Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.33/5

Malwarebytes Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Malwarebytes?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Malwarebytes?

Original review: April 4, 2020

Malwarebytes blocks viruses, malware, malicious websites, ransomware, and hackers that traditional antivirus isn't smart enough to stop. When my computer crashed I called HP. They turned me on to Malwarebytes. They have a free version or a premium version w/ real-time protection. I'm actually shocked to see the main ones CR chose here! Not Avast. You chose a few highly advertised anti-software, the same old ones that actually are inferior like Norton, and Mcaffee. At least CR did t choose AVG. : )

Original review: March 28, 2020

I've been using Malwarebytes on my computers for about 10 years. I spend most of my time on the web doing research, streaming videos, playing games, etc. I do spend some time on what I would call "questionable" websites streaming movies and broadcast television shows. Malwarebytes always prevents a site containing Malware from loading. In the 10 years I've been using the program (I have three lifetime subscriptions), I have never been infected with a Virus, Trojan, Worm, Ransomware, Malvertising, Spyware, or Adware. I do occasionally run deeper scans with freeware like Tdsskiller, but have never found any infections.

Get buying tips about Antivirus Software delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 27, 2020

It seems to work, pretty well. When I first started using it, seems like I was getting more viruses, but I also now use McAfee. And between the two of them no viruses. Between the two of them, I am pretty satisfied. But malware bytes free version, not as good, and bugs you to get sub.

Original review: March 23, 2020

It is the best anti virus software in the industry, have had McAfee, and it is the worst, Norton anti virus is full of glitches, had to restore my computer Windows 10 OS several times! Kaspersky wouldn't even let me install other programs. CS is a long wait, with bad solutions from them.

Original review: March 20, 2020

I've been using Malwarebytes for a long time. I can't even remember when I started using it. I've never had a problem with my computer's ever. It's scans for problems every morning and I usually see a message that says nothing was found. I don't really do a lot of weird surfing on the internet but if I happen to go on a site that's it's not good for my computer it will block it. I remember a phone call a couple of years ago, from a guy who said that something was on my laptop that could allow someone to take over my computer, and he supposedly wanted access to help me. I said no, that was not possible, and he kept calling after I would hang up on him. Finally he seemed so angry, and said he was going to take over my computer. Anyway it never happened. I'm not at all worried. Malwarebytes is the best.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2020

I use and am satisfied with Malwarebytes Premium, however, every year at autopay renewal time there are issues. On my Web account it is paid and not expiring until 2021. My application shows the exact opposite-- that there was a problem with renewal, and app is expired with temporary extension. Requests for Malwarebytes to investigate whether there was a problem, or not a problem that were started at end-Nov early-Dec. There was a satisfied receipt sent me, a ticket number was assigned, but the app continued to show notices. Today, which is about 3 weeks later, notices on my desktop changed to I have been downgraded to a FREE version. They have my money-- AND I am downgraded! I am not amused with the poor investigations, lack of listening to customer saying there seemed to be a problem, and having paid for a FREE version of software! Still waiting for them to resolve the problem ticket after weeks!

Original review: Nov. 12, 2020

We are a small MSP. We Do not resell. We had all our clients buy Malwarebytes for their Networks. In March 2020 malwarebytes invoices to is for clients. Had links clients filled out with their own info - but suddenly ONE client was getting billed for everything = $6k. Instead Of $38. We worked with Kevin ** who simply was disregarding the information we were giving him trying to get our client reimbursed. They refused. We have evidence of what they have done but we have to reimburse our client for that $6k now. We have ceased all business with this company that continually rips people Off by 1) making it so difficult to NOT autorenew their products and 2) How They have completely disregarded our Business issue with them. Stay away!

Original review: July 6, 2020

This was my latest post to them: I used to use MB all the time, I had even subscribed before. I went to try MB again about a month ago. I started with the trial of course. But I wasn't interested in buying just yet. Then five days before the trial was up, you turned into nagware. Every five minutes, your program would pop up a box telling me to buy your product. It would pop up even over full screened software/games, and it would NOT disappear until I had exited full screen and closed the box. I ly to have it happen again five minutes later. I contacted support, they told me 'sorry, just deal with it for five days.' Uh, no. (And by the way, my friend tried it also, went through the five days of bs, and was still bombarded with popups to buy.)

So I tried to uninstall. It claimed it uninstalled, except it was still there, still sending nagware popups, except I could no longer access the program. I had to install a cleaner to remove your program. Then, as if all that wasn't annoying enough, your support staff/emails WOULD NOT LEAVE ME ALONE. They followed up to see if I needed anything else. That's fine, that's cool, I appreciate it. I told them I had removed the program and needed no further help. Then they followed up again. I told them, "No, I didn't need any help." Then they did it again. I told them I needed no help and to stop emailing me. And again. I told them to LEAVE ME ALONE.

It's been almost four weeks now of getting emails every few days 'following up', or 'checking in' and/or reminding me that I can buy the full version. I never received an actual response from a person regarding my requests to stop. I have now blacklisted your email. MB used to be amazing. By the community, for the community. I would rather be with Norton than your product by now and they're terrible. I'd rather be infested by viruses than continue dealing with your garbage.

Original review: April 21, 2020

If you love Drama Then these are the people for you. They have a beef and it's legitimate one with ASC but being very unprofessional about it. If you use ASC they have gone out of their way to go after it. You can can put it on the exclusion list and it just keeps coming. It find the registry items as well. You finally think you have it all under control and it starts hitting your exclusions again. It's very childish for starters to attack a program you know full well is not an issue simply because you have personal problems with them. It's simply unprofessional to make someone that wants to buy your product choose between the two. I'm happy I did not buy it straight out like I did my antivirus and the other software I recently purchased or I would hot about it. I'm just here to warn anyone that wants this and also keep their Advanced SystemCare. There's childish drama they are going to drag you into the middle of going on here.

Original review: April 2, 2020

It’s for killing viruses. Yay It worked well enough but I still also use Sophos because Malwarebytes doesn’t do a good full systems diagnostic on all the external drives and time machine volumes. Needs work. For the price.

Malwarebytes author review by Shelley Elmblad

Malwarebytes.org - Malwarebytes started in 2004, and since then it has detected and removed over 5 billion pieces of malware while running alongside antivirus software. Today, more than 200 team members across the globe contribute to keeping Malwarebytes effective and up to date.

• Multiple platforms: Malwarebytes runs on PC, Mac, Android and iOS devices to find worms, spyware, rootkits and more. You will need to install antivirus software separately; Malwarebytes detects and removes deep malicious code that is often not found by antivirus solutions.

• Free: The free version of Malwarebytes is very capable at finding and removing malware, but does not run constantly in the background for real time protection. Upgrade to the paid PC premium version for $24.95 for more scanning options and always-on screening. Malwarebytes only offers a free version for Mac right now.

• Business versions: Malwarebytes offers four business options with annual subscriptions for $29.95 per seat up to $49.95 per seat. Businesses with over 100 seats can contact sales to discuss pricing.

• Chameleon technology: If your computer is infected, you won’t need a separate bootable disk to repair it. Malwarebytes’ Chameleon driver stops malware from terminating or modifying processes so you can remove malware immediately without restarting your computer.

• Antivirus compatibility: Malwarebytes will run without a conflict on computers that have installed any of the antivirus software listed in this guide and many others.

by Shelley Elmblad Financial Software Contributing Editor

Shelley Elmblad is a freelance writer with years of experience covering small business, personal finance and tax software and mobile apps. Shelley’s goal is to help others choose the best software to run a small business, track personal finances and save money.

Malwarebytes Company Information