eHarmony

Compare Online Dating Websites & Services

Research top Online Dating Websites & Services recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I signed up with eHarmony for 6 months. After 2 months I only had 3 people send me messages and I immediately received an email from eHarmony each time stating that my matches account has been closed for fraudulent or compromised activity and then my account was hacked and had to be closed. I did at least get my money back.

My latest match was from someone stating he met his match but his friend who is not on eHarmony saw my profile on his computer and wanted to try to connect us. He had a California phone number but claimed to have recently relocated to Florida. Originally from Poland moved here after wife died of cancer, owns his own business, very honest, caring, romantic blah blah blah. Knew all the right things to say. He actually sent me pictures and when I ran them through Google images (image finder) his picture came up on a German romance scammer website. I called him on it and had a big blow out. I don't believe eHarmony does enough to protect their clients. Not worth the aggravation and heartache.

In the past month I have tried eHarmony hoping being older and looking for something long term that this would be a good fit. I am a single mom in my mid 30's. I only was matched with either 20 something or men in their 50's. We would have similar interest, but they would be things like animals or food. I like workout, and do a lot outdoor. Most of them looked like they had never been to a gym ever. I explained to the customer service about my frustrations and he acted like it was my fault. "Well you could add more pictures." I'm sorry 8+ isn't enough.

Then I would him about my matches and how off they were. He again made it seem like it was my fault, "Well you selected things as not too important." The reason because your site told me I would have better luck if I have moved it from very important to some what important. The bottom line is they need to add if you are an active subscriber. That way you aren't wasting your time on old accounts that are like spam bots of hope.

I joined on 7-8-17 and in 3 weeks had zero emails from E-harmony or any member. I log on and there are no messages. I called them to cancel and get a full refund. They refused and said I need to log on regularly to "refresh", and then I would get new matches. I said that there was never any instruction to do so when I joined, and they never disclosed how they help people connect with one another. They don't help. It is all on each person to reach out and make the first contact.

Zoosk and others of the same type of service provide tools to their members that make it all easier, which makes you less vulnerable because they have "daily matches" and "carousel" sent to your email and then you view different potential matches and mark "yes" or "no" as to if you want to meet that person. They, in turn, are getting the same. So when two people say "yes" to one another, you get an email from Zoosk that you both have some interest in each other. That breaks the ice and makes it easier to contact each other because you already know there is some interest. E-harmony has no tools whatsoever. They charge more than double what most dating services charge and they don't disclose how it operates.

If you are not happy they keep every penny and refuse to refund. Then, they will send you fake profile of someone interested to appease you, as you had threatened to cancel and dispute the charge with your Visa. This happened to me. The very next day after I called to cancel I get a message, when I logged on, from a very handsome man that looked like he stepped out of GQ magazine with 6 pack abs standing with his shirt off on a surf board. I email him, did he really send me the smiley face and "HI" as I was suspicious that E-harmony sent it. He never answered me, and the next day his profile was no longer available and now the message is missing.

It is fraudulent what E-harmony is doing in sending fake members as being interested. They just send the smiling face only, as they don't write any message. Clearly, it is done from E-harmony. I accused them of this and wanted a refund and they refuse. I have disputed it with my Visa and will report them as well. It is a total SCAM. Don't waste your time with E-harmony. Try Zoosk or Plenty of Fish or other services over them. All they do is take your money and offer no assistance in finding matches. Rip Off!!

I signed up one month ago with eHarmony. eHarmony reached out to me and said they were removing someone from my profile due to suspicious activity. I have not connected with anyone the entire month. I called to cancel my subscription and was I only had 3 days after registering to cancel. That's ridiculous!! Who can make a decision about online dating within 3 days?They should give you at least a 30 day trial and allow you to cancel. I just closed my account and made it inactive but I am still being charged until I complete the payments. This company "supposedly" has an amazing reputation but they wont let you go if you stay with them more than 3 DAYS!! I would not recommend this company for online dating. Don't do it!!!

Hey let's just rob people in the fake attempt to connect them with ANYONE. We'll give them matches out of their area, too tall, and just say we give the most matches. Technically true if you consider all the information that's not able to be selected. Of course you get a god damn gigantic pool of matches but how many of those are really matches? On mine, I've been a member for over a year. A year of checking in every now and then and messaging people. Guess how many people messaged me or even messaged me back? 1. 1 out of like 200 messages over the course of a year. This is garbage.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about eHarmony.com?

I am not impressed with eHarmony at all. Not worth the money. Once you sign up you are not able to close your account until your paid through time expires. Out of all the matches I received in 6 months maybe 5 were actually someone I would be interested in. I'm not sure all of the profiles were even real. The only time I tell received a good quantity of matches was when I tried to deactivate my account.

I joined eHarmony and paid for a year’s subscription. I was using it for just over a month when I received notification my account had been cancelled. No reason given. When I complained and asked them to refund the rest of the year I was told they have the right to cancel an account at any time with no refund due as in their it's and c's. So basically if you want to spend £138 for 1 month of trawling through some pretty shocking matches (the ** seller was the highlight... and no I'm not joking!) then this is the site for you. If you want to receive an actual service for your money then I'd use another site!

Please do not sign up with this site!!! First, the site sent me matches with the people I would never connect and after a week being there I only got two question from old guys!? Second, I signed up for 6 months and after the week I realized that I do not want to be there, I cancelled my subscription online but I was not able to close my account due to two installments must come up before I close my account. This is **! Why should anyone pay for something that they are not using??? I called eHarmony customer service and they refused to cancelled two upcoming payments. They stated that I exceeded the cancellation window. I went to read the agreement and the agreement gives three days to cancel and you have to send a letter to them to CA to cancel. This is not even enough to complete and cancel on time. THEY ARE SCAMMERS! DO NOT SIGN UP WITH THE SITE AND GET RIPPED OFF!!!

Having seen the adverts for this site, I decided it looked safe and responsible. How very disappointing. Matched with very few men out of my criteria, and advised to EXTEND my criteria to gain more matches! Totally impractical. Beware - save your money and avoid!

A few months ago, my account at eHarmony was hacked. They immediately closed my account. I was without service for close to 2 weeks. Also, I was made to open a whole new account. They would not allow me to use any part of the older account including the questionnaire I had filled out. Today, for some reason, they turned off or closed my account again. This time there was no explanation provided. I was informed it would be 3 to 5 business days before the account was restored. This is totally unsatisfactory. To make matters worse, I had to wait 30 minutes before a company representative answered my phone call.

My account was hijacked. eHarmony disabled my account. I was told I would get no refund for the $89 I paid for my subscription. They did welcome me to open a new account and pay again to join using a different email. They also apologized for the security issue on their servers and wanted me to know they were working on it so innocent members would not be affected in the future. They can kiss my... Do not use eHarmony.

I've been on this site for about 6 weeks and it's a joke. I've several conversations with "someone" who gives a story that is so unbelievable. Most conversations end with them blaming me for not being truly interested in them when I just ask questions. One even accused me of blackmail when I asked who was I really talking to. The best one is two separate guys using a similar description of their life or "my friend met his wife on this website and suggested it to me". Give me a break! Again when you try to cancel the subscription, eHarmony will stop the matches and stop the auto renewal, but my profile is still out there. And no refunds! DO NOT use this online service. It's a scam.

It is my second time trying to use this site and this is not what they advertise, I prefer to meet singles in Charlotte area and even when I create my profile and indicated my preferences they keep matching me with singles in FL, MN, NJ... every where in USA and they keep and send those profiles from singles I passed on because I am not interested, over and over again. I've been there for 2 weeks now and I'm being receiving the same profiles so I am ready to throw 30.00 dollars in the garbage, cause I signed for a special of 3 months. Please, don't waste your time AND MONEY in this scam!

First let's start with the warm, safe commercials that they play on the television. All the happy people talking about the wonderful matches. I didn't care about money or looks, I was raised to look for what counts, what's inside. I asked for within an hour from my location. I was matched with men that were old rich men! When I didn't jump to date them I was sent emails that basically said I was too picky! I said I would date a man ten years younger and up to ten years older than myself. They repeatedly sent me letters that wanted me to date much further away and expand my age boundaries.

1st man - We wrote and then he sent me his phone number and said he wanted me to call him. I didn't want to give him my cell number so I suggested we meet for coffee first during the day. He became agitated and said "why won't you give me your number?" I said "why won't you meet me?" Then I received an alert from eHarmony. His account had been cancelled due to reasons they would not disclose. I wrote that I felt uncomfortable and wanted to know why. They ignored me and sent me more horrible matches.

2nd man - Now this is going on for months and I have realized that I have been ripped off by eHarmony. They have horrible customer service and send only ridiculous real matches and most are on the free program and send you their phone number so they don't have to pay for the service... no way! I receive an email from a local man who is interesting and actually wants to meet. We make plans and when on the Saturday for the date he says that he will meet me at the restaurant at 4:30, but he'll call me on the way. 4:30 rolls around and nothing. After several calls and four hours later I'm waiting in the entrance of the restaurant when someone says my name and I turn to a man much shorter than I and over 200 pounds heavier than his picture!

I really didn't care about appearances but health and being able to go for a walk or do any activity was not possible. I went in and had dinner, which he would eat, just sat and watched me eat. When we walked out to the car I turned to see where he was and he was trying to maneuver the curb. I felt sorry for him but I play sports, swim, and go for long walks. I wrote that I needed someone that could be physically active, but didn't need to be a jock. I felt that this relationship was doomed. He started it with lies.

3rd man - Now it's going on 8 months and only one date, that was horrible. I receive an email from a man who is local, within an hour’s drive, and he seems interesting. We start writing and guess what he starts to want my phone number. I tell him that I have had bad experiences on eHarmony and I want to meet first before I give my phone number. He is so nice and wants only to take me out but he lives a hectic life and doesn't want to leave me at a restaurant waiting if he is stuck in traffic. I stupidly give him my number and now the emails change! I notice that the grammar is different and the spelling is not as it was in the pre-phone number emails. Then the email from eHarmony saying he has been cancelled! I feel so ripped off! AGAIN! So $145 dollars has gotten me two scary creeps, one with my phone number and another who is a liar and 200 pounds heavier than his old picture posted.

There were so many matches all claiming to be over 90% matches of my perfect man that were crazy and one loser who said he was 60 and looked 90 and asked me for "pictures" because he was on the fence about asking me out! Creepy old dirty men, liars, married men from out of state that want a business trip hook up, and scary men that eHarmony themselves even cancel their accounts. UNSAFE is the final word on eHarmony. Women beware!

I signed up on a 3 month special. I figured, I have sampled all the other singles websites... might as well try eHarmony. The first month, I connected with one man. Turned out to be a scammer... In the first month, I received 5 emails from eHarmony advising me so-and-so match's account was closed by eHarmony... They won't disclose why because of privacy issues... Whatever! eHarmony must figure out Prob thru other complaints that these idiots are scamming older women... When I would not give him money, he got rude and pissy... hilarious because yesterday you wanted to marry me... WATCH OUT!!

I, as many others, with I reviewed here before joining eHarmony! I subscribed for 3 mo and 1 mo in I am ready to get out! Although they do not refund your $. PROS: Staff responded fairly quickly to a complaint I sent and included quite a bit of information (although not helpful). I asked why I was not being contacted but seeing many reviewing my profile. CONS: NO option to HIDE/Suspend your Profile (if you are traveling, taking a break, etc.).

So far VERY FEW match what I setup to look for. Most who contacted me were out of my range of my search. eHarmony's suggestion was to add more pictures (more than 4?) and to be patient (lol). SOON after they replied, I all of a sudden saw many emails coming in! Funny. Summary: I found the application limited as well as in more of eHarmony's control vs mine. If they want you to have patience until your subscription ends (or auto renews if you have not turned that OFF!, then we have all contributed to their scam.

I've been on the site for about two weeks and I too wish I had read the reviews before joining. As everyone else has stated you are sent matches daily and none of them respond to you. I too am attractive and educated and could not understand why I only receive 2 profile views and no responses to smiles, hellos or questions I sent to several matches. Don't spend your money, it's a waste!

This will be my 3rd attempt in with this dating outfit, and it is a raw deal. They are not honest, nor do they provide any kind of customer service. The tech support people are rude with no help to assist one in their dating journey. Save your time and money, and go about it the old fashion way. Be bold and look for the right person to complete you with your own abilities. Only you know what you want in potential mate, not an online love network. Good Luck!

I am writing thing in hopes that someone that is about to sign up for this site will read the reviews and think twice before joining eHarmony! You have better luck going to a bar! One would think that after going through all of the "psychological" matching questions that you would find someone that at least shared common interests. The matches I received and I were completely incompatible and were nothing closed to what I expressed in my questionnaire.

I became so fed up that I canceled after 6 months. I was told that there was no cancellation in the system. Not true. I then called to see why I was still being billed and they said I never canceled... Lies. In the same conversation I was told that I was billed for a whole other year. And that I was paid up. I had to demand that they take down my profile and stop sending me correspondence. I was utterly upset and disappointed at the kind of site this was. Also equally disappointed at the fact that I was billed a entire year without my consent. Do not use this site if you would like a quality dating site. EHarmony is not the go to site if you want to have a quality dating experience.

I didn't like my matches that eHarmony provided, so I decided to cancel within one month. I figured that I would lose some money and after the end of the month I would no longer see matches. However, after I went to "cancel" it only allowed me to stop auto-renewal. I went looking for a customer service number and found none. I did find their contract and re-read the portion of cancellations. When I signed up I read most of this paragraph and I guess I didn't read the last sentence. Through the entire paragraph it says you can "cancel your membership at any time" but you won't get a refund for what you paid. I understood that. However, the last sentence says that if you are on a 3 part installment plan, you will have to continue to pay. So of course, I had picked a year, as it was the cheapest option and I will be billed $67 for the next two months.

There is a pre-arbitration section, but it says that they have 45 days from the date you mailed the letter (there isn't an electronic option) and then you have to go to standard arbitration before you can take them to court. Since the payments come out within 45 days (remember I am halfway through the first month), they basically stole my money for a service I don't want and are forcing me to stay. The contract also doesn't allow for "class action suits" tying everyone's hands. They are crooks. I will begin this pre-arbitration process. I am going to start writing my letter, but hopefully no one else will fall into this trap.

I joined in August 2016 for 1 year. I'm 50, slender and a professional. Ten months into this, I have been "matched" to 759 men about 1/3 not compatible by eHarmony's own standards and many far too young or old. Yet, most months I get zero views of my profile (check your Activity for "just viewed your profile"). All in I have been contacted by 4 men all more than 250 miles from my home city. This has been a massive waste of time.

But it gets better. I get a scammer: "My names are Chung **, I am 53 years old, I was born on Feb 14th 1964, a nationality of USA But originally from Hong Kong. My dad was from Hong Kong while my mom was from California, and they are both late now. I am a widower. I lost my wife during child birth 8 years ago. I lived in White Plains New York before but after that incident I had to relocate to Bay City Michigan because I lost what I cherished most in my life and since then I have not been a happy man. I am a veterinary physician by profession, I had my degree and Masters Degree in the University of Liverpool, UK. I work in a veterinary clinic as one of the head doctors here in Michigan."

Well, oops! I'm an attorney, recognize a scammer email and know how to check this guy out. There is not one veterinarian in Michigan holding a valid license under the surname ** and no Chung **. And sure enough the pics he sent me can be found by search on Goggle images. eHarmony makes reporting this man very difficult; my email to matchconcerns@eharmony.com was booted back. I feel as if I took on an unpaid job. YUK.

I am so disappointed that I did not look here for reviews before joining. I paid a year in full. They will not return my money. I have encountered numerous scammers and I have only been on the site for about a month. The first scammer called himself LOVE. I asked him why he is giving himself this name. He said, “because I am looking for Love.” DUH!!! Oh Really?! Which of us on the site isn't?! He was full of dreamy compliments. He said he believed he has finally found the one.

He posted only one photo. It was a group of men. You had to guess which one he was. I then asked to see more photos. He was only willing to send photos to an email address. I set up an alternative email. He sent photos. I had to look at them a million times to determine if they were all the same person. On and on. A nice fairy tale. I set up a temporary phone number to talk to him. He insisted that we talk on the phone. Holy Moly! He began the conversation by saying, “I have been sick. I have a high fever.” The intro to start asking for money? I laughed so hard. You could tell he was from a third world country. Sounded NOTHING like his photos.

The next scammer is a guy that wanted my phone number and email right away. When I resisted, he became negative and abusive. He had 2 photos. They did not look like the same person. He told me that my dating must not be going well because of not wanting to give my phone number and email out. Be cautious also of those that only put one photo on the site and who won't put more. Or ask for your email. They are probably scammers. In my opinion, many of these guys aren't active or even checking the site. And boy oh boy there are some real questionable characters. How I got matched with them, I do not know. One of my matches typed the date in which his last day would be on eHarmony. Two weeks had passed from that date. Really angers me!!! The ads on TV with the nice wise looking senior citizen male lure you in. I am feeling scammed! Beware! I am guessing that a class action law suit will be in their future.

I joined about 3 weeks ago. Every day I get 5-7 profiles sent to me. Unlike other people's experiences they are relatively local (no more than 80 miles). I look at each one and the ones that seem like possibles I send a note to (I do not use their canned questions). I rarely get a response and most don't even look at my profile. I do not believe they are actually live profiles. So a few days ago, I started sending out 4-5 emails a day even to people that I thought were marginal. Over a period of 4 days, I sent 20 emails. 2 of the women looked at my profile, one responded. I send nice, respectful emails about things that I actually read in their profiles (I don't just look at the pictures). I am completely convinced that there a very few live users on the site and they send you old, expired profiles of people who left the site some time ago. One match had embedded in her profile that her subscription ended in April 2017 - I got her as a match June 23rd.

I am going to do something similar. A side note, but I don't understand why the few women that appear to be live users don't respond and and say, "Hi but not interested" but they don't they just ignore you. And I'll I read is that there aren't any real men on the site. I understand they may be worried about men who then get aggressive or insulting (absolutely not me) but if guys do that, they can block their profiles. I respond to everyone that reaches out to me if it is even just to say, "Thanks, but I don't think that we are a good match". The site is a joke, the technology is old, and they are committing fraud by using expired profiles. Are any of the other sites any better???

I'm coming to the end of a one year subscription with eHarmony. I expire in July 2017. I am an attractive, professional female. I've only had two dates from this site since July 2016. Needless to say, nothing came of these dates. Since January 2017, as an experiment, I decided to message almost every single match I was sent (with the exception of some profiles I simply deleted for various reasons). I would say that I messaged over 300+ profiles. I don't have an exact number because I stopped taking a tally after I reached 300. Of those profiles, over 75 were not active. I was able to determine this when I tried to send a message and the site wouldn't let me. Had I not messaged these profiles, I would have never known. This site is a waste of money. At times, I was unable to log in. The site seemed to be down, but, I was never notified. I simply could not log on to access my account.

Although my settings were set to send me email notifications, I never received them. I still don't. I only know who messages me when I log on. I'm extremely disappointed. This site was supposed to be different than the others, but, I'm afraid it's not. Might as well go on a free dating site and save your money. The quality of men is horrendous. Men keep complaining that women don't take the initiative, but, when we do, they just ignore us. Ladies, please don't waste your hard earned money. It just doesn't work. This is definitely the last time I will be subscribing to this company. I am extremely dissatisfied with this experience.

I joined eHarmony in February. It is now the end of June, and I've had ONE date prospect contact me! I also joined Match.com at the same time, and I've had a date (or more) nearly every weekend since joining. I don't know how eHarmony can stay in business. What a rip-off!

I joined 3 weeks ago and wish I had been smart enough to read the reviews first. I signed up for a year and after numerous contacts from foreign men and scammers I want out. I got kicked out and cannot log into my account anymore, called the 800 number and tried to cancel my subscription. I am then told I have to log back into my account to cancel my subscription, WHICH I CANNOT DO!!! Somehow I have to stop the remaining two payments from coming out of my acct. automatically. Way to scam everyone eHarmony. :(

I decided to give eHarmony a try and although I signed on for a 3 month membership, was ready to end it after a month. The matches are never accurate and it seems as if they have limited people in their database. I kept all options open and was flexible to the type of men I wanted to interact with. This experience was horrible. I live in a big city and there were hardly any men in the metro area. Everyone they would send me were in different states. At first I was against it but decided to keep an open mind, but the type of men they sent me never matched me. I specifically put my age range between 33-46 and set the importance as Very Important, but I would get sent men who were as mature as 58! I even set my location to be within a few hundred miles from my zip code. I am in the south, why am I getting sent people from Maryland?!

Then, there were many intervals of no one new to my inbox at all. I decided to go ahead and cancel my subscription within the first month to make sure it didn't renew because I am done with this site. I ended up getting on another site because eHarmony sucks. I would NEVER recommend this site to anyone. If I was to get any months for free, I'd still decline. I am so disappointed because I had such high hopes coming in but this site missed the entire mark. It got so bad where I would receive messages from the site stating that it's been a while since I've been active. But, when I returned, it was still the same results. Please, do not sign up. You will be disappointed.

Any woman over the age of 50 should steer clear of eHarmony. The site is full of scammers. The site's screening is nonexistent and password protection would appear to be so as well and scammers seem to be especially keen on older women of faith. I have been a subscriber to your service for almost a year now, and I must tell you that I cannot in good conscience recommend your service. In fact, I would strongly urge anyone, especially women in their fifties, to avoid eHarmony. Your problems with security are egregious, sending a clear message to your subscribers: "anyone can sign up, there is no screening process, and we don't care enough about security to even safeguard your password when you log in."

I spent 25 years overseas, and if there's one thing I can recognize in a heartbeat, it's a second language speaker. eHarmony is being trolled by foreign scam artists (best guess, Russian and Chinese) that are targeting (Christian) women in their 50s (at least from my experience). Maybe they are actually targeting anyone and everyone but older women have historically been a favorite target because of savings, retirement accounts, and divorce settlements.

When I have matches that come up with names like "Believer" (Seriously? That is reminiscent of my years in China when I knew people who took English names like Flower and Red Cloud), and their profile information is limited and in broken English and never contains Q & A responses, it is clear to me that there are no meaningful screening procedures in place. When probably 15-25% of my matches are scammers, and almost half of my messages are from the same, that tells me that eHarmony's greatest value is profit, not the safety and protection, and certainly not the relationship interests, of your subscribers.

In addition, every time I log in, my computer lets me know that my password is going over a non-secure connection and is vulnerable. That is unconscionable. When you consider how many people re-use their passwords, you are an open door to scam artists. It's no wonder your site is flooded. I have emailed you multiple times to let you know of suspicious matches to the extent that I just don't bother anymore. Any service with any integrity would have taken measures long before now. Even a casual internet search reveals that password breaches and trolling have been problems for years with eHarmony. I just wish that I had done more research before joining for two years. For all your company's slick media campaigns, your site does not deliver on its promises. Rather it is a dangerous place for vulnerable men and women. And my guess would be that you are looking at a class action suit sometime down the road.

Their system is old. It's expensive. They have very few "real" matches for you. If they match you - it's with ridiculous people. There is no rhyme or reason to it. I got lots of fake profiles. I was able to figure out by reading the profile, or just doing a search on their photos. Why doesn't eHarmony do that? Because they either can't or won't. It's about your money. Other sites are much better, trust me on that. So I paid around $300+ and I get matches from non-paying fake profiles on this site. The odds of meeting someone here are astronomical. Should be closed. Spend your money on a lottery ticket instead, if you win - the matches will flock to you.

I have found that most of the men who contact me have the same story. They beloved wife died and their only child was tragically killed or lives overseas. These men claim to be well to do, and they work from home. There is no way to verify or trace them. They all claim to be honest, loving and been hurt in the past and have so much love to give. They are so full or flowery compliments and talk way too much about feelings and how they are the perfect man. The first thing they tell you is that their subscription is finished today, so they find a way to give you their email address to try and get you off site, and only then do they send you pictures which are fake. And the rest of the men are usually halfway across the country or in the USA. I find eHarmony to be way more expensive and definitely not worth any amount. Stick to POF or another site, stay away from this one. I wish I had read of reviews before they scammed me into joining this site.

Expert Review

Mark BrooksOnline Dating & Matchmaking Contributing Editor

Harvard Business School graduate, Mark Brooks, has been an expert in the Internet dating business since 1998. He is currently the CEO of Courtland Brooks, a consultancy agency for the Internet dating industry, and runs OnlinePersonalsWatch.com. He prides himself on being a New Media Futurist and can be reached at LinkedIn.    More about Mark→

eHarmony is the largest dating site geared specifically towards long-term relationships and marriage minded singles. They claim to be responsible for over 500 new marriages every day in the US.

• In-depth entry questionnaire: eHarmony asks all of its members a little more than 300 multiple choice questions before allowing them to enter into their ranks. This in-depth questionnaire is geared at giving the site enough information to help provide you with qualified potential matches.
  • No Searching: In sharp contrast to other dating sites, eHarmony does not allow members to search directly for matches. Instead, it uses the answers from the questionnaire to provide you with a selection of daily matches that should be compatible with your needs and desires in a partner.
  • Guided Communication: Instead of sending off an email or wink like you would do on most sites, eHarmony takes members through 4 steps of guided communication before allowing you to continue with open communication with a new match. The guided communication is designed to help assure compatibility and that you don't waste energy on bad matches.
  • Best for People looking for long-term relationships and marriage.

Compare Online Dating Websites & Services