eHarmony

eHarmony Reviews

3.6/5 (2581 ratings)
Find an Online Dating Sites partner
Banner image

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

About eHarmony Reviews

Los Angeles-based eharmony launched in the United States in 2000 with its patented Compatibility Matching System® which allows eharmony members to be matched with compatible persons with whom they are likely to enjoy a long-term relationship.

Banner image

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

eHarmony Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about eharmony?

Original review: Jan. 24, 2023

Absolutely wrong matches, people that have nothing in common with me, or compatible.... labelled 100% match. They take absurd amount of money and give no refund if cancelled. Absolute scam! Do not trust the site.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2023

I signed up for a subscription with eHarmony in January 2022. I paid for a 1 year subscription and I made sure I clicked the do not renew subscription prompt. eHarmony decided to reverse what I did and billed me for another year at the tune of $500. I knew that I was not willing to renew after the first month due to the poor matches they provided. They were sued a few years ago for this same issue. The settlement was for 2 million, which is not nearly enough because it taught them nothing. They are still ripping off the consumer. If we all make enough noise maybe a class action will get started. Also, file with the CFPB.

Get buying tips about Online Dating Sites and Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2023

This company is a faceless monster. I purchased a subscription and had issues accessing the app. My password worked in the browser but not the phone app, which, as we all know, is the only way that people use dating apps nowadays. This meant that I could not get notifications or anything. I immediately reached out and asked for help, and they had me reset my password several times. We went through all of the technical aspects, including at version and iPhone version. We went around and around in circles as they continue to send a blanket generic responses without actually reading what my issue was.

I asked for a refund since I wasn’t getting what I paid for and they insisted that I was outside of the cancellation policy because I didn’t live in the state of California. There was no statement in their cancellation policy about if the app doesn’t work. They actually told me they were “at a loss” as to why it wasn’t working and they didn’t know how to help, but at the same time refuse to refund my money. Worse yet, when I was looking through on the website, I was getting messages from all over the world and couldn’t limit it at all. It was overwhelming and disorganized. Free apps, work way better. This is a terrible company.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2023

I thought I was signing up for three months and some how I was signed up for a year! I immediately tried to cancel and couldn’t. I disputed it in my AMEX and they won. Terrible experience. Don’t waste your money.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2023

They get you by filling out all these personality test to find your “matches” but it doesn’t really work. They match you with someone who is completely the opposite of what you are looking for just because you share interests in life such as “riding bikes” or “hiking”. Pretty disappointing and lame.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2023

Worse dating site…base everything on compatibility questions which don’t even match the members! They SELECT only the members you can see…90% or higher have NO photo…no description and most are 150 mi away and have no intent to meet!!! Traveling Dr wanted to date the once a month he came into town …costly for no option to select with photos only …by far MATCH has helped all friends meet guys! Sorry I accept this discounted offer!!! Waste of money …like a blind date gone wrong.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2023

I have been single for a year and wanted to just see what was out there. They have you go through a 20 minute questionnaire. Once you get to the end they ask you to sign up with 3 plans. It says you have 3 days for a money back guarantee. After checking out the site I knew it was not for me! I called LESS THAN 24 HOURS LATER and asked to cancel and get my refund. She said my state Michigan was not one of the states that is able to cancel within the 3 days. Apparently there are only 12 states included for the cancellation! I have never ever heard of something like this. Absolute scam!

They LOCK you in a 12 month plan where you will be paying almost $500 for the year. I suggest you do what I did and cancel that credit card and get a new one so they don't keep charging you. This disgusting company took my $114 and I have deleted my account! However I called my bank and disputed that payment! DO NOT SIGN UP WITH THIS COMPANY!

Original review: Jan. 13, 2023

I went to the eHarmony site and answered all the questions. At the end they offer Premium light 6-month plan for $69.90 in large bold letters and then they have “month” beside it in microscopic font, which I did not see. I am 67 years old and it was late at night, so I thought, that sounds good so I put in my credit card and paid the $69.90 on 9 Jan 2023. I receive my credit card confirmation via email shortly after I approved the charge, and it showed the price of $395.40 all in the same font. I immediately wrote back to eHarmony saying that I felt their advertising was misleading and asked that they cancel my service and refund the money. I am retired and living on a limited income.

Customer service informed me to read the contract and that I am bound to the terms and conditions of the 24 page contract and that I should have read the terms and conditions before submitting my payment. They will not refund my money even though I notified them within 10 minutes of receiving the invoice. I am tired of large corporations ripping off elders and I am going to fight. Taking them to court next week. Please wish me luck. Also, if this has happened to you, we might want to put together a class action lawsuit against eHarmony for misleading advertising. I am also planning to report them to the FTC.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2023

A complete rip off with absolutely nothing to offer! Please don’t waste your time and or money with eHarmony! I tried to get a refund the next day after signing up, I could see there was nothing of interest to me. They will not refund your money unless you live in a state that requires them to. A disgustingly dishonest company!

Original review: Jan. 12, 2023

DO NOT USE EHARMONY! Simply put, it's a scam and they will charge you the full period of 6,12,24 months so buyer beware!!! Most dating sites will let you cancel at anytime without perpetual charges in order to keep an certain image to consumers. Not this company. Read the reviews... I wish I had read the reviews on this business prior to joining and I would have just picked a different provider. The only suggestion I can make: make it hard for them to get the money. Put a stop payment and let the collection agency come and get the money if you are upset enough to make it difficult. Again, you don't need to pay a collection agency immediately and you can make it painful. Be sure to post negative comments about this company if you have been scammed hoping that others will notice. I can say I would NEVER EVER recommend eharmony. Try another provider and read the terms carefully! Here is the clause

"In such case, your subscription will terminate at the end of the subscription term for which you have paid, and you will not receive any refund for any unused days of such subscription term. If you purchase a subscription on an installment payment basis (such as three-part pay), cancellation will not affect your obligation to pay the total contractual amount due on your subscription and your account, credit card, or other payment method will continue to be charged the scheduled payments until the remaining balance is paid in full. Cancellation will prevent your Premium Membership from being automatically renewed."

eharmony author review by Mark Brooks

eHarmony is the largest dating site geared specifically towards long-term relationships and marriage minded singles. They claim to be responsible for over 500 new marriages every day in the US.

• In-depth entry questionnaire: eHarmony asks all of its members a little more than 300 multiple choice questions before allowing them to enter into their ranks. This in-depth questionnaire is geared at giving the site enough information to help provide you with qualified potential matches.

• No Searching: In sharp contrast to other dating sites, eHarmony does not allow members to search directly for matches. Instead, it uses the answers from the questionnaire to provide you with a selection of daily matches that should be compatible with your needs and desires in a partner.

• Guided Communication: Instead of sending off an email or wink like you would do on most sites, eHarmony takes members through 4 steps of guided communication before allowing you to continue with open communication with a new match. The guided communication is designed to help assure compatibility and that you don't waste energy on bad matches.

by Mark Brooks Online Dating & Matchmaking Advisor

Harvard Business School graduate, Mark Brooks, has been an expert in the Internet dating business since 1998. He is currently the CEO of Courtland Brooks, a consultancy agency for the Internet dating industry, and runs OnlinePersonalsWatch.com. He prides himself on being a New Media Futurist and can be reached at LinkedIn.

eHarmony Company Information