1.00/5

433 Old Spice Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 22, 2019

My son used Old Spice deodorant a few weeks ago. He came to me complaining that his armpits felt like they were burning. I took a look and sure enough he had a red rash around his armpits. I made him shower thinking it was from working out. The next morning he applied deodorant again and the same reaction happened again within mins. Showered and threw that stuff away!

Original review: June 19, 2019

I've been using Old Spice for years! And only that brand. Never switched with other brands here and there or anything! Just Old Spice 'cuz I loved the smell. I got some Aqua Reef deodorant and showered before bed and put some on. I woke up to a horrible burning feeling under my arms the next morning! I went in the bathroom to look in the mirror and my underarms were bright red and inflamed with the worst burning sensation EVER! Hard to move my arms up or down. Felt like they were on FIRE! HORRIBLE!! We need to come together as ONE and get this crap off store shelves!

Get expert buying tips about Personal Care Products delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 17, 2019

I don't have sensitive skin by any means, so when I noticed a burning rash on BOTH of my underarms, I was quick to find out what it was. I changed razors, detergent, lotions...it came down to the deodorant. A brand that I have trusted and used for years because everyone knows men's deodorant is way better and more protectant than women's. My husband sent me a link today with an article on people experiences the same thing I was. I stumbled upon this page and I'm making a review to say YOU SUCK OLD SPICE.

Original review: June 2, 2019

I have used Old Spice Fresh High-Endurance deodorant and now have horrible red burning chemical burns on each of my armpits and the surrounding area around my armpits. My skin is actually starting to peel and the burning and pain is actually pretty intense! Stay away from this product! I have always used Old Spice deodorant and never had any problems like this before.

Original review: May 29, 2019

I used Old Spice Timber deodorant. I woke up the next day with a horrible burning sensation. I haven't been putting anything on other than antibiotics for three days and it's just getting worse. I can't move my arm up or down without my armpit feeling like it's tearing. I had to ice it half the day. Stay away from old spice deodorants.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Old Spice?

Original review: April 16, 2019

I can’t wear anything because of my severe burning from using Old Spice deodorant. Do not use the Pure Sport or you will have a rash then you will have some nasty black armpits! I tried to complain many times.

Original review: April 11, 2019

I used my boyfriend's Old Spice Fiji blue gel deodorant four days ago. My armpits felt like they were on fire and it’s only gotten worse. They turned bright red and now are turning a disgusting shade of purple. I have been to two different doctors to try to treat it and it keeps getting worse. I can move my arms and can’t even pull up my pants or put real clothes on. Every time I move it feels like my skin is tearing and like a cut that is being ripped open. I can’t look at my armpits without almost throwing up. It is the worse pain I’ve ever been in. I’ve had road rash covering half of my leg ankle to thigh and that pain doesn’t even come close to this. If you are going to try their products do a SMALL patch test first so you don’t end up like me. Be careful with all new deodorants you try. This isn’t the only brand that can cause these burns.

Original review: March 28, 2019

I purchased the original Old Spice along with others. The soft powder and gel are completely fine. However when I use their product that is the solid blue gel doesn’t matter which fragrance. It will leave a horrendous burn. A few years ago I used the bear glove scent and my burn was so bad after just a few applications that I missed a week of work cause I could even lift my arms. I was continuously draining pus from the burn that became infected. I just used a different fragrance thinking it would be alright since it was the original fragrance. Boy was I wrong. I work for the post office and I can hardly lift packages with the burns. A deodorant shouldn’t have such a negative impact on someone’s life like this. STAY AWAY! From this product. I wish I could submit a photo of my armpits now.

Original review: March 23, 2019

I've been using Old Spice for 20 years. Tried a new gel kind and my armpits are on fire and red chemical burns around my armpits! Crazy! I will never buy Old Spice again! After reading other reviews it seems I'm not the only one! Shame on you Old Spice!

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

This product burned my pits! What the heck is in this deodorant? I've used this one for a couple weeks now and thought it was weird that it felt like it was burning and sure enough... it is! I liked the smell but didn't like the burning!

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

31wm. I've used Old Spice Swagger the solid...for years. But around the holidays it burned me. At first I thought I was crazy so I tossed it out and got the gel...way way worse. Now I have burns in both of my pits, good times! I'm done with Old Spice, seems like everything is trying to kill us these days...crazy world.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

I've recently started using the Old Spice Captain clear stick, and have developed a rash/burn of sorts. I've used Old Spice gel deodorants in the past but it seems that the clear stick is different and I have decided to stop using it.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

My Son and I ended up getting a Big Rash for weeks by using Old Spice Fresh and it's something that really gets me mad because this is time and money that customers spend to give Old Spice Business and too many people are suffering from Rashes. I Have pictures to prove them and would like to Sue the Company but since the Company is already in a Lawsuit, who knows if I can do anything about it.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

For the last 8 or 9 years I've use Old Spice gel deodorant. Well about maybe less than a year I've had to change from gel to the white deodorant because I've had many times where I used the gel deodorant and wake up with my armpits burning and stained and some skin falling. It hurts and doesn't make me satisfied with the products.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

I got terrible chemical burns from using Old Spice Gel Deodorant! I have taken care of it, yet after a week it still hurts so bad to move my arm, and changing clothes and showering is the most painful thing! DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT!

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

My boyfriend has deodorants laying around & every once in awhile, I’ll use one. I’ve got this weird rash looking thing a couple times but never knew why. Monday morning after the shower, I used his Old Spice and almost instantly my armpit started burning. Throughout the day it got worse and this was it the next morning. VERY PAINFUL - not itchy or anything, just burns. It’s been 4 days now and it is still completely there and stingy constantly.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

Old Spice Pure Sports Plus and Pure Sports deodorant have gave me a rash in my armpit. I have since stopped using Old Spice and no longer have the rash. I now use Degree Advanced Protection. I would suggest not to use Old Spice.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

I’ve been using the brand for years. I recently got new sets for Christmas and it has caused a breakout and burning sensation to my armpits. Causing a lot of pain and discomfort to my underarm. Very upsetting.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

I have used Old Spice Pure Sport gel deodorant as well shower wash in the past few months. The deodorant destroyed my underarms, the shower wash no problem. I stop both. Used the deodorant - within an hour my underarms were so inflamed it was unreal. Since that happen I still use the wash but switched to a different brand of deodorant (**). No more issues. At the time I felt it was me but seeing the other post - well you be the judge.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2019

I have been a long time user of Old Spice Pure Sport High Endurance deodorant and I too have experienced the itching rashes that hurt to even put my arms down. I just thought it was me because I never had an issue until after I had surgery on my foot for a calcaneus fracture about spring of 2009. I just thought my body chemistry changed somehow but after reading all the reviews I've seen I'm convinced that they somehow changed the ingredients and my body doesn't like it. I have used other brands with no issues but keep coming back to old spice only to get those nasty burns. I really like the smell but not the burning rashes. Seems fine in cooler months but really burns me in warm months.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

I used Old Spice Swagger deodorant for a really long time. I liked the smell of it and it lasted a long time. Until I started getting rashes under my armpits that felt like my armpits was on fire. I couldn't hardly put my arms down because it hurt so bad. And I started feeling knots under my armpits that started bothering me also. It was the worst pain I felt in a long time.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

After using Old Spice for some time my armpits started to itch really bad and they kept burning to the point where they would start to bleed. After I had stopped using this deodorant and went to Dove the itching stopped. I started to use Old Spice again and it just started over.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

I have constantly used Old Spice swagger deodorant for a couple months until I had a bad feeling under my armpit. It started off as a burning sensation so I stopped using it for a while 'til the feeling went away. Then it got worse. I had a knot to come under my armpit to the point where it had to be busted open. I still have the scars under my armpit from this deodorant.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

I have tried each of the following Old Spice products and mainly the BearGlove, LionPride burned making my underarms raw to the point of having to leave work so I go home and wash it off and thinking it was only me all this time. But after visiting with others the subject came up about Old Spice Deodorant to hear others reporting the same issues in which I had no idea. Searched the internet to discover others had the same exact symptoms. Switched over to FIJI and it just stopped working halfway through the day and then switched over to Pure Sport to see that it also stops working. I only kept the BearGlove & LionPride as a reminder of what NOT to purchase nor use anymore. I can't believe Old Spice would do this to people instead of being more concerned of their profit margin. After finding this I will no longer use Old Spice or Proctor & Gamble deodorant products.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2018

I’ve been using Old Spice for years and this last experience I developed the worst chemical burns under my arms that lasted for weeks and still have scars to prove it (pictured below). Couldn’t raise my arms for weeks without extreme pain.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2018

My boyfriend and I both started using the Pure sport deodorant during the summer. We got two of them and each had our own. Within a few days I noticed my armpits were red and felt very raw. It took my boyfriend a few more weeks than mine did but the same thing started happening to him. We got a different brand and used it and it cleared up completely. This past week I ran out and had no choice but to use the Pure Sport again and within HOURS my arms were very red and sore and I could barely lift my arms up without being in excruciating pain. It just stings and burns! This should not be sold and I’m obviously not the only person having an issue with this!

Original review: Dec. 24, 2018

My husband was using regular Old Spice deodorant and ran out. I accidentally bought the gel Old Spice and within a week he started complaining his underarms were starting to burn. When I checked under his arms he had horrible rashes and burns!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

Was using Old Spice regular deodorant without any issues. Ran out and purchased the pure sport plus antiperspirant (by accident), and now my armpits are burning with dark red marks all over, almost looks like shingles! Really burns in shower and when trying to put on regular deodorant in the mornings. Now I recall having this same exact same issue in the past when using a certain Old Spice deodorant. These types of deodorants should not be allowed to be sold!!! Horrible experience.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2018

Earlier this year my boyfriend started using a different kind of Old Spice. It was the presses powder one. It didn’t have a huge smell. It seemed harmless... He was wrong. The chemical burns were so severe he could not even lift his arm or wear anything with sleeves for almost two weeks!!! We treated with Aloe Vera and calamine lotion. Typical remedies.

Here we are now towards the end of the year and he has since switched to gel product. I have started to use Old Spice myself as I do not find the girl products to be as deodorizing and last as long as the female products in the same department. I’m highly upset because now I am having a chemical burn under both arms... I’ve tried to reach out to Old Spice numerous times... only to be put on a long hold of which I don’t feel as a consumer with an issue such as mine should have to wait. Can we at least, as consumers, get answers as to why your product is burning our skin Old Spice??? You were put under fire of a lawsuit in 2016 for the same thing!!! Either pull your product off of shelves or start compensating your consumers for their pain and suffering!!!

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

I bought Old Spice deodorant earlier in the year and after using it for a couple of days I developed an underarm rash. It itched and burned to the extent that I couldn't sleep at night. Fast forward to Sep 2018: I ran out of the deodorant I had been using and picked up the Old Spice again. After just one application the rash came back again. I've tried several ointments, but still have the rash. This is a dangerous product that should not be sold to the public. Is there a class action suit? I would like to join it.

Old Spice Company Information