Verizon Wireless

Verizon Wireless Reviews

3.6/5 (2421 ratings)

About Verizon Wireless Reviews

Verizon sells phones and phone plans across the United States. With stores and cell towers in every state, Verizon’s widespread reach allows customers to call, text or use data almost anywhere. Verizon customers can buy products from Apple, Samsung, Google and other phone manufacturers. The company also offers discounts for military members and first responders.

Pros

• 5G available in some areas
  • Discounts on multiple lines
  • Mix & match unlimited plans
  • Parental control app

Cons

• Prices are higher for fewer lines
  • 5G not available in all areas

Bottom Line

Verizon offers a wide range of cellular service plans for customers who use their devices in different ways. Though prices might be higher than other providers, the level of service and extra features make Verizon stand out.

Verizon Wireless Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Verizon Wireless?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Verizon Wireless?

Original review: May 10, 2022

Steer far away from this wireless company. As customers we are not getting the service they advertise and promise. We are not getting 5G service as they are saying we’re getting and we’re paying for something we are not receiving as of yet, but they’re charging ahead of time without providing g the service. Their customer service is a nightmare. I can’t barely manage to get through, or worse, our calls are being rerouted to some overseas call centers. They certainly don’t care to build a customer relationship. I left from a competitive company and switched to come to this nightmare. Folks, stay away from this high price, no customer service or worse bad customer service. Beware of all their gimmicks and false advertisements.

Original review: May 10, 2022

I have been a Verizon customer for years and always considered them to be the gold standard. Unfortunately, that has changed. My cellular reception is not as good as it once was and I believe they are outsourcing customer service calls outside the US. A few months ago I was trying to get my Apple Watch connected to cellular. The customer service agent could not figure it out even though this is a very common thing. After an hour or so I gave up and forgot all about it until I saw I have been getting charged for cellular each month for my Watch that never got connected to cellular. Today I called Verizon to figure this out and was on the phone with two customer service agents for two hours and still no help.

Yep! I’m pretty sure the first CSA I spoke with had never seen an Apple Watch before. She was just reading a manual. I felt like I knew more about the Apple Watch and phone than they did. The CSA also said they originally helped me get the Watch connected to Bluetooth so that’s why they were charging me a monthly fee. I had to argue with her to get a credit and explain the difference between Bluetooth and cellular. I thought I was being punked. After hours of customer service calls, I now have to go into the local store. This is so disappointing to see your customer service go downhill.

Original review: May 8, 2022

I’ve been a customer of Verizon for over 20 years. I have several phones on my personal line and a lot on my business line which I intend to move both of them. Just a sum it up their customer service people do not do what you ask them to do and as a result it comes back and cost the customer. Verizon takes no accountability for anything that their customer service associates in this case don’t do and as a result the customer service person I talk to you last basically encouraged me to go to another service even giving me a pin and I needed to move my phones.

I also called the credit card company synchrony and blew out my case with them and told him I was canceling my credit cards with them to as a result of Verizon. I indicated to them if they were going to be associated with Verizon that they probably would not going to be associated with me. I have left many many reviews as a result of this on Verizon and synchrony bank. At least synchrony bank said they were going to have an executive reach out to me tomorrow. The bottom line is don’t assume the customer service Verizon is going to follow through with a damn thing because at the end of the day all they will do to fix the problem is tell you they are sorry. This company cost me $200 which is a drop in the bucket is which it’s gonna cost them in the future. I know how much money I pay these companies on an Annual basis and I’m pretty sure I will cost them more. The bottom line is don’t get yourself to the frustration I’ve had to go through. Move on.

Original review: May 7, 2022

I was switching to the iPhone 13 and the salesman told me I could get the Apple Watch for only $5 a month. I asked if I would have to pay the $10 monthly fee for data and he said, "No. Not until you pay off the watch." I received my bill and it showed an extra $18 a month for the Apple Watch. I called and they said you have to pay for the data. I said, "That’s not what I was told therefore I do not want to watch I would like to return it, please disconnect the service." I was told if I return the Apple Watch within 30 days I would not be charged anything, so I did. I was charged $75 on my bill for the Apple Watch.

I called and they said the phone number for the watch was not disconnected!! Again I asked them to disconnect it and credit my account for that amount they would not give me the credit. They said they cannot disconnect the phone number until the next billing cycle. Again today I checked my bill and it has not been disconnected and I was billed another $75! Again I called and the representative told me it will be disconnected and I will receive the credit on the next billing cycle. I cannot believe that they have such poor customer service. I would switch to another carrier if I could because of all the aggravation and misleading information I have received. I have spent countless of hours on the phone with them.

Original review: May 7, 2022

Just recently came back from a 1-week cruise with my family and found we were charged $1,000+ in charges by Verizon Wireless. The whole trip, roaming was turned off on all of our phones. I am continuously trying to find ways to lower my monthly bill (recently canceled 2 insurance coverages to save money) so I would never do this! I’m a long-time customer who always pays on time, and Verizon Wireless refuses to help! I’ve spent hours on the phone with customer support with no resolution and have left numerous messages at corporate. This company waits for their customers to get hit with erroneous and invalid charges and does nothing!

Original review: May 7, 2022

I have had several issues with my phone during the past year, such as not being able to receive texts when trying to sign into websites. Verizon is not available despite their statement of 24/7 availability. I called at 9pm and they are closed. The "chat" function is worthless; it is a digital assistant that is unable to solve even the most minor issue. Using the "Talk to Us" link elicits NO response. The information on the website does not help you solve problems. Considering the monthly cost of "service," I am appalled at the lack customer service. I plan to switch to T-Mobile.

Original review: May 7, 2022

To say that I'm dissatisfied with Verizon would be an understatement. No other company I've ever dealt with comes close. I've joked that if I ever have a heart attack - see if I was just talking with a Verizon representative. The latest was a 7-month journey to try and get the personal hotspot on an IPhone 12 working. I talked to about 10 Verizon reps and found out along the way that few of them actually notated my account - causing me to reinvent the wheel every time.

During one of those months I was informed that my IPhone hotspot had used 50 GBs of data despite the fact that I couldn't get it to attach to my computer. Finally they said they would give me a new phone. When I called back a week later the order had disappeared. I supposed I shouldn't have been surprised. I should pretty much be beyond surprise at this point. That time they actually sent one out.

Now, in the first week of the month - with the personal hotspot on the IPhone still dropping off regularly. I've been informed that I've blown through 60 GBs of data on my two hotspots - leaving me with almost nothing for the rest of the month. Of course, despite the fact that Verizon is apparently able to count the data (I imagine very poorly) they have no way to tell me how it was used up. Just another bad Verizon story. As I've said many, many times I would drop them in a minute if I could. Unfortunately, I need them for their rural networks. Buyer beware.

Original review: May 5, 2022

I want to make it clear that my complaint is about "new company policies," not any of Verizon's employees. I have been a Verizon customer for 10-15 years plus. I am not and never will be a tech smart person. I have 1 phone and 3 tablets currently thats on my account. This Verizon store has always been my "go-to" store to help me with all my problems with my phone and tablets. My phone and tablets had all at the same time started messing up. Well I started thinking I had been hacked so I took all of them to my "go-to" store, Verizon in Gun Barrel City, TX.

As always, they were happy to help me out but this time he told me, " I can look at it and if it's just a simple fix I can do it but if it get into technical I'll have to charge you $25.00." I just looked at him a few seconds and said,(excuse my language), "What?!!Oh HELL NO!!" He then told me that that store had been sold to someone new and the new policy was if a customer needed technical help and they helped us they had to charge us $25.00. Or we can call Verizons technical help ourselves. I told him to go as far as he could without having to charge me.

And let me tell you why... I buy all my equipment from this store, who is NOT A CORPORATE STORE, I did not know that. But it is still a Verizon Store, I pay Verizon to use their phone services, I pay Verizon for their expertise in this field, and I pay for their help. It's all on my monthly billing. So, in return I expect when I go into ANY store that has the Verizon name on it to help me, if they have knowledge, with my phone problems! They would certainly help me buy a $1000.‐$1500. phone with no problem at all. WHERE HAS CUSTOMER SERVICE GONE?

Does everything have to be about the almighty dollar? And when a successful business is sold why does the new owner come in and start making changes? I can understand some changes but this area is a retirement area which means a lot of elderly people that are, like me, technically challenged and we need help with our phones more than the younger people do. And even calling tech help is challenging for us. After I got home I called Verzion Customer Service mainly to complain about that stores new policy. That's when I found out it was not a corporate store.

But to shorten this review, after contacting Verizon customer service, telling them my story, they couldn't believe they were going to charge me, they noted that in my account. Verizon then connected me with tech help and I was on the phone with tech help for about 3 hours trying to get my phone straightened out. The girl was soo patient with me and stayed on the line with me until I lost her. But I think I can finish it from here. If the store could have or would have done what I had to do it would have taken them, at least, ⅓ of the time it took me to do it.

The store in GBC,TX. has lost a customer and any future references from me. I did purchase a new tablet from them but it'll be my last one and I'm thinking about canceling that. So, my point is... if I buy,pay or rent a service or product from you, NOT only do I expect it to work, I expect when there is problems with it, and there's always problems, to have good customer service, unless it's been discussed prior to my sale. Customer service can be a deal breaker, at least for me, this is one of them. There is a corporate store a little farther from me but that's where I'll go from now on.

Original review: May 4, 2022

Verizon is actively losing customers to their credit checks. They reel you in with a great deal that's contingent upon a credit check. When you go through the process you find out it was a big wind up. I literally have paid nearly 2k in rent for the past four years, have more money in my bank account and investment accounts than the phone they're offering costs and pay off my current phone plan 6 months in advance, but these guys don't want to give me a deal they advertised on their website because I've never wasted money using a credit card, laughable.

I went with Google Fi's deal instead, they literally knock off hundreds of dollars without a credit check. If you were EVER thinking about going with Verizon, don't. Google Fi is cheaper, works better and doesn't require a credit check in a BROKEN credit system. For additional information, I have never owned a credit card and this is why I was denied the deal advertised, otherwise my "credit" history is perfect.

Original review: May 1, 2022

I was given a written quote and signed on - only for the bill to be much higher. I had to go back and he "Forgot" to include a significant charge in the quote. After over an hour and the manager's involvement he "Fixed" it. Then I was still charged more monthly. I went back a 3rd time - higher rate continued. Dishonest. Phone Reception was horrible - trouble getting online or hearing others when talking. Called customer service many times and spent hours with them over time and never resolved. Calls disconnected regularly. They said to turn off 5G - didn't work ever. Finally, when my payments for the actual phones were done (paid off), I switched back to AT&T as I never had issues with them and internet and phone line always was clear. Two months later, Verizon billed my bank account (automatically) over $1000 dollars. I had no clue this was being taken from my account.

I called them immediately when I got the email that the payment was processed, as I hadn't budgeted for it and could not pay it at that moment as other bills were coming out that I expected. They refused to stop the payment and said it was due to me leaving before the contract ending. They would not allow me to pay back when I could or to have time to pay in installments. No compassion. Note to speak with someone I had to call 3 times as they route you around. HORRIBLE experience the entire time with them and honestly, worth the $1000 to get rid of them. Beware.

Original review: April 30, 2022

I have been a customer of Verizon for 39 years. I am a student and my company offers discounts. I contacted Verizon regarding this and since I have multiple lines on my account 3 to be exact they say I don't qualify for the discount even though I'm a student. Should not matter how many lines I have. Then I wanted discounts from my company and again they say I'm on a unlimited plan so discounts don't apply. This is so wrong. Should not matter the plan nor lines you have. I qualify and I should get it. They refuse to make it right.

Original review: April 28, 2022

Verizon Wireless doesn’t even deserve a 1 star rating but I had to give one star to leave this review. Their customer service, billing, supervisors are as stupid as they come. Switched my account to paperless billing after two years without my knowledge. Called 10 times in a month to get my bill was told ten different stories. They shut down my phones and disrupted my business for hours! Got the Public Service Commission involved. Switching to AT & T. Can’t deal with misinformed idiots!

Original review: April 26, 2022

I had a Verizon wireless flip phone for almost 20 years. They said they wouldn't support it anymore and said I needed to switch to a new one. But they refused to give me a new one. They wanted to charge some crazy big amount to get a new flip phone after giving them thousands of dollars over the years. On 3/21/22 I switched to Tracfone which has better service at 1/4 the price. I tried to pay my final Verizon bill on the Verizon website but it would not let me log in because I am no longer a customer!

I called Verizon to see if they could help. They said I would be mailed a final bill in the mail. That never happened. Then on 4/25/22 I got a robo-call telling me I had to call 800-754-0961 immediately or face unspecified scary financial consequences. I called that number, but it would not accept my disconnected Verizon Wireless number! I tried calling back again and refused to press any buttons. That did eventually get me to a human. But I spent the next hour being transferred from one person to another. Each time I was transferred I had to start over. No one ever helped me. I was just trying to be honest and pay my bill and they would not let me. Now I am afraid they will try to damage my credit rating.

Original review: April 25, 2022

I purchased a phone that the Verizon representative assured me would connect me to the new 5G network in my area, it was a Samsung S10+5G ($1000+). Turns out the phone is actually a 5GUW but it does not say that in the title. UW means Ultra Wideband which won't be available for years. The representative sent me over to Asurion for a replacement, which doesn't fix the connectivity issues. I paid $250 deductible only to have them tell me I would need to upgrade my 5G phone to another 5G phone for more money. They refused to give me my old phone back or issue a refund. This was false advertising, and a bait/switch.

I have been with them since PrimeCo in the 90s. Now I am looking to switch my whole families account and my business account to another service provider that's hopefully more honest. It's a shame because back in the day they would have just taken this 5G "UW" phone and given me whatever phone actually gets 5G to keep a 20 year account open.

Original review: April 21, 2022

In August 2021 I went to the Verizon corporate store in Wooster to buy a $2,500 Ipad and add a line to my plan. While I was there I was told that if I switched my plan to a business plan I would save $100 a month. Since my plan was already $535 a month I figured why not. They were having a hard time switching all my lines to a business plan so I spent 11 hrs in the store over the next 2 days and was extremely patient. They said it was finally done.

The following month I received 2 phone bills. 1 for the personal plan ($535) and another for a business plan ($285). I called the business manager at the store and was told that I just had to pay the last bill and everything would be fine. So I paid it. The next month, the same thing happened and was told, again, that I needed to pay the last bill, So I paid it. Then the following month it happened again.. I asked what the problem was and he said not to worry about it, he would take care of it and refund my money by crediting it to my account. I said ok, once again and paid the bill. The following month I received another 2 bills. This time he kept ignoring me, so I called the support line and after 2 or so hours of explaining what was happening I was told they would fix the issue that I just needed to pay my final bill. This continued for months. I spent 4hours on the phone one time trying to get the issue resolved.

As the time went on I kept getting less and less patient and getting more and more aggravated. At one time I refused to pay the bill and was informed that, even though it was their mistake I needed to pay both bills or it would go on my credit report. So I kept telling people what happened and everyone kept apologizing saying they couldn't believe this was happening to me, but wouldn't/couldn't resolve the issue. In January or February of 2022 I spoke to a guy who said they only owed me 1,600 and that my bill should only be $435 and he promised to resolve the issue. He said he put a 1,600 credit on my account. I used to shake just thinking about having to call Verizon every month, so when I thought all the torment was over I was overjoyed.

I called Verizon back the following day just to make sure I was going to at least get $1600 of my money back and my bill would no longer be $810 a month. I spoke with a lady who seemed very annoyed with me and didn't want to talk to me, but she verified I would have a $1,600 dollar credit and my bill would be 435. The following month I still had 2 phone bills. I was devastated and actually broke down and cried. By this time I'd spent countless hours on the phone with Verizon and had been hung up on and treated pretty badly. (Not everyone was like that. About 1 out of 4 tried to be helpful, the rest didn't want to be bothered.)

I called Verizon again, this time I called the "personal" line help line and was transferred to the billing department, then transferred to the business department, then transferred back to the personal line department. I finally spoke to an American with no accent that I had to try to translate (I was a little excited about that). I explained everything that has been happening, again. He said he had to deal with this the week prior and he wasn't going to leave me until the issue was absolutely resolved. He got on a 3way call with the business department and told them what they needed to do, and true to his word he was on the line and didn't push me off on someone else the entire time. He also said he could see where they owed me 1,600 in their notes.

I thought I was finally in the clear and at least wouldn't have to worry about a phone bill for the next few months, since I was running out of money because of all the over charging, but the following month I had another bill. So I called again and was hung up on, again. I called back and spoke with an Asian lady. After explaining everything to her, she apologized profusely about how I've been treated and what's been happening to me. She put me on the phone with her manager, he couldn't hardly believe it and apologized. He said he couldn't give me a 1,600 dollar credit, but put in to have someone from the financing department to call me, he said it would take 4-5 days.

So, I called back in 4 ways and was told to wait 5-7 days that they would call me. I waited and never received a call, so I called back and was told they put in a new order for someone to call me, I waited another 7-8 business days and never received a phone call. I called back and the guy told me they wouldn't shut my phones off until I spoke with someone from the financial department. That relieved some stress, until today. I woke up to find out the phones have been shut off, so I got ahold of my mom to let her know what happened since she has no other way of contacting anyone if something happens to her. She got really worried and started crying. Then I received a phone call from my ex wife about my daughter's phone and was thoroughly cussed out.

After all that I called Verizon again to see what happened and didn't was to spend an additional 30minutes explaining what happend to the representative (I was rude, it wasn't her fault and I wish I knew her name so I could apologize) so I made her put me on the phone with her manager, and I explained everything to her and was put on hold for a long while (if they leave a person on hold the person hangs up after a while and it doesn't look like they hung up on a customer). So I called back and told them I'd pay them to please turn 4 of the lines back on and shut the rest of them off. As soon as I pay everything I'm not using Verizon ever again. I've been with them for 17+years and have never had to deal with anything like this. I don't assume writing this will help me, but maybe it could help someone else in my situation. (If Consumer Affairs allows me to post it.)

Original review: April 16, 2022

0 of 5 stars. F Grade. After a horrible experience my first time around with Verizon I decided to move to another carrier for a year. I made the decision to try Verizon again based on the promotions they had for their iPhones and give them a second chance. To make a long story short, I've spent 8 hours on the phone attempting to get the promotions I signed up for corrected as only 1 of 4 phones received the correct promotions without my calling Verizon customer service to correct. While I was able to get correction on 2 more promotions, the last promotion was not given, nor will Verizon make it right.

In the end, an $800 penalty (promotion not given) for going back to Verizon to give them a second chance. Once this 24-month contract is over, I'm done with Verizon for good. NEVER coming back. I don't appreciate being taken advantage of and not being given promotions as advertised. Lost customer here. Good riddance Verizon. I hope new potential Verizon customers do a complete review of their feedback, and AVOID Verizon altogether.

Original review: April 16, 2022

After saving for months, bought two new phones, December 2021. After two weeks decided to return one for full credit, well within 30 day return period. After dealing with the store for two months and no luck getting my $600 back I called Verizon direct. I've spoken to three different reps., all promise to get me my money back. Today, I find they credit my account, not the credit card. l can't buy food with a credit on a phone account. Now they're taking the monthly bill out of the credit. I think I've got them to give me what's left of the $600 back on my card but today I was told that's going to take another two weeks. Being told a credit is coming and nothing happens and for it to take over three months is absolutely ridiculous and pathetic. This doesn't bring in to consideration problems with signal strength and dropped calls at my house. That's next I guess. Wonder how long that will take to get figured out? Maybe by the end of the two year agreement.

Original review: April 15, 2022

I am a T-Mobile customer who wanted to switch to Verizon so on March the 4th I called Verizon. Was approved for the service. I chose my new phone the S22 Ultra which was on back order until April 8th and that was my shipment date. Well the 8th has come and gone. All I was getting was transferred from department to department to finally be told there was an error in the order in their system so it wouldn't ship the phone so they then say I could wait for my refund and reorder it or I could go to the store to pick it up but I would have to pay the down payment off $600 again. They couldn't give me a credit or nothing. I don't just have $600 laying around. Then I asked them if they could have the store hold a phone for me to make sure I could get the phone. They couldn't do that either so I just have been ** Around. Not a good experience so far.

Original review: April 15, 2022

Verizon's sim chip failed in my iPhone 12 Mini today and they proceeded to cut off my wife's phone (so I couldn't verify my account) and then customer service trolled me for two hours about validating who I was from my wife's phone on our account (the one they also switched to an E sim without being requested to). All in all, I've spent 7 hours today trying to resolve my connectivity issues for both our phones. After driving to the local Verizon store which was closed due to staffing issues (can't verify myself or my phones, door closed, not in operation) I was forced to go to a third party Verizon store to get my wife's phone turned back on and sim sorted. My phone never reconnected, even with a new 4g physical sim chip installed and the phone wiped.

The rep had never seen that with any phone in his whole time doing it. I'd like to thank Verizon for not only ruining a productive day for both my wife and myself, but also for not supporting their product, for trolling us on line in the chat, and for not offering any semblance of help to resolve this problem. A third party Verizon store spent 2 hours resolving the problem and I still wound up getting a new phone to get my account reconnected. 39 seconds ... After purchasing a new phone it took 39 seconds to reconnect my account folks. These folks are SCAMMERS.

Original review: April 14, 2022

We switched to Verizon several years ago, and it was an improvement. Recently we found our connection in Android and iPhone are constantly interrupting (more than 10 dropped calls a day!), text delivery is delayed. Verizon rep said the only solution is to talk over Internet and buy their expensive Internet connection extender.

Original review: April 14, 2022

I grandfathered a plan with Verizon and they charged me an additional $25.00 for no reason. Now they have me on a slower internet plan and I pay approximately 145.00 a month. Verizon is basically wants me to change my plan by force. I been with this company for over 15 years. I just want to know how this company operates. No I would not recommend this company.

Original review: April 13, 2022

I was a Verizon Business Customer for over 20 years. I switched to T Mobile because of the increased pricing over the years by Verizon. After I switched to T Mobile, I went to the local Verizon store to make sure I didn't have any final payments due. Canton, MI Verizon told me I was in the clear. I recently found out that Verizon has been billing my AMEX for over a year for a recurring charge on an account that no longer existed. Certainly it's my stupidity for not catching it sooner, but seeing Verizon on my AMEX for 20 plus years didn't seem odd to me. I disputed the charges and blocked Verizon from charging my AMEX and called Verizon. The Manager Francisco ** elected to NOT refund my money over the past year after verifying that there was no activity on my account. Francisco knowingly kept my money when they know that refunding it was the right thing to do.

I understand that I'm to blame for not catching it earlier, but they chose not to care. I want everyone out there to understand that when Verizon is collecting your Money, they are 1 Entity. When they are refunding your money, they act as separate entities. Francisco's advice was to collect my refund from the local Verizon Store, but I know that it was Verizon Wireless Corporation that was billing my CC on file, not the local store. T Mobile delivers the same reliability as Verizon for a fraction of the cost. If you're prior Military like I am, T Mobile has a great discount program to honor Veterans. I don't know how Francisco and his team sleep at night knowing they are stealing my money, makes me sick thinking about it! Stay away from Verizon is my recommendation.

Original review: April 10, 2022

I was attempting to move my three phone lines to Verizon. The salesperson lied to me and misled me multiple times. There is a $35 activation fee per phone which they do not disclose and do not put in any of the paperwork they give you during the activation process. You only learn about it a month later when you get your first bill. They ordered a phone for me that I did not authorize and did not request and then tried to add it to my account.

They messed up the activation so badly that I had to spend nearly three hours being passed around to five different departments in order to get the numbers ported over. It was an absolute nightmare. When I reached out to customer service to ask why my first bill, which I expected to be $175, was actually $425, they said "there's an activation fee." I had to ask three times before they told me how much it was. When I asked why this wasn't disclosed, they hung up on me! This is a horrible company to do business with.

Original review: April 9, 2022

I had to go through their fraud prevention steps and was asked to upload my driver's license a whopping 5x. On top of that, all the phone agents I spoke to during the process were all uninterested sounding in dealing with my problem.

Original review: April 7, 2022

We had been with ATT for over 12 years and decided to join our daughter’s and son-in-law’s Verizon account and make it better financially for all involved. My husband and I had 2 iPhones one was reasonably new which was iPhone 11 and my husband’s iPhone 8. We were told we would get a Visa card for my husband for about $500. and I was told I would get a credit on my line for the charges on the new phone iPhone 12 which had just come out. Even though I have proof that they received the phones the visa never came and the credit for my phone was never applied. Called repeatedly and everyone referred us to someone else, went to the store and they told us that was not their problem anymore and to call customer service which we already had done. At this point they said we waited too long to claim it which we were told to wait at least 2 months. Anyway as soon as this contract is over we will go back to ATT. Do not recommend this company to anyone.

Original review: April 7, 2022

Verizon Wireless continued to charge me for wireless service for 16 days after I cancelled my phone service/ moved to another carrier.. They held my phone number hostage as an excuse to raid my personal funds.. Here's how the scam works.. I cancel, they charge me for additional fees although, I am no longer a customer by using my phone number against me.. They stated that they would have to cancel my phone number and I would have to apply for a new one if I wanted NOT to be charged the additional 16 days of service... In conclusion: I am paying them royalty fees for my personal phone number..

Original review: April 6, 2022

On 2/13/22 we could no longer receive incoming calls and I could not make any outgoing calls. My wife was traveling and she told me later that she tried to call me five (5) times and could not get through. On 2/14, I was very concerned that I did not hear from her and tried to call her, my daughter and son-in-law. Could not get in touch with anyone. I am 86 years old and knew there was a problem so tried to walk over to my daughter's house which is three blocks away. I fell and ended up in ER.

When my daughter notified my wife, she came home immediately. She tried numerous times to get Verizon to help with phone service but they just blamed the internet service. They did not fix or help in any way so, we cancelled service from Verizon cancelled on 2/23/22 (after 9 days of trying to get help from them.) I have written confirmation of 2/23 cancellation from Verizon. They sent me a bill for $82 and I immediately called. They would not reverse and said the plan went to 3/9 and I would have to pay that amount plus $25 for late payment. This should be reversed.

Original review: April 5, 2022

Completely unprofessional and irresponsible technical support service. I have been on the phone for 5 hours trying to resolve a simple matter. I wanted to know my apps were not properly downloading onto my new phone. There was a download status which was not moving along. I had called 4 different times only to be deferred to a different department or person, more than one occasion the call would drop and I would not receive a callback. Last time the call dropped in the middle of conversation, over the Verizon network on a brand new phone no less. This whole thing has been a complete DISASTER. I work in the medical field and need my phone apps to connect to patients. Simply laughable service, or lack thereof!!

Original review: April 3, 2022

I always thought Verizon is a better mobile carrier, so transferred my family plan (3 phone lines) from AT&T. What a big mistake! Two SIM cards didn’t work, spent two days chat with customer service agents but no results. Finally we made two lines transferred, but the coverage were not better at all! Texting has issues from day one! My husband refused to continue to transfer finally, but Verizon will charge us for this if he decided not to follow through. It’s not our fault, it’s clearly Verizon’s horrible customer service and horrible quality, non working SIM card and chatting agents only wanted to sell something!

Original review: April 2, 2022

So here goes they have a bunch of lying money stealing thieves that work at this company. I paid to have 2 items shipped via overnight and I have not received them. I was told I didn't yet I have proof

Verizon Wireless Company Information