Shop Now
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.77/5

Kasperky creates antivirus software that protects your computer and smartphone from viruses, spyware, ransomware and other malware and cyberattacks. The company's products work on Windows and Apple computers as well as Apple and Android smartphones. Kaspersky offers cyberprotection solutions for homes and businesses, and the company provides a free 30-day trial.

Kaspersky Anti-Virus Shop Now

Kaspersky Anti-Virus Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kaspersky Anti-Virus?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kaspersky Anti-Virus?

Original review: April 11, 2020

This best company for security for computers and phones. They make sure you're always safe. Always updating. The price of 1 year is great and they do offer free limited protections. Either way you still have some type of protection. They have five star rating. One year is around $14.00 dollars that you cant beat for phone protection. You try the rest. Now try the best on market.

Original review: April 5, 2020

Have use it for years then something happen. On the PC had to unload it and then reload it in the AM. Then talking to my son that is IT. He upgraded my system to 10. He say Microsoft is still the best to use. I could try again this year on the PC and laptop. Tho, not sure? The price is good for three pc and updates are good. Another thing my son mention. Some anti virus companies will install to block others anti virus if you don't plan to renew. Which I can understand and agree with.

Get buying tips about Antivirus Software delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 1, 2020

Great software. Stops all kinds of spyware malware. Protects your email account. Overall a great product. I was using Norton. Just could not do the job securing the 4 desktops and 4 laptops in my home. I feel the software is protecting our whole family's privacy. Would recommend this to anyone who has security issues.

Original review: March 30, 2020

I love Kaspersky. I have had it for 2 or more years and have never had a problem. I have it on my phone and tablet. My husband does as well. I would recommend it highly. We have tried many of the other security programs but Kaspersky seems to be the best for us.

Original review: March 27, 2020

I have used Kaspersky for 8 years and have been very satisfied. I also use avg computer tuneup. It may be out there, but an email checker for spam would be nice, i.e. if the sending address does not match the subject as in pay pal notification form **....

Original review: Dec. 2, 2020

I was looking for a good free anti-virus protection program and this was viewed as the best, but as I was getting more automatic updates, I started receiving large popups, to pay to update, which I couldn't remove unless I exited whatever I was doing because it was in the way and I couldn't continue whatever I was doing. Very annoying when you work from home. I had to uninstall the program.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2020

I downloaded the trial and was basically satisfied with the software and was going to purchase it. It said I would be guaranteed the same price It was offered the day I started my trial. That was a lie. I had used their anti-Virus before, and couldn't remember why I stopped using it, and then I remembered as soon as I got on the phone with their tech/customer support staff.

First off they are always rude. I had purchased some add ons with the trial on the monthly basis just for extra protection because the full coverage was not included in the trial run. Anyway, I was asking about the special they had, and no one seemed to know what that was. And okay. That is fine. But they were rude about it and said they were the best anti-virus out there and if I didn't buy there are bad things that would happen and it would be my own fault. I asked to talk to his supervisor and that guy backed up his threats. I told him to just cancel everything. Well he didn't. I was charge again for one of the ala carte services. I had tried calling one day and due to covid could not hang on the call for hours. It was 4.99. I figure they would not do it again. I was wrong. They did it again.

I called them back today and it was weird because he asked if I knew 3 different people which I did not. Then he said have I had any weird things happen with my bank account, and yes that would be earlier today. Someone tried to access it but couldn't figure out the password. Asked to share my screen to see what was going on. Well ma'am you have a Torpig, even took me to Wikki so I would know what it means. Showed me everywhere on my computer where it was. He told me I was in luck because he knew how to get rid of it and I needed to buy an additional network firewall, have it certified for 1,3, 5 years, or a lifetime because the hacker that got on my computer stole mine.

I told him I would have another anti-virus company do it and I just wanted my refund and cancel the subscription again. I had a VPN and it was not through them. Since he was sharing a screen with me he saw my malware company and immediately said they are not capable of doing this job. Then he proceeded to tell me that he is unable to cancel the subscription or give me my money back because 3 other people are connected with my account. I started laughing and told him to get the money and back pay from them but I wanted my money refunded and we already came to the conclusion I've been hacked. He hung up on me.

I called back and briefly told the next person what happened, and he said well other people are using the services. I said in the same bored tone, Then let them pay for it. I still don't have my money back and on top of it, they won't cancel the subscription. I received an email in the mail right after that call thanking me for the subscription and another one at 5:45 that was thanking me for my order.

So folks at your own risk, if you use this company for anti-virus and cancel, and someone else hacks you....or so they say you might be paying for a while still, but even stranger, after I rebooted my computer the strangest thing happened, all of that Torpig he found on my computer was completely GONE. I couldn't find it anywhere nor could the 3 different software programs I used just for that could find it either. It's gone. I have to wonder if that was not a trick of my eyes or what.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2020

It took over 3 hours to simple clean up my computer with no communication. Very sad. Asked to speak to a supervisor and did not get. It was like she was helping other customers and I was on hold. I have been with them for years and was happy until they changed the chat. All I had to do was hit the chat button but not now. Check out other securities.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2020

I have used Kaspersky for about 5 years. The anti-virus protection is very good. I went into my account on the website today and found it difficult to change my own phone number and to delete an old payment method. The Chat came up and I wrote about these issues. They suggested that I call them. I told them I really didn't have time and just wanted to change my information on the website. They sent me a form to fill out to change this info. Forget it! It seems pretty backward for an otherwise avant-garde company.

Original review: July 3, 2020

Two of my Laptops suspected to be infected by virus. So, I bought Kaspersky Total security 2 licenses for my both Laptops by May 20. Since then their technical team is unable to fix the issue. They are the dump to the core. They provided Indian customer care number is never get reachable and their technical support engineers are with no or less knowledge about the Antivirus. To provide them the Traces (took my 120 GB space) I needed to delete my personal data up to 40 plus GB data. I am surprised that these couldn't fix a home system in 2 months?

Kaspersky Anti-Virus author review by Shelley Elmblad

Kaspersky Anti-Virus was developed in 2006 by Kaspersky Lab, an international security company that operates worldwide with 300 million users. Kaspersky Lab is based in the U.K. with U.S. headquarters in Massachusetts.

• Free trial: Kaspersky offers free trial downloads for Windows PC, Mac and Android, and business antivirus with applications for servers as well as desktop computers. There is no version for iOS devices.

• Many price points: Antivirus software options range from $19.99 to $99.99, often with deep discounts. The highest option, Total Security, protects up to five computers and mobile devices of your choice. There is a 30-day money back guarantee.

• Home and business options: There are three levels of antivirus software for home use offering basic to ultimate protection. Business solutions are defined by business size with three levels from small business to enterprise environments.

• Virus & Spyware Removal: If your computer is not running optimally or you suspect there’s malware before you install the antivirus software, Kaspersky can remotely connect to your computer to find problems, and remove malware hiding deep in your system. The service costs $99.99.

• Virtual keyboard: This technology lets the user enter passwords and other data using mouse clicks instead of a keyboard so keyloggers can’t capture this information.

by Shelley Elmblad Financial Software Contributing Editor

Shelley Elmblad is a freelance writer with years of experience covering small business, personal finance and tax software and mobile apps. Shelley’s goal is to help others choose the best software to run a small business, track personal finances and save money.

Kaspersky Anti-Virus Company Information