Synchrony Financial (formerly GE CareCredit)

Compare Credit Card Companies

Research top Credit Card Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

They should be sued – put out of business! Seems what they are doing is unethical and illegal! I have read many posts about people with the same problems that I have had with them!!! They will lower your credit limit without warning (for no reason other than your overall credit score has lowered and no payments to them are even late) therefore making your balance over the credit limit, charged an over the limit fee and using 100% of your credit limit! Thus reducing your credit score! Which if you have more than one account with them, the next card will do just the same! I had a small Belk card, paid on time, limit 500.00, balance 118.00. Reduced my limit to 100.00! Boom! Over the limit, fees charged, credit score reduced! No warning! I have paid them off. Will NEVER use this bank again! Anyone interested in a Class Action Lawsuit!??

Well at least when I look on this website I see plenty of others experiencing the same issues I am with Synchrony Bank. They are rude, they lie, they are very informal with their own processes, and without explanation. My credit line was decreased. Funny, other credit card companies were giving me offers and yet another major creditor just increased my credit. No formal letter, no explanation - But when I called them - I get a non-English speaking rep. from some place in Florida. I find that hard to believe.

I was told, my payment was late - Sure, that was my fault - But my balance was - Paid in Full. I asked Synchrony to consider removing any LATE fees if any exist - "No Sir, no late fees, but I noted this on the account. Let me talk with a supervisor. Sir, Sorry to keep you holding, my supervisors said we will note this on the account and remove all late fees as a..." Well you get the idea...

Months go by - And NOW - I get a debt collector telling me that I owe almost 200.00 from the time I closed the account back in November/December 2016. No formal letter, no notification - But wait - The Debt collector tells me - "Synchrony Bank tried emailing you." Really? Since when does a bank discuss personal matters with an email account? The debt collector can send a formal letter but a Large Bank can't afford a print out statement? That's interesting. So this will probably go nowhere. I have already tried on several attempts to contact the bank only to get rerouted to a disconnect or someone you can barely understand.

I have been a loyal customer of Lowe's for over a decade but I'm going to stop shopping there due to Synchrony bank being who holds their accounts! As the last person stated they are constantly dropping my credit limit when I have paid as agreed. I'm very OCD about my financials. I call to make sure what's due and they the automated systems tells me that no payment is due then I start getting collection calls and a late fee, when my account had nothing on it at the time! I tend to pay it off in full every month! They have screwed my credit due them constantly dropping my limit! Debit to credit ratio! I've written a letter to the B.B.B. over their poor business practices! Any good lawyers want a client to go after them I'm the perfect example of what their customer loyalty and service is like!

I just wanted to write a review about CareCredit company. First of all am here not only to make a complaint, but also want to inform people for the sole purpose to educate them and be on the watch by this predatory companies in which like to prey on hard working people. On 4/12/2017 I had to make an emergency visit to the dentist for a toothache on my 3rd molar tooth on my right side. I went to my local dentist office and I was charged $1800 for a root canal and crown which I believe is extremely expensive despite I had no pain, I made a $300 payment plus visit fee. Due to the fact that I didn't had the money I decided to use CareCredit for the sole purpose to get my procedure done and not get into the point where I would suffer a toothache. After the payments my dentist told me that my minimum payments would be $58 a month through CareCredit and my first due date would be 5/5/2017.

I receive my statement and guess what I had a bill for $85 a month. While checking the statement I saw that CareCredit was charging me interest and am not even late. It's only my 1st payment and I am being charged for Credit, Fees & Adjustments for $27.50 and a Interest Charge of $8.77. How in the hell I get charge interest and it my first payment? Can someone explain? I decided to contact my dentist to confirm if they made a mistake and they provided me documentation in which was filed correctly, so I contact CareCredit and no one answered. All I get is dial tone machine, but no key to speak to a representative.

After reading my statement I believe I sign a deal with the devil himself (Dave Fasoli CEO of CareCredit). They charged deferred interest. I am extremely angered and sadden that this con artist Dave Fasoli is willing to put people through this. My advice to anyone who reads this do not get CareCredit. Is a scam! SYNCHRONY FINANCIAL IS THE BIGGEST CORPORATE GREEDY COMPANY THAT IS WILLING TO SCREW YOU TO FILL THEIR POCKETS. Any legal advice to deal with this? I will continue to make payments regardless, but I am not happy I will owe this amount or more.

I have been having a Wal-Mart credit Card for several years. A couple of months ago I was reviewing my credit card statement and learned that Credit Cards Services was charging me $12.65 for a protection plan just in case I lose my job per the company. I explained that I had not signed up for it and I wanted them to discontinue that services and the lady agreed. They credited my account $400.00. I was told after she credited my account that the reason I was able to get the card because of the protection coverage. No one had ever told me that. Nevertheless, in two months, my credit limit was dropped, I was told after they reviews my account it was necessary. It's so sad that these people are making money off consumers basically saying, "I need you to pay me more money for this credit card." I refuse to keep paying for something I will not use. I want the decision to be mine since I am paying and not the company.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GE Washing Machines?

I have a Walmart account with them. I was late 2 times this year. They reduced my credit limit to 800. I owe them like 50 dollars less than that. So here is my problem with this whole pile of BS. The letter states that other factors caused them to reduce my limit from 3000 to 800 which means other accounts on my credit report that have nothing to do with this account at all. There is no such thing as fair credit reporting anymore. Is all lies. I contacted them and no one could tell me what specific thing cause this only that it was a good business decision and that it would not be corrected.

I would have not had an issue if they would have reduced it to 1400. At least I would not have been at 100%. It makes no sense to me how this helps them in the long run. All they have done is cause my score to drop worse than it already was. I am not telling you my score is great. It is not but to put me at 100% is just low down and dirty. I wish someone could really do something with these credit card companies like Synchrony Bank. Just another dirty bank.

This banking system is flawed and insensitive. Both parents went into two separate ER rooms, ICU rooms, morgue, funerals and finally double burials beginning Feb 6, 2017. I having slept by my parents side while one in morgue the other pronounce dead held on life support. I still drove 100 miles home to take care of my personal affairs and paid Walmart account 300.00 and minimum payment 25.00. Yes two payments. Funerals 2/27/2017.

March two payments 350.00 and minimum payment 25.00. Switch my banking of all my credit cards and forgot my auto payment to Walmart in the amount of 25.00. So that meant 3 payments each were initiated for the month of Feb and March. I get the April schedule payment ahead of time for April 26 NSF, unnoticed and scheduled one for May 3, 2017. Caught that only Walmart payment was scheduled in the wrong account but they still were paid two payments in one month passed the minimum. The account was closed yesterday, although I was told that it closes after 3 NSF. I have proof of deaths, but most of all they got two payments and passed the minimum. They closed the account anyway.

I feel like there was absolutely no compassion, no attempts review my bank statements and obituaries stamped by the county; nothing. Stay away from this bank. I will wait to see what happens to my credit. I was so caught up that I made more than three payments to Walmart and that was not even appreciated or recognized. I forgot to delete third payment each month.

I receive by mail a refund check from this bank for $1.02 and I call them for credit to my account and they say no. I went to Walmart to use for buy and also cashier not want. I go to customer service for cash and they want $3.00 for cash them. I not understand Synchrony between Walmart and Synchrony Bank for this nonsense idea from this business.

I have had this card for over 3 years. I have never had a late payment. EVER. I usually made multiple payments in a given month more than the minimum payment. I had a credit limit of $2800 until I checked this morning and it was lowered to $2200. When I chatted with the online chat rep all he could say was he was sorry and that I would get a letter in the mail. I told him I was sorry for him that he works for such a terrible company that treats its loyal customers this way. My last balance was $1700, way below the credit limit. I asked for one increase to my limit last month - my scores (all of them) were above 670. They refused to increase. (Ironically, 3 of my other credit cards granted my credit increases - all soft pulls). Currently, I am making payments to my vet for a surgery due to the fact they would not increase my limit so I could use this card.

I am so done with this card. Also, they do not allow you to transfer your balance to a credit card with lower interest rates and you must pay in cash every time. I have 7 open c.c accounts - all in great standing and one collection (paid in full - one month after it was reported - over 3 years ago). I have also paid off 2 bank loans and one student loan in the last 3 years in full. So, I don't really understand why they did what they did to my credit decrease - live and learn and I will pay off this card asap. If anyone even thinks about getting this card, DO NOT DO IT. You are better off getting a secured or higher interest sub-prime credit card than this one. The interest rates with those cards are actually lower than this card. My interest is 29.99% and they never lower it no matter what you do. So, again...do not never get this card!

I had a acct two years ago and paid in it monthly until I fell on hard times. They contacted me last year about paying on my acct. I explained my situation to them and they rudely said they couldn't do anything and that I needed to pay 2000 dollars to them as a payment the same day like someone has that much for a payment! I asked to get out on a payment plan. They still said no and said they would see me in court. Needless to say I got a subpoena on my front door to go to court for the original CareCredit Amour and they already sent garnishment papers to my employer to take money next Friday and the court date isn't until 09/30/2017.

This company is sheer fraud and purposefully deceitful. I was guaranteed that I would not pay interest. I have since paid triple in interest payments than the original credit payment. I cannot log onto my account to see what I have been charged because I do not have an account number and I have no way to figure out my account number. They will not give you this info over the phone even if you give them your social sec #, address, phone, etc. I have tried for years to access my account online, but they always say something to prevent me from logging onto my account to see what they are charging me for. I have sent several emails inquiring about my balance. No response. Ever. They will not allow you to access your own account easily because they know that are cheating you and you will call them out.

They are now telling me that the rules of the original agreement changed and they, of course, sent an email stating this. I have no record of this and when you change the rules of a contract, you must have a signature. I cannot access account, I cannot find out what I have paid, been dealing with them for years and I just had THREE "supervisors" hang up on me. They don't even let you speak, they just speak over you. Unbelievable lack of customer service. Yes, when someone starts a class action lawsuit, please include me because this is, by far, the most deceitful and most unprofessional company I have ever dealt with.

This company is trying to ruin everyone's credit. They drop your line of credit even if it is paid as agreed. If it is due on the 10th and you pay on the eleventh they are after you. This is so unfair. I hope someone goes after them. You also cannot understand the customer service people and they are very nasty.

I purchased 3 mattress sets from Mattress Firm. They say if you don't like the mattresses there is a full money back guarantee minus $150 for pick up as long as all is handled within 30 days. I returned one set to the tune of $1649.00 and paid the $150 for pick up. Mattress Firm had just this one bed on it... The other two were paid in full at time of purchase. This was June 27, 2016. Come August of 2016 I was in a dispute with Mattress Firm, who kept sending me to Synchrony Bank.

On August 23, 2016 Mattress Firm sends me a -0- balance with a letter that copies off to Synchrony Bank. Stop billing. It is now April 20, 2017 and Synchrony won't stop billing me... I have a past due balance of 61.36 that they want to negotiate with me and keep 24.36 on fees that I did not incur... I fax them the full package of information every single month. I will ask to see who is financing anything from here on out, as I sure won't buy something if this company is involved. I am now going to (once again) dispute the charges.

I was issued cards from Toys "R" Us - $800, J. C. Penney - $500, Home Furniture store $3000. All cards were opened between 2013-2014 and all paid off either same billing cycle or within 3 months for the furniture. Once Synchrony took over I was notified one by one and within weeks of each other that the account was closed due to serious delinquency on my report. How odd since nothing had changed. Since then, I've had other creditors increase my credit limits and another grant me a $1000 limit. I think this bank targets people who can't manage their cards! Needless to say, I haven't shopped at those stores since my accounts have been closed.

I opened this account to purchase two pieces of furniture. The first was a very inexpensive platform bed - bought with the plan to pay it off in 3 months. They advertised 6 months same as cash. Months one and two I received email notification of payment due. I paid them 150 each of those months. My April payment came due - no notice was received. On the day it was due, they located my chair that matched a previously purchased discontinued loveseat. I went in to the store and purchased the chair, paid my deposit and nothing was mentioned that the April payment was due.

Today I received an email notice that I missed a payment - I could not get online to make my final 150 payment on the bed (they were sorry for the inconvenience). When I called, I was told that they wanted the 16 dollars plus an additional 65 dollars as late payment. Seriously. I told them I was paying a total of the remaining balance on the bed. They refused to take it without me paying it - and the missed payment - and 65 dollars for late payment. I finally got online and it refused to let me pay less than this amount. I paid the 157.00 payoff all the while knowing that they have added 81 dollars to the cost of a 400 bed. The chair will be paid off in 2 payments and this account will be closed. I will not make another purchase at Rooms to Go cash, charge or otherwise.

It's been a year since I've tried to end the "relationship" with Synchrony. I got an Old Navy credit card in 2012 and the lack of customer service and extreme hoops to jump through with Synchrony Financial has been a pain from the very beginning. Rarely are you connected with a representative who you understand and who understands you in return, the representatives are NEVER familiar with the policies or conflict resolution, and you will always been transferred multiple times because no one knows how to resolve issues based on their level of training and abilities. Never once have I spoken with a representative who was polite or helpful. I've been hung up on more than 5 times, the automatic system is poorly designed, online account access is not user-friendly, and written complaints go unanswered.

Customer concerns, comments, and complaints are completely ignored and every interaction is negatively escalated by representatives of Synchrony because they don't want to help customers in the first place. Also, your cards and accounts will be deactivated without notice or reason. Twice my card has been deactivated six months before the expiration date without a mail, email, or phone notice prior to the deactivation. Synchrony is a poor representation of all brands affiliated with it: Old Navy, Gap, Athleta, Banana Republic, Amazon, Wal-Mart, etc. These are reputable stores/brands in the United States and I am concerned for the brands' reputation. I wish to bring awareness to the lack of support and good business practices of Synchrony Financial which reflect poorly on these businesses.

Unfortunately, these businesses are associated with Synchrony Financial and most customers will not make a separation of the two and the companies/businesses will take the brunt of the complaints and negative representation. Save yourself the excessive amount of interest rates, poor customer support, and intentional inconveniences that force you to pay additional charges despite responsibly paying your monthly bill. Synchrony Financial has no morals, does not stand for the people, and is a terrible representation of American companies and brands.

I called Synchrony Bank for a $500 credit limit increase on my Walmart Credit Card with 17% interest. I got denied. Hung up the phone and called Synchrony Bank with my Care Credit card that has 36% interest and instantly got a $2000 increase. RIP OFF!!!

In November 2015 I purchased my very first home. I incurred high balances on several of my accounts as a result of renovations and making the house our home. I also sustained a small injury and a small medical debt while renovating. Needless to say these things caused my credit score to drop. I’ve been paying everything down as best I can ever since and have never been late on a payment. But every time I make a substantial payment towards my Synchrony accounts they lower my credit limit to just above what the new balance is. This makes it look like I continue to have high balances on my accounts which keeps my score low. Then because my score is low, they lower my limit on another account and so on.

So far I have 3 accounts that they’ve done this to. One of which has dropped from a $4500.00 limit down to $1700.00. They are the only creditor that I have that insists on doing this kind of shady business. I am not being treated as a customer, I am being treated as a number or better yet, a risk. I have filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and am waiting for Synchrony to contact me in regards to this issue.

This bank is a joke! They own several store credit cards for example Walmart, Old Navy, Amazon! There should be a law against the way they practice business. I have been battling with them for months regarding my Amazon credit card. I started out with a 300 credit limit and they raised it to $1300, which I never even came close to! I received a letter from them in March stating they were cutting my limit down from 1300 to 430 of course after I had paid the entire balance off on my card! They then reported to the credit bureaus that I had gone over my limit! I never ever went over my limit, was late with a payment, or missed a payment! They refuse to fix this problem!!!

I am still battling with them and now to add insult to injury they closed my Old Navy account that I didn't even owe any money on! They sent a letter saying my credit report was derogatory! There is NO NEW DELINQUENCIES on my credit report!!! The same info that was on it when I opened my account is the same info on it now!!! This makes me angry! When I called they claim it is because I haven't used the account!!! They are fraudulent and rude and they treat their loyal and good customers horribly! I can see if my payments had lapsed or if my balance was high, but they lower your limit and close accounts when you pay your bills and your account is in GOOD STANDING??? I cannot believe this! How awful! I am so angry. And reporting false information to the credit agencies? They are ruining my credit!!! How can they get away with this!!???

I am furious!! I have five Synchrony bank credit card accounts, all in good standing... including my Amazon prime card... I just noticed that I have been charged for a card security fee for over a year now and I never authorized it to be added to my account!! I do not add any of that kind of stuff to any of my cards. I am checking my other SYNC BANK CREDIT CARDS now to see if they have any charges on them and then I am calling in and demanding a full refund be given to me... I will update my progress, if any.

I applied for, and was approved for, a $500 limit on this card. My first use was for a rescue dog that came to us beat up from a fight with another dog at the last foster home. It cost me $78 or so, which I paid with next SSDI check before the bill was even due. I received my next bill, and it said I still owed for that amount. Called their customer service and was informed that no payment had been received, however I paid using their online service, and my own bank confirmed that their payment had been taken out.

We then rescued a puppy, just 6 weeks old, who had been attacked by the mother and needed surgery to remove her eye. This used up the rest of my available balance (odd since they say they turn you off for missed payments). We then repeated the process, with me making payments, and them claiming I hadn't. I finally stopped sending them money, telling the customer service rep that I had already paid them $600 for a $500 line of credit, and that my bill was now over $900. It recently went to collections, and I called the agency and informed them of the situation. Their response was that I needed to take it to court, but they would continue after me for payment, as it was their business.

If you think this card might be for you, I hope you have the money to throw away, because I live on Disability, and can't afford to send a quarter of my monthly income to some company that cant keep track of their payment history.

Had a card through them for Rooms to Go. Got a couch 3 years ago, then got a table a year ago. Literally as soon as we paid the balance to 0, they turned the card off, which caused our credit score to drop significantly. Closed Our Account For No Reason.

At first, Care Credit was a great way to finance expensive dental work. Last use was for emergency services to save our dog at intensive care unit. But the company floated our due date and we missed a payment by two days. They hit us up with a 29% interest rate - on all charges ever made, even ones already paid!! Suddenly, we owed $4000 in interest - more than the principal on the account! GE, once a reputable company in my book, is evil. Tried to reason with them, but they would not budge.

I had a Walmart and J.C. Penney and Amazon card through Synchrony Bank, I paid off Walmart and J.C. Penney and went and charged $200, when I was checking my balances on my cards Synchrony Bank closed my Walmart card and decrease my credit limit from $800 to $150. They also decreased my credit on my Amazon to $650. When I called them they told me they closed my card because of my bankruptcy that was filed in 2011. I got these cards in 2015 with my bankruptcy on my credit report. This bank is a fraud. Once you pay off the balance they screw your credit by closing the accounts. I was told by a banker the best way to increase your credit is by paying off a card and reusing it and keeping a low balance. Now they have affected my credit report. I called them but I never get any answers. I ask to talk to a manager and they just keep transferring me to people that can't answer my questions.

We had a credit card with CareCredit, use it for dental, vets, for my pets. I paid my account in a regular monthly payments. I would pay more than my regular payment. I owed close to 700$ my balance. I paid it completely off, thinking in case I would need it for dental, vision or even taking my pets to the vet. I was having my 15-year-old daughter eyes exam. As she has a condition in the eyes requiring glasses. I was OK with it considering I had CareCredit card, and had way beyond more on the card to pay for the glasses. To my surprise they had closed my account. After just paying it completely off after 3 months. I called them from the doctor’s office in hopes it was a mistake, only to find out yes my account was close due to inactivity. Just 3 months.

I never ever missed a payment. Always paid my bill way before it was due and more than required payment. I made 3 calls to make sure as I got not only rude help from not being able to understand someone was telling me. My last and final call, I ended up having was really with the lady, as she said our credit score had dropped too low, I ask "What?" Yes it dropped ‘cause they close out my account. If anyone ever made a payment in time we did. This bank that controls these credit cards. Please stay away, you never know what you will be getting into. I was only glad I was at a place where, I could have come the next day to pay, instead being a dentist or a VET. Having my pets taken care of. Luckily, I had just gotten paid and was able to pay for my daughter glasses.

They embarrassed me, I was so upset the rest of the day, made me sick. I have high blood pressure, and I was in a very terrible condition, with my nerves I could not eat or anything. Could not understand why after regular pays and paying off. No notice, no phone call or anything. Be careful if you don't want embarrassed. It’s a shocker. This careful card company with several different credit cards, Lowe’s, Walmart and CareCredit is one big joke. They get enjoyment cutting people off. If I had missed payments and far behind I could have understood. Beware.

With all of the changes with Obamacare, many people have lost their medical/dental insurance. CareCredit would seem like a great option for people to finance the dental work that they need performed. But why has this company gotten so many bad reviews. Well, it probably has a lot to do with Synchrony Bank. I got a Toys R Us credit card with Synchrony Bank. I made ONE $30.00 dollar charge and when everything was over, I had ended up paying them nearly $250.00.

What is so hard about giving credit-worthy people, the means to pay their dental/medical work and then have them pay back this money with affordable monthly payments with interest? It's as simple as that. I was at the dentist and was given a CareCredit brochure to pay for the dental work that my insurance company wouldn't approve. With all of the bad reviews that I have read about CareCredit and Synchrony Bank and with my own bad experience, I am going to have go around with half-done dental work.

I have Had a Chevron/Texaco gas card for Over 20 years, I have never made one Payment late, for years I consume Chevron Gas for my Personals cars and when I had a business my Business cars, then Synchrony Bank took over the Account. The First thing that happened was 3 times my Card Number was stolen they blame the gas Station, I made the owner aware yet the ID theft Continue. My Gas takes 40-45 dollars to fill up. I no longer consume hundreds of Dollars a month as I used to. But the bills for 120-150 Kept coming. I reported it each time and they knew what stations the card was been used and where I usually Gas up, so they credit my account 3 times, all of the sudden they cancel my card for non payment and told me when I Called that I had paid late 3 times.

When I told her that I had the Confirmation number with the dates I paid usually a week before due, she said she would look into it to pay $35 I owed plus 120 Late fee, I said I was not late and I would not pay it, I paid the $35 I owe 15 days before due. They still close my account, person on the Phone Very Rude. If a class A Suit is Brought against Synchrony or any Federal action Brought Count on Me. They probably reported it to the Credit Bureau where my Score was over 800 or I will take them to small Claims Court and sued for punitive Damages!!!

I have been an account holder for 5 years. I always overpay my payments and I make frequent payments over the minimum due, if not I pay in full. I missed a payment on the due date because I just made a payment to them. They do not count other payments as or towards the monthly payment. Bank denied payment to them I made 3 payments in a months time! I was 3 days overdue the payment date and they closed my account. In 5 years never being late and overpaying balance due! 3 days, had I known I would have made the payment! But they just cancelled the account, customer service could care less about helping a customer.

I have excellent credit, never missed a payment and often made multiple payments a month to keep balance down! I am a good customer of Amazon.com and they lost me!!! Customer service could care less!! I was also charged a late fee because I was 3 days past the minimum due. I received email from them thinking it was phishing saying I was late on account (3 days) and reported it to Synchrony fraud site! "They said pay off your balance in full and reapply for a new card," Good bye! I just couldn't believe it! Just really bad helping customers and a really bad reflection on Amazon. I spend over 6 figures a year on Amazon.com and that is done! Do not use Synchrony Bank! Ever!!

Multiple times Synchrony has put hold on my Credit account with no basis explained. There was one returned payments due to bank account not found even when same account number has been used for more than a year. Customer manager accepted a system glitch at their end. They mention they have authority to put a hold on any account. For what? My payments have been on time, my bank has released the payment and none of my payments have been reverted ever. Customer service just reads the script and rejects the idea to think out of box even when it's their mistake. Very frustrated.

Just received a notice in the mail Synchrony is canceling my Amazon account due to low credit score and too many revolving accounts. Yes my credit score isn't the greatest. It's in between. I was never late and the card was actually paid in full for at least 6 months now. They are not hurting me by cancel a high interest credit card but I also have care credit through them for over 5 yrs and am now waiting to see if they cancel that account or lower the credit line like some are saying have happened to them. I have a small balance on it but like always payments will be on time and paid off shortly. I will not be dealing with this company much longer. If I'm not delinquent, and carry no balance why worry about stuff in my credit report that does not pertain to your account. Beware of this company... Run before you do business with them.

Synchrony Financial (formerly GE CareCredit) Company Profile