1.44/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Sally Beauty Supply

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Sally Beauty Supply Reviews

Original review: March 26, 2019

I don’t ever write reviews but I had to write this one. I usually buy go in store when I shop at Sally’s but this time I decided to buy online. The website claimed it has free shipping on 25 dollars so I spent way over that. I placed my order on 3/20 in the late afternoon. The next day I realized I hadn’t received an order confirmation. I didn’t get one until 3/22. I also received a shipping confirmation without any tracking information. I had to go to Sally’s website in my order history to get it. The tracking information was incorrect and I could get no tracking history for my package. It was the weekend so I decided to give it until Monday.

On 3/23 they emailed me to say two of my products would not be shipped and I would get a refund. So if the item was unavailable why did you leave it up there to be purchased. Again I looked past this. I called customer care Monday. After a 30 minute wait a woman answered the phone. After explaining to her about my tracking I information not working she couldn’t provide me with one that was working. She claimed she had to contact the warehouse and that would take 24 hours. That annoyed me even more. Today I checked 3/26 and the tracking number is active and it states my package won’t arrive until 4/02. What happened to 2 day shipping? I will never purchase here again and save my self all this back and forth hassle. I rather spend my money where it is valued.

Original review: March 25, 2019

I have placed an order via Sally Beauty online, worst mistake I ever made. My order stayed in processing for over 2 days, I was sent a nontraceable tracking number, no response via email or phone. I was on hold forever with no response. I will never do this again and I advise anyone thinking of shopping online via Sally Beauty Supply... Do not do it.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: March 22, 2019

I placed an order during the late afternoon on 3/21/19. As I was checking out online I reviewed all my information and clicked the place order button. I got the swirly icon (processing) then nothing. Still at the place order screen. So I scrolled up and saw a red box. The red box was a message stating that “due to either a higher order volume or connection error my order could not be placed. Your card will not be charged until you order is successfully processed. Please check back in a few minutes and try again. For help contact....” So I waited a few minutes and tried again same message. I did this 6 times. I logged out, logged back in, and went through the entire process again re-entering my information. It was at this point I realized that the address I was shipping to was different from my billing address. I added my billing address and continued on to place my order. It then was successful.

I immediately went and emailed customer service to express that I understood the red box message stated I wouldn’t be charged but I wanted to have the reassurance that I wouldn’t. I had read a review on here that said another customer had the same thing happen to her. I checked my email the next morning and the only thing in my email from Sally Beauty was my order confirmation with the exact charge for my order. Later on in the day on 3/22/19 my husband called me from our bank and told me that we had been charged for every single attempt I had made at placing the order, over $500 was taken from my account. I had a screenshot of the message in the red box that clearly states that this EXACT thing would NOT happen.

I got on the phone and called customer service at Sally Beauty. The representative I spoke with was very very nice, friendly, and helpful. The only reason for the 2nd star I might add. He explained that each time you hit that place order button your bank (meaning the customers bank!???!) puts a hold on that order amount and that your (my) account was not actually charged and wouldn’t be until order is shipped. It’s all in the pending stage until then. Okay well then why did my bank (and his online banking account) tell my husband that the money (over $500) was paid to Sally Beauty? And why would my bank automatically authorize 7 identical charges when I have fraud protection? (But that’s a different can of worms opened up after dealing with Sally’s.)

In the end I had to contact my bank to get the fax number from them so that my money could be put back into my account, which I had to wait through the weekend for in the middle of a huge snowstorm, hoping that nothing catastrophic happened where I’d be needing that quite large amount of money to go back into my account. Please please be advised!! If you try to place an order online with Sally Beauty and it doesn’t successfully place your order the first time CALL Customer Service IMMEDIATELY!! And whatever you do, do NOT trust the message at the top of the screen in the red box. You WILL be charged for every single time you press the place order button!!

Original review: March 21, 2019

I have been shopping at Sally Beauty Supply stores for 32 years. I've lived in 4 different states and the Portland Maine location is the worst. I am not only given bad advice, but the manager of the store particularly when I came in 3/20/19 at 11 am was very rude again! I came in to return a color that I bought 2 weeks ago, unopened with a receipt and I was told to wait while she went back into the office for 15 min, she then began to ask me the same questions over and over. Interrogating me very meanly until I began shaking and scared of her. I told her that my grey was coming in and the stuff I usually use was gonna be too dark, eventually she returned it but I was very upset with how bad she treated me, no one was wearing a name tag.

A couple months ago she did the same thing, I had my receipt and it was unused. She was so nasty I cried, and I told her I won't come back again, she said nothing. Unfortunately I need Sally and I need better advice, all the advice I get is either bleach it, keep bleaching and get the bucket. When I change my mind and dont want to I get- so you're returning ALL this? I really am thinking of never going back and strongly recommending my family and friends not to shop at Sally. I've had to return products because it caused dermatitis and I get treated badly. I'm still very upset. I've emailed corporate and apparently nothing has changed. As a customer I mean nothing and I've lost only my hair and my money there.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

I love Sally Beauty but what bothers me is that they don't take orders over the phone if you're having online issues. What kind of business does not take online orders when your site is not working. Definitely losing business. I called Customer Service and advised them of the issue I was having online and then I asked if I can place my order with the representative and she full out said, "NO. We don't process orders over the phone." Nice way to keep customers happy.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sally Beauty Supply?

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

I recently had the "dip" nails removed, which left my nails scuffed up. Not wanting to process them again for a while, I decided to only use OPI Nail Envy Nail Strengthener. The product normally sells for around $10, $11, or even $12. My husband was charged $17.99, plus CA tax, it came to $19.38 -- about twice what it should have cost. That's the last time we go into that place. I am sick of their ridiculously high prices. A dollar or two, OK, but not twice the amount. I feel like a chump and they have lost a customer.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

I went into Sally Beauty in Oakville two days ago. I was looking at the medium golden blonde Christie Brinkley hair extensions. They did not look like they matched my color from the box and as you know you are not allowed to open the box and there is just a few pieces of hair you can use the hold up to your own hair to see if it matches. I asked the girls and the girl said the hair is not necessarily supposed to match every hair on your head and that is why the hairpiece has various colors in it. That way you can blend in with various shades of hair. This is what they explain to me.

When I got home both my spouse and I saw it did not match at all. I did not wear it and yet they are refusing to return it. I even called corporate office which I thought would have a voice above them and they said they cannot come it’s the store to return it either. This was only two days ago that I bought it and it is still in the packaging. I know in the store like maybe the color match closer to my hair but in the natural light as well as in other lights the hair is a completely different shade. I’m very disappointed in this and hope I’m not losing $100 just because Sally Beauty‘s cashiers wanted to get some commission and sold me the wrong hair color.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

First of all they claim to have “2 day shipping over $25” but the products take a week to come...like huh? Anyways, they don’t even indicate if a product is sold out. Why would you make the product available to “add to basket” when it really wasn’t available to begin with? Now the money has already been taken off my card and I have to wait even more days for a refund. -_- What’s even more annoying is that no matter how many times you try to contact them, they don’t flippin answer. All of this would have been avoided if they let customers know which products are and aren’t available for purchase. Well I’m done shopping with 'em, completely waste of time.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

Horrible customer service. I walk into the store, it reeks of nail polish or nail polish remover, and there's no employee in sight. I heard a faint welcome from the back, and it's obvious that someone is back there and has been playing with nail polish. I came in looking for some hair bleach, developer, and toner. I don't usually get help from salespeople, but I was in a rush. My mom, who was with me, told the person working there that we needed help finding the hair toner. The employee had dyed pink hair, so I figured she might be knowledgeable about hair toner. She takes some time to find it, which I really could have done myself, and while she's searching, she doesn't say excuse me to get us to move or anything. She just kind of moves in our way.

It was awkward. I tell her thank you, and would have left it there, but she was around my age, so I felt comfortable asking more questions. I asked if the toner I wanted, Wella T18, was there. She finds it, and it's a small bottle, so I asked her "Do I need two of these?" to get a second opinion, as application of hair product varies depending on the person and their hair type/thickness. I was very sweet and asked her as if she was a friend. She so coldly and rudely told me "Do you think you need two?" I was taken aback. I was thinking... I don't know??? You're the employee, I've never used toner before so I don't know? Why would I ask if I knew? She was so rude and stuck up.

I brushed it off in the moment because I was so shocked. She could have said anything but that. She could have said she's not knowledgeable enough to know if I need two, or that it depends on my hair, or heck, even say "Yes, you'll need a couple haha." Something. Instead she gives a nasty attitude. I'm never going back there. She doesn't deserve a job with that type of attitude. I gave two stars instead of one, because she at least found the product I wanted.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

I went to the Sally Beauty Supply in Panorama City, I wanted to dye my hair a lighter shade. It was already kinda a reddish blond, but I wanted more of a sandy blond. I had a wig that I wanted to match them with. The lady there saw that I had a little regrowth of darker brown hair so she suggested I stripped the color from all of my hair. I like a fool took her advice and weakened my hair. I should have walked away but she spoke like she was a hairdresser something. I will never take advice from anyone working @ Sally Beauty Supply. They don't know anything about what is safe for your hair. My hair is broken and it's going to take me a while to regrow. It makes me sad because I believed the her. I thought she knew product. I was wrong. This review is to warn others that Sally's employees are just on the clock and could care less if they give you wrong information that will ruin your hair.

Sally Beauty Supply Company Information