2. Shopping
  3. Deal Websites

2.8/5 (1372 ratings)

About TigerDirect

TigerDirect Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TigerDirect?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about TigerDirect?

Original review: May 28, 2021

I ordered a new CPU for computer, received an opened used one, emailed several times was ignored, used chat option and was told to call, called and was told there is no way to prove I received a used item and basically too bad.

Original review: May 4, 2021

I wish I had read some of these other reviews before I tried to order something from TigerDirect. I ordered a headset from TigerDirect over a month ago. The next day I got an email from TigerDirect saying the item is on backorder. I decide to cancel the order and purchase it from somewhere else. I followed the directions on their website. I went to a form on their site and filled out all the required info to cancel the order.

Four hours later I check the status of my order on their site and it says it shipped. I decide to call and the customer service rep tells me they'll try to stop it from shipping but if it does ship to just refuse the package when it's delivered. That's not really an option because they just drop it at my door when I'm not home but I say ok, I'll just return it if I can't stop it myself. (Really? I have to cancel my own order this way?)

An hour after the call I get an email responding to my initial website request to cancel the order. They ask for the order number which I already entered in the website form so that's fun. I send them the order number and let them know I already spoke to a customer rep. I get the headset in the mail and I open it thinking there might be a return label in the box. There is no return label. I get on the website to fill out the website form to request a return label. I get an email the next day asking for the order number. I had entered the order number already but their terrible system doesn't seem to include it in the form.

I reply with the order number so I have to wait another couple of hours for a response. They tell me they can process the refund but there will be a 15% restocking fee for anything opened. I replied that I had opened the box but not the package inside so I don't want to get dinged for that. They reply with a question of whether I want to continue the request.

I decide to call their customer service reps again. The woman was very nice and said she made the request for a return label and I should be getting it in my email. Three days pass and I still haven't gotten a return label. I call and the rep says it can take 5 business days. Really? That long? I wait and finally get the email 5 business days after the request. I mailed back the item. They received it on the 16th of April. I decided to call about it exactly two weeks after they received it for a status. They tell me it's pending.

The next business day I call for a status and they say it's pending. The next business day I call for a status and they say it's pending. The next business day I call for a status and they say it's pending. The next business day I call for a status and they say it's pending. I asked if there was anyone else I can talk to. They said no. I plan on calling again tomorrow for a status update.

Their system should not tell me an order is back ordered if it isn't back ordered. Their customer service website should include the order number if it specifically asks for it. It should not take 5 days of awaiting approval for a return label. I should not be waiting over two weeks for a refund after they received the item. I still don't even know the amount of the return but if it's not the full amount including shipping I'll have to go back to the phone daily to request the full refund. Never ever ever ever again, TigerDirect.

Get buying tips about Deal Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 30, 2021

I placed an order for 3 MacBook air computers from TigerDirect. After placing the order and providing my credit card information I received a confirmation email stating: "Thank you for your order, YEHUDA! We’re pretty speedy when it comes to processing orders so if you need to change anything, give us a quick call at 1-888-278-4437. Keep an eye out for your shipment confirmation… You’ll have your order in no time!"

2 days later I got an update email where they buried the words cancelled. Had I not looked carefully I would have missed it. When I called to follow up they said they were oversold, even though the website made no mention of this when I placed the order. I said I could wait until they came back in stock and they refused. Instead, I was encouraged to purchase a different machine with the exact same specs but a different model number that would cost $266 more (even after a meager discount from them). How can they do this? Shouldn't they have to make it right either by getting more inventory or price matching on the identical machine which is "coincidentally" available on their website? Horrible service and poorly trained customer service representatives. Any suggestion to remedy the situation would be appreciated.

Original review: April 29, 2021

As titled, it's really a scam business tbh. They have many excuses for not fulfilling order. If you bought something on their website with discount? Good luck. Chances are that they'll cancel your order due to `Out of Stock`. If that was the case why not just prevent people from placing the order in the first place? Also, once you ordered something, you'll get a ton of spams in your inbox the second you placed the order. The whole practice is very shady.

Original review: March 23, 2021

Purchased Mac Mini from them. Received confirmation. Card was authorized. Called them to confirm that product was new with warranty, they checked the order and confirmed. For four days order is still “under review”. Called them, guy in foreign country cannot find my order. Then tells me that they out of stock and order, most likely, was canceled. Mind it, he still couldn’t find my order. Terrible service!

Original review: March 10, 2021

Tigerdirect is unfortunately a site where the buyer must beware. Placed an order for a Lenovo PC, received confirmation and applied payment. Received an email confirming order but then received an email saying that the order was still in my cart. Went back online to complete the order. Received another email confirming the order and received yet another email saying the order was still in my cart. Went on line to recheck and the order was in fact still in the cart. Tried but was unable to reach anyone to discuss and confirm the status of my order.

Of course, I received two computers. Returned one but Tigerdirect would not cover the expense of the return claiming it was my fault. I offered to show them the email chain but they were uninterested and unwilling to review the info. They also did not return any of my calls after their review. I had to call each time to learn the results of their internal reviews. I get that despite the attempt to act as if the consumer is always right, sometimes the consumer is not right. In this case, their attitude was that the consumer is never right and apparently, should never be trusted. For Tigerdirect, CONSUMER BEWARE.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2021

I purchased a Lenovo Chromebook from Tiger Direct in April, 2020. I sent it to Joyce Systems for reppair. In Jan. 2021 Joyce systems received the Chromebook. Joyce systems contacted me timely that the item was out of stock and on Jan. 22 requested I request a refund from Tiger Direct. What a nightmare, 1st Tiger Direct requested I sent to Safeware Warranty. However the warranty was for an addtional two years coverage. The warrant company turned down my request. I have called Tiger Direct several times about the refund and every time they wanted something different. This company should not be in business, because they treat their customers terrible.

Tiger Direct requested I get the Serial Number from Joyce systems. In late Janauary I still do not have my refund, I was told the refund amount would be put in my bank account, which was a lie, because they do not have that info and I would not give it to them. On Feb. 8th, I called Tiger Direct again and they said they overlooked the refund? I gave them my email and address and am still waiting for my refund and have been without the chromebook I purchased for over a month. I suggest taking your business elsewhere, this company cannot be trusted in my experience.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2021

I placed an order through Tiger Direct for a new computer monitor. However, the listing never said it was currently back ordered. After going through the payment and placing the order I get the message its currently out of stock and will ship as soon as they get more. I wasn't terribly upset over this, but I did look around some more as I needed it sooner. I found a different seller in under an hour who had it in stock so I canceled my Tiger Direct order.

A few days later I check to make sure the order is canceled as I received no information concerning my request and find I'm still on a back order purchase, no cancellation occurred. So I try again. Silence. A week later, Fed Ex texts me saying my package was delivered. Confused I find the monitor from TD on my doorstep.

I immediately call TD and ask them to process a return. I've already had the monitor from the other company for almost 2 weeks at this point and don't need a second. Except according to TD they never sent the package. I am asked to email some information so they can verify the package was theirs (what?!). So I do but again get no response back from the person I was talking to.

This leads to a series of phone calls over the course of several weeks where they proceed to tell me that they need more information they didn't ask for the first time and then tell me to wait for their vendor to approve the return. At no point do they initiate contact with me. They never follow up on the return request even when they need more info. Instead they wait for me to call and then tell me that well it's my fault for not giving all the details. PS: the monitor is still in my living room because they can't authorize a return. I am ready to see if my credit card will dispute the transaction instead.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2021

I ordered a computer. Next day I realized that the PC would not meet my needs, and I cancelled and put a better machine in my cart, to be finalized when I received credit for the mistakenly ordered machine. All I got from customer service were repeated emails asking I had talked with a customer service representative yet. Meanwhile, the original order was processes and shipped and tracking shows that it is on its way. It has been several days and still no ability to contact TigerDirect either by phone or by email. I am dismayed by the inability to contact this company regarding this matter. I will never do business with this company and will certainly advise my friends to shy away.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2021

I have been buying from them for years but now they are horrible. Don't buy anything from them if you ever expect any support, returns, or be able to contact anyone. I've never seen anything like this. I bought a computer that has some issues. They won't answer their phones or respond to emails.

TigerDirect Company Information