2. Shopping
  3. Personal Care Products

3.8/5 (98 ratings)

About Old Spice

Old Spice Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Old Spice?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Old Spice?

Original review: July 7, 2021

I have been using Old Spice for the past two years and noticed in the past year my armpits became very itchy. I recently developed a painful, burning red rash on my armpits. I used many different scents, Tropics, Fiji, Timber, Deep Sea. All caused the red rash. I threw out the deodorant and got a different brand.

Original review: May 30, 2021

I've been using Old Spice Pure Sport for years and I'm disappointed when last week I started to develop a painful rash under my arms. I couldn't figure out what to do. Every time I applied more it would burn until I had to see my doctor.

Get buying tips about Personal Care Products delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 14, 2021

Long-time user of Old Spice. Recently used Pure Endurance after a shower. The skin near my armpits started burning. I looked in the mirror and it was all red and rashy. I immediately threw out the deodorant and applied Polysporin. The entire week my skin was peeling and I had to apply ointment.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2021

I purchased the lavender gel-like deodorant from Target not even a week ago. I used the product once and got horrible chemical burns under one of my arms. It’s so incredibly painful and has blistered as well as becoming very red and irritated. I’m really disappointed.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2020

OK bear with me as this is the first review I have ever written on a product but my experience was so awful the word needs to get out so this may help others from experiencing this discomfort. I was even going to go as far as calling up my ex-wife to see if she can kiss it better but I don’t know if there’s a pain bad enough for that ever to happen,... but almost! All jokes aside, OUCH!! I have used Old Spice on and off for quite some time but not lately as my ex-wife really like the smell and made me wear it so just the name of the brand makes me cringe. At all no offense to old spice for that, but now I’m very pissed off what I went through in this is old bass his fault.

My dad died a couple months ago and as I was cleaning out his place a lot of things, well all his things became mine And I inherited this lovely stick of deodorant. Went to use it for the first time the other day. I was quite relaxed as I took a nice long bath to beat the heat. As I was all happy and pickled I put on this deodorant and within about an hour give or take I started feeling discomfort and this discomfort quickly turned in to a Pain that I describe as I would not wish this upon my worst enemy pain. I am a recovering ** addict and the only time in my life ever used the term “I would not wish this upon my worst enemy” was being a ** addict going through withdraws and now I use it again.

The pain almost reminded me of one time I got sprayed with bear mace and I went to the hospital for that and they stuck me in the ice cold shower outside in the middle of winter treating it like pepper spray Or mace which would be resolved in 10-15 minutes And everything will be OK but that did not happen. This ice cold shower felt like it was the hottest thing in the world and it made everything that burn on my face well,.... move downward (I think you get the picture) And I didn’t even start to feel relief from that incident For 8 hours. And the reason I going to that story is as I did research afterwards I find out it’s a chemical burn and so is this.

I don’t think old spice can get a attempted murder charge as the guy who sprayed me with Bear spray could’ve. Don’t get me wrong I would love my pockets to be lined up for the situation I went through but that has never been my style. But if there’s any lawyers out there I’m all ears. I’m rambling I just want people to read this and get a laugh out Out of my situation but most important to keep them interested in reading this review because I could’ve said at the beginning “this stuff burns don’t use” But who’s gonna take it seriously. Then you could only take things serious when you’re laughing because you can’t be in a bad mood and laugh. Google it!

I don’t know if old spice put bear spray in their deodorant or my dad is just punishing me from the other side for what I have no idea but that’s in this paper trail off let downs and lies he has put me through my whole life. OK if some of the stuff doesn’t make sense I use voice to text and I will be damned if I’m gonna read this again because I will fix it and redo it and it will be nothing like this one and you would never known the difference so who cares if it sounds like I’m crazy. Please improve and know that I am serious as hell when I’m saying this stuff hurts for hours and hours and water and soap don’t help because it’s not an irritant. It’s a chemical burn.

Buyer beware and stick to the good old Axe. OK I don’t know how to end this so bye and remember that you are amazing and live every day like it’s your last and love like it’s your last. Treat your woman like a lady and treat your lady like you would want another man to treat your daughter. Yeah I was mama raised. OK bye.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2020

I experienced severe itching and redness after using Old Spice deodorant. I stopped using it but the the redness is not going away. Will go to a doctor to find a solution. I wish we could attach photos here.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2020

After years of using my armpits were both burned from the product causing a lot of pain and discomfort! Thought it was a small rash from sweat but it just got worse and worse to the point I thought I might need to see a doctor until I saw other pics of the same injury online! Phil. 8/12/2020.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2020

I HAVE USED THIS DEODORANT MANY OF TIMES AND NEVER HAD ANY PROBLEMS UNTIL March 2020. I opened a new Old Spice high endurance pure sport, used it twice and broke out in my armpit. Looked burned and had blisters. The pain was awful. Called my doctor after trying cortisone cream and diaper rash cream, no relief at all. My wife had me put cold packs on area, no relief. The doctor put me on oral antibiotics and skin-calming cream on a Saturday and still no relief by that. Tuesday called back and the doctor had me talk with dermatologists and gave me a steroid cream to apply, got some relief after 2 days, had to apply for 3 weeks and area is still red to this day. The pain was so severe for the first 7 days.

Original review: June 26, 2020

Firstly, I am a woman. I typically use Dove deodorant. I ran out of my deodorant in the middle of the week and didn’t want to go to the store until the weekend. My boyfriend has several deodorants so I just picked one to use. I used Old Spice Pure Sport High Endurance deodorant for TWO DAYS and got vicious CHEMICAL BURNS. When I showed my boyfriend the burns he said, “I don’t even use that deodorant anymore because it feels like I have rug burn under my arms when I do.” Needless to say, this awful deodorant was thrown in the trash, but I am in a lot of pain. I can’t move my arms without my underarms burning. Nothing helps the pain either, not gold bond powder or ** lotion, not **, not ** cream, and not ** cream. It is agony. I have an appointment with the doctor soon to see if they have anything that will give me some relief. I would give zero stars if I could!

Original review: May 24, 2020

Do not use! 15 year old son used Old Spice Wilderness deodorant one time and received chemical burns under both arms. Had to go to emergency to treat severe blistering. Terrible product. They need to take this product off the market.

Old Spice Company Information