Looking for a deal website?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

3.89/5

TigerDirect Reviews

Original review: Sept. 9, 2019

TigerDirect has archaic shipping policies. They try to “verify” the person’s address who the product is being shipped to through a faulty system. I was unable to ship a computer to my daughter, who is attending UCLA, because they couldn’t verify she lived at the address I wanted the computer shipped to. VERY FRUSTRATING. If you are buying a gift and want it shipped to an address that is different from the billing address you should buy from some other company to save yourself huge amounts of frustration.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2019

My first experience with TigerDirect was probably 25 or 30 years ago when they offered a Windows 3.11 and Ami Pro bundle that moved me from DOS to Windows. But now and for as long as I can remember, "REFURBISHED" is all they sell. I've unsubscribed from their emails (for what good THAT will do to stop them) and, from what I read in the other reviews, "REFURBISHED" does NOT mean to look and perform as new. I'm not sure in whose basement or garage their products are "REFURBISHED," but it sounds like it's not at the OEM. Until TigerDirect gets away from reselling original owners' problems, I'll blacklist anything they send me after unsubscribing.

Get expert buying tips about Deal Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2019

Bought a hard drive and it showed up damaged. TigerDirect ultimately refused to provide any support whatsoever. Would not accept the drive as a return, would not exchange for a new one. They pointed me to the manufacturer's website and would not provide any help at all... Don't buy from them.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2019

Hi, I was seeking a good used laptop in order to give public presentations. A friend recommended TigerDirect. I bought the best one they had on the site at over $500. Next up was loading it with Microsoft Office and learning powerpoint. All well and good so far. Had to learn powerpoint. Did so. Diligently worked on presentation. Needed to purchase Display Port - HDMI cord. Picked up a new cord at Fry's and went to my presentation. Thirty people waited while I tried to get the presentation to show. No luck. It would NOT connect. Had to reschedule. Embarrassing. Had it checked out. Display port was non-functional and maybe impossible to fix. Now need to go purchase another laptop to do the presentation.

Another problem is that the power cord is sloppy. Doesn't fit tightly. Ok most of the time, but at times, I thought it was ok but then the computer quit working even when plugged in. Apparently battery was draining whole time it was plugged in. Also Caps key doesn't light up. No way to know if it is actually on or not until one sees the text that comes out. I really expected a refurbished computer that I paid more than $500 for would be good. Live and learn. Sorry to pass on a bad review. I hate doing that, but people should know. Good luck to the rest of you.

Original review: July 21, 2019

Purchased a refurbished Dell E7275 laptop from TigerDirect 5/25/19. Received defective product, and filed claim to return under warranty statement. FIRST.. I needed to email pictures of defect to Joy Systems (owns TigerDirect). Any # of customer service reps promised action and or results after I had mailed photos, without any confirmation. Finally on June 12 received RMA, and followed instructions to return. After a number of calls to "Joy", began the dispute process with PayPal. PayPal as always comes through, and on July 9 received refund from "Joy Systems". If you want the "Joy" taken out of any purchase from TigerDirect, do not do business with TigerDirect or Joy Systems.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TigerDirect?

Original review: June 6, 2019

Wow so ordered a laptop on Sunday. Two day delivery guaranteed. That tuesday ....nope!! Oh it will come Thursday they say....nope!! Didn't come all weekend. Call Sunday. She says it’s on pause because I got a different billing address from shipping address and asks who my landlord is on the third call!! Ask for refund "oh be about 24 to 48 hours" - nope!!!! Week and a half later trying to get my 600$!!!! Call the fourth time asking where the money is. She denies ever talking to me and calls me a liar!!!! Says 24 to 48 hours again. Three days later here I am on a 30 minute call to her quote unquote supervisor!!! Very shady. Stay away!!! TigerDirect is not the same!!

Original review: May 31, 2019

I have had an active account with TigerDirect for my business since 2010. I have had nothing but great experience from them. They are a great local reseller with great products for great prices and I always receive them within a reasonable about of time. I came to this page and saw all the negative reviews. I had to share my experience because every company has their flaws. But this is a good company and I think this page just shows all the bad. But people with something negative to say are usually more likely to go through the trouble of making a review. So this is just all bad exposure... There's nothing wrong with this company. They don't scam anyone. They are just trying to run a business....

Original review: May 22, 2019

I placed an order and it took 5 business days to process the order. I called and told them if not 5 days after my call to cancel warehouse distribution shipment. The rep put it in the system to cancel immediately. They shipped the order within my timeline for shipping and I willing to accept. The order came to my city and was return to the warehouse because of customer service error. They offered to reship with free shipping; at that time I had ordered another computer from Newegg and had my tracking number. TigerDirect have some customer service reps that don't speak good English. I had problems getting my rep to understand basic instructions. I recommend Micro Center, Costco, Walmart, Newegg, Fry's, and Sam's for all your computer needs.

Original review: May 15, 2019

So I placed a order with TigerDirect. The item was on back order which wasn’t a problem for me. Two weeks pass after placing the order and I receive a email from job Asunción stating that I need to fill out a corporation gift form stating that what I ordered is a promotional product. I called the customer service number to get clarification on what exactly this email is about. The customer representative that I spoke to told me that he was not sure what the email was indicating and after repeating my phone number told me that I would receive a call back explaining what the email was about.

I let four hours pass and I receive no return phone call, so I called customer service back myself. This time there is a woman who answers that I can barely hear because of all the background noise on her end of the line, plus for some reason she kept taking long pauses to reply to my questions. I asked her if I could possibly speak to a manager or supervisor and the woman hung up on me. I now call back and speak to a different woman, which once again I ask if I may speak to a manager or supervisor about my order and all the confusion to go along with it. She informs me that the supervisor is on lunch break, so she takes my number and tells me that he will call me back in a half hour. I proceed to wait a hour and a half and guess what, no return call from the supervisor.

Now I call one last time to cancel my order because of all the hassle and runaround I have been given. They act surprised that I want to cancel my order and start making excuses that it’s difficult to cancel my order because it had started shipment already. Funny that when I checked the order status before I even called it was still on back order and no shipment date was available. Through all the calls I made I was courteous and used no foul language or raised my voice but I was still treated very poorly.

In my opinion this company is not a trustworthy site to make any purchases from ever! When I asked for a confirmation number or email stating that my order is canceled I was told they don’t do that. I then mentioned that if I receive a charge on my credit card for the item that I canceled that I would press charges for credit card theft and fraud. Suddenly the customer service rep said he was going to make it up to me and send me a cancellation email. Scam website? I think so, you have been warned!

Original review: May 6, 2019

Stay away from this place! Crooks I've place an order on April 1st and 2 hard drives arrived in a box few days later. One of them turned out to be defective, which does happen from time to time. I called TigerDirect and said it’s defective and my NAS is rejecting it as it fails basic SMART test and that I'd like to return it and was told that I have to call Western Digital and file an RMA there for warranty process. And then call them back once I have the RMA from Western Digital with the number and only then they'll take it back; so I did. I shipped it back right away and week later I get an email "When am I going to ship it back?" What? Thank god for tracking numbers. I responded, “You've already had it for nearly a week, it was signed by so and so at the dock as received.” Ok, no response.

I call back about a refund and I'm told 10 days from the time it is received. So I waited 3 weeks and no refund. Called again and nobody has a clue. They'll escalate the case so that "somebody" might look at it and call me back. You guessed it, nobody ever calls back! Month into the ordeal since order date and there was no refund. Every time you call, they'll hang up on you. You'll have to call 2-3 times to get somebody who won't click on you. Never again from me. Save yourself grief and order somewhere else. The only reason I ordered from this place is because they had a hard drive that is no longer in production and they had 5 year old stock. Learned my lesson.

TigerDirect Company Information