1.10/5
  • 1 star
Based on 492 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

TigerDirect

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Jan. 12, 2018

1137 TigerDirect Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

I placed an order for a laptop from the website and their money was debited from my account. Although they had already taken the money out of my account they requested I call in and verify my information, which I did. I was told the order would be released. The next day I checked my order status and the order was gone. I had not received any communication about issues with the order so I called to check. I was told the order has been cancelled. No reason has ever been given for this. Three days later and I still have not been refunded. I will no longer do business with this company after 11 years.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

Purchase Graphic Cards - Wow, Don't buy from this company. I have over 2 Thousand Dollars tied up in my bank account right now waiting on an order that was I told would be filled in a week. Now that the prices have gone through the roof on the graphics cards, I don't think they will fill my order until the prices come down. They are very vague on my orders and I am nervous. I am going to keep everyone posted on how this all turns out.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

Tiger Direct used to be a great company in the 90s and early 00s. *Used* to be. Ordered a dot matrix printer for our business to replace the one I ordered from them years ago that finally went out. The machine we got had two other shipping labels on the manufacturer packaging -- big red flag. When it didn't print right, I had to call at least six times (after holding and being disconnected), go through three different people (in different countries) and re-explain myself from scratch to each every time, and it became clear they were trying to wear me down so they wouldn't have to deal with it.

Refused to send me a postage paid return slip, so I was out another $37 for that. Followed all of their instructions for returning it, took them 10 more days to credit me than the "7 to 10 business days" they said once they received it, and *still* charged me a 15% "re-stocking fee," because their "notes" say I supposedly told them there wasn't anything wrong with it! So I have no printer and I'm out $74 total, they've kept money from at least two people who returned the same piece of crap, and will probably sell it again to others until one of them might just keep it rather than deal with what I did and let them pocket everything for selling junk.

I can't imagine any business selling substandard product and providing such insulting customer "service" still being in business. I guess they're coasting on their former reputation and burning legacy customers like me, but I will never buy from them again and hope they go out of business as quickly as possible so no one else has to deal with these scammers.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2017

Ordered a computer. Paid extra for 2-day delivery, was promised it would be there. It was her big Christmas gift, now I find out it's on backorder for 2 weeks. Called them FOUR TIMES asking to speak to a supervisor, was put on HOLD. NO ONE EVER GOT ON THE PHONE. Would NEVER deal with this company again. Can't believe this company is in business.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

Ordered a gaming PC from TigerDirect on 12/10/2017. The website said the product was in stock and shipped within 1 - 2 business days. Didn't receive a shipping confirmation so I checked the website on 12/15/2017 and the order status was "processing". After still receiving no communication from TigerDirect I checked the order status on 12/20/2017 and the status had been changed to "price quote".

Called TigerDirect and after sitting on hold for approximately 5-10 minutes a support rep informed me that they don't have the product advertised. I checked the product again on the website and NOW it says out of stock. The support rep informed me that the "price quote" order status meant that I would have to reorder the item to be placed on the backorder list. No communication was sent to inform me my order had effectively been cancelled nor did they offer to make it right after I called them.

Five days before Christmas and my son's PC order has been cancelled with no communication from TigerDirect. On the bright side I found a comparable system on Amazon and they will still have it here by Friday 12/22 in time for Christmas! Thanks Amazon for bailing me out of the huge mistake of trusting TigerDirect. TigerDirect has lost this customer forever. Oh, and I'll be telling everyone I know what an awful experience I had with TigerDirect. Steer clear!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TigerDirect?

Original review: Dec. 16, 2017

I noticed two large fraudulent charges on my credit card from TigerDirect. I called and couldn't get a live person either. Went to a voice mail. I have never heard of this company and have no idea how it got on my credit card??? Does anyone know if this company is even legitimate? I read some of the reviews and it sounds fishy.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

Steer clear of this company!! My teenage daughter ordered a refurbished laptop for college - she spent five hundred dollars on what we assumed would be a quality piece of equipment. It had issues from the start. Upon contacting TigerDirect, they said if she sent it back they would refund her money. She sent it back as directed - and they contacted her and said “As your RMA has expired so we no longer can refund.” So at this point, TigerDirect has taken our money, AND we have no laptop... How is that ok?? Absolute criminals!! I have contacted them several times via email and have received no response. DO NOT GIVE THIS COMPANY YOUR MONEY!!!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

I bought a router from TigerDirect. It came DOA. I called and told them, and they started an RMA. They sent me another dead router. When I called them to tell them the replacement router was dead on arrival, they tried to play it off by telling me "we already shipped the replacement". They are a bad company... Please don't buy from them.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

So I ordered two computer monitors as well as the CPU which all were supposed to be shipped together. They do not come together. They came separately. They came week almost a week apart the two items from the one item and when I got my monitors there was no charger. I called the company. They weren’t willing to help at all. I told him I wanted to buy another monitor and I asked if they would price match another website that I found the monitor on. I said no. I said, "Can you help with the shipping?" They said no. I said, "What are you guys going to do to compensate for all the time I spend when you messed up my order and I still don’t have a charger for my monitor that I have to purchase on my own?" They said, "We can’t help you!" Do not buy from TigerDirect. Do not buy from these people. They’ll sell you a refurbished pieces of equipment and then when you try to get help they shun you.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2017

I purchased a refurbished computer from Tiger Direct online. The item arrived in a reasonable amount of time but did not show as an order on my account. The item was damaged. I requested a return, sent pic’s, and waited for UPS. They didn’t show. Made 4 more calls and a week later, still nothing. Spoke with Christiansen at ** initially and the latest Karen ** at **. She wanted me to return the item at my cost, wait for it to arrive at their warehouse, and then wait for a replacement. I spent 2 days waiting on UPS and several hours on phone explaining this issue multiple times only to be placed on hold and disconnected. I would rate this experience as an example of what never to do to customers. This company Tiger Direct, PCM, and MacMall should not be used!!! Buyer beware!!! Your odds of receiving a proper item in good condition are better spent at the roulette table in Las Vegas!!!

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

Being honest with this ripoff company is not the way to be... Purchase a rebuild computer all sounded well but it did not have a CD ROM writer. Only a reader that was not stated clearly... Called back and was told a refund would be given back but that they had a restocking fee... 26?? I agree to that but when I got the refund back on my credit card they did not refund any of the tax money and took 40.50 off the refund. This clearly was not told and they lied about it also... Since when does a company get to keep tax money on a product that is returned... I feel like I was scammed by this company.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

I purchased a computer from TigerDirect, when I plugged it in it made a clicking sound that sounded like the hard drive. Since the reason I bought it was because my hard drive failed on my computer. I immediately called TigerDirect and requested a return authorization. It was not sent so I called again. I returned the computer and when I checked with the credit card company I found out they had not refunded the total purchase price. I will never deal with this company again.

Original review: July 6, 2017

Yesterday (WEDNESDAY) 7/5/17 at 10:30 AM I placed the order (Mustang electric 100 in 43 matte white 4 part# 15053700), later at 8:30 PM, I called the customer service to know my order status and get the tracking number; a person told me that my order was at the warehouse and the warehouse was already closed at that time.Today I already spoke with THREE-customer service representatives and told them my entire story and requested to speak to a supervisor and waited several minutes, none of the THREE-customer service representative were able to reach a supervisor for me. Later I received a phone call by another person, Jey, she kindly said that she will update me with the tracking number when it is available.

It has called my attention that I paid for FedEx Economy 2nd Day delivery. I need the item for FRIDAY and I would really like to know what happened? Later today Jey called me and told me they could not ship the item by 2nd day delivery because it is too large. Once again I requested to speak with a supervisor and they gave me an excuse one more time. This is the worst webpage ever, the customer service is horrible, you will never ever be able to speak with a supervisor. Now I understand the reason why they closed all stores and are only available online. If you do not want to be extremely disappointed and mad, do not buy on this web site. I requested a to cancel the order and a refund. Still waiting.

Original review: June 12, 2017

TigerDirect is a disaster! We purchased a large volume of adhesive labels, and placed them in inventory. When the time came to use the labels, we discovered that they are missing a black indexing mark that allows the label printer to feed each consecutive label the correct distance. Tried to return all, but TigerDirect refused to replace or refund them. The reason? Past the 30-day return period. Will never deal with this company again.

Original review: June 2, 2017

I ordered a rack enclosure from them for my business. I was trying to get my additional server nodes in place for an upcoming project, so I ordered well in advance of the start date. The product arrived a little after they had promised, but nothing drastic. When the truck dropped off the item, I opened the box and noticed that there was a huge dent in the side of the rack. The doors could barely close on one side. It's not surprising, since it came with hardly any cushioning or protection. I asked to have it returned, and thankfully they were responsive, and agreed to order a truck to come pick it up. Because of this, I was obliged to go ahead with a replacement, given that there was still enough time, and they offered to ship it with next-day timing.

So a week goes by, and I contact their team, asking why the damaged unit hasn't been picked up. They give me the run-around. I talk with three different people at their office, who tell me that UPS will pick it up, "tomorrow", or "later today". Fast forward to the present, and I'm left hanging with a useless unit, and my project has already started in earnest. I don't know who's running this outfit, but they seem half asleep. Even when I talked with them on the phone, they sound like they just woke up from a nap. Since then, I've ordered another unit from a competitor, while the old one is still sitting in my garage. I'm sure the actual product was a good quality, but it is overshadowed by the unprofessional behavior of their company.

Original review: June 2, 2017

Did not deliver my batteries, unsatisfactory and unintelligible explanation, as if he was making it up as he talked. Fortunately, it was only $18 on a credit they issued me a couple of years ago when they were still viable. They never emailed a receipt nor any other acknowledgement of our communication... No paper trail. Customer service is horrible and I would NEVER use my credit card with the one or two people who man the phone there in India I think, (I'm not positive of the accent). I think it is now a 3 or 4 person operation as I recognize the voice of one male each time I call. TigerDirect used to be a great company to deal with, now it seems like they are remaining open just to collect personal info on their victims. LEAVE THEM BE!!

Original review: May 30, 2017

When I received a new computer on Friday May 19 2017 I called customer service stating the problem after five calls! The site showed it as a tower with other towers, but it's a much smaller unit that I would not be able to add hardware to because of the space constraint. Their final answer was for me to pay shipping and a percentage of the unit cost. All this because the site did disclose that it was a mini not a tower!!!

Original review: March 25, 2017

We bought a 70 inch Color television from TigerDirect upon moving into our new home, we got the extended warranty on it and before the warranty ran out, the color board went wonky on it. Just streams of vibrant colors and no actual picture. We called the company and they said they moved and gave us a new number. That number said we had to go to the original store which had moved. We finally were able to contact someone that said "Email us pictures of the television set [back] model number and such". So we not only took about a half dozen pics of the back of the television we sent them a full shot of the front of television. They did receive the pictures to tell us we sent the wrong ones. We sent numerous calls back with no answer. We left numerous messages with no replies. All this was done during the time of the warranty and now that the warranty is up we are stuck with a very large over sized paper weight.

I will never purchase another item from them again. We spent over 6 grand in that store for 2 televisions and some other computer items. I have talked to all my friends and they have decided to start shopping elsewhere for all their electronic needs. The customer service is pushy and rather rude. I was left feeling just because I'm a woman I didn't matter. I think they were stunned by the knowledge I posses in retail and felt intimidated. They focused solely on the man I was with at the time and basically ignored me. I'm beyond mad at this company. I'm out a family television that was a gift from their now deceased grandfather and no money to replace it. Thanks for upsetting my family with your antics. You have poor guidelines as a business and shouldn't be in Canada with the way you practice business.

Original review: March 20, 2017

Tiger Direct passed the buck over a period of over six months with a cell phone purchased from them online. After several phone calls, emails, and finally an exchange of product, they refused to reimburse. They ACCUSED me of changing the operating system when the replacement phone failed to work. Don't trust them. The customer is always wrong with them. I can provide supporting documents and timeline, if desired.

Original review: March 2, 2017

Just ordered a second Laptop from this company. I had a few unexpected delays in the order process but TigerDirect apologized and made things right. I had purchased an extended warranty through Square trade on my last laptop. I used them once and they serviced the computer quickly with no hassles. TigerDirect no longer offers the Square trade coverage. So I may purchase it directly from Square trade on the new laptop.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2017

They have the WORST order confirmation process I have ever encountered. I ended up canceling my order because they could not verify my address, which I have no idea why, it is the same one that is listed on my State ID, and is associated with my debit card. They then asked me to provide a phone number, and when I did, they said that they can only verify with landlines, which most people who do not work from home do not have. Their sales/credit department told me they were going to cancel the order, and they did not. I called back and spoke to a customer service representative who finally did end up canceling my order. I am still waiting on the refund.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2017

I purchased a PC bundle to upgrade my computer over a year ago. Their online ad boasted a $50 rebate. I had lost the bar codes for the memory sticks but had the one for the motherboard. At this point it was only a $10 rebate but I sent all the paperwork in; I dotted my Is and crossed my Ts. I was told that I could pay an extra $2 and "expedite" my rebate or wait 6 months. I decided to wait. It is now a year and three months later.

I called today and was told that customer service had no access to the information and was given a number to System Max. I called them and was told that THEY had no access to the information so I called customer service again. They again said the same thing and I noticed it was word-for-word the same speech. I told the customer service person named Ian or Jan (I had her spell it and say it five times but I still could not make it out, like she didn't want to tell me) to take care of it and get back to me.

She asked for my name, address and repeated the phone number on her caller ID and said she would call me back by the end of the day. I asked why she didn't ask for the order number and suddenly there was more than one way to access the information, she claimed. As I suspected she never called back although she said she would even if there were no results. I will never again do business with this dishonest scammer. I hope they go out of business and lose money.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2016

I bought two laptop computers from TigerDirect.com for my daughters that need them for college. When they arrived, my daughters did not like them because they were too big and too heavy. I planned to buy two more to replace them but they told me I had to pay the return shipping and a 10% restocking fee. Just TRY to find this restocking fee on their website!!! THEN, WHEN THEY SENT ME THE RETURN AUTHORIZATION... THE RESTOCKING FEE WAS 15%... These people are liars and crooks. I will never buy from them again. Way too many companies out there that are willing to work with returns in exchange for the right product.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2016

I called today to check on an order I put in for less than 600.00 only to find out my order hadn't even been processed??? I asked why no one called me. They tell me they called me at a number that doesn't even exist anymore. I put a phone number on the order when I ordered. WHY NOT CALL ME AT THAT NUMBER? So, then I ask to speak to a supervisor with the customer service representative who basically told me there is nothing the company is going to do for me. I was told he doesn't have a supervisor present??? He says, on weekends, no supervisor is present in the office and they will be back on Monday??? How can you possibly have customer service that is worth anything if you don't even have a supervisor present to handle escalations!!! This is insane.

So, I ordered an IPAD for my wife on November 29, 2016 thinking I'm getting way ahead and paid for 3-5 day shipping only to find out on December 17, 2016 at 4:11 PM that my order hasn't even been processed. UNBELIEVABLE!!! I ask for compensation and rush shipping and am told that will not happen. Worst experience buying anything online I've ever had. FOR ANYONE READING THIS, DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY. They call from California but are actually in the Philippines on the weekend handling customer service with no supervisor present. After reading the reviews, I hope my product comes in not damaged.:( Stand up company, right?

Original review: Dec. 15, 2016

Watch out with this company!!! They are just trying to get ALL YOUR PERSONAL AND BANK INFORMATION!!! I purchased an electric screen projector (online). They called me the next day to tell me that the name on my CC did not match, that I needed to provide a phone number related to my Bank account, and that the person I was sending this item (in another state) didn't match with their records. So, I had to call my bank, provide them the phone number and tell them who was the owner of the house that I was sending this item!!! Even that I provided all this information and telling them that this was a scam, they said: "Oh, sorry but the name that you provided for your CC is incorrect!" Are you ** kidding me!!! SCAM, SCAM, SCAM!!! PLEASE, DO NOT PURCHASE ANYTHING WITH THIS THIEVES!!!

Original review: Dec. 3, 2016

The laptop I purchased from Tigerdirect.com would not even start so I called their customer service to return the product. I talked to a customer service agent named Ruben ** who asked me to email her the product pictures so she can make sure what I'm saying is correct. She promised someone will call me and to confirm return details. 2 days and no emails or phone calls so I called back. This time another agent said I actually have to talk to their tech support to confirm the return. However because they are very busy I had to call them back.

I asked how long would the wait be and he did not want to confirm, then he said 30 minutes and that I had only 2 choices wait or call back... I asked to talk to a manager and his answer was they are busy too and that I do not need to talk a manager with a very rude and unprofessional tone. So now I have to call them for the 3rd time and who knows what process they are going to recommend for the return. Horrible experience.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2016

I have recently joined Consumer Affairs and am so relieved I now have an outlet to review business organizations and their practices. Plus, I can make others aware of these businesses and their practices. My degree is in business administration with an emphasis on marketing, so I know what I'm talking about. Sadly, in today's business world, I have had to adjust my customer service expectations to what I consider a very low standard, so I am not disappointed or frustrated and hope for the best. I'm sure you have noticed the trend for yourself.

However, I am being consistently surprised many times when I try to do the simplest business transaction; I need to adjust my expectations even lower. The only one that can protect your personal honor, integrity and your money - is you. I try to be fair by giving a company/organization three chances. After that, I'm gone for good. Such is the case with TigerDirect (SYX). Like most companies of this historical caliber they worked very hard to gain an excellent reputation over the years, which they did. That's why they became one of the standards in the industry. Many in the industry still recommend them as the go to source.

Unfortunately, that boat has sailed. Some time back, their service started declining and has continued a "death spiral" to the point, I'm gone. As I have learned, this issue in most cases can be laid right at the proverbial feet of ineffective, incompetent management. Without going into a long draw out explanation of the three separate events, I wanted to write this short critique to warn others, like me, to not spend your hard-earned money and hope for the best only to be frustrated and disappointed. Of course, the dilemma here is where do I go to get what I need? My advice in the case is give any other business a chance. At least for now, this one does not deserve another chance.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2016

My company has used Tiger Direct for several years with good results until the last few months. We need to return two laptops that did not meet our specifications but cannot get anyone to return our emails, phone call etc. We have a designated sales rep and he cannot be reached either. Since they sold out to this new company PCM, customer service has gone in the toilet. Will not purchase anything from Tiger in the future.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2016

I had ordered a few years ago and was amazed at the wonderful service, but that has definitely changed. I placed an order for a laptop. After I opened it I saw it was damaged and the screen was seriously cracked. I immediately called customer service. The laptop I ordered was no longer in stock and couldn't be reshipped. I asked if I could receive one of an equal or lesser value and return this one for a refund of the difference. She said no, I would have to return that one for a refund which could take up to 2 weeks to process and refund me. I asked to speak with a supervisor. After a very long wait she returned to the phone and stated that there were no supervisors working. She then told me that she would email me a blank email and send an email to have a supervisor to call me. The next day I had still not received an email or a phone call.

I call back and was on the phone for over 30 minutes waiting to speak with a supervisor. Never got to speak with one. Eventually I had to get an email address to them because I never received any of theirs. I called last week to check on my return which was delivered on 9/23/16. They said I had to allow 3 to 5 business days for the return to be processed. I asked to speak with a supervisor and was told again that there were none available. I finally asked where their call center was located and was told the Philippines. I asked if there was a number that I could call in the United States and was told no.

So basically they have no care for customers anymore. Never again will I do business again with them. I still have yet to speak with a supervisor. Guess they forgot to higher some. No wonder their stock prices are dropping. I am furious. I also sent an email to customer service on the 24th of September and have had no response to that either.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2016

I have been a business to business (B2B) customer of Tiger Direct for 5 years. Before they closed all of the brick and mortar stores I always had amazing customer service and my sales rep. greeted me by name the moment I walked through the door. After they removed the local stores the service became terrible. My last 3 orders online were rush delivery 1-2 day shipping for Laptop or Desktop computers. All 3 orders showed the items in-stock, but the day after I purchase it they change to back order. Every time I end up changing to a model available on Amazon and getting it on time. They won't even refund the overnight shipping on a back ordered item!

In my last purchase 7/5/16 they randomly decided to have UPS return the package to sender. I wasn't even notified about this. Once I noticed the package never showed up I checked the tracking and found it was returned to them. It can still be viewed on UPS tracking - **. I called them to complain and they told me I would need to re-order and would receive a refund for the first order in 3-5 business days. As of today 8/11/16 I have not received my refund. I called again and they told me that the packages had only been processed yesterday because the warehouse is very busy. This is completely ridiculous.

TigerDirect Company Information

www.tigerdirect.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use