1.23/5
Based on 180 reviews that contain star ratings

184 Sally Beauty Supply Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 22, 2019

I placed an order during the late afternoon on 3/21/19. As I was checking out online I reviewed all my information and clicked the place order button. I got the swirly icon (processing) then nothing. Still at the place order screen. So I scrolled up and saw a red box. The red box was a message stating that “due to either a higher order volume or connection error my order could not be placed. Your card will not be charged until you order is successfully processed. Please check back in a few minutes and try again. For help contact....” So I waited a few minutes and tried again same message. I did this 6 times. I logged out, logged back in, and went through the entire process again re-entering my information. It was at this point I realized that the address I was shipping to was different from my billing address. I added my billing address and continued on to place my order. It then was successful.

I immediately went and emailed customer service to express that I understood the red box message stated I wouldn’t be charged but I wanted to have the reassurance that I wouldn’t. I had read a review on here that said another customer had the same thing happen to her. I checked my email the next morning and the only thing in my email from Sally Beauty was my order confirmation with the exact charge for my order. Later on in the day on 3/22/19 my husband called me from our bank and told me that we had been charged for every single attempt I had made at placing the order, over $500 was taken from my account. I had a screenshot of the message in the red box that clearly states that this EXACT thing would NOT happen.

I got on the phone and called customer service at Sally Beauty. The representative I spoke with was very very nice, friendly, and helpful. The only reason for the 2nd star I might add. He explained that each time you hit that place order button your bank (meaning the customers bank!???!) puts a hold on that order amount and that your (my) account was not actually charged and wouldn’t be until order is shipped. It’s all in the pending stage until then. Okay well then why did my bank (and his online banking account) tell my husband that the money (over $500) was paid to Sally Beauty? And why would my bank automatically authorize 7 identical charges when I have fraud protection? (But that’s a different can of worms opened up after dealing with Sally’s.)

In the end I had to contact my bank to get the fax number from them so that my money could be put back into my account, which I had to wait through the weekend for in the middle of a huge snowstorm, hoping that nothing catastrophic happened where I’d be needing that quite large amount of money to go back into my account. Please please be advised!! If you try to place an order online with Sally Beauty and it doesn’t successfully place your order the first time CALL Customer Service IMMEDIATELY!! And whatever you do, do NOT trust the message at the top of the screen in the red box. You WILL be charged for every single time you press the place order button!!

Original review: March 21, 2019

I have been shopping at Sally Beauty Supply stores for 32 years. I've lived in 4 different states and the Portland Maine location is the worst. I am not only given bad advice, but the manager of the store particularly when I came in 3/20/19 at 11 am was very rude again! I came in to return a color that I bought 2 weeks ago, unopened with a receipt and I was told to wait while she went back into the office for 15 min, she then began to ask me the same questions over and over. Interrogating me very meanly until I began shaking and scared of her. I told her that my grey was coming in and the stuff I usually use was gonna be too dark, eventually she returned it but I was very upset with how bad she treated me, no one was wearing a name tag.

A couple months ago she did the same thing, I had my receipt and it was unused. She was so nasty I cried, and I told her I won't come back again, she said nothing. Unfortunately I need Sally and I need better advice, all the advice I get is either bleach it, keep bleaching and get the bucket. When I change my mind and dont want to I get- so you're returning ALL this? I really am thinking of never going back and strongly recommending my family and friends not to shop at Sally. I've had to return products because it caused dermatitis and I get treated badly. I'm still very upset. I've emailed corporate and apparently nothing has changed. As a customer I mean nothing and I've lost only my hair and my money there.

Get expert buying tips about Personal Care Products delivered to your inbox.

Want to claim this page for your business? Learn More
Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

I love Sally Beauty but what bothers me is that they don't take orders over the phone if you're having online issues. What kind of business does not take online orders when your site is not working. Definitely losing business. I called Customer Service and advised them of the issue I was having online and then I asked if I can place my order with the representative and she full out said, "NO. We don't process orders over the phone." Nice way to keep customers happy.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

I recently had the "dip" nails removed, which left my nails scuffed up. Not wanting to process them again for a while, I decided to only use OPI Nail Envy Nail Strengthener. The product normally sells for around $10, $11, or even $12. My husband was charged $17.99, plus CA tax, it came to $19.38 -- about twice what it should have cost. That's the last time we go into that place. I am sick of their ridiculously high prices. A dollar or two, OK, but not twice the amount. I feel like a chump and they have lost a customer.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

I went into Sally Beauty in Oakville two days ago. I was looking at the medium golden blonde Christie Brinkley hair extensions. They did not look like they matched my color from the box and as you know you are not allowed to open the box and there is just a few pieces of hair you can use the hold up to your own hair to see if it matches. I asked the girls and the girl said the hair is not necessarily supposed to match every hair on your head and that is why the hairpiece has various colors in it. That way you can blend in with various shades of hair. This is what they explain to me.

When I got home both my spouse and I saw it did not match at all. I did not wear it and yet they are refusing to return it. I even called corporate office which I thought would have a voice above them and they said they cannot come it’s the store to return it either. This was only two days ago that I bought it and it is still in the packaging. I know in the store like maybe the color match closer to my hair but in the natural light as well as in other lights the hair is a completely different shade. I’m very disappointed in this and hope I’m not losing $100 just because Sally Beauty‘s cashiers wanted to get some commission and sold me the wrong hair color.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sally Beauty Supply?

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

First of all they claim to have “2 day shipping over $25” but the products take a week to come...like huh? Anyways, they don’t even indicate if a product is sold out. Why would you make the product available to “add to basket” when it really wasn’t available to begin with? Now the money has already been taken off my card and I have to wait even more days for a refund. -_- What’s even more annoying is that no matter how many times you try to contact them, they don’t flippin answer. All of this would have been avoided if they let customers know which products are and aren’t available for purchase. Well I’m done shopping with 'em, completely waste of time.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

Horrible customer service. I walk into the store, it reeks of nail polish or nail polish remover, and there's no employee in sight. I heard a faint welcome from the back, and it's obvious that someone is back there and has been playing with nail polish. I came in looking for some hair bleach, developer, and toner. I don't usually get help from salespeople, but I was in a rush. My mom, who was with me, told the person working there that we needed help finding the hair toner. The employee had dyed pink hair, so I figured she might be knowledgeable about hair toner. She takes some time to find it, which I really could have done myself, and while she's searching, she doesn't say excuse me to get us to move or anything. She just kind of moves in our way.

It was awkward. I tell her thank you, and would have left it there, but she was around my age, so I felt comfortable asking more questions. I asked if the toner I wanted, Wella T18, was there. She finds it, and it's a small bottle, so I asked her "Do I need two of these?" to get a second opinion, as application of hair product varies depending on the person and their hair type/thickness. I was very sweet and asked her as if she was a friend. She so coldly and rudely told me "Do you think you need two?" I was taken aback. I was thinking... I don't know??? You're the employee, I've never used toner before so I don't know? Why would I ask if I knew? She was so rude and stuck up.

I brushed it off in the moment because I was so shocked. She could have said anything but that. She could have said she's not knowledgeable enough to know if I need two, or that it depends on my hair, or heck, even say "Yes, you'll need a couple haha." Something. Instead she gives a nasty attitude. I'm never going back there. She doesn't deserve a job with that type of attitude. I gave two stars instead of one, because she at least found the product I wanted.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

I went to the Sally Beauty Supply in Panorama City, I wanted to dye my hair a lighter shade. It was already kinda a reddish blond, but I wanted more of a sandy blond. I had a wig that I wanted to match them with. The lady there saw that I had a little regrowth of darker brown hair so she suggested I stripped the color from all of my hair. I like a fool took her advice and weakened my hair. I should have walked away but she spoke like she was a hairdresser something. I will never take advice from anyone working @ Sally Beauty Supply. They don't know anything about what is safe for your hair. My hair is broken and it's going to take me a while to regrow. It makes me sad because I believed the her. I thought she knew product. I was wrong. This review is to warn others that Sally's employees are just on the clock and could care less if they give you wrong information that will ruin your hair.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

How ridiculous to set up a 2 day delivery game and take 3+ days to put the product in the bag! They take marketing tips from Amazon, but have no clue about managing expectations or actually following through.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

Don’t ever trust what they say! You would think they would know something about hair since it is a beauty store. I was talking to the cashier And apparently the manager. I was asking them about the best hair straightening PERM, since I didn’t want to spend a whole lot of money at a salon... Boy how I wish I would have spent that money on a professional! They told me and I quote: "You don’t have to spend extra money on the straight perm. You can get the basic perm kit... the ones that was used in the early 90’s because everyone had to have curly hair." They said that, "That is the exact same thing, but instead of putting your hair in rollers, just brush it straight." Boy, were they wrong on so many levels. It completely messed my hair up and half of it came out on the brush that I was using to keep it “brushed straight.” You would figure that they would have some kind of training since they work at a beauty supply store!

Please, take my warning seriously, do not take any advice from those people!!! My bad experience was the store located in Thomasville, NC. Thank you Sally for ruining my hair, and now I have to spend so much more money to get it fixed!!! I’m rating this one star, because it doesn’t give you an option to rate zero. You know me not shopping there with my three girls that dye their hair very often isn’t gonna make much of a financial difference for you, but hopefully I can open up someone’s eyes to read my warning. So disappointed and disgusted with this company!!!

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

I walked in and asked the associate about a bleach that didn't break my hair as much 'cause I wanted to color my hair a light brown. She told me that I had to bleach it and then I had to start with a ashy brown until my brownish red color was gone. I asked where are the bleach for the hair and she only told me it's on the next one. I have never bleach my hair and need the help to see which one I could use. She help people coming in and never came back to help me. Never again will I step inside this Sally on Boca Chica.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

I am a 17 year old mother to be and I was just trying to go blonde. I had dark brown hair at the time. My sister and I came into their store in Baraboo. I was approached by this small young lady with blue eyes and pink hair, I asked her if she had any Aragon oil free products because I'm allergic. I told her what I was doing to my hair and she recommended that I used bleach and a 40 volume developer. Now mind you, I don't really know much about hair but I dye my own hair all the time. She told me to leave it in for 20 minutes and then throw some purple shampoo in there. NOT ONLY DID THE BLEACH GIVE ME CHEMICAL BURNS ON MY SCALP BUT BURNT MY HAIR COMPLETELY OFF!

My hair used to be so long and the other day I had to sit in a salon chair for 4 hours crying with my barber because it was the worst case they had ever seen. I now have a pixie cut because my hair would fall out in handfuls in my barber's hands. I worked so hard to get my hair, I took care of my hair, it was completely healthy and now? Well now I barely even have hair so thanks a lot Sally's, I will never come back to your store ever again. I will no longer trust the products you sell EVER! That girl should be fired for not knowing about the products in her store!

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

I purchased a gel kit online while they were having a one day Christmas sale. The item was 50% off. I am a salon owner and took time out of my day to specifically purchase that item on the date required for the sale price online. I received a confirmation order email and the date the item would be shipped. Then a few days, later I received a cancellation email. No reason given, no apology...nothing. I called the 1 800 number and waited on hold for 20 minutes. My phone timed the call. The customer service rep. Took 20 more minutes and 3 times on hold to tell me the item was out of stock. I said, "That's fine. Just send it to me when it is in stock."

She said it showed it would be in stock the next day. She told me to go back online and order it again but now it was FULL PRICE. I asked her to price adjust it for me since it was not my fault that they were out of stock. She said she COULD NOT DO THAT. I asked for a supervisor. After 10 more minutes on hold she said one would call me back within 24 hours. THEY DID NOT CALL BACK!!! So I guess Sally's doesn’t care about my business as a salon owner. What poor customer service!!! ***PLEASE DO NOT ORDER FROM SALLY'S.*** I am going to take my money and shop elsewhere!!!

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

Sallybeauty.com online order system kept telling me "there is a problem with the above information" before it would finalize my order. BUT, they CHARGED MY ACCOUNT FOR EVERY SUBMISSION ATTEMPT without telling me and without specifying WHAT info was incorrect, so I kept having to guess and keep submitting. I know my billing address, but it's their system that is particular about how to enter a suite number. Apparently you have to spell out "suite" in the field even though the field is labeled "apt or suite number", so how would I know that I need to be redundant?

In addition, they will blame the bank and you for THEIR system. After challenging the customer service person she stated that they have to go through a review process to verify the information since there were so many attempts to charge my card, that will take 3-5 business days. Again, it's their system that charges me even though the system is telling me my order was "unsuccessful". ($180 in overcharges.) Not all my items can be found in their store, so that option was out. Just spare yourself the hassle of being charged multiple times, and shop somewhere else. I will, going forward.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

Sally Beauty Supply's Website charged my card 7 times and they will not void the transactions. The hold for a $45.76 transaction is in the $300 range and they nonchalantly (at Christmas mind you) stated the huge dollar amount will eventually fall off in 3 to 5 business days!!! And I never even got the product shipped!!!

Original review: Nov. 18, 2018

I went to Bozeman Montana to get pictures made with my stepson so I decided to get extensions in my hair. I went to Sally and spent $400 extensions. Went straight to the salon so the lady could put them in and she told me they were the wrong kind so I went straight back literally 10 minutes max and girl told me I could not exchange them so I had to spend $501 on different kind and then I still had to spend $400 to have them put in so I'm still stuck $400 worth of extensions brand new in the pack. She said they do not do exchanges or refunds even with receipts and then yesterday I went to Sally's in Minot North Dakota and the lady there told me that that was ridiculous and that I should contact corporate. I no longer have the receipt but I'm sure I could get it off my credit card. I would be happy with in-store credit.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

A cave of liars, pretenders and rude customer service, they all state they are professional hairdressers which is a lie, I was advised to purchase a new hair color product plus conditioner, shampoo and a cream. The representative insisted that I must buy that product. The result will be fantastic. She assured me she was a hair color professional, she was forceful and loud. Kind of intimidating and very tall. She tried to sell me more products, very pushy... Now my hair is a disgrace. Is darker kind of red. I should know better. She representative was **. Perhaps she is aware of ** people hair pigmentation but surely she is not expert in ** people's hair pigmentation. I give her the benefit of the doubt.

Also she said, "I used this product and works so well in my hair." I looked at there and she almost did not have any hair!!! And the shampoo and conditioner were toners for blond hair. I did not wanted to be mean and tell, "How could you know about ** hair pigmentation," so as I said I give the benefit of the doubt. Now it proves me I was a fool, kindness should not be practice with sales representatives special those in Sally. They lie, lie, lie and they are rude. I will book at a nice hairdresser rather pay than be lied by a deceiving woman who called herself a hair color specialist... yes in her dreams.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

I went on Sally Beauty and made an online order. It had the guarantee 2 day shipping since my order was over $25.00. Well, I ordered it 08/11/18. I called the customer service department on 08/16/18, because I had not received my order. They told me the warehouse was having issues, so it would be late. The order was part of my daughter's birthday present, which was on 08/17/18. They made up a ton of excuses and offered to refund me 10% of my order due to inconvenience. I finally got my order on 08/20/18. The order had 6 items missing. I am now going to have to contact their customer service center today. I have never had problems when shopping in store. I will NEVER order ANYTHING from them online AGAIN. The 2 day free shipping is a LIE and they DO NOT stand behind their word!

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

A cashier by the name of Bernadine at the Palm Desert, CA location is an extremely RUDE passive-aggressive psychopathic Narcissist! She has absolutely no customer service skills. As soon as I walked in the door, she didn’t even say, "Hi welcome to Sally’s," nothing. She had a look on her face of pure attitude. I went in to exchange some hair lightener and she made me feel like a bad little child for wanting to make an exchange even though I explained to her that I called earlier and was told that it was perfectly okay to come in and make an exchange. She was talking down to me like I was a stupid little child that I didn’t know what I was doing and I was wasting her precious time. She is psychologically abusive and will talk down to you if you are too nice because she thinks you will not stand up for yourself and not speak up.

She had such an angry condescending tone and was in such a rush, angrily and aggressively pointing out other lighteners that I could try because she obviously didn’t want to help me and give me service. I spoke up and raised my voice at her and said ‘You are being passive-aggressive and I don’t appreciate the way you’re talking to me!’ She had a dumbfounded look on her face probably because she doesn’t even know what the definition of passive-aggressive is, and because Narcissists are so delusional and out of touch with reality, they will never admit or take responsibility for their abusive manipulative behavior. So she asked me in a condescending abusive tone, ‘Do you want me to get someone else to help you?’ As if I am the problem. Patrick then started helping me, but she was talking really loud in an angry passive-aggressive tone to try to further annoy me.

Patrick was great and respectfully helping me choose a different lightener. But there is no excuse for the way Bernadine behaved toward me. She does not care one bit to give good respectful customer service and she needs to be fired immediately. I happened to of left the items I was returning at the front counter and when I was checking out, I kept the same developer, but after I got home, I noticed that the developer was about a quarter empty. I only used a teaspoon to test a strand of hair before I exchanged it. So I think while nobody was watching her, Bernadine either poured some out or replaced it with the same exact developer that was a return, but with less developer. She probably spit in it and pissed in it too for all I know. I wouldn’t be surprised if she did. This is how evil and vindictive these angry passive-aggressive Narcissists are.

The next day I called and complained to Melanie the manager and told her what had happened and all she said was she ‘will talk to Bernadine about it.’ Didn’t apologize, didn’t offer me a coupon or a free item, nothing. She didn’t seem to care either. The first lightener that was recommended to me was from the Cathedral City store which was the L'Oréal Beach Babylights which did not work because it is for dark blond hair. I have very dark brown thick hair, almost black. Bernadine also said that this lightener would work for me even though I told her it didn’t work on my hair and that’s why I am exchanging it. Before I went in the store, I called and asked if this lightener was the right one for me, and that person on the phone said no, it is for dark blonde hair. Patrick also agreed that this lightener is not for my dark brown hair; it’s for dark blondes.

So this proves that some of the store employees don’t know much about beauty products and don’t know what they are talking about. Here is a review of this product that was also recommended to him with dark/black hair: https://youtu.be/mx5FcUrwTjU. I don’t why some Sally’s employees are recommending this for dark brown to black haired people. I then exchanged the L'Oréal Beach Babylights for the L'Oréal Quick Blue lightener which I tested a strand and left the lightener on for a hour and it turned my hair light orangish with red tones and left it extremely dry.

I then found that the Redken Flash Lift lightener is one of the best lighteners and used by licensed professionals. So, if you’re looking to lighten your hair, don’t use cheap Sally’s lightener, thats why its cheap, because it doesn’t work good at all. You can buy Redken products on Amazon or eBay without a license. You can even buy Redken toners there too.

As far as the company, Sally’s has been losing revenue for the past three years. I read that they will be downsizing to focus on hair color and this means they will be closing some stores in the future. But probably because Ulta is putting them out of business. What they need is to focus on high quality customer service. These negative reviews should be enough proof how horrible Sally’s customer service has become.

So because of how horribly I was treated by Bernadine, I will never step foot into another Sally’s again. There is absolutely no excuse for her abusive behavior. I also, suspect that she may have a prejudice against certain races. I wouldn’t be surprised especially with all the political issues that are going on here in California. Either way, she needs to grow ** up, stop emotionally manipulating customers, and keep her political views and personal problems at home!

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

I had visited Sally Beauty Supply online and placed order for multiple hair dyes and other hair care products. When my order finally came I was missing the Manic Panic and on paper said out of stock. Will ship when back in stock. NEVER received it and when I contacted them, they told me, "Sorry it’s been too long" there is NOTHING they can do about it and can’t access UPS information. What a bunch of bull. I still have the packing slip they sent and won’t do anything about it. RIDICULOUS. Needless to say I will not purchase anything from this business online or in any of their stores.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

This is just one person as in rep in Bonney Lake Washington shop. I needed help with hair color... Waiting... When the rep was done serving another customer she went to complain to another rep who was working at that time, "This customer had this basket FULL. Took FOREVER to ring her out... I HATE PEOPLE. I JUST HATE PEOPLE!!!" While there were customers there!! WTH. I looked at her and said, "WOW. JUST WOW!!!" I stormed out. Will never go back because of her. Was there Wed. Aug 1, 2018. What would she say behind my back!! And to complain she sold a basket FULL of products. REALLY!!! Don't know her name but long bleach blonde wavy hair.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

Bought counterfeit O.P.I. polish at their store on Wayside in Houston TX. I believe this is systemic with Sally. I was charged $10 for a bottle of pure junk. If they're having hard times, this is not the way to do business. I now know what counterfeit O.P.I. looks like because of this experience. No more Sally for me, they cannot be trusted. Look at the picture attached, then google it, it's FAKE.

Original review: July 19, 2018

The Sally's Beauty Supply Store in Wichita located on west and central has poor customer service. There is one older lady that constantly treats people of color with disrespect. My daughter and I go to this location often and each and every time we are watched by the same lady. She always acts as if she's organizing items on the shelves on the same aisle that we're shopping on. If there are other customers shopping that aren't people of color she doesn't treat them with such disrespect. I like shopping at Sally's for the items that I need. But I'm extremely tired of being treated differently from other customer's that shop there. This is embarrassing and needs to stop immediately. I would give the star rating a zero if I could.

Original review: July 4, 2018

I was shopping for nail polish at Sally Beauty Supply in Bradenton Florida #3885. One of the polishes fell, got broken and it was a mess. I said I was very sorry and paid for some items and left. Later when I reach into the store bag to take out my things I grab a small little bag that is very sharp and I get some puncture and cuts on my fingers. I take out a small bag that has the broken bottle of nail polish in it. All the broken pieces. I am so upset off that such an idiot dimwit would do something so rude and disrespectful. And dangerous. I called back to ask her why she did it and she said she doesn't remember putting it in my bag which is B.S. and stupid. She knows it. I will call back to talk to the manager about it. What she did was plain wrong and stupid. They would be correct to fire her. What an unfortunate lack of customer service skills. Have a nice day.

Original review: May 3, 2018

I haven't done anything to my hair in 3 years, so I decided to go to Sally Beauty Supply and purchase some hair color. I bought 3 boxes of blue black. It turned out brown. They REFUSED to return my money because I didn't have the tubes and only had 1 box (even with my receipt) due to the fact my 9-month-old daughter got sick. Any decent mother would do a clean sweep of the home and clean. I will NEVER step foot back in any of their businesses.

Original review: April 30, 2018

Traverse City Mi. The Sally's in Traverse City Michigan Garfield Township around 450 pm is awful. I shop here when I need things. I went in to by a Chi flat iron as mine quit working so I need it now and when I got there two ladies at register with only one customer. I waited for service and nothing. So then I wait for the customer to leave and I asked if they have the digital Chi and was the answer and no, they don't, so I was deciding in the aisle if I wanted to buy it price 99 dollars and I had decided to purchase as I need it now. I was going to order on Amazon but had decided to shop Sally's.

My 6 year old daughter was with me and picked out a brush she was going to buy 8.99. The short haired nasty women came around and was mean and nasty as hell to my daughter and said, "You can't brush your hair with that." I was ** buying the ** brush. I had other items and I put them all back and left. As I left she made a smart ** comment. Word of mouth is a powerful thing. So, I ordered from Amazon for more money. As a customer about to spend 200 dollars you would think she could have been polite and said to my daughter, "Can you please not do that." Lost a customer for life. Want nothing! So you will be out of business. Don't shop Sally!

Original review: April 27, 2018

The Sally's that I go to is about 45 minutes from my house, so when I go I really need to make the trip count. I’m a bleach blonde, and I regularly tone my hair using Shades EQ at home. This particular day I needed to grab a toner, and since my stylist was out of town and I couldn’t get Shades EQ, I figured I’d just go to Sally. I’d only been here once before for purple shampoo, and the lady who helped me was so rude and didn’t know ANYTHING about the products. This time I went in search of Wella hair toner. I walked in the door and the girl at the counter just stared at me, smacking her gum, and didn’t say a word. I smiled and headed to find my toner. While trying to figure out what shade I wanted, a man that works there walked by me, staring, a solid 10 times. I felt like he thought I was a shoplifter or something. Anyways I got to the counter and the stalker man proceeded to say “you need help?” Like yes please I’d like to get my stuff and go!

Anyways he asks me if I have a Sally card, to which I replied that I didn’t think I did, and he rolled his eyes and signed deeply, saying “okay then do you know what you bought?” At this point I was getting a little irritated so I just smiled and nodded. He rang up my stuff, didn’t tell me what my total was, handed me my receipt and didn’t say a word as I left the store. Flash forward a week. I texted my stylist to see if I should use the stuff I bought and she told me absolutely not, so I went to return it.

The women at the counter was the sweetest lady, but she had no clue how to do a return (no problem though, she was so sweet). But as fate would have it, the same guy came to help her and was just as rude as expected. He asked me if I used the products a solid 5 times, said “maybe you should’ve know what you were buying” THEN tried to offer me store credit when I had the receipt and my return was 9 days after I bought the product. I laughed and said that I knew the return policy (literally it’s on the back of the receipt) he finally refunded my card, acting just as annoyed as ever, and being extremely rude to the sweet lady at the register, Coline maybe? Anyways, this place is AWFUL. The employees are rude, snobby, and completely useless. I won't ever take my business to that dump again.

Original review: April 1, 2018

My mom & I went to our local Sally's Store 3610 where we both shop frequently with the most recent coupon, buy 3 polishes get one free and a cosmetic bag. We were informed by the sales associate (very nice and well mannered young lady) that it was a misprint which didn't start until April 1. Being that there was no sign explaining that we asked if she could ask the manager if she would still honor the coupon. The manager hollers across the store at my mom and said, "No I will not honor it. You can come back on April 1" and she also stated that "you cannot get the cosmetic bag unless you buy makeup." I told her that the flyer does not state that makeup is required with the purchase it states spend 14.99 or more and receive a free cosmetic bag. I didn't get the rude manager's name because I walked out the store with an attitude that I will never go back to the Laurinburg, NC store & I will tell my friends not to go there either.

This event took place on Wednesday, March 28, 2018. On March 30, 2018, my mom & I went to a Sally's in Rockingham, NC store 3259 to get the number to the corporate office. We explained to the sales associate (Clarice) that we were not filing a complaint against her store. We explained what happened and she was very understanding and apologize for our issue. I called the corporate office and explained in detail the events that had taken place and how the manager spoke to my mother & myself. The customer service rep said that she would call the store and tell the manager to honor our the coupon. I told her that I was at a different location and she asked for the location that the incident occurred and the location that I was in at the time. She said that she would call store 3259 and have them to honor the coupon in its entirety.

Clarice in the Rockingham store received the call from corporate and honored the coupon. My mom and I were able to get the items that we desired along with the free cosmetic bag without purchasing makeup. I was very satisfied with the customer service we received from Clarice at store 3259, however, the manager at store 3610 needs to be talked to about how she treats people especially valued customers that shop in her store all the time. I really feel like it was more discrimination against my mother and I after she saw that we were ** women.

She literally yelled across the aisle as she walked towards us. WE WILL NEVER VISIT THE STORE 3610 as long as I have breath in my body. I really pray that some action is taken in this matter. It was not our fault that your coupon read from "NOW UNTIL APRIL 30!" If you have a nationwide misprint signage needs to be placed on the door of your locations across the nation. Thank you and I hope to get a response with a resolution.

Original review: March 17, 2018

I went in to this store on Saint Patrick's day and when I walked in I was not greeted by the lady in all black wearing a green tutu. Apparently she was the store greeter and I wasnt acknowledged. I stood in line with my return and receipt in hand. Another lady walked in behind me and she addressed her and asked if she had a return and asked her to place her item on the counter while she finds what she needed. She continue to address every other customer but me. However I am ** so maybe that was an issue for her. This is the North Richland Hills store bldg 470 on Hwy 26.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2018

Bought a Hair Clipper from the Sally store in Burke VA, and noticed it was greasy and looked old/has been used before. I walked back to the store and explained the situation. I was told by the associate that I couldn't return it since I opened it. Asked for a manager, was told she will be in the store on a different day. Before going back, I called the Sally Customer Service and let them know my experience, as I didn't want to be sent back again. The agent contacted the store, while I was on the phone, and told me they were supposed to return it, and that I shouldn’t have any issue returning it. She even gave me the name of the associate I should talk to.

Went to the store and asked for that person, but the lady who sold me the item showed up and started off by saying that it was new when she gave it to me, and accused me of using it. I replied by saying, that she should open and check, as everything is still sealed in plastic, except for the oily clipper, which was not covered. I told her that I will be calling Sally if she was not willing to return the item. She said that I should call Sally back to let them know that they weren’t rude to me, as I “stated” in my original phone call. I never told the agent that they were rude to me; all I told her was that they refused to return the item. I don’t think the agent put words in my mouth. She was very understanding and a decent person.

The associate gave the stuff to another associate to refund me, and took another associate whom she told in Spanish that I was a “bruta persona”, not knowing that I understand Spanish. And the associate that assisted me followed on by saying that I “should get an education”, when I told her that I was not aware that I was charged $5 for membership. I honestly thought it was a free membership, when she asked me to sign up.

First of all, the associates violated the store’s policy by refusing to return the item; second, they insulted and humiliated me in front of other Spanish speaking customers playing like they were the victims in the case. Sally needs to do a better job listening to customer’s complaints, and disciplining these types of employees who are not well trained on their duties as customer service associates, who even refuse to take orders that come from the corporate level. I would like for Sally take an action on these two employees.

Sally Beauty Supply Company Information