4.54/5
Based on 24 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Looking for an Antivirus Provider?

Last updated: April 7, 2018

24 Malwarebytes Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
    Original review: April 7, 2018

I used Malwarebytes for two years and then both computers crashed. I got a new computer which came with a different software I like so I contacted Malwarebytes to cancel. I had to do so by email because there is NO phone support. Then they went and renewed after I cancelled. We went through this process 2 more times. They send a letter saying they’ll cancel after I email them saying to stop then go ahead and renew. What’s more when they had an update, the computers for me and my sibling got nasty viruses and had to go to repair shop.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

I did not authorized this company to automatically renew my PayPal account for automatic renewal. I was charged $43.44 which I disputed with PayPal. They put a pretend tracking number to trick PayPal. I called their customer service who hung up on me and then upon recall actually asked me for my PayPal account ID and password to get into my account. Obviously that was not happening. They then advised me they were going to charge me 30$ to cancel my account. There should not be a 30$ fee to cancel something that was never initiated. This company is nothing but crooks trying to take whatever they can from you.

Get expert buying tips about Antivirus Software delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

It scans fast, blocks malicious sites automatically & you can adjust for a deep scan or quick scan. You can set it to scan at the same time every day. It is always running in the background.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

I used the free version for about a year and upgraded to the paid version to get automatic scanning features after hearing about the ransomware attacks. Both versions worked well. It blocked many potential malware sites, and I have never had a virus attack since I started using it. I run Microsoft Windows Defender on the same PC without any conflict.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2017

When I have malware problems, I call my provider who can fix the problem in very little time. I am thankful for the service I get from my Apple helper who can fix any problem in such a short time.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Malwarebytes?

Original review: Dec. 30, 2017

I have had no problems installing, using, updating or anything else when using this software. It interfaces very well with all my other software on my computer.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2017

This software is a very simple & easy to use program! The purchaser who knows nothing will be able to run it without any problems. The purchase price is also very reasonable & directions are easy to follow.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2017

Great experience for me and I have gotten a lot of cleaning from my computer and never got a responsibility for the time using the service and also they have checked all over my system which is very great full service.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

Malwarebytes seem too sensitive at times but I would rather they stay that way rather than allowing virus/malware intrusion. I have been using them for years and so far I am pleased with their performance.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2017

Using it as malware protection only. I'm using MS Defender for antivirus and this program works fine and doesn't appear to slow down my computer. It's also free.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2017

Protects from Viruses, Rootkits, Malware and Ransomware as well!!! Although you must turn on Rootkits Protection as it is not done by default. Scan is quick!

Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

Terrific product and it has a free version. It detects and removes rootkits and unwanted toolbars and unwanted programs which are really spyware. It also has a paid version.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

Whenever I'm using a computer for the first time that does not have antivirus software, I go ahead and install Malwarebytes. It was one of the first programs I installed when searching for free antivirus software and it hasn't let me down since. It's quick to scan downloaded files and anytime I have come across an issue it has been able to handle it.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

This software is easy to use, in-expensive and formidable. It finds the a lot of malware and I have been using it for more than 5 years. It is easy to set up schedules for scanning and updates. I use it on both of my computers.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2017

I've been using Norton for years when I read a great review of Malwarebytes and I decided to have one supplement the other. I use both and I've been protected.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

The best antivirus is the one that takes care of your system with a minimum of effort on your part. Malwarebytes does that, and notifies you when you need to update or there is someone trying to hack your system. I have had excellent results from this software at a reasonable price.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

Malwarebytes works very nice against malware and very easy to use. I have been using them for about three months now and haven't had a problem with any viruses at all.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

Automatically cleans and scans and updates itself (paid version). 7 months use and no problems. Malwarebytes blocks, isolates, cleans threat data fast and effectively. Highly recommend.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

I've used Symantec Enterprise and Norton consumer, McAfee, Kaspersky, AVG, and Avast. Malwarebytes has caught things they all missed without slowing down and/or taking over my system.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

I use the Malwarebytes software and have never had a problem. The software has detected malware issues in the past and has deleted them. It also available as a free trial version!

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

I bought a lifetime membership years ago and haven't looked back. I have not had a virus since that time. It's easy to use. I set it up for a daily virus scan in the middle of the night while I sleep. Nothing could be easier. It even warns me if I venture into murky waters. Before Malwarebytes I had tried Norton but nothing protects like Malwarebytes.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

I have been using "Malwarebytes" for several years with no problems. You pay a one-time fee of $25.00 and you're good to go. You receive updates as they are available.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

This software has been superior for me in all respects and catches many viruses Norton does not, or catches them earlier. I highly recommend it to all of my friends, and even some of my enemies.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

Malwarebytes was recommended by Apple when I exposed myself unwittingly to a potential malware and/Or virus. They cleaned up effectively everything wrong with my computer and I am 100% satisfied.

Malwarebytes expert review by Shelley Elmblad

Malwarebytes.org - Malwarebytes started in 2004, and since then it has detected and removed over 5 billion pieces of malware while running alongside antivirus software. Today, more than 200 team members across the globe contribute to keeping Malwarebytes effective and up to date.

• Multiple platforms: Malwarebytes runs on PC, Mac, Android and iOS devices to find worms, spyware, rootkits and more. You will need to install antivirus software separately; Malwarebytes detects and removes deep malicious code that is often not found by antivirus solutions.

• Free: The free version of Malwarebytes is very capable at finding and removing malware, but does not run constantly in the background for real time protection. Upgrade to the paid PC premium version for $24.95 for more scanning options and always-on screening. Malwarebytes only offers a free version for Mac right now.

• Business versions: Malwarebytes offers four business options with annual subscriptions for $29.95 per seat up to $49.95 per seat. Businesses with over 100 seats can contact sales to discuss pricing.

• Chameleon technology: If your computer is infected, you won’t need a separate bootable disk to repair it. Malwarebytes’ Chameleon driver stops malware from terminating or modifying processes so you can remove malware immediately without restarting your computer.

• Antivirus compatibility: Malwarebytes will run without a conflict on computers that have installed any of the antivirus software listed in this guide and many others.

• Best for: Individuals, business, families and people handling highly sensitive information.

Profile picture of Shelley Elmblad
    Shelley Elmblad

Financial Software Contributing Editor

Shelley Elmblad is a freelance writer with years of experience covering small business, personal finance and tax software and mobile apps. Shelley’s goal is to help others choose the best software to run a small business, track personal finances and save money.

Malwarebytes Company Information