2. Shopping
  3. Deal Websites

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.78/5
Based on 1,368 ratings

TigerDirect Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TigerDirect?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about TigerDirect?

Original review: April 29, 2021

As titled, it's really a scam business tbh. They have many excuses for not fulfilling order. If you bought something on their website with discount? Good luck. Chances are that they'll cancel your order due to `Out of Stock`. If that was the case why not just prevent people from placing the order in the first place? Also, once you ordered something, you'll get a ton of spams in your inbox the second you placed the order. The whole practice is very shady.

Original review: March 23, 2021

Purchased Mac Mini from them. Received confirmation. Card was authorized. Called them to confirm that product was new with warranty, they checked the order and confirmed. For four days order is still “under review”. Called them, guy in foreign country cannot find my order. Then tells me that they out of stock and order, most likely, was canceled. Mind it, he still couldn’t find my order. Terrible service!

Get buying tips about Deal Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 10, 2021

Tigerdirect is unfortunately a site where the buyer must beware. Placed an order for a Lenovo PC, received confirmation and applied payment. Received an email confirming order but then received an email saying that the order was still in my cart. Went back online to complete the order. Received another email confirming the order and received yet another email saying the order was still in my cart. Went on line to recheck and the order was in fact still in the cart. Tried but was unable to reach anyone to discuss and confirm the status of my order.

Of course, I received two computers. Returned one but Tigerdirect would not cover the expense of the return claiming it was my fault. I offered to show them the email chain but they were uninterested and unwilling to review the info. They also did not return any of my calls after their review. I had to call each time to learn the results of their internal reviews. I get that despite the attempt to act as if the consumer is always right, sometimes the consumer is not right. In this case, their attitude was that the consumer is never right and apparently, should never be trusted. For Tigerdirect, CONSUMER BEWARE.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2021

I purchased a Lenovo Chromebook from Tiger Direct in April, 2020. I sent it to Joyce Systems for reppair. In Jan. 2021 Joyce systems received the Chromebook. Joyce systems contacted me timely that the item was out of stock and on Jan. 22 requested I request a refund from Tiger Direct. What a nightmare, 1st Tiger Direct requested I sent to Safeware Warranty. However the warranty was for an addtional two years coverage. The warrant company turned down my request. I have called Tiger Direct several times about the refund and every time they wanted something different. This company should not be in business, because they treat their customers terrible.

Tiger Direct requested I get the Serial Number from Joyce systems. In late Janauary I still do not have my refund, I was told the refund amount would be put in my bank account, which was a lie, because they do not have that info and I would not give it to them. On Feb. 8th, I called Tiger Direct again and they said they overlooked the refund? I gave them my email and address and am still waiting for my refund and have been without the chromebook I purchased for over a month. I suggest taking your business elsewhere, this company cannot be trusted in my experience.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2021

I placed an order through Tiger Direct for a new computer monitor. However, the listing never said it was currently back ordered. After going through the payment and placing the order I get the message its currently out of stock and will ship as soon as they get more. I wasn't terribly upset over this, but I did look around some more as I needed it sooner. I found a different seller in under an hour who had it in stock so I canceled my Tiger Direct order.

A few days later I check to make sure the order is canceled as I received no information concerning my request and find I'm still on a back order purchase, no cancellation occurred. So I try again. Silence. A week later, Fed Ex texts me saying my package was delivered. Confused I find the monitor from TD on my doorstep.

I immediately call TD and ask them to process a return. I've already had the monitor from the other company for almost 2 weeks at this point and don't need a second. Except according to TD they never sent the package. I am asked to email some information so they can verify the package was theirs (what?!). So I do but again get no response back from the person I was talking to.

This leads to a series of phone calls over the course of several weeks where they proceed to tell me that they need more information they didn't ask for the first time and then tell me to wait for their vendor to approve the return. At no point do they initiate contact with me. They never follow up on the return request even when they need more info. Instead they wait for me to call and then tell me that well it's my fault for not giving all the details. PS: the monitor is still in my living room because they can't authorize a return. I am ready to see if my credit card will dispute the transaction instead.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2021

I ordered a computer. Next day I realized that the PC would not meet my needs, and I cancelled and put a better machine in my cart, to be finalized when I received credit for the mistakenly ordered machine. All I got from customer service were repeated emails asking I had talked with a customer service representative yet. Meanwhile, the original order was processes and shipped and tracking shows that it is on its way. It has been several days and still no ability to contact TigerDirect either by phone or by email. I am dismayed by the inability to contact this company regarding this matter. I will never do business with this company and will certainly advise my friends to shy away.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2021

I have been buying from them for years but now they are horrible. Don't buy anything from them if you ever expect any support, returns, or be able to contact anyone. I've never seen anything like this. I bought a computer that has some issues. They won't answer their phones or respond to emails.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2020

We purchased a computer from Tiger Direct. When the computer arrived it wasn't working right. Lines across the screen. We contacted Tiger Direct. They said there weren't many computers that we had ordered left and suggested that we go ahead and order a new one. That it would take 3 to 5 working days to get the shipping label to return the other computer and then the refund. So we ordered another new computer. Here we are 10 working days later with 2 computers. The new one we ordered which is working great and the one we are waiting to return so we can get a refund. So we have basically paid for 2 computers and waiting for the label to send the bad computer back. We have contacted them various times and they blame it on the holidays. The 5 working days were before the holidays. All we want is a return shipping label to send the bad computer back so we can get our refund.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2020

I placed several calls to inquire about my order which has been in the same status for weeks. They mentioned they'll update via email and I am unable to connect with customer service as that line hangs up each time. I responded to the online bot for a call back. They say I'll get a call in 24 hours and never do, then they have some lady emailing me from customer service asking if I had ever been contacted. I've told her 3 times I have not and she always responds saying she'll let her supervisor know... still no call! Then I ask her to cancel my order and I never heard back from her again!

I used to use TigerDirect years back and had a great experience and decided to do business with them again as a NewEgg alternative, never again. Terrible business to work with! It's a bad sign when you call customer service and either the line goes to silence, or you get a message every time saying all agents are busy and hangs up during normal business hours! Shop Elsewhere!!

Original review: Nov. 10, 2020

I purchased a computer on 10/9/2020 and received it several days later and it worked fine for about a week and started slowing down when booting up and eventually stopped altogether. I contacted customer support and told them what happened and was referred to tech. I spoke to tech and advised them the problem and they checked to see if they had a replacement computer and was advised that they did not and that I had to contact customer service for them to request a RMA or case #. I got an email from customer service a few days later stating that they were waiting for a return label and that when they received it they would send it to me. That has been several days ago and I have not received it or any word from them regarding.

TigerDirect Company Information