eHarmony Reviews

eHarmony
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.31/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Los Angeles-based eharmony launched in the United States in 2000 with its patented Compatibility Matching System® which allows eharmony members to be matched with compatible persons with whom they are likely to enjoy a long-term relationship.

eHarmony Reviews

Original review: Oct. 2, 2019

I met my spouse using Harmony. The profile setup takes a REALLY to complete and fill out the needed sections. However, I also REALLY liked the details they required a user to complete because it helps weed out some of the people who are not there to truly date but just hook-up. It also gives a much better way to evaluate potential prospects. And, the first sets of communication allow for you to evaluate potential partners without going on actual dates (saves money from the guys perspective and time/energy on the girls).

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

I was divorced 12/27/16 and a friend talked me into going on EHarmony beginning of February 2017 and it was a free weekend so I was hoping just to be able to see who was out there and maybe set up a date. I was so nervous putting myself out there since I have never been on a dating app. One guy name Jeff said hi and we talked and he gave me his phone number and we became friends on Facebook so I gave him my phone number as well. I was 36 years old and he was 42 years old at the time and we texted constantly. Our first face to face date was at Hoss’s Steak and Sea House and Jeff would take me to basketball games and to see the Phillies play and I really fell in love so April 22, 2017 we got engaged at the blue and white game at PENN State football game and were married on Jeff’s birthday August 8, 2017 and we are still married as of today. EHarmony was the best website ever.

Get expert buying tips about Online Dating Sites and Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

I always had trouble meeting women due to low self esteem and ended up in an awful marriage in my early 20s. After a nasty divorce, I spent 5 years raising my very young daughter alone. When I decided it was time to start dating, I decided to try eHarmony because of their matching process. I had a few bad matches, but after 6 months (and one day after letting my subscription lapse), I was matched with Sara (2/15/06). I renewed for 1 month so I could talk to her. I proposed on 4/16/06 and we married on 6/16/06. We just celebrated our 13th anniversary! It does work, if you let it. (Finding a mate is not the same as shopping for a car!)

Original review: June 18, 2019

I am a good looking man but on the inside I am highly unique in a mostly negative way. As far as the rest of the population goes I have the rarest personality type in the world, INFJ. As a man this makes me very effeminate in that I like things women like such as naked cuddles and talking for hours. I am highly sensitive highly empathetic very prone to anxiety. I don't really have any friends preferring to spend all my time with one woman. On my profile I pretty much said these things in hopes of driving most room in a way which is exactly what happened. I ended up dating a local woman who has an INFP personality, Myers-Briggs inventory if you are curious about your own type. We are a perfect match. We can spend all day naked in bed just talking and snuggling and a couple other things LOL but mostly the first two. We both love nature, can talk for hours and time flies when we are together.

We have been dating for a year now and never get bored of one another. We are both highly sensitive highly empathetic highly neurotic neither of us have any real friends so we are up each other's butt all the time like peas in a pod. Long story short eHarmony match to our personalities extremely well. Don't even try to make your profile so it appeals to the general masses. You need to show your flaws not your strengths. Show your weaknesses and all your weirdness so you find someone like you.

eHarmony response

Dear Shannon, Thank you very much for your comments and congratulations! We're so very happy that we were able to help you find that special someone. Your story is inspirational and we'd love to hear more. If you have not already shared your story on our Success Story section, at your convenience please email us.

Original review: April 27, 2019

I read these reviews and I am here to say I have had a very positive experience. After 3 months of sifting and going on dates I found my perfect match. We have been together for 2 years and we are 3 hours away. "Imagine that”. I have never felt so happy in my life. He was definitely made for me. I have tried a million other dating sites and got nothing but junk and a lot of catfishers so this was a big relief to finally find the man of my dreams on eHarmony. We are planning our big day soon and getting ready for our transition. I would recommend just sticking with it and God will send you what's for you.

eHarmony response

Dear Leah,

Thank you for sharing your success and congratulations!! Stepping outside your comfort zone, especially with regards to Distance, can be really hard, but it can and often does make the difference for success. We're so happy to hear you took that chance. If you have not already reported your story to us, please email us from the email address on your account. We'd love to hear more about your story.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about eharmony?

Original review: Jan. 18, 2020

I have been on my own for a while, my daughter decided to get me an eharmony subscription for Xmas. When I logged in after payment, I realized the site was not for me. Within 1 day of paying, I asked eharmony for a refund; which they refused. I was signposted to their terms. This states that if you live in a certain geographical area you can get a refund within 3 days. This day and age, it is quite concerning that people are treated differently based on their geographical location. I wonder if eharmony should review their terms so everyone who subscribes to eharmony can get a refund within 3 days, independent of where they live. I would appreciate it if the money paid by my daughter as a xmas gift can be refunded, so I can go to a dating site better suited to me.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2020

I paid for a years subscription with eharmony. Well over 80% of the contacts made to me are scammers. It got to the point, where I would not respond to someone until at least 48 hours had passed since their message to me. This gave ample time for eHarmony to remove them from the site. I am not sure if everyone has this experience, or if I am just some kind of target profile. I know that not everyone is a scammer, because I can see my neighbor on their site. Someone is making an awful lot of money off the backs of dupes like me. Don’t get sucked into this scam.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2020

This experience has been a nightmare! It is very costly. I completed my profile and chose 60 miles or less as my distance. Up until recently the least distance has been 80 miles or more. My subscription is about to expire and all of a sudden the matches I'm getting are within my mileage parameters. They used to provide a phone number for Customer service, but that is no longer available. I recently changed my password and can't log into my account even though I know I'm using the correct password. I contacted them through email, which is the only way I have found to get technical help) and the email response I got told me to log into my account in order for them to help me. HELLO, I can't log into my account that's why I contacted them. They should provide a live chat at a minimum!

I never really felt comfortable using an online dating site. I feel eHarmony is more than willing to charge you lots of money, but once they have your money their customer service goes out the window. The matches I was sent didn't match my parameters. ABSOLUTE WASTE OF TIME AND A LOT OF MONEY! TOTALLY DISGUSTED WITH THEM!!!

Original review: Jan. 16, 2020

If any of you have signed up and for some reason want to keep using eHarmony, cancel your subscription, somewhere along the process they offer you a 10$ a month rate to stay, although even that is too much for the mediocrity that is eHarmony. I've been on eharmony for just over a year now. I'm a decent looking dude with a good job, own house and detailed profile with lots of pics. I've dated 4 women off of there, so it wasn't a total waste. Of course, there are a ton of fake, free or ghost profiles. I've tried contacting close to 100 women, so a 4% success rate is about par for the course (welcome to online dating).

In October they overhauled the site, it literally is total trash now. I get about 5 "matches" a week, and of the last 50 matches, over half have no photos, and over 3/4ths have 1 pic (a free profile who can't respond to you). They also have removed compatibility based on religious beliefs, considering it WAS founded as a Christian based dating site, this is totally ridiculous!

Original review: Jan. 14, 2020

DON'T DO IT. I am really glad to see that there are few people who have gone to eHarmony and made their connection. But it is hardly anyone. My situation is a bit complicated. I was lonely at a certain time of year and jumped the gun in signing up for eharmony instead of stopping to think what the problem might actually be other than being single. Turns out, it was a recent loss that had me thrown, not the end of my marriage 2 years before. At the same time, the place was creeping me out. There are people there who are professionals. They know exactly who is new and how to talk to them. Professional creeps.

I got in touch with customer care within 3 days to explain I wanted out but they basically kept shutting me down and telling me it was outside their cancellation policy. So I learned a very expensive lesson and you can be rest assured it is a mistake I will never make again. Once I decided to cancel my subscription, they kept trying to convince me to stay, but again no compassion. So I said, get me out of there, I will eat my expensive mistake, just delete me. Finally they agreed. Never again. Not ever. If I am single the rest of my life, it is better than being letched at by creeps. Good luck to you if you're there. But honestly.... don't bother. And the fact that they don't have compassion means that they are JUST AS BAD as the creeps they let on the platform. Buyer Beware.

Is your car out of warranty?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right extended auto warranty for you.

eharmony expert review by Mark Brooks

eHarmony is the largest dating site geared specifically towards long-term relationships and marriage minded singles. They claim to be responsible for over 500 new marriages every day in the US.

• In-depth entry questionnaire: eHarmony asks all of its members a little more than 300 multiple choice questions before allowing them to enter into their ranks. This in-depth questionnaire is geared at giving the site enough information to help provide you with qualified potential matches.

• No Searching: In sharp contrast to other dating sites, eHarmony does not allow members to search directly for matches. Instead, it uses the answers from the questionnaire to provide you with a selection of daily matches that should be compatible with your needs and desires in a partner.

• Guided Communication: Instead of sending off an email or wink like you would do on most sites, eHarmony takes members through 4 steps of guided communication before allowing you to continue with open communication with a new match. The guided communication is designed to help assure compatibility and that you don't waste energy on bad matches.

• Best for: People looking for long-term relationships and marriage.

by Mark Brooks Online Dating & Matchmaking Contributing Editor

Harvard Business School graduate, Mark Brooks, has been an expert in the Internet dating business since 1998. He is currently the CEO of Courtland Brooks, a consultancy agency for the Internet dating industry, and runs OnlinePersonalsWatch.com. He prides himself on being a New Media Futurist and can be reached at LinkedIn.

eHarmony Company Information