Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.89/5

Kasperky creates antivirus software that protects your computer and smartphone from viruses, spyware, ransomware and other malware and cyberattacks. The company's products work on Windows and Apple computers as well as Apple and Android smartphones. Kaspersky offers cyberprotection solutions for homes and businesses, and the company provides a free 30-day trial.

Kaspersky Anti-Virus Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kaspersky Anti-Virus?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kaspersky Anti-Virus?

Original review: April 11, 2020

This best company for security for computers and phones. They make sure you're always safe. Always updating. The price of 1 year is great and they do offer free limited protections. Either way you still have some type of protection. They have five star rating. One year is around $14.00 dollars that you cant beat for phone protection. You try the rest. Now try the best on market.

Original review: April 5, 2020

Have use it for years then something happen. On the PC had to unload it and then reload it in the AM. Then talking to my son that is IT. He upgraded my system to 10. He say Microsoft is still the best to use. I could try again this year on the PC and laptop. Tho, not sure? The price is good for three pc and updates are good. Another thing my son mention. Some anti virus companies will install to block others anti virus if you don't plan to renew. Which I can understand and agree with.

Get buying tips about Antivirus Software delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 1, 2020

Great software. Stops all kinds of spyware malware. Protects your email account. Overall a great product. I was using Norton. Just could not do the job securing the 4 desktops and 4 laptops in my home. I feel the software is protecting our whole family's privacy. Would recommend this to anyone who has security issues.

Original review: March 30, 2020

I love Kaspersky. I have had it for 2 or more years and have never had a problem. I have it on my phone and tablet. My husband does as well. I would recommend it highly. We have tried many of the other security programs but Kaspersky seems to be the best for us.

Original review: March 27, 2020

I have used Kaspersky for 8 years and have been very satisfied. I also use avg computer tuneup. It may be out there, but an email checker for spam would be nice, i.e. if the sending address does not match the subject as in pay pal notification form **....

Original review: July 3, 2020

Two of my Laptops suspected to be infected by virus. So, I bought Kaspersky Total security 2 licenses for my both Laptops by May 20. Since then their technical team is unable to fix the issue. They are the dump to the core. They provided Indian customer care number is never get reachable and their technical support engineers are with no or less knowledge about the Antivirus. To provide them the Traces (took my 120 GB space) I needed to delete my personal data up to 40 plus GB data. I am surprised that these couldn't fix a home system in 2 months?

Original review: June 10, 2020

Because I used this anti-virus in the past and had good experience I decided to purchase it and install it on my new computer. First bad experience was an attempt to download after paying for a subscription ended up with a notification that I needed to purchase the program after I already had. This was not resolved easily.

Once that issue was straightened out, my new laptop stopped opening and streaming television shows, videos, in fact every streaming subscription I purchased no longer worked. After 3 days of looking up "streaming issues with Kapersky" I found no online answer. I did the few steps suggested and there was no solution. I decided to walk away from my purchase price, install a free and easier to use security application. As soon as I deleted Kaspersky off my computer, all of the streaming was restored. I'd attempted many fixes before that desperate measure.

I'm not sure if the conflict was some proprietary issue with the expensive laptop I purchased or not, but I'd rather switch from Kaspersky than fight several more days trying to resolve the issue. I had error codes with 4 different movie streaming sites, I bought the expensive laptop to improve my screen casting experience and ended up unable to watch anything. The free security software I downloaded works much better and is much easier to use.

Original review: June 7, 2020

I tried to renew my software licence. My payment was processed and I received activation code. Code does not work since I moved to diff. country. The troubleshoot instruct to contact tech support and write a detailed letter but I could not access it anywhere from the site and when I click on tech support it takes me to page for double authentication asking to renew the password as if I am creating new account and the message comes out that e mail is associated with another acc_ MINE! It is soooo difficult to get hold of tech support and the experience is terrifically frustrating. System is asking me to give password that it hides from me. I there are no clear contact details on who to contact and how and I ended up running in circles and being locked out of the account and keep knocking on the closed door.

Original review: April 9, 2020

My POV is that the easier antivirus tool available today. Very simple to use and UX experience drive us quickly to answers that we need. The way that performs automatic updates is transparent for us most of the times. Very good.

Original review: April 4, 2020

I do not recommend this antivirus. Windows 10 includes the Windows Defender and nothing I have seen shows that Kaspersky is superior to this utility included in Windows 10. I am also concerned that this software is from a Russian Software company. I do not want my computer security to be from a company who uses our computer systems and internet to hurt the USA.

Kaspersky Anti-Virus author review by Shelley Elmblad

Kaspersky Anti-Virus was developed in 2006 by Kaspersky Lab, an international security company that operates worldwide with 300 million users. Kaspersky Lab is based in the U.K. with U.S. headquarters in Massachusetts.

• Free trial: Kaspersky offers free trial downloads for Windows PC, Mac and Android, and business antivirus with applications for servers as well as desktop computers. There is no version for iOS devices.

• Many price points: Antivirus software options range from $19.99 to $99.99, often with deep discounts. The highest option, Total Security, protects up to five computers and mobile devices of your choice. There is a 30-day money back guarantee.

• Home and business options: There are three levels of antivirus software for home use offering basic to ultimate protection. Business solutions are defined by business size with three levels from small business to enterprise environments.

• Virus & Spyware Removal: If your computer is not running optimally or you suspect there’s malware before you install the antivirus software, Kaspersky can remotely connect to your computer to find problems, and remove malware hiding deep in your system. The service costs $99.99.

• Virtual keyboard: This technology lets the user enter passwords and other data using mouse clicks instead of a keyboard so keyloggers can’t capture this information.

by Shelley Elmblad Financial Software Contributing Editor

Shelley Elmblad is a freelance writer with years of experience covering small business, personal finance and tax software and mobile apps. Shelley’s goal is to help others choose the best software to run a small business, track personal finances and save money.

Kaspersky Anti-Virus Company Information