1.41/5

200 Sally Beauty Supply Consumer Reviews

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

First of all they claim to have “2 day shipping over $25” but the products take a week to come...like huh? Anyways, they don’t even indicate if a product is sold out. Why would you make the product available to “add to basket” when it really wasn’t available to begin with? Now the money has already been taken off my card and I have to wait even more days for a refund. -_- What’s even more annoying is that no matter how many times you try to contact them, they don’t flippin answer. All of this would have been avoided if they let customers know which products are and aren’t available for purchase. Well I’m done shopping with 'em, completely waste of time.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

Horrible customer service. I walk into the store, it reeks of nail polish or nail polish remover, and there's no employee in sight. I heard a faint welcome from the back, and it's obvious that someone is back there and has been playing with nail polish. I came in looking for some hair bleach, developer, and toner. I don't usually get help from salespeople, but I was in a rush. My mom, who was with me, told the person working there that we needed help finding the hair toner. The employee had dyed pink hair, so I figured she might be knowledgeable about hair toner. She takes some time to find it, which I really could have done myself, and while she's searching, she doesn't say excuse me to get us to move or anything. She just kind of moves in our way.

It was awkward. I tell her thank you, and would have left it there, but she was around my age, so I felt comfortable asking more questions. I asked if the toner I wanted, Wella T18, was there. She finds it, and it's a small bottle, so I asked her "Do I need two of these?" to get a second opinion, as application of hair product varies depending on the person and their hair type/thickness. I was very sweet and asked her as if she was a friend. She so coldly and rudely told me "Do you think you need two?" I was taken aback. I was thinking... I don't know??? You're the employee, I've never used toner before so I don't know? Why would I ask if I knew? She was so rude and stuck up.

I brushed it off in the moment because I was so shocked. She could have said anything but that. She could have said she's not knowledgeable enough to know if I need two, or that it depends on my hair, or heck, even say "Yes, you'll need a couple haha." Something. Instead she gives a nasty attitude. I'm never going back there. She doesn't deserve a job with that type of attitude. I gave two stars instead of one, because she at least found the product I wanted.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

I went to the Sally Beauty Supply in Panorama City, I wanted to dye my hair a lighter shade. It was already kinda a reddish blond, but I wanted more of a sandy blond. I had a wig that I wanted to match them with. The lady there saw that I had a little regrowth of darker brown hair so she suggested I stripped the color from all of my hair. I like a fool took her advice and weakened my hair. I should have walked away but she spoke like she was a hairdresser something. I will never take advice from anyone working @ Sally Beauty Supply. They don't know anything about what is safe for your hair. My hair is broken and it's going to take me a while to regrow. It makes me sad because I believed the her. I thought she knew product. I was wrong. This review is to warn others that Sally's employees are just on the clock and could care less if they give you wrong information that will ruin your hair.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

How ridiculous to set up a 2 day delivery game and take 3+ days to put the product in the bag! They take marketing tips from Amazon, but have no clue about managing expectations or actually following through.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

Don’t ever trust what they say! You would think they would know something about hair since it is a beauty store. I was talking to the cashier And apparently the manager. I was asking them about the best hair straightening PERM, since I didn’t want to spend a whole lot of money at a salon... Boy how I wish I would have spent that money on a professional! They told me and I quote: "You don’t have to spend extra money on the straight perm. You can get the basic perm kit... the ones that was used in the early 90’s because everyone had to have curly hair." They said that, "That is the exact same thing, but instead of putting your hair in rollers, just brush it straight." Boy, were they wrong on so many levels. It completely messed my hair up and half of it came out on the brush that I was using to keep it “brushed straight.” You would figure that they would have some kind of training since they work at a beauty supply store!

Please, take my warning seriously, do not take any advice from those people!!! My bad experience was the store located in Thomasville, NC. Thank you Sally for ruining my hair, and now I have to spend so much more money to get it fixed!!! I’m rating this one star, because it doesn’t give you an option to rate zero. You know me not shopping there with my three girls that dye their hair very often isn’t gonna make much of a financial difference for you, but hopefully I can open up someone’s eyes to read my warning. So disappointed and disgusted with this company!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sally Beauty Supply?

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

I walked in and asked the associate about a bleach that didn't break my hair as much 'cause I wanted to color my hair a light brown. She told me that I had to bleach it and then I had to start with a ashy brown until my brownish red color was gone. I asked where are the bleach for the hair and she only told me it's on the next one. I have never bleach my hair and need the help to see which one I could use. She help people coming in and never came back to help me. Never again will I step inside this Sally on Boca Chica.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

I am a 17 year old mother to be and I was just trying to go blonde. I had dark brown hair at the time. My sister and I came into their store in Baraboo. I was approached by this small young lady with blue eyes and pink hair, I asked her if she had any Aragon oil free products because I'm allergic. I told her what I was doing to my hair and she recommended that I used bleach and a 40 volume developer. Now mind you, I don't really know much about hair but I dye my own hair all the time. She told me to leave it in for 20 minutes and then throw some purple shampoo in there. NOT ONLY DID THE BLEACH GIVE ME CHEMICAL BURNS ON MY SCALP BUT BURNT MY HAIR COMPLETELY OFF!

My hair used to be so long and the other day I had to sit in a salon chair for 4 hours crying with my barber because it was the worst case they had ever seen. I now have a pixie cut because my hair would fall out in handfuls in my barber's hands. I worked so hard to get my hair, I took care of my hair, it was completely healthy and now? Well now I barely even have hair so thanks a lot Sally's, I will never come back to your store ever again. I will no longer trust the products you sell EVER! That girl should be fired for not knowing about the products in her store!

Original review: Dec. 30, 2018

I was here waiting for you all to open and it is now 9:13. I banged on the windows. Nothing. We expect you to be open during business hours. Period. The lights are on and the store is locked up. Where are y'all?

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

I purchased a gel kit online while they were having a one day Christmas sale. The item was 50% off. I am a salon owner and took time out of my day to specifically purchase that item on the date required for the sale price online. I received a confirmation order email and the date the item would be shipped. Then a few days, later I received a cancellation email. No reason given, no apology...nothing. I called the 1 800 number and waited on hold for 20 minutes. My phone timed the call. The customer service rep. Took 20 more minutes and 3 times on hold to tell me the item was out of stock. I said, "That's fine. Just send it to me when it is in stock."

She said it showed it would be in stock the next day. She told me to go back online and order it again but now it was FULL PRICE. I asked her to price adjust it for me since it was not my fault that they were out of stock. She said she COULD NOT DO THAT. I asked for a supervisor. After 10 more minutes on hold she said one would call me back within 24 hours. THEY DID NOT CALL BACK!!! So I guess Sally's doesn’t care about my business as a salon owner. What poor customer service!!! ***PLEASE DO NOT ORDER FROM SALLY'S.*** I am going to take my money and shop elsewhere!!!

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

Sallybeauty.com online order system kept telling me "there is a problem with the above information" before it would finalize my order. BUT, they CHARGED MY ACCOUNT FOR EVERY SUBMISSION ATTEMPT without telling me and without specifying WHAT info was incorrect, so I kept having to guess and keep submitting. I know my billing address, but it's their system that is particular about how to enter a suite number. Apparently you have to spell out "suite" in the field even though the field is labeled "apt or suite number", so how would I know that I need to be redundant?

In addition, they will blame the bank and you for THEIR system. After challenging the customer service person she stated that they have to go through a review process to verify the information since there were so many attempts to charge my card, that will take 3-5 business days. Again, it's their system that charges me even though the system is telling me my order was "unsuccessful". ($180 in overcharges.) Not all my items can be found in their store, so that option was out. Just spare yourself the hassle of being charged multiple times, and shop somewhere else. I will, going forward.

Sally Beauty Supply Company Information