eHarmony Reviews

eHarmony
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.77/5
Based on 1,596 ratings submitted in the last year

Los Angeles-based eharmony launched in the United States in 2000 with its patented Compatibility Matching System® which allows eharmony members to be matched with compatible persons with whom they are likely to enjoy a long-term relationship.

Banner image

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

Banner image

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

eHarmony Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about eHarmony?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about eharmony?

Original review: Feb. 16, 2021

I used the site for a day and asked for my money back. They refunded my money within 24 hours. I disagree with the reviewers here who claim that eHarmony refuses to refund the money within the cancel period.

Original review: June 7, 2020

I married The one I met. Almost 10 years now that we have been married. I think the questions, etc. if you answer truthfully it will help out a lot. Process is a bit lengthy but once you get through it it seems to work. Not sure what else to say but try it to see for yourself. I tried Match but that was a big crapshoot. This is all 10 yr ago so not sure how much things have changed since.

Get buying tips about Online Dating Sites and Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 3, 2020

Eharmony was both disappointing and rewarding. Most of the guys I met were not anyone I would like to date, but my last match will hopefully last a lifetime. I liked the profile that eHarmony uses. It was very informative and educational. It provided a lot of insight about myself.

Original review: June 2, 2020

I am a female matching with males. Psychology professor Barry Schwartz found that having an infinite number of choices is detrimental, paralyzing and exhausting. There are many profiles with zero pictures. Many that will message for a day or two and then disappear. I don’t know if it’s eHarmony bots or real men with Choice Overload. Whereas I have 3 matches in my city and one has no picture. One has no eyebrows. And one hasn’t read my message yet. It doesn’t seem like anyone on is there in my age range for a committed relationship.

On the other hand, my best friend is in the South and she has met her soulmate on eHarmony in the same time I have been a member. Perhaps I am the cursed-in-love one. I do celebrate that eHarmony is global and countries of your desire can be selected to match from. And I do always feel safe on their platform. Each member can easily block and delete with or without a reason. And during the pandemic eHarmony released a new feature in beta testing called Video Date. On sale for $300 for 6 month membership, it does include a fascinating personality profile. So stay positively optimistic, singletons! It’s a confusing frustrating tedious part time job to date online. Every one of us is worthy of being in love.

Original review: May 27, 2020

THey have a decent program. However, sometimes they don’t pay attention to the details- matched me with my 1st cousin, lol. Safety is not something that can assure. We have common sense, let’s use it folks! There was a scammer from **. He wanted to marry me the first day we spoke. I had a weird feeling about him. Next time I looked he had been removed.

Original review: April 8, 2021

Overrated. Expensive. Regardless of the compatibility questions and matching. I would not sign up unless you are okay with paying out of your nose regardless of the outcome. They will not refund (understandable to a certain degree) or cancel future payments (what?!!) even if you found someone and dating exclusively. I’ve been on it for less than a month, have a year subscription which also caught me off guard because I only wanted a month, 3 at the most. I was okay with not receiving a refund of $119.70 but they just emailed me to say I still owe them 3 more installments to pay for the year. This is all about making money and nothing else.

Original review: April 5, 2021

I wouldn't even give it one star. Worst site ever. They charge you a TON of money and want to offer you packages that are a year or two long. First, most people I know including myself aren't trying to be on this site or any dating site any longer than they have to. So only offering an ungodly high monthly package, their only other options are 1 or 2 year plans which are still really high! Again who is trying to be on a dating site for that long! Ridiculous. Then when I finally did sign up there are almost never any new matches, it's the same people all the time.

Even better, after you go through 4 or 5 pages of matches, the matches are like 100 miles away. It's hard enough to meet people in my neighborhood. HOW and WHY would I want to look that far away?!?! WORST site ever!! NEVER EVER PAY FOR OR USE THIS SITE EVER!!!! And their customer service is the worst. They just regurgitate paragraphs of crap and don't listen to anything the customer has to say. I also have friends that have signed up, and spent more money than me, and are equally disgusted with Eharmony.

Original review: April 2, 2021

I totally agree with all the other low ratings people have given here. Everything bad they have written about with this online service is true. My only wish was that I saw these reviews before signing up. Now, even with 50% off, I am out $225.00 and nothing to show for it. There is no reason why certain states cannot opt out within 24 hours of signing up. A total scam. I tried to give no star and it wouldn't allow me to continue.

Original review: April 1, 2021

I joined a new dating site. Paid for the first month and after being on the site an hour I realised there were only around 20 men that matched my age and area which was 60km. I asked to cancel after giving the site a couple of hours and was immediately told they would be charging me a total of £65. I have joined other dating sites and never had this problem before EVER, would tell anyone to avoid at all costs.

Original review: March 20, 2021

The trial eharmony site had numerous matches, etc. However the paid site had none (zero) matches, etc. for over 6 weeks! Other sites, paid and unpaid had hundreds, some of which were interesting and worthwhile. It is my opinion the eharmony is a scam. There is also no money back.

eharmony author review by Mark Brooks

eHarmony is the largest dating site geared specifically towards long-term relationships and marriage minded singles. They claim to be responsible for over 500 new marriages every day in the US.

• In-depth entry questionnaire: eHarmony asks all of its members a little more than 300 multiple choice questions before allowing them to enter into their ranks. This in-depth questionnaire is geared at giving the site enough information to help provide you with qualified potential matches.

• No Searching: In sharp contrast to other dating sites, eHarmony does not allow members to search directly for matches. Instead, it uses the answers from the questionnaire to provide you with a selection of daily matches that should be compatible with your needs and desires in a partner.

• Guided Communication: Instead of sending off an email or wink like you would do on most sites, eHarmony takes members through 4 steps of guided communication before allowing you to continue with open communication with a new match. The guided communication is designed to help assure compatibility and that you don't waste energy on bad matches.

by Mark Brooks Online Dating & Matchmaking Contributing Editor

Harvard Business School graduate, Mark Brooks, has been an expert in the Internet dating business since 1998. He is currently the CEO of Courtland Brooks, a consultancy agency for the Internet dating industry, and runs OnlinePersonalsWatch.com. He prides himself on being a New Media Futurist and can be reached at LinkedIn.

eHarmony Company Information