2. Shopping
  3. Personal Care Products

3.4/5 (68 ratings)

About Sally Beauty Supply

Sally Beauty Supply Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sally Beauty Supply?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sally Beauty Supply?

Original review: Sept. 9, 2021

Sally has terrible customer services, I orders proclaim gel from them often, the order is always sent back to them once it is shipped out by the post office in California, because the items are all damaged. The warehouse is not putting enough packing support in the boxes for the hard plastic items that will break. Customer services has said to me several times that there is nothing they can do but send the warehouse an email asking them to package the items more secure. Not happening.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2021

Have been a loyal 20+ year customer until last week when I purchased 2 large bottles of product and was told a simple bag to carry these large bottles out would be an extra 15⍧. Seriously? I spent $35+ just that day alone and they want another 15⍧. They certainly don't need my money or business moving forward... Or my family's... Or my circle of friends. Greedy businesses are becoming the trend and they certainly have the option to upcharge for anything they choose. And we all have the option to support other more customer oriented businesses with our hard earned income. Will NEVER set foot in another Sally Beauty Supply store.

Get buying tips about Personal Care Products delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2021

On August 31, 2021 I bought 2 bottles of OPI nail polish at the North Etobicoke store off of Islington Ave, store # 5502. Normally the staff is helpful, cheerful, and can't do enough for you, always a pleasure to shop there. The sales person was stuck for an answer when I said "good morning." I then realized that she was in a ** mood. I grabbed the bottles of nail polish, and got ready to pay and make a fast getaway. The clerk barked at me if I was ready to pay. I walked to her cash, she then barked, I'm going to the other cash. Then why stand at the first one, or was it just another reason to ** at me.

Under the recent pandemic circumstances, I would of thought that the stores that have finally opened up, would be ready for business and people happy to be back at work making a salary. Not in this case. I'm not sure who this person is to the store, owner or manager, or just a clerk, but my goodness, stay home if that's all you have to offer is ** to your customers. I spent $32 on nail polish in about 2 minutes. I will never return to that store again. Fortunately there are lots of other stores in my area to buy products. I'm not sure if this incident was racially motivated or not, but no one deserves to be treated like I was. Don't shop at this store!

Original review: June 19, 2021

Terrible experience at N. Scottsdale 87th st. location!! I dealt with a rude counter person who refused to issue a credit because I would not provide my phone number. This is NOT part of their return policy. I had my receipt, the product was bought a week ago, and in unused condition. I am filing a complaint for both a violation of their own return policy and a violation of my privacy.

Original review: May 25, 2021

This product has been the worst investment I have ever made. The hair extensions show because the band is so thick that the hair is attached to. IT's not like I can just throw that money around so I want everyone to know you do not stand by your company or brands that you sell. I am so upset. I can not afford to purchase the other ones that I purchase all the time because I trusted Sally's. Never again. I'm filing a formal complaint with the state attorney general's office once I am done with this review. Also contacting the BBB. If I could leave a 0 I would.

Original review: April 18, 2021

I spent a ton of money on hair products just to come to the counter to be told if I want a bag to take my stuff home with I need to buy it. What kind of service is Sally’s trying to provide?? Puts a horrible taste in my mouth to even return.

Original review: April 9, 2021

If I could I would rate zero!! This is my first experience ordering online with Sally Beauty, and I must say it was a terrible experience!! I received someone else's order!! In the box was this person's personal information, which to me is a huge security breach! I called the customer service number asking if I could have my delivery next day, as I had booked an appointment with a hairstylist to come to my home this Sunday April 11, and I was told that wasn't possible!! Why not?!! This mistake was not mine, why wouldn't Sally do everything to make their mistake right, and to keep a customer!!!

Original review: March 29, 2021

So I always get my hair dye at Sally's, only because I don't know where else to go. I asked for a stain free stick, she gave me a cleaner. There were no swatches on the dyes. I was not told that I needed a color corrector. No caps were offered to me and I forgot I needed one. I asked many questions and got very few answers. I need a new place!!!

Original review: March 22, 2021

My husband purchased clippers on Friday 3/19. Told the clerk he wasn't sure if these were the ones he needed and would return them if they weren't. Got home, opened them and they were too big so I went to return them on Saturday 3/20. I was told that because the box was torn they could not refund me. Even though the store manager confirmed they had not been used and we didn't have them 24 hours and the receipt was there, there was nothing we could do. The store manager was very rude and acted as if I offended her by trying to make a return. The two customer service agents I spoke with over the phone were nice but basically said, "Oh well." The email I sent pretty much got the same response.

I just wasted $66 when I followed all of their guidelines. If a sale is final that should be made known. But Sally's is a company who is just looking to make a dollar and could care less about their customers. They just lost my business and I wouldn't advise anyone to spend money here! Take your business where it's appreciated and you're treated with respect. I definitely wouldn't give one star if it wasn't required. They deserve nothing.

Original review: March 9, 2021

I needed to get information about an online order that didn't have everything I ordered in stock. I called the customer service number which informed me my wait time would be, yes approximately, 10 minutes. They do offer a call back but as a professional stylist I don't take calls if I'm with a client!! They need a pro only number. After 29 minutes on hold I finally got an answer. She was very nice but at first didn't do the math right and I had to ask her to check it and do it again.

Sally Beauty Supply Company Information