2. Shopping
  3. Deal Websites

2.8/5 (1380 ratings)

About TigerDirect

TigerDirect Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TigerDirect?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about TigerDirect?

Original review: Oct. 23, 2021

This place is a scam. They take your confirmation and then tell you to call a number for a FASTER DELIVERY DATE. I called the number and he said my card was declined. That is because the charges they were trying to place were under a fast-food category!!! I ordered from TigerDirect about 10 years ago. This is so sad and disappointing.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2021

Trash Products/Trash Service.... Nothing more. Order a Computer that was defective right from the box and then was directed to another company for replacement which has still not taken place and TigerDirect is taking no action on their part.

Get buying tips about Deal Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2021

Ordered motherboard. It was defective. In order to get new one, replacement, they charged 3 times the price. After 3 weeks of waiting for refund, was told the chip was damaged and they won’t refund until I sent them second one. So not only they refused to pay back money for the first one but they are also refusing to refund for the second one which was three times the price. Total 2000$ down the drain. They are a bunch of scammers!!!

Original review: Sept. 8, 2021

On August 27 I ordered a computer (laptop) from TigerDirect. I received it on September 7, though it was in stock. I could not get a tracking number nor any information on my order. The website tracker kept blaming me for not putting in the correct order number or my correct zip code, which is a joke, as I got the order number from TigerDirect and I know my zip code. When I got someone on the live chat, he informed me of the correct order number and my zip code, which were what I had input and it still did not work. I finally got him to give me a tracking number. When the laptop arrived, the display was terrible; all blurry and the contrast was awful, except when I changed it to the very furthest setting. Even then, it was barely readable.

I called the customer service number and was hung up on twice as I explained what was going on. I sent an email and never got a response. I tried a live chat and was in the middle of talking to a rep when I was disconnected and the live chat kept me from any future chats, even from another browser. I promise I was very respectful, and I never raised my voice, even when I was told that I input the information wrong. I wanted this laptop and I needed it, but I ended up asking for an RMA number, whereas I was disconnected twice from the customer service on the phone. I could not get through on the phone after that. I emailed the customer service and they told me that I did not need an RMA. I would NEVER buy ANYTHING from TigerDirect EVER again. I must pay a 15% “restocking” fee for the pleasure of trying to use this laptop for less than one day. I am disgusted.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2021

The worst company and see why haven't shopped here in years. Cancelled my order when their crappy system was showing in stock. Customer service won't even respond. Now they have stolen my money for a free 72+ hours loan. DO NOT DO Business with this company!!

Original review: Aug. 5, 2021

I placed an order with TigerDirect for a printer that was listed as "in-stock" when the order was placed. The order confirmation received via e-mail listed a back order with no estimated shipping date. When attempting to cancel the order, they have stonewalled sending a confirmation of cancellation and have withdrawn the money from my account. I will not do business with them again.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2021

First of all I bought this desktop computer for my parent so they can learn on 6/17. The UPS they used to deliver had problem and missed delivery so I didnt get it until end of June. I went over to my parent help them setup on 7/23. Found out the computer doesnt work at all. I contacted TigerDirect. Told me nothing they can do and will not refund because it's over 30 days!!!! I didnt get the computer like 2 weeks before. How does that count as 30 days and I had to file claims with UPS because they didnt deliver to me and was lost. Someone please help me get refund and contact information.

Original review: July 12, 2021

Just cancelled the last order I will ever place with Tiger Direct. I ordered a printer. Before placing the order I called customer service to verify the printer was in stock. Customer service verified the printer was in stock. Delivery was guaranteed in 3 to 5 days. After 5 days with no emails or updates I called Tiger Direct to ask about the order only to be told the printer was back ordered. I cancelled the order and will not be ordering from Tiger Direct again. I have wasted 5 days and will need to place the order with another, hopefully more dependable, business. Tiger Direct is trying to become the Wal-mart of online suppliers with the service to match.

Original review: May 28, 2021

I ordered a new CPU for computer, received an opened used one, emailed several times was ignored, used chat option and was told to call, called and was told there is no way to prove I received a used item and basically too bad.

Original review: May 4, 2021

I wish I had read some of these other reviews before I tried to order something from TigerDirect. I ordered a headset from TigerDirect over a month ago. The next day I got an email from TigerDirect saying the item is on backorder. I decide to cancel the order and purchase it from somewhere else. I followed the directions on their website. I went to a form on their site and filled out all the required info to cancel the order.

Four hours later I check the status of my order on their site and it says it shipped. I decide to call and the customer service rep tells me they'll try to stop it from shipping but if it does ship to just refuse the package when it's delivered. That's not really an option because they just drop it at my door when I'm not home but I say ok, I'll just return it if I can't stop it myself. (Really? I have to cancel my own order this way?)

An hour after the call I get an email responding to my initial website request to cancel the order. They ask for the order number which I already entered in the website form so that's fun. I send them the order number and let them know I already spoke to a customer rep. I get the headset in the mail and I open it thinking there might be a return label in the box. There is no return label. I get on the website to fill out the website form to request a return label. I get an email the next day asking for the order number. I had entered the order number already but their terrible system doesn't seem to include it in the form.

I reply with the order number so I have to wait another couple of hours for a response. They tell me they can process the refund but there will be a 15% restocking fee for anything opened. I replied that I had opened the box but not the package inside so I don't want to get dinged for that. They reply with a question of whether I want to continue the request.

I decide to call their customer service reps again. The woman was very nice and said she made the request for a return label and I should be getting it in my email. Three days pass and I still haven't gotten a return label. I call and the rep says it can take 5 business days. Really? That long? I wait and finally get the email 5 business days after the request. I mailed back the item. They received it on the 16th of April. I decided to call about it exactly two weeks after they received it for a status. They tell me it's pending.

The next business day I call for a status and they say it's pending. The next business day I call for a status and they say it's pending. The next business day I call for a status and they say it's pending. The next business day I call for a status and they say it's pending. I asked if there was anyone else I can talk to. They said no. I plan on calling again tomorrow for a status update.

Their system should not tell me an order is back ordered if it isn't back ordered. Their customer service website should include the order number if it specifically asks for it. It should not take 5 days of awaiting approval for a return label. I should not be waiting over two weeks for a refund after they received the item. I still don't even know the amount of the return but if it's not the full amount including shipping I'll have to go back to the phone daily to request the full refund. Never ever ever ever again, TigerDirect.

TigerDirect Company Information