3.8/5 (196 ratings)

About Sally Beauty Supply

Sally Beauty Supply Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sally Beauty Supply?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sally Beauty Supply?

Original review: April 9, 2021

If I could I would rate zero!! This is my first experience ordering online with Sally Beauty, and I must say it was a terrible experience!! I received someone else's order!! In the box was this person's personal information, which to me is a huge security breach! I called the customer service number asking if I could have my delivery next day, as I had booked an appointment with a hairstylist to come to my home this Sunday April 11, and I was told that wasn't possible!! Why not?!! This mistake was not mine, why wouldn't Sally do everything to make their mistake right, and to keep a customer!!!

Original review: March 29, 2021

So I always get my hair dye at Sally's, only because I don't know where else to go. I asked for a stain free stick, she gave me a cleaner. There were no swatches on the dyes. I was not told that I needed a color corrector. No caps were offered to me and I forgot I needed one. I asked many questions and got very few answers. I need a new place!!!

Original review: March 22, 2021

My husband purchased clippers on Friday 3/19. Told the clerk he wasn't sure if these were the ones he needed and would return them if they weren't. Got home, opened them and they were too big so I went to return them on Saturday 3/20. I was told that because the box was torn they could not refund me. Even though the store manager confirmed they had not been used and we didn't have them 24 hours and the receipt was there, there was nothing we could do. The store manager was very rude and acted as if I offended her by trying to make a return. The two customer service agents I spoke with over the phone were nice but basically said, "Oh well." The email I sent pretty much got the same response.

I just wasted $66 when I followed all of their guidelines. If a sale is final that should be made known. But Sally's is a company who is just looking to make a dollar and could care less about their customers. They just lost my business and I wouldn't advise anyone to spend money here! Take your business where it's appreciated and you're treated with respect. I definitely wouldn't give one star if it wasn't required. They deserve nothing.

Original review: March 9, 2021

I needed to get information about an online order that didn't have everything I ordered in stock. I called the customer service number which informed me my wait time would be, yes approximately, 10 minutes. They do offer a call back but as a professional stylist I don't take calls if I'm with a client!! They need a pro only number. After 29 minutes on hold I finally got an answer. She was very nice but at first didn't do the math right and I had to ask her to check it and do it again.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2021

Purchased four items online. Was charged for all four. Got an email later that afternoon saying one item was not available (should have said online that the item was out of stock before I placed my order). That would have been nice. After receiving the email saying I would not be charged for that item that was unavailable, I looked on my online banking and saw that I was charged. Called the Sally's customer service number. She said that amount was just pending and a new amount would be applied. I thought the problem was solved. NOPE! Woke up the next morning and checked my online banking. Saw a new charge for that item that was unavailable. Tried to call the customer service number but they are only available Monday through Friday.

Received my other three items today in the mail. One of my items was crushed by my conditioner and shampoo bottles. The outside of the box was not damaged. This was caused by poor packaging. Wrote a letter to corporate stating that I threw away my Sally's card. So...I was charged for four items, was told the problem was fixed, was charged a separate time for the unavailable item and then received a damaged item... WOW! UNBELIEVABLE! HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE!

Original review: Feb. 18, 2021

Used my rewards, placed my online order, many items were no longer available, that were promised to be delivered and my rewards applied, then sent an email no longer available and the items that were I could not apply my rewards on???? I am so fed up with Sally’s acting like they’re giving you something and then taking it back. It’s either damaged, short changed, or certain specials do not apply or you don’t receive them. Thank you but no thank you! Also store prices in one line prices may differ - the manager of the store told me she will match online prices!

Original review: Jan. 15, 2021

The worst shipping I have ever seen in my 50 years of living. They have no business being a online store. 3 times I have tried and 3 times has not been a charm. Once took my order and even said it was shipped and it never came. When I called they said, "We don't even have it shipped because we were low on those products." For weeks your order will say processing after they have took the money out of your bank. Once it was so long I forgot I had even ordered it.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2020

I’m a long time in-store shopper & I spend enough money in their stores that I would expect someone or anyone to at least try to help me when I had problems with the errors in one of my 1st online orders. After my favorite barrel style hair brushes were discontinued in-store I went to their online site. I ordered 30 of one style & 15 of the other. The order was confirmed & a hold put on my credit card.

A few days later I received an email stating that the 30 was reduced to 9 brushes & the 15 was reduced to 0 brushes. Seriously? I went from 45 brushes to 9 brushes on a confirmed order? Then Sally’s opts to ship 9 hair brushes in 3 separate boxes all delivered on different days. (FYI - all 9 brushes could have fit in the 1st box.) The first box is OK & has 3 brushes as expected. The second box has only 1 brush even though the packing slip says 3?? So 2 are missing. The third box shows up a few days later & has 3 brushes but they are not the brush that I ordered. In fact they are so different that they are NOT USEABLE.

I ordered round ceramic boar bristle brushes with blue plastic grip handle & I received a flat wooden brush that looks & feels like it’s a bbq grill cleaning brush!

I’ve tried going in store to make it right. No help there cause they no longer sell my brush in store. They did try to call customer service but we never got through and I got fed up and left. I don’t have hours & hours of time to waste on chasing their mistakes. I have a job & a family & my time is precious. Would it be acceptable if I were shopping in store & made the cashier wait 40 min for me to pay them? I’ve tried calling customer service myself on several different phone numbers and they all say it’s approx a 10 minute wait but I usually give up after 40 minutes. I’ve tried putting my phone number in the queue and they’ll call me back but they never do.

I’m canceling my Sally’s credit card that I just opened up a month ago and I’m disgusted with how pathetic their customer service is for an online order process that they screw up. They took my money & didn’t send me what was ordered. I’m calling my credit card company today to put a stop on their payment. AND my next order looks like it’s turning out to be the same but the details on that have not fully unfolded yet. So far on that one look like my items went from 10 down to just 1 & they’ve charged my card & used up my Sally rewards and are sending only a 99cent! WTF. I’m so done with Sally’s on-line orders. If I could’ve rated Sally's at zero stars I would have... Steer clear of Sally’s online orders! You will live to regret it!

Original review: Nov. 16, 2020

Soon after placing an order, my PayPal account was charged. Usually with online orders the merchants, processes and ships the item/s before charging your card. Not only Sally Beauty charged my paypal account immediately, I received an email 3 days later informing me that the order is delayed with unknown status as to when the new promised delivery date will be. When I went on site to email customer service, I noticed that the status was "in process", meaning it had not even been shipped. So I requested to cancel my order. The response comes next day saying they will not cancel the order!

The following day I received notice that they had trouble charging my credit card!! When in fact I paid with pay pal not CC. They are a bunch of liars. I'll never order from them again and as a matter of fact I'll never be their customer. I ordered online, because last time I went to an actual Sally's store, which is an hour away, the items (hair color) I bought were used! Half the color was gone with satin on the tip of the tubes and yet put back on the shelf! Since both the store and online have service problems as described, I don't recommend them to anyone.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2020

They have the absolute worst online customer service. I can't come in store due to living with someone who's high risk for COVID-19 so I tried twice to inquire about products but each time was met with a zero information, copy pasted unhelpful answer. They have a product recommendation subcategory for their customer support form BUT they give no help and no product recommendations, almost as if they don't want to help people actually make purchases...which is bizarre. What is customer service coming to these days? There are so many companies going this route, basically offering no customer service...and it's a mistake. I have zero confidence in your company now. You aren't willing to even recommend me your own products for sale to assist me in making a purchase! That is ABSURD.

Beyond that, all customer service replies are sent via a "no reply" email so you can't respond to their unhelpful answer and be like, "Hey, you didn't actually give an answer...could I please receive an answer?" And you can't rate the help you received. You're left unheard and with no recourse. Look, I never leave reviews on these kinds of sites but I'm so fed up with this unhelpful "service" that I'm here to speak out. HELP YOUR CUSTOMERS. Ignoring customers is not a good business practice. Yes, it takes more effort and money to provide decent customer service...but you will get more repeat customers and more new customers rather than bleeding customers.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2020

First let me start by saying that I am a long-time customer of Sally Beauty with a professional rewards account. I spend tons of money at their stores. This past weekend I bought hair extensions Sassy brand. That is the brand that Sally manufactures. It claims to be hundred percent human on the package. I wear wigs and extensions almost every day of my life for the last 20 years so I am familiar with hair. First I must say that the Swatch was not a match at all to what was in the package. The package turned out to have pinkish colored hair on one side and yellow blond on the other. I did not see that until I got home.

I went back to the store where the two girls that were working at the store on Alma School and Warner in Chandler Arizona told me that the hair is human so should color fine. I knew the hair felt kind of funny. It felt a little wiry not still be like human hair would be. But I bought color anyway. When I put the color in a strand test on two different types of colors one came out a bluish silver I used to 9A that it also forces. On the other strand I use an age beautiful yellow and that came out purple. Water got a burnt look and a bird temperature almost as if you would burn your own human hair with a lighter or a match that the hair looks like.

I went back to the store and was told there's nothing that they could do but they gave me the customer service number. Customer service was closed on the weekend so I went down to one of their other locations in Tempe. One of the ladies that actually work at the store told me purchased a pack of sassy extensions last month. She also tried to color and was unsuccessful but she tried to wash as well and her hair also developed a burnt look making it unusable. It is not human hair as they claim. Even if this is a blend the hair should not take on a burnt look touching water.

I called customer service. I was told two different times by two different employees that there is nothing that they can do. The hair is final sale. That answer will not work for me so I plan to take this further. It's not so much the money as it is the principle. To sell a customer something that is not as advertised at all and then to tell them once they try to use it they can't return it they've got to be out of their mind. How do you know what's in the package until you take it out of the package? My belief is that there that's what they're hiding behind but this product is garbage and I will be taking them to small claims court on principle. Do not buy sassy hair extensions. You will regret it.

Original review: July 29, 2020

I placed an order online on 4/11 totaling $40.I received 3 of 5 items. I immediately e-mail, call, e-mail, call, e-mail, e-mail, finally visit store as soon as they opened again. They can't help. Not their responsibility. I did finally get an e-mail with a consolation prize of $5 to use for a future purchase. Are they kidding! What about the $32.00 they owe me for missing items? How do they get away with this time after time? I would be ashamed to say I worked there!

Original review: July 9, 2020

I placed an order for 65 dollars and got delivered an incorrect order of 17 dollars. I have been unable to get anyone from customer service to get a correction. Have been on hold for 30 min and unable to get a hold of anyone. This is probably a scam website/business and I am sorry to have lost my money without any recourse.

Original review: July 2, 2020

Out of Stock?? So after going into the store and having that store call a few others to see if they had the product I was looking for in stock I gave up and ordered it. Placed my order yesterday then today I get a email that it was cancelled. "This item could not be shipped with the rest of your order." Why let me order something that you can't provide and why is this item showing it's available for purchase. First and last time I order from Sallys.

Original review: July 1, 2020

I went into the store and associate help me out and made recommendations. I told her I didn't know what I was doing so I went off her recommendations. It turned my hair orange. The store takes no fault in it and states they can't dumb it down for people. They told me I shouldn't have done this or that.

Original review: June 29, 2020

If only I had read the reviews first of all the horrible experiences with Sally's Beauty, then my experience would of been better. Lol. Do not pay a buck more for Priority Shipping. It is a rip off & you most likely won't get your item(s) in 1-3 days like the website said in checkout. My hair dye still isn't here & there has never been tracking available for my item that I paid for 4 days ago. I know it isn't like a week I been waiting, however like I mentioned I paid for Priority Shipping & it is not here. Plus, I am nervous with all the reviews I read & not being able to track my order. This is **!

Original review: June 21, 2020

I spent $55.00 to only receive about $15 worth of product. Can't get a hold of them by phone, they don't reply to customer service emails through their website... Seeing all these comments... this is obviously a severe ongoing issue with Sally Beauty. People aren't receiving what they pay for. They are not refunding, or shipping the missing items, let alone even trying to reply to customer issues. I have reported to the BBB and I recommend everyone else do so as well. I don't want other people to be scammed like this. They need to be held accountable. I have never had issues in store but their website is absolutely unacceptable business practice.

Original review: June 19, 2020

Purchased nail filling system in Feb. However due to COVID all stores were shut down. I couldn’t return the item in 60 day period, even though I had my receipt and they knew it wasn’t my fault they did not refund my money. Overpriced and awful customer care. Please don’t buy anything from Sally.

Original review: June 15, 2020

My online experience with Sally Beauty was the worst I ever had. I placed an order & submitted by payment information and received an email confirming they received my order, as expected. There was an estimated shipping time of 1 week. Two weeks came and went and I got no response. Called their customer service number, navigated their various options to actually speak with someone, sat on hold for 45 min and nobody ever picked up. That happened twice. Then I submitted a message to them a few times and no response from a human, just a canned email “sorry to hear of your problems, we are working to resolve...”. About 4 weeks after I gave them my order they just cancelled it. No notice to me, I happened to see it in my order status. They cancelled it during the 4th week because I had been checking every few days. Go anywhere BUT Sally Beauty if you want these. I can’t rate them because I never got them.

Original review: June 13, 2020

I placed an order of $100 with 6 different items. Within 2 days I received my quick blue bleach powder 1lb and an invoice for just that in the box. I got an email saying they delivered my items but they are going to come separately to help the delivery get to me faster. I emailed them a few days after I got my first product asking when I would get the tracking for the rest of my delivery or if I was to refer to the previous tracking number since they were all shipped out at the same time just in separate packages. I got the automated reply indicating they received my email, the next day (today) without contacting me or saying anything they refunded me the rest of my order besides the product I received. But they distinctly told me all my products had been shipped out. Very weird and sketchy and now I have bleach powder I can't use on its own. I tried calling but got disconnected over and over.

Original review: June 12, 2020

I ordered two L’Oreal hair dyes, a comb, hair dye kit, and brush applicator. They shipped all the packages separately. I only received the comb, and one of the dyes I purchased. I’ve tried to call, and email them about the rest of my items not being shipped and so far I have heard nothing from them. Seem like they don’t care about the customers just the money you freely give them. Never again will I order from here.

Original review: June 9, 2020

Multiple bad experiences with my ONE online order. Sally's cancelled items without informing me & when I inquired about my 5 missing items from my 5/26/2020 order, I was told the items were out of stock even though their website didn't state that at the time of purchase. I was advised that this is bc their website is not up to date. I was charged $6 for 3-5 business day shipping & did not receive any of the 3 items they actually shipped to me (out of 8) within that time frame after receiving my tracking number. I spent 2 days trying multiple times to call Sally's bc I kept getting a Verizon message that their lines were busy.

Once I was finally connected, I waited on hold for 60 minutes before an advisor (Monica) came on the line. Monica was scripted & it was obvious she was trained to get ppl off the phone asap. I was refused a refund stating they did not have control over when items shipped bc they were in Texas & items were shipped from warehouses across the U.S. I did not accept this illogical reasoning & requested to submit a formal complaint. Monica said she would have a supervisor call me back, but could not give me any sort of confirmation that this would happen. Things escalated & Monica hung up on me & did not call back even though she captured my call back number at the beginning of the call.

Original review: June 8, 2020

I purchase several items from this company in 2 different orders. The first order was received with no problems. The second order I placed had the tanning sprayer, 2 refills and 1 eyeliner. I received the eyeliner only and they wont respond to messages except with the generic response...Thank you for submitting.... I will never purchase anything from them again and I see that this is a big issue with this company. Save your money as they will rip you off.

Original review: May 31, 2020

I bought this product, March 2020. This product is no good, it made my hair fall out. It damaged my hair excessively, with lots of shedding, irritated scalp. The product totally messed up my curly wavy, beautiful natural hair. I am almost 57 years old and I have never ever in my life had a product this defective. I normally use Elgin Charles, Creme of Nature and Mane and Tail herbal shampoo, etc. I will never look at YOUTUBE videos again, because they were very wrong about Kenya Moore Products. I have been trying to get a refund, for two months but the company doesn't call you back. I have made excessive calls and emails, but haven't been successful at all. The next step is to SUE PEOPLE, then they will get the message. My advice don't buy from SALLY BEAUTY and don't buy KENYA MOORE junk generic products!!!!

Original review: May 30, 2020

I ordered three items from Sally Beauty Supply. I received one item out of the three. I immediately filled out the customer service form online and got a cookie cutter response of "thank you for your email." The next day I called the customer service number and was disconnected. I called a second time and was disconnected again. In other words, there is no customer service to contact. I posted a negative review on their website to warn others as to what they are doing. I was trying to support businesses other than Amazon during this time of the pandemic, but I will never do business with Sally again online.

Original review: May 29, 2020

Placed an order on their website and to date received two partial shipments with no indication of status on the remaining item. In follow up I sent an inquiry using their website to request an update, and received only a "thank you" robo-response. I waited a full week with no further update or contact, and then called customer service for assistance. I waited 33 minutes on hold, hearing that my call would be answered "momentarily", before I finally hung up out of frustration. No option for a call-back, no option to leave a message. Trying one more time with a web inquiry and then will cut my losses.

Original review: May 26, 2020

I ordered over $200 in beauty supplies from the clearance section (times are hard so i was super excited to find some good deals), about 40 items in total. So far i have received about 10 of those items and none of them were the main reason I ordered. I finally got an email back after countless phone calls and emails that stated that my items could not ship because they were sold out and their system "doesn't handle back orders" so I would have to order them again but without the clearance price. The whole point was to order items on sale. I wouldn't normally spend $100 on a straightener, which is why I bought it on sale for $20. How is it my problem/fault that their system can't handle the volume of orders well enough to make something as out of stock? I found that quite strange since I had to remove a few sold out items from my cart before I could check out so I know their "sold out" story is a lie.

So I went on to look and see what they had left and guess what...most of my "sold out" items were back in stock but at 3x the price. So they really had the items the whole time but decided they wanted to charge more so they lied to their customers. I have literally never seen such a disgraceful company. This is why I hesitate to order online and I NEVER will again from Sally. So disappointing. Still waiting for an email back to see if they will honor the initial price. From the looks of the other reviews I would say that's not going to happen. Huge disappointment and waste of my time. I have no idea why they are still in business but...KARMA will get its revenge one day.

Original review: May 22, 2020

I purchased an online paraffin wax spa and got the order with half of the things missing that was suppose to be included. I have tried repeatedly to call and they hang up on you before you can talk to someone. Each call is 45 minutes and then hang ups. I tried to email and no answer but we will get back with you in a few days. Yes, it has been more than a few days. The service is terrible!

Original review: May 22, 2020

My 1st order took over 3 weeks and was missing the clippers (the main reason). The order #2 placed on the 13th (it's the 22nd) still not packaged.. The clippers are again out of stock now! (FYI, they will just ship it out with the missing items, no contacting you either.) They continue to take orders on items, though there isn't any. I wasn't notified of the issue, no call no text...nothing... Horrible way to do business! I want to cut my hair!!!

Original review: May 21, 2020

My package wasn't packed properly. When I received it, my hair products was spilled in the box. I emailed about it and still haven't received a response yet. I call customer service and the phone keeps hanging up, smh. I will never support Sally Beauty Supply again. $50 wasted, lesson learned.

Sally Beauty Supply Company Information