Compare Online Dating Websites & Services

Research top Online Dating Websites & Services recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

So, I followed the directions - I posted several of my photos, answered the profile questions accurately and thoughtfully, wrote my profile info (Intro message) and... got lots of emails, winks, "interest"!! However, ALL of the messages had the same template: "Hi **, You have a great smile/you're so beautiful/we have a lot in common generic type greeting. I'm new on this site/haven't been here too often/my subscription is up. Please contact me at (personal phone number) and (personal email)." [Hint - this is a scam. AS IF...] Some of us are on these dating sites because we really want to date! Meet someone! Etc! Men that I sent messages to didn't respond. I'm no beauty queen, but I'm not ugly and I'm not stupid. This site is a waste of time and money, IMHO. Who knows? There may only be 10 real people as members, and the rest are shills. Caveat emptor!

I never paid for any services on but it almost cost me a lot more than I could afford. I met ** in early Aug of 2016. He said his name was Jake and that he lived in Cleveland, OH. True, his phone was listed at an address in Cleveland but there was no name attached to it. He later told me his last name was ** but there is no one by the last name of ** listed in the US. He uses the name William ** on Google Hangouts, he said he named it that because his favorite nephew was named William. He also said that he was 59 and that his birthday was Sept 30th. Things progressed and he fell in love with me very quickly (a habit scammers seem to have in common).

I played along just to see how things would progress and within a month he had to go to Ghana where his brother had been in a car accident. He had told me that he and his brother had scraped together $3 mil out of their jewelry business and that his brother had gone to Ghana to buy gold to bring back to the US, promising me that once the gold was sold that we would be together and that we would never lack for anything the rest of our life. As of this date he is now in Ghana and has used all his money for Dr. and hospital bills for his brother and has nowhere to stay other than the hospital with his brother. Initially he ask me to sent him a bible that he could use when praying for his brother and a pair of Timberland boots that he could wear to the site where the gold was being dug.

He even sent me a picture of the boots. Now, instead of the boots and the Bible he would just like me to send the cash instead. He told me to send a MoneyGram to William ** Accra Ghana 00233. He said that this was the Dr.'s name because he had no ID and had to use the Dr. When I reminded him that he had told me his last name was ** he told me I must be mistaken. Round and round we have gone until I quit responding to his text messages. He has gone from calling me My Love to using my first name. Buyer beware!

I am nearly at a loss for words, about this website. I signed up with based on reading consumer reports and an article they published regarding online dating sites. First of all if you are using anything other than A computer, viewing it is not optimal. But that having been said, the responses I started to get about a week to a week and a half into the subscription became downright bizarre. I began receiving information and emails from people I am absolutely convinced were scammers or something other than legitimate subscribers.

I began receiving multiple emails forwarded to my email account from with "text me" and a phone number listed in the first line. This was suspicious because I had three of these emails hit my email within a few minutes of each other and all were different numbers, none of them had pictures, nor did they have any revealing information about the subscriber. I am very disappointed in Consumer Reports whom I rely heavily on for research-based consumer info. They missed this one by a mile. I may be wrong, but I think is a "sister" company of which also has a lower rating than many of the other on-line dating services.

I have sent numerous complaints to of men posing to be someone else. We as members fall victims to such individuals. Out of ever two hits I received one was is a catfish (If you don't know what a catfish is there is a site on you tube... Please cut and paste this: How To Spot A Fake Profile [Catfish]). Grade A under A is the author of this video.

Educating yourself is the best defense against being scammed by men or women for money on I have learned that Zoosk has formulated a good verification method that helps protect members. I had emailed Chemistry of Zoosk method and they sent me a form letter stating nothing! Please people if you want to protect yourself from unwanted scams know the dating sites in which you are signing up on! Be proactive!!!

Please, please do not use this site!!! What a bizarre experience with the Nigerian-accented (I do know my accents) pseudo-engineers, soccer scouts and other professional men with obvious intentions of playing the women on this site. I actually talked to two different individuals, one claiming U.K. background and the other originally from Denmark. Both ended up hanging up on me when I confronted them with their phony claims. There should be a category for 0 stars!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about

For more information about reviews on please visit our FAQ.

I signed up for a limited time paid membership with this site. I did not have a good experience with it so cancelled my membership. I was then billed for another 6 months for this site, disputed the fee with my bank, then had the fee recharged again. I now am locked out of any profile I once had and still billed. This is yet another online sloppy or scammy site that truly shows me it's about the money, not generating relationships. This site has not shown me it is in relationship with its clients. Do not use this site or any other site the owner owns. If you are meant to meet and be with someone it will happen without the services or so-called support of an online process. Trust that the right person is out there and will be. I am tired of businesses like this on acting on a pretense of being a social or human service and playing on heartstrings.

This company is a scam. They sent advertisements under the guise of and then started charging me through my credit card. They did this twice and each time I have requested a refund and asked them to close my account. They have still left it open. Again, this company is a scam.

I received men who only are interested in if I own my own home. I have asthma so requested non smoker, one of every three smoked. I requested widower, divorced men only. Six out of ten were separated men looking for a hookup. They have sent me profiles of women, I don't. Swing that way. Scam artists who are almost as skilled as the ones on this site who are really from Nigeria. Believe me I did my research before stating this. I choose to stay single rather than be emotionally damaged any further by!

I have an account with All of a sudden I start getting emails from 'matches' on using the User Name and Password. I never signed up or registered to have a account, yet they are a 'partner' of I called and they said that if you took a 'personality test' that you would be signed up for automatically, for free??? Another reason to dislike for deceptive advertising practices and for to operate as a 'sister', 'partner' or whatever it is to So tired of being duped by these idiots.

Gave my membership fee Amex Card of 64.95 to join for three months! Then I couldn't get back into site, kept coming up a problem with site, my account. Read your reviews for this company and shame on me I should of checked it out early. Many people are and have went through the same thing as me. Very discouraged! Don't waste your money, it's a scam company! Thank you.

I sometimes think that Chemistry is a place where Match sends misbehaving employees as punishment, or perhaps it is just a honey pot for scammers, or maybe a place where failed web programmers are sent to work. Or all of the above. It is, hands down, the very worst singles website in existence, if you don't count the ones that apparently are reserved for North Korean political prisoners.

On any given day, I can guarantee that I will get more scam mail than real mail, most of it beginning with the phrase "txtme" or some variation thereof. If *I* can figure out that 100% of the time such a prefix is 100% indicative of a scammer, why can't the employees ? Yet, the literally thousands of these messages roll in, every day, inundating the site. One would think that at least the scammers themselves would give up, except they don't.

The site itself is pretty exciting in that it can take 2 seconds or 5 hours to load, so you never know quite what you are getting if and when it finally does. And if it does, you might get text, or HTML, or some weird mixture of stuff that is unreadable. Considering the impeccable appearance of, I can only conclude that neophyte and/or failed programmers are sent to Chemistry as penance.

The loading times and variance indicate to me that the site itself is running on an Apple II that is so caked in dust and debris that the internal temperature is about 10K Celsius - the approximate temperature of Hell. I am equally certain that the internet connection is a 56K modem also running just a little too hot (!) on dial-up 100 year old copper lines still managed by Pacific Bell.

Finally, just to make it all fun, there is the "Free Communication Weekend", which is exactly what it sounds like - a weekend in which you can do, whatever it is you do, free. Which would be good except that every scammer on the planet takes advantage of these weekends to blast out as much garbage as they possibly can ("am 34 Year old man lking fr wife", "My heart stop when i see yr Profile. and i know at that moment that we are destined to b togther. snd email to me ** so's we can gt to know ech other rightaway" etc. Ad nauseam). So yeah, is a great place to have a good laugh, meet a bunch of scammers, and learn to identify a scam *very* quickly. A great example of how not to run a website!

I registered with and paid my membership fee. When I attempted to log in the next day, I was not able to do so and was told there is a "Problem with my account and to write an email to contact us for more information". I have written SEVERAL e-mails as directed, yet have received absolutely NO response from customer service. I am still unable to log in, I have no answers, yet they still have my money!!! There is no phone number, no way to lodge a complaint or get any response. Since I can't communicate with anyone there, how am I supposed to get my money back??? Do NOT try to join

When my subscription was ending I fell for their offer for 99% of the daily emails I get from the site are from usernames such as "Text Me12345678". These profiles are promptly deleted by the moderators. Too bad they cannot be caught while trying to register.

I talk with a man who said his name was Andy **. I'm just interested in a thalamic relationship. We emailed for about two months. We spoke on the phone as well. He claim he got a job in Cairo, Africa. He had bid on this job and who excited when he won the bid. By the way, he claimed to be a Christian man. After arriving in Cairo, he called very upset and crying, really crying stating his equipment did not arrive and he was going to lose this job. He asked me to send him the money which I did. Now he's asking for more money to come back home. I have refused and he's still begging. I sent him a letter to the address he gave me and another man by the same name lives there. Now what do I do to collect my money?

Your information are not protected. You are charged without your permission when your contract is over. You have plenty of "catfish" impostors that gets your information. They pretend you are talking to the person you'll contacted.

I tried Chemistry while my friend tried another site. She maybe had 3-4 scammers, I had them daily. I went through their entire profile process, stating that I only wanted men in my city - they matched me with people from all over the country. Scammers would ask me to text them, I received 6 different emails from "different" people, all with the same photo. I emailed Chemistry several times and have yet to get a response. The three real people I did connect with all had the same complaint and everyone was closing their account. PLEASE DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY.

I've tried this site about three times. Nothing every time. I've met the 'infamous' Michael, the widower, in the Engineering field every time. Scammer! The site sends 'fake' interest prospects, the men on the site are unbelievably unattractive. Very poorly run site. Nothing but FAKE profiles, scammers galore. I'm PISSED! I

I discovered this weekend that has been billing my credit card since 12/1/13. They have billed me 21 times, each for 39.99, for a total of 839.79. When I called they confirmed that they had been billing me for nearly two years. They also gave me an e-mail address that is not associated with anyone in my family. They indicated that the city and zip code were NOT mine. I have no idea how they slipped this past my bank, since my bank (Chase) is usually very good at requiring the correct city and zip code for all credit card transactions. Despite confirming that the account was set up with absolutely no accurate information, the company refused to refund the fraudulent transactions. It appears that the company's business model is based on recurring credit card charges, and lax review of authenticity prior to setting up accounts.

This site practices some shady tactics that all considering subscription to should be warned of. I had signed up with a free membership, and cancelled it within hours as the profiles were clearly bot based. Who gets a dozen posts within an hour from people 500+ miles away?

After cancelling, within 6 months, I started getting spam email from matches winking or wanting to connect. Wishing to put an end to this unsolicited email from a website I "resigned" myself from, I logged back in to check my account settings. I was able to login (after having had to be reminded of my "password") to find my profile was still there. I'm not sure if it had been reactivated, or was just being held in their archives with the hope of future resubscription. I changed all my email settings to deny. At the same time, I also "resigned" my account which was supposed to end all further activity with this site. I received a confirmation email from with a confirmation number.

The unsolicited email winks and profile interest messages seeming to stop, yet I continued to get desperate please from to come back. I ignored the messages. So much for no further email! In exactly one week I received an email from welcoming me back. My profile had been re-established, and my email settings reopened. What? I never did that!! I promptly tried to login to my account, but failed. Kept telling my password was wrong. I tried twice to request a password reminder, but none ever came. I went to my desktop browser where I knew my password had been saved.

This is where it gets super scary. I managed to login. It took me to "my" profile where I discovered my profile name had been changed. I was no longer ** but **. Everything about my profile seemed as I had left it, and even the pics were being used. Furious, I tried to access my account with the intent of changing my password and resigning yet again. However, my attempts failed. I was notified of a "Problem with my account and to write an email to contact us for more information". Any further navigation within this site ended with the same notice page. I was no longer able to do anything with this site.

I did write a message to contact us but have no faith in receiving any reply. This company is surely up to no good. I don't recall financially supporting this site, but if I recall credit card information was part of the signup process. I will be a bit more diligent in monitoring my accounts as a result of this. Considering all the negative feedback and experiences, it's a wonder why something can't be done to shut them down.

12 out of 14 contacts that I have received from this site are scammers. I can spot them quickly, but even besides that, often their account is closed before I could even reply - because they are scammers. I have sent numerous emails to the customer care but I get no response to cancel my account. When I try their interactive support, there is never a person available. This site is AWFUL! Avoid it at all costs!!

This morning I received the same language from two different men on this site. Then I tried signing in to see what was going on with my account. I couldn't log in. I received an email from them thanking me for changing my email account. I never requested my email address to be changed. So I finally was able to contact them. The guy said that my account was hacked and mine was the only one. So they immediately canceled my account and refunded my money. He told me that I can create a new account. I asked him if they notified all subscribers of what's going on and he just hung up on me. As for one of the men who sent me the scripted language, I told him that I knew it was scripted. He said that he don't know how that happened and that he was going to cancel his subscription because they are scammers. REALLY!!

I had a very bad experience with a man who said he was Michael **. He told me he was a widower, that his wife died 5 years ago, he had a daughter and he was a Civil Engineer. I was a recent widow and everything he wrote me I agreed with. It was a whirlwind romance and I thought I was in love. He sent me flowers, a huge huggy bear and I spoke to him on the phone several times.

He was working on obtaining a contract and one evening, he called me and said he won the contract and it was for more than a million dollars. I wasn't completely gullible so I asked for some form of identification and proof. He emailed me a copy of his passport, and a copy of a Treasury check. His job was in Dubai and when he arrived, he said the international bank wouldn't cash his Treasury check and he would lose the contract. I wired him $20,000 so he could start work and not lose the contract. A few days later he called for more money. By this time, the international bank should have processed his Treasury check so I refused. Of course, it was a scam playing on my emotions and belief that he was sincere.

I joined this online dating service in September, 2014 with very little response. Just as my subscription was to end I received two response to my posting. Both "women" were in their 40's and both were involved with import/export of textiles. In the first case, the woman was going to the Far East, supposedly had a check with her but for some unexplained reason could not cash it. She requested money. Stupidly I sent over the course of a month over $2500.00. At the end of January, 2015 I reported this to my local police and eventually this case was turned over to her hometown police in Ohio. I seriously doubt I will ever see this money.

In the second case, the "woman" leaves the USA in late January for Africa. Apparently the man she contracted with to secure her goods for export has absconded with her money. She hires investigators to track this person and during the tracking she comes down with some disease. She has not planned for any emergencies and needs money for medical treatment and living expenses. Fast track to the present, the "woman" is still in Africa and now owes me in excess of 100K. Am in the process of reporting this and contacting lawyers. I have documents detailing wire transfers and withdrawals from my 457 account.

I signed for a free dating site called, and it turns out it is not free as they state. Once you sign up, they sell, rent or give your email out and you get hit with so much spam it is not funny. Horrible site, do not ever use it, it is not free...anything sounds to be too good to be true surely is with them and they are connected with

I met a delightful man on last March. He said he was working in my state and lived in another. He claimed he was a structural engineer. He was leaving for home in a couple of days. We emailed daily. Since he was very busy with work, he could not meet me right away. We started texting and a few calls per week. He suddenly had to travel to Capetown SA for a job. Then drama started. He was robbed, then his job was shut down. He had no money. I lost nearly $8k in electronic and cash to him before I realized I'd been scammed.

I was scammed by one of your consumers. He was sweet in the beginning and then immediately requested personal information and just became absurd with his love and devotion, only for me to find out that all his emails were false and a waste of my time. has a lot of potential, but it's got huge problems. The site's personality test and personality coaching seems pretty accurate and helpful. However, I was inundated with messages from con artists. Also, you can't search by area or zip code. And, I sent out 96 emails and got 1 email response. I contacted customer services multiple times but they were ALWAYS busy. I quit the site. I did get 1 date, but she also quit the site because of all the con artists and poor website function.

I paid for 3 months subscription to, the sister company of I must be a popular target for scammers... age bracket. I get "Winks" and messages only to go to the website to retrieve the sender's info and it magically disappears. Scammers send me "txt me **" numerous times a week. sends me a daily list of "my matches". However, no similar list from Chem. I want my money back. I'll stick to Zoosk and Tinder with real online matches!

I got on this site with the intention of finding an honest partner and didn't feel the need to subscribe as I wanted to get a feel for what was being offered. Every person who has so far contacted me (usually on the "free" weekends), has turned out to be a scammer. To suss them out, ask to meet face-to-face or Skype so you can put the face to the profile!

I get email from 2 scammers. First, the one in Nevada, Las Vegas. He said he is Maritime Engineer. Why Maritime Engineer live in desert? He told me he love me dearly, want to married me. Right after a week, he said he must go to work oversea, at South Africa. He want to know my cell phone to hear my sweet voice. So I denied to give him cell phone number. He's so mad. So I disconnected with him. The second scammer from San Diego. He also told me he is Civil Engineer. Right after a week, I told him I want to date and meet him at Temecula. Next day, he said he must go to Cyprus island to sign contract with his new company. And few more days, he got my phone number. He text to me. Want me buy iPhone gift card $50.0 and scratch it and send code for him to used so he can contact his partner.

I told him I don't have $50 but have $10.0 only. He text back and forth. Told me at least $15 for gift card. I don't have $15, only $10.0. So he disconnect email to me even. Before he had very sweet letter every day. Told me he love me, want to marry me, buy new house for 2. When he finish his last contract job, he will come back to San Diego marry me. When we exchange pictures on email, he send pictures of his house, a model that has a little note at the corner "beach house", and pictures that he took with his son 15 yrs old. Why he is 65 and has son of 15 yrs old? It's not reasonable. Company Profile