1.24/5
Based on 156 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Last updated: May 3, 2018

160 Sally Beauty Supply Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 3, 2018

I haven't done anything to my hair in 3 years, so I decided to go to Sally Beauty Supply and purchase some hair color. I bought 3 boxes of blue black. It turned out brown. They REFUSED to return my money because I didn't have the tubes and only had 1 box (even with my receipt) due to the fact my 9-month-old daughter got sick. Any decent mother would do a clean sweep of the home and clean. I will NEVER step foot back in any of their businesses.

Original review: April 30, 2018

Traverse City Mi. The Sally's in Traverse City Michigan Garfield Township around 450 pm is awful. I shop here when I need things. I went in to by a Chi flat iron as mine quit working so I need it now and when I got there two ladies at register with only one customer. I waited for service and nothing. So then I wait for the customer to leave and I asked if they have the digital Chi and was the answer and no, they don't, so I was deciding in the aisle if I wanted to buy it price 99 dollars and I had decided to purchase as I need it now. I was going to order on Amazon but had decided to shop Sally's.

My 6 year old daughter was with me and picked out a brush she was going to buy 8.99. The short haired nasty women came around and was mean and nasty as hell to my daughter and said, "You can't brush your hair with that." I was ** buying the ** brush. I had other items and I put them all back and left. As I left she made a smart ass comment. Word of mouth is a powerful thing. So, I ordered from Amazon for more money. As a customer about to spend 200 dollars you would think she could have been polite and said to my daughter, "Can you please not do that." Lost a customer for life. Want nothing! So you will be out of business. Don't shop Sally!

Get expert buying tips about Miscellaneous & Personal Care delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 27, 2018

The Sally's that I go to is about 45 minutes from my house, so when I go I really need to make the trip count. I’m a bleach blonde, and I regularly tone my hair using Shades EQ at home. This particular day I needed to grab a toner, and since my stylist was out of town and I couldn’t get Shades EQ, I figured I’d just go to Sally. I’d only been here once before for purple shampoo, and the lady who helped me was so rude and didn’t know ANYTHING about the products. This time I went in search of Wella hair toner. I walked in the door and the girl at the counter just stared at me, smacking her gum, and didn’t say a word. I smiled and headed to find my toner. While trying to figure out what shade I wanted, a man that works there walked by me, staring, a solid 10 times. I felt like he thought I was a shoplifter or something. Anyways I got to the counter and the stalker man proceeded to say “you need help?” Like yes please I’d like to get my stuff and go!

Anyways he asks me if I have a Sally card, to which I replied that I didn’t think I did, and he rolled his eyes and signed deeply, saying “okay then do you know what you bought?” At this point I was getting a little irritated so I just smiled and nodded. He rang up my stuff, didn’t tell me what my total was, handed me my receipt and didn’t say a word as I left the store. Flash forward a week. I texted my stylist to see if I should use the stuff I bought and she told me absolutely not, so I went to return it.

The women at the counter was the sweetest lady, but she had no clue how to do a return (no problem though, she was so sweet). But as fate would have it, the same guy came to help her and was just as rude as expected. He asked me if I used the products a solid 5 times, said “maybe you should’ve know what you were buying” THEN tried to offer me store credit when I had the receipt and my return was 9 days after I bought the product. I laughed and said that I knew the return policy (literally it’s on the back of the receipt) he finally refunded my card, acting just as annoyed as ever, and being extremely rude to the sweet lady at the register, Coline maybe? Anyways, this place is AWFUL. The employees are rude, snobby, and completely useless. I won't ever take my business to that dump again.

Original review: April 1, 2018

My mom & I went to our local Sally's Store 3610 where we both shop frequently with the most recent coupon, buy 3 polishes get one free and a cosmetic bag. We were informed by the sales associate (very nice and well mannered young lady) that it was a misprint which didn't start until April 1. Being that there was no sign explaining that we asked if she could ask the manager if she would still honor the coupon. The manager hollers across the store at my mom and said, "No I will not honor it. You can come back on April 1" and she also stated that "you cannot get the cosmetic bag unless you buy makeup." I told her that the flyer does not state that makeup is required with the purchase it states spend 14.99 or more and receive a free cosmetic bag. I didn't get the rude manager's name because I walked out the store with an attitude that I will never go back to the Laurinburg, NC store & I will tell my friends not to go there either.

This event took place on Wednesday, March 28, 2018. On March 30, 2018, my mom & I went to a Sally's in Rockingham, NC store 3259 to get the number to the corporate office. We explained to the sales associate (Clarice) that we were not filing a complaint against her store. We explained what happened and she was very understanding and apologize for our issue. I called the corporate office and explained in detail the events that had taken place and how the manager spoke to my mother & myself. The customer service rep said that she would call the store and tell the manager to honor our the coupon. I told her that I was at a different location and she asked for the location that the incident occurred and the location that I was in at the time. She said that she would call store 3259 and have them to honor the coupon in its entirety.

Clarice in the Rockingham store received the call from corporate and honored the coupon. My mom and I were able to get the items that we desired along with the free cosmetic bag without purchasing makeup. I was very satisfied with the customer service we received from Clarice at store 3259, however, the manager at store 3610 needs to be talked to about how she treats people especially valued customers that shop in her store all the time. I really feel like it was more discrimination against my mother and I after she saw that we were ** women.

She literally yelled across the aisle as she walked towards us. WE WILL NEVER VISIT THE STORE 3610 as long as I have breath in my body. I really pray that some action is taken in this matter. It was not our fault that your coupon read from "NOW UNTIL APRIL 30!" If you have a nationwide misprint signage needs to be placed on the door of your locations across the nation. Thank you and I hope to get a response with a resolution.

Original review: March 17, 2018

I went in to this store on Saint Patrick's day and when I walked in I was not greeted by the lady in all black wearing a green tutu. Apparently she was the store greeter and I wasnt acknowledged. I stood in line with my return and receipt in hand. Another lady walked in behind me and she addressed her and asked if she had a return and asked her to place her item on the counter while she finds what she needed. She continue to address every other customer but me. However I am ** so maybe that was an issue for her. This is the North Richland Hills store bldg 470 on Hwy 26.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sally Beauty Supply?

Original review: Feb. 23, 2018

Bought a Hair Clipper from the Sally store in Burke VA, and noticed it was greasy and looked old/has been used before. I walked back to the store and explained the situation. I was told by the associate that I couldn't return it since I opened it. Asked for a manager, was told she will be in the store on a different day. Before going back, I called the Sally Customer Service and let them know my experience, as I didn't want to be sent back again. The agent contacted the store, while I was on the phone, and told me they were supposed to return it, and that I shouldn’t have any issue returning it. She even gave me the name of the associate I should talk to.

Went to the store and asked for that person, but the lady who sold me the item showed up and started off by saying that it was new when she gave it to me, and accused me of using it. I replied by saying, that she should open and check, as everything is still sealed in plastic, except for the oily clipper, which was not covered. I told her that I will be calling Sally if she was not willing to return the item. She said that I should call Sally back to let them know that they weren’t rude to me, as I “stated” in my original phone call. I never told the agent that they were rude to me; all I told her was that they refused to return the item. I don’t think the agent put words in my mouth. She was very understanding and a decent person.

The associate gave the stuff to another associate to refund me, and took another associate whom she told in Spanish that I was a “bruta persona”, not knowing that I understand Spanish. And the associate that assisted me followed on by saying that I “should get an education”, when I told her that I was not aware that I was charged $5 for membership. I honestly thought it was a free membership, when she asked me to sign up.

First of all, the associates violated the store’s policy by refusing to return the item; second, they insulted and humiliated me in front of other Spanish speaking customers playing like they were the victims in the case. Sally needs to do a better job listening to customer’s complaints, and disciplining these types of employees who are not well trained on their duties as customer service associates, who even refuse to take orders that come from the corporate level. I would like for Sally take an action on these two employees.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

BEWARE OR YOU COULD BE THE NEXT @Sallybeauty VICTIM! I went to @SallyBeauty in Piscataway NJ on Labor Day September 2017 to buy purple conditioner to pamper my virgin never dyed before hair after the summer. As I was paying the girl at the register convinced me that purple conditioner won't do anything to my hair and what I need is a Toner!! She took me to the aisle and grabbed a @wellahair T18 Toner. She swore to me that that's what I need, that it won't do anything to my brunette hair. It'd only ash any brassy streaks. She swore to me ever convincingly that this is what I need. That it won't touch my brown hair.

I took her advice and bought the product. Went home and used it only for my hair to turn a FLAGRANT CARROT ORANGE. It FRIED my hair and lifted all the color. I called the store. The manager who insisted that the @wellahairusa Toner doesn't do anything to brunette hair. @wellahair told me that this product is solely for blondes. Long story short @sallybeauty lied me to me and told me they'll pay to fix my hair then renounced it. This company doesn't take accountability for their actions. The image they portray here on social media is a LIE. BEWARE or you could be the next VICTIM. The customer service rep Sheila told me to get an estimate to get my hair fixed and that they'll give me conditioners. They never did and told me that they closed my case. They lie. They portray a fake image on their social media go to Sally ask a beauty expert. Well please don't do that or you could be the next victim!

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

I received a coupon for $3.50 to be used from Jan.1 thru Jan.31. The problem is that I received it on Jan. 15, and on Jan. 12 I had purchased enough supplies to last me a couple of months. I went back to the store to get a credit and they said their computers couldn't do it because I also had an exchange on the receipt. Very disappointed that they couldn't honor the coupon, or at least send me the $3.50. Seems that their coupons don't arrive on time for me to use them and there really isn't any benefit to being a member of Sally Beauty.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

So this was my first time purchasing from Sally's online rather than in their stores. Had received an email containing a link to their products that were up to 75% off. So confusing. Items that would initially show the 75% off while on the page viewing but then during checkout they no longer showed the 75% percent off stating that this item is no longer available for this price (to me, this is a false advertisement). Today I receive my package in the mail and lo and behold I am missing 5 products. Called customer service and they said they had none left in their warehouse. Hmmm, a phone call would have been nice seeing as how I'm sure they would be expecting one from me. Some stores just are not worth shopping online at. Will stick to the brick and mortar stores because I do tend to like Sally's products.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

I went into Sally Beauty Supply first thing when they opened to two ladies working there at store #670, Little River Trpke - ** and **. I have fashion colored hair which requires frequent maintenance. I was in there looking to do something new (go silver), and the 2 workers helped me here and there for about an hour whenever I sought them out (they kindly offered help for about the first 10 minutes till I let them know I was going to be there for a while. They didn't hover or make me feel like a shoplifter (as some others have claimed), and as I said, they were more than happy to assist.

No matter the bazillion questions I asked, they were more than happy to give advice, pick out products that I was familiar with (ION), and helped me tailor what I needed. They did NOT try to upsell anything or try to force me to buy extras, I appreciated that. Ironically, when I asked them for a website or number I could call to say how great they were - the workers called their headquarters and the headquarters clearly stated (I could hear them over the line) they did not want to give out a phone number because they didn't want bad customer comments or reviews. I managed to google some stuff and came across this site. Hopefully this gets somewhere for those few great workers! So thank you ** and **! Much appreciated. :)

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

In Mentor, Ohio, I purchased a T-Blade from Sally's not being told that it was non-returnable. Upon returning it (unopened, unused package, It was then that I was told it was nonrefundable. The girl Jessica was very unprofessional and rude as a lot of their employees. I then called corporate which was no better. I now see why a lot of my friends do not want to do business with this company. Beware of purchasing anything from this store. They are not honest. I would have accepted the no return policy if I had been told that upon the purchasing of this item. Also corporate is just as unprofessional as their stores. I would have even accepted a credit but it was their rudeness that did it for me.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

One day when checking out, an employee mentioned their rewards card. She said it was $5 to get, but it would have discounts and rewards on it, and I would get it in the mail in a few days. After I signed up and paid for the rewards card, she then tried selling me stuff on top of what I was already purchasing, but I was happy with what I had already and declined. Well, a week goes by and I stop in to mention that I hadn't received my rewards card in the mail yet, and the manager told me they don't have a card... It's just an email service. I paid $5 to get emailed by Sally Beauty, and most of the emails I get aren't even discounts, they're just emails about new products.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

Both male and female working at Sally Beauty Supply on Sunday October 22nd 2017 In North Haven CT Store in the afternoon are the most disrespectful no experience having employees. Could not even help me with a simple question on a product they sold me. Both employees sat there talking behind my back at the register like I couldn't hear them and I told them to their face, “I can hear you talking ** about me. Sad that you both don't even know your job & when to still in your line & not knowing anything about products that you sell.” I would never go back or even recommend anybody going to that store as long as those two employees are working there. My first & last time going to that Sally in North Haven CT SUCKS!!! Get New employees with better attitudes and knowledge of the products the store sell!

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

I lost my receipt. I went to the store and I was told that I can call customer service and they can find my transaction online and return my money. I wasted 2 weeks. They told me that I can only do an exchange or gift card. The lady on customer service can view how I paid, with my bank card, but will not honor that. So, what's the point on calling customer service? The other store in town only does exchanges without receipt and this one gives gift cards to anyone without receipt. They make their own rules. Once I spend the gift card, I will never buy anything here again!!!

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

I purchased a replacement clipper blade, it did not cut at all. I tried to exchange it the very next day and they said all sales are final on clipper blades. Of course the girl working didn't care one bit and just said, "Sorry that's policy" and basically turned around and started doing other stuff. I then called in to customer service and after waiting 20 minutes finally talked to someone who also didn't care about the issue either.

I explained that I purchased it the day before and that I just want a replacement as it must be defective. She said, "Well you can contact the manufacturer and try to get a refund that way." What I love is that in big red writing on the receipt it says "Love it or return it guarantee" then in small print "except clipper blades." Why would you sell a product that you don't stand behind? I should be able to return it to Sally and they can return it to the manufacturer. Their customer service has always been terrible, at almost all of the stores I've been to the girls are always very rude or snotty. This one was the last straw, I will not be shopping here anymore and will go elsewhere.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2017

Rude treatment at Rio Rancho store in NM. My story is the same as all complaints posted against them. They treat you like a criminal for returned junk from China. They do not honor their own policy. It's mostly left to interpretation or what mood current cashier is in. I got a 20% off--big deal, that is not what I wanted. I will never go back and I had been loyal for several years. How are these people still in business?

Original review: Sept. 5, 2017

To Sally's CEO, Carrie McDermott-- You advertise all over the internet as to your return policy, which is basically "Love it or you can return it." Refund with receipt, no receipt OK if returned in 60 days but you will receive a Sally gift card (store credit basically) which was acceptable to me. Unfortunately my experience was not as easy as that, and "Amanda" the Associate, at your Lindenhurst, NY store felt she'd impose her own policy rather than follow yours. I've tried contacting the store manager first but no one will tell me his/her name; in any event it's best I inform you, as basically the upshot is, that this "Amanda the Associate" in your Lindenhurst, NY (Long Island) store is making a liar out of you, in refusing to honor your store's return policy, the one that you advertise all over the internet across the United States. (False advertising, as you must be aware, is a crime.)

I am alerting the IC3.gov about my encounter today. To add insult to injury, this "Associate" who not only failed to carry out your return policy and wasted over ONE HOUR of my time this Sunday, but just had to give me a parting "jab" as I headed to the door after she actually barged in, mid transaction, and told the pleasant cashier who was assisting me not to return (exchange) my product. While I did not have a store receipt (as I did not anticipate my not liking the products) I tossed it, but I did have a printed out credit card transaction, date, reference #, total amt., store # etc. I also had printed out almost anticipating a problem as I read several negative reviews on "Yelp" as to rude staff who fail to honor the return policy, in many of your stores.

I had your return policy with me, that you can "shop Sally with no worries, as there is a "Love it or Return it" Guarantee" no hassles etc. Stipulations were, WITH a receipt, you get a store refund in 30 days & after that within 60, with or without a receipt you get a store credit, and without a receipt, you get a store credit even if you return it within 30, max 60. No mention of "used products" as very obviously, that would be counter to your "love it or return it" policy. (Obviously, how can you know if you "love it" if you don't use it?) Amanda the angry Associate, didn't seem to grasp this... It is a pretty clear, concise policy, but Amanda the Angry Associate was apparently not capable of understanding it; either that or your policy is completely bogus.

I purchased 2 products, about 12 days ago. One was "Crepe Away", an over priced anti wrinkle cream that I was very dissatisfied with, it was very "watery", not creamy & didn't do a thing for my skin. The other product was worse - ION Hair color. I chose shade 8N, supposedly a medium neutral blonde which is not neutral at all, it left my root area and 3" extending into a charcoal very dark ash color! I was embarrassed to have to go to a party I had to go to that same day with charcoal grey roots and discolored hair. And so, this past Sunday, I went to Sally's on Wellwood Ave, in Lindenhurst, NY to return these inferior products. As I entered, a pleasant enough young woman listened to my problem, I explained in detail as to how I used both products and I even showed her how the ION hair color discolored my hair; the damage/discoloration was very obvious.

The cashier said since I did not have a receipt, she could not refund me, but I could exchange it. I shopped around trying to find $19.00 worth of products I wanted, which was difficult as I noticed you no longer carry the really good, well known brands you used to stock years ago. (i.e. "Matrix", "Goldwell", Loreal's Kerastase, etc.) Most of the brands you carry now are brands I never heard of, and after using ION that ruined my hair which I never heard of I was hesitant to use any more no-name brands. The few brands you currently sell, that I am familiar with, ie, "Wella", "Clairol", some "Loreal" hair colors are all the older products and so I spent over ONE hour searching your store and finally found 3 products that although I was not "thrilled with" felt I could use. I returned to the counter where the young pleasant cashier held my $19.50 products for which she, in compliance with your refund policy, agreed to exchange.

As I spoke with this somewhat pleasant cashier who was about to assist me, this older, heavier woman probably near 30 or so, barged in, threw her weight around, and told the cashier who was assisting me not to return my goods as I did not have a receipt. I explained to her, just as I did the first pleasant cashier my predicament and showed her, that I have a detailed, printed out copy of my credit card transaction, and I also showed her a copy I had with me of your store return policy, saying very clearly that I did not need a receipt within 60 days, and that I could get an exchange. She said "No you can't because you used it" I replied that of course I used it, and that is how I know I do not like it, I showed her my hair discoloration, and reminded her and showed her YOUR "Love it or Return it" Policy, and asked her "How would I know if I "love it' or not, if I did not use it?

She again was adamant, and told the younger more pleasant cashier, who was attempting to assist me, not to help me at all and that I need a receipt. I asked the rude, burly one her name, she said "Amanda." I asked her position, she said "Associate". I wrote it down, this Amanda could see I was clearly agitated, and as I turned around and headed to the door to leave, "Amanda the obnoxious Associate" yelled out with a menacing grin, "You have a good day now!" I assured her I would.

This is the manner in which I was treated Ms. McDermott and Mr. Brickman (if you are still there?). I had in the past, frequented on and off your store for many years, not all the time especially once "Ulta" arrived on the scene, but I did shop there periodically. No more, I will never again frequent your store, not after being treated like that, and LIED to regarding your return policy. Not only did "Amanda the Angry Associate" disrespect me, but she disrespected YOU as well... this is YOUR policy, not mine, and she basically made a Liar out of YOU; her unprofessional behavior reflects on YOU and all of Sally Beauty stores. This angry Associate, "Amanda" has implemented her very OWN return policy for your Lindenhurst store, it appears she thinks she runs Sally, not you!

I've commented on the Sally Beauty Lindenhurst Facebook page, and whoever runs that page has not responded to any of my numerous comments these past few days and so I will keep on posting there until Amanda over there publicly apologizes for her atrocious, egotistical, unprofessional disgusting behavior. I think she was probably trying to show the younger, slimmer more attractive Associate "a thing or two" and just decided to throw her weight around by barging in on our transaction and undermining the efforts of the younger cashier, who was actually following your store return policy in a polite manner - guess she wanted to show us both "who was boss"; her obnoxious behavior didn't impress me at all and I will be sure to tell all of my women friends my awful experience on Sunday at Sally.

This "Amanda the Associate" wasted over an hour of my time on Sunday no less, I am a busy woman, particularly on Sundays as my husband is a pastor. My time is worth $75 an hour. I did not have that hour to waste, nor did I care to be treated like garbage by a likely jealous woman with a huge chip on her shoulder particularly after having purchased an inferior product at Sally that ruined my hair... I thought if anything Amanda the Associate's tone would be far more apologetic rather than hostile and rude. "Amanda the Associate" needs additional training, I'd suggest having the younger more capable cashier who followed your rules re-train her -- or better yet part ways - certainly "Amanda the Angry Associate" is not helping your store's image. I will never set foot in another Sally again because of Amanda the Associate and will share my experience there with all females who care to listen.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2017

If I could rate 0 stars I would. Immediately walking into the shop I see an older woman at the register that literally ducked behind a tall stand of earrings as she made eye contact with me. She peeked out from behind the stand and I was the first to say hello. She responded hello back but did not welcome me for coming in or ask if I needed any assistance. I immediately walked up to her and asked where the hair removal section was rather than wander around. She walked me over to a start of an aisle and pointed that it on the right. It was at the far end of the aisle and I found it myself. Considering they have all of 4 aisles she could have walked me to the section. There was one other customer in the store at the time. It took me 2 minutes to grab my selection and greater than 15 minutes to be rung out. Another employee was in the store at the front register.

The older lady was ringing out the other customer in the store. The second cashier didn't bother to greet me when she made eye contact and proceeded to pull the register. I overheard the older lady tell her current customer that she couldn't make the coupon apply even though it did match her items and she would just have to use it another time. When it came my turn the older lady cashier tried to tell me that she couldn't get my coupon to apply even though it clearly matched the items too. The second employee wandered around not helping any of the incoming customers or the cashier I was stuck with that clearly had no idea what she was doing. This place and their customer service is a joke.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

This comment is in reference to the Store Manager and staff of the Lenoir City, TN location. Most locations of Sally in TN are good, but this one is atrocious. This store manager, on every occasion, has been hostile and rude to us. Today, she lied to my fiance about our Sally Card expiration, which according to Sally is valid until August 31st, but she claimed was expired, in order to deny our discount. She said I was rude, to which I replied she had the worst customer service of any Manager in Lenoir City. We exchanged words, and she ended up telling me she would call the police (which she evidently did not do, but I did do out of concerns over her apparent emotional and mental instability).

I have never had an experience like this anywhere, with anyone, but I have been informed that she has had other complaints. For my part, I consider the matter settled, although I will never do business with this store again and will advise all of my tax clients and friends to refrain from doing business with this store's abusive staff in the future.

Original review: July 15, 2017

Very rude and dismissive representatives, just for asking very kind questions. This is not about products use or misuse. As a regular customer I was asked to leave the store quite unexpectedly. Their excuse was issues with shoplifting. You have to trust me here... I NEVER would steal beauty supplies or in any way looked like (not "bum" like in any way) or acted like I would do such a thing. I'm sure "well we had shoplifting" was their excuse. I'm sure they really did not suspect me of it. I remained calm the entire time; but I tell you it was the most challenging in my many years. They just wanted me to buy *more* and leave the store.

Sally's corporate took the side of the very strange manager and shut me out completely. Can you imagine? Do not make the mistake of appealing to corporate. A shocking and complete waste of time and they even threatened me (with my info) too! I regret contacting them as now I'm afraid of further false witness. What bothers me is they made a point of the fact they have all my personal information. They said they'd sue me If I protested their store. LOL.

I ask you. Do shoplifters buy from stores while giving them all their private information, including home address!? They make no sense. My only guess is I did not spend over $100 and was asking about specials and bargains. Else their manager is having mental breakdown. BTW: They're "sales" were also not available (in stock). The reps seemed overworked and so I was like VERY VERY polite about not needing to be first or anything like that. I was purposely civil and kind with them. Very strange behavior by them and I'm shocked to learn it's nationwide also. I note the company earnings are trending way down. Maybe they are going out of business. I think all I can do now is not return. Sad, strange and very bad feeling experience. All I can really do is tell you. One star should be a no star rating.

Original review: July 14, 2017

Walked in with 4 boxes of hair dye to exchange. I am a 63 year old mother of eight and grandma of 17, so I am going gray. I was approached by a tattooed lady with heavy makeup named Tina. She said in no uncertain terms. No exchanges, no returns, no store credit, nothing without a receipt. I told her I had been coming here for years and never had a problem before. She was adamant. There was nothing she could do for me. I told her I would Yelp her and asked for her name. She said "Go ahead" and gave me her name in a taunting manner. I was so frustrated I threw the boxes on the floor and said keep them. I have no use for these. She immediately said "Call the police." I went to my car and she stood outside taking my license plate down.

At first I left but decided since I had done nothing illegal to return. I myself called the police. She then went on to lie and say I had hit her with the dye box in the arm. Never happened. Two of my grandchildren were with me and witnessed her lie. After two police cars arrived and I spoke with them and she did the police told me I could leave. Later after speaking with customer service I found she had also lied about the return policy. She was supposed to give me store credit and did not. Horrible experience, horrible service. She looked like a bag lady and has no business working with people in a retail job. And as far as Sally's making good on this atrocity they offered me a 5 dollar coupon on a future purchase. No thanks. I won't be back.

Original review: July 8, 2017

I was very disappointed in the customer service it was given here. I came to buy a keratin, I asked an employee to see where I could find it and she had no idea what I was talking about. She was acting very rude and making faces. I did not like the customer service whatsoever. I am not returning to this location again. It was today in Palm Springs Florida… Congress before 10 ave. They were really rude. We got there one minute before closing, I think that's what make her act like that. I told her that I just needed to know if they have it.

Original review: June 23, 2017

I visited the Sally Beauty Supply in Miramar, Fl. Was there to purchase some shampoo. I like good customer service, but that isn't what I received. I was followed around the store and watched over like I was going to steal something so I told one of the associates that I was fine, she didn't have to stand over me because someone had already helped me out. Her response "I don't tell her how to do her job," so I put the product back on the shelf and left the store. I don't spend my money where I'm treated like a suspect.

Original review: June 12, 2017

I went to the Sally Beauty Supply in Wilsonville, Or today and had a not so nice experience. The young lady had only been on the job 2 days and had been left to herself with 4 customers in the store who all had questions. The Assistant Manager, Maria, made a short appearance and refused to help anyone as she was busy in the back. I later learned she left a new employee alone in order to finish her lunch without any additional coverage for actual customer service. I called the Denton, Texas Corporate Office and asked to speak to a Customer Service Person and was sent to a message center. When I tried to call again and expressed my wish to speak with an actual Human Being I was connected to a line that informed me my phone number was being recorded by their system as a nuisance call and all other calls would be refused. I was not impolite. I was calm. I was treated terribly!!! Those jerks don't deserve any more of my business.

Original review: June 9, 2017

You guys need better procedures on how to handle shoplifters. I feel EXTREMELY uncomfortable in your stores. I have NO peace of mind when I shop. People like having control over their purchases and not feeling like they are about to be bounced out of the store by your goonie employees. I have seen where an employee has stopped a shoplifter and I thought she was about to hit the customer! I was scared!!! Stop being so mean to your employees and stop hiring mean people for your stores. It shows!!!! I spend A LOT of money at Sally's. I really do. You guys take most of my money, but it feels extremely uncomfortable to shop at a Sally's. The other Sally's I went to were nothing but a bunch bullies as employees. They were crude and talked about people in a rude way right in front of me! You guys really need better ways to hire employees or you're going to have a lawsuit on your hands eventually.

Original review: June 7, 2017

I visited this store (Sally's beauty supply Madison MS) today to purchase a Denman's hair brush. I have used this brand for over 30 years but opened the package to test the firmness of the plastic bristles and to compare against a generic brand they were selling. This sent the sales associate (only employee in the store) into a lecture asking me if I planned to purchase the hairbrush and how no other customer would want to buy the hairbrush if the box had been opened. Really? The box was not sealed. I carefully put the brush back in without affecting the packaging in any way. I certainly did not try to brush my hair with it or contaminate it in any way. Due to the rudeness of this employee, I left the store and ordered the product online. No customer should be treated with this lack of respect.

Original review: May 31, 2017

I have continually been treated horribly by the manager of the Albemarle, NC location. She treats me like I am inferior and beneath her. She embarrassed me by fussing at me today in the store. She is mad at me because two of her prior employees asked to come work at my Salon/Spa because she was hateful to them as employees. She always talks rudely to me and never wants to help me find anything. She has no reason being a manager because she has no training or expertise in customer service or satisfaction.

Original review: May 28, 2017

I managed to screw up my hair with normal hair dye from Walmart. So, I went to Sally's where the staff was eager and ready to help. Lue and Ruth were two of the nicest women I've met. They were able to quickly help me figure out what products I needed in a quick and easy manner. Thank you Sally's for hiring such wonderful employees. Keep up the good work!

Original review: May 26, 2017

Went in to Sally's in Philadelphia to buy some color on 2 different occasions. A young lady name Kristen was very sweet, helpful and very friendly. The lady I found out later to be the manager named Peaches was cussing out customers, was disrespectful and had a horrendous body odor the emanated off of her clothing. The second time I was there, I dealt with a smart-ass 21 year old named Zulma who was more concerned about her phone instead of helping me. She gave me an attitude and sly remark. Rudeness, unprofessional staff. Thankfully Kristen was there and she was more than willing to help me find what I was looking for. If Sally's had more employees like Kristen in Philadelphia and in my city of L.A. more people would visit your establishment. Thanks Kristen for your friendly smile and help.

Original review: May 22, 2017

I went to Sally Beauty on Wednesday 5/3 and told the saleswoman that I wanted a product to take the brassiness out of my light blond hair. She sold me ION product which she said would work because blue would take the yellow out. After applying it on my hair I immediately realized that the blue color was not washing off my hands and jumped out the shower. With my heart pounding I looked in the mirror to see BRIGHT BLUE hair! Immediately phoned the Sally's store where I'd made​ the purchase and spoke to Jessica who said to use baking soda and dandruff shampoo to take out the color--that did NOT work so I called my hair stylist who suggested I come to the salon the next morning. She was able to get the BLUE out and get my hair back to a normal color... It took her over 3 hours to correct this horrible BLUE color problem!

Nowhere on the label did it say to use rubber gloves when applying or that the product was permanent and could not be washed out. My hair is now damaged with a bald spot on my hairline with overall thinness throughout... My hair is not as curly because of the damage that was caused because of using this product that I was sold in your Sally's store in St. Anthony, MN. Salespeople need better training... I should never have been sold this product simply to get brassiness out!!! At 65 years old it was a traumatic experience to have my hair turn BLUE and look like a punk rocker! I would suggest that Sally's needs to TRAIN their​ people better so someone else doesn't get BLUE hair unless that's what they want which I definitely did not.

I was denied reimbursement of $188.50 for having to have my colorist bring back my hair to a normal color. It took her over 3 hours plus she had to cancel 2 appointments to squeeze me in as I was so horribly upset by this traumatic experience. I was too upset to take photos of the blue hair but believe me, it was bright blue! Needless to say, I will never ever buy another thing at Sally Beauty and will make sure no one I know will either.

Sally Beauty Supply Company Information