eHarmony
eHarmony
1.14/5
Based on 161 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

eHarmony Reviews

Los Angeles-based eharmony (www.eharmony.com) launched in the United States in 2000 with its patented Compatibility Matching System® which allows eharmony members to be matched with compatible persons with whom they are likely to enjoy a long-term relationship.

Customer Care Information:

Email Support: UserSupport@eharmony.com

Hours: 24 Hours, 7 Days a Week

Chat Support: www.eharmony.com/chat

Hours: 8am - 5pm Pacific, Monday - Friday

Refund Policy: Regarding the Singles Service, the buyer, may cancel the Agreement, without any penalty or obligation, at any time prior to midnight of the third business day following the date of Agreement, excluding Sundays and holidays.

Read More Read More
Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Last updated: April 23, 2018

2015 eHarmony Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 23, 2018

This dating site with the clever TV ads is never rated high on any independent ratings board reason being well first they Don’t actually care, they are really struggling in a marketplace that has quickly exploded with better, more affordable and more accessible sites out there offering vastly improved services. My advice to ANYONE considering online dating is to DO your research first from sites like these that in no way benefit from the companies being reviewed. My personal experience with eHarmony was so bad I actually had to file a restraining order against the guy I went out on a date with. Briefly stated the guy had posted a fifteen year old picture that depicted a younger and thinner (by about 180lbs) person. The guy then became abusive physically and the whole experience Has left me with a clear physical scar that shall remind me for the rest of my life not to trust what people say in a dating profile.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: April 19, 2018

I too wish I would’ve seen these reviews prior to subscribing for a year, paying three installments, mind you that they charged within the first three months. There are minimal selections of matches and the same people are shown over and again. My selected criteria is not paid attention to; they are of various ages and from other cities. I have tried to call and cancel, yet not I’m not allowed to, and the supervisor is busy. I am very very dissatisfied. I feel like this is a scam, and I hope that one day someone who is legally savvy will hold them accountable, as I will truly back advocate for accountability in whatever way I identify.

Hi Lisa,

I'm very sorry to hear you've had any dissatisfaction with your matches and the service. It sounds like your Match Preferences may not be optimally set. I'd like try and help improve your experience on the site. Please reach out to me at membercare@eharmony.com from the email address on your eharmony account.

Regards,

Scott

Customer Care

Get the news you need delivered right to you!

Join over 300,000 subscribers and receive the latest expert advice, consumer news, and recall notices in your inbox.

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Resolution In Progress
Original review: April 17, 2018

I wish I would have seen these reviews prior to signing up. Now I’m on the hook for a one year subscription. Most days I don’t receive any matches. When I do, most don’t even live in the same city as I do or are outside the age range and specified. When I contacted them, they told me to be patient. Easy for them to say now that they have my money. Suggest looking at other sites.

Dear Cheryl,

My name is Scott and I'm very sorry to hear you've had any issues with your Match Preferences. I'd love to try and help resolve your concerns by taking a deeper look at your account. Please reach out to me at membercare@eharmony.com from the email address associated with your account and I'll be happy to do what I can to improve your experience.

Sincerely,

Scott

Customer Care

Original review: April 14, 2018

I am glad I had a chance to read all of these (tons of) complaints and I agree with them - cannot help but wondering how can these unethical business practice is permitted in this law abiding country? Our integrity should be compromised with money. I signed up for special promotion at $6.95/month for 3 months but I haven't received anything, beside they charged over $21.45 (?) already on my credit card before 3 month is up - no communication from eHarmony. I didn't know what's going on (?). Made me wondering "Is this ghost company?"

So, I called them (I had hard long time to find their cust. svc. #) and complained. They told me that they will give me two more months for free. I called for several times to TURN OFF AUTOMATIC RENEW and I made sure that they will send me the confirmation e-mail and I got it (however, it took a lot of frustration to go through). I am very sorry what previous subscribers had to go through but it helps other people. Now, I know that I am going to call my credit card co. to block further charges from these companies. I feel it's safe to go with **.

Original review: April 13, 2018

No telephone contact allowed with supervisors of customer service. The company edits and monitors profiles and software associated with this program. I tested this and verified that on my profile. I would NOT recommend this site to anyone, it has been exasperating. Problems getting a password correctly set up took several weeks and several emails. The software is only as good as the input. People should be able to use and modify input at will, this is not is allowed. I tried to cancel my subscription, but because I couldn't log back into my account due to password errors on their end, I was told too bad, so sad in the most polite way.

I read the other reviews about this company, my experience is the same, errors are repeated and not corrected. I no trust or faith in this company. I will tell everyone I know about my negative experience and I plan on posting more negative reviews as time permits me to do so on any place I am allowed. The ONLY thing to make it "right" by me is IF they would cut me a refund and cancel my subscription. I am not interested in any more emails. I do have made hard copies of some communications that verify my horrible communication experience. I would be happy to send them via snail mail. Just send me an address.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about eharmony?

Original review: April 13, 2018

I am very dissatisfied with a dating site that from the TV advertising would be true to what it states. I love that commercial and it made me hopeful in joining. Not one email. I was to have matches sent to me every day. Zero. Not one date or interest. Who wants to date someone hundreds of miles away. I can't even plan for that. It is unsafe for us women. I am so disappointed. Sorry eHarmony. You don't live up to what singles are expecting.

eHarmony response

Hi Alexis - We can help with your match counts and settings. It sounds like you may have Match Importance set to Somewhat or Not Important on your account. Would you mind contacting us at membercare@eharmony.com?

Original review: April 8, 2018

The eHarmony website doesn't recognize I am already a member. It will only allow me access to the beginning of the profile page each time I log in. It has been this way for two weeks. The "help" page is insufficient in its scope to deal with this problem. I have already paid for this service and have no access to it. There does not appear be a technical support page other than help with password reset issues and simple problems.

eHarmony response

Hi Melissa - It sounds like you may have multiple accounts with us. Contact me at membercare@eharmony.com and we can look into this for you. Please include any and all email addresses you may have used for our service. Thanks!

Original review: April 8, 2018

I have been unable to login to their website for over a month because the password has somehow been changed again and the website does not give a response back. I have had my account hacked twice so a hacker could take advantage of women on the website. I am presently concerned that my profile has been hacked again a third time. If you visit the website you notice they don't have contact information easily found on their pages if you have problems. Almost all of the content on the pages is sales content full of promises. After they obtained my banking information it was hard or impossible to cancel the account or get service. The matching concept they have is good or better than many of the other services.

But it must have changed or something has happened to the company. When I had a security, complaint or safety problem I never got a response. I am afraid all you can do is change your debit card to stop the payments. The website is about the 4th largest dating service and promises to match based on compatibility. However I was constantly reminded that I should increase the range on my profile to people 50-100 miles away to give more matches due to their lack of members. Overall I have felt the service was outrageously bad and the company poorly managed for what should be a very good dating service. It feels like they are so bent on profit they fail to offer service or even safety for their members. The company was a good or better concept but I feel it is now not even safe or functional.

eHarmony response

Nick - We'll look into this right away. Can you please contact me at membercare@eharmony.com and include your email address, full name and DOB? We'll use this information to locate, and verify, your account. Thanks!

Original review: April 5, 2018

I am very disappointed in eHarmony. There are very few if any new matches. It appears that many of the matches are no longer available. Why are their pictures there if they are no longer on the site? There has been 1 response in 2 weeks. That was to tell me I lived too far away to have a relationship. Funny... eHarmony encouraged me to expand my radius. I do NOT recommend this site. I will NOT be renewing at the end of my 3 months.

Original review: April 5, 2018

I was hesitant to sign up eHarmony but I gave it a try as they offered me a discounted price. But then they only send me 1 match per week, occasionally 2 if the week is very lucky or they just repeat sending me the same matches. Most of the matches they sent me are so off my compatibility: blue collar, from other remote towns, out of my required age range of 15 years (I’m an educated early 30 professional living in a big city in the West Coast). Even more depressing thing is: 99% of the matches they sent me are inactive.

I have only gotten 1 or 2 responses during 2 months while my exact same profile on other dating sites received so many responses. This only makes me think eHarmony either intentionally drags your time finding love so you will have to pay for more time, or eHarmony simply doesn’t have enough members in their database. Today eHarmony is not what they claim to be. They might be something a decade ago but not anymore today. Don’t believe their fake reviews from their associated writers; believe the reviews on ConsumerAffairs.com. Been tested!!! I’d rate them no star if I could.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: April 4, 2018

I regret signing up for the six month membership. There’s literally nobody in the United States in my matches that’s willing to do long distance dating that I’m interested in. One guy I thought was going to work out then I found out he was only looking for a hookup. The choices of matches I receive are just as bad as OkCupid, but the difference is I only pay about three dollars a month for OkCupid, when on the other hand I’m paying about sixty dollars a month overtime.

Called you guys and asked for a refund only to be told that I cannot get a refund & that you can have a month of free service. But damn it, can’t wait to get off. Steer clear from this site, these people they put on there are either not going to be your type or are looking for anything else except long term dating. If you’re looking for alternative dating sites here’s what I recommend: Match, Zoosk, Tinder, Coffee Meets Bagel, Bumble, Christian Mingle, Chemistry, Or the other ones that maybe not be so popular but still give better results.

eHarmony response

Hello Lauren, I’d love to help address your concerns. Please feel free to reach out to me at membercare@eharmony.com and be sure to write from the email address associated with your eharmony account.

Original review: April 3, 2018

I created an account and took the time to fill out my profile to find that I only have a handful of matches and only 1 that is remotely near me. I have much better luck with other dating apps like POF and Tinder than eHarmony. It is definitely not worth the purchase and way overpriced in my opinion. I am even embarrassed that I have wasted my hard earned dollars on this website.

eHarmony response

Hi Kim, I’d love to help address your concern regarding the lack of matches. I would be grateful for an opportunity to not only review your settings parameters but to improve your overall experience. Please reach out to me at membercare@eharmony.com from the email address associated with your account.

Original review: April 3, 2018

I was recommended this site on a podcast. I signed up, unfortunately for a long subscription tired of other dating sites and all the dishonest people. It's the worse one yet! It gives you about 1-3 matches a week who are completely out of my preferences, but people who would probably love it if I were to contact them. Out of my age range, distance range and not attractive at all. Who sets up these things?

eHarmony response

Hi Stevie, I’d love to help address your concern regarding your lack of matches, I would be grateful for an opportunity to improve your overall experience. Please reach out to me at membercare@eharmony.com from the email address associated with your account.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: April 2, 2018

I joined eHarmony in January and have had 2 responses and both were men soliciting for money. When I went to the site to write a comment, there is no place to do so. I sent a message to their media dept and have not heard back. This is an outright scam artist looking for women to send them money, and I'm talking 350K, I have the emails to prove this and more.

eHarmony response

Diane - Can you please give us some more details at membercare@eharmony.com? We'd like to look into this for you. Thanks!

Resolution In Progress
Original review: March 31, 2018

I sign up for eHarmony on 30 March 2018 and has been charged. I really dissatisfy with the matches. I want to cancel my account and want to refund, but it cannot be cancel through iTunes. So, I email to membercare@eharmony.com but I haven’t got any response from them. My cancellation has been done within window period (3 days), so I need to refund.

eHarmony response

Hi Patchrain, with respect, we have responded, please check your messages.

Original review: March 30, 2018

Not hardly any emails, not one date and I am locked into 6 months and being charged hundreds of dollars. I have had a lot more success from POF, Match and OK Cupid. They would not let me cancel even though I was terribly dissatisfied.

eHarmony response

Hi Kristina, I’d love to help address your concern regarding communication and would be grateful for an opportunity to improve your overall experience. Please reach out to me at membercare@eharmony.com from the email address associated with your account.

Original review: March 30, 2018

I have had an account for some time and I don’t get any matches close to what I want. Also I can go a long time about hearing anything from the account by then 3 days before my subscription is up I suddenly get a bunch of matches and updates. I not stupid. I know that’s part of the plan. I didn’t have a chance to not go through with the cancellation process but I much prefer Christian Mingle or even Match to this website. Everything they say is a lie.

eHarmony response

Hi Donna, I’d love to help address your concern regarding lack of matches and would be grateful for an opportunity to improve your overall experience. Please reach out to me at membercare@eharmony.com from the email address associated with your account.

Original review: March 30, 2018

eHarmony is the 4th major dating site I have signed up to use, and without a doubt, it is by far the worst dating site and I am profoundly disappointed compared to Match, Our Time, and Zoosk. It charges more than twice what the other sites charge, their advertising is very misleading, and my experience with the site has been astonishingly disappointing. They advertise a unique matching process which leads to more desirable matches as a result, which is false and not true. I have found their matches to be 98% absolutely useless.

I contacted eHarmony 8 days after signing on to request some sort of partial refund and cancellation to which they refused any sort of remedy. I have never written a review before for any product or service, but felt I had to in this case. My personal opinion of eHarmony is that it is overpriced and not any better than any other much more reasonably priced dating site out there. I would never in good conscience recommend it to anyone, or renew the membership.

eHarmony response

Hi Debbie, all Subscriptions come with a 3-business day refund window. You are absolutely eligible for a refund If you contacted us within that timeframe. If you are outside of the eligibility window, we’d still love an opportunity to help you make the most out of the time remaining on your subscription and possibly address any concerns or questions you may have regarding your experience. Please reach out to me at membercare@eharmony.com from the email address associated with your account.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: March 29, 2018

The company eHarmony does NOT provide service to anyone in CANADA! They only give you a few matches from the UNITED STATES that haven’t actually used their service for over a YEAR or more. I received the SAME matches from when I tried their site over 4 years ago. How pathetic is that and you have NO way of contacting the company on their site if you have problems. They should NOT be allowed to advertise in CANADA period!!! They promise a compatible match from all the questions asked on their site then in the next breath tell you to change YOUR match preferences to things you DO NOT want to receive matches. What is the point of that!!! AVOID THIS COMPANY... HUGE WASTE OF MONEY!... SCAM!!!

eHarmony response

Hi Karen, I’d love to help address your concern regarding service to our Northern Neighbor and would be grateful for an opportunity to improve your overall experience. Please reach out to me at membercare@eharmony.com from the email address associated with your account.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: March 27, 2018

I signed up for 6 months. There was a 3 installment plan. The first installment went in right away for $73. During the first week, I received "very" unrelated matches. I did not get people from a certain religion or certain race I asked for. I got very unrelated matches. The second week, I got very few and by third and fourth week no matches at all to the point that I forgot I even had this account. I went ahead and canceled my subscription. Few days later, they went ahead and charged me for my 2nd installment of $73, right before the beginning of 2nd month. I asked for refund, they refused. The only thing they did for me was to cancel my third installment out of being nice to me because I explained my situation.

As of now, I have paid $146 (which covers 4 months) and I have just finished one month of use (of which I only effectively logged in for 2 weeks). This is not fair business practice to charge people in advance (in my case right now is 3 months in advance) while my subscription is canceled. Although I had a very detailed profile, looking for marriage, I did not get related matches like promised on their ads in TV and online. I emptied my profile right before canceling my subscription as I did not want my personal information lingering around on eHarmony servers.

Dear Mr. eHarmony specialist, please give my money back. I want all my money back because your service did not benefit me as promised and was frustrating getting matches that did not match and therefore no connections were made. On top of that, being in business practice of canceling subscription to an online service while charging the customer 3 months in advance is not fair and if I cannot bring your business down, mass of complaints and unhappy folks will eventually get you unless you seriously review your ways.

eHarmony response

Hi F, all Subscriptions come with a 3-business day refund window. You are absolutely eligible for a refund If you contacted us within that timeframe. If you are outside of the eligibility window, we’d still love an opportunity to help you make the most out of the time remaining on your subscription and possibly address any concerns or questions you may have regarding your experience. Please reach out to me at membercare@eharmony.com from the email address associated with your account.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: March 25, 2018

A friend of mine and I signed up about a month ago as we had heard wonderful things about this site. We paid for a membership. It is awful. They breach their promises daily by sending no matches or ones completely outside any realistic geographical area. If they do not have the membership to do what they promise then stop taking peoples money. They are a complete disappointment and a complete waste of money. We are tied in for six months wherein I now consider it a charitable donation on my part. Do not sign up... ever!!!

eHarmony response

Hi Karen, I’d love to help address your and your friends concern regarding the lack of matches and would be grateful for an opportunity to improve your overall experience. Please reach out to me at membercare@eharmony.com from the email address associated with your account.

Original review: March 24, 2018

Not only did I receive 9 out of 10 profiles that were out of my chosen category, but the worst most unscrupulous egregious thing they have done is shut you off just as you have a meeting planned after wasting several months time. I was shut off for an unknown reason, they supply list or any all possibilities of what have been the reason, none of which I could believe was my case. Then you are told that you may inquire if you believe an error was made and of course I never heard a reason and have written several times.

They use the power play. It is in our terms of service and I wrote that you cannot make of laws just because you write them in terms and at least give my last contact my number so we could arrange our meeting which would have been the Friday before last, the woman was out of town until that week. We did not exchange numbers. Furthermore I am sure some of the woman are fakes or just want to have a Pen Pals. Several seem to want to dangle you on.

Original review: March 21, 2018

I signed up to try this website and they charged $69.90. They send a few matches the first few days that you are a member and none are anywhere near where you live. I got a message from someone with a note saying that they are not a member with an email and phone number as well. How is this possible? Paying members should not be getting messages from non-paying members. Who wants to date someone too frugal to pay for his membership? After getting this message I asked to cancel my plan and didn't mind the one time charge even though they didn't have anyone in my area of the USA for matches and it was denied.

They accepted my cancellation but say they will continue to bill my credit card for 6 months. Misleading, rip-off. How is this legal? I signed on a few times. Looked... I don't like it and you also can't view single people within your area as nothing shows. They pick the first few day a couple of people in the USA. By the time you realize that it's a scam it is past the 3 days that are in fine print. I figured out after signing on 3 times that it is a rip off.

eHarmony response

Hi Maureen, all Subscriptions come with a 3-business day refund window. You are absolutely eligible for a refund If you contacted us within that timeframe. If you are outside of the eligibility window, we’d still love an opportunity to help you make the most out of the time remaining on your subscription and possibly address any concerns or questions you may have regarding your experience. Please reach out to me at membercare@eharmony.com from the email address associated with your account.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: March 20, 2018

I bought my daughter a subscription on my credit card at payments of $103 at a time. She lives in a big city. She said that they were sending profiles of people living much too far away, and no one who would interest her. She cancelled after 2 months and I have not been able to get my second installment back, which they took 2 days after she cancelled. If they were reputable they wouldn’t mind giving refunds but they’re not!! No one was interested in contacting her either so the matches were hardly compatible. I’m very upset and would advise people to think twice.

eHarmony response

Hi Therese, all Subscriptions come with a 3-business day refund window. You are absolutely eligible for a refund If she contacted us within that time frame. If your daughter is outside of the eligibility window, we’d still love an opportunity to help her make the most out of the time remaining on her subscription. Please reach out to me at membercare@eharmony.com from the email address associated with your daughters account.

Original review: March 17, 2018

Like others, I signed up after doing the free communication weekend and getting lots of "matches ", only to discover after signing up, the matches stopped coming, or were way out of my preferences. They kept saying, "Change your preferences," No I won't. How about you have matches that fit what I requested, you do claim to be the largest and best one right?? I have a feeling they use fake profiles or dormant profiles and have their own employees sending out communications during free weekend. I am early 40s, I have no interest in dating much older women, which is what I was getting. I learned the hard way about not cancelling within the 3 day window. Seriously 3 days is nothing to gauge if you like the site or not.

This is not a Christian company as they used to claim, they only care about their bottom line, and not their members. A lesson learned after forgetting to cancel after three days, so here is my helpful tip, get a prepaid debit gift card and use that to sign up, that way they cannot keep charging your card, and you can remain anonymous, after it is charged once, then it is empty, unless you put a lot of money on it to begin with, eventually they will close your account if they can't get any more funds. It is sad that it would come to that, but I don't trust them to not charge my card after cancelling within that window or forgetting before 3 days is up, so that is the only safe way. Stay far away, these reviews speak for themselves.

eHarmony response

Hi Sant, I’d love to help address your concern regarding matching and would be grateful for an opportunity to improve your overall experience. Please reach out to me at membercare@eharmony.com from the email address associated with your account.

Original review: March 13, 2018

This is highly unethical. I canceled my subscription well in advance of my renewal date but I continue to receive requests to communicate from members which means eHarmony left my profile active. This is wrong on every level. REMOVE MY ACCOUNT! This happened to me several years ago as well but I had forgotten. Based on this most recent issue I will NEVER sign up for this service again. In addition once you sign up for service you can never talk or chat with a live person again. Worst customer service in the world.

eHarmony response

Hi Beverly, I’d love to help address your concern regarding your profile. If you are still receiving matches, then your account was not fully closed. I would be grateful for an opportunity to improve to help you. Please reach out to me at membercare@eharmony.com from the email address associated with your account.

Original review: March 12, 2018

Fifty consecutive match clicks - 1st click to last click, not ONE was available! Every single match had moved on and was no longer available. I did not receive 1 available match. THIS IS FRAUD! Age, distance, ethnicity were not factors. I changed browsers using Chrome, Microsoft Edge, and Firefox, still no matches. So NOT a technical problem. I want a REFUND to compensate for my time and the dollars invested. I want Eharmony to CLEAN UP their ACT!

eHarmony response

Hi Pat, I’d love to help address your concern regarding your reception of matches. I would be grateful for an opportunity to improve your overall experience. Please reach out to me at membercare@eharmony.com from the email address associated with your account.

Original review: March 12, 2018

I have had the same experiences as many of the others who have posted complaints. I wish I’d read them before I wasted my money. I also got several matches when I signed up but they were with men who were 100 plus miles away. I am not looking for a long distance relationship. Now, I’m lucky if I get 2 or three matches per week and even though I changed my distance to 60 miles, I still get matches 100 miles away. I also have very few “views” so I’m thinking that eHarmony is not displaying my profile.

I’m not an ugly person and I’m fairly certain if my profile was being shown, there would be men looking at it. They might not be a match, but they would at least look at it. I have been on the site for two months and I have 4 views! I also have a friend who was in eHarmony several years ago and cancelled several years ago. A friend of hers who just joined eHarmony said he saw her profile on there! That makes me wonder if the profiles I’m being shown are of men who are no longer members. If you are thinking of joining DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY.

eHarmony response

Hi Laurie, I’d love to help address your concern regarding the distance of your matches. Please note, matching can only occur if one has an active profile on eharmony. I would be grateful for an opportunity to improve your overall experience. Please reach out to me at membercare@eharmony.com from the email address associated with your account.

Original review: March 11, 2018

Wow! I sure wish I had read with the reviews before I signed up but I thank everyone for their tips about continuing to pull money from your account. I will call my bank immediately and make sure their payments cannot be processed. Confirming all the other reviews, I received very few matches and more they terminated the matches they were a problem. The communication and matches I received were so minimal and completely opposite of all of the promises they made in their advertisements. There is no way to resolve the complaint. I am to verify the other complaints they have no interest in resolving the issue with any phone call back. I regret I spent so much time putting my personal information on their site. This company has nothing to offer anyone unless they enjoy giving someone money. Not for a good cause!

eHarmony response

Hi Lori, I’d love to help address your concern regarding your renewal feature and matching. I would be grateful for an opportunity to improve your overall experience. Please reach out to me at membercare@eharmony.com from the email address associated with your account.

Original review: March 6, 2018

The homepage says several new matches every day. Upon signing up, I received eight new matches. Six were further than my chosen distance of 30 miles. (In Los Angeles traffic, 30 miles can take an hour and a half.) In the next four weeks, I have received a total of 4 matches. Four. I haven't received ANY matches for the last two weeks. I selected **. I think it's reasonable to want to date people of the same race. Nevertheless, I have been matched with people of other races. I wrote to them about getting some of my money back and didn't receive a reply.

eHarmony response

Hi, I’d love to help address your concern regarding matching and would be grateful for an opportunity to improve your overall experience. Please note, we do search for compatible matches each day however there may be days when the most compatible match for you cannot not found. Please reach out to me at membercare@eharmony.com from the email address associated with your account.

eharmony expert review by Mark Brooks

eHarmony is the largest dating site geared specifically towards long-term relationships and marriage minded singles. They claim to be responsible for over 500 new marriages every day in the US.

• In-depth entry questionnaire: eHarmony asks all of its members a little more than 300 multiple choice questions before allowing them to enter into their ranks. This in-depth questionnaire is geared at giving the site enough information to help provide you with qualified potential matches.

• No Searching: In sharp contrast to other dating sites, eHarmony does not allow members to search directly for matches. Instead, it uses the answers from the questionnaire to provide you with a selection of daily matches that should be compatible with your needs and desires in a partner.

• Guided Communication: Instead of sending off an email or wink like you would do on most sites, eHarmony takes members through 4 steps of guided communication before allowing you to continue with open communication with a new match. The guided communication is designed to help assure compatibility and that you don't waste energy on bad matches.

• Best for: People looking for long-term relationships and marriage.

Profile picture of Mark Brooks
Mark Brooks

Online Dating & Matchmaking Contributing Editor

Harvard Business School graduate, Mark Brooks, has been an expert in the Internet dating business since 1998. He is currently the CEO of Courtland Brooks, a consultancy agency for the Internet dating industry, and runs OnlinePersonalsWatch.com. He prides himself on being a New Media Futurist and can be reached at LinkedIn.

eHarmony Company Information