2. Shopping

Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.80/5
Based on 1,354 ratings

TigerDirect Learn More

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

Find discount codes while you shop.

See how much you can save using Honey

Get started

TigerDirect Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about TigerDirect?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about TigerDirect?

Original review: May 22, 2020

I ordered a laptop that was rated A+ as a refurbished machine. When it arrived it would not hold its charge. In order to return I had to go through a subsidiary of theirs called Joy Systems which provided me with a RMA# which is what I needed to give to TigerDirect so they could process the return. I'm not sure why we have to do this and they don't do it internally but I did as I was told. 1 month later and 6 phone calls (You can't e-mail TigerDirect with a Gmail account) I still do not have even the Return label. I'm out over $500 and they just keep telling me they need more time to process. Very disappointed.

Original review: May 15, 2020

I purchased this gaming monitor online on 04/17/20 and paid extra for 2-day shipping, upon receiving the monitor I hooked it up and it is clearly damaged and will not function. 2 hours after it was dropped off I called and emailed Mariel from the customer service team. She asked for a photo and I sent the below and said she would process the return and that it would take 5-7 days for a return label. I did not hear back from them at all so I contacted them via email on 04-29. Again, no response so I tried again on 05-04 with still no response. I then tried calling the number on the email signature to call my account executive (Which has a different company name "PCM" on the signature). I was given the run around and was told I had to leave messages which were never returned.

A couple days later I tried contacting Tiger Direct customer service again and ended up getting my Account Exec on the phone who told me their phone system and email service has been down and they have not received my messages. She said that PCM owns TigerDirect now and that their systems are being merged so nobody can help me. Mariel (the account exec) then told me I needed to contact Asus and get a return number. I did that and their phone system was down because of the pandemic so I had to explain that it was damaged and not that it was plugged in wrong via a virtual chat.

I provided this to Mariel almost 10 days ago and I have still not received a return label or any indication that they are going to refund my money that they have been holding onto for over a month since I originally contacted them. Their management has not and will not return my calls or emails. I now feel that I have been robbed by this company for over $700.00 and I fear I will not ever get my money back.

I have purchased from Tiger Direct in the past from their retail stores and I have never had any issues such as these. It is ridiculous that I can only speak to 1 person about my order and they are treating me like I am a business and not a consumer. I can go return something to Best Buy the same day I buy it without this headache. I actually already went to Microcenter and bought the same monitor from them in the store with no issues the same day I received the item from Tiger Direct. I will never do business with Tiger Direct again and I recommend nobody else does either.

Original review: March 21, 2020

Unless you plan to have a great deal of frustration, and you have tons of money to give away, do not deal with this organization. We are filing fraud charges on them currently. They have avoided multiple inquiries about a verified RMA and we get the runaround whenever we contact TigerDirect. I would anticipate closure of this company very soon.

Resolution response: March 25, 2020

I am updating my experience with Tiger Direct. The product was delivered today, finally! The company could have done a better job or their carrier X B O could have left a note or any kind of communication about so called previous missed delivery at first attempt.

Mark
Owner

Original review: March 19, 2020

Order of $200 (monitors) Not delivered- No follow up-so far. Please do not order from this company till I update you on their eagerness to ship my 2 monitors that TigerDirect said would be 3-5 days not at (3.5 weeks) with no communication as to what they will do to properly compensate me. I will Update all as to their lack of concern and whether they get back to my company with an acceptable story than "They were shipped March 3rd or 4th." If this has happened to You or anything close to it I would love to hear from You. I will be contacting County of Los Angeles and another effective County Protection agency and will Digitally communicate with a wide range of computer repair shops and Network companies of the cold shoulder I am receiving if it doesn't stop. My email is **.

Original review: March 10, 2020

Ordered from them 10-12 years ago. Americans move on average once every 6 years (old stat). I came to a friends house in Florida, Ordered a computer and THEY TOOK MY MONEY EVEN THOUGH THE ADDRESS ON MY CARD AND MY OLD ADDRESS DIDN'T MATCH. Said I need to prove it... But they took my money. No computer. They have to verify with the bank that they already took the money from that it was authorized. I need to spend a day and wait for an email so that I can generate proof that I live here (I don't get mail here). Said they can't refund my money until her supervisor gets in and she doesn't come in until 11 am! Hello Amazon.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2020

I purchased an item in error from their website. I’ve been trying to return it for (5) weeks now and getting the run around. I’ve called NINE times now asking for a return authorization number over the course of 5 weeks. Each time they say “We are waiting on the vendor to give us a return number”. Let me give you a clue here... I paid Tiger Direct the $267, not the vendor. You should accept the return that you keep telling me is not denied but refuse to give me an RMA. I’ve contacted my credit card company to step in and I NEVER do that. Poorest customer service I have ever experienced from a vendor. NEVER AGAIN Tiger Direct, never! There are plenty of other places to shop to buy electronics. Terrible, terrible experience. Did I say terrible enough times? I could hire homeless people off the street and get better customer service people. I don’t appreciate being hung up on multiple times when asking questions either.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2020

Purchased an HP Laser printer TigerDirect advertised as new, but when it arrived, the box was clearly labeled refurbished. Luckily, Paypal was used to purchase because all contacts with Tigerdirect to return the item were ignored. Terrible customer service. Nonexistent! Opening a case through Paypal was the only way to get a refund, but paid $49.00 to return refurbished garbage to them in order to get it out of the lobby of the business. This business is on my "will not do business with again" list because their advertisements cannot be trusted. Bait and switch is a real thing! Tigerdirect advertised the item as new and what was received was refurbished. One star is too high a rating as Tigerdirect doesn't even deserve that.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2020

After an expensive new motherboard turned out to be defective, we tried to get it returned. Six weeks after multiple emails, most of which were us requesting follow up because we still hadn't heard back, the agent told me that I had to contact their vendor to request an RMA. When I expressed disbelief, the agent was rude and sarcastic. Seriously? They buy a product from a vendor, sell it to me, and then I have to go directly to their vendor to request a return for a defective product? Why didn't I just purchase the motherboard direct from the vendor and cut out TigerDirect, the middleman? I did phone the vendor and what a friendly, helpful, efficient group of people they turned out to be! So, perhaps I should thank TigerDirect for letting me know I shouldn't bother to use them in future, I'll just buy direct. I've logged a complaint on their system that they state is "with access directly to our president" but I'm not holding my breath for a response.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2020

Bought a New printer from Tiger Direct in October 2019, came in defective. Called them up to return, it took them about three weeks to send me an authorization to return. I then found out I have to pay for shipping it back, cost $37.00. Initial cost of the printer was $150 plus $36 extended warranty. I also had to pay 15% restocking fee. I just got my refund back to my debit card, 1/11/2020, three months later, and of course not the whole thing, and after at least a dozen phone calls and them hanging up on me, and false promises. This is the worst company ever and I am WARNING everyone to stay away. You do not want this treatment, pay the extra money and buy from a legitimate company. WARNING: STAY AWAY, STAY AWAY, STAY AWAY, STAY AWAY.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2020

I received a defective computer system from Tiger Direct. I only discovered the defect (camera not working) after spending a great deal of time migrating files and settings from my old system to the new one and installing programs such a Microsoft Office, my email program etc.. Because I didn't want to have to start over with setting up a replacement system, I decided I would live with the system without a working camera. I asked for a refund for part of the system price to compensate for the defective system. But I was told they would only replace the defective system or provide a $10 credit to my account for use on my next purchase, but the credit would be good for only two weeks. I was told "Take it or leave it!" That kind of customer service is wholly unacceptable!

TigerDirect Company Information