Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.12/5

Old Spice Reviews

Original review: Aug. 23, 2019

I recently started using Old Spice “gel” deodorant and noticed my underarm was getting red. After two days of using this product I completely stopped because my underarm became very irritated. I received a chemical burn from this product.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

Recently tried Old Spice deodorant I picked up from the store. It the blue gel. After three days of use, I started to get a burning feeling under my arms and my skin started peeling. Giant red irritation in the area.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2019

I’ve been using the Old Spice Wilderness with Lavender deodorant and recently have had skin irritation with burning pain and after I stopped using it, my skin is peeling as well. I have switched to a different brand due to the issue.

Original review: July 24, 2019

My husband and son have used this deodorant and it's awful. My son has horrible rash burning in both armpits. My husband has the the rash and on him it's created a bump the size of a golf ball in his skin. It's hard to put his arm down without it hurting so bad. He can't do anything to make it go down. Super painful for them both. It's so unbelievable that a company is ok with selling something so harmful.

Original review: July 20, 2019

Hello. I am very displeased with this product. Unknowingly using the Pure Sport High Endurance deodorant by Old Spice. I've use this more than 10 times. Been using it for 3 months now. I didn't notice anything for the first 5 or 10 uses then out of nowhere I started getting a raw, burning painful sensation on/around my armpits! They were all red and hurt like hell!! I didn't think anything of it until a few days ago. It was so bad I was crying. I thought it was just from working out/ rubbing of the shirts. The last time I'll ever use Old Spice ever again!!! I can't even buy deodorant without worrying, "Is this safe? Will this one burn my armpits and leave them raw, painful also?" So I've been using a different deodorant and no burn or anything of the sort.

I have a picture of my armpit and still have the deodorant if further action is taken to test the specific product I was using to see what is causing me and others to have raw painful burning sensations anywhere the product was applied. I also use this on mosquito bites as well as I've heard deodorant helps soothe the bite and have noticed it has left a small area red but didn't burn much probably because there was no skin on skin rubbing contact. I really hope this helps when buying deodorant or even for people to see why they are burning raw. I unknowingly used this product because I buy in bulk and didn't think much of this 'cause never has this happened in my life. I figured since I work a lot and do lots of outside activities that's why but no. Got out the shower, used it, not even a few hours later I'm burning raw and crying in pain! Never again Old Spice!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Old Spice?

Original review: June 22, 2019

My son used Old Spice deodorant a few weeks ago. He came to me complaining that his armpits felt like they were burning. I took a look and sure enough he had a red rash around his armpits. I made him shower thinking it was from working out. The next morning he applied deodorant again and the same reaction happened again within mins. Showered and threw that stuff away!

Original review: June 19, 2019

I've been using Old Spice for years! And only that brand. Never switched with other brands here and there or anything! Just Old Spice 'cuz I loved the smell. I got some Aqua Reef deodorant and showered before bed and put some on. I woke up to a horrible burning feeling under my arms the next morning! I went in the bathroom to look in the mirror and my underarms were bright red and inflamed with the worst burning sensation EVER! Hard to move my arms up or down. Felt like they were on FIRE! HORRIBLE!! We need to come together as ONE and get this crap off store shelves!

Original review: June 17, 2019

I don't have sensitive skin by any means, so when I noticed a burning rash on BOTH of my underarms, I was quick to find out what it was. I changed razors, detergent, lotions...it came down to the deodorant. A brand that I have trusted and used for years because everyone knows men's deodorant is way better and more protectant than women's. My husband sent me a link today with an article on people experiences the same thing I was. I stumbled upon this page and I'm making a review to say YOU SUCK OLD SPICE.

Original review: June 2, 2019

I have used Old Spice Fresh High-Endurance deodorant and now have horrible red burning chemical burns on each of my armpits and the surrounding area around my armpits. My skin is actually starting to peel and the burning and pain is actually pretty intense! Stay away from this product! I have always used Old Spice deodorant and never had any problems like this before.

Original review: May 29, 2019

I used Old Spice Timber deodorant. I woke up the next day with a horrible burning sensation. I haven't been putting anything on other than antibiotics for three days and it's just getting worse. I can't move my arm up or down without my armpit feeling like it's tearing. I had to ice it half the day. Stay away from old spice deodorants.

Old Spice Company Information