3.6/5 (145 ratings)

About Malwarebytes

Malwarebytes Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Malwarebytes?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Malwarebytes?

Original review: June 15, 2021

Malwarebytes was recommended by the person I consider my computer genius, in fact that’s become the name of his company. Malwarebytes is reliable, cost effective - even the premium edition - and comprehensive in its defensive capabilities. No bait and switch from the initial to continuing costs. I am not a guru, but my guru recommended the app.

Original review: June 14, 2021

Malwarebytes is very good with Mac's and I have never had a problem with viruses. You can set it to scan as often as you want during the day or night. The company has a long history of fighting virus attacks and it very thorough in scanning for new viruses.

Get buying tips about Antivirus Software delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 13, 2021

Malwarebytes is very worth it. Price is reasonable, super easy to install and use. Makes me feel well covered on all websites. Works with Microsoft virus and others. Have been using this over 8 yrs. and it has detected all troubles, blocks. You have control over what any specific site can do. No problems at all.

Original review: June 12, 2021

I have used the free version for many years. It does what is needed, advises me of viruses and cleans them up. It is quick and appears to be thorough. I am always amazed at how many files I have! It was originally recommended to me by an IT technician at work. I thought that was a good recommendation and it hasn't failed me yet. I haven't upgraded simply because the free version seems to be sufficient for how I use my laptop. If I did more with the laptop, I would consider the upgrade

Original review: June 11, 2021

Have used this for years in conjunction with Windows antivirus and it has worked well. I have tried others but always return to it. It is resource friendly and does a good job. It updates frequently with definition files and program updates. It plays well with other antivirus programs and is easy to configure. The instances I have contacted support they have been helpful, once sending me a specific fix for virus that it was not picking up.

Original review: July 14, 2021

My computer expert with 10 yrs of good service recommended Malwarebytes for virus protection. Four weeks ago my computer started to act up. At one point I couldn't get into the computer. A guy worked on it for 1hr and said the computer got corrupted! What? How could that be? I have protect against this happening. $550.00 later I wanted to advise Malwarebytes and have not been able to. I found out that this company took $63.96 out of my credit card without my permission or knowledge on June 11, 2021. I am still trying to collect the money with the help my credit card company.

Original review: June 29, 2021

Today I received an email from them thanking me for "signing up" for service of protecting computers from Malware. They also said that they successfully withdrew the $449 from my bank account. I have never heard of this company nor have I never signed up for any computer protection program. I am in my 80's, exist on my social security benefits and seldom use my computer except to check for email messages.

I want any withdrawn funds remitted back to me and some legal action against them, as I am almost certain that I am not the only computer user that has been sucked into this scam. I would also like to know how or where they got my personal banking info, to prevent other scammers from using my private and personal information. Thank You.

Original review: June 26, 2021

Very reasonable. Responsible customer service. IT staff in the large agency where I work recommended using it for my laptop working from home. Have for laptop and cellphone. Generates a daily report.

Original review: April 2, 2021

I have had an issue with Malwarebytes Premium now for over a week. The issue seems to originate from real-time protection errors but it has caused my program to be unresponsive. The only access I get is through error messages. I have sent off the error logs through the Malwarebytes support tool but I am still waiting for help. I suspect that I have had no virus protection for more than a week now but Malwarebytes apparently sees no urgency in fixing this. This is not what I call "support".

Malwarebytes response

Hi Earl. Thanks for your feedback. I'm sorry to hear that you haven't had a response to your issue yet. I'd like to escalate this for you. In a minute, I'll send you a private response, if you could respond to that with your email address or your ticket number. I'll make sure one of our support agents will get in contact shortly.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2021

I have been loyal for many years and continually pay whatever price they come up with. But, with this outfit, you can search several publications/computer sites and literally end up with a plethora of varying prices. Then when you confront them. DUH? Many other consistent program to deal with...

Malwarebytes author review by Shelley Elmblad

Malwarebytes.org - Malwarebytes started in 2004, and since then it has detected and removed over 5 billion pieces of malware while running alongside antivirus software. Today, more than 200 team members across the globe contribute to keeping Malwarebytes effective and up to date.

• Multiple platforms: Malwarebytes runs on PC, Mac, Android and iOS devices to find worms, spyware, rootkits and more. You will need to install antivirus software separately; Malwarebytes detects and removes deep malicious code that is often not found by antivirus solutions.

• Free: The free version of Malwarebytes is very capable at finding and removing malware, but does not run constantly in the background for real time protection. Upgrade to the paid PC premium version for $24.95 for more scanning options and always-on screening. Malwarebytes only offers a free version for Mac right now.

• Business versions: Malwarebytes offers four business options with annual subscriptions for $29.95 per seat up to $49.95 per seat. Businesses with over 100 seats can contact sales to discuss pricing.

• Chameleon technology: If your computer is infected, you won’t need a separate bootable disk to repair it. Malwarebytes’ Chameleon driver stops malware from terminating or modifying processes so you can remove malware immediately without restarting your computer.

• Antivirus compatibility: Malwarebytes will run without a conflict on computers that have installed any of the antivirus software listed in this guide and many others.

by Shelley Elmblad Financial Software Contributing Editor

Shelley Elmblad is a freelance writer with years of experience covering small business, personal finance and tax software and mobile apps. Shelley’s goal is to help others choose the best software to run a small business, track personal finances and save money.

Malwarebytes Company Information