eHarmony

eHarmony Reviews

About eHarmony

Los Angeles-based eharmony launched in the United States in 2000 with its patented Compatibility Matching System® which allows eharmony members to be matched with compatible persons with whom they are likely to enjoy a long-term relationship.

eHarmony Reviews

Stars Rating

• 2%
  • 2%
  • 1%
  • 1%
  • 94%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about eharmony?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about eharmony?

Reviewed May 17, 2023

You'll be very lucky to see one or two people using this dating website. I spent over $400 (they take your whole payment first) and didn't see one person that I would actually want to meet. Waste of money.

Reviewed May 16, 2023

The whole year as a member, I only received a handful of likes. As soon as my membership ended, I have gotten a lot of likes. But I can't reply if I don't sign back up. They must have been blocking some of my likes until my membership ended

Reviewed May 2, 2023

I have now seen this review multiple times and am utterly shocked. I have canceled my eHarmony account twice and received a collection bill for owing $85. First, I didn't even realize I was being charged until months later. I canceled right away as I barely used the site. I accidentally linked my Paypal account and don't use it often, which is why I didn't know about the charge until months later. I was charged again after I canceled it and thought maybe I didn't cancel, so logged back in, had to request password multiple times and canceled again. Now months later, I'm getting this stupid notice about collections!!! This better not ruin my credit because of idiots not doing their job.

I tried using the site for about a month and it was horrible! Do not use it ever, not worth it. I hate to say it but Bumble and Tinder are in the lead for a reason. They have set it up now where you can find long-term relationships and I am finding it WAY easier and WAY cheaper to use than stupid eHarmony. I sent a dispute and if it doesn't get fixed, I will be going after them.

Verified purchase

Reviewed May 1, 2023

I paid them over $400. I could not communicate with people like 90% of the time. All my words were changing. It was all jumbled. Weird punctuation. All different kinds of things so after navigating their site with great difficulty I found a way and actually spoke with someone. He said someone would call me back in 24 to 48 hours. It is now Weeks Later and I still don't have a call. I can't figure out how to get in touch with them again. I cannot use their platform. It just doesn't work. No one is calling me back. No one is fixing it. No one is done anything. LOL. There's probably not a human there anyway.

Staff

Reviewed April 28, 2023

Do you give them any money. They use fake profiles and misleading ad to make you believe you'll find a compatible another halves. Those are fake as I found the real people on other social media sites and they do not know they're on eHarmony. It's dating fraud. They also extort money from you, after you confront them. I am taking them to bbb and consumer bureau if they didn't stop.

Staff

Reviewed April 27, 2023

I bought a subscription to e-Harmony based on all their hype about what great matching they do and how many have found partners using their matching. Well, I am an attractive woman who has used Match.com with much satisfaction finding many dates and possibilities. I thought.

Online & App

Reviewed April 20, 2023

This website is a absolute Bunch of Thieves! I have cancelled my account NUMEROUS times and they continue to STEAL MY HARD-EARNED MONEY! DO NOT USE THIS WEBSITE! I will continue to spread the message that eHarmony is an unscrupulous and dangerous website! I am contacting an attorney IMMEDIATELY! AND YOU SHOULD TOO!

Online & App

Reviewed April 16, 2023

I wish that I could tell you some interesting way in which eHarmony was the worst dating app for me. Some wild story or massive mistake in UI or vetting. But no - the problem with the app is simply that it's extremely empty. I have heard people say they met their SO on this app, and I don't deny that that theoretically is possible. But people also meet their SO's at the grocery store, at a bar, out walking around. At least with those options you get groceries, beer, or fresh air!

This app does have an outdated feeling architecture, and in a search area which encompassed a bit over 1.2 million people I had about 30 people who met my filters (a 10 year age range, so it wasn't like I was looking for captain Specific!) none of whom were a good match for me (which isn't surprising - imagine 30 random people of your preferred gender identity and it's not too surprising to think you'd not necessarily find a partner among them!).

Now I have had success on other, better, dating apps. Hinge and OkCupid have both led to great long term relationships, and plenty of dates. I wanted to try this one out since I hadn't before, and I guess I learned a valuable lesson about looking more closely at reviews. :) I wish you reading this good luck on your dating journey, and encourage you strongly to look to basically any other app! Have a great day!

Reviewed April 15, 2023

This site likes to lure you in thinking you can try the site before you make the commitment but that is not the case. This site overcharges and doesn’t give many matches. You get the same matches over and over. Don’t waste your time.

Verified purchase

Reviewed April 13, 2023

Wanted to end service within a week. Informed I could not end service. Received final threat "As a result, the entire 137.70 USD balance on your Premium membership is now due in full." Paypal stopped payment on my behalf. I could not get initial payment back.

Sales & Marketing

Reviewed April 11, 2023

Horrible experience. Horrible matches. It’s a scam and a sham. I signed up with a "introductory" rate for 3 months with the pretense I could CANCEL at anytime. I reached out to them on multiple occasions and they disregarded my requests and sent me to collections. They are unethical as well as a terrible dating app with ** selection. Stay away!!!!

Reviewed April 10, 2023

I joined EHarmony (not cheap 4 payment of 89.95) to meet someone to have serious relationship that may lead to marriage. I have not even talked to one person! Let alone one date. Completely disappointed with customer service. Could not get a hold of anyone so had to send email. They responded with form letter with no resolution but to change preferences. I don’t have anything unreasonable. What a complete waste of time and money down the drain. Again not even one contact and I’m attractive. All contacts far away or scary looking. Again…. Buyers beware do not waste money.

Tess

Customer ServiceSales & MarketingPrice

Reviewed April 6, 2023

SCAM. You will never find a match. All bots. Absolute scam. Bad business practices. Have charged my card without my permission. Do not respond to emails. Have charged over £200 and only bots appear and fake girls message you.

Contract & Terms

Reviewed April 3, 2023

Please do NOT SIGN up for this. It is a sham! I was scammed and signed a two year contract under pretenses that I could cancel. I reached out to them on multiple occasions to let them know I was not pleased with the matches! They disregarded my requests and sent me to collections. They are a scammer! Why would I continue paying for a service that was doomed from the start. It has impacted me mentally to deal with this low life company. Please don't waste your time!

Reviewed April 3, 2023

I signed up for 6 months and don’t enjoy the experience - it was overpriced even at the $33 a month rate I was paying (“on sale”). I turned off autorenew, and then get billed $167 a month since it “didn’t go through.” Not only did the company refuse to reimburse me, despite not having used the website for months, but told me I was responsible for one year worth of payments since that was the “new contract” I never agreed to. Please don’t use. Not only is it no better than any other dating app, it is absurdly expensive and you can’t trust them to not renew your subscription and you will lose a lot of money that would be much better spent on actual dates.

Reviewed April 3, 2023

I signed up for eHarmony and was immediately charged per the plan I agreed to. Within a couple of weeks as a member, I no longer required/wanted the service as I had meet someone outside of eHarmony. I contacted eHarmony and explained my situation and I request to have my account closed, and not be charged for the balance of my subscription as I would no longer be using their services. I did not request a refund on the unused time in on current subscription payment. This seemed fair and reasonable to me. They congratulated me on finding someone, and said, "Too bad, so sad, basically, but you still must pay for your full subscription, no exceptions," and they could no longer help me with my request. Seems they will agree to certain requests, that will benefit them, but not the end user.

My response to that was, I would use social media platforms to share my experience with any potential customers, in hopes that they be warned if a situation and to take caution if considering eHarmony. That in mind, please share this review, if you are so incline, to help spread the work that eHarmony, is more about money than helping you find connections, from my prospective. TO me, I am being penalized for wanting to cancel my subscription, because I found someone outside eHarmony. As an example, if you sign up for a 6-month subscription, and you find someone within three months, eHarmony, will still try to collect the three months that you don’t use the service for. This could be the reason that they are not the top dating platform. People are catching on and reading reviews. BUYER BEWARE.

Reviewed April 2, 2023

I wish I could have read some of the reviews on this site, then I would have never signed up with them. I started my membership in November 2022. After 2 weeks I realized that this website was not for me and sent an email requesting that they cancelled my membership. They charged me for another month (unfortunately I was outside of the U.S. at the time that they charged), but as soon as I came back (a few months later), I tried to make the last payment even though I have not used the account in December. When I tried to make a payment, they showed me that I owed $700, which was the balance for 2 years of membership with them. I was shocked.

Then I tried to write them multiple emails and only got one response: go to the website and pay the $31 dollars final charge. However, I cannot do that because the billing page won't let me edit the payment from $700 to $31 which is the final charge that they were billing me in December. No one fixes that on the eHarmony webpage, and now I just got an email from a collections company charging me $700 dollars. I feel robbed and disrespected not to mention that now my credit will be harmed by them. Have anyone tried to file a lawsuit against eHarmony yet? If not, please let me know! I want to gather as many people as possible, that are feeling harmed by that company, to file a lawsuit against them. Thank you!

Reviewed March 29, 2023

I signed up for a free trial knowing I would probably cancel. After realizing how bad their site is and how few matches were in my area of Portland, OR I tried to cancel immediately. There was no way to do so, even by calling. They charged me 350.00 and sent me to collections. I have near perfect credit. They have misled me and stolen from me and could give a flying **. Do not give them your information.

Reviewed March 29, 2023

I can't see any men, at first I could log in now I can't. I've paid all this money. I have sent in request after request that my profile page isn't working. Nothing is being done. Only been on there for 5 days nothing's working, I've set up profile, and now I can't log in or see any men.

Reviewed March 29, 2023

This site literally steal your money. It makes you spend hours making your profile for nothing. You will have tons of non picture profiles, so who knows who is it and just a few profiles with pictures that they won’t answer you. Please read the bad reviews all of them are true and save your money.

Reviewed March 28, 2023

In the fine print, customers are automatically renewed for their subscription unless notified. At end of initial subscription, customers are given no warning by mail, email or text. Then if customer does not want to pay for second year subscription, they get turned over to collections. very unsavory business practices.

Customer ServiceContract & TermsSales & MarketingPrice

Reviewed March 27, 2023

I decided with the new year that I would try dating sites. eHarmony sparked my interest because it supposedly matches you based off of how you respond to their questionnaire. This site is pricey compared to others and I received minimal communication. On the chance someone reached out they were far away...seriously one guy was Ireland! Or even the 3hrs away. Ridiculous since I set my bounds at 50 miles. They don't uphold their end of this deal. Now I'm stuck in a contract that is a huge regret and waste of my money. I've tried changing profile pictures and expand on my info, but it's a scam...don't do it.

Reviewed March 27, 2023

eHarmony is absolutely impossible to cancel, even after your credit card expires. They have no customer service email or on their website. I was billed $179.70 even after I canceled my account online via a letter from a collection agency.

Customer ServicePrice

Reviewed March 26, 2023

Never had I such an experience with any other dating websites. To begin with, they don’t give you much options to try the platform - you have to subscribe to understand what the web is like. Secondly, the subscription price is sky high for no reason. The least you would pay is around 300-500$ with not even knowing what it is for. Likely I was blocked. Looks like someone has reported me which is probably just my luck because I have realized very quickly that this platform is not for me. But what I really want to say that when I was blocked no one has informed me about it. Only after my matches asked me what happened, I decided to take an action. I contacted customer service and they responded me in 2,5 day that it was their decision and they will not tell me a reason for it. They refunded money, but I assume that if I did not contact them they probably would not have done it. Likely, I did not waste my money and time. There are much more pleasant dating platforms out there such as bumble, etc.

Reviewed March 26, 2023

There is no comparison between this site and Match. I am a widow that married my high school sweetheart. I had never dated. 5 fake profiles all proclaimed to be widowers preyed on my inexperience. I went with a paid site for a level of security. What a joke! No level of understanding when trying to cancel, no empathy. The worst!!!

Customer ServiceContract & TermsStaff

Reviewed March 23, 2023

Eharmony Removed my profile on the backend while I was signing in and getting on the website. Other profiles would see me as removed. I paid the enormous 6 month membership. I did not break any terms or have any misconduct. I did not get informed or anything. A member I exchanged numbers with earlier had informed me they see me as removed. I would have never known. I reach out for an explanation... no response after I paid Hundreds of dollars. What a sham this service is!

Reviewed March 22, 2023

Don't try this site. Paid for 6 month. Went through matches 1st and in a month since nobody within 150 miles have distance set at 60 miles yet get likes from 4 states away and when respond they either disappear or don't respond. Totally a fake fraud site to take your money for nothing. Save your money.

Reviewed March 22, 2023

Don't waste your money. The personality profile. Was not accurate for me. I am 68 and asks, "Are you adventurous." Para phrasing. Well at this age going out after 10 pm is an adventure. Not looking for cliff jumping. So, I think they should make the quiz age appropriate. Customer service is impossible to contact. I used for less than a month. Paid for the month. Deleted my own profile and tried to contact customer service to cancel the subscription. Geez, you would think it was a government agency the way they avoid contact. And when you finally find an email with concerns and problems, you receive a general pre-programmed response. PLEASE Don't WASTE YOUR TIME AND Money.

Reviewed March 22, 2023

3 days before my 6 month membership in eHarmony was to expire, I wrote Goodbyes to people I had messaged and on my profile. I did not review the site or mention other sites when writing these messages. eHarmony then revoked my logon and failed to inform me that they were doing so. I have yet to hear from them about either a correction or resolution.

Customer ServiceContract & Terms

Reviewed March 20, 2023

I had used eHarmony back in 05-06 and had been pleased with the site then. I decided to try it again Friday night since other sites had so many fake and scammer accounts. I signed up, spent a couple of hours doing the profile and started the process. I was very unimpressed by the website now. The screening process was nothing more than checking boxes and the layout of singles was identical to Match or even POF. I decided to sleep on it before I decided. The next morning, I saw no traffic on my profile, searched for matches by last visit and noticed little change from night before indicating low traffic flow. I decided to cancel.

I sent an email and wished to cancel per the 3 day cancellation policy. I received a terse email that said that Texas was not one of the states per their contract and they would put my account on hold for 6 months, but I still owed the money and would be billed as scheduled. I replied and asked them that if they are the premier online dating site, why do they have to hold me hostage under small print buried in the contract. Well I got an email that basically said, "You clicked you agreed, thank you, ** you, get over it", but they added 3 free months to my subscription.

I am a small business consultant and talk regularly about "being right vs. doing right". They are legally correct, but morally and ethically wrong. My request was within 14 hours of signing up. An ethical company would have either refunded the money or at least negotiated a lower price or other compromise. I guess I will be an eHarmony customer for 15 months, but I will be using it as a lesson and telling everyone how they do business. DO not sign up with them! Use Match, Silver Singles, POF or even a sign on the side of the road looking for people. This is a horrible company in regards to customer service.

Reviewed March 15, 2023

Their pricing was misleading, tried to cancel my subscription within two minutes of signing up, after complaining about how horrible they are they shut my account down with a year left and not refunding my money. Horrible site.

Customer ServiceOnline & AppStaff

Reviewed March 14, 2023

Got the app a few months ago and followed all the rules. Filled out the profile completely. Within a day or so, several of my photos were rejected. Mainly because they had people in the background and according to eHarmony, it was hard to identify me even though their faces were not visible. I saw pictures of some of my matches and they had posted group shots that were approved. They say they have an editing tool for photos, but I can't figure it out. The messaging feature doesn't allow you to share pictures and if you back out of the app while typing, it erases your text and you have to start over. You can set your preferences for age and location, but people outside of your preferences can still message you. Worst of all, matches will often send you a like or smile and then when you text back they don't respond. Some investments pay off. This site isn't one of them. Don't waste your money.

Reviewed March 14, 2023

I have read the other reviews here regarding eHarmony, and I have had the same bad experience that everyone else had. I was told on the phone that I would not be charged the last payment, and yet, a month later that is exactly what they did. It is very difficult to cancel the service and basically, their customer service department just lies to you. You will probably have to cancel your credit card to stop the from repeatedly charging you. Stay away from eHarmony.

Reviewed March 12, 2023

Unlike other sites, a real "Free" preview is a real preview and not access to a bunch of "BLURRED" photos!! I asked for "Slim or Athletic" and got "Fat and Horrible" matches!! Hell, Facebook (which is free) gave me much better matches to exactly what I was looking for!! Dr. Neal should be ashamed of himself!!! Eharmony SUCKS!!

Reviewed March 11, 2023

I tried the one day free trial and blow me they have charged me $740 cad for a 2-year subscription that I have not even selected. I emailed them about the issue and was told sorry they could not refund. No phone number to call and the email support will not reply to you, if they do you have to wait at least for days but that is only to tell you, no, they are not giving your money back. Whoever is behind this business of stealing money from people should be put to jail ASAP and this company should be shut down ASAP. I wish there is a negative rating here so I can give them a -100 or lower.

Contract & Terms

Reviewed March 10, 2023

I joined eHarmony to find someone serious about a relationship. What actually happened was a sent literally HUNDREDS of smiles, intro messages and had ONE DATE in six months. To be clear I am a single never married woman, no kids, no debt, six figure income and a Master's degree. There is zero reason I should not have been more successful. Many users are allowed to make profiles and have no pictures but are Matched with you anyway. Some very vulgar introductions and profiles I reported but found they were NEVER taken away. It was humiliating. And I am stuck paying for another six months before my year contract ends. To be clear I marked for a 6 month subscription not a year. There is no way to avoid a year contract it appears to be automatically default to this option no matter what. Any other site gives you the same or better chances at a cheaper price. Don't be fooled. They don't make money if you find your soulmate.

Reviewed March 3, 2023

Not one woman responded to my dozens of emails, it's not worth a penny or a second of my time. These women want bad men, PERIOD!! Not one woman on eHarmony wants a good man, NOT ONE!! It's obvious eHarmony is absolute fraud, absolute ripoff, absolute treachery.

Reviewed March 3, 2023

Created an account at 9:00 AM. Answered 20 minute Personality Questions. Filled out profile. Received "Congrats" email. Received emails saying my profile have been visited. Tried to add app to my phone. No verification text sent. Tried 5 times. Reported using their online help. Tried to login at lunch and my password was invalid. Tried to reset (several times) no email ever set. Login didn't work next day. Tried to create account using the same email and it was created. Tried to contact using their "CHAT with eharmony" page, waited 2 hours, page never changed after saying "Please wait while we confirm if there are any available agents..." Found a supposed phone number for eHarmony Customer Support, the number is out of service. I have the emails and screenshots to prove my claims. Gave 1-star because negatives are not available.

Reviewed March 1, 2023

Think eHarmony cares about you as a person? Nope. Think they want to help you? Nope. Your account is set to auto-renew. Not only that, but because you signed up at a discount it will renew at full price which is likely double what you're expecting. Did you not get a renewal notification? Yeah, that's standard. They only send notifications to customers living in states that require them. Want to get out after the renewal? You CAN, but you're liable for the full renewal cost no matter what. Good luck getting out of that because it seems to be the only thing Customer Support really cares about. Your renewal money. Run away.