2. Shopping
  3. Deal Websites

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.75/5

TigerDirect Reviews

Original review: March 21, 2020

Unless you plan to have a great deal of frustration, and you have tons of money to give away, do not deal with this organization. We are filing fraud charges on them currently. They have avoided multiple inquiries about a verified RMA and we get the runaround whenever we contact TigerDirect. I would anticipate closure of this company very soon.

Resolution response: March 25, 2020

I am updating my experience with Tiger Direct. The product was delivered today, finally! The company could have done a better job or their carrier X B O could have left a note or any kind of communication about so called previous missed delivery at first attempt.

Mark
    Owner

Original review: March 19, 2020

Order of $200 (monitors) Not delivered- No follow up-so far. Please do not order from this company till I update you on their eagerness to ship my 2 monitors that TigerDirect said would be 3-5 days not at (3.5 weeks) with no communication as to what they will do to properly compensate me. I will Update all as to their lack of concern and whether they get back to my company with an acceptable story than "They were shipped March 3rd or 4th." If this has happened to You or anything close to it I would love to hear from You. I will be contacting County of Los Angeles and another effective County Protection agency and will Digitally communicate with a wide range of computer repair shops and Network companies of the cold shoulder I am receiving if it doesn't stop. My email is **.

Get expert buying tips about Deal Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 10, 2020

Ordered from them 10-12 years ago. Americans move on average once every 6 years (old stat). I came to a friends house in Florida, Ordered a computer and THEY TOOK MY MONEY EVEN THOUGH THE ADDRESS ON MY CARD AND MY OLD ADDRESS DIDN'T MATCH. Said I need to prove it... But they took my money. No computer. They have to verify with the bank that they already took the money from that it was authorized. I need to spend a day and wait for an email so that I can generate proof that I live here (I don't get mail here). Said they can't refund my money until her supervisor gets in and she doesn't come in until 11 am! Hello Amazon.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2020

I purchased an item in error from their website. I’ve been trying to return it for (5) weeks now and getting the run around. I’ve called NINE times now asking for a return authorization number over the course of 5 weeks. Each time they say “We are waiting on the vendor to give us a return number”. Let me give you a clue here... I paid Tiger Direct the $267, not the vendor. You should accept the return that you keep telling me is not denied but refuse to give me an RMA. I’ve contacted my credit card company to step in and I NEVER do that. Poorest customer service I have ever experienced from a vendor. NEVER AGAIN Tiger Direct, never! There are plenty of other places to shop to buy electronics. Terrible, terrible experience. Did I say terrible enough times? I could hire homeless people off the street and get better customer service people. I don’t appreciate being hung up on multiple times when asking questions either.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2020

Purchased an HP Laser printer TigerDirect advertised as new, but when it arrived, the box was clearly labeled refurbished. Luckily, Paypal was used to purchase because all contacts with Tigerdirect to return the item were ignored. Terrible customer service. Nonexistent! Opening a case through Paypal was the only way to get a refund, but paid $49.00 to return refurbished garbage to them in order to get it out of the lobby of the business. This business is on my "will not do business with again" list because their advertisements cannot be trusted. Bait and switch is a real thing! Tigerdirect advertised the item as new and what was received was refurbished. One star is too high a rating as Tigerdirect doesn't even deserve that.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TigerDirect?

Original review: Feb. 12, 2020

After an expensive new motherboard turned out to be defective, we tried to get it returned. Six weeks after multiple emails, most of which were us requesting follow up because we still hadn't heard back, the agent told me that I had to contact their vendor to request an RMA. When I expressed disbelief, the agent was rude and sarcastic. Seriously? They buy a product from a vendor, sell it to me, and then I have to go directly to their vendor to request a return for a defective product? Why didn't I just purchase the motherboard direct from the vendor and cut out TigerDirect, the middleman? I did phone the vendor and what a friendly, helpful, efficient group of people they turned out to be! So, perhaps I should thank TigerDirect for letting me know I shouldn't bother to use them in future, I'll just buy direct. I've logged a complaint on their system that they state is "with access directly to our president" but I'm not holding my breath for a response.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2020

Bought a New printer from Tiger Direct in October 2019, came in defective. Called them up to return, it took them about three weeks to send me an authorization to return. I then found out I have to pay for shipping it back, cost $37.00. Initial cost of the printer was $150 plus $36 extended warranty. I also had to pay 15% restocking fee. I just got my refund back to my debit card, 1/11/2020, three months later, and of course not the whole thing, and after at least a dozen phone calls and them hanging up on me, and false promises. This is the worst company ever and I am WARNING everyone to stay away. You do not want this treatment, pay the extra money and buy from a legitimate company. WARNING: STAY AWAY, STAY AWAY, STAY AWAY, STAY AWAY.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2020

I received a defective computer system from Tiger Direct. I only discovered the defect (camera not working) after spending a great deal of time migrating files and settings from my old system to the new one and installing programs such a Microsoft Office, my email program etc.. Because I didn't want to have to start over with setting up a replacement system, I decided I would live with the system without a working camera. I asked for a refund for part of the system price to compensate for the defective system. But I was told they would only replace the defective system or provide a $10 credit to my account for use on my next purchase, but the credit would be good for only two weeks. I was told "Take it or leave it!" That kind of customer service is wholly unacceptable!

Original review: Jan. 11, 2020

I do not agree with all the bad reviews I have seen. I have bought parts from Tiger Direct for years and found great prices and good service. I recently bought a refurbished computer which had a bad DVD player. They offered to send a new dvd but I chose to return the whole thing. I shipped it according to their instructions and received a full refund promptly. Another time a really cheap sound card failed within a year and they replaced it with a better one. I feel this is a great company with great customer service.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2020

I ordered a Brand New HP Laptop from Tigerdirect, only to receive the laptop a few days later with a torn nylon wrap and a "Property of LPL Financial" asset tag affix to the bottom of the laptop. I contacted the customer service about this, only to be told that the laptop is new and that all their new laptops must have an asset tag (this I will understand if I ordered a refurbished laptop, but not on a brand new laptop!). And that, if returned, I will be charged a 15% restocking fee! Why will I ordered and pay for a brand new laptop and received it with a "Property of LPL Financial" asset tag on it? And you want to charge me 15% restocking fee for returning it? THIS IS A RIP-OFF, A FRAUD and A SCAM!!!! I NEED MY FULL REFUND!!!! It's been a few days since I contacted the customer service for Return Authorization Label, this is yet to be received. BUYERS BEWARE!

TigerDirect Company Information