Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.78/5

Christian Mingle is a dating website designed specifically for Christians looking for love. Christian Mingle has more than 15 million members and is one of the largest and most trusted Christian-specific dating websites. Similar to other dating sites, Christian Mingle helps match like-minded singles in the hopes of creating lifelong relationships. With an easy-to-use site and a large dating pool, finding love can be easier with Christian Mingle.

BOTTOM LINE

For Christians looking for a lifelong partner, Christian Mingle is a great option. Although its premium membership is expensive, its dating pool of more than 15 million members offers plenty of opportunities for singles to find love.

PROS

• Large dating pool
  • Focus on long-term relationships
  • Free trial
  • Like-minded singles

CONS

• Pricey premium membership
  • Limited free version
Christian Mingle Learn More

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

How does Christian Mingle work?

If you’re interested in signing up for Christian Mingle’s services, visit its website to sign up for a free trial using your email or Facebook profile. Christian Mingle then prompts you to fill out some information on your profile, including questions about your values, hobbies and favorite quotes.

Once your profile is complete, you can start viewing other eligible, compatible singles in your area. To help you on your journey to love, Christian Mingle sends you up to seven possible matches each day. With Christian Mingle’s free membership, you won’t be able to message potential suitors — be prepared to pay for a monthly membership if you find someone you’re interested in.

How much does Christian Mingle cost?

Setting up a profile with Christian Mingle is completely free, but the free service does not include the option to chat with other members. Once you find someone on Christian Mingle that you want to get to know better, you must upgrade to its premium membership, which is $49.99 per month.

Christian Mingle offers discounts on memberships if you purchase more than one month at a time. For three months, it is $39.99 per month, and for six months, it costs $24.99 per month.

Christian Mingle FAQ

How long does it take for Christian Mingle to approve a profile?
It typically takes between 24 and 48 hours for Christian Mingle to approve a profile. This is to ensure that there is no inappropriate content on the site.
Is Christian Mingle free?
You can set up a profile for free on Christian Mingle, but you must pay a monthly fee to chat with other singles.
What does the heart mean on Christian Mingle?
The heart is a “like” that can only be sent while using LookBook, an anonymous browsing option. If you like someone’s profile that has liked yours, you will automatically be matched to one another.
What does the orange plus sign mean on Christian Mingle?
The orange plus sign means that someone has a Messaging+ profile, which is a premium subscription option that lets users message anyone, even those on a free trial.
Is Christian Mingle good?
Christian Mingle is the largest dating website for Christians, and many reviewers say its focus on long-term relationships sets it apart.
What does the wink mean on Christian Mingle?
You can send winks to other members as a means of flirting or showing your interest. This is usually sent before a message to encourage the other to make the first move.
How much does it cost to be on Christian Mingle?
You can create an account for free, and premium membership starts at $49.99 per month.

Does Christian Mingle work?

Many singles have found lifelong partnerships on Christian Mingle. Although matches aren’t guaranteed, Christian Mingle is consistently reviewed as a high-quality dating site for Christian singles. And with more than 15 million users, Christian Mingle gives you a larger pool to choose from than many other dating sites. We recommend Christian Mingle for any single Christians interested in finding a forever match.

Christian Mingle Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Christian Mingle?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Christian Mingle?

Original review: Oct. 4, 2020

I will only reiterate what others have said. This website is a great reminder to always check reviews before making any commitment. The amount of catfish spam you get when online is unbelievable. It appears that scammers have access to the database and can manage accounts in mass. If not that, when a membership cost 50$ for a month I would think that this money could be invested in getting this under control or changing the experience to discourage scams. I'm a web developer, in it's current model it encourages fraudulent activity. But as reviews from the past show this is not a priority.

So in short, a website advertises they are in the business of connecting Christian singles but run it in a way that only maximizes conversions while devaluing quality. It is clear evidence that their corporate mission statement is not inline with Christian values while advertising it as such. I would even suggest that sparks, inc. is an appropriate candidate for a class action lawsuit for breach of contract. Yet their terms of service in lawyer language indicates they are not held responsible for anything they do.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2020

I recently signed up for 6 months and I started getting several smile signs from a bunch of photo-less and name-less people. I am also getting fraudulent people requesting me to contact via text a 'supposed friend' that liked my profile. Christian Mingle should notify their subscribers to be aware about this potential threat and monitor their site better. I am planning to unsubscribe before the end of my 6 months.

Get buying tips about Online Dating Sites and Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 14, 2020

The sites don't advertise a 50 mile radius! I've tried several dating sites and realized that the money is in keeping me looking. It's hard enough trying to meet and develop a relationship with someone within 20 miles. Throw 50 miles in, and I'm shutting down. I live in NY, and the odds that I'm trying to date someone in PA, CT or NJ are slim to zero. Of course, you don't get the 50 mile radius information until AFTER you give all your personal information, and take all the personality tests!

Original review: July 14, 2020

This was the worst experience I could have imagined. Two years after my husband died, I felt like I was ready to reconnect with someone. My daughter said that most people meet online, and she helped me get on Christian Mingle. I can say that in the nearly 2 months I was on, I only communicated with one legitimate person. It took me a couple of weeks to change my settings to see more than two people. When I contacted the help desk, I did not think I received an answer; however, all their responses went into my spam folder. This should have been a major red flag.

I received 100s of smiles from mostly men outside of any of my preferences. I only communicated with one man that did not come on so quickly you hardly had time to process it. Then I met Steven. I was his answer to prayers, and he was convinced that God had put us together. This went on for about 3 days. He was so flattering, showering me with sweet phrases and sentiments. By the end of the 3rd day, I finally discovered what he really wanted – money. It was small, but I am sure it would have grown much larger. His Netflix was about to expire, and he wanted me to buy him a couple of iTunes cards so he could renew his account. At first, I was stunned but then it all made sense. This is what he was after from the beginning. From that time on, I did not have a conversation with anyone else that did not use the same from 1 – 100 miles in a day. I began to block these and report them.

Then one day I logged on and I had all new men in my feed and nearly 100 messages that were sent out from my account saying that I wanted them to contact a friend of mine who thought that they were good looking. I changed my password immediately and reported it. In the meanwhile, CM suspended my account due to suspicious activity. CM needed me to verify some info, which I was worried about, and then they said my account was compromised. They insisted that their site was secure and that I must have given out my info to someone. I asked that my profile and account be deleted immediately. Be aware of what you are getting into when you go to CM thinking you will find a Godly man.

Original review: June 10, 2020

Went on Christian mingle for 1st time. 2 within my parameters and no liked matches. All the rest were in states far way. 1 person liked Thomas from NC. Talked on site email until he convinced me to write him at his personal email. I was so tired of receiving likes from men way out of the parameters I set up, so I did contact him. (A non-no.) He was in love with me within 3 days and had plans to visit me after his last contract was accepted. He said beautiful words to me and I looked them up on net and found them there. I asked him for his home address. He said I hurt him. That our love should be trusting. He finally gave it to me and still could not find this thomas. Nothing but a public meeting many years before he came from Germany. I asked about the date in his mail address and he said it was when his mother died which happened to be 2 yrs before he was born.

He was very good professing his love.. so good, I looked the words on the net and there they were. I did a reverse Image on 2 of pictures but didn't find him. I was really hoping he was for real. He slipped and mentioned the name of his company and one of the founders was a Jan ______. I looked up his name and found an obituary with the picture thomas posted on Christian mingle. Ah ha! Confronted him and he started denying it and saying he couldn't continue relationship if I couldn't trust him. He had a good reason for telling the things he said. I told him I'd be happy to listen to him face to face. Lol he said he couldn't be with me since I didn’t trust him. I had others who liked me and told me that their friend is interested in me so I should contact them on their email. I really got tired of the ridiculous likes with no picture or 20 years younger. I was very disappointed in the whole process. Obviously there is no vetting of members.

Original review: June 3, 2020

There is so many fake profile emails on this site that you get in your email. There are not many good matches in my area and I live in a big city. It is expensive. You can not even see smiles without paying. They will not let you hide or snooze your profile if you meet someone. You have to cancel your account and lose your remaining paid for time. This makes no sense on a Christian site when you want to be honorable if you meet someone. You should be able to snooze your remaining time.

Original review: May 30, 2020

Either the service has been hacked or as someone said in a previous review, the fake contacts are in-house. Whenever I got on, someone knew, and I start getting a bunch of smiles, obviously not from real people because they had mostly numbers in their names. A good anti-hacking system should have prevented this. I also got a large number of "people" sending me information about their supposed friend who saw my amazing profile and just had to meet me, but not joining himself, of course.

I believe con men have figured out a way of hijacking real people's profiles to send these messages. I almost never got anything legitimate, just obviously fraudulent, dangerous, fake contacts. This is very concerning since people are paying for something that doesn't work at all, almost the only people who send messages are con men. Also there are many people who are vulnerable and can't see through these contacts. I deleted my account so that it couldn't be hijacked to delude someone else.

Original review: May 28, 2020

How do you properly vet if the people subscribed is really a Christian? I really believe that if you have to pay for a subscription, then the company should at least provide some form of vetting (a background check/credit check) a form of verifiable information of his/her church affiliation....something.

Original review: May 25, 2020

This is the second time in 2 years I got a membership to this dating site. As many of the other reviewers have stated, there are no men in my immediate area and no one sends me a message UNTIL I sign on to my account. Then, they come in like a flood, from everywhere but my home state. Same vernacular, same scam tactics; very, very sad. This is far from being a CHRISTIAN dating site! It seems that the scammers, like cockroaches, are drawn to this site because they're looking for the vulnerable and more forgiving of us, thinking we're easier to scam. But, we must be wise and report these people, which I do, regularly, and I let them know they will reap what they sow. I also pray for them, hard as is it to do, but it's how Jesus would handle it! Let's pray that this website is taken down!

Original review: May 14, 2020

Worst customer service. Not worth your time. Nobody there on the other side of the email. My log in stopped working and to this date I do not know the reason. I inquired about the reason for this error, expecting a reply as to whether the reason was a a code error or I was shut out due to contravening the terms of service unknowingly or unintentionally. To this date I have not received a reply. I sent them a video of myself playing in church worship on Sunday to confirm my identity and my church affiliation. No reply whatsoever. Moving on.

Christian Mingle Company Information