4.8/5 (95 ratings)

About Master Matchmakers

For more than 20 years, Master Matchmakers has been coaching and matching singles. They are a high end personal service that hand selects qualified matches for you. Master Matchmaker's provides a free consultation and guides you through your ideal relationship with personal coaches and matchmaking professionals. Let them do the work for you and get started today!

Master Matchmakers Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Master Matchmakers?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Master Matchmakers?

Original review: April 21, 2021

Thank you for introducing me to Carol. She is a special person and there is an undeniable connection. I'm happy to say, I've found my match. If it wasn't for the people at Master Matchmakers I'd still be on dating apps.

Original review: April 5, 2021

I wasn't sure what to expect from a matchmaker. I just wanted to be set up with quality men. That was the easy part apparently. The challenge was making a great first impression and going from a casual conversation to a face to face on my terms. I was so glad they have me the instructions and advice that I needed to make each match count. I'm glad I finally met someone I want to pursue a relationship with, but I can honestly say it was the advice that matter even more than the match. Thanks team!

Original review: March 9, 2021

I accomplished more personal growth and achieved more relationship success in six months with Master Matchmakers versus the last 6 years since my divorce. Stephanie made me feel very comfortable even when shaping expectations of future matches. The matchmakers knew me by osmosis. It was shocking to see how quickly they were able to find my match. Although the they swear that was not customary! LOL

Original review: Jan. 24, 2021

After another failed relationship and a lack of exciting options in my small town I decided to explore the idea of hiring a matchmaker. I very much love their approach. They ask direct questions and offer a positive outlook with a reality check. My self esteem has improved and is further improving thanks to this experience. I accomplished now in my love life in just a few months working with Master Matchmakers than I was able to accomplish in years of effort on my own. Finally I'm in a healthy relationship and I'm equipped to avoid repeating the mistakes I've made in the past.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2020

First of all, the first person they matched me with blew me away. Jake is easy to talk to and he took the lead on scheduling the Zoom date and being the one to call. He's direct and send conscientious and practical. Since he's been communicative and curious about me. I never thought I'd expect to pause my search so quickly but I already received more than I bargained for.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2020

At nearly 50, after one failed marriage, one aborted engagement, and several painful relationships I have realized that I have made very poor choices in my dating life and was hopeful that having someone else choose for me would lead to better results. I was new to Baltimore and didn't know how to meet new people; especially with COVID. This is an excellent way to meet compatible people near you. I found the entire experience working with my coach to be incredibly rewarding, interesting and fun. I've been introduced to terrific women and just started dating one exclusively. I'm happy to recommend this service to anyone.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2020

Laughing, learning and meeting new people is the least you can expect from this bunch. I had really low expectations of myself and men, boundary issues and red flags men could see from a mile away. My coach helped me address all of this. Then they introduced me to quality men that I never knew existed. I learned excellent news skills that I plan to always use in the future. Their staff is made up of smart, dedicated, hard-working individuals who always have your best interests in mind. I recommend them to anyone.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2020

Thank you for all that you've been able to do for me. Carol, I appreciate your process and always looked forward to my conversations with you. You're an intelligent and kind person who gives realistic feedback and honest perspectives. Kim, I can't thank you enough for the carefully made Presentations and the diligence behind every Match. You and your team are the best. I'm grateful for the experience and am glad I was able to meet my match.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2020

I'm old school meaning what is norm for a lot is not for me. I take finding someone very seriously. People will interview a dog walker more than a person who wants to meet you for a drink. I wanted Master Matchmakers to screen for me so I can let my guard down and we can find a man to compliment me and I him. My coach was real...to the point but not rude...From the moment we first talked I felt I knew you and that you genuinely love what you do and that you care! Ariel found me a great man and I have been very satisfied with this process.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2020

I was looking for a relationship for the first time in a long time when I contacted Master Matchmakers. The woman I spoke to, Cindy, was so friendly and familiar to me. She explained how they work and promised that Master Matchmakers would give me higher quality matches than what I was getting online dating. Throughout the coaching I enjoyed how the information was so personal to me. It seemed like Tatoya was giving it her all to give me the information I needed to be successful. I'm glad I've developed the confidence needed to make a great first impression. Now I'm committed seeing someone exclusively who Katrina introduced me to so I'm happy to say I no longer looking for that relationship thanks to them.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2020

I signed up for this service 3.5 years ago thinking I might find the love of my life. I thought it was great that they had me have in-depth phone conversations with a "dating counselor" on what I would like. I was told it would be easy to match me up. I ended up waiting over 6 months for even one match (which they in no way made clear to me during my sign-up or my sessions that the process would take this long). I thought the counselor got a great idea of who I was, but then I eventually realized that it's a completely different team that does the "match-making." So basically, it's just like on Match (which is literally 100X cheaper), where they check off boxes on your likes/interests, etc.

My first match was great! I was super excited and messaged him because apparently he approved me also, only to find out, he didn't even seem to know he was on the service! And then it just got worse from there...not a single match they've shown me in the past 3 years has been tempting (I did agree to try 1, but he didn't approve me, which I kind of understand now given that he lives in a big city and would have had to travel to meet me). All the rest (and even him, to some degree) have been average guys with average looks and average jobs that I could EASILY find on match.com or Tinder (better-looking on Tinder actually).

Eventually, they tried to tell me it was my problem and maybe I wasn't that attractive. That eventually got to me, so I actually traded in one of my 3 "matches" so I could get "counseling" because of how upset I was in terms of self-esteem (their employees are not at all qualified to offer real therapy, of course). But, I really just think now that I've had some space to get out of that that basically they don't have that many good candidates. They claim to have this huge database they pull from, but really they pretty much EXCLUSIVELY (unless maybe in FL, where they're based) try to hook you up with other members to "kill one bird with one stone." However, if you have high standards (and I believe I deserve to), they are a HUGE disappointment as they continue to feed you mainstream leads for at least 10x the price of selective dating apps (which I've been accepted into) WITHOUT ANY RESULTS. Cue the unprofessional founder's response...

Master Matchmakers response

Hello Elizabeth. We are sorry that you feel this way and do not appreciate the efforts that our staff has made in good faith and good conscience. In addition to the upfront coaching you received, you purchased three matches (at a discounted rate) and as of today we have proposed 14 men to you that we were hoping you would meet.

Although you may be presented from time to time with a man who might also be using dating apps like you, we go to the extent to prove their identity, verify their age and photos, run a background check and interview them to be sure they are like-minded and well-intentioned before representations of them are made. On apps like Match.com or Tinder you don't know if the individuals are who they say they are, look like their photos, want the same things as you do, etc. Our job is to try to eliminate that guess work and uncertainty for you and to facilitate introductions to quality individuals that you were not able to source on your own.

At no point would anyone on our staff ever suggest that you aren't "that attractive". Our staff is professional and candid. They would never say something that cruel. Every single coach on our staff has received formal training in various forms. A quick visit to our About Us page lists each individual coach's education and other qualifications.

After you exchanged one of your matches for additional coaching, you still had 2 matches owed to you. Indeed, the very morning you lodged this complaint one of our matchmakers proposed an introduction and has tried to no avail to speak with you in an attempt to explain why she felt the match was worth pursuing.

We strive to provide all our clients the satisfaction they came to us looking for, but we cannot represent someone in good faith or good conscious if they choose to disparage us.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2020

I have been looking for a serious relationship for the last eight years. Thankfully I found the team at Master Matchmakers to help me along the way. My coach's insight, openness, and candor have helped guide me into having an enjoyable and successful journey. I have found Master Matchmakers to be a very professional organization. Everyone I have spoken to from the very beginning have all been very open, honest and caring.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2020

I was immediately impressed when the first person I heard from was JoAnn, the owner of the company. She was very honest, caring and considerate of my past experiences that made me reluctant to try another matchmaker. Her team has more than exceeded my expectations. I had recently broken up with someone after a long term relationship. My coach Tatoya was amazing! I so appreciated her warmth, empathy and understanding. She was able to pinpoint my patterns and identify areas for improvement. After some self care they started introducing me to men. I feel so much more aware of my strengths and weaknesses; and where I need to grow. I am now empowered to make the most of each of my matches. I've already met some great men and I know it's only a matter of time before I met the one. Thanks Master Matchmakers.

Original review: July 28, 2020

I was getting involved with the wrong women and I was tired of the effort and energy required just to get a quality date on my own. I was very impressed when Joann, the owner of the company, called me to explain how the service worked and what to expect. I've enjoyed the advice I've gotten from my coach Carol too. It has been more useful than any therapist I've met over the years. I've also really enjoyed the introductions and feedback I've received so far. In just a few months I've met more quality women and learned more than I have in years going about it on my own. I strongly recommend this service to anyone looking to improve their love life.

Original review: June 10, 2020

I have tried a few other dating sites and it had been unsuccessful. I had also tried one matchmaking service before and was very disappointed in how they conducted themselves. I felt this was a very professional service. I appreciated my coach's candor. It allowed me to be honest and forthcoming. And she had very sensible/practical suggestions. The men I have met have been perfect gentlemen and overall this experience was much better than I imagined.

Original review: April 23, 2020

I wanted to leave this review because I was so impressed by my virtual date with Chris I had to shout his praise. Talk about planning! He sent me a beautiful orchid to be delivered the day of (to set the mood) and also had dinner delivered to my house so that we could eat together and he could treat. Now that's impressive!

Original review: March 19, 2020

Arnold and I started talking and texting for a couple of weeks prior to us having time to meet each other in person. Since we live in different states, we finally met this past weekend and had a wonderful time together. We have so many things in common that it’s kind of scary. We are looking forward to seeing each other this coming weekend and have 4 other weekends planned together in the upcoming months.

Original review: March 3, 2020

I can’t thank Kim D. enough for her time, effort, and patience to find me a great match. I have known Kim for years as she took the time to really get to know me. Yes, Master Matchmakers has many beautiful clients, but more importantly Kim matched me with a woman who not only has outward beauty, but that I connect with at a much deeper level. Thank you Kim! You’re the best.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2020

I was getting nowhere with online dating. It was creepy and riddled with people not really available or not really serious. This experience is 100 times better. First, their feedback has been “spot on”, their encouragement heartfelt and sincere, and I believe they helped me grow in a way that makes me even more ready for this next chapter! The coaching is underrated and the introductions have been great. The team has been terrific and I've really enjoyed the matches. It's been a great experience so far.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2020

I could not find quality mates with online dating. I exhausted other avenues that didn't work either. I appreciate the guidance that I've received from my coach, especially with some of the road blocks that I have been experiencing when dating on my own. Getting help with selecting photos and drafting a profile was super helpful and it allowed me to see myself the way others see me. I understand that Rome wasn't built in a day and it takes time to find suitable matches. I have been very pleased with the effort of Master Matchmakers and the quality of service and introductions I've received.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2020

I joined Master Matchmakers because I was not comfortable with online dating. I wanted a way to meet quality men without the disappointment of meeting men that weren't looking for a relationship (or were already in one). This service has helped me become much more optimistic about dating and relationships. I am more confident in dating thanks to the coaching and feedback from the matches. The introductions I received were spot on in terms of the descriptions I was given and it helped to have someone to talk to when I was nervous or experiencing doubts. It's important to be patient with the process but in time they do find ideal matches. I'm glad they introduced me to someone I can see myself dating long term. Even if it doesn't last I'm sure glad I went with this service.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2020

The experience had been wonderful. We are having great communications and interactions with each other. We are discussing ways of working through our long distance relationship. Also, my friends are asking how we met. I think there is awesome chemistry between us.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2020

Ariel did an excellent job with matching me with a compassionate and high quality man who is a true gentleman. We discovered that we have so much in common. At first, I was reluctant to accept this match because we live in two different states and we live approximately 700 miles away from one another. My match flew to my state on December 2, 2019 and 2 days after he arrived back at his home, he booked a flight to come back to visit me in February. I will be flying to visit him in his State on January 14, 2020.

We had so fun together when we met face to face and we talk on the phone every day. He is retired but I still work full time with plans to retire in 2022. It’s a beautiful thing for two people to find a loving, fun, and healthy relationship in our mid sixties. I am pleased with Master Matchmakers’ staff (Ariel R.) services for finding a great friend and mate for me. Our relationship is loving and continues to grow as we date and get to know more about one another. Many thanks to Ariel.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2019

Having not had much long term success in previous relationships, I felt like I was in a "stalemate" in my love life; just accepting being independent and alone. After a few conversations with friends, a little on-line experience and meeting someone who was familiar with Master Matchmakers I decided to give it a shot. I think the coaching has been invaluable as my coach was able to assess blockages I was having that was preventing me from giving people a chance. Thanks to their support I was open to a possibility I would have otherwise overlooked. Now I'm happily dating someone and I owe it to them.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2019

I was new to Los Angeles and was looking for someone that I could be in a forever relationship with. I appreciated how helpful my coach was through the activities and how accommodating she was throughout our sessions. I am no longer scared to meet my match. I'm excited to! I enjoy using the skills I learned in the coaching out on matches.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2019

My coach taught me a lot about myself and how to work towards building a healthy long term happy relationship. I learned how to let go of control and allow a process to take place over time. Christina was a perfect coach and I'll miss her. She was very useful throughout the matchmaking and I feel much better off in my love life than I was before I contracted Master Matchmakers.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2019

There were a couple of reasons why I hired Master Matchmakers. First, I was not getting enough qualified candidates for a relationship through online dating. And second, I thought I could benefit from the perspective of a coach who would evaluate me, my criteria and my performance. I think they did a really great job. They did not make any snap judgements about me, and allowed me to present myself which they helped package and present to women I wanted to meet. I avoided all the awkwardness and surprise you normally get with online dating and have been very happy with the matches made.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2019

After trying to fit into the dating culture, I found that I did not have the right personality for meeting anyone online. I decided to try the approach offered by Master Matchmakers. I always felt the old way of meeting others, such as through a friend, would work best for me. And boy did it ever! Not only did I meet a great guy, I wouldn't have been able to hit it off with him if not for my coach and the rest of the team. I am glad I made a friend in my coach and appreciate how important she was to my success with their process.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2019

A recent breakup left me feeling lonely and unsure where to begin. I felt like this service would benefit me in searching for a longer lasting relationship at this point in my life. I have enjoyed my conversations with my coach, the guidance and input, assurance and discretion. I have learned to be more aware of boundaries, to believe more in myself and realize that just because someone doesn't meet all of my criteria, that doesn't mean I shouldn't give them a chance. Thank you! You are wonderful at what you do.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2019

I laugh at people who complained here about their matches being too far away or not their perfect match. What I learned at Master Matchmakers is that love is where you least expect it. I had very strict criteria for a match, but my coach explained how unrealistic it was to expect to meet the love of my life right under my nose. I found the right person despite many reservations. Kim convinced me to meet someone I had big doubts about. But, I promised I would be the first to say, YOU TOLD ME SO! Thank you for introducing me to Eric. Job well done. :)

Master Matchmakers Company Information