Take a quiz, get matched with an Accredited Partner!

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.49/5

Kaspersky Anti-Virus Reviews

Original review: March 12, 2020

Since I am staying in Japan, the regular available option to buy the software is in Japanese language. I purchased the same from Amazon.jp, only to realize later that only Japanese language can be used with the software. There is no option to change the language! What about foreigners who stay in Japan? Are they not important? I contacted Kaspersky support and they told that they cannot do anything as I purchased from 3rd party. Amazon.jp says product is non refundable! Utter waste of my 10k!

Really pathetic experience. None of these problems are mentioned anywhere, I came to know only after buying the product. Being such a well known product, I expect them to provide multiple language support even for people staying in a particular region. Never buy Kaspersky if you are in a non-English speaking country! That is my recommendation!

Original review: March 10, 2020

The My Kaspersky program hindered Gmail loading at times and worse, a hacker was able to get into the program and change my private email address and password thereby sabotaging the parental control applications which could not be fixed on my end. Contacted their support line and tech guy said it would cost $200.00 to fix.. I don't think so! Won't be renewing my subscription with this outfit.

Get expert buying tips about Antivirus Software delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2020

I used this product for several years. I clicked 14 day pop up to renew. I stopped at mandatory auto renewal button, opened chat window, stated my concern about forced auto renewal. It put me into a long wait queue. Waited 15 minutes then decided to go ahead. Most people cannot wait and Kaspersky uses that to wear you down. But then it would not accept my renewal. Another long wait to have a salesperson call me. They wanted permission into my system but the permission box to allow them access never came up, I lucked out but salesperson was pissed. They then tried very very hard to upsell me to more expensive product way beyond what I already had and which was designed for a large family. Very pushy but I finally made my wishes clear I didn’t want it.

Next for some reason even with the salesperson so-called “Help” the renewal wouldn’t go through. They had no answer why this kept happening. IMO it was rigged so it wouldn’t go through until I selected the more expensive product. I call it deceptive criminal activity. Positively odious! Attitude of salesperson was dismissive throughout the call I guess because they didn’t get my upsell order. A very unhelpful person. I told them to forget it! An hour of wasted time, my bank froze cc due to unusual activity and they maliciously disconnected one of the managed devices from my account as petty “revenge.” Kaspersky treats customers badly. You have been warned! Try Bitdefender, McAfee, or even Norton instead. Read all the bad reviews and avoid Kaspersky! If you must use them - Buy on Amazon. It’s MUCH cheaper!

Original review: Jan. 24, 2020

I installed Kaspersky Total Security (Free 30 Days Trial) in Windows 8. An error of graphics was showing when it was installing. When I started using it my laptop was restarting automatically. I couldn't do anything. It didn't give me any chance to uninstall it. I wanted to try how this software works. Later I refresh my Windows at a certain point. By that way I removed Kaspersky. I don't recommend it at all. Norton is much better even you pay little extra. Be aware of before using Kaspersky.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2019

Tried calling and they have a bunch of random numbers and all customer service reps are so rude and not helpful at all!! I had a simple problem. I was charged 20 dollars on my PayPal for Kaspersky internet and I never got it on my computer. They could have told me how to download it or given me my money back since I never got it. But they did nothing except tell me to call other numbers!! and they were so rude and did not answer any of my questions.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kaspersky Anti-Virus?

Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

The prior years versions of Kaspersky worked fine, Kasperksy 11 has been a never ending battle to keep the system working and battle bugs/problems. Requires too many ports, and has had too little testing.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2019

As soon as I installed Kaspersky I was unable to download files more than 25% of the time. I am an experienced user and know that the files I was downloading were safe but I could only get them after disabling Kaspersky. It also deleted without asking a number of file that I know are safe and that had been on my computer for years.

Worst of all it killed my email program (Thunderbird). The process would start but not the program AND the thunderbird.exe process could not be killed short of a restart. Most restarts failed and I had to use the power button to force a shutdown and then restart. Tonight I uninstalled Kaspersky (that was a trauma too) and replaced it with another program. Magic! - The computer including Thunderbird now work as they should.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2019

I have purchased Kaspersky but they didn't provide the activation codes and there is no way of contacting them in Australia, nothing zilch, so if you want problems buy this garbage. Otherwise use a proper company.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2019

My Kaspersky software was up for renewal. I received a pop-up message that it was about to expire. I went to the application and there was no 'RENEW' button as stated there would me in the tutorial. I called and got tech support and he informed that I would need to call their customer service at (877) 232-4588. I had my email address, License number and all other information. The customer service representative (CSR) informed that without an order number I would need to go back to where I bought my PC and have them help me. I have had my PC for 3 years and had no issues before this with Kapersky but apparently they do not care about existing customers. Two hours of time wasted and they have no regard for existing customers. Stay away from this product!

Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

Unfortunately, zero stars is not an option. My license for Kaspersky is about to expire. I had to go and buy a new version of Kaspersky "Total Security" at Officeworks because Kaspersky's on-line renewal is twice the price of the retail (not discounted) version. Think about the ethics of that as a starting point!! I had trouble downloading the new version of Kaspersky Total Security. No verification email was sent to my valid email address despite several attempts. I tried trawling through the on-line help, but nothing was available. Eventually I rang the help line.

Why does Kaspersky only offer help if you are prepared to allow them to take control of your computer remotely? (They rudely hang-up when you politely decline.) This is the first rule of secure computing - don't install programs that allow remote access! Harvey Norman in Australia won't sell Kaspersky. I am beginning to understand why! I am going to try to get my money back from Officeworks tomorrow. I'll bet I have trouble doing that as well. Oh well, another $96 down the gurgler.

Kaspersky Anti-Virus expert review by Shelley Elmblad

Kaspersky Anti-Virus was developed in 2006 by Kaspersky Lab, an international security company that operates worldwide with 300 million users. Kaspersky Lab is based in the U.K. with U.S. headquarters in Massachusetts.

• Free trial: Kaspersky offers free trial downloads for Windows PC, Mac and Android, and business antivirus with applications for servers as well as desktop computers. There is no version for iOS devices.

• Many price points: Antivirus software options range from $19.99 to $99.99, often with deep discounts. The highest option, Total Security, protects up to five computers and mobile devices of your choice. There is a 30-day money back guarantee.

• Home and business options: There are three levels of antivirus software for home use offering basic to ultimate protection. Business solutions are defined by business size with three levels from small business to enterprise environments.

• Virus & Spyware Removal: If your computer is not running optimally or you suspect there’s malware before you install the antivirus software, Kaspersky can remotely connect to your computer to find problems, and remove malware hiding deep in your system. The service costs $99.99.

• Virtual keyboard: This technology lets the user enter passwords and other data using mouse clicks instead of a keyboard so keyloggers can’t capture this information.

• Best for: Individuals, families, people handling highly sensitive information and businesses.

by Shelley Elmblad Financial Software Contributing Editor

Shelley Elmblad is a freelance writer with years of experience covering small business, personal finance and tax software and mobile apps. Shelley’s goal is to help others choose the best software to run a small business, track personal finances and save money.

Kaspersky Anti-Virus Company Information