Find a Credit Cards partner

formerly GE CareCredit

1.3/5 (158 ratings)
Find a Credit Cards partner

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

About Synchrony Financial

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

Synchrony Financial Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Synchrony Financial?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Synchrony Financial (formerly GE CareCredit)?

Original review: June 14, 2021

Synchrony Bank is a great bank! They make things so easy to do all my credit needs online. If I ever have a problem or a question and I call in, the wait time to speak to somebody is never very long and the employees are always happy to help. The app is easy to navigate and I always know where I am in regards to my loans and payments. I’ve only been with Synchrony for about a year and a half and I wished I’ve been with him much longer than that! I refer all my family and friends to send Craig and that says how much I like them!

Original review: June 5, 2021

I am pleased to have multiple accounts with Synchrony which makes it helpful when transacting with one specific account (i.e. Amazon). To establish credit was extremely easy and making payments is as well. To date I have not had an issue with any of my Synchrony accounts and recommend this institution to others.

Get buying tips about Credit Cards delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2020

This card is a perfect card for you to keep and use for all of your day to day needs. It is also great for your big items. It is easy to use and the billing is right on and easy to read. I love this card.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2020

The rewards are the highlight of this credit card. I like that it can be used for groceries, gas, food, etc in addition to healthcare. The APR is quite high at 21% but I pay for purchases made each month instead of using my debit card and get cash back or gift cards as a bonus.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2020

I recently subscribed to this new card and so far has been great. I also are able to accumulate the points and they are generous with them. Since I pay my CC in full I can use those points for birthday or Christmas gifts for my 20 grand and 7 great grand kids.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2021

We bought some furniture from La-Z-Boy, but I cringed when I saw who their credit was through. This might be the worse credit institution ever. I have been trying for OVER 1 week to just activate their credit card, which I have to do to create an account. Call number to activate and it says have to talk to a "representative". Have been on hold for hours never getting through. Easy to see why they have a one star review average. You have to really be bad to have one star. My guess it would less than that if you could put 0 stars. Stay away from this group if you can.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2021

I contacted them in reference to never having received my card even though it has been a almost a year and I've made numerous request for an actual card. Not only did the representative lock me out of my online account, she never processed my payment and was very rude. I'm done with this incompetent customer service.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2021

I received a promotional mail from this bank to open a Synchrony Premier Mastercard, spend $1000 for the first 90 days and receive $100 bonus. However, I spent over $1000 but no rewards after the 1st billing. I contacted this bank and mentioned the bonus $100, and they replied to wait for another billing cycle. I waited till the 2nd, nothing, and they said waited for another one. Now, the 3rd. When I contacted them, they said my account does not have this promotion offer. They are just lying. I would not had known this cheating bank if they had not mailed me the promotion offer. Now they refuse to give me the opening bonus. Cheater.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2021

I have had four existing accounts that were bought or changed to Synchrony Bank. I have all four set up on autopay for months or years. in the past three months synchrony keeps sending notices that payment received and then payment reversed, I call and confirm all of my information with them they confirm it is correct in the system and I have to make four payments with my debit card. (Same account that the autopay is on) only to go through the same thing next month and next month. Once these accounts are done i will close all accounts with Synchrony Bank even though I used the department store accounts a lot.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2021

I recommend never using this bank. After getting credit with them they say they have the rights to go through your credit report at any given time they want without your permission and cancel your accounts whenever deemed necessary. They canceled my account without any due process by illegally obtaining my credit report without my permission so I would not recommend Synchrony Bank to any individual that wants to protect their credit rating.

Synchrony Financial Company Information

Synchrony Financial (formerly GE CareCredit)
    www.synchronyfinancial.com