eHarmony

eHarmony Reviews

3.7/5 (2385 ratings)
Find an Online Dating Sites partner
Banner image

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

About eHarmony Reviews

Los Angeles-based eharmony launched in the United States in 2000 with its patented Compatibility Matching System® which allows eharmony members to be matched with compatible persons with whom they are likely to enjoy a long-term relationship.

Banner image

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

eHarmony Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about eHarmony?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about eharmony?

Original review: June 2, 2022

Relatively few matches for such an expensive service so I ended up not using it much after the first month or two. Come to find out a year later they had auto-renewed the service for $150 and refused to provide any sort or refund or compromise, even after I complained to the BBB. They had what I considered poor customer service in resolving the dispute, with a dismissive, entitled attitude. If you do end up signing up for the service, it's a good idea to immediately disable the auto renewal option or you will end up with an expensive mistake!

Original review: May 27, 2022

Lost my wife a while ago and thought I was ready to start dating, so I signed up. In the process of filling out questions and responding to a couple of those interested I realized I wasn't ready and don't know if I ever well be. I contacted Customer Support as I had only created the account a day or two ago, requesting a refund. They were totally without compassion and refused any refund in fact told me I was still responsible for additional payments! I used PayPal thank goodness and have instructed them not to make future payments, unfortunately I'm out the initial payment. I would NOT recommend using this site as they have NO heart! Tip for consumers: Be very careful, I'd suggest if you want to go ahead and try them, which I discourage, to opt for the shortest term possible until you're sure you want to continue.

Original review: May 25, 2022

Paid for the subscription, been on for 3 months only to find out that there’s only been 4 matches within 60 miles and, so far, less than 50 within 150 miles. Also a number of fake profiles. Tried starting conversations with over 20, only 4 ever responded, but usually only once. My “new” matches over 3 months have often been the same person more than once or someone that’s not been active for over a month. Their claims are very misleading, I regret subscribing, worst dating site I’ve tried.

Original review: May 19, 2022

We had a very poor experience with eHarmony. We joined in the fall with a promotional sale for 6 months for $100. We were not going to continue on with this dating service. Unbeknownst to us they signed us up for an auto subscription, and by the spring they charged us $350 for the next year. We did not give permission for this, and they did not notify us that this was going to happen. When we tried to call customer service it was very difficult to find a number to call.

When we finally got through to a customer service representative he basically said there was nothing he could do for us. He said they would not provide a refund and he would not refer us to talk to anyone else. This is a very shady business. The representative said that he would pass our case along to a "specialist", and that robot "specialist" promptly sent us a form email saying there were no refunds. No exceptions. I would think twice before getting involved with this unethical company. Very bad experience.

Original review: May 19, 2022

So I fell for the idea of online dating and checked out eHarmony for free, with my search results I had 150 matches in my area, I found about 30 profiles that I would like to meet and so I purchased a year scrip. Soon as I did half the people I favorited disappeared and out of the 150 matches I had prior to paying went down to 55. So I checked my settings thinking it was a fluke and everything was the same. I contacted Eharmony about it wondering what was going on and the only response I got was automated "we can't do anything" so I asked for a refund because I felt ripped off at this point, false advertising. They of course won't refund but luckily my credit card company feels differently, DO NOT USE THEM!.

Original review: May 18, 2022

This company is a fraud. I canceled the day after I signed up after seeing the people that they match you with. They kept charging my account and would not let me cancel. I believe they are just desperate for money because they can't compete with other sites.

Original review: May 18, 2022

Once you join, they have your card number and even when you try to cancel, you can't. The directions to cancel lead you through a system that doesn't exist. You have to contact customer service and they don't get back to you for a few days and then they say you have to do it. It is a vicious cycle. You also have no way to delete all your personal information w/o going through customer service which once again, says you have to do it which once again, there is no way to do it. The "options" choice on your personal data doesn't exist. I have had to cancel my bank card because of the constant charging on my card!!!

Original review: May 17, 2022

They only use fake profiles, fake pictures, they never contact you after you write to customer service and when they replied is only a copy and paste of their rules...So basically you don't have anybody that cares about your concern but of course they take all your money..That is a lot.

Original review: May 17, 2022

Looking for Love? DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME AND $ AT eHarmony. They have no idea what are they doing, they are stuck in 2002. It's all fake and it's a big scam, they take you before you can see how it works, and they make tons of mistakes by matching you with others.

Original review: May 13, 2022

I signed up for free to start with. I created my profile and was honest about what I was looking for in a mate. I started getting matches and at first it was fun. Then I started seeing men's profiles that were simply nasty talking about sexual preferences. I of course deleted this person from my matches (so I thought) but the whole idea that this man could get on there and basically solicit sex was disgusting to me. By this time, I was paying for the membership. I complained to eHarmony and kept using the app. My matches got fewer and fewer, I had ZERO conversations, and found it to be a complete waste of time for me. So, I contacted customer support to let them know that I no longer wanted to use the program. I was ignored and told to adjust my profile to get more matches.

I sent another email asking for someone to contact me. I received YET ANOTHER patronizing email telling me I needed to change my profile and my location settings. Bottom line is there is ZERO customer service. If you have a problem you are out of luck and you are stuck paying for it whether you use it or not. There is NO satisfaction guaranteed. It wasn't like I wasn't trying to talk to my matches it was just that the matches weren't worth talking to. I really think I'd do better going to a bar! Why should I change my profile to FIT what someone wants? I am who I am and if someone doesn't like it... tough! eHarmony wants your money, not your happiness. They couldn't care less whether their product works.

Original review: May 9, 2022

eHarmony is only interested in taking your money. I joined, was charged a ridiculous amount and within 3 months of joining, I received a total of 6 matches. That's it. I joined another dating site and was inundated with matches! When I wrote to the company expressing my dissatisfaction, their customer service replied with a prewritten response, and when I replied back to them, they ignored me. They simply do not care. This must be how many others feel and would also explain why my activity was so low - their pool of candidates have probably shrunk - no doubt to their lousy business practices and subsequent poor reviews. You can add mine to the pile.

Original review: May 8, 2022

Here are the facts about this company. They have no desire to let you see the product they offer before you buy. I'll be more specific and I'll use a car dealership as an example. If you go to a car dealership to purchase a vehicle, you have the opportunity to search their inventory to first determine if they have the type(s) of vehicle that you want to buy. Eharmony does not allow you to do this, you cannot see the men or women unless you first pay. Let's say you were looking for a Toyota or Honda SUV. You can search the car lots for free in your area to determine if there are either Toyota and Honda SUV's in your specific geographical area. You can then look at the vehicles for free to determine if you wan to move forward with a purchase.

If you are looking specifically for a ** or Latino man or woman to date, Eharmony does not allow the user to search for free their inventory to see if there are indeed any ** or Latino men or women who are members of their site. They first want you to pay for at least 6 months with absolutely no guarantee that they can offer what you are looking for. What other business has this horrible customer service model? You may pay for a minimum 6 month purchase and once you are allowed to search without restrictions, you may discover that there are no men or women that you like on their site yet they have your money and there is nothing you can do to get it back. What they do is make you go through this B.S. 20 minute compatibility test which means absolutely NOTHING. You get to know the person by actually meeting, talking and spending time with them. That compatibility crap is all for show and had zero value for the customer.

Original review: May 4, 2022

There are less than 10% of the potential matches I see on Match on this service. The price is completely out of proportion to the service it provides and the site itself works poorly. It's a poor service at an outrageous price.

Original review: May 2, 2022

When I used Eharmony previously the pitch said cancel free **anytime**. That proved to not be true, and the "matches" they give you are ridiculous. I cancelled very quickly (and moved to Match) and they refused to honor the cancellation and continued to bill me. My credit card was lost and deactivated, so they then sent me to COLLECTIONS over a ''contracted amount" yet it clearly stated cancel anytime. DO NOT. It is an absolute waste of money.

Original review: April 29, 2022

If I could give eHarmony a "0", I would. The matches are very limited, not my preferences, and not anyone I would be attracted to. There has to be some physical attraction as well. You go through all these hoops to find a good match, but they don't get your matches right. Trying to communicate to people is worthless, because these people are probably in the same boat as me, and don't use the site anymore, as it is horrible. And that is why no one responds to you.

There is no option to cancel, and when you do get a hold of someone, there is ZERO OPTION TO CANCEL. I tried to do it within the timeline they give you but they come up with some reason why you still must pay. You can not get a refund, and they take your money monthly, even if you do not use the site. Terrible customer service, they do NOT CARE if you are not happy with their services. Other companies will refund your money if you are not 100% satisfied. Not this place. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME PEOPLE!!!

Original review: April 27, 2022

Unlike other dating sites, where you pay a monthly rate and can cancel anytime without penalty, eHarmony requires a contract and will not let you out of it for any reason. They wanted me to give them a lump sum of $312 or $78 a month for four months for a six month subscription. I took the monthly payment option. It was more expensive than Match or Okcupid but I gave it a shot. There were only about five people in my area, none of whom I was interested in. Now mind you, I live in the DC area so there should have been plenty to choose from. Maybe they all were smart enough not to use eharmony.

I called eharmony less than 24 hours after making my $78 payment and that's when I was told I had entered a contract and could not cancel. I called my bank and stopped payment to them. When they were unable to take my money, the aggressive phone calls and emails started. I was even threatened with legal action if I didn't pay off the remaining balance. They have now sent me to collections. If I see them on my credit report, I will dispute it. If I can make even one person decide not to use eharmony, I will be delighted. They are shady as hell. $312 for five people within 50 miles of DC? I don't think so. Eharmony can go to hell. They will never see a dime of money again. How they have been so successful is beyond me.

Original review: April 26, 2022

My experience with eHarmony leaves a terrible taste. They automatically renewed my subscription and then notified me 2 days afterwards when it was too late for me to cancel. They also charged me double the rate to over $350.00. I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and Consumer Affairs and said that eHarmony wanted access to my account and messages. At some point, eHarmony told me they would give me a discount at the rate of $179.40. I refused to pay as I didn't want the service. I have received threatening emails where they wrote, "We may also consider taking further action to obtain the outstanding balance from you, including transferring the claim to a debt collection agency, where reasonable and permitted by law."

Original review: April 26, 2022

Do not use this site for dating, firstly it is one of the most expensive monthly costs, they say you can cancel within 14 days HOWEVER what they DO NOT tell you that if you do they WILL CHARGE YOU £130 for the personality profile they send you when signing up! This profile is not in-depth. Indeed you could google it and get same results however they MAKE YOU email them to CANCEL to ensure they can TAKE THE PAYMENT before you are aware of it! They reduce the amount to £49.95 outstanding as if they are doing you a favour!!

This means you have to go through a visa dispute to get your money back! Do not give this company your card details as they will charge you before responding and if you google cancelling with eHarmony they do not tell you about the charge they give you!!! This company is disingenuous and outright fraudulent, they take money with no authorisation. DO NOT USE!!!

Original review: April 19, 2022

The company only want your money. The only option is to sign up for 1 year and you only have 3 days to cancel. Once past 3 days, you will be liable for the whole year whether you use the service or not. Their service looks good from the outside but is just bells and whistles, all uselessness information for people who have not been on in years. Be warned, you are throwing away your money.

Original review: April 18, 2022

If I could I would give negative star. The site has very limited options as far as potential dates go. I tried canceling by inactivating within the time period but they still charged me for one year of subscription saying that I did not click on something that was not readily visible. The charge that I refused to pay went into collections. I saw that eHarmony settled a class action lawsuit a few years ago. I would definitely discourage anyone from doing business with eHarmony.

Original review: April 17, 2022

I had a 12- month membership on this site and only communicated with 2 people. Choices are really limited. They trick you into buying a membership. After my membership expired I started getting tons of messages and likes. I decided to renew my membership for another 12 months and all of a sudden it's dead again...I suspect they use fake profiles to message potential customers and trick them into purchasing premium plan. Once you do- everything stops, no messages, likes, etc. I find it very strange...I asked to cancel my membership and get a refund on day 4 and they are refusing. They only allow cancelations in certain states which violates laws, every contract must have cooling- off period. I'm filing a formal complaint with the local government and I encourage everyone else to do the same. Stay away from eHarmony, COVID restrictions are getting lifted, better to meet someone in person.

Original review: April 15, 2022

Paid for a six month subscription 4 monthly payments 2 weeks in I decided to go back to my husband tried to close the account because according to eHarmony you cannot be married and remain on the site. They blocked the account and sent the balance to collections. I paid the balance to protect my credit but the company decided to only grant me 2 months of the subscription after the balance was paid. eHarmony is very expensive and tricky. Please be careful. I had planned to allow a friend to use the remaining months but 2 months is very unfair. I plan to fight.

Original review: April 10, 2022

I found this site very quiet and limited.... You only get a limited number of matches and most of those have no pics or details. The worst experience was when I got charged after the end of one year’s subscription. I made sure to go to my account settings and checked the details before the end of the service and still got charged. When I contacted the customer service, they refused to refund me as it was written somewhere in the fine print that you must contact the company to cancel your subscription. I am extremely disappointed with the cheap tactics. Thumbs down to eHarmony!!!

Original review: April 7, 2022

You must pay to see your matches because they know if you see your matches upfront that you will never join and pay them your hard-earned money. Let me just say this. When a photo pops up and your head literally flinches back from the visual horror that you have just been exposed to, well, that's not a good sign of the future. I have tried e-Harmony a few times off and on over the years and have always been left feeling very, very disappointed. Scammed and ripped off. For some reason though after maybe a year or so, I think that maybe things may have gotten better or maybe my memory simply just failed me and I try again. I have had maybe 7 dates over the years and met one woman that I really liked. Unfortunately for me she liked me and about 6 other men. There are always three to four more men than women on all dating sites. This is all not e-Harmony's fault.

(By the way, I am no Brad Pitt but I am an above average looking guy, physically fit, highly educated, financially successful, debt free, etc. So it's not like I am an unmarketable loser). My point here is that if you pay to sign up and you are unhappy, disappointed and get absolutely no results or satisfaction from your membership, well that's too bad. You are not going to get a refund. Your money is gone. And if you are paying monthly the pain is even more excruciating. Helplessly watching your money withdrawn from your account each month until your membership is fully paid for and the torture is finally all over.

Original review: April 6, 2022

DO NOT JOIN eHarmony. I signed up for a one month trial period and because I did not call in and cancel my membership, within 30 days, I was then automatically signed up for a 12-month membership and charged three installments of $79.80 without my authorization. I tried to dispute these charges but they refused to give me any kind of refund. Very disappointed in this company and their services. I would highly recommend that you consider a different dating site. Also, make sure you are careful to read all the 'fine lines' in the customer agreement before you sign up. EHarmony turned out to be a joke!

Original review: April 5, 2022

Well, granted I am a senior. There is limited selection for seniors on eHarmony which I did not know beforehand. Be that as it may, it is very difficult reaching staff for help. I could not find a phone number and staff members do a pretty good job hiding at the other end of emails. There's little to no help to make adequate adjustments to my profile. I had to rely on FAQs which was no help. And once they've got your money, you're cooked. It seems that's all they want. I've since tried other dating sites and am able to speak to real people who had real answers. eHarmony was a waste of my hard-earned money.

Original review: April 2, 2022

This business is jamming your mailboxes with unsolicited email from this company. Unsolicited emails coming to my e-mail account. Soliciting me through ghost email accounts which I never even signed up for. Really sad to have to do Business this way to get customers. Run from a deceiving company like this

Original review: April 1, 2022

I signed up with eHarmony 5 years ago. I canceled my account and was charged after I closed it. eHarmony continued to bill me. I reactivated my account again last year, I put a reminder on calendar to cancel the billing prior to renewal billing date. I did this and eHarmony still keeps charging me. I've disputed this with my credit card company. The same thing happened with my fiancé. eHarmony is not worth the trouble. DO NOT SIGN UP WITH THEM. Not to mention you can never get ahold of a live person to resolve the billing. They are just out to get your money. If I could give zero starts I would, but that is not an option so they get 1. I hope this helps others to not get scammed when they close their account.

Original review: March 31, 2022

Finally decided to spend the cash thinking there would be less scamming and more real guys. Well that was true, but you only get the matches that eHarmony decides to send you! They are matching me with people that do not fit my parameters at all! There is no way to filter out aspects that you do not want. You get the same matches forever it seems, only getting to see new people when new people join. What a rip off! If I pay 300 I should be able to see ALL of the men on the site. Let ME choose who I would like to know. Bumble here I come -for free.

Original review: March 25, 2022

It was nonsense. Just wasted money. Total waste and I can’t emphasize on it enough. Very expensive for nothing. This forum should not exist is Mrs a big scam. Forcing people to be in contract with them is ridiculous. You're dealing with adults not kids. Pure nonsense.

eHarmony Company Information