3.8/5 (71 ratings)

About Kaspersky Anti-Virus

Kasperky creates antivirus software that protects your computer and smartphone from viruses, spyware, ransomware and other malware and cyberattacks. The company's products work on Windows and Apple computers as well as Apple and Android smartphones. Kaspersky offers cyberprotection solutions for homes and businesses, and the company provides a free 30-day trial.

Kaspersky Anti-Virus Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kaspersky Anti-Virus?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kaspersky Anti-Virus?

Original review: May 26, 2021

I purchased Kaspersky Antivirus online on May 15 2021. Kaspersky then received their payment that day but I still received messages that my computer wasn't protected. Good luck getting any help on account or technical issues unless you like to go in circles. I did eventually create a ticket but never got a response.

Original review: April 18, 2021

Bought the Kaspersky internet security and the $10.00 automatic download. The download did not work and unless you are ready to sit for your next masters exam, the download instructions almost work so you can do the required research to figure it out. The "chat feature" does not work for additional help and there is no one to talk you. Baby you're on your own after they have your money.

Get buying tips about Antivirus Software delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 29, 2021

I purchased this antivirus program a year ago, then tried to obtain help from tech support but was unable to obtain any communication from them. Therefore I canceled the service, notified them, and obtained a different antivirus program. Last week I was notified that my PayPal account had been billed for renewal. I let PayPal know what happened, and they canceled the automatic billing that had been begun when I purchased the service without my knowing it. I started a case in an effort to obtain a refund but my case was denied by PayPal. I'm not happy with them either. But Kaspersky made it impossible to even log into my account to change my preferences or cancel. They sent links that would not work. I do not believe this is an ethical company at all!!!

Original review: March 20, 2021

I had take Kaspersky total security. Since the first day I had installed it system started choking, hangup, slow, performance down, net slow. Day by day new issue comes. Latest was automatic kaspersky disabled when system cool boot ie after shutdown when we starts then kaspersky auto disabled then we need to click on its icon on desktop to enable it. When I installed same day same time itself system started slow and hangup then I thought to check why. Then I check by uninstalling it I found changes in speed. Then I contacted customer care. They told me that, "Your processor is core3duo and our org pc is core7 so your system is slow. Kindly improve hardware." Which was ridiculous reply. Then after few days one new issue came along with old which was running already.

New issue came that Gmail was not opening. Then again contacted them for this. They collected some data from my system by taking it remotely and told, "We will get back to you." Then it was going on already. Then again after few days new issue came. This time my netbanking page was not opening. Then I contacted them again. Then they tool my system remotely. Then they were not able to check. They told, "We will bring our expert." Then after 2 days expert took remotely and check. They told it's bank website issue.

Then for my checking I installed Norton in place of kaspersky and checked then it was coming. Then I made a small video for proof so that they should not ignore it. When I showed them they were telling, "We don't know anything about other all how it's work (norton one)." Then it means norton is better than kasperksy. They were not ready to listen that. Then I told to escalate it. Side by side old issue was already running.

Then again expert came from Russia remotely then they told at last that for gmail the kaspersky banner is creating issue and for auto disabled everything is fine. Then I asked for slow issue. They started telling that, "Your ram is less. Your processor is old model which is cored2duo" which I think is sufficient for home user. Ram was 4gb total and in that if norton was able to run fine then kaspersky shuld also run. If it's not running then it means it's waste. All this drama was happening within 15 days of time period. Then I asked them for refund which they told me 30 days refund policy. Then when asked then they asked for bill copy and bank details. I shared to them then they told me that, "We can't refund the amount as you have purchased it from "seller not from our official website"." I got shocked. Kaspersky is kaspersky. Now you purchase it from anywhere.

Also they told that, "For refund you talk with seller where you bought." Then I told them to write a mail that in 30 days I am getting issue and technical team is not able to solve and taking time so kindly refund the amount. They told, "We will not write because we don't deal and talk with seller as seller is other and we are other..." When I was purchasing I saw that price on official website was 2799/- 1yr 1pc when I saw outside near shop I got same item in 400/- so I took outside but if I was aware of all this refund drama that is not taking from our website then refund not possible then I would not have take their item from anywhere... I bought on 25 Feb 2021 and not a single day gone when any issue solved and everyday it was difficult to handle the slow system, choked system, net issue slow, kasperksy chat support connecting. Their call most of time don't connect.

I mailed to ceo also but their response was not acceptable at all and till now issue not solved. They only one thing that collect data from system but later what they do don't know. They told that, "We will support even though you didn't buy here" but then also they are not able to solve. Just collecting data. Every time new person comes in chat and remote support and asking the issue then say from starting but it's waste of time. I found with core2duo processor+4gb ram+2.4ghz+ windows 10 is not compatible strictly... They were telling me to make to core i7 for running smoothly and ram make it 8-16gb which was ridiculous reply as norton is easily running with above specifications... When I said them in Google people are giving reviews that kaspersky has issue with compatiblity they remote person experts) were telling that reviews are not genuine and are old reviews... All foolish reply...

Pros:-
    1) Brand name is there and product will be genuine.
    2) Protection will be there.
    3) Have chat support.
    4) Have remote support and email support.
    5) Have call support.
    6) Products available everywhere ie can buy from many places.
    7) 30days refund policy there.
    cons:-
    1) Even though product genuine but after installing I experience system slow, choking, performance down, System hang, Gmail net issue etc
    2) Protection will there but due to which system performance impacts.
    3) Even having remote support but it's no use as issue not able to solve on time.
    4) Product there but if bought online on official site then price too high there. Too costly. When buy from nearby shop then too low to buy.
    5) 30 days refund policy apply on if bought from official store ie official site not even if from Amazon also bought. Then contact with amazon for refund they will not refund. If nearby seller shop contact from seller for refund.
    6) Call support most time not contactable and its limited time ie 10am to 6pm ist.
    7) May face compatibility issue with windows 10 32bit and 64bit os .. Kindly check and then try..strictly....
    8) May get call back from Russian support team on own phone number but after too late of time to delay....

9) Vpn not free unlimited only 200mb daily free. If want vpn full version need to buy separate ie 2000 approx INR.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2020

I was looking for a good free anti-virus protection program and this was viewed as the best, but as I was getting more automatic updates, I started receiving large popups, to pay to update, which I couldn't remove unless I exited whatever I was doing because it was in the way and I couldn't continue whatever I was doing. Very annoying when you work from home. I had to uninstall the program.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2020

I downloaded the trial and was basically satisfied with the software and was going to purchase it. It said I would be guaranteed the same price It was offered the day I started my trial. That was a lie. I had used their anti-Virus before, and couldn't remember why I stopped using it, and then I remembered as soon as I got on the phone with their tech/customer support staff.

First off they are always rude. I had purchased some add ons with the trial on the monthly basis just for extra protection because the full coverage was not included in the trial run. Anyway, I was asking about the special they had, and no one seemed to know what that was. And okay. That is fine. But they were rude about it and said they were the best anti-virus out there and if I didn't buy there are bad things that would happen and it would be my own fault. I asked to talk to his supervisor and that guy backed up his threats. I told him to just cancel everything. Well he didn't. I was charge again for one of the ala carte services. I had tried calling one day and due to covid could not hang on the call for hours. It was 4.99. I figure they would not do it again. I was wrong. They did it again.

I called them back today and it was weird because he asked if I knew 3 different people which I did not. Then he said have I had any weird things happen with my bank account, and yes that would be earlier today. Someone tried to access it but couldn't figure out the password. Asked to share my screen to see what was going on. Well ma'am you have a Torpig, even took me to Wikki so I would know what it means. Showed me everywhere on my computer where it was. He told me I was in luck because he knew how to get rid of it and I needed to buy an additional network firewall, have it certified for 1,3, 5 years, or a lifetime because the hacker that got on my computer stole mine.

I told him I would have another anti-virus company do it and I just wanted my refund and cancel the subscription again. I had a VPN and it was not through them. Since he was sharing a screen with me he saw my malware company and immediately said they are not capable of doing this job. Then he proceeded to tell me that he is unable to cancel the subscription or give me my money back because 3 other people are connected with my account. I started laughing and told him to get the money and back pay from them but I wanted my money refunded and we already came to the conclusion I've been hacked. He hung up on me.

I called back and briefly told the next person what happened, and he said well other people are using the services. I said in the same bored tone, Then let them pay for it. I still don't have my money back and on top of it, they won't cancel the subscription. I received an email in the mail right after that call thanking me for the subscription and another one at 5:45 that was thanking me for my order.

So folks at your own risk, if you use this company for anti-virus and cancel, and someone else hacks you....or so they say you might be paying for a while still, but even stranger, after I rebooted my computer the strangest thing happened, all of that Torpig he found on my computer was completely GONE. I couldn't find it anywhere nor could the 3 different software programs I used just for that could find it either. It's gone. I have to wonder if that was not a trick of my eyes or what.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2020

It took over 3 hours to simple clean up my computer with no communication. Very sad. Asked to speak to a supervisor and did not get. It was like she was helping other customers and I was on hold. I have been with them for years and was happy until they changed the chat. All I had to do was hit the chat button but not now. Check out other securities.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2020

HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE, I called because I had a problem with the passwords and they told me that in 2 hours they would call me, that never happened they just called the next day, I no longer need them.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2020

I have used Kaspersky for about 5 years. The anti-virus protection is very good. I went into my account on the website today and found it difficult to change my own phone number and to delete an old payment method. The Chat came up and I wrote about these issues. They suggested that I call them. I told them I really didn't have time and just wanted to change my information on the website. They sent me a form to fill out to change this info. Forget it! It seems pretty backward for an otherwise avant-garde company.

Original review: July 3, 2020

Two of my Laptops suspected to be infected by virus. So, I bought Kaspersky Total security 2 licenses for my both Laptops by May 20. Since then their technical team is unable to fix the issue. They are the dump to the core. They provided Indian customer care number is never get reachable and their technical support engineers are with no or less knowledge about the Antivirus. To provide them the Traces (took my 120 GB space) I needed to delete my personal data up to 40 plus GB data. I am surprised that these couldn't fix a home system in 2 months?

Kaspersky Anti-Virus author review by Shelley Elmblad

Kaspersky Anti-Virus was developed in 2006 by Kaspersky Lab, an international security company that operates worldwide with 300 million users. Kaspersky Lab is based in the U.K. with U.S. headquarters in Massachusetts.

• Free trial: Kaspersky offers free trial downloads for Windows PC, Mac and Android, and business antivirus with applications for servers as well as desktop computers. There is no version for iOS devices.

• Many price points: Antivirus software options range from $19.99 to $99.99, often with deep discounts. The highest option, Total Security, protects up to five computers and mobile devices of your choice. There is a 30-day money back guarantee.

• Home and business options: There are three levels of antivirus software for home use offering basic to ultimate protection. Business solutions are defined by business size with three levels from small business to enterprise environments.

• Virus & Spyware Removal: If your computer is not running optimally or you suspect there’s malware before you install the antivirus software, Kaspersky can remotely connect to your computer to find problems, and remove malware hiding deep in your system. The service costs $99.99.

• Virtual keyboard: This technology lets the user enter passwords and other data using mouse clicks instead of a keyboard so keyloggers can’t capture this information.

by Shelley Elmblad Financial Software Contributing Editor

Shelley Elmblad is a freelance writer with years of experience covering small business, personal finance and tax software and mobile apps. Shelley’s goal is to help others choose the best software to run a small business, track personal finances and save money.

Kaspersky Anti-Virus Company Information