1.10/5

eHarmony Reviews

Los Angeles-based eharmony launched in the United States in 2000 with its patented Compatibility Matching System® which allows eharmony members to be matched with compatible persons with whom they are likely to enjoy a long-term relationship.

2169 eHarmony Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 7, 2019

This company should be charged with fraud. Take you money, deceive that you will get a result and provide nothing. I have sent off countless contacts and got not one response in three months. Appalling. Obviously full of fake profiles.

Original review: June 6, 2019

I just used discount code ** to join e-harmony (3 payments of 65CAD instead of 99CAD). The status screen on the top right said 'discount code applied'. The pre-transaction screen showed me paying the discounted amount. Once I hit proceed with the transaction, the regular, un-discounted amount was shown in the status and the same amount taken from my account. I have called my bank and they said there is no way of blocking the transaction without calling eHarmony.

Original review: June 3, 2019

I have had an eHarmony account twice about 4 years apart - both times I had to cancel my subscription 3-4 times over the course of 8-12 months before they would stop charging my credit card (finally because I would cancel it and get a new one - then they would say, "Ok your profile is closed and you won’t be charged further") - neither time did they refund the unauthorized charges and denied my attempts to close the account. I would choose any other dating platform if I were you. The matches I found on eHarmony were also not a good fit either time which was surprising. My best matches were 4-6 hours away. And to my surprise there were just as many “hook up only” profiles on there as POF... so don’t be fooled into thinking they are more serious just because they paid for the account - they just aren’t as young, lol.

The search options they have are very limited and restricting so you have almost zero room for error or you could be one click away from finding a better match but have no way of getting there. It is also very difficult to change a lot of your original answers (that take a long time to fill out) so if you change and grow as a person your profile will not reflect it. Same goes for all the other profiles. You will have to create a whole new one and risk paying for 2 accounts for months to come. So your “matches” aren’t necessarily all that matchy. As one of the more expensive platforms out there - it is not the best set up or bang for your buck. Don’t get me wrong. 1/10 people reading this may have luck - the other 9 will wish they took my advise. Finding love shouldn’t come with a massive headache or price tag. Choose a better platform.

Original review: June 1, 2019

I joined eHarmony and Match at the same time. In four months I have had one prospect contact me through eHarmony. The only updates I have had were if someone posted a change to his profile. The images at the top showing my matches have not changed since I joined! My account seems nearly frozen in time. During that same time, with Match.com I have had dozens of matches, with the same profile photo, match criteria and profile narrative. On Match.com I may get as many as 20 or more profile views on any given day, with new matches to consider all the time. Every single day I check Match.com since there is something new to consider. I regret spending money on eHarmony. Caveat emptor!

eHarmony response

Dear P,

Thank you for your feedback. WE're very sorry to hear you've not been happy with your experience on the site. I'd love the opportunity to see what we can do to improve your experience. Please email us from the email address on your account and I'll be happy to see what I can do for you.

Original review: May 23, 2019

I signed up with eHarmony for 6 months since that seemed to be the shortest sign up time period available. I would be considered to be an above average attractive, educated young woman and after having been on the app for 2 months - I have yet to have a single date. 99.9% of the people who contact me are those with VERY different sensibilities and not compatible. Most of the messages aren't even actual sentences but rather eHarmony generated auto questions.

I wanted to get out of my contract but upon contacting them, I was told my complaints were not valid and would not be accepted. They also said basically I should be trying harder to get dates. Not to be completely crass, but you are telling a girl who is a 8 to "try harder" with guys who are a 2? I get a lot more dates on the free apps on Bumble, etc. Also, I have noticed recently they have stopped sending me ANY matches whatsoever. Honestly this is a scam and I would urge everyone to stay away from it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about eharmony?

Original review: May 14, 2019

This is from a customer who used Eharmony close to 10 years ago, then returned four years ago and has used it the past 12 months. At one time, I loved this site. It helped me to meet someone who has remained a special part of my life, and I literally can't imagine my life without this dear friend in it. I was a real believer. Then I returned to using Eharmony one year ago and was appalled. The site is rampant with fraudulent, scammer profiles. Matches would be pulled constantly with emails sent advising that it was deemed a suspicious or fraudulent profile.

Then came the day I encountered my friend's profile which she hadn't used for YEARS. Understandably upset at the matches I was being spoonfed, I contacted their support. Someone tried to convince me that such things do not happen, that old/unattended profiles are deleted. And that spam profiles are very rare because of the subscription base. Well I have a whole email collection of these notices. These fake profiles comprise the MAJORITY of the responses I've received within 12 months.

Oh and, for the record, I jumped to another online dating site and am doing marvelously, with several ongoing conversations at this moment. I wanted to write this review because I feel personally talked down to and treated like a fool to find out how they parade abandoned profiles or scammers in front of their paying userbase all to create the illusion that they actually having a thriving membership. It's all become window dressing, hiding that most of the real users have long since left EH. Don't get sucked into thinking that because they charge an insane amount of money, that EH is anything more than an inflated scam...real once perhaps, even wonderful...but it's long since turned into a zombie preying upon the legacy of its once respected name.

Original review: May 11, 2019

I had a paid membership on this site for two months, from approximately February 15, 2019 to April 15, 2019. I did not renew thereafter but my profile was still active. Today they closed my account for unknown reasons and sent emails to everyone I ever interacted with that I am some kind of scammer. Well, I soon found out the reason, it seems that a woman I went out once seven weeks ago fabricated some kind of story about me because I did not call her back. I know because she wrote me to gloat about it. I could care less that they closed my account, it is a terrible site with few matches less than three or four hours away, but impugning my character to others with no factual basis is too much. These people are the worst.

Original review: May 9, 2019

So I signed up for a single month and decided I did not like the platform and would not be renewing. Six months later to the day, I was charged $34.99. My first thought was that someone is using my card. How could this be? I contacted customer service which is a true misnomer, there's no "service" anywhere with this department. They take a long time to get back to you and don't fully address your questions so it takes over a week to get any real answers. Apparently, everyone who signs up, regardless for how long is put on auto renewal. eHarmony says this is to "ensure continuous service". They provided me with a link to their ten page Terms of Service stating that "all customers agree to this policy", essentially saying that I should have seen the tiny snippet buried in ten pages of legalese that says unless I disable automatic billing, I will be billed again and it's pretty much tough **.

This is beyond deceptive. It is clear that I only paid for a single month, since when do they offer six month memberships for $34.99? It is clear that I haven't logged onto their site for six months and it is clear that I did not know that my membership would be renewed after six months yet this company refuses to provide a refund. Unreal.

Original review: May 8, 2019

I have been using eHarmony over a month now and have had only 2 matches that I've liked and neither moved past the initial chatting stage. All of my matches were either not someone I'd consider dating or they were super religious (which I am not). If you consider yourself very traditional and very Christian, this is the site for you. If you are not conservative/religious, stay away. You can't even browse matches other than the 3-8 they give you a day, so tough luck there. The worst thing for me is when I tried to cancel and because I signed up for a monthly subscription, they wouldn't cancel until my subscription expires. This is really, slimy!!! I ended up canceling my credit card. If you do use them, use a gift card or something like that to sign up. I've had much, much better luck on free sites.

Original review: May 1, 2019

After a painful divorce, I decided to put myself back out there after it had been a while. After an intense questionnaire, I was only matched with 2 people. Really? After that long quiz and a pricey membership, that’s all? I even live near a highly populated metro area. I talked to 1 guy for about a month. Any time I mentioned us meeting up he kind of dodged the question. I started to wonder if this guy was legit, married or something. Somehow he let it slip that he knew my full name and everything about me. How? He admitted he hacked into my account! He said he works with security fraud and did it to make sure I was a real person and not a fake profile because he had been catfished before. That’s still not okay!

I was really upset that this person was able to get into my account and find out all my information. I contacted eHarmony but they weren’t very helpful. Just apologized. I was so freaked out that I cancelled my membership, blocked this person and had my credit card deactivated just to be safe. If just anyone is able to access your account and information, I don’t want any part of that site and it’s definitely not a trustworthy site. Overall? I think the site is a scam that preys on lonely people.

eHarmony Company Information