Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card
Synchrony Financial
3.13/5

Synchrony Financial

formerly GE CareCredit

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

798 Synchrony Financial Consumer Reviews

Original review: May 16, 2019

I can't believe it but I made a mistake and didn't pay off my 0 APR card by one day and was hit with the entire deferred interest amount. I immediately got upset and went into the "credit cards greed" mode and started masterminding how I was going to get out of this. I then read all the reviews and saw that I probably had an uphill battle. After all, the rules are the rules and I made the mistake. I decided to try the online chat to ask if they could help me out and was connected to a wonderful agent (in India by the way) and simply stated that I paid off the card a day late and wondered if they could help me out with the deferred interest. To my amazement the interest was waived. I couldn't believe it. So, it is possible to have someone overseas give you great service and help you fix the problem, THAT WAS MY FAULT TO BEGIN WITH. Thanks Synchrony. You have a customer for life..

Original review: May 16, 2019

I have a number of young Synchrony accounts. Around 6, I have a young credit file, that is considered thin in history. However while most started with just small starting limits of around $200.00 to $400.00, over a 9 month period they have increased my limits from $200.00 on one card to $1k, another from $200.00 to $3k, another from $500.00 to $5k, another from $700.00 to $2k, one is still at $700.00, while the last one went from $400.00 to $800.00.

Only account that was a bit hinky I suppose was my $700.00 Mastercard, for some reason it was frozen after I made the first purchase of just $56.00 and paid it off within two days. It was locked from any purchases for about 4 months, then suddenly the block was removed and I was allowed to make purchases. I suppose it is a security thing, example they locked the open loop card, since I did carry higher balances on open looped cards that I also have. Maybe to watch my spending habits, and payment? Either way maybe they saw I was able to handle those accounts, and unlocked it so they could get some of the spending. However I am cautious on using that account too much.

Maybe will wait until I pay down the other major credit lines, and use that one specifically, mostly because I think it has the best rewards. At this moment I have no complaints in regards to Synchrony bank, nor their practices. I know if you pay before a billing statement posts, you're not making payment on time. As a matter of fact many creditors now limit how often you can make multiple payments. So paying early doesn't really do anything other than make you lose track of when your due date comes around.

If you make an early payment, you may as well assume you'll still be obligated to make the min payment after a billing statement. The only time paying early will help you is if you pay the entire balance in full, so as long as it's the grace period. If it's a balance remaining prior to the most recent billing statement, there will most likely be an extra balance owed via interest. Just because one pays the balance doesn't mean it isn't accruing interest payments prior to the statement period.

I think many posters don't understand the concept of how credit works, and more importantly of how interest is applied. If a statement posts, and one misses the due date and a late payment fee is assessed, and let's say min payment is $27.00, but being late there's a $25.00 late fee. And a payment is made, the first thing balanced is the late fee, so the first $25.00 of the $27.00 payment is applied to the late fee, leaving the actual min due of $27.00 reduced only by $2.00, thus often leaving a payment less than the min payment on the balance, that can accrue another late fee. In addition to the the remaining $25.00 due, so the second month making another payment will only apply the first $25.00 to the remaining balance, but still not making the min payment. Nor any other late payment fee.

Thing to understand here is the logic behind how payments are applied as it's based on the particular situation in that moment in time. Assuming something is speculation, understanding how something works is educational. After all the starting balances always are a given grace period, unless otherwise stated. Some of the comments on here are a bit confusing, seem's a lot of in between information is missing? While others I understand are by cause and effect of a debtor.

Danielle

Get expert buying tips about Credit Cards delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

I've had my Synchrony Bank PayPal MasterCard for about 2 months, and I saw the reviews and it freaked me out!!! So I called customer service, and asked, "What influences your credit limit going up or down," and the guy was so well spoken and intelligent and knowledgeable about the subject, I learned a lot!!! Like whether you're buying jewelry versus just food can make a difference to your credit limit, whether you take out a mortgage or maybe just apply for one or like it sounded like he was getting at like what other things can change your assets or spending money. And I am not sure what's going to happen to my credit limit, because I was offered this card after making a big purchase just through PayPal credit, but I've only been using the MasterCard to buy food...

So I hope and pray my years of working hard to build good credit will not be destroyed, because I depend on my good credit for replacing my air conditioner any year now, and replacing my laptop and a year now. :'( But I don't think my credit limit will change, because my mom has had her Amazon credit card, through Synchrony Bank for a couple years, and her credit limit has never changed. But she does carry a small balance, and she does make more material and larger purchases more often than me!!!

Anyway just because I deserve it because of my hard work and because I'll have a good quality of life if my credit limit doesn't go down, I hope and pray that it won't go down just because of some companies greed... So let's all reply to our comments or make new reviews or something just saying exactly what might have influenced your credit line going up or down, and then we can know what to expect more accurately from Synchrony Bank??? Thanks.

Original review: July 18, 2019

Same as everyone else, as you pay down your cards they lower the limit or close your account, they are manipulating your credit score because they are so large many retailers use them so by driving credit scores down they can justify charging you higher rates! That is a predatory lending practice! Someone needs to file a class action against this predator!

Original review: July 18, 2019

We faxed overcharge of bank form 4/26/19. 6/3/19 we were funded $7314 and funds never came through. They held our funds due to our old bank acct was closed. We had already faxed the new acct info. (Claim they never received it) 6/7/19 we had funds $5658 which again were held due to old bank act closed. Then 7/11 we again had funds $4416. This time I was closely monitoring it. The funds never appeared. I called 7/16/19. Made them aware I sent over new bank info sheet via fax and had a successful transmission receipt both times 4/26/19 and 7/16/19. They had me resend the new bank info sheet 7/16/19. Normal process 24-48 hrs. Mind you at this point they claim they notified us via fax which is not true since we are paperless company and have no fax. (So they lied.)

At this point they have been holding $17,388 for 6 weeks a month and a half. I called them 7/16, 7/17, 7/18 each time the amount they were holding went up and each time I was told the funds were released. So normal process is 24-48 hrs and this hold funds process is 3-5 days even longer. So on top of them not actually attempting to contact me the minute they saw we had no fax they are making me wait even longer than normal. Carey in strategic dept was rude, cut me off, spoke over me and blatantly disregarded my frustrations. Refused to give me a mgr. This is unacceptable when I did my part since April and they refuse to rectify their mistake and lack of urgency in the matter! Carey needs people skills and customer service training!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Synchrony Financial (formerly GE CareCredit)?

Original review: July 16, 2019

I had $11,000 credit limit. Had cosmetic surgery. PAID OFF my entire account within 6 months and CARE CREDIT lowered my credit line to $600.00. I have no idea why when my credit score was higher than when I actually applied. I called because I had elected to get botox. I swiped my card and it was denied. That is when I was told my credit limit was decreased due to credit worthiness. IT'S A COMPLETE LIE AND BS. My husband and I paid the credit card off for a higher limit and stronger credit reporting which ended up being a scam. This company wants you to fall behind in payments and elect to pay a higher percent over time to gain more money for the company. It's a complete scam. The company was upset. We paid off our balance interest free and they didn't make money off of us. I WOULDN'T EVER RECOMMEND THIS SCAM OF A COMPANY TO ANYONE!!!! I would love to be included in a a class action lawsuit.

Original review: July 11, 2019

I've always had a Sam's Club credit card (Discover and now MC) along with my business membership. Mostly because you couldn't use any other credit cards until the recent change to allow use any of the major cards in Sam's. When Sam's first switched to Mastercard (Synchrony Financial), things went smoothly until I noticed a late payment fee on about the 3rd statement. I called and explained that I mailed the payment 10 days in advance. They came back with a very rude reply that they can't be responsible for the postal service. And, that the payment is not credited when it is received by them, but when it is actually applied. I persisted and they agreed to remove the charge.

About 6 months passed and I noticed another late fee on my statement. So I called them again and they tried to tell me that because I didn't pay on time I would have to pay the fee. Only....their own statement showed that my payment had been applied 2 days before the due date! When I pointed that out, the CS agent said that it wasn't possible. However since I could show them the documentation, they had no choice but to remove it. Somewhat politely but still no apology.

From that point on, I started to pay in the club so that I could have the documentation of when the payment was applied. Fast forward to today when I got a call from Synchrony Financial, rudely demanding (not asking) to know when I was going to pay my statement. When I replied that I would pay it before the due date as always, the caller responded by stating that I missed my June payment and they wanted to make sure I wasn't going to miss July! What the heck? I had paid my June statement early by mail (Doh!) because I was going to be out of town and wouldn't be able to go by the Sam's Club before then. It showed as paid in my accounting software, and I also scan everything into a database as I pay it so I had the proof of when it was mailed. They say they never received it and so wouldn't remove the late fee. My bank statement also shows that check as un-cleared, so maybe they actually didn't receive it.

But I'm done. Lesson learned. Sam's will allow me to use my main business card (from Costco!) so I will just use that instead. Although I only have anecdotal evidence from myself and other family/friends, my guess is that Synchrony is making most of their profits by imposing late fees and interest (whether deserved or not). A quick internet search will bring up the long list of complaints. After all, the odds are with them since, unless you make a payment in person, through auto-pay, or by registered mail, you can't prove that they didn't receive the payment.

I only lose ($$) but my mom just got hit with a major late fee from Synchrony on a home improvement loan ($$$) for allegedly being 1-day late. She told me the payment was mailed 2 weeks early. So be careful if you have to do business with Synchrony. But, realistically there are so many companies wanting to lend money you don't need them. I wouldn't be surprised if a class action suit is filed in the future against them for these kind of practices. Of course the settlements in those actions are always so small it just serves as a wrist-slap to most of these large companies. Still, I feel better venting a little! ;-)

Original review: July 11, 2019

Please do yourself a favor and do not open up a care credit card no matter how much you need the money. They dangle a zero interest for X amount of months in your face and then slap you with a 40 percent interest rate on the original amount when the "promotion" has ended. You end up paying way more than you originally put down. I had $20 left to pay and the promotion ended and they charged me $2,600 and wouldn't waive it.

I spoke with three people in their customer service and they were all extremely rude, condescending, and talked to me like I was a child. Two of them sounded robotic but they were all hostile. One man berated me for 15 minutes scolding me. I am a 30 year old woman, not a child. This company is a disgusting scam. I have three other credit cards that had "promotions" on them, and they ALL sent me emails and paper statements that clearly defined the end date of said promotions multiple times.

When I confronted Synchrony with this information they told me I needed to open my statement and read the "tiny fine print at the bottom to see when the promotion ended." When I said that they need to be more clear with their promotional dates the manager told me "I will add that to the suggestion box." This is the type of people I am dealing with. I will NEVER use this scam of a service again and I really hope others don't sign up with them either. I am reporting to BBB as well. Also, legally they are only allowed to charge $25 on the first late fee (I have never made a late payment) but they charge $39.

Original review: July 5, 2019

I had made my payment in full and realized that I had missed the promotional card payment by few days, and I was charged interest penalty charges on that. So hoping that as a goodwill, I would get charges reversed, I called up the call center. They were outright rude, I didn’t feel like I was talking to customer care personnel rather a robot reading out lines, even the supervisor was no different. I had other promotional offers with the bank, I made a decision right away to cancel the card. I will not do business with any retail which has credit promotions from Synchrony bank. They sure did lose a customer for life. I will make sure, I will let the retailer know about it as well, why they are losing a customer of 16 yrs.

Original review: July 4, 2019

I first opened my Synchrony account when purchasing a new couch. I was offered 5 years interest free financing. I have paid more than the minimum payment each month, have never been late but noticed I was being charged late fees every month. I contacted them and they told me I always accruing those fees for paying my bill too early. Haha. After conflicting due dates from 2 different representatives I finally got that sorted out, only to find they dropped my credit limit from $1700 to $1200 for no reason, lowering my credit score.

In less than 2 years I’ve paid my balance down from over $1500 to just $300 to find again, they lowered my credit limit to just $350, lowering my credit rating again! This is an awful company to deal with and I do not understand how they can legally keep lowering credit limits when you’ve paid on time, in major excess of your monthly payment. I do not recommend this company what so ever.

Original review: July 1, 2019

I was shocked by their customer service. The woman actually laughed when I said I wanted to speak with someone else. She left me on hold a long time, then I was disconnected! She kept telling me to do the same steps over and over, on the phone, then online, and generally talked to me like a mentally handicapped child. She did not even listen to my actual problem, and kept trying to revert back to some generic formula, as if she was incapable of critical thinking. Their customer service used to be fine, before they transferred it all overseas. Her accent wasn't a problem, though. Her total incomprehension of the concept of customer service was, and is, the issue.

If Synchrony doesn't get its act together, I'm going to have to find a new bank...My actual issue calling in was that they have forced me to re-verify my address through a 30 minute phone call almost monthly for about a year. Their reps used to be quite nice, though. Glitches are one thing; rudeness is something else altogether. I can chalk this up to a bad apple, but one more experience like this, and I'm out.

Original review: June 30, 2019

After many years of paying this account on time, the "institution" closed my account with no good explanation. I spent many many hours trying to get to the bottom of it, and was put on run around. It seems that my paying off the promotional financing didn't allow them to make enough interest off me and I probably wasn't profitable enough for them. Treated me like junk in the end. The humiliation and insults from a desensitized response "team" added insult to injury.

Original review: June 29, 2019

Had for 5+ years card with Walmart/Synchrony to build credit after a bankruptcy. They closed it without letting me know because I hadn’t used it in 9 months. Here I was trying to protect this company due to identity theft. Put a block so thieves wouldn’t steal from them and they drop me! There was no unauthorized use as stated in the letter under reason for closing account. I was trying to protect it!!

So people pages and pages of similar complaints. But someone please tell me what action can we take!!! Are we all just going to take this!!! Does someone legally know if we can do something?? I worked hard to build my credit and for this shady company, to come in a lower all our credit scores? Also might I throw in all you shady non pro-active credit card and department stores companies that allow identity thieves to access our lines of credit without a card, with our social security numbers and fake IDs just walk-in walk out with stolen merchandise leaving us with months of paperwork?? If there are steps so our debit accounts don’t get drained why can’t these other creditors protect us all in similar fashion? Why? Because they can write it off, because they could care less about catching thieves and if God forbid you ever get hacked let me say from personal experience the thieves have more rights than you!

Every card has no real steps in place to help protect your card after being hacked. They lock it like Walmart and you have to call in prior to using that day to “unlock”. How inconvenient is that? Plus management that know nothing. And you standing there holding up the line, pure unnecessary frustration for the consumer!!! So Synchrony is just another casualty of the mess Identity victims have to deal with. But I say again, is there no recourse for this closing your account for an unjustifiable reason? So please do not do business with Synchrony if you care to protect your credit score.A really concerned mom in California!!!

Original review: June 28, 2019

They offer many promotions like 6 months equal pay, deferred interest for 6 months, etc. I use them often. It has been working out very well. Until I used their 12 months equal pay promotion. I used it on a single purchase. But because the 3 items in the purchase at Amazon are from different sellers, each item showed as separate item in the account in the amounts of $196.90, $172.38, and $5.89. So I was expecting to be paying $16.41, $14.37, and $0.49 each month for 12 months. I have other deferred interest promotions on my account. I keep track of them all in a spreadsheet to know how much I need to pay them every month to avoid interests. The 12 months equal pay purchase was done in October 2018. So the items shows up in my November 2018 statement. That's all good and fine.

I made my payments according to my spreadsheet of what I needed to pay for the month of November as well as in December. In January of 2019, I noticed that one of my deferred interest item that was supposed to be paid off, wasn't. And they charged me the full interest amount for that item. I checked my statements and even went back to the November and December statements. Came to find out, they applied my payments to the 12 months equal pay items and paid them off in December 2018. I got on the phone with Synchrony and came to find out their system didn't handle it correctly and that I have to reallocate the payment with them to correct the situation.

Guess what, I have to call them every month since then to reallocate the payment as their system keeps paying off the 12 months equal pay first. I made the purchase in October of 2018. So the 12 months equal pay items should not be paid off until October 2019. it's not even 2019 yet, and they paid off those items. So I figured fine, I'll just keep calling in every month to reallocate the payments. On May 30th, 2019, I called them to reallocate the payments I made. The agent assured me that it'll be taken cared of. Come June 28th, 2019. I checked my account. And the reallocation I requested back in May 30th didn't apply. So another 3 items that had deferred interest expired on June 5th. They charged me full interest on those. So I called them to figure out what was wrong, why didn't the May 30th reallocation applied.

They told me that there's no more reallocation allowed on my account as I had used up the max reallocation allowed. What a BS! I told them, "that's not my problem if your system limitation can't resolve my issue." I'm doing everything your terms say and your system is not doing what your terms say. I have to call every month to correct your system's mistake. And now you're asking me that you can't fix it anymore and in order to refund the interest charge, I have to make an additional payment to cover the expired item that was supposedly be paid off. I need a lawyer. Don't do business with this institution. They are definitely fraudulent and will do anything to trap you.

Original review: June 25, 2019

What credit card company on Earth, in 2019 won’t allow a customer to make a payment online via debit card?!? Synchrony Bank, the monster conglomerate that runs the Lowe’s credit card. I'll be closing my account.

Original review: June 21, 2019

Be aware! I've just had The worse experience with Synchrony Bank. They are not in anyway responsible for account balance issues that occurs because of their system‘s failure! They charge you with extra interests and you can do nothing! You have to pay it! Only thing that they can do when you call is just apologizing! You have to call the customer service constantly and watch your credit all the time. But that doesn’t even solve the problem. Avoid this credit company! It is the biggest mistake to get involve with their credit.

Original review: June 20, 2019

For the last several months now my wife and I have been trying to resolve an issue with a payment dispute. When we made our first payment to Synchrony Financial 3 months ago the payment never reached Synchrony, was stolen from the mail and the check was cashed by an unknown individual. It is obvious this was a crime but our bank honored the check and never really fully reviewed the way it was cashed. In trying to resolve this issue, and before our bank will provide us with a refund of $500.00, our bank has requested that Synchrony respond by letter as well as complete an affidavit stating they never received the payment.

We are now 3 months into this process and Synchrony has never responded to our multiple requests. We have called them numerous times and can never talk to a live person, just a computer. Of all of the credit institutions I have worked with Synchrony has had the poorest customer service that I have ever seen. Ashley Furniture recommended them when we purchased furniture and we will never use Ashley Furniture again. If someone recommends Synchrony Financial for any type of credit transaction I would strongly recommend not to do it.

Original review: June 19, 2019

The only time I have a problem with Synchrony is when I do a balance transfer to pay Synchrony off. The payoff amount posted to my account on the 13th of June yet on the 19th of June Synchrony says, "we know nothing of the payment." Somehow they hold pay-off payments. I decided to go in and schedule another payment for the pay date as I believe they hold balance transfer payments thinking you don't have money and it will make you late. This isn't the first time this happened on a balance transfer. I have the Sam's Club World MasterCard through Synchrony.

Original review: June 12, 2019

I like the 2% rewards but that is all I like. Whenever you call it takes about 5 minutes to navigate through all the menus and get to a person. The problem that Synchrony cannot fix is a crucial issue. They don't send mail to my correct billing address. Because I take my credit score extremely seriously, I find it crucial to be able to receive statements. Ever since 10/24/2017 I have been calling to correct my billing address. The issue is I receive my mail at a BOX, NOT A PO BOX. Synchrony keeps adding the PO in front of the word BOX.

The problem is it is not at a Post Office so the local post office returns the statements and other mailings back to Synchrony. I have been calling since 2017 and it is 2019 and they simply cannot correct it. Today I spoke to a supervisor and then asked for his supervisor who said he corrected it but noted he could see I have been calling since 2017 and it has not been corrected. I suggested he contact their tech department as I suspect they wrote code that always adds "PO" to any address with the word Box in in it. He disregarded that idea all together. I hate this bank!

Original review: June 12, 2019

I've just had my second bad experience with Synchrony Bank. I was notified that I didn't make a payment last month. I called and was connected to a person with a heavy foreign accent. I informed her I had made a payment and had a confirmation number. She said she would check, and came back telling me I had scheduled that payment to next month. But since I had never been late before she would waive the late fee. Here's the kicker, I had to pay $129.00 for some reason she was unable to provide me.

I had a prior wonderful experience with Carecredit (Synchrony). They set up a second account, which I not applied for or had knowledge of. Upon checking my account, I saw no payment due. This was in the dummy account. Therefore I didn't make a payment. Shortly after, I'm notified of a late payment and a large late fee applied. Checking my Care account online, I find two accounts. I called Synchrony and again a foreign accent representative answers. After much discussion with a manager??, the interest fee was cancelled and the dummy account closed. Beware of these scam artists.

Original review: June 11, 2019

I’m am so frustrated with this company. Have had an issue for over a month of a payment of $74! Sent record of payment from bank. Called every week, told it would be fixed. Last night June 10 spoke to a woman that apologized and said payment would be applied. Just called. It’s like starting over. No record of payment and now the balance is double. I have done all that I can but yet every time I call it’s starting from start again. I want to file a complaint against Synchrony bank. I have never had such issues. Horrible. I will never ever use card or company again. I wish I could scream. I’m so frustrated. Please be aware. They have no idea what they are doing there.

Original review: June 10, 2019

Paid my BP credit card ahead of due date and was charged a late fee for paying too early. True and purely asinine! Customer service call was a terrible experience with excessive background noise and person was difficult to understand. Credit card was locked out of use for payment ahead of schedule.

Original review: June 8, 2019

This company prides itself on promo purchases. However, if you try to make an extra payment, you cannot. It will cancel out your other payment and you will get charged ALL THE INTEREST AND FEES no matter what you do!! I called and was told I had to make an extra payment after but that it would cancel the next payment and to read my agreement. This company is shady with their practices. They prey on busy people who don't have time to login every damn month to check that their payments went through. HORRIBLE COMPANY!!

Original review: June 7, 2019

This company is the most illiterate company I have ever seen in my life. They are an awful company, I cannot even call them a bank because they are horrible at their job. This company punishes anyone who pays off their loan. My mom had a rewards card with this "company" and she paid it completely off. They decided to close her account and say that her loan balances was too high. How is the loan balance high when there is a no balance on it. They have illiterate workers there and it is very disgusting. I am extremely upset.

This bank only likes to take advantage of people who has debt and treat ones. This company should be out of business and taken to court for their lack of common sense and poor service. This is absolutely atrocious. I called the customer service and they gave the common BS runaround and sent me to an automated paid service. My voice will be heard. No one should ever have this experience. These greedy companies only want to suck you dry with debt. This bank needs to be sued.

Original review: June 6, 2019

I've waited for over 2 (TWO) hours on their "CHAT" to get someone to chat with me, and they were helpless. When I asked for a supervisor, all I got is a blank screen, and I've been waiting for over an hour again, with nobody to even respond if there's still anyone on the other side, am I in a queue, when I will get some supervisor to chat with me. NOTHING!!! The MAIN problem I have with this clueless bank is that they take money out of my account a few seconds to minutes after I use my card. That is "automatically done", and is as fast as cyberspace could be.

When I pay money into my credit card, it takes them "24 to 72 hours" to "process" the payment. The money is out of my bank account or PayPal balance immediately, but it takes them this long to "process" the payment. And, there's nobody in their stupid "system" who can change or override this! We have become a society of computer/system dependent morons. There is no human touch, no human connection, no human discretion. Just a whole lot of "this is what the computer/system tells us, so this is what we do!" The WORST thing that PayPal ever did is hook up with Synchrony Bank. Their "system" was so much friendlier and easy to use before this move. TERRIBLE MOVE!!!

Original review: June 6, 2019

I had this account for 4-5 years and never missed a payment or was ever late. All balances have been paid off before they were due. Out of the blue, I get notified by my credit watch, that my account was closed. When I call customer service, I get "call the credit bureau." This is outrageous, just because I have some high balances on other cards my credit score dips down, and they completely close the account, even though I had a zero balance. All they tell me is they're sorry I feel that way. I have several other accounts that rely on Synchrony Bank, and I will be zeroing them out and never using a Synchrony product again!

Original review: June 4, 2019

I recently took out a small personal loan to pay off balances on a few small credit cards to improve my credit score, consolidate some small debt and lower my monthly out of pocket expenses. Well I have waiting patiently for everything to report on my credit and today it decreased 38 points! When I looked to see why, it showed my Synchrony account had decreased my credit limit by $500! I was confused as to what I read and thought it was a reporting error but when I returned home and got my mail I had a letter confirming it had been decreased. Apparently, this company punishes its good paying customers for being responsible. I have been a customer for 1.5 yrs and always made my payments on time. What a despicable way to treat your customers.

Original review: June 3, 2019

I got their credit card a 6 month deferred interest for six months. It has been over a month and I still have not received a bill or my Credit Card. I have called them twice and Keep getting the run around. They wont let me pay my bill because I haven't activated my card, but I cant do that until I get it. As soon as I get my bill I'm paying it off in full. I just know they will try and screw me over if I use the 6 month pay off. DO NOT USE THEM!!!!

Original review: June 3, 2019

The ONLY reason you get 1 star is because I can't give 0. Your company deserves a negative star. I am a military widow with 4 kids. I opened up a discount tire account to help ensure emergency help for my car to ensure transportation for my vehicles and safety for my children. I was NEVER LATE. PAID OFF ACCOUNT within months of using. Never making minimum payments. Always paying over to come home to find an account closure notice because I have bad credit. NOT WITH this creditor, not with my mortgage, not with my vehicles but just because my credit score dropped after hospitalization and job changes. It is TOTAL slap in the face that you receive YOUR MONEY TIMELY and then you close the account.

I will consider (I mean why should I if y'all don't respect that I paid off this one and closed it anyways) paying off my other cards with this bank and either way I NEVER USE THEM AGAIN. WHAT A TOTAL DISGRACE. What a scam. If my credit was so bad you should have never given me the card to begin with. Horrible HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE. I will spread this horrible experience and lack of justification for closure with my USMC family as well as whoever else.

Original review: June 3, 2019

For the love of all that is Holy, do not under any circumstances do anything with Synchrony Bank involved. If for any reason you do, I demand that you go through your own bank and file it as a fraudulent charge to get your money back. Those paper checks will never, ever arrive. That's how they make their money - fraudulent credit strangling, and refusing to reimburse you for money paid.

I took on the Amazon Store Card looking to make a purchase. I put down the deposit, and dutifully waited a day or two before doing a little "research" on the provider. When I learned of Synchrony's underhanded tactics, I quickly redecided and attempted to close the card on April 10th. My attempt was "successful", as Customer Service agreed and gave me the total run down on how I could never bank with them again, etc etc. They tell me the account is closed, I hang up, all is good. My check will arrive in 10-14 business days.

They didn't close the account. April 30th rolls around, I get a notice saying that the account is now open and the card is on my Amazon account. I quickly call - at work - to see what's going on. They tell me there's a note on my account that I wanted to close it, but they didn't close it. So they close it - again - and I get an email it's closed. 10 to 14 business days for my money back. That's an average of 20 days, mind you. This passed, and I was on the 40th day of waiting. I called again, very much frustrated, and spoke with a supervisor. "Oh! We have the wrong address on the account - it's *the exact address*!" I tell them that it's correct, they reaffirm it's not. They cancel the previous check, and issue a new one. How long will it take? "Oh, 10 to 14 business days."

Today, I called my bank. I calmly asked for the Fraud Department (Chase Bank, by the way), and I was soon talking with a wonderful man. He listened to my story, agreed that it's a fraudulent charge, revoked it - from nearly sixty days ago - and told me that my account would be credited the $500 and that all I'd have to do is sign a paper in the mail, and drop it off at my local bank. Thank God for Chase. They saved me.

Synchrony Financial Company Information

Synchrony Financial (formerly GE CareCredit)
www.synchronyfinancial.com