Find an Online Dating Sites partner

eHarmony Reviews

3.4/5 (1606 ratings)
Find an Online Dating Sites partner
Banner image

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

About eHarmony Reviews

Los Angeles-based eharmony launched in the United States in 2000 with its patented Compatibility Matching System® which allows eharmony members to be matched with compatible persons with whom they are likely to enjoy a long-term relationship.

Banner image

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

eHarmony Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about eHarmony?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about eharmony?

Original review: Oct. 14, 2021

Made an account and for you to even see people you match with or message them you have to pay for premium. Signed up thinking it would only be £6 a month and they charge £160 saying that they made me a personality profile that they send you by email. Obviously asked for a refund and they get to keep £65 for only providing me less than a day of what I actually signed up for which was the dating app and said that it was the cost of the personality profile done at the start (which is some questions about what would you do in different types of scenarios). They call themselves a dating app but is in reality a personality quiz profile. Is ridiculous, the t&C's that they held against me as reason for no full refund was written with manipulative writing and confusing. I would sue them if I had the time or money, someone definitely should. It's misleading, disappointing and ridiculous. So yeah, avoid like the damn plague!

Original review: Oct. 12, 2021

I signed on thinking I would be charged monthly as this is what was advertised. It was not until right after I signed on that I saw that a lump sum was taken out of my account. Just about $400. I asked for a refund and they refused me stating that Canada is not eligible for a refund and that I signed on for 12 months. Very deceitful.

Get buying tips about Online Dating Sites and Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2021

This service may only work if you live in a large city or densely populated area. For us that live outside the city, it is worthless and ridiculously expensive. I had only 2 matches relatively close to me, the rest were anywhere from 3 to 5 hours away. Just imagine, driving 10 hours to date someone. That's not dating. That's a vacation! Further, no reasoning is accepted by this company. Once you sign, you pay, no matter what. Forget cancellations, it doesn't matter if the product does not fit you or does not apply to your lifestyle. Don't waste your money, find other alternatives or a more consumer-friendly service.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2021

Fill out a lot of profiling information, be told it’s free, get into site only to find out you can’t see anyone’s face unless you pay, be told it’s 50% off, then realize that’s only for the first month. Ask for refund within 2 hours of signing up, be denied because they literally do not care about you and only want your money. There are very few profiles on this site. No one likes or used eHarmony anymore. The only decent thing I’ve ever heard about this company comes from The Secret Life of Walter Mitty with Ben Stiller. Otherwise eHarmony is a total joke! Worst customer service I’ve ever had.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2021

They refused my request and I had to pay for a full year in four months. The matches were extremely limited and not compatible. I would not recommend this site and was extremely displeased with the customer service.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2021

I joined, it gave me 3 days to cancel, I thought well 3 days is not enough time to give a chance, so on the 4th day I cancelled. I got the subscription for $160+ and it was going to take out $41 over 4 months so I agreed. Cancelled my membership and now they want to still charge even though I can talk to anyone I can only view now. Can’t message, so I’m stuck with a site that really only paired me up with separated men and men that are 5’5”. No offense I’m 5’8” and just not comfortable with dating someone shorter than me. But the point is, they don’t have many good matches so I basically just gave my money away. Long time ago they use to not take people who were separated because I was one of them, now they don’t care. Ethical my **! He still has the possibility of going back to his wife, DUH! So now I’m out $160 with no date in sight. I’m joining Match there’s a reason they're #1.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2021

If I could give eHarmony 0 stars I would, even less than zero! To use the site even for its basic purposes (view profile photos, message people or see your matches) you have to sign up for a subscription. I signed up on the basis that they advertised a 14 day cooling off period. After signing up within 30 minutes I decided I wanted to cancel. I had 8 matches, none of them were in my local area, none of them matched my preferences that I had put in my personality profile. I emailed to cancel and got told my 14 day cooling period was not possible as I lived in Australia!

I then refuted this as in Australia we are entitled to a 14 day cooling off period. I then got slammed with terms and conditions that are so misleading and also unfair for consumers, favoring states that only got a cancellation period from filing a LAWSUIT! (Google for the evidence and you will see). I have emailed them and I have received no responses. I have asked to speak to a manager, no responses. There is not even a number you can call them on to talk to somebody, it's just a total scam! I would avoid at all costs. Read reviews before you sign up. I would actually rather be single for my whole life than use this service, even if it was the only dating service you could use!

Original review: Oct. 7, 2021

Thought I was signing up for a month, billed for a year. At first they said it was outside the 3 days, it wasn't. Then I was told my state doesn't have 3 day cancellation. Filed a complaint with Paypal. PayPal agreed it was unauthorized. They are still sending me a bill.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2021

After filling out what seemed like an interesting-ish survey you're presented with your "personality profile" and asked to sign up. There are no safety checks or verifications at all on this site. If you're able to click a keyboard and have a valid credit card... you're in. Solidly 75% of the pictures put up look like they were just grabbed from some social media feed somewhere. Most of the people you'll "encounter" don't visit the site often, aren't checking their messages… Etc. etc.

The entire customer support is offshore… The whole vibe is fairly hostile… Most of the women seem disappointed with the service and our suspicious… Which makes perfect sense. It's like attending the worst party you've ever been to. So when you inevitably say "please let me out of this" you'll be speaking to someone in the Philippines who is basically just reading you the same contract language he's read over and over again because nobody wants to stay. I requested my money back inside of 24 hours and was told I don't qualify for a refund. These guys will be hitting up my credit card for a year. Do not sign up for this site.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2021

I thought I was signing up for one month and later found out it was 350.00 they charged me for 12 months. Asked for a refund and was refused. They said that I agreed to certain terms which apparently meant no refund.

eharmony author review by Mark Brooks

eHarmony is the largest dating site geared specifically towards long-term relationships and marriage minded singles. They claim to be responsible for over 500 new marriages every day in the US.

• In-depth entry questionnaire: eHarmony asks all of its members a little more than 300 multiple choice questions before allowing them to enter into their ranks. This in-depth questionnaire is geared at giving the site enough information to help provide you with qualified potential matches.

• No Searching: In sharp contrast to other dating sites, eHarmony does not allow members to search directly for matches. Instead, it uses the answers from the questionnaire to provide you with a selection of daily matches that should be compatible with your needs and desires in a partner.

• Guided Communication: Instead of sending off an email or wink like you would do on most sites, eHarmony takes members through 4 steps of guided communication before allowing you to continue with open communication with a new match. The guided communication is designed to help assure compatibility and that you don't waste energy on bad matches.

by Mark Brooks Online Dating & Matchmaking Contributing Editor

Harvard Business School graduate, Mark Brooks, has been an expert in the Internet dating business since 1998. He is currently the CEO of Courtland Brooks, a consultancy agency for the Internet dating industry, and runs OnlinePersonalsWatch.com. He prides himself on being a New Media Futurist and can be reached at LinkedIn.

eHarmony Company Information