Take a quiz, get matched with an Accredited Partner!

eHarmony Reviews

eHarmony
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.24/5

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Los Angeles-based eharmony launched in the United States in 2000 with its patented Compatibility Matching System® which allows eharmony members to be matched with compatible persons with whom they are likely to enjoy a long-term relationship.

eHarmony Reviews

Original review: Oct. 2, 2019

I met my spouse using Harmony. The profile setup takes a REALLY to complete and fill out the needed sections. However, I also REALLY liked the details they required a user to complete because it helps weed out some of the people who are not there to truly date but just hook-up. It also gives a much better way to evaluate potential prospects. And, the first sets of communication allow for you to evaluate potential partners without going on actual dates (saves money from the guys perspective and time/energy on the girls).

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

I was divorced 12/27/16 and a friend talked me into going on EHarmony beginning of February 2017 and it was a free weekend so I was hoping just to be able to see who was out there and maybe set up a date. I was so nervous putting myself out there since I have never been on a dating app. One guy name Jeff said hi and we talked and he gave me his phone number and we became friends on Facebook so I gave him my phone number as well. I was 36 years old and he was 42 years old at the time and we texted constantly. Our first face to face date was at Hoss’s Steak and Sea House and Jeff would take me to basketball games and to see the Phillies play and I really fell in love so April 22, 2017 we got engaged at the blue and white game at PENN State football game and were married on Jeff’s birthday August 8, 2017 and we are still married as of today. EHarmony was the best website ever.

Get expert buying tips about Online Dating Sites and Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

I always had trouble meeting women due to low self esteem and ended up in an awful marriage in my early 20s. After a nasty divorce, I spent 5 years raising my very young daughter alone. When I decided it was time to start dating, I decided to try eHarmony because of their matching process. I had a few bad matches, but after 6 months (and one day after letting my subscription lapse), I was matched with Sara (2/15/06). I renewed for 1 month so I could talk to her. I proposed on 4/16/06 and we married on 6/16/06. We just celebrated our 13th anniversary! It does work, if you let it. (Finding a mate is not the same as shopping for a car!)

Original review: June 18, 2019

I am a good looking man but on the inside I am highly unique in a mostly negative way. As far as the rest of the population goes I have the rarest personality type in the world, INFJ. As a man this makes me very effeminate in that I like things women like such as naked cuddles and talking for hours. I am highly sensitive highly empathetic very prone to anxiety. I don't really have any friends preferring to spend all my time with one woman. On my profile I pretty much said these things in hopes of driving most room in a way which is exactly what happened. I ended up dating a local woman who has an INFP personality, Myers-Briggs inventory if you are curious about your own type. We are a perfect match. We can spend all day naked in bed just talking and snuggling and a couple other things LOL but mostly the first two. We both love nature, can talk for hours and time flies when we are together.

We have been dating for a year now and never get bored of one another. We are both highly sensitive highly empathetic highly neurotic neither of us have any real friends so we are up each other's butt all the time like peas in a pod. Long story short eHarmony match to our personalities extremely well. Don't even try to make your profile so it appeals to the general masses. You need to show your flaws not your strengths. Show your weaknesses and all your weirdness so you find someone like you.

eHarmony response

Dear Shannon, Thank you very much for your comments and congratulations! We're so very happy that we were able to help you find that special someone. Your story is inspirational and we'd love to hear more. If you have not already shared your story on our Success Story section, at your convenience please email us.

Original review: April 27, 2019

I read these reviews and I am here to say I have had a very positive experience. After 3 months of sifting and going on dates I found my perfect match. We have been together for 2 years and we are 3 hours away. "Imagine that”. I have never felt so happy in my life. He was definitely made for me. I have tried a million other dating sites and got nothing but junk and a lot of catfishers so this was a big relief to finally find the man of my dreams on eHarmony. We are planning our big day soon and getting ready for our transition. I would recommend just sticking with it and God will send you what's for you.

eHarmony response

Dear Leah,

Thank you for sharing your success and congratulations!! Stepping outside your comfort zone, especially with regards to Distance, can be really hard, but it can and often does make the difference for success. We're so happy to hear you took that chance. If you have not already reported your story to us, please email us from the email address on your account. We'd love to hear more about your story.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about eharmony?

Original review: April 4, 2020

Back in the day I remember joining Eharmony and feeling that my interactions were very special and even though it was a long process to even just communicate with someone, looking back it was a great system. NOW on the other hand this site SUCKS! Not only is it expensive and they rope you into paying without allowing for any type of refund is something goes wrong or you want to cancel (make sure to always read the fine print), but also the new way they do things is NO better than on the free sites. I came back to Eharmony because of what I remembered about how you got quality matches and had to work hard to even communicate with anyone. I started this new subscription about a month ago and since they I have hated every moment of it!

First off when I tried to create a decent and interesting profile it wouldn't let me go beyond 500 words and then I cannot even see the profile summary that I created. Instead they want to answer their stupid questions and check things off to create a profile of sorts. Also I get way too many matches which makes me believe that they are just matching people to match people and it isn't as special as they make it seem. Then when I attempt to reach out to someone I never get any type of response whatsoever. I have had more traffic and more dating options on the free sites than on Eharmony. The amount of people as well who don't even have photos is astounding to say the least. Again, why am I paying so much for a site that would let someone build a profile without any pictures?!

Overall this site is HORRIBLE and not worth all of the money. I have read some other reviews and find it interesting that any of the positive reviews I have found have been from previous years and since 2020 ALL of the reviews have been negative, what changed?! Obviously something and not for the better. I am happy to cancel my subscription and tell everyone how horrible this site is and never ever return. This site is NOT at all special and I am going to go back to the free sites for sure!

Original review: April 2, 2020

I told E-Harmony that I had canceled my contract and they still took money out of my bank. E-Harmony promised me that they would phone me last Friday around noon regarding this cancelation. I had also informed my bank as well. Well I'm still waiting. I then get an email saying that there is nothing I can do, I have to keep my subscription for another term. This is just wrong. How many times do I have to cancel before they stop taking money from my bank.

Original review: March 29, 2020

Online dating can be a great experience for someone who is comfortable with the prospects of meeting their future in this forum, however if you have never done it. You may want to reconsider the attempt. I have never experienced an online dating forum so as the rest I created a profile and even before I had a photo posted or profile complete. I was suddenly having my profile favored by men whose faces I couldn't see.

I did complete the profile. After reading an agreement that told me I had 3 days to terminate the subscription without further charge and for a refund. I decided to open the subscription so I could read messages sent and see the perspective suitor. After 24 hours of feeling a bit like a piece of meat, I decided to cancel the subscription. Eharmony so informed me that though they were sorry to see me go, I still had to pay for the subscription. Buyer beware, the company is not there to create compatible mates but rather take you for your money. Lesson learned.

Original review: March 24, 2020

I joined the beginning of January: it is now the middle of March. I have been contacted by no less than 13 fake profiles. These 13 people have been suspended because I complained. The site is a dangerous place. PLEASE PLEASE BE CAREFUL.

Original review: March 24, 2020

This site scammed me out of hundreds of dollars. They say you can cancel within 3 days. I tried to cancel within 24 hours because I got orders to go to Iraq, and they wouldn't refund my money. I contacted them numerous times, and every time got a cookie cut response that they would not refund my money. I opened a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. eHarmony has no sense of customer service, they don't care if they provide a good service, or if they provide any service at all for that matter. They just want your money. I would never recommend.

eharmony expert review by Mark Brooks

eHarmony is the largest dating site geared specifically towards long-term relationships and marriage minded singles. They claim to be responsible for over 500 new marriages every day in the US.

• In-depth entry questionnaire: eHarmony asks all of its members a little more than 300 multiple choice questions before allowing them to enter into their ranks. This in-depth questionnaire is geared at giving the site enough information to help provide you with qualified potential matches.

• No Searching: In sharp contrast to other dating sites, eHarmony does not allow members to search directly for matches. Instead, it uses the answers from the questionnaire to provide you with a selection of daily matches that should be compatible with your needs and desires in a partner.

• Guided Communication: Instead of sending off an email or wink like you would do on most sites, eHarmony takes members through 4 steps of guided communication before allowing you to continue with open communication with a new match. The guided communication is designed to help assure compatibility and that you don't waste energy on bad matches.

• Best for: People looking for long-term relationships and marriage.

by Mark Brooks Online Dating & Matchmaking Contributing Editor

Harvard Business School graduate, Mark Brooks, has been an expert in the Internet dating business since 1998. He is currently the CEO of Courtland Brooks, a consultancy agency for the Internet dating industry, and runs OnlinePersonalsWatch.com. He prides himself on being a New Media Futurist and can be reached at LinkedIn.

eHarmony Company Information