Find a Credit Cards partner

3. Credit Cards

3.9/5 (255 ratings)
Find a Credit Cards partner

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

About Capital One Venture

The Capital One Venture card can help you earn points to use for travel. Read more Capital One Credit Cards reviews to learn about other Capital One credit cards.

Pros

• Earn unlimited travel rewards
  • $0 introductory annual fee
  • High sign-up bonus

Cons

• No intro APR
  • Less flexible rewards

Bottom Line

Capital One Venture earns miles that can be redeemed for airfare and travel expenses. Venture miles are less flexible than cash back rewards, but the card’s extra perks and benefits are worth it for frequent travelers.

Get better rewards

Need a more rewarding credit card? Find the best card for you.

Choose My Card

Capital One Venture Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Capital One Venture?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Capital One Venture?

Original review: April 14, 2021

I had a $500 airline credit from a flight cancelled due to COVID. The flight was booked through Capital one travel center and redeemed with capital one points. I tried to redeem for a different flight and was told the new flight was $940 and that out of Pocket expense was going to be $440. I thought this was outrageous and found the identical flight on Kayak for $350. I purchased the flight out of pocket.

A few days later I checked the capital one website and found the same flight for on their website for the same $351. When I asked why the flight was not offered the first time i was told the capital one agents are not always able to see the cheapest flight. This is either a scam or total incompetency on their part. Either way is unacceptable. The website sucks and does not show travel credits or history and it takes hours to get any help as they are always experiencing an unusually large volume of calls. Do yourself a favor and put something else in your wallet.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2021

Planned a family Ski vacation for 12/12/20-12/19/20 3 other families. All families Had to purchase lift tickets through EPIC.Snow,Com/Vail Resorts in October. My family purchased 4 lift ticket at a total cost of $2,000.00. The Ski trip had to be canceled due to multiple Covid-19 issues. Informed Epic of cancelation. We never heard back from them so disputed lift ticket charge through Capital One Venture. Capitol One refunded amount, but EPIC charged back the card for the $2,000.00. The other families received credits from their credit cards with no charge back (AMX and Well Fargo).

When I explained my frustration to a Capital One customer service representative in why I was charged back and the other folks weren't, the representative explained their cards was tied directly to a bank (AMX, Chase, WellFargo) etc.. and have different "rules" in dealing with merchants. Basically, Capital One Venture offers NO CONSUMER PROTECTION! If you are considering applying for this card, please be aware! We are canceling and going to CHASE!

Original review: Dec. 18, 2020

I've had a Capital One credit card for a number of years, and have always loved that I could depend on what the statement closing date would be. It let me time my purchases, when I needed to, so that I could pay the entire balance in full each month. This time they did NOT notify customers of their decision to have the closing date now vary each month - not specifically. Instead, it was buried in my monthly statement and I did not notice it - and others did not notice it either. They're touting that my due date won't change - which makes no difference to me. Of course, this first month of their new policy EXTENDED the closing date - right before Christmas and with COVID economic problems - to report, and want payment of, a higher balance than what we're used to.

I've been reading reports of Capital One closing accounts that had been in good standing for years, discontinuing lines of credit, etc without notice - and am wondering if this change is an attempt to force us to pay their high rate of interest? When we've managed our credit properly all along? I'll be moving my current balance elsewhere (whatever's left by the due date) and cut WAY back on using this account. No doubt at some point they'll close my account since they aren't making money on me...

Original review: Oct. 27, 2020

CapOne Venture has a fee, but has zero foreign exchange fees, as well as 2% cash back. For some, these two benefits outweigh the cost.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2020

Once the coronavirus hit, it was hard keeping up with the $50/month payments. We are also one of the 2017 Northern California wildfire victims so, after losing literally Everything, it's been rough. Our score was at 800 only to be destroyed by Capital One and their fees! They didn't try to help. We have since canceled our cards and when we do get our settlement you can bet your bottom dollar we will never get another Capital One card.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2020

The Venture One card has pretty good rewards. The "miles" you earn may be used as statement credits for certain travel-related expenses, which allows for a wide breadth of expenses to apply points to (food and rideshare, for example). They also have an amazing, easy to use application and wonderful customer service.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2020

Refuses to overturn fraudulent transactions. I purchased a map (digital) from a website that is supposed to make it available after purchase. It was not available, and as the company had no phone number, I found their support email after searching for it. I emailed them, which was bounced back. No way to contact vendor, no content. I disputed the transaction, which about 45 days later was overturned to the scam website's favor after the vendor contacted them. What a joke of a company, I never had issues with disputes when using Chase or Citi cards.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2020

I've had the Capital One Venture Rewards card for about four years now. Recently, I went to make a purchase in the town I live in. For some reason, Capital One flagged the purchase as fraud. However, I called their fraud department right away from the department store. The customer service rep confirmed my identity by asking for the last four digits of my SS# and other personal information. She also sent a code to my cell phone to confirm, which I read back to her. She then said they were having some type of problem, and that although she had confirmed my identity and that the purchase wasn't fraud, she couldn't get her system to remove the fraud code, and so my account was frozen. She then told me that I would need to send in a photo of my ID for the fraud department to review, and then they would take the hold off my card within 7 to 10 days.

So basically, I have a card with an annual fee that I'm paying to use, that has blocked usage for 10 days. I literally use the card every day, always pay the bill on time, and have a credit score of 820. Their customer service was horrible, and there was 0 empathy. I will not be renewing this card because of the customer service, which has been poor on other occasions also.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2020

I have a Venture card from Capital One which I have had for quite some time. I have an 830 credit score and have never in my life been late with a payment on any credit card. They decided to cut my limit in half because I haven't used the card enough according to them. I called to complain and they basically told me tough. I have worked very hard to obtain an 830 credit score and this is how I am rewarded? If I charged up the card and paid the ridiculously high interest rates that they charge which is 16.9% I would not have the exceptional score that I have. I have that score because I pay on time every-time and I keep the utilization rate extremely low. They obviously don't like to work with people like me and rather have people that get accessed late payments and become stuck under their thumb for life.

Original review: June 10, 2020

Very disappointed in customer service and customer support. I tried to dispute a charge for a flight during COVID due to not being able to contact the merchant in any form to cancel, reschedule or try and get a refund. Absolutely No Support. The customer service representative didn't fully understand that communication with the merchant was completely null and therefore, resolution couldn't be obtained. I will cancel my card immediately.

Capital One Venture Company Information