1.00/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

422 Old Spice Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

I've recently started using the Old Spice Captain clear stick, and have developed a rash/burn of sorts. I've used Old Spice gel deodorants in the past but it seems that the clear stick is different and I have decided to stop using it.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

My Son and I ended up getting a Big Rash for weeks by using Old Spice Fresh and it's something that really gets me mad because this is time and money that customers spend to give Old Spice Business and too many people are suffering from Rashes. I Have pictures to prove them and would like to Sue the Company but since the Company is already in a Lawsuit, who knows if I can do anything about it.

Get expert buying tips about Personal Care Products delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

For the last 8 or 9 years I've use Old Spice gel deodorant. Well about maybe less than a year I've had to change from gel to the white deodorant because I've had many times where I used the gel deodorant and wake up with my armpits burning and stained and some skin falling. It hurts and doesn't make me satisfied with the products.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

I got terrible chemical burns from using Old Spice Gel Deodorant! I have taken care of it, yet after a week it still hurts so bad to move my arm, and changing clothes and showering is the most painful thing! DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT!

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

My boyfriend has deodorants laying around & every once in awhile, I’ll use one. I’ve got this weird rash looking thing a couple times but never knew why. Monday morning after the shower, I used his Old Spice and almost instantly my armpit started burning. Throughout the day it got worse and this was it the next morning. VERY PAINFUL - not itchy or anything, just burns. It’s been 4 days now and it is still completely there and stingy constantly.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Old Spice?

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

Old Spice Pure Sports Plus and Pure Sports deodorant have gave me a rash in my armpit. I have since stopped using Old Spice and no longer have the rash. I now use Degree Advanced Protection. I would suggest not to use Old Spice.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

I’ve been using the brand for years. I recently got new sets for Christmas and it has caused a breakout and burning sensation to my armpits. Causing a lot of pain and discomfort to my underarm. Very upsetting.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

I have used Old Spice Pure Sport gel deodorant as well shower wash in the past few months. The deodorant destroyed my underarms, the shower wash no problem. I stop both. Used the deodorant - within an hour my underarms were so inflamed it was unreal. Since that happen I still use the wash but switched to a different brand of deodorant (**). No more issues. At the time I felt it was me but seeing the other post - well you be the judge.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2019

I have been a long time user of Old Spice Pure Sport High Endurance deodorant and I too have experienced the itching rashes that hurt to even put my arms down. I just thought it was me because I never had an issue until after I had surgery on my foot for a calcaneus fracture about spring of 2009. I just thought my body chemistry changed somehow but after reading all the reviews I've seen I'm convinced that they somehow changed the ingredients and my body doesn't like it. I have used other brands with no issues but keep coming back to old spice only to get those nasty burns. I really like the smell but not the burning rashes. Seems fine in cooler months but really burns me in warm months.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

I used Old Spice Swagger deodorant for a really long time. I liked the smell of it and it lasted a long time. Until I started getting rashes under my armpits that felt like my armpits was on fire. I couldn't hardly put my arms down because it hurt so bad. And I started feeling knots under my armpits that started bothering me also. It was the worst pain I felt in a long time.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

After using Old Spice for some time my armpits started to itch really bad and they kept burning to the point where they would start to bleed. After I had stopped using this deodorant and went to Dove the itching stopped. I started to use Old Spice again and it just started over.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

I have constantly used Old Spice swagger deodorant for a couple months until I had a bad feeling under my armpit. It started off as a burning sensation so I stopped using it for a while 'til the feeling went away. Then it got worse. I had a knot to come under my armpit to the point where it had to be busted open. I still have the scars under my armpit from this deodorant.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

I have tried each of the following Old Spice products and mainly the BearGlove, LionPride burned making my underarms raw to the point of having to leave work so I go home and wash it off and thinking it was only me all this time. But after visiting with others the subject came up about Old Spice Deodorant to hear others reporting the same issues in which I had no idea. Searched the internet to discover others had the same exact symptoms. Switched over to FIJI and it just stopped working halfway through the day and then switched over to Pure Sport to see that it also stops working. I only kept the BearGlove & LionPride as a reminder of what NOT to purchase nor use anymore. I can't believe Old Spice would do this to people instead of being more concerned of their profit margin. After finding this I will no longer use Old Spice or Proctor & Gamble deodorant products.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2018

I’ve been using Old Spice for years and this last experience I developed the worst chemical burns under my arms that lasted for weeks and still have scars to prove it (pictured below). Couldn’t raise my arms for weeks without extreme pain.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2018

My boyfriend and I both started using the Pure sport deodorant during the summer. We got two of them and each had our own. Within a few days I noticed my armpits were red and felt very raw. It took my boyfriend a few more weeks than mine did but the same thing started happening to him. We got a different brand and used it and it cleared up completely. This past week I ran out and had no choice but to use the Pure Sport again and within HOURS my arms were very red and sore and I could barely lift my arms up without being in excruciating pain. It just stings and burns! This should not be sold and I’m obviously not the only person having an issue with this!

Original review: Dec. 24, 2018

My husband was using regular Old Spice deodorant and ran out. I accidentally bought the gel Old Spice and within a week he started complaining his underarms were starting to burn. When I checked under his arms he had horrible rashes and burns!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

Was using Old Spice regular deodorant without any issues. Ran out and purchased the pure sport plus antiperspirant (by accident), and now my armpits are burning with dark red marks all over, almost looks like shingles! Really burns in shower and when trying to put on regular deodorant in the mornings. Now I recall having this same exact same issue in the past when using a certain Old Spice deodorant. These types of deodorants should not be allowed to be sold!!! Horrible experience.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2018

Earlier this year my boyfriend started using a different kind of Old Spice. It was the presses powder one. It didn’t have a huge smell. It seemed harmless... He was wrong. The chemical burns were so severe he could not even lift his arm or wear anything with sleeves for almost two weeks!!! We treated with Aloe Vera and calamine lotion. Typical remedies.

Here we are now towards the end of the year and he has since switched to gel product. I have started to use Old Spice myself as I do not find the girl products to be as deodorizing and last as long as the female products in the same department. I’m highly upset because now I am having a chemical burn under both arms... I’ve tried to reach out to Old Spice numerous times... only to be put on a long hold of which I don’t feel as a consumer with an issue such as mine should have to wait. Can we at least, as consumers, get answers as to why your product is burning our skin Old Spice??? You were put under fire of a lawsuit in 2016 for the same thing!!! Either pull your product off of shelves or start compensating your consumers for their pain and suffering!!!

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

I bought Old Spice deodorant earlier in the year and after using it for a couple of days I developed an underarm rash. It itched and burned to the extent that I couldn't sleep at night. Fast forward to Sep 2018: I ran out of the deodorant I had been using and picked up the Old Spice again. After just one application the rash came back again. I've tried several ointments, but still have the rash. This is a dangerous product that should not be sold to the public. Is there a class action suit? I would like to join it.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

My Name is Andres **, resident in Tarrytown, NY. A few days ago I started using Old Spice KRAKENGARD fragrance, and this caused me severe burns in both of my armpits. I cannot sleep because of the irritation and because there have been some lacerations in this area. This area is very dark and irritated. I use this product in my house with my children, and they have caused the same reaction. It is necessary and urgent that this product be removed from the market and that legal actions be taken against this company for selling this type of product with chemicals that harm our health.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2018

I normally use Gillette deodorant but ran out and picked up an Old Spice Pure sport. Was using it for a week or two and then all the sudden got huge chemical burns inside both armpits. I stopped using it immediately because it hurt so bad. It’s to the point of weeping and oozing constantly. Nothing is easing the pain and burning! I can barely move my arms. Parts are starting to dry out and scab but once I put my arms down and then up, they rip back open. I don’t have particularly sensitive skin so this was a shock. Quickly search online and found this has happened a lot! Needs to be recalled!

Original review: July 18, 2018

My 17 year old daughter started using Old Spice deodorant this spring, and broke out with horrific rash / burns under her arms. Nothing will make it go away, now it is weeping and cracking, and VERY painful. She is in so much pain from the product. We are finally going to the dermatologist to hopefully get relief. Hoping as a now 18 year old, she does not end up with scars from this product as others have. I called Old Spice and they just took my info, and offered to give me $5 to cover the cost of the product. Really?

Original review: July 15, 2018

I’ve used Old Spice for years and loved it. My wife enjoyed the scent, I enjoyed the classic look and feel. But beginning a few weeks ago, I began to notice a light red rash. I’ve had dermatitis in the past so I assumed that was the case and never figured it might be the deodorant. If only I’d stopped using it then. The reaction got VERY bad last week, and by the time I realized it was the Old Spice causing it, my armpits looked and felt like they had second degree burns. There’s even a yellowing of the skin in places that aren’t bright red. I’m assuming scabs will be next. There’s something very wrong with this product and people need to know about it.

Original review: May 26, 2018

My girlfriend purchased some Old Spice Ambassador deodorant on the 16th of May 2018. I started using it as of the 17th of May. I sometimes used it once or twice per day. On Tuesday May 22 I felt something under my armpits that felt like a scratch. When I got home from work I checked my armpit and my armpit was almost burnt. There was a rash and some blistering. Looks like Old Spice might be putting some kind of acid in their products. This has never happened to me in my life before. First and last time using Old Spice. I don’t recommend it to anyone.

Even if you smell like feet you’re better off not wearing anything than getting this acid burn under your armpits. I leave for a vacation next week and thanks to Old Spice I won’t enjoy it. Thanks to the burns I got under my armpits. I called Old Spice and they want to send me a 5$ gift card when it already costed me 10$ for cream to try and stop the pain. DON'T EVER USE ANY OF THE P&G PRODUCTS. I will definitely look into the class action lawsuit they have against them and I would like to see what I can do.

Original review: May 23, 2018

Decided to try Old Spice Fresh deodorant after a sale advertisement at a local store. After using for 2 days, I developed an underarm rash with burning and itching. Stopped using it, and the rash appeared lighter in appearance after using zinc oxide cream. Itching has eased as well. Contacted P&G, where they issued a Visa gift card in the amount of the deodorant price to satisfy me. Decided To go on the web to check about others affected. I have not activated the gift card.

Original review: May 11, 2018

My son have the talk about puberty at school 3 weeks ago and they gave him the sample deodorant from Old Spice Swagger. He came home all excited that he told me to go to the store to go buy the shower wash and body spray. The day after that he started getting hives all over his body. I had to take him to the doctor and he told me that is was because he was using something new and yes he had started to use the Old Spice Swagger line.

Original review: May 7, 2018

This is by far the most corrupt corperation I have ever come in contact with. They deliberately keep these horrendous products on the market when they cause so much pain. I used Old Spice deodorant, specifically the "Fresh" brand, and after the first three uses I got severe lacerations and chemical burns under both arms. I was in some of the most severe pain I have ever experienced, and couldn't move my arms. This is ridiculous! These products must be annihilated from the market! Never should you EVER buy any products by Old Spice. And I never will support this company in ANY way, ever again.

Original review: May 2, 2018

I used my husband's Old Spice Pure Sport as I ran out of my deodorant. A few hours later I felt pain and burning in my armpit and I had dark red rash. Beyond the pain it started oozing the next day and I had to wrap gauze around and under my arm to be able to tolerate the pain. I've had reaction to cosmetics before, but never this bad. This product should be called back.

Original review: March 27, 2018

My son has used Old Spice in the past and had no issues. He used the Fiji one on 3/23/18 and it severely burnt under his arms. There are a lot of people who are having this issue so why has this been going on for a few years now? This is a very bad product and everyone should stop using any P&G products altogether. They obviously do not care about their customers so why should we care about their business...

Original review: March 20, 2018

I used Old Spice pure sport high endurance for the first time ever for 2 days and was left with chemical burns under my arms. I have NEVER experienced this with any brand before. It is extremely painful. By far the worst product I have ever used.

Old Spice Company Information