Looking for a deal website?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

3.86/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

TigerDirect Reviews

Original review: Dec. 8, 2019

Supposedly with the manufacturer warranty which turns out to be quire inaccurate. The refurbisher is no manufacturer. It repair and sells the computers through various distributors. And they only offer a 90 day warranty. Far less than Dell's 1 year on refurbished computers. In addition the terms and conditions of return are onerous. By the time you get through them the 30 days to return the item has passed and you are stuck. Poor way of conducting business. They also ignore unsubscribe requests.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2019

I have been trying to return a keyboard for about a week, I have spoken with about 6 different customer service agents during the span of 4-5 days. Some of the agents blatantly hung up on me when following up on my return authorization status, other agents have brought up various other reasons as to why my return authorization is delayed. It is clear to me that they are purposely making it difficult to return items, against their documented return policy, therefore their practices are extremely unethical. I am willing to pay restocking charge and pay for the return shipping I just want to be done with this company once and for all!

Get expert buying tips about Deal Websites delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Nov. 8, 2019

I purchased a monitor for $160. in May of 2014 and somehow they added a subscription for discounts and (other benefits) for future purchases at rate of $16.66/mo. of which I had no idea. I have checked all emails back to 2014 and have found no evidence of its existence. Today I noticed a 16.99 charge (October 2019) on my credit card. I called the credit card listing number and canceled this hidden subscription. I have never purchased anything from TigerDirect site since that date. This hidden account over the years cost me well over $1000. I normally contribute yearly to the River Bend Foodbank, Davenport, IA and the way I see it they have taken 5,000 meals from the underfed families of the bi-state area (26 counties)!! I Just hope they have a very merry corporate Christmas. How low can you go!! God must have a very special place for you. Jim P.S. Can you make up the difference? https://riverbendfoodbank.org

Original review: Oct. 28, 2019

This company is terrible! I placed three separate orders on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, totaling close to $2000. I paid for overnight shipping. My overnight order will not be here till next Wednesday, the largest order is out of stock and will not ship for another week. 2 out of 3 orders delayed due to poor management. None of this, of course, is made clear on the website. When asked to speak to a supervisor I was hung up on. When I finally spoke to Lenard (**) I asked for a single reason why I should keep my order with them. The supervisor literally could not give me a reason to do business with them. This is the result of outsourced customer service. This company doesn't work on the weekends either! Absolutely terrible experience and the entire time I didn't hear a sorry, or even an offer to refund my overnight shipping that takes 2-3 days. BUYER BEWARE. DO NOT SHOP HERE!!!

Original review: Sept. 9, 2019

TigerDirect has archaic shipping policies. They try to “verify” the person’s address who the product is being shipped to through a faulty system. I was unable to ship a computer to my daughter, who is attending UCLA, because they couldn’t verify she lived at the address I wanted the computer shipped to. VERY FRUSTRATING. If you are buying a gift and want it shipped to an address that is different from the billing address you should buy from some other company to save yourself huge amounts of frustration.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TigerDirect?

Original review: Sept. 6, 2019

My first experience with TigerDirect was probably 25 or 30 years ago when they offered a Windows 3.11 and Ami Pro bundle that moved me from DOS to Windows. But now and for as long as I can remember, "REFURBISHED" is all they sell. I've unsubscribed from their emails (for what good THAT will do to stop them) and, from what I read in the other reviews, "REFURBISHED" does NOT mean to look and perform as new. I'm not sure in whose basement or garage their products are "REFURBISHED," but it sounds like it's not at the OEM. Until TigerDirect gets away from reselling original owners' problems, I'll blacklist anything they send me after unsubscribing.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2019

Bought a hard drive and it showed up damaged. TigerDirect ultimately refused to provide any support whatsoever. Would not accept the drive as a return, would not exchange for a new one. They pointed me to the manufacturer's website and would not provide any help at all... Don't buy from them.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2019

Hi, I was seeking a good used laptop in order to give public presentations. A friend recommended TigerDirect. I bought the best one they had on the site at over $500. Next up was loading it with Microsoft Office and learning powerpoint. All well and good so far. Had to learn powerpoint. Did so. Diligently worked on presentation. Needed to purchase Display Port - HDMI cord. Picked up a new cord at Fry's and went to my presentation. Thirty people waited while I tried to get the presentation to show. No luck. It would NOT connect. Had to reschedule. Embarrassing. Had it checked out. Display port was non-functional and maybe impossible to fix. Now need to go purchase another laptop to do the presentation.

Another problem is that the power cord is sloppy. Doesn't fit tightly. Ok most of the time, but at times, I thought it was ok but then the computer quit working even when plugged in. Apparently battery was draining whole time it was plugged in. Also Caps key doesn't light up. No way to know if it is actually on or not until one sees the text that comes out. I really expected a refurbished computer that I paid more than $500 for would be good. Live and learn. Sorry to pass on a bad review. I hate doing that, but people should know. Good luck to the rest of you.

Original review: July 21, 2019

Purchased a refurbished Dell E7275 laptop from TigerDirect 5/25/19. Received defective product, and filed claim to return under warranty statement. FIRST.. I needed to email pictures of defect to Joy Systems (owns TigerDirect). Any # of customer service reps promised action and or results after I had mailed photos, without any confirmation. Finally on June 12 received RMA, and followed instructions to return. After a number of calls to "Joy", began the dispute process with PayPal. PayPal as always comes through, and on July 9 received refund from "Joy Systems". If you want the "Joy" taken out of any purchase from TigerDirect, do not do business with TigerDirect or Joy Systems.

Original review: June 6, 2019

Wow so ordered a laptop on Sunday. Two day delivery guaranteed. That tuesday ....nope!! Oh it will come Thursday they say....nope!! Didn't come all weekend. Call Sunday. She says it’s on pause because I got a different billing address from shipping address and asks who my landlord is on the third call!! Ask for refund "oh be about 24 to 48 hours" - nope!!!! Week and a half later trying to get my 600$!!!! Call the fourth time asking where the money is. She denies ever talking to me and calls me a liar!!!! Says 24 to 48 hours again. Three days later here I am on a 30 minute call to her quote unquote supervisor!!! Very shady. Stay away!!! TigerDirect is not the same!!

TigerDirect Company Information