this is any indication of things to come I'm already impressed.

Original review: June 18, 2019

I had a bad experience with the typical online dating services with a lack of filtering. I wasn't looking for a matchmaker, but they reached out to me on a site that I recruit on. As a recruiter in financial services I was open to their process of finding and screening matches for me. I very much enjoyed my coaching experience and the matches as well.

Original review: June 12, 2019

When dating online I had been continuing to meet people who weren't serious or ready to commit or not looking like their photos. My coach helped me reaffirm what I was looking for. This helped me with my feelings of self-worth and I have a new perspective on dating now. It was a very good learning experience.

Original review: May 18, 2019

I only recently moved to the US and have been preoccupied with getting my daughter situated. This was the perfect way to get acclimated to dating in the US. The coaching sessions were interesting and fun and brought some new insights into my life. I am very happy with the experience I've had and really appreciate their assistance.

Original review: May 7, 2019

I've been enjoying an improved outlook in regards to finding someone out there for me, hopefully actually dating someone in the near future will be a significant improvement to my life in general. I'm enjoying putting to practice the skills I learned in the coaching.

Original review: April 30, 2019

After my wife passed away my children encouraged me to get on with my life. Specifically, dating. I had no idea where to begin. My children suggested online dating but I realized quickly that wasn't right for me. I needed help figuring out how to put myself back out there and to re-idenitify myself as a newly single man. The suggestions my coach made were very helpful, especially the reading material. And my matchmakers have done a great job of gradually introducing me to new women. I'm very glad I decided to hire them.

Original review: April 9, 2019

I was tired of coming home alone to an empty statement and not have that social someone to say hi, share my feelings with, share my hobbies, interests and life with. Overall, I felt my matchmaker and coach did a great job. I enjoy dating again! Thanks again.

Original review: April 8, 2019

I had been unable to find a man who I can relate to at a similar stage in life as me. I am pleased to say I have a heightened interest in becoming more self-aware of the way I communicate and the benefits of more effective communication. Master Matchmakers has given me exposure to great men and I'm learning how to be more successful at forming relationships with the ones I want to.

Original review: March 15, 2019

I was starting to become very discouraged with online dating. I was on multiple apps for many years with no success and a lot of bad (or funny) stories. Meeting people just in the day to day became harder as work started getting busier. I knew others who were considering matchmaking, so I decided to look into it. My coach Gabrielle was kind, warm and willing to listen. I didn't feel any judgement and we had honest conversations. She knew what she needed from me and I gained valuable insights from her. This experience has made me look at myself a little different and see things differently. I have enjoyed the experience and am looking forward to seeing where this goes.

Original review: March 14, 2019

My match was definitely much more attractive than I was expecting. He has really nice eyes and was easy to talk to after the initial nerves started to die down. I was expecting a bit of an ego given my last experience with a guy like this because it sounds like his family may be of a different status than mine, but he was very down to Earth. We connected on many levels. We talked about everything we love and care about. It was so refreshing and positive all around. I knew the date went well but it ended when they were obviously kicking us out of the restaurant because we were the last ones there. :) I don't really know that things could have gone any better. I'm officially "on hold".

Master Matchmakers response

It might take a few tries, but we usually get it right.

Original review: March 14, 2019

I was very reluctant to try the coaching but was convinced it would be worth my while. At first I didn't see the point but once I was being matched it all clicked. The feedback was very helpful and with better photos, a polished profile and consensus on how to package and pitch myself I ended up meeting someone on my own. Their matches were very useful though in helping me see blind spots and be more self-aware. All in all, well worth it if you work it.

Master Matchmakers response

We really enjoyed representing you. Thanks for the kind words.

Original review: March 10, 2019

I came to Master Matchmakers because I was serious about finding a partner, and with the trust that someone who understands the world of match making could help me. I found Kemper to be extremely warm to talk to, which is great because I felt like I could truly open up to her about these topics, we are not easy for me to talk about. I felt she understood my personality very well and I could communicate my expectations and needs. Thank you very much for assisting me. I really have enjoyed my journey with Master Matchmakers so far.

Original review: March 7, 2019

I am so thankful for the experience I received from Master Matchmakers. They were very upfront and honest with me about the challenges they expected to face, what my risks were and what they believed they could do. The patience paid off. After almost a year of trying and a few matches that missed the mark, they finally steered me into an ideal relationship. Thanks Kim!

Master Matchmakers response

We've enjoyed representing Kathy. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

I honestly feel the service was not suiting and fulfilling my needs, so I under my own free-will, decided to part ways with them. I feel this was the best move on my end and hold absolutely nothing against their services. Maybe if I would have waited just a little longer, I could have struck gold, but again, I didn't feel like waiting and was my own decision to end services with MM. I wish them nothing but the best. Their good reviews speak for themselves.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

When I was going through divorce I was thinking and saying to myself and to my friends as well that I would go to the matchmaking office for helping me to find a future partner instead of trying a dating site because I couldn't imagine how to trust someone from a dating site. Then one day I told myself that I would just give it a try to a dating site first. I thought I was a lucky one because in less than a month I started dating this amazing guy. Everything was going good, we had 5 wonderful dates and then all of a sudden everything ended. He left without much explanation. He said he needed to resolve his Family issues and he meant his ex-wife. Literally he left me with my jaw dropped. I couldn't imagine that this happened after the way he was treating me. He was so excited and excitedly waiting for another date and another and that is what he told me after our last date too that he was looking forward to our next date. That was the last drop for me.

I unsubscribed myself from a dating site and I found Master Matchmakers. I decided after that failed dating experience that I would go through their coaching program. Every session with Carol was enjoyable, informative and helpful. I learned a lot. I am lucky that Carol is my coach. I am sure I will be contacting her with questions frequently. With everything we have gone over and I have learned, I can go back into dating with confidence and knowing how to spot the red flags right off the bat. Thank you Carol and the team at Master Matchmakers.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

The specific situation that lead me to Master Matchmakers is that I’m having a difficult time meeting single men. I’m busy finishing graduate school and doing my last internship. I don’t have many single friends. All my friends are married. Because of this, I don’t get out socially with single women. Working with my coach was a gift in itself. She was very easy to talk to which made our time together relaxed and I felt very comfortable talking about personal things. I was open and honest about my mistakes of my past. I so appreciated that I felt comfortable enough and I appreciated your patience with me.

She couldn’t have been any more patient about our meeting times and my newness to Master Matchmakers. I enjoyed learning from you about relationships, men, and what to do on a date. Now I can take what my coach taught me and bring it into dating with confidence and ease. I highly recommend Master Matchmakers to anyone who is looking for a different approach to dating.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

The reality of being alone and never married at almost 50 years old has hit me hard over the past year or so. Being an elementary school teacher for over 20 years has somewhat isolated me from the adult world - especially dating. Two years ago I moved to California for a new start. Although beautiful, the town I live in is known as a great place to retire. It is not booming with singles, and being a shy person I have found it challenging to make myself get out to find other single people. Like many, online dating has not worked for me, despite being on the sites for years (off and on). These are the situations that have led me to Master Matchmakers. They have really helped me with getting back the adult life I have been lacking. Through the coaching I have come out of my shell and have started putting myself out there. I have been actually having fun going on dates and seeing what is offered. Thank you Master Matchmakers.

Master Matchmakers Company Information