2.34/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Last updated: April 22, 2018

5152 Verizon Wireless Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 22, 2018

I moved from a city to a small town. So I had to go with Verizon because they had the most towers in my area. I've had so many problems with them. Went into store because phone was getting hot. Said it was the sim card. They changed it, but before that, they tried to sell us for more data. We replied that we would think about it. The lady added it anyways.

Got a new phone. It didn't work right. I didn't like going to the store because that women already ** us once. So after about 5 calls over a month about how their "fixes" aren't fixing, I basically begged for a replacement and it took me over 2 hours that last time just for them to agree to it... Mislead on payments. We were getting new phones and I couldn't find how to get the phones like they use to have. Free for a cheapo old phone with 2 years. $50 for a older, but not very old phone with 2 years. And the $100 for the newer phone and 2 years. Dude on the phone told me he can hook me up with that. So we paid $50 for each phone, or so we thought, and next thing we know, we're being billed for them monthly as well. Might have been a misunderstanding, but not the rest... They might have a lot of towers, but they're a awful company. My wife and I hate Verizon. They truly make us sick.

Original review: April 21, 2018

Let me start off by saying I am union truck driver. That being said, I travel throughout the Midwest region of United States 6 days per week. I run a unlimited data plan with whomever I run with. I'm a new Verizon customer, and I have to say that I am not thrilled. I was with T-Mobile before and I listen to a lot of media, while over the road. Verizon might be nice while you stay in the same area code, but traveling throughout states that they (say) cover, isn't exactly the case. I own a Galaxy S7 unlocked with Verizon at the moment.

Listening to tunes via Google music gets cut out repeatedly on average about 15 times per mile, I do 600 miles per shift - do the math. I pay $80 per month for the unlimited plan. I have to say, I will not be staying with Verizon, this carrier is price gouging for something that is not real. Before you Verizon ** mail me, understand that it is in my union contract - any person in my face, telling lies, or just being a dumbass, or trying to make me look like a dumbass will get a severe kick to the junk... Verizon sucks ass, want to waste your money? Buy Verizon.

Get expert buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 21, 2018

Today I had one of the worst customer phone service experiences I have had. Verizon’s phone customer service representative was rude, rose her voice at me, basically told me I was a liar even though it turned out I was not. Their website had an error on my bill. It looked like I had double paid on a iPad over $600 but it was an alternative upgrade for my cellphone that was being paid on the iPad line. It was confusion because it looked like I was double paying for an IPad that had already been paid off. When I tried to explain to her that I had bought the iPad 4 years ago, she kept correcting me, telling me that no, I had bought it two years ago. I became frustrated because this was obviously not the case.

Finally, she pulled up the service agreement after I repeatedly tried to explain to her that this couldn’t be the case, with her raising her voice at me like I was a child. When she looked at the agreement, she saw that two years ago, when I had upgraded my phone, it has been placed on that line. This discovery made her smug, as if the explanation made up for all the confusion I was having. This explanation made me even more frustrated. I spoke to a supervisor. All he did was listen and apologize, but without empathy and it felt hollow given the way I was treated.

I have been with the company for 17 years, since I first got a cellphone in high school. I added my family to it, my husband when we got married. To be treated like this has affected my day and made me feel I should cancel my contract despite my customer loyalty. Customer loyalty should mean something, when you start with one person and now have 6 people on the plan plus tablets. How can you run a business when you drive people like me away?

Original review: April 20, 2018

I am not one to write reviews on products but this whole experience put a bad taste in my mouth! I recently signed up with Verizon and got removed from my parents plan. I was told I was getting 5GB data and unlimited talk and text for $40 in addition to my $29 phone payment (which I was originally was told would stay $20 as the payment was on my parents because I turned in MY old android and got credit. I guess they just pocket that extra amount my phone was worth) So, I was told my phone bill would be around $69. I recently had ankle surgery and can only work part time right now which means funds are a little tighter than usual, so I signed up for the plan according to my finances. Turns out they don’t tell you that you also pay $20 more just to connect to the data you’re ALREADY paying for in the first place! Rather than saying $60 for the plan they don’t disclose the extra $20 so it seems like you’re getting a deal!

So now I have a plan that would come to just under $90. Luckily I did paperless billing and auto pay to get $5 off! However, I would have definitely preferred the amount I was told I was signing up for! NEXT they told me I wouldn’t get my first bill until the beginning of June...turns out that’s not true, the bill from March to April 17 got put on MY bill to be due in April. I signed up for my plan on the 18th. I specifically verified the cost of my plan and when payments would be due with the woman on the phone as well as the workers in the Temecula, CA store! This company is expensive and they don’t disclose the correct information or fail to mention certain costs! Unfortunately I have a contract with these clowns but once this plan is up and my phones been paid off, I’m switching to something else. Also, they claim to have the best service for phone reception, you can barely see a difference and it’s not worth the money. Look elsewhere!

Original review: April 13, 2018

Dropped my phone just right (has a case) and broke it. Went to Verizon and with insurance replacement phone $159. This was for a droid. Then tried to get my service switched to a flip top phone until my replacement arrived. Spent more than 3 hours, both in store and on landline trying to get phone service switched from broken phone to flip top without success. They just kept transferring me to another tier. Used to be a great company, but lacking in every way more and more. Terrible wireless in north Florida.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Verizon Home Phone Service?

Original review: April 12, 2018

I was told several months ago great news we now have rollover data. I guess they want to keep up with the competitors. I complained a few times after the first 2-3 months and the rollover I estimated with my regular data didn’t add up. Now I checked again and come to find out the rollover data doesn’t get used until you use your data. If that is the case you won’t have rollover data cause they advised it expires every 30 days. Tell me where is my rollover data??? Still not resolved!! I have a 2nd complaint with this company and will submit a 2nd review. Stay tuned.

Original review: April 11, 2018

Verizon is always happy to collect your payment, but when you see an obvious mistake and overcharge they are very slow at reimburse. We were being charged for 6 phone lines but only had 5 phones on our plan. No data was recorded on the extra phone. They were willing to cancel the line, but didn't want to reimburse for the charges. I was on the phone for over an hour before the first representative would transform me to a manager. On the phone for another 2 hr with the second person. Told me they could only go back 3 months, for a credit. I was not happy.

They finally reimbursed me for the full amount after going back and forth for over 3 hours. Went to the Verizon site to file a complaint. When I put in "bad customer service", the computer would say, "Could you rephrase that. We don't understand." They are willing to steal from their customers. Warning. CHECK YOUR BILL EVERY MONTH. They will do everything they can to keep your money and not give it back. This happened April 10, 2018.

Original review: April 10, 2018

I hate Verizon!!! I have not had their company in 8 years and they still have an old bill on my credit report dating from 4 years ago!!! And it is still messing with my credit!!! Trying to get them to do anything is like teaching a wall to roll over. Worst customer service and they don't give 2 hoots how many people they screw over in the process!!! Jerks! Go down like Enron!!

Original review: April 9, 2018

At a Verizon store in December 2017 I purchased a tablet and requested wireless internet service for the tablet and my cell phone. After taking the tablet home, the signal did not perform well. I returned the tablet within a few days and within the store's timeframe for a refund and cancellation of the wifi service to the tablet. I kept Verizon's wireless service for my phone. In each subsequent month, January, February, March and April. Verizon continued to bill me for service to two devices.

Each time I received the bill, I called their contract call center to inform them of the error and the representative was contrite and said the problem was fixed and the bill corrected. But this routine of getting an erroneous bill, calling a call center rep, and asking for a correction repeats every month. I suspect Verizon wants to maintain my extra account on their books since four straight months of errors seems more intentional than a manual error. Was wondering if anyone else had a similar experience. After cancelling service today I received a new bill -- for both devices again.

Original review: April 9, 2018

On April 6, 2018 I noticed 3 pending debits on my checking account for $186.40 each from Verizon wireless totaling $560.40. I have no accounts or business with Verizon wireless and have never done any business with them. I disputed the charges at the bank and they said when the money was debited they would refund it pending a resolution to my dispute. The money was actually debited today April 7, 2018 which caused an overdraft on our account. The bank said they have 10 days to refund the disputed amount pending a resolution. Meanwhile any further debits by us from this account will cause additional overdraft situations.

I called Verizon on April 6, 2018 and spoke with an agent. She documented the unauthorized charges and gave me a ticket number. She said I would be hearing from them. My wife and I live on a fixed SSI income and cannot afford a $560.40 debit from our account. To date there have been over $200.00 in overdraft charges to our account and many more are to come as our next income won't be deposited in our account until April 18, 2018, I can't seem to find an anti-virus software that will protect me from Verizon wireless bank fraud.

Original review: April 8, 2018

Wow. If you have another choice with a different carrier, use them instead!!! As Verizon gets more and more market share, their customer service gets worse and worse. They sold me a device that didn't work, never worked (a tablet, gizmo something). In short, don't use Verizon!

Original review: April 8, 2018

Verizon customer for over 15 years. With 5 phones (family). Had set up an autopay option on Verizon Wireless website, while logged in to my Verizon Wireless account. It worked, until it stopped. Autopay was set up for March 10, 2018. Since nothing was deducted from my checking account, I called 611 and asked. I was told there was probably a glitch in the system, and advised to make an online payment, through my online account. I did. The next day, 3.14.18 I received 2 emails from Verizon, confirming my payment. I checked my checking account and indeed, the amount due ($240.38) was deducted 2x. I called 611 and I did an online chat from that day on several times.

Most of the customer service representatives assured me all was fine, and the refund was on its way. I believed them, but no refund was coming, so I called and had online chats with more Verizon representatives: 3.20.18 with Charlie, who advised I call the accounting department directly, not the 611 number, the next day I received an email from Verizon that he issue is being investigated. Then on 3.27.18 (two weeks after I made a mistake and overpaid Verizon!) I received another email from Verizon, telling me that my account is past due and I must pay immediately.

So I went ahead and contacted an online Verizon representative, Alex, who said that the refund of $240.38 had been posted back to my checking account, therefore my account is now past due. Frustrated I explain the whole overpayment situation but I am not sure he understood. On 3.28.18 the money had been refunded to my checking account, but that still should not make my Verizon account past due.

Next email from Verizon arrived on 4.2.18, telling me again my account was past due and to pay immediately! I reached out to Verizon Wireless Chat Team and chatted with Taylor. Had to go through the whole history again to get to the point that - yes, indeed, I paid my March bill and since the next bill is due April 10, I do not owe anything. Taylor assured me that “the issue now has been escalated to our financial services team and we guarantee you that the information showing on your end will be updated within 24 to 48 hours. For your peace of mind I will give you a reference number: **”...

Well, after this I was hopeful. But not for long. Today, Saturday, 4.7.18 while on a hike in Griffith Park, I received a call from Verizon telling me again, my account is past due and to pay immediately. I wanted to scream, did not want to go over the entire history of this nightmare again. I just told the lady she was wrong, I am not paying today anything, because I am not behind, I will pay when the next bill is due.

But in the afternoon, the same day, I decided I need to send a complaint to Verizon and tell them what an awful company they are; I logged into my Verizon Wireless account, by the way, still proudly exclaiming my account is past due, even though I checked the payment history, and I cannot find out how they arrived to that conclusion. It clearly is NOT past due. But whatever.

Called the accounting department number and when a live person came online I asked for an address where to send a complaint letter, Angela, that was the name she gave me, did not really want to give the address, she would try to resolve the problem. Giving the history of this problem, I was done trying to reason with voice on the other side, or with a computer keyboard. I did not want to explain for the 50th time what happened and how every single one of Angela’s coworkers patiently heard the story, did not believe the story, then checked the facts and agreed with me and promised to fix it.

Angela did not like my frustration and did not give me any address, but simply said she would transfer me and put me on hold. And I held - for 34 minutes. Until finally Kindi came online and she gave me the address, and I will send my complaint letter to that address. But Kindi insisted she wanted to help. So I calmly explained the problem, she put me on hold, saying she needs to talk to supervisor, then came back and said not to worry, ignore the emails, phone calls. Well yes, I wasted hours in this past month to try to reason, explain and get a resolution. I am NOT happy with service I got. Just today I spent 52 minutes on the phone with Verizon. Today I only wanted the address. But still. I am determined to go find a different company, but I am afraid, they are all the same. Big corporations, same service, same everything.

Original review: April 7, 2018

I bought 2 LG phones from Verizon a couple of years ago. One failed after 13 months and other one went out yesterday. In both cases I took the phone back to Verizon. In both cases they told me the phones were out of warranty, did not qualify for the exchange program because they don't work, needed to be replaced and they sold me new phones. I investigated today and found that both phones are covered under the extended warranty offered by LG. It's hard to believe that the dealer was not aware of this since they sell the phones. Either Verizon did not pass the information to the dealers intentionally or the dealers are misinforming the customer so they can sell new equipment.

Original review: April 7, 2018

One day our cable box stopped working, it was receiving power but the light would not turn on. We have had the box for less than a year and we got it cause it was said to be better than the previous. Our previous one occasionally broke down but not very much. This one breaks, lags and slows constantly. Well once we noticed it was not working and our normal procedures to fix it didn't work we decided to call them. Verizon #1 in customer service does not deserve that title. They probably paid off people to get the title. We are betting that the box is failing because they PROBABLY did a software update and it caused our box to malfunction. Well we have been waiting here on hold for over an hour and have been listening to these terrible royalty free music songs. These songs will cause you to go mentally insane. DO NOT RECOMMEND.

Original review: April 6, 2018

I had a issue with one of Verizon Franchise Stores refusing to sell me a new Apple because I decide to have Customer service fix my old phone and they said that I am probably going to return the new one once the old one comes in and it cost them more than $35.00 restocking fee from Verizon Cooperative. So Verizon said they're going to Upgrade me to a Apple 6 but really I was more inconvenience because my Apple 5 had a LifeProof case and they informed me they are unable to get me a case because older model and told me to shop at Amazon. Really sad. I feel they should of not sent me phone that I am unable to get accessories I needed. I did my own research and contacted LIFEPROOF and they are sending me case no charge and overnight delivery. Maybe Verizon needs to contact them and get stock for phones they send out.

Original review: April 6, 2018

My family has been with Verizon our whole lives, as I’ve grown up I’ve even decided to stay with them because we have never had any issues, yet we also aren’t the type of people to have issues, we try and take care of things by ourselves. About a year ago I bought an iPad from Verizon. I bought it through them because they gave me a $100 discount where I was buying from them and with data. I was although on a 24 month contract and was notified that if I canceled early I would have to pay back the discount, $100. I figured that was fair and was perfectly fine with it. Well today I called looking into canceling data since I don’t use my iPad and someone asked to buy it. I figured it would still be $100 fee or even less since I have paid the extra $10 a month for a year now to have data on it. Well I was informed that the prices change as of January 26th and it would now be $145.

I was very frustrated that I was then under the belief that the price has gone up almost $50. Then after all of my frustration I read the terms and conditions of Verizon which are listed on their website. This says that the changes I was told took place as of January 26th this year took place November of 2014. Now I’m not as much disappointed in the termination fee, because apparently that’s in the website's terms and conditions, as I am in their customer service. I have been told 3 different pieces of information all from Verizon employees. One from the Verizon store I bought my iPad from, one from their customer service rep, and one from their website. Then on top of this today, as I was calling Verizon, I started by calling the local Verizon store who after talking to for a couple minutes asked for my PIN. I didn’t have it so I told them I’d find it and call them back.

After I found my PIN I called back and asked the same question, immediately I was told they aren’t allowed to talk about cancelation fees over the phone and I’d have to call customer service or come in. I was confused because two minutes earlier I was talking to a rep, at the same store, and there was nothing wrong, now I have to call customer service. This didn’t bother me too much but it’s another example of poor customer service. It seems as if no one is in the same page and no one knows what Verizon’s actual fees, terms, conditions, and policies are as I have yet to have one set of Verizon reps give me the same information, even when they are from the same store. I would never recommend Verizon if consistency, and customer service is important to you. They don’t even have an email to email them this stuff directly, that’s why I’ve resorted to posting a review in this site, because they don’t have a place for me to send my concerns.

Original review: April 4, 2018

I called 3 times this morning. The last call ended at 9:30 to 9:31 a.m. April 4, 2018. I got the feeling the 1st agent was a bit rude, and definitely not helpful. I called the 2nd time and that agent hung up on me! And I was not even being rude! The 3rd agent Nasheika (not sure how she spells it) was very polite and respectful, also very helpful. She was the one who kept me calm because I swear I was getting real angry after he hung up on me! If that person did not have so much respect and was polite I don't think I would have been calm. Mind you I am a prepaid customer who they took off my $20 for no reason. I was waiting to call them all night and also had to wait for so long to reach their phone tree because of the runaround from the computer. In the end I got through though. Thanks be to God!

Original review: April 3, 2018

Do not go with Verizon. Do not owe them. Tried to contact corporate and Lowell CEO and they said if I contact them again about my bill they will get legal attorneys against me! Way to go Verizon. Put me in collections and do not let anyone talk to Lowell to get help! Do not go with Verizon!!!

Original review: April 2, 2018

These new rewards are a joke. I’ve tried 4 of them and you can’t get a single one. Tried the acorns reward, the stockpile rewards, magazine reward... none of them work. Both the investments ones say code already used or you have to apply it before you register??? The magazine reward never loads. Go back to the auction format cuz this is awful. Just another way Verizon rips you off.

Original review: April 1, 2018

I have been with Verizon for 13 years. This week I took my line off of my parents phone (which I paid $75 a month for with roll over data and unlimited talk and text). The woman told me it would be $34 for my phone and $40 for the plan itself with 5 gigs of data and unlimited talk and text and these gigs do not roll over (I use about 2 a month on average). I receive my first bill and it is $97!!! I confirmed with her several times my bill would be $74. She never mentioned a $20 smartphone fee. Why am I paying that when I pay $34 for my phone!? I call in and the only resolution the guy has is he will remove the $20 one time. I dont think so. They just lost a long time customer. I didn't agree to this and if they aren't going to make it right I'll happily go elsewhere.

Original review: April 1, 2018

So frustrated and disappointed with Verizon. I have been paying for a protection plan since I've been a Verizon customer, over 15 years, and may have filed two claims, none in the past 4 years. I called back in February to report my phone has been having a lot of pop ups, running slow, shutting down while in a call and freezing up.

The tech removed some apps from my phone, via remote access, and said that should take care of it. This was a 2 to 2 1/2 hour troubleshooting phone call. Fast forward, none of the issues I was experiencing stopped. Here it is a little over a month later and I have not downloaded anything new, but the issue still, even worst. It's not so much the pop ups, it's the freezing and not allowing me to make a call or the shutting down while I'm on a call or placing a call. Soooo... when I called back, I was given the runaround. Spoke to 3 different techs, one that was very rude, "Rangel", and a supervisor, I think name Chase... these guys do a very good job at "FINDING A WAY NOT" to help Verizon customers... My phone is not physically damaged in anyway and it's completely paid for.

How many times do you troubleshoot something without finding the answer before you actually just replace the freaking phone! This morning I spent over 4 hours troubleshooting. Then he tells me he needed to reset my phone "factory reset". I would lose a lot of things, but they would back up what they could. NOT... I am not spending another hour of this foolishness and of my day because your protection plan is really for Verizon and Not for the customer!

Original review: March 31, 2018

Received monthly bill on a Friday with a due date on Tuesday 5 days later. I called customer service on Friday, upon receipt of the bill. I was informed that they could not help because it was in my wife's name even though she was at work and unable to make the call. She called later but could not get through. We paid the bill on Monday via USPS. Received next bill with a 5.00 late fee. We called and the fee was removed. I believe that this is a federally regulated and is a crime... but not entirely sure. This is, of course, would fall under a violation of fair trade practice, in my opinion.

Original review: March 30, 2018

Verizon Wireless is horrible. The customer service is absolutely terrible and no one can ever give you a straight answer on anything, over the phone they lie a lot, and are also rude and condescending. Their billing is mostly always wrong, to benefit themselves of course and there has not been ONE SINGLE TIME when I didn't have to check their billing and call them to get it fixed in over 6 months! If you are not checking their billing, you are getting robbed. Stay away from this company as they pick and chose who the extort for money. If anyone is considering using Verizon, please don't make the same mistake I did, use another company.

Original review: March 29, 2018

After being a Verizon Wireless customer for over 10 years, I decided to switch to GoogleFI, keeping the same number. Given that this was a money-saving endeavor, I wanted to be absolutely certain I wouldn't incur any early termination fees (ETFs). I waited until my last billing month and canceled on February 15, 2018, with my contract end date being March 9, 2018. From switching past Verizon services, like FIOS, my understanding was that ETFs are prorated and reach $0 during the final month of your contract. I paid my last month of service in February and was shocked to receive a "PAST DUE" notice on March 29, 2018 for $91.65 -- $15 higher than my normal monthly bill AND this was the first notice! What was happening?

Optimistically, I called customer service and they explained that unless I canceled on the EXACT date of March 9th, I would still owe $80 in termination fees plus their insane taxes. After some discussion, the agent, Amy, agreed to reduce it by $40.00, or offered to escalate the issue. I decided to escalate and was put in touch with Janet, who after asking tons of questions about my new plan, ultimately agreed she couldn't give me anything comparable in price to come back to Verizon (big surprise).

She also said she couldn't do anything better than the $40.00 price reduction. I told her I was disappointed, and she curtly informed me that she didn't have to do anything at all for me and they were "going out on a limb," for me, then vaguely threatened to pull back the offer. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I had to pay over $50 for a fake termination fee, which, P.S. is $16.00 MORE than my new monthly payment at GoogleFI. Please, learn from my mistake and take your money elsewhere, customers!

Original review: March 29, 2018

I received a phone call the first week of March from my Verizon store stating they had new office, and I am eligible for a phone upgrade and a free tablet. I was the victim of the iPhone battery slowdown, so rather than keep my iPhone I went to Verizon. They sold me a Galaxy S8 which was okay for me. I asked about the free tablet and they got it out and showed it to me. They also said my iPhone was worth 200.00 trade in. NEVER ONCE DID THEY MENTION TO ME THERE ARE STRINGS ATTACHED. The salesman told me he would work out the billing and I would see it on my next bill. They took my 2G plan, and upgraded it without my knowledge to 8 gigabyte, and my 61.00 bill went to 200!

They also had a new line added to the tablet, which I said I don't need. I told them I will be using it on wireless. Again, NOT ONE MENTION OF HAVING THIS LINE to get the free tablet. I called customer support and after 35 minutes we worked this out. But, they screwed me out my iPhone and gave me a bunch of crap I don't need, they forged my signature (I can prove this) on the documents for a plan, and now I have to take the tablet back plus pay the difference in plan charges. I have seen complaint after complaint now that I look into this. Luckily my new phone, I believe, will work on T-Mobile and once the new billing gets resolved I am ditching Verizon. If you are told something is free, it is free. They lied to get me into the store. It's on Junction Boulevard at 37th Ave in Jackson Heights, NY. Avoid this store. They will rip you off.

Original review: March 28, 2018

I was a loyal customer for years. I decided to with a more affordable service. I went to a Verizon store and was told that I owed money on a lease. I satisfied the total amount that was due at the time. I was instructed that I would owe exactly $223.38 and that my final bill would be mailed to me. Several months later I received a bill for $439. I made multiple calls to Verizon to inquire to why my bill was so high. Multiple customer service reps told me they would follow up but never did. Now they have me in collections and refuse to resolve the matter satisfactorily. I will never do business with Verizon again. I advise everyone to stay away from this company. Worst customer service experience ever.

Original review: March 27, 2018

I signed a new 2 year contract with Verizon with a $30 discount for the first 12 months - total came to $166.21 - I received a summary stating the monthly total & showing the $30 per month discount for 12 months. My first bill was for the correct amount. Subsequent bill was for $30 + tax more (total of $238.27). I spent 2.5 hours on the phone (including hold time & being disconnected/having to call again) with 4 different people. In the end I was assured that I was correct & that I should pay only the $166.21 & that the representative would get back to me within 10 days to let me know that the bill had been revised back to $166.21. I never received a call back & my next bill arrived yesterday with a total of $238.27. I immediately called - spent another 45 minutes on the phone & was told that my $30 credit had expired - it was only good for 1 month (wrong & not what it says on the summary Verizon sent me when I signed up). I was scammed by Verizon.

Original review: March 27, 2018

ATTENTION VZW CUSTOMERS. One thing I have observed in the almost 30 yrs I have been with VZW. You must go to a certified Verizon store, (not sure what they call it). There are 2 kinds an independently owned store and Verizon stores. The independently owned stores are, from my experience, total crap. They will charge you for a SIM card, which should free. They can never help you with your bill. They will lie to you, and their business tactics are COMPLETELY unscrupulous. Do not use this business, you might have to call VZW or do some other research, to find out which stores are which.

In Chattanooga we have 2 "real" stores and I don't know how many "Fake" ones. The "real" tend to be around malls, the fakes more in the suburban areas. THERE IS A DIFFERENCE, huge difference! I can't understand why Verizon allows this, maybe they don't know how bad the "other" stores are, whatever, my advice steer clear of these independently owned stores.

Original review: March 26, 2018

I signed up after a guy came to my door promising amazing service. I signed up with them with a trial 30 day. After installation WiFi wasn’t working. When I called them they said WiFi may not be going through my walls. Decided to terminate 15 days after signing on... Verizon billed me $255 dollars. Every time I called to discuss takes an hour to get through to someone. But they told me too bad, you signed on... This company has the poorest customer service I’ve ever seen and the hidden fees are disgusting. I am so disgusted with them.

Original review: March 25, 2018

I wouldn't give 5 stars to any wireless service since they all treat customers with relative disinterest, pouring all of their "caring" into new customers. What do wireless marketing people think when they offer low rates to people who aren't their customers while their customers watch the newbies get the goodies while they get "Throttled" and pay more for the privilege?

I'm sitting here watching my latest Facebook video get throttled, loading quickly for the first 50 to 100 MB then slow to 1/10 that speed and creep to the actual file size. So a 333MB file takes 15 mins to upload on an advertised 100Mbps connection? Somehow my math disputes the speed of Verizon's service (333,000,000 / 900 sec = 370KBps or (370KBps x 8 bits = 2.96Mbps), am I right? Now you know why Net Neutrality rules are important since Neutrality rules means "NO THROTTLING"! And of course the GOP controlled government, like the way they screwed DACA, the lower 95% on tax cuts, have screwed users by rescinded Net Neutrality! How much did you give Verizon in campaign dollars this last year? Oh I know CONTRIBUTIONS. $1,426,868 ranks 77 of 14,844 donors. LOBBYING, $12,230,000 (2017).

Verizon Home Phone Service expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Verizon Wireless is a subsidiary of Verizon Communications, which formed in 2000 when Bell Atlantic and GTE merged. Verizon Communications is a publically-traded company with headquarters in Basking Ridge, N.J. It offers cellular phone service through contract plans and unlimited prepaid plans for smartphones and basic phones.

• Features: Verizon’s prepaid plans come with many free features, including caller ID, call waiting, call forward, data alerts and three-way calling. Compatible phones also include voice mail, visual voicemail and mobile hotspot connectivity for free.

• Switch to monthly: Customers can use any phone purchased from Verizon for a prepaid plan if they decide to sign up for a monthly plan. This feature may appeal to those who need temporary service and may wish to return to a monthly, contract plan in the future.

• Canada and Mexico: All of Verizon’s prepaid plans for smartphones include unlimited text messages to mobile phones in Mexico and Canada. Customers can choose to add on minutes to place voice calls to Mexico and Canada or place international calls with a per-minute surcharge.

• Payment options: Customers can pay for service online or from their phone. They can also set up autopay so that their phones remain active. Although customers cannot simply make a payment in a Verizon store, they can purchase a refill card from a Verizon store and use that to refill their phone online.

• Next-day shipping: Customers who order a phone from Verizon to use with a prepaid plan receive free next-day shipping.

• Best for: Verizon is best for temporary users, business owners and budget-conscious customers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs