1.00/5
  • 1 star
Based on 145 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Synchrony Financial (formerly GE CareCredit)

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Jan. 19, 2018

497 Synchrony Financial (formerly GE CareCredit) Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

I DID have very good credit for many years, spent a long time working hard on it since I was young, & saw my sister go through credit issues. Have always been careful, my spouse was impressed with my credit rating when he found out! All those years, all shot with a very horrible, seemingly unending dispute between my bank & Amazon over many mysterious charges. This resulted in the bank ruling in our favor, & crediting our account, apparently not in Amazon's favor. I then received an e-mail from Amazon that my account was frozen & that I owed them $40. I didn't know why, & couldn't of course log in to my account to determine anything.

Then I received a collection letter from Synchrony bank saying that I had an Amazon credit card, & that I owed over $500! I was astounded. Again, I couldn't log into my account, but had already alerted Amazon about the first mistake, then about this one, & of course both times was told that I owed them money, & there'd be no resolution until they received it. Turned out the amount totaled the entire amount that our bank had credited us from Amazon, but how was Amazon able to begin using a credit card in my name, without any knowledge, authorization from me, & use it over & over again on orders on an account that was frozen & that I could not use & had been told by Amazon when it was frozen that I would not be able to buy/order anything from them anymore! I cannot log into the account still for any of my account information, but do still have these emails.

I've tried discussing with Synchrony & Amazon with no luck, & have received reports about my credit being demolished, so I asked for a freeze on my credit while the issue is being disputed. I've no clue what I can do, but after reading so many other reviews (after the fact!!!) I hope that others will take caution with Amazon, or any stores, anything with their credit, & keep all of your info logged, receipts, & emails, & double copy everything, & when it comes to financial/security issues, be cautious first, instead of trusting. Be careful. I doubt individuals who can't buy out a business or government can win against a company like Amazon, so hold on to anything that should be secure, & don't ever let your guard down. I've learned a valuable, yet disheartening lesson, & God only knows where it will go from here!

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

Bad, I've been so patient but it really sucks that there's no actual solution, at first I got approve and then they closed my account for further purchases. They said you suppose to receive a password on the mail so I found it and give it to them, then they said it's expired let us send you another one, I call back. They said I need to talk to fraud department. We talked. They said I will receive a package on the mail, never got it.

Called back and they’re send a package, call back and they’re send a package, I gave up, I been sending my payments but this moth I got a late fee charge, so I called and they said they can't remove it, even though I did send the payment on time, so pretty much it's like you guys just flip people off, then I saw I had $115.77 rewards earned and I wanted to retrieve that so I talk to another representative and says I can't because they can't re open the account that I needed to wait for another a package they'll re-send, I’m tire of just been boss around, this is so unprofessional coming from a bank.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

Frustrated, I felt like there is a deal between the store and Synchrony bank to RIP-OFF poor people's money. Set up a payment method for 24 months to pay off before interest rate starts and they are charging me $1262.36 interest rate for $980. I am ready to solve lots of people's problem. I will take them to court. They are stealing money from your pocket. I will announce the court date if you have the same problem please email me at **. All I need is to sign a disclosure and no attorney fee. Thank you.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

BEWAREEE! Only got this Care Credit account to help build my credit. They messed up my perfect score and lied and had no reason to why their online system was continuously not taking my payments. After scheduling payments with issues in November 2017. I was checking my credit since Capital One helps you track your score. I was so Dismayed and Stressed to see that something Disastrous had happened to my credit within 30 days. This small balance which was something I thought would be a build to my credit because of the small balance had reported me as being late.

I knew there was something horribly wrong and sent an email from their own website which has my account information stating that I been scheduling and rescheduling payments over and over and it's sending me emails stating it's received my payments and obviously isn't working. No one ever got back to me so I called and of course the agent is someone who doesn't understand anything about banking, finance, credit, or even billing and technical issues; she was useless. So, then I'm sent to a Manager who is just as incompetent.

I am going to obviously get a lawyer and all of the drama. All over a $300 line of credit. Just, "I don't know, and just because you schedule a payment to be taken out and we don't isn't our problem". Isn't gonna cut it. I don't know why I have to fight even when I'm doing right. I wish I would've never did business with them. O, and they refused to open a ticket or even see if their system is failing online or maybe it was intentional which is what I believe after checking on their reviews on here. I need anyone who wants to fight back on this let me know. This is a disgrace. Why would I keep scheduling payments with my bank account for you to take payments and you don't then report me and ruin my credit.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

This being the 4th time having to call them to send me a bill and then they charge me a late fee cause they're screw up crooks to try and screw customers and then still say it's not their fault. Send me a bill and I'll gladly pay it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Synchrony Financial (formerly GE CareCredit)?

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018
A local furniture store here, Ashley's Furniture, sold me a chair that I could make INTEREST FREE payments on. The payments were to Synchrony Financial.

I believe I was late on one payment. They told me to pay a little late fee to cover it and it would be settled. I did and was never late again. Then one day I decided to just pay it off with a credit card. I figured I probably owed $200 or so. Well they said that I couldn't pay it off like that, which was weird because there was zero interest. You'd think that it would be in their best interest to just let me pay it off.

Well I thought nothing of that, and just kept paying on it. Then I got a call telling me that I was late on a payment again. I told them that I could show them on my bank account where I made the payment. And they said that our payment tripled and because I haven't been paying that it was technically late. I have no idea when it's supposedly tripled and they're telling me that I owe double the entire price of the chair, even though I should have it almost paid off. They are threatening to send it to the collection agency and I don't care. I refuse to pay them. I want them to try to take me to court for over this.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

I am not sure what to call this letter, a Complaint/dispute. Writing this with utmost frustration and disappointment on Synchrony Bank. A Bank that works without proper process is what comes in my mind as I think about my experience with this bank. I applied for Walmart Credit card which was instantly approved and given a credit line of $500. While submitting the application I forgot to include the apartment number in the address field and hence I called up Walmart/Synchrony again to update it. But I am not sure why it was considered as fraud. Anyways some random guy from Synchrony Fraud department called me and said they have put a hold on my account until I share them my address and ID proof. He asked me to wait for the correspondence I may receive from Synchrony Bank to send the proofs. And as per the instructions from him I waited for further communication from Synchrony Bank.

Meanwhile I happened to visit the Old Navy store and came across their credit card features and applied for that in store and boo! It was instantly approved, and a piece of paper was given to me with the approved credit line of $1000. I was not initially aware that both Walmart and Old Navy are handled by Synchrony Bank. After this incident I got a letter from Synchrony Bank saying that my accounts at Walmart and Old Navy are closed as they are unable to verify my SSN and address. I still did not receive any correspondence from Synchrony bank as the customer care guy from Fraud department said. I was so confused about what is happening. I owe Old Navy some amount and hence I called up Old Navy to check what is happening and how I make the payment for the things that I purchased the other day. They said I would receive a statement by the end of this month with an account number to make the payment online.

I asked the lady what is wrong and why my account was closed. She said Synchrony Bank couldn't verify my details and hence the account has been closed. How confusing and frustrating it is? Extreme confusion came in again via post in my mailbox the very next day! I have received a Walmart Credit card. YAY??? What I am expected to do? And how I am expected to react for this? How a BANK could be so irresponsible to put the account on hold first, ask for proof then close my account, then send the credit card home??? And again, I got the correspondence from Synchrony Bank the customer care guy said! From Synchrony Fraud Dept asking for my address and id proof! What is possibly happening here? Because of the Synchrony banks fault, I have lost almost 100 points in my credit score at no cost!!!

Now I am least bothered about the credit accounts that were closed. But because of the SYNCHRONY BANK's mismanagement why should I lose my credit scores??? Not obviously at bank's cost!!! What am I to do with the Walmart credit card I have received now??? If a bank doesn't have proper proofs to approve a credit account, why was the account opened in the first place? I cannot possibly come up with the proper words to explain my extreme frustration!!! I have sent my proofs as well. I am penning this letter just because my credit score has been compromised because of YOUR bank's irresponsibility! If there is any online consumer complaint place for such actions, I am going to make sure that I share my experience. In the social sites too! I totally REGRET having applied for credit cards from different retails associated with SYNCHRONY Bank!

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

I paid off my Walmart cc and they closed my acct with no explanation. They are a rip off. I recently got Care Credit again. Both Walmart and cc use to belong to GEMB. I miss GEMB. Never had a problem with them.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

I have a Lowe's and Walmart credit card with Synchrony Bank. I've NEVER been late with the payments, but they've lowered my credit limit 3 times. They say that I have derogatory credit on my credit file. Even if that was the case it still shouldn't lower my credit limit when I've shown that over the course of 4 years I can manage to pay them on time. They also closed an Old Navy card I had with them. I had the card for about 18 months. I was NEVER late on a payment and I had a ZERO balance on my account. I can't stand dealing with them. I have other credit cards and I've gotten a credit line increase on every one of them during the same time period that Synchrony has lowered my credit limit on my cards.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2018

Ok, why, in this day and age does a bank put a hold on an account when a payment is made and the account is paid off? It can’t be in the consumer best interest, right? This is the second time this has happened and the reason I was given is because “a large amount was paid at one time” REALLY? Isn’t that a good thing? After calling and complaining for a second time the account was miraculously freed up from the hold. I love my Amazon but will no longer use this shady card. If I could give it a negative score I would!!! CONSUMER BEWARE!!!

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

I dislike Synchrony Bank because they lower your credit limit as you pay off a credit card. This, in turn, reduces your credit score. That's what makes them predatory lenders. What business, in good faith, does this to consumers they value? NONE! I wouldn't be surprised if they are out of business in five years. There is consumer power that will make that happen. A bank can't keep devaluing customers and expect to get away with it with no consequences.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

I was paying J.C. Penney's off and they took over as the creditor and raised my interest to over fifty percent. They are scam artists and lie like dogs when you speak to them over the phone! They are not capable of telling you the truth! My daughter used my name to open a line of credit at an Animal shelter and I refused to pay. They have harassed me night and day and even on Sundays sometimes calling five times or more a day! They ruined my credit and are horrible people. Don't ever trust Synchrony Bank and make sure you never EVER use them for credit card!

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

Synchrony Bank is perpetuating a major scam on credit cardholders which not only forces the cardholder to use their cards but penalizes cardholders if they don’t. If you are trying to rebuild your credit and obtain credit from a retail establishment (Wal-Mart, Lowe's, America’s Tire, etc) that is actually backed by Synchrony Bank beware of the trap they will set to lure you into ruining your credit score and paying them higher interest rates.

If you initially charge a purchase on the new “store card” and subsequently pay it off in a few months and then keep $0 balance on the card for a year, Synchrony will first reduce your credit limit on the card (first hit on your credit score) and then subsequently cancel the card (second hit on your credit score) WITHOUT ANY NOTICE TO YOU. All because you thought you were being a good consumer by limiting your spending on credit. Then when you use any of the other Synchrony credit cards they will inform you that your credit score has dropped and they are limiting your credit limit or increasing your interest rate. This not fantasy, but reality as it has happened to me today. No missed payments, no outstanding balance, no charge offs. Just a $0 balance for 12 consecutive months.

This is a scam. Avoid using Synchrony Bank at all costs. They are not transparent with their actions or decisions. They penalize people who either do not want or need to use their credit limits and then charge a higher rate to do business with their cards. I think this is what they used to call loan sharking. Today, I think they call it banking customer service.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2017

Synchrony closed my account for no reason. Do not open an account with Amazon! They will find a way to ruin your credit! Amazon sucks and always will! I always paid my account on time and for no reason at all they closed it. Will never shop there again.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2017

I had a credit card through these people. This card was closed and paid off in full. After it was closed, someone reopened it and had charges made it. I get an email from the bank telling me I owe money. I question it and even though I can show that charges were made to the card AFTER it was reported to me that it was closed, this bank still demanded I pay them. Even AFTER I told them MULTIPLE times that I dispute the charges, and I dispute the order, they refused to recognize possible fraud. I even got a police report. I guess nothing will convince this scam artist.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2017

After having my "R"Us Credit card for just under a year, I had been late on payments at least one time that I can remember. However I kept the card in good standing, I had paid off the card on November 24, 2017. I was current on the account. We were unable to use the card, I didn't think anything of it. Well we went to use the card today, and it was declined. When I called, they stated they closed the Account on 12/19/2017 due to Credit History. I have been doing my best to build my credit, however I had taken out a Winter/Christmas Loan for the Holidays which lowered my credit a little bit. I called to try to get the account reopened, they told me they only care about their company.

While Companies can do what they want, if an account is in good standing there is no reason for them to review and cancel an account. They told me they can't restore the account, and more or less told me to screw off because it's in their terms of Service. So I would recommend you stay away from this company, I know once my Care Credit Card is paid off I plan to cancel it and get as far away from this company as I can.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2017

I have two accounts with Synchrony Bank. (Lowe's) 2 years, (Wal-Mart) 4years. Tried to lower my minimum amount due from direct withdraw, they both made me un-enroll and re-enroll just to change the amount, next payment cycle... Then what the lady on the phone told me was it was all good. The next payment would come out on the scheduled date, next payment cycle late fees, past due, delinquent account and 2 phone calls per-day for the next 3-4 days but I can't do anything about it because they are not available on weekends.

Had to wait till MON while the calls with automated systems all weekend long not fun. Don't even want to recount the phone conversations where it was "script"...Script....script. Wouldn't it be better to actually listen to your customer and figure out why the problem happened and fix it? Plus I was told the late fees were removed but while they were in place, that elevated the total amount due so my minimum amount due would increases on this payment. So the only way to get my account current was to pay a higher minimum amount due. SCAM. After a combined 6 years with no problems always paid my bill on time and what I owed... Wow nice way to be treated. Both accounts are closed. They will be paid off and never used.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2017

Synchrony Bank is ruining my credit! I have 3 credit cards from them and I always pay on time and more than the amount due. Recently they lowered the limits on all 3 credit cards stating derogatory things on my credit. Those "derogatory" things were on there when they gave me all 3 credit cards! They also cited "too many inquiries" on my credit report but Synchrony Bank is the only one pulling my credit! I paid off Old Navy and they sent me a letter stating they were closing my account! Now I'm worried they will close my Amazon and Walmart accounts after I pay them off. I worked very hard re-establishing my credit after a bankruptcy 5 years ago and Synchrony Bank is ruining everything I have worked for. They lowered my credit limit to just under what I owe on Amazon and Walmart and it looks like I've maxed them out because of that!

I got a second job recently and I've been making 2 credit card payments every month now to pay them off. I called customer service to ask why they are doing this and that I've got a excellent payment history and the Customer Service representative said "I can see that but we sent you a letter explaining why." And I told her the letter is false and my credit has not changed since Synchrony Bank first gave me the cards which, by the way, was only last year! After reading all the same complaints by people just like me all over the Internet, why hasn't the Attorney General's Office stepped in and helped us?

This Synchrony Bank was formerly GE Bank and they changed their name in 2014 after settling a multimillion dollar lawsuit in which they "admitted no wrong-doing." They have also settled for discrimination against credit issues with Hispanics last year. All this is public information, Google it. I wish I had researched Synchrony Bank before accepting the credit cards. My credit score has taken a real beating because of them. Please, someone help us!

Original review: Dec. 13, 2017

Chevron needs to be included in my summary. I have been a Time Honoured (their words) Client of Chevron since 1964. These alleged losers, have all of a sudden taken my credit card away. And in other words said "Suck Rocks". Sears is no longer because of alleged idiots. My story is this. I only use the Chevron card once in a while because they give nothing for merit. But I have been a loyal Chevron customer using my American Express card to get well deserved points. Then this Synchrony (whomever they are) sends me this nasty letter threatening if I use the Chevron card after a few weeks away, I will be declined at the pump. For those who don't know, good old Chevron is somehow involved with the above named outfit. Needless to say it took less than 5 seconds to destroy my Chevron card. Never again US or Canada will I or people I know use Chevron.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

I purchased a mattress set Nov 2016 from Furniture Deals and thru the financing was approved for $1000 on a Synchrony credit card. The mattress set was over $600 with tax etc. I always paid every payment early and way above minimum. In fact account was paid off that next February. I was planning to use the card again for this Christmas and found they closed my account due to they ran a random credit check and due to some negative credit (which I have been disputing with the credit bureaus) they decided to close my account.

Even though all of my credit card history on my CBR's showing perfect pay history with no current balances. I called and was told that it is their normal practice to review credit bureaus and decide to increase, decrease, or close accounts. And they will NOT under any circumstances reopen the account. I am furious about this. If they treat their good paying customers like this I can't imagine how they treat their bad paying customers!

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

I used this service for an Old Navy Credit Card. Once my final payment I complete I am cutting this card and avoiding Synchrony services at all costs. Their online payment system is unclear, causing me to make a double payment. I made an initial payment and there was no confirmation upon submitting it. After waiting, refreshing the page and checking payment history, their payment did not show up, I figured there must have been an error, so I paid AGAIN and then it pulled the payment out of my account twice. Shady. I am a computer savvy person, so this shouldn't have happened. I called customer service and the best they could do was send me a check in 5-15 days. Also, it is difficult to leave feedback to them, so it's like they don't care if we're happy, they just want our money.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

I recently tried to open a savings account online to deposit some inheritance money. I received an email that I would be contact within 3 business days. That did not happen. When I called over a week later to inquire, I was told that my new address did not match my credit report. (I moved 3 months ago). They said they did not want my business. I even offered to email them my drivers license and a recent phone bill to show proof of my address. (Discover Bank did this no problem). I will be giving Discover Bank a try and one other bank (maybe Barclays) that appreciates using my money for the lousy 1.3% return. Good luck Synchrony! You need it!

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

I used Synchrony Bank with my T.J. Maxx card years ago and it was a terrible experience. When I hit a $20,000 medical procedure done my doctor talked me into using Care Credit with no interest for 12 months. I can tell you I wish I could just use my Chase credit card or talk to my bank about a medical loan. Care Credit is a nightmare. I paid on time and in advance and I finally ran into a huge problem when I had a bogus contract with a chiropractor's office. Care Credit and Synchrony Bank did not represent me at all. I had to dispute because the chiropractor. It told me I could cancel it with a full refund if I was unable to get a doctor's clearance to use his services.

I was unable to use the services and wanted a full refund and his office gave me the run-around and when I filed a dispute with CareCredit they never represented me. His office sent in some partial records and they went along with them leaving me a balance for services not rendered of $590. I was Furious. Synchrony Bank and Care Credit was not in unity and it was a mess. Yesterday I went to the chiropractor's office and saw him directly and he told me his staff had never told him the circumstances and he apologized profusely and wrote me a check for the balance of $590 for the refund. When I called CareCredit to let them know I had resolved the issue myself in my favor their representative was rude and uninterested other than curtailing the call as quickly as possible. I only wish the promise survey had come on after I completed my call with her but instead I got to dial tone when she hung up on me.

In 20 years I never had a problem with Capital One or my Chase credit card when I've had the rare dispute. I have clipped my CareCredit card in half and we'll pay it off at the end of the month and be done with it. Be careful of the free months of interest-free used with Care Credit because when that. Is over your interest rate will be anywhere from 24% to 36% and that is no deal my friend. Use your credit card, get a medical loan and if you can't do that don't get the procedure. Run from Care Credit Synchrony Bank

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

Okay so I'm one of those people that don't always read all of the terms when applying for a credit card because obviously I'm applying for it because I need it at the time. I also have revolving credit I will pay down my balance and reuse it when need be. Well since mostly all of my credit card account switched over to Synchrony Bank I have had nothing but issues with this company. They keep lowering my credit limit for no reason as well as my husband. I called about one account asking why it was lowered because I needed it for medical reasons and they really couldn't give me an answer. So I close the one card that I had paid everything off on. It's a start right. I have been paying the balances down on both mine and my husband's card so that we could have something available for Christmas this year. I went to check my credit score and his and noticed my credit limit and balances were the same.

So they decreased our credit limit again to the balance, one had $7 over. WTH. I just don't understand how they can do this especially since both of our credit scores had improved by at least 10/20 points since applying for these cards in the first place. Anyhow now my credit score has dropped because my debt to ratio has increased. So them saying that it's not impacting my credit score is a lie because it does every time they report a change and lower my credit score. I feel this company is manipulating laws to work in their favor by the wording of their contract. I will from now on read the contracts before applying for any credit cards and once my balances are paid on my synchrony accounts I will be closing my accounts with them. I really hope Karma bites them in the butt and they get caught and sued for all of the crap the stress they have caused people. AVOID THIS COMPANY if able to. If not, pay it off as quick as possible and close it.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

I have had this card for over a year and NEVER been late and always paid way above the minimum amount due... I have requested an increase from $800 to about $1,200 for about three or four times. I always get turned down... Not sure what it takes to get an increase when you are an excellent customer... Truly pathetic. I will just start saving the money I pay on the card each month and not have to pay their ridiculous interest rates. Not worth it!!

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

Got this crappy credit card when I got a bed through Mattress Firm. Went to make a payment today to find they want my bank account info. Which I don't have readily available. I haven't had a checkbook in years. Seriously after reading reviews I'm paying this off as fast as possible. Besides needing to get with the times and allow people to use their debit card which is also known as a check card and is directly linked to my checking account without charging me an absolutely ridiculous $10 fee. And then they in general clearly need to be a better bank and companies need to quit dealing with them. Had I known this is how they were and that this was how I was getting zero interest from Mattress Firm I probably would not have gotten a bed through them.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

I had a credit limit of $ 3,900.00. I made a payment of $ 3,223.00. That left a balance of $ 636.31. Now when you look at my statement it states the available amount to spend is $40. When I called I was told it takes 12 days for the money to clear. It has cleared my banks, so that means they are sitting on it collecting interest for 12 day, and preventing me from making a purchase. This company is predatory. I was told it had to do with Anti-money laundering laws. Well after reading up on these laws it was clear that the company set their own time limits not the law or government. So they intentionally hold the money to collect the interest. I was told it was in the terms. AVOID THIS COMPANY LIKE THE PLAGUE!

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

I made a full payment to my Synchrony Bank/Amazon store card on 10/4 in the amount of 241.72 which was my total balance. I have never had any issues with Amazon payments before when full payments on my larger balances have never been held for more than 3 days. Today is 10/12 and they are telling me it won't post until after midnight. When I called today I received very little help and basically told because I was late in the last six months on a payment (by 2 days). The first rep just told me it was going to release tonight and I requested a supervisor which I got an "account manager."

She kept talking over me while I was trying to talk. RUDEST thing ever to talk over someone!! She did say it didn't give them a reason why it was flagged to hold payment, but she could think of a few since I was late on some payments, but when I went online I was late 1x. I asked for a higher person which got on the line and said there is no way to talk to the security department to try and lift the hold so I could use the card which I have been a cardholder for a long time. Basically the "Sr. Acct manager" said that there is no one above her and that I would have to write in regarding my experience. What a terrible company to work with poor customer service.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

I applied for the Banana Republic Visa card and one week later I receive a Banana Republic store card. I called them to inform them that this is not the product that I applied for, and the answer I received was that based on my credit score, I did not qualify for the Visa, so they decided to issue me a store card instead. My credit score is in the 720 range and I have never once been denied any credit card at all. So that really pissed me off. I told her that this is not right. They should have denied my application instead of issue me a product that I did not agree to have! Synchrony is a crappy bank. I should have looked at the reviews before applying. I learned from this mistake.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

My "minimum" monthly payment just keeps on going up - they say it's to pay off my promotional purchases, but that's BS, because I paid off two of them and my minimum is still as much as a car payment. I called today, was transferred to an outsourced office and all that rep could say is "we need a valid reason to lower your minimum monthly payment". I'm broke. I have more going out in bills than I have coming in. I'm sorry I lost my job and had to take one that's a $15K/year pay cut. Yes, it's gotta be much harder on Synchrony Bank than on me that I'm no longer earning what I earned.

If I can't make my minimum, they will assess a late fee. Which is great, because I was looking for another bill to have to pay. Super. And at the end of the web chat, the rep had the audacity to ask me if he could help me with anything else. YOU DIDN'T HELP ME AT ALL. They act like I'm using this card to go out and buy shoes, and be a globetrotter. No, I'm using it for non-cosmetic dental work. Most recent charge? Emergency root canal.

I understand that they are a business and have to make their money, but I'm at a point where it's either bills or food. And it's a choice I have to make every month. Are we eating dinners, or are we just having some toast? Am I paying this bill, or am I paying my car payment? Absolutely zero compassion. I've had the card for two years - I have never missed a payment, and often times pay early. They don't give a ** about their customers.

Synchrony Financial (formerly GE CareCredit) Company Information

www.synchronyfinancial.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use