eHarmony
eHarmony
1.09/5
Based on 165 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

eHarmony Reviews

Los Angeles-based eharmony (www.eharmony.com) launched in the United States in 2000 with its patented Compatibility Matching System® which allows eharmony members to be matched with compatible persons with whom they are likely to enjoy a long-term relationship.

Customer Care Information:

Email Support: UserSupport@eharmony.com

Hours: 24 Hours, 7 Days a Week

Chat Support: www.eharmony.com/chat

Hours: 8am - 5pm Pacific, Monday - Friday

Refund Policy: Regarding the Singles Service, the buyer, may cancel the Agreement, without any penalty or obligation, at any time prior to midnight of the third business day following the date of Agreement, excluding Sundays and holidays.

View More View More

2038 eHarmony Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 23, 2018

Do not use this service! The matches are anyone they can hook to pay their very expensive monthly fees. DO NOT sign up for more than a month, you won’t be able to cancel the account until eHarmony.com has drained every penny for your subscription. There is no “compatibility match”, just accounts with one or two pictures, or ghost accounts. Not worth the money they so gallantly ripped people off.

Original review: June 22, 2018

This site is so bad. I never met anyone. The ones I did send messages to never responded back. I use it for 30 days. Didn't speak with not one person. I deleted and canceled my account and actually saved the cancellation message because I did read the reviews before of how they will still be taking your money afterward. I canceled several months ago. I met my boyfriend on POF. We even live together now. This morning I check my account to pay a bill and out the blue I see they charge my card again. Out of nowhere. I haven't been on that site in months. Most definitely thieves and a ripoff. Now I have to do a fraud report at my bank just to get my money back. It's sad.

Get expert buying tips about Online Dating Sites and Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 21, 2018

USELESS. First I think I'm at least a decent looking guy, I'm fit, athletic, dont have a beer gut, 5'10 in height, 172 pounds, I dress professionally in all my pics. I have also tried Match.com and Zoosk. Both are better than eHarmony but I wanted to try eHarmony because they claim to match you with the right person based on their questionnaire. BS. I wish I had read these reviews before I committed to the 3 month subscription. I only have a few days left till it runs out, and I hope they don't charge me anymore. I did turn off auto-renewal.

Original review: June 21, 2018

I have no problem with eHarmony itself - I used it for about 3 months. However, when I tried to cancel it turned into a nightmare. It was such a complicated process that I delayed for 9 months (and continued paying the $29.99/mo). When I finally called to cancel I was on the phone for 1 hour and 28 minutes not counting hold time at the beginning. I have NEVER experienced anything like it and I will NEVER use eHarmony again just because of the cancellation process.

The technician on the phone was nice although I had trouble understanding him and vice versa due to his Indian accent and I had to allow him to take control of my computer screen, access my bank checking account, take pics of my driver's license and a pic of myself (to verify my identity supposedly) and maneuver through my email, iPhone, and computer to get my refund and cancel. I will not be surprised whatsoever if I wake up tomorrow and discover my bank account has been emptied and my identity stolen. I was just so desperate to cancel the freaking subscription!

Original review: June 19, 2018

This is the worse dating site I've experienced. I had an account & I had to call in to cancel & delete it but it never gets deleted. Then several months later I checked to see if there were any activities on my account that was canceled & I removed all the pics however when I logged in, all my pictures were still there & other people's pictures too. You can never delete your account. They do that so they can say they have all these people with accounts on their site but in fact over half are inactive & can't delete their account. They are a mafia!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about eharmony?

Original review: June 19, 2018

This dating site is such a ripoff and not worth it at all. I never go on dating sites and thought this one would be better since they are so known and charge so much, but I was very wrong. Me and a co-worker went through the whole questionnaire and at the end it wouldn't let you go month-to-month, you were required to pay for 3 months at $180.00. She got out and said forget it. I stupidly did not. Few hours later, they offered her the same membership, but for 1/3 of the price. I e-mailed them about that and they refused to at least honor the price my co-worker was offered. This is a joke and really bad business practice. Even worse, every person I'm match with is old enough to be my dad or looks older than my dad. This has been such a complete waste of my time and money. I should have just went on the free sites. My friends all do and easily find good people without being screwed over.

Original review: June 18, 2018

I joined eHarmony over a year ago and paid for a year up front. During that entire time I only heard from three people and a few scammers that were removed. The matches were unsatisfactory and none of the men who were picked for me hardly at all answered any of the questions on their end of the profile. All the men want younger women or all the profiles seem fake. I was and am very unhappy with the site. I felt I had a reasonable profile and ok pictures.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: June 14, 2018

I recently joined eHarmony and had one of the worst experiences of my life. I was matched with a member of the KKK who had previously been arrested for hate crimes. I'm a disabled woman so this was extra terrifying. I tried to cancel my account and request that I not have to pay the final two installments and was told I couldn't because it was not within the first three days. One would assume there would be an exception when someone's life is put at risk. I intend to pursue this.

Dear Robyn,

My name is Scott and I'm very sorry to hear about your experience. Our members safety and security is of paramount importance to us. If you have not already been in touch with our Trust and Safety team, please email me at membercare@eharmony.com using the email address on your eharmony account and I'll be happy to try and help you further.

Original review: June 6, 2018

I joined eHarmony as it was a suggestion from a friend who met her husband on the service. I joined and paid for the full 12 months I went through all the questions posted pictures I participate on a regular basis when I get the notification of "new" matches and I have been on eHarmony 4 going on 5 months now and I have not met a single person, have not had a single date. 99% of everyone I contact ignores me and every time I reach out to eHarmony they blame me for it for not having an exciting profile and they keep telling me to give it more time. From where I sit eHarmony is a five star waste of time! Very disappointed and vexed with the entire experience.

Hi J.L.,

My name is Scott and I'm sorry to hear you've had any concerns regarding a lack of communication from your matches. This is a process that takes time, a different amount for everyone. Communicating with every match that interests you is key, but even doing that, you will end up with matches who don't respond at all. I'd like to see if there's anything I can do to improve your experience. Please email me at membercare@eharmony.com from the email address used on your eharmony account.

Original review: June 6, 2018

I am Sierra and I have a subscription with eHarmony. I will tell you it is the worst thing I have ever signed up for. I got the 6 month subscription, because I felt like it was time for me to rejoin the dating life after a year and half of me and my boyfriend breaking up. You go through all these questions about yourself and what you look for in a partner. Well I thought "Well hey, with all these questions it shouldn't be long since I meet someone?" Yeah, that was wrong! I have been on this site for a month now. I will tell you it isn't all how they make it cracked up to be on TV. You have to pay a pretty hefty subscription fee, usually 3 installments. That is one thing I didn't like about it. I was hoping they would have something you can pay monthly, have benefits with the site and if you no longer want it, cancel and have your benefits taken away.

Sounds like a good deal to me, yeah well now I am stuck in it for 6 months, fixing to be on my second payment and have yet to find anyone close to me. When I finally did find someone at least an hour, he stopped talking to me like after a week or 2 when we finally gave each other our phone number. eHarmony has these questions you can ask someone and instead of giving me real answers you have these pre-written answers so far most of the guys I have talked to used. That made me feel like crap, because here I am giving true answers and they giving me pre-written answers. Made me feel like they weren't truly interested. I have no guys around my area and if I did, they aren't attracted to me. There isn't much to choose from and when I put my desire to be close to home, I don't have any matches and eHarmony is trying to get me to open the destination up farther than what I want.

If you don't PAY you can't do anything. Basically eHarmony is just money hungry. I am sure if I canceled my subscription I would still be charged the 3 month installment fee. Please, please stay away from eHarmony. You will have better luck on your own finding someone instead of dating sites. I haven't tried many, but the ones I have tried either want money or it's a bunch of pervs looking for one thing that I don't want to give.

Hi Sierra,

My name is Scott and I'm very sorry to hear you've had a less than favorable experience on the site. Please know that even with what we can do, this is still a process that takes time; sometimes it takes a long time. It's different for each person.

I'd like to see if I can help you out with your account and your match concerns. Please contact me at membercare@eharmony.com from the email address on your account and I'll be happy to see if I can help you out.

Original review: June 2, 2018

As the rest of the reviewers have stated, this site basically is a fraud! I could swear the advertisement that caught my attention and entice me into giving this expensive site a try was the promise of matching you with a specially designed scientific system or "3 months money back guarantee" which now is nowhere to be found! I've been contacting customer service since the very beginning expressing my dissatisfaction and even though once got an automatic reply stating that they will reduce to half my annual membership THAT NEVER HAPPENED.

They charged the full price of $191.40. All I got as replies was: "Give it time..." "Be patience..." No matches in my area! No communication exchange whatsoever! No notifications! Every time I've contacted customer service to express my frustration, mysteriously a very interested prospect will appear and once I replied one or two messages they will vanished and I got a message stating this is no longer an eligible match. But customer service always had a recommendation for me to buy time! "Update your profile." "Update pictures." "Give it time." "Be patient." I've finally contacted them requesting my money back and this time: They haven't even sent a courtesy reply. This is completely a FRAUD!

Original review: May 30, 2018

This is hands down, the worst dating website ever. They seem to have only the singles who no one wants to date. Real duds. They charge more than any other website, and never bother to contact their clients or even ask for feedback. Horrible waste of money and depressing too! Basically, this is big fraud. DON'T MAKE THE MISTAKE OF PAYING THEM A DIME. You will find much better singles on the regular websites.

Hi Julie,

My name is Scott and I'm very sorry to hear you've had a less than exemplary experience so far on the site. Please know that we do actually have several means for members to provide feedback. Our Help FAQ's have a feedback option and you can send feedback via mobile devices as well. I'd be happy to review your account and see what we can do to improve your experience. Please reach out to me at membercare@eharmony.com from the email address on your eharmony account.

Original review: May 30, 2018

I signed up for eHarmony because supposedly they are the best online dating site. I signed up, filled out my profile and then waited, and waited and waited. I am specific about dating in my area not having a long-distance experience. Really only 3-5 fellas in my city. After a month nothing changed and their response is to broaden my area base. That becomes long-distance dating and not the ability to meet for lunch or coffee or for a walk after work. I asked for my money back, but instead they extended my membership and charged me again. I signed up for one month but they charged me for 3 and when I asked to get that changed I received no answer and nothing was done. The worst! The absolute worst online experience!

Updated on 05/31/2018: It gets worse! I received an email from eHarmony this morning regarding my wish to leave and not renew. They suggested that I log-in and change my standards for what I'm looking for in a relationship. Obviously they are not going to refund my money nor are they going to take responsibility in not informing this consumer that my area had few participants in my age, religion, age group, and other choices. Basically, if I just modify (compromise) my needs and my standards, they can find me a date. My happiness or needs are not important to them. They DO NOT know what I want for me more than I do. The worst!

Original review: May 22, 2018

I had a bad experience with eHarmony so I canceled my subscription. When the year subscription ended they again took money from my card for the next year. Well when I discovered this I began to use again the service imposed on me from and paid for without my desire. BUT... after while they blocked me from accessing my account. I sent them a letter but I do not get any answer. This is just disgusting behavior in online dating markets. I think eHarmony is a trap for singles to lure their money.

eHarmony response

Hi Lisa, I'm sorry to hear you had any trouble with your account being closed. If you'll contact us at membercare@eharmony.com from the email address associated with your account, I can get you in touch with our Trust and Safety team, who can give you information about what happened.

Original review: May 17, 2018

I signed up for eHarmony in 2004 and had a totally different experience. Back then, it was a much different process and you actually had to make a sort of a commitment to get to know someone before discounting them and moving on. Today, it's just like any other dating site. Had I known this before signing up for a year, then I wouldn't have wasted my money. I sent many messages and never got any responses. One guy I chatted with said he could only chat until Sunday because he was using the Free Weekend promo. I think because of the free weekends, there are lots of guys who have profiles but have no way to communicate unless they pay. And let's face it, it's not cheap.

So, while it may seem like there are lots of available men in your area, in reality you can't talk to or meet any of them. I never met anyone and I only chatted with one guy. ONE in an entire year! I would not recommend eHarmony to anyone. I didn't even try to get my money back because it was next to impossible to find a real human to speak to. I've deleted all my emails from them, so I don't have my order number. But I was a paying customer from February 2017-February 2018.

Original review: May 9, 2018

I signed up about 1 hour ago and when I began to use it became apparent that I had bought a "pig in a poke". The site is HORRIBLE ~ PERIOD. Trying to get a refund is like pulling wisdom teeth. I would recommend this site to no one!! Stay clear!!

Original review: May 7, 2018

I signed up for this site because a friend suggested it to me as an alternative to free dating websites/companies (Tinder, OK Cupid, Coffee Meets Bagel, etc.). I filled out their long lists of questions to find the perfect match and chose the 12 month plan paid in 3 separate payments. I barely had time check my account due to long hours at work and a few days after I signed up I found out I will be going away from the country with no set return date. I contacted the company as soon as I could, which ended up being a few hours after the "3 day limit to cancel policy" as the representative told me over the phone. She sent me an email with 2 questions to answer (1, the email I used and 2, what my reason was for canceling). The representative also said "the 'specialists' should be able to refund you since it was only a short time after the cancelation time restriction." I explained the situation very clearly when I replied to the email.

After no response for more than a day, I called again. Another representative said he had no ability to help and that he would send me an email to contact the 'specialists' by answering 2 questions. Once I looked and noticed it was the exact same email, I told him this was the same email I received before. He told me "no, this is a different 'specialist'." So I proceeded to answer the questions once more in the same manner. Finally 4 days later, I get a reply that due to my situation the specialist, Michella **, will waive my future payments and close down my account but is unable to refund me my initial payment of $63.80 (which was the payment for the first 3 months of use).

When I called again, the representative told me there is nothing he could do about it. I asked to speak to higher management or their supervisor and was told they won't be able to speak to me and that the case is already closed. No matter how clearly I explained my situation and argued how they made me pay $63.80 to not be able to even use my account, the rep kept saying there is nothing he can do. I can't remember the last time I felt so scammed and robbed. $63.80 is a lot of money, especially if you cannot utilize what you paid for. The fact that a dating company would do this a few hours after their "3 cancelation" policy is ruthless and inconsiderate. More so, it shows how they care more about taking and holding on to money that they don't even earn. On that note... eHarmony customer service and 'specialists'... you earn a 0/5 stars from me (and from a lot more people as I can now see). The 1 star is just needed to post this review. SHAME ON YOU!

Original review: May 5, 2018

Everything that other reviewers have said is true and I have had the same terrible experience. The first time I signed up on eHarmony was in 2011 and it was a decent site at that time. You can browse profiles on your own and I met a couple of nice guys. I have not dated much the past few years so I decided to give eHarmony another try. After all, their ads claim a high success rate and their matching system was designed by a psychologist, I forget his name. I signed up in February this year and the site looks completely different. It is sparse and you just know they invested little time and money to make it a useful site. I got no emails, the same matches over the last 3 months and never heard back from anyone that I reached out to. I mostly wanted to know if they were still active on the site and what is their experience, no replies.

One guy did reply and he just wanted to see pictures of me in a bikini or lingerie. I blocked him. Then a couple of weeks ago someone did message me, thanking me for my interest but he just started seeing someone so was not interested. Huh? I never emailed this guy. Just another attempt by eHarmony to claim they do find matches for you. I was glad I only signed up for three months on a promotional rate and I'm just waiting for it to run out. I made sure I turned off the auto renewal and told PayPal I have no auto payment with eHarmony. Then guess what, yesterday I got an email from them. Good news they said, my subscription has been extended for 3 months no cost! Thanks I will check in every few weeks but I am sure the matches will still be the same ones and no one will reply to my emails because the profiles are either fake or the person has run away after the terrible experience. Do not waste your money or time on this site.

Hi Winn,

My name is Scott and I'm very sorry to hear you've had a less than exemplary experience so far on the site. If you have not been receiving any new matches since you rejoined, it's possible that your Matching is turned off. You can check that in your Match Preferences - General settings. If it is on, I'd be happy to review your account and see what we can do to improve your experience. Please reach out to me at membercare@eharmony.com from the email address on your eharmony account.

Original review: May 5, 2018

I don't have horrible dating stories as some of you guys and girls have had. My experience is in the "they gave no other choice than a full year subscription, and I figured it would be worth it so what the heck." However, I got the same ten matches posted and when I attempted to change the criteria from what was listed when initializing the account, the buttons would flip right back to where they were before using the drop-down, such as for "age range." I work a bit so I did not have a chance to verify what I was saying as malfunctioning behavior until the next weekend. (I have a lot of trouble dating so I figured this was just my minimal personality matches showing the same people.)

So when I discovered that this was in fact dysfunctional behavior, I then discovered that they were running the same scam that Match runs where they take your money and won't give it back, almost especially if you are staring at a blank page or a page full of exactly the opposite of what you are supposed to be seeing. I sent an email description to customer service as the support person indicated last Friday. (Oh, and my matches were "turned off" however, she had to direct me to the location within the site where the option would be listed, where it was not off, due to presumed action on the support person's side.) They are a complete scam and DO NOT believe the targeted ads for "**" dating. It is all just false marketing. (I would say fake news but that would attribute too much humor into this fraud of a situation.)

I did speak to a female that I messaged and she indicated having had the same experience with disappointment and lacking in matches of ** on the site. This was quite amazing to me because she basically looked like a slightly more equalized body-typed version the female from the beginning of the F.B.G.M video by T-Pain. (It is on YouTube and you will be wondering why she even needed a dating site, until she indicated she attracted the wrong attention.) My issue was with a dysfunctional site, and now I am basically stuck with this year subscription on nonsense. So not only do they take your money, but they also steal your time while wasting emails and other attempted contact. And they love trying to make it seem like all their hidden policies are widely known and there is total choice in the matter. I didn't even know you could pay monthly because no other option was given.

I figured that since the "Psychologist" was promoting this site, then it may actually lead to legitimate matches, and if not then the look will be difficult in real or virtual life. However, I was not expecting to be scammed and taken advantage of at all. DO NOT PAY FOR THIS SITE!!! It is a total scam. Also, I thought back on the marriage success stories depicted on TV and realized I have never observed one ** plus ** couple. However this was during the process of realizing they had conned me with a malfunctioning site and fake marketing.

Original review: May 4, 2018

I joined eHarmony in late March 2018. I paid $97 for an opportunity I thought to meet a nice guy that this company has bragged about for years. I even paid for advice that was little more than "I like your profile. I think everything is fine." Needless to say, I answered the profile questions and got all of these "matches" but none of the matches during the first week was interested except to ask pointless questions and sent "smiles." I did exchange numbers with one guy who was a religious freak and asked me all kinds of weird personal questions and then he hinted about his sexual needs. I didn't report this to eHarmony; I just chalked it up as a bad experience.

Well, my matches became more and more but less and less communication. It seemed no guy was interested enough to contact me. I even sent smiles and got nothing back. Well a couple of weeks ago I called eHarmony to ask how could I improve my chances and was told "just be patient." I kept receiving emails that said there was suspicious activity with some of my matches. They were removed and eHarmony wanted me to know that so they said.

Now...I get an email saying my password was "changed" and I had to use the password given to me by eHarmony. No explanation, just change your password so I could continue the site. I had just submitted my second $97 for April this past Monday. Two days later I get an email saying there was suspicious activity and they were dropping my account without any explanation. And if I wanted an explanation I was to contact the trust and safety department. I got this letter from the risk department with eHarmony. No contact name or phone number; just email addresses. I called customer service and they were of little help. I even tried emailing to customer service and I got a Mailer-Daemon response.

I do not like to be accused of something without having that disclosed to me. To take my money and tell me I have no choice but to accept being dropped with no explanation is not right to me. I work in the Department of Corrections and there is due process for any crime. I am being convicted at eHarmony without my Miranda rights so to speak.

eHarmony response

Hi Andrea, I'm very sorry to hear you had any trouble with your account. Unfortunately in cases like this, our Customer Care team can't assist you. In order to resolve whatever the issue may have been with your account, you do need to please fill out and send back the email you received from the Trust and Safety team. One of our specialists will then get back in contact with you regarding your account.

Original review: May 3, 2018

I joined eHarmony and had requested matches between 35 and 45 years old. The results would match me with older and younger, as well as with men outside of my mileage range. The matches were also very few. I called and asked to cancel. The service rep convinced me to try it until the end of the month and if I wasn't satisfied to call back and I would get a refund. I agreed. After giving it a try and realizing that it's a terrible dating site, I called back. They refused to reimburse me! I wrote several times to no avail. Now that I'm stuck on the site - one man did write to me and I had interest. Turns out, his profile was taken down because he was a fraud. DO NOT USE EHARMONY. I'm pursuing legal avenues to get reimbursed and warning as many people as possible.

eHarmony response

Hi Crystal, Our refund policy is 3-business days, with Sunday's not counting as a business day. That can be extended out to 14 days as it sounds like was done with your account. We will absolutely refund you if the request was made within the 14 day extension you were offered. Feel free to contact us at membercare@eharmony.com and we can expedite a review of your refund request, should one already not have been received.

Resolution response: May 24, 2018

There is no resolution with this company because their response was just making excuses for their own shortcomings where customer service & entitlement is concerned

Original review: May 3, 2018

I signed with biggest regret not reading reviews before I signed in since they are not doing their job. I don't hear from them at all. I have accounts with RSVP and MATCH but not a member yet I still get daily yes daily matches. But with eHarmony, zilch. Nothing!!!

eHarmony response

Hi Lee, my name is Scott and I'm very sorry to hear you've had trouble receiving matches. While we don't guarantee matches will be delivered daily, you should still be getting some. I'd like to take a look at your account and see what I can do to help. Please reply back to me at membercare@eharmony.com from the email address that's on your account.

Original review: April 30, 2018

I got billed $199 within 2 months! Was billed on a Friday afternoon. Tried to cancel. Spent 30 min on the phone. They were closed on Saturday evening and all day Sunday. Called on Monday morning. Was told it was too late for a refund because 3 days have passed. How is that fair if you are closed on one of the 3 business days? Still waiting for an 'account specialist' request form. Not happy with their service. Well-made website but really bad service. Cons you into retaining your subscription. I will be claiming this last charge as fraudulent activity through my bank.

eHarmony response

Hi Nathan - Our refund policy is 3-business days, with Sunday's not counting as a business day. We will absolutely refund you if the request was made within the third business day. Feel free to contact us at membercare@eharmony.com and we can expedite a review of your refund request, should one already not have been received.

Original review: April 23, 2018

This dating site with the clever TV ads is never rated high on any independent ratings board reason being well first they Don’t actually care, they are really struggling in a marketplace that has quickly exploded with better, more affordable and more accessible sites out there offering vastly improved services. My advice to ANYONE considering online dating is to DO your research first from sites like these that in no way benefit from the companies being reviewed. My personal experience with eHarmony was so bad I actually had to file a restraining order against the guy I went out on a date with. Briefly stated the guy had posted a fifteen year old picture that depicted a younger and thinner (by about 180lbs) person. The guy then became abusive physically and the whole experience Has left me with a clear physical scar that shall remind me for the rest of my life not to trust what people say in a dating profile.

Original review: April 19, 2018

I too wish I would’ve seen these reviews prior to subscribing for a year, paying three installments, mind you that they charged within the first three months. There are minimal selections of matches and the same people are shown over and again. My selected criteria is not paid attention to; they are of various ages and from other cities. I have tried to call and cancel, yet not I’m not allowed to, and the supervisor is busy. I am very very dissatisfied. I feel like this is a scam, and I hope that one day someone who is legally savvy will hold them accountable, as I will truly back advocate for accountability in whatever way I identify.

Hi Lisa,

I'm very sorry to hear you've had any dissatisfaction with your matches and the service. It sounds like your Match Preferences may not be optimally set. I'd like try and help improve your experience on the site. Please reach out to me at membercare@eharmony.com from the email address on your eharmony account.

Regards,

Scott

Customer Care

Original review: April 17, 2018

I wish I would have seen these reviews prior to signing up. Now I’m on the hook for a one year subscription. Most days I don’t receive any matches. When I do, most don’t even live in the same city as I do or are outside the age range and specified. When I contacted them, they told me to be patient. Easy for them to say now that they have my money. Suggest looking at other sites.

Dear Cheryl,

My name is Scott and I'm very sorry to hear you've had any issues with your Match Preferences. I'd love to try and help resolve your concerns by taking a deeper look at your account. Please reach out to me at membercare@eharmony.com from the email address associated with your account and I'll be happy to do what I can to improve your experience.

Sincerely,

Scott

Customer Care

Original review: April 14, 2018

I am glad I had a chance to read all of these (tons of) complaints and I agree with them - cannot help but wondering how can these unethical business practice is permitted in this law abiding country? Our integrity should be compromised with money. I signed up for special promotion at $6.95/month for 3 months but I haven't received anything, beside they charged over $21.45 (?) already on my credit card before 3 month is up - no communication from eHarmony. I didn't know what's going on (?). Made me wondering "Is this ghost company?"

So, I called them (I had hard long time to find their cust. svc. #) and complained. They told me that they will give me two more months for free. I called for several times to TURN OFF AUTOMATIC RENEW and I made sure that they will send me the confirmation e-mail and I got it (however, it took a lot of frustration to go through). I am very sorry what previous subscribers had to go through but it helps other people. Now, I know that I am going to call my credit card co. to block further charges from these companies. I feel it's safe to go with **.

Original review: April 13, 2018

No telephone contact allowed with supervisors of customer service. The company edits and monitors profiles and software associated with this program. I tested this and verified that on my profile. I would NOT recommend this site to anyone, it has been exasperating. Problems getting a password correctly set up took several weeks and several emails. The software is only as good as the input. People should be able to use and modify input at will, this is not is allowed. I tried to cancel my subscription, but because I couldn't log back into my account due to password errors on their end, I was told too bad, so sad in the most polite way.

I read the other reviews about this company, my experience is the same, errors are repeated and not corrected. I no trust or faith in this company. I will tell everyone I know about my negative experience and I plan on posting more negative reviews as time permits me to do so on any place I am allowed. The ONLY thing to make it "right" by me is IF they would cut me a refund and cancel my subscription. I am not interested in any more emails. I do have made hard copies of some communications that verify my horrible communication experience. I would be happy to send them via snail mail. Just send me an address.

Original review: April 13, 2018

I am very dissatisfied with a dating site that from the TV advertising would be true to what it states. I love that commercial and it made me hopeful in joining. Not one email. I was to have matches sent to me every day. Zero. Not one date or interest. Who wants to date someone hundreds of miles away. I can't even plan for that. It is unsafe for us women. I am so disappointed. Sorry eHarmony. You don't live up to what singles are expecting.

eHarmony response

Hi Alexis - We can help with your match counts and settings. It sounds like you may have Match Importance set to Somewhat or Not Important on your account. Would you mind contacting us at membercare@eharmony.com?

Original review: April 8, 2018

The eHarmony website doesn't recognize I am already a member. It will only allow me access to the beginning of the profile page each time I log in. It has been this way for two weeks. The "help" page is insufficient in its scope to deal with this problem. I have already paid for this service and have no access to it. There does not appear be a technical support page other than help with password reset issues and simple problems.

eHarmony response

Hi Melissa - It sounds like you may have multiple accounts with us. Contact me at membercare@eharmony.com and we can look into this for you. Please include any and all email addresses you may have used for our service. Thanks!

eharmony expert review by Mark Brooks

eHarmony is the largest dating site geared specifically towards long-term relationships and marriage minded singles. They claim to be responsible for over 500 new marriages every day in the US.

• In-depth entry questionnaire: eHarmony asks all of its members a little more than 300 multiple choice questions before allowing them to enter into their ranks. This in-depth questionnaire is geared at giving the site enough information to help provide you with qualified potential matches.

• No Searching: In sharp contrast to other dating sites, eHarmony does not allow members to search directly for matches. Instead, it uses the answers from the questionnaire to provide you with a selection of daily matches that should be compatible with your needs and desires in a partner.

• Guided Communication: Instead of sending off an email or wink like you would do on most sites, eHarmony takes members through 4 steps of guided communication before allowing you to continue with open communication with a new match. The guided communication is designed to help assure compatibility and that you don't waste energy on bad matches.

• Best for: People looking for long-term relationships and marriage.

Profile picture of Mark Brooks
Mark Brooks

Online Dating & Matchmaking Contributing Editor

Harvard Business School graduate, Mark Brooks, has been an expert in the Internet dating business since 1998. He is currently the CEO of Courtland Brooks, a consultancy agency for the Internet dating industry, and runs OnlinePersonalsWatch.com. He prides himself on being a New Media Futurist and can be reached at LinkedIn.

eHarmony Company Information