eHarmony
1.20/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

eHarmony Reviews

Los Angeles-based eharmony launched in the United States in 2000 with its patented Compatibility Matching System® which allows eharmony members to be matched with compatible persons with whom they are likely to enjoy a long-term relationship.

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

2189 eHarmony Consumer Reviews

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

I was divorced 12/27/16 and a friend talked me into going on EHarmony beginning of February 2017 and it was a free weekend so I was hoping just to be able to see who was out there and maybe set up a date. I was so nervous putting myself out there since I have never been on a dating app. One guy name Jeff said hi and we talked and he gave me his phone number and we became friends on Facebook so I gave him my phone number as well. I was 36 years old and he was 42 years old at the time and we texted constantly. Our first face to face date was at Hoss’s Steak and Sea House and Jeff would take me to basketball games and to see the Phillies play and I really fell in love so April 22, 2017 we got engaged at the blue and white game at PENN State football game and were married on Jeff’s birthday August 8, 2017 and we are still married as of today. EHarmony was the best website ever.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

I always had trouble meeting women due to low self esteem and ended up in an awful marriage in my early 20s. After a nasty divorce, I spent 5 years raising my very young daughter alone. When I decided it was time to start dating, I decided to try eHarmony because of their matching process. I had a few bad matches, but after 6 months (and one day after letting my subscription lapse), I was matched with Sara (2/15/06). I renewed for 1 month so I could talk to her. I proposed on 4/16/06 and we married on 6/16/06. We just celebrated our 13th anniversary! It does work, if you let it. (Finding a mate is not the same as shopping for a car!)

Get expert buying tips about Online Dating Sites and Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 18, 2019

I am a good looking man but on the inside I am highly unique in a mostly negative way. As far as the rest of the population goes I have the rarest personality type in the world, INFJ. As a man this makes me very effeminate in that I like things women like such as naked cuddles and talking for hours. I am highly sensitive highly empathetic very prone to anxiety. I don't really have any friends preferring to spend all my time with one woman. On my profile I pretty much said these things in hopes of driving most room in a way which is exactly what happened. I ended up dating a local woman who has an INFP personality, Myers-Briggs inventory if you are curious about your own type. We are a perfect match. We can spend all day naked in bed just talking and snuggling and a couple other things LOL but mostly the first two. We both love nature, can talk for hours and time flies when we are together.

We have been dating for a year now and never get bored of one another. We are both highly sensitive highly empathetic highly neurotic neither of us have any real friends so we are up each other's butt all the time like peas in a pod. Long story short eHarmony match to our personalities extremely well. Don't even try to make your profile so it appeals to the general masses. You need to show your flaws not your strengths. Show your weaknesses and all your weirdness so you find someone like you.

eHarmony response

Dear Shannon, Thank you very much for your comments and congratulations! We're so very happy that we were able to help you find that special someone. Your story is inspirational and we'd love to hear more. If you have not already shared your story on our Success Story section, at your convenience please email us.

Original review: April 27, 2019

I read these reviews and I am here to say I have had a very positive experience. After 3 months of sifting and going on dates I found my perfect match. We have been together for 2 years and we are 3 hours away. "Imagine that”. I have never felt so happy in my life. He was definitely made for me. I have tried a million other dating sites and got nothing but junk and a lot of catfishers so this was a big relief to finally find the man of my dreams on eHarmony. We are planning our big day soon and getting ready for our transition. I would recommend just sticking with it and God will send you what's for you.

eHarmony response

Dear Leah,

Thank you for sharing your success and congratulations!! Stepping outside your comfort zone, especially with regards to Distance, can be really hard, but it can and often does make the difference for success. We're so happy to hear you took that chance. If you have not already reported your story to us, please email us from the email address on your account. We'd love to hear more about your story.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

1st of all, when I did actually log in to check matches, they were seemingly randomly assigned (not compatible) and rather far away. Then, I started to realize very few of the messages I sent were being read so I started the alphabet just sending one letter messages starting with "A" just to see if any of them were ever read. From A to Q (which is 17 messages sent) for the vast majority of them (estimate 30 matches), I would estimate 5% of them were ever actually read. If you can extrapolate that to all your well crafted messages, that is a monumental amount of wasted time I'd rather be utilizing other ways in actually finding a quality match.

Now the money! Approx $55 per month for a 3 month membership with guarantee... fine, great. Charged, paid. No issue. 3 more months for free of which I randomly logged in mainly for amusement purposes. Stopped taking it seriously about the 6 - 7 week mark. Got charged on auto renewal for the 1st of 3 more installments for my "auto renewal convenience" (so my account isn't interrupted. HA!) I emailed within minutes of getting the notification on my phone asking if my account could be cancelled and my recent payment refunded. In response, my account was cancelled (could no longer log in) yet they refused to refund me my payment.

I tried working it out with their customer service dept. via e-mail over a 10 day period (probably 10 e-mail exchanges) and several times requested to speak to a supervisor to which I was told they are not allowed to make outbound calls. I called in to speak to one... Not available and they couldn't tell me when they would be but they could take my number and have them call me. Wait?? What happened to they "can't make outbound calls".... or did they not have any intent on actually calling? Long of the short, I got nonsense from their customer service department, never got to speak with a manager, and inevitably disputed the charge with my credit card company. Never again!! ***Many other better options out there!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about eharmony?

Original review: Sept. 15, 2019

I signed up for eHarmony recently and at first I was happy to see a cancellation policy in the terms and condition of "3 business days" following the date of subscription. I signed up on 9-4-19 which was a Wednesday and sent an email to cancel on 9-9-19 which was the 3rd business day. I then followed up with a phone call on 9/10/19 to ensure that they got my email. The customer service rep (Ben) informed me that Saturday was a business day for eHarmony and I should have emailed on Saturday. He refused to cancel my one-year subscription and refund my money. I was really upset because nowhere in eHarmony's terms and conditions does it state that Saturday is considered a business day as well.

eHarmony settled a class action in California last year for being unclear and misleading consumers. Based on all the reviews I'm reading here, I think it may be time for another class action lawsuit. I will be reporting them to my State's consumer affairs department and the Attorney General's office. A new investigation needs to be opened for these fraudulent practices!!

Original review: Sept. 14, 2019

I have tried to sign up on this site several times using different emails and every single time it has messaged me back saying my account has been closed when I haven't even signed up yet! This is after I spent a great deal of time completing their questionnaire. It is my opinion that the company does this when they know they cannot match your profile, thus avoiding any negative reviews or feedback.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2019

I am not sure what you are paying them to do. A lot of the profiles they send you are inactive people. There is no communication between potential people, and the worse part is when you contact the company they blame it on you that your preferences are too important and maybe they need to be less important or have 200 miles in distance to get matches. I should not have to lower my standards to get more matches. This is a huge company with supposedly plenty of members. The company won’t even refund your money. I’ve checked with other friends and they are experiencing the same thing so I know it’s not me. Don’t join! It’s a huge waste of your money!!

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

First, eHarmony doesn't allow you to use patriotic photos as part of your own photos and here we are in America, right? Most matches received are way outside my distance preferred. They only allow you to use a minimum of 30 miles, which really should be up to us since we're paying a lot of money, yet so many matches were much further away. I tried to add a patriotic photo to my photos, so potential matches know my beliefs & how loyal I am to the country and first responders, in honor of those hurt or killed at 9/11 and eharmony refused to let me use it. Also, when you add "Very Important" to potential match characteristics, eharmony still sends you matches way outside that preferred characteristic just to send matches to you. Very disappointed, very expensive and after you pay all that money they don't let you specify who you see such as distance, body type, number of children, etc.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

I have had no successful connections. One response, and I'm a fairly ok person! Since the second day that I searched, the same exact matches come up each time. Every time I've log in they changed the age range to 18 - 100 (wrong.) and miles from local to 100 (wrong again). eHarmony does not answer inquiries. There is no way to cancel. I have had much better matches on Plenty of Fish, which has its own issues but I've met several nice guys, great match potentials, and had a couple of nice meet and greets.

eharmony expert review by Mark Brooks

eHarmony is the largest dating site geared specifically towards long-term relationships and marriage minded singles. They claim to be responsible for over 500 new marriages every day in the US.

• In-depth entry questionnaire: eHarmony asks all of its members a little more than 300 multiple choice questions before allowing them to enter into their ranks. This in-depth questionnaire is geared at giving the site enough information to help provide you with qualified potential matches.

• No Searching: In sharp contrast to other dating sites, eHarmony does not allow members to search directly for matches. Instead, it uses the answers from the questionnaire to provide you with a selection of daily matches that should be compatible with your needs and desires in a partner.

• Guided Communication: Instead of sending off an email or wink like you would do on most sites, eHarmony takes members through 4 steps of guided communication before allowing you to continue with open communication with a new match. The guided communication is designed to help assure compatibility and that you don't waste energy on bad matches.

• Best for: People looking for long-term relationships and marriage.

Profile picture of Mark Brooks
      Mark Brooks Online Dating & Matchmaking Contributing Editor

Harvard Business School graduate, Mark Brooks, has been an expert in the Internet dating business since 1998. He is currently the CEO of Courtland Brooks, a consultancy agency for the Internet dating industry, and runs OnlinePersonalsWatch.com. He prides himself on being a New Media Futurist and can be reached at LinkedIn.

eHarmony Company Information