2. Shopping

Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.80/5
Based on 1,350 ratings

TigerDirect Learn More

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

TigerDirect Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TigerDirect?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about TigerDirect?

Original review: July 28, 2020

I ordered a refurbished HP 820 G3 laptop item 42128093 from TigerDirect (sell by HPI). The display resolution only support 1366x768 and not as advertised for FHD 1920x1080. I have been requesting for return and refund for 4 weeks now. TigerDirect has requested RMA from HPI and no response. I requested TigerDirect to correct the laptop feature description not to cheat the other customer like my case. TigerDirect does nothing. The laptop is still advertised with the FHD 1920x1080 feature and keep cheating other customer. I wrote review feedback about this laptop and got rejected. That's why there is still no review for this laptop. Do not buy from TigerDirect or HPI.

Original review: June 26, 2020

I ordered 2 computers from Tiger Direct. I received 1 which was a used refurbished HP 360. The 2nd computer is a $700 HP Desktop and it never showed. After I reported it never arrived from the tracking. I called Tiger Direct let them know. They said they had confirmation it was delivered by UPS. That's is great because I had it shipped to a UPS store to avoid issues. The UPS store said it never arrived. UPS has opened an investigation. I have followed up every week for last 5 weeks and still cannot get a refund or a replacement for their lost order. Every time I reach out they tell me there is an investigation going on. Waste of time and money. Will never use ever again.

Get buying tips about Deal Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 25, 2020

We have used TigerDirect for our Business for nearly two decades, but this was the first time we needed to return a purchase. We found the laptop computer we ordered was not the one our company needed, so I contacted customer service. After waiting for nearly 10 minutes for a representative, I was informed it would take 10-15 days to get a Return Authorization, we would be charged a 15% restocking fee (because we actually opened the box w/ the computer in it), and I was responsible for return shipping. Sadly, there is no reason for us to ever use TigerDirect again...their service and return policies are too outdated.

Original review: June 12, 2020

I purchased a motherboard from this company because it said "Available" "In Stock". After I paid $200, it read "Back-ordered" "Not in Stock". I called to cancel and a refund. They said it already shipped...and it is almost there? How is that possible? I just cancelled the order. So, instead of refunding me, they charged me again..for the exact same amount. So, now I just paid $400 for a motherboard I am not going to get. They refused to refund me, even though the UPS tracking # clearly shows it went back to their warehouse. This company is horrible and fraudulent. They know it, and don't care. Avoid them at all cost!!!!

Original review: June 10, 2020

We recently purchased an MSI laptop from Tiger Direct. From the beginning, the transaction was a mess. First, my Tiger Direct Account shows no record of the transaction. The shipping took over a week and 1/2, and it took TD the better part of a week just to locate the shipment and send me a tracking number. Finally received the computer and it has a faulty network card and keyboard issues. I called to get an RMA and was told to call MSI to get the return authorization. I tried to call MSI, and not one of the phone numbers TD gave me worked. I emails Tiger Direct and they gave me yet another non-working number. I finally emailed and got a return authorization from MSI.

I sent replied back to the email that TD sent me instructing me to get the return authorization from MSI. The response? "Tiger Direct has to get the return authorization, not you". It was as if the customer service person forgot what they had instructed me to do AND failed to read their own email at the bottom of the chain. I replied that I had done everything they told me to do, and to send me an address to return the computer. I have not received a response. I finally called my credit card company and told them what was happening. They are disputing the charge and have credited my account. However, I still have a $700 paperweight and I cannot get TD to even send me an address to return the thing to. If my experience is any indication, this company is not a good company to deal with. If my experience is common, they may not be in business much longer, making them an even riskier choice for doing business with.

Original review: June 1, 2020

Terrible products & customer service. I bought a refurbished Hewlett Packard CPU in April of 2020. It arrived and would not connect to my existing Acer monitor. I bought several sets of cables, nothing worked. I went back to TigerDirect and bought a new Hewlett Packard monitor. 2 days later they informed me it wasn't available anymore. I bought a different refurbished Hewlett Packard monitor. It arrived a week later and was visibly damaged. I hooked it up anyway and yes, the screen is cracked from no packing materials in the shipping box. A loose power cord and a cable were thrown in the box for good measure. I contacted TigerDirect after a half hour wait time and the girl that answered kept saying she couldn't hear me, I hung up. I immediately called back, another 30 minute wait/hold time and I was told that I would have to contact Joy Systems to get a case number, which I did.

Now, after calling TigerDirect back to give them the case number I have been on hold for over 40 minutes and finally a recording comes on and tells me to call back another time or contact them on their website. I now have 3 different websites involved with these returns, I don't want any of their products. Do yourself a favor and avoid this company. I have been a customer since 2009. What happened to them? I feel like I am on a mission now to get my money back.

Original review: May 22, 2020

I ordered a laptop that was rated A+ as a refurbished machine. When it arrived it would not hold its charge. In order to return I had to go through a subsidiary of theirs called Joy Systems which provided me with a RMA# which is what I needed to give to TigerDirect so they could process the return. I'm not sure why we have to do this and they don't do it internally but I did as I was told. 1 month later and 6 phone calls (You can't e-mail TigerDirect with a Gmail account) I still do not have even the Return label. I'm out over $500 and they just keep telling me they need more time to process. Very disappointed.

Original review: May 15, 2020

I purchased this gaming monitor online on 04/17/20 and paid extra for 2-day shipping, upon receiving the monitor I hooked it up and it is clearly damaged and will not function. 2 hours after it was dropped off I called and emailed Mariel from the customer service team. She asked for a photo and I sent the below and said she would process the return and that it would take 5-7 days for a return label. I did not hear back from them at all so I contacted them via email on 04-29. Again, no response so I tried again on 05-04 with still no response. I then tried calling the number on the email signature to call my account executive (Which has a different company name "PCM" on the signature). I was given the run around and was told I had to leave messages which were never returned.

A couple days later I tried contacting Tiger Direct customer service again and ended up getting my Account Exec on the phone who told me their phone system and email service has been down and they have not received my messages. She said that PCM owns TigerDirect now and that their systems are being merged so nobody can help me. Mariel (the account exec) then told me I needed to contact Asus and get a return number. I did that and their phone system was down because of the pandemic so I had to explain that it was damaged and not that it was plugged in wrong via a virtual chat.

I provided this to Mariel almost 10 days ago and I have still not received a return label or any indication that they are going to refund my money that they have been holding onto for over a month since I originally contacted them. Their management has not and will not return my calls or emails. I now feel that I have been robbed by this company for over $700.00 and I fear I will not ever get my money back.

I have purchased from Tiger Direct in the past from their retail stores and I have never had any issues such as these. It is ridiculous that I can only speak to 1 person about my order and they are treating me like I am a business and not a consumer. I can go return something to Best Buy the same day I buy it without this headache. I actually already went to Microcenter and bought the same monitor from them in the store with no issues the same day I received the item from Tiger Direct. I will never do business with Tiger Direct again and I recommend nobody else does either.

Original review: March 21, 2020

Unless you plan to have a great deal of frustration, and you have tons of money to give away, do not deal with this organization. We are filing fraud charges on them currently. They have avoided multiple inquiries about a verified RMA and we get the runaround whenever we contact TigerDirect. I would anticipate closure of this company very soon.

Resolution response: March 25, 2020

I am updating my experience with Tiger Direct. The product was delivered today, finally! The company could have done a better job or their carrier X B O could have left a note or any kind of communication about so called previous missed delivery at first attempt.

Mark
    Owner

Original review: March 19, 2020

Order of $200 (monitors) Not delivered- No follow up-so far. Please do not order from this company till I update you on their eagerness to ship my 2 monitors that TigerDirect said would be 3-5 days not at (3.5 weeks) with no communication as to what they will do to properly compensate me. I will Update all as to their lack of concern and whether they get back to my company with an acceptable story than "They were shipped March 3rd or 4th." If this has happened to You or anything close to it I would love to hear from You. I will be contacting County of Los Angeles and another effective County Protection agency and will Digitally communicate with a wide range of computer repair shops and Network companies of the cold shoulder I am receiving if it doesn't stop. My email is **.

TigerDirect Company Information