3.7/5 (161 ratings)
Find an Online Dating Sites partner
Banner image

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

About Christian Mingle

Christian Mingle is a dating website designed specifically for Christians looking for love. Christian Mingle has more than 15 million members and is one of the largest and most trusted Christian-specific dating websites. Similar to other dating sites, Christian Mingle helps match like-minded singles in the hopes of creating lifelong relationships. With an easy-to-use site and a large dating pool, finding love can be easier with Christian Mingle.

Pros

• Large dating pool
  • Focus on long-term relationships
  • Free trial
  • Like-minded singles

Cons

• Pricey premium membership
  • Limited free version

Bottom Line

For Christians looking for a lifelong partner, Christian Mingle is a great option. Although its premium membership is expensive, its dating pool of more than 15 million members offers plenty of opportunities for singles to find love.

Banner image

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

How does Christian Mingle work?

If you’re interested in signing up for Christian Mingle’s services, visit its website to sign up for a free trial using your email or Facebook profile. Christian Mingle then prompts you to fill out some information on your profile, including questions about your values, hobbies and favorite quotes.

Once your profile is complete, you can start viewing other eligible, compatible singles in your area. To help you on your journey to love, Christian Mingle sends you up to seven possible matches each day. With Christian Mingle’s free membership, you won’t be able to message potential suitors — be prepared to pay for a monthly membership if you find someone you’re interested in.

How much does Christian Mingle cost?

Setting up a profile with Christian Mingle is completely free, but the free service does not include the option to chat with other members. Once you find someone on Christian Mingle that you want to get to know better, you must upgrade to its premium membership, which is $49.99 per month.

Christian Mingle offers discounts on memberships if you purchase more than one month at a time. For three months, it is $39.99 per month, and for six months, it costs $24.99 per month.

Christian Mingle FAQ

How long does it take for Christian Mingle to approve a profile?

It typically takes between 24 and 48 hours for Christian Mingle to approve a profile. This is to ensure that there is no inappropriate content on the site.

Is Christian Mingle free?

You can set up a profile for free on Christian Mingle, but you must pay a monthly fee to chat with other singles.

What does the heart mean on Christian Mingle?

The heart is a “like” that can only be sent while using LookBook, an anonymous browsing option. If you like someone’s profile that has liked yours, you will automatically be matched to one another.

What does the orange plus sign mean on Christian Mingle?

The orange plus sign means that someone has a Messaging+ profile, which is a premium subscription option that lets users message anyone, even those on a free trial.

Is Christian Mingle good?

Christian Mingle is the largest dating website for Christians, and many reviewers say its focus on long-term relationships sets it apart.

What does the wink mean on Christian Mingle?

You can send winks to other members as a means of flirting or showing your interest. This is usually sent before a message to encourage the other to make the first move.

How much does it cost to be on Christian Mingle?

You can create an account for free, and premium membership starts at $49.99 per month.

Does Christian Mingle work?

Many singles have found lifelong partnerships on Christian Mingle. Although matches aren’t guaranteed, Christian Mingle is consistently reviewed as a high-quality dating site for Christian singles. And with more than 15 million users, Christian Mingle gives you a larger pool to choose from than many other dating sites. We recommend Christian Mingle for any single Christians interested in finding a forever match.

Christian Mingle Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Christian Mingle?

Original review: Feb. 4, 2023

I have never connected anyone on there. It's so strict on profile summary and so hard to log in and so hard to navigate. There is absolutely no meaningful usage from this company/website without paying.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2023

Two weeks into a 6 month paid subscription (if you still join, recommend paying for the shortest period first), it became clear that trying to find a match would be close to impossible. You are not able to screen who sees you based on your preferences. You end up with messages from people from all over the country and it is a four step process to figure out who they are, that they do not meet many, if any, of your preferences and to finally block or archive them. Time draining. The matches they give you based on % match against preferences still does not take into account that the person who has matched with you has no interest in your age group or distance from you or them. It was a complete waste of time and money. Also, Christian Mingle acknowledges all of the shortcomings and has no regrets about them. Their response was summarily "too bad."

Get buying tips about Online Dating Sites and Services delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2023

No local people to meet. Gave me matches all over the country. Turns out the man I was texting was a scammer. Thankfully I suspected it but need to be careful and check out info. Even then they can be great at deceiving.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2023

Christian Mingle is filled with scammers/fake profiles. You cannot trust who you are talking to. The pictures and profiles are from women, but the person behind the pictures and profile is not who is represented. I would save your money. I canceled my subscription after one month because it became very discouraging to get messages from fakes trying to luring me into a conversation that was nothing more than a waste of my time. I complain about this to Christian Mingle and they told me there is nothing they can do about it. I find that hard to believe. It is your choice, but from experience I would save your money and find another site.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2022

Just joined last week. 99 percent of people here are scammers. Very few real men and all of those are on the opposite side of the country. Don’t waste your money. You spend more time clearing fakes than talking to anyone real.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2022

At least 8 out 10 were not who they said they were. Honestly!! No one is local. If they were supposedly in their area and you lived there, then they just moved. Lol SMH. If you are in town they had to leave for a few weeks. NO WAY TO ACTUALLY HAVE A CELL TEXT OR PHONE CALL WITH MOST OF THEM. I hace had at least 50 contacts in one week. Not even 1 phone contact SMH. Google Chat is their love I have found out. SHAMEFUL. EVEN IMPLICIT SEX OFFERS!!! This is not a Christian site and if owned by Christians it is only for profit. Embarrassing!!! One other scam. And it is easily googled, is the “I am in the military out of the country scam“. And CM can’t control this!!! If there is a hell….and this is extremely frustrating. Bombarded by fake girls. Today. Two pics on same page with a girl with different name. Oops! To represent Christians this way means they should be shut down. Imo.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2022

I subscribed to Christian Mingle and then they said I canceled. I DID NOT. I had paid for three months. They now want me to subscribe (again) to see my messages. I contacted them many times to complain. THEY HAVE NOT RESPONDED.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2022

I am a widow and after 2 years decided to step out and use this site because of the Christian affiliation. This was all new to me. I got on the site and checked it out and decided to pay for one month. I was on the site for one week. There were only a couple profiles I had interest in. I started a conversation with a man and listened to his story but never really felt it was the direction to go. I shared this with him, but it was not received well. I went back to the dating app and decided to respond to another person who had reached out to me. After a few days something did not seem right. The end result was both profiles were made by the same person. Different pictures, different contact information, it was unsettling. I am new to all this, so I have a lot to learn but I deactivated my account and will never go back on that site again. This was not a Christian encounter. Be careful ladies.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2022

I joined the site and they denied my picture, then I complained to them and they accepted the picture. After they accepted the picture I purchased a 3-month subscription. After I purchased the three months subscription they denied the picture again, and I did not have any access to communicating with anyone. So after I purchased the subscription I actually had less access than I did before and my picture was removed. We went back and forth several times and I told them that the picture was already approved. I was so disgusted I told them just to cancel my subscription. They refused to refund my money and I had to go through another process to get a refund from the card company. Don't trust these scammers if they treat people like this there's no way you're going to get a legitimate chance at finding a good person with these crooks manipulating things. Just go to a different dating site and don't waste your time there. These people are mentally ill.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2022

So bad! In the match profile they sent me today there were people who last logged in 2, 3, 6,10 and 11 months ago!! Nobody earlier than 2 months ago! 11 months is ridiculous. I just started my account a couple days ago. I called to see if my settings are off because all the people I see are old profiles. They told me to widen my distance that I was searching in. I'm set to 50 miles!! I'm in Phoenix. That's all the have to offer I guess....$54 wasted. What more can I say?

Christian Mingle Company Information