1.85/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

5778 Verizon Wireless Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

I have been with Wireless for over seven years. My monthly fee for two phones (who I am not renting from them) was around $200 a month for 6 Gb. I have been dealing with a lot of problems of connection etc. for the last year. I call them: The thirst lady and gentlemen who help me were really polite and helpful. The technician WAS SOOO RUDE. They overcharge you. I switch to T-MOBILE FOR 80 DOLLAR A MONTH UNLIMITED. BIG SAVING, AND MY TWO PHONE WORK NOW. I hope this will help someone.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

A bad experience from day one! The day I set up service it was not activated properly, I could not get help because acct was not properly set up, after that I had horrible service and could not connect some calls on either phone, then one of the phones completely stopped working, so they said to live with an O.O.S. phone for 10 days and continue to pay for a phone that was not working at all... On top of that the reps I spoke to were rude and unprofessional, unwilling to help and I changed carriers after 3 months, leaving Verizon Wireless was the BEST THING I COULD DO. If you are thinking of getting Verizon Wireless, RUN, RUN FAR FAR AWAY...

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

I have been on the chat line with Verizon service trying to lower my bill. After chatting with multiple individuals and being provided the WRONG information I received a bill for almost $700 which is almost 7 times my monthly bill. I finally was able to speak to someone live on the phone who told me, "So sorry, they were wrong but now we can't help you and you will have to pay this bill this month," and then proceeded to transfer me to 3 additional people all to be told the same thing, "We can't help you, I am sorry you feel this way but there is nothing we can do, we know they provided you with incorrect information but the bill won't change." Really? You admit it was the wrong information provided and won't work with me? As soon as my phone is paid off I will never use Verizon again. So much for trying to keep customers who have been with them for over 12 years.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

My cell phone starts dropping calls and I spent over an hour on tech support just trying to find out if Verizon has a web page that lists outages for my area. I had to provide my phone and PIN and still no joy! In the end the idiot tech had me download their support app and then delete all my WIFI connections off my phone trying to troubleshoot my drop calls. All I wanted was to know if there was a problem in my area. Finally after an hour the tech admitted that she access to an outage map but customers did not.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

I so regret leaving T-mobile. Yes Verizon gets good service inside state (Do not go outside state. They will charge you 500 for basically no service at all!!!). I went to Japan, paid for the traveling fee just needing it when I felt I was lost etc, and guess what? I ended up leaving my trip early because I was so stupid frustrated and had gotten sick so I really needed service (Thanks Verizon! Down $1,000 for flight an expenses plus paying return flight!). When I said the bill was unacceptable they made me feel like a criminal and that they were only going to do it because I had been a customer for a while and it was just them being so “kind”. Bullcrap! They acted like I was a criminal.

My entire experience was a horrible nightmare from day one (yes, literally DAY 1!). I decided to start my service at home online. I’ve never done that and definitely do not recommend it. I waited for my phone to come in and upon receiving it I had a bad feeling, the iPhone box for one wasn’t wrapped up at all... Okay I know they’re not wrapped but it made me feel offput, but also the iPhone was GONE!!! Yes you heard that right. Someone snatched my phone on its way there. But I’m believing before sending it was already removed from the box for me to foot the bill for that one. I do not trust Verizon since this happened.

After that I went to the store to get a replacement. Like hell was I going to let them send me “another” empty box. They refused and I refused to leave. I was there from 11 am until 9 pm at closing. This isn’t a joke. I really waited for this approval etc. Talked to manager for hours on the approval of getting my phone in store. Yes, they can do this but they choose not to. So DO NOT believe this crap that they can’t. By the end of the stress and frustration I left with my new phone. I asked the manager, "Do you need this box and the box it came in for filing or getting information?" He said no so I assumed the highest up manager in all the retailers nearby knew best.

Wrong!!! They said my insurance wasn’t going to cover it because I didn’t keep the box and info! This was a straight up lie and for a YEAR! I dealt with this. Just when I got a letter in the mail a year later saying it was resolved and I didn’t owe anything, I get a call from their collection agency that they were going to shut my new phone off (Again! Yes over the course of a year I got many threats because of the dispute being filed wrong aka them being lazy). Then I get a collection call for nothing at all. They said I owed 1200$ for a new iPhone the one I never got. Wow I was so mad and still I’m mad because the problems keep happening! They really are just as bad as AT&T! They are no better and just took their place as horrible blood sucking services.

Now overall this time I consistently get random “bill went up for no reason” messages. I was told by a rep it would be 90 a month. Then another rep said yes my bill should be 90. I was like wow that sounds really nice, I hope to works out. Nope! My bill is 320$ today!!! And has been since the 20th because I haven’t wanted to deal with them to figure out why it’s such a colossal mess. I am so stressed I have to call Verizon every month to combat them on their mistakes. I just want to speak to my lawyer and get back at them for picking me apart every month and raising my bill higher and higher. As soon as I think my bill is finally evening out and resolved I get another huge one! I am scared to see how it will go once I terminate service. I just want a good phone service that isn’t trying to suck away my money as soon as I’m not looking is that too hard to ask?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Verizon Home Phone Service?

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

I have being looking to switch to Verizon Wireless since Black Friday. I finally pulled the trigger last weekend and since they offer free 2-day-shipping, I placed my order online. The next day I received an email with a tracking number and description of the devices that were shipped to me. The problem is, they only shipped 3 phones and closed the ticket. Now my account is set up with 3 phones instead of the 4 I ordered and the promotion from last weekend is no longer available. I have called every day since I received the package and I’m not getting answers.

How hard can it be to ship the missing item? The packing list clearly shows 3 items and my orders shows 4. This is unacceptable and I refuse to pay until my order is fulfilled. But after reading multiple complaints in their community portal, I’m concerned this won’t be resolved any time soon. It may take months. Just writing this review to alert others. Do not order anything online from Verizon Wireless. Go to the local store instead.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

We closed my account by requesting 4 lines be transferred to my husband's Unlimited Plan account. Verizon only transferred 3 lines, keeping account active and billable for $80 per month. On our end, everything seemed closed and we didn't receive paper bills for 11 months. When I opened a case and was told it was a Verizon error and would get a refund for all the automatic payments, I believed them. Hah. They opened and closed the case without any communications, and then continued to bill me and send the account to collections for $80 I disputed. They are criminals. We will be switching carriers. I feel it is my civic duty to warn others of how costly it is to be blamed for their mistake and receive zero justice or refund.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

We went to a specialized sales agent who is specialized with Verizon wireless and works for them in Best Buy. When we asked her the details in case we wanted to change our network she went on telling all the details and when we specifically asked her about the corporate discount, she said, "Oh well corporate discount is applied to all and everything on your bill," and she went overboard and also said that there would be auto pay discount too and did not bother to say only bank account or debit card even after specifically asking her.

On top of all of this she said our activation fee will also be waived and she put a condition that only if we go through her that she can waive our activation fee and for that I had to sacrifice my color of the phone which is fine with me because I thought I can sacrifice color for activation fee. We asked her each and every detail and she never pointed out and mentioned about corporate discount not being applied to unlimited plans.

She says she is from Verizon and specialized in Verizon so why will you not believe her. Now after we changed our network and have a contract with Verizon after two months of bill payment when we did not see out corporate discount and contacted customer service then they mentioned that unlimited plans will not be eligible for corporate discounts. Had we known this on that day we would never have changed our network, now they say they do not have documentation or records. When you are in a shop and talking to a direct Verizon representative how can we expect documentation and not believe in word of mouth of the representative. It could be an issue with that one representative or many but it is the duty and responsibility of the company to handle those and provide the customer with honest service.

Since now they have us in the contract they can say anything they like and we cannot do anything. They gave us a 20 $ refund for three months which is 60 $ on a whole where we are paying 70 $ over each month till the contract ends. Shame on this kind of customer service AND THE COMPANY NOT DOING ANYTHING TO CORRECT THOSE KIND OF FALSE PROMISES. At the end of this contract I will definitely never ever will continue with this network and also will never ever recommend to anyone the people I know.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

I was not a Verizon customer when I entered this store but after Jason repaired my iPhone with no hesitation or reluctance I am now. Jason also helped me purchase a phone and set it up so as my husband who has moderate dementia can use it. I am so grateful to this wonderful young man and his boss. They made us so happy. Will be customers for a long time and recommend this store and staff to anyone without hesitation.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

After consideration we selected family plan and devices from local Verizon dealer. It was a close run between others. We mainly selected the plan according to price difference. We asked 3 times if 2GB plan for each phone. The replay clearly stated that fact. We also asked if the plan automatically blocks usage while reaching the 2 GB. As of today we learnt that we were given wrong facts. First of all, such a automatic limit would require additional deal with additional cost. Secondly, we were told that 2BG limit was for the whole family deal, not for each phone.

Our decision to pick Verizon was then based on false information given by the Verizon dealer (at 6645 S Fry Rd Suite 500, Katy, TX 77494). The shop supervisor did not take any responsibility of the cases. She just told the person who dealt with us being a temporary employee. We are not discussing huge money here, the price difference is $20 monthly. It is just, this is totally unethical way of doing business. I recommend to take any comments in written form or record those. This probably was my last dealing with Verizon for few years. And I won't step in that specific shop anymore even once.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

I wanted to put a NO STAR but it doesn't have this option. I am a very generous person and always tries to understand and please others. In addition, I am an elected official and I must provide some facts tonight and let everyone know to stay FAR away from this horrible company. I started out just wanted a phone when I was about to travel to Europe last July (2018). I did my research and found that Verizon was the only carrier that has a non-contact $40 per month plan for roaming in Europe. I guess that's when all the horrible things started.

First, it took me 6 hours to obtain the service. That's right 6 hours to get my phone! I can never get it back. I first just wanted to get a SIM card because my phone has a dual SIM capability. The salesperson said it would work but unfortunately, after 3 hours on figuring out why my phone was not receiving signal, the salesperson finally figured out that the Verizon SIM was incompatible to my phone! Since I wasted 3 hours of my life, I proceeded to just get the phone and hopefully I would be on my way.

Instead, I had to wait for another 3 more hours and finally I was able to get the ASUS phone up and running. 6 hours! That's almost an entire day at work! While I was in Eastern Europe, the phone signal and service were terrible. I was not getting much cell signals in Croatia and it was somehow just sucking up all my data from the TCPIP handshakes. Nonetheless, as a consumer, I just sucked it up and let it go. It can't be more than a 100 bucks... I assumed.

When I came back to the States, I proceeded to close my account and that's when the fun started. I returned to phone one day late due to a plane delay and the salesperson stated I cannot return the phone anymore and that he would ask his manager to see what he can do and promised to provide a status once found a solution. Of course, I never got a callback. I waited for another 2 weeks and asked for the same salesperson. Well, the salesperson was no longer at that particular store thus I had to track down his new location. I asked him again to provide a status with the return, then he stated he will take care of it... Ok, then I went on with my life...

While in resolution (I presumed), 2 months past and I then got a Verizon bill for $411! Bear in mind, I only wanted to use this phone for 2 weeks! I thought it was being resolved!! Now, the statement stated the phone has been terminated! Great! At least it has been terminated. I went to the same Verizon store and just wanted to have this issue go away! I was not happy but whatever... so I paid off the $411 dollars and asked the Verizon rep if this is it. This will terminate the contract and the sales rep replied, "YES." GREAT. Life goes on!

In October, I suddenly got more bills from Verizon!! This time $115 bucks. I'm like, "What is going on now. Why do I keep owing them money when I have terminated the phone. The phone line was terminated and I paid it off!" This time, they stated and I paraphrase, "Thank you for making the payment. Since you made the payment, your phone line was reactivated and you are back in good standing so you have to keep paying!!" I went back to the sales rep and I said, "What is this? I thought I paid and I made it very clear that I wanted to have it terminated and you stated it was!" The sales rep said, "Well, somehow the phone was reinstated and now the bill keeps coming even though you don't even use it." I'm like, "This is crazy. I want nothing to do with Verizon. I just wanted to terminate this phone once and for all!!!"

The Verizon sales rep then called Verizon Wireless... I wasted another 3 hours of my life that I cannot get it back. AT LEAST at the end of this conversation, that Verizon sales rep made me buy out my phone $399 and other charges and she stated, "That's it, you have paid fully!!! Your account is now $0 balance!" I wanted to verify and asked multiple times. It was VERY CLEAR that I do not have any more payment. At this moment, I paid over $800 dollars for 2 weeks of usage while I continuously trying to terminate this non-contract phone.

So guess what! In January, I somehow got another phone bill from Verizon. I'm like you must be ** me. This is incredible. I did some research and checked my balance in regards to this account and it stated I have a 0 balance. I'm like, "There's got to be some database irregularity because I vividly remember from the Verizon rep that I do not have any more outstanding payment!" So, life goes on...

Today, I got an interesting call from a collection agency representing Verizon. I am like, "This is out of control! I pay everything on time all the time, I have an 815 credit score, what could this be???" Then she said I have an outstanding balance from Verizon of $68 dollars! This is seriously blowing my mind!!! 6 months I have been trying to get rid of Verizon and they are still milking me!!! I wasted another 3 hours of my life spending time at the Verizon Store and spoke with some very unprofessional "running in circles" supervisor "Kyle". I absolutely wanted to take them to court!!! But then I would just be wasting more of my time... WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS SITUATION... Verizon, you have made a great name for yourself. I will always advocate my constituents, friends, county, the state in regards to my experience. You can be sure that I will tell the truth, whole truth and nothing but the truth about Verizon Wireless.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

Our family account was hacked twice and caused $8000 of phones to pay. We resolved this twice and out of nowhere my family of 8 all had their lines disconnected yesterday claiming we never fixed the original problem and now owe them the money. No phone call or email beforehand.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

I signed up for home phone wireless in 2014 with Verizon. Monthly bill went up just pennies during the four years I had their service. BUT, when I got ready to cancel as I no longer needed this service, I researched Verizon and found the number to cancel service only to be told I would need to go to the office to cancel. Went to the local office and they called someone who spent time with me only to tell me to call a different number to cancel when I had access to my email account. I called that number only to be told to go to the corporate office to cancel.

I went to the address given for the corporate office to cancel and was told that was not the corporate office, that it was "down the street". Could not find it "down the street" so called a telephone number of Verizon only to be given a different telephone number to call to get the address. I finally found the corporate office, walked through the door, and was told they could give me a number to call to cancel. I told them, no, that I was at the corporate office and that they would cancel my account while I was there. Bottom line, do not sign up with Verizon unless you intend to stay with them for life.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

The employees of this company will tell you anything just to get to the end and have the sale completed. The employees in charge of correcting this behavior pass the buck to other departments and have a I don’t care attitude. I tried to purchase home internet and wireless services through Verizon. I was chatting and got the home service part complete, I was then transferred to the wireless department. The rep asked me to complete a form, I asked him will this hit my credit again cause it was already hit by the other department, he told me no.

After entering my information it was a automatic hit because I immediately got the confirmation from Credit Karma. I told the rep that it hit and he said that was only on his end. I mentioned the confirmation from Credit Karma and the fact his screen just said it ran a credit check. I asked him to remove it immediately and he said he will but in the meantime provide my IMEI, I told him I will not go forward until proof was provided that the inquiry was removed. He said he can’t do that so I told him to cancel the whole thing.

I was transferred where I explained the whole situation. This rep told me they can not find an order to cancel and I have to call Equifax to remove the hit. Later that night I got a message to confirm my appointment with the tech who will arrive tomorrow. This order should not have existed according to the rep so I had to cancel through the confirmation message. The next day I called Equifax who said only the company that made the inquiry can remove it.

Called Verizon back and they said they will not remove it because it is not fraud cause someone else did not use my SSN. I explained that "There is more than one way to be fraudulent, if your company lied to me to get me to put in my SSN, then that is fraud." She insisted it wasn’t and the phone call did not end well. I was lied to several times by this company. Beware and ask plenty of questions, don’t just let them guide you through and in the end you don’t get the deal you want because they lied to you just to get your money.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

A very friendly Verizon agent on the phone promised me a gift card and a 200.00 coupon for Nest products if I would sign up for Verizon. I never received the gift card and the e-mails I got regarding the Nest products implied that they needed to be linked to Verizon to use them similar to paying ADT for home security monitoring. This was not mentioned at signing time. When I went to the Verizon site to determine the problem I was told that I needed to apply for the card by e-mail and that the time period to do that had expired.

Neither the clerk on the phone nor the installer mentioned any further action necessary on my part once signed up. I gave them everything in regards to information but my most intimate secrets and can't imagine what else they needed to get me my promised gifts. I am sure that there is something in the pages of fine print that states these conditions but there is no other word for their tactic but misleading. I do not know if the agent I chatted with was well informed because the chat consisted of broken English and poor syntax. I know Comcast has its issues but I would strongly recommend going with or staying with them no matter what's promised.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

I will say I left T-Mobile for minor reasons compared to Verizon. I have never received such horrible customer service. I thought they were too of the line. When I received my phone, it was hard to hear. It was extremely low. I mentioned it to the store I bought it from. They didn't care. Even when my account was set up, the lady put a false address and made up a pin on my account. Never did she ask me for this information. She was just trying to get the sell. Anyway, the sound was so low I eventually had to keep my phone on speaker. I bought my phone on July 4, 2018. I began making complaints, I also had every number coming in restricted. People confirmed they were not restricting their calls. Also, missed messages, messages that would receive and send 9 times. I kept calling and complaining.

Finally a manager said she would arrange for me to get a new phone covered by Verizon since she could see all the times I complained and no one could fix it. Then she has me on hold about 30 mins and blind transfers me to Asurion. They had no idea what I was talking about and told me I would have to pay for the new phone. Then I explained everything, Asurion asks me if there was any damage. I advised them I had cracked the screen once a few weeks prior however this was after all of the issues rose with the phone. I paid to have it replace and the same crack reappeared on the screen. I had already contacted them for this and they never contacted me back. Asurion tells me to call Verizon if they said they would cover it and that they (Asurion) would fix the phone screen for free the second time.

I called Verizon and let them know I would have Asurion fix the screen and get everything done. I called Asurion and was told they would not fix the phone for free. I let it go. I gave my card to be charged. I called Verizon and let them know my phone screen would be fixed and if they could arrange for the new phone. No one honored what they said. I ended up paying 200 USD for a darn refurbished phone when I paid money for a brand new phone. The refurbished phone came damaged with a rattling noise. I then ordered another one, and they send one. Now this phone will not fast charge, the upper volume button doesn't really work and the touch on the phone will not recognize my touch often. This is the most horrible thing ever. This seems to be either a refurbished phone or one of those clone phones.

I paid for a new phone, I'm still paying for a new phone and you guys are going to penalize me for issues that had nothing to do with me. I want my money back. And not to mention the horrible agent who I explained that the last person told me this and that and he goes "Will you please shut up about what the last rep told you, you're speaking to me now." I may be young and all but I do not appreciate disrespect. I will post this review until it gets to someone. I am so disgusted and highly dont recommend these people for service. I have been treated so bad, hung up on and you name it. I am always respectful when on the phone yet I deal with reps are frustrated because they don't know how to resolve the issue.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

I have never written a review about any company until now. However, our experience with Verizon was so egregious, I felt I needed to warn other potential customers. Verizon Wireless is a horrible, unethical company. We had a credit on our account and suspended it due to a move overseas. Bottom line: Verizon absorbed our credit and refused to give us our money back when we closed the account. This company will steal your money if they get a chance. For those of you who are considering Verizon Wireless (although I strongly discourage it), NEVER suspend your account with a credit balance. Your money will disappear.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

My husband's phone was cloned, so Verizon just shut his phone down without even telling him and charged 314.00 for international calls which he never even made. We spent at least 5 hours on the phone yesterday. We are going on the 6th hour on the phone waiting for customer service. Every time we get a representative, they tell us to hold again. We even spoke to a so called supervisor just a few minutes ago. Guess what? He couldn't help us either! I am so disgusted with Verizon. No phone and now no help. They deserve a zero.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

Having paid monthly for the insurance on phone replacement that we were told covers everything, we would expect our $1000 phone with a lot of features (the Zenfone AR) to be replaced with a phone of similar specs and value instead of a $250 phone with half the memory and way less features (Motorola z2 Force) as no other choice is given for replacement since we are still obligated to pay off the first phone. They do not tell you the insurance will not replace with an even remotely comparable phone.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

Let me start by saying thank you to Barry at the Verizon store in Arlington Texas off of Green Oaks for trying his hardest to take care of the mess up that was made by Verizon. We were switching over from another carrier. Called on a Monday 1/7/19 said that the SIM cards will be sent in the mail. We get the sim cards and they don’t work so we go to the Verizon store. The account first offer set up incorrectly by Josh from the call center. Barry goes to import our numbers from the other carrier to the new phones. We decide to get new phones because the old ones wasn’t supported by the Verizon network so we were eligible to get new phones. Once the phone numbers were imported into the Verizon system Verizon is unable to fix our account.

The account is set up where we can’t make any changes until we get our first month’s bill so Barry calls Verizon customer service. They’re unable to tell us when we’re getting our bill but we have some sim cards that we can’t use!!! But we’re getting a bill and no phone service! (Now I’m lost confused and upset) So Barry tried to have that account canceled out. Come to find out because our numbers were imported we no longer have a phone numbers at the old carrier so I go into Verizon with four working phones four sim cards and I leave with three sim cards and no telephone services now!!! With either company!!! Keep in mind it wouldn’t be such a big deal if they would have tried harder are acted like they cared.

I’m a mother of three boys and I am seven months high risk pregnant with no phone no way to call the doctors no way for my children to get in contact with me! I’m also a diabetic Teton 1 for 29 years so my family and husband always check on me and my unborn child!! Verizon did not offer to set up a dummy account to give us a lender phone to try to fix it. No they told us to wait two months and come back!!! Now mind you my account is closing out with the old carrier so I have no phone service and Verizon told me to wait two months and come back to them. I think it’s odd how I’m not even a customer and yet you’ve already messed up my account with the other company as well as the account that I should’ve been walking away with it with your company! But I’m suppose to just come back in 2 months oh and fix our mess up on your own!!!

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

I lost thousands of texts using Verizon's backup and restore function. They claim this is a backup and restore. It is not. It is a synching function. Verizon limited how much data could be backed up to the cloud and inadvertently deleted consumer data. When you such back up, the now remaining data overwrite your phone data and deletes all the data that Verizon deletes from their cloud. They do not tell you this. You are left to believe you are backing up your data so you can access historic data perhaps lost on your phone.

What they do not tell you is they have deleted much of your data behind the scenes so when you restore you lose much of what you thought you could get back. I talked to numerous representatives and was finally informed this was a glitch but there was nothing they could do about it... and simply gave me an apology. Do not purchase or use their cloud backup and restore function. It is misrepresented and you will lose data. Go with a different company if you wish to maintain cloud backups of your data.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

FALSE ADVERTISING!!! DO NOT get their data plan for internet. They lie about the amount of usage you get in your plan, then when you agree to the contract they hit you with $2000 in data usage in a week. I had two different Verizon employees tell me beforehand that my data usage plan was unlimited "just like my phone's and iPad" and within a week it changed. They also told me that you have to talk with billing and you get stuck on the eternal hold for over 30 minutes with no one ever picking up. I've got a copy of an instant message with them where they assured me that I was unlimited data.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

They have my mailing address and email, but still insist on blowing up my phone every month the second my bill is past due. I called to complain and they said it's in their terms & conditions. Last year I got TWO texts AND a voice message on Christmas morning, three days AFTER I had made a payment. How intrusive! I don't know what makes them think their customers need to be babysat but it makes paying them my very LAST priority.

AND they have THE most obnoxious voice messaging system EVER. Before you can listen to your message, you have to listen to EVERY stupid, extraneous detail, including the duration. REALLY??? Who cares?! And literally ALL of the other info. shows up on the caller ID anyway. If Verizon's objective is to totally annoy customers and waste their time, they do a fabulous job. And they have also made it very clear that my opinion doesn't matter to them. And on top of everything else, the service is awful. Verizon is HORRIBLE.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

I was with Verizon Wireless for 8 years and had two phones under a payment plan that I ended up paying off early. Three months after having the phone paid off I canceled service and went to a different provider, which has been great all the way around. Now for Verizon, they come back at me and want 350.00 a line for canceling service. Okay, so as for Verizon I recall in January of 2017 they made the point public that they have done away with the contracts. So when I did the new phones in 2017 and 2018 they mislead the consumer like me into keeping service with them thinking they have the peace of mind to pay the device off and cancel service at any time. They deceived me and millions of other customers.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

If they have promotion that is suppose to recycle your old phone to get new one, please avoid doing it. I didn’t receive cash and when I called to Verizon, they even told me that they didn’t receive my phone while I gave it to the receptionist. Thanks got I have receipt, if not I almost lose everything. I emailed to Verizon department about complaint and instead they offered me credit for my phone bill. I am still not willing to accept about what they have done to me. Please stay away from Verizon as far as possible.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

Do not buy a Google phone! I bought the Google Pixel 2 and within six months it would not turn on or do anything. I didn’t do anything to the phone and when I took it back to Verizon to try to get it exchanged for a warranty they said there was a tiny crack in the back of the phone that had nothing to do with why it wasn’t working and that would cause it to not be covered under warranty. Verizon was not helpful at all and basically told me I would still have to pay over $500 that I still owed on the phone and when I sent it back to warranty they would charge me $650 for a new phone.

Why would I spend over $1100 on a piece of junk phone that only last six months? I didn’t do anything wrong to the phone. One day I plugged it in to charge and went to go check it and it wouldn’t turn on or do anything. So I spent $650 on a phone that last me six months and Verizon and Google won’t do anything to remedy to the situation. It’s a horrible phone and even worst customer service! Do not buy a Google phone or patronize Verizon. They have a horrible customer service.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

Just before Christmas I tried to use my phone and got a recording that I didn't have enough minutes. I've paid $100/yr for the last 4 yrs and always have carry-over minutes (that's how much I use my phone). Called customer service and spoke with rep. who said I had $116.40 in minutes, but my time had expired on 12-13-18. She said she would refer to her superiors and gave me a number to call back in 24 hours, which I did. That number said my "future update could not be completed??" Unable to contact a human at customer service or *611 after that, as my phone number did not exist and call from a landline said "you do not have a Verizon acct" - per robot. I sent a complaint to FCC who promptly contacted Verizon and the day after Christmas someone from the Executive Office contacted me via email and left a contact number and ext. to call her back.

In that attempt I was told (by a robot) that there was "no recent case associated with this entry." Of course not!! This was my home phone. I was then transferred to a rep. I gave her the ext. and the name of the person I was trying to contact. She told me she could not forward calls to that extension from an outside line. The Executive official sent me an e-mail saying she had tried to contact me but my phone was disconnected...duh. I gave her my home phone and when I finally spoke with her she said I had not made a payment since 2017 and had no record of $50 paid in Sept. 2018.

Evidently, that $50 she had no record of expired in Dec. 2018 after 3 phone calls. However she would "apply a one time $50.00 courtesy credit towards my account" if I purchased more minutes. So now: Verizon is willing to give me a $50 courtesy credit with my own money that they have no record of and ignore the $116.40 balance I had on 12-13-18? What deceitful billing practices. This is a communication conglomerate without any communication. Even the executive offices don't know what the robots are doing and say the recorded responses are incorrect. Case with the FCC is ongoing but, it seems they are now on "furlough." So sad.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

I was with Verizon for about 8 years. Yes, they are overpriced but I stuck with them because they had great reception in my rural area. The reason I left them almost 2 years ago? They are STILL trying to make me pay for a phone that I traded in to them when I upgraded phones. I paid my portion of the phone before I traded it in. When I went into the store to discuss it with a customer service reps, he was extremely rude and told me that I had to pay for the phone, that they have in their possession! So I decided right then and there that I was switching carriers no matter the cost. Now they've sent me to collections even though I paid my final bill in full, all $1300 of it... So, save yourself the trouble and go with anyone other than Verizon. They don't care about their customers.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

Prepaid phone couldn't be refilled because of blocked credit card. Had a $40.00 plan. Wanted to downsize because of non use of data. I bought a $30.00 card. Entered PIN into phone and credited my account. Wouldn't refill phone until another $10.00 was added. Tried off and on online and by phone to customer service for 2 days to rectify problem. I was hung up on or call was dropped. Tried to add $10.00 to account today with a borrowed credit card online. Wanted the full amount of $40.00 plus fees. Went to the Verizon store. Explained situation. They tried to start a $30.00 plan. They couldn't. I had to pay $11.00 to refill my old plan that I don't want to get my phone working again. 100% customer satisfaction. I don't think so.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

Greater than 20 years with Verizon (customer before they even became Verizon) and I have to say I have become so dissatisfied with their customer service. It has become a culture of "not my job". I want to be able to walk into any Verizon store when I have a need whether it be to make an adjustment to my account, get a new phone or submit a claim for a phone through the insurance. There was a time when I could walk in and the associates could help with all needs. Now they just hand you a phone number and say, "We can't do it from here."

I can appreciate centralizing some processes outside of the store but true customer service would be for the sales only in-store staff to get on the phone with the other department and help facilitate the service. They need to get back to a culture where the associate in a sales store is empowered not to just sell you a phone but also to facilitate issue resolution so you can walk out with your problem solved rather than being handed a phone number which inevitably leads to being bounced around. There was a time when they did have that level of service. Fortunately, many other carriers are growing their coverage area and the choices are growing.

Verizon Wireless Company Information