3.28/5
Based on 3,522 ratings submitted in the last year

6000 Verizon Wireless Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 29, 2019

I asked to have a tablet disconnected. They disconnected my phone number which I use for business. It was disconnected for 3 days and for 3 days I did not have a phone. This was a terrible experience as I was replacing my phone that day due to I had dropped my phone and the screen was turning black, the Authorized dealer was awesome. They transferred my phone over to a new phone but I could not have the new phone until Verizon reconnected my phone number... Since my number was non exist they could not let me use the phone either. So for 3 days no contacts, calendar, text.... in business this is the worst. I was on the phone for approximately 6 to 7 hours over these 3 days and was went to the store 3 days in a row and was at the store each time for about 1 1/2 hours to 2 hours. So Verizon offered me $ 20 line fee to make it ok for their mistake. Really I am so disappointed in the lack of care.

I live in a very small town of 3500 people and when my phone rang for 3 days and the recording states disconnected... The assumption is I did not pay my bill. REALLY this is not good for one's reputation and again Verizon did not care. The End of the month is my busiest time and lost approximately $ 3,600 income...$20 Verizon said they would credit me $80 ($20 for a 4 lines) but it is NOT JUSTIFIED. WHAT!!!! They did give me $80 credit. WOW. SO UNHAPPY!! Jodie ** in Iowa.

Original review: June 28, 2019

I needed AA screen replacement. Long story short they charged, charged, charged and I still waited a week for any progress and they made the mistake and I never even got an apology and they made me pay for the mistake.

Original review: June 27, 2019

It used to be that you could walk into a Verizon store to upgrade a phone and they would happily assist you in transferring your data, apps, and other information, they no longer offer this service. Brian, the sales representative said we had to back up our devices and then literally walked away. Another rep was kind enough to say this was a corporate decision and printed out instructions for us to do this from home. DO NOT USE A VERIZON STORE!!! PERIOD!!! I called an Apple store and they said they would be happy to assist, I believe Best Buy might do this as well. Verizon has obviously discontinued service as they up the prices on just about every other aspect of their business. They do have the best coverage and so they must feel they have us over a barrel. If it was not for the coverage needed I would immediately be going to another carrier. I have been with Verizon for over twenty years, this obviously counts for nothing.

Original review: June 26, 2019

Talked to the rep to have new phone delivered next day as existing one died. It was extra to have delivery by 10:30 a.m. so I opted for the option of delivery by end of business day. Just found out that the STUPID, INCOMPETENT rep entered it as a 2-day delivery so still NO phone. This is a business account with over $500 per month in Verizon bills for phone and iPad service. So very mad that they didn't deliver as promised. I went over this 2-3 times with rep to be sure we would have be the end of the next day. We need our business phone now (we dispatch to the tech's phones), but still NO phone. So fuming mad. :(

Original review: June 26, 2019

I've been a customer of Verizon for over 10 years. Prior to May 2019 we had great reception in our area of South Wasco County Oregon. Then our reception fell off to the point we cannot have a conversation on the phone. People all over the area are experiencing the same lack service. We have contact Verizon to report the problem, at first they telling they were having tower issues. Now they tell us we are in a poor reception area. We were not in a poor reception area before May 15th. Yesterday I was told in so many words. "Well, you're screwed. We don't want to hear from you again. We don't care about you as a customer. Tell anyone in your area, we don't care about you as customers!!!!" Now 100's of customers in south Wasco County Oregon have to find new service. Very sad.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Verizon Home Phone Service?

Original review: June 26, 2019

I just severed my cellphone service with Verizon. Supposedly in July 2018 I accepted a $6.00 discount on my bill to stay with Verizon. In June, I left Verizon. I'm told that the discount was for a year. Since I left in June, I am being charge $155.00 early termination fee. My June bill was paid before my termination, so I paid for a year. I do not recall an early termination fee being discussed. The Verizon rep I spoke with made numerous mistakes trying to explain why I was being charged (Including that I had bought 2 different items, which I hadn't). So, they are saying, I saved $6 a month and being charged an early termination fee of $155. I'm getting the shaft.

Original review: June 25, 2019

We joined Verizon and everything was so smooth and organized! Abraham was extremely helpful in making sure we got everything we needed, and he went above and beyond! The store itself is clean and organized, and everyone was friendly. The service is already waaaay better than any other company we’ve been with!

Original review: June 25, 2019

I have an issue with my Ellipsis Jetpack, that I've own for a year and use on a sporadic basis. Initially I was please with the purchase and plan but on June 10, after purchasing GB data for travelling I encounter a lack of use of the Jetpack, it appeared after purchasing 2GB of data. By the next day I had none left. Again I've been using the Jetpack for the last year so I know my usage while travelling. Since I needed the Jetpack I purchased another 2GB (at $35). After confirming that the purchase was made (note I just paid $70 in 1 day) my Verizon showed I still had no data to use. I called the customer service department to determine the issue and was told what was purchased was not Jetpack but for a tablet use. I never consented to that type of purchase and had no idea how that occurred. I spokw with a Joan who stated she would correct the issue, she w/o my consult changed the plan to a $50/month which ended on July first.

#1 this is unacceptable that this was done w/o my consent and never corrected the issue that I had no data left after 1 day and after adding additional date, my device still had no ability to connect. I've contacted customer service again, spoke with Renee and was told since I did not authorize the $50 plan she could change it back to $35. Your customer service department does NOT listen to the customer, the issue is 2) why and what happened to my data and why did my device not work after additional purchase. The only solution by your customer service dept is not correct the original issue or even listen to the customer. Your company is too big and I do not feel that the customer is relevant once a purchase or contract is signed.

The only request I had was to extend the date of service from July 1 to August 1. Renee was unable to do so, even after speaking with the supervisor. If you have such a terrible service that does not allow for adaptation due to errors you have no business selling this service to customers and taking their money when the error was on your side.

Once my balance is used I will go to another company to buy my mobile wifi device. You company needs to pay attention to all customers even those who use the prepaid plans and provide a better customer service who does not ADVISE the customer on how things work there at Verizon. I do not appreciate the condescending attitude. Thank you. Please note my social media and that of my family and friends will be inundated with reviews of how your company provides such poor service. Other people need to be aware of how you company does not provide good customer satisfaction.

Original review: June 25, 2019

I have spoken with two stores and two agents, the last was named Anton. This is by far the worst customer service I have received by a customer service oriented company in years! The staff in the store and over the phone are condescending at best. They are completely unwilling to help, are terse and rude. I receive much better service through T-Mobile and AT&T.

Original review: June 25, 2019

I was a Verizon Wireless customer for 7 years until I decided to give Sprint a try with their "cut your bill in half" promotion. I was satisfied overall with Sprint's service and ending up saving a lot of money. The only thing I'm not crazy about is their lease program. Because it was time for me to upgrade my phone, I decided to give Verizon another look. So, I found an inexpensive Motorola phone I liked and a plan that appeared to fit my needs. I placed the order online. The next day, I received an unexpected email stating that my order was cancelled and provided me a number to call if I felt this was done in error. No further explanation provided.

Frustrated, I called, and was directed right over to the fraud department to confirm my identification. They asked for specific documentation for me to fax them that I was unable to provide (such as a mortgage deed, rental lease, utility bill, or vehicle registration). I'm in seminary school and do not own or lease anything at this time. After explaining this and offering to provide them with other documentation such as bank statements and tax documents, they flat out refused and told me there was nothing they could do. I can understand the measures they are taking with all the fraud that occurs these days, but I was very disappointed they would not work with me in any other way. I even offered to go into the store in person to confirm my identity.

After asking why this fraud alert was triggered on their end, they would not provide me with an explanation. I have never done anything shady, I have perfect credit, and my credit report is sparkling clean. After that ordeal, I decided to stay with my carrier and go with a lease since I cannot afford to buy a new smartphone outright. Having past negative experiences with Verizon’s fees and especially after being treated like a criminal, I will never become a customer with them again.

Original review: June 24, 2019

I will never in my life ever use this company again. Lied about service in my area, and does nothing to fix the service issues. Can't even use WiFi Calling. After many attempts to contact Verizon and have the issue addressed, they always beat around the bush or ignore the issue, with page loading errors, unavailability, etc. Worst customer service ever. Period. Dishonest in every area of a contract. The customer has to remain within the limits of the contract. However, Verizon breaches it constantly by providing the worst service. Please, do yourself a huge favor and stay away from this dishonest company.

Original review: June 22, 2019

My recent purchase of cell phones, etc. from a Verizon store led me to have to talk with their customer service personnel after pure frustration using their online chat session. Their chat session was a complete waste of time until I encounter their customer service personnel which was worse! They provided merely robot like confusing information about my bill and my issue regarding a change to my account manager. It went on for almost a hour with nothing but more aggravation and frustration. The Verizon store person was the only person in this maze of confusing that assisted....

Original review: June 20, 2019

Where do I start? I have been trying to get a replacement phone for the last 3 days with no luck. I wait forever only to be transfers 3 to 4 times and then the call drops and I get no call back. They have lied to me all the time and I only get 1 bar in most places. I live in a big city and they can't explain why their service is really bad! I have lost so many things on my phone and half the time I don't hear it ring! There is so much more, but cannot say it all here...

Original review: June 20, 2019

I have been a Verizon Wireless customer for almost 30 years. Their customer service has always been terrible. But lately, they have absolutely taken the cake. Last year I got a Samsung Galaxy S7, which I really liked, but several months into using it, the charging port quit working, and since I have a warranty on the phone, I called Verizon to have them replace it. Of course, I had already done all the troubleshooting I could, but they insisted on redoing it, including a factory data reset, meaning I lose a ton of information stored on the phone.

I am a first responder, and having a working phone is extremely detrimental to my job. I need to be able to have access to my photos, text messages and call logs, and losing any one of those things means a job does not get done properly. They replaced the phone in February of 2019 and now, June 2019, I'm having the same issue with the phone, plus several more. So, I did three or four factory data resets, each time losing important data from the phone (in spite of having backup services).

Finally, I got annoyed, and it was time for my "free" upgrade, so I contacted Verizon via their chat assistance on their web page, and somehow managed to have a somewhat intelligible conversation with whatever third world country call center Verizon has working that function. After a lot of explaining and a lot of finagling, I reached an agreement for a new Galaxy S10, and after accepting all the terms and agreements, was told by the representative "Jamie" "thank you for choosing Verizon, love, hugs and kisses" which was just downright weird. But the phone never came. Instead I got an email explaining to me that I had to pay full price for the phone plus a $40.00 upgrade fee and a connection fee of $35.00 before they could send the phone. Then, I get another email saying that I haven't accepted the terms and conditions yet.

Ok, so I called Verizon on the phone, and spoke with someone who informed me that the order was not done correctly, and all I had to pay were the taxes on this $1000.00 phone. I explained that I had been told I would be able to have the taxes on the phone added to my next bill, to which I was informed that I would have to go into a store (the nearest store to where I live is almost 30 mile away) in order to do that, but if I want to change my order now, I could be charged a $200.00 change fee. At this point, I lost my patience, and asked them to forget the upgrade, and just use the warranty and get me a phone replacement. Ok, this apparently, the customer service person could do. She promptly transferred me to a "tech coach" who walked me through everything, and informed me that the order was in, and I would receive the order on June 18.

June 18 comes and goes, no phone. SO, I call Verizon customer service AGAIN, who tell me that the brilliant person I had spoken to never placed the order, AND in addition to that, she had never canceled the order for the Galaxy S10. I got irritated, and asked to speak to a manager. Twenty minutes on hold later, I got annoyed and hung up. I waited a short while, and called back and spoke with another person in customer service who informed me that she had a do a data factory reset for herself (policy BS) but was kind enough to back my phone up, offer to do the reset and then restore what she could to my phone. A MAJOR hassle nonetheless. But I had to work, and asked for a call back an hour and 20 minutes later. Ok, she informed me that she was putting everything in the notes, someone would call me back an hour and 20 minutes later, all is good with the world.

An hour and thirty minutes later, I get a text message from "Tech Coach" telling me that we can now message, instead of talking to a person, because isn't that terrific? When the "Coach" asked me to state my question, I texted "call me". Which of course, never happened. Then Jarelle the Tech Coach came on the line, he asked my name, my pin number, etc., and then asked me what could he help me with? That irritated me, because Jarelle was like the 5th or 6th person I would have been explaining the situation to, and I just didn't want to explain it again. So I typed in "Please read the notes on the account".

Twenty five minutes later, I texted again asking if he was still reading. Five minutes after that I texted "hello" and ten minutes after that I texted that if he couldn't help me, to just let me know so that I could change my wireless carrier. Never heard back from Jarelle. But, then I got another message from the tech coach computer saying "let's get our messaging session started" and at that point, George comes on the line. At this point, I was already holding via phone to speak to a human, so I told George to disconnect me from online tech coach and I left the session. WELL, I finally get a real honest to God living breathing (I hope) human being on the phone, and immediately ask for a supervisor. She asks me why I need to talk to a supervisor, because can't she try and help me, and I said please read the notes on the account, you cannot help me, put me through to a supervisor.

She asks what the problem is, because she can't just put me through to any supervisor, so (and yes, I am less than thrilled with my behavior at this point) I tell her to put me through to whomever deals with moronic idiotic customer service and tech coach employees. She asks me to hold. FORTY FIVE MINUTES into holding, I got incredibly annoyed and hung on. Today is day day SEVEN almost in this saga. I am going to attempt to reach an intelligent human at Verizon one more time, and if I don't, I'm switching to another wireless carrier, TODAY.

Original review: June 20, 2019

Don't be fooled how they spin this. Be weary of this company. Apparently not all employees know what they're talking about. They will change your account without letting you know, they sell you on phones and after 14 days change Their agreement even though you have it in writing, once you're hooked they try to charge you later. We as a society can change how they operate because numbers create the rules not companies and corporations.

At&t is 1 of the items I can locate. They say my watch payment is $31 a month...and my 2 S10e phones (buy one get one)...which I ordered over the phone. I also have proof they are charging me over $60 and it should be $30. When asked, each Verizon rep, and it gets bad when you get transferred outside the US (which they do often, US people will tell you they are in the US, outside US, company policy states they're not allowed to tell you where they're at, ha google it) to someone who understands less apparently, comes up with a "new" reason why. Dictated but not read.

Original review: June 19, 2019

For some reason the sales force in the stores have gotten worse and worse. They must be on total commission because they have one goal - to sell you more lines. And they lie about the cost to you. They are not knowledgeable about the product lines which I find most annoying. They are no longer helpful with phone conversions and make you do everything for yourself. But most of all their arrogance and ability to make you feel dumb is truly disappointing. I will be leaving the company after many years and big bills.

Original review: June 19, 2019

Signed up for a 2 year contract and did not use the service much at all. Had set up automatic payments at the start and a few months into the service they just discontinued the automatic service. Got that straightened out, but then at the end of the contract I found we had made 26 payments on top of the initial plan and activation fee. Customer service said they could not go back and check on the payments we had made. Spent hours with customer service to no avail. Also, I called to discontinued service the day before the end of the contract, they would have charged another $40.00 so had to call again the next day. A real ripoff.

Original review: June 19, 2019

I had my debit account stolen and the suspects purchased Verizon products online totaling $740.00. I called Verizon in hopes of stopping this thief from getting any products and they told me to call my bank. Of course, why would they stop the transaction from happening, they wouldn't get any money this way. Verizon is as big of a thief as the person who stole my bank card!!

Original review: June 19, 2019

I cannot stress enough how horrible this phone company is. I have been having issue after issue since December 2018 and for 7 months now I have spent hours upon hours reaching out to Verizon for help and received absolutely NO help or satisfaction, yet I continue to pay my wireless phone bill on time each month for a service I do NOT receive. I call multiple times a day. I have emailed, I have done the live via chat online and I have physically walked into Verizon stores with my last in store experience asking for help turning into yet a wasted 3 plus hours of my time being a joke. Yes 3 hours inside store and absolutely no help or resolvement of my issues.

The Streetsboro,Ohio Verizon manager and store tech blatantly lied straight to my face about several things. And the tech actually told me to hang up on their Verizon fraud department while I stood at Verizon counter inside store talking to them on Verizon's Tech's phone asking for help, explaining my issues. He went so far as removing phone from my hand and hanging up saying he would help me, then he and manager both told me there was nothing they could do for me. The manager walked into back of store and the other gentleman told me after I had already spent 3 hours in store that because I wasn't actual account owner he could not further help me.

He had also changed my name and password on my cloud account as I stood there and asked him NOT TO CHANGE ANYTHING on my account. That my privacy and information had already been compromised and breached. I have called Verizon many times to say I am not receiving the service I am paying for, that my Verizon account constantly gets hacked and my calls are being forwarded to other numbers, that there is other names and address listed on my account that I do NOT recognize and does NOT belong to me, to let them know I do not receive my text messages and people I text do not receive the text.

My banking and credit cards have been breached and compromised. I have had 4 different phones with Verizon in just a few months and the last phone they sent me had not even been updated since May 4, 2018, see enclosed photos. I have had my number change several times in last few months and it continues, nothing has been corrected or fixed. And it has now been 7 months. Yet I continue to pay bill for a service I DO NOT receive. I would NOT recommend Verizon to anyone and cannot stress the poor quality of this company and do not see how they can say they are a quality company. All I am asking is I receive what I pay monthly for and I definitely DO NOT receive that or anywhere near that. If I wasn't in contract I would have ran away months ago. They do not even deserve 1 star.

Original review: June 18, 2019

I would rate lower if possible. In April we had someone fraudulently open an account in my husband's name. The customer service reps are awful in the fraud department. They are rude, disrespectful and could care less about your issues. They supposedly opened an investigation in April and it would be taken care of in two billing cycles. Well 3 billing cycles later, we call again, to be questioned about did we really return the phones? Really?

We already told one rep in April that we were not signing for them and they would be returned, as well as the bill showing them as returned. Then told AGAIN, they would need to open an investigation and it would take 1-2 billing cycles to be clear. REALLY? So we are now going to be 4-5 billing cycles dealing with this. I WILL NEVER use Verizon. I never have and with this experience, I never will. They give you the runaround and are the rudest reps I have ever talked to. I have AT&T and they are always pleasant and always get credits done immediately - never in 2-5 billing cycles.

Original review: June 18, 2019

Verizon will rip you off. They tell you 20 bucks a line. Then you pay for access to your phone lines. Then you pay for internet access separately or face 100's and hundreds in overages. Then when you try to leave they hit you the hardest. Tell you that your bill wasn't current and you have over 700 dollars in past due service bills. If that doesn't work they will tell you it's from contract fees. I thought they had no contracts??? If you pay your bills like I do you know that's crap. Not a God fearing company, and I'm from Kansas where God still counts!!! They will get this, and no more. I have learned my lesson. I really knew better in all fairness, but my husband is a dreamer. My husband thought that he was really going to get phone lines for the family for 20 bucks each. I still love him though!!!

Original review: June 17, 2019

I have spent well over 4 hours on the phone over the past 2 weeks. I call and they supposedly fixed my problem but really didn't. Call again and once again I think things are fixed and once again they are not. I wish I never signed up with Verizon. They lie and have no idea what they are telling you.

Original review: June 16, 2019

Verizon Customer service was horrible. Instead of taking care of the issue, they made me us call back again in 2 weeks in order to take care of the issue. When I did call 2 weeks later, and mentioned that I am calling on behalf of the primary account holder, they got upset even though I am already on the account but not as primary account holder....Very rude representative- DAWN. Wish I don't have to call them again..since instead of solving the issues I might get asked to call back in two weeks.

Original review: June 15, 2019

We bought a new iPhone 10. We had it less than 6 months and it factory resets every day. The only option they gave us was to send it in for a refurbished phone or pay for it. They said there was nothing we could do when my wife is pregnant and has to go to the doctor with very little notice. They also gave no option to replace it that day other than paying or adding to our bill that is already too high at over $230 for two phones.

Original review: June 15, 2019

We have been consistently lied to by their sales reps and when you try to get them to make it right they of course will claim we misunderstood. We did not misunderstand. We were lied to. I would not recommend them. They have a culture of dishonesty.

Original review: June 13, 2019

Constantly overcharging customers. They claim they disconnect and your phone never disconnects yet the charge is showing up in your bill. They do not work with customers and their Managers are even worst. The human part of customer services is totally forgotten when dealing with a customer. Calls drop even-though they claim to have the best service. Goodbye high prices!

Original review: June 12, 2019

Recently had poor service in my home for tech and getting calls. Made call after 5 days, still hit and miss. So got hold of customer service and apparently towers in my area were updated and my old phone was not capable of working on low wifi. Called threatening to leave after 20 plus yrs and suggested I upgrade phone for 10 a month sale and would waive ball startup charged which I had to pay at store. My wife and I are very happy and even billing was correct on next bill which never happened before. So for now very happy, as long as things stay this way. Rates are little higher but not bad for #1 carrier as far as coverage. Only reason 4 stars cause of phone rates higher than most.

Original review: June 11, 2019

First, I logged onto “My Verizon”. One of my lines switched to another carrier with phone number transported. The line was showing “suspended” but nowhere could I request deleting the line/phone from my account. Frustrated trying to get customer service. Live chat lacked an option pick, did not disconnect from phone after going to chat link. Frustrated, I called “611” again. Finally got through to a rep. Been with Verizon for many years (probably 20 + years). Worst experience ever!

Original review: June 11, 2019

Purchased a one year contract service, the salesman told me (with my father present) that the bill would be 88.84 a month, I would be getting a 200.00 rebate credit card for switching and that my credit inquiry was a soft hit. So far my bill is 98.00 a month, never received the rebate check in the mail. Had to fight for them to apply the 200 towards my bill. And I have a hard hit on my credit. Not one bit of honesty or integrity with the company's salesman. This has me waiting for my contract to end. I will be moving back to MetroPCS. Respectably, Chris **

Original review: June 10, 2019

I’ve used Verizon for many years and recently switched to Sprint because of costs. Verizon sent me the termination bill and I’ve been paying it off all the way down to $200 and they never sent me a final bill for that $200. They’ve been pretty good about sending updated bills with the remainder and I’ve paid 200-300 dollars at a time to bring the balance down. I was never able to pay online because the website always had issues and it was such a hassle so I waited. I then received a collections notice about a month or two after that payment. This is now on my credit report and I will have difficulty purchasing a house which I planned on in a couple of months due to having a baby less than a month ago.

Times have been a little tough but I never denied the fact that I had this balance and tried to pay it off. I called Verizon and they said that it will be on my credit report for 7 years and that there is nothing to be done. I was actually considering switching back to Verizon due to a move a couple of months ago to be closer to family, but I will look for other services at this time and switch over my parents and siblings from Verizon as well. Be warned about their practices and lack of support when in need.

Verizon Wireless Company Information