eHarmony

• 2 stars14
    • 1 stars257
      93%

Compare Online Dating Websites & Services

Research top Online Dating Websites & Services recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

14487people found this page helpful

Record a review about your experience with eHarmony:

Login to record a Video Review

Consumer Complaints & Reviews

Read all the other reviews on this site about eHarmony. I have the same suspicions about the actual active community of eHarmony. It seems that there is a lack of people who actually use the eHarmony website actively, as a result, eHarmony saves every profile that has ever been created, even if that profile has been discontinued by the user, and they advertise it as a match to the active users. I would say it is an ingenious solution to the BIG problem which is the lack of active users who are actively using the site to connect with people. Unfortunately, this is a dishonest business practice.

My experience: I set up my profile, posted numerous pictures, did a decent job of creating a truthful profile about myself which I could look at and agree with. Then I began receiving matches which was exciting but I was suspicious from the beginning so I put my distance settings to the max and started sending smiles to every match they threw my way which ended up being over 50 people. I waited for 2 days and received no response of any sort, not one bit of "update" activity, and not even a smile back. I started noticing the broken programming of the website. Little things like the matches tab number being incorrect, the blandness and inaccuracy of their profile creator, like when I was editing my profile and I specified what my religious beliefs where I selected the option that said spiritual but not religious in the editor but after saving and looking in my profile it stated "(Unknown option)."

Also random inconsistencies, when selecting the move match to hidden button the match would remain in the main matches section and wouldn't actually move to the hidden section until I signed out and signed back in, the list of the programming glitches goes on but the point is that I began to question the integrity of the company due to the blatant poor quality of the functions of the website and then began to wonder if there would be similar glitches when I actually tried to communicate with someone through it. I started thinking about it more so I googled eHarmony reviews which I realized I should have done before signing up for the service in the first place.

When I discovered that there were thousands of reviews which all stated the same thing I became disappointed. So I immediately went on my profile, went to settings, then selected the tab that says account settings, then selected the tab that says cancel my account, then called the number provided. I spoke to a woman. The woman contradicted herself a few times during the conversation but overall I think she was just trying her hardest to somewhat trick me into continuing my payments. Here is how the conversation went, I told her I would no longer like to subscribe to the service as it was not working for me and that I would like to opt out of the installment plan. She started telling me a bunch of statistical facts about the website.

I did not interrupt her and when she was finished informing me of the statistical facts I again stated that I no longer want to subscribe as the services were not working for me and I would like to opt out of the installment plan. She began to ask me why and I continued to say that it simply wasn't working for me. She then stated she could take off one of the 3 scheduled payments of the installment plan. I then told her that I have already paid my first installment and I would like to opt out the installment plan entirely as I will not be using the service anymore. She again began to ask why and started explaining other installment options.

I let her finish and I had enough of the runaround at this point so I stated that I respected her as a person, I understood that she was just an employee of this company and that I respected that she has a job to do, I also stated that she was doing a good job but I was done with beating around the bush and I wanted to get straight to the point. I told her that she already knew what I wanted and repeated again that I no longer want to use the service and that I wanted to opt out of the installment plan and get a refund for the first installment that I already paid and disable my profile. After stating what I wanted, I asked her what she could do for me. She then understood and got straight to the point. She refunded my money and canceled my account. I used PayPal to pay for this service, the eHarmony representative stated there would be no further charges from my account and it would take 7 to 10 days for the money to be refunded.

I thanked her for her time and effort and told her to have a wonderful rest of her day and hung up. I then went on my PayPal account and found that the refund was already pending in my account. This was a surprise to me as many recent reviews on here state that they had a terrible time trying to get a refund and were actually charged extra money that they did not knowingly authorize to be charged. Maybe I got lucky because I was able to cancel within 3 days of opening the account or the particular rep I talked to was actually a good person and took it upon herself to do her job with good morals or a combination of both.

In any case I am relieved I got my refund and I am glad that I can write this review to tell you that eHarmony is a crap shoot or better yet a lottery. The odds are not in your favor in the first place due to the lack of an active community of users and past that the site is saturated with scammers, catfishers and canceled, unused accounts that are left active on the site as a mirage. Good luck.

I have seriously thought about joining eHarmony for quite awhile now. I decided to read some of the reviews, and I've got to say thank you. The amount of money that I read about in just a few of the reviews that eHarmony has ILLEGALLY charged you for is literally a crime. Can you imagine how much they are SCAMMING from EVERYONE who has joined, but have not spoke up? NO WONDER Doc always has a big smile on his face. He's making it FAST, and hopes IT WILL LAST FOREVER!! Well don't let it!! I see a class action lawsuit here. Don't let your dreams of happiness and companionship benefit him. Wipe that smile off of his face...FAST AND FOREVER. No one has the right to SCAM anyone for their money or their dreams. Thank you for enlightening me. My best to all of you.

I signed up to eHarmony in the UK in early June 2016 and, after a few days, I began receiving matches. Some I liked and decided to message through the emailing system within the site. I did not receive any replies, but it was early days and I did not expect anything to happen immediately. After a few weeks of emailing matches, one woman did attempt to reply, but I was unable to open her email due to "technical issues" according to the help center. When the issue was finally resolved, I found that the lady in question had "moved on" according to the eHarmony message next to her profile, and the email had disappeared.

I decided to dig a little deeper into the eHarmony matching process and found a blog on their site indicating that many of "matches" may not be fully paid-up members and, consequently, are unable to communicate with members that have paid their subscription. This information is contained on the link and makes for very interesting reading. In fact, I am surprised eHarmony have allowed it to be posted as it gives real insight into what appears to be a cynical, money-grabbing organisation.

Unfortunately, I am locked into an installment system whereby I have to pay for one year's subscription. However, having learned how eHarmony operate, I would urge anyone considering joining them to think carefully about whether a dating website that matches you with people you are unable to communicate with is worth spending money on. Personally, I have accepted my financial loss as simply the result of my own stupidity and also "moved on".

E-Harmony; I think has a person do far too much writing with no dates. I do not think there are enough members in my area. I also think these people are too picky, too busy to date or these are not real people at all. Maybe these people are made up or the women that work for the company husbands and their friends laughing that so many women are alone on their Friday nights while getting our hopes up then canceling to meet up for a live date. I stopped dating sites. They just feed off of people's emotions and money.

I live in an area where there are tons of married, living together couples or people that are either too young or too old. I like five years younger or five years older. I do not want to go on a date and someones says "Is that your son" or "Is that your grandfather". I just want to be viewed as a normal couple. If I meet someone great. If not, then I am meant to be single for a reason, because there are better things to come off my life beside finding a boyfriend.

It's 1 am... writing this review after spending an entire day creating a profile on this eHarmony website, and finally getting guts to pull out my credit card and pay for a decent account to start some activity. And before going to bed, looking how to cancel my account. Two reasons I paid today: 1) because you're not offered any decent services with the free version and 2) before midnight of the 3rd business day I can cancel and get a refund. So after filling in all the information, building my profile and getting excited, hoping to meet interesting people and hopefully a partner, and setting a range of 200Km (should come with special offers on plane tickets) I get 4 matches... not all even in the age range I specified. As one reviewer said it... a ghost town.

The first thing that happens is you get sales agents trying to market their product/service. Unfortunately, they don't even know what they're selling. I asked so many questions and they just couldn't answer. They're just hired to make you get your credit card out. And plans offered, the way the packages are set up is to make you go for the "best" option which is of the same price than all other useless packages. Never buy something if the sales agents themselves don't know about it and don't have enough information.

Tomorrow morning I'm calling to cancel and try to get a refund since it hasn't been 3 business days from my first payment. They don't even offer this as an online option - you have to call. "You may cancel your subscription purchase at any time prior to midnight of the third business day following the date of purchase to receive a full refund. The easiest way to have your subscription refunded is to give us a call at 844-544-3179 (US & CA Residents Only)."

The next thing I'm doing is canceling my credit card and issuing a new one because what I read in other reviews is that people are still getting charged even after canceling. Stay away from this BS. Free apps on your phone are more interesting, fun and useful (and will stick with geographic specs you set... not a plane, train or automobile trip away).

How do I know I can trust these reviews about eHarmony.com?

I saw an ad promising free communication all weekend of the 4th of July so I filled out the profile, but was not able to log in or see anyone or communicate with anyone. That is just plain false advertising. That is illegal.

I choose to cancel my eHarmony within the 14-day legal limit. I paid for my subscription through Paypal who were very good in cancelling my standing order arrangement and then requesting from eHarmony for a refund. I also sent a recorded written letter of confirmation to the address stated in the Terms and condition. I also emailed them usersupport@eharmony.co.uk. So there are ways that you can cancel your subscription.

I canceled this in April for poor service. I met someone NOT from their site. Screen printed the cancellation and my card was still charged. When calling their call center they are like robots, stating they don't have a management team. It is a shame that the education level that is handle by their call center. Very poor customer service.

I am separated woman and tried to use eHarmony dating site for meeting and dating but in first step it asked about my marriage status which is reasonable and it has several options, single, divorced, separated. I answered separated and immediately it kicked me out by sending this message: "unfortunately you are not single and can't use this dating site"!!! I want to know what is definition of single in Canada? If someone is separated for years doesn't consider single or she doesn't have right to date and get in relationship??? Why most of dating sites has this limit and who is going to monitor and control them and let them know in North America separated consider as single. Thanks for your help!

On day two of being an eHarmony member, I was contacted by a scammer. Day three contacted by a scammer. Both incidents reported to eHarmony. I told them I wanted my subscription canceled. I had only made one payment and I'm three days into this. A week later, another scammer writes me. I reported it and demanded they cancel my subscription. They sent me a canned message about online safety. I then kept writing them and threatened them with filing complaints, which I'm doing now. I also plan to contact my State's Attorney General. eHarmony doesn't deliver anything close to what it advertises. I set my settings to not send me matches more than 30 miles from me and they sent me matches from California, Florida, New York and Georgia. I expressed my discontent and now they are threatening me. Very bad online dating site.

A couple of things, if eHarmony is so successful why do they make you sign up for 3, 6 or 12 months??? They are supposed to be so good they find your match? Why need 12 months and why not allow you to drop out if you find your match and auto subscription should stop. I tried to end my subscription and it would not allow me to cancel my subscription while I still had time left on my account. I finally was able but I didn't trust them. So I changed my credit card details in my account and put in an old expired card number. When my subscription ended and I was under the impression I had cancelled they tried to take more money and renew my cancelled subscription through the auto renewal. I got all these messages that I had a credit card error even though they gave me the impression I had cancelled.

So in the end I beat them only because I changed my credit card details to a card that didn't work otherwise they would have illegally taken another subscription. This needs to be stopped. So anyone reading this who wants to cancel their subscription just change your credit card details to a card that has expired or is not active and beat them at their own game. The way they refuse to cancel your subscription and then illegally take money or attempt to take money after you cancel is not right. I live in Australia. If their office was over here I would pay them a site visit and "fix" them.

I too have just been ripped off by eHarmony. Please message me under this link. With so many complaints I am considering taking legal action. Thank you. I find it humorous that they think it's okay to still charge someone after no binding contract. Their representative clearly told me on January 15, 2016 that I would not be charged herein and I was. This is fraudulent and is a federal offense. I am also complaining to the BBB for both U.S.A. and Canada. Power works with numbers so I would really appreciate your help with giving me some emails and numbers with amounts that you were ripped off. They have tried to email me their clause of being able to change their subscriptions which is fine, but if one cancels and you have consented you are legally not allowed to continue to take their money. It's against the law.

I signed up for a three month trial - and was billed for a single month for nearly as much as the three month trial! Was told I would not be able to be refunded - this is ridiculous.

I have tried to cancel my subscription twice now and end up getting charged for another 6 months and they will not refund my money. As for the dating service, in my year on the site I have been on one date and it was not good. The matches I have been sent don't interest me at all. I have updated my profile trying for different matches and it's the same pool of awful. The few guys I've chatted with never asked me to meet and then disappeared. I have been on other dating sites, and this is by far the worst when it comes to what they say you are paying for vs what you are getting. It's by far the most expensive and I have had, the least return for the money put it. I have had more luck on awful free sites than eHarmony. What they say they provide is a lie.

EHarmony runs all types of promotions showing introductory rates for their services. However it is not known until after a contract is signed that it is shown not to be an introductory rate but a one year commitment. I contacted them directly to cancel my subscription and was told I would be unable to because I owed money. Beware of using this scam. They are dishonest and make no effort to help consumers.

EHarmony says they have a "free" sign up over the weekend until July 5. I followed all their specified requirements but until you PAY there is no contact with any other members. Pictures are secured... there is no back and forth. It is misleading and if this is how eHarmony works I'm SO GLAD I didn't give them a penny of my money. SHAME ON YOU EHARMONY!!!

Eharmony is really the most dishonest website out there. And that's saying a lot cuz there's a WHOLE lot of utterly horrific dating sites. I got duped for 6 months and ended up going on virtually 1 date. Don't be fooled at all by the money and time spent to fill out the LONG initiation. Do yourself a favour and find someone the old fashioned way. As hard as that may be!

After numerous attempts to cancel my subscription, including speaking with representatives from eHarmony, they have continued to deduct monthly fees from my account. I have contacted my bank to stop the payments. This appears to be a common experience with eHarmony. They should be ashamed of their dishonest treatment of customers. They are stealing, misleading, then cheating unsuspecting consumers. In my case, they raised the monthly fee and have continued to deduct it four months after I requested to close the subscription.

I registered with the online dating site Eharmony on the 26th March. I paid for a 3-month subscription. About a month into my subscription I unsubscribed as I wasn't very happy with the matches being sent and didn't want to forget and then get charged for another 3 months. I have just been charged again for another 3 months. I have unsubscribed again.

I joined eHarmony through a free month link. When I was joining I was required to enter my credit card information in order to go into my account and I did. I was charged ($23.90). I called almost a month into having the account to cancel it because I don't like the website. When I called to cancel as most companies do, they question why? She kept asking why and why and why. I said I don't want it and I want to cancel it. She then told me I wasn't allow to cancel my account for the next two months and that they still were going to charge me. And rudely! They didn't allow me to cancel and they're going to charge me two more times.

Unprofessional and distasteful. Manager's name: Katherine ID# **.

I have been a member since April 2016. I am a 39 year old pretty handsome looking guy in shape. I am humble and grateful. I work hard and live alone. They have given me about a 1000 matches. So far out of those 1000 245 have been really fat. The number might be even higher possibly 4 to 500 that are huge. Then there are out of every 5 new matches 3 out of 5 of the women are from NYC and I live further down South - hours and hours away. I would say about 120 women are scammers or fake profiles. I complained to them and they gave me an extra month. Did it help? No. I met a crazy chick who is nice looking from Richmond. I had to cut her off because she was straight arrogant and just nuts. Looks don't mean that much to deal with a childish woman who is too old to act like a teenager. Just sad you can't find decent women online. These sites just want money not give you good service.

Eharmony what a scam. $161.87 deducted from my Paypal account. It's clearly evident when you subscribe for whatever period being 3 month or 6 months that is all you're signing up for. Though they seem to have this ** buyer's agreement where an auto renewal payment system is set up and it's not clearly shown on the screen when you subscribe.

I tried to make contact with them here in Australia and the numbers invalid. 1800 707 894. I miraculously ended up finding the number on a complaint forum and made contact with them and they said to forward my complaint to customer care which is in Mauritius or the USA. Eharmony have a registered business here in Australia ABN 35143539655 and yet they refer you to an overseas email address, what a joke. I advise everyone to touch base with their departments of consumer affairs and open a case within their local state, to reverse this ** scam.

Scam service: POORLY WRITTEN APPLICATION, NO REAL COMPATIBILITY MATCHING, NO VERIFIED MATCHES, POOR QUALITY MATCHES, SCAM MATCHES. Auto-bill takes money and does not provide advertised service. Save your money!!! I have 20 years in software development field specifically application/mobile application design. eHarmony's interface (application) does NOT warn its users of hidden costs/fees associated with "View if match read your email." It offers this option in the application and once you click once on it, you are billed another $8.99 for this option without notice/warning of a charge. Luckily, I used my PayPal to set this up and PayPal is awesome to get my money back.

You are not given the option to use the application or see any matches until you sign up and make payment(s). You are automatically put on auto-renew billing with no option to cancel auto-renew or a very tricky complicated time frame/process to do this. I've been on eHarmony for the last few months and have not had ONE legitimately verified match. I live in the Dallas, Texas area so I do get about 5 "matches" a day. I am attractive, very educated, and in my 40's but all these "matches" are NOT within my specifications of my profile and most much older than me -- just a bunch of guys that did not pay for memberships and therefore cannot respond to your eH emails. Most (if given the free communication weekend) will let you know they do not have a membership and cannot respond through eH, and want your contact info to contact outside the application.

The application is also very poorly written and not very user-friendly. If you try and block matches that you do not like or do not want to see anymore, those matches do not get removed from all the different screens/parts of the application so you have to try and sift through all the people. If you try to talk to eHarmony Support or Help group, there are no phone numbers or emails listed in the application and it will require a Google search and some time researching to find a phone number/contact for eHarmony. They will not respond to emails or answer their calls. This service is a SCAM and its only interest is to steal your money and not give any good quality, verified, matches.

Save your money. Go elsewhere. My advice to anyone already figuring this out the hard way (like me): Cancel your auto-renew or auto-bill through your banking/PayPal side. If you expect it to work through the eHarmony side, it won't and then they will continue to take your money without permission and will not give it back!

eHarmony tauts itself as the highbrow dating site but when it comes to sales and billing, they are as unscrupulous and any. If you are over 50 and want to enroll in an online dating program, I strongly suggest you consider "Our Time" over eHarmony. My experience: I was new to online dating. I was recently widowed and divorced within a few short years and I thought I would find a more age related, refined partner on eHarmony than on Match.com. I followed the Chat Help when enrolling and was directed to enroll for one year, the most expensive program, then told after discovering what I had enrolled in, that I couldn't undo it until after 3 days.

When I contacted eHarmony to modify my enrollment to just 90 days, I was told the 3 days to rescind had passed and there was nothing they were willing to do to accommodate me. Three days to rescind! Chat Help told me just the opposite, saying I had to WAIT 3 days for the payment to process before I could ask to modify my enrollment!!! Chat Help employees are obvious commissioned sales staff. Even after explaining my situation, customer service refused to investigate my claim or refund me the $254 I requested. Now, after two payments have been taken from my credit card, I will have to close the credit card account to prevent a 3rd payment because eHarmony refuses to cancel my account until all payments are made.

At least at "Our Time", the enrollment process is simple and allows you to modify your account according to your needs, and unlike eHarmony, does not use deception to get the maximum enrollment or renewals. eHarmony still refuses to take responsibility for what their chat advisers say - always referring to the fine print contract on cancellation. Therefore, they are not only encouraging deception, but embrace it. Neil Clark Warren, CEO of eHarmony and a Christian theologian, does not practice what he preaches. Instead, he is a money grubber, the type Jesus drove from the Temple of Jerusalem.

I signed up for eHarmony based on the commercials. They state you can really drill down and find someone you are compatible with. You can't. The questions are simple, religious? smoking? have kids? activities. Let's say you really want to meet a retired person with no children, married only never or once before... can't do it. The people on the site do not respond even to smiles. Don't sign up for this expensive meeting group that no one really meets.

I had a plan for two years with eHarmony.com. During this time I got matches who are scammers. How do I know? They gave phone numbers and email addresses right away when they could write in the empty field. When I wanted to communicate inside eHarmony, they disappeared. A few days ago, I traveled from the USA to Europe. I checked my account few times.

After my activity overseas, I got a message with the request to change a password. I did. The second day I got the message to my email box from Risk Management team that my account is closed. I violated Terms. No details, no explanation. I wrote a message to the eHarmony support team. Quiet. I think that I made the mistake because I did not read feedback about this company at various websites. I think that it is a robbery in the middle of the day. The eHarmony has all pictures of me and money. They can lure other customers with ghost accounts and pretend that they are the honest company.

After spending the past hour trying to figure how to cancel eHarmony - STAT - for all the same reasons aforementioned on this thread, I find myself spending more precious time about it. It's worth it to let all of you reading this know that it's a done deal as far as the communicating e-dating. It hasn't been pleasurable paying 77 a month for the past six months either especially because I had zero communication with anyone. The delete/cancel results that come up show a "cancel" line under billing. That line is not present on my screen. I clicked all over just in case it was the same color as the background. I use Safari & Chrome - that wasn't the answer. Next move is to call. Folks at eHarmony, close it down. Be grateful for the dineros you made and retire. Truth is where it's at.

Cancelled eHarmony account but a renewal charge still hit my account. They refuse to refund the renewal amount. eHarmony charged my account three installments of another year of service for the amount of $59.80. I never agreed to this installment. There is also no dashboard interface to set your automatic renewal nor to cancel the subscription. They refuse to refund and cancel my subscription. I've made no progress with their client success nor their corporate office.

My daughter signed me up for six months. I'll try to make this short, impossible. I put 120 mile distance at first. I was matched with people anywhere from 400 miles to 600 miles away and further. So, I told them I want 60 miles distance. I was still matched with people from that distance. There might have been out of 100 matches, three that were near my area. When I first started I got about 3 scammers. Eharmony said they took them off. Within the last 3 months I had about 4 different emails that said so and so is interested in communicating. The next email was eHarmony saying that my account was compromised. Are you kidding? Four. They took them off. Come on, something is not right. It goes on and on.

When I went to send some questions, to a couple of people, they didn't go through. Cannot reach anybody by phone at all. I finally got someone on chat and they said they really were not familiar with the system and gave me a number that didn't work. Unbelievable. They might have a few success stories, so it makes it legal to put these b.s. commercials on. Also, if people are matched with people near them, it might work. I was on eharmony about 7 years ago for three months and it wasn't as bad.

I really think eharmony should pull their b.s. commercials. I went on OurTime for one month just to see as a special offer. I am attractive and I did have more than 30 people a day flirting and contacting me. Of course not everybody was legit, but eharmony is like ghost town. I am not on OurTime and they didn't take my profile down. I get about 20 emails and flirts a day. I called them and they said they are allowed to keep up your profile. It is in the contract. That has to be illegal. It is disgusting what these sites are doing. I will contact them again. That is not legal. They have to take off your profile if you are no longer a member. It is not right for the people that are paying for their site. They think I am not interested. I am not like that. I always give a one line answer, even if I'm not.

My daughter meant well. My brother met some nice woman on eharmony, but it is definitely for men as far as I can see. She thought it would be good. It is very hard to meet decent people out there, so she said to give it a try. Horrible. First of all, these people are so so far. I am sure they don't want to travel that far for a date. Come on. I think some are not real. They keep up their profiles. I knew somebody that stayed on eharmony for two years and never met anyone. Very attractive. So, it has nothing to do with looks. But it is the same when you go out. What is the first thing you notice. Of course looks. That first initial attraction. It is human nature. So, until you meet and talk in person, there has to be some sort of chemistry and that is hard to find no matter how good looking you are. You need that physical and mental chemistry.

I also think some men are intimidated by attractive woman. They think they would not be interested in them. Like anything else, some people will have luck with these sites. I am not one to write to people, and especially 1000 miles away. So, final analysis, I think they are terrible... for me. I think some people luck out with these silly sites and you have the other ones like me. Shame on eharmony. You cannot tell people not to waste their time and money, because people want to give things a try, but good luck. I know there are many complaints about them, but I guess they have enough people that say their site is good, so they are allowed to stay in business with their b.s. tactics. I have to make sure in a few weeks that they don't auto renew. I don't trust them. I put "do not auto renew", but I have heard stories about that where they renew anyway.

Updated on 06/27/2016: My auto-renewal was due on June 25th, 2016. A few days prior, I went into the account settings. I went into cancel subscription. I followed the prompts that were given to me. I hit cancel subscription about three times after they kept popping up and saying are you sure you want to cancel, etc... I finally got to the final stage and hit do not auto renew, which was shown on the screen... I got a message saying: "And just like that." We turned off your auto-renewal. Your membership will end on June 25, 2016 and you will lose access to all your subscriber benefits. If you change your mind, you can restart your membership in the billing section of your account settings. Okay, so, I took a picture of this in my phone because I have heard nightmare stories about this company. I sent my daughter the picture of what they said and I told her to contact her bank and make sure they do not charge her.

Well, she was leaving to go out of the country the next day and there was no time. I guess she trusted that the received message from them was proof that it was cancelled. She cannot be reached for about 10 days and has no idea that money was taken out of her account illegally. I do not have access to her account so I do not know what eHarmony actually took out. The original subscription for the six months was for 146.00. I went into eHarmony to make sure that I was taken off their site on June 26th because they said my membership expired with them at 11:59 pacific time on June 25th. I could not believe when I saw that I was still on their site active and getting emails to be matched. I went into account settings for billing and I saw they auto-renewed me another six months. Eharmony charged her account for another six months. It states I am renewed until December 2016. This is so so so illegal.

They were not there today and I will be calling them first thing in the morning. I have heard they do not refund money. They have to. That is totally illegal to tell someone they turned off their auto-renewal and then charge them. That is 100% what I call stealing. No different than robbing somebody on the streets. I have the picture in my phone of what they said as explained above. How could they not refund the money... There has to be a way to put an end to this. Something has to be done. They need to be investigated, definitely investigated. Too many people are complaining about this. I do not understand with all the complaints that nothing is being done about them auto-renewing after people say they cancelled and eHarmony does not refund their money. How could they be allowed to get away with this.

I have seen a multitude of complaints about this matter. This needs to be looked into by a federal investigative agency if this is in actuality really going on and people are not getting their money back, as I have read from many complaints. I trust they will have to do the right thing and no other way. This is not acceptable.

Auto-renewal?? That is a bloody scam!! They don't warn you and apparently the 14-day cancellation grace period doesn't apply. After a year of their useless service, they try to automatically set me up again. And their customer service person said I should be patient. Patient?? After a year of no date and over £100 spent?? Stay away!!

Expert Review

Mark BrooksOnline Dating & Matchmaking Contributing Editor

Harvard Business School graduate, Mark Brooks, has been an expert in the Internet dating business since 1998. He is currently the CEO of Courtland Brooks, a consultancy agency for the Internet dating industry, and runs OnlinePersonalsWatch.com. He prides himself on being a New Media Futurist and can be reached at LinkedIn.    More about Mark→

eHarmony is the largest dating site geared specifically towards long-term relationships and marriage minded singles. They claim to be responsible for over 500 new marriages every day in the US.

• In-depth entry questionnaire: eHarmony asks all of its members a little more than 300 multiple choice questions before allowing them to enter into their ranks. This in-depth questionnaire is geared at giving the site enough information to help provide you with qualified potential matches.
  • No Searching: In sharp contrast to other dating sites, eHarmony does not allow members to search directly for matches. Instead, it uses the answers from the questionnaire to provide you with a selection of daily matches that should be compatible with your needs and desires in a partner.
  • Guided Communication: Instead of sending off an email or wink like you would do on most sites, eHarmony takes members through 4 steps of guided communication before allowing you to continue with open communication with a new match. The guided communication is designed to help assure compatibility and that you don't waste energy on bad matches.
  • Best for People looking for long-term relationships and marriage.

Compare Online Dating Websites & Services