Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.12/5

Old Spice Reviews

Original review: Feb. 9, 2020

Never used body wash before but last week I purchased Old Spice Timber with Sandalwood. After using for 3-4 days, I developed a burning rash on my chest and neck. I stopped using it but the burning continues after another several days. Most post I have read are about a similar problem for people using the deodorant but there must be a common chemical in both deodorants and body wash products causing the issue.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2019

My boyfriend used to use this deodorant and I liked the smell so when I went to buy a new deodorant and saw Old Spice Pure Sport High Endurance, I bought it. I used it for about a week before I noticed that my armpits were on fire every morning even just after I showered and there was ostensibly nothing on my armpits. It stings, it burns, my skin is dark so it isn’t easy for me to see what it’s done to my skin. I googled to find out if anyone was experiencing this and...there are so many people complaining about this. Why isn’t Old Spice doing anything about this?

Get expert buying tips about Personal Care Products delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2019

My skin has turned white in my underarms after years of using the blue stick. Used to burn when I put it on. Did not realize I was damaging my skin. I wish I had not used this product to begin with...

Original review: Nov. 13, 2019

I have been using Old Spice for years. I am all of a sudden getting a red, itchy, scaly, rash under my arms. It's super uncomfortable. I thought I had some type of fungus but that was not the case. Contact dermatitis is the case.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2019

After using the Old Spice - Captain deodorant, I started having rashes and gets very itchy. Please refrain from buying these. Old Spice - don't spice it up like rashes. We have enough spice in our life already. Fix your damn product.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Old Spice?

Original review: Oct. 25, 2019

I started using Old Spice when I realized they had a lavender scent. My SO has been using them for years without any issues. I recently have found that my usual deodorant was not living up to expectations so I made the switch to Old Spice. I use the blue gel one. After about 10 uses or so I notice my underarms getting itchy, rash covered and painful. I had to stop using any deodorant for a few days. I thought maybe it was because I tried a new one when I felt the Old Spice was not living up to its famed odor and wetness protection. Well recently my arms have had a constant rash, though it doesn’t hurt and I’ve been solely using Old Spice since the major rash incident a few months ago.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2019

I recently started using Old Spice “gel” deodorant and noticed my underarm was getting red. After two days of using this product I completely stopped because my underarm became very irritated. I received a chemical burn from this product.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

Recently tried Old Spice deodorant I picked up from the store. It the blue gel. After three days of use, I started to get a burning feeling under my arms and my skin started peeling. Giant red irritation in the area.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2019

I’ve been using the Old Spice Wilderness with Lavender deodorant and recently have had skin irritation with burning pain and after I stopped using it, my skin is peeling as well. I have switched to a different brand due to the issue.

Original review: July 24, 2019

My husband and son have used this deodorant and it's awful. My son has horrible rash burning in both armpits. My husband has the the rash and on him it's created a bump the size of a golf ball in his skin. It's hard to put his arm down without it hurting so bad. He can't do anything to make it go down. Super painful for them both. It's so unbelievable that a company is ok with selling something so harmful.

Avoid expensive home repairs

Take our two minute quiz to find the right home warranty for you.

Old Spice Company Information