Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.10/5

Cupid.com Reviews

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

I canceled my subscription to Cupid.com over the phone and the representative explained they would not refund my money, and talked to me like I was ignorant. Then he tries to talk me into a free three month subscription to the site, all the while telling them I did not even want the subscription and wanted my money back. So not only did they keep my money they tried to pull money out today that was never authorized and had to shut down my card from my bank account!! These people are scammers and fraudulent. Not only is it full of profiles that you can tell are fake, but their website makes it so hard to navigate to delete your profile! Thumbs down all the way!!!

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

Don’t bother going to this dating website. It is comprised of nothing but scammers and the company practices deceptive practices. I took out a 3-day subscription to check emails and messages. My bank notified me when the company made an attempt to take out more than I had authorized and shut down my credit card. The company does not allow you to cancel billing online. You have to call them. You end up talking to a customer service rep who has a language barrier. The next thing when you tell them you are not interested in their services they try to give you a 15-minute sales pitch in which you have to lose your temper informing them you are not interested.

Shortly after you hang up from them, you start receiving phone calls from countries other than the US. Luckily my phone blocks all calls unfamiliar to me. Now let’s get to the perspective “dates”. Out of country Scammers who cannot put three words together to complete a decent sentence. Individuals who make an attempt to lure you outside of the website to communicate with you. They immediately insist on you sending them more pictures of you. I’ve come to the conclusion that they want pictures of you to create fake profiles to lure other people.

The scammers provide you with a telephone number that does not match the geographical location that they list on their profiles. These scammers have an abundance of tricks when trying to lure innocent people and if you’re not careful and observant you can get caught up in it. Lucky for me, my employment taught me very well on what and what is not real and genuine. I don’t understand why this company along with other dating sites are not investigated for their deceptive practices.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

I wanted the 3 day trial and they ended up taking that charge and another for 30.00. When you call for assistance, you get nowhere. I wish I had read these reviews before I got involved. Now I have to go through my bank to ensure they don't have access to my account. Lesson learned but what a big mistake. Buyer beware.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

From the second I first created my account, I started getting messages from members with random characters. They don't even bother to try to make some semblance of a real name. If they do happen to have a picture in their profile, you can right click it and search for the image on Google. This almost always results in being some super model's images, and not the person in the profile. These people like and message you constantly, especially if they see you are online on the site. Then they ask you to leave the site to chat some other way, or you can give them your personal email... (don't do this, there's no way to track them once you leave the site). There were 5 people located within 50 miles of me... and I'm in a decent sized city. To top it all off, when you cancel your billing, it gives you your user ID, and tells you to call a phone number!!! This whole site is nothing but a scam.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2018

90% Scam Profiles - I signed up with the BBW plus size site and what I found over the course of a month is that the majority of anyone contacting me was a scammer. Note to you: If they only have 1 picture posted and they have a Masters or Bachelors degree, don't bother. If they contact you and don't have correct spelling, punctuation, grammar - yet have a Masters or Bachelors degree, don't bother. Pay attn to details in their profile description and see if the picture matches - many times that will send up the red flag. Major waste of my $50. Now let's see how difficult it is to cancel. :(

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cupid.com?

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

I joined the site hoping to meet local people. But in a age of 45-60 I had pictures of women in their early twenties purporting to be 48 plus they lived in Ghana. I’d only been on the site one hour before I thought cancel. I could not get hold of anyone. The form you fill in for cancellation and refund does not send. Finally had a call back. No refund. Just offered two months free. I said, "I don’t want to go on the site." Leave well alone money robbers!!!

Original review: July 14, 2018

I am appalled that anyone could use a dating site to blatantly steal money from innocent people. The scammers pose as interested men but the idiot conversations via WhatsApp soon makes you think that these are bogus people posing as engineers and doctors. When I tried calling their numbers they never answered but called me briefly. The conversations were very suspect and they were always in a hurry posing always as half Italian but with awful accents! As I am no fool I feel upset and violated that I shared personal stories with these idiots. The police should be informed and TV consumer programmes alerted. It seems that they are targeting older women who think may have money. What disgusting human beings. They have made me feel exposed and an old fool.

Original review: June 24, 2018

I joined this service because I was playing around on the website and saw that I had received messages and there were numerous interests in my profile. I signed up for the three day $2.99 trial. This did not unlock the account so I could explore the website. I tried calling their customer service and was put on hold forever and then told to press one for a callback. So I requested the callback and started researching the website (which I should have done before giving my credit card number) and found this Consumer Affairs site. After reading how this is basically a rip off scam, I called my credit card company and asked how I can prevent this company from making additional charges to my card. What I had to do was cancel my card and have them send me a new one, which is way easier than having to deal with these thieves. Lesson learned, and I'm only out three dollars.

Original review: May 26, 2018

I signed up for one month to try Cupid.com. Easy enough. But a few hours later on the first day, I was online in the middle of messaging someone and was shut down and told I had been blocked! No reason given and their customer support is horrible. I get auto responses but no help AND I started getting emails from men who said they had met and seen me on dating sites. I had never heard of with UK.com. addresses!!! Very frustrating because I can’t even log back into Cupid.com to straighten this out - it directs me to a “sex in the UK” form! In addition I was automatically upgraded adding to the expense without my knowledge or consent charging me $31.96 instead of the $23.99 I agreed to.

Original review: May 24, 2018

This site makes it so difficult to leave, and having tried to do so within their complicated system several times, I FOUND I WAS STILL BEING BILLED! I was promised a refund, but then they changed their mind. Stay clear, not just because of the above, but most of the contacts seemed to be gold diggers... You have been warned.

Cupid.com Company Information