eHarmony

eHarmony Reviews

3.7/5 (2864 ratings)
Find an Online Dating Sites partner
Banner image

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

About eHarmony Reviews

Los Angeles-based eharmony launched in the United States in 2000 with its patented Compatibility Matching System® which allows eharmony members to be matched with compatible persons with whom they are likely to enjoy a long-term relationship.

Banner image

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

eHarmony Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about eHarmony?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about eharmony?

Original review: Nov. 4, 2022

Aside from charging me the atrocious price of a *discounted* membership, eHarmony is sending me the worst "matches" possible. I'm a writer, and it seems like almost all of my matches are uneducated, don't use full sentences or punctuation, and only want to meet in person without having demonstrated any communication skills whatsoever. Why would eHarmony consider them good matches for me?

Early on, I met someone who seemed like a decent match. He had a college degree, lived fairly close to me, and was decent-looking. His grammar was ok - better than others I've seen at least. We started chatting and he seemed nice, but he refused to talk to me on the phone first before meeting in person. I looked up his social media account and found him to be almost a decade older than what he was pretending on his profile. I also saw absolutely no evidence of the job he claimed to have, and when I asked about it, he changed the subject.

I consider myself open-minded and willing to give people a chance even though I do have my preferences. The problem is, these matches are so far out of my level of compatibility that it would be more than just "settling" if I considered them. All I want is an imperfect but decent man who can communicate and isn't intensely lazy and after one thing. The few decent-seeming guys never seem to respond to me. I guess since there are so few, they can have anyone they want. I put care into my profile and photos, so why can't I get the same in return?

Original review: Nov. 2, 2022

I’m not going to tell you eHarmony is horrible, but these have been my issues:

1. There’s a poor response rate. I’ve messaged 52 women. Only 11 saw my messages, and only 2 responded at all. That means 80% of all my messages went unseen and only 3% responded.
2. I’ve emailed them several times, and almost every time they didn’t answer my questions fully and sent generic answers that appeared copy pasted.
3. Email advertising. I’ve turned it off on both the website and app, as well as emailing them, yet I continue to get the advertising.
4. Technical issues. I got an email that said I hadn’t logged in for over a month, when I had logged in the day before, and several other times over the month.

5. Refusal to cancel contract. After my experience with the service, I decided I wanted to cancel, and they’ve refused. Take what you want from this review, but this has been my experience.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2022

Be EXTREMELY careful to UNCHECK the auto renewal feature when you sign up. I hadn't used the site in 11 months when I see the annual charge hit. Held me to the letter of the law - which doesn't lend to happy customer, which, looking at their recent reviews, seems to be the norm... Boy did I **-Up!!!

Original review: Nov. 1, 2022

100% agree with all the other reviews about how eHarmony is a scam. Right after subscribing my credit card was compromised. I tried to cancel right away but and went through the process of explaining my reasons via email. They continued to charge me over 150/month. There was nobody you could talk to in person. Zero customer service despite their very high prices. DO NOT BE SCAMMED!!!

Original review: Oct. 31, 2022

Do not spend a dime. It is not free and the dates they send you to contact?... Or matches ... Have nothing remotely in common with your profile. Complete false advertising. Tried to get money back immediately - none returned.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2022

It's surprising that this company still exists after all of the lawsuits they have lost for dishonest practices. They lure you into their app and make you pay for a premium subscription to use any real features. Once you sign up, they automatically enroll you into an autorenewal feature that is extremely difficult to find and get out of. When you suddenly get a $700+ fee applied, they flat out refuse to assist or work with you no matter what the circumstances. There are even stories about them sending people to collections. Really, stay as far away from this scam as possible.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2022

I had paid for eHarmony. After I had no luck I decided to cancel my subscription. After I did about 2 years later I get a credit agency saying I owe over 300 bucks. If I don't pay for any service I cannot use it. The same is with Eharmony but even if you don't use it and can't use it they will charge you anyway. I refuse to pay for something I did not use. Total rip off. DO NOT USE THIS DATING SITE. YOU WILL REGRET IT. Also if the debt collector puts it on my credit report I will get an attorney and I will make sure it goes nationwide what they are doing. Just try me and see.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2022

VERY IMPORTANT: If you still decide to try eHarmony after reading all these negative reviews and it is really as bad as described, immediately go to your "Profile" then "MyProfile" and then"My membership" and turn off autorenewal. Luckily I did this. If you don't, you will be charged again and again for your subscription. This is one of the worse dating apps bar none. eHarmony's algorithm seems to disregard all the information and data that you inputted after answering pages of questions giving you matches that don't even come close to your preferences.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2022

Over the years, I have tried several online dating services. Eharmony is hand-down the worst. The user interface is terrible and the matches are not good. Impossible to cancel unless you live in one of 8 states. Bumble is better!

Original review: Oct. 27, 2022

The users on eHarmony are similar or even lower level than those on other no cost dating sites. Save your money, sign up with Bumble, Tinder or POF that don't bill you. Predators are on all of these sites, keep that in mind. Seems to be the constant.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2022

I asked for my membership to be cancelled the very next day. I explained that I was a widower, had good days and bad and unfortunately realised it was still all too soon to begin dating. They sent me a 'sorry for your loss' reply and then added, 'we will cancel your membership, but still make monthly deductions from your credit card until the yearly subscription is paid.' Lack of ethics and compassion aside, I still don't understand how I signed up for a year. Check the site carefully before you click on to anything. The next thing you know you will be making payments for a site you don't even access.

I also insisted they take down my profile as I found it distressing to have it up there and they were able to do this, or at least I think they did, because they’ve cancelled my login details and membership (even though I’m still paying). I’m unable to check. I want to add that it took three days for a response which I also found very extremely upsetting. Also for those who have been scammed for a year, make sure they don't auto renew your membership.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2022

I thought I had done my research but evidently not. I think I’m a pretty nice looking lady and the matches that they sent me up with were horrible! Maybe 2 out of 200 I would remotely think about going out with. Most of them were 15 years older than me with no job and obviously not my type. I would not recommend this dating site for anyone! I tried to get my money back and there was no way they were going to refund my money. They said they turned off the automatic renewal but we’ll see. My advice, don’t do it!

Original review: Oct. 23, 2022

eHarmony, a dating site is a scam. They are only abt money and zero service. I tried to cancel right from the get go but yet they have changed my account for over $300. The customer service does exist! Don’t subscribe to this site, there is no free trial! They are scammers all the way!

Original review: Oct. 20, 2022

I signed up for eHarmony after reading good reviews but became disappointed at the matches and the questionable validity of the "personality inventory" that is supposed to be the centerpiece of the whole business. Wishing to terminate my subscription I found that there is no recourse if one is not satisfied with the service. There is no refund, a very deceptive, dishonest business. There is no customer service just emailing and long wait for response.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2022

For as long as 3 years, Eharmony took money from my credit card without granting me access to their website, due to a change in my use of email boxes. I tried calling and emailing eHarmony many times, but simply got no reply. And when I finally reached a customer service rep, they gave a short answer of "no refund". I hope I'm the only victim. If not, please feel free to email me at **, and let's start a class litigation.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2022

2 yrs ago I signed up for their service. Never saw anything about auto renewal. I paid for the full year up front. Never paid anything more, until last month all of a sudden I have a withdrawal taken from my account. I contacted the company and was told I was on yearly auto renewal. I told them no, I want this canceled! I was told in Sept of 2022 my membership was canceled. End of story...wrong!!

In October 2022 they withdrew more money. I contacted them again, told them I canceled this last month. They told me I canceled the membership, but not the fees!! What?!?! They said they were going to keep charging me for the full year. I told them no! I want this to stop!! Cancel everything!! I don't even use the services! I told them I wanted a refund also. They told me no they don't give refunds! Buyer beware!! Do not use this company ever!! They are thieves!! I have currently gotten my bank involved to stop the charges!! Crooks!! A bunch of Crooks at this company!!! Stay away!!!

Original review: Oct. 14, 2022

I tried several dating sites. EHarmony had the least amount of potential matches. The filters and the compatibility matching were useless as I couldn't filter or there wasn't a single match in Sacramento, CA. It's a major area, there should be matches available. There were on tons of other sites, just not eHarmony. You can't cancel, you have to pay for an entire year and don't know it's worthless until you pay for it. You can't see pictures until you pay. The compatibility matching is dumb. They don't take into account looks, religion or politics. I'm relatively attractive, make decent money and they're suggesting I'm compatible with a man 16 years older that's unemployed and on disability and was very unattractive.

The worst part is other sites require 2 people to like each other before they can message. Not eHarmony. All the creepy guys can message me. My inbox was flooded with creepy thumbs up. And to delete these guys it forces you to block them and notify them you are blocking them. Very awkward for all involved. I had to hide my profile and eventually just deleted it after a month I hated the service so much. Stuck paying for a year and will never get back on there. Absolutely horrible experience and their customer service does not care. They will never refund you. Their business model is tricking people. Try Bumble instead.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2022

Just like the thousands of people complaining about eHarmony. I signed up under the assumption that it could be terminated at any time. They use tricks to make you think you can cancel at any time. I am not paying $400 for a service that is deceptive. By law the contract must be clear and straightforward

Original review: Oct. 13, 2022

I signed up and found little value in their service. They claim to match people up with all these metrics but it was very basic. It came time to renew and they were trying to charge me close to $1000 for continued service. I thought it was expensive to begin with but that's just ridiculous. Surely there are cheaper options. No. I cancelled my account promptly which they did do. Thing is they still claim I "owe" them all that money and sent a collector after me. Never dealt with anything like this in all my life. AVOID these scammers!

Original review: Oct. 6, 2022

In September, I landed on the eHarmony site, got interested with their 50% offer and chose to subscribe. I am single and searching for my love that's why it interested me. I did not mind paying about $6 for a month. Sadly, on clicking the payment authorization, I was taken aback to see they billed me $146 for a whole ** year! I immediately reached out to them via the contact platform and email explaining that I never intended to subscribe for a whole year. Why would I subscribe for one year? Guess what? They told me they don't do refund and they are willing to help me make the best of my experience during that one year! You can imagine the audacity! They then directed me to their terms and conditions.

eHarmony are scammers and corporate thieves! Their 50% offer is a bait. You bite and get swallowed! Don't dare go to that site. Don't even waste your time. They will take your money and take you in circles. I asked them to delete the account which they did. If they can steal from me, what business do I have with them? Don't dare eHarmony. You will regret.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2022

They have a 2 cancellation process! One is hidden and the other only cancels the "renewal" of the subscription! POOR layout of site and fake accounts, the main reason I cancelled after one month. They continued to spam me with fake emails on "members" who may or may not be real. Called customer service and of course, the lady barely spoke English, they billed me for 5 months after I cancelled when I opted for a one time fee for one month. STAY AWAY FROM THIS AWFUL SITE!

Original review: Oct. 1, 2022

Do not use this company. They steal your money. They need to be out of business. They don't offer anything. They lie to customers pretending they are the number-one trusted site, but they are the most unreliable one. The matches are extremely limited and nothing to do with your requests. I tried to cancel my membership as soon as I realized it was a scam and they refuse to reimburse any of the big $$ I spent on them. They force you to enroll for 6-12 months for NOTHING, just to rip you off. Save your money and go somewhere else

Original review: Sept. 27, 2022

The site is a joke. The company run by cons. AVOID. AVOID. AVOID. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY...because that's what it is...a total waste of money. They don't even bother returning emails because they are so used to customer being disgusted.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2022

I have gotten nothing but guys asking for nude photos of me. One guy was nice and I got hopeful. Then he turned into a sexual pig. The company won't stop my subscription or refund me. They don't care. I'm so beyond pissed.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2022

I used this dating website about 11 years ago and thought it as the premier dating site for people who was seriously looking and wanted to be safe. Format designed now is just to take as much money as they can and give you nothing!

Original review: Sept. 17, 2022

For reasons I cannot go into I organised eHarmony subscription for my son. I am no expert at it however I needed to give him a prompt or I should say I felt I was doing him a favour. I signed up thinking it was a monthly debit however the trickery in their marketing I did not realise it was a one off deduction for over AUD 400!!!! I was shocked to see this so I tried and tried and tried to find a way to contact them without getting the generic robot response. When I did I was told, "Sorry no refund," even though my son adamantly refused to take on the subscription.

I asked them, "What if he met the girl of his dreams in the first month?" Why can't I cancel subscription instead of hide it. I would not want my partner having a profile hidden or not while we are together. TO me there is no commitment then. My son did not even use the site nor will he ever and I will never see my money again. The point of this story is they are scammers and will take your money and too bad if you meet someone or for some reason you are unable to use....You never see it again. eHARMONY IS A TOTAL RIP OFF AND A SCAM.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2022

I accidentally selected a payment that apparently was selecting to pay 12 months in 1 payment ($371.36) but I thought I was paying 14.95 on time for one month. Realized my mistake within minutes and they are refusing to refund me any money. Absolute crooks! I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS SITE AT ALL!!!!

Original review: Sept. 16, 2022

I will give you zero for a rating. I cancelled your service less than 24 hours but I only got my full refund from you after I involved my bank to intervene with a chargeback. Next time don't give your customers false advertisement and convoluted terms of agreement.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2022

Signing up with eHarmony was a HUGE mistake. I was limited on how long I wanted to sign up for and picked the least amount of time. When I kept getting charged by eHarmony, I reached out to them via email and they said I was paying for the year subscription. I know I DID NOT sign up for a year! They said there was nothing I could do and no money would be refunded. PLUS I couldn't just delete my account I had to request it be deleted. WHAT A RIP-OFF eHarmony is. It is a shame they used to be so highly recommended. BUYER BEWARE!

Original review: Sept. 9, 2022

eHarmony's marketing practices are designed to coerce people to pay for an expensive subscription. They blur out other accounts initially that allegedly try to contact you and you cannot see them or communicate unless you pay an expensive subscription fee that runs far over what most other sites charge, and they have no short term options to try to see if you like the site. Once you have done so and the accounts are fully visible you find out that there are hardly any accounts in your metro area which in my case is the San Francisco Bay Area in California with over 7 million people. When I seek matches in my area I get fewer than 20 people in spite of the fact that this is a hugely populated metropolitan area. Almost all my matches were over 100 miles away. There were many of those 19 matches where there was no picture at all, and the rest were not compatible in education, income, or any other interests.

I had already paid for 1 year, and when I cancelled after just two weeks, their customer service team said I would owe them for the remainder of the annual subscription, even after deleting my account. I have used other dating sites and have never had this issue before - where there simply are barely any people in my area in the same age range and economic/education level as me. I am an attractive and athletic woman and I've had no trouble finding agreeable matches on other sites in the past. eHarmony's response to my complaint is that I should widen my preferences for acceptable matches. But I've already widened these aside from the fact that I don't want to date someone long distance! This was not clearly advertised at the time of purchase.

This is extremely unprofessional, coercive, and predatory. They can't deliver what they say they will, and I'm paying almost $200 for a site I can't use. I complained and received a response that did not answer my questions, nor were they at all willing to stop charging me for the remainder of the year. I think their responses are all the same for anyone asking for a refund. DON'T use this dating site!!

eHarmony Company Information