Old Spice

Compare Miscellaneous

Research top Miscellaneous recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I have been using Old Spice deodorant for quite some time now and recently started experiencing burning, redness, and irritation under my armpits. It has been getting worse and I have been suffering from this problem for about 2 weeks now. The redness has gotten worse and the burning as well. As a result, I had to go to my family doctor to have my doctor take a look at it and recommended some creams to use to help the situation. However, that did not work and it remains and it hurts. I will be going to the hospital if this remains and or gets any worse. The reason for this review is to inform consumers of this situation so they won't have to go through it.

My 14 year old daughter used this product before a basketball game. By the time we got home, she had severe burns, yes burns, under both arm pits. She was in such severe pain, she could not lift her arm at all!! So, the reports on this are true, only I knew nothing about this until it was too late!! For years, people have complained about these products and P & G does nothing about it!! This is a serious problem and if any other product on the market was causing this many complaints, it would be taken off immediately!! The problem is, a lot of the reports go undocumented because people don't realize what is happening!!! Please, please bring this to the attention of as many people as you can!! This is extremely dangerous!!!

I have been using Old Spice for about 3 years and have never had a problem until just recently. My girlfriend bought me some Old Spice desperado. I used it for two days and started having irritation in my armpits, skin started peeling, burning sensation, redness, and real tender under my underarms! I of course stopped using the deodorant immediately. I have since had some serious pain under my armpit that will not go away, the irritation eventually went away, but I still experience pain that has spread down my side like it's bruised and is progressively getting worse. I have no insurance to go to the doctor and I'm worried it could be serious because of the use of your desperado old spice brand!

I am very disappointed because I really liked using Old Spice and now I have to use another brand of deodorant, but at least my armpits are not peeling and feeling like they are on fire. I think your company should reimburse me for the problems I am still having to go through after the use of this product. They may not be on fire and peeling anymore, but I still feel like I'm bruised under my armpits! I do not save my receipts so I do not have one to upload but I do know where I purchased this from the dollar general store on Fremont street in Galesburg, Illinois.

I am a 29 years old fitness professional, very active and sometimes very sweaty. I take at least a couple of showers a day and been using Old Spice Wolfthorn Deodorant Stick for the last 2-3 weeks. In the last days I noticed my skin was getting a little bit irritated underarms, but I ignored it, hoping that it will go away, as you do. Now it is starting to itch. It's as red as the stick itself and when I put my arms down it starts to burn. I wish I knew about this earlier, because from what I can see, I'm not the only one. For a lawsuit please contact me.

I have used Old Spice for most of my adult life. It wasn't until I used the new line of wolfthorn, swagger, fiji etc that I had an issue. The picture I have attached is after a month of healing. I changed many products but never thought burns were from a company I trusted for so long. The doctor said it appeared I had a developed a bacterial like infection due to the severe burns. I still have scarring today but no longer use their products. I think something needs to be done for those who had to work uncomfortably with severe burns, doctor visits and monies spent on medical and other product replacement!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Old Spice?

My son has autism & is particular about smells so I let him pick out his deodorant. Two weeks ago he picked Wolfthorn & Bearglove. Sometimes he doesn't tell me right away if he's in pain, but thankfully he did yesterday! He came to me, holding his arms up saying "owie". Omg!!! Why hasn't this product been pulled from the shelves? He has BLISTERS!

I've stopped using it for the past month and the burns still haven't gone away. I only have pictures of what it looks like now. I had huge red burns on both armpits for weeks it hurt too bad to even put my arms down! Even after a month of not using it no more I still have marks! This is ridiculous!!

I used this Deodorant (Wolfthorn) because it smelled nice and women Deodorant didn't seem to stop the sweat now that I'm working out. I started to notice a red rash the second day of use. I used it the next day and didn't realize it caused everything to get worse. I stopped using and every day since my armpits are on fire, burning, painful and look bruised. I will be visiting my doctor tomorrow as I didn't know what to do to stop the burn and pain. I haven't used any Deodorant in three days. When the shower water hits my pits I want to scream! Extremely painful. As I searched the Internet for help, all the other reviews popped up with the same reactions to Old Spice. Why would the company not look into this further? Ugh!

I have used Old Spice antiperspirant for over 15 years without any problem, however, I decided to try the Swagger deodorant (not antiperspirant) and developed a ring like burn around both armpits. It is very painful and makes wearing a shirt and showering difficult.

I am a 30 year old male who has been using Old Spice Fiji Palm. I go through a lot of product. One morning after applying a new container of deodorant, I began experiencing severe burning under my armpits, and a rash appeared. It was so painful. I couldn't even put on a t-shirt. After a few weeks of this rash it led to a scarring and my whole underarm skin began peeling. I heard recently of a class action lawsuit which I would like to join. But there is no claim form or anyone to call. If anyone knows this information, please email my mother at **.

I bought this particular brand when my normal brand was out at the local dollar store a couple of weeks ago. I started noticing I was getting a rash under one arm. Then it started on the other arm. It is burning, red, itchy, swollen, and painful. I am not a happy camper. How do I get in on this Class Action suit?!? This is awful and I am having a hard time wearing shirts. Ugh!! I have images.

I've been using Old Spice body wash and deodorant for a few months. In the last few months I have broken out with a rash every single day all over my body and my armpits as well. I couldn't figure out why I kept getting this rash. I saw my doctor and he prescribed me ** thinking it was stress hives. Since I stopped using the deodorant, my armpits don't break out. But up until I saw a shared video about Old Spice causing rashes, I had no idea. I plan to stop using the body wash in hopes that the rash will stop. I itch non stop and have scars from it.

Bought some Old Spice deodorant about 3 weeks ago, after a few days I felt burning in my arms. Went to a mirror and seen I had sun burn like sores in my armpits that were very painful and had trouble wearing shirts. Immediately threw it away and got new deodorant, I now have burn scars in my arm pits.

I have used Old Spice since High School and everything was fine back then. For a while I started using other brands of deodorants but recently switched back to the good ole Old Spice. Completely regret it. I got a severe rash/burn after using it for only a day or two! Skin started peeling and was very sensitive. Not sure if there was a formula change but something is wrong. Don't buy.

Although I'm a woman I tend to use Old Spice deodorant. It started with a slight rash underneath both arm pits and ended up turning into a blistery, burning chemical burn. I will never use any Old Spice products again.

For years I used Old Spice click deodorants purchased at Kroger. Suddenly in 2016 they began to burn and rash my skin. I switched to the solid blue Old Spice stick and it did the same, burn and rash. Now I use the white solid Old Spice stick with no problems so far. Will update if there are in future.

I usually wear Degree deodorant but my wife recently purchased Old Spice Swagger. I used it for two days and by the third day this is how my left underarm looks. The right one is burned also but nowhere near the extent of the left one. I have blisters on it. There is extreme pain every time I move. I woke up this morning and my arm was stuck to my side. Extremely painful to pull apart. I couldn't even go to work. The white stuff is where I put goldbond medicated powder on it last night. I would like a lawyer to contact me about this lawsuit against Old spice.

I have two boys, they are 16 and 20 years old. They both used Old Spice Original Deodorant and both complained immediately of a horrible burning under their arms! I can't believe there are complaints for several months yet the deodorant is still available for purchase! I would like to know what the company plans to do to help anyone affected by using this deodorant?!? It's reckless and irresponsible to continue to sell this to anyone until it is researched and safe to use again.

I've been using Old Spice deodorants for ten years. I always bought Original, Classic, or High Endurance and was very loyal to the brand. I have never had any problems with the product and never bought anything else because I liked Old Spice so much. Yesterday, I opened a new stick of Classic Scent and felt a painful burning sensation under my arms almost instantly. I waited a few seconds to see if it would stop, but it only persisted. I rushed to the bathroom and washed off the deodorant and found my skin was pink and irritated.

Throughout the day, as the burn "settled", it hurt worse and worse. It felt like razor burn, or a sunburn that's almost healed and isn't radiating heat anymore. I inspected the rash in the bathroom and found it tender and waxy. This was what happened to me with only a few seconds of contact. What if I hadn't washed it off?

When I or home from work, I considered recreating my steps to see if I could trigger the burning again. I thought that maybe the soap I used in the shower might have caused some kind of reaction. I took a shower without using soap and applied the deodorant. While the alcohol irritated my existing burn, it did not seem to occur again in the same severity. I went to bed and woke up the next morning. I took another shower - again without using soap under my arms, and applied the deodorant a third time. Like the first time, extreme and painful burning began again. I washed the deodorant off immediately and Sat down to write this review.

Like I said, I've been using Old Spice for a decade and have never had a problem. Occasionally my skin would peel, but it was not painful and did not raise any concerns for me. I thought it could have easily have been from friction during the day. But what happened to me yesterday is not some fluke or personal sensitivity. This has happened to hundreds of people who have suffered much worse than me. I don't know if it's a batch problem or a resistance I have finally broken down or what, but I have never been adversely impacted by a consumer product like this before. I am disappointed. I am angry. I don't know what else to do but this. I don't have the receipt anymore, but I do have the stick. I'll be keeping it in a plastic bag in case I have the opportunity to be compensated.

My boyfriend got severe rash and burns from the deodorant. Looking online seems like many others with the same issue... why haven't they done something about this? This is a very serious problem. Think twice before using these products.

I started using Old Spice Deodorant "Fresh", I had apparently a reaction for years, skin always irritated. So I switched to Old Spice "Swagger". I had no problems until recently, when I switched to using Antiperspirant when I work out, and using the Deodorant when I am not working out. I used the Deodorant and now have chemical burns on both armpits. I have tried other Old Spice Deodorants and end up with an irritation to them.

Let me just say I am a female. My husband and I were headed out the door to go to a local store and I felt like I needed a quick swipe of deodorant because it's been in the upper 80's and was warm again that day. I grabbed the Old Spice Swagger and gave 1 quick swipe under each armpit. We got to our location (10 minutes away) and began going through the store. Within another 10 minutes my right armpit was burning. It was really uncomfortable. I joked and asked him what they put in that manly deodorant thinking it wasn't the deodorant at all. By the time we got home I was in intense pain and I've given birth to 2 children, one over 10 lbs. I quickly got a shower and felt marginally better for about a minute.

I woke up the following day and the creases in my armpit are bright red and goopy. It looks like skin is falling off. Within another day the other armpit now looks the same. I've not put deodorant on in almost a week. I went to the doctor and she gave me some cream, but it's not helping either. They are getting worse. I can't lift my arms over my head due to the pain. As a busy mom this is HORRIBLE. I've never had a reaction like this to anything. It's not a rash. It doesn't itch. It burns. All because of 1 swipe in each armpit. 1 swipe. Now it's been a week of pain.

I been using Old Spice deodorant for 15 years and I been using Pure Sport . Lately my armpit are red and itch. I am from Guatemala Central America. This Old Spice I been using is made in the USA.

Old spice is ridiculous putting chemicals that burn people the way it does! My 2 sons have burns all under arm pits from this crap and I'm going to an attorney's office Tuesday. This is stupid!!!

I've used Old Spice Pure Sport High Endurance for 10+years with no problems, except occasional redness from alcohol sensitivity if I over-do it, like by taking 3 showers in a day and applying heavily. Nothing that lasts more than a few hours, and only once a year, under the above conditions. In May of this year (2016), I experience a rash consistent with the other recent complaints. The rash started as an itchy couple of bumps, and then became a bright red "ring" of about 1.5 to 2 inches in diameter, with lighter red in the middle. The rash has persisted, despite discontinuing use of the product, for 6 weeks.

The rash is responsive (goes away, and the skin resumes its normal color) with daily use of ** (10%) ointment after 3 days, but returns if the ** treatment is stopped. After being diagnosed as potentially a yeast infection by my dermatologist, a 3-week treatment of under-arm-specific antifungal / anti-yeast foam was tried (** foam). No change / reaction, except the ring appeared darker / more red. I have resumed treatment with topical **, but since the symptoms recur if discontinued, I'm afraid I'm not treating, and worse probably masking, the underlying cause.

I've used Old Spice deodorant of various types for a while and never had this problem. My armpits are so badly burned. I can't raise my arms. Very hard to take a bath. It must be the "Swagger" scent because I haven't noticed a problem when I use the others when I'm traveling but at home I have the "Swagger" and both times I used it, I got blistered. Old Spice needs to check their products because people are obviously suffering from their products.

Old Spice Pure Sport deodorant - After a few days of using this I developed a rash under both armpits! They're now peeling like sunburn and it hurts very badly! I will not be using any Old Spice deodorants from now on.

I've been using Old Spice Swagger for about 2weeks now. Well I've started to burn little by little 3 days after using it. It hurts so bad I can't use any other deodorant, shave or even put water on it.

My husband purchased this deodorant and used it for just a few days. He has received chemical burns and they look horrible... urging him to see a doctor.

My husband got a nasty rash several months ago. He went the doctor. They treated it with pills. I threw out his deodorant which was Old Spice, I can't remember the flavor. I bought my husband another brand. But my husband bought another stick of Old Spice to leave in his car just in case he forgot to put on deodorant at home before he goes to work not thinking that he would get rash again. So he ran out of the stick at home. So he used the Old Spice Fiji. In three days he got the same rash. I sending him back to the doctor again tomorrow.

Old Spice Company Profile