1.06/5

eHarmony Reviews

Los Angeles-based eharmony launched in the United States in 2000 with its patented Compatibility Matching System® which allows eharmony members to be matched with compatible persons with whom they are likely to enjoy a long-term relationship.

2145 eHarmony Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 23, 2019

I signed up with eHarmony for 6 months since that seemed to be the shortest sign up time period available. I would be considered to be an above average attractive, educated young woman and after having been on the app for 2 months - I have yet to have a single date. 99.9% of the people who contact me are those with VERY different sensibilities and not compatible. Most of the messages aren't even actual sentences but rather eHarmony generated auto questions.

I wanted to get out of my contract but upon contacting them, I was told my complaints were not valid and would not be accepted. They also said basically I should be trying harder to get dates. Not to be completely crass, but you are telling a girl who is a 8 to "try harder" with guys who are a 2? I get a lot more dates on the free apps on Bumble, etc. Also, I have noticed recently they have stopped sending me ANY matches whatsoever. Honestly this is a scam and I would urge everyone to stay away from it.

Original review: May 14, 2019

This is from a customer who used Eharmony close to 10 years ago, then returned four years ago and has used it the past 12 months. At one time, I loved this site. It helped me to meet someone who has remained a special part of my life, and I literally can't imagine my life without this dear friend in it. I was a real believer. Then I returned to using Eharmony one year ago and was appalled. The site is rampant with fraudulent, scammer profiles. Matches would be pulled constantly with emails sent advising that it was deemed a suspicious or fraudulent profile.

Then came the day I encountered my friend's profile which she hadn't used for YEARS. Understandably upset at the matches I was being spoonfed, I contacted their support. Someone tried to convince me that such things do not happen, that old/unattended profiles are deleted. And that spam profiles are very rare because of the subscription base. Well I have a whole email collection of these notices. These fake profiles comprise the MAJORITY of the responses I've received within 12 months.

Oh and, for the record, I jumped to another online dating site and am doing marvelously, with several ongoing conversations at this moment. I wanted to write this review because I feel personally talked down to and treated like a fool to find out how they parade abandoned profiles or scammers in front of their paying userbase all to create the illusion that they actually having a thriving membership. It's all become window dressing, hiding that most of the real users have long since left EH. Don't get sucked into thinking that because they charge an insane amount of money, that EH is anything more than an inflated scam...real once perhaps, even wonderful...but it's long since turned into a zombie preying upon the legacy of its once respected name.

Get expert buying tips about Online Dating Sites and Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 11, 2019

I had a paid membership on this site for two months, from approximately February 15, 2019 to April 15, 2019. I did not renew thereafter but my profile was still active. Today they closed my account for unknown reasons and sent emails to everyone I ever interacted with that I am some kind of scammer. Well, I soon found out the reason, it seems that a woman I went out once seven weeks ago fabricated some kind of story about me because I did not call her back. I know because she wrote me to gloat about it. I could care less that they closed my account, it is a terrible site with few matches less than three or four hours away, but impugning my character to others with no factual basis is too much. These people are the worst.

Original review: May 9, 2019

So I signed up for a single month and decided I did not like the platform and would not be renewing. Six months later to the day, I was charged $34.99. My first thought was that someone is using my card. How could this be? I contacted customer service which is a true misnomer, there's no "service" anywhere with this department. They take a long time to get back to you and don't fully address your questions so it takes over a week to get any real answers. Apparently, everyone who signs up, regardless for how long is put on auto renewal. eHarmony says this is to "ensure continuous service". They provided me with a link to their ten page Terms of Service stating that "all customers agree to this policy", essentially saying that I should have seen the tiny snippet buried in ten pages of legalese that says unless I disable automatic billing, I will be billed again and it's pretty much tough **.

This is beyond deceptive. It is clear that I only paid for a single month, since when do they offer six month memberships for $34.99? It is clear that I haven't logged onto their site for six months and it is clear that I did not know that my membership would be renewed after six months yet this company refuses to provide a refund. Unreal.

Original review: May 8, 2019

I have been using eHarmony over a month now and have had only 2 matches that I've liked and neither moved past the initial chatting stage. All of my matches were either not someone I'd consider dating or they were super religious (which I am not). If you consider yourself very traditional and very Christian, this is the site for you. If you are not conservative/religious, stay away. You can't even browse matches other than the 3-8 they give you a day, so tough luck there. The worst thing for me is when I tried to cancel and because I signed up for a monthly subscription, they wouldn't cancel until my subscription expires. This is really, slimy!!! I ended up canceling my credit card. If you do use them, use a gift card or something like that to sign up. I've had much, much better luck on free sites.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about eharmony?

Original review: May 1, 2019

After a painful divorce, I decided to put myself back out there after it had been a while. After an intense questionnaire, I was only matched with 2 people. Really? After that long quiz and a pricey membership, that’s all? I even live near a highly populated metro area. I talked to 1 guy for about a month. Any time I mentioned us meeting up he kind of dodged the question. I started to wonder if this guy was legit, married or something. Somehow he let it slip that he knew my full name and everything about me. How? He admitted he hacked into my account! He said he works with security fraud and did it to make sure I was a real person and not a fake profile because he had been catfished before. That’s still not okay!

I was really upset that this person was able to get into my account and find out all my information. I contacted eHarmony but they weren’t very helpful. Just apologized. I was so freaked out that I cancelled my membership, blocked this person and had my credit card deactivated just to be safe. If just anyone is able to access your account and information, I don’t want any part of that site and it’s definitely not a trustworthy site. Overall? I think the site is a scam that preys on lonely people.

Original review: May 1, 2019

I spoke to a friend that used eHarmony several years used eHarmony (BTW, she did not someone from EH), so she said, "Save about an hour or so for the questions that eHarmony will ask!" So last week I did just that... then I register, start the questions excited about the possibility of finding as one of their founders says... "REAL"... BTW, what a joke... I pressed onward with the general profile Q&A, entered several REAL up to date pictures, REAL email, etc. and then the following additional BIG RED FLAGS started to occur...

First, I said I would join after I see what the website is all about. The questions are "NOT" or as "IN-DEPTH" as previously mentioned by my friend or as the eHarmony previously advertised in their respective commercials! eHarmony today (2019), is similar or the same-as other major dating websites when it comes to Q&A. (How are you to find a REAL person with such general questions with about a dozen or so questions)? So during this process of Q&A, I received one price during the registration process and of course, each time thereafter I reviewed the pricing was a much higher price during the week I was registered. Very discouraging!

The Ole' Bait and Switch game in pricing! eHarmony pricing model prays on the hopeful fact you are emotionally involved in this process whereby when you start receiving "interest" you will pay the higher fees to join, to see the profiles and hopefully find your true love. BIG RED FLAG... Then the first group of "Blurred Face" pictures of ladies eHarmony sent me, are total BS. Then there's more...

Get with 2019 eHarmony... People are going to try to at least see who really sent the profiles via the www, even your blurred obscured profiles. BTW some people actually know how to use the www. to review potential profiles in real time, real world. People are curious by nature! Some of us actually have the skillset to see if your profiles are true or false...

I did see one of a few ladies that her profile said she was 42, in fact, she is over 10 years older than her profile stated; she does not even live in the state or even the part of the country that here profile says... BIG RED FLAG to me... but let's face it as many of 50% lie on their respective dating profiles to some degree (me, not included! Come on people, you are paying for a service so why lie... it is your money, never start a relationship with a lie or you are doomed).

It was not the fact that this lady was 53, heck, I am 54 and actually like ladies around my age unlike most men around my age... it was the fact that this was one of the first profiles from eHarmony sent to me that was a complete and utter false profile, among the others that I received. This first week I received 11 profiles of which I would say that 99% were total BS and fake profiles. BTW, not one of these 11 profiles was a paying eHarmony profile, another BIG RED FLAG... I also live in a metro area of 7 million people, received a couple of profiles from the metro where I reside that were also 100% FAKE profiles, another BIG RED FLAG...

So after being highly discouraged with the whole online dating BS apps, I decided to say goodbye to eHarmony and delete my profile forever. The commercials, false advertising should be dealt with... However, under a further review of the commercials, eHarmony shirts the line between truthful and false advertising. However, the bait and switch in pricing once you enter your profile is real, oh again they have their lawyers do a great job in crafting the eHarmony Terms and Conditions, but still wrong with the Bait and Switch model regardless of how the Terms and Use reads. eHarmony prays on your individual wait and desire to be in a relationship to the utmost degree and they win or they would not still be here. Human nature says that if one person stops using a service such as eHarmony, there is another person to immediately fill that spot, Judge for yourselves! Me, 2 thumbs down on eHarmony.

Original review: April 30, 2019

Well, I had a very hopeful heart that eHarmony was going to aid me in finding someone to share the remaining of my life with. I had heard a lot of positive stories about people finding their love partner on eHarmony and since it was a paid site I thought it would be even better to find someone who wanted to make a effort to find happiness and love again. Boy, was I dead wrong. What I mean is with the expectation of two decent guys all of the others were out for one thing to have sex. I stated in my profile on the site that I was looking for someone to have a long meaningful relationship with and was not looking for a one night stand. I thought stupid me that people looked at your profile with some of the same feeling as me.

I guess I was so out of the dating scene for so long that I was expecting the better of there people. The only reason I even did this stupid dating site because I had lost the love of my life 5 years ago to illness. I was 39 years old and maybe just maybe wanted to start a friendship and fall in love again with someone special. In conclusion I would not recommend eHarmony to ANYONE!!!! Funny because I went on to another dating site against my better judgment to not only find a amazing man but also ask me to marry him. I feel all dating sites are TRASH???? Would never and will never do it AGAIN!!!

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: April 28, 2019

Don't waste your money on this service. It provides no added value over free dating apps. There are lots of "free" user profiles who don't have access to communicate but are sent out as matches regularly. Unless you live in a major city such as NYC there likely won't be sufficient active matches to connect with.

eHarmony response

Dear C, Thank you for your feedback, everyone who joins eharmony and completes our Relationship Questionnaire successfully is first matched as a non-subscriber. We give all of our members the opportunity to experience our successful matching process and therefore, both paid and non-paid members are included in the matching pool. If you'd like us to see what we can do to improve your matching, please email us from the email associated with your eharmony account.

Original review: April 27, 2019

Being one of the most expensive online dating sites it is frustrating to pay the money and then be matched with people who are trying for free and can’t actually communicate. And these people taking advantage of the free trial? Numerous scammers! A network of scammers from Nigeria and Turkey target woman on this site (and I’m sure others) to get money. I unfortunately was targeted numerous times.

The “scientifically proven” matching system is frustrating and fact you have to wait for matches and can’t surf for matches was limiting. I tried cancelling my subscription on the last day and upon cancelling it immediately renewed. I was then told that the policy stating that you can get your money back within three days does not apply for automatic renewals. How can they renew something that is cancelled?! I was told because they have “no way of knowing I cancelled before it was renewed” I cannot get my money back. The real kicker is my profile is closed yet I’m paying for it!!! The customer services was poor and all around a terrible experience costing me 270 dollars! ! Save your money and time!

Original review: April 27, 2019

I read these reviews and I am here to say I have had a very positive experience. After 3 months of sifting and going on dates I found my perfect match. We have been together for 2 years and we are 3 hours away. "Imagine that”. I have never felt so happy in my life. He was definitely made for me. I have tried a million other dating sites and got nothing but junk and a lot of catfishers so this was a big relief to finally find the man of my dreams on eHarmony. We are planning our big day soon and getting ready for our transition. I would recommend just sticking with it and God will send you what's for you.

Dear Leah,

Thank you for sharing your success and congratulations!! Stepping outside your comfort zone, especially with regards to Distance, can be really hard, but it can and often does make the difference for success. We're so happy to hear you took that chance. If you have not already reported your story to us, please email us from the email address on your account. We'd love to hear more about your story.

Original review: April 16, 2019

Eharmony puts people on their sites without knowledge that most of them are catfishers, the people that I spoke with either never responded or they were not real profiles. Very discouraging and no one in authority to speak to AT ALL! I asked for a refund and since it was past 3 days they would not give it, how would anyone know that it was a waste in 3 days. HOW can you possibly sleep at night knowing that people are being taken advantage of. The people that I reported WERE ALL TAKEN down, by you. I knew it and you didn't I again ask for a refund. This was a terrible experience and once that has turned me off from ONLINE dating forever. Please reconsider you have totally taken advantage of me and I am sure for other woman who don't know to report people.

Original review: April 16, 2019

Signed up because a trusted friend recommended eHarmony. I live in a city with 10 million people, yet I'd only get paired up with guys who lived 5 hours away or more - some of them 10 hours away! How are you supposed to date someone who lives so far away you'd have to drive 10-20 hours for a date?!? And, even if they had lived closer, there was not a single one who even caught my interest. (Tried Match, went on many fun and interesting dates.)

About three months after I signed up I tried getting my money back, but there was no way they'd return even a portion of it. A few months later, I logged on and saw that they had started categorizing people by race: Hispanic, **, **... Really??? Do they think people are afraid of accidentally dating outside of their own race? Is this the 1950's? I know they've been working hard to stay relevant in the ocean of new dating sites that pop up, but the results are awful. eHarmony is incompetent, inefficient, insensitive and insulting.

Original review: April 15, 2019

I used eHarmony several years ago and had such a positive experience. So when I decided to try online dating again, I definitely wanted to use eHarmony again. It was bad from the get go but I wanted to give it a fair chance so I used eHarmony for a couple of weeks. I finally got one match that I actually decided to share my number with and it was very obvious it was not the person and was extremely scary. I was definitely dome and was fine to cancel and pay for the three months already paid for about two weeks of "service " but they won't stop charging me.

eHarmony response

Dear Jessica, Thank you for your feedback and we are very sorry to hear you had a bad experience with a match. I want to assure you that we share your concerns regarding the existence of fraud suspects online. We have a dedicated team who works to review accounts proactively in an effort to remove fraud suspects before they are even matched. We'd like to see what we can do to alleviate your concerns, please emails us from the email on your account.

Original review: April 14, 2019

I keep receiving emails deposited to my spam monitor telling me that I have matches and I never registered for this site. I have emailed them twice for them to remove from their email list and they have not done so as of yet.

eHarmony response

Dear Gerald, thank you for your feedback. We're sorry to hear you've been receiving emails but have never signed up. If you could please email us from the email which is receiving the messages, we'd be happy to look into it.

Original review: April 13, 2019

I thought that E-Harmony would be a good place for online dating as you have to pay money to be on it - so less chance of BS or hookups (like Tinder, Bumble, POF). What a joke. Barely any matches, so I was asked to broaden my search perimeters. Then I started getting flooded with bizarre matches from all over the world. When I would click on their profile, I discovered they hadn't even filled out the profile - yet we seemed to be "100% compatible". Then there was the fact that in a two week span I had over FIVE termination notices for some of my matches... and I reported one as it was CLEARLY fraudulent. One guy even sent me ** images after telling me that he was just getting ready to spend the day with his family (since family meant so much to him). What a joke!!

When I decided to cancel, I was told that I was scheduled to pay up until SEPTEMBER... Wait, what??? No, I paid for 2 months - not 6. I wanted to cancel the rest of this scam of a contract. NOPE. And then when I tried to delete my account to stop receiving matches? NOPE. It showed the button to delete - but you can't press it. My guess is that they WANT my profile on there so they can shop it around to other men who are paying to be on the site. THIS IS A SCAM. Plain and simple. Sadly, their slick advertising makes them seem legit. E-Harmony, don't bother trying to contact me unless you are FULLY cancelling my contract with no auto payments coming out up to September. Your "customer support" team is ANYTHING but supportive. WHAT A WASTE OF TIME, ENERGY AND MONEY.

Original review: April 13, 2019

I found a Groupon for a 3-month membership to eHarmony. It was a great price, so I gambled and went for it. When I signed up they asked for a credit card (first red flag) even though the 3 months was already paid for. I went ahead and entered a credit card I rarely use, then set a notification in my calendar to cancel membership before the 90 days were up. I won't get too much into the quality of the matches, but suffice it to say I wasn't impressed. I date quite a bit, but found no one of interest. No biggie, I'll just cancel, right? NOPE. I tried to cancel (actually only one month in to my ALREADY paid 3 months) and they said I couldn't, that I was committed to paying for six months. When did SIX months enter the equation?? I contacted customer support and they said the Groupon was for a discounted first 3 months of a 6 month contract. Wtf are you talking about? NOWHERE did it say anything about 6 months.

I went back and forth with eHarmony and said, bottom line, I'm 1 month in to a 3 month membership and I'm DONE, please cancel my account. Then I cancelled my credit card because I didn't trust that they wouldn't charge me who knows what. And good thing I did! They tried to take HUNDREDS of dollars for a SIX month membership I never signed up for. I researched and researched and found there was no way to deal with these people. I'd canceled my card but they continued to send me bills and I couldn't delete my profile. What was I to do?? So I changed my profile to a ** ad. "NO PAY, NO PLAY! MARRIED? OKAY!" In every. Single. Section. Over and over and over again. Within two days my profile was deleted. And I never heard from them again.

Original review: April 9, 2019

I was first directed to eHarmony from a website that listed "free dating apps". While you can make a profile, you can not view other members photos unless you pay. That alone might not be too bad for some, but then, you also can not message people unless you pay! So, the bare minimum you can sign up for is 3 months, and in that time I only ever had 1 conversation and about every 2nd profile I was presented was one no longer in use! Please hold onto your money, these guys don't deserve it. Attached are also screenshots of some of my matches (with informations omitted to keep identity), 1 shows I had been matched with the same profile twice (not only time this occurred), the other that we have "100% compatibility" in religious views, yet I am agnostic.

eHarmony response

Dear Pablo, thank you for your feedback. We do reserve some aspects of the site for our subscribers. Many business's do the same. It's not possible to be matched with the same person more than once so we'd like to take a look at the match. Regarding the Compatibility %. The questions are how much you agree or disagree with the statement. In this case it's "religion is important". If you both chose "not" then you'd be compatible.

Original review: April 5, 2019

eHarmony has subscriptions but you cannot even try it out. The shortest subscription is 6 months. If you do not like it you cannot get your money back. You are stuck. The matches and people are not better quality than free apps. I understand men on free apps get a lot of fake profiles but if you get good at avoiding them then paying for online dating really is pointless. Dating is expensive enough. Anyway, when a service won't allow you to be refunded in my opinion they are thieves. I am ready to be done after less than a month but I am stuck for 5 months paying a lot of money for nothing. DO NOT BOTHER with this website!

Original review: April 2, 2019

The existence of eHarmony is a conundrum. Since their advertisements were proven misleading and false, and their algorithm junk science, what is the point of paying for a service of which there is no proof actually works? You don't even need to answer their questionnaire anymore or go through their ‘system’ of responses to interact with people on the website. And then you pay money to allow a company which has been under fire for making misleading claims to choose who you get to send messages to? None of it makes sense from a customer perspective. You’re definitely better off going elsewhere with your money.

On top of that they will also close your account for no sane reason, just because they can, without telling you why. So you pay for a year's sub and only get a few months worth. Yeah, that seems like a great way to show appreciation to your customers!! Why do they do it? Who knows. Someone high up the ladder thinks trimming the “fat” (I’m not fat, I’m using this as an expression) will improve the quality of their matches but fails to realize the whole existence of eHarmony is the fat itself. Just close up shop at this point. You aren’t competitive, your ‘algorithm’ has been proven to be junk science, and your practice of removing people from your site for “violating” terms and conditions is borderline fascist. Basically this website shouldn’t exist, not with all the other choices out there.

Note: Developer responded but they are just saving face. I already contacted their customer relations and they stood by their decision to remove me from their site, while keeping my money and not telling me why. Meanwhile I’m flourishing on other dating sites. Nice way to run a business! Monkeys could make better decisions running this fraud of a dating site!

Original review: April 1, 2019

In the first month it's ok because there are a few matches that look ok and will talk to you but that runs out rapidly. I took a 6 month plan with 3 $50 payments. You can get rejected a lot cheaper on other websites. There is nothing special about this website to be worth 3 time the expense.

Original review: March 29, 2019

Unfortunately, there seem to be a lot of fake profiles. Plus, Customer care is almost non-existent: it is impossible to contact them directly but the range of FAQs is limited. It feels like my experience on this website was a waste of money and time.

eHarmony response

Dear Marina, thank you for your feedback and your concerns about fake profiles. We do actually have a team in place who reviews accounts proactively, but we do not conduct background checks. We'd love the chance to discuss your concerns in more detail. Please email us from the email on your account. Also please note that on the FAQ pages, there are links to reach us via chat and email which are available nearly 24/7 depending on the locale.

Original review: March 29, 2019

I signed up for a 3 month contract and was charged 176.00. Before the 3 months was up I choose not to renew but EH charged me again. I called customer service but they would not issue a refund so I am out another $176.00. I set the match parameters within 100 miles and they sent me matches from across the country and even Canada. When I called customer service they were of no help and honestly they do not care if you leave. They are all about your money and cannot deliver what they promise. Never again will I use EH.

Original review: March 26, 2019

This is the worst company ever. You call in for customer service and they cannot provide that. Cody ** in customer said he is the only guy that could help me saying he was the CEO. This company matches you with people who you would never date. I’m pretty sure the CEO doesn’t work in customer service. I would hope he would never treat anyone the way this Cody guy treated me. False advertisement.

Original review: March 25, 2019

I was a member for quite a while until I could not access my profile. I contacted their Customer Non Service (Thanks Clark **!) Dept and was given the runaround. They could not solve my access problem and kept telling me it was working fine. They then told me to change browsers, delete cookies, change emails, etc. Being that eHarmony was the only site giving me trouble, out of dozens that I access, changing browsers just because of them was a ridiculous idea. I did try a couple of others with the same results. I finally had enough and cancelled my membership with one of their online C(N)SRs. As I said before, it's a great concept and I met some very nice women on the site. Just don't get involved with their pathetic Customer (Non) Service Dept!

Original review: March 24, 2019

After I complained about eHarmony thru bbb.org because their unfair treatment to me, they told me to upload more photos and redo my profiles to get more matches and I tried my best to make my profiles better but then they gave me all dead and fake profiles created by themselves. I joined this club for more than 2 years but I most of matches gave no response and some of my matches gave me temporary response and when I asked for their WhatsApp phone no. they stopped replying to me because I think eHarmony don't have more phone numbers to give out as fake WhatsApp numbers with permanent fake WhatsApp profile photos.

When you really talk to them on WhatsApp, they told me they were afraid to talk to me on WhatsApp and showed me a video of the fake profiles with no actual responses from them. It is like talking to actors on WhatsApp and I saw someone instructing him (** man) what to do during the video call as he is hesitated but he didn't respond to what I asked him to. His voice on a phone call is a ** man & the voice on the video call is a ** man's voice which is very very different. So don't waste your money to subscribe to eHarmony who is a real swindler. Actually there is no star for them for my rating!

Original review: March 21, 2019

Don't waste your time or money! I've read the reviews and based on my own experience, all are true. All my matches were WAY out of my radius preference. Tried another site and found a lot of matches that live close to where I'm located. No, eHamony, I do not wish to change my distance preference!!! Step up and find more matches that fit MY preferences! Thank you for nothing and have a great day~ 03/2019.

Original review: March 21, 2019

I subscribed for 3 months & I closed my account after one month. I received multiple messages from fake profiles with the same message. They all say they are taken but have a friend who saw my profile who wants to communicate with me outside of eHarmony through my personal email. I closed my account & requested a refund which was denied & I get to pay for 2 more months. Be sure to turn off the auto renew feature.

Original review: March 18, 2019

Signed up for a year outright, matches were horrible and very sporadic. I pretty much forgot about my account until all the sudden they hit up my credit card for another 3 months worth of charges. SURPRISE! They will auto renew on you with ZERO warning or reminders. I immediately canceled my account, but they REFUSE to refund the money stating that it's "against policy." It had literally been 2 days since the charge had gone through. They act like they are doing you a favor by canceling your account for you, but they're going to keep your money leaving you with a charge and no access to the service you were just charged for! They hide behind the fine print of some BS policy to steal from their customers! I HATE a thief! They are a COMPLETE TRASH OF A COMPANY! RUN, keep your $$$ far far away from these crooks.

Original review: March 13, 2019

I signed up for 6 months as I have a friend who met her husband on this site. I had absolutely NO communication with anyone in the first 6 months. I basically forgot about my account because it was a snoozefest...until my credit card got charged for another 6 months! I take full responsibility for that because I did not cancel in time. OK, so I give it another try. I've been on 1 date in almost a year. The guy said he was a good Christian, family man, etc. Turns out he cruises Kinky Websites for dates and attends Kinky parties. Um...yeah, that is NOT what I am looking for! So, I recently started up a conversation with a somewhat normal guy. We've been chatting fine. Until recently. My messages are not getting to him but I am getting messages from him. So frustrating! I sent a message to the HELP desk. We shall see if they get back to me. DON'T WASTE YOUR $$$!!!

Dear Kristy,

Thank you for your feedback and we are sorry to hear you have not been happy with your experience on the site. We'd be happy to see what we can do to help improve it as well as look into the issue you're having with messaging. Please email us from the email address associated with your account. Please also include the name, age and city of the match with whom you're having difficulty messaging.

eharmony expert review by Mark Brooks

eHarmony is the largest dating site geared specifically towards long-term relationships and marriage minded singles. They claim to be responsible for over 500 new marriages every day in the US.

• In-depth entry questionnaire: eHarmony asks all of its members a little more than 300 multiple choice questions before allowing them to enter into their ranks. This in-depth questionnaire is geared at giving the site enough information to help provide you with qualified potential matches.

• No Searching: In sharp contrast to other dating sites, eHarmony does not allow members to search directly for matches. Instead, it uses the answers from the questionnaire to provide you with a selection of daily matches that should be compatible with your needs and desires in a partner.

• Guided Communication: Instead of sending off an email or wink like you would do on most sites, eHarmony takes members through 4 steps of guided communication before allowing you to continue with open communication with a new match. The guided communication is designed to help assure compatibility and that you don't waste energy on bad matches.

• Best for: People looking for long-term relationships and marriage.

Profile picture of Mark Brooks
Mark Brooks Online Dating & Matchmaking Contributing Editor

Harvard Business School graduate, Mark Brooks, has been an expert in the Internet dating business since 1998. He is currently the CEO of Courtland Brooks, a consultancy agency for the Internet dating industry, and runs OnlinePersonalsWatch.com. He prides himself on being a New Media Futurist and can be reached at LinkedIn.

eHarmony Company Information