2.8/5 (1390 ratings)

About TigerDirect

TigerDirect Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TigerDirect?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about TigerDirect?

Original review: Sept. 12, 2022

I ordered a firewall from this website and paid for 2 days' delivery. After 3 days the Item didn't arrive and upon checking with support the item was out of stock. I didn't get any email or phone call updates from them and I had to check the status of this item myself. They don't only didn't update me about the issue but the website still allows you to buy the same exact product and choose 2 days of delivery; while everyone knows the product is out of stock. TigerDirect is a SCAM.

Original review: July 25, 2022

Only order from TigerDirect if you do not care if or when you ever receive your order. They used to be great, but apparently they cannot compete with Amazon, Walmart, others. A week has passed and they still have no idea why they haven't shipped my order. This was the one time I strayed from Amazon... Never again.

Get buying tips about Deal Websites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 14, 2022

I purchased a cord for a Seagate Hard Drive. When it arrived, I plugged it in, but it didn't work. I thought it might have been the hard drive, so I took the drive and cord to a local computer repair shop. The computer repair shop determined that the cord was bad. I purchased a new cord from the repair shop and have had no problems with the hard drive. I notified TigerDirect and since the 30-day time limit had expired on returns they were not interested in my feedback or refunding me.

Original review: June 10, 2022

Date: 04-06-2022 until 06-10-2022. Issue: I'll make this as simple as possible. We ordered 2 UPS in 2 different orders on 04-06-2022 that showed as "In Stock." We were given a delivery date in April around the 15th. Order did not come. Contacted cs by phone. New delivery date on 05-29-2022. Order did not come. Contacted cs by phone - given new delivery date - I asked if this date was absolute and ironclad - they assured me it was.

New delivery date on 06-10-2022. Today is the 10th. I called support and asked them if this order is still going to arrive today - our clients who have been waiting for over 2 months. They said no. New date, the 14th. I said give me a manager. They said they'll call you back. I said no, I'll hold...1 hour and 20 minutes, nothing. Still no call from a manager.

This is the worst customer service and the worst management of a company of this scale I have seen. We will never do business with TD again. I requested a refund for my client. I have no expectation they will actually do it. They have openly lied each step of this process. I have no faith in this company and I hope this dissuades others from ever doing business here again.

Original review: April 26, 2022

I purchase Apple Airpod Max Headphones from TigerDirect. Two days after receiving them I decided to send them back, the quality just isn't there for $500. My Airpod Pro had better sound and noise canceling. I checked on Tiger's site and could not find how to start the process of returning an item. Apparently, you must call. I spoke to customer support and they said since your item is not defective we're going to charge you a 15% restocking fee, which is $75 and I'm responsible for shipping back, probably another $25 due to the weight of the box.

As you can imagine, I was not happy and asked to speak with a supervisor. I waited on hold for over 45 mins for her to return and say "I can't find anyone right now, we will call you back in an hour". That was five days ago. I called back on Friday (4/22), she said we must get the return approved, we will call you back in 24 hours, that was 4 days ago. This is a complete joke. Do not waste your precious time with this BOBO company, spend a few dollars more and have complete peace of mind. I will never order from TigerDirect again and let others know as well.

Original review: March 16, 2022

Awful money-grubbing company. I’ve been without a computer for 3 months because internally they produce broken computers and have terrible customer service with their ADATA manufacture. Overall, I’ve probably made we’ll over 30 calls and collectively over 8 hours on the phone with them. I ordered a Xenia laptop which was great at first, but after a week of using it, the screen became distorted and no matter what I did, it did not fix it. I called about 7 times and every time they gave me a different answer and how to return it, whether I needed approval from the manufacturer and more. To top it off, they never followed up with their calls while they constantly told me they would via call or email. It took me a month before they let me send it back and before they wanted pictures of the packaging which I had fortunately saved. I ever took the Xenia laptop beyond my room or even treated it the abuse that typical laptops would weather, but it broke regardless.

It took a month before I received a new computer and at first it was fine as well, but I would try to play a standard FPS game (Overwatch) and the screen would suddenly power off. I thought maybe it was the power saving or maybe it needed a hard-reset, but no- nothing I did fixed it. So I had to call every day over 4 weeks to finally get an answer. At this point I wanted a refund and they said that would be good. I waited 3 business days before calling back (they told me 24 hrs) that my refund had been denied because it was beyond the return date which mind you, expired while the first computer that broke was in transit to be replaced. The lady then had the audacity to say I should have read the fine print and I told her that I didn’t expect their computer to break on me twice and for me to need a third replacement.

These two returns occurred between the months of Oct. 20th, 2021 to Feb. 7th, 2022 and I was in my final semester of college without a computer and $1300, so they royally ** me. Not only were they inconsistent with their communication, but they were rude, never gave me the right directions, made me pay for return shipping the second time (no clue why it was free for the first if this was policy), gave me 3 incorrect phone numbers to the manufacturing company where they said I needed a warranty number and so I had to call the next day to tell them their extension numbers were wrong (while explaining the 2nd replacement because they always confused the first).

So, I never got my money back, got a third computer I ended up selling at a huge loss and they were rude to me the entire time, even when I was on the brink of tears with frustration. So do yourself a favor, for the love of God do not purchase from Tiger Direct. They are God awful. Spend your money on a company that values their customers and won’t send them on a wild goose chase for 4 months.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2022

I purchased a 6TB WD (Black) internal SATA hard drive from TigerDirect. The drive was DOA, not even being recognized in BIOS, and was making a strange click noise. Based on my field experience, this is a defective hard drive, so I proceeded to initiate the return process as per their policy. Part of that policy, is to contact Western Digital (WD), and conduct troubleshooting efforts with said manufacturer - which I did, and resulted in a confirmation that the product is indeed defective. I re-contacted TigerDirect with said WD Case Number from WD and the RA process was granted. They included the RA # and a return shipping label. The defective drive was repackaged in original packaging and returned as instructed.

Upon TigerDirect receiving the drive back (and here is the fraud), it was communicated to me that my return/refund claim has been denied due to physical damage to the external SATA connector on said drive (implicating customer-caused damage). I received photos, and sure-enough it looks like someone inflect physical damage to the drive’s SATA pins, as 3 of the 7 are protruding/bent away from the SATA connector plastic. I am in a complete state-of-shock, in that a company like this would either accidentally or intentionally damage my returned item and blame it on me. Understand, this was a clever “he said she said” and nobody will ever prove whom cause said damage in the photo. Well, I am posting this as a one hundred percent honest account. I believe either TigerDirect (or RA dept. employee(s)) are perpetrating a scam, in such that they guarantee not having to honor their stated return policy, which makes this company falsely representative.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2022

I think this is one of the better PC/auto parts online sites. They do have a huge selection of products to choose from. Like memory or graphics cards. Lots of desktops, laptops, modems and speakers new and used everything. I think this site will be around for a long time to come. God bless.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2022

I purchased my computer from Tiger Direct September 26 2021. The computer arrived damaged and didn't work. I had to send pictures, I did. No response. I called in they said they needed more pictures, I supplied them...4 times. I started the claim process on October 8th the day I received the computer. Then I contacted them again on Oct 12,13,14,18, 29. Then again on Nov 6,11,14,15, 20, 29. Then again on Dec 8, 16 and 27. And today January 3, 2022. Still no response.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2021

Place an order on September 27 after confirming the item I needed was in stock by phone. I emphasized the importance of receiving the item within the next 4 to 5 business days as I needed it for work. After seeing that the item still had not shipped after 3 days, I called again to check in about the shipping status. I was told not to worry and it would ship in time. The rep basically brushed me off like I was an inconvenience and I was impatient. I gave her the benefit of the doubt and I waited a few more days and the item STILL hadn’t shipped. So I called in October 4th to cancel my order. I also followed up by sending an email right after to make sure it got done. I then placed my order elsewhere so I wouldn’t have my time wasted any longer.

On October 27 I received an email that my product was being shipped out and that my account had been charged. - A whole month later after I had made the purchase!!! Thank God I didn’t didn’t trust them or I’d still be here holding my breath. I called immediately and asked them why it was being shipped after I canceled by phone and email. I was told the matter was taken care of…. Apparently not! Turns out they finally got the item in stock a month later and shipped it anyway. I told them that is not my fault and asked them to return my money back to my bank account immediately. They told me they have to wait until I receive the item and ship it back to them. They would then refund me once they receive the merchandise back.

I told them to call FedEx and stop delivery and have it rerouted back so I can have my money back now but they told me they couldn’t do that. So I had to wait for it to arrive. I received the item on November 4th and I called to let them know I received the merchandise. I asked them to send the return label so I can ship back to them. I printed the label and returned it the same day. FedEx reports that they delivered the merchandise back to them on November 7th. I was told it would take 5 days to approved into their warehouse. Well, December 1st arrives and I still have not seen my refund… So I call to find out what the hell is going on and what’s taking so long. I spoke to a nice girl named Angel. She was kind and apologized…so I didn’t feel like she should not have to deal with my wrath. She said she requests the refund but here we are in December 7th and STILL no refund.

They are ones that dropped the ball and shipped out merchandise in which order was cancelled by two requests to do so and I am the one that has to suffer with going through hoops to get my money back. Never again!!!! Avoid doing business with the company. After point of sale resolution completely sucks. The turnaround time is completely horrible. Please avoid at all cost.

TigerDirect Company Information