2. Shopping

Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.79/5
Based on 1,360 ratings

TigerDirect Learn More

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

TigerDirect Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TigerDirect?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about TigerDirect?

Original review: Nov. 10, 2020

I purchased a computer on 10/9/2020 and received it several days later and it worked fine for about a week and started slowing down when booting up and eventually stopped altogether. I contacted customer support and told them what happened and was referred to tech. I spoke to tech and advised them the problem and they checked to see if they had a replacement computer and was advised that they did not and that I had to contact customer service for them to request a RMA or case #. I got an email from customer service a few days later stating that they were waiting for a return label and that when they received it they would send it to me. That has been several days ago and I have not received it or any word from them regarding.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2020

I bought a computer and it stopped turning on after two weeks. I've emailed support three times each in a different method and they do not respond. I will be disputing the charge through my credit card company.

Get buying tips about Deal Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2020

Tiger Direct has the worst customer service I have ever experienced, which says a lot because I am an Xfinity customer. I purchased a Synology router from Tiger Direct that was DOA. I called customer service and initiated a return. The rude representative said they needed to obtain an RMA from Synology and it would take a couple of weeks. I feel this is ridiculous, but I accepted the situation and waited. I contacted them three weeks later and after getting cut off multiple times, I finally spoke to a ‘customer support representative’.

I requested a status update on my return request and the rep informed me the onus was on me to contact Synology and obtain a “case number”. This was the first time I was given this information and said so. The rep literally called me a “liar” and that I told the rep from my initial request that I refuse to contact Synology. The rep then said that he was documenting my dishonesty and refusal to cooperate (hilarious). Well, the call went downhill from there and the yelling started (from both sides). I will never do business with Tiger Direct again.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2020

I purchased a UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply) from TigerDirect. they ship with FedEx. Received an email that the unit was damaged. I contacted FedEx and they said it was not their responsibility to contact TigerDirect. I called TigerDirect and they said the unit was shipped and they would not accept any responsibility and couldn't help me. FedEx and TigerDirect are in cahoots and they're not respectable businesses. Never buy or ship from TigerDirect or FedEx. Going with UPS from now on.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2020

Purchased a "new" computer which arrived in an open box with the packing material stuffed in the bottom, not even a good a attempt at a factory repack. We could not even start the Win 10 sign in. Their 'help' desk referred us to a third party for assistance, not how you want to set up a supposedly new machine. We tried to return the purchase as a clearly not new machine, but were given the runaround for weeks. Had to dispute the purchase with our cc company. These guys are complete crooks, do not use.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2020

I purchased a MacBook Air from Tiger Direct and after a week (it was supposed to arrive in 2 days) I got it. The battery only lasted less than 4 hours, when it's supposed to last at least 10. I called to return and I've been waiting for them to send me a return label for 2 weeks now. I keep calling and they keep telling me they will send the label the next day, but nothing. Then, I talk to a supervisor and she tells me the return has to be approved and it takes 3 weeks after it arrives in their warehouse where it gets processed for about 1 week. This is ridiculous. DO NOT BUY FROM TIGER DIRECT!!!!

Original review: Aug. 24, 2020

I purchased a computer on Saturday 8/22/2020. They took $569.00 from my business checking and then on Sunday sent me an email telling me my order was canceled. Finally was able to contact on Monday and was yelled at. She would not listen to my concerns and tried talking over me that went to yelling. She hung up on me when I yelled back telling her not to yell at me. All I want is my money back. Right now, I am not sure I am going to get it. I think they want to keep it and make me reorder something else. I do not want to deal with them EVER again and suggest no one else does either. I have been through this before but not this bad. I finally got my money back after they sent me a defected computer twice. I am DONE with them. Actually shame on me for giving them a 2nd chance.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2020

I bought a high end gaming computer from TigerDirect (Lenovo Legion ) which TD advertised as having a DVDRW drive. After receiving the computer I found it didn't have one. I tried calling TD many times and was giving the run-around. The support people I talked to were neither polite or helpful. Some gave me a "new" number to call which sent me back to the original number, or they forward me to a new number and the line went dead. I wish I had checked TD's reviews before buying this computer. Since I just received it today I will see if I can return it. Judging from my sad experience I am not hopeful.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2020

Due to the Covid-19, my pregnant sister had to resort to telecommute in order to keep her self safe. I decided to give her a computer as a baby shower present. Looking at multiple sites decided to go with Tiger Direct. Big mistake. Order a desktop computer, mouse and keyboard combo, as well as a pair of monitors. The next day received an email confirmation showing that the two monitors I order are in "Backorder" status, which is not a big deal.-I called and the representative told me that is going to take 2-3 weeks, I'm fine with that, My sister can use her tv in the meantime.

Once the keyboard arrived my sister found that the shipping package was damage, the equipment arrived in pieces. The same thing happened to the desktop computer, a box arrived broken and the computer itself damaged. We decided to call Tiger Direct to make them aware of the situation and ask for a resolution. They initiated a replacement process. Which it takes days, plus now we need to wait for the return label to arrive. Drop the item at the carrier and then they will issue a replacement. In the meantime, my sister is waiting for a computer to be able to work from home.

I called again and asked to speak to a supervisor, the agent reply that all supervisors are busy, etc, I told him that I was very frustrated with the situation and that I wanted to see if we could expedite the process and what other options I have. Maybe a supervisor could approve this. The representative was very cold and decided to put a wall. I'm used to the level of service that other companies, such as Amazon, provide. This would have been resolved quickly and without all the hassle. I sent two emails without any answer. I hope to receive the monitors and the return label and send them their stuff and be done with it. Don't want to deal with TigerDirect anymore.

Original review: July 31, 2020

When the computer arrived, the speakers didn't work. I immediately began contacting TigerDirect to fix the problem and received NO response from any of my emails. After 2 weeks, the laptop completely stopped working. I began calling, requesting a refund and was told information would be sent to me. Of course, nothing has ever been sent to me. My warranty was refunded, but my return on the laptop has been "in process" for over two months. So my laptop DOES NOT WORK AT ALL, and I have no funds to get a new laptop. I would not recommend ordering this laptop, ordering a refurbished laptop, or ordering from TigerDirect under any circumstances. Major disappointment.

TigerDirect Company Information