3.33/5
Based on 12 reviews that contain star ratings

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

12 Christian Mingle Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

I am new to the online dating world and so it has been eye opening so far. While the Christian Mingle site is legit in that it will post your profile for people to view, they cannot guarantee the people loading profiles are legit individuals and not scammers. This website has been a disappointment for three main reasons: 1. I would say in my first 2 months on the site the number of people who are scammers who are posing as potential dates is between 30% and 40%. Part of the problem could be that there is no background check to see if individuals even exist. The good part is profiles can be reported and their profiles will be removed for violating terms of service; such as asking for money.

2. The pool of people is remarkably small for a 100 mile radius. I live in a suburb 30 miles north of Atlanta, Georgia. Hundreds of thousands of people live in just a 50 mile radius and in the bible belt no less. Adjusting the preferences in many ways still doesn't reveal many more profiles. 3. Filling out a profile to see only "man seeks woman" matches apparently does not weed out all of those profiles looking for same sex relationships. Disturbing. My advice: Do your own legwork. A person is better off keeping their money and taking some time to create and upload a Youtube video of themselves for free (as of this writing). Do your initial weeding out process however you feel best whether email or chat. Then, for a first date meet at a public church service.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

I actually paid $105 dollars for 3 months of this service. And I'm pretty sure it was the worst $100 dollars I ever spent. At least 1/3 of the profiles on this website are fake profiles, created by whomever, I have no idea. They all have only one picture and say "last online today" and every time it is some beautiful person. Aside from this dissatisfaction, the number of people that are on this site is very low. I live in North Carolina and have my setting on folks within 200 miles, and it probably only comes up with about 100 people. This should be a free website with how horrible the service is. Again, it's literally the worst $100 dollars I ever spent.

Get expert buying tips about Online Dating Sites and Services delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: June 27, 2018

Christian Mingle is a great site. I have met some nice people through it. I enjoy the religious aspect of the site as well as the dating aspect. On most other dating websites it is hard to find people who share religious interests, but not on Christian Mingle. I want to continue using it in the future.

Original review: June 26, 2018

Christian Mingle is a good ideal. It was a Christian dating site, but I am not sure how they are screened. Anyone can claim to be a Christian but I like to know if they really are strong Christian or just saying that so they can get into the website. I don't think it is appropriate to represent a strong Christian person when you are not. It was a gamble I did not want to take. And although the site was user friendly and compatible with me, it was too intrusive and I am rather private. I did not like giving all my personal information out so in the end, I back out of the site.

Original review: June 24, 2018

Christian Mingle was easy to use and I liked the religious aspect of the site as that was an important quality I was looking for in a match. But matches were hard to come by and the people lied on their pages. Also I disliked the amount of money I spent as it's super expensive. I went on a few dates and the overall quality of matches was not great. I would not recommend the site to others.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Christian Mingle?

Original review: June 23, 2018

I like that it was for Christians, but it wasn't anything special. More often than not women were standoffish. Felt like my picture was most important, and I could almost be boring or exciting, no different. It didn't feel like my religion was part of it and I don't think the criteria really matters. Met my significant other elsewhere. She didn't vote for same person for president, different education levels, different hobbies. Also, I felt like it was hard to stay in contact with people in Christian Mingle. They mostly quit or just simply didn't respond after a while. Felt like you'd chat, share laughs, but never really meet.

Original review: June 22, 2018

My experience has been pretty good. I've gotten a good amount of matches that I am interested in. I really like the amount of people in the site who share my system of beliefs. It can be really hard to find other people who are Christian and religious these days and this site helps me do that. It's pretty easy to use and makes the idea of finding someone to date and one day marry a lot less stressful. The site is perfectly fine the way it is right now and serves its purpose well.

Original review: June 17, 2018

The most common thing in this site is people being a "Christian" whether that is Protestant or not. The site is pretty easy to use and it's nice how you can customize your profile. I liked the fact that you could select and browse by files that had a picture available and also by region so you could look for people near you. The site is too expensive but I liked that there were times where you could communicate for free and also trials. However it should be required if people want to pay for it to make a background check on someone at a discount for safety purposes. And it should have more local events for people to meet.

Original review: June 16, 2018

Great site that was for free. You could upgrade to a premium service to get better email and more benefits. Not too many people were in my location for the criteria I was looking for. But it was helpful for a couple dates. I really like that it was a Christian site so it makes it a little safer to feel like the profiles are real people that are looking for serious dates. A lot of sites you really have to be careful with who you decide to meet up with. It's a great site overall. Been a while since I've been on the site but any more security questions or service can help out with keeping dating sites like this one safer to use.

Original review: June 15, 2018

The match criteria and quality of matches has been spot on. I like the way I can customize my profile so easily so that it stands out when someone looks at it. I like the fact that I can find men to date who share the same Christian values that I have. It is easy to communicate with the men I meet on the website. All of the men are genuine in the fact they are looking for a real relationship and not just some one night stand. I was a little leary at first but not anymore.

Original review: June 13, 2018

Met great Christian people and although I haven't met my soulmate, I had some really good dates. But some dates were too religious and just wanted to talk about religion and nothing else. You also have fake profiles like other dating websites that are just there to try to take advantage of people on the website and are not actually people looking for a date. Still, Christian Mingle is easy to use and it is higher quality people than other dating sites. People are more serious about dating than other websites I have tried. It seems like a better place to meet a long term relationship. I would recommend this for anyone looking for more quality dates.

Original review: June 12, 2018

The Christian Mingle site was easy to navigate and the type of match was relevant to what I had wanted. The type of person I met was screened, suitable and with similar interests. He was a nice, kind gentleman and we got along as well as could be expected on a first meeting and we seemed to like each other. Everything went in harmony as could be imagined and there was a satisfying experience overall.

Christian Mingle Company Information