eHarmony
1.45/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

eHarmony Reviews

Los Angeles-based eharmony launched in the United States in 2000 with its patented Compatibility Matching System® which allows eharmony members to be matched with compatible persons with whom they are likely to enjoy a long-term relationship.

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

eHarmony Reviews

Original review: Oct. 2, 2019

I met my spouse using Harmony. The profile setup takes a REALLY to complete and fill out the needed sections. However, I also REALLY liked the details they required a user to complete because it helps weed out some of the people who are not there to truly date but just hook-up. It also gives a much better way to evaluate potential prospects. And, the first sets of communication allow for you to evaluate potential partners without going on actual dates (saves money from the guys perspective and time/energy on the girls).

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

I was divorced 12/27/16 and a friend talked me into going on EHarmony beginning of February 2017 and it was a free weekend so I was hoping just to be able to see who was out there and maybe set up a date. I was so nervous putting myself out there since I have never been on a dating app. One guy name Jeff said hi and we talked and he gave me his phone number and we became friends on Facebook so I gave him my phone number as well. I was 36 years old and he was 42 years old at the time and we texted constantly. Our first face to face date was at Hoss’s Steak and Sea House and Jeff would take me to basketball games and to see the Phillies play and I really fell in love so April 22, 2017 we got engaged at the blue and white game at PENN State football game and were married on Jeff’s birthday August 8, 2017 and we are still married as of today. EHarmony was the best website ever.

Get expert buying tips about Online Dating Sites and Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

I always had trouble meeting women due to low self esteem and ended up in an awful marriage in my early 20s. After a nasty divorce, I spent 5 years raising my very young daughter alone. When I decided it was time to start dating, I decided to try eHarmony because of their matching process. I had a few bad matches, but after 6 months (and one day after letting my subscription lapse), I was matched with Sara (2/15/06). I renewed for 1 month so I could talk to her. I proposed on 4/16/06 and we married on 6/16/06. We just celebrated our 13th anniversary! It does work, if you let it. (Finding a mate is not the same as shopping for a car!)

Original review: June 18, 2019

I am a good looking man but on the inside I am highly unique in a mostly negative way. As far as the rest of the population goes I have the rarest personality type in the world, INFJ. As a man this makes me very effeminate in that I like things women like such as naked cuddles and talking for hours. I am highly sensitive highly empathetic very prone to anxiety. I don't really have any friends preferring to spend all my time with one woman. On my profile I pretty much said these things in hopes of driving most room in a way which is exactly what happened. I ended up dating a local woman who has an INFP personality, Myers-Briggs inventory if you are curious about your own type. We are a perfect match. We can spend all day naked in bed just talking and snuggling and a couple other things LOL but mostly the first two. We both love nature, can talk for hours and time flies when we are together.

We have been dating for a year now and never get bored of one another. We are both highly sensitive highly empathetic highly neurotic neither of us have any real friends so we are up each other's butt all the time like peas in a pod. Long story short eHarmony match to our personalities extremely well. Don't even try to make your profile so it appeals to the general masses. You need to show your flaws not your strengths. Show your weaknesses and all your weirdness so you find someone like you.

eHarmony response

Dear Shannon, Thank you very much for your comments and congratulations! We're so very happy that we were able to help you find that special someone. Your story is inspirational and we'd love to hear more. If you have not already shared your story on our Success Story section, at your convenience please email us.

Original review: April 27, 2019

I read these reviews and I am here to say I have had a very positive experience. After 3 months of sifting and going on dates I found my perfect match. We have been together for 2 years and we are 3 hours away. "Imagine that”. I have never felt so happy in my life. He was definitely made for me. I have tried a million other dating sites and got nothing but junk and a lot of catfishers so this was a big relief to finally find the man of my dreams on eHarmony. We are planning our big day soon and getting ready for our transition. I would recommend just sticking with it and God will send you what's for you.

eHarmony response

Dear Leah,

Thank you for sharing your success and congratulations!! Stepping outside your comfort zone, especially with regards to Distance, can be really hard, but it can and often does make the difference for success. We're so happy to hear you took that chance. If you have not already reported your story to us, please email us from the email address on your account. We'd love to hear more about your story.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about eharmony?

Original review: Nov. 19, 2019

I was a paying member of eHarmony, it didn't work. I didn't renew. Now I almost get daily e-mails that (someone's name) is interested in me. If I wait 2 or 3 days before I look at the profile of that woman, almost inevitably "Her profile has been removed" which means they are sending me people, they know are phony, to entice me to become a member. That happened last time too, so many woman were interested in me when I was a non-paying member, but not when I became a paying member. They have also been sending me "a great deal, half price". When a check on the website it is half price of their exorbitant fee, but they want a two year subscription for close to $500. I guess people have not been renewing after one year.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2019

They have the same picture for two different guys. I’ve deleted people and they show up again. I can’t change the distance. They shorten me by 1 1/2 inches. How can I get back and make changes? Not happy at all. It’s too confusing.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2019

Don't you think it's strange that most reviews give eHarmony one star, but the first reviews on this page are the few who rate it highly? Everything people are saying about this scam service is accurate, and I used to be a massive fan of eHarmony. Ignore the 3-day window for cancellation. They will NOT refund your money ever, even if you cancel within the first 24 hours. It's because they don't believe in their product and neither should you. They will tell you that they aren't obligated to give you a refund, but you are obligated to pay them even if you cancel and delete your profile. In any other business, that would be considered fraud. At least California legislators were smart enough to catch on.

With their new system, dealbreakers are ignored, so I get to tell the hopefuls who match with me that we're not a good match. It's cruel because neither of us should be put in that position. Kids are not a type of dealbreaker you can overlook! Most of my "matches" have no photos, haven't been online in months, or live out of state. One guy has four accounts. I remove matches who aren't a good fit, only to see the same match pop back up a few moments later. It's like they're hoping I have Alzheimer's. I'm in the Manhattan area, where there are plenty of people. How is it possible that there aren't decent matches when most of my settings are set to open? Maybe it's because they've been scamming customers so severely that no one uses it anymore.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2019

After less than half a day post purchasing a "membership" it was evident to me that this was not for me. I immediately emailed the Customer Care with a request to CANCEL my membership. In fact I sent off numerous emails to ensure I had a paper trail of the time line. Three different Customer Care (less) Staff have replied using the same form letter reply. None of them addressed my query of the " 3- Day Cancellation". Further to that they have me owing either $175 (11 x $15.95) or $260.00. Which is it folks?

I have printed off their emails, written a letter to their headquarters in Los Angeles and shall use Snail Mail - a method that is suggested as an option to Cancel a Membership using the 3 Day clause. It is my contention that the 3 Day Cancellation is the legal "Cooling Off Period" that is part of contracts here in Canada. Their method of, within moments of creating a profile yet NOT PAYING FOR THE FULL MEMBERSHIP, showing blurred photos and partial communication from members who are looking at you seems fake/ fraudulent. How could 4 men be looking at my profile within a few moments of my sending in my profile when it SHOULD require at least 4 minutes to read! Being it this entire realm of online dating can be a highly emotional (lonely people looking for love) I find it verging on abusive to at least NOT allow people to cancel their commitment after less than ONE DAY.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2019

PLEASE DO NOT SIGN UP FOR EHARMONY!! When you are signing up they say that you can cancel within the first 3 days of signing up. What they fail to tell you and deceptively hide on page 12 apparently of their agreement is that you must reside in one of 11 states. If you do not you are screwed and not only can you not cancel you will be billed for the remainder of the 6 months with no refund. Not only that but in order to close or remove your account even if you wish to no longer be listed you must pay the entire lump sum for 6 months. This is shameful and a lesson learned. Not only does dating suck but so does EHARMONY!

eharmony expert review by Mark Brooks

eHarmony is the largest dating site geared specifically towards long-term relationships and marriage minded singles. They claim to be responsible for over 500 new marriages every day in the US.

• In-depth entry questionnaire: eHarmony asks all of its members a little more than 300 multiple choice questions before allowing them to enter into their ranks. This in-depth questionnaire is geared at giving the site enough information to help provide you with qualified potential matches.

• No Searching: In sharp contrast to other dating sites, eHarmony does not allow members to search directly for matches. Instead, it uses the answers from the questionnaire to provide you with a selection of daily matches that should be compatible with your needs and desires in a partner.

• Guided Communication: Instead of sending off an email or wink like you would do on most sites, eHarmony takes members through 4 steps of guided communication before allowing you to continue with open communication with a new match. The guided communication is designed to help assure compatibility and that you don't waste energy on bad matches.

• Best for: People looking for long-term relationships and marriage.

Profile picture of Mark Brooks
      Mark Brooks Online Dating & Matchmaking Contributing Editor

Harvard Business School graduate, Mark Brooks, has been an expert in the Internet dating business since 1998. He is currently the CEO of Courtland Brooks, a consultancy agency for the Internet dating industry, and runs OnlinePersonalsWatch.com. He prides himself on being a New Media Futurist and can be reached at LinkedIn.

eHarmony Company Information