Disclosures

Stars Rating

• 1%
  • 99%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Credit First National Association?

Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed July 20, 2024

This is the worst experience I've ever had. Apparent I somehow missed a payment and so I tried to pay it today and it won't let me. They called me and harassed me for a month. And they aren't nice. I have to call them tomorrow now and see if I can't understand why despite making a payment it says no pending payments. The second this card is paid off I'm closing the account and burning it.

Customer ServicePunctuality & Speed

Reviewed July 19, 2024

If I could give a 0 I would. Worst credit card place ever. I still haven’t received my card. They don't even know what their fees are if you're late making a payment. I couldn’t make the payment due to me not having my card. They gave every reason why I couldn't pay over the phone. If I did it would be a 4.95 charge. Once I get it I will be cancelling. I don't need that negativity.

Get buying tips about Credit Cards delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Customer ServiceCoverageStaff

Reviewed July 2, 2024

The customer service staff is rude and incapacitated. They do not have the correct knowledge on the company's policy. The wait time to speak with a supervisor is absurd, on top of it all the supervisor was unable to help solve any problem with a customer's account. Yes, they got upset if you make early payments, and you have to wait 30 days before your payment can be posted. Worst company ever. PS: One agent picked up the phone and hung up, not a way to treat your customers.

Reviewed July 1, 2024

They keep sending me the bills but have not sent the credit card since I applied in February. I have called 3 times already and they had confirmed they are going to send long time ago. Today they say there is a hold and even after providing full social security number and driver license, they can't remove the hold. Going to cancel my credit card.

Verified purchase
      Customer ServicePriceOnline & App

Reviewed July 1, 2024

This credit card company does not want you to pay ahead or pay off early especially if using the app to make payments. They only you want to make minimum payments so they can make the most out of charging you interest. I have NEVER had a credit card (Chase, Capital One, ANY...) that does not let you pay ahead or more than the minimum amount due. When you call customer service, they will only read off of cue cards and don't know how to help you or work outside of the box to get done what you want to get done. They either hang up on you or put you on hold forever. They don't like to schedule payments ahead of time, so they tell you they have to get a "supervisor", and then you have to listen to him/her read from cue cards.

You can get the payments scheduled, but it is a huge hassle and something we should be able to do from the app rather than being on a 30 minute call. This is the WORST credit card company I have had to deal with and the worst customer service group as well. This card will be cut into many, many pieces never to be used again when I get my bill paid off.

Lenese

Worst company ever

Sales & MarketingPricePunctuality & Speed

Reviewed June 20, 2024

This card is basically a scam. They say things are your fault, and charge you a late fee even if you pay ahead of time. They don't offer courtesy removal of fees because they don't care about keeping you as a customer, they just want to try and squeeze as much money out of you as possible before you leave. Because you will leave. Their rewards system is also trash, because you cannot apply the amount of your awards to your balance, you have to make a /new/ purchase, and that /new/ purchase can only be at one of the auto shops they support and ONLY THEN will your rewards be applied as a balance credit to your card. Theoretically. I've never actually had this happen. Either way, DO NOT GET THIS CARD. I think I'd recommend Credit One before this card, and that's sad.

Customer ServicePricePunctuality & Speed

Reviewed June 20, 2024

Getting setup for CFNA was super simple and I didn't think much of it at the time. Boy was that stupid and yeah I've been burned since then. Because my life got busy I missed a couple of payments however after finally getting a hold of customer service (that takes forever) I apologized for missing it then asked to setup an autopayment so the account will be paid on time and I wouldn't have to worry about it again.

Imagine my surprise when I was told that wasn't possible. I asked why and was simply told, "Because we don't offer that feature." That's when I knew this was going to be an ordeal and CFNA is about as crooked as they come. No autopayments, customer service wait times that would even make AT&T blush, and when you get a human being on the other end you best expect to be talked down to like a child.

I can agree with every other comment on here, CFNA has setup their business practices around shady and mistrustful practices because they want you to fail so they can charge excessive late fees exceeding $40. Well CFNA I'm glad you terminated my credit line. When I finish paying off the last $900 you can roll over and die for all I care. Maybe this is the reason why your company is no longer branded on to TireRack and Discount Tires credit cards because you were replaced by Synchrony.

Customer ServicePunctuality & Speed

Reviewed June 10, 2024

This is the worst customer service, the worst card, and the worst online set up ever. 1) They do not have autopsy (why cause they want you to be late). 2) They only have pay ahead for couple months. 3) Customer service is combative and not helpful try to flip script of it being your fault. 4) If your payment is due on the first and you pay it on the first its a weekend they ding you for late payment cause they do not do transactions on weekend so that Monday it's late. (Told me to pay it early.)

Reviewed May 30, 2024

CFNA is the worst credit card company ever. I had a zero balance and make purchases after my billing closed and tried to pay it off during that billing cycle and could not. Now they are going to report to the credit bureau I have a balance. I tried to pay it off online and I could not. WHY, the Stupidest thing I have ever hear of. Why Not Let Me pay my bill off and have again a Zero Balance. Tried to mail it in, they would not post it. Tell Me the reason for this dumb action. Other credit card companies if you charge during the month you can also pay it off during that month.

Contract & Terms

Reviewed May 22, 2024

I made a promotional purchase with an end date of 5/23/24. I made large regular purchase in Feb. of 24 and paid it off at the due date of 3/23/24. CFNA chose to apply the payment to the promotional purchase leaving the regular purchase for them to charge interest. Under their terms and conditions, a payment in excess of the minimum payment made during the last 2 billing cycles of a promotional period will be applied to the promotional purchase first. My payment was intentionally made during the 4th of 6 billing cycles, to pay off the regular purchase, nevertheless CFNA refuses to credit it toward the regular purchase. CFNA has admitted their terms and conditions, but have stated that their system processed the payment and they cannot change it. From reading other reviews they apparently are stealing a few dollars from many, many cardholders.

Credit First National Association Company Information