1.14/5
Based on 400 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

401 Old Spice Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 15, 2018

I’ve used Old Spice for years and loved it. My wife enjoyed the scent, I enjoyed the classic look and feel. But beginning a few weeks ago, I began to notice a light red rash. I’ve had dermatitis in the past so I assumed that was the case and never figured it might be the deodorant. If only I’d stopped using it then. The reaction got VERY bad last week, and by the time I realized it was the Old Spice causing it, my armpits looked and felt like they had second degree burns. There’s even a yellowing of the skin in places that aren’t bright red. I’m assuming scabs will be next. There’s something very wrong with this product and people need to know about it.

Original review: May 26, 2018

My girlfriend purchased some Old Spice Ambassador deodorant on the 16th of May 2018. I started using it as of the 17th of May. I sometimes used it once or twice per day. On Tuesday May 22 I felt something under my armpits that felt like a scratch. When I got home from work I checked my armpit and my armpit was almost burnt. There was a rash and some blistering. Looks like Old Spice might be putting some kind of acid in their products. This has never happened to me in my life before. First and last time using Old Spice. I don’t recommend it to anyone.

Even if you smell like feet you’re better off not wearing anything than getting this acid burn under your armpits. I leave for a vacation next week and thanks to Old Spice I won’t enjoy it. Thanks to the burns I got under my armpits. I called Old Spice and they want to send me a 5$ gift card when it already costed me 10$ for cream to try and stop the pain. DON'T EVER USE ANY OF THE P&G PRODUCTS. I will definitely look into the class action lawsuit they have against them and I would like to see what I can do.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: May 23, 2018

Decided to try Old Spice Fresh deodorant after a sale advertisement at a local store. After using for 2 days, I developed an underarm rash with burning and itching. Stopped using it, and the rash appeared lighter in appearance after using zinc oxide cream. Itching has eased as well. Contacted P&G, where they issued a Visa gift card in the amount of the deodorant price to satisfy me. Decided To go on the web to check about others affected. I have not activated the gift card.

Original review: May 11, 2018

My son have the talk about puberty at school 3 weeks ago and they gave him the sample deodorant from Old Spice Swagger. He came home all excited that he told me to go to the store to go buy the shower wash and body spray. The day after that he started getting hives all over his body. I had to take him to the doctor and he told me that is was because he was using something new and yes he had started to use the Old Spice Swagger line.

Original review: May 7, 2018

This is by far the most corrupt corperation I have ever come in contact with. They deliberately keep these horrendous products on the market when they cause so much pain. I used Old Spice deodorant, specifically the "Fresh" brand, and after the first three uses I got severe lacerations and chemical burns under both arms. I was in some of the most severe pain I have ever experienced, and couldn't move my arms. This is ridiculous! These products must be annihilated from the market! Never should you EVER buy any products by Old Spice. And I never will support this company in ANY way, ever again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Old Spice?

Original review: May 2, 2018

I used my husband's Old Spice Pure Sport as I ran out of my deodorant. A few hours later I felt pain and burning in my armpit and I had dark red rash. Beyond the pain it started oozing the next day and I had to wrap gauze around and under my arm to be able to tolerate the pain. I've had reaction to cosmetics before, but never this bad. This product should be called back.

Original review: March 27, 2018

My son has used Old Spice in the past and had no issues. He used the Fiji one on 3/23/18 and it severely burnt under his arms. There are a lot of people who are having this issue so why has this been going on for a few years now? This is a very bad product and everyone should stop using any P&G products altogether. They obviously do not care about their customers so why should we care about their business...

Original review: March 20, 2018

I used Old Spice pure sport high endurance for the first time ever for 2 days and was left with chemical burns under my arms. I have NEVER experienced this with any brand before. It is extremely painful. By far the worst product I have ever used.

Original review: March 12, 2018

It has been 3 weeks since using Old Spice ‘After Hours’. My rash is still painful and itchy, and I have ceased using any deodorant at all. My armpit hair in the affected area have fallen out as well. I didn’t make the connection but this happened 2 year ago as well using the same product.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2018

I really loved the smell so decided since I feel men’s deodorant seems to Work better I would give it a try... VERY BAD DECISION. I am now left with a chemical burn under my armpit that is very painful and irritating as well as a dark spot that won’t go away or heal... VERY VERY DISAPPOINTED!!!

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

My 18 yr old son has worn this. First day noticed a tingling/burning feeling. Second day little red. Today he is on fire! Blood red and blistered up around the armpits. His first time using Old Spice product deodorant and he has a chemical burn. He cannot put his arms down and literally crying in pain. This is a boy that has broken many bones before but this has brought the tears! We tried washing the area, big mistake! Used our sprayer at sink with cold water. Put burn cream on it. That did not work. Made it worse. I have now put A & D ointment on it. That has soothed him for the moment. I also called the # on the back of the product. No help. Just acted like I was stupid & it was his skin that had the problem. It wasn’t the product. My son is in pain & it looks horrible!! I’m not the first person to have a complaint of this product. Something needs to be done!!

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

The deodorant said 'original scent' and it's not even near. I've used Old Spice for 50 years. It was once the Shulton Co. Since this garbage dump P&G in garbage dump Cincinnati bought it it's gone downhill ever since. How dare they claim it's the same stuff as it was years ago! They put some kind of weird fragrance in it this time that I can't recognize and I don't like it. They are liars. Now I see they are creating even more problems. The Shulton Co also had very attractive packaging too.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

I used Old Spice's Aqua Reef deodorant on 1/21/18, a few hours later, my underarms were red and irritated. Over the next few days, the irritation worsened. To the point of blistering and peeling. I have had to seek medical advice for the issue and have been in SEVERE pain. The company is negligent in ensuring their product is safe for consumers. For some reason the left armpit has fared much worse than the right, and the irritation is around the perimeter of the underarm and not the center... It still HURTS LIKE HELL. Pictures do not do this injury justice as you can't see the raw red 'meat' in the creases. I was forced to select 1 star, but this product is in the negative and so is Old Spice (P&G) for lacking to care for consumer safety.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2018

After 4 years of using Old Spice I now have chemical burns under both arms from using Old Spice Fiji deodorant. It's painful to move, even just sitting doing nothing my skin was burning. I have painful burning and peeling in several areas. It's crazy that this is happening to so many people but Old Spice refuses to claim any responsibility, claiming that we are only sensitive to their product. I've been using Old Spice for years and it just now burned me. It is painful and horrible to go through, I can only think of the lasting scars I will have. Absolute worst.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2018

I used Old Spice High endurance for years and would sometimes experience mild burning sensation and heavy rashes until August of 2017 when I applied it in the morning after the shower, minutes later in starting to burn, this had happened before so I didn’t think much of it, by lunch time, all I could concentrate on was how much my armpits burned. I hopped in the shower in the early evening and when the water hit my armpits it felt like fire. I jumped out of the shower and looked in the mirror to see BOTH armpits extremely red, bumpy and blistered.

By the next morning I had awoken to SEVERE chemical burns that were completely raw, skin peeling off and turning greenish brown, bleeding and oozing fluid from the side of my chest all the way to my inner bicep!!! This was the most painful 6 days of my life! I tried to contact the company via email and telephone and never got anywhere...BUYER BEWARE!!! I know several people who this has also happened to, not as severe but still happened nonetheless. You shouldn’t have to worry about frigging chemical burns while applying deodorant!!! I’ve been using a different line of the old spice brand deodorant and have had no problems. DO NOT USE OLD SPICE HIGH ENDURANCE LINE!!!! The photo attached is of the actual scarring that took place! Photo was taken a month after the burns healed!!!

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

I have been using Old Spice for many many years, the last one I used was Pure Sport High Endurance. I put on a clean shirt and before I left the house my wife said, “What's on your shirt?”. The shirt was wet from the deodorant, I changed and hung the old shirt up to dry. The next day it was still wet. My wife washed both the first and second shirt. Both of them were bleached out under the arms. Time to change deodorants!!!

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

I typically don't use Old Spice but I ran out of my usual stuff and had one laying around the house. After applying it just once it has left me with a severe chemical burn and has worsened over the course of just a week. I thought it was just me but after going online I noticed this was an old spice issue. I highly recommend against getting this deodorant.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

I've been using Old Spice body wash and deodorant for a long time and never had any problems. I recently switched to Old Spice High Endurance because that's what my wife bought. After a few days I developed this terrible rash. I started itching, it was burning and extremely uncomfortable. I stopped using it and saw that were lawsuits, complaints and it seems as if nothing had been done. People like myself are getting these burns and rashes and Old Spice doesn't seem to want to look into their horribly manufactured product. I hope something gets done because I'm sure it's embarrassing for men and myself to have this rash/burn on our underarms.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

I’ve been using Old Spice deodorant and body wash for 7 years. I recently bought some Old Spice deodorant that I’ve been using but now I’ve gotten big rash and bumps under my arms that itches all day and hurt!

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

My boyfriend brought home Old Spice, so I started using it, once a day for a week. On the 5th day I noticed a rash, but it wasn't painful or itchy so I just brushed it off. The next morning I woke up to a larger rash under both arms, and it was mildly uncomfortable so I decided to stop using anything under my arms. I thought this would solve the problem, but the next morning (day 7), I woke up with a severe, burning sensation under both arms, and I looked in the mirror and was shocked! I had a severe chemical burn under my right arm, and a minor one under my left. Now, a week later, I am still in severe pain under my right arm. I am applying vitamin A & D cream daily, and it has started to scab. I have a doctor's appointment later this week. I haven't been able to use deodorant or shave for a WEEK. I'm so frustrated and tired of feeling uncomfortable!

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

Used Old Spice pure sport deodorant for 2 day. Work up with 2 rashes in each armpit. My left armpit had a small amount of pus coming from the burn itself. It literally feels like a bad burn. I have never had an issue with any kind of deodorant! This is unreal how quickly this caused such an extreme rash. I will be contacting company.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

A couple of weeks ago I started using Old Spice "Fiji" deodorant and it has caused a burn/rash that's quite painful. This past weekend I went without deodorant to let the areas heal and as soon as I put Fiji back on this morning it instantly started burning and I had to wash it off fast. I put on a different deodorant which has been fine. Hopefully the burns/rashes will go away before I head on vacation this week.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

Over a year ago, stopped using Old Spice after a rash broke out. I have been to doctors 2 times who prescribed antibiotics and cream with no results. And now again, this is going on. Red rash, itchy, inflammation. No relief.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

My sister was using Old Spice deodorant for a couple of weeks, when she noticed a burning/itching sensation in her armpits. It got so bad I had to take her to the ER, they had no idea what it was. The ER referred her to a dermatologist who can't see her til November. She now cries every day because of the burning and pain she's in, if there's anyone that is willing to help please contact me asap.

Original review: July 8, 2017

I started using Old Spice Wolfthorn deodorant because I liked how it smelled. After a short time couple of days, I broke out into a terrible rash/chemical burn on my underarms. It was extremely painful and unbearable. I sought medical help from dermatologist and was prescribed some cream to apply to my armpits twice a day for a week then once a day for another week. It finally calmed down and was no longer burning but it left scars under my arm where it had been burned. I will not recommend anybody to use this deodorant as it is dangerous and damaging to those who try to use it. The first pictures shown below are what my underarms look like now. As you can see, there is scarring left. The next two photos show my underarms when I contacted the dermatologist.

Original review: July 5, 2017

I put on Old Spice High Endurance pure sport deodorant and immediately my armpits started burning. I waited several minutes to see if it would stop but unfortunately it only got worse. After attempting to wash it all off, I was left with a ring like burn.

Original review: July 3, 2017

I came across the consumer reviews for the Old Spice and decided to post my own. In 2014 I tried once, and only once to use Old Spice High Endurance Sport formula they manufacture. I received nasty burns from use. I used it for 2 weeks. I noticed something didn't feel right about a week and a half before I decided to stop using it. I thought I was going crazy for a few days before I stopped using it because my underarms were very uncomfortable and almost burning. I never had that experience while using a deodorant.

When I finally decided to actually look at my underarms instead of blindly continuing to use the product I noticed red burns and raw spots where my skin was beginning to peel from my underarms. I had to stop using deodorant for about two weeks until my underarms returned to normal. The timing could not have been any worse due to the fact that I was training for an upcoming deployment. Now I know after reading complaints that I'm not the only one. I wish I would have taken pics. I thought it was just me.

Original review: July 2, 2017

My husband loved to use Old Spice and had been using it (most of the time) for over a year. I had bought a new bottle for him. Within 48 hours he had 2 small blisters. Honestly, we did not associate it with the deodorant at the time. But he did switch back to a bottle I had already had but was not empty. Needless to say that after about a week it was all better. But we did not take pictures since we were not sure what caused it. We thought maybe that could be it but was not sure. We did not take pictures I am sorry to say. But since this appears to be a problem now we know. Thanks for letting us vent our aggravation. This product needs to be removed from the shelves.

Original review: June 27, 2017

I'm a lifelong customer of Old Spice. Last week I purchased three of the new Krakengard sticks in blue (having already went through the white stick variant with no issues). I applied it normally and broke into a painful rash that hasn't shown any signs of going away for a week now! It hurts to even wear a shirt and this picture is after having applied cortisone cream to my armpit twice a day for a week.

I called the corporate support number and a specialist took my notes as if they are continuously used to this procedure, then argued with me on a solution, refusing to refund all three of the deodorants I had purchased-- they could only cover the cost of ONE because that was "all I had opened." With no receipt to return them, they all went in the garbage. It's like Old Spice cares more about an extra $10 in their giant corporate pocket than over a week of pain that I've had to endure. I'm sorry Old Spice, but with this issue, the way you've handled it, and the fact that you've continued to downsize your product leaves me no choice: You've lost me as a customer. NO LOOKING BACK!

Original review: May 28, 2017

My husband have been using Old Spice for years. Never had a problem since. Recently started getting severe rashes under his armpits. Just awful. Never seen anything like it. This deodorant should be taken off the market. He uses the Old Spice Classic Original scent.

Old Spice Company Information