Find an Online Dating Sites partner

eHarmony Reviews

3.8/5 (1579 ratings)
Find an Online Dating Sites partner
Banner image

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

About eHarmony Reviews

Los Angeles-based eharmony launched in the United States in 2000 with its patented Compatibility Matching System® which allows eharmony members to be matched with compatible persons with whom they are likely to enjoy a long-term relationship.

Banner image

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

eHarmony Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about eHarmony?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about eharmony?

Original review: Feb. 27, 2021

eHarmony is like any other big business that puts money over people. Their customer service is robotic, sending links with legal jargon and no one will talk to you. I signed up for a 6mo subscription, and at the end they charged me for a 12 mo premium renewal. I was not notified of what the charge would be before. I did not want to renew, so asked if they'd at least just charge for the 6mo. I only got the link with more legal jargon. I will never use them again. Very disappointing, they do not uphold their values.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2021

I have read many one star reviews that tell me I'm not the first victim. If there were an option, I'd select zero star. I really don't need to go into detail. Most of the other victims have been screwed a lot worse than me. It's about auto pay and auto renewal. They get you hooked and won't let you go. Imagine yourself starting down a steep slope by a worldly need for company and friendship and every time you touch earth, a hand comes out from below, reaches into your pocket and removes all your worldly resources. This is not only a scam, it's a horrible insult to the human race. I am hoping this organization goes out of business. It does not deserve to exist. There are many ways to find a partner. This is not one of them.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2021

Signed up for a trial period, then realised I'd been signed up for a two year subscription at £425. Immediately sent them an email to cancel this and they informed me I would have to pay £130 for a personality report, but as a 'value compensation' they @only charge half, so £65 for sweet FA. They do not respond to emails and I'm waiting to raise an issue with PayPal. There is no mention of this charge in their terms and conditions.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2021

I reviewed the service agreement before signing up, checking to see what my cancellation options were. The terms indicated that I had three days to cancel and get a full refund. I decided to cancel during those three days. I was informed that I could not cancel because of my state of residence. Turns out in another section it states that only 11 states are able to take advantage of the three day cancellation option. This should have been stated directly in the description of the three day cancellation. Very misleading, deceitful, and unethical, imo.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2021

I used the site for a day and asked for my money back. They refunded my money within 24 hours. I disagree with the reviewers here who claim that eHarmony refuses to refund the money within the cancel period.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2021

EHarmony is the biggest scamming dating site on the internet. They do not offer monthly subscriptions. When you click on the buttons for payments you are automatically billed without knowing how much you will be charged and you will be unable to do anything about it. They are scammers! Even contacted them three minutes after clicking and they refused refund. PayPal sucked at helping also! Waste of money. They only have 10 people to look at for $418 subscription! Rip off!!

Original review: Feb. 9, 2021

I joined both Match.com and eHarmony. eHarmony is a big rip-off. Only three matches in a month compared to 15 on Match. And the matches were of no interest to me at all. It's expensive and exceeding disappointing, and no way to get a refund. I'm stuck with monthly fees for a year. Totally stinks. DO NOT SIGN UP!!!!

Original review: Feb. 6, 2021

First, I would like to acknowledge that my hubby & I met on eHarmony, best decision of my life BUT, the reason I gave one star is because eHarmony's customer care is the WORST experience we have ever experienced! Ralph forgot to remove the auto renew feature from his account, it has been over an year since he logged in. So when we received a charge of $527.16 on our credit card statement, we contacted eHarmony right away. It's obvious the account was not just hidden but dormant for an year. We would understand if we had to pay a penalty of say 3 months subscription but $527.16 plus rude customer care is pure disgrace!!!

Original review: Jan. 31, 2021

I signed up with Eharmony in December 2020 for a 1-year subscription and received about 25 matches in December, and less than 10 new ones in January. By mid-January, I realized the matches were not appealing and I asked for a refund. The ones they sent me looked like they could be old enough to be my father or grandfather. Most of the pictures and profiles of my matches were so bad, I doubt anyone would want to connect with those men. On the other side of the scale, the matches they sent that looked decent never sent me a note and never responded to my notes to them.

I am a fairly attractive half Asian half ** 62 year old that looks like I'm in my early 50s. I am active and in great health. The majority of the matches they sent me looked like old broken down ** men that no one would be interested in. I can't prove it, but I think the majority of the matches they send people are fake pictures and profiles. If the pics and profiles are bad, no one would discover that they are fake. By mid-January, the matches were not getting any better and I asked for a refund before the January payment was due, but they say I cannot get a refund because I subscribed for a 1-year subscription.

So they continue to take almost $59 dollars a month out of my account. What a rip off and I'm pretty certain the matches are fake. I mostly believe this because there was never any solid successful communication (texting back and forth) with any of the few matches that looked decent. I think the whole thing is a scam. They take advantage of single people just looking to make a real connection.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2021

I came to eHarmony fed up with fake profilers and scammers thinking they must hold the magic key with their quiz. By the time you finish, you're exhausted and they won’t give your results until you sign up. When I saw the first three months half off and a $30 range price I thought it was worth it. You can cancel at any time they say, even better. It took a week to realize it was a mistake and I tried to get my cancellation. Unfortunately the fine print was two days to cancel and the first three months half off was for a year’s contract!!! They refused to give me my money back.

Over half of my matches were people without a picture. The others were way worse than any other dating site I’ve been on. I saw one guy on another site and said we matched on e-harmony.. He said he wasn’t a paid subscriber so he didn’t know. Another match kept contacting me with likes but never answered a message. When I looked deep into his profile he said he wasn’t a paid member so can’t read messages and spelled out his email for contact. So I’m out $395 for a year’s worth of nothing. Do not do it!!!

eHarmony Company Information