2.8/5 (1382 ratings)

About TigerDirect

TigerDirect Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TigerDirect?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about TigerDirect?

Original review: May 28, 2021

I ordered a new CPU for computer, received an opened used one, emailed several times was ignored, used chat option and was told to call, called and was told there is no way to prove I received a used item and basically too bad.

Original review: May 4, 2021

I wish I had read some of these other reviews before I tried to order something from TigerDirect. I ordered a headset from TigerDirect over a month ago. The next day I got an email from TigerDirect saying the item is on backorder. I decide to cancel the order and purchase it from somewhere else. I followed the directions on their website. I went to a form on their site and filled out all the required info to cancel the order.

Four hours later I check the status of my order on their site and it says it shipped. I decide to call and the customer service rep tells me they'll try to stop it from shipping but if it does ship to just refuse the package when it's delivered. That's not really an option because they just drop it at my door when I'm not home but I say ok, I'll just return it if I can't stop it myself. (Really? I have to cancel my own order this way?)

An hour after the call I get an email responding to my initial website request to cancel the order. They ask for the order number which I already entered in the website form so that's fun. I send them the order number and let them know I already spoke to a customer rep. I get the headset in the mail and I open it thinking there might be a return label in the box. There is no return label. I get on the website to fill out the website form to request a return label. I get an email the next day asking for the order number. I had entered the order number already but their terrible system doesn't seem to include it in the form.

I reply with the order number so I have to wait another couple of hours for a response. They tell me they can process the refund but there will be a 15% restocking fee for anything opened. I replied that I had opened the box but not the package inside so I don't want to get dinged for that. They reply with a question of whether I want to continue the request.

I decide to call their customer service reps again. The woman was very nice and said she made the request for a return label and I should be getting it in my email. Three days pass and I still haven't gotten a return label. I call and the rep says it can take 5 business days. Really? That long? I wait and finally get the email 5 business days after the request. I mailed back the item. They received it on the 16th of April. I decided to call about it exactly two weeks after they received it for a status. They tell me it's pending.

The next business day I call for a status and they say it's pending. The next business day I call for a status and they say it's pending. The next business day I call for a status and they say it's pending. The next business day I call for a status and they say it's pending. I asked if there was anyone else I can talk to. They said no. I plan on calling again tomorrow for a status update.

Their system should not tell me an order is back ordered if it isn't back ordered. Their customer service website should include the order number if it specifically asks for it. It should not take 5 days of awaiting approval for a return label. I should not be waiting over two weeks for a refund after they received the item. I still don't even know the amount of the return but if it's not the full amount including shipping I'll have to go back to the phone daily to request the full refund. Never ever ever ever again, TigerDirect.

Original review: April 30, 2021

I placed an order for 3 MacBook air computers from TigerDirect. After placing the order and providing my credit card information I received a confirmation email stating: "Thank you for your order, YEHUDA! We’re pretty speedy when it comes to processing orders so if you need to change anything, give us a quick call at 1-888-278-4437. Keep an eye out for your shipment confirmation… You’ll have your order in no time!"

2 days later I got an update email where they buried the words cancelled. Had I not looked carefully I would have missed it. When I called to follow up they said they were oversold, even though the website made no mention of this when I placed the order. I said I could wait until they came back in stock and they refused. Instead, I was encouraged to purchase a different machine with the exact same specs but a different model number that would cost $266 more (even after a meager discount from them). How can they do this? Shouldn't they have to make it right either by getting more inventory or price matching on the identical machine which is "coincidentally" available on their website? Horrible service and poorly trained customer service representatives. Any suggestion to remedy the situation would be appreciated.

Original review: April 29, 2021

As titled, it's really a scam business tbh. They have many excuses for not fulfilling order. If you bought something on their website with discount? Good luck. Chances are that they'll cancel your order due to `Out of Stock`. If that was the case why not just prevent people from placing the order in the first place? Also, once you ordered something, you'll get a ton of spams in your inbox the second you placed the order. The whole practice is very shady.

Original review: March 23, 2021

Purchased Mac Mini from them. Received confirmation. Card was authorized. Called them to confirm that product was new with warranty, they checked the order and confirmed. For four days order is still “under review”. Called them, guy in foreign country cannot find my order. Then tells me that they out of stock and order, most likely, was canceled. Mind it, he still couldn’t find my order. Terrible service!

Original review: March 10, 2021

Tigerdirect is unfortunately a site where the buyer must beware. Placed an order for a Lenovo PC, received confirmation and applied payment. Received an email confirming order but then received an email saying that the order was still in my cart. Went back online to complete the order. Received another email confirming the order and received yet another email saying the order was still in my cart. Went on line to recheck and the order was in fact still in the cart. Tried but was unable to reach anyone to discuss and confirm the status of my order.

Of course, I received two computers. Returned one but Tigerdirect would not cover the expense of the return claiming it was my fault. I offered to show them the email chain but they were uninterested and unwilling to review the info. They also did not return any of my calls after their review. I had to call each time to learn the results of their internal reviews. I get that despite the attempt to act as if the consumer is always right, sometimes the consumer is not right. In this case, their attitude was that the consumer is never right and apparently, should never be trusted. For Tigerdirect, CONSUMER BEWARE.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2021

I purchased a Lenovo Chromebook from Tiger Direct in April, 2020. I sent it to Joyce Systems for reppair. In Jan. 2021 Joyce systems received the Chromebook. Joyce systems contacted me timely that the item was out of stock and on Jan. 22 requested I request a refund from Tiger Direct. What a nightmare, 1st Tiger Direct requested I sent to Safeware Warranty. However the warranty was for an addtional two years coverage. The warrant company turned down my request. I have called Tiger Direct several times about the refund and every time they wanted something different. This company should not be in business, because they treat their customers terrible.

Tiger Direct requested I get the Serial Number from Joyce systems. In late Janauary I still do not have my refund, I was told the refund amount would be put in my bank account, which was a lie, because they do not have that info and I would not give it to them. On Feb. 8th, I called Tiger Direct again and they said they overlooked the refund? I gave them my email and address and am still waiting for my refund and have been without the chromebook I purchased for over a month. I suggest taking your business elsewhere, this company cannot be trusted in my experience.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2021

I placed an order through Tiger Direct for a new computer monitor. However, the listing never said it was currently back ordered. After going through the payment and placing the order I get the message its currently out of stock and will ship as soon as they get more. I wasn't terribly upset over this, but I did look around some more as I needed it sooner. I found a different seller in under an hour who had it in stock so I canceled my Tiger Direct order.

A few days later I check to make sure the order is canceled as I received no information concerning my request and find I'm still on a back order purchase, no cancellation occurred. So I try again. Silence. A week later, Fed Ex texts me saying my package was delivered. Confused I find the monitor from TD on my doorstep.

I immediately call TD and ask them to process a return. I've already had the monitor from the other company for almost 2 weeks at this point and don't need a second. Except according to TD they never sent the package. I am asked to email some information so they can verify the package was theirs (what?!). So I do but again get no response back from the person I was talking to.

This leads to a series of phone calls over the course of several weeks where they proceed to tell me that they need more information they didn't ask for the first time and then tell me to wait for their vendor to approve the return. At no point do they initiate contact with me. They never follow up on the return request even when they need more info. Instead they wait for me to call and then tell me that well it's my fault for not giving all the details. PS: the monitor is still in my living room because they can't authorize a return. I am ready to see if my credit card will dispute the transaction instead.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2021

I ordered a computer. Next day I realized that the PC would not meet my needs, and I cancelled and put a better machine in my cart, to be finalized when I received credit for the mistakenly ordered machine. All I got from customer service were repeated emails asking I had talked with a customer service representative yet. Meanwhile, the original order was processes and shipped and tracking shows that it is on its way. It has been several days and still no ability to contact TigerDirect either by phone or by email. I am dismayed by the inability to contact this company regarding this matter. I will never do business with this company and will certainly advise my friends to shy away.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2021

I have been buying from them for years but now they are horrible. Don't buy anything from them if you ever expect any support, returns, or be able to contact anyone. I've never seen anything like this. I bought a computer that has some issues. They won't answer their phones or respond to emails.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2020

We purchased a computer from Tiger Direct. When the computer arrived it wasn't working right. Lines across the screen. We contacted Tiger Direct. They said there weren't many computers that we had ordered left and suggested that we go ahead and order a new one. That it would take 3 to 5 working days to get the shipping label to return the other computer and then the refund. So we ordered another new computer. Here we are 10 working days later with 2 computers. The new one we ordered which is working great and the one we are waiting to return so we can get a refund. So we have basically paid for 2 computers and waiting for the label to send the bad computer back. We have contacted them various times and they blame it on the holidays. The 5 working days were before the holidays. All we want is a return shipping label to send the bad computer back so we can get our refund.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2020

I placed several calls to inquire about my order which has been in the same status for weeks. They mentioned they'll update via email and I am unable to connect with customer service as that line hangs up each time. I responded to the online bot for a call back. They say I'll get a call in 24 hours and never do, then they have some lady emailing me from customer service asking if I had ever been contacted. I've told her 3 times I have not and she always responds saying she'll let her supervisor know... still no call! Then I ask her to cancel my order and I never heard back from her again!

I used to use TigerDirect years back and had a great experience and decided to do business with them again as a NewEgg alternative, never again. Terrible business to work with! It's a bad sign when you call customer service and either the line goes to silence, or you get a message every time saying all agents are busy and hangs up during normal business hours! Shop Elsewhere!!

Original review: Nov. 10, 2020

I purchased a computer on 10/9/2020 and received it several days later and it worked fine for about a week and started slowing down when booting up and eventually stopped altogether. I contacted customer support and told them what happened and was referred to tech. I spoke to tech and advised them the problem and they checked to see if they had a replacement computer and was advised that they did not and that I had to contact customer service for them to request a RMA or case #. I got an email from customer service a few days later stating that they were waiting for a return label and that when they received it they would send it to me. That has been several days ago and I have not received it or any word from them regarding.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2020

I bought a computer and it stopped turning on after two weeks. I've emailed support three times each in a different method and they do not respond. I will be disputing the charge through my credit card company.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2020

Tiger Direct has the worst customer service I have ever experienced, which says a lot because I am an Xfinity customer. I purchased a Synology router from Tiger Direct that was DOA. I called customer service and initiated a return. The rude representative said they needed to obtain an RMA from Synology and it would take a couple of weeks. I feel this is ridiculous, but I accepted the situation and waited. I contacted them three weeks later and after getting cut off multiple times, I finally spoke to a ‘customer support representative’.

I requested a status update on my return request and the rep informed me the onus was on me to contact Synology and obtain a “case number”. This was the first time I was given this information and said so. The rep literally called me a “liar” and that I told the rep from my initial request that I refuse to contact Synology. The rep then said that he was documenting my dishonesty and refusal to cooperate (hilarious). Well, the call went downhill from there and the yelling started (from both sides). I will never do business with Tiger Direct again.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2020

I purchased a UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply) from TigerDirect. they ship with FedEx. Received an email that the unit was damaged. I contacted FedEx and they said it was not their responsibility to contact TigerDirect. I called TigerDirect and they said the unit was shipped and they would not accept any responsibility and couldn't help me. FedEx and TigerDirect are in cahoots and they're not respectable businesses. Never buy or ship from TigerDirect or FedEx. Going with UPS from now on.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2020

Purchased a "new" computer which arrived in an open box with the packing material stuffed in the bottom, not even a good a attempt at a factory repack. We could not even start the Win 10 sign in. Their 'help' desk referred us to a third party for assistance, not how you want to set up a supposedly new machine. We tried to return the purchase as a clearly not new machine, but were given the runaround for weeks. Had to dispute the purchase with our cc company. These guys are complete crooks, do not use.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2020

I purchased a MacBook Air from Tiger Direct and after a week (it was supposed to arrive in 2 days) I got it. The battery only lasted less than 4 hours, when it's supposed to last at least 10. I called to return and I've been waiting for them to send me a return label for 2 weeks now. I keep calling and they keep telling me they will send the label the next day, but nothing. Then, I talk to a supervisor and she tells me the return has to be approved and it takes 3 weeks after it arrives in their warehouse where it gets processed for about 1 week. This is ridiculous. DO NOT BUY FROM TIGER DIRECT!!!!

Original review: Aug. 24, 2020

I purchased a computer on Saturday 8/22/2020. They took $569.00 from my business checking and then on Sunday sent me an email telling me my order was canceled. Finally was able to contact on Monday and was yelled at. She would not listen to my concerns and tried talking over me that went to yelling. She hung up on me when I yelled back telling her not to yell at me. All I want is my money back. Right now, I am not sure I am going to get it. I think they want to keep it and make me reorder something else. I do not want to deal with them EVER again and suggest no one else does either. I have been through this before but not this bad. I finally got my money back after they sent me a defected computer twice. I am DONE with them. Actually shame on me for giving them a 2nd chance.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2020

I bought a high end gaming computer from TigerDirect (Lenovo Legion ) which TD advertised as having a DVDRW drive. After receiving the computer I found it didn't have one. I tried calling TD many times and was giving the run-around. The support people I talked to were neither polite or helpful. Some gave me a "new" number to call which sent me back to the original number, or they forward me to a new number and the line went dead. I wish I had checked TD's reviews before buying this computer. Since I just received it today I will see if I can return it. Judging from my sad experience I am not hopeful.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2020

Due to the Covid-19, my pregnant sister had to resort to telecommute in order to keep her self safe. I decided to give her a computer as a baby shower present. Looking at multiple sites decided to go with Tiger Direct. Big mistake. Order a desktop computer, mouse and keyboard combo, as well as a pair of monitors. The next day received an email confirmation showing that the two monitors I order are in "Backorder" status, which is not a big deal.-I called and the representative told me that is going to take 2-3 weeks, I'm fine with that, My sister can use her tv in the meantime.

Once the keyboard arrived my sister found that the shipping package was damage, the equipment arrived in pieces. The same thing happened to the desktop computer, a box arrived broken and the computer itself damaged. We decided to call Tiger Direct to make them aware of the situation and ask for a resolution. They initiated a replacement process. Which it takes days, plus now we need to wait for the return label to arrive. Drop the item at the carrier and then they will issue a replacement. In the meantime, my sister is waiting for a computer to be able to work from home.

I called again and asked to speak to a supervisor, the agent reply that all supervisors are busy, etc, I told him that I was very frustrated with the situation and that I wanted to see if we could expedite the process and what other options I have. Maybe a supervisor could approve this. The representative was very cold and decided to put a wall. I'm used to the level of service that other companies, such as Amazon, provide. This would have been resolved quickly and without all the hassle. I sent two emails without any answer. I hope to receive the monitors and the return label and send them their stuff and be done with it. Don't want to deal with TigerDirect anymore.

Original review: July 31, 2020

When the computer arrived, the speakers didn't work. I immediately began contacting TigerDirect to fix the problem and received NO response from any of my emails. After 2 weeks, the laptop completely stopped working. I began calling, requesting a refund and was told information would be sent to me. Of course, nothing has ever been sent to me. My warranty was refunded, but my return on the laptop has been "in process" for over two months. So my laptop DOES NOT WORK AT ALL, and I have no funds to get a new laptop. I would not recommend ordering this laptop, ordering a refurbished laptop, or ordering from TigerDirect under any circumstances. Major disappointment.

Original review: July 28, 2020

I ordered a refurbished HP 820 G3 laptop item 42128093 from TigerDirect (sell by HPI). The display resolution only support 1366x768 and not as advertised for FHD 1920x1080. I have been requesting for return and refund for 4 weeks now. TigerDirect has requested RMA from HPI and no response. I requested TigerDirect to correct the laptop feature description not to cheat the other customer like my case. TigerDirect does nothing. The laptop is still advertised with the FHD 1920x1080 feature and keep cheating other customer. I wrote review feedback about this laptop and got rejected. That's why there is still no review for this laptop. Do not buy from TigerDirect or HPI.

Original review: June 26, 2020

I ordered 2 computers from Tiger Direct. I received 1 which was a used refurbished HP 360. The 2nd computer is a $700 HP Desktop and it never showed. After I reported it never arrived from the tracking. I called Tiger Direct let them know. They said they had confirmation it was delivered by UPS. That's is great because I had it shipped to a UPS store to avoid issues. The UPS store said it never arrived. UPS has opened an investigation. I have followed up every week for last 5 weeks and still cannot get a refund or a replacement for their lost order. Every time I reach out they tell me there is an investigation going on. Waste of time and money. Will never use ever again.

Original review: June 25, 2020

We have used TigerDirect for our Business for nearly two decades, but this was the first time we needed to return a purchase. We found the laptop computer we ordered was not the one our company needed, so I contacted customer service. After waiting for nearly 10 minutes for a representative, I was informed it would take 10-15 days to get a Return Authorization, we would be charged a 15% restocking fee (because we actually opened the box w/ the computer in it), and I was responsible for return shipping. Sadly, there is no reason for us to ever use TigerDirect again...their service and return policies are too outdated.

Original review: June 12, 2020

I purchased a motherboard from this company because it said "Available" "In Stock". After I paid $200, it read "Back-ordered" "Not in Stock". I called to cancel and a refund. They said it already shipped...and it is almost there? How is that possible? I just cancelled the order. So, instead of refunding me, they charged me again..for the exact same amount. So, now I just paid $400 for a motherboard I am not going to get. They refused to refund me, even though the UPS tracking # clearly shows it went back to their warehouse. This company is horrible and fraudulent. They know it, and don't care. Avoid them at all cost!!!!

Original review: June 10, 2020

We recently purchased an MSI laptop from Tiger Direct. From the beginning, the transaction was a mess. First, my Tiger Direct Account shows no record of the transaction. The shipping took over a week and 1/2, and it took TD the better part of a week just to locate the shipment and send me a tracking number. Finally received the computer and it has a faulty network card and keyboard issues. I called to get an RMA and was told to call MSI to get the return authorization. I tried to call MSI, and not one of the phone numbers TD gave me worked. I emails Tiger Direct and they gave me yet another non-working number. I finally emailed and got a return authorization from MSI.

I sent replied back to the email that TD sent me instructing me to get the return authorization from MSI. The response? "Tiger Direct has to get the return authorization, not you". It was as if the customer service person forgot what they had instructed me to do AND failed to read their own email at the bottom of the chain. I replied that I had done everything they told me to do, and to send me an address to return the computer. I have not received a response. I finally called my credit card company and told them what was happening. They are disputing the charge and have credited my account. However, I still have a $700 paperweight and I cannot get TD to even send me an address to return the thing to. If my experience is any indication, this company is not a good company to deal with. If my experience is common, they may not be in business much longer, making them an even riskier choice for doing business with.

Original review: June 1, 2020

Terrible products & customer service. I bought a refurbished Hewlett Packard CPU in April of 2020. It arrived and would not connect to my existing Acer monitor. I bought several sets of cables, nothing worked. I went back to TigerDirect and bought a new Hewlett Packard monitor. 2 days later they informed me it wasn't available anymore. I bought a different refurbished Hewlett Packard monitor. It arrived a week later and was visibly damaged. I hooked it up anyway and yes, the screen is cracked from no packing materials in the shipping box. A loose power cord and a cable were thrown in the box for good measure. I contacted TigerDirect after a half hour wait time and the girl that answered kept saying she couldn't hear me, I hung up. I immediately called back, another 30 minute wait/hold time and I was told that I would have to contact Joy Systems to get a case number, which I did.

Now, after calling TigerDirect back to give them the case number I have been on hold for over 40 minutes and finally a recording comes on and tells me to call back another time or contact them on their website. I now have 3 different websites involved with these returns, I don't want any of their products. Do yourself a favor and avoid this company. I have been a customer since 2009. What happened to them? I feel like I am on a mission now to get my money back.

Original review: May 22, 2020

I ordered a laptop that was rated A+ as a refurbished machine. When it arrived it would not hold its charge. In order to return I had to go through a subsidiary of theirs called Joy Systems which provided me with a RMA# which is what I needed to give to TigerDirect so they could process the return. I'm not sure why we have to do this and they don't do it internally but I did as I was told. 1 month later and 6 phone calls (You can't e-mail TigerDirect with a Gmail account) I still do not have even the Return label. I'm out over $500 and they just keep telling me they need more time to process. Very disappointed.

Original review: May 15, 2020

I purchased this gaming monitor online on 04/17/20 and paid extra for 2-day shipping, upon receiving the monitor I hooked it up and it is clearly damaged and will not function. 2 hours after it was dropped off I called and emailed Mariel from the customer service team. She asked for a photo and I sent the below and said she would process the return and that it would take 5-7 days for a return label. I did not hear back from them at all so I contacted them via email on 04-29. Again, no response so I tried again on 05-04 with still no response. I then tried calling the number on the email signature to call my account executive (Which has a different company name "PCM" on the signature). I was given the run around and was told I had to leave messages which were never returned.

A couple days later I tried contacting Tiger Direct customer service again and ended up getting my Account Exec on the phone who told me their phone system and email service has been down and they have not received my messages. She said that PCM owns TigerDirect now and that their systems are being merged so nobody can help me. Mariel (the account exec) then told me I needed to contact Asus and get a return number. I did that and their phone system was down because of the pandemic so I had to explain that it was damaged and not that it was plugged in wrong via a virtual chat.

I provided this to Mariel almost 10 days ago and I have still not received a return label or any indication that they are going to refund my money that they have been holding onto for over a month since I originally contacted them. Their management has not and will not return my calls or emails. I now feel that I have been robbed by this company for over $700.00 and I fear I will not ever get my money back.

I have purchased from Tiger Direct in the past from their retail stores and I have never had any issues such as these. It is ridiculous that I can only speak to 1 person about my order and they are treating me like I am a business and not a consumer. I can go return something to Best Buy the same day I buy it without this headache. I actually already went to Microcenter and bought the same monitor from them in the store with no issues the same day I received the item from Tiger Direct. I will never do business with Tiger Direct again and I recommend nobody else does either.

TigerDirect Company Information