Find an Online Dating Sites partner

eHarmony Reviews

3.8/5 (1591 ratings)
Find an Online Dating Sites partner
Banner image

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

About eHarmony Reviews

Los Angeles-based eharmony launched in the United States in 2000 with its patented Compatibility Matching System® which allows eharmony members to be matched with compatible persons with whom they are likely to enjoy a long-term relationship.

Banner image

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

eHarmony Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about eHarmony?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about eharmony?

Original review: April 5, 2021

I wouldn't even give it one star. Worst site ever. They charge you a TON of money and want to offer you packages that are a year or two long. First, most people I know including myself aren't trying to be on this site or any dating site any longer than they have to. So only offering an ungodly high monthly package, their only other options are 1 or 2 year plans which are still really high! Again who is trying to be on a dating site for that long! Ridiculous. Then when I finally did sign up there are almost never any new matches, it's the same people all the time.

Even better, after you go through 4 or 5 pages of matches, the matches are like 100 miles away. It's hard enough to meet people in my neighborhood. HOW and WHY would I want to look that far away?!?! WORST site ever!! NEVER EVER PAY FOR OR USE THIS SITE EVER!!!! And their customer service is the worst. They just regurgitate paragraphs of crap and don't listen to anything the customer has to say. I also have friends that have signed up, and spent more money than me, and are equally disgusted with Eharmony.

Original review: April 2, 2021

I totally agree with all the other low ratings people have given here. Everything bad they have written about with this online service is true. My only wish was that I saw these reviews before signing up. Now, even with 50% off, I am out $225.00 and nothing to show for it. There is no reason why certain states cannot opt out within 24 hours of signing up. A total scam. I tried to give no star and it wouldn't allow me to continue.

Original review: April 1, 2021

I joined a new dating site. Paid for the first month and after being on the site an hour I realised there were only around 20 men that matched my age and area which was 60km. I asked to cancel after giving the site a couple of hours and was immediately told they would be charging me a total of £65. I have joined other dating sites and never had this problem before EVER, would tell anyone to avoid at all costs.

Original review: March 20, 2021

The trial eharmony site had numerous matches, etc. However the paid site had none (zero) matches, etc. for over 6 weeks! Other sites, paid and unpaid had hundreds, some of which were interesting and worthwhile. It is my opinion the eharmony is a scam. There is also no money back.

Original review: March 16, 2021

eHarmony’s sign up process is a subscription trap. The wording and discount of the first month tricks consumers into thinking they are joining a monthly subscription. As someone who has not used a dating site before and was just trying it out, I am not pleased that consumers can not unsubscribe and must pay for a service we no longer want to use.

Original review: March 7, 2021

They do not honour customer service, are rigid with their ridiculous policies and above all, the service is irritating to use, isn't user friendly, and you get to see the same handful of people, on a loop, for months. RUN AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY.

Original review: March 5, 2021

Eharmony is predatory! Last year I realized I didn't want to use it, and they refused a return of any money even though I literally used zero of their services. They at least said they'd make sure it wouldn't auto renew. A YEAR LATER (I'm happily taken without the help of this site) I get a random email thanking me for renewing. No warning, just a bill! I contacted them explaining one of their employees said they'd take me off auto renew, but they said they could not help me, and I owe $300!!!! This is so predatory! They are saying there's no way to get a refund. Reminder, I've never used their services, and already paid $250 for the "accidental" sign up last year. DON'T USE THEM.

Original review: March 1, 2021

I felt like it was a mistake when I signed up. None of the guys live in my area, and I had zero in common with their "matches". They were as far as across the country. Also, most of them just wanted sex. I tried to cancel and sent a letter. They never responded. I sent another one. They then said I was stuck in the contract and there was no way to get out of it, so basically I'm losing $70 a month. They told me to enjoy the product that really is pretty useless as I have no connection with these guys, and I'm not traveling from Washington State to Philadelphia for a "match". My friends have all had similar experiences and couldn't cancel as well. They're like a cable company. Avoid them like the plague.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2021

eHarmony is like any other big business that puts money over people. Their customer service is robotic, sending links with legal jargon and no one will talk to you. I signed up for a 6mo subscription, and at the end they charged me for a 12 mo premium renewal. I was not notified of what the charge would be before. I did not want to renew, so asked if they'd at least just charge for the 6mo. I only got the link with more legal jargon. I will never use them again. Very disappointing, they do not uphold their values.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2021

I have read many one star reviews that tell me I'm not the first victim. If there were an option, I'd select zero star. I really don't need to go into detail. Most of the other victims have been screwed a lot worse than me. It's about auto pay and auto renewal. They get you hooked and won't let you go. Imagine yourself starting down a steep slope by a worldly need for company and friendship and every time you touch earth, a hand comes out from below, reaches into your pocket and removes all your worldly resources. This is not only a scam, it's a horrible insult to the human race. I am hoping this organization goes out of business. It does not deserve to exist. There are many ways to find a partner. This is not one of them.

eHarmony Company Information