eHarmony
eHarmony
1.06/5
Based on 148 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

eHarmony Reviews

Los Angeles-based eharmony (www.eharmony.com) launched in the United States in 2000 with its patented Compatibility Matching System® which allows eharmony members to be matched with compatible persons with whom they are likely to enjoy a long-term relationship.

Customer Care Information:

Email Support: UserSupport@eharmony.com

Hours: 24 Hours, 7 Days a Week

Chat Support: www.eharmony.com/chat

Hours: 8am - 5pm Pacific, Monday - Friday

Refund Policy: Regarding the Singles Service, the buyer, may cancel the Agreement, without any penalty or obligation, at any time prior to midnight of the third business day following the date of Agreement, excluding Sundays and holidays.

View More View More

2055 eHarmony Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

Okay first of all I believe I have been scammed out of a 6 month membership from eHarmony. Like many of the reviews before you're told that you will receive X number responses in your area and you never do. Like one of the reviews before I would send out the icebreakers and would never receive responses from local man. I tried to cancel my membership and was told that it has to run its course for those 6 months yes. And then out the blue I received an additional $14.95 charge for profile highlighting which I never approved.

When I try to obtain a refund eHarmony became rude and belligerent which I am very certain they can see the effort I tried to put into using their site with no response. Mind you I'm not superficial but as a woman looking for love you would think at some point I will receive a valid potential connection but I did not. eHarmony is the biggest Racket and scam out there on the dating scene. Apparently their algorithms and whatever statistical analytics they use to match potential interest together does not work for the average consumer.

They need to be shut down immediately and their advertising needs to stop because they are doing nothing but scamming singles out of money. I have very few friends who have been successful on this website. Most of my friends have been successful on free websites. I don't feel that is fair and ethical for eHarmony to continue to scam people the way they have been doing. I agree with the other reviewers that some of the profiles must be fake implanted and the pictures boost it offline. This is a company that needs to be stopped immediately.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

I joined eHarmony a few months ago expecting at least a few local people around my area as I don't drive so didn't want them to be too far away. Anyway, they told me that there were quite a few in my area and I had a very good chance of having a meeting with a few nice people like myself. However, once I had joined up (for a year's membership) I only got a few and every time I sent a smile or replied I got nothing back at all. I emailed eHarmony asking them about not many people contacting me, and they just told me that I had to extend the distance to get more response even though I had said that I just want local people in my area. After two months I still haven't had one single person get back to me and just want a refund. But I've been told that I can't as I'm in a contract for a year. What a waste of money and I will never join this again. It's put me off dating forever!

Get expert buying tips about Online Dating Sites and Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2018

I seriously think that eHarmony creates fake profiles in lieu of actual breathing respondents. Oh, I believe the pictures are real but taken off the WEB and then a profile and account attached to them. All of the specific questions that I made up were never responded to, BUT the computer generated questions that EHARMONY gives you to use as an option responds. I believe these are generated by a computer program and when you write your own the computer doesn't know how to respond so there is NO response. SCAM.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2018

I joined eHarmony, it seemed safe, as their commercial says, people need to pay to be on the site, so it is safer. Not in my experience. Every single person (8 of them) that I responded to in a 2 week period was removed from the site. They don't say why, just that they did. I called and asked for a refund as I am not comfortable responding to anyone on the site. They gave me a story not to divulge personal information, blah, blah, blah. Hello! It is a dating site, and again according to the commercials, a place to go where people are looking for a committed relationship, and yet I am not supposed to divulge personal information. So I am out the money, but at least I didn't give out personal information to the deviants on the site.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

When I signed up I only saw 15.99 a month, when I wanted to cancel within a month I was told I can't and I have to pay in advance more. It's such a scam. I was not clearly notified that I only have 3 business to cancel in order to get refunds or nowhere says I have to pay installments in advance for the whole year. I emailed them and they were not friendly over the phone or email, just told me that no they won't make an exception. It's not working at all, no messages, just waste of money and time. Amazon refunded me 100% after 6 months for my Prime Amazon fees! Why eHarmony is so bad and all the info is hidden until only when I realized it's not working at all. I can't believe such a "reputable" company would do such thing! I want my money back!!! And cancel it!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about eharmony?

Original review: July 28, 2018

I can't believe this company. I am definitely thinking of suing them. I found someone and we began talking for a while and it seemed we were developing strong feelings for each other. Don't be fooled like me. His name was Robert but he had an accent, he said he was Italian and a Building Contractor in New York. His pictures are probably of someone else. He took time to get to know me and talk to me. It makes me sick and I feel extremely stupid I wanted to go see him in New York and always made an excuse so I stopped asking. Then my company send me out to New York for work and I told him and all of a sudden he is leaving to Dubai for a month. Unfortunately he scammed me of $400 dollars because Roaming was expensive in Dubai along with canceled plane tickets I stupidly booked.

But then when he tried to extract more money from me I caught on. I blocked his phone number. Now I am left heartbroken, used, feeling like a total idiot which I am after this experience and scared. We supposedly exchanged pictures of where we live. I send him photos. I told him my travel itinerary. He really worked me for several months. A year ago I lost my husband of 10 years in the line of duty. I feel worse now, heartbroken, deceived and in a worse mental state than I had been before this mess. I will never try a dating site again. I will never know how much damage I might have done to my personal information and my safety. Learn from my stupidity. Don't sign up to eHarmony or any dating sites.

Original review: July 25, 2018

I also signed up and spent a great deal of time creating a profile. I had 1 match only completely outside of my parameters in terms of distance and age. After reading the reviews on here I decided to close my account. Once I got to that page I magically now had 9 "new" matches waiting. This company is a scam. Don't waste your time or your money!!!

Original review: July 21, 2018

No local matches and the few that responded were somewhat mysterious in their candor! Tried to cancel after 2 weeks and was CONNED into paying for the full 6 months subscription!! I consider myself a fairly attractive guy, I do better flirting at different social events. It's a numbers game! eHarmony has nose-dived in quality ever since Neal retired from the company, what's left is a bunch of CON artists, and subscription mongers!!!

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: July 17, 2018

This site is awful. When you get matches, they are outside of the parameters you set. When you set parameters to very important, which I feel is acceptable since I don't want to date someone old enough to be my dad, you get nothing. The funny thing is, all this didn't start until I took off the auto renew feature. Now it has been almost 2 weeks and no matches at all, no visitors to my profile. Seems kind of scandalised to me.

When I write to the company they say, "No can't cancel should have the terms and here a copy. If you want to delete your account let us know but we are still going to take your money for the year." And I didn't even know I signed up for a year since that process was so complicated I thought I was paying monthly not for the whole year in 3 consecutive payments. All I have to say it run, run very fast and don't join this site. I will be telling everyone I know how horrible it is. There are so many better options out there that have better customer service.

eHarmony response

Dear Brenda, I'm sorry to hear you have not been happy with the number of matches available. Setting a preference to 'very important' does limit what the system can find for you, but there may be other factors affecting matches. For subs, the terms of payment are laid out during the subscription process, I am sorry that you found that process confusing. I'd like to see if we can help with your match concerns. Please email us at membercare@eharmony.com from the email on your eharmony account.

Original review: July 16, 2018

I realized right away that eHarmony does not have enough people joining to be able to supply reasonable matches to their customers. They were all in different state and well over 50 (my age range was 36-46). I even changed the setting to very important and still received one match from another state. I sent an email within the cancellation period requesting they cancel my account, well they never responded so I sent a follow up email, never responded.

Sent a third email threatening to contact the Better Business Bureau if they didn’t respond, within hours I get a response telling me I’m past the cancellation period so I will not get a refund. I explained that I was within the cancellation period and how no one bothered to accept my request to cancel to which they basically replied, "Too bad, you’re not getting a refund." I’m not sure how they think this type of unethical business practice is acceptable but they are sticking to their guns. It’s a shame there are companies this fraudulent nowadays.

Original review: July 13, 2018

When I joined eHarmony, I did it sort of as a game, a way to meet some people, maybe have a little fun, but nothing serious, as I had just been abandoned after an 18 year relationship. But I spent the days required to fill out all the questions they ask to find your perfect match. The daily matches they sent were hundreds of miles away, and none of them listed a marital status, which makes me suspicious. I must have sent friendly messages to at least 50 guys in the two months I used the service. I think two replied back, with the exact same wording. They both said to my questions as to if there were real people on eHarmony, and if they had met someone yet. They both answered in the exact same words. "Yes, I have, Keep trying. Good Luck!" None of the other guys I wrote simple "Good morning. How is your day?" Or "How is the weather?" Or whatever, no one else replied.

So either your messages go to a computer that occasionally spits out Yes, I have, Keep trying. Good Luck! Or no guys that use the site want to find a friend, relationship, or partner so they don't respond to messages. I think this is just a hoax site, like someone else said to ferret out personal information from the masses. And those of us desperate enough to try to find love on a site like this are just the prey they are looking for, stupid enough to give them all kinds of personal information about us, and then dumb enough to pay them to take it, and most likely sell it for profit somehow.

Let's see, they know where I live, everything about my personality, my surroundings, my place of work, what bank I use... Did I give them my blood type too? Was that one of the hundreds of questions they asked? Damn, I should have lied. Oh yeah, another thing. I asked Mr. Smarty Computer pants, who said that he had found someone and I would too, and good luck. I asked him, "Is it strange for one to wonder why you are still on here if you "found" someone?" Within 20 minutes his account was disabled. So, was he real? Do people really find matches on eHarmony?

I think it's **, and I wrote to cancel my account. They collect your money and send phony profiles to you. Most of the people look like they could be Freddy Krugger's brother. After reading all the other reviews on this site, I'm convinced that this is a total scam site used to con innocent desperate lonely people into giving away information that is probably used to sell to people who make false identities. I entirely expect to find that my personal information given to this site will be used to try to obtain credit under my name. Fraud in other words. eHarmony is a big fat FRAUD!

Original review: July 8, 2018

I did not get many matches, maybe two in three weeks that were within the parameters I set. I used the service initially and was able to cancel within three days and get my money back. I decided to try again, and thought maybe I should leave it there longer; this decision was a HUGE mistake. When I tried to cancel my account I was told that I could not because they were planning to collect two more payments of $80 something dollars to pay my subscription out over the next year. I contacted customer service and was told that I should have read the fine print. I understand that I agreed to those, but good business is doing the right thing. Match.com does not do this to their customers.

Nordstrom will let you return shoes that you have run in, even if they are dirty, simply if you find them to be a bad product. I sent in a request to customer service and asked them to do the right thing. Keep the 80 some dollars I paid for the three weeks that I used, (which is a joke anyway, considering that if you call in to complain they will offer you a ten dollar a month deal) and close the account. They declined and said I had to pay the other two payments to close it. I am a single mom with a disabled child that I raise alone, I have had to go through the hassle of calling my bank to stop any charges, and was advised to close out the account in the morning. Please DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: July 3, 2018

Don’t waste your time or money. Months on the site with NO replies from anyone YOU have an interest in. The only messages or interest you’ll get is from Senior citizens that look like they can’t move out of the chairs they took their pictures in! Consumers affairs or the BBB should look into shutting eHarmony down...there are enough complaints to have a class action lawsuit!

eHarmony response

Dear Susan, I'm very sorry to hear that you have had any concerns over a lack of communication. If you'd reach out to us at membercare@eharmony.com from the email on your eharmony account, I'd be happy to see if there's anything we can do to improve chances of communciation and your matches. While we can't do anything about physical attraction, if you are receiving matches older than you'd care for, adjustments can be made.

Original review: July 1, 2018

I signed up for a 3-month trial through eHarmony. I spent hours answering their online questions as I gave every attempt to be completely honest and transparent. I set my match searches for men between ages 57-65; and my search range within 60 miles. None of these are unreasonable. However, every match I received (62 in the first 48 hours) were either 50-55 or 68+ - both of which were outside my search requests. When I contacted them to resolve the issue, they failed to send me any match until I sent a complaint - after which I was sent one single match, who was again age 70.

Since that time I have received no matches at all. I feel that eHarmony's advertisements are a sham, and that their touted claims of being a top matchmaking company are nothing more than bravado and falsehoods. They tell me to widen my search, but who wants to be matched to another person that lives 4-8 hours away? Tell me how that is conducive to dating? eHarmony has proven itself to be a major disappointment. I would never recommend this dating site to anyone; nor will I ever give them another dime for a service they cannot provide.

Dear Sarah,

I'm sorry to hear you have not been happy with your matches. You may be receiving matches outside your settings due to the importance level. If you are at less than "very", the system will relax those settings in order to find more matches, if none can be found within the specified range. If you'd be willing to reach out to us from the email address on your account to membercare@eharmony.com, I'd like to see what we can do to help.

Original review: July 1, 2018

Nothing but a honeypot to collect personal information. Created an account, entered truthfully all the correct information. Went back and started to edit and add more information. Checked my email and 20min prior got a notice that they closed the account — but, with the account closed switched back to the site that was far eager to collect even more information. What hackers call a “honeypot” - Eharmony is doing this “legally”, hidden under mountains of “privacy, terms of service” all without giving a direct answer. DO NOT GIVE UP YOUR PERSONAL INFO TO THIS COMPANY. GDPR & Right to be forgotten -> EHARMONY.

Original review: June 27, 2018

This service is horrible. Two of the matches they had for me were removed by them for security reasons. The other matches are too old, too young and/or too far. I am completely dissatisfied with the service and asked for a refund for some of my money and they said No. Their only concern is getting your money. They could care less if you find a match. They even automatically renew your subscription for subsequent years. Total sham. You would be better standing on the curb with a sign to find a match.

Original review: June 24, 2018

I joined in December 2017 when eHarmony was running a special rate and received two months free. I deleted my profile and pictures and closed my account the beginning of June 2018. After 6 months on the website I had two dates with one gentleman who wanted to get way too friendly before allowing me time to get to know him. The other match wanted an exclusive passionate relationship with me after corresponding with two emails. This match was subsequently removed from the site and banned per the email I received last week. The other matches were either too old, too young, too far away or did not bother to respond. I am very disappointed and feel that I could have used the membership fee buy groceries and have had a better experience.

Original review: June 23, 2018

Do not use this service! The matches are anyone they can hook to pay their very expensive monthly fees. DO NOT sign up for more than a month, you won’t be able to cancel the account until eHarmony.com has drained every penny for your subscription. There is no “compatibility match”, just accounts with one or two pictures, or ghost accounts. Not worth the money they so gallantly ripped people off.

Original review: June 22, 2018

This site is so bad. I never met anyone. The ones I did send messages to never responded back. I use it for 30 days. Didn't speak with not one person. I deleted and canceled my account and actually saved the cancellation message because I did read the reviews before of how they will still be taking your money afterward. I canceled several months ago. I met my boyfriend on POF. We even live together now. This morning I check my account to pay a bill and out the blue I see they charge my card again. Out of nowhere. I haven't been on that site in months. Most definitely thieves and a ripoff. Now I have to do a fraud report at my bank just to get my money back. It's sad.

Original review: June 21, 2018

USELESS. First I think I'm at least a decent looking guy, I'm fit, athletic, dont have a beer gut, 5'10 in height, 172 pounds, I dress professionally in all my pics. I have also tried Match.com and Zoosk. Both are better than eHarmony but I wanted to try eHarmony because they claim to match you with the right person based on their questionnaire. BS. I wish I had read these reviews before I committed to the 3 month subscription. I only have a few days left till it runs out, and I hope they don't charge me anymore. I did turn off auto-renewal.

Original review: June 21, 2018

I have no problem with eHarmony itself - I used it for about 3 months. However, when I tried to cancel it turned into a nightmare. It was such a complicated process that I delayed for 9 months (and continued paying the $29.99/mo). When I finally called to cancel I was on the phone for 1 hour and 28 minutes not counting hold time at the beginning. I have NEVER experienced anything like it and I will NEVER use eHarmony again just because of the cancellation process.

The technician on the phone was nice although I had trouble understanding him and vice versa due to his Indian accent and I had to allow him to take control of my computer screen, access my bank checking account, take pics of my driver's license and a pic of myself (to verify my identity supposedly) and maneuver through my email, iPhone, and computer to get my refund and cancel. I will not be surprised whatsoever if I wake up tomorrow and discover my bank account has been emptied and my identity stolen. I was just so desperate to cancel the freaking subscription!

Original review: June 19, 2018

This is the worse dating site I've experienced. I had an account & I had to call in to cancel & delete it but it never gets deleted. Then several months later I checked to see if there were any activities on my account that was canceled & I removed all the pics however when I logged in, all my pictures were still there & other people's pictures too. You can never delete your account. They do that so they can say they have all these people with accounts on their site but in fact over half are inactive & can't delete their account. They are a mafia!

Dear Vanessa,

I'm very sorry to hear you weren't satisfied with our service and sought to have your account fully deleted. You should have been sent an email outlining the deletion process which you would reply back to in order to put that in motion. If you would still like to completely delete your account, please email us at membercare@eharmony.com from the email address on your account and I'll take a look to see what happened and try and get this resolved for you.

Original review: June 19, 2018

This dating site is such a ripoff and not worth it at all. I never go on dating sites and thought this one would be better since they are so known and charge so much, but I was very wrong. Me and a co-worker went through the whole questionnaire and at the end it wouldn't let you go month-to-month, you were required to pay for 3 months at $180.00. She got out and said forget it. I stupidly did not. Few hours later, they offered her the same membership, but for 1/3 of the price. I e-mailed them about that and they refused to at least honor the price my co-worker was offered. This is a joke and really bad business practice. Even worse, every person I'm match with is old enough to be my dad or looks older than my dad. This has been such a complete waste of my time and money. I should have just went on the free sites. My friends all do and easily find good people without being screwed over.

Original review: June 18, 2018

I joined eHarmony over a year ago and paid for a year up front. During that entire time I only heard from three people and a few scammers that were removed. The matches were unsatisfactory and none of the men who were picked for me hardly at all answered any of the questions on their end of the profile. All the men want younger women or all the profiles seem fake. I was and am very unhappy with the site. I felt I had a reasonable profile and ok pictures.

Original review: June 14, 2018

I recently joined eHarmony and had one of the worst experiences of my life. I was matched with a member of the KKK who had previously been arrested for hate crimes. I'm a disabled woman so this was extra terrifying. I tried to cancel my account and request that I not have to pay the final two installments and was told I couldn't because it was not within the first three days. One would assume there would be an exception when someone's life is put at risk. I intend to pursue this.

Dear Robyn,

My name is Scott and I'm very sorry to hear about your experience. Our members safety and security is of paramount importance to us. If you have not already been in touch with our Trust and Safety team, please email me at membercare@eharmony.com using the email address on your eharmony account and I'll be happy to try and help you further.

Original review: June 6, 2018

I joined eHarmony as it was a suggestion from a friend who met her husband on the service. I joined and paid for the full 12 months I went through all the questions posted pictures I participate on a regular basis when I get the notification of "new" matches and I have been on eHarmony 4 going on 5 months now and I have not met a single person, have not had a single date. 99% of everyone I contact ignores me and every time I reach out to eHarmony they blame me for it for not having an exciting profile and they keep telling me to give it more time. From where I sit eHarmony is a five star waste of time! Very disappointed and vexed with the entire experience.

Hi J.L.,

My name is Scott and I'm sorry to hear you've had any concerns regarding a lack of communication from your matches. This is a process that takes time, a different amount for everyone. Communicating with every match that interests you is key, but even doing that, you will end up with matches who don't respond at all. I'd like to see if there's anything I can do to improve your experience. Please email me at membercare@eharmony.com from the email address used on your eharmony account.

Original review: June 6, 2018

I am Sierra and I have a subscription with eHarmony. I will tell you it is the worst thing I have ever signed up for. I got the 6 month subscription, because I felt like it was time for me to rejoin the dating life after a year and half of me and my boyfriend breaking up. You go through all these questions about yourself and what you look for in a partner. Well I thought "Well hey, with all these questions it shouldn't be long since I meet someone?" Yeah, that was wrong! I have been on this site for a month now. I will tell you it isn't all how they make it cracked up to be on TV. You have to pay a pretty hefty subscription fee, usually 3 installments. That is one thing I didn't like about it. I was hoping they would have something you can pay monthly, have benefits with the site and if you no longer want it, cancel and have your benefits taken away.

Sounds like a good deal to me, yeah well now I am stuck in it for 6 months, fixing to be on my second payment and have yet to find anyone close to me. When I finally did find someone at least an hour, he stopped talking to me like after a week or 2 when we finally gave each other our phone number. eHarmony has these questions you can ask someone and instead of giving me real answers you have these pre-written answers so far most of the guys I have talked to used. That made me feel like crap, because here I am giving true answers and they giving me pre-written answers. Made me feel like they weren't truly interested. I have no guys around my area and if I did, they aren't attracted to me. There isn't much to choose from and when I put my desire to be close to home, I don't have any matches and eHarmony is trying to get me to open the destination up farther than what I want.

If you don't PAY you can't do anything. Basically eHarmony is just money hungry. I am sure if I canceled my subscription I would still be charged the 3 month installment fee. Please, please stay away from eHarmony. You will have better luck on your own finding someone instead of dating sites. I haven't tried many, but the ones I have tried either want money or it's a bunch of pervs looking for one thing that I don't want to give.

Hi Sierra,

My name is Scott and I'm very sorry to hear you've had a less than favorable experience on the site. Please know that even with what we can do, this is still a process that takes time; sometimes it takes a long time. It's different for each person.

I'd like to see if I can help you out with your account and your match concerns. Please contact me at membercare@eharmony.com from the email address on your account and I'll be happy to see if I can help you out.

Original review: June 2, 2018

As the rest of the reviewers have stated, this site basically is a fraud! I could swear the advertisement that caught my attention and entice me into giving this expensive site a try was the promise of matching you with a specially designed scientific system or "3 months money back guarantee" which now is nowhere to be found! I've been contacting customer service since the very beginning expressing my dissatisfaction and even though once got an automatic reply stating that they will reduce to half my annual membership THAT NEVER HAPPENED.

They charged the full price of $191.40. All I got as replies was: "Give it time..." "Be patience..." No matches in my area! No communication exchange whatsoever! No notifications! Every time I've contacted customer service to express my frustration, mysteriously a very interested prospect will appear and once I replied one or two messages they will vanished and I got a message stating this is no longer an eligible match. But customer service always had a recommendation for me to buy time! "Update your profile." "Update pictures." "Give it time." "Be patient." I've finally contacted them requesting my money back and this time: They haven't even sent a courtesy reply. This is completely a FRAUD!

Original review: May 30, 2018

This is hands down, the worst dating website ever. They seem to have only the singles who no one wants to date. Real duds. They charge more than any other website, and never bother to contact their clients or even ask for feedback. Horrible waste of money and depressing too! Basically, this is big fraud. DON'T MAKE THE MISTAKE OF PAYING THEM A DIME. You will find much better singles on the regular websites.

Hi Julie,

My name is Scott and I'm very sorry to hear you've had a less than exemplary experience so far on the site. Please know that we do actually have several means for members to provide feedback. Our Help FAQ's have a feedback option and you can send feedback via mobile devices as well. I'd be happy to review your account and see what we can do to improve your experience. Please reach out to me at membercare@eharmony.com from the email address on your eharmony account.

Original review: May 30, 2018

I signed up for eHarmony because supposedly they are the best online dating site. I signed up, filled out my profile and then waited, and waited and waited. I am specific about dating in my area not having a long-distance experience. Really only 3-5 fellas in my city. After a month nothing changed and their response is to broaden my area base. That becomes long-distance dating and not the ability to meet for lunch or coffee or for a walk after work. I asked for my money back, but instead they extended my membership and charged me again. I signed up for one month but they charged me for 3 and when I asked to get that changed I received no answer and nothing was done. The worst! The absolute worst online experience!

Updated on 05/31/2018: It gets worse! I received an email from eHarmony this morning regarding my wish to leave and not renew. They suggested that I log-in and change my standards for what I'm looking for in a relationship. Obviously they are not going to refund my money nor are they going to take responsibility in not informing this consumer that my area had few participants in my age, religion, age group, and other choices. Basically, if I just modify (compromise) my needs and my standards, they can find me a date. My happiness or needs are not important to them. They DO NOT know what I want for me more than I do. The worst!

eharmony expert review by Mark Brooks

eHarmony is the largest dating site geared specifically towards long-term relationships and marriage minded singles. They claim to be responsible for over 500 new marriages every day in the US.

• In-depth entry questionnaire: eHarmony asks all of its members a little more than 300 multiple choice questions before allowing them to enter into their ranks. This in-depth questionnaire is geared at giving the site enough information to help provide you with qualified potential matches.

• No Searching: In sharp contrast to other dating sites, eHarmony does not allow members to search directly for matches. Instead, it uses the answers from the questionnaire to provide you with a selection of daily matches that should be compatible with your needs and desires in a partner.

• Guided Communication: Instead of sending off an email or wink like you would do on most sites, eHarmony takes members through 4 steps of guided communication before allowing you to continue with open communication with a new match. The guided communication is designed to help assure compatibility and that you don't waste energy on bad matches.

• Best for: People looking for long-term relationships and marriage.

Profile picture of Mark Brooks
Mark Brooks

Online Dating & Matchmaking Contributing Editor

Harvard Business School graduate, Mark Brooks, has been an expert in the Internet dating business since 1998. He is currently the CEO of Courtland Brooks, a consultancy agency for the Internet dating industry, and runs OnlinePersonalsWatch.com. He prides himself on being a New Media Futurist and can be reached at LinkedIn.

eHarmony Company Information

eharmony
1997
Los Angeles
help-singles.eharmony.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business