Looking for a deal website?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

3.91/5

1163 TigerDirect Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 21, 2019

Purchased a refurbished Dell E7275 laptop from TigerDirect 5/25/19. Received defective product, and filed claim to return under warranty statement. FIRST.. I needed to email pictures of defect to Joy Systems (owns TigerDirect). Any # of customer service reps promised action and or results after I had mailed photos, without any confirmation. Finally on June 12 received RMA, and followed instructions to return. After a number of calls to "Joy", began the dispute process with PayPal. PayPal as always comes through, and on July 9 received refund from "Joy Systems". If you want the "Joy" taken out of any purchase from TigerDirect, do not do business with TigerDirect or Joy Systems.

Original review: June 6, 2019

Wow so ordered a laptop on Sunday. Two day delivery guaranteed. That tuesday ....nope!! Oh it will come Thursday they say....nope!! Didn't come all weekend. Call Sunday. She says it’s on pause because I got a different billing address from shipping address and asks who my landlord is on the third call!! Ask for refund "oh be about 24 to 48 hours" - nope!!!! Week and a half later trying to get my 600$!!!! Call the fourth time asking where the money is. She denies ever talking to me and calls me a liar!!!! Says 24 to 48 hours again. Three days later here I am on a 30 minute call to her quote unquote supervisor!!! Very shady. Stay away!!! TigerDirect is not the same!!

Get expert buying tips about Deal Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 31, 2019

I have had an active account with TigerDirect for my business since 2010. I have had nothing but great experience from them. They are a great local reseller with great products for great prices and I always receive them within a reasonable about of time. I came to this page and saw all the negative reviews. I had to share my experience because every company has their flaws. But this is a good company and I think this page just shows all the bad. But people with something negative to say are usually more likely to go through the trouble of making a review. So this is just all bad exposure... There's nothing wrong with this company. They don't scam anyone. They are just trying to run a business....

Original review: May 22, 2019

I placed an order and it took 5 business days to process the order. I called and told them if not 5 days after my call to cancel warehouse distribution shipment. The rep put it in the system to cancel immediately. They shipped the order within my timeline for shipping and I willing to accept. The order came to my city and was return to the warehouse because of customer service error. They offered to reship with free shipping; at that time I had ordered another computer from Newegg and had my tracking number. TigerDirect have some customer service reps that don't speak good English. I had problems getting my rep to understand basic instructions. I recommend Micro Center, Costco, Walmart, Newegg, Fry's, and Sam's for all your computer needs.

Original review: May 15, 2019

So I placed a order with TigerDirect. The item was on back order which wasn’t a problem for me. Two weeks pass after placing the order and I receive a email from job Asunción stating that I need to fill out a corporation gift form stating that what I ordered is a promotional product. I called the customer service number to get clarification on what exactly this email is about. The customer representative that I spoke to told me that he was not sure what the email was indicating and after repeating my phone number told me that I would receive a call back explaining what the email was about.

I let four hours pass and I receive no return phone call, so I called customer service back myself. This time there is a woman who answers that I can barely hear because of all the background noise on her end of the line, plus for some reason she kept taking long pauses to reply to my questions. I asked her if I could possibly speak to a manager or supervisor and the woman hung up on me. I now call back and speak to a different woman, which once again I ask if I may speak to a manager or supervisor about my order and all the confusion to go along with it. She informs me that the supervisor is on lunch break, so she takes my number and tells me that he will call me back in a half hour. I proceed to wait a hour and a half and guess what, no return call from the supervisor.

Now I call one last time to cancel my order because of all the hassle and runaround I have been given. They act surprised that I want to cancel my order and start making excuses that it’s difficult to cancel my order because it had started shipment already. Funny that when I checked the order status before I even called it was still on back order and no shipment date was available. Through all the calls I made I was courteous and used no foul language or raised my voice but I was still treated very poorly.

In my opinion this company is not a trustworthy site to make any purchases from ever! When I asked for a confirmation number or email stating that my order is canceled I was told they don’t do that. I then mentioned that if I receive a charge on my credit card for the item that I canceled that I would press charges for credit card theft and fraud. Suddenly the customer service rep said he was going to make it up to me and send me a cancellation email. Scam website? I think so, you have been warned!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TigerDirect?

Original review: May 6, 2019

Stay away from this place! Crooks I've place an order on April 1st and 2 hard drives arrived in a box few days later. One of them turned out to be defective, which does happen from time to time. I called TigerDirect and said it’s defective and my NAS is rejecting it as it fails basic SMART test and that I'd like to return it and was told that I have to call Western Digital and file an RMA there for warranty process. And then call them back once I have the RMA from Western Digital with the number and only then they'll take it back; so I did. I shipped it back right away and week later I get an email "When am I going to ship it back?" What? Thank god for tracking numbers. I responded, “You've already had it for nearly a week, it was signed by so and so at the dock as received.” Ok, no response.

I call back about a refund and I'm told 10 days from the time it is received. So I waited 3 weeks and no refund. Called again and nobody has a clue. They'll escalate the case so that "somebody" might look at it and call me back. You guessed it, nobody ever calls back! Month into the ordeal since order date and there was no refund. Every time you call, they'll hang up on you. You'll have to call 2-3 times to get somebody who won't click on you. Never again from me. Save yourself grief and order somewhere else. The only reason I ordered from this place is because they had a hard drive that is no longer in production and they had 5 year old stock. Learned my lesson.

Original review: April 5, 2019

I purchased a refurb HP desktop for our business, installed it and everything worked fine. Came in the next day and it was dead. They told me I needed to call HP to get a Case# which I did immediately. Called TigerDirect back and gave them the number and they said in a couple days I would receive a Return Call Tag to ship it back... That was over a week ago. Every time I call customer service they put me on hold for at least 15 mins (I am sure they hope you hang up) and when they do come back to you they give the same answer that they are waiting on HP. Buy somewhere else. Do not put yourself through the waste of time!!!

Original review: March 18, 2019

I'm glad this is the 5th website that pops up when you search TigerDirect. I will never purchase from this company again. I thought they were like a legit company but come to find out they are just a third party distributor with no control over the products they are selling. I purchased a brand new Levono V330 laptop in mid-January 2019 for school. The computer started having issues right away. It was really slow. Then a blue Windows error screen popped up saying critical process died and it would crash.

Now it won't even turn on. It goes directly to a Dos screen and it won't let me select any of the 4 options. I had a friend look at it. Can't figure it out. I contacted TigerDirect 5 weeks later at the beginning of March. They said it was past the 30 day return policy and that I should contact the manufacturer - Lenovo. I do that. Lenovo won't take it back. They said they would "fix" it. They also said it was a refurbished computer when TigerDirect is advertising it as new. I have been back and forth with TigerDirect and they won't budge. Now I'm stuck with a useless computer and I'm $600 in the hole. Thanks TigerDirect. I read the reviews on my computer and about TigerDirect in general. Same thing seems to happen a lot more often than it should.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

I ordered double of each: motherboard, processor, and 2 sticks of memory on Sunday, Jan 17th. The total cost was over a thousand dollars. On Monday I got an order confirmation in my email...Cool, I thought. Tuesday morning, I got another email showing that it was shipped in three separate boxes. No problem, I thought. Tuesday night, I went to a store to buy groceries, and my account was overdrawn. When I checked it online, I noticed that they "held for signature pending" the total, and then again for each additional box, double charging my bank account. I'm now overdrawn and accruing fees. I called customer service and they told me that was just how they process the financing.

I wrote a negative review. Ronaldo called me, and asked me to amend my review...after offering a 10 percent off coupon and assuring me that everything would be taken care of within an hour. The next day, I got all the packages, my bank dropped the hold on the large amount, and they took the funds for the individual boxes. I sent a few emails asking how they would compensate me for the overdraft fees, and haven't heard back. They might as well have offered a 90 percent discount, because I've spent my last dime on TigerDirect. They used to be a good company to work with. Now, I haven't seen a positive review.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

I purchased this laptop 5 months ago. HP EliteBook 8460P. It crashes every time I turn it on. Says Windows not installed properly. Then it spends hours trying to update Windows. Then it says not all updates were successful. Crashes over and over. Garbage.

TigerDirect Company Information