eHarmony Reviews

eHarmony
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.79/5
Based on 1,391 ratings submitted in the last year

Los Angeles-based eharmony launched in the United States in 2000 with its patented Compatibility Matching System® which allows eharmony members to be matched with compatible persons with whom they are likely to enjoy a long-term relationship.

Banner image

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

Banner image

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

eHarmony Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about eHarmony?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about eharmony?

Original review: June 7, 2020

I married The one I met. Almost 10 years now that we have been married. I think the questions, etc. if you answer truthfully it will help out a lot. Process is a bit lengthy but once you get through it it seems to work. Not sure what else to say but try it to see for yourself. I tried Match but that was a big crapshoot. This is all 10 yr ago so not sure how much things have changed since.

Original review: June 3, 2020

Eharmony was both disappointing and rewarding. Most of the guys I met were not anyone I would like to date, but my last match will hopefully last a lifetime. I liked the profile that eHarmony uses. It was very informative and educational. It provided a lot of insight about myself.

Get buying tips about Online Dating Sites and Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 2, 2020

I am a female matching with males. Psychology professor Barry Schwartz found that having an infinite number of choices is detrimental, paralyzing and exhausting. There are many profiles with zero pictures. Many that will message for a day or two and then disappear. I don’t know if it’s eHarmony bots or real men with Choice Overload. Whereas I have 3 matches in my city and one has no picture. One has no eyebrows. And one hasn’t read my message yet. It doesn’t seem like anyone on is there in my age range for a committed relationship.

On the other hand, my best friend is in the South and she has met her soulmate on eHarmony in the same time I have been a member. Perhaps I am the cursed-in-love one. I do celebrate that eHarmony is global and countries of your desire can be selected to match from. And I do always feel safe on their platform. Each member can easily block and delete with or without a reason. And during the pandemic eHarmony released a new feature in beta testing called Video Date. On sale for $300 for 6 month membership, it does include a fascinating personality profile. So stay positively optimistic, singletons! It’s a confusing frustrating tedious part time job to date online. Every one of us is worthy of being in love.

Original review: May 27, 2020

THey have a decent program. However, sometimes they don’t pay attention to the details- matched me with my 1st cousin, lol. Safety is not something that can assure. We have common sense, let’s use it folks! There was a scammer from **. He wanted to marry me the first day we spoke. I had a weird feeling about him. Next time I looked he had been removed.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2021

I originally joined for six months in July 2020. With no real prospects of connecting with a potential partner, I emailed eHarmony advising I wanted to discontinue. I logged into my account & I opted out of the automatic credit card renewal. I received an email from eHarmony advising I missed the cut off & that they would be charging a 12 month renewal of $568.80. I advised them that I am a single parent & that is a week's wages for me. PLEASE CONTACT THEM WELL IN ADVANCE OF THE RENEWAL DATE & If you opt out, make sure you get a reference number. I have cancelled my credit card. I would rather the inconvenience of having my credit card re-issued than paying for a service that I have no intention of using. This company is ethically questionable in my view.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2021

So I found a misleading ad saying eHarmony would be at 22 dollars a month for "trial". I am not on any dating sites, but I thought hey 22 dollars one time... There was no visible contract as they took me through their process. I created account, and logged off within minutes. I had contacts who did not look legit. I realized this is not for me. I asked for a cancellation. They said me that I was now under contract for a full 12 months at 120 dollars for 3 months (that would be 40 dollars a month) and with no trial, and then they state clause denying for some states. Since my payment was through PayPal I was able to put a stop payment. I never logged in again, but they still send me emails demanding my outstanding balance of 480 dollars. This is a scam! Please make sure you visit other forums, their FB page. I truly hope I can save a few others from this experience.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2021

I signed up for a three month trial and discovered pretty quickly that the free sites are much better, so I cancelled my membership but didn’t realise that the auto renewal charge is something they sneak in small print!, One year later $349 out of my account! What the! I asked PayPal to refund. They are just enablers, eHarmony said no refund even though my membership was cancelled a couple of weeks in, as auto renewal wasn’t cancelled. Bear in mind they put auto renewal on. I had no idea. Such a bad way to run business and scam people.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2021

I am currently trapped in a subscription for a year, thinking this was one of the top sites for finding a soul mate. I spend more time on match.com. I don’t even log on anymore. I just check the disappointing emails they send with disappointing matches. It’s too slow for my generation (I’m 31). I have not met anyone or video chatted. It’s just taking out monthly payments for nothing. They do all of the personality testing in the beginning but after that it doesn’t seem worth the money. They even send me the same matches over and over again. I’m sure they’re just as tired of seeing me as I am of seeing them. It’s likely different for everyone so feel free to try it if you like. I’ll be on match.com where I’ve video chatted with 2 matches and exchanged numbers with 5 matches in the same time. Good luck????

Original review: Jan. 13, 2021

I agreed to sign up with Eharmony after reading their advertising for a 1 month free trial. After agreeing to a paying $359.40 for membership, I found there were only 3 possible matches for me; all of which were totally unacceptable. Within the 3 day cancellation period posted: "3-Day Cancellation. Regarding the Premium Membership, you, the buyer, may cancel the Agreement, without any penalty or obligation, at any time prior to midnight of the third business day following the date of this Agreement, excluding Sundays and holidays. To cancel this Agreement, you can email subscriptions@eharmony.com or mail a signed and dated notice, or telegram, which states you, the buyer, are canceling this Agreement, or words of similar effect". My request was refused. I have contact the BBB, etc. BEWARE!

Original review: Jan. 11, 2021

I was shocked to only see 12 people matched up with me, in the NYC area without 60 miles and it didn't matter whether I selected people who were 2 feet tall all the way to 8 feet tall and completely opened up all criteria, the number of people did not change. They ask you 20 mins worth of questions and charge quite a lot, which seems like it would be a quality site, but it is not. They will not provide you with a refund, so think carefully. Very bad experience and disappointed.

eharmony author review by Mark Brooks

eHarmony is the largest dating site geared specifically towards long-term relationships and marriage minded singles. They claim to be responsible for over 500 new marriages every day in the US.

• In-depth entry questionnaire: eHarmony asks all of its members a little more than 300 multiple choice questions before allowing them to enter into their ranks. This in-depth questionnaire is geared at giving the site enough information to help provide you with qualified potential matches.

• No Searching: In sharp contrast to other dating sites, eHarmony does not allow members to search directly for matches. Instead, it uses the answers from the questionnaire to provide you with a selection of daily matches that should be compatible with your needs and desires in a partner.

• Guided Communication: Instead of sending off an email or wink like you would do on most sites, eHarmony takes members through 4 steps of guided communication before allowing you to continue with open communication with a new match. The guided communication is designed to help assure compatibility and that you don't waste energy on bad matches.

by Mark Brooks Online Dating & Matchmaking Contributing Editor

Harvard Business School graduate, Mark Brooks, has been an expert in the Internet dating business since 1998. He is currently the CEO of Courtland Brooks, a consultancy agency for the Internet dating industry, and runs OnlinePersonalsWatch.com. He prides himself on being a New Media Futurist and can be reached at LinkedIn.

eHarmony Company Information