Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card
3.28/5

Capital One Venture

The Capital One Venture card can help you earn points to use for travel. Read more Capital One Credit Cards reviews to learn about other Capital One credit cards.

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

Capital One Venture Reviews

Original review: April 21, 2019

I responded to a solicitation to open a Venture card at 0.0% finance charge for 15 months. I am looking to purchase a home and my credit history is perfect besides the fact I don't have enough of a credit line and this reduces my credit score. Still totally perplexed as to why I am punished for paying my credit cards in full and on time! But I digress... I took advantage of the deal to strengthen my credit score and put a balance on the card. I failed to review my statements for the first two billing cycles and discovered I was being charged interest. I called and the customer service representative said I did not have 0.0% financing. Her supervisor confirmed this and was unwilling to do anything to make it right. So much for customer experience when it comes to Capital (N)one.

Original review: April 6, 2019

Following a friend's suggestion, I applied for a Capital One Venture online (my credit score is close to 800). I received a voicemail from on 4/2/19 at 10:50 AM a Carolyn from the "Application Processing" to verify that I had applied to the card 1-855-522-7663. Gave me a file number. I returned the call today, April 5, 2019 at 11:34 AM and after a period of about 10+ minutes on hold, a representative asked for the application number and after verifying my information she told me that in order to approve my application they would need "some documents from me" starting with a copy of my Driver's License (front and back), a copy of my social security card...

I didn't let the representative continue. I told her I would NEVER, under any circumstances, place copy of my personal identity in the mail no matter what. This person (not so friendly) told me she was cancelling my application and that I would never be able to apply again for a Capital One Card. Sorry to say, it's their loss, not mine. Although I was looking to have a card for mileage no matter which airline, I was not looking to have my ID travel to a desk or "wallet" of some scammer.

In 30 years of credit history, and a good one, I have NEVER had anyone ask me to mail out copies of ID to approve an application.

Original review: March 27, 2019

Yes, I'll admit we did purchase a non-refundable room for one night. Unfortunately 2 days after purchase we were notified by American Airlines of the cancellation of the first leg of our flight. American was gracious enough to reschedule our first leg. Even though our 2nd leg, had not been cancelled as yet, they changed that too. This then messed up the hotel reservation. I was hoping Cap One could accommodate this change as I'm sure it's happening to hundreds of people across the county. Last Sunday I was transferred from Cap One to the hotel, to Expedia, with no resolution.

Tonight I was transferred to 3 people who kept me on the phone for over an hour while they contemplated what to do. The supervisor Nicole even took my flight info, to check my story I'm sure. All this for her to come back & tell me, "Sorry, we can't cancel your res." Well, they can keep their lousy $61 dollars. Clearly they need it more than I. I've cancelled our account. This card will no longer "be in my wallet".

Original review: March 7, 2019

If I could give no stars or negative stars it would be a better fit for this credit card company. I paid my balance off in full. A day or 2 later I am charged with an additional interest charge. They would not take the charge off the account. I WAS TOLD THAT I ACTUALLY DIDN'T PAY MY ACCOUNT IN FULL EVEN THOUGH MY ACCOUNT WAS STATING THAT I OWED $00 FOR 2 DAYS. Bogus charges for ** rewards. They will be losing a customer and many more over this ridiculousness. Very unsatisfied. My boyfriend had Capital One for a time in his life and warned me about this company. I guess I should've listened.

Original review: May 21, 2018

Took out a cash advance for one day. Paid back the next day plus interest according to representative. Asked him several times if that took care of the cash advance and he assured me it did. Unfortunately, because of a posting issue with my bank it didn't. So I've been accumulating interest in a cash advance. Supervisor said there was nothing he could do it was my fault. I switched to another card with a better rate and finally got rid of Capitol One. I have excellent credit and have never been late with a payment. They really did not do right by me. Do your homework before using any of their services.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Capital One Venture?

Original review: April 27, 2018

I just recently applied for the Capital One credit card. It came very quickly and was extremely easy to apply for. I originally applied online. I am not web wise and it was extreme easy. Within 3 minutes I knew the answer. I also like the fact that there is not a yearly fee for the card.

Original review: April 27, 2018

I have been using this card for over 10 years now and I cannot think of any easier way to redeem my earned points or a better customer service when I needed.

Original review: April 26, 2018

Their customer service is the best! I got full refund on airline miles when I had an emergency even though I had no travel insurance. I pay my card off each month. Use all my rewards on airlines, never on anything else.

Original review: April 26, 2018

This is the best credit card I have used. If they see something that doesn't look right I get a message or a phone call. Even though this card has a fee, I am able to get money back. Two points on every $ charged.

Original review: April 25, 2018

I have always had great service from Capital. The redemption process is easy and effective and great way to build travel benefits. I have been with them for at least 10 years and used my miles many times for travel to Europe. Love Capital One.

Capital One Venture Company Information