2.5/5 (997 ratings)

About Verizon Wireless

Verizon sells phones and phone plans across the United States. With stores and cell towers in every state, Verizon’s widespread reach allows customers to call, text or use data almost anywhere. Verizon customers can buy products from Apple, Samsung, Google and other phone manufacturers. The company also offers discounts for military members and first responders.

Pros

• 5G available in some areas
  • Discounts on multiple lines
  • Mix & match unlimited plans
  • Parental control app

Cons

• Prices are higher for fewer lines
  • 5G not available in all areas

Bottom Line

Verizon offers a wide range of cellular service plans for customers who use their devices in different ways. Though prices might be higher than other providers, the level of service and extra features make Verizon stand out.

Verizon Wireless Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Verizon Wireless?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Verizon Wireless?

Original review: Oct. 25, 2021

I went to the Verizon store (Not an Authorized Reseller) to upgrade from the Iphone X to a 13Pro. I was unaware that the Retail stores have different pricing than the Online store. Once I realized there was a better offer Online, I called them 3 days later. I had still not received the 13 Pro yet and I also found a coupon for a FREE 13 Pro upgrade for a 24 month contract as long as I was on a premium service (in which I was). The rep said no problem and proceeded to make all right. I confirmed multiple times during the call that my bill will not go up any at all with the new 13 Pro and they confirmed it would not.

I have been also trying to get the same promotion for my wife's phone. I was told that since it was notated in my account, I can go online and get the same promotion. THIS WAS LIE #1. I tried going online and I was not able to do it online so I called the support folks back and they told me I needed to speak to a ONLINE Sales Rep. So, I called them.

In the meantime I saw on my bill that I was still getting charged for the original 13 Pro. So, while I had Verizon on the phone and asked about it and they did not see anything in my account notating a free phone. So, I went through the details again with this rep and they said it was too late to affect this bill but she would provide a credit for the current bill but then set up a credit for 23 months to reoccur each month to offset the hardware charges (THIS WAS LIE #2). So, thinking the first 13 Pro upgrade is behind me I would go back to working on the second phone Upgrade. I WAS WRONG! When I called back to get the other phone upgraded, they said they saw nothing notated in my account again about the free 13Pro. I asked her if she could pull the phone call recordings on a specific date... (THIS WAS LIE #3).

I spoke to a front line manager named Maria and asked her to listen to the recording and she said they don't record all calls (THIS WAS LIE #4) and refused to go listen to the call and basically said that whatever was said by an agent is irrelevant and there was nothing they could do to resolve this conflict. After arguing with this idiot for 30 min plus, I ask for the call to be escalated. I was told someone will be calling me back in the next 24 hrs. I ACTUALLY GOT A CALL THE FOLLOWING MORNING! First time they did anything they said they would do. However, Brandy 2nd Level Mgt basically confirmed that they did not care what the agent agreed to do and that what is done is done and I am screwed. She said they don't have the ability to pull the recordings and listen to them (THE FINAL LIE).

If they have no way of listening to the calls, then WHY do they bother recording the calls. The good ole BAIT AND SWITCH and LIE when it is in their best interest. SCREW THE CUSTOMER!! This will be the LAST time I go with Verizon and as soon as this contract is over, I will be switching. The customer service is pathetic and the fact that they don't honor what they tell you on the phone is a huge issue for me. I will not do business with that kind of company.

BTW...I am now retired but was a VP of Sales for a Major Software Security Company. So, I know how Corp USA works and someone needs to clean this up and start firing the mgt team that is allowing this to happen. It’s a cancer that will keep growing otherwise. I also learned that Verizon is more interested in getting new customers than keeping the ones they have. As a VP of Sales, If I hemorrhaged more customers out of the back door than I had coming in the front door, I would have been fired just like they need to do with the idiots in charge at Verizon.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2021

Verizon Wireless customer service is a joke. It's such a small window to call and I love the app but I can't manage my son's profile (basically rename his phone) through the app. That's sad but that was the reason for my call and they have this lame virtual assistant just tell me to call between 6&2 and drop the whole run around if y'all know. I can't talk to someone until that time anyway. Just awful.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2021

After 14 years as a customer when it came time to get a new phone went to store to upgrade to the latest iPhone. Store basically acted as if we were disturbing their afternoon but ok maybe just a bad day. Told it would be a month before the new 13Max was available (this was after they had been released). Not quite 3 weeks later (and more than a week before the phone was expected to arrive) get call that says in about a rude a manner as possible “Come get your phone or we will send it back”. Ok, no one ever told us it was there and the attitude was a bit much but they just hung up. Had been waiting a few weeks for the phone so run down to get it before it disappears.

The attitude the first time sucked but the second time was just unbelievable. When asked if we could pick up the phone was told in an extremely condescending tone “Well what did you order”? At this point cooperation was over. “Why don’t you look it up? You just called me and have the whole thing right on your screen?”. This apparently was too much to ask of the person and their response was “You don’t even know what you ordered, we are really busy”. No they weren’t. There was only one other customer in the store (more important they spend time **ing amongst themselves). Told them to keep it, we can find a better deal elsewhere.

Called the customer service line and after waiting 30 minutes to talk to someone was told “Gee that’s too bad, we will give you a $50 credit." My monthly bill for just mobile is nearly $300. So after 14 years we will find a cheaper plan. I also have their FIOS system and will be ditching that as quick as possible. If they don’t care about their customers why should I care about being loyal to them. I was about to buy 4 other new phones and roll another to them. That will not be happening. Get the cheapest plan you can (hint it’s not these guys) and rotate often. Buy your phones separately so you can switch providers whenever this kind of crap happens. Learned my lesson.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2021

Upgraded phone in August 2016 and as reward. After it broke, they put insurance on it and wouldn't remove or cancel it after the contract was up. Plus continued to charge me for service after account was closed and moved to another company.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2021

I went to the Verizon Company Store to switch over 5 lines on iPhone promo, messed up entire agreement because they didn't 5 phones that day, port two of my numbers, charged me at $80 per line rate, without telling me that day. I went back to the store and was told to call the 800 number, on hold for at almost 2 hours, no joke. I was told they would escalate the issue and get me a response in 24 hours. That was not true, nobody call back. Issue still unresolved. I literally have spent three working days on the phone, chatting with them - got disconnected and ignore 3 times - still unresolved, they will make excuses and pass the bucket to the next person. I'm now having to dispute the charges with my credit card company. Do not switch to Verizon, it's a mistake I made, their customer service is subpar.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2021

Verizon is absolutely horrible. Service is minimal to none, ridiculously expensive! They OVERCHARGE for everything. Watch your bill because you may be paying twice for your monthly service! And then when you switch providers they charge you for the entire month without notice or sending a bill, don't even mention to them to prorate your bill for the time of usage, they have no understanding of the word and if you argue with them, boom! They send you to collections over a service which was disconnected and not even rendered. Horrible, do not use Verizon! Use AT&T or Cricket, anything else!

Original review: Oct. 19, 2021

Terrible service. After visiting two Verizon stores and the employees not having an IDEA on how to solve my problem. I tried a call over the phone and it took 36 hrs. to finally speak to a representative. The phone kept hanging on my phone calls. TERRIBLE SERVICE!!

Original review: Oct. 19, 2021

My wife and I were Verizon customers for 15 years. Their coverage really is the best but their business practices finally got to be too deceptive, and dishonest. Their customer service was never “good” but in July I had a phone that had insurance on it and the phone screen broke. I set up an appointment with Asurion (don’t even get me started on those outright thieves), and they were unable to fix my phone, for one reason or another, on three separate occasions and then finally told me I would have to wait another 2 weeks for a truck to come to my house.

I called Verizon to see what they could do and they OFFERED to refund me 400 dollars for all of the premiums I paid over the years. 2 months go by and I get nothing, so I call back and they said they have no record of the conversation and that they’ll look into it and they would call the next day. Next day, no call. I call back every Wednesday for 2 more months and they say the same thing every time. No call back. No offer to help in any way. They closed the case twice without offering a single solution to my problem. Needless to say, I left Verizon and I got a bill for 252 dollars that they refused to settle even under these circumstances. I paid them to go away and will never do business with Verizon in any way ever again.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2021

I have spoken to several reps and tier 2 reps of the problems with this phone and keep getting runaround. I have requested a brand new phone and they have refused. I was told to send it in to Samsung, which I did and

Original review: Oct. 17, 2021

For over a week I was redirected to call centers, put on hold and promised call backs. Still to this day no return call from Management. Verizon was fine until I had an issue then I got to learn first hand the lack of customer service I was paying for. From losing their own packages, redirected calls to offshore call centers. Blatant lies from people hired to represent the Verizon brand.

For the money Verizon charges the customer service this is insane and the amount of hoops you have to jump through for a human to be available to help let alone one complaint on the company's policies pertaining to the issue at hand. If you do get lucky enough to reach one of the few veteran service reps you will find a few that Still try to supply support and will gladly fix issues that baffled the multiple layers of incompetence you had to wade through as you were forced to engage the call centers and its entanglement of misdirection and labyrinth of endless dead ends or the useless Ai chatbots. Just amazing to say the least. All because Verizon will not track their packages properly and rely on their customers to do the job Verizon is paid to do.

Verizon Wireless Company Information