3.2/5 (2352 ratings)

About Verizon Wireless

Verizon sells phones and phone plans across the United States. With stores and cell towers in every state, Verizon’s widespread reach allows customers to call, text or use data almost anywhere. Verizon customers can buy products from Apple, Samsung, Google and other phone manufacturers. The company also offers discounts for military members and first responders.

Pros

• 5G available in some areas
  • Discounts on multiple lines
  • Mix & match unlimited plans
  • Parental control app

Cons

• Prices are higher for fewer lines
  • 5G not available in all areas

Bottom Line

Verizon offers a wide range of cellular service plans for customers who use their devices in different ways. Though prices might be higher than other providers, the level of service and extra features make Verizon stand out.

Verizon Wireless Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Verizon Wireless?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Verizon Wireless?

Original review: Nov. 4, 2022

I have been with Verizon 13+ years. I found where they didn't disconnect a second line I had, and they have proof in their system that it was set to disconnect and it didn't happen, I found where I have been billed $97.00 a month for 2 years ($2,328.00). When I asked to have that refunded they said 6 months is the most... After going back and forth that I am not negotiating, I expect the full 2 years refunded, they said a year is the most they will do, that it is my responsibility to keep track of my bills. I asked if they want to lose me as a customer over $1,000 after 13 years of paying my bills on time and overall being happy with Verizon. Supervisor kept arguing that she is trying to work with me but I was not working with her. Honestly they can keep the whole 2 years they wrongfully billed me for, I will go somewhere else.

Seems they feel they have the moral high ground to charge for something I was not using, and they can see it was never used...and...they have it in the remarks on my account that the line was to be shutdown. Her comment was that they invoiced me every month and I should have seen it. I will admit to not being good at tracking these things, I am good about making sure the bill is paid... I have it on autopay with a card. It is not about the money, it is about doing what is right, I guess they are more interested in finding new customers rather than take care of those who have been with them this long.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2022

I was approved for a wireless account along with my internet service. The phones were shipped to a address that wasn't my current physical address. I wanted to pick them up at the FedEx office but no one would call FedEx to hold the shipment. I cancelled my wireless plan because customer service did nothing. I was offered to start services several times since. Over two months later I get a credit denied letter which will affect my score. Why approve me two months ago to deny me because I cancelled my wireless service. Never again with Verizon! I am currently getting rid of Xfinity!

Original review: Nov. 3, 2022

I'm outraged with this ordeal with regarding internet service with this provider. I have been billed since July 2022 for two wifi routers that were never activated. I have been calling and no one has helped with the negligent billing. I just dropped 631.00 for a bill due to my cellphone lines being suspended for nonpayment when the majority of the charges are from these devices as well reconnect fees. This is ridiculous.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2022

I got my phones disconnected by Verizon on Halloween night while my kids were out trick or treating! When I tried to call and speak to a customer service representative, I got an automated message saying that I was past due and needed to make a payment. I have been a loyal customer for over 25 years and have made my payment every month on time! I have even paid more than the minimum on months where I know that I’m going to be out of data! For them to cut my line without calling me or reviewing my payment history is appalling! And to cancel my service on a night where communication with my kids are of utmost importance is shameful! This goes to show how much customer service gets you now!

Original review: Oct. 28, 2022

We were brought to Verizon after 20 years with AT&T. We left due to promises for travel expenses and new phones. We held up our part of the bargain and Verizon kept, on recorded lines, making promises they did not keep. My new phones were suspend due to fraud 3 times while overseas with the travel package. We were also promised that we could return our iPhone 14 for iPhone 14 pros within 30 days. We did call and ordered our iPhone 14 pros within the allotted time. Verizon said our new phones would be in the 24th of October.

When we did not received them they said they cancelled our order due to us not verifying an email. We were never told this and did not see the email. They did this so they would not live up to what we were promised. After spending many days, yes days, on the phone, a rep said he extended the 30 days to 45. They will not honor what they said on a recorded line. Funny, they expect their customers to live up to what they say on recorded lines. DO NOT LEAVE OTHER CARRIERS FOR VERIZON.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2022

As a general rule will just tell you what they think you want to hear without any intention of holding up their side of the agreement. It typically takes days often time a couple of weeks to find someone in the network who is willing to help, it's person after person lying straight to your face with no concern about the consequences they cause in people's lives. The automated assistants are an absolute joke, but it's often better than the first line 'assistance' you get when you can finally get someone on the phone. Good coverage is all they have going for them, I'm looking for a diff service with a focus on customer service. After 12 years, it hasn't gotten any better, it's just the ONLY place with coverage in my area.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2022

I have used Verizon for over 4 years mostly because I needed internet calling. And they were one of the only service that covered it. The sell service itself was very spotty and I had to constantly restart my phone thinking it was my phone So I bought a new one and ended up with problems with it too. I switched to another company last week on October 20. I had to call to have Verizon unlock my number at first I was told I couldn’t take my phone number with me. I said what I came with this number. The guy spent the better part of an hour trying to keep me with them. The add charges go up last December I paid off my phone, took off the insurance, had auto payment for more of a discount bringing it down to $45 my bill when I left was back up to $59. He was not going to talk me into staying. So he tells me he has unlit my number and as soon as I switch it over my account would be closed.

I called my new carrier put in my sims card and it wasn’t unlocked. It was asking for a pin. The guy said nothing about a pin so I call back again. This time I get a nice girl. She helped me though it and also told me my account would be closed as soon as I took my number. I specifically asked about the auto payment and was told it would not be taken. I got my phone switched. I Have so much better service for 1/2 the price, and internet calling. Only problem Verizon took the auto payment. Yesterday I spent two hours trying to get this guy to give me back my money while he tried to bully me saying my account was not closed and that if I didn’t pay they would send it to collections. I didn’t owe the money. Finally he said he would send a check for 20 something dollars. And today I get an email saying my account was closed today. Get things in writing if you're going to use this company. Get everything in writing

Original review: Oct. 27, 2022

I live in a small New England town, I work from home, and spend 95%+ of my time in town. Verizon Wireless service is spotty at best. Bad signal in my house, no signal in my shopping center or pharmacy. I'm paying $90+ for a service I can barely use. Do not recommend.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2022

Customer Service rep was nice but didn't do what I ask him which was give me a address for a send back box 'cause I didn't want their internet. Their guy was named Chris and he acted like he was doing things but didn't do anything. He's just collecting a paycheck there and it sucks for the other guys named Chris there 'cause they're getting the rap for his inability to do the job and do it right. SsSSooorrrryyyy, for those Chris guys that do their job right!!! This is not for you.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2022

If you are already not a Verizon Wireless customer, please beware of the backend support issues you will experience. For very simple items, such as ordering a replacement phone, getting trade in credit, setting up your new phone, billing issues, etc...there are very disjointed backend processes. The staff that you interact with at the 1st level and even at the 2nd level dismiss your issue as resolved, however the issue may remain open for months longer. You will have to follow up several times on the same thing. You will find yourself spending countless hours in a queue waiting to speak with a customer service representative only to have it be wasted. In the store, if you don't buy the phone from that location another location refused to support it. Major breakdowns all along the entire customer service experience interactions.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2022

Their network has gone downhill so much it's not funny. Price goes up, service goes down. I have new phone, I am lucky to get one bar no matter where I'm at and I live in Central FL. Close to Orlando, close to Ocala, close to the villages. The service sucks donkey **. Stay away and go with someone cheaper.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2022

I have used this service for at least 10 years. It is the most expensive service that have ever spent money on and their service sucks. I paid my bill late and I've been arguing with people on the phone since yesterday and my phone is still not active. 300$ was what I paid. All this company does is take your money. If you have a option go anywhere else!!.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2022

I called to have two line for me and my wife on 1 account under my name family plan and a phone with $30 monthly payment. My bill was about $200. They did everything wrong. I was on phone for 4 days. Finally customer service said, "We fix and you are good," end of the month I got two bill $330 and $225 bill. I called Verizon again. Why I have to pay about ** $600. They said because it's two accounts. I said this is mistake and moreover they fix it. They said, "Pay or we will disconnect the line..." This is so ** up.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2022

I wouldn't give any stars for their service! I'm infuriated with their bad service, with how they transfer you from department to department so you have to explain yourself 10 times over and over and never receive a solution to your problem. I was never explained the terms of the account at the beginning of the contract and got charged with over $1100 dollars that are not easy to come up with. Thieves is what they are!! And I would NEVER recommend Verizon to anyone!! And will also report them to the Better Business Bureau. I don't know how thieves like them can sleep at night. That money could've fed my family for almost 3 months or paid my rent for 2 months, but they have no consideration, and the fact that it was their fault for not explaining in full detail what the terms were is what irks me, because that's like luring you in with all their "free" promos but they don't tell you, it's only free if you stay with them for a certain amount of time.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2022

Dorothy was one of the managers for the leadership team. Her rep that was dealing with us had nothing but attitude and began going off about her opinions about T-Mobile. Dorothy here stated that she was part of management and, “did not have to provide me (her customer) with good customer service”. I was already enraged from the previous rep and she would not release the name of the rep that began all of these issues. She had no skills in diffusing the situation and only amped everything up. I’ve been a paying customer for years, paying off multiple devices, and almost 300.00 a month and to get treated so disgustingly???

Miss Dorothy even gave me a chuckle, taking things personal, trying to hang the phone up on me (warning me) and acting completely unprofessional. Needing to file a formal complaint because my good association with Verizon has been ripped to shreds. They have multiple issues on our account. Promising us a certain amount when we take a device out, then not honoring it. Us trying to get a discount for the auto pay and it shaving off 5 days off our due date. Putting a brand new device like it’s paid off and putting the device payments on old, paid off phones.

The list goes on…our account is a complete disaster and they have nothing but nasty attitude employees representing their company and destroying Verizon’s name. Nothing they are doing makes sense and I’m going to have to continue wasting my time, day after day, until maybe by chance I find someone that is willing to listen and help rather than talk over their customers and treat them like crap when we are the ones paying your salaries.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2022

Voice mail hell. Do not answer phone calls, send message and hang up. I am leaving verizon wireless for cheaper plans. Verizon Synchrony credit card is same disaster. Do not answer messages. I have spent hours trying to transfer points earned. Verizon Wireless is a disaster. Avoid, avoid, avoid.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2022

Unbelievable service. I called and tried to get a deferral payment because of the hurricane. We were without power for 2 weeks. No water for three weeks. Natural disaster and no type of relief program for those affected. I will not continue to be a customer to Verizon.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2022

I would never recommend Verizon. From the beginning, everything was a disaster. I was told my phone would come in 2 days but it turns out it was actually back ordered and came in two weeks. Took about 2 hours to set up the new phone with constant transfers between departments. Every time I spoke to someone they told me I was in the wrong place and would transfer me somewhere else.

The sales rep set me up with a temporary line while my new phone was shipped and I was charged $4 per day for the temporary line, since the phone was back ordered I had $45 of additional charges. I disputed the additional charges which someone on the customer service team agreed to credit our account for the charges but in doing so our bill ended up going UP. Contacted customer service the next day and spent another 1-2 hours trying to figure out why my bill went up instead of down and they said it's because I requested an upgrade to the account which I never did. Overall, the cell service is not nearly as good as AT&T in my area. I look forward to switching back to AT&T although I can't imagine the hoops I'll have to jump through to leave Verizon if it was this hard to join them.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2022

I changed wireless companies in July specifically for the byop deal. I signed up online with help from an agent. I asked about the deal and she said I qualified for it. When I received my sim cards they did not work and as I contacted Verizon they said the paperwork did not go through. I then went again and finished signing up and again asked that I still qualified for the byop deal and she said yes but said no more.

Since I wasn't told anymore I thought it was taken care of. At this point, none of our phones work because of porting the numbers so this took a couple more days. We finally got 2 out of the 4 phones working and then had to spend another few days working on the other 2. After a total of almost a week, we finally had to get a new number for one of the phones and had to pay for said number because Verizon couldn't port it over.

The last phone was my phone and somehow the port over was screwed up on their end and took 2 week to get it to work. 2 weeks of not being able to use my phone for BUSINESS. Lost 2 weeks of work, NO compensation or credit on my bill from Verizon. I am still having issues of not receiving texts here and there. I then call on 10/14 to find out about our $500 gift cards and they said that the deal had expired at the beginning of September and I should have gotten a code to redeem. I informed them that I had talked to the agent about this and they never mentioned that a code was needed. I have looked all over the site and do not see this mentioned. I find out the deal is still going on but they will not honor it. This is fraud, plain and simple. WORST COMPANY EVER!

Original review: Oct. 19, 2022

Let me start by stating I have been a loyal Verizon customer since the 90s and have had very little problems, historically. I have 4 lines on my account and have purchased many devices over the past several years. A little over a month ago, Verizon sent an email offering up to $300.00 as a promotional credit to trade in your old device if you purchase a new one through them. My daughter's iPhone 7 had been acting up since Apple stopped supporting it, so we decided to upgrade her as an early Christmas gift and take advantage of the promotion. We went online, picked a device, and began. We filled in the online form and the details of the purchase indicated the device payment would add $12.00 a month to her portion of the bill. Once Verizon appraised the device, the additional cost would be adjusted to reflect the promotional credit.

Not long after, we received an email that said, "review your next bill". I opened it and to my surprise, Verizon charged us for the entire cost of the new device. Our bill totaled over $900.00! I contacted Verizon and they said we had exceeded our credit limit. We have had multiple device payments in the past and have never been late on a payment, so I assumed this was some sort of mistake. Customer support said they couldn't alter or edit the details of the transaction, so I decided we would return the phone and get our trade in device back. Verizon said their policy is to not return trade in devices.

I was pretty upset, so I decided I would return the new device and cancel my account with Verizon. When I asked how I would get my credit for the trade in (since they normally pay you in monthly installments) they said I would forfeit the credit if I cancelled service. Forfeiting the $300.00 and adding a $50.00 restocking fee for returning the new device and having to start new with another service provider made it unaffordable. We are paying for the device up front, and they are giving us $8.00 a month over 2 years for our trade. That doesn't seem fair.

I realize corporations have policies and they should follow them most of the time. In this case, we were deceived at point of sale. I would think that might be grounds to consider making an exception. The end result is that we are stuck paying an enormous bill during a time where we are struggling to maintain a budget because of runaway inflation. Verizon could care less. I would caution anyone considering participating in a Verizon promotion to think twice...

Original review: Oct. 18, 2022

They got my order wrong and made it like it was my fault. Then tried to charge me twice for a phone. I had stay on the phone for 3 hours to tell me that there is nothing they can do. Did even apologize on their behalf.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2022

So Verizon is not what it use to be... They use to put money into their network and ensure reliability however from my experiences of recent they don't care at all.. I got on the horn with Verizon Support through Twitter because every time I try to call Verizon they want me to text chat with them which is difficult for me to do with my medical condition. Then... After hours of text chatting the individual from tech support decides to de-active my phone because my initial reason for contacting them was my phone calls keep not coming through from doctors' offices. They keep complaining that my phone is no longer in service and random issues like this..

Also This only occurs when Wifi calling has been enabled on the phone for over 24/hrs and doesn't go away until wifi calling has been disabled for 72hrs. The phone is a Samsung S22 Ultra 512 Gb model. It has been reset multiple times and replaced twice. Anyway so he deactivated my phone which is connected to my Dexcom G6 and Tandem Tslim Insulin pump which translates data back to my doctors and emergency contacts in the event of a sugar crash etc in real time and it took me over 28 hrs of begging and pleading with anyone and everyone I could reach on tech support. I tried Facebook support. Still couldn't get it activated. I tried the Website. Still couldn't get it activated. I tried Twitter again. They couldn't get it activated.

Eventually Saturday evening I called in and spent three hours on the phone with one tech and she couldn't get it to work. Sent me to the porting department and I spent twenty minutes on the line with her then got transferred back to tech support. She couldn't help either then someone decided that I needed Tier 2 support and this is where help began to come into the picture.. If only Tier 2 was easier to get to... So I get to Tier 2 finally and it took them about a half hour to figure out what was going on but once they did we were able to get things resolved with the help of a member of management as well as the Tier two customer service rep.. Seriously how can Verizon flip up that bad... I only pay 327 dollars a month with them every month....

Now onto network issues locally... Our network here locally is overloaded. How I know is I run speed test randomly throughout the day and night and I notice a difference in speeds on the 4G LTE and no we don't have 5G here and it we probably won't have 5G here for years because we live in an area where we are usually the last to be thought of.. Although we do have a Walmart DC in our town. That is about all we got of major Industry. Anyway So on average we get about 8 Mbps Download and about 1 Mbps upload. Again not enough to Video stream or perform Video Conferencing with a Doctor's office if needed at 1080p at 6000 kbps bit rate.. On paper their package looks amazing. If only their network was robust enough to handle the traffic that they claim they can handle.

My guess is they have engineers internally that are lying to upper management telling the upper management everything is ok when in reality things are an absolute crap show down here.. That's the only explanation I have for my NRB tickets being resolved without being fixed over the past months.. This is my most recent NRB ticket **. But it's not complete because they didn't take the time to complete all my concerns on the ticket.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2022

Firstly, I would like to say that I truly have never in my life left any kind of negative review for any business online. I am rarely inclined to ever state negative things about any person or organization, especially online. Please take this into careful consideration when reading my review. Verizon is absolutely the worst company I have dealt with in my entire life. I could go on and on about the details of my personal experience of how they have taken advantage of their power and completely denied all principles of customer satisfaction and service, but for the sake of brevity and simplicity, I will only state the broad subjects at hand. Valid trade-in phones were stolen from us, extra invalid charges were charged to us on a monthly basis.

Supervisors and representatives dodged us over and over and did not fix their mistakes. Hours and hours (at least 30 full hours over the phone) have been completely wasted with no value returned. When I finally cancelled they charged me $1600 and I paid that cancellation fee just as I had paid in a timely fashion every other wrongful bill that was ever charged to me over the 3+ years that I remained a loyal customer. Two months after cancellation, I thought I had finally escaped Verizon. I was mistaken.

At that time they billed me another $1,000 due to a hidden "condition" that was never given to me orally or in written form. They said the condition stated that if I did not stay with them for another 12 months after receiving a $459.87 prepaid visa card due to a promotional rebate program, I would be charged this amount. This issue was the tip of the iceberg for me that made me write this review. I don't know if I will ever escape Verizon. I could continue to talk about all the major ways that Verizon has let me down and taken advantage of my loyalty - as I have left out many details - but I will finish with this comment. Please, for your sake and for mine, do not give Verizon your business. If they have consistently treated me this way for 3+ years, I cannot imagine the number of other customers they have and will take advantage of. Don't be a victim to Verizon. You will most certainly regret it. Thank you for reading. - Regretfully, Jeremiah **

Original review: Oct. 12, 2022

I was a Verizon customer for 2 years. Was nothing but a nightmare with this company. They will get you with any fees they can get tackle on. Once I was done paying on my phones I decided to switch companies. Several months later I receive a bill I have no knowledge of until it hits my credit report. I tried reaching out. Talk to an executive in resolution billing issues. Which was unsuccessful because we went in circles about the issue. Verizon being a corporate company all they care about is money and not their customers. Stay far away from this company. No wonder why customers these days use prepaid services. Customer service satisfaction is not their priority.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2022

I've had Verizon service for only a few months before deciding to call it quits. My account was set up incorrectly and I had to call several times to get my account correct. They offer services without having extensive knowledge in those services. Offering discounts for multiple service but not knowing how to apply. After not receiving my gift cards for transferring to Verizon and not having the proper credit applied I had to say enough is enough. I ported my family plan to a company that values their customers. I've also gone and discontinued Verizon Fios. Their service was only good for the first month.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2022

Received malware alerts on cell phone. Concerned there were security issues. Went to Verizon store in Westerville, OH spoke with Manager Melissa **. She assured me problem could be resolved and clearly explained why alerts were received. She navigated through different areas in cell phone and resolved problem. I appreciate her professional and kind demeanor.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2022

I have had phone service with Verizon for about 4 years and nothing but issues. The phone service is terrible in my area not to mention the customer service is ridiculous. Been on the phone with them 5 times this week. Nothing but runaround. And please don't waste your money on letting them talk you into phone insurance as I have been paying $17 a mth for insurance for them to send me to a third party company who wants $250 to replace a 4 year old phone that went black. Seems Verizon shouldn't sell third party insurance that doesn't honor their insurance. I will be getting a new provider this week.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2022

Changed service to Verizon with a new Samsung phone. Phone and or service never worked in most areas they said it would. All calls from week one of bad service documented. Was forced to dispute charges when Verizon refused to credit account and accept phone back. Hours of time for weeks calling them and they couldn't fix the phone not functioning. Now they're refusing to accept return and credit account for all charges. Good news is I changed to T-Mobile with new Motorola phone and service is excellent. Great experience. Highly recommend TMobile!

Original review: Oct. 11, 2022

Was a long time customer for more than 20 years. No issues all the way through. I traded in my phone a Pixel 4a through one of their promotions to get the Pixel 6. The new phone was acting up and wasn't working properly. I requested a new Pixel 6. They sent it out and they required me to pay for the tax on the phone, granted I also pay for the tax on the previous pixel 6 even though I traded in my pixel 4a for the new pixel 6. I received the new Pixel 6 and sent back the one the didn't work. Verizon never received it, it was lost in the mail or something like that, they couldn't really say. I paid for the lost phone and cancelled my service and switched to T-Mobile. Now I am getting notices that I still owe for my pixel 4a that I TRADED IN TO GET A NEW PHONE. They will trick you and try to get every nickel and dime from you!! STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2022

My experience started ok with my adding a new line and ordering a phone online. After I clicked Submit, everything began falling apart and has been in an exponential decline, ending in my incurring a completely unexpected $700 expense. Thus far, I have spent 5 hours on the phone with the inept Customer Service team, have been lied to multiple times, and am now awaiting the final verdict following review of my case with the escalation team. We all know how that will end….

The icing on the cake is the $700 charge on my account which TWO different Customer Service Reps told me I would not incur. Do you think the escalation team will take the time to listen to those recorded conversations to verify my claim and right the wrong? Yeah, me neither. I despise this Company and am completely amazed at their employees' lack of ability to think critically and consider the customer experience. Perhaps it’s too much to expect ethical business practices from a company of this size and position in their market.

Verizon Wireless Company Information