Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.70/5

Christian Mingle is a dating website designed specifically for Christians looking for love. Christian Mingle has more than 15 million members and is one of the largest and most trusted Christian-specific dating websites. Similar to other dating sites, Christian Mingle helps match like-minded singles in the hopes of creating lifelong relationships. With an easy-to-use site and a large dating pool, finding love can be easier with Christian Mingle.

BOTTOM LINE

For Christians looking for a lifelong partner, Christian Mingle is a great option. Although its premium membership is expensive, its dating pool of more than 15 million members offers plenty of opportunities for singles to find love.

PROS

• Large dating pool
  • Focus on long-term relationships
  • Free trial
  • Like-minded singles

CONS

• Pricey premium membership
  • Limited free version
Banner image

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

Banner image

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

How does Christian Mingle work?

If you’re interested in signing up for Christian Mingle’s services, visit its website to sign up for a free trial using your email or Facebook profile. Christian Mingle then prompts you to fill out some information on your profile, including questions about your values, hobbies and favorite quotes.

Once your profile is complete, you can start viewing other eligible, compatible singles in your area. To help you on your journey to love, Christian Mingle sends you up to seven possible matches each day. With Christian Mingle’s free membership, you won’t be able to message potential suitors — be prepared to pay for a monthly membership if you find someone you’re interested in.

How much does Christian Mingle cost?

Setting up a profile with Christian Mingle is completely free, but the free service does not include the option to chat with other members. Once you find someone on Christian Mingle that you want to get to know better, you must upgrade to its premium membership, which is $49.99 per month.

Christian Mingle offers discounts on memberships if you purchase more than one month at a time. For three months, it is $39.99 per month, and for six months, it costs $24.99 per month.

Christian Mingle FAQ

How long does it take for Christian Mingle to approve a profile?
    It typically takes between 24 and 48 hours for Christian Mingle to approve a profile. This is to ensure that there is no inappropriate content on the site.
    Is Christian Mingle free?
    You can set up a profile for free on Christian Mingle, but you must pay a monthly fee to chat with other singles.
    What does the heart mean on Christian Mingle?
    The heart is a “like” that can only be sent while using LookBook, an anonymous browsing option. If you like someone’s profile that has liked yours, you will automatically be matched to one another.
    What does the orange plus sign mean on Christian Mingle?
    The orange plus sign means that someone has a Messaging+ profile, which is a premium subscription option that lets users message anyone, even those on a free trial.
    Is Christian Mingle good?
    Christian Mingle is the largest dating website for Christians, and many reviewers say its focus on long-term relationships sets it apart.
    What does the wink mean on Christian Mingle?
    You can send winks to other members as a means of flirting or showing your interest. This is usually sent before a message to encourage the other to make the first move.
    How much does it cost to be on Christian Mingle?
    You can create an account for free, and premium membership starts at $49.99 per month.

Does Christian Mingle work?

Many singles have found lifelong partnerships on Christian Mingle. Although matches aren’t guaranteed, Christian Mingle is consistently reviewed as a high-quality dating site for Christian singles. And with more than 15 million users, Christian Mingle gives you a larger pool to choose from than many other dating sites. We recommend Christian Mingle for any single Christians interested in finding a forever match.

Christian Mingle Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Christian Mingle?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Christian Mingle?

Original review: Feb. 24, 2021

Christian Mingle is the best Heartbreaking Scam EVER, 6 Days later it's nothing more than a Big lie. Totally FAKE, don’t Waste a penny, It’s a total Lie With nothing more than SCAMMERS, The people that are returning your messages are not people looking to date.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2021

I signed up four days ago and my site hasn’t worked at all. You can’t get anyone to help you. The customer service number doesn’t work. The last time I ever sign up for anything without checking reviews first. I just got scammed out of 50.00. Please learn from mine and as I’m reading on here a lot of other people's mistake. DONT!!!!

Get buying tips about Online Dating Sites and Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2021

This site isn't even the LEAST bit worth it. The features you "unlock" for the price -- which are very basic -- are not worth paying $50/mo for the service ($25/mo if you pay every 6-months). That's absolutely INSANE! Whoever is running this racket is ridiculous. 100% garbage; don't waste your time.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2021

They are not connecting any singles, they are just connecting our money with their wallets. Absolutely unscrupulous management use all kinds of methods and tricks to string along the unsuspecting men. Make sure they don’t put you on auto subscription. I can not recommend Christianmingle.com - I lost so much time and money with it, while I was that unsuspecting client! Don’t fall victim to their fraud!

Original review: Dec. 14, 2020

So as a Christian whose faith is important, I thought I would remove some of the leg work in dating by using a "Christian" website. Well first off, every single day, every single person will get tons of "someone sent you a message" so you go to look at it and it says "mingler sent you a smile". It took a bit of research but what I found out is that these were "people" without profiles, simply a login ID and they refuse to pay for membership and all they can do is send a smile. A bit more research and it seems the only way for these accounts to send messages if someone pays for the ugraded membership that allows people without memberships to message them, continuing on this path, I found hundreds of complaints from people who got these messages from "minglers" and in the end the person on the other end attempted to scam them for money.

At 50 dollars a month, this is one of if not THE most expensive dating site out there. I cancelled my subscription within 3 days after realizing that despite my preferences, the site continued to allow other people outside of the area I chose, outside of the age bracket I specified, outside of the religious and ethnic preferences to continue to try and match me. I don't know if the admins for this site gave up on it or if they just allow spammers and poor algorithms do the work but DO NOT USE THIS SITE.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2020

This site is jam packed with scammers and there is no way to limit them. Numerous requests to Christian mingle for help eliminating the scammers ended up unresolved. It is the subscribers responsibility to browse carefully. But do beware, immediately after enrolling I was bombarded with people name "mingler" followed by 4 numbers/letters and most times there is no picture. If this is the case you can be 99% certain it's going to be a scammer. I even requested pictures from them and one idiot sent me 2 pictures of herself. one had brown eyes and one had blue eyes. got to be one of the dumbest scammers out there. I realize all sites end up with their share of unscrupulous people, but compared to say match.com or our time or e harmony, Christian mingle has cornered the market on these morons. do yourself a favor if you are thinking about joining a dating site. spend your money on match.com or eharmony.com.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2020

Within 48 hours of joining, nearly a hundred scammers sent messages saying they have a "friend" who is interested in my profile and I can send an email or text a phone number they have provided. Or, I cannot count how many "men" state they are widowed and lost a wife and are looking for love one last time. The profile contains nearly no grammatical errors, and the messages are all written by someone who does not have a command of the English language. When I inquire as to which country they are messaging me from, I am almost instantly blocked. This was a complete waste of time, having to delete smiles from profiles containing no user name and no viable information. Went to another site and have yet to be scammed in the past 72 hours. Just having good convos, which is as one would hope for it to be.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2020

I will only reiterate what others have said. This website is a great reminder to always check reviews before making any commitment. The amount of catfish spam you get when online is unbelievable. It appears that scammers have access to the database and can manage accounts in mass. If not that, when a membership cost 50$ for a month I would think that this money could be invested in getting this under control or changing the experience to discourage scams. I'm a web developer, in it's current model it encourages fraudulent activity. But as reviews from the past show this is not a priority.

So in short, a website advertises they are in the business of connecting Christian singles but run it in a way that only maximizes conversions while devaluing quality. It is clear evidence that their corporate mission statement is not inline with Christian values while advertising it as such. I would even suggest that sparks, inc. is an appropriate candidate for a class action lawsuit for breach of contract. Yet their terms of service in lawyer language indicates they are not held responsible for anything they do.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2020

I recently signed up for 6 months and I started getting several smile signs from a bunch of photo-less and name-less people. I am also getting fraudulent people requesting me to contact via text a 'supposed friend' that liked my profile. Christian Mingle should notify their subscribers to be aware about this potential threat and monitor their site better. I am planning to unsubscribe before the end of my 6 months.

Original review: July 14, 2020

The sites don't advertise a 50 mile radius! I've tried several dating sites and realized that the money is in keeping me looking. It's hard enough trying to meet and develop a relationship with someone within 20 miles. Throw 50 miles in, and I'm shutting down. I live in NY, and the odds that I'm trying to date someone in PA, CT or NJ are slim to zero. Of course, you don't get the 50 mile radius information until AFTER you give all your personal information, and take all the personality tests!

Christian Mingle Company Information