1.10/5
Based on 502 reviews that contain star ratings

1147 TigerDirect Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 17, 2018

I will keep this short. I ordered a refurbished Computer. It took 4 weeks to receive the computer after several phone calls leading up. They said they were out of stock (even though they accepted my money prior to notifying me). Received the computer and have had nothing but problems. Unclear of what has caused the problems, but multiple computer repair tech have said something to do with the computer itself. Called customer service and nobody answers the phone or returns messages.

Original review: July 6, 2018

I ordered a Dell laptop on the 4th of July and my credit card was charged for it. Then on the evening of July 5th, it was charged AGAIN for the exact same thing! I tried calling them but they were, of course, already closed. I called customer service on July 6 and was told that the first charge for the full amount was a "hold" charge and that my credit card was charged AGAIN on July 5 when the product was shipped to me. I told the rep that put my credit card over the limit and that I could no longer use my card to even buy gas or groceries. She said it would take 24 to 48 hours to reverse charges and that there was no way she could change that. I told her that this is the first and last time I will be a TigerDirect customer. I e-mailed them but they have yet to respond.

TigerDirect used to be a good company 22 years ago, but I hear they've been bought out. They're ghastly awful now. I've seen reviews from the last 12 months and it is just terrible. I didn't think to check before I purchased a couple of days ago because my experience with them from 22 or so years ago had been good. Now, it is unfortunate. Let the buyer beware. TigerDirect is not what it used to be. It will eat your money. You have been warned. Caveat emptor!

Get expert buying tips about Deal Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 31, 2018

They have a substantial markup on their products compared to everywhere I looked (after a purchase I made). I purchased a processor from them and when I got it I realized that I would not be able to use it on my pc. When I called about a return I was blown away. 15% "restock" fee right off the top then you have to pay for shipping (I understand the shipping). So after doing the math I would have to end up paying almost $50 to return an item I purchased by mistake. WOW! This was the 1st and last experience with them.

Original review: March 30, 2018

I purchased an ASUS ROG laptop for $1600 plus the extended warranty thru SquareTrade. A total loss. The computer was a lemon and had to go to ASUS immediately. It has never been right. It has since been to SquareTrade and comes back appearing untouched - dirty and not repaired. They send it out to a third party - know this. My purchase has been a complete loss and now TigerDirect has been bought out and doesn't support my purchase and because of the waste of the extended warranty the time has run out for me to get anything done about it. Instead of a quality purchase that should have lasted, I am out $1600 plus the extended warranty and stuck with a lemon and need a new computer and it has been like this since I got it.

Once you purchase this, there is no support if there is a problem with your purchase. The SquareTrade is a waste of money and TigerDirect doesn't take care of you and ASUS doesn't take care of you. All three of these are companies that you want to avoid - if anything goes wrong you have nowhere to turn and no support. I am very disappointed with ASUS. They do not care if a customer invests in their product and ends up with a lemon. I strongly suggest to not purchase from any of these because if you have a problem, none of them will resolve it.

Original review: March 17, 2018

Hello everyone. Stay away from tigerdirect.com. I ordered 1 refurbished laptop from TigerDirect. It was look like big screen on their website. I got with small screen laptop. Anyway my second order was Lenovo i7 gaming laptop. I ordered it on Wednesday and I paid more than 43$ for 2 days. Faster delivery. Total price was 916$. They didn't bring my package on Friday. I called them more than 20 times. Someone said, "We sent it to you at 1 p.m" but anybody didn't bring it. Anyway I called them again. They said, "We will send it until 10.30 p.m" and I never get my package. I called FedEx because someone told me from TigerDirect like we working with FedEx and I called FedEx but FedEx's customer service worker told me there is no any information about my package. Anyway no more order from tigerdirect.com. Stupid liar TigerDirect.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TigerDirect?

Original review: Feb. 23, 2018

On Dec 12, 2017, I ordered a $900 TV for overnight delivery. I gave TigerDirect 2-3 days to deliver, even though I had paid for overnight. I then started calling to see where the TV was. TigerDirect couldn't answer my question and had me call their shipper. I called their shipper multiple times, and the shipper told me they didn't know where the shipment was. Ultimately, the shipper told me the shipment was lost. They told me to call TigerDirect and tell them to ship another TV. Instead, I called TigerDirect and told them to just cancel the order and issue a refund. Several weeks later, in the last few days of December, the shipper called and asked if they could arrange delivery. This is after they told me the shipment was lost. I told them not to deliver, as TigerDirect was issuing a refund and that the product had been ordered for overnight delivery.

Weeks later TigerDirect had still not issued a refund. So, I called them again and they said they would issue a refund. That's didn't work either; no refund came. So, today on February 12, 2018, a full three months after I placed my overnight order, I called TigerDirect again. I told them they needed to issue the refund. They said that their shipping system says that I declined delivery. Yes, I declined delivery of an order I placed for overnight delivery when they called to ask if they could deliver the product three weeks late.

So, now TigerDirect says they will process the credit, but they have to check and see if the product was delivered or not. Of course that makes no sense, as they confirmed that their system shows no delivery has happened. So, I have no hope of TigerDirect refunding, so I called my credit card company today and challenged the charges. I will not be ordering from TigerDirect again. As a final kicker, in this whole process TigerDirect told me that they don't ship TVs for overnight delivery. But, that's not what their website says. Their website advertised overnight delivery and accepted a $190 payment for overnight delivery, even though I was later told they don't deliver TVs overnight. Their website should not say that a product can be shipped overnight, if they have no means for making that happen. So, purchaser beware.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

Our company went to the Tiger Direct website to purchase a processor for a computer. When we received the shipment we received (2) fire pits - yes Fire Pits - instead of what we thought we were purchasing. When we contacted them, first, I tried 6 times to get to a customer support person - pressing the number 2 sent me into oblivion and I would have to call back. So finally I pushed 1 for sales and spoke to a representative. After over 1 hour, we were told that the description on the website did not match the product in the warehouse, and the part number on the website was in fact a fire pit. So in essence that is what we ordered. WOW! can I just say...

They did not have the part advertised on the website. They would request a return. I would have to drop off the incorrect parts to a UPS office and they would issue a credit in 10 business days. I fail to understand how they can keep my money when this was completely the fault of Tiger Direct. I will have to find the product and purchase it from another place and incur the expense again.

I asked to speak to a supervisor, I was told that all the supervisors were in a meeting it would be the next day before I could speak to someone. So the next day I called and asked to speak to a supervisor right away, I was placed on hold for literally 36 min before finally hanging up to continue my day. This was a complete waste of time. I will not do business with them again and would caution anyone from ordering from their website. It is unreliable and they have no sense of customer service to correct an error on their part. I should have looked for reviews prior to making a purchase, which is why I am writing a review.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

I rarely write anything good or bad about a company but beware about ordering from this company. If I could give them a zero I would. The computer I bought did not turn on and when it did the drive was very old technology. Their customer service is terrible - to return a product, first I talked to customer service who said the only way to return merchandise was to first speak with technical assistance, who would document technical help and then they would generate a return merchandise receipt. The individuals on the other end could not be understood either due to low voices or mumbling. The entire process took well over 40 minutes. I will never buy anything from this company again.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

I don't hardly ever bother to take the time to write reviews but this company is horrible and people should be warned. They put up an item daily as the Daily Deal Slasher. It might be a wonderful discount which lures you in to order. Minutes later, Tiger will cancel it stating the item is discontinued. I asked why they list discontinued items for sale, but they have no answer. They take your credit card info and then zap, the order is gone and has been cancelled with no explanation or apologies. It's just an discontinued item. How a company like this still stays in business is beyond me but they are quickly becoming well known for their awful business practices... NOT a reputable company like they were before the new owners took over a year or so ago. Highly recommend you don't shop at TigerDirect.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

I ordered three laptops. I received an email after a week telling me they were back ordered. When I called they gave me the run around. Most likely I will not be buying from them again. If there was a star below 1 I would give it to them.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

I placed an order for a laptop from the website and their money was debited from my account. Although they had already taken the money out of my account they requested I call in and verify my information, which I did. I was told the order would be released. The next day I checked my order status and the order was gone. I had not received any communication about issues with the order so I called to check. I was told the order has been cancelled. No reason has ever been given for this. Three days later and I still have not been refunded. I will no longer do business with this company after 11 years.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

Purchase Graphic Cards - Wow, Don't buy from this company. I have over 2 Thousand Dollars tied up in my bank account right now waiting on an order that was I told would be filled in a week. Now that the prices have gone through the roof on the graphics cards, I don't think they will fill my order until the prices come down. They are very vague on my orders and I am nervous. I am going to keep everyone posted on how this all turns out.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

Tiger Direct used to be a great company in the 90s and early 00s. *Used* to be. Ordered a dot matrix printer for our business to replace the one I ordered from them years ago that finally went out. The machine we got had two other shipping labels on the manufacturer packaging -- big red flag. When it didn't print right, I had to call at least six times (after holding and being disconnected), go through three different people (in different countries) and re-explain myself from scratch to each every time, and it became clear they were trying to wear me down so they wouldn't have to deal with it.

Refused to send me a postage paid return slip, so I was out another $37 for that. Followed all of their instructions for returning it, took them 10 more days to credit me than the "7 to 10 business days" they said once they received it, and *still* charged me a 15% "re-stocking fee," because their "notes" say I supposedly told them there wasn't anything wrong with it! So I have no printer and I'm out $74 total, they've kept money from at least two people who returned the same piece of crap, and will probably sell it again to others until one of them might just keep it rather than deal with what I did and let them pocket everything for selling junk.

I can't imagine any business selling substandard product and providing such insulting customer "service" still being in business. I guess they're coasting on their former reputation and burning legacy customers like me, but I will never buy from them again and hope they go out of business as quickly as possible so no one else has to deal with these scammers.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2017

Ordered a computer. Paid extra for 2-day delivery, was promised it would be there. It was her big Christmas gift, now I find out it's on backorder for 2 weeks. Called them FOUR TIMES asking to speak to a supervisor, was put on HOLD. NO ONE EVER GOT ON THE PHONE. Would NEVER deal with this company again. Can't believe this company is in business.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

Ordered a gaming PC from TigerDirect on 12/10/2017. The website said the product was in stock and shipped within 1 - 2 business days. Didn't receive a shipping confirmation so I checked the website on 12/15/2017 and the order status was "processing". After still receiving no communication from TigerDirect I checked the order status on 12/20/2017 and the status had been changed to "price quote".

Called TigerDirect and after sitting on hold for approximately 5-10 minutes a support rep informed me that they don't have the product advertised. I checked the product again on the website and NOW it says out of stock. The support rep informed me that the "price quote" order status meant that I would have to reorder the item to be placed on the backorder list. No communication was sent to inform me my order had effectively been cancelled nor did they offer to make it right after I called them.

Five days before Christmas and my son's PC order has been cancelled with no communication from TigerDirect. On the bright side I found a comparable system on Amazon and they will still have it here by Friday 12/22 in time for Christmas! Thanks Amazon for bailing me out of the huge mistake of trusting TigerDirect. TigerDirect has lost this customer forever. Oh, and I'll be telling everyone I know what an awful experience I had with TigerDirect. Steer clear!

Original review: Dec. 16, 2017

I noticed two large fraudulent charges on my credit card from TigerDirect. I called and couldn't get a live person either. Went to a voice mail. I have never heard of this company and have no idea how it got on my credit card??? Does anyone know if this company is even legitimate? I read some of the reviews and it sounds fishy.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

Steer clear of this company!! My teenage daughter ordered a refurbished laptop for college - she spent five hundred dollars on what we assumed would be a quality piece of equipment. It had issues from the start. Upon contacting TigerDirect, they said if she sent it back they would refund her money. She sent it back as directed - and they contacted her and said “As your RMA has expired so we no longer can refund.” So at this point, TigerDirect has taken our money, AND we have no laptop... How is that ok?? Absolute criminals!! I have contacted them several times via email and have received no response. DO NOT GIVE THIS COMPANY YOUR MONEY!!!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

I bought a router from TigerDirect. It came DOA. I called and told them, and they started an RMA. They sent me another dead router. When I called them to tell them the replacement router was dead on arrival, they tried to play it off by telling me "we already shipped the replacement". They are a bad company... Please don't buy from them.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

So I ordered two computer monitors as well as the CPU which all were supposed to be shipped together. They do not come together. They came separately. They came week almost a week apart the two items from the one item and when I got my monitors there was no charger. I called the company. They weren’t willing to help at all. I told him I wanted to buy another monitor and I asked if they would price match another website that I found the monitor on. I said no. I said, "Can you help with the shipping?" They said no. I said, "What are you guys going to do to compensate for all the time I spend when you messed up my order and I still don’t have a charger for my monitor that I have to purchase on my own?" They said, "We can’t help you!" Do not buy from TigerDirect. Do not buy from these people. They’ll sell you a refurbished pieces of equipment and then when you try to get help they shun you.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2017

I purchased a refurbished computer from Tiger Direct online. The item arrived in a reasonable amount of time but did not show as an order on my account. The item was damaged. I requested a return, sent pic’s, and waited for UPS. They didn’t show. Made 4 more calls and a week later, still nothing. Spoke with Christiansen at ** initially and the latest Karen ** at **. She wanted me to return the item at my cost, wait for it to arrive at their warehouse, and then wait for a replacement. I spent 2 days waiting on UPS and several hours on phone explaining this issue multiple times only to be placed on hold and disconnected. I would rate this experience as an example of what never to do to customers. This company Tiger Direct, PCM, and MacMall should not be used!!! Buyer beware!!! Your odds of receiving a proper item in good condition are better spent at the roulette table in Las Vegas!!!

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

Being honest with this ripoff company is not the way to be... Purchase a rebuild computer all sounded well but it did not have a CD ROM writer. Only a reader that was not stated clearly... Called back and was told a refund would be given back but that they had a restocking fee... 26?? I agree to that but when I got the refund back on my credit card they did not refund any of the tax money and took 40.50 off the refund. This clearly was not told and they lied about it also... Since when does a company get to keep tax money on a product that is returned... I feel like I was scammed by this company.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

I purchased a computer from TigerDirect, when I plugged it in it made a clicking sound that sounded like the hard drive. Since the reason I bought it was because my hard drive failed on my computer. I immediately called TigerDirect and requested a return authorization. It was not sent so I called again. I returned the computer and when I checked with the credit card company I found out they had not refunded the total purchase price. I will never deal with this company again.

Original review: July 6, 2017

Yesterday (WEDNESDAY) 7/5/17 at 10:30 AM I placed the order (Mustang electric 100 in 43 matte white 4 part# 15053700), later at 8:30 PM, I called the customer service to know my order status and get the tracking number; a person told me that my order was at the warehouse and the warehouse was already closed at that time.Today I already spoke with THREE-customer service representatives and told them my entire story and requested to speak to a supervisor and waited several minutes, none of the THREE-customer service representative were able to reach a supervisor for me. Later I received a phone call by another person, Jey, she kindly said that she will update me with the tracking number when it is available.

It has called my attention that I paid for FedEx Economy 2nd Day delivery. I need the item for FRIDAY and I would really like to know what happened? Later today Jey called me and told me they could not ship the item by 2nd day delivery because it is too large. Once again I requested to speak with a supervisor and they gave me an excuse one more time. This is the worst webpage ever, the customer service is horrible, you will never ever be able to speak with a supervisor. Now I understand the reason why they closed all stores and are only available online. If you do not want to be extremely disappointed and mad, do not buy on this web site. I requested a to cancel the order and a refund. Still waiting.

Original review: June 12, 2017

TigerDirect is a disaster! We purchased a large volume of adhesive labels, and placed them in inventory. When the time came to use the labels, we discovered that they are missing a black indexing mark that allows the label printer to feed each consecutive label the correct distance. Tried to return all, but TigerDirect refused to replace or refund them. The reason? Past the 30-day return period. Will never deal with this company again.

Original review: June 2, 2017

I ordered a rack enclosure from them for my business. I was trying to get my additional server nodes in place for an upcoming project, so I ordered well in advance of the start date. The product arrived a little after they had promised, but nothing drastic. When the truck dropped off the item, I opened the box and noticed that there was a huge dent in the side of the rack. The doors could barely close on one side. It's not surprising, since it came with hardly any cushioning or protection. I asked to have it returned, and thankfully they were responsive, and agreed to order a truck to come pick it up. Because of this, I was obliged to go ahead with a replacement, given that there was still enough time, and they offered to ship it with next-day timing.

So a week goes by, and I contact their team, asking why the damaged unit hasn't been picked up. They give me the run-around. I talk with three different people at their office, who tell me that UPS will pick it up, "tomorrow", or "later today". Fast forward to the present, and I'm left hanging with a useless unit, and my project has already started in earnest. I don't know who's running this outfit, but they seem half asleep. Even when I talked with them on the phone, they sound like they just woke up from a nap. Since then, I've ordered another unit from a competitor, while the old one is still sitting in my garage. I'm sure the actual product was a good quality, but it is overshadowed by the unprofessional behavior of their company.

Original review: June 2, 2017

Did not deliver my batteries, unsatisfactory and unintelligible explanation, as if he was making it up as he talked. Fortunately, it was only $18 on a credit they issued me a couple of years ago when they were still viable. They never emailed a receipt nor any other acknowledgement of our communication... No paper trail. Customer service is horrible and I would NEVER use my credit card with the one or two people who man the phone there in India I think, (I'm not positive of the accent). I think it is now a 3 or 4 person operation as I recognize the voice of one male each time I call. TigerDirect used to be a great company to deal with, now it seems like they are remaining open just to collect personal info on their victims. LEAVE THEM BE!!

Original review: May 30, 2017

When I received a new computer on Friday May 19 2017 I called customer service stating the problem after five calls! The site showed it as a tower with other towers, but it's a much smaller unit that I would not be able to add hardware to because of the space constraint. Their final answer was for me to pay shipping and a percentage of the unit cost. All this because the site did disclose that it was a mini not a tower!!!

Original review: March 25, 2017

We bought a 70 inch Color television from TigerDirect upon moving into our new home, we got the extended warranty on it and before the warranty ran out, the color board went wonky on it. Just streams of vibrant colors and no actual picture. We called the company and they said they moved and gave us a new number. That number said we had to go to the original store which had moved. We finally were able to contact someone that said "Email us pictures of the television set [back] model number and such". So we not only took about a half dozen pics of the back of the television we sent them a full shot of the front of television. They did receive the pictures to tell us we sent the wrong ones. We sent numerous calls back with no answer. We left numerous messages with no replies. All this was done during the time of the warranty and now that the warranty is up we are stuck with a very large over sized paper weight.

I will never purchase another item from them again. We spent over 6 grand in that store for 2 televisions and some other computer items. I have talked to all my friends and they have decided to start shopping elsewhere for all their electronic needs. The customer service is pushy and rather rude. I was left feeling just because I'm a woman I didn't matter. I think they were stunned by the knowledge I posses in retail and felt intimidated. They focused solely on the man I was with at the time and basically ignored me. I'm beyond mad at this company. I'm out a family television that was a gift from their now deceased grandfather and no money to replace it. Thanks for upsetting my family with your antics. You have poor guidelines as a business and shouldn't be in Canada with the way you practice business.

Original review: March 20, 2017

Tiger Direct passed the buck over a period of over six months with a cell phone purchased from them online. After several phone calls, emails, and finally an exchange of product, they refused to reimburse. They ACCUSED me of changing the operating system when the replacement phone failed to work. Don't trust them. The customer is always wrong with them. I can provide supporting documents and timeline, if desired.

Original review: March 2, 2017

Just ordered a second Laptop from this company. I had a few unexpected delays in the order process but TigerDirect apologized and made things right. I had purchased an extended warranty through Square trade on my last laptop. I used them once and they serviced the computer quickly with no hassles. TigerDirect no longer offers the Square trade coverage. So I may purchase it directly from Square trade on the new laptop.

TigerDirect Company Information