Find an Online Dating Sites partner

eHarmony Reviews

3.5/5 (1598 ratings)
Find an Online Dating Sites partner
Banner image

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

About eHarmony Reviews

Los Angeles-based eharmony launched in the United States in 2000 with its patented Compatibility Matching System® which allows eharmony members to be matched with compatible persons with whom they are likely to enjoy a long-term relationship.

Banner image

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

eHarmony Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about eHarmony?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about eharmony?

Original review: Feb. 16, 2021

I used the site for a day and asked for my money back. They refunded my money within 24 hours. I disagree with the reviewers here who claim that eHarmony refuses to refund the money within the cancel period.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2021

So far I've found this site to be a complete waste of money. I signed up and within the same day I tried cancelling after seeing that in my entire metro area I had 15 matches. I was told very quickly that I didn't qualify to cancel as I didn't live in one of a very small number of states who qualify. I've now been on the app a few months (since I couldn't cancel) and in that time I've only received a couple of new matches. I've used several other dating apps (Hinge, Bumble, Match, Tinder) and I've found all to be significantly better platforms.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2021

You would have better luck finding the love of your life on America’s Most Wanted than using this app. Waste of money. No rhyme or reason as to who is deemed a “match” and the higher the match the more repulsive.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2021

I joined on the 8-21-21, for female ages between 52-65, they had indicated there were hundreds, there wasn't maybe 20. I did make contact with a few women, with just a nice "hi how are you". Mostly no responses. I'm thinking they have people on there who are not members on there to help fill in what they do have as fillers. And then there less and less women as days went by, some that were blocked by eHarmony for illegal access. This was for 2 weeks, I sign up for 3 months, nearly $300. I asked for a refund and they said their policy was not to give back refunds.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2021

Horrible site! Hardly any matches and when I neglected to cancel my 6 month subscription, I got charged for another year. I can see being charged for the month that passed or the same period as originally chosen. Do not waste your money on this site!

Original review: Sept. 2, 2021

I have tried several dating apps and eHarmony by far is the worst experience and most costly mistake I’ve ever made in my life. After a very lengthy series of questions they used to find a comparable partner they totally got it wrong. 99% Obese desperate older women I have nothing in common with. Customer service was rude and not understanding at all. They refused to refund any of my future payments. This company should be shut down. DO NOT PURCHASE!!!

Original review: Aug. 31, 2021

This dating website is marketed as "the best" and it is promoted in some articles as a "Christian Dating Website". I disagree on both counts. Now that I have been with eHarmony for almost two months I can say quite honestly that not too many men in southern Ontario use their services. And the men who self-identify as Christian are mostly not too committed to the Christian faith. It's more like a skin colour for some. But it gets worse. You MUST pay for a minimum of one year as a member, either in four consecutive months or in larger amounts, more quickly. By the time the first four months have ended you have paid for a year of service in USD, and eHarmony doesn't care if you are an unsatisfied customer.

Also by that time you will have done very well to find a handful of semi-suitable matches in your region. My attractive profile has produced three flesh and blood dates in almost two months, and a small number of conversations that went nowhere. Most of the men with high compatibility scores (according to eHarmony) would not be a good match to me in quite a number of ways. And half of the men they insist that I consider are Americans! Although eHarmony provides memberships for many people in other countries in their own currency, Canada is just smushed into the USA, as though we are identical countries. Ha! I am not ready to date Americans. Neither do too many Americans seem ready to date Canadians right now. The pandemic has only accentuated our differences.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2021

If you live within one of the FEW states where this scam site will refund you- consider yourself #blessed. Read the fine print- lesson learned! Matches are laughable, actually creepy men, customer service is atrocious, tried to get a refund within ONE hour of signing up, was denied because I live in a “nonrefundable” state per their bogus agreement. I’m stuck paying for a year's worth of the worst dating site I’ve ever seen. Buyer beware. I wish I had read these reviews before I clicked the button to hell otherwise known as eHarmony. I would have been better off donating my $450 for the year to someone who could use it instead of this SCAM. Stay away!

Original review: Aug. 26, 2021

If you are in your 30s, take care of yourself physically, eat healthy and are successful career wise I would say do not, I repeat do not pay for this **. They totally cage the app so that you have to pay about $300 no matter what. My mom swears by eHarmony but she used it in Los Angeles which I’m sure has a better database. I live in Boise Idaho and I will tell you that there is no potential matches anywhere in this area and even in the surrounding areas. It’s pretty depressing and I am so upset that I have to pay because of the contract. If I was able to actually see pictures for the free version I would have never paid. Although the free apps (hinge and bumble) are exhausting as well, they actually give you some quality people and better conversations that I had at all on eHarmony. Don’t make the same mistake I did. DO NOT SIGN UP FOR EHARMONY!!!

Original review: Aug. 26, 2021

Very disappointed. I would not recommend this page to anyone. I could not find a single interesting person. All the people who came out connected to me were much older. They did not comply with the filters that I had put in and when I asked them to cancel my membership for they told me that they could not. I am only two days. My policy terms establish that I can cancel and receive a refund if I communicate within 3 days. However, they refused to help me. They do not want to return money and they force me to stay 6 months tied to this crap.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2021

This is the worst of the worst. Run away!!! I spent time answering a bunch of non-sense questions then they sent me about 10 matches. Just so you know, this is not for one day, this is for the entire time I will be on the site unless new people sign up and happen to be my match. The next day I emailed and called them requesting a refund, they refused. Every month since they have been digging into my credit card, even when I deleted the account and never logged in. If you like old unshaved and obese go there, and you don't even have a lot of options for that. You don't wanna waste your time on top of wasting your money.

eHarmony Company Information