eHarmony
1.16/5
Based on 143 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

eHarmony

Los Angeles-based eharmony (www.eharmony.com) launched in the United States in 2000 with its patented Compatibility Matching System® which allows eharmony members to be matched with compatible persons with whom they are likely to enjoy a long-term relationship.

Customer Care Information:

Phone Hours: 8am - 5pm Pacific, Monday - Saturday

Email: 24 Hours, 7 Days a Week

Refund Policy: Regarding the Singles Service, the buyer, may cancel the Agreement, without any penalty or obligation, at any time prior to midnight of the third business day following the date of Agreement, excluding Sundays and holidays.

FIND OUT MORE FIND OUT MORE
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 23, 2018

1976 eHarmony Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Feb. 23, 2018

I've been with eHarmony in the United Kingdom, for a while. Since I joined, not one person has replied, winked, favourite me. Even when I send so many winks, favourite, messages to virtually any woman, regardless of age. I've had better results, going out socially. So I will give eHarmony a definite miss, when my subscription is over.

Customer increased Rating by 2 stars! Resolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 23, 2018

EHarmony will rip you off and steal your money. They did an automatic renewal that was unauthorized. They refused to answer my emails and phone messages in regards to it. I am a senior and unable to afford to pay for a service that I do not use and was canceled. They would send me matches that were not even within my requirements. I am 67 yet they would send me matches for men that were even 20 yrs younger than me with no common mutual interests, even though I specified they be between the ages of 65 to 70. Do not trust them and do not give them your money. There are better dating services out there, that will not STEAL MONEY FROM SENIORS!

eHarmony response

Diana, I want to help. Allow me to review your account details. As to your matches age I would also like to examine your account settings as to what is occurring. Normally to access your Match Preferences you would log into your account go to where it states “Hi Diana,” scroll down to Match Preferences then click the Age tile. Just remember there is a match flexibility feature that allows you set the importance of this parameter. Please reach out to me at membercare@eharmony.com

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Resolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 22, 2018

I have absolutely no words for the terrible, horrible, awful, useless experience I had with this company. I signed up and thought I was getting to 'try it for free' though I was mistaken and I signed up for a full year. A VERY expensive year. The wording was also very misleading and I thought I could cancel after 3 months if I was unhappy so it would only cost me 63 dollars. My matches were terrible. 90% of them were in a different country (to be fair I live near the border, but still for over 150 dollars the program should be able to give me only local matches). The matches were also not what I wanted or would be interested in. Overall it had been about 10 days and I was so unhappy with every aspect of it. Even the way the website was laid out seemed cheap and dated.

I contacted them and was responded to with an auto bot. Then I received another more rude email from a auto bot. They refused to give me my money back and refused to stop the next following payments. Even after I expressed that honestly I could not afford such a huge amount (I thought I was trying it free as the website said and thought I could cancel after the first payment installment). They refused. AND the website won't let me delete my account. What makes me the most angry is to see the auto bot stupid responses eHarmony is making to all of these complaints acting as if they are helpful and genuine. Do not use this company. It is a huge scam. Honestly... Tinder would be better than this. Try Match, or really any other dating site.

eHarmony response

Holly, I do agree if you live near a border between two continents such as Canada & the US based upon our compatible matching a number of matches can come to you from one area versus another. Within your account settings parameters, you do have a number of options as to distance. I would like to help and at the same time review your original subscription. Please reach out to me at membercare@eharmony.com

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

eHarmony is not cheap (about $150/year) but promises to be one of the best at helping you find matches with the potential to lead to lifelong love. This was not my experience, but that's not what this review is about. While I was out of state for a work conference I received an email that my account had been closed because I had either misrepresented myself in my profile (such as lying about my age or the state I lived in) or that I had not paid. Since I knew neither were true I immediately emailed eHarmony to ask for clarification, to explain that I was out of state for a conference and maybe a mistake had been made, and to ask for a refund for my remaining 9 months if they were not going to restore my account. In addition to this, I was upset because I had already received emails about a couple of my matches' accounts being closed, and the email always made it sound like there was something wrong with the people.

The thought of my matches (including one who had just asked to take things to the next level) getting an email that made me sound like a bad person led me to feel angry and upset. It's almost like a form of slander... insinuating that the person has been removed for being or doing something horrible. After I sent my first email I received a refund of $47.80, which covered four months of membership. I sent a second email informing eHarmony that I had still not received an answer or explanation about what had happened, nor had I received an adequate refund to cover the entire nine months' worth of membership that had been taken from me. I have received no answer. I did nothing wrong in eHarmony. Although the matches they sent me were less than inviting, I was willing to plug along for the remainder of the year and see what happened. Having my account closed suddenly and without explanation is a horrible, untrustworthy way to do business.

If eHarmony can't be bothered to communicate fairly and responsibly with its paying members, then it is not a service I would ever recommend to anyone. I lost $96 and have been made to look bad to my matches by a company that thinks so little of its paying members that it can't even bother to answer an email or communicate. AVOID eHarmony like the plague.

eHarmony response

Mary, while there are varying reasons as to account closure I honestly can’t say what occurred as to your account however I would very much like the opportunity to go over your account details. The email that we send as to closure of matches also can vary as to closure of a person. I do want to help. Please reach out to me at membercare@eharmony.com

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

I received no appropriate matches, even when I opened all parameters to maximum. I tried to cancel - not asking for a refund but asking to not be charged again since they were not holding up to their offer of providing sufficient and relevant matches. It took two weeks for a response and then it was Autobot that it was binding agreement. A second attempt gave me a response from a human (it seemed) but same answer and even more rudely than the robot. Very expensive and definitely not worth it.

eHarmony response

Lisa, I would like to help as to your situation. When you have a chance allow me to examine not only your account as to your matching fundamentals but write to me as to your subscription details. Please reach out to me at membercare@eharmony.com

How do I know I can trust these reviews about eharmony?

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

In one year all my matches were at least 200 miles away or scam. I never received anyone that was close enough to even be able to meet and MAYBE start a friendship. EHARMONY is a joke and a scam!!! Takes people's money and pretends to send matches which I bet aren't on their service anymore.

eHarmony response

Actually matches received through our services have requested to be in our matching pool just like yourself. As to distance this feature can be found in Match Preferences, simply go to the top of your display where name is shown then scroll down to Match Preferences. I would like to help. Please reach out to me at membercare@eharmony.com

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

AVOID. AVOID. AVOID!!! This companies behaviour is criminal. The only thing eHarmony is committed to is ensuring your 'automatic renewal' of subscription fees is active. They have no commitment to customer service or legitimate business practices. eHarmony overcharged me $1689.90 AUD in 13 unauthorised transactions over a 3 year period. EHarmony refuse to make REFUND of their OVERCHARGED subscription fees.

The annual membership is $233.70 AUD. In 2018 eHarmony deducted a full annual membership of $233.70 AUD from my debit account on an account eHarmony had confirmed was closed. In 2017 eHarmony deducted $803.00 from my debit card in 6 transactions. They refuse to refund the overcharged amounts. In 2016 eHarmony deducted $886.00 from my debit card in 7 transactions. They refuse to refund the overcharged amounts. In 2018 eHarmony deducted $467.00 from my debit card in 2 transactions. They refuse to refund the overcharged amounts. I stress DO NOT sign up to this organisation.

eHarmony response

We do have a renewal process as a benefit so that your communication with your match is not interrupted. I would like to review your subscription. Please reach out to me at membercare@eharmony.com

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

eHarmony had almost No matched for me. When I contacted support they advised to change my settings. Ok. I have been on eHarmony for 6 months. The matched don't reply to messages and the ones it matches you up with are no longer active... What a waste of time and money. Just Burn the 80 bucks. You will get more enjoyment from that.

eHarmony response

At times we do recommend updating your settings to broaden your search parameters for matching. As to communication I would like the opportunity to exam what has occurred and perhaps we can make some suggestions that will benefit you. All matches at the time of matching are persons who have requested to be in our matching pool. Please reach out to me at membercare@eharmony.com

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

I can't even rate eHarmony one star because I feel so violated. Consumers BEWARE. This is not the first complaint about eHarmony continuing to charge consumers CC's after they have unsubscribed. I joined eHarmony mid 2015, paid their subscription cost and unsubscribed at the end of 2015. I deleted my profile, deleted my pictures and turned off the automatic renewal. They say I didn't... Unbeknownst to me (shame on me for not checking my statement) eHarmony continued to charge my CC bi-yearly for $239.70 for the 2 years!!! for services that were discontinued. I am completely mortified! I feel as though I have been violated and taken advantage of by a company that calls themselves a "Christian organization" claiming to have the highest quality of service. I take responsibility in the form of my neglect in checking my statements. However, I stand my ground and feel as I have been a victim of a crime.

In trying to resolve my claim I was told to refer to the "3 day cancellation policy" and was assigned a "specialist" who communicates via E-mail ONLY to handle complaints, refunds and such. After multiple emails back and forth they finally agreed to refund the last charge which occurred in November 2017 for $239.70 and while I am grateful, I am still not satisfied for their part in manipulating this consumer.

Dissatisfied, I called their 844-544-3176 # and was finally able to speak with a "manager". This so called manager remained unsympathetic, unapologetic and stated the "final decision" had been made by the "specialist" and he can't go against it. WHAT? Who is this undercover, coward "specialist" who makes all the "final decisions" via email that his JOB is so important that he can't make a courtesy call to a dissatisfied customer who helps keep him on the payroll. Bottom line, they don't care about you. They only want your money. They are right and the consumer is wrong. I wonder if Neil Clark Warren would approve of such a deplorable crime of charging honest, consumers AFTER their accounts have been shut off, deleted and unsubscribed?

Interestingly enough, when I asked "the manager" how much a current eHarmony subscription costs he stated between $70-200 depending on the promotion running. SERIOUSLY? You've been charging $480 a year from account for 2 years! Shame on you eHarmony. That's a disgrace. To add insult to injury, I reunited with my EX husband and remarried him and now to find out this. I feel ashamed, embarrassed and manipulated by eHarmony. eHarmony stand up and make this right! Stop manipulating consumers. This is not the first time you have heard this complaint. Good and honest people choose your site for your reputation but when you take advantage of consumers when you know their accounts are inactive, and their profiles have been deleted then there is absolutely no reason other than consumer fraud for continuing to take advantage of them.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

This is one of worst dating service I ever used. People don't be online 100% of the time. I'm getting a lot of fake profiles. Because when you send each matches a message and you wait for a response or viewing your profile. I get nothing but silence. I change my preference around so much I still come up empty handed. When I decided to set my matches search range to 30 miles and very important, they act like we restricting them for find matches for me. I was told by a rep of eHarmony. If select somewhat important they will send people who's all over the US to your what if. The only thing is I live California. Why I need to be in a long distance relationship with someone in a different state. That's just stupid. Customer service sucks. I see why they got in trouble with people in UK and a lawsuit against them.

eHarmony response

Antoine, I’d like to look over your account parameters to see how I can help. As to matches members are only matches with compatible members that have an actual account with our services. Please reach out to me at membercare@eharmony.com

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

Their communicate with matches for free weekend promotions are a scam. You can't communicate for free, you have to sign up. When you do become a member, matches don't respond and/or live far away. eHarmony only gives you 3 days to cancel their service. But it takes longer than 3 days to know if a site is ideal. They are a cash cow, not a matchmaking service. I hope anybody considering them reads their bad reviews and doesn't join.

eHarmony response

Rich, our free communication events do allow members that have been on the fence to sample our services. Allow me to look at your account. I would like to help. Please reach out to me at membercare@eharmony.com

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

This company is a fraud. They advertise with fake people and send you daily listings of people who are not actual members or who were members years ago. It is a complete waste of time and 90% of the accounts are fake. I am filing a complaint with the US Attorney General. I urge every user to think before signing up. I voiced my concerns to the company and as a response my account was terminated. Therefore, they stole 5 months payment from me. They refused to provide a refund and would not explain or provide reason for my account termination.

eHarmony response
Mike, with respect all matches received on our services are actual active members. I would like to help.

Please reach out to me at membercare@eharmony.com

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

While it is true eHarmony has a very long personality application the problem is you are not guaranteed responses. If they don't get back in your city you should get your money back or there should be a penalty for people in your city if they won't meet you.

eHarmony response

Larry, actually we do have a guarantee policy there are certain conditions of course however allow me to address the issue for you. Please reach out to me at membercare@eharmony.com

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

I spent 10 minutes going through the whole process only to be met with payment options that are extremely high. After reading the reviews I don't see why anybody would join this website. I feel like I wasted my time but am glad I didn't spend any money.

eHarmony response

Daniel, we have various subscription offerings. I would like to help. Please reach out to me at membercare@eharmony.com

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

I was on the site for less than 6 months. In that time my account was compromised twice. The first time I received an email letting me know that the email address on my account had been successfully changed. Sure enough I had no access to my account. After about a half day dealing with customer service they changed back the email. My pictures had all been replaced, my occupation and profile had been changed so it took awhile to rebuild everything. eHarmony's response was that they never found proof of the profile being changed. Seriously. That's what they said.

The second time my profile was compromised I logged on to find 8 outgoing emails within 15 minutes to matches I had never communicated with at all. The emails gave a phone number that I didn't recognize telling people to "text me". The worst part about all this is the fact that not only are they not very good but eHarmony's customer service simply doesn't care. Usually everything works just fine but God help you if you have a problem.

eHarmony response

Ed, regarding the suspicious activity with your account this is a serious matter. We have a Trust & Safety Team that must investigate what has occurred.

Please reach out to me at membercare@eharmony.com as soon as you can.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

I joined eHarmony on January 21, 2018 because I thought it would be an amazing opportunity to meet someone other sites couldn't offer. I didn't think I received appropriated matches, but I made the most of it. I had a horrible experience with one of the users, sent to me as a compatible match. After a very uncomfortable situation and conversation with this individual, I decided to cancel my account because I could never feel comfortable going on dates with anybody from this site. After a call to their customer service department and a detail email, I found out I couldn't do it and was inform that I need to pay my 2 outstanding balances of $87.80. In total eHarmony is expecting me to pay $263.40 for 16 days of usage and a horrible experience. I'm so disappointed that I don't think I could ever do online dating again.

eHarmony response

Karen, eHarmony works hard to identify and close individuals who misrepresent who they are on our site. If you have concerns about a particular match, please do not hesitate to report your match to us so that appropriate steps can be taken to keep eHarmony safe. You can report your match directly from their profile page or from within your communication.

Please reach out to me at membercare@eharmony.com so that I may investigate the match & help as to your subscription.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

Beware daters, eHarmony, which is presented by almost all the dating site reviewers as a credible and helpful company provides misleading account and payment when you join, resulting in their ability to auto-withdraw significant amounts of money from your account that you may not understand they are doing or want them to do. All this hassle while they deliver a subpar matching service, with a poor offering of matches, many of whom appear to be inactive. Probably because of the hostile payment scam and eH terrible 'customer service' they do not have an edge in a good dating market.

I suspect that the majority of their matches are probably the free accounts, who can't communicate, but make eH appear to have a good market with a lot of 'compatible' matches. I got scammed by their misleading payment and account terms, having to finally take actions with my bank so eH would stop pulling big amounts of money out of my account, which appears to be impossible to cancel. Read the reviews first!!! There are many thousands of customers just like me who got scammed by their misleading account and payment options going back many years.

I wish I'd taken screenshots of the step by step process; because they were extremely misleading - e.g. referring to a monthly price in marketing, but then telling me the money they kept trying to take out of my account wasn't 'based on a monthly amount'; Perhaps what they do is technically legal, but who wants to do business with a company that feels manipulative, misleading and has terrible customer service? They feel like crooks to me, particularly when I realized they've taken advantage of thousands of customers -- and those are only the ones who commented online (tip of the iceberg) - I'll find my true love through a more ethical manner, dating is already stressful enough!

eHarmony response

Lisa, I’d to address your concern as to your subscription and matching. Members that are matched through are services are paired with compatible persons that are active in our pool of matches. I would like to help. Please reach out to me at membercare@eharmony.com

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

If possible, I would like to change my 2 stars to 1 star for this review, based on eHarmony's response to my original review. Users of Consumer Affairs may read this for themselves. My suspicion is that eHarmony employees send messages to users at the beginning of membership (both paid and free-trial), using inactive user accounts. I believe this is done to keep the member hooked. If my expired profile, is saved by eHarmony and used to reach out and 'bait' other users, I will be extremely disappointed, but not surprised. For this reason, I have removed all previously submitted photos and attempted to delete as much of my information as possible.

Furthermore, I do not trust eHarmony with personal photos. While they may state that they do not share user photos with any third party, I feel there is reason to believe they may save them for the purpose of keeping a former user's profile on hand to attract new or current users. Perhaps it is a conspiracy theory, but based on my experience and some experiences that my own 'matches' have shared with me off the site, I find this pretty convincing. Again - I would strongly encourage any users of eHarmony to avoid posting photos with children. I think eHarmony's lack of transparency in their 'matching' scheme, as well as their responses to complaints on this consumer site, is deliberate. I would steer clear and look to other sites as alternatives.

eHarmony response

Noelle, I’m sorry, however I want to establish that eharmony does not participate nor manipulate member communication. In order for us to operate as an equitable business, we create an environment for legitimate persons who have become members, to safety engage in social setting. Again, I ask that you reach to me so that I can address your questions. membercare@eharmony.com

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

Will make it short and to the point, I will never spend money on this site again, most profiles of the people are not paid members that eHarmony sends (aka) you the paid member, so the nonmember can respond back anyways, next when you set your limits (aka) age, distances, or in USA, they still send profiles (I am 54 years old and they send me 35 year old ladies profile LIKE WE WILL HAVE ANYTHING IN COMMON!! 19 YEARS COME ON NOW!! They also sending (aka) out of country profiles, like we are going to fly all around the world going on first dates (get real)!!! EHARMONY, I have responded to over 100 emails that were sent to me and next thing I see on that lady profile is she is no longer a member (aka) she moved on is what it would state, so all 100 members COME ON NOW!!

eHarmony sends these fake emails to keep you hooked on paying for a membership!!! (They will say they do not do this but I have seen this also with a friend's profile also.) She left eHarmony over 6 months ago and (WOW) I GOT A MESSAGE FROM HER. So when I called her (aka good friend) she had told me she cancel the account over 6 months ago!!! When I talked to eHarmony they said it could have been a glitch in the site. LMAO YA SURE!!!! SO I WOULD HAVE TO SAY THIS SITE IS NOT AS HONEST AS THEY SAY!!!

eHarmony response

Tim, regarding your variance of matches, this could be attributed to your settings, there is a flexibility setting that allows you to search for matches beyond a desired parameter. As to matches received, anyone, who maintains an account & has their matching on will continue to match through our services. I’d like to address any further questions you may have, please reach out to me at membercare@eharmony.com

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 3, 2018

I didn't have a bad experience with eHarmony, per se. I joined for pen pals around the world, and I got them, but I can't imagine using a site like this to meet someone for a relationship. During my first week, I had over 100 private messages and was so overwhelmed that I had a friend come and delete all but ten. Once I learned how to use the site, I realized that while some of these 'matches' are legitimate, many of them are profiles of people no longer using the site. A former user from Canada told me that eHarmony sends new users messages under the guise of interested matches, just to get you hooked.

I also discovered that user profiles appearing to be matches are not accessible, but will still appear accessible. It worries me that I've sent photos to this site and when my profile is no longer 'accessible' to others, my photos will still be there. I would suggest being very discreet about what pictures you send to this site-- especially if the pictures include children. Also, it's probably best not to send more than two photos to eHarmony. If you do meet someone, correspond with them off the site. It's also very easy for paid users to download photos of users that are 'no longer eligible'.

All of this said, I have met some very nice men on that site who have become great pen pals, but some of the experiences they've shared with me about using the site just serve to validate my suspicion. I understand that eHarmony has legitimate success stories, but I would not trust them to be transparent or follow principled business practices. I would also advise any user, whether paid or free-trial, to avoid using your actual name and sending them numerous photos, especially if children are also visible in the photos. Then again, I'm also anti-Facebook and other photo-sharing online sites. Anyone looking for Christian, or at least relatively safer online dating options, I think the Canadian based Christian Cafe site may be more worth the time and money investment.

eHarmony response

Noelle, I’m gratified you’ve made contact with some matches through our services. As to profiles being inaccessible, basically, if one has closed their account, or if our Trust & Safety determines someone has not fairly used our services this would create inaccessibility.

Briefly, matching can only happen if one elects to maintain their profile on our services.

please reach out to me at membercare@eharmony.com for further help.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

The subscription I bought was for 6 months, but paid for with 3 monthly payments of $69.90. After 2-1/2 months I turned off the "automatic renewal" feature because the site was slow to post notices of messages that matches sent me... the message system word processor is "clunky" to use... and the photo posting and deletion process requires complex operations to manage. The subscription price is much too expensive for the service they provide. About a week after turning off "Auto Renew" they sent me a confusing "WELCOME" email which suggested that I had agreed to be billed $69.90 for 3 (additional?) months. I called my credit card company and ordered a "block" on further charges from eHarmony.com.

I also responded to the "WELCOME" email with a letter clarifying my intentions to let my subscription expire after the 6 month period I had already paid for. The response I received (Customer Care Incident #**) acknowledged that my account would not "Auto Renew" but also advised me that, at on or before the expiration date I would need to log into my account and "follow all the steps" to close my account. I responded restating my intention to continue using the site until my subscription expired and saw no reason why I needed to take any further steps to close the account after expiration. Today I got my answer. eHarmony closed my account and deleted all communications and matches... less than halfway into my paid 6-month subscription. They certainly have a novel approach to "Customer Care".

eHarmony response
Steve, I want to help, allow me go over your account details.

Please reach out to me at membercare@eharmony.com

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

I signed up on eHarmony because I thought it would be a different experience than other sites out there. At my big surprise, even more disappointed after the service I got, trying to cancel my subscription. First, I didn't think I received proper matches. I had a very unpleasant experience with one of the users, sent to me as a compatible match. Not sure how compatible it was suggested we were, but after a very uncomfortable situation, I decided to close my account. Find out I couldn't do it and had to continue paying membership ($94), which by the way was canceled two weeks ago. Just a ripoff. I remember being reimbursed by a nonpopular site without hassle. Thought better from eHarmony. Disappointed.

eHarmony response

Diane, please let me know of your experience with one of your matches, I want our service to not only be a pleasant experience but a “safe” one for you. As to your subscription, contact me, let me take a look as to your purchase with us. Please reach out to me at membercare@eharmony.com

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

Awesome time and could not ask for a better lady than the one I got. Hope to see her again on eHarmony. I would like to get to know her better. It's a great site.

eHarmony response

Joseph, congratulations on finding someone through eharmony, we are truly happy for you. If you'd like to get your story into our database, feel free to respond to this email and we'll get it submitted. We always love seeing photos and if you're up for sharing, please attach in your response. Please reach out to me at membercare@eharmony.com

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

Like other individuals, the so-called compatibility is only determined by a machine. After a month, I received no contact from matches. I closed my account, only to find out I have to continue to pay the rest of the subscription ($134). This is a rip-off. I thought this site was a higher class business. It's bad enough to deal with scammers on the dating site, but then to find the site is a scam! Even POF, which I consider nothing more than a sex and scam solicitation site, refunded my money!

eHarmony response

Cecilia, I’d like to have the opportunity to address your concern as to your account. Also, if you feel a match appears other than someone wishing to earnestly use our services, you can report your match directly from their profile page or from within your communication. Please reach out to me atmembercare@eharmony.com

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

I joined eHarmony to have fun and find dates. Oh you get matches but only one out of 100 responded. That was to tell me he was so disgusted he was dropping out. They click you as a match and you never hear from them again. They even view your profile. Instead of having fun I've become self-conscious, angry, frustrated and hurt. I don't know if eHarmony is using fake profiles or the men think they are all that. BTW I'm considered good looking. Financially secure and friendly. I've erased men from my match list after 4 days of no response and the next thing I know they are back on it. Which since I blocked them shouldn't be possible. This online dating site should go offline and get some dating tips.

eHarmony response

Rosemarie, we want your experience to be joyful as to your communication and participation. You’re in essence being invited to our home, so if you ever feel a match is of a suspicious nature, you can report your match directly from their profile page or from within your communication. I’d like to try and help as to your service. Please reach out to me atmembercare@eharmony.com

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 28, 2018

I subscribed to eHarmony, set up my profile, and have been nothing but disappointed since. They initially sent me a bunch of "matches" that did NOT fit what I am looking for. Since then, I really don't hear from them anymore, and I check the app daily. What a scam! I've also subscribed to Match and Zoosk and both services have been interacting with me daily, even though they are less expensive than eHarmony. Also, both Match and Zoosk actually track how I respond to the various suggested matched they send me. I am very satisfied with both websites. However, eHarmony stinks!

eHarmony response

Robert, while we understand communication is codependent upon your matches involvement, you’ll be surprised as how much of your communication is affected by your profile’s presentation. I would be happy to help. Please reach out to me atmembercare@eharmony.com

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 27, 2018

As an ** woman who dates interracially, I found eHarmony to be a waste of time. Their matching system is a scam, they had few people in my area so I ended up with matches in other states. In the few months I was a member, I was only approached by three men, none of them were suitable. Of the men I approached either through smiles or messages, they basically ignored me. They advertise themselves as a place for interracial dating, not true. All of those guys prefer any woman but an ** one. They will do anything to fill your profile up with matches whether they work or not. It's a scam and for the price NOT WORTH the games they play with you. It was about constant rejection.

eHarmony response

I’d like to help as to matching experience, if you are receiving matches outside your area this can be attributed to your distance settings. Our service is dedicated to all genders & ethnicities seeking a long term relationship. Please reach out to me atmembercare@eharmony.com

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

I joined eHarmony and paid for a three month subscription. I did not lie and state anything not true. After a day they said something on my profile was failed. They would not tell me why they cancelled me but they kept my money. Since they denied me I never thought to check account but after the three months eHarmony charged me over a $100 to renew a profile that had never been put on their site. In my opinion this company are thieves. Very sad a company is allowed to steal people's money.

eHarmony response

Laura, I can’t exactly say what has occurred with your situation however I really would like to help you, please reach out to me at membercare@eharmony.com

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

After my 3 day trial with eHarmony they discontinued delivering what they promised. It is as if I am nonexistent. They took my money and ran. I am paying for a service that doesn't provide what they advertise or state on their website. Since joining, I have noticed numerous complaints about their inefficiency and lack of customer service. I am not looking for a free month or a free lunch. I just want a refund since I have not received what I paid for.

eHarmony response

Elise, I would like to look into what is occurring with your service. I really want you to have a positive experience. Please reach out to me at membercare@eharmony.com

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

After failed attempts with other dating sites, I decided to go ahead and pay to use eHarmony. The matches are no better, if not worse. There's less people signed up than the free sites (of course), but that means less variety in matches. If anything the men were overly snobby and bland. I ended up meeting my soulmate through a free dating app and only "used" eHarmony for a month. They will not let you transfer the account to anyone else, so basically if you pay for a year and don't use it you're SOL.

eHarmony response

Ashley, I’m delighted that you had found someone from another site. Congratulations. While an account cannot be transferred to another person due to the individual nature of your Relationship Questionnaire. If you have a friend interested our services, have them contact me, I will see what I can do for them. membercare@eharmony.com Stephen

eharmony expert review by Mark Brooks

eHarmony is the largest dating site geared specifically towards long-term relationships and marriage minded singles. They claim to be responsible for over 500 new marriages every day in the US.

• In-depth entry questionnaire: eHarmony asks all of its members a little more than 300 multiple choice questions before allowing them to enter into their ranks. This in-depth questionnaire is geared at giving the site enough information to help provide you with qualified potential matches.

• No Searching: In sharp contrast to other dating sites, eHarmony does not allow members to search directly for matches. Instead, it uses the answers from the questionnaire to provide you with a selection of daily matches that should be compatible with your needs and desires in a partner.

• Guided Communication: Instead of sending off an email or wink like you would do on most sites, eHarmony takes members through 4 steps of guided communication before allowing you to continue with open communication with a new match. The guided communication is designed to help assure compatibility and that you don't waste energy on bad matches.

• Best for: People looking for long-term relationships and marriage.

Profile picture of Mark Brooks
Mark Brooks

Online Dating & Matchmaking Contributing Editor

Harvard Business School graduate, Mark Brooks, has been an expert in the Internet dating business since 1998. He is currently the CEO of Courtland Brooks, a consultancy agency for the Internet dating industry, and runs OnlinePersonalsWatch.com. He prides himself on being a New Media Futurist and can be reached at LinkedIn.

eHarmony Company Information

eharmony
1997
Los Angeles
eharmony.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use