Find an Online Dating Sites partner

eHarmony Reviews

3.7/5 (1588 ratings)
Find an Online Dating Sites partner
Banner image

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

About eHarmony Reviews

Los Angeles-based eharmony launched in the United States in 2000 with its patented Compatibility Matching System® which allows eharmony members to be matched with compatible persons with whom they are likely to enjoy a long-term relationship.

Banner image

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

eHarmony Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about eHarmony?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about eharmony?

Original review: July 20, 2021

This online website claims it will develop a personality profile for its applicants to further its claims that the aforementioned profile will be scientifically compared to similar profile inventories in order to provide a match-making service with a superior statistical rate of success. I can provide expert testimony from psychologists that the questionnaire presented to the applicants can in no way provide a psychological profile necessary to make comparative analysis of subjects' compatibility.

Original review: July 19, 2021

If I could choose "NO" stars in the rating scale here, I would, but unfortunately the lowest rating I can give is 1 star. I agree 100% with the reviews of Kala of Riverdale, GA, Jen of Charlottesville, VA and Mark of Morgantown, PA, in all regards. I wish I had looked at the reviews on here first before submitting my credit card to eHarmony for the 1 year, 3-payment subscription. First of all I did not realize it is NO LONGER a "Christian" exclusive website. Secondly, I too found a connection off the site, and no longer needed the service. I explained I wanted to cancel and they told me as well that I would not get the refund of the remaining 2 payments, but had to instead cancel my subscription and eat the loss myself. And finally, their supposed "Compatibility Test" is a sham, compared to what the Christian based original E Harmony had in place.

And I had a few messages from weirdos asking for more explicit photos from me, so I don't understand how they can claim quality members of integrity, if that is the type of repulsive messages I am getting. I'm not paying to meet degenerates. All I can say is that I barely ever write reviews, but I locked my credit card for the remaining balance of the 2 months and they sent me to collections. A total SCAM, but a great racket for the owner of the company who is making out like a bandit. Stay clear of this dating site.

Get buying tips about Online Dating Sites and Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 19, 2021

I wished I had read these reviews before signing up with eHarmony. I know the matches are based upon women who have signed up in my part of the country, and is further limited to my preferences. As an FYI, I am over 60 and located near a major university in the South-East. I started with 100 mile search range, but soon increased that number. I had a few matches for the first week, and then they trickled off to almost zero. Most of the matches were over 3 hours away. The filters did not work properly. I asked for particular women (white/Caucasian), and ended up with too many who did not meet that simply preference. Well, I signed up for a year, and that was a very poor choice. No refund. I have turned off automatic renewal. My advice is to go elsewhere. Good luck in your searches! I am off to Tinder and Coffee Meet Bagel.

Original review: July 18, 2021

This company is a total rip off -- $300.00 for a 6 month membership - more than 1/2 are non-members - 2 dates I went on walked out and left me a $200.00 bill and texted me thanking me for the FREE meal -- I reached out to customer service to explain I had significant medical expenses and asked not to take the money out of my bank on the scheduled date -- all the agent did was copy/paste in chat and read a script on the phone -- no compassion at all - did not care at all -- only wanted to take my money -- so I am going to my bank and close my account since they do not care neither do I - this way they won't get paid - they ripped me off and I avoid them as much as possible -- poor customer service, poor attitudes, people should be in business if they are only care about the money and not the people themselves -

Original review: July 17, 2021

Unfortunately I agreed to eHarmony’s very one sided agreement for a one year membership. After the first week I discovered that eHarmony was matching me with majority of people who lived completely out of my area, or people I would have nothing in common with. I contacted eHarmony to let them I was extremely unsatisfied with membership and I offered to pay for a month at full price membership because I was extremely unhappy after 1-2 weeks. Their response back was for me to lower my expectations and I was still on the hook for a year membership. I was never part of an introductory offer and I had no idea how poor the membership is. I feel I have every right to cancel and not be held responsible for a year membership.

Original review: July 15, 2021

eHarmony features an automatic deduction to your credit card, then make it near impossible to disable it. End result, high debt and no services rendered. Even after I tried to cancel they still sent my "debt" to a collection agency. Below excerpt from "Customer Service" (grammatical errors are his.) "Please be advised that your subscription was renewed as the automatic renewal feature was not yet disable. The automatic renewal feature is here to provide continuity of service and renews all paid subscriptions for 12-month without any discount." Worst part, I never received a single acceptable prospect from eHarmony, while having dozens on Match. When I tried repeatedly to resolve this billing issue and received contradictory messages and finally a rather rude response by the grammatically challenged "Ivan B." This is a money making machine, and you, the person looking for love are the ATM.

Original review: July 13, 2021

I joined Eharmony for free and couldn’t connect with anyone, then they gave me the 3 day subscription. Two people who I was chatting with were already in relationships (married), and the other one gave me the bird and called me fat. There is a very low threshold for maturity on the site and DEFINITELY not worth $289+ if you are over 40. Stick with the free sites if you don’t want to pay to meet cheaters and bullies. I was smart to cancel before I got on their “financial hook.”

Original review: July 7, 2021

Wish I read the reviews first. Subscription is ridiculously expensive, not satisfied with the application altogether, and they don't refund money. And they call themselves Christian. That is not God like at all. Don't subscribe!!!!

Original review: July 7, 2021

They have the worst customer service policy. I signed up for the 12 month service but only ended up using it for a few days before I found the love of my life without the use of their service. I tried to cancel my subscription since I no longer required it and barely used it but they said that all they can do is delete my account and continue to take my monthly payments. I wasn't asking for a complete refund... I was asking to cancel the last 2 payments since I wouldn't be using the services at all. They weren't even open to that compromise. I have even worked for a company that even if the customer had used 90% of the product the customer could return it for a refund if they weren't completely satisfied with it. eHarmony wasn't even willing to take a compromise of half the cost for only a few days worth of use. They clearly don't actually care about people finding love; they only care about taking as much money as possible from lonely people.

Also, the service itself was not the best. Had very few conversations with people who I would actually consider getting into a relationship with. And occasionally I would have issues with the app. It is definitely not worth the money no matter how lonely you are and how much you want to find a partner. I wouldn't recommend this service to anyone, not even a total stranger.

Original review: July 6, 2021

Over half of the profiles I was 'matched' with had no pictures. When I asked for them to include an option to only be matched with profiles with photos I was basically told I was shallow. So I am paying over 300.00 to be matched with faceless matches? If a person wants to keep a low profile, one of the terrible responses I received, then why be on a dating site? Don't waste that much money. Stay on Tinder or Coffee meets Bagel.

eharmony author review by Mark Brooks

eHarmony is the largest dating site geared specifically towards long-term relationships and marriage minded singles. They claim to be responsible for over 500 new marriages every day in the US.

• In-depth entry questionnaire: eHarmony asks all of its members a little more than 300 multiple choice questions before allowing them to enter into their ranks. This in-depth questionnaire is geared at giving the site enough information to help provide you with qualified potential matches.

• No Searching: In sharp contrast to other dating sites, eHarmony does not allow members to search directly for matches. Instead, it uses the answers from the questionnaire to provide you with a selection of daily matches that should be compatible with your needs and desires in a partner.

• Guided Communication: Instead of sending off an email or wink like you would do on most sites, eHarmony takes members through 4 steps of guided communication before allowing you to continue with open communication with a new match. The guided communication is designed to help assure compatibility and that you don't waste energy on bad matches.

by Mark Brooks Online Dating & Matchmaking Contributing Editor

Harvard Business School graduate, Mark Brooks, has been an expert in the Internet dating business since 1998. He is currently the CEO of Courtland Brooks, a consultancy agency for the Internet dating industry, and runs OnlinePersonalsWatch.com. He prides himself on being a New Media Futurist and can be reached at LinkedIn.

eHarmony Company Information