1.48/5

194 Sally Beauty Supply Consumer Reviews

Original review: March 21, 2019

I have been shopping at Sally Beauty Supply stores for 32 years. I've lived in 4 different states and the Portland Maine location is the worst. I am not only given bad advice, but the manager of the store particularly when I came in 3/20/19 at 11 am was very rude again! I came in to return a color that I bought 2 weeks ago, unopened with a receipt and I was told to wait while she went back into the office for 15 min, she then began to ask me the same questions over and over. Interrogating me very meanly until I began shaking and scared of her. I told her that my grey was coming in and the stuff I usually use was gonna be too dark, eventually she returned it but I was very upset with how bad she treated me, no one was wearing a name tag.

A couple months ago she did the same thing, I had my receipt and it was unused. She was so nasty I cried, and I told her I won't come back again, she said nothing. Unfortunately I need Sally and I need better advice, all the advice I get is either bleach it, keep bleaching and get the bucket. When I change my mind and dont want to I get- so you're returning ALL this? I really am thinking of never going back and strongly recommending my family and friends not to shop at Sally. I've had to return products because it caused dermatitis and I get treated badly. I'm still very upset. I've emailed corporate and apparently nothing has changed. As a customer I mean nothing and I've lost only my hair and my money there.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

I love Sally Beauty but what bothers me is that they don't take orders over the phone if you're having online issues. What kind of business does not take online orders when your site is not working. Definitely losing business. I called Customer Service and advised them of the issue I was having online and then I asked if I can place my order with the representative and she full out said, "NO. We don't process orders over the phone." Nice way to keep customers happy.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

I recently had the "dip" nails removed, which left my nails scuffed up. Not wanting to process them again for a while, I decided to only use OPI Nail Envy Nail Strengthener. The product normally sells for around $10, $11, or even $12. My husband was charged $17.99, plus CA tax, it came to $19.38 -- about twice what it should have cost. That's the last time we go into that place. I am sick of their ridiculously high prices. A dollar or two, OK, but not twice the amount. I feel like a chump and they have lost a customer.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

I went into Sally Beauty in Oakville two days ago. I was looking at the medium golden blonde Christie Brinkley hair extensions. They did not look like they matched my color from the box and as you know you are not allowed to open the box and there is just a few pieces of hair you can use the hold up to your own hair to see if it matches. I asked the girls and the girl said the hair is not necessarily supposed to match every hair on your head and that is why the hairpiece has various colors in it. That way you can blend in with various shades of hair. This is what they explain to me.

When I got home both my spouse and I saw it did not match at all. I did not wear it and yet they are refusing to return it. I even called corporate office which I thought would have a voice above them and they said they cannot come it’s the store to return it either. This was only two days ago that I bought it and it is still in the packaging. I know in the store like maybe the color match closer to my hair but in the natural light as well as in other lights the hair is a completely different shade. I’m very disappointed in this and hope I’m not losing $100 just because Sally Beauty‘s cashiers wanted to get some commission and sold me the wrong hair color.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

First of all they claim to have “2 day shipping over $25” but the products take a week to come...like huh? Anyways, they don’t even indicate if a product is sold out. Why would you make the product available to “add to basket” when it really wasn’t available to begin with? Now the money has already been taken off my card and I have to wait even more days for a refund. -_- What’s even more annoying is that no matter how many times you try to contact them, they don’t flippin answer. All of this would have been avoided if they let customers know which products are and aren’t available for purchase. Well I’m done shopping with 'em, completely waste of time.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sally Beauty Supply?

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

Horrible customer service. I walk into the store, it reeks of nail polish or nail polish remover, and there's no employee in sight. I heard a faint welcome from the back, and it's obvious that someone is back there and has been playing with nail polish. I came in looking for some hair bleach, developer, and toner. I don't usually get help from salespeople, but I was in a rush. My mom, who was with me, told the person working there that we needed help finding the hair toner. The employee had dyed pink hair, so I figured she might be knowledgeable about hair toner. She takes some time to find it, which I really could have done myself, and while she's searching, she doesn't say excuse me to get us to move or anything. She just kind of moves in our way.

It was awkward. I tell her thank you, and would have left it there, but she was around my age, so I felt comfortable asking more questions. I asked if the toner I wanted, Wella T18, was there. She finds it, and it's a small bottle, so I asked her "Do I need two of these?" to get a second opinion, as application of hair product varies depending on the person and their hair type/thickness. I was very sweet and asked her as if she was a friend. She so coldly and rudely told me "Do you think you need two?" I was taken aback. I was thinking... I don't know??? You're the employee, I've never used toner before so I don't know? Why would I ask if I knew? She was so rude and stuck up.

I brushed it off in the moment because I was so shocked. She could have said anything but that. She could have said she's not knowledgeable enough to know if I need two, or that it depends on my hair, or heck, even say "Yes, you'll need a couple haha." Something. Instead she gives a nasty attitude. I'm never going back there. She doesn't deserve a job with that type of attitude. I gave two stars instead of one, because she at least found the product I wanted.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

I went to the Sally Beauty Supply in Panorama City, I wanted to dye my hair a lighter shade. It was already kinda a reddish blond, but I wanted more of a sandy blond. I had a wig that I wanted to match them with. The lady there saw that I had a little regrowth of darker brown hair so she suggested I stripped the color from all of my hair. I like a fool took her advice and weakened my hair. I should have walked away but she spoke like she was a hairdresser something. I will never take advice from anyone working @ Sally Beauty Supply. They don't know anything about what is safe for your hair. My hair is broken and it's going to take me a while to regrow. It makes me sad because I believed the her. I thought she knew product. I was wrong. This review is to warn others that Sally's employees are just on the clock and could care less if they give you wrong information that will ruin your hair.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

How ridiculous to set up a 2 day delivery game and take 3+ days to put the product in the bag! They take marketing tips from Amazon, but have no clue about managing expectations or actually following through.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

Don’t ever trust what they say! You would think they would know something about hair since it is a beauty store. I was talking to the cashier And apparently the manager. I was asking them about the best hair straightening PERM, since I didn’t want to spend a whole lot of money at a salon... Boy how I wish I would have spent that money on a professional! They told me and I quote: "You don’t have to spend extra money on the straight perm. You can get the basic perm kit... the ones that was used in the early 90’s because everyone had to have curly hair." They said that, "That is the exact same thing, but instead of putting your hair in rollers, just brush it straight." Boy, were they wrong on so many levels. It completely messed my hair up and half of it came out on the brush that I was using to keep it “brushed straight.” You would figure that they would have some kind of training since they work at a beauty supply store!

Please, take my warning seriously, do not take any advice from those people!!! My bad experience was the store located in Thomasville, NC. Thank you Sally for ruining my hair, and now I have to spend so much more money to get it fixed!!! I’m rating this one star, because it doesn’t give you an option to rate zero. You know me not shopping there with my three girls that dye their hair very often isn’t gonna make much of a financial difference for you, but hopefully I can open up someone’s eyes to read my warning. So disappointed and disgusted with this company!!!

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

I walked in and asked the associate about a bleach that didn't break my hair as much 'cause I wanted to color my hair a light brown. She told me that I had to bleach it and then I had to start with a ashy brown until my brownish red color was gone. I asked where are the bleach for the hair and she only told me it's on the next one. I have never bleach my hair and need the help to see which one I could use. She help people coming in and never came back to help me. Never again will I step inside this Sally on Boca Chica.

Sally Beauty Supply Company Information