3.7/5 (158 ratings)
Find an Online Dating Sites partner
Banner image

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

About Christian Mingle

Christian Mingle is a dating website designed specifically for Christians looking for love. Christian Mingle has more than 15 million members and is one of the largest and most trusted Christian-specific dating websites. Similar to other dating sites, Christian Mingle helps match like-minded singles in the hopes of creating lifelong relationships. With an easy-to-use site and a large dating pool, finding love can be easier with Christian Mingle.

Pros

• Large dating pool
  • Focus on long-term relationships
  • Free trial
  • Like-minded singles

Cons

• Pricey premium membership
  • Limited free version

Bottom Line

For Christians looking for a lifelong partner, Christian Mingle is a great option. Although its premium membership is expensive, its dating pool of more than 15 million members offers plenty of opportunities for singles to find love.

Banner image

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

How does Christian Mingle work?

If you’re interested in signing up for Christian Mingle’s services, visit its website to sign up for a free trial using your email or Facebook profile. Christian Mingle then prompts you to fill out some information on your profile, including questions about your values, hobbies and favorite quotes.

Once your profile is complete, you can start viewing other eligible, compatible singles in your area. To help you on your journey to love, Christian Mingle sends you up to seven possible matches each day. With Christian Mingle’s free membership, you won’t be able to message potential suitors — be prepared to pay for a monthly membership if you find someone you’re interested in.

How much does Christian Mingle cost?

Setting up a profile with Christian Mingle is completely free, but the free service does not include the option to chat with other members. Once you find someone on Christian Mingle that you want to get to know better, you must upgrade to its premium membership, which is $49.99 per month.

Christian Mingle offers discounts on memberships if you purchase more than one month at a time. For three months, it is $39.99 per month, and for six months, it costs $24.99 per month.

Christian Mingle FAQ

How long does it take for Christian Mingle to approve a profile?

It typically takes between 24 and 48 hours for Christian Mingle to approve a profile. This is to ensure that there is no inappropriate content on the site.

Is Christian Mingle free?

You can set up a profile for free on Christian Mingle, but you must pay a monthly fee to chat with other singles.

What does the heart mean on Christian Mingle?

The heart is a “like” that can only be sent while using LookBook, an anonymous browsing option. If you like someone’s profile that has liked yours, you will automatically be matched to one another.

What does the orange plus sign mean on Christian Mingle?

The orange plus sign means that someone has a Messaging+ profile, which is a premium subscription option that lets users message anyone, even those on a free trial.

Is Christian Mingle good?

Christian Mingle is the largest dating website for Christians, and many reviewers say its focus on long-term relationships sets it apart.

What does the wink mean on Christian Mingle?

You can send winks to other members as a means of flirting or showing your interest. This is usually sent before a message to encourage the other to make the first move.

How much does it cost to be on Christian Mingle?

You can create an account for free, and premium membership starts at $49.99 per month.

Does Christian Mingle work?

Many singles have found lifelong partnerships on Christian Mingle. Although matches aren’t guaranteed, Christian Mingle is consistently reviewed as a high-quality dating site for Christian singles. And with more than 15 million users, Christian Mingle gives you a larger pool to choose from than many other dating sites. We recommend Christian Mingle for any single Christians interested in finding a forever match.

Christian Mingle Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Christian Mingle?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Christian Mingle?

Original review: Sept. 18, 2022

I am a widow and after 2 years decided to step out and use this site because of the Christian affiliation. This was all new to me. I got on the site and checked it out and decided to pay for one month. I was on the site for one week. There were only a couple profiles I had interest in. I started a conversation with a man and listened to his story but never really felt it was the direction to go. I shared this with him, but it was not received well. I went back to the dating app and decided to respond to another person who had reached out to me. After a few days something did not seem right. The end result was both profiles were made by the same person. Different pictures, different contact information, it was unsettling. I am new to all this, so I have a lot to learn but I deactivated my account and will never go back on that site again. This was not a Christian encounter. Be careful ladies.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2022

I joined the site and they denied my picture, then I complained to them and they accepted the picture. After they accepted the picture I purchased a 3-month subscription. After I purchased the three months subscription they denied the picture again, and I did not have any access to communicating with anyone. So after I purchased the subscription I actually had less access than I did before and my picture was removed. We went back and forth several times and I told them that the picture was already approved. I was so disgusted I told them just to cancel my subscription. They refused to refund my money and I had to go through another process to get a refund from the card company. Don't trust these scammers if they treat people like this there's no way you're going to get a legitimate chance at finding a good person with these crooks manipulating things. Just go to a different dating site and don't waste your time there. These people are mentally ill.

Get buying tips about Online Dating Sites and Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2022

So bad! In the match profile they sent me today there were people who last logged in 2, 3, 6,10 and 11 months ago!! Nobody earlier than 2 months ago! 11 months is ridiculous. I just started my account a couple days ago. I called to see if my settings are off because all the people I see are old profiles. They told me to widen my distance that I was searching in. I'm set to 50 miles!! I'm in Phoenix. That's all the have to offer I guess....$54 wasted. What more can I say?

Original review: July 22, 2022

I signed up to this service and the only option was for 3 months. They advertise a large network of Christian people to meet. Within 10 minutes of signing up, I realized that there were very few people to meet in my town and wrote to the company asking for 2 of the 3 months refunded as I would not be using the site. They replied and assured me that they would stop my subscription (confirmed via email) and only charge for a month. 4 months later they took off $49 per month and an extra $149 per month that I did not authorize. I am struggling to get my money back and warn anyone that the service they promise actually does not exist (maybe in America it does but not in Australia (Perth) to be specific). I am so disappointed. As a single parent - the money they have taken is my grocery money for 3 months. Hopefully my bank can intervene on my behalf and get my money back.

Original review: July 19, 2022

Christian Mingle should be called Scammers Mingle, I don't understand how this company is allowed to still be in business. Their website is very poor function and every profiles there is a fake, please don't waste your money with this site unless you are in the fraud business.

Original review: July 9, 2022

This company does not acknowledge when you cancel your auto-renewal! The company just stole over $100 out of my checking account and disregarded my cancellation of my auto-renewal! I demanded it back, and told them to delete my account and profile! I have never seen such a site that sends out so many bots in my life! When you report a profile as a scam there is no response! The biggest waste of my money ever!! For all who have been scammed from this site I hope you tell others about your crappy experience and it shuts the site down!

Original review: June 17, 2022

Problems:

1. 90% of the women who contact you are scams, women from other countries.
    2. They make it so difficult to cancel your subscription.
    3. Horrible customer service.
    4. 80% of all the women do not have pictures.

5. You know it's a scam every time because they "Always" ask you for your telephone number and email address.

Original review: June 16, 2022

Here's how it went...This past March, after breaking up with a decent woman who is now my friend, I was browsing the Internet and decided to use a dating website again. Mind you I had bad experiences with Match and eHarmony in the past. I figured I would give C.M. a chance because I have faith and I want to have at least one kid in the future and of course a long-term relationship.

In the first month of April, many matches but no responses except for a suspicious woman from the U.K. (I'm from NY state FYI) She said hello and didn't ask any important questions. The second month, in May, one woman reached out to me, and she basically said Hi and that was it, folks! Thirdly, today of all days, I get a message from someone from Michigan (allegedly) and she calls herself "Mary" while her profile lists her name as Brianna. Not only can this Mary not type well, but has almost no grasp of the English language. (That's a scam artist or scam idiot for you newbies.) This website shows no integrity and little honesty, and I hope that it crumbles. Thank you for reading.

Original review: May 31, 2022

First off, the servers seem to be physically set in Germany, where the site owners are, because the response time is exceptionally slow. Very frustrating. Worse, there are more scammers and fake profiles than on any site I've been on; I think it's probably because scammers perceive Christians as easy prey. You can detect them by the language skills, the canned answers (or lack of appropriate answers) to questions, but it doesn't really matter, they're still not real. And most frustrating, they keep profiles up long after the member, real or fake, has gone.

I received several matches of 7 (you receive those regularly) where NONE of them had been online since LAST YEAR. Apparently, it makes it look like there are people to choose from, when in fact, there aren't really any people to choose from. In addition, they ignore your preferences; they send whoever they can find regardless of whatever you said you don't want; that is, people of different sects of Christianity, race, they even occasionally sent me men. It was a waste of money.

Original review: May 22, 2022

I joined on a Monday in May of 2022, I immediately was inundated men who were WIDOWED, no family, higher education, and willing to relocate. It was obvious most inquiries were canned, prewritten, and sickeningly sweet. Very Godly responses as well. I have wasted my hard-earned money. STAY AWAY! Also, the remaining profiles were OLD, with the user not having logged in for months.

Christian Mingle Company Information