Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.43/5

Malwarebytes Reviews

Original review: April 4, 2020

Malwarebytes blocks viruses, malware, malicious websites, ransomware, and hackers that traditional antivirus isn't smart enough to stop. When my computer crashed I called HP. They turned me on to Malwarebytes. They have a free version or a premium version w/ real-time protection. I'm actually shocked to see the main ones CR chose here! Not Avast. You chose a few highly advertised anti-software, the same old ones that actually are inferior like Norton, and Mcaffee. At least CR did t choose AVG. : )

Original review: March 28, 2020

I've been using Malwarebytes on my computers for about 10 years. I spend most of my time on the web doing research, streaming videos, playing games, etc. I do spend some time on what I would call "questionable" websites streaming movies and broadcast television shows. Malwarebytes always prevents a site containing Malware from loading. In the 10 years I've been using the program (I have three lifetime subscriptions), I have never been infected with a Virus, Trojan, Worm, Ransomware, Malvertising, Spyware, or Adware. I do occasionally run deeper scans with freeware like Tdsskiller, but have never found any infections.

Get buying tips about Antivirus Software delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 27, 2020

It seems to work, pretty well. When I first started using it, seems like I was getting more viruses, but I also now use McAfee. And between the two of them no viruses. Between the two of them, I am pretty satisfied. But malware bytes free version, not as good, and bugs you to get sub.

Original review: March 20, 2020

I've been using Malwarebytes for a long time. I can't even remember when I started using it. I've never had a problem with my computer's ever. It's scans for problems every morning and I usually see a message that says nothing was found. I don't really do a lot of weird surfing on the internet but if I happen to go on a site that's it's not good for my computer it will block it. I remember a phone call a couple of years ago, from a guy who said that something was on my laptop that could allow someone to take over my computer, and he supposedly wanted access to help me. I said no, that was not possible, and he kept calling after I would hang up on him. Finally he seemed so angry, and said he was going to take over my computer. Anyway it never happened. I'm not at all worried. Malwarebytes is the best.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2019

This program is downloaded to ball my devices at one price. It stopped AMAZON TECH SUPPORT from intrusion an number of times. It stopped wanted twice on my tablet, it tells you if a new app is safe or not, couple this with CC cleaner & you're in great shape. Once I sign out on my laptop or another device it Cleans an sites from the history for what sites or searches you were on. They offer 3rd level security & Re working on finger print scan. I think this is FAR AND AWAY BETTER THAN Norton & Life lock, they are both too expensive and bogus.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Malwarebytes?

Original review: April 21, 2020

If you love Drama Then these are the people for you. They have a beef and it's legitimate one with ASC but being very unprofessional about it. If you use ASC they have gone out of their way to go after it. You can can put it on the exclusion list and it just keeps coming. It find the registry items as well. You finally think you have it all under control and it starts hitting your exclusions again. It's very childish for starters to attack a program you know full well is not an issue simply because you have personal problems with them. It's simply unprofessional to make someone that wants to buy your product choose between the two. I'm happy I did not buy it straight out like I did my antivirus and the other software I recently purchased or I would hot about it. I'm just here to warn anyone that wants this and also keep their Advanced SystemCare. There's childish drama they are going to drag you into the middle of going on here.

Original review: April 2, 2020

It’s for killing viruses. Yay It worked well enough but I still also use Sophos because Malwarebytes doesn’t do a good full systems diagnostic on all the external drives and time machine volumes. Needs work. For the price.

Original review: March 23, 2020

It is the best anti virus software in the industry, have had McAfee, and it is the worst, Norton anti virus is full of glitches, had to restore my computer Windows 10 OS several times! Kaspersky wouldn't even let me install other programs. CS is a long wait, with bad solutions from them.

Original review: March 22, 2020

Malwarebytes is a Mac specific software of high esteem. Malwarebytes is easy to install, inexpensive, efficient and effective. Most of my friends and consultants use it for all their devices. iOS and desktop available. Easily downloaded from the Apple store or direct from Malwarebytes.

Original review: March 21, 2020

Malwarebytes seems to work without slowing down my computer. Very little effort is needed to use this software. I had malware on my computer that was unable to be removed by ClamXAV, and Malwarebytes did remove it.

Malwarebytes author review by Shelley Elmblad

Malwarebytes.org - Malwarebytes started in 2004, and since then it has detected and removed over 5 billion pieces of malware while running alongside antivirus software. Today, more than 200 team members across the globe contribute to keeping Malwarebytes effective and up to date.

• Multiple platforms: Malwarebytes runs on PC, Mac, Android and iOS devices to find worms, spyware, rootkits and more. You will need to install antivirus software separately; Malwarebytes detects and removes deep malicious code that is often not found by antivirus solutions.

• Free: The free version of Malwarebytes is very capable at finding and removing malware, but does not run constantly in the background for real time protection. Upgrade to the paid PC premium version for $24.95 for more scanning options and always-on screening. Malwarebytes only offers a free version for Mac right now.

• Business versions: Malwarebytes offers four business options with annual subscriptions for $29.95 per seat up to $49.95 per seat. Businesses with over 100 seats can contact sales to discuss pricing.

• Chameleon technology: If your computer is infected, you won’t need a separate bootable disk to repair it. Malwarebytes’ Chameleon driver stops malware from terminating or modifying processes so you can remove malware immediately without restarting your computer.

• Antivirus compatibility: Malwarebytes will run without a conflict on computers that have installed any of the antivirus software listed in this guide and many others.

by Shelley Elmblad Financial Software Contributing Editor

Shelley Elmblad is a freelance writer with years of experience covering small business, personal finance and tax software and mobile apps. Shelley’s goal is to help others choose the best software to run a small business, track personal finances and save money.

Malwarebytes Company Information