eHarmony

eHarmony Reviews

3.7/5 (2390 ratings)
Find an Online Dating Sites partner
Banner image

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

About eHarmony Reviews

Los Angeles-based eharmony launched in the United States in 2000 with its patented Compatibility Matching System® which allows eharmony members to be matched with compatible persons with whom they are likely to enjoy a long-term relationship.

Banner image

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

eHarmony Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about eHarmony?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about eharmony?

Original review: Feb. 4, 2022

I entered the online dating world having read reviews of all the major dating sites. eHarmony was consistently rated in the top 3. My experience has been that people truly get what they pay for, so I applied this to my selection of eHarmony over the competition with my initial choice of dating services. After completing the evaluation I reviewed those who rated above 100 on their compatibility scale. There were 2 that rated above 120, and I reached out to both. Of the 2 I reached out to, one responded with interest, the other politely informed me she was focusing on another. The person who responded with interest and I met, had a nice dinner together, and have been together ever since. I connected with her and began our journey on the very first day of using eHarmony!

I was skeptical of the compatibility index, and the actual compatibility of two humans meeting after taking the evaluation. Honestly, I have not had such a great connection with a partner in my life. The ability to openly communicate is great for us. I attribute this to the close compatibility for openness and communication we both shared on the evaluation. In my personal experience, and in the geographic region I live, I give eHarmony very high marks and would recommend the service to anyone seeking a serious love interest and life partner.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2022

I have fell victim as many other customers that feel tricked into the length of time they’re being put on a subscription. Once you get another enormous charge you figure out that they have taken it upon themselves to select the subscription and when you realize it they give you all hell and zero opportunity to pay for what you’ve used and to cancel out.

They even go as far to have a collection agency come after you after your bank and PayPal have dealt with them along with your multiple letters. They don’t care about. They rather fight you to pay however many hours to deal with an unhappy customer and in the long run they have already spent more trying to get a measly hundred dollars out of a customer rather than just saying, "Sorry you are unhappy and we can correct this mistake next time and maybe you would come back." They absolutely can cancel a subscription, they choose not to and in the long run they spend more time sending people to tell you they can’t and answering emails and better business reports than just canceling the subscription.

It is the only dating site that I have noticed that had almost 0 matches in a very large city that I live in. I don’t know how they’re not being sued more they already have been sued for sending people to collections. There are many other dating sites that are easy to opt out of and have better matches. Stay away from eharmony.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2022

This service is a rip off. The customer care should be called company care as they do not address or care about your concerns, they enforce the T&Cs. The free app is useless and the paid version is not worth the extremely high cost. I live in California and my parameters were 10 year age difference within 30 miles, which resulted in very few matches. Read the T&C carefully, you only have THREE days to cancel and get a refund or not be charged remaining amounts. Most companies offer seven days and others up to 30 days. I tried to cancel after 15 days due to the disappointing service and was told no and referred to the T&C, so I am out $400. They are in this for money and do not care about the quality of their service or you, the consumer. Don’t waste your money. You would be more likely to win the lottery than find a match or receive good customer service.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2022

The people they match you with are questionable if they're real or not and then on top of that if you want your money back they don't do refunds. It's an absolute rip off. Don't buy it. The service isn't worth what they're charging and you can get your money back when you see how bad the service is. How are they still in business?

Original review: Feb. 3, 2022

I had an experience with eHarmony where there was false advertising. I thought I was signing up for a short time and it ended up for one year. They are going to continuously charge me. It was a terrible customer experience. Don’t use eHarmony.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2022

I finally decided to join eHarmony based on the reviews and my recent dating failures on other apps. I figured I pay then maybe I’ll meet someone who is serious. I ran of matches within an hour!!!! No one is on the app and not to be mean but not attractive potential partners. I am embarrassed that I paid so much for a stupid app that was a waste of money and time. I wish eHarmony goes out of business. They are a scam!!!!

Original review: Feb. 1, 2022

Horrible, They stole my money and provided me nothing or zero service. They advertise under a false name. They have no contact number. The one provided is fake. This outfit needs to be under a federal investigation.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2022

NEVER GET AN EHARMONY ACCOUNT!!! I signed up for a 3 month trial. I was on there for a month, at $120 for the month. Not. One. Match. I got better luck with Tinder for a fraction of the price. I cancelled the service. Now, 6 months later, they are sending me collection notices for hundreds of dollars for services I CANCELLED months ago. Of course, calling overseas "customer support" is pointless. They're the most dim witted, rock brained, stubborn idiots I've been unfortunate enough to have to deal with in years. Needless to say, they were completely useless. So, I guess I'll be getting free kindling for my fireplace every months forever. NEVER USE EHARMONY.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2022

I paid for a 6 month membership (which is their minimum subscription) based on some positive reviews. eHarmony claims that their algorithm matches you with your desired search criteria. After only 1 week, I had over 25 opposite gender profiles than what I was seeking. Half the profiles did not have a photos or were not active. eHarmony claims to have over 26 million "active" users, yet after only a few days, I had no new matches to my very basic and open search. They refused to refund me due to the above and kept telling me to be patient. They also will tell you that they don't guarantee results, after you paid. Please save your money.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2022

From day one you get a lot of opportunities but unfortunately not many if any at all will respond. Of those few that do respond you get one sentence and no more communication. Or someone will text and string you along that they will chat or talk to you but never do. Complete waste of time. I thought.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2022

Like many of the other reviews, I wanted to see who was in my area and figured if the other members were paying, they might be a bit more serious. What about, non existent!!! There are like 4 people that I match within my area and non of them interest me at all. I’m sure they’re great guys, but how can you find a partner between 4 people!!! I asked for my money back, but they wouldn’t reimburse me. Now I have to pay 30$/month for 11 months for a terrible service. I am baffled by this awful service and if you didn’t subscribe, run away!!

Original review: Jan. 25, 2022

I was bored on Christmas eve and signed up for "free to join". I decided to cancel within a few days because I did not want to complete my profile and upload a picture. I notified eHarmony but they refused to accept the cancellation, billed my credit card for $104 in Dec. 24, billed it again on Jan. 23, and insists they will bill it again for a total of $300+. When I called a phone number on my credit card, they sold my info and it was a company trying to sell me alert bracelet. Legalized thieves.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2022

I was disappointed with this app because quite frankly, I watched some pretty convincing reviews on YouTube. They are LYING to you. The biggest problem with Eharmony is the lack of matches. The site is so expensive that no one joins. It’s a ghost town. Eharmony tells you that you will get new matches daily. But this is false. And if you try to claim otherwise, they place the blame on you by constantly telling you to expand your search preferences. Well, I did that and still no daily results. The only preferences I had were to be not above 4 years my age and a distance no greater than 100 miles. And I think that’s pretty reasonable to ask.

I tried emailing Eharmony about this problem and they still haven’t gotten back to me. It’s been over a month. Even if you do find a match you like, they all will most likely not respond to you, and I believe that’s because most are using the free version, which doesn’t allow them to respond to messages. Word of advice: DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY. THIS IS A GARBAGE APP AND I WISH I HAD READ THE REVIEWS FIRST.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2022

The deception starts by them first asking for your preferences for a match. Based on what you said you like, they start sending you fake profiles and pictures of what you like. Then one or more of those fake profiles start sending you messages and then the eHarmony website sends you an email message that you have messages from one or more of the people you like. However, you cannot read those messages until you make a payment. Their prices are ridiculously high and all payments are non-refundable even if you want to cancel the service on the same day you make the payment after realizing that the messages you got were from fake profiles that do not reply to your messages or disappear after you sign up.

They have no phone number or support on their website. You may be able to send them an email but don't expect any good response in any timely fashion. I only got an email response after I submitted a dispute of the charge with my credit card company. Their response was "We don't have phone support but you can email us. Please read our policy at this link on refunds.... There are no refunds after enrolling in the agreement."

On your credit card statement, you will see a (800) number for eHarmony customer care as required by Visa or Mastercard to address disputes. However, the phone number is fake and it is out of service. Apparently Mastercard and Visa are not aware of this. When you explore the website, there is no link to cancel your subscription or delete your profile as they are in the business or gathering inactive or old profiles to present to unsuspecting people.

Don't get fooled by the lower monthly prices if you choose a 3 month, 6 month or 2 year subscription. Their scam is to charge you all the money for the entire or half the subscription period upfront so they get all or most of your money before you realize it a scam service after you start using it (which is unrefundable). In other words they charge you a large sum of money upfront for future service in order to take your money and then have the liberty of giving you unsatisfactory service with no recourse. Save your money and don't get fooled by the fake profiles and fake messages.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2022

I signed up for free on eHarmony at a monthly rate. Unknown to me somehow I opted in for a yearly subscription after my original subscription expired. You would think that eharmony would continue to bill me at my monthly rate. No, they billed me over $500. I didn't have this in my account so the amount was never paid. I contacted eharmony customer support about this and they instance that I owe the $510.44. They locked my account so, I can't use thier service, not that I want to. So, they expect me to pay the $510.44 for something I didn't use. I can understand paying for one month since the service was active but, not 11 months. This seems to be some predatory practice where they automatically opt you in order to generate revenue. They now have sent me to collect for the $510.44.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2022

I signed up and paid for eHarmony membership five days ago. My account has yet to be activated to be visible to other members. Tech Support not responding. It has been 3 days. They are required to respond to issues within 24 hrs. Very bad impression from the start.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2022

Absolutely awful! Similar to others I downloaded the app and then cancelled the 12 month subscription I’d selected within the 14 day cooling off period using the in app ‘cancel auto renewal’ option. Bearing in mind setting up the account and payment is all done in app and it was a monthly subscription this appeared to be the correct course of actions. They are now chasing me for the money. Having looked at the T&Cs it states I have to cancel within 14 days in writing - not the in app option. I have therefore appealed for some compassion due to my mistake and offered to pay for the time I utilized the app pro rata and the personality services used. I have had automated responses only and no understanding at all.

The app is misleading and I believe it is done deliberately. I’m lucky they can’t charge my card and I’m currently fighting back and forth via email. However I am now worried about debt recovery repercussions so feel I have no option but to pay it eventually. Their customer service is awful - the reps speak from a script and the email responses are generic. I offered to pay a fair amount for the services used during the time I utilized the app but they don’t appear to be open to negotiations. Feel an absolute fool and that their cancellation policy vs. Automatic renewal cancellation is intentionally misleading. I don’t know with so many bad reviews how they aren’t being looked into. At least reading other reviews I feel less idiotic as I am not the only one that believed they had cancelled correctly.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2022

After I lost my husband after some time I wanted to try some dating sites; I had a lot of contacts on match.com, silversingles, POF, and even a couple of biker sites but 1 or 2 on eHarmony. Reading the reviews I agree that I'm now subject to over $40/month until October 2022 even tho I cancelled my subscription before the 3rd day. I would never recommend this site to anyone and am very disappointed.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2022

After purchasing a subscription so I could actually see my matches, all of the matches that were advertised to me before I paid suddenly disappeared!!! They weren't there anymore because they never existed! They repeat matches in the results, and even the ones I deleted would be shown to me again!! I reached out to several matches no responses. Most never even saw the messages. I kept getting matches from Beaver Creek Oregon which I thought was strange that so many people on eHarmony we're from that town I never heard of so I looked it up and there's only little more than 4 thousand people in the entire town! Yet they all seem to be on eHarmony!! What a joke.

eHarmony is fake and is a legit scam that pays for good reviews to be written about them that are completely bogus!! That is called theft and is false advertising and is ILLEGAL!! If I were to do the same thing as them I would be in prison! But they are allowed to get away with it because they operate in a country run by a corrupt government and serves only as proof of that!! I'm making it my life's mission to destroy that company!!! If that's the last thing I do on this earth!!!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2022

Most expensive ($400 for 6 months) and most useless because almost no one uses it, so your pool of matches will be very limited and uninteresting. Also, once you've subscribed, there's no way you're getting your money back.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2022

I had joined eHarmony before and found many fake profiles. Also, when you put your desired characteristics in for a match, the matches they give you don't fit those characteristics. When you delete the ones you don't want, they show up in the next day's pre-chosen matches. Contacting customer care does no good. They never answer your questions or concerns. It should be customer don't care. Thought I'd give it another shot with the new year, hoping eharmony had improved its site with all the negative reviews. They haven't. It is worse than ever.

Tried to purchase a 6 month subscription to test it out. I couldn't. Supposedly there was a 35% discount for six months. Tried this one, showed a 3 month subscription in my details, but I couldn't send messages (the receiver didn't get them though they showed in my message center) and my profile could not be accessed via a match search with specific details. (Had a friend try to find me using their profile. They couldn't.) Eharmony is a fraudulent company and should be closed down. Tried to go in and change the subscription from auto renew, following the help instructions, can't be done. Had my bank deny the charges. EHarmony will take your money but not provide a good service that actually works. Their customer care is a joke.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2022

EHarmony is the worst... Before I joined this dating service I did research several companies. They all had about the same risks and pro's and con's. EHarmony send profiles of men with no photo about 75 % of the time, send photos of horrible looking men, the men had nothing in common with my selections, the customer service department are all rude and do not respond to complaints. They actually sent a photo of a man that was a retired dish washer and looked like a serial killer. I'm reporting them to the Federal Trade Commision and the BBB. DO NOT JOIN!!!

Original review: Jan. 5, 2022

Case:

Do not get a Subscription to in Eharmony (36$/Month) To cancel the renewal you will need to go through a series of links to then be told Your automatic subscription renewal will be cancelled... IF you do so by writing them a request letter with a specific ''Password'' and a ''User ID'' etc... making it as unclear and complicated to increase the probability of collecting further payments before customers realize renewal wasn't ''successfully'' cancelled because X or Y. It is kind of ''Legal'' but... mostly a shady business model for an institution in decline.

Story:

I've been testing a few Dating Apps over the last years (quick tip; best one is Hinge) and I believe in not being too cheap if you're being serious. So out of curiosity I wanted to try other Apps like Eharmony to get a good idea of what are the type of users and I have to say it is even worst than Tinder! Do not bother if you're 40, 30 or younger, there's nobody there; it is not only the process that matter, but the actual number and quality of users.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2021

After less than 24 Hours - Requested a Cancellation due Fraud Accounts and Denied due Representative said Quality of Accounts not Guaranteed. Also - No Accounts in my Area - I stated wanted in Person Dating not a Online Site - still no response - told could change in next two years. Do not recommend this site.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2021

eHarmony.com proved to be the absolute worst experience online of any online dating site. Prior to becoming a premium member, the site displayed pictures of prospective matches, though many were listing that were expired. After paying the premium, interestingly enough, at least half of the profiles had NO pictures, many of the listings once again expired. eHarmony's success obviously relies on its heavy advertising but actual members quickly realize that the company cannot live up to its promises. "A new dissatisfied customer every 14 minutes" might be a more adequate slogan for the company.

The customer service team, upon being contacted, repeatedly responded with scripted emails, never acknowledging the actual concerns. Now, in a desperation to connect with a wider audience, eHarmony's commercials promote the emphasis of its catering to gays and lesbians. Thanks to eHarmony, every household with children sees guys kissing guys & women kissing women. The message conveyed to these receptive children is that this is all quite natural. What a shameful organization. It should be banned.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2021

Be realistic. COVID sent people to free apps, I had only around 60 profiles shown, all ethnicities, 20-45 age range, Toronto downtown @ 50km radius. SHOCKING! RIDICULOUS! For $180CDN. Refund declined. AVOID! It's a complete RIPOFF! Extremely OVERPRICED. DON'T BOTHER, SAVE YOUR MONEY. There's no trial period. STAY AWAY!!! They will not even allow you to get refund for remaining payments pending. Absolutely HORRIBLE. You will waste your money, that's a guarantee. I wish I came here for reviews. I should have known better not to do solo guided subscriptions but rather refer to other members who have had experience with them. What a waste of money.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2021

Please, please stay away from eHarmony, when you sign up it automatically renews your subscription with no option to do anything else. They never send any reminders and if you don't remember to cancel there is absolutely nothing you can do. I was just charged 578.34 for 1 year. It is a useless site and never made 1 connection, even online! Never spoke to one person, other sites are so much better, Bumble, Hinge even Match. eHarmony is outdated and has terrible customer service and is so very expensive. I emailed them and they said nothing they can do, which is total crap. STAY AWAY. So not worth your money.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2021

The whole signup process with EHarmony is setup like a scam, similar to the IQ test scam. They get you to invest your time into filling out these ** questions so you're more inclined to give them your credit card at the end. Once you do, they continue to bill you 104 bucks a month in perpetuity. Once you "cancel" your subscription, they still have you for 1 to 2 years subscription. The only way to fight this is to dispute the charges every month. This is the worst dating platform I've ever used. All predicated on the "christian" dating alternative. Of course I should've known it was a scam with that premise. Zero service, zero accountability, zero chance I will ever use this site, and neither should you!

Original review: Dec. 26, 2021

FALSE ADVERTISING! I am looking for matched with similar faith. They have a whole article on the importance of matching values/religion saying they had lots of matches etc. I joined only to not be able to see anything on a free profile. But it said hundreds of matches. When I paid, suddenly there were very few matches, half without photos and lots are fake profiles too!! Many have not logged in in months etc too. When I contacted them about this it was too bad so sad. Escalating this to ACCC in Australia for false advertising. I have had NO NEW MATCHES since I joined 2 months ago!! Do yourself a favour and cancel your credit card. Better yet do NOT SIGN UP! It's basically click bait!

Original review: Dec. 25, 2021

Maybe the only company I've ever dealt with which refuses to do refunds or cancel membership in the first few days of membership. They obviously pay websites (etc) for positive reviews, considering the poor results of their site. Being in one of the largest cities in the country with a handful of matches, none of whom have been online in months

eHarmony Company Information