2. Shopping
  3. Deal Websites

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.85/5

Looking for a deal website?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Looking for a deal website?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

TigerDirect Reviews

Original review: Jan. 19, 2020

Bought a New printer from Tiger Direct in October 2019, came in defective. Called them up to return, it took them about three weeks to send me an authorization to return. I then found out I have to pay for shipping it back, cost $37.00. Initial cost of the printer was $150 plus $36 extended warranty. I also had to pay 15% restocking fee. I just got my refund back to my debit card, 1/11/2020, three months later, and of course not the whole thing, and after at least a dozen phone calls and them hanging up on me, and false promises. This is the worst company ever and I am WARNING everyone to stay away. You do not want this treatment, pay the extra money and buy from a legitimate company. WARNING: STAY AWAY, STAY AWAY, STAY AWAY, STAY AWAY.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2020

I received a defective computer system from Tiger Direct. I only discovered the defect (camera not working) after spending a great deal of time migrating files and settings from my old system to the new one and installing programs such a Microsoft Office, my email program etc.. Because I didn't want to have to start over with setting up a replacement system, I decided I would live with the system without a working camera. I asked for a refund for part of the system price to compensate for the defective system. But I was told they would only replace the defective system or provide a $10 credit to my account for use on my next purchase, but the credit would be good for only two weeks. I was told "Take it or leave it!" That kind of customer service is wholly unacceptable!

Get expert buying tips about Deal Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2020

I do not agree with all the bad reviews I have seen. I have bought parts from Tiger Direct for years and found great prices and good service. I recently bought a refurbished computer which had a bad DVD player. They offered to send a new dvd but I chose to return the whole thing. I shipped it according to their instructions and received a full refund promptly. Another time a really cheap sound card failed within a year and they replaced it with a better one. I feel this is a great company with great customer service.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2020

I ordered a Brand New HP Laptop from Tigerdirect, only to receive the laptop a few days later with a torn nylon wrap and a "Property of LPL Financial" asset tag affix to the bottom of the laptop. I contacted the customer service about this, only to be told that the laptop is new and that all their new laptops must have an asset tag (this I will understand if I ordered a refurbished laptop, but not on a brand new laptop!). And that, if returned, I will be charged a 15% restocking fee! Why will I ordered and pay for a brand new laptop and received it with a "Property of LPL Financial" asset tag on it? And you want to charge me 15% restocking fee for returning it? THIS IS A RIP-OFF, A FRAUD and A SCAM!!!! I NEED MY FULL REFUND!!!! It's been a few days since I contacted the customer service for Return Authorization Label, this is yet to be received. BUYERS BEWARE!

Original review: Dec. 8, 2019

Supposedly with the manufacturer warranty which turns out to be quire inaccurate. The refurbisher is no manufacturer. It repair and sells the computers through various distributors. And they only offer a 90 day warranty. Far less than Dell's 1 year on refurbished computers. In addition the terms and conditions of return are onerous. By the time you get through them the 30 days to return the item has passed and you are stuck. Poor way of conducting business. They also ignore unsubscribe requests.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TigerDirect?

Original review: Nov. 22, 2019

I have been trying to return a keyboard for about a week, I have spoken with about 6 different customer service agents during the span of 4-5 days. Some of the agents blatantly hung up on me when following up on my return authorization status, other agents have brought up various other reasons as to why my return authorization is delayed. It is clear to me that they are purposely making it difficult to return items, against their documented return policy, therefore their practices are extremely unethical. I am willing to pay restocking charge and pay for the return shipping I just want to be done with this company once and for all!

Original review: Nov. 8, 2019

I purchased a monitor for $160. in May of 2014 and somehow they added a subscription for discounts and (other benefits) for future purchases at rate of $16.66/mo. of which I had no idea. I have checked all emails back to 2014 and have found no evidence of its existence. Today I noticed a 16.99 charge (October 2019) on my credit card. I called the credit card listing number and canceled this hidden subscription. I have never purchased anything from TigerDirect site since that date. This hidden account over the years cost me well over $1000. I normally contribute yearly to the River Bend Foodbank, Davenport, IA and the way I see it they have taken 5,000 meals from the underfed families of the bi-state area (26 counties)!! I Just hope they have a very merry corporate Christmas. How low can you go!! God must have a very special place for you. Jim P.S. Can you make up the difference? https://riverbendfoodbank.org

Original review: Oct. 28, 2019

This company is terrible! I placed three separate orders on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, totaling close to $2000. I paid for overnight shipping. My overnight order will not be here till next Wednesday, the largest order is out of stock and will not ship for another week. 2 out of 3 orders delayed due to poor management. None of this, of course, is made clear on the website. When asked to speak to a supervisor I was hung up on. When I finally spoke to Lenard (**) I asked for a single reason why I should keep my order with them. The supervisor literally could not give me a reason to do business with them. This is the result of outsourced customer service. This company doesn't work on the weekends either! Absolutely terrible experience and the entire time I didn't hear a sorry, or even an offer to refund my overnight shipping that takes 2-3 days. BUYER BEWARE. DO NOT SHOP HERE!!!

Original review: Sept. 9, 2019

TigerDirect has archaic shipping policies. They try to “verify” the person’s address who the product is being shipped to through a faulty system. I was unable to ship a computer to my daughter, who is attending UCLA, because they couldn’t verify she lived at the address I wanted the computer shipped to. VERY FRUSTRATING. If you are buying a gift and want it shipped to an address that is different from the billing address you should buy from some other company to save yourself huge amounts of frustration.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2019

My first experience with TigerDirect was probably 25 or 30 years ago when they offered a Windows 3.11 and Ami Pro bundle that moved me from DOS to Windows. But now and for as long as I can remember, "REFURBISHED" is all they sell. I've unsubscribed from their emails (for what good THAT will do to stop them) and, from what I read in the other reviews, "REFURBISHED" does NOT mean to look and perform as new. I'm not sure in whose basement or garage their products are "REFURBISHED," but it sounds like it's not at the OEM. Until TigerDirect gets away from reselling original owners' problems, I'll blacklist anything they send me after unsubscribing.

Not sure about TigerDirect?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right Deal Websites for you.

TigerDirect Company Information