Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.12/5

Old Spice Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Old Spice?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Old Spice?

Original review: Aug. 26, 2020

OK bear with me as this is the first review I have ever written on a product but my experience was so awful the word needs to get out so this may help others from experiencing this discomfort. I was even going to go as far as calling up my ex-wife to see if she can kiss it better but I don’t know if there’s a pain bad enough for that ever to happen,... but almost! All jokes aside, OUCH!! I have used Old Spice on and off for quite some time but not lately as my ex-wife really like the smell and made me wear it so just the name of the brand makes me cringe. At all no offense to old spice for that, but now I’m very pissed off what I went through in this is old bass his fault.

My dad died a couple months ago and as I was cleaning out his place a lot of things, well all his things became mine And I inherited this lovely stick of deodorant. Went to use it for the first time the other day. I was quite relaxed as I took a nice long bath to beat the heat. As I was all happy and pickled I put on this deodorant and within about an hour give or take I started feeling discomfort and this discomfort quickly turned in to a Pain that I describe as I would not wish this upon my worst enemy pain. I am a recovering ** addict and the only time in my life ever used the term “I would not wish this upon my worst enemy” was being a ** addict going through withdraws and now I use it again.

The pain almost reminded me of one time I got sprayed with bear mace and I went to the hospital for that and they stuck me in the ice cold shower outside in the middle of winter treating it like pepper spray Or mace which would be resolved in 10-15 minutes And everything will be OK but that did not happen. This ice cold shower felt like it was the hottest thing in the world and it made everything that burn on my face well,.... move downward (I think you get the picture) And I didn’t even start to feel relief from that incident For 8 hours. And the reason I going to that story is as I did research afterwards I find out it’s a chemical burn and so is this.

I don’t think old spice can get a attempted murder charge as the guy who sprayed me with Bear spray could’ve. Don’t get me wrong I would love my pockets to be lined up for the situation I went through but that has never been my style. But if there’s any lawyers out there I’m all ears. I’m rambling I just want people to read this and get a laugh out Out of my situation but most important to keep them interested in reading this review because I could’ve said at the beginning “this stuff burns don’t use” But who’s gonna take it seriously. Then you could only take things serious when you’re laughing because you can’t be in a bad mood and laugh. Google it!

I don’t know if old spice put bear spray in their deodorant or my dad is just punishing me from the other side for what I have no idea but that’s in this paper trail off let downs and lies he has put me through my whole life. OK if some of the stuff doesn’t make sense I use voice to text and I will be damned if I’m gonna read this again because I will fix it and redo it and it will be nothing like this one and you would never known the difference so who cares if it sounds like I’m crazy. Please improve and know that I am serious as hell when I’m saying this stuff hurts for hours and hours and water and soap don’t help because it’s not an irritant. It’s a chemical burn.

Buyer beware and stick to the good old Axe. OK I don’t know how to end this so bye and remember that you are amazing and live every day like it’s your last and love like it’s your last. Treat your woman like a lady and treat your lady like you would want another man to treat your daughter. Yeah I was mama raised. OK bye.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2020

I experienced severe itching and redness after using Old Spice deodorant. I stopped using it but the the redness is not going away. Will go to a doctor to find a solution. I wish we could attach photos here.

Get buying tips about Personal Care Products delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2020

After years of using my armpits were both burned from the product causing a lot of pain and discomfort! Thought it was a small rash from sweat but it just got worse and worse to the point I thought I might need to see a doctor until I saw other pics of the same injury online! Phil. 8/12/2020.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2020

I HAVE USED THIS DEODORANT MANY OF TIMES AND NEVER HAD ANY PROBLEMS UNTIL March 2020. I opened a new Old Spice high endurance pure sport, used it twice and broke out in my armpit. Looked burned and had blisters. The pain was awful. Called my doctor after trying cortisone cream and diaper rash cream, no relief at all. My wife had me put cold packs on area, no relief. The doctor put me on oral antibiotics and skin-calming cream on a Saturday and still no relief by that. Tuesday called back and the doctor had me talk with dermatologists and gave me a steroid cream to apply, got some relief after 2 days, had to apply for 3 weeks and area is still red to this day. The pain was so severe for the first 7 days.

Original review: June 26, 2020

Firstly, I am a woman. I typically use Dove deodorant. I ran out of my deodorant in the middle of the week and didn’t want to go to the store until the weekend. My boyfriend has several deodorants so I just picked one to use. I used Old Spice Pure Sport High Endurance deodorant for TWO DAYS and got vicious CHEMICAL BURNS. When I showed my boyfriend the burns he said, “I don’t even use that deodorant anymore because it feels like I have rug burn under my arms when I do.” Needless to say, this awful deodorant was thrown in the trash, but I am in a lot of pain. I can’t move my arms without my underarms burning. Nothing helps the pain either, not gold bond powder or ** lotion, not **, not ** cream, and not ** cream. It is agony. I have an appointment with the doctor soon to see if they have anything that will give me some relief. I would give zero stars if I could!

Original review: May 24, 2020

Do not use! 15 year old son used Old Spice Wilderness deodorant one time and received chemical burns under both arms. Had to go to emergency to treat severe blistering. Terrible product. They need to take this product off the market.

Original review: May 14, 2020

If I could give this product zero stars I would. I have really dry skin. I would shower and then apply the body wash. I was itchy I gave this product to my brother Michael. I started to use it during allergy season. I mean other body washes use chemicals like Sterile alcohol and rubbing alcohol. This product is horrible for anyone with spring and summer allergies. I strongly tell anyone never to buy Old Spice again.

Original review: April 12, 2020

I used Old Spice Pure Sport before bed and woke up the next morning with a burn under my armpits and had to wash them then put aloe. Never using Old Spice AGAIN! Stay away from this product please. As I’m writing this it’s been 5 hours since I put it on, I could not sleep for some reason and finally my armpit burn got me out of bed. Now I just hope the aloe will help relieve the burning feeling, if not then I’m going to have to see a dermatologist. :(

Original review: March 6, 2020

I used the Old Spice Pure Sport Gel deodorant one day over a week ago and I am still recovering from painful, peeling, burning, and bleeding rashes underneath my arms in the crease of my armpits. It’s extremely uncomfortable and is affecting my ability to move my arms. I am seeing a dermatologist in a few days to hopefully resolve this issue. I am a woman who used this product, even though it is originally intended for male bodies, because I did not have access to my usual deodorant. My fiancé was a regular Old Spice consumer (he usually uses Old Spice Extra Strength), but after my experience, he will no longer be using any Old Spice products. I strongly recommend that you do not use the Pure Sport Gel and that you seriously reconsider use of any Old Spice products.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2020

Never used body wash before but last week I purchased Old Spice Timber with Sandalwood. After using for 3-4 days, I developed a burning rash on my chest and neck. I stopped using it but the burning continues after another several days. Most post I have read are about a similar problem for people using the deodorant but there must be a common chemical in both deodorants and body wash products causing the issue.

Old Spice Company Information