Find an Online Dating Sites partner

eHarmony Reviews

3.4/5 (1604 ratings)
Find an Online Dating Sites partner
Banner image

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

About eHarmony Reviews

Los Angeles-based eharmony launched in the United States in 2000 with its patented Compatibility Matching System® which allows eharmony members to be matched with compatible persons with whom they are likely to enjoy a long-term relationship.

Banner image

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

eHarmony Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about eHarmony?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about eharmony?

Original review: Sept. 10, 2021

Enticed with hundreds of fuzzy faced matches until you sign up, for a minimum 6 months! Once you put in a few parameters, like they should be within 200km and poof suddenly there are 2 matches. And they are ugly, short, uneducated and live 300 km away…Wow

Original review: Sept. 10, 2021

eHarmony is expensive, offers the fewest numbers of potential matches I've encountered (disappointing in quality), and their customer "care" consists of copying legal policy after I asked for a refund.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2021

Very expensive monthly subscription for what you are getting. Very limited matches and little to no functionality on the website. Customer service couldn't be worse and really didn't care, avoid at all costs!

Original review: Sept. 7, 2021

So far I've found this site to be a complete waste of money. I signed up and within the same day I tried cancelling after seeing that in my entire metro area I had 15 matches. I was told very quickly that I didn't qualify to cancel as I didn't live in one of a very small number of states who qualify. I've now been on the app a few months (since I couldn't cancel) and in that time I've only received a couple of new matches. I've used several other dating apps (Hinge, Bumble, Match, Tinder) and I've found all to be significantly better platforms.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2021

You would have better luck finding the love of your life on America’s Most Wanted than using this app. Waste of money. No rhyme or reason as to who is deemed a “match” and the higher the match the more repulsive.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2021

I joined on the 8-21-21, for female ages between 52-65, they had indicated there were hundreds, there wasn't maybe 20. I did make contact with a few women, with just a nice "hi how are you". Mostly no responses. I'm thinking they have people on there who are not members on there to help fill in what they do have as fillers. And then there less and less women as days went by, some that were blocked by eHarmony for illegal access. This was for 2 weeks, I sign up for 3 months, nearly $300. I asked for a refund and they said their policy was not to give back refunds.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2021

Horrible site! Hardly any matches and when I neglected to cancel my 6 month subscription, I got charged for another year. I can see being charged for the month that passed or the same period as originally chosen. Do not waste your money on this site!

Original review: Sept. 2, 2021

I have tried several dating apps and eHarmony by far is the worst experience and most costly mistake I’ve ever made in my life. After a very lengthy series of questions they used to find a comparable partner they totally got it wrong. 99% Obese desperate older women I have nothing in common with. Customer service was rude and not understanding at all. They refused to refund any of my future payments. This company should be shut down. DO NOT PURCHASE!!!

Original review: Aug. 31, 2021

This dating website is marketed as "the best" and it is promoted in some articles as a "Christian Dating Website". I disagree on both counts. Now that I have been with eHarmony for almost two months I can say quite honestly that not too many men in southern Ontario use their services. And the men who self-identify as Christian are mostly not too committed to the Christian faith. It's more like a skin colour for some. But it gets worse. You MUST pay for a minimum of one year as a member, either in four consecutive months or in larger amounts, more quickly. By the time the first four months have ended you have paid for a year of service in USD, and eHarmony doesn't care if you are an unsatisfied customer.

Also by that time you will have done very well to find a handful of semi-suitable matches in your region. My attractive profile has produced three flesh and blood dates in almost two months, and a small number of conversations that went nowhere. Most of the men with high compatibility scores (according to eHarmony) would not be a good match to me in quite a number of ways. And half of the men they insist that I consider are Americans! Although eHarmony provides memberships for many people in other countries in their own currency, Canada is just smushed into the USA, as though we are identical countries. Ha! I am not ready to date Americans. Neither do too many Americans seem ready to date Canadians right now. The pandemic has only accentuated our differences.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2021

If you live within one of the FEW states where this scam site will refund you- consider yourself #blessed. Read the fine print- lesson learned! Matches are laughable, actually creepy men, customer service is atrocious, tried to get a refund within ONE hour of signing up, was denied because I live in a “nonrefundable” state per their bogus agreement. I’m stuck paying for a year's worth of the worst dating site I’ve ever seen. Buyer beware. I wish I had read these reviews before I clicked the button to hell otherwise known as eHarmony. I would have been better off donating my $450 for the year to someone who could use it instead of this SCAM. Stay away!

eHarmony Company Information