2. Finance
  3. Credit Cards

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.39/5

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

Applied Bank Credit Cards Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Applied Bank Credit Cards?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Applied Bank Credit Cards?

Original review: Feb. 18, 2021

This card is a nightmare. It was a Terrible experience. I had the secure card. Their Website to manage the card was very primitive. You can't even access your auto-pay scheduled payments from it. To manage auto payments, you have to log into another URL domain. The customer service is so bad. The bank flagged my card for suspicious activity and sent me an email saying they were blocking the account and sending me a different card. So when I called to find out more information, the agent was rude (as usual) and had NO information for me, even though it was MY money on the card using it to secure the card. For a $48 dollars annual fee, I expect more. I canceled it after about 6 month, but there were too many headaches and hidden fees attached to this card. Having a card is supposed to make life easier, NOT harder.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2020

Paid my first statement balance in full. Did that on 8.28.2020 with my debit card. Applied Bank stated I will not have any available credit until Monday 9.7.2020. Customer care stated I should have paid through Western Union??? That the debit card payment will be pending until 9.7.2020. This is ABSURD! The money came out of my account and is not pending! Stay away from these crooks!

Get buying tips about Credit Cards delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2020

They received my application but were unable to verify my residence. Must be idiots. I have lived at same address for over 40 years! Does not say much for Applied Bank, unless one would assume they can't read.

Original review: June 14, 2019

Made a payment by mistake twice. When I called to get one payment dropped, person (who is clueless by the way) cannot find the payment. I've had other companies that can find my payments in a snap. This company can't. Horrible customer service!

Original review: March 5, 2019

Problem - no way to email or get Account Closure confirmation in writing. I paid off the account in full then called to close it. A month later I get an email "reminding" me that I am accountable for a $10.95 monthly charge. I called again. "Systems down. Please call again in a couple of hours." I asked for an email address, they claimed there was none available. I am just put out about this mess. It is unacceptable. I'll call back, but I am also looking to elevate this matter to someone who will get it rectified.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

I paid the min amount due every month but they still hit me with the over the limit fees. They say it's outlined in the small print that when you pay the min amount due this does not include the finance charges so then they hit you with a $38 over the limit fee monthly when you pay what the statement advises you to send in.

Original review: June 29, 2018

This card is better to be compared to a loan shark. To make an online payment it will cost you $11.95 and your monthly maintenance fee is $9.95 which is $22.00 a month for payment and maintenance fee and your finance charge interest is 24% so do the math. It will cost you $150.00 to open the $500.00 credit Visa. You probably can get a better deal on the streets from a loan shark. I was a sucker to open this Visa Account.

If you decide to mail in payments they must be post maker 7 days before the due date or you will incur a late charge on the account and it will be at least a week before it will be posted to the account if you mail the payment. I guarantee you will be sorry you ever opened a credit card account with this people. Even third world banks give better deals than Applied Bank and to top it all it is legal and the Better Business Bureau will not do anything to help you because you sign to the agreement and even people who have to pay off their account in full end up with bad credit ratings from Applied Bank to ruin their credit, Beware!!!

Original review: June 16, 2018

I wish that I had never taken out this credit card. In the process of rebuilding my credit I have about 5 credit cards which are a mixture of secured and unsecured. Most have high interest and fees but all are acceptable and well within balance. I pay off whenever possible and my credit is going up now. This card is horrible, I paid off a large bill with it because they gave me a reasonable limit. Big mistake!

Unlike my other cards I can’t seem to pay this one off. Astronomical fees for payment, the highest I have ever seen! I know, I read the small print but I guess I didn’t realize how much it sucks from you. If you don’t pay it off, you will never move the needle making the minimum payment. I had to pay it off and now I’m stuck paying $10 a month plus payment fee for nothing. Try to cancel, I dare you! They won’t let you go once they have you and you won’t be able to stop paying because it will be a nasty mark on your credit file that you are trying so hard to rebuild. So yes, I am stuck with them possibly for life! Do not be tempted, run in the opposite direction!!!

Original review: June 4, 2018

Applied Bank Business Visa - Unethical, will cost $125.00 for $500.00 credit line. With $9.95 in monthly maintenance fees. It will cost you $11.95 to make a debit card online payment or a $6.95 Checking online payment. If you decide to mail your payment it has to be mailed at least 7 days before the due date or astronomical late fees. I open a Visa account on February. Today June my balance is $396.00 and my available credit is $0.00 dollars and customer service was not able to give me a straight answer why? Never no late payments or over the limit. This bank does not know what Integrity means. You been warned!

Original review: April 13, 2018

Be prepared to wait 7 days for your funds to be available. I make a payment on their website in full with a debit card, the charge goes through instantly and is immediately deducted from my checking account and they still won't make the funds available for 7 days... Your best bet is use First Progress, they make the funds available the same day.

Applied Bank Credit Cards Company Information