3.7/5 (148 ratings)
Find an Online Dating Sites partner
Banner image

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

About Christian Mingle

Christian Mingle is a dating website designed specifically for Christians looking for love. Christian Mingle has more than 15 million members and is one of the largest and most trusted Christian-specific dating websites. Similar to other dating sites, Christian Mingle helps match like-minded singles in the hopes of creating lifelong relationships. With an easy-to-use site and a large dating pool, finding love can be easier with Christian Mingle.

Pros

• Large dating pool
  • Focus on long-term relationships
  • Free trial
  • Like-minded singles

Cons

• Pricey premium membership
  • Limited free version

Bottom Line

For Christians looking for a lifelong partner, Christian Mingle is a great option. Although its premium membership is expensive, its dating pool of more than 15 million members offers plenty of opportunities for singles to find love.

Banner image

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

Christian Mingle Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Christian Mingle?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Christian Mingle?

Original review: Jan. 15, 2022

Christian Mingle is a scam site. The members are not real people, they will never pick up the phone and reveal themselves to be a real person and basically if you want to waste your money on delusion...

Original review: Dec. 31, 2021

I went to this site because finding a relationship with a fellow Christian is primary to me. Roughly 90% of those contacting me were from 500+ miles away - HUGE red flag. Most people want to find someone near them, so I don't believe these were legitimate profiles. What a waste of money!

Original review: Dec. 16, 2021

I experienced a major financial setback after joining and requested a refund. It was denied for no reason. Additionally, the matches were horrible. I had several messages from scammers. I DO NOT recommend this app!

Original review: Aug. 27, 2021

I have never seen soooo many scammers, fake people in all my decades on the Internet! The want you to give them your phone # and email address on day #1 so they can get you off the site and scam you. I used Google lens to ID several of the scammers and reported them. They were not removed from the website, only blocked on my profile. This is a very unethical business that should be avoided at all costs. The service is not worth it even if it is FREE! You'd have to pay me to actually use their service.

Original review: July 16, 2021

I think most of the people leaving bad reviews are older people who just don't understand how the site works or how to work the site and their preferences on the site. For example all the complaints about people called mingler with numbers in the names and no pictures. This is something the site does automatically with all new standard members. Until you upgrade your account, IE pay extra money, they assign you a mingler name they make up for you, like mingler ou412 or something like that, and it takes them several days or longer to approve your photos. It's not that these people did not put photos up, they are just not approved yet. In fact it's more likely that these are the real people just trying to see if they like the site before spending all that money for the upgrades and full membership.

Also while it's true you can't put your account on hold, you can set it so others can't see you online or so you don't show up under search results and such. There is a lot you can change under preferences. You can also set it to as little as a 5 mile radius. The site is ok, I don't love it or anything. Sure there are some scammers and fakes, but no worse than any other site I have tried. But many of the things people are complaining about here are just from a lack of understanding it seems to me. Thanks.

Original review: July 11, 2021

Every single person matched were scammers. They were patterns of responses. Initial bios sounded good then long identical scripted follow ups with different names inserted. Also from other countries, widowed and no family. Always first time on the site. Hurry up and give your cell number or email. Then their bios vanish if they get it. I guess what bites me the most is they target faith women who are caregivers and misuse God's word. And in one week I’ve had most of it unable to access my account. It kicks me back to the site wanting me to register as a new user. Beware.

Original review: June 26, 2021

I was very unsure about going on a dating app but I was very happy with Christian Mingle. This site was very easy to sign up with and almost immediately I got matches in my area. I have met with a couple of my matches and they were very enjoyable meetings. I will keep trying this app.

Original review: June 13, 2021

Way too much hypocrisy. I signed up for this seven years ago and the process was very tedious and didn't feel very secure. I imagine things have changed since then but I doubt that human nature has changed, so lots of skin and non-Christian pictures probably still populate most of the members' profiles.

Original review: June 12, 2021

Bad men, thinking only for sex and benefits from women, no comments more. They are not good educated, have not job or good income and first asking for money for example to pay dental services for him...

Original review: June 11, 2021

Quite the rip off. Gives you choices from far away that say they are only interested in local dating. Also not vetted well and many scam artist on the site. Difficult to cancel membership and received a very hard time about it. WASTED MONEY.

Original review: May 2, 2021

I subscribed roughly 2.5 weeks ago. In that time, I have been presented with 85% profiles without photos or information that is pertinent; the remaining profiles which have come with information, have led to several scammers, catfishers and/or computers. Very disappointing when you think by choosing "Christian" you might find real people who would like to chat or correspond.

I find it odd that the contacts are spread throughout the US and Canada (and Israel) instead of my home state of Texas. I receive 3 - 5 contacts a day asking me to write to someone who is not a member, but recommended by a member who is leaving the service. The three men I have written, have computer-error English mistakes, classic catfishing behaviors. When I ask if they are computers, they disappear without a trace. Really, how many UN employees are there with the question, have you chatted with a military man before? I contacted the company, no suggestions and no improvement. Add to that, 5'6" men contacting a 6' woman with preferences of 5'11" to 6'8", you wonder if the creators actually pay attention to any of the preference lists.

Original review: April 25, 2021

I was excited to join, hoping I would find someone to care about friendship to possibly love and marriage! So I signed up for six months, if nothing happened during this time, I would not join again and if I found someone I would not join again! I was so excited my texts were blowing up the phone, I thought all these people were sending me smiles! So I started to text back, getting to know these guys, there were a few I really hit it off with, I kept investing my time and energy in the conversations by texting, then in all of the guys I liked, thing were starting not to add up as to numbers, the way they wrote, some guys wrote, like other guys I was communicating with, so I started investigating on my own and when I confronted them, suddenly they vanished offline!

I have been on this website less than a week, I wasted 150.00 for nothing, except for hurt, loss of trust and starting to care for a person who did not even exist! There probably are real people on this website, but good luck in finding one! If I were you I would not invest the money, go elsewhere, my money is lost, be smart and spend your money wisely, I wish I had! This site so far has given me nothing but stomach and headaches!

Original review: April 23, 2021

I got an email that someone was interested in my profile. When I tried to log in I couldn't. Fact, my profile and stats are real (Male, 67, seeking a relationship from 60-70, basic not the whole profile). Here's the message CM sent me. "Your ChristianMingle profile has been suspended due to suspicion of fraud." So I wrote this email question to them: "What did I do to be suspected of fraud? I blocked those who smiled at me but were totally outside of their profile description. When I see someone who's 32 and states they want to meet someone from the age of 45-75 or that they're in a different state and don't want to date within 100-500 miles, I'm not interested. I'm also not interested in an email romance, so I block that person so I won't waste my time or theirs. So could you please tell me why you're suspending my account? If someone there wants to call me I can be reached at ###-###-####. Thank You."

So Martha S responded without answering my question!!! They now needed a government-issued ID. So I told them to remove my profile. How is it that most of the profiles named Mingler#@#@# have no photos and are way younger? Those are the true scammers. So beware, don't pay for this, if you must try their service use the free first to see what kind of junk they're sending you!

Original review: April 9, 2021

This is the WORST dating site I have ever checked out. They don't adhere to preferred search criteria, most of the matches are fake profiles & attempting to scam you. Most matches DO NOT have photos!! The website is clumsy, freezes & is difficult to use. After a few days of being scammed & harassed, I requested a refund. Nope... they got my $$ and they are satisfied. There are far better sites, less $$ & friendly. Don't waste your time & $$ like I did.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2021

Christian Mingle is the best Heartbreaking Scam EVER, 6 Days later it's nothing more than a Big lie. Totally FAKE, don’t Waste a penny, It’s a total Lie With nothing more than SCAMMERS, The people that are returning your messages are not people looking to date.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2021

I signed up four days ago and my site hasn’t worked at all. You can’t get anyone to help you. The customer service number doesn’t work. The last time I ever sign up for anything without checking reviews first. I just got scammed out of 50.00. Please learn from mine and as I’m reading on here a lot of other people's mistake. DONT!!!!

Original review: Feb. 2, 2021

This site isn't even the LEAST bit worth it. The features you "unlock" for the price -- which are very basic -- are not worth paying $50/mo for the service ($25/mo if you pay every 6-months). That's absolutely INSANE! Whoever is running this racket is ridiculous. 100% garbage; don't waste your time.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2021

They are not connecting any singles, they are just connecting our money with their wallets. Absolutely unscrupulous management use all kinds of methods and tricks to string along the unsuspecting men. Make sure they don’t put you on auto subscription. I can not recommend Christianmingle.com - I lost so much time and money with it, while I was that unsuspecting client! Don’t fall victim to their fraud!

Original review: Dec. 14, 2020

So as a Christian whose faith is important, I thought I would remove some of the leg work in dating by using a "Christian" website. Well first off, every single day, every single person will get tons of "someone sent you a message" so you go to look at it and it says "mingler sent you a smile". It took a bit of research but what I found out is that these were "people" without profiles, simply a login ID and they refuse to pay for membership and all they can do is send a smile. A bit more research and it seems the only way for these accounts to send messages if someone pays for the ugraded membership that allows people without memberships to message them, continuing on this path, I found hundreds of complaints from people who got these messages from "minglers" and in the end the person on the other end attempted to scam them for money.

At 50 dollars a month, this is one of if not THE most expensive dating site out there. I cancelled my subscription within 3 days after realizing that despite my preferences, the site continued to allow other people outside of the area I chose, outside of the age bracket I specified, outside of the religious and ethnic preferences to continue to try and match me. I don't know if the admins for this site gave up on it or if they just allow spammers and poor algorithms do the work but DO NOT USE THIS SITE.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2020

This site is jam packed with scammers and there is no way to limit them. Numerous requests to Christian mingle for help eliminating the scammers ended up unresolved. It is the subscribers responsibility to browse carefully. But do beware, immediately after enrolling I was bombarded with people name "mingler" followed by 4 numbers/letters and most times there is no picture. If this is the case you can be 99% certain it's going to be a scammer. I even requested pictures from them and one idiot sent me 2 pictures of herself. one had brown eyes and one had blue eyes. got to be one of the dumbest scammers out there. I realize all sites end up with their share of unscrupulous people, but compared to say match.com or our time or e harmony, Christian mingle has cornered the market on these morons. do yourself a favor if you are thinking about joining a dating site. spend your money on match.com or eharmony.com.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2020

Within 48 hours of joining, nearly a hundred scammers sent messages saying they have a "friend" who is interested in my profile and I can send an email or text a phone number they have provided. Or, I cannot count how many "men" state they are widowed and lost a wife and are looking for love one last time. The profile contains nearly no grammatical errors, and the messages are all written by someone who does not have a command of the English language. When I inquire as to which country they are messaging me from, I am almost instantly blocked. This was a complete waste of time, having to delete smiles from profiles containing no user name and no viable information. Went to another site and have yet to be scammed in the past 72 hours. Just having good convos, which is as one would hope for it to be.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2020

I will only reiterate what others have said. This website is a great reminder to always check reviews before making any commitment. The amount of catfish spam you get when online is unbelievable. It appears that scammers have access to the database and can manage accounts in mass. If not that, when a membership cost 50$ for a month I would think that this money could be invested in getting this under control or changing the experience to discourage scams. I'm a web developer, in it's current model it encourages fraudulent activity. But as reviews from the past show this is not a priority.

So in short, a website advertises they are in the business of connecting Christian singles but run it in a way that only maximizes conversions while devaluing quality. It is clear evidence that their corporate mission statement is not inline with Christian values while advertising it as such. I would even suggest that sparks, inc. is an appropriate candidate for a class action lawsuit for breach of contract. Yet their terms of service in lawyer language indicates they are not held responsible for anything they do.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2020

I recently signed up for 6 months and I started getting several smile signs from a bunch of photo-less and name-less people. I am also getting fraudulent people requesting me to contact via text a 'supposed friend' that liked my profile. Christian Mingle should notify their subscribers to be aware about this potential threat and monitor their site better. I am planning to unsubscribe before the end of my 6 months.

Original review: July 14, 2020

The sites don't advertise a 50 mile radius! I've tried several dating sites and realized that the money is in keeping me looking. It's hard enough trying to meet and develop a relationship with someone within 20 miles. Throw 50 miles in, and I'm shutting down. I live in NY, and the odds that I'm trying to date someone in PA, CT or NJ are slim to zero. Of course, you don't get the 50 mile radius information until AFTER you give all your personal information, and take all the personality tests!

Original review: July 14, 2020

This was the worst experience I could have imagined. Two years after my husband died, I felt like I was ready to reconnect with someone. My daughter said that most people meet online, and she helped me get on Christian Mingle. I can say that in the nearly 2 months I was on, I only communicated with one legitimate person. It took me a couple of weeks to change my settings to see more than two people. When I contacted the help desk, I did not think I received an answer; however, all their responses went into my spam folder. This should have been a major red flag.

I received 100s of smiles from mostly men outside of any of my preferences. I only communicated with one man that did not come on so quickly you hardly had time to process it. Then I met Steven. I was his answer to prayers, and he was convinced that God had put us together. This went on for about 3 days. He was so flattering, showering me with sweet phrases and sentiments. By the end of the 3rd day, I finally discovered what he really wanted – money. It was small, but I am sure it would have grown much larger. His Netflix was about to expire, and he wanted me to buy him a couple of iTunes cards so he could renew his account. At first, I was stunned but then it all made sense. This is what he was after from the beginning. From that time on, I did not have a conversation with anyone else that did not use the same from 1 – 100 miles in a day. I began to block these and report them.

Then one day I logged on and I had all new men in my feed and nearly 100 messages that were sent out from my account saying that I wanted them to contact a friend of mine who thought that they were good looking. I changed my password immediately and reported it. In the meanwhile, CM suspended my account due to suspicious activity. CM needed me to verify some info, which I was worried about, and then they said my account was compromised. They insisted that their site was secure and that I must have given out my info to someone. I asked that my profile and account be deleted immediately. Be aware of what you are getting into when you go to CM thinking you will find a Godly man.

Original review: June 10, 2020

Went on Christian mingle for 1st time. 2 within my parameters and no liked matches. All the rest were in states far way. 1 person liked Thomas from NC. Talked on site email until he convinced me to write him at his personal email. I was so tired of receiving likes from men way out of the parameters I set up, so I did contact him. (A non-no.) He was in love with me within 3 days and had plans to visit me after his last contract was accepted. He said beautiful words to me and I looked them up on net and found them there. I asked him for his home address. He said I hurt him. That our love should be trusting. He finally gave it to me and still could not find this thomas. Nothing but a public meeting many years before he came from Germany. I asked about the date in his mail address and he said it was when his mother died which happened to be 2 yrs before he was born.

He was very good professing his love.. so good, I looked the words on the net and there they were. I did a reverse Image on 2 of pictures but didn't find him. I was really hoping he was for real. He slipped and mentioned the name of his company and one of the founders was a Jan ______. I looked up his name and found an obituary with the picture thomas posted on Christian mingle. Ah ha! Confronted him and he started denying it and saying he couldn't continue relationship if I couldn't trust him. He had a good reason for telling the things he said. I told him I'd be happy to listen to him face to face. Lol he said he couldn't be with me since I didn’t trust him. I had others who liked me and told me that their friend is interested in me so I should contact them on their email. I really got tired of the ridiculous likes with no picture or 20 years younger. I was very disappointed in the whole process. Obviously there is no vetting of members.

Original review: June 3, 2020

There is so many fake profile emails on this site that you get in your email. There are not many good matches in my area and I live in a big city. It is expensive. You can not even see smiles without paying. They will not let you hide or snooze your profile if you meet someone. You have to cancel your account and lose your remaining paid for time. This makes no sense on a Christian site when you want to be honorable if you meet someone. You should be able to snooze your remaining time.

Original review: May 30, 2020

Either the service has been hacked or as someone said in a previous review, the fake contacts are in-house. Whenever I got on, someone knew, and I start getting a bunch of smiles, obviously not from real people because they had mostly numbers in their names. A good anti-hacking system should have prevented this. I also got a large number of "people" sending me information about their supposed friend who saw my amazing profile and just had to meet me, but not joining himself, of course.

I believe con men have figured out a way of hijacking real people's profiles to send these messages. I almost never got anything legitimate, just obviously fraudulent, dangerous, fake contacts. This is very concerning since people are paying for something that doesn't work at all, almost the only people who send messages are con men. Also there are many people who are vulnerable and can't see through these contacts. I deleted my account so that it couldn't be hijacked to delude someone else.

Original review: May 28, 2020

How do you properly vet if the people subscribed is really a Christian? I really believe that if you have to pay for a subscription, then the company should at least provide some form of vetting (a background check/credit check) a form of verifiable information of his/her church affiliation....something.

Original review: May 25, 2020

This is the second time in 2 years I got a membership to this dating site. As many of the other reviewers have stated, there are no men in my immediate area and no one sends me a message UNTIL I sign on to my account. Then, they come in like a flood, from everywhere but my home state. Same vernacular, same scam tactics; very, very sad. This is far from being a CHRISTIAN dating site! It seems that the scammers, like cockroaches, are drawn to this site because they're looking for the vulnerable and more forgiving of us, thinking we're easier to scam. But, we must be wise and report these people, which I do, regularly, and I let them know they will reap what they sow. I also pray for them, hard as is it to do, but it's how Jesus would handle it! Let's pray that this website is taken down!

Christian Mingle Company Information