3.05/5

Looking for an Antivirus Provider?

Kaspersky Anti-Virus

Looking for an Antivirus Provider?

84 Kaspersky Anti-Virus Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 14, 2019

I have been customer since 2013 and it worked fine. This year nothing really worked properly. According to the recent reviews many other customers had problems starting in 2018. So I decided to go with a different company. The problem is I can't get to the website to undo the auto-renewal!! It directs here and there but nothing works which I concluded after 3 hours of trying. My only hope is that they have my old and deleted card and will not be able to get to the money.

Original review: June 30, 2019

I am a cryptographer for a major Canadian bank. The installation on my home computer was slow and then I could not update the virus database nor run any scans. Kaspersky simply did not run after multiple installs and fixes. I had used McAfee for years and it was a resource hog but at least it worked. Terrible experience and support. Find something else!!!!

Get expert buying tips about Antivirus Software delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 15, 2019

Have you all read on reputable sites that Kaspersky has hacked U.S. intelligence community computers? They have a real problem with the fact that they have strong ties to Russia. So, I am skeptical of them to begin with. So, I had system resource problems and began uninstalling programs. When I uninstalled Kaspersky Free Antivirus, not only did it leave most, or maybe all, of the folders and files in my program files but I could not delete them. I tried LockHunter but it couldn't unlock them or delete them even when it said it would delete them on restart. I finally went into safe mode to delete them. Thank God I know how to do that but I'm wondering if they can use the files left on computers to track users' information. I would not put that past them. I had the same thing happen with Avast. Do they have any Russian ties?

Original review: March 23, 2019

Card processing just doesn't work, PayPal/Digital River payment doesn't work, no order confirmation for 2 days, no response from support, unable to renew license during one week. People, stop using them... I must say it after 15 years of being their customer...

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

For three years, we have been trying to cancel the auto withdrawals from our credit card. The customer service reps keep saying they will stop the auto withdrawals (we have not used it for nearly five years) and refund the credit card. They repeatedly say that the refund will show up within three months (why so long?). Instead of issuing any refunds they have charged the credit card six more times!!! We had to cancel the credit card to make them stop. The US government has taken it off all their systems due to suspected spying. If I could give it zero stars, I would. The owner is a friend of Putin. I will never recommend them even if the software works. No wonder they are interfering in our democracy. They are crooks.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kaspersky Anti-Virus?

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

I have been Kaspersky customer for many years but usually used 1-year subscription for my PC. Last time, in November 2017, I have renewed Kaspersky Internet security but have chosen 2 years package. First year of usage suddenly I have started experienced some troubles with Windows starting up - my laptop often required restart just to make Windows running. I never thought that it has some connection with antivirus that I have bought however my Windows software is original and purchased from authorised distributor. But second year of Kaspersky subscription started from very unpleasant things.

First, in My Kaspersky profile it was shown that I have no subscription at all and secondly my laptop has been shutting down and/or restarting every time when Kaspersky was trying to run database update or to scan my PC. I checked setting but haven't find anything abnormal. So, I complained to the CC of Kaspersky and asked to fix this issue. Now, more than one month I waste my time by writing/replying to the company. I have spent time to retrieving some system reports and providing them with extra info. Nothing has been repaired yet.

My laptop still gets blue/black with stripes screen and gets shut every time when it tries to update or run Kaspersky. I have paid money but my PC stays unprotected and getting faulty. And nobody does anything to fix it. I requested their company to return me amount paid for second year of subscription so I can purchase another antivirus software but they just ignore my request. I don't know if anybody else faces such problems or it is just me being so unlucky. Whatever, but I surely will never go for Kaspersky antivirus anymore.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

I have been subscribed to this Anti-Virus for several years, and haven't used the program or the computer in 3 years and you guessed it. They keep charging me. I have tried on numerous occasions over the last few years to unsubscribe but there is no help! I got one response in the last year and tried calling the number I was given and all that happened was the number rang, a computer stating they were Kaspersky and then hung up, haven't been able to reach them since. Even though the credit card I used is expired they keep charging me $119 a year and I have been asking them to cancel but they keep taking my money. I am unable to contact them, I feel this company is just a scam. I do not recommend this company at all, buyers beware. And if there is anyone out there with the same problem and got a resolution PLEASE help me!

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

I was a loyal Kaspersky Antivirus customer for the past decade, plus formerly, I had recommended what I felt to be a superior product to many other individuals, and a few organizations. Increasingly over the past decade, however, I was concerned about Kaspersky's tendency to usurp my right-of-choice relative to control over its self-serving and invasive marketing tactics, and my computer property. Additionally, I found it increasingly frustrating to locate accurate account information (including previous purchases and proof of Opt-Out requests for not participating in auto-billing) on the Kaspersky site, or its authorized retailer, Digital River. Product 2018's near-expiration marked the watershed moment when I went shopping for a competitive product, and made the switch. And I am wholly satisfied with my decision to do so (Bitdefender Internet Security 2019).

Kaspersky should step up their Customer Service game (in particular in light of prevailing privacy concerns of their North American customer base), and lose their invasive, nagsome near-expiration marketing strategies. For the last two weeks of the customer's paid-for license, the customer's computer is beset with intimidating messages displayed in glaring red-is-for-danger, "There's a problem with your license", and daily popups indicating "Renew now"-- all of which the customer is powerless to disable. Since this issue has been a reported issue with Kaspersky products for each of the 10 years that I was a loyal customer, I/"one" must conclude that Kaspersky is arrogantly indifferent to the concerns/needs/rights of their paying customers. In a globally competitive market, why should I/"one" continue to pay for such an experience? Answer--I no longer do, and neither do my referrals.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

I have not been able to login to my account for a year. Kaspersky renewed my subscription without my permission last year and customer service is not helpful. Something like resetting a password should be simple and not require a phone call, but if you have to call it should be resolved immediately and was not. One the customer service people I spoke to actually laughed at me! I had the correct password, but still could not login to my account. I don't recommend any company that can't resolve a simple password reset.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

I was looking for a little more protection for my MacBook and the saying "If it's not broken don't fix it" was never more appropriate. After extensive research it came apparent that Kaspersky Anti-Virus was the best for the MacBook from various sources but none of them Apple. I went ahead and purchased it and it was the most controlling, obstructive software I have experienced. It caused problems with the running of my MacBook and I needed to uninstall it. After many attempts and going around in circles I had to call Apple Care who managed eventually to clear my MacBook of it. Please do not download this onto a MacBook. The reason that many people, including myself buy Apple is because of the security. It is easy to believe that you need more and that is what these companies rely on. Trust Apple and live well alone.

Kaspersky Anti-Virus expert review by Shelley Elmblad

Kaspersky Anti-Virus was developed in 2006 by Kaspersky Lab, an international security company that operates worldwide with 300 million users. Kaspersky Lab is based in the U.K. with U.S. headquarters in Massachusetts.

• Free trial: Kaspersky offers free trial downloads for Windows PC, Mac and Android, and business antivirus with applications for servers as well as desktop computers. There is no version for iOS devices.

• Many price points: Antivirus software options range from $19.99 to $99.99, often with deep discounts. The highest option, Total Security, protects up to five computers and mobile devices of your choice. There is a 30-day money back guarantee.

• Home and business options: There are three levels of antivirus software for home use offering basic to ultimate protection. Business solutions are defined by business size with three levels from small business to enterprise environments.

• Virus & Spyware Removal: If your computer is not running optimally or you suspect there’s malware before you install the antivirus software, Kaspersky can remotely connect to your computer to find problems, and remove malware hiding deep in your system. The service costs $99.99.

• Virtual keyboard: This technology lets the user enter passwords and other data using mouse clicks instead of a keyboard so keyloggers can’t capture this information.

• Best for: Individuals, families, people handling highly sensitive information and businesses.

Profile picture of Shelley Elmblad
      Shelley Elmblad Financial Software Contributing Editor

Shelley Elmblad is a freelance writer with years of experience covering small business, personal finance and tax software and mobile apps. Shelley’s goal is to help others choose the best software to run a small business, track personal finances and save money.

Kaspersky Anti-Virus Company Information