Synchrony Financial

formerly GE CareCredit

1.2/5 (103 ratings)
Find a Credit Cards partner

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

About Synchrony Financial

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

Synchrony Financial Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Synchrony Financial?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Synchrony Financial (formerly GE CareCredit)?

Original review: April 28, 2022

All the comments I read so far on this site seem so unfair to the users. Synchrony Bank is one messed up bank. They will provide mostly low limit cards, and then screw with you when you use it, or never use it. With that said I just became a new Verizon customer, and opted for the Synchrony Verizon Visa, targeted to customers only. My God, it is beautiful, solid heavy Black Metal, FedEx brings it to you, you are supposed to follow the Video link on how to unbox this incredible offering. Plus they had no problem with a $6000 limit, most of my Synchrony cards are under $1000. Did I mention the Verizon Visa offers 4% off Gas, and 4% off of Groceries and Restaurants including Fast Food. Plus 2% off your Verizon bill, and 1% off everything else. Also a $100 bonus paid over 24 months. I will never apply for another Synchrony Bank product again, what they do is criminal, but this Card is outrageous!

Original review: June 14, 2021

Synchrony Bank is a great bank! They make things so easy to do all my credit needs online. If I ever have a problem or a question and I call in, the wait time to speak to somebody is never very long and the employees are always happy to help. The app is easy to navigate and I always know where I am in regards to my loans and payments. I’ve only been with Synchrony for about a year and a half and I wished I’ve been with him much longer than that! I refer all my family and friends to send Craig and that says how much I like them!

Get buying tips about Credit Cards delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 5, 2021

I am pleased to have multiple accounts with Synchrony which makes it helpful when transacting with one specific account (i.e. Amazon). To establish credit was extremely easy and making payments is as well. To date I have not had an issue with any of my Synchrony accounts and recommend this institution to others.

Original review: June 3, 2021

It make my money and me feel safe to know that someone is helping me to keep the scammer away from taking people money. Online banking is the best thing from today sale. That way you know what you getting what you ordering.

Original review: May 31, 2021

They are very accommodating. When Covid hit hard, they were very flexible with payment options. We were very pleased with the customer service and the representatives. We still have two open accounts with the bank and hope to continue to have a favorable relationship with them.

Original review: May 17, 2022

Wait times on hold are ridiculously long. I waited 35 minutes to get someone for a simple question and was put on hold for another 15 minutes! After that she said that she needed to refer me to another department but that her computer was down so I would have to call back. This isn’t the first time I’ve had problems with them, their customer service is in the toilet and I’m pulling my money out as soon as my CDs mature.

Original review: May 12, 2022

Poor and rude customer service they have. I disputed a charge and this so called dispute department never did any due diligence to the case but only asked me to contact merchant which I did but wasn’t getting any reply from this merchant for almost a year till I closed my account with them and they didn’t care how long have been with them. Never wealth anyone’s business.

Original review: May 11, 2022

I had a card with Paypal that I cultivated over time to a 10,000 limit. This took much work, saving, and good credit habits on my part. Paying bills on time, and being responsible. Because I paid off the balance of my PayPal credit, and not used it for a while. They (Synchrony) saw fit to cut my limit from 10,000 to 1,500. We as customers should not stand for this. Let us start speaking with our wallets. Anyone who reads this review STAY AWAY FROM SYNCHRONY BANK IN ANY CAPACITY. Let this be a lesson to you. These big companies think they can do what they want. Let us show them with our wallets. Anyone who has had this done to them tell someone else. Until they are begging for business, and ready to change these unfair practices.

Original review: April 22, 2022

Don't waste your time with Synchrony. I had an Amazon credit card for almost 4 years with no issues until recently. I've never missed a payment and I use the card regularly. My credit score has improved. My financial situation hasn't changed. I haven't made any big purchases. But for some reason, they decided to cut my limit to less than half of what I've had for 4 years. I called and there's nothing they can do. They decreased my limit to basically my balance so now my credit report looks like I have a maxed out card. This is apparently common with Synchrony. Do NOT apply for any store cards backed by Synchrony!

Original review: April 17, 2022

I am experiencing the same as all of you above and believe it time to do something as a whole to stop their fraudulent criminal escapades. We need to stick together and sue them for everything they have done criminally. I am done with them and I will see how successful I am in moving my balance to a reliable credit card. I will let you all know but right now I am pissed off and if my credit is affected with do what is necessary to further proceed with getting the big guys onto their scam. Enough is enough! No star rating as all of you, it's rather comical we are forced to leave one star to submit a review.

Synchrony Financial Company Information

Synchrony Financial (formerly GE CareCredit)
    www.synchronyfinancial.com