eHarmony Reviews

eHarmony
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.30/5

Los Angeles-based eharmony launched in the United States in 2000 with its patented Compatibility Matching System® which allows eharmony members to be matched with compatible persons with whom they are likely to enjoy a long-term relationship.

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

eHarmony Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about eHarmony?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about eharmony?

Original review: June 7, 2020

I married The one I met. Almost 10 years now that we have been married. I think the questions, etc. if you answer truthfully it will help out a lot. Process is a bit lengthy but once you get through it it seems to work. Not sure what else to say but try it to see for yourself. I tried Match but that was a big crapshoot. This is all 10 yr ago so not sure how much things have changed since.

Original review: June 2, 2020

I am a female matching with males. Psychology professor Barry Schwartz found that having an infinite number of choices is detrimental, paralyzing and exhausting. There are many profiles with zero pictures. Many that will message for a day or two and then disappear. I don’t know if it’s eHarmony bots or real men with Choice Overload. Whereas I have 3 matches in my city and one has no picture. One has no eyebrows. And one hasn’t read my message yet. It doesn’t seem like anyone on is there in my age range for a committed relationship.

On the other hand, my best friend is in the South and she has met her soulmate on eHarmony in the same time I have been a member. Perhaps I am the cursed-in-love one. I do celebrate that eHarmony is global and countries of your desire can be selected to match from. And I do always feel safe on their platform. Each member can easily block and delete with or without a reason. And during the pandemic eHarmony released a new feature in beta testing called Video Date. On sale for $300 for 6 month membership, it does include a fascinating personality profile. So stay positively optimistic, singletons! It’s a confusing frustrating tedious part time job to date online. Every one of us is worthy of being in love.

Get buying tips about Online Dating Sites and Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2019

I met my spouse using Harmony. The profile setup takes a REALLY to complete and fill out the needed sections. However, I also REALLY liked the details they required a user to complete because it helps weed out some of the people who are not there to truly date but just hook-up. It also gives a much better way to evaluate potential prospects. And, the first sets of communication allow for you to evaluate potential partners without going on actual dates (saves money from the guys perspective and time/energy on the girls).

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

I was divorced 12/27/16 and a friend talked me into going on EHarmony beginning of February 2017 and it was a free weekend so I was hoping just to be able to see who was out there and maybe set up a date. I was so nervous putting myself out there since I have never been on a dating app. One guy name Jeff said hi and we talked and he gave me his phone number and we became friends on Facebook so I gave him my phone number as well. I was 36 years old and he was 42 years old at the time and we texted constantly. Our first face to face date was at Hoss’s Steak and Sea House and Jeff would take me to basketball games and to see the Phillies play and I really fell in love so April 22, 2017 we got engaged at the blue and white game at PENN State football game and were married on Jeff’s birthday August 8, 2017 and we are still married as of today. EHarmony was the best website ever.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

I always had trouble meeting women due to low self esteem and ended up in an awful marriage in my early 20s. After a nasty divorce, I spent 5 years raising my very young daughter alone. When I decided it was time to start dating, I decided to try eHarmony because of their matching process. I had a few bad matches, but after 6 months (and one day after letting my subscription lapse), I was matched with Sara (2/15/06). I renewed for 1 month so I could talk to her. I proposed on 4/16/06 and we married on 6/16/06. We just celebrated our 13th anniversary! It does work, if you let it. (Finding a mate is not the same as shopping for a car!)

Original review: Aug. 8, 2020

This site is selling you wolf tickets, nothing is real and authentic on here. Just a bunch on programmed bots and moderators making you believe that you're actually going to find love. When in reality they're just keeping you around in order to get paid. If you look closely, some of the people stop responding and randomly they unmatch you. This is an ongoing trend and people are just paying for false hopes and expectations.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2020

What a scam!! Do not use this site! Lost $500, which is what they have you pay now. Horrible matches if any!! Been on for months and asked for money back... No way. I even opened my area of search to the entire world!!! Still nothing. I am so mad I got sucked into this!! I am an educated, attractive, wealthy, interesting, healthy woman... It should not be that hard. I am going for a more personal approach. The money will be more worth it. This is a total waste of time and money!!

Original review: Aug. 4, 2020

This company is totally deceiving. When signing up, I thought I was paying $10 a month and could cancel at any time. Not at all. I looked at my bank account and they took out $156!! I was shocked. Of course, I tried to contact them immediately, and couldn’t find a phone number anywhere. I was forced to email them, and I didn’t get a response until 2 days later. I requested a refund and to cancel my account. They did neither, and continued to tell me I owed them 2 more payments of $156!! I never used the service and just wanted out. I had no idea I “signed a contract” to pay 3 payments of $156!! I’ve tried every angle to get my money back, even thought about taking legal action. Still searching for a solution. I definitely DO NOT recommend using eHarmony, they are very deceiving. And it seems like they do it on purpose.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2020

I joined this website during Covid-lockdown and here I am several months later with relatively no contact from humans on this site other than one man whose profile was removed because of violating conduct & rules. This use to be one of the leading websites for singles but my experience has been far from that. I'm an attractive female with a well written profile and good pictures posted and it's like a ghost town on this site. Don't waste your money on this one.

Original review: July 31, 2020

Please don't get sucked in no matter how desperate you feel! Impossible to cancel your membership. You can't cancel online (although the website leads you to believe you can). You have to email or write. But no one ever answers your emails and there is no phone number to call. There is absolutely no customer service. So now I have to write to California? I guess I have to send a registered letter because how else will I know if they have received it? For all I know it's a bogus address like their bogus profiles... Obviously there is no accountability. There must be some way to warn lonely vulnerable people to avoid this site!! Avoid it like the plague.

eharmony author review by Mark Brooks

eHarmony is the largest dating site geared specifically towards long-term relationships and marriage minded singles. They claim to be responsible for over 500 new marriages every day in the US.

• In-depth entry questionnaire: eHarmony asks all of its members a little more than 300 multiple choice questions before allowing them to enter into their ranks. This in-depth questionnaire is geared at giving the site enough information to help provide you with qualified potential matches.

• No Searching: In sharp contrast to other dating sites, eHarmony does not allow members to search directly for matches. Instead, it uses the answers from the questionnaire to provide you with a selection of daily matches that should be compatible with your needs and desires in a partner.

• Guided Communication: Instead of sending off an email or wink like you would do on most sites, eHarmony takes members through 4 steps of guided communication before allowing you to continue with open communication with a new match. The guided communication is designed to help assure compatibility and that you don't waste energy on bad matches.

by Mark Brooks Online Dating & Matchmaking Contributing Editor

Harvard Business School graduate, Mark Brooks, has been an expert in the Internet dating business since 1998. He is currently the CEO of Courtland Brooks, a consultancy agency for the Internet dating industry, and runs OnlinePersonalsWatch.com. He prides himself on being a New Media Futurist and can be reached at LinkedIn.

eHarmony Company Information