CreditReport.com

Compare Credit Report Sites

Research top Credit Report Sites recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

My report has things that is not right and I have the papers to prove it.

When you order your $1 Credit Report and FICO Score here, you will begin your 7-day trial membership in Experian Credit TrackerSM. You may cancel your trial membership at any time within 9 days without charge. Here's the TRICKERY!

CreditReport.com is a scam nothing but a huge scam... please be aware don't unless you want to lose your $$ & never get it back... this was & is the worst experience of my life. They have taken 60$ off my card & I won't stop until I get it back... warning to all.

OMG, they are awful. It is such an underhanded affair from beginning to end. The website completely fooled me and it was the rare occasion when I didn't read the fine print and ASSUMED that the company had my best interests, as I am used to dealing with very open, honest, reputable companies and this caught me unaware! They didn't warn me about the "membership" and the 7 day trial period and the $24.95 that would be charged.

Of course when I called, they were giving me the run around, and held onto their $24.95 with a fiend's conviction! They refused to refund me even when I was transferred to the supervisor and went ballistic about how underhanded the whole thing was. She gave me an email only (like that will ever work), and now that I see how bad this company is from the reviews online etc, I will have to cancel the card I used on their website because they maybe didn't cancel my membership - you know? And then what? I will keep getting charged and there will be no recompense. Beware.

Steer clear of this company. Got a cancellation confirmation from customer service rep. Was told a refund would appear in 7-10 bus. days. Didn't happen. Called back one week later and was told electronic refund was rejected, no reason why was given. Would try again. Called back one week later. Electronic refund again rejected, and was told a hard copy check would be sent me. Told would have in 7-10 business days. Called back today, and was told check would take 4-8 weeks to arrive. When a supervisor was asked why electronic refund had been rejected, was told "your bank is blocking it". Called my bank today, was told no block had been generated by them. A fraud claim has been filed against Creditreport.com. Found out too, they are based overseas. Considering contacting the Better Business Bureau regarding them. BEWARE & STEER CLEAR!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CreditReport.com?

I did the 7 day free trial. I tried to cancel the free trial, called the 877 number went through the step on the automated system and after I completed the task to cancel automatically it said I need to talk to representative and the next message was, "We are way too busy. Call back on a later date"... I blew it off. Thought my account had been canceled. Then I get a charge to my bank account for the money for a membership. Called credit report dot com again. This time I ask to speak to a representative and more or less was told, "Tough. Your 29.95 is non refundable."

Since going paperless with bank statements, I just happened to be reviewing mine, and noticed a $24.95 charge from creditreport.com. I then went there and managed to log in, tried to cancel and found a phone number that you have to call. They make it easy to sign up online, you should be able to cancel online. Plus only business hours to call and cancel, when you can sign up any time. I called and used the press number to cancel and was transferred to a representative. Who says you are a long time customer and has a whole spiel to try to keep you. I was so mad I just cut in and told her to stop, that I want to cancel and do not want to hear it. Way too cumbersome and should be easier to cancel.

I signed up for a 1-dollar free trial for 9 days which is reasonable, however I began calling to cancel my trial 4 days prior to being charged for full price. The automated cancellation did not work and I spent 30 mins. waiting for representative the first day. Tried the auto cancellation again the next day...again did not work and spent 40 mins. waiting for representative - days 3, 4, and 5 were the same. On day 4-5, called and instead of selecting auto cancellation, selected representative and was told call - volume too high - call back another day. SERIOUSLY. As it turned out after 1 hour 20 mins waiting, got a rep who cancelled the account but had passed my trial expiration and was told they WOULD NOT reverse the charge. Any site that forces you into calling for cancellation is a scam. BEWARE PRIOR TO SIGNING UP.

I called 6 times and couldn't get through, waited 20 minutes each time, it was on different days. They said you can cancel within 7 days but nobody picks up the phone and no option to cancel online. I have to change my bank account number to have it cancelled so they can put this charge on my credit???? Help.

Stated will be billed $1.00. Never stated any cancellation will be needed. Drafted $29.99 Checking Account.

As many others on this list, I too just got ripped off by this site. There is only one place that it mentions trial when you sign up, and nowhere else will it give you the date that your trial ends (7 days). They charge you a $1 plus tax depending on stat as a "Donation" which they claim they donate, but as you read their FAQ, it is a fee that they claim to be used for charitable purposes. Then, 7 days later you get charged $29.99 + tax and there are no refunds for missing the date that you can find no reference to anywhere else on their site. You can cancel anytime during the trial by calling 1-877-297-7790, so, if you choose to use them, and their report is decent I will give them that, do so right after you download the report.

A company called "AmOne" said to me, over the phone, that they could help me repair my credit rating. They said the first step was to go to CreditReport.com and they said they'd walk me through it. "Click here, click there and don't worry about a thing, we'll help you all the way and it'll only cost you $1.00." I did get my credit reports, but the phone call was running long and I had an appointment. The person at AmOne said that she would call me back later that day, but she didn't. I tried to call them back and left a message, but didn't get a call back. It all seemed fishy.

Several days later I found a charge for $29.99 on my account and it said "Experian" along with a phone number. When I called it I had to give them all kinds of personal information including my card number in order to cancel. I asked to speak with a supervisor that told me that it was my own fault for signing up. I requested to know if AmOne happened to be one of their affiliates (marketers that get a commission for bringing business to a website) and she said that she could not release that kind of information to me. They refused to refund the money, but said that the "account" was closed. I was not aware that I had an account with them. Buyer beware? If someone is offering you a similar deal; we'll help you rebuild your credit, but first go to this website and enter this and click that...oh don't worry about anything because we'll help you all the way and we'll deal with that part later and show you how to do .... blah, blah, blah.

This place is trash. I was charged $1 and a couple days later I was charged $24.95, told I couldn't get my funds back and I'm pissed. They are a scam and need to be reported to the BBB.

This company makes money from fooling customers with small print. The large print says $1.00 for a credit report. Up in the corner, in small print, it says "7-day trial." I was scammed like many others.

I wanted to get an update on my credit score so I checked with Credit Report.com. I wish I hadn't. They charged me a buck to look at my numbers, that's fine, but then I was charged $24.95 more! Of course, they waited 10 days to hit me with that charge and when I called on that 10th day, they said I only had until the 7th day to cancel! But I wasn't even charged until the 10th day! This is done on purpose so that you cannot get that money back. Beware of this scam they are pulling. There are too many free opportunities to get your credit score so you don't need to pay ever.

I went online to order a credit report, which I did. The credit report was great and helpful; however, they automatically sign you up for a monthly membership when you order. It's not clear that it's a monthly commitment and that it will go until you cancel the membership. The site needs to make it more obvious that you are getting into a monthly commitment. I have since paid $9.95 for an additional few months with no need for the monthly service.

Ordered a credit report for $1.00 and they automatically sign you up for a $29.95 monthly membership to monitor your credit with a "trial". You have no way to cancel the "trial membership" online - you must call their number to cancel so you won't be charged the $29.95 membership. They leave you on hold for at least 10 minutes to speak with a live person. This is a total scam.

I made the mistake of using their website Creditreport.com to look up my credit information on June 23, 2014. It clearly states at the top of the advertisement, "You're almost ready to get your FREE Credit Scores and $1 Reports!" I had no problem with the $1 fee and planned on canceling my account before any monthly memberships started. I went through the process and entered my personal information as required trusting that this site would not abuse my information or take advantage of my bank account. Sadly enough, upon checking my account today, I found a charge for $9.95 instead of $1. I called the phone number provided and spoke with Terry from Arkansas who was very little help explaining what happened. She said it was a charge from Creditscore.com, not Creditreport.com. I told her I did not use anything that showed it would charge me a $9.95 fee. She was unable to show me where on the website it advertised a $9.95 fee would be charged. I did not authorize this charge and requested that it is refunded to my account. After a lengthy conversation, she continued to refuse to refund the charges and told me I should have read the website better. I requested my membership to be cancelled immediately. Hopefully no other charges will appear.

Don't get ripped off. They are taking our money after you cancel your membership. Then tell your money is non-refundable. Please don't get fooled by their free 7 day - it's a scam.

Yesterday evening I submitted a bunch of job applications online, and this morning I woke to an email from 'Parker & Jefferson' recruiting firm asking for further information for an interview. There were a few things that seemed suspicious-the email was sent at 5:00 in the morning, the company's website wasn't overly informative, the email I received was sent by 'Anne **' (why would a partner in a worldwide recruiting firm by emailing me?), and the email didn't provide exact information on the specific job that I applied for. I didn't notice most of this at first, and didn't become really suspicious until they linked to creditreport.com.

Why do they need a credit report to verify my identity? And why wouldn't they use a firm that isn't going to charge me? I wasn't 100% positive until I saw this review, but now I'm sure that the entire thing is a scam. This is a disgustingly underhanded way of doing business, and I am so thankful I saw your review before actually giving them any of my information.

Do not go on this website. Only go on it if you want to give away hard earned money to a lying company. Customer service was terrible because they always blame the fault on you. Don't even look for the website! If you have an account, cancel immediately!

I signed up for membership and called back at least 3 days before the deadline to cancel. I asked them at least twice during the call for a cancellation number so I would have the proof I cancelled membership. The representative told me they don't give numbers because it wasn't necessary. I should have known at that moment that they would falsify the information to collect a month's fee. Be aware of this charade before you sign up!

If you read what you sign up for, there should be no problems. It clearly states that after 7 days, if you do not call to cancel, you will be charged close to $30 a month. I called on day 4, and spoke to a very polite gentleman, that was more than happy to help. I explained that I wanted to cancel because the monthly charge was too much.

In an effort to keep my business, I was offered a reduced price of $14.97, with the price guaranteed for 5 years. I accepted the offer. As soon as I hung up from the call, I received an E-mail confirming the conversation and the offer made. Yes, the gentleman's English was slightly hard to understand, but, he treated me with the utmost respect and understanding. Read the whole offer before you sign up. The terms are VERY clear. Also, ask for a confirmation E-mail, I didn't even need to ask. It was supplied immediately.

I paid $1 to get all three reports from Creditreport.com and they said if I wanted to cancel before I got charged $30 a month, to call and cancel. I called, asked to cancel. They outsource, so it's extremely difficult to understand the representative. He told me at first that I got 3 months free, I said that's okay, I just wan to cancel, then he advised me not to because I have bad credit. I thought, who are you to say such a thing? I kept insisting that I don't want to pay for $30 a month, because I'd end up forgetting about it and not call again to cancel. As we were wrapping up, he said that my next billing date would be February something (this was just last week that I called), and THEN he didn't even give me a chance to say anything, not even to protest that, and he asked if there was anything else he could help with, then for me to have a good day, and hung up. I mean, it was like a long run-on sentence, did not allow me to speak at ALL! Very upset over it because I don't need someone telling me about my credit and giving me advice on it who isn't even in the position to do so.

I signed up to receive a `free' credit report for $1.00 in April 2013. Later that same month there was a charge for $19.95. This amount was access my credit report at any time. I decided on July 25th to cancel. Luckily I asked for an email confirmation of said cancellation. I discovered that in July and August there were charges for $19.95 and in September there was a charge for $24.95???!!!

So I call and explain that I cancelled in July BEFORE the charge date of the 25th and it was still taken out 2 days later. He tried to tell me that they had no record of my cancellation. I said, "Well, it's a good thing I do then!!" He said he's going to refund the most recent charge and I said, "** no, you're going to refund the entire $64.85." Anyways, its supposed to be back on my card in 7 to 10 days...

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. SAVE YOUR MONEY!!! I was looking to get my credit score and found CreditReport.com and they advertise $1 to see your report. This is the advertisement: "You're almost ready to get your FREE Credit Score and $1 Report!" But after you sign up, they will charge your card $19.95 per month. I was charged $1.00 and $32.95 because their system said that I ordered 3 reports from 3 credit bureaus which I never did. The sign up process is very deceiving. When I called and cancelled my "Membership" that I never intended to become a member in the first place, I spoke to customer service and let her know that they also charged me $32.95.

She said on September 13, 2013, the day I requested my credit report, that the Report is not FREE so they charged my card $32.95 which in the sign up process they did not mention that you have to pay the AMOUNT $32.95 FOR CREDIT REPORT. And then she put me on hold and said she needs to speak to her supervisor. After a short wait, she gets back on the phone and said TODAY, September 20, 2013, THE CREDIT REPORT IS FREE???? She only told me that NOW after I told her I'm canceling my "Forced membership".

I just visited this website. These stupid people started charging my account monthly so please never ever visit such websites. These people are money stealers.

I need to report an email for Martinandjenkins.com, sent by **. This link is no longer active, but was set-up as a staffing company out of New York City, New York. I had a link that pulled up information for a pre-interview. I had all the steps; it ended by requesting you get a credit report from a link connected to Credit Report.com at cost of $1.06. You were to receive a packet containing information for an upcoming phone interview after entering the member ID number from Credit Report.Com and reference number, but nothing was sent. I called the number listed; the line was busy and asked you leave a voice mail. It had a contact us link that allows you to enter a query and it was set up to send you an answer. All this started July 18th. Today, July 24th, the web address no longer works for the company or **. I found that this company was already listed on the Better Business web site out of 40 N Central Ave, Phoenix, AZ 85004 and 1320 Main St. Columbia, SC 29201-3204. My local office was out of New York City, New York. The 1-800-380-4703 number is in all 3 locations. Please steer clear and anyone else please sound the alarm. I don't know how my information will be used and I am scared.

I purchased a report. Then less than a week later, I was charged $31.95 in two consecutive days for credit reports I did not purchase. I called the same day I received the second charge only to be told too bad. I am not sure how a company is able to bill me for something I did not buy without my permission. I am seeking to find a way to report this action. It must be nice to be able to just bill someone.

I saw their advertisement about a $1 fee to check credit report. However, I found they will charge $19.99, and it is so hard to cancel the service.

Expert Review

Barbara FriedbergPersonal Finance Contributing Editor

Barbara Friedberg, MBA, MS is a former investment portfolio manager with decades of financial experience. Friedberg taught Finance and Investments at several universities. Her work has been featured in U.S. News & World Report, Investopedia, Yahoo!Finance and many more publications.    More about Barbara→

CreditReport.com is part of ConsumerInfo.com, Inc. and was founded in 1995. It is an Experian company and a partner of freecreditreport.com and freecreditscore.com as well as many other sites. The site was founded to give consumers fast, low-cost credit profile access.

• Free: CreditReport.com offers consumers a free credit report without registering a credit card. The company also provides free credit information and customer service.
  • Experian CreditTracker membership membership: This product gives consumers unlimited access to their Experian┬« credit report, daily credit monitoring and alerts, bi-monthly score monitoring and alerts, a score simulator, $50,000 product guarantee, ChildSecure and CardSafe programs.
  • Access to 3 credit bureaus: For a one-time fee, consumers also receive access to credit reports from all three credit bureaus.
  • Marketplace: CreditReport.com partners with other debt and credit organizations to offer consumers a place for debt and credit help and solutions.
  • Education: CreditReport.com offers extensive credit related information.
  • Best for Consumers with poor credit and those who need regular credit monitoring for their family.

Compare Credit Report Sites