eHarmony Reviews

eHarmony
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.19/5

Los Angeles-based eharmony launched in the United States in 2000 with its patented Compatibility Matching System® which allows eharmony members to be matched with compatible persons with whom they are likely to enjoy a long-term relationship.

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

eHarmony Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about eHarmony?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about eharmony?

Original review: June 7, 2020

I married The one I met. Almost 10 years now that we have been married. I think the questions, etc. if you answer truthfully it will help out a lot. Process is a bit lengthy but once you get through it it seems to work. Not sure what else to say but try it to see for yourself. I tried Match but that was a big crapshoot. This is all 10 yr ago so not sure how much things have changed since.

Original review: June 3, 2020

Eharmony was both disappointing and rewarding. Most of the guys I met were not anyone I would like to date, but my last match will hopefully last a lifetime. I liked the profile that eHarmony uses. It was very informative and educational. It provided a lot of insight about myself.

Get buying tips about Online Dating Sites and Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 2, 2020

I am a female matching with males. Psychology professor Barry Schwartz found that having an infinite number of choices is detrimental, paralyzing and exhausting. There are many profiles with zero pictures. Many that will message for a day or two and then disappear. I don’t know if it’s eHarmony bots or real men with Choice Overload. Whereas I have 3 matches in my city and one has no picture. One has no eyebrows. And one hasn’t read my message yet. It doesn’t seem like anyone on is there in my age range for a committed relationship.

On the other hand, my best friend is in the South and she has met her soulmate on eHarmony in the same time I have been a member. Perhaps I am the cursed-in-love one. I do celebrate that eHarmony is global and countries of your desire can be selected to match from. And I do always feel safe on their platform. Each member can easily block and delete with or without a reason. And during the pandemic eHarmony released a new feature in beta testing called Video Date. On sale for $300 for 6 month membership, it does include a fascinating personality profile. So stay positively optimistic, singletons! It’s a confusing frustrating tedious part time job to date online. Every one of us is worthy of being in love.

Original review: May 27, 2020

THey have a decent program. However, sometimes they don’t pay attention to the details- matched me with my 1st cousin, lol. Safety is not something that can assure. We have common sense, let’s use it folks! There was a scammer from **. He wanted to marry me the first day we spoke. I had a weird feeling about him. Next time I looked he had been removed.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2020

I just joined this site after seeing commercials on how great it is. I’m a 65 year old very attractive woman who lives in the metropolitan NY area. I spent a lot of money on joining this site. All the men are over 60 miles away, the same men are on every day and absolutely no one has liked me. I have been on other sites with a lot of attention from men but not one person is interested in my profile. Sometimes I feel like it doesn’t even exist. It’s a major ripoff and when I asked for a refund they said to change my search parameters. I expanded my search parameters and still nothing. Very frustrating. Stay away!!!

Original review: Oct. 9, 2020

I joined eHarmony and was charged $23.29 for membership 8/22/2020. Subsequently, I was charged $23.20 on 9/22/2020. I tried to cancel membership but was advised I could not do so. BEWARE when you sign up; although they tell you how to cancel, they will not allow it. To add insult to injury, although it is only 17 days later, when I attempt to access eHarmony I get a dialogue that instructs me to accept their ¨Tracking Technologies¨. There is no provision to ¨not accept¨ and when I do not click on ¨accept¨ I am not given access to my ALREADY PAID account. They should give access or refund the fee they charged!!

Original review: Oct. 7, 2020

I thought I would give eHarmony a chance in looking for a long term relationship as I don't go out much because I'm a parent and I work. I ended up meeting a gentleman who turned out to be married. I found this out when I did a background check on him. I presented the evidence to eharmony in hopes they would remove his account because I thought eharmony was for singles or divorcees looking to meet a decent match and settle down. Turns out eharmony lets anyone become a member even if they are married. I paid $300 for a subscription only to find out eharmony is no different than the free dating sites.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2020

I signed up for eHarmony to look for a significant other and man was I disappointed. I read the terms and conditions and agreed to pay for 6 months thinking a lasting relationship was an investment. Once my account was set up, there were over 200 matches that I could view. I was only interested in 2 of them. The first one ghosted me and the other seemed really sweet, so I spent a few hours messaging them. The second day of messaging, my phone told me their full name and I decided to look them up. To my horror, they had been jailed less than a year ago for inappropriately touching several minors between the ages of 12-14. A police report also said they had a record of doing this several other times on top of that!

I was foolish to think eharmony would provide a quality or safer experience because they charge so much and lock you into their contract for so long. Good thing I did my research on the person as soon as I could. Things could have ended badly. I’m too scared to trust anyone else on the app now but I’m stuck with it for the next 6 months. My advice is to always look people up and wait a while before you fully trust them.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2020

I decided to have a look at eHarmony by buying a 3 month membership. Before the 3 months was up, I shut off access to my profile. eHarmony has renewed my membership for a year, and charged me $550. I contacted them very soon after this was evident to say that I did NOT want to remain a member only to be told that I was stuck with the membership until September 2021, and they will NOT issue a refund. I am not impressed with a company that has a no refund policy.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2020

Please do not waste your time, effort and money! I think that loneliness has impacted most people, in some way or another, especially this year. But I decided to join a dating site, and someone suggested eHarmony. I joined, and I had a flurry of messages. Some weird (had to block), some (I think) from genuine fellas, but not the type of fella that I felt I would have a connection with (even though the eHarmony personality match was high), or indeed found attractive. Also, the majority of matches were over 100km away!

The whole experience was completely deflating and I decided to cancel my subscription, as I was within the 14 day cancellation period. They charged me £65, for less than 10 days usage of the site. Not only was their personality match a complete joke, they said that the personality report was worth £130... But they would only charge me £50 for it, plus one month's subscription fee. Which is absolutely disgusting. I wish I had read the reviews prior to joining, and I suspect that many others will fall foul. eHarmony's business model, must be based around how much money they can charge, rather than providing a quality service.

eharmony author review by Mark Brooks

eHarmony is the largest dating site geared specifically towards long-term relationships and marriage minded singles. They claim to be responsible for over 500 new marriages every day in the US.

• In-depth entry questionnaire: eHarmony asks all of its members a little more than 300 multiple choice questions before allowing them to enter into their ranks. This in-depth questionnaire is geared at giving the site enough information to help provide you with qualified potential matches.

• No Searching: In sharp contrast to other dating sites, eHarmony does not allow members to search directly for matches. Instead, it uses the answers from the questionnaire to provide you with a selection of daily matches that should be compatible with your needs and desires in a partner.

• Guided Communication: Instead of sending off an email or wink like you would do on most sites, eHarmony takes members through 4 steps of guided communication before allowing you to continue with open communication with a new match. The guided communication is designed to help assure compatibility and that you don't waste energy on bad matches.

by Mark Brooks Online Dating & Matchmaking Contributing Editor

Harvard Business School graduate, Mark Brooks, has been an expert in the Internet dating business since 1998. He is currently the CEO of Courtland Brooks, a consultancy agency for the Internet dating industry, and runs OnlinePersonalsWatch.com. He prides himself on being a New Media Futurist and can be reached at LinkedIn.

eHarmony Company Information