Find an Online Dating Sites partner

Help me decide

3.7/5 (150 ratings)
Find an Online Dating Sites partner
Banner image

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

About Christian Mingle

Christian Mingle is a dating website designed specifically for Christians looking for love. Christian Mingle has more than 15 million members and is one of the largest and most trusted Christian-specific dating websites. Similar to other dating sites, Christian Mingle helps match like-minded singles in the hopes of creating lifelong relationships. With an easy-to-use site and a large dating pool, finding love can be easier with Christian Mingle.

Pros

• Large dating pool
  • Focus on long-term relationships
  • Free trial
  • Like-minded singles

Cons

• Pricey premium membership
  • Limited free version

Bottom Line

For Christians looking for a lifelong partner, Christian Mingle is a great option. Although its premium membership is expensive, its dating pool of more than 15 million members offers plenty of opportunities for singles to find love.

Banner image

Single? Frustrated with online dating?

Take back control of your love life now with LoveAndMatchmaking

Get Started

Christian Mingle Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Christian Mingle?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Christian Mingle?

Original review: June 11, 2021

Quite the rip off. Gives you choices from far away that say they are only interested in local dating. Also not vetted well and many scam artist on the site. Difficult to cancel membership and received a very hard time about it. WASTED MONEY.

Original review: May 2, 2021

I subscribed roughly 2.5 weeks ago. In that time, I have been presented with 85% profiles without photos or information that is pertinent; the remaining profiles which have come with information, have led to several scammers, catfishers and/or computers. Very disappointing when you think by choosing "Christian" you might find real people who would like to chat or correspond.

I find it odd that the contacts are spread throughout the US and Canada (and Israel) instead of my home state of Texas. I receive 3 - 5 contacts a day asking me to write to someone who is not a member, but recommended by a member who is leaving the service. The three men I have written, have computer-error English mistakes, classic catfishing behaviors. When I ask if they are computers, they disappear without a trace. Really, how many UN employees are there with the question, have you chatted with a military man before? I contacted the company, no suggestions and no improvement. Add to that, 5'6" men contacting a 6' woman with preferences of 5'11" to 6'8", you wonder if the creators actually pay attention to any of the preference lists.

Original review: April 25, 2021

I was excited to join, hoping I would find someone to care about friendship to possibly love and marriage! So I signed up for six months, if nothing happened during this time, I would not join again and if I found someone I would not join again! I was so excited my texts were blowing up the phone, I thought all these people were sending me smiles! So I started to text back, getting to know these guys, there were a few I really hit it off with, I kept investing my time and energy in the conversations by texting, then in all of the guys I liked, thing were starting not to add up as to numbers, the way they wrote, some guys wrote, like other guys I was communicating with, so I started investigating on my own and when I confronted them, suddenly they vanished offline!

I have been on this website less than a week, I wasted 150.00 for nothing, except for hurt, loss of trust and starting to care for a person who did not even exist! There probably are real people on this website, but good luck in finding one! If I were you I would not invest the money, go elsewhere, my money is lost, be smart and spend your money wisely, I wish I had! This site so far has given me nothing but stomach and headaches!

Original review: April 23, 2021

I got an email that someone was interested in my profile. When I tried to log in I couldn't. Fact, my profile and stats are real (Male, 67, seeking a relationship from 60-70, basic not the whole profile). Here's the message CM sent me. "Your ChristianMingle profile has been suspended due to suspicion of fraud." So I wrote this email question to them: "What did I do to be suspected of fraud? I blocked those who smiled at me but were totally outside of their profile description. When I see someone who's 32 and states they want to meet someone from the age of 45-75 or that they're in a different state and don't want to date within 100-500 miles, I'm not interested. I'm also not interested in an email romance, so I block that person so I won't waste my time or theirs. So could you please tell me why you're suspending my account? If someone there wants to call me I can be reached at ###-###-####. Thank You."

So Martha S responded without answering my question!!! They now needed a government-issued ID. So I told them to remove my profile. How is it that most of the profiles named Mingler#@#@# have no photos and are way younger? Those are the true scammers. So beware, don't pay for this, if you must try their service use the free first to see what kind of junk they're sending you!

Original review: April 9, 2021

This is the WORST dating site I have ever checked out. They don't adhere to preferred search criteria, most of the matches are fake profiles & attempting to scam you. Most matches DO NOT have photos!! The website is clumsy, freezes & is difficult to use. After a few days of being scammed & harassed, I requested a refund. Nope... they got my $$ and they are satisfied. There are far better sites, less $$ & friendly. Don't waste your time & $$ like I did.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2021

Christian Mingle is the best Heartbreaking Scam EVER, 6 Days later it's nothing more than a Big lie. Totally FAKE, don’t Waste a penny, It’s a total Lie With nothing more than SCAMMERS, The people that are returning your messages are not people looking to date.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2021

I signed up four days ago and my site hasn’t worked at all. You can’t get anyone to help you. The customer service number doesn’t work. The last time I ever sign up for anything without checking reviews first. I just got scammed out of 50.00. Please learn from mine and as I’m reading on here a lot of other people's mistake. DONT!!!!

Original review: Feb. 2, 2021

This site isn't even the LEAST bit worth it. The features you "unlock" for the price -- which are very basic -- are not worth paying $50/mo for the service ($25/mo if you pay every 6-months). That's absolutely INSANE! Whoever is running this racket is ridiculous. 100% garbage; don't waste your time.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2021

They are not connecting any singles, they are just connecting our money with their wallets. Absolutely unscrupulous management use all kinds of methods and tricks to string along the unsuspecting men. Make sure they don’t put you on auto subscription. I can not recommend Christianmingle.com - I lost so much time and money with it, while I was that unsuspecting client! Don’t fall victim to their fraud!

Original review: Dec. 14, 2020

So as a Christian whose faith is important, I thought I would remove some of the leg work in dating by using a "Christian" website. Well first off, every single day, every single person will get tons of "someone sent you a message" so you go to look at it and it says "mingler sent you a smile". It took a bit of research but what I found out is that these were "people" without profiles, simply a login ID and they refuse to pay for membership and all they can do is send a smile. A bit more research and it seems the only way for these accounts to send messages if someone pays for the ugraded membership that allows people without memberships to message them, continuing on this path, I found hundreds of complaints from people who got these messages from "minglers" and in the end the person on the other end attempted to scam them for money.

At 50 dollars a month, this is one of if not THE most expensive dating site out there. I cancelled my subscription within 3 days after realizing that despite my preferences, the site continued to allow other people outside of the area I chose, outside of the age bracket I specified, outside of the religious and ethnic preferences to continue to try and match me. I don't know if the admins for this site gave up on it or if they just allow spammers and poor algorithms do the work but DO NOT USE THIS SITE.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2020

This site is jam packed with scammers and there is no way to limit them. Numerous requests to Christian mingle for help eliminating the scammers ended up unresolved. It is the subscribers responsibility to browse carefully. But do beware, immediately after enrolling I was bombarded with people name "mingler" followed by 4 numbers/letters and most times there is no picture. If this is the case you can be 99% certain it's going to be a scammer. I even requested pictures from them and one idiot sent me 2 pictures of herself. one had brown eyes and one had blue eyes. got to be one of the dumbest scammers out there. I realize all sites end up with their share of unscrupulous people, but compared to say match.com or our time or e harmony, Christian mingle has cornered the market on these morons. do yourself a favor if you are thinking about joining a dating site. spend your money on match.com or eharmony.com.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2020

Within 48 hours of joining, nearly a hundred scammers sent messages saying they have a "friend" who is interested in my profile and I can send an email or text a phone number they have provided. Or, I cannot count how many "men" state they are widowed and lost a wife and are looking for love one last time. The profile contains nearly no grammatical errors, and the messages are all written by someone who does not have a command of the English language. When I inquire as to which country they are messaging me from, I am almost instantly blocked. This was a complete waste of time, having to delete smiles from profiles containing no user name and no viable information. Went to another site and have yet to be scammed in the past 72 hours. Just having good convos, which is as one would hope for it to be.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2020

I will only reiterate what others have said. This website is a great reminder to always check reviews before making any commitment. The amount of catfish spam you get when online is unbelievable. It appears that scammers have access to the database and can manage accounts in mass. If not that, when a membership cost 50$ for a month I would think that this money could be invested in getting this under control or changing the experience to discourage scams. I'm a web developer, in it's current model it encourages fraudulent activity. But as reviews from the past show this is not a priority.

So in short, a website advertises they are in the business of connecting Christian singles but run it in a way that only maximizes conversions while devaluing quality. It is clear evidence that their corporate mission statement is not inline with Christian values while advertising it as such. I would even suggest that sparks, inc. is an appropriate candidate for a class action lawsuit for breach of contract. Yet their terms of service in lawyer language indicates they are not held responsible for anything they do.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2020

I recently signed up for 6 months and I started getting several smile signs from a bunch of photo-less and name-less people. I am also getting fraudulent people requesting me to contact via text a 'supposed friend' that liked my profile. Christian Mingle should notify their subscribers to be aware about this potential threat and monitor their site better. I am planning to unsubscribe before the end of my 6 months.

Original review: July 14, 2020

The sites don't advertise a 50 mile radius! I've tried several dating sites and realized that the money is in keeping me looking. It's hard enough trying to meet and develop a relationship with someone within 20 miles. Throw 50 miles in, and I'm shutting down. I live in NY, and the odds that I'm trying to date someone in PA, CT or NJ are slim to zero. Of course, you don't get the 50 mile radius information until AFTER you give all your personal information, and take all the personality tests!

Original review: July 14, 2020

This was the worst experience I could have imagined. Two years after my husband died, I felt like I was ready to reconnect with someone. My daughter said that most people meet online, and she helped me get on Christian Mingle. I can say that in the nearly 2 months I was on, I only communicated with one legitimate person. It took me a couple of weeks to change my settings to see more than two people. When I contacted the help desk, I did not think I received an answer; however, all their responses went into my spam folder. This should have been a major red flag.

I received 100s of smiles from mostly men outside of any of my preferences. I only communicated with one man that did not come on so quickly you hardly had time to process it. Then I met Steven. I was his answer to prayers, and he was convinced that God had put us together. This went on for about 3 days. He was so flattering, showering me with sweet phrases and sentiments. By the end of the 3rd day, I finally discovered what he really wanted – money. It was small, but I am sure it would have grown much larger. His Netflix was about to expire, and he wanted me to buy him a couple of iTunes cards so he could renew his account. At first, I was stunned but then it all made sense. This is what he was after from the beginning. From that time on, I did not have a conversation with anyone else that did not use the same from 1 – 100 miles in a day. I began to block these and report them.

Then one day I logged on and I had all new men in my feed and nearly 100 messages that were sent out from my account saying that I wanted them to contact a friend of mine who thought that they were good looking. I changed my password immediately and reported it. In the meanwhile, CM suspended my account due to suspicious activity. CM needed me to verify some info, which I was worried about, and then they said my account was compromised. They insisted that their site was secure and that I must have given out my info to someone. I asked that my profile and account be deleted immediately. Be aware of what you are getting into when you go to CM thinking you will find a Godly man.

Original review: June 10, 2020

Went on Christian mingle for 1st time. 2 within my parameters and no liked matches. All the rest were in states far way. 1 person liked Thomas from NC. Talked on site email until he convinced me to write him at his personal email. I was so tired of receiving likes from men way out of the parameters I set up, so I did contact him. (A non-no.) He was in love with me within 3 days and had plans to visit me after his last contract was accepted. He said beautiful words to me and I looked them up on net and found them there. I asked him for his home address. He said I hurt him. That our love should be trusting. He finally gave it to me and still could not find this thomas. Nothing but a public meeting many years before he came from Germany. I asked about the date in his mail address and he said it was when his mother died which happened to be 2 yrs before he was born.

He was very good professing his love.. so good, I looked the words on the net and there they were. I did a reverse Image on 2 of pictures but didn't find him. I was really hoping he was for real. He slipped and mentioned the name of his company and one of the founders was a Jan ______. I looked up his name and found an obituary with the picture thomas posted on Christian mingle. Ah ha! Confronted him and he started denying it and saying he couldn't continue relationship if I couldn't trust him. He had a good reason for telling the things he said. I told him I'd be happy to listen to him face to face. Lol he said he couldn't be with me since I didn’t trust him. I had others who liked me and told me that their friend is interested in me so I should contact them on their email. I really got tired of the ridiculous likes with no picture or 20 years younger. I was very disappointed in the whole process. Obviously there is no vetting of members.

Original review: June 3, 2020

There is so many fake profile emails on this site that you get in your email. There are not many good matches in my area and I live in a big city. It is expensive. You can not even see smiles without paying. They will not let you hide or snooze your profile if you meet someone. You have to cancel your account and lose your remaining paid for time. This makes no sense on a Christian site when you want to be honorable if you meet someone. You should be able to snooze your remaining time.

Original review: May 30, 2020

Either the service has been hacked or as someone said in a previous review, the fake contacts are in-house. Whenever I got on, someone knew, and I start getting a bunch of smiles, obviously not from real people because they had mostly numbers in their names. A good anti-hacking system should have prevented this. I also got a large number of "people" sending me information about their supposed friend who saw my amazing profile and just had to meet me, but not joining himself, of course.

I believe con men have figured out a way of hijacking real people's profiles to send these messages. I almost never got anything legitimate, just obviously fraudulent, dangerous, fake contacts. This is very concerning since people are paying for something that doesn't work at all, almost the only people who send messages are con men. Also there are many people who are vulnerable and can't see through these contacts. I deleted my account so that it couldn't be hijacked to delude someone else.

Original review: May 28, 2020

How do you properly vet if the people subscribed is really a Christian? I really believe that if you have to pay for a subscription, then the company should at least provide some form of vetting (a background check/credit check) a form of verifiable information of his/her church affiliation....something.

Original review: May 25, 2020

This is the second time in 2 years I got a membership to this dating site. As many of the other reviewers have stated, there are no men in my immediate area and no one sends me a message UNTIL I sign on to my account. Then, they come in like a flood, from everywhere but my home state. Same vernacular, same scam tactics; very, very sad. This is far from being a CHRISTIAN dating site! It seems that the scammers, like cockroaches, are drawn to this site because they're looking for the vulnerable and more forgiving of us, thinking we're easier to scam. But, we must be wise and report these people, which I do, regularly, and I let them know they will reap what they sow. I also pray for them, hard as is it to do, but it's how Jesus would handle it! Let's pray that this website is taken down!

Original review: May 14, 2020

Worst customer service. Not worth your time. Nobody there on the other side of the email. My log in stopped working and to this date I do not know the reason. I inquired about the reason for this error, expecting a reply as to whether the reason was a a code error or I was shut out due to contravening the terms of service unknowingly or unintentionally. To this date I have not received a reply. I sent them a video of myself playing in church worship on Sunday to confirm my identity and my church affiliation. No reply whatsoever. Moving on.

Original review: May 12, 2020

Sad - Fake Profile, Harassment, and hacking. No Help from Christian Mingle at all. But they want your money, but you don't receive any help from the hackers!!!! This makes the Lord Bad!!! Say to the wicked: Isaiah 3:11 - Daniel 12:10.

Original review: May 11, 2020

I signed up to find like-minded Christians but there were none within 100 miles of my location in Canada. I broadened the search to 500 and ONLY got American profiles and responses. Nothing against Americans but none in Canada where I live. How can that be? Far too many no photo “supposed member” bios. Most profile enquires from men I received wanted emails and/or phone numbers along with the very first initial hello so unlikely safe or real profiles. Women and men be very careful on this site. Scammers hang out in all kinds of ways. Dating 101 would never recommend moving off the site with email or phone number exchanges right from a hello.

This is a huge warning sign that scammers are not being screened. Some of us who use internet dating aren’t naive newbies. I contacted admin twice thinking there was something wrong with how I registered as well as my concerns and to date, there has been no response at all. So not even reputable admin. You cannot hide this long blaming Covid as all interactions with admin are not face-to-face. I recommend you find a better service provider as this was a disappointing venture and big waste of money. To say the least; disappointing and perhaps just a money grabber. Be warned for those of you seeking real Christian people. I pulled my profile.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2020

Attempted to sign up but my account was "flagged". When I called to ask why they said for security purposes they needed me to send in my drivers license and a utility bill. I said absolutely not. I asked why it was flagged and they said that's not their department. I asked to be transferred and they said until they confirm my identity with those documents they can't transfer me. I said, "Ok. Well I need you to delete my email address and photos that I uploaded when I created my account." They said, "Without confirming your identify with those documents we can't do that." I said, "You have NO right to keep or use my photos!" She said there is nothing further to discuss and hung up.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2020

For a $49.99 a month I think the owners of this site should really check the subscribers. In fact I don’t think the fake accounts are from outside I think it is in house. A way to cause you renew the subscription. Everyone that contacted me were fake accounts. This site is corruption and fake please don’t waste your money. Don’t deserve any stars but I have to click something in order to move on.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2020

I joined Christian Mingle 3 days ago! I signed up for the three month subscription and thought that would give me time to search and hopefully meet some interesting people. First, I live near a large urban area, but when I searched within 100 miles there were No Matches available. My search criteria was open and it had to be extended to 500+ miles to get any matches. At that point I started getting the “smiles” and a few messages. I did respond to one message and we started texting. It was a good conversation. I fell for the “my subscription is going to expire can I have your number?” At that point the whole feel and tone of the writing changed. First red flag was when he started asking questions that we discussed earlier. Second red flag was when he sent pictures and it was a different person than the profile picture! He asked for my pictures, and if he was the person on the profile page he would have seen my pictures.

He became very possessive and familiar quickly with his language and over did the religious parts. There was constant scripture quoting and sharing prayers with me. It all felt very canned. I didn’t reply to anymore messages and I haven’t heard from him again. I’ve since blocked his number. I’ve notified Christian Mingle about my experience, but have not received a response. My advice is don’t use this site. It sounds much better than it is.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2020

I just paid for a one month subscription with CM yesterday. I’ve had so many fake profiles send me a ‘smile’. They have no picture or real name. Then I also received smiles from profiles with an actual picture and name. Only when I’ve spoken with three of them, they don’t write well or spell well even though their profiles say they are educated men. When I questioned one of them about this, he said it’s because he finds it difficult typing on a phone. Once I said it’s not difficult typing on a phone, it seems he blocked me. The other two immediately asked for my phone number, and when I said I’d rather message on the site for a while, they never responded back again. I’m going to request a refund, and if I’m not granted one, I will write bad reviews everywhere I can about this dating site.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2019

CM is quickly getting a bad name!! I signed up for 1 month and I seem to be the ‘customer service’ person. I get 25-30 fake profiles called “Mingler aa1A” or something close to this every single day. Thank God I am no fool for falling for this nonsense. But it’s disheartening that so many people have to resort to this activity. I’ve complained 5 different times to Sparks Publishers about it with zero response. 95% of all dating sites are owned now by a single parent company and they have no interest to change their business practices until they are shut down. The same company owns approx 40% of all porn sites too. Very sad statement!!!

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

Headline: I messaged Christian Mingle customer service twice and I never heard back, never received a refund, and felt I needed to cancel my profile after only two weeks of service. I paid for three months. I signed for the free service at first and after a couple of weeks decided to go for it because there was a special sent to my email. When I signed up it said they would take my information from Facebook. I didn't think anything of it so I agreed. When guys starting sending me smiles and I smiled back, they immediately starting asking for my phone number, then my email address, and they asked where I lived.

At first I responded like: why not just chat here for awhile? They never wanted to talk about themselves or answer any questions and became increasingly curt, angry, and aggressive in their pursuit of information. One man I was chatting with, as soon as he did that I blocked him but when I went to look for him in Blocked so I could Report him, he was not there.

The next day I was blocked out of my social media Facebook and emails by my passwords not working. Thankfully Yahoo allowed me to reset my password with my phone and I was able to fix the others as well. All my information was in my account at Christian Mingle like my email address and I believe they know how to hack the system and take over your email account. Then they look through your email looking for banking information, etc. I went to change my christian Mingle Profile so I could be less obvious as a target but when I went to put in a profile name one of scammers put his profile name where mine was supposed to be like he was trying to steal my profile. I don't know how but it was there and I recognized as one of ones I had Blocked. I messages Christian mingle customer service twice and I never heard back, never received a refund, and felt I needed to cancel my profile after only two weeks of service. I paid for three months.

Also I think it should be said that most of the guys did not smile in their picture, write anything on their profile, and the "scammers" were often widowers and made some kind of romantic overture from the get go like "Communication is important for a romantic relationship. I would love to get your phone number so I can text you." I think the majority of guys on here are scammers and know how to hack and navigate the system. It's corrupt throughout and needs to be shut down or at the very least people should be warned.

Christian Mingle Company Information