2. Finance

formerly GE CareCredit

Synchrony Financial
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.13/5

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

Synchrony Financial Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Synchrony Financial?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Synchrony Financial (formerly GE CareCredit)?

Original review: June 10, 2020

Received an alert from Experian that my Synchrony Pep Boys card was cancelled. Haven’t missed a payment and always paid much more than minimum. Hardly used the card and don’t understand why it was cancelled. I’ve had the card for a few years. Called and was told I’d receive a letter in the mail explaining. I guess not Synchrony noticed that I was paying large payments to pay it off and not using it so I was of no value to them anymore.

Original review: April 25, 2020

I started by using the Care Credit card for my medical bills because I needed something to help with medical bills I had incurred. I was afraid that the bad reviews but noticed they were usually by people who didn't grasp how to use them properly. I took the initial hit, you always get, when you first open the account. I paid off the account quickly and was able to pay off the account except for $300 without having to pay any interest. I was so impressed that I then opened a Care Credit account with them. I bought some very needed tires for my car and had it serviced. Same deal here, initial credit hit when I opened the account. One more payment this month and I will have gotten all my services without interest. Just so anyone reading this understands, no I did not make minimum payments. I always paid much more. If my payment was $39 a month, I paid $100. Both of these accounts have made a great impact on my credit report!

Get buying tips about Credit Cards delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 23, 2020

Listen, I realize that the nation is in a free fall right now and the situation is very scary for so many people that are financially being hit so hard. I include myself in that category of people. Anytime a creditor works with you on payments, is a true blessing. And I am blessed that this company understands my pain and anxiety about being able to make a monthly payment right now. You should expect this kind of treatment from a business that you have maintained a good payment history and a solid relationship with; and they came through 100% in my time of need. Thank you Synchrony, You rock!

Original review: Oct. 23, 2019

Yes, Synchrony has been great. They did take my Care credit card away (no Dentists would allow 1 or 2 treatments so it was too high for Care Credit) and I used my Credit card instead... It's high interest makes it hard to get it down. That's all true, However; Synchrony has been very good with me and me credit score is Great because of them too. If not for the Synchrony, things would of been so much harder for me, going without is also hard and more expensive often times when you can't fix your car without the cash, you know, things like that... I'm thankful and appreciative.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2019

I recently got a Synchrony Mastercard through Sam’s Club. I made my first payment less than a day late. I was charged a late fee but called the customer service phone number and I was automatically refunded a one time courtesy late fee. That made my day and I didn’t even have to talk to a representative!! Synchrony has awesome technology and automated phone system!

Original review: Aug. 5, 2020

My Sam Ash credit card was cancelled with a PERFECT payment history. Crappy customer service and kept me on hold only to tell me nothing. They said they sent a letter of explanation.... No letter was received. Worst company ever.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2020

This company uses predatory tactics in the middle of pandemic to impose 30% interest on people. Furthermore, they are breaking the law by charging service members 30% interest when the Service member relief Act caps interest at 9%. They use promotional interest rates to get people in the door and raise the interest to 30%. I was never warned. They hide it within the contract. Please beware. I called to get them to lower the interest rate and they laughed me off the phone.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2020

I received a notification from my credit score monitor that Synchrony Bank closed my Discount Tire account and my score had decreased by 1 point. I called customer service and spoke with Jeff. He could not give me a reason for this and told me I should get a letter in the mail explaining it. I then escalated to manager Angela. She stated it was because I had a zero balance and no recent activity? I have a credit score in the 820's, and no debt. What a terrible explanation and even more terrible practice by Synchrony.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2020

I will no longer be a Synchrony Bank customer. After being a loyal customer for years, they have closed all my accounts. I Always pay on time, keep my balances low, and have a credit score of 755. I have given them absolutely no reason to believe I'm a "high risk ", which is the reason they stated for the closure of my accounts. So after years of loyalty to them this is how it ends, by them ruining my credit score. I will be reporting them to the Better Business Bureau, the FTC and contacting my congressman. If you're looking for a reputable credit card company, synchrony bank is not one of them. I would avoid them at all costs!

Original review: July 31, 2020

They don't provide online CLOSING instructions but continuing business on their CD LINE. Not even to closing and transfer to an account within their business lines. Took me 30 minutes to place that instruction through phone, through 3 support posts (last in the country!) with their system not being able to send a text to the mobile I was calling from. Nor they were able to send text to a VOIP alternate number that is text capable. In the end they called and provided the security code to the same voice line I was calling. The overseas support has no training for retention and therefore don't work hard to satisfy the customer. I promised I'll write this review with the intent to direct others not to do this business with them. From personal practical experience, do it when rates are better with Ally, Marcus, Merrick, PurePoint.

Synchrony Financial Company Information

Synchrony Financial (formerly GE CareCredit)
    www.synchronyfinancial.com