2.06/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Christian Mingle

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Christian Mingle Reviews

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

Headline: I messaged Christian Mingle customer service twice and I never heard back, never received a refund, and felt I needed to cancel my profile after only two weeks of service. I paid for three months. I signed for the free service at first and after a couple of weeks decided to go for it because there was a special sent to my email. When I signed up it said they would take my information from Facebook. I didn't think anything of it so I agreed. When guys starting sending me smiles and I smiled back, they immediately starting asking for my phone number, then my email address, and they asked where I lived.

At first I responded like: why not just chat here for awhile? They never wanted to talk about themselves or answer any questions and became increasingly curt, angry, and aggressive in their pursuit of information. One man I was chatting with, as soon as he did that I blocked him but when I went to look for him in Blocked so I could Report him, he was not there.

The next day I was blocked out of my social media Facebook and emails by my passwords not working. Thankfully Yahoo allowed me to reset my password with my phone and I was able to fix the others as well. All my information was in my account at Christian Mingle like my email address and I believe they know how to hack the system and take over your email account. Then they look through your email looking for banking information, etc. I went to change my christian Mingle Profile so I could be less obvious as a target but when I went to put in a profile name one of scammers put his profile name where mine was supposed to be like he was trying to steal my profile. I don't know how but it was there and I recognized as one of ones I had Blocked. I messages Christian mingle customer service twice and I never heard back, never received a refund, and felt I needed to cancel my profile after only two weeks of service. I paid for three months.

Also I think it should be said that most of the guys did not smile in their picture, write anything on their profile, and the "scammers" were often widowers and made some kind of romantic overture from the get go like "Communication is important for a romantic relationship. I would love to get your phone number so I can text you." I think the majority of guys on here are scammers and know how to hack and navigate the system. It's corrupt throughout and needs to be shut down or at the very least people should be warned.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

I went on CM and it was not a very good experience as I tried to permanently delete my profile and didn't even get an email message about my deletion and no one responded to me and I don't think I am terrible looking. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder I guess but, the profiles seem to be fake.

Get expert buying tips about Online Dating Sites and Services delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: Oct. 26, 2019

In recent years, CM has become a site full of scammers/fake profiles. It is a complete waste of money and I'd be amazed if you find any real men actually on this site. They need a better way to filter out all the fake profiles and to only have legitimate members on this site. It was a good site way back in 2005-2010, but in recent years, they make no effort to filter out scammers. In my recent membership, I received 10-20 scammer 'smiles' a day. In a 3-month membership, I only came across one guy who was not a scammer, but he was a creep. Save your money!

Original review: Oct. 14, 2019

Although I am not a highly technologically savvy individual and may not understand how this seems to be happening more and more in the world of dating sites I was absolutely astonished at my experience with Christian Mingle. I signed up and created my profile and within 4 days I had received over 100 contacts and emails, unfortunately not a single one was legitimate. People, please be wary of the emails coming in stating such things as, my brother or my father or my friend saw your profile but does not want to join the site but he is a wonderful man and it would benefit you to contact him at (text or email).

These are scammers, do not be fooled. Also, when a man emails you and within just a few messages he wants your phone number to start texting and then suddenly he does not sound like the college degree'd man in the profile and is throwing compliments at you that honestly would never come from a real man, i.e. "God must have created your right after he created Eve"... please beware. Do your homework, there are a number of sites out there that warn you of the tricks of scammers. They Will and Do eventually start begging for money.

It was most disappointing that Christian Mingle has been hit with this in such a way that I did not even want to look at it after just a few days. I also suspect that my profile had been stolen, as I tried to reverse the search and find women of my age within a certain radius and I was no where to be found. I do not know exactly what dating sites can do to keep this from happening, but the upside to my experience was that I contacted Customer Service on the 5th day and they issued me a complete refund of over $100 that was actually credited back to my account in two days. Be safe out there ladies and gentlemen. Respectfully.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2019

I have been on this site for less than a month and already approached 4 times with a scam. The storyline is the same in each case. I reported them but still haven't received a response. Once someone nice looking sent me a smile and I sent one back and then within a few hours the person disappeared from my mail. Maybe they decided not to try out Christian Mingle but it all seems so strange. I've read other profiles where people said flat out that Christian Mingle is full of fake profiles. It's sad because many years ago it wasn't like this. I actually met someone through this website and it was legit. We dated for four years but ended up not working out. Just beware of this website. I wouldn't waste my money here. Thank God I only paid for one month.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Christian Mingle?

Original review: Oct. 10, 2019

It’s simple to make a page for yourself. Easy to navigate and find matches in your area (or more distance if you prefer). I myself made a search within 100 miles and I found the guy whom I am still married to today! But think there are good quality and genuine people to meet in this website.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2019

The profiles are fake. The last person told me they are in Ghana taking care of their mother. The local profiles are few and probably fake. Most of the people that contact me are from out of state even though I selected to only look for people from within 25 miles from me. Very fishy site.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2019

While I have my own reasons for not using CM, they have nothing to do with the site being a scam. I’ve gone on many dates through this site and, when I contacted CSR, they were prompt and even fully refunded me when I said I wasn’t happy. (I live in Canada and they didn’t make it clear the price would be USD, which is far too much money for one month.) I think their recent model of letting people have accounts without paying, but restricting their ability to communicate, is hurting the pool. No one is paying and, therefore, can only wink at each other and never make contact. Just as on any site, be careful and look for the signs of fake profiles, but CM is legit and their CSR has treated me well.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2019

I randomly selected 176 profiles and wrote everyone! Not a single reply, not a single look, not a single like. I chose all kinds of people from thin to heavyset, old to young. Tattoo to priss. I am very seriously wondering if there are any humans on this site! I am not an ugly man nor am I super overweight. Average man. This was the biggest waste of my time and money!

Original review: July 12, 2019

Beware of the scammers and the profiles that are no longer active (3 - 6 months and beyond), that are sent to you weekly as "matches." I heard from scammers more often than real people. And, one, in particular, had multiple aliases/profiles and would fill up my inbox with unwelcome messages. Please know I am not a bitter person or unattractive. Truly, experience CM on your own and see what type of experience you have. Very very disappointed. And as always, be very careful about giving out personal information, because they will ask all the time.

Christian Mingle Company Information