2. Shopping
  3. Personal Care Products

3.7/5 (97 ratings)

About Old Spice

Old Spice Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Old Spice?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Old Spice?

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

My 18 yr old son has worn this. First day noticed a tingling/burning feeling. Second day little red. Today he is on fire! Blood red and blistered up around the armpits. His first time using Old Spice product deodorant and he has a chemical burn. He cannot put his arms down and literally crying in pain. This is a boy that has broken many bones before but this has brought the tears! We tried washing the area, big mistake! Used our sprayer at sink with cold water. Put burn cream on it. That did not work. Made it worse. I have now put A & D ointment on it. That has soothed him for the moment. I also called the # on the back of the product. No help. Just acted like I was stupid & it was his skin that had the problem. It wasn’t the product. My son is in pain & it looks horrible!! I’m not the first person to have a complaint of this product. Something needs to be done!!

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

The deodorant said 'original scent' and it's not even near. I've used Old Spice for 50 years. It was once the Shulton Co. Since this garbage dump P&G in garbage dump Cincinnati bought it it's gone downhill ever since. How dare they claim it's the same stuff as it was years ago! They put some kind of weird fragrance in it this time that I can't recognize and I don't like it. They are liars. Now I see they are creating even more problems. The Shulton Co also had very attractive packaging too.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

I used Old Spice's Aqua Reef deodorant on 1/21/18, a few hours later, my underarms were red and irritated. Over the next few days, the irritation worsened. To the point of blistering and peeling. I have had to seek medical advice for the issue and have been in SEVERE pain. The company is negligent in ensuring their product is safe for consumers. For some reason the left armpit has fared much worse than the right, and the irritation is around the perimeter of the underarm and not the center... It still HURTS LIKE HELL. Pictures do not do this injury justice as you can't see the raw red 'meat' in the creases. I was forced to select 1 star, but this product is in the negative and so is Old Spice (P&G) for lacking to care for consumer safety.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2018

After 4 years of using Old Spice I now have chemical burns under both arms from using Old Spice Fiji deodorant. It's painful to move, even just sitting doing nothing my skin was burning. I have painful burning and peeling in several areas. It's crazy that this is happening to so many people but Old Spice refuses to claim any responsibility, claiming that we are only sensitive to their product. I've been using Old Spice for years and it just now burned me. It is painful and horrible to go through, I can only think of the lasting scars I will have. Absolute worst.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2018

I used Old Spice High endurance for years and would sometimes experience mild burning sensation and heavy rashes until August of 2017 when I applied it in the morning after the shower, minutes later in starting to burn, this had happened before so I didn’t think much of it, by lunch time, all I could concentrate on was how much my armpits burned. I hopped in the shower in the early evening and when the water hit my armpits it felt like fire. I jumped out of the shower and looked in the mirror to see BOTH armpits extremely red, bumpy and blistered.

By the next morning I had awoken to SEVERE chemical burns that were completely raw, skin peeling off and turning greenish brown, bleeding and oozing fluid from the side of my chest all the way to my inner bicep!!! This was the most painful 6 days of my life! I tried to contact the company via email and telephone and never got anywhere...BUYER BEWARE!!! I know several people who this has also happened to, not as severe but still happened nonetheless. You shouldn’t have to worry about frigging chemical burns while applying deodorant!!! I’ve been using a different line of the old spice brand deodorant and have had no problems. DO NOT USE OLD SPICE HIGH ENDURANCE LINE!!!! The photo attached is of the actual scarring that took place! Photo was taken a month after the burns healed!!!

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

I have been using Old Spice for many many years, the last one I used was Pure Sport High Endurance. I put on a clean shirt and before I left the house my wife said, “What's on your shirt?”. The shirt was wet from the deodorant, I changed and hung the old shirt up to dry. The next day it was still wet. My wife washed both the first and second shirt. Both of them were bleached out under the arms. Time to change deodorants!!!

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

I typically don't use Old Spice but I ran out of my usual stuff and had one laying around the house. After applying it just once it has left me with a severe chemical burn and has worsened over the course of just a week. I thought it was just me but after going online I noticed this was an old spice issue. I highly recommend against getting this deodorant.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

I've been using Old Spice body wash and deodorant for a long time and never had any problems. I recently switched to Old Spice High Endurance because that's what my wife bought. After a few days I developed this terrible rash. I started itching, it was burning and extremely uncomfortable. I stopped using it and saw that were lawsuits, complaints and it seems as if nothing had been done. People like myself are getting these burns and rashes and Old Spice doesn't seem to want to look into their horribly manufactured product. I hope something gets done because I'm sure it's embarrassing for men and myself to have this rash/burn on our underarms.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

I’ve been using Old Spice deodorant and body wash for 7 years. I recently bought some Old Spice deodorant that I’ve been using but now I’ve gotten big rash and bumps under my arms that itches all day and hurt!

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

My boyfriend brought home Old Spice, so I started using it, once a day for a week. On the 5th day I noticed a rash, but it wasn't painful or itchy so I just brushed it off. The next morning I woke up to a larger rash under both arms, and it was mildly uncomfortable so I decided to stop using anything under my arms. I thought this would solve the problem, but the next morning (day 7), I woke up with a severe, burning sensation under both arms, and I looked in the mirror and was shocked! I had a severe chemical burn under my right arm, and a minor one under my left. Now, a week later, I am still in severe pain under my right arm. I am applying vitamin A & D cream daily, and it has started to scab. I have a doctor's appointment later this week. I haven't been able to use deodorant or shave for a WEEK. I'm so frustrated and tired of feeling uncomfortable!

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

Used Old Spice pure sport deodorant for 2 day. Work up with 2 rashes in each armpit. My left armpit had a small amount of pus coming from the burn itself. It literally feels like a bad burn. I have never had an issue with any kind of deodorant! This is unreal how quickly this caused such an extreme rash. I will be contacting company.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

A couple of weeks ago I started using Old Spice "Fiji" deodorant and it has caused a burn/rash that's quite painful. This past weekend I went without deodorant to let the areas heal and as soon as I put Fiji back on this morning it instantly started burning and I had to wash it off fast. I put on a different deodorant which has been fine. Hopefully the burns/rashes will go away before I head on vacation this week.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

Over a year ago, stopped using Old Spice after a rash broke out. I have been to doctors 2 times who prescribed antibiotics and cream with no results. And now again, this is going on. Red rash, itchy, inflammation. No relief.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

My sister was using Old Spice deodorant for a couple of weeks, when she noticed a burning/itching sensation in her armpits. It got so bad I had to take her to the ER, they had no idea what it was. The ER referred her to a dermatologist who can't see her til November. She now cries every day because of the burning and pain she's in, if there's anyone that is willing to help please contact me asap.

Original review: July 8, 2017

I started using Old Spice Wolfthorn deodorant because I liked how it smelled. After a short time couple of days, I broke out into a terrible rash/chemical burn on my underarms. It was extremely painful and unbearable. I sought medical help from dermatologist and was prescribed some cream to apply to my armpits twice a day for a week then once a day for another week. It finally calmed down and was no longer burning but it left scars under my arm where it had been burned. I will not recommend anybody to use this deodorant as it is dangerous and damaging to those who try to use it. The first pictures shown below are what my underarms look like now. As you can see, there is scarring left. The next two photos show my underarms when I contacted the dermatologist.

Original review: July 5, 2017

I put on Old Spice High Endurance pure sport deodorant and immediately my armpits started burning. I waited several minutes to see if it would stop but unfortunately it only got worse. After attempting to wash it all off, I was left with a ring like burn.

Original review: July 3, 2017

I came across the consumer reviews for the Old Spice and decided to post my own. In 2014 I tried once, and only once to use Old Spice High Endurance Sport formula they manufacture. I received nasty burns from use. I used it for 2 weeks. I noticed something didn't feel right about a week and a half before I decided to stop using it. I thought I was going crazy for a few days before I stopped using it because my underarms were very uncomfortable and almost burning. I never had that experience while using a deodorant.

When I finally decided to actually look at my underarms instead of blindly continuing to use the product I noticed red burns and raw spots where my skin was beginning to peel from my underarms. I had to stop using deodorant for about two weeks until my underarms returned to normal. The timing could not have been any worse due to the fact that I was training for an upcoming deployment. Now I know after reading complaints that I'm not the only one. I wish I would have taken pics. I thought it was just me.

Original review: July 2, 2017

My husband loved to use Old Spice and had been using it (most of the time) for over a year. I had bought a new bottle for him. Within 48 hours he had 2 small blisters. Honestly, we did not associate it with the deodorant at the time. But he did switch back to a bottle I had already had but was not empty. Needless to say that after about a week it was all better. But we did not take pictures since we were not sure what caused it. We thought maybe that could be it but was not sure. We did not take pictures I am sorry to say. But since this appears to be a problem now we know. Thanks for letting us vent our aggravation. This product needs to be removed from the shelves.

Original review: June 27, 2017

I'm a lifelong customer of Old Spice. Last week I purchased three of the new Krakengard sticks in blue (having already went through the white stick variant with no issues). I applied it normally and broke into a painful rash that hasn't shown any signs of going away for a week now! It hurts to even wear a shirt and this picture is after having applied cortisone cream to my armpit twice a day for a week.

I called the corporate support number and a specialist took my notes as if they are continuously used to this procedure, then argued with me on a solution, refusing to refund all three of the deodorants I had purchased-- they could only cover the cost of ONE because that was "all I had opened." With no receipt to return them, they all went in the garbage. It's like Old Spice cares more about an extra $10 in their giant corporate pocket than over a week of pain that I've had to endure. I'm sorry Old Spice, but with this issue, the way you've handled it, and the fact that you've continued to downsize your product leaves me no choice: You've lost me as a customer. NO LOOKING BACK!

Original review: May 28, 2017

My husband have been using Old Spice for years. Never had a problem since. Recently started getting severe rashes under his armpits. Just awful. Never seen anything like it. This deodorant should be taken off the market. He uses the Old Spice Classic Original scent.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2017

I have been using Old Spice deodorant for quite some time now and recently started experiencing burning, redness, and irritation under my armpits. It has been getting worse and I have been suffering from this problem for about 2 weeks now. The redness has gotten worse and the burning as well. As a result, I had to go to my family doctor to have my doctor take a look at it and recommended some creams to use to help the situation. However, that did not work and it remains and it hurts. I will be going to the hospital if this remains and or gets any worse. The reason for this review is to inform consumers of this situation so they won't have to go through it.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2017

My 14 year old daughter used this product before a basketball game. By the time we got home, she had severe burns, yes burns, under both arm pits. She was in such severe pain, she could not lift her arm at all!! So, the reports on this are true, only I knew nothing about this until it was too late!! For years, people have complained about these products and P & G does nothing about it!! This is a serious problem and if any other product on the market was causing this many complaints, it would be taken off immediately!! The problem is, a lot of the reports go undocumented because people don't realize what is happening!!! Please, please bring this to the attention of as many people as you can!! This is extremely dangerous!!!

Original review: Jan. 13, 2017

I have been using Old Spice for about 3 years and have never had a problem until just recently. My girlfriend bought me some Old Spice desperado. I used it for two days and started having irritation in my armpits, skin started peeling, burning sensation, redness, and real tender under my underarms! I of course stopped using the deodorant immediately. I have since had some serious pain under my armpit that will not go away, the irritation eventually went away, but I still experience pain that has spread down my side like it's bruised and is progressively getting worse. I have no insurance to go to the doctor and I'm worried it could be serious because of the use of your desperado old spice brand!

I am very disappointed because I really liked using Old Spice and now I have to use another brand of deodorant, but at least my armpits are not peeling and feeling like they are on fire. I think your company should reimburse me for the problems I am still having to go through after the use of this product. They may not be on fire and peeling anymore, but I still feel like I'm bruised under my armpits! I do not save my receipts so I do not have one to upload but I do know where I purchased this from the dollar general store on Fremont street in Galesburg, Illinois.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2017

I am a 29 years old fitness professional, very active and sometimes very sweaty. I take at least a couple of showers a day and been using Old Spice Wolfthorn Deodorant Stick for the last 2-3 weeks. In the last days I noticed my skin was getting a little bit irritated underarms, but I ignored it, hoping that it will go away, as you do. Now it is starting to itch. It's as red as the stick itself and when I put my arms down it starts to burn. I wish I knew about this earlier, because from what I can see, I'm not the only one. For a lawsuit please contact me.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2017

I have used Old Spice for most of my adult life. It wasn't until I used the new line of wolfthorn, swagger, fiji etc that I had an issue. The picture I have attached is after a month of healing. I changed many products but never thought burns were from a company I trusted for so long. The doctor said it appeared I had a developed a bacterial like infection due to the severe burns. I still have scarring today but no longer use their products. I think something needs to be done for those who had to work uncomfortably with severe burns, doctor visits and monies spent on medical and other product replacement!!!

Original review: Jan. 6, 2017

My son has autism & is particular about smells so I let him pick out his deodorant. Two weeks ago he picked Wolfthorn & Bearglove. Sometimes he doesn't tell me right away if he's in pain, but thankfully he did yesterday! He came to me, holding his arms up saying "owie". Omg!!! Why hasn't this product been pulled from the shelves? He has BLISTERS!

Original review: Dec. 12, 2016

I've stopped using it for the past month and the burns still haven't gone away. I only have pictures of what it looks like now. I had huge red burns on both armpits for weeks it hurt too bad to even put my arms down! Even after a month of not using it no more I still have marks! This is ridiculous!!

Original review: Dec. 6, 2016

I used this Deodorant (Wolfthorn) because it smelled nice and women Deodorant didn't seem to stop the sweat now that I'm working out. I started to notice a red rash the second day of use. I used it the next day and didn't realize it caused everything to get worse. I stopped using and every day since my armpits are on fire, burning, painful and look bruised. I will be visiting my doctor tomorrow as I didn't know what to do to stop the burn and pain. I haven't used any Deodorant in three days. When the shower water hits my pits I want to scream! Extremely painful. As I searched the Internet for help, all the other reviews popped up with the same reactions to Old Spice. Why would the company not look into this further? Ugh!

Original review: Nov. 29, 2016

I have used Old Spice antiperspirant for over 15 years without any problem, however, I decided to try the Swagger deodorant (not antiperspirant) and developed a ring like burn around both armpits. It is very painful and makes wearing a shirt and showering difficult.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2016

I am a 30 year old male who has been using Old Spice Fiji Palm. I go through a lot of product. One morning after applying a new container of deodorant, I began experiencing severe burning under my armpits, and a rash appeared. It was so painful. I couldn't even put on a t-shirt. After a few weeks of this rash it led to a scarring and my whole underarm skin began peeling. I heard recently of a class action lawsuit which I would like to join. But there is no claim form or anyone to call. If anyone knows this information, please email my mother at **.

Old Spice Company Information