eHarmony

eHarmony Reviews

3.7/5 (2863 ratings)
Find an Online Dating Sites partner
Banner image

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

About eHarmony Reviews

Los Angeles-based eharmony launched in the United States in 2000 with its patented Compatibility Matching System® which allows eharmony members to be matched with compatible persons with whom they are likely to enjoy a long-term relationship.

Banner image

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

eHarmony Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about eHarmony?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about eharmony?

Original review: July 15, 2022

eHarmony Subscription is a scam! I paid for 1 year subscription but then realized eHarmony had NOTHING to offer. They have a ridiculously small user base. Most profiles are not even active. I asked for a refund but of course they refused haha. eHarmony are thieves, nothing more. Avoid like the plague.

Original review: July 15, 2022

I canceled my membership within 3 days of joining and they will not allow me to cancel and want me to pay the remaining balance. They stated only certain States have a 3 day grace period for cancelation. This has to be illegal as there should be a cancelation grace time frame for every state in the United States. On top of it they have the nerve now to send my account to a collection agency. Don't use this site they are fraudulent. I will be contacting an attorney to start a class action lawsuit.

Original review: July 13, 2022

I should have read these reviews before signing up, because all the one-star reviews reflect the experience I had with eHarmony. How come some websites still recommend them in articles such as "10 Best Dating Sites". If I could give minus stars, I would give a minus 10. This has to be the worst company I had ever had to deal with. They offer absolutely zero value in the New York City market. It's a scam operation, it's not a business. They care only about money. DO NOT SIGN UP WITH eHARMONY.

Original review: July 12, 2022

I signed up several months ago. I immediately realized I was receiving out of state matches. I canceled. The response? NO. Now they are demanding payment in full. Unacceptable. I have an attorney to fight this insanity. Most places would quietly allow me to cancel & consider that good business.

Original review: July 11, 2022

I used this app for a matter of a month and then not anymore after that point. I bought a 1 year subscription and did not use it at all and thought that I had canceled cause I followed their instructions but then got billed for another year when I thought it had got discontinued correctly. They refused to prorate me for a month when I noticed that was getting charged for another year a month later on a app I barely used cause it's a terrible dating app in the first place and would not let me get out of paying them for a whole year sending me to collections. Never trust this dating app. They will squeeze every penny they can out of you.

Original review: July 4, 2022

Once they have you they don't care about anything but your money. There are only a few "matches" per day, and there's no one you would want to be matched with anyway. Complain, and you're out of luck. They refuse to cancel your subscription for any reason and will continue to charge you for a full year. They don't care whether you're happy or not. I've tried at least a half dozen dating apps, and this is by far the worst, with the least number of potential dates. Don't bother!!

Original review: July 1, 2022

I joined for 6 month after they offered 60% off. Total cost $119. The pandemic had a severe effect on my industry and we all lost our work. During making ends meet and the stress, I forgot about my membership. I suddenly got charged $598.80 for a one year subscription. I could of course afford this. I wrote to Eharmony to explain and they wrote back that they cannot give a refund and it’s in the small fine print. Disgusting behaviour. I offered to negotiate for another 6 months at the $119. They declined. This company is a complete immoral corporate bully and citizen who does not care about your well being or mental health. They do not deserve to be in the space of finding people love as they show absolutely none themselves. Disgusting and please never ever use this company. Shocking behaviour

Original review: June 29, 2022

I tried to cancel within minutes of joining and they refused because they didn't like the reason I gave them which was shame on you for not allowing it. Not one connection and very few decent matches.

Original review: June 28, 2022

I signed up for a month to month premium membership... or so I thought. Fast forward 20 mins later and over $130 being charged to my card, I request cancellation. Nope! And they want the additional $400 too. This company works on BAIT AND SWITCH and deserves a class action lawsuit.

Original review: June 28, 2022

The first thing is, when they say there's a free trial membership, that's a lie. Don't spend hours worth of your time filling out all those questions only to see they will not allow you to see faces during the supposed free trial. The second thing is, when they're telling you they're giving you a discounted price and to choose a package, the minute you choose the package you want to consider, you've automatically paid! Don't do it! If they have to cheat you to get your business they must not be able to deliver on their services! When I was choosing the package, I thought like every reputable business, I would get a breakdown of what I was getting ready to purchase before hitting submit. That was not the case.

The minute I chose the package, that was considered payment and now I was locked into a contract. Find out if the state you reside in is allowed refunds. Because even if you cancel the mistake within 30 seconds you still cannot get your money back if you live in the state of New Jersey. Horrible business practices. If they could deliver on their services they would not have to cheat you into having a subscription. Also they had the wrong email and while they may have corrected the email they still have not sent me an invoice or a bill to my correct email. Terrible company! Don't make the tragic mistake like I did in accidentally paying for it.

Original review: June 25, 2022

Total scam. Ripoff. They won't let you out of the monthly contract for an entire year! I accidentally chose the monthly program for 12 months rather than monthly and it locked me into a yearlong financing contract for over $500! After I realized what I had done I immediately contacted them and they said I could not and my contract and that I would have to pay the full amount to get out of the contract! And I told them what kind of a man I was looking to date and they matched me with men that didn't have the qualities I was looking for at all! Please heed my warning!! Total scam. Ripoff!!!!

Original review: June 23, 2022

After years of being romantically alone, I looked at online dating sites and chose EHarmony. I am a 53 year old professional woman, with adult children and very independent. It took me over an hour to fill out the questionnaire profile and upload pictures. Within four weeks I had gone on 5 dates and within 2 months had been seeing one man only. Nine months later we are still together, serious, and in a monogamous relationship heading toward marriage. I never thought this site was a “meat market”-the matches given to me by the algorithm was right on the money.

Original review: June 22, 2022

Eharmony is one of the worst dating websites there is. Their sole priority is to make money. They boast about their special questionnaire which helps you to match with compatible people. What an utter load of rubbish and waste of time. Customer services is diabolical and unhelpful. They have failed to respond on many occasions. An automated service may as well respond to you. Be very careful about signing up and read their very small print otherwise you’ll find yourself out of pocket.

Original review: June 22, 2022

I started this service months ago and have maybe only had 3 people respond to me and the conversations did not last long. The number of profiles that do not respond is insane on this website. I feel there are a lot of fake profiles and when I asked eHarmony for my money back, they said I should expand my search to over 150 miles. I am a single mother so I can’t be commuting so far away trying to date someone. This is a terrible service and will not be renewing with them at all.

Original review: June 20, 2022

They need you to fill out your profile with plenty of details because the crooked scheme won’t work without it. The game is rigged, Eharmony uses algorithms to ensure that you don’t find your match soon. It will find good matches far away or bad matches nearby…for months and months, ensuring you continue to pay. How do I know? I filled out identical profiles and submitted on the same day, Eharmony and Plenty of Fish. Plenty of fish found great matches nearby. I called Eharmony and said I want to cancel right now, they said “but why? You have such a great profile.” I said, “hey listen, I know the game is rigged, you are using algorithms to ensure I don’t find my match soon.” They hung up on me and cancelled my membership.

Original review: June 20, 2022

Auto renews at OVER $500. Uses junk science to provide you "incredible, deep matches" with people who do not speak English 3000 miles away. So accurate it will match you with your entire elementary school class if you live in a medium sized town. Did I mention that it AUTO RENEWS AT OVER $500? The old Man sold out. Save yourself some money and join ANY of the free sites. Heck, join a dating site for the opposite of whatever you are into and you will absolutely have far better luck.

Original review: June 18, 2022

This was a waste of my goddamn time. It took me ages to set it up, as they advertise a 'free' dating site, only to get to the end of the process, for them to say "you now can't send a message or view a picture without paying!" False advertisement isn't going to get you more customers. By advertising the price at the end just pisses people off!!

Original review: June 18, 2022

I purchased the eHarmony app to start online dating hopefully with less scammers. If you don’t pay you don’t have access to photos of matches. What did I get, NOTHING, not a single date or even answers to my likes or comments. I also received more than half of my matches with no photos available. I didn’t go on a single date. I still had to pay. There is no customer service or contact info only a P.O.Box address. I can’t believe this site is still running and not breaking any laws. I consider this theft. I paid for a service but received nothing in return.

Original review: June 17, 2022

STAY AWAY!!!! This is one of the worst companies I have ever had to deal with! Always read the reviews before you sign up for anything, this company is all about the money and are not willing to work with anyone who decides it's not what they want. They reel you in with "free trials" or "half price off for the 1st month" and then BAM they think they have you stuck in a useless subscription. This was not my first time dealing with this dating site, however since the new management things have changed. It seems to be all about the money, not about truly trying to help people find love or companionship.

Stupidly I made a rash decision and signed up the other day and within 1 HOUR I emailed them telling them I would be cancelling, it took 24 hours for them to respond with the "you're stuck" **, I will admit I was quite angry and nasty in all correspondence after this. Really? After 1 hour you won't budge? What a disgrace this company is, not to mention the matches aren't even in my province! Their customer service representatives are ignorant and have no idea how to treat customers! I was even willing to let them keep the first month charge! This site is not worth your time, or money!

Original review: June 17, 2022

This is the worst company for dating. Please show reviews to let people know. They are just want to get to your bank account and there's no way you could cancel on them. I thought this company it was same as 18 years ago, but now the company owns by different nationality and they just want to getting to your bank account.

Original review: June 16, 2022

I logged into eHarmony for one day. Literally one day. A Sunday. On Monday I requested to cancel my membership and asked for a refund of $314. I was told Florida is not a state that has the 3 day cancellation ability. I then contacted customer service and said "charge me for the one day I used your service." Again I was told the 6 month membership was non-refundable. Not one man I saw on the site was anything of my taste. Much too far in distance and not pleasing to look at in any form or fashion.

After a couple of hours I knew immediately this was not going to be a site I would find a match on. It's just proof that if you use their service for one day, you are forced to buy a long term subscription. Further proof that's how they stay in business. Robbing people. If their site for dating was so great and they had so many happy members they wouldn't need to steal money from anyone. I would have felt much better giving my $314 to a charity other than being scammed by eharmony. Harmony is making members happy. What they do is rip people off.

Original review: June 14, 2022

I am a young and energetic 58 year old woman, who is in great shape and looks much younger than my age. Being recently divorced and ready to start dating again, I decided to give eHarmony a try because it caters to older and more serious people, it claims to match people on the basis of compatibility, and it seems to have a system that discourages fake profiles. Soon after opening my account, I was immediately matched with many people and one of the ones I liked contacted me. He was a 56 year old man who said he was looking for a long-term relationship and had expectations of commitment, that he was recently divorced too, and that we seemed very compatible (although our compatibility score was 96). He and I hit it off and began communicating by text and phone calls, we met in person several times, and were together for three months. It was a long-distance relationship and these things rarely (if ever) work out.

But the problem is that, ever since I made my eHarmony profile visible again to test my luck, the number of matches has been minimal. Although one match that had a high compatibility score of 117, we messaged each other twice and then I didn't hear back from him. So, this is a very expensive service but they have absolutely no support for their customers. The only thing I can say about eHarmony is that it doesn't feel like a 'meat market' the way some other dating sites do. Personally, I'm going to avoid online dating sites and apps because, in the end, all of these sites encourage people to treat each other like commodities. eHarmony seems different in this regard but at the cost of charging lots of money for very little return.

Original review: June 13, 2022

This organization is worthless. They send an average of 1 match per week, and every match they tell me is "perfect" is at least 10 years older than what I've specified. There is no easily accessible customer service contact information where you can share your experience and try to find out why they ignore your specifications. Way too expensive, way too ineffective, and unreachable. How do they stay in business??

Original review: June 10, 2022

I would consider this site the worst dating site ever. I thought I was applying for a free trial, but after entering my credit card info - I was immediately charged $103.00 and told that I had to pay four more payments and that I had subscribed for a year. They would not let me cancel this or change this. I wrote to the Better Business Bureau and they were unable to help me resolve this. A new law filed by Governor Gavin Newsom has been filed to make canceling subscriptions without a hassle easier. Assembly bill 390 - which I will be using against them if there is any legal dispute. I had to advise my bank not to pay them anything else. I sent a letter to the CEO, and the Administrator of their Billing Dept. - no response - Do not waste your money on this site!!!!

Original review: June 5, 2022

I ended up paying $250 for a year's subscription. I am 70 years old, attractive and slender. They have no inventory of men my age. You cannot even do a search. In the entire year, I was presented with nine profiles and they were pretty pathetic. Maybe this is a good dating site if you are younger. If you are a senior, do not waste your time or money. Match and Zoosk are so much cheaper and they have plenty of inventory.

Original review: June 3, 2022

Please note that in their contract they specified that you have 3 days grace period but that’s not for everyone!! That’s how they got me. It’s only offered to some states. So make sure you look at the small print to make sure your state is included. If you don’t have the 3 grace period to check it out, Don’t sign in!! The pool is extremely!!!! Small and you have little or no choices to meet new people in your area. My suggestion, save you money! and go somewhere else …

Original review: June 2, 2022

Relatively few matches for such an expensive service so I ended up not using it much after the first month or two. Come to find out a year later they had auto-renewed the service for $150 and refused to provide any sort or refund or compromise, even after I complained to the BBB. They had what I considered poor customer service in resolving the dispute, with a dismissive, entitled attitude. If you do end up signing up for the service, it's a good idea to immediately disable the auto renewal option or you will end up with an expensive mistake!

Original review: May 27, 2022

Lost my wife a while ago and thought I was ready to start dating, so I signed up. In the process of filling out questions and responding to a couple of those interested I realized I wasn't ready and don't know if I ever well be. I contacted Customer Support as I had only created the account a day or two ago, requesting a refund. They were totally without compassion and refused any refund in fact told me I was still responsible for additional payments! I used PayPal thank goodness and have instructed them not to make future payments, unfortunately I'm out the initial payment. I would NOT recommend using this site as they have NO heart! Tip for consumers: Be very careful, I'd suggest if you want to go ahead and try them, which I discourage, to opt for the shortest term possible until you're sure you want to continue.

Original review: May 25, 2022

Paid for the subscription, been on for 3 months only to find out that there’s only been 4 matches within 60 miles and, so far, less than 50 within 150 miles. Also a number of fake profiles. Tried starting conversations with over 20, only 4 ever responded, but usually only once. My “new” matches over 3 months have often been the same person more than once or someone that’s not been active for over a month. Their claims are very misleading, I regret subscribing, worst dating site I’ve tried.

Original review: May 19, 2022

We had a very poor experience with eHarmony. We joined in the fall with a promotional sale for 6 months for $100. We were not going to continue on with this dating service. Unbeknownst to us they signed us up for an auto subscription, and by the spring they charged us $350 for the next year. We did not give permission for this, and they did not notify us that this was going to happen. When we tried to call customer service it was very difficult to find a number to call.

When we finally got through to a customer service representative he basically said there was nothing he could do for us. He said they would not provide a refund and he would not refer us to talk to anyone else. This is a very shady business. The representative said that he would pass our case along to a "specialist", and that robot "specialist" promptly sent us a form email saying there were no refunds. No exceptions. I would think twice before getting involved with this unethical company. Very bad experience.

eHarmony Company Information