eHarmony Reviews

eHarmony
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.79/5
Based on 1,390 ratings submitted in the last year

Los Angeles-based eharmony launched in the United States in 2000 with its patented Compatibility Matching System® which allows eharmony members to be matched with compatible persons with whom they are likely to enjoy a long-term relationship.

Banner image

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

Banner image

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

eHarmony Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about eHarmony?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about eharmony?

Original review: Oct. 12, 2020

I just joined this site after seeing commercials on how great it is. I’m a 65 year old very attractive woman who lives in the metropolitan NY area. I spent a lot of money on joining this site. All the men are over 60 miles away, the same men are on every day and absolutely no one has liked me. I have been on other sites with a lot of attention from men but not one person is interested in my profile. Sometimes I feel like it doesn’t even exist. It’s a major ripoff and when I asked for a refund they said to change my search parameters. I expanded my search parameters and still nothing. Very frustrating. Stay away!!!

Original review: Oct. 9, 2020

I joined eHarmony and was charged $23.29 for membership 8/22/2020. Subsequently, I was charged $23.20 on 9/22/2020. I tried to cancel membership but was advised I could not do so. BEWARE when you sign up; although they tell you how to cancel, they will not allow it. To add insult to injury, although it is only 17 days later, when I attempt to access eHarmony I get a dialogue that instructs me to accept their ¨Tracking Technologies¨. There is no provision to ¨not accept¨ and when I do not click on ¨accept¨ I am not given access to my ALREADY PAID account. They should give access or refund the fee they charged!!

Original review: Oct. 7, 2020

I thought I would give eHarmony a chance in looking for a long term relationship as I don't go out much because I'm a parent and I work. I ended up meeting a gentleman who turned out to be married. I found this out when I did a background check on him. I presented the evidence to eharmony in hopes they would remove his account because I thought eharmony was for singles or divorcees looking to meet a decent match and settle down. Turns out eharmony lets anyone become a member even if they are married. I paid $300 for a subscription only to find out eharmony is no different than the free dating sites.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2020

I signed up for eHarmony to look for a significant other and man was I disappointed. I read the terms and conditions and agreed to pay for 6 months thinking a lasting relationship was an investment. Once my account was set up, there were over 200 matches that I could view. I was only interested in 2 of them. The first one ghosted me and the other seemed really sweet, so I spent a few hours messaging them. The second day of messaging, my phone told me their full name and I decided to look them up. To my horror, they had been jailed less than a year ago for inappropriately touching several minors between the ages of 12-14. A police report also said they had a record of doing this several other times on top of that!

I was foolish to think eharmony would provide a quality or safer experience because they charge so much and lock you into their contract for so long. Good thing I did my research on the person as soon as I could. Things could have ended badly. I’m too scared to trust anyone else on the app now but I’m stuck with it for the next 6 months. My advice is to always look people up and wait a while before you fully trust them.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2020

I decided to have a look at eHarmony by buying a 3 month membership. Before the 3 months was up, I shut off access to my profile. eHarmony has renewed my membership for a year, and charged me $550. I contacted them very soon after this was evident to say that I did NOT want to remain a member only to be told that I was stuck with the membership until September 2021, and they will NOT issue a refund. I am not impressed with a company that has a no refund policy.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2020

Please do not waste your time, effort and money! I think that loneliness has impacted most people, in some way or another, especially this year. But I decided to join a dating site, and someone suggested eHarmony. I joined, and I had a flurry of messages. Some weird (had to block), some (I think) from genuine fellas, but not the type of fella that I felt I would have a connection with (even though the eHarmony personality match was high), or indeed found attractive. Also, the majority of matches were over 100km away!

The whole experience was completely deflating and I decided to cancel my subscription, as I was within the 14 day cancellation period. They charged me £65, for less than 10 days usage of the site. Not only was their personality match a complete joke, they said that the personality report was worth £130... But they would only charge me £50 for it, plus one month's subscription fee. Which is absolutely disgusting. I wish I had read the reviews prior to joining, and I suspect that many others will fall foul. eHarmony's business model, must be based around how much money they can charge, rather than providing a quality service.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2020

If you forget or fail to correctly cancel after 6 months they auto renew your membership for one year!!! 600$!!! No notice is given!!!! Do not use this site!! No help given when you contact customer service!!!

Original review: Sept. 22, 2020

We paid for a 3 month subscription for my daughter. After the three months were up, they sent an email notice that if you did not cancel the subscription, they would automatically enroll you in the premium one year membership. This email, unfortunately, landed in her junk folder. The one year membership is $587! She talked to them and they refused to prorate it. No refund is available for this situation. She had already stopped responding to the myriad of strange messages that she had gotten from odd eHarmony subscribers.

Yes, it was in the fine print. However, wouldn't a reputable business allow you to re up on your own, instead of auto sign up for their top level plan? How much would it cost them to fix this issue? Nothing. It's is also impossible to talk to a real person in customer service. They know they are smarmy, so they wall themselves off from complaints. Avoid this business like the plague. They advertise that they are a "Christian" dating site. They are a money-grubbing shady enterprise with a bunch of scary folks mixed in with sincere people trying to find love. Don't support their scam!

Original review: Sept. 14, 2020

I paid the most I've ever paid for any dating site, thinking that my matches would have more potential but nothing. 80% of the accounts have no photos and no one local. I would NEVER spend my money on eHarmony again OR whatever service you use, do not allow them to commit you for a year like eHarmony does. It's trash and a waste of your money. I've had better results on the free dating apps.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2020

I have tried several different dating sites which matched me with appropriate dates. All of the others allowed a trial of 1-3 months. Someone told me eHarmony was a better site so I tried. They only allow an option of 6 months and it is more expensive. I thought this might offer me a higher quality of dates but I was very wrong. In two months I did not have one appropriate date. I explained this to customer service saying I wished to cancel and stop my payments but they refused to comply. I found 3 other dating sites that had much better customer service.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2020

Eharmony claims to provide you with quality matches after you take a shortened personality test. I subscribed for free, but you aren't able to see those "quality" matches until you purchase a subscription. Of course you cannot purchase a short term subscription. You can however purchase a ridiculously priced, reoccurring subscription. Wait... aren't you providing me with quality matches? Why must my subscription be reoccurring?

I selected the cheapest, 6 month subscription. My matches popped up and I literally said out loud, are you kidding me! Using a much cheaper site in tandem to eharmony I found that the matches were more quality, and I was able to select more filters. I didn't have to complete a personality test to find these matches because, I pretty much know what I want and don't want. I attempted to cancel my subscription 1 day into it. They claim that they have a 3 day no obligation full refund policy. But oh, only did I find out later, that is only in certain states. What? It's an online virtual dating site! Ok whatever. I deleted my eharmony account with them still collecting my money that they refuse to refund. This company is grabbing at straws to keep up in the online dating scene and they are willing to take advantage of their consumers.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2020

The dating site Eharmony fails, in my opinion, quite miserably:

1. Even though you can't force people to like you, a dating site should at least deliver enough candidates to possibly date. I subscribed to eHarmony.ie believing that it would give me the opportunity the meet people in Ireland. After paying an extortionate amount of money to get on the site, I saw that there were less than 15 candidates in the whole country, in my age group.
    2. As mentioned before, I had to pay quite some money to access the site, around €70,- p.m. for 6 months (you pay double the first 3 months), only to learn that a friend of mine was able to get it for £11,- p.m. and not having to pay double.

3. I'd specified to look for a possible partner in Ireland, and failing there, the UK as well, only to receive visits to my profile from Australia, South America, etc. My profile must've been shared.

To say that I feel fleeced and duped is an understatement. I do not recommend eHarmony in any way, shape or form.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2020

SO, I wanted to check this site out, because of their commercials. False advertisement. I poured my heart and answered all questions honestly. Every man that I texted on the site just wanted to get in my pants. No man ever mentally Jesus or God. I was not happy. This site is not a good thing.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2020

This service is a waste of money and offers a disappointing selection of matches. Their customer service is terrible and is geared towards adding extra payments to clients without their knowledge. If you do decide to sign up make sure you read the fine print as they do not respect any cooling off period and continue with charges even if you cancel your account.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2020

I'm going to be completely honest and I dont really care if this sounds petty but I've had eHarmony for less than 2 weeks and I'm a single 34 yr old woman with a decent job a house, no kids etc.. The vast majority of my matches are well, less than interesting and I have yet to come across a single match that I personally find attractive.. Yes I know looks arent everything but it is a pretty defining feature of chemistry.

Also there are very few men within 60 miles of me that are matches in my given age range (29-40) which I think is fair for my age.. There are however a good deal of men over 40 and men who say they are in their 30s but look to be over 45 viewing my profile and sending me messages.. I'm not saying I'm a model or anything but I eat healthy, run, lift, do yoga and generally takes care of my appearance.. I feel duped that eharmony has my money. I'd rather sort through all of the unsavory characters on Tinder.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2020

I took out a 6-month subscription on a payment plan with e-Harmony. I had previously had a good experience on this dating app a few years ago but did not have the same experience this time. I live in a rural area so my matches have been limited and most are an hour away. I believe this has been a deterrent for matches to make a connection with me. I asked eHarmony to make an exception and waive my last 2 payments and cancel my account due to the challenge of my rural location. Their response was to refer me back to their policy with absolutely no willingness to offer a compromise. I was well aware of the policy which is why I asked for an exception. As well they suggested I increase my search area to other states. I am not interested in a long distance relationship and I was angry that this was their “solution”. Don’t subscribe to eHarmony - they are focused on taking your money but not on making sure you are happy with their services.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2020

I would give eHarmony negative stars if I could. I joined eHarmony at the beginning of July 2020. I paid ~$300 for a premium 1-year subscription. In that time, I've mostly been contacted by men who are scammers and men who are not paying members and cannot reply. I continue to be "matched" with men whose profiles have been inactive for well over a month (some up to 2 months) and men who are well outside my criteria. Traffic to my profile was ok during the first few days of my subscription, but over the past few weeks has dwindled to essentially no views (indicating poor exposure by Harmony).

I did not pay ~$300 for a sub-par service. Within the first 3 days of my subscription, I realized the service was poor and immediately contacted eHarmony for a full refund. I was told they could not refund my money. I decided to give it another shot, only to have the poor service continue. Since then, I've filled out their online "contact" sheet to request a refund. I received an acknowledgment email from the company stating that my complaint was received and that they'd reply in 24 hours. This has been a few weeks ago now, and I have received no response. I then sent direct emails to a provided email address: support.eharmomy.com, with no response.

Now, when I click on the link to the "contact" sheet, I can no longer access it within my account. eHarmony has essentially scammed me out of $300 and its customer service is abhorrent. I've been on other dating sites and their customer service has been much more responsive than eHarmony's. Avoid joining eHarmony at all costs.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2020

I've been single for a while now and decided it was time to put myself back out there. I had tried several sites including eHarmony in the past and my impression was that eharmony was safer with fewer scammers. However, this time around, I've not encountered any scammers (good!), but also no one has liked my profile and only one person has even made an effort to respond to me. There is rarely anyone listed who's even living in the same state I am, and even if someone looks at my profile, they never initiate any contact. Most don't have pictures and most don't fill out their profiles so you even get a feel for what they may be like. I even wrote to eharmony asking for help and advice and no one ever responded.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2020

I purchased eHarmony in 8/19 for our daughter, I knew I was in a one year contract. I contacted them to cancel the account before it renewed and they advised me she had to email them. She emailed them and they CLAIM to have canceled it but we still got billed 103.80. They now refuse to refund me! They rip off the consumer. Do Not Use Them!

Original review: Aug. 25, 2020

Thought I was doing a 3 day trial, turns out I was stuck in a contract for a year, that only applies to certain states. Hardly any matches in my area. Just don't do it, not worth cost or headache. UGH.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2020

I’m embarrassed to report that boredom and curiosity provoked me into clicking fast and NOT reading fine print. What I read was that I had three days to try it out for free, but after realizing I couldn’t really see anyone else on the site or access filters, I had to pay. I looked through the payment options and how much things cost. What I read was that it was $17 for the first three months, then it bumped up significantly. THIS WAS MY MISTAKE. I assumed (and we all know what that does) that I could fiddle around in the site and see if I liked what I saw for a few weeks and cancel if I didn’t love it. For $17, I was willing to sate my curiosity. No. Y’all, they charge 3 installments of ~$100 NOT the $17 for the first three months then the monthly charge.

It’s is NOT clear and while I did not slow down to read carefully, I would venture to say that the lack of clarity and explicitness is similar to the poacher-style loans you see on the side of busy college town streets. People are too caught up to read the verrrry small print and make an expensive mistake. I am so mad at myself because ultimately, I fell victim to an unclear marketing tactic. I found a hack to avoid the further installment payments, but I’m frustrated that I’ll be out the $100.

Resolution response: Sept. 1, 2020

They finally responded and they offered me the subscription that suits me and I've received refund for the balance.
    I appreciate their reply.

At the end it finished well and im happy now

Original review: Aug. 23, 2020

I recently registered with eHarmony and chosen 24 Monthly subscription, but I wanted to take on a Monthly base. They took the whole payment, even though I was asking them to cancel while I was still in 14 days cancellation from the registration. They ignored most of my emails and waited to pass 14 days (this is the period you can cancel your subscription) and took the whole payment at once. It's really very unprofessional service. The person that dealt with me was sort of annoying, telling me to spend time on the website instead of complaining. In that sort of manner. Terrible service. They don't deserve to be supported. I am very upset and I can't wait to finish with them. I wouldn't suggest eharmony to no one.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2020

I would give eHarmony zero stars if I could. They want to hold customers to their policies, but do not hold up their end of their policies like the guarantee the site advertises. I paid in full for a 12-month subscription. The site was terrible and didn't help me to meet anyone. I stopped using the site several months before the pandemic and the national lockdown which kept anyone from being able to meet people and use the site services. I did not request a refund due to the pandemic hardship, which should be automatically done since this is an unprecedented hardship for many people.

Anyway, I was unaware of the auto-renewal since I didn't really use the site and haven't logged in months before the renewal. My credit card number changed, so they weren't able to charge me in July. I got an email in August with a bill I owed for $388.15 for another 6-month subscription. I emailed them immediately to tell them that I do not want to continue my service and that I haven’t used it in months. They replied with a legal policy that I must pay for the subscription unless I canceled before the renewal date. It was a few weeks passed the renewal date and I haven’t used the service, so I don’t feel that I owe this money. I was unhappy with their site, I haven’t used the site much during my paid subscription and I didn’t use it at all months leading up to the renewal date due to the pandemic. This company does not care about their customers and only wants to enforce policies without any consideration.

I am not seeking a refund for the year that I barely used and terrible service they provide. I wasn’t charged for the subscription they say I now owe because of my credit card number changed. I will never use their site again. I just want my balance owed to be removed for a subscription that I didn’t authorize for renewal and haven’t used. I would never use a service and not pay for it nor would I neglect to pay for something I received. However, I don’t feel I was treated fairly, I didn’t use the site, and I don’t feel I owe them for the new subscription that I didn’t authorize or use that they are forcing me to pay because it’s in their policy.

When I asked them for some consideration to resolve this matter, they emailed me back and said that I owe them for a 12 month subscription and not 6 month subscription like the original billed emailed to me in the first email. This is not what they said in the first email. You cannot tell someone they owe $388 for 6 months and change it to 12 months for $800+. This company needs to get their act together and not treat people so poorly without any consideration. Lastly, I was so angry about their business practices that I asked about how to fulfill their guarantee that is advertised. They haven’t answered any of my questions in several emails regarding this. They just keep telling me I owe them money even if I delete my account due to the policy.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2020

I signed up half asleep thinking as they put it, I was getting a discount for three months for 14.95 a month. Gave them my cc# and went to sleep. The next day I checked the charge and it was 96.09. I called immediately to no avail. So I texted customer care. They said they could not refund my money. So I've been writing and texting ever since. Something has to be done in order to get a refund. There has to be a way to stop these crooks from taking our money, with no consequences. How about a class action suit saying how they dwindle people out of their hard earned money every day. They haven't heard the last of me any time soon. Predators.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2020

I did not read the find print in the payment agreement that says you must complete a year's worth of payments, even if you are dissatisfied and want to delete your profile, something that is commonly done on dating websites...except for eHarmony. I believe this to be the equivalent to the scammers that often visit these sites. I received absolutely no views, no likes, no conversations, nor did I find anyone in my city of 250,000 among their subscribers. Now I'm stuck with the rest of the yearly subscription payments for a very lousy service. Don't fall for their scam that you cannot have recourse if they fail to live up to your even mediocre expectations, much less if you have to believe their ads and actually have high expectations. Thank you.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2020

Awful group of men to choose from. The ones I chose to speak to were mostly liars and I learned provided false information on their profiles. Had 4 contacts who were scammers with fake photos and information. Luckily I was able to pick up on it and call them out. When I contacted EHarmony to cancel and remove my profile, I was told I had to pay anyway. Very expensive and a total waste of money. Very unfriendly and poor customer service. Save you money and sanity. Don't do it!!

Original review: Aug. 12, 2020

I signed up during Covid lock down. Believing by the verbiage that you can cancel at anytime. You can not and they continue to take money out monthly. I met one decent guy and beyond that it was pretty scarce. I'm an attractive middle-aged woman. I answered all of the questions honestly, filled out the profile completely. I had 3 guys total message me and aside from the one decent one the other 2 just disappeared. I wouldn't recommend for the time and the trouble and the continued depletion of my bank account. I consider it to be a total rip off!! I always thought this was a reputable site. Turns out they are just money hungry.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2020

I was a non-paying member of eHarmony for 2 days and in that time 11 men wrote me. That seemed like a nice amount to me since the site promises quality members. Quality over quantity was attractive to me. Unfortunately you cannot view profile pictures of people who write you as a non-paying member, so I became a paying member on day 3. In the 38 days since, only 15 men wrote me. I work in data analytics and that’s not statistically possible if an environment stays the same. 2 days = 11 emails, 38 days = 15 emails.

I reached out to eharmony as I felt duped and wanted to cancel my contract. They wouldn’t allow me to cancel and had the nerve to give me advice on how to make my profile more attractive. As a comparison, let me share that I joined another dating site the same day as eharmony (Plenty of Fish) and I’ve had 200 men email me in the same timeframe and am actively going on dates! I can’t say for certain, but my theory is that most of the 11 men who wrote me the first two days on eharmony weren’t real humans but straw men whose profiles eharmony created to give me the impression that I would be getting a lot of emails, when in fact I barely get any.

In fact, I am writing this on August 11th, and in the entire month of August only 5 in total men VIEWED my profile on eharmony. I get at least 5 men writing me PER DAY on Plenty of Fish and I’m over 40! I suspect that there are too few members of eharmony to make any real pairings. I wish someone would subpoena their algorithms for matching people because they deliberately con you into believing you’re popular when your a non-paying member only to give you no return on your investment once you actually pay for the service. If there was a class action lawsuit against eharmony I would gladly join.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2020

This site is selling you wolf tickets, nothing is real and authentic on here. Just a bunch on programmed bots and moderators making you believe that you're actually going to find love. When in reality they're just keeping you around in order to get paid. If you look closely, some of the people stop responding and randomly they unmatch you. This is an ongoing trend and people are just paying for false hopes and expectations.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2020

What a scam!! Do not use this site! Lost $500, which is what they have you pay now. Horrible matches if any!! Been on for months and asked for money back... No way. I even opened my area of search to the entire world!!! Still nothing. I am so mad I got sucked into this!! I am an educated, attractive, wealthy, interesting, healthy woman... It should not be that hard. I am going for a more personal approach. The money will be more worth it. This is a total waste of time and money!!

eHarmony Company Information