eHarmony

eHarmony Reviews

3.8/5 (2643 ratings)
Find an Online Dating Sites partner
Banner image

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

About eHarmony Reviews

Los Angeles-based eharmony launched in the United States in 2000 with its patented Compatibility Matching System® which allows eharmony members to be matched with compatible persons with whom they are likely to enjoy a long-term relationship.

Banner image

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

eHarmony Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about eHarmony?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about eharmony?

Original review: Sept. 20, 2022

I used this dating website about 11 years ago and thought it as the premier dating site for people who was seriously looking and wanted to be safe. Format designed now is just to take as much money as they can and give you nothing!

Original review: Sept. 17, 2022

For reasons I cannot go into I organised eHarmony subscription for my son. I am no expert at it however I needed to give him a prompt or I should say I felt I was doing him a favour. I signed up thinking it was a monthly debit however the trickery in their marketing I did not realise it was a one off deduction for over AUD 400!!!! I was shocked to see this so I tried and tried and tried to find a way to contact them without getting the generic robot response. When I did I was told, "Sorry no refund," even though my son adamantly refused to take on the subscription.

I asked them, "What if he met the girl of his dreams in the first month?" Why can't I cancel subscription instead of hide it. I would not want my partner having a profile hidden or not while we are together. TO me there is no commitment then. My son did not even use the site nor will he ever and I will never see my money again. The point of this story is they are scammers and will take your money and too bad if you meet someone or for some reason you are unable to use....You never see it again. eHARMONY IS A TOTAL RIP OFF AND A SCAM.

Get buying tips about Online Dating Sites and Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2022

I accidentally selected a payment that apparently was selecting to pay 12 months in 1 payment ($371.36) but I thought I was paying 14.95 on time for one month. Realized my mistake within minutes and they are refusing to refund me any money. Absolute crooks! I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS SITE AT ALL!!!!

Original review: Sept. 16, 2022

I will give you zero for a rating. I cancelled your service less than 24 hours but I only got my full refund from you after I involved my bank to intervene with a chargeback. Next time don't give your customers false advertisement and convoluted terms of agreement.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2022

Signing up with eHarmony was a HUGE mistake. I was limited on how long I wanted to sign up for and picked the least amount of time. When I kept getting charged by eHarmony, I reached out to them via email and they said I was paying for the year subscription. I know I DID NOT sign up for a year! They said there was nothing I could do and no money would be refunded. PLUS I couldn't just delete my account I had to request it be deleted. WHAT A RIP-OFF eHarmony is. It is a shame they used to be so highly recommended. BUYER BEWARE!

Original review: Sept. 9, 2022

eHarmony's marketing practices are designed to coerce people to pay for an expensive subscription. They blur out other accounts initially that allegedly try to contact you and you cannot see them or communicate unless you pay an expensive subscription fee that runs far over what most other sites charge, and they have no short term options to try to see if you like the site. Once you have done so and the accounts are fully visible you find out that there are hardly any accounts in your metro area which in my case is the San Francisco Bay Area in California with over 7 million people. When I seek matches in my area I get fewer than 20 people in spite of the fact that this is a hugely populated metropolitan area. Almost all my matches were over 100 miles away. There were many of those 19 matches where there was no picture at all, and the rest were not compatible in education, income, or any other interests.

I had already paid for 1 year, and when I cancelled after just two weeks, their customer service team said I would owe them for the remainder of the annual subscription, even after deleting my account. I have used other dating sites and have never had this issue before - where there simply are barely any people in my area in the same age range and economic/education level as me. I am an attractive and athletic woman and I've had no trouble finding agreeable matches on other sites in the past. eHarmony's response to my complaint is that I should widen my preferences for acceptable matches. But I've already widened these aside from the fact that I don't want to date someone long distance! This was not clearly advertised at the time of purchase.

This is extremely unprofessional, coercive, and predatory. They can't deliver what they say they will, and I'm paying almost $200 for a site I can't use. I complained and received a response that did not answer my questions, nor were they at all willing to stop charging me for the remainder of the year. I think their responses are all the same for anyone asking for a refund. DON'T use this dating site!!

Original review: Sept. 8, 2022

Don’t waste your time or money. All the women they show on this site even though you delete keep reappearing. They live far from you & the ones that live close never respond back. If it looks too good to be true, it is.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2022

This horrid dating site will never find a match for you and only steal your money. I asked for my money back less than one day after joining and they said I owe 315.00... In the state of California there are consumer laws that protect us. If you cancel within 72 hours, a full refund is to be given...these jerks said no so I'm calling my credit card company and report them as scam...it's a huge scam to steal money and provide services that never happen. There aren't enough people on this scandalous site to warrant them to charge an arm and a leg for their benefit. ***BUYER BEWARE***

Original review: Sept. 6, 2022

The CEO behind eHarmony is evil. Someone signed up with my info. I was charged over $300. The company did not care to refund, even though I immediately contacted them. PayPal took their side as well. Such a fraud company taking advantage of others with huge unknown charges. I called PayPal again - finally received my full refund. Today eharmony sent me an email stating I owe them $300. $300 for nothing?!!! Are they kidding me?? This was a fraud transaction. Now I see others are getting scanned too by this company. It’s so awful especially through Covid & job losses. People are being scammed by this company. Don’t give up. Get your money back! This company needs to be shut down for fraud transactions.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2022

eHarmony is a scam. They do not have the quality or quantity of matches you would expect from a pay dating site. Honestly, the free ones like OKcupid or Bumble are much better. They do not let you quit the service and they try to pursue the entire term of payment whether it be 3 months or 6 months. I had to cancel my credit card and I explained I wasn't going to pay for a service that doesn't provide what it says it will. They plan on referring the disputed amount to a credit collection company. I'm not paying them. They insist they are a good dating site. It may have been good at one time. Not anymore. What a scam.

eharmony author review by Mark Brooks

eHarmony is the largest dating site geared specifically towards long-term relationships and marriage minded singles. They claim to be responsible for over 500 new marriages every day in the US.

• In-depth entry questionnaire: eHarmony asks all of its members a little more than 300 multiple choice questions before allowing them to enter into their ranks. This in-depth questionnaire is geared at giving the site enough information to help provide you with qualified potential matches.

• No Searching: In sharp contrast to other dating sites, eHarmony does not allow members to search directly for matches. Instead, it uses the answers from the questionnaire to provide you with a selection of daily matches that should be compatible with your needs and desires in a partner.

• Guided Communication: Instead of sending off an email or wink like you would do on most sites, eHarmony takes members through 4 steps of guided communication before allowing you to continue with open communication with a new match. The guided communication is designed to help assure compatibility and that you don't waste energy on bad matches.

by Mark Brooks Online Dating & Matchmaking Advisor

Harvard Business School graduate, Mark Brooks, has been an expert in the Internet dating business since 1998. He is currently the CEO of Courtland Brooks, a consultancy agency for the Internet dating industry, and runs OnlinePersonalsWatch.com. He prides himself on being a New Media Futurist and can be reached at LinkedIn.

eHarmony Company Information