3.21/5
Based on 2,472 ratings submitted in the last year

5868 Verizon Wireless Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 28, 2019

Verizon overcharges on this iPhone and the only way that you can get your Bill down to a reasonable fee is to allow them to put this phone on your Credit Card so it no longer costs you an arm and a leg. I am no longer working, so I ask to reduce the cost of the phone as I have a landline--I got it down to $40 but it has to go on my Discover Card. I have had this phone for 11 years and I am really disappointed that they insist that I put it on my Discover Card.

Original review: March 28, 2019

Verizon offers buy one get one free deals telling customers it will take up to 3 months to credit payments to the account. They never credit account. When contacting customer service they then claim phone does not qualify for promotion. They flat out lie to customers and steal your money.

Original review: March 27, 2019

The service really is pretty good. Living in the country we are more satisfied with Verizon than any other company that we have tried. We have not yet tried AT&T. They are promptly responsive and they guide you through set up in a smooth transition. Have never had any major issues with them. I do think they are a bit on the pricey end and could still do well if they charged a bit less. I rarely give any company a tip top rating but I will if I truly believe they have done everything in their power to please customers. I do not think that they have or do however again they are a really good company.

Original review: March 26, 2019

On December 29, 2018 my wife and I went to our local Verizon store here in Orting, WA. Verizon had iPhones and Google Pixel 3 phones on sale. We met with Brandon **, who from my understanding was the store manager. After he went over the positives and negatives of each phone, we decided to purchase the Google Pixel 3. The regular price was $830 with a sale price of $630. In addition, we purchased cases and screen protection for the phones. When he gave us the total price due it did not include the phones. When I asked, he said the price of the phones would be added into our next twenty-four payments. I told him that was not acceptable, I wanted to pay for the phones up front, so I didn’t have a monthly payment. He told us it would take two or three billing cycles and then the full credit would be applied, and we would then be able to pay the phones in full.

I explained that I absolutely did not want a monthly payment for the phone. He promised that there would be no problem, that I would be able to pay off the phones with the full discount applied but it would take two or three billing cycles. When I expressed concern his remark was that he had no reason to lie, he would not lie to a customer since he was not going anywhere and didn’t want any negative reactions in the community. Well, apparently, he was either flat out lying or if he thought he was telling the truth he was obviously incorrect. Either way what we were promised is what we should receive.

After the second billing cycle I tried to pay the phones off, but the full discount had not been applied. I visited the Verizon store and the clerk told me it would take another billing cycle but assured me it would be applied. I waited until the March 13th (three months) and still not able to pay off the phones. Went back to the store and was told it would be another billing cycle before I could pay them off in full.

I went home and contacted Verizon customer service through their chat feature. After a lengthy conversation I was told I the agent could not help me and the problem would be escalated, and I would hear from a Verizon manager within 4-5 days. I waited until today, March 26th, and contacted Verizon via chat service. After another lengthy chat the agent apologized to me and offered a $50 credit for my inconvenience since the store manager had given me incorrect information. I told him that was not satisfactory, and I would be filing a complaint with the appropriate govt agency.

Original review: March 26, 2019

Verizon stability as a network by far exceeds the rest, although their customer service skills when it comes to any issues and showing flexibility which network issues or device complaints is beneath the other competitors.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Verizon Home Phone Service?

Original review: March 25, 2019

I had been a customer of Verizon for the last 7 years for my cable/phone and internet. Over that time I have paid this company more than $13,000 for their services. This year I started to have some financial issues and needed to reduce my monthly payments. I called and tried to get a better rate and was basically told they could not adjust it. I had to cancel the services. I was told that because my current contract I was going to have to pay $140 to break it. I called customer service and after being on hold for over 30 minutes I spoke with a rep who said I would need to speak with a supervisor. I asked to speak with the supervisor and was told they were in a meeting. She said she would transfer me to their voicemail but instead she disconnected me when I called back. It was now after customer service hours.

I called back the next day and was on hold for 40 min and finally spoke with someone who said she could help me out but my account was in cancel status and she would need to call me back the next day between 11-11:30. The next day came and surprise! No call. I called back and spoke with a supervisor named Jason (Badge#**). Who said there was nothing he could do. I asked to speak with his supervisor and he refused and said "You've reached the top" and there's nothing I can do. Again 7 year customer, over $12k in payments and I got treated like I was not worth their time. I'm sure there are a lot of sites like this one that I can vent on and share my experience about Verizon. The customer service is much better at AT&T and Comcast. They respect their customers. Avoid Verizon unless you enjoy standing on hold waiting for unprofessional representatives.

Original review: March 25, 2019

The only problem that I seem to have with Verizon is that sometimes the single fades because of air wave overload. The agents are very good about solving the problems by switching me to another tower. They are very good at replacing the phone when it goes bad, just call them another phone is sent out and you send the detective one back. All in all I like the company and service.

Original review: March 24, 2019

In November of 2018 Leanne an operator for Verizon cancel my plans. Since that time I've been trying to get it back. I've been promised by several operators, talked to at least 20 that things were going to work out. Hasn't happened. They are now charging me $70 above and beyond what my old Plan used to be. In the old plan was 700 talk and share minutes, unlimited data and unlimited hotspot with a thousand text messages for $168. Now I pay $220 for 2GB data and hotspot for 2GB. Every time I call they say, "We'll take care of it. Will take care of it." Nothing ever happens. If not for all my friends and and family being on Verizon I would drop this company so fast and make their head swim. Integrity is something that they lack completely. I might add I had an extra line on my old plan. I since dropped it. And to be fair they did reduce bill by $35.

Original review: March 24, 2019

Verizon has to be one of the most expensive mobile carriers around. I have been a customer for over 10 years and waiting for my most recent device to get paid off so I can switch providers. Verizon has good coverage and you pay for it. Their customer service leaves a lot to be desired, so I try to use forums to find answers to my issues. I’d look into other carriers first before using Verizon.

Original review: March 23, 2019

I’ve been with Verizon for 6 years or more. They’re great as long as you don’t have any type of issue. One of my phones hasn’t been working for over 2 months. I’m still being billed though. I have called in and went through chat numerous of times. I’ve been promised ticket after ticket have been opened only to find out they never opened a ticket to begin with. I have asked for manager after manager only to be told one would call me and they never do. I have spoken to a manager only to find out they aren’t a manager and even though it’s been an on going issue they refuse to escalate the situation. Just this week alone I have been hung up on more times than I can count on top of spending already over 5 hours on the phone with these people.

So I’m being charged for a phone, and a service they have admitted isn't working due to their system not any fault of my own. I have emailed corporate still waiting on that call as well. I have screen shots of the time I’ve spent on the phone, and chats I’ve had. I am also going to the BBB and then also seeing what else can be done. This is the WORST COMPANY FOR CUSTOMER SERVICE I have ever experienced.

Original review: March 23, 2019

Verizon Wireless is the worst company to be with. They are a freaking rip offs. They cut your phones off while on the phone making a payment then charge you reconnect fee which is a ** joke. Then charge you a rep assistant charge because you can’t do it online. Switching ASAP. Not to mention the hold time to get someone in the wrong department.

Original review: March 23, 2019

I was a Verizon customer from day one - literally day one - 26 years ago if I remember right. A few months ago I had to call customer service because - you guessed it - a "mistake" on my bill - once again in their favor. I lost count of how many times over the years that happened. I told whoever I was talking to that particular time "you know, I have paid auto insurance many years longer than I have paid cell phone coverage, and there has never once been a discrepancy in my bill - NEVER ONCE!, how is it I'm on the phone with you every other month trying to figure out why you're saying I owe you more than I do??"

Anyway - long story short (trust me, I could go on!) over the course of the next 3 months my "past due amount" increased, my data cycle date was changed, someone took it upon themselves to change the amount I normally pay to one and a half times the normal amount and then half the following month - I didn't know about, or approve any of this. Finally on the 1st of this month I decided to just switch to a prepaid account - still with Verizon. The rep told me you get 3 gigs 4g then "slows down" to 3 gigs during "high traffic times". I said ok, let's do it - I switched to a pre paid account. Guess what - they lied! 3 gigs seems to zoom by incredibly fast (remember, Ive been a customer 26 years) and then it slows down to un-usable.

Also I discovered my incoming call service was "accidently" turned off - I couldnt recieve calls and didnt even know it. I called pre paid customer service again today and a very pleasant young lady explained to me that it slows down to 2g "which is designed really just for checking your email". And she didn't know why my incoming call service was turned off, but turned it back on for me. God! I could go on all night!

Anyway! Do NOT go with pre paid unless that's all you can do and go with anyone besides Verizon if you do. At the end of this month I am switching to someone else - anyone else! And verizon will never get another dime of my money! They are specially trained to rip you off - no joke, I've seen it countless times. "Corporate money mongers". Look closely at their "advanced billing system" That's one of their favorite ways to get you.

And this whole "buying data" thing isn't even real! The cellular signal is in the air free 24/7 - you pay them to not block your device. You're buying time, not data. Another thing that's ridiculous - they push this "LTE" service? You know what LTE stands for? Long term endeavor - it doesn't mean a thing. I better stop or I'll start (?) sounding like a nutcase. Do yourself a favor and avoid all the headaches - go with someone else. If enough people do Verizon will cease to exist - and the money mongers can slither off to some other scheme.

Original review: March 23, 2019

I had been with a competing wireless carrier for 10 years. I had many issues with that carrier but I stayed with them out of loyalty (my son worked for them). I had trouble getting a signal in my own home and no signal in our little cabin in the woods. Every time I called customer service this carrier promised me that new towers were being built as we spoke. They said in 6 months "you will get a signal with no problem." They told me the same story for years! About six months ago I called once again for the same reason. They have me the spiel of new towers and I got very upset. The customer service agent was short with me and I got more upset. I called right back and talked to a different person who said he would send me a "booster." He took all my information, told me it would be 8 to 10 days to get here. Long story short (ha) it never came and there is no such "booster" that they send to people to get a signal. This company lies consistently.

I finally realized that I had been a fool to stay so long with this other company. I researched my options and chose Verizon to switch to. What a pleasant surprise. After getting my new phone, the Verizon store was eager to help me get set up. The salesperson has called me a few times to be sure I was getting everything I expected from my new phone and carrier. The reception is amazing everywhere. I have not had one issue in three months.

Original review: March 22, 2019

Verizon wireless are scam artist and a bunch of hustlers! They will tell you one thing and your bill will show another. Do not buy anything from them. They are the worst cell phone company ever!! The worst.

Original review: March 21, 2019

I few weeks ago I purchased a new computer system. We were not able to download or install all the needed software to use this new computer. Not enough speed. Contacted Verizon who told me there was nothing they could do about the speed. Per the tech that was scheduled to come out it seems that our area has grown so much and so many people are using Verizon that it has slowed down a lot. That is a crock of **...I was scheduled to have a new outside antenna installed to see if that would help. He said it wouldn't so did not even come out. I was told if I wanted to cancel my contract that would be fine and they would not charge me a fee for that! They are jerks!!

Original review: March 21, 2019

Yesterday my new iPhone crashed. Went to the store and was told the only thing that they could do was overnight a replacement or pay off the new phone and repurchase. Because my kids are out of the country for spring break I went to Xfinity and purchased a phone. I can’t believe that there was nothing else that could be done. We'll definitely be switching carriers as soon as the phone is paid off.

Original review: March 20, 2019

I have been with Verizon for over 12 years and until recently I have been very satisfied with their service. That is why I stayed with them so long, even though they have been the most expensive. But for the past 5 months I've only been able to receive a very unsatisfactory percentage of calls (This is my business phone). I have been through customer service representative as well as their tier 2 technicians. They've run tests after tests, I've reset and factory reset. They've sent a replacement phone, all without resolving the problem. Today I called and again the same protocol, except this time the tier 2 technician asked what problems I have and as I was there explaining their phone disconnected. I know it was theirs because I was speaking to them from a landline. I guess it's time to switch!

Original review: March 19, 2019

I got approved by Verizon for a phone, tablet and a jetpack. I was happy with that. I'm a OTR truck driver so I was on the phone with Verizon representative to help me set up for the account so I can see the bill on my tablet. He told me that he also can set it up for my girlfriend to be added to the account since she helps me paid my bills when I get paid so nothing would be late. As we talked more about it he also said that he can also get her a phone as well and have it sent to her address instead of the address of my mom's, which is the address on my license.

So the next day my girlfriend and I was talking, we both thought it was a good idea to protect our investment so she paid on a card for the accessories, the screen protective covers and the cases to prevent them from getting damaged. Well would you know it Verizon decided that it was suspicious and turned it over to the fraud department. So they emailed me and I called them to get everything situated and cleared up they then said it was all taken care of. Well it wasn't, so I called back again then they needed proof of address, okay.

One I'm a OTR truck driver. I live in my truck so there for I don't have the following: a lease, a light bill, a car registration (I don't have a car), voter registration. I live in my truck for God's sake. I'm not going to have them type of bills. So the lady told me that I got 72 hours to get registered to vote and provide them with a copy. There's a problem I'm from NC voter registration is the same as the driver's license. You go in you get a paper license and then they mail you the hard copy. It's all the same. The phone bill ain't due so that ain't a excuse. So now I'm without service just because I don't have a voter registration. So why should I go out and pay all that extra money for a place that I won't ever go to waste of money. This is definitely not right at all.

Original review: March 19, 2019

For 18 and a half hours (so far) I've been without a phone. Now this may not be such a bad thing if I were 16, and all I had to worry about was a pissed off girlfriend that couldn't get a hold of me. No, I'm a small business owner who couldn't reach ANY of his vendors today, nor could they reach me. I dealt away with a landline years ago, as I'm always on the go. Come to find out, Verizon scheduled tower maintenance today with absolutely no warning to customers. As a result, I missed out on 3 bids! This is how I support my family and household, and really don't like the fact that it was interrupted with no warning, or way of a plan B. I get the fact that it has to be done. But having some way of letting people know that this is in fact gonna happen, so they can in fact have some other option, wouldn't be such a bad idea. Cheers Verizon, and thanks for the sandpaper today...???

Original review: March 18, 2019

Had 2 installation dates, have nothing! They didn't notify me or anything. Needed me to re-send a bill, then they mixed me up with another customer's account. I went out and faxed to them, to no avail!

Original review: March 17, 2019

I ordered a Gizmo Watch for my daughter (whom is special needs) on the 6th, spent 200.00 paid in full for the watch. Received it on the 8th. Was on the phone with tech support for several hours troubleshooting, Watch did not work so they told me I could go to the corp store that was 30 miles from me and get a replacement. I drove there on the 9th (the service in the store was very poor). So, I left the store thinking that the watch was in working order. Did some shopping. After getting home put it on charge for the night. On the 10th I left for work and tried to call the phone several times throughout the day to no avail. It would not take calls nor would it call out.

After getting home about 3:45 pm I called tech support again and again was on the line with them for several hours... The watch would not pair so again I went back to the store on the 12th to get help and all he did was try to refreshed it and so it's working and sent me on my way after he put the phone back in the box. As I was walking out the door the top came open and the watch fell out and YES broke. I walked back in and he said, "No problem. You have insurance and you can pay 20.00 and get a replacement overnighted to you." I did and we received it on the 13th and this watch would not connect to Verizon...

Long story short I am now on my 5th device and am just now being told that in our area the tower fell in 01/17/2019 and that the tower does not belong to Verizon. That the company that owns it says it could be 6+months till rebuilt and the temp one that Verizon put there near it will not service the area that the former tower did. I'm so disappointed in the service and the knowledge that has been shown during my experience all within 10 days of NO resolution!!!! I am going to return the watch and sever ties with Verizon!! My First experience was the worst with this co. Rebekah **

Original review: March 17, 2019

This is a very low level service! I ordered an iPhone and within two days they had to deliver the order. The order was paid from the bank card, but the order was not delivered, because their team in the fight against fraud closed the order and did not notify me about it. I don't have a bad credit history or crime etc. But this team of scammers did not return my first payment when they closed order! Who is a crook?! Order Number: ** Order Location: Q374001 Order Date: 03/13/2019

Original review: March 17, 2019

I had a Galaxy S7 Edge & I noticed my monthly bill rising up, after going to the store there was many people complaining also. After, I lost my job & filed chapter 7 bankruptcy, Verizon started hiking my phone, turned off my internet, other & my phone started getting very hot!

Original review: March 16, 2019

I went to my local Target with intentions of switching from Metro PCS and the young man (I'm 73) Talked me out of it, saying if I'm going to be doing genealogy research I'd be better off, with Verizon's 55 + plan which is an unlimited call, text, internet service for seniors and costs $60 @ month. I ended up on a 4 line family plan that costs over a $100 dollars a month, pretty sad that Verizon and Target allows that practice. To top it off I get very weak limited internet, weak or no phone service. I went to my local Verizon store to straighten out the wrong plan I was on, they sent me back to Target, and after dealing with phone salesman and 2 mgrs. 1 of which I waited 2 hours or more to arrive, they finally contacted a Verizon rep. who was able to get me on correct plan.

To top it off my bill comes in Spanish type, and I dont understand what's on it, so just pay $ amount, have yet to get this corrected from almost a year ago. I think this is a ploy to keep the service? As soon as my contract is up I will be switching to a diff. carrier!! I'm in Target to shop (groceries) and constantly warn people by phone kiosk to beware of Verizon. Was asked to leave store on a couple of occasions. Just not the way to treat people and take advantage of our seniors. Currently doing my genealogy searches at the library, which is a pain. Just beware of crooked salespeople and Verizon. Thank you. Barry **.

Original review: March 16, 2019

Beware. When I sent back my equipment via UPS it was lost. UPS could not verify the tracking label sent to me, nor locate the package. Verizon (who uses UPS) said this was my issue and turned over to collections for $900 in equipment returns. I have a history of returning equipment on time with them but they did not care. Numerous calls to Verizon and Susan ** were not returned. Shortly after they turned me over to collections they called to ask if I would come back after I had switched to Comcast. Shows total lack of systems to know this consumer and everyone he comes in contact with will never support this brand again.

Original review: March 16, 2019

Well, not a fan of Comcast which I had one time. Check out AT&T one time, not crazy about the salesperson or price. Other house is Medicom. Meh. Verizon is getting crazy on price, dependable for sure. Looking in the future of dropping the cable and try out a Roku.

Original review: March 15, 2019

Several years ago, I saw a commercial for Verizon, whom I was already a customer of, so I called to take advantage of the offer. I should have known when the commercial only played for a week and then morphed the following week into another type of offer. However, the agent assured me, I would have 10 gigs for $80 a month for a multi-line plan. When the bill came, it was not what was promised, which had been the case almost every time I changed plans with them. When I called to investigate, I asked for CUSTOMER RETENTION, not customer service.

Andrew, a very helpful rep, reviewed my plan for few minutes and came back asking, "why do you have an international plan?" I said, "you have got to be kidding me, I cancelled that 2 years ago on the 25th of the month as instructed because that is the end of the billing cycle. I know I took care of it, cuz my calendar was marked for an entire month." He said, "well, we have been charging you for 2 years," to which I responded, "I cannot see that anywhere on my bill." He replied, "that is because you are paperless." After a brief hold, Andrew came back to tell me that Verizon owed me approximately $600. I can't remember the exact amount, but he credited me $200 immediately and promised that the rest would be on my account in 7 days.

I went on a work trip and came home thinking the mentioned time has passed, let's take a look. NOTHING. So I called back CUSTOMER RETENTION and got another rep, whose name has escaped me. She said, "oh yes, I see the credit of $400 and something dollars pending, so don't pay your bill and it will take care of your balance for this pay cycle." I said, "really, you are telling me not to pay? Won't I incur a late fee?" She said, "yes, but it's only $5." So, I took her advice. The next month, my bill was double and no credit had been issued as promised once again. I call back and this time, I was on hold with another customer retention rep who took almost an hour of my time to tell me that they decided not to give me the credit.

She offered me $30 that I turned down and said, "I don't want that as a consolation, I want what I was promised." I paid the bill immediately and went to a store, where I was told by a manager that me paying my bill was me agreeing to their terms. I said, "I paid my bill to continue service for the household, but Verizon owes me. Not the other way around." I was fuming! I called my bank, BOA, who disputed the transaction for me and I won. I went to Sprint immediately and changed service. The weeks that followed, I would walk to the Verizon store near my work and make payments on the remaining balance. I NEVER WENT DELINQUENT OR MISSED ANY PAYMENTS. IN ADDITION, VERIZON ADDED THE AMOUNT BOA HAD WON BACK FOR ME BACK TO MY BILL.

I still continued to pay. One day, I walked in and I was told that they could not accept my payment. I was then notified by mail I was sent to collections. They owe me! THEY OVER CHARGED ME FOR 2 YEARS AND NOW THEY WANT TO RUIN MY CREDIT REPORT WITH THIS UNACCEPTABLE BILLING. And what about the false advertising? That was never addressed either. Verizon is horrible. They over charge knowingly and misrepresent their products as well as service. "Yes, that has been removed." "Yes, that is how much you will pay." "Yes, we owe YOU," but the reality is they don't have to stick with their promises.

I will tell everyone and anyone who will listen that Verizon will treat you how they want, leave you no avenue to dispute, and even try to ruin your credit if they choose. I have tried disputing through TransUnion since they have the wrong amount and since I had never been delinquent, but they side with the big dog, not little people like me who are loyal and pay their bills.

Food for thought: If you go to Target or Walmart because you were over charged for a TV and the rep gives you $200 cash instead of the $600 you are owed, closes the register and walks away. Do you just walk away too because they decided they are done? NO! You fight for what is rightly yours and you tell the world not to trust them. So, with that said, "DO NOT TRUST VERIZON OR ANY OF THEIR REPS!" In the store you get one thing and over the phone it is another.

Original review: March 15, 2019

I went from Cricket to Verizon and regretting every minute! I am always out of service, I guess they don't have enough towers? Now I am stuck in a 2 yr contract that is lousy! Cricket seems to be the best service I have had and I was never out of service with them. I guess you get what you pay for and I am paying dearly. My advice, go with Cricket! Unlimited service for $60 and you are never out of range like I seem to always be with Verizon. I hate this crappy service.

Original review: March 15, 2019

I was at your store at Walnut Hill and Skilliam Ave, Dallas, TX. I was greeted when I first walked in and the sales associate was Victor. Great smile, happy to be helping and ask the right questions to pinpoint my needs. He is a asset to your brand.

Original review: March 15, 2019

Two years ago, I went to Verizon Wireless store to change upgrade cell phones for the whole family. We got 4 new phones and we terminated a old phone number that had area code of an area where I used live. However Verizon kept on charging our credit card for about $130 per month. After two and a half years of fraudulent charges, we have complained to multiple people in the organization. They agreed to pay out 1 and a half year worth of fraudulent charges in credits to our current bill. When we reviewed the statement and found out that they provided about $700 ($40 x 18 months), not $2,340 ($130 x 18 months). When we complained again, they indicated they cannot reimburse data, text, taxes, 2nd line access fee and etc. Verizon fraudulently took our money and refused to give us money back and told us to sue them if we would like. They told us that we will just end up using more money in court. They have robbed, lied and threaten us.

Verizon Wireless Company Information