Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card
3.80/5

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

Applied Bank Credit Cards Reviews

Original review: June 14, 2019

Made a payment by mistake twice. When I called to get one payment dropped, person (who is clueless by the way) cannot find the payment. I've had other companies that can find my payments in a snap. This company can't. Horrible customer service!

Original review: March 5, 2019

Problem - no way to email or get Account Closure confirmation in writing. I paid off the account in full then called to close it. A month later I get an email "reminding" me that I am accountable for a $10.95 monthly charge. I called again. "Systems down. Please call again in a couple of hours." I asked for an email address, they claimed there was none available. I am just put out about this mess. It is unacceptable. I'll call back, but I am also looking to elevate this matter to someone who will get it rectified.

Get expert buying tips about Credit Cards delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

I paid the min amount due every month but they still hit me with the over the limit fees. They say it's outlined in the small print that when you pay the min amount due this does not include the finance charges so then they hit you with a $38 over the limit fee monthly when you pay what the statement advises you to send in.

Original review: June 29, 2018

This card is better to be compared to a loan shark. To make an online payment it will cost you $11.95 and your monthly maintenance fee is $9.95 which is $22.00 a month for payment and maintenance fee and your finance charge interest is 24% so do the math. It will cost you $150.00 to open the $500.00 credit Visa. You probably can get a better deal on the streets from a loan shark. I was a sucker to open this Visa Account.

If you decide to mail in payments they must be post maker 7 days before the due date or you will incur a late charge on the account and it will be at least a week before it will be posted to the account if you mail the payment. I guarantee you will be sorry you ever opened a credit card account with this people. Even third world banks give better deals than Applied Bank and to top it all it is legal and the Better Business Bureau will not do anything to help you because you sign to the agreement and even people who have to pay off their account in full end up with bad credit ratings from Applied Bank to ruin their credit, Beware!!!

Original review: June 16, 2018

I wish that I had never taken out this credit card. In the process of rebuilding my credit I have about 5 credit cards which are a mixture of secured and unsecured. Most have high interest and fees but all are acceptable and well within balance. I pay off whenever possible and my credit is going up now. This card is horrible, I paid off a large bill with it because they gave me a reasonable limit. Big mistake!

Unlike my other cards I can’t seem to pay this one off. Astronomical fees for payment, the highest I have ever seen! I know, I read the small print but I guess I didn’t realize how much it sucks from you. If you don’t pay it off, you will never move the needle making the minimum payment. I had to pay it off and now I’m stuck paying $10 a month plus payment fee for nothing. Try to cancel, I dare you! They won’t let you go once they have you and you won’t be able to stop paying because it will be a nasty mark on your credit file that you are trying so hard to rebuild. So yes, I am stuck with them possibly for life! Do not be tempted, run in the opposite direction!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Applied Bank Credit Cards?

Original review: June 4, 2018

Applied Bank Business Visa - Unethical, will cost $125.00 for $500.00 credit line. With $9.95 in monthly maintenance fees. It will cost you $11.95 to make a debit card online payment or a $6.95 Checking online payment. If you decide to mail your payment it has to be mailed at least 7 days before the due date or astronomical late fees. I open a Visa account on February. Today June my balance is $396.00 and my available credit is $0.00 dollars and customer service was not able to give me a straight answer why? Never no late payments or over the limit. This bank does not know what Integrity means. You been warned!

Original review: April 13, 2018

Be prepared to wait 7 days for your funds to be available. I make a payment on their website in full with a debit card, the charge goes through instantly and is immediately deducted from my checking account and they still won't make the funds available for 7 days... Your best bet is use First Progress, they make the funds available the same day.

Original review: April 30, 2017

2 months ago I called, paid off the card and closed it. They said, "No we do not have a record of that." I said, "What? I spoke to a rep my balance was zero, I closed the card." I asked if I would ever be charged again. Next bill they charge me 13.00. I called and said, "I closed the account and paid it off." They said, "We don't have a record of that." I said, "Okay, lets do this now, and I will do it exactly how you want me to do it." Okay. I paid the 13.00 over the phone. They assured me the card was closed and we parted ways forever. Now I get a new bill. They charged me the account fee again, and charged me for the telephone payment. I am now attempting to pay this card off, and closed it for the 3rd time. I went from a 0 balance to 13.00. Called, fought as hard as I could, and gave up, paid off the 13.00 and even said, "We are done now forever right? I will no longer owe you a dime." They agreed, and now they are charging me again. YOU CAN'T GET RID OF THEM! I am furious!!!

Original review: Feb. 9, 2017

I had this card for 4 years and I was 2-day late. They charged me $100 late fee. It was a secured card with the limit of $200 my own money I paid to set the limit. They then charged me late for the following month so 2 late payments for months that have not even came yet. This bank seems desperate for money and I would not recommended getting screwed. Don't do it then they reported me late to the credit bureaus because I complained to the BBB.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2017

I got this Secured Card after filing for Bankruptcy 3 years ago. It enabled me to get other unsecured cards after having it for a few months. My credit score has increased substantially. I do pay on time every single month and I always pay more than the minimum. I pay $9.95 per month service charge for the privilege of having a 0% interest rate. Somehow that is an interest rate charge, but I am fully aware of the fees and $10 is Ok for the credit building opportunity it provided me. There is also no penalty for late payments (which it says right on my statement, but I have never had to test that statement). I think it is good starter card for those looking to rebuild credit. 4 stars instead of 5 due to the monthly cost.

Applied Bank Credit Cards Company Information