Find a Credit Cards partner

3. Credit Cards

3.4/5 (526 ratings)
Find a Credit Cards partner

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

About Applied Bank Credit Cards

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

Applied Bank Credit Cards Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Applied Bank Credit Cards?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Applied Bank Credit Cards?

Original review: July 9, 2021

Applied Bank Credit Card is very Horrible, they expect you write a letter to get late fee waive. There is no type of award for being an on time customer. They know people don't have time to write a written statement or fax over anything to get an late fee waive. This the way for them to keep the $27.99 late fee. This is the worst card I ever had in my life, I wouldn't recommend this card to no one. If someone looking to start they credit please don't let this be the one.

Original review: June 14, 2021

The overall experience was not an enjoyable one due to the fact that their service is just terrible. By far one of the worst, if not the worst, credit card companies I have ever had. No app, checking online is a hassle, customer service seems to be almost non-existent ( and now I have to deal with a headache of a bad rap on my credit report.)

I had purchased Payment Protection Plus Program, as I do with ALL of my credit cards, and during the pandemic I fell ill and had no choice but to activate my so-called payment protection. After months of being sick and recovery and everyday life, I received notification from Credit Karma that the account was delinquent. Outraged, I called and the representative was absolutely no help and went on to tell me that I had to catch up on payments that were past due and THEN I could utilize the program.

I brought to their attention that when I activated the program (during my illness) I HAD been current on all payments, to which she seemed to have no reference or knowledge of. The representative then asked how I was going to pay today and I answered truthfully that I had absolutely no money in any accounts nor on my person. They had the audacity to recommend that I not make my car payment for that month and pay Applied Bank instead. I could not believe what I was hearing! I attempted to call back twice over the next several weeks and I each time I was somehow automatically directed to the exact same person even though they were not assigned to my account. Currently I am filing with consumer protection and a few other options. STAY AWAY FROM THIS CREDITOR!!!!

Get buying tips about Credit Cards delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2021

This card is a nightmare. It was a Terrible experience. I had the secure card. Their Website to manage the card was very primitive. You can't even access your auto-pay scheduled payments from it. To manage auto payments, you have to log into another URL domain. The customer service is so bad. The bank flagged my card for suspicious activity and sent me an email saying they were blocking the account and sending me a different card. So when I called to find out more information, the agent was rude (as usual) and had NO information for me, even though it was MY money on the card using it to secure the card. For a $48 dollars annual fee, I expect more. I canceled it after about 6 month, but there were too many headaches and hidden fees attached to this card. Having a card is supposed to make life easier, NOT harder.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2020

Paid my first statement balance in full. Did that on 8.28.2020 with my debit card. Applied Bank stated I will not have any available credit until Monday 9.7.2020. Customer care stated I should have paid through Western Union??? That the debit card payment will be pending until 9.7.2020. This is ABSURD! The money came out of my account and is not pending! Stay away from these crooks!

Original review: Aug. 6, 2020

They received my application but were unable to verify my residence. Must be idiots. I have lived at same address for over 40 years! Does not say much for Applied Bank, unless one would assume they can't read.

Original review: June 14, 2019

Made a payment by mistake twice. When I called to get one payment dropped, person (who is clueless by the way) cannot find the payment. I've had other companies that can find my payments in a snap. This company can't. Horrible customer service!

Original review: March 5, 2019

Problem - no way to email or get Account Closure confirmation in writing. I paid off the account in full then called to close it. A month later I get an email "reminding" me that I am accountable for a $10.95 monthly charge. I called again. "Systems down. Please call again in a couple of hours." I asked for an email address, they claimed there was none available. I am just put out about this mess. It is unacceptable. I'll call back, but I am also looking to elevate this matter to someone who will get it rectified.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

I paid the min amount due every month but they still hit me with the over the limit fees. They say it's outlined in the small print that when you pay the min amount due this does not include the finance charges so then they hit you with a $38 over the limit fee monthly when you pay what the statement advises you to send in.

Original review: June 29, 2018

This card is better to be compared to a loan shark. To make an online payment it will cost you $11.95 and your monthly maintenance fee is $9.95 which is $22.00 a month for payment and maintenance fee and your finance charge interest is 24% so do the math. It will cost you $150.00 to open the $500.00 credit Visa. You probably can get a better deal on the streets from a loan shark. I was a sucker to open this Visa Account.

If you decide to mail in payments they must be post maker 7 days before the due date or you will incur a late charge on the account and it will be at least a week before it will be posted to the account if you mail the payment. I guarantee you will be sorry you ever opened a credit card account with this people. Even third world banks give better deals than Applied Bank and to top it all it is legal and the Better Business Bureau will not do anything to help you because you sign to the agreement and even people who have to pay off their account in full end up with bad credit ratings from Applied Bank to ruin their credit, Beware!!!

Original review: June 16, 2018

I wish that I had never taken out this credit card. In the process of rebuilding my credit I have about 5 credit cards which are a mixture of secured and unsecured. Most have high interest and fees but all are acceptable and well within balance. I pay off whenever possible and my credit is going up now. This card is horrible, I paid off a large bill with it because they gave me a reasonable limit. Big mistake!

Unlike my other cards I can’t seem to pay this one off. Astronomical fees for payment, the highest I have ever seen! I know, I read the small print but I guess I didn’t realize how much it sucks from you. If you don’t pay it off, you will never move the needle making the minimum payment. I had to pay it off and now I’m stuck paying $10 a month plus payment fee for nothing. Try to cancel, I dare you! They won’t let you go once they have you and you won’t be able to stop paying because it will be a nasty mark on your credit file that you are trying so hard to rebuild. So yes, I am stuck with them possibly for life! Do not be tempted, run in the opposite direction!!!

Applied Bank Credit Cards Company Information