2.8/5 (930 ratings)

About Verizon Wireless

Verizon sells phones and phone plans across the United States. With stores and cell towers in every state, Verizon’s widespread reach allows customers to call, text or use data almost anywhere. Verizon customers can buy products from Apple, Samsung, Google and other phone manufacturers. The company also offers discounts for military members and first responders.

Pros

• 5G available in some areas
  • Discounts on multiple lines
  • Mix & match unlimited plans
  • Parental control app

Cons

• Prices are higher for fewer lines
  • 5G not available in all areas

Bottom Line

Verizon offers a wide range of cellular service plans for customers who use their devices in different ways. Though prices might be higher than other providers, the level of service and extra features make Verizon stand out.

Verizon Wireless Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Verizon Wireless?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Verizon Wireless?

Original review: July 22, 2021

Had just switched from Sprint (15 yrs) to Verizon. I am getting set to travel the country so I wanted a service that was more reliable. I got the phone first and was satisfied with the service. I went back explaining that I needed a hot spot with UNLIMITED HIGH SPEED, was told of this plan for $30 a month. I asked if that was unlimited HIGH SPEED because I could not go with being throttled back after using a certain amount of data. The price seemed very low and he said yes. I went with the plan to only find out I only had a certain amount of high speed and was then throttled back. I tried for 2 DAYS to get thru to someone to only be transfers to a department that was closed. The one thing that Sprint/T- Mobile has that Verizon doesn't is Excellent Customer SERVICE.

Original review: July 21, 2021

To start - I can't even contact Verizon online or off-line. Also, the quality of their service is horrible. I have all kinds of echos, bad connections and oddball audio quirks during phone calls. You've been warned

Original review: July 20, 2021

I've been a long time customer of Verizon for over 10 years now and every year the service seems to keep getting worse and worse. I have called and complained multiple times and nothing has been done, they just keep saying too many people are on the network.

Original review: July 20, 2021

My husband and I are 30-year customers of Verizon. We are RVers and travel the North American continent, feeling so lucky to have such great coverage with Verizon. We purchased new 5G cellphones five weeks before Verizon announced they were giving away the S21 (exactly what we purchased) in order to get 5G phones out to customers. The television ad said the offer was available to current Verizon customers as well as new. Since we had just spent $900 on the new S21 phones, I called "customer disservice" and was told, basically, too bad so sad. The agent could have cared less. Wouldn't consider any kind of a refund or credit. So much for telling everyone how great Verizon is. We really feel we were scammed by our own wireless company!! Suddenly, other carriers are looking much better.

Original review: July 20, 2021

Verizon sucks!!! Ordered four new phones over the phone June 30th with a 2 day delivery. Received three of the phones within 3 days through a UPS delivery. The fourth phone never arrived. When I called on July 9th (9 days later) to inquire, I spoke to a rep named Ann and I found out that the phone was shipped separately through FedEx. After looking at the FedEx tracking, it showed that the phone was still in PA where it originally started from. I asked the Verizon rep if they could resend me the phone at which time they told me that I had to wait another 7 days to see if the phone would arrive. That would put me at 16 days with no phone.

I called back on Friday, July 16th to tell them I had not received the phone at which point they agreed the phone was lost. They told me they had to cancel that order and start the new order, but that the cancelation would take 24hrs. The rep then advised me that he would personally call me the next day (Saturday) between 12 and 2pm to process the new order with me. I waited until 4pm the next day and no call. I then tried to call Verizon and I got a message stating that they were closed and that I had to call back Monday - Friday.

I call back on Monday July 18th (today) at 5:05pm, after being on hold for a long time and then getting connected, the new rep Dennis who apologized again. It took me several tries at explaining the situation before he finally understood what was going on. He then told me that he would process the order for me with expedited shipping. He then told me that he could have the order processed through a Verizon store and I could pick it up within 15 minutes. He also said that I could bring my old phone to the store and hand it in for the trade in value instead of shipping it back as originally planned. I agreed.

It was now 6:35pm by the time I finished speaking to Dennis (1.5 hrs). I looked up the hours of the store he sent me to which is the closest store to me. The store closed at 8:00pm and it is a 25 minute ride from my house. I had to call my wife at work so she could give me her phone for the trade in. I went to her job, got the phone and drove to the Verizon store. I tried calling the store to confirm as I was driving there, but the local store number goes to the main customer service number so there is no way to speak to the store directly. I arrived at the Verizon store at 7:15pm. The salesman at the store looked up my account and said that he could see the order, but that he had to wait for the order to be processed. He said that it could take up to an hour, or sometimes longer, reminding me they close at 8. He kept checking his tablet and nothing.

At 7:30, I call Verizon again and after holding 15 minutes, I get a rep named Daniel on the phone. After explaining everything to Daniel now, he puts me on hold to look into it. I am literally on hold with the salesman standing next to me. 28 minutes into the call while on hold, the call disconnects. It is not 7:55pm. I told the salesman I was leaving and would have to come back on Wednesday to see if I could pick up the phone. He then suggested that he could cancel that order and that he could do the order from scratch on Wednesday and I would walk out with my phone. He also told me that he was not able to take the trade in at the store and that the phone rep had misinformed me.

After I arrived home, I was checking emails where I found an email from Verizon at 6:35pm asking me to confirm an order. Meaning, the store order was never processed because I did not confirm the email that I was never told about. UNBELIVEABLE!! Going to try at the store on Wednesday to see if I could get this nightmare over with. I am hating Verizon right now, but the truth is, what am I going to do? All of these big companies suck.

Original review: July 19, 2021

What the hell?! The customer service wait time is literally like 30 minutes plus. The website is sloppy and confusing. It took me two weeks to resolve issues surrounding the purchase of a new phone. I mean, wth, Verizon makes is hard to even BUY their products. But boy I tell ya', if you're trying to buy something, the wait time is zero seconds and they're ready to take your money with unbounded enthusiasm. Anything other than taking your money is going to be trouble with Verizon.

Original review: July 17, 2021

I have a prepaid Verizon phone. I pay just as much and get the same service, I just don't have a contract. I had a phone, I previously used on Verizon and was tricked into buying a Moto phone. I dropped it in water, bought a new phone but was not let past the front door of the Verizon store to get help getting my phone up and running. Where's my customer service? My bill is paid on auto pay just like it was on a contract. I'm searching for another provider with Verizon's network that has actual customer service.

Original review: July 16, 2021

I was a customer since 1992. Company became harder and harder to deal with. Trying to reach a live person is extremely frustrating and all but impossible. Service was spotty at best. Deceptive advertising. Said Free Phone offer,, but anything but free!! After reading 20 pages of fine print later...yup, they said they would get me in the end, but FREE was in the big, bold print!! Shame on you Verizon Wireless. You got my money this time, but never again!!

Original review: July 15, 2021

After 12 years and a replacement phone, calls in or out dropped. Technical Support can't even contact me and they can't give me answers when I do contact with them. They say it's not the towers.? Help!

Original review: July 14, 2021

I recently went in to a Verizon store and paid my Moto Z4 off to do upgrade to a new version that was supposed to be released this year in June. Well they had no new Moto Z phone so I got a crappy Moto One and it is junk. Want a new Moto Z.

Verizon Wireless Company Information