Verizon Wireless

Compare Cell Phone Providers

Research top Cell Phone Providers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Beginning in 11/2016, I started having issues with my services, and calls being dropped in the middle of driving, standing in the same spot, etc. I first attempted to contact Verizon about the issue on Thanksgiving, and was prompted that they were closed due to the Thanksgiving holiday. I called back the very next day, and spoke with someone in Tech Support, who attempted to fix the issue by having me change settings, reset my phone, etc. with no luck. He then stated that he would send a tech out to the area to test the signal. No feedback.

I called back about 2 weeks later after having more issues, and was advised that the issue was being sent to tier 2, and they would be in touch. Soon after, I received a message stating the results of the testing, and it was found that service was less than optimal in my area. I contacted customer service to see how to proceed, and was advised that I could change service with no ETF as long as I returned the phones to a Verizon Wireless Corporate Store. I changed services on 12/16, and returned the phones to Verizon on 12/17.

About a month later, I began receiving bills from Verizon, where I was being charged $1400+ for ETF's for each phone and a iPad. I did not think anything of it, because I was advised by the rep that it could take a few weeks for the account to be adjusted. I finally called after a few more weeks when the bill hadn't changed. I spoke with a rep who stated that the phones had not been returned, and I needed to contact the store. I did as advised, and was told by rep that he found the issue, and would have it corrected ASAP.

2 weeks later, called to follow up, and miraculously, the store had no recollection of the phones ever being returned. I was basically called a liar, told that the only way they could adjust the account was if I "found the phones." I contacted the BBB, and was contacted several days later on 02/13/2017 by a rep from Executive Relations, who advised me that she would "credit" the account for my troubles, and she would send a response to BBB with the outcome, and generate a final bill since I switched in the middle of the billing cycle. I knew that the bill would be roughly $150-$200, so I waited for the bill. Never received it.

On 03/07/17, I received a call from a collections agency on behalf of Verizon. On 03/09/17, I received correspondence from the same company. I filed another complaint with BBB, and sent an email to the same representative with executive relations. I was then contacted by the rep, who stated that the final bill was generated on 02/18/17, and since there was no payment (within 2 weeks) the account was placed in collections status. I was advised that it was sent to collections because it was the left over balance, and I was responsible since the bill was generated. The only way for the account to be taken out of collections was for me to pay it. I have had nothing but trouble since I switched from Verizon Wireless, and I have been made out to be a "liar," and an account was sent to collections, with no final notice or bill from the company. I will NEVER switch back, nor do any future business with this company.

Verizon Wireless are a bunch of thieves. I just finished paying 604.00. Because they are expensive. I switch carriers in order to save over $100.00 each month. I was aware that I had to pay for the phones which I plan to pay. After paying over $600. Verizon Wireless had the nerve to call me up and say that. I owe over $900.00. Cancellation fee and telephone runs about 580. This company should be investigated I have paid every month. I DID AGREE TO PAY THE $580.00. I have been a member of Verizon wireless for 15 years. They are horrible with the customers!!!

Are you ready for this? I called Verizon to setup their Verizon Fios internet, about 3 months ago. After a VERY exasperatingly long and painful 2 hour conversation with one of their many representatives who speak little to no English, and with the help of my fiancee who had to step in when I got frustrated repeating myself 20 times per sentence... We got set up for Verizon Fios and had a customer install date 3 days later. Well, the technician never comes. Which barely surprised me, being the terrible experience I'd had with them 3 years prior at another location. Anyway, I call back up a week later and I am told that they don't service my area... So I had a hard credit pull on my perfect credit score, for something that I was told was available and is in fact, not. That's great. But it gets worse!

Two or three weeks later, I get a call from an automated system giving me a "friendly reminder" to check my account. So I call up, they can't find my account under my name, phone number, social, or address. They say it could've been a mistake. One week later, same thing. I check again, same scenario. So this proceeds on for a month or two until finally I receive two bills dated within 4 days of each other. One for $78, the other for $184. The $184 is a termination notice, which is great because I don't even have their service and haven't for several years. But, now that I have these documents, I finally have an account number they can pull up! So, I call up Verizon, get another Middle Easterner who can understand me just about as poorly as I can understand him. It's worth noting, that it actually took me an hour to get on the line with him, because a call was dropped from both my phone, and my fiancee's phone after 20 minutes of holding for each of us.

This guy cannot seem to figure out anything I'm trying to relay to him despite me doing a damn good job of maintaining my patience. Finally, I feel myself starting to snap, and I know how quickly these customer service reps will shut down on you once that happens, so I ask if he'll talk to my fiancee, who may I note is a certified therapist. One hour later, she's as frustrated as I am. And then finally, after resolving NOTHING, he says he'll call us back in 40 minutes, refused to let us stay on the line. And surprise, surprise, Joshua never calls us back. So now I'll start this whole process again. How horrible an experience this has been.

These idiots are awful! We went in earlier to get a HTC Desire, ended up taking 6+ hours across Target, our town, and Greeley, and it ended with this - "Can't buy it." First off, their "No Hidden Fees" in their ads aren't true. Fees for upgrading in-store, fees for pretty much everything we try to do. Idiotic! Next, their service was very awful. They pushed us around for 20 minutes to another store and then these idiotic jerks had us wait 2+ hours, then 30 minutes of "setup" which included wiping our old phone, and then the stupid fees came in, which would have set us $75 in the hole.

And, their managers were anything but helpful. They made the stupidest arguments and questions to just pester us and they never actually helped us or told us about the fees and other things. Don't go here. These blood-sucking, evil jerks will just wipe out your money and time, and not care about it. If you want agonizing hours of wait time, idiotic "helpers," and then get bombarded by hidden fees from every corner, while getting not-so-good coverage, this is the company to go to!

Recently purchased new phone at Verizon and told salesperson I needed phone with international calling ability and needed international calling plan for Southeast Asia. He guaranteed me my phone had both after he completed programming. I specifically asked him if I would be able to call home when I arrived in DaNang. He stated yes. I even check on-line with Verizon International Service and again was guaranteed I would be able to call home upon arrival in DaNang. Guess what. I have been able to call home IF I USE THE HOTEL PHONE. Oh, my VERIZON phone--NO SERVICE AVAILABLE. Can you hear that?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Verizon Home Phone Service?

Three times I have contacted Verizon regarding 2 iphones that I purchased in December. I was told the charge would be $10/$15 month for the phones. My bill shows the cost is $27.08/$31.24 per month x 24 months! So instead of being charged $240/$360 I am being charged $650/$750 for the 2 phones. That's a huge difference. I have tried unsuccessfully to have my bill fixed 3 times with Verizon employees. The phones were sold to me by Mariana ** in Santa Cruz, CA. Not to mention my time I've spent trying to resolve this issue!

March 15 the MOST absurd business fiasco I have EVER encountered! Please join me for the history and unbelievable journey that MILLIONS of subscribers MUST read! HANG ON!!! Had financial discussion AND resolution with Verizon Jan 25? New bill understanding? The 3rd of each month was agreed for payment beginning Feb 3rd... because my retirement bank deposit is the 1st of each month, and NOT to forget my Verizon agreement, payment was made FEB 1ST... 2-5 days later my service was STOPPED! I was able to phone directly to Verizon Financial Center. After all explanation and LAUGHTER from Verizon representative subsided, my service was quickly restored.

Fast forward to March 14... My fiancee in another country was VERY sick! I tried several days prior to call, always interrupted by standard message saying my call could not be completed. Not understanding, I began a 4 hr journey thru communication HELL! After several layers of NONSENSE, what was discovered? I found I had NOT followed the agreement with representative in late Jan. I agreed to make payments every 3rd of month and SINCE my payment was 48 hrs EARLY... again... EARLY, and NOT adhering to original agreement, my overseas PLAN had been suspended for 90 DAYS! After 4 hrs of TOTAL NONSENSE and FRUSTRATION, they presented 2 option. #1 Ask someone to use THEIR phone! #2 Rent their SPECIAL daily program and everything would be resolved!

This is my strange, but TRUE "FOGGED" fiasco journey thru the NIGHTMARE. Twilight Zone of business HELL! The # 2 COMMUNICATION company (ha ha) WORLDWIDE had certainly sent a VERY STRONG message... much safer to ALWAYS be LATE! NEVER, NEVER EARLY! Subscribers BEWARE! Sincerely WITHOUT LAUGHTER! PLEASE let me show this "journey" again to any USA Today representative. UNBELIEVABLE!!

Issues with iphone on month 11: Sudden disappearance of all my contacts, signing into email became impossible, audible books would randomly switch to pandora (often), it started overheating and shutting down (INSIDE cool house). Because I was within my warranty period, I was told that I could return it for another phone (of the same model). I went through about 10 steps, talked to about 6 people, spent a few hours on the phone... Got to the last step and I told them there was a crack on the screen. The crack was minimal and had been there for 6 months.

My options were to FIX, the non-working phone ($90) and return it for a new one OR pay $199 for the deductible, since it was blemished. Umm - WHO pays for all the trouble I have gone through, dealing with a phone that has obvious software issues??? Who pays for the trouble I have gone through trying to recover my contacts? WHO gives me that time back? Isn't this phone worth $800??? Shouldn't it WORK?? NOT satisfied with my options. NOT satisfied with Verizon customer care. Not in the mood to throw MORE money at them.

I have been with Verizon for several years now. Over the years I have used their service, they have purposely discontinued my discounts. This time I just bought two new phones, my bill was 163 per month with tax. Now they told me my bill would be 200 for 90 days while I pay off the double charge for getting new phones and I would receive a credit later in about 4 months. I was promised the bill would be 170 per month after this promo upcharge period was over. The first bill was 200, now I received the second bill, 351 for one month. Now for the remaining on my two year contract they insist I pay 230 per month for two phones. I bought the phones at 50% off and am also having to pay 1,440 for two phones that cost 720 together.

They will not honor a single thing that I signed up for! I was told my bill is 180 and "if you go home and do autopay you will receive 10 dollars off," sounds great right. Until you find out you have been upsold and upcharged by 70 dollars to receive a 10 discount. I would like to send everything back and switch to T-Mobile but now I am stuck. Does anyone have any ideas on how to close my account out? I am paying over 3,000 dollars a year for two phones, this is ridiculous since the phones were 50% off, so the bill per month for two phones is 26 dollars then outrageous charges to cover giving a discount. I would like to toss Verizon in the trash for misrepresentation on my plan, I have the new unlimited data and was told I was getting a discount on my data, but they tossed my grandfathered deal on data in the trash as soon as I switched to the autopay so they can drain my bank account, I am very unpleased to say the least.

You can literally spend hours on hold. When you ask who you are speaking to they will make up names. They always say they are a manager. The switch program was horrible. It is not easy. Their service drops calls all the time. The absolute worse company I have ever had to deal with. Will be leaving them as soon as my contract expires.

I signed a 2 year contract with Verizon on Dec. 18, 2014. My monthly payments were around $40 per month. In February of 2015, I was hit with a huge monthly increase and I called Verizon to see if I could get the payment back to $40 per month as I hardly used any data on my phone. They were able to do this and I was a happy Verizon customer. In January of this year, I switched my plan to a prepaid service after I believed my contract with Verizon ended in Dec. of 2016. To my surprise I am being charged an early termination fee of $150 because they claim I broke my contract early because it did not expire until Feb. of 2017.

Apparently when I called them back in Feb 2016, they extended my contract by one year without informing me. I have spoken to a Verizon representative and they found nothing that proves that they informed me of a 1 year extension to my contract, yet they will not drop the $150 fee. I am refusing to pay it as I believe this is crooked.

On our bill a "hook up fee" continually kept on being charged. After long times each month I finally would get the previous month fixed to see it come along again this month. To get hold of someone is a joke. We would contact someone and they would tell us that we needed to contact another number. I've given up with Verizon. We stopped our service with them. I was attempting to contact someone to offer to pay the balance of a phone that we had purchased. We were told they couldn't find our account number or the phone number that our phone was using when it was in effect. How do you pay off a balance if you can't even reach anybody? I give up on this and would assume they don't want the phone or money. Service of Verizon: What a joke.

Back in October of 2016 Verizon offered a Pay-to-Switch promotion in which they agreed to pay any fees up to $600 associated with transferring our service from AT&T to theirs. In our case it was $550 of which we have received none (it has been 5 months). All the appropriate paperwork has been submitted on our behalf and in that 5 months we have contacted Verizon no less than 6 times, each time taking over an hour speaking to various representatives and being told numerous, inconsistent answers as to why we have not received our promised compensation.

Every time we call we are given a date it will be received, the date comes and goes with no payment, we call and are given another date and so on and so forth. We have spoken to managers who lack any sort of customer service skills and offer no help. At this point we have paid AT&T our cancellation fees out of pocket to avoid the account going to collections and continue to fight Verizon for what was promised. Overall the company has terrible customer service, lack of knowledge, and absolutely no follow-through.

In Aug 2016 I decided to obtain three new phones for my children. Verizon had an add for free phones on their website... so I tried to purchase them via the website. Since their website has many glitches I had to call in to customer service. I asked can these free phones be used for upgrades. I was told yes, but when I was charged for the down payment, first two months payment and delivery of each phone warning bells went off. When the guy on the phone told me to click the email that says I agree to the phone contracts (no contract attached to email) I hesitated... the salesman put me on hold, came back and said he verified with his boss that the phones were free to upgrades. I asked the guy several times can this be used for upgrades. The answer was yes. I was told the particular promotion worked like this.

I paid the down payment first two months, delivery charges, etc and after the first three months of payment I was to be reimbursed for the payments I had made... then I would be charged each month for each phone but on the same bill I would see a reimbursement. Of course this never happened. I have called and talked to so many people I lost count... many have admitted to Verizon's mistake and reimburse me for the moneys I paid for the phones only to charge me for what I was reimburse the following month.

I have been told they would stop charging me for the phones but they don't. I've been told many different stories. One harassing manager said she would stop charging me for the phones and start charging me another $20 per month for each phone instead. One manager managed to get Verizon to stop charging me for one of the three phones and give me a partial reimbursement for that phone. I'm sure at some point they will charge me for that again. I had an attorney write a letter so Verizon called me. The lady said that promotion doesn't exist... these people are con artists and bullies. As soon as I can I'm taking myself and my 5 phone lines somewhere else. For now I have to keep paying these con artists.

I tried to sign up for autopay and the only choices I had for withdrawal dates were between the 9th and the 13th, monthly. My bill is not due until the 15th of every month, and I get paid on the 15th and the 30th, like most working Americans. I contacted a service agent via chat, who confirmed that in fact, those are the only dates available for auto-pay. She said my payment would be withdrawn 2 days before the actual due date in order to give me time to fix a problem, should something go wrong with the autopay. She said it will help to avoid a late fee. Well! It's definitely going to create a problem. I would need to try to fix if you are attempting to withdraw money from my account two days before I actually get paid!

Why do I have a due date for the 15th if I have to pay my bill before that due date? I like getting my bills paid on the day I receive my paycheck. I'm not going to schedule an autopay to withdraw from my account 2 days before I get paid? This isn't rocket science, Verizon. You need to be more flexible with your customers. If I get paid on the 30th, then I have to wait 9-13 days before you will extract my payment when you could just withdraw the payment on the 30th before my payment comes due. By the time the 13th rolls around, my funds are getting low until my next pay day on the 15th. It's just not a convenient option. I will say that the customer service agent answered all my questions and did a good job on her end. I don't fault her for Verizon's poor auto-pay policy.

Verizon is making millions off its customers w/ the new program released last year offering FREE IPHONE 7 UPGRADES after 1 yr of payments rec'd. When I purchased my iPhone in November 2015 I was excited to find out after 12 months of payments, per customer rep at my Verizon corporate store in Cincinnati on Beechmont Ave., that I could come in Nov 2016 & receive new phone and receive a credited amt on total cost from 12 months of payments! After already releasing phone to Verizon I've found I in fact was basically LEASING phone & would have to pay another 2 yrs! If you start adding this up and multiply it by customers who bought into this FREE iPhone idea, you are talking millions of millions of dollars!

Now the worst part is that Verizon screwed us & we are entering our 4-5th month of still fighting them! They are trying to charge us almost $500 plus $5 late fees for each month involved & add extra charges like fees & taxes due for each month! So, realistically I have no clue of the total amt in question. I traded in my iPhone 6 plus & it always was in quality case w/ ZAGG screen protectors, the best! There was not even a slight scratch or scuff anywhere & def NO cracks! I took photos of my phone. But to Verizon it's my word against those unseen investigators. They now say it arrived damage but they no longer have the phone to give me or prove damage! They claim one photograph was taken of each side immediately upon opening and typically no further investigating on the actual phone is done other than 1-2 photographs. I HAVE PHONE RECORDING OF ALL OF THIS FROM VERIZON THEMSELVES!!

Now even after I have repeatedly ask for proof & they state it can only be mailed, I've still rec'd no pics! I can't seem to get that infamous picture! Each month we deal w/ min of 3 hrs on phone & sometimes 3 & 4+ calls a month - because they are trying to disconnect our service repeatedly. We've been a valued customer over 8 yrs & NEVER have I returned or exchanged a phone w/ warranty that wasn't in mint condition. All I get is the run around & more BS each month. Now of course I have my new phone from November 2016 & now they are trying to make me pay the second 12 months for my old phone! Then there is this trade in scam where it was stated after paying a yr we would get new one w/ Amt pd to date to be credited. Basically I just ended up leasing a phone for 12 months & that $$, flushed down the drain! Their iPhone trade in is the BIGGEST SCAM ever in history of cell phones!

No doubt I fell for it hook, line, and sinker along w/ 100's of thousands of other loyal customers, or I wouldn't be writing this complaint. Verizon IS making a KILLING IN THESE UPGRADE PHONE DEALS! Think about it. I personally pay average monthly payment of $40 in the new processes of getting a new iPhone. Then promised, next yr you Get FREE UPGRADE to newest iPhone. Hmmm... It is NOT FREE GUYS! You lose 12 months of payments & it all goes to VERIZON. Plus they could just decide, even after you rec'd your phone, like they did you, us & many others, to not honor the deal as stated! It is the biggest scam of all times & they are profiting big time!!! Think about the millions of customers w/ Verizon, w/ iPhones and you get huge amt of money going to them. I paid just under $500 to basically what I know now to be LEASEing a phone!!!

Now add 100,000 customers minimum who all did the exact same & you & I both know they have way more iPhone customers than 100,000! Anyways, I LOST $480. Now multiply that number & you get $48,000,000 million dollars that ends up in their pockets & Apple as PROFITS! I have been stunned people & to make matters worse they are trying to get more money from me!!! What can we do? Verizon is making a killing on this program & when I finally realized what happened... they already had my old iPhone 6 plus & I had iPhone 7 plus. Like you I mailed old phone back. Now they are telling me it was my fault because I mailed it back in THEIR enclosed envelope w/ their self addressed label in an envelope that shocked the post office vs in the boxes they use to use for mailing back phones.

Like I said, even my post office commented on packing but also stated that I could not use the self enclosed label on anything else but their envelope per the PO & if I didn't use Verizon's label we could have tracking issues, etc., since info in bar code was related to info w/ my phone & my account! I never ever was informed on having to purchase phone insurance & there was no papers in box w/ new phone other than return label. Heck I even pay for a top of the line ins which guarantees replacement of damaged, lost or stolen phones!!! Anyways as I've stated Verizon found a way to make BIG $$$. They are trying to collect basically another $480 from me (basically the 2nd yr of payments) plus $5 late fees each month since Nov plus charges & taxes. Now let's talk trade in/FREE upgrade iPhone deal. We pay 1st yr of payments avg $40 each month & like many customers we believed that the amt pd would be credited onto NEW iPhone 7!

So again, we are leasing a phone and they make millions! It is the biggest SCAM I've seen & they are getting away w/ it! Then add people like us where they refuse to accept the trade in phone & try & collect more $$! UNBELIEVABLE FOLKS! We know they have more than 100,000 iPhone customers on this plan! & again let's just take the avg $ pd 1st year - $480 x 100,000 trade in customers & you have $48,000,000 million they profit on this deal! WOW! This is unreal when you begin to add how many Verizon customers bought into this! You can bet it's way over 100,000 iPhone customers! Now they say my iPhone 6 plus had some damage in corner when my personal photos show mint condition! Verizon checked in phone, takes it out of envelope - takes 1-front photo & 1-back photo & sends phone on its way off to an Apple service?

No more phone, no more evidence! They won't email these two photographs to me but they agreed 3 months ago to mail them via US postal mail. Needless to say, still no photos or proof of this so called damage!! I can't get my original iPhone 6 plus 128 bit iPhone back & they won't take new iPhone 7 plus 256 bit back! I even accidentally left my Zagg screen protector on returned iPhone 6 plus & (cost me $42.00) but also it did give my phone that extra protection. 8+ yrs of loyal service & never have I had an issue like this!! Verizon, up until I guess a year ago, had an outstanding way of mailing phones back and it kept phones safe in the biz w/ enclosed phone holder. To cut costs Verizon went to using a crappy envelope w/ one thin layer of padding in it a year ago! I tried in the past taking my phone to be returned back thru my Verizon Corp store but stated they were not permitted.

Verizon now says they can take them & basically scolded me for not taking it to store to return and not getting ins on it! My store, 1 hr away, stated to me this week that only recently w/in a year they had started doing this. My new phone was sent to me via them. How do customers know if they don't tell you? Nowhere in my packaging did it state I had the option to return to Corp store and I needed to purchase insurance!!! Nor would I have thought differently during these past 8+ yrs because I've had to return iPhones before typically due to tech issues but which was always mailed back in their customized box & never delivered w/ a scratch on them!! Not once! Not even w/ trace of water damage! Frankly, I even pay monthly for ultimate ins plan covering me from damage, lost or stolen phones yet I'm not covered here! Why? Because they need phone back & no one has it now!

So w/ this new trade in or free upgrade plan, they are making MILLIONS on this new plan yet still cutting costs in packaging! Ridiculous! I'm not staying w/ them if they don't resolve this issue! I can't because I can't afford to pay them!!! And it's all affecting our credit now! And I hope they take me to court over it! I wish them luck. I'm sure I'll lose my phone service yet again over this as it's been shut down even after stating it would not during the investigation. I can't afford to pay this bill (balance amt) PLUS my additional monthly bill which is $138 per month! For 1-iPhone 7+ w/ 4gigs & 2-flip phones and well I sadly can't find anyone, not even Sprint who can give me that deal! I have a disease that is so serious due to fact it can cause death quickly w/o prompt medical attention & it's imperative I can call for help!

But Verizon is managing to destroy this possibility, even after having phones since beginning w/ excellent payments, etc. & may force us to go to a service that doesn't work at my home. In fact Verizon has been only phone to work here even if it's choppy? We were customers of Verizon for many yrs when we had our 1st car phone installed!!! We did later go to Sprint but it was brief and changed service due to signal issues. We couldn't use our phones at home! W/ Verizon and a booster most of us get decent signals. So what is next? I haven't a clue. I just pray a resolution comes soon! Thank you. I do have receipt of phone purchase which says 0! I just need to upload it. Let me know & I will gladly do so.

Updated on 03/21/2017: I've contacted Verizon after my phones have been shut down and acct placed in suspension mode for third time! Each time being assured and promised while under investigation my acct will stay in good standing. I have a life threatening illness where my Drs & husband feel I need a phone available 24/7 and for almost 10 yrs was in excellent standing w/ Verizon! Each time I call we are on hold and or on the phone w/ support got 2-3hrs! Each time assured of a near resolution and that our service would NOT be Suspended. In fact, I spoke with them one evening after receiving this text: "please contact Verizon With assistance On your account and questions with research."

Well I do this to only get operator in financial services wanting MORE MONEY after sending $170 the night before!!! Then the very morning after WE called to give assistance and was assured acct still in review and we would be contacted in a couple weeks, you got it!!! OUR PHONES WERE SUSPENDED MORNING AFTER CALL w/ Verizon assuring us no worries!

During the call that evening I was told an email was sent by a supervisor of the supposed damaged phone, even though SEVERAL times in previous calls was informed that they will not email photos and cannot do it. They can only send via post office mail! Of course there was NEVER an email w/ pics received. They demand payment for a phone damaged en route w/o evidence or return of so called broken phone! Here is the kicker about this entire issue. IF & it's a BIG IF coz phone was not broke, but IF My phone screen was in fact broke I am not Stupid!! First I was in the first year warranty & 2nd I have PREMIUM INS paid monthly on that phone & my new one.

I would have taken care of that so called broken screen at a nominal fee $50-100, and then returned the damn thing to Verizon. NOT SEND A BROKEN PHONE & THROW MY INS POLICY OUT & say "OH WELL. I WILL JUST GIVE 'EM $500 vs $50-100 deductible!" Yeah & I was born w/o common sense & so rich I'd be that dumb! So here we are... No guarantee our phones will or will not be suspended at any given time because they can't get anything right. 2 - no clue of my future & balance due!

For last 3+ months my husband has paid more than what our monthly bill is suppose to be bringing balance due to $300 & something & even after paying greater than our regular bill we still repeatedly get suspended!!! Yeah, our last call w/ customer service & financial Dept. the rep. politely stated "we are going to just credit this money and you will be even!" It was like $327 or close to this amount. NO! We stated That gives Verizon money due to us & places it right in their "profits", back pocket!! After repeatedly explaining how that kind gesture is actually screwing us by not forcing Verizon to pay several hundred still owed to us PLUS $5 late fee each month & all the extra % of fees due from incorrect balances each month for now four - 5 months! When is this going to stop?

Honestly, w/ all the turmoil, stress, hours & hours on the phone, dealing w/ repeated suspensions of our acct which could have placed my life in jeopardy, repeatedly being told different outcomes and reasons in different calls! Repeated text messages stating balance due and more $$ being added in a few days! I mean come on! All the stress including emotional I ought get my bill corrected & receive the phone I have at n/c! 2 months ago I would of never thought to even ask! But now!!! 3 suspensions, countless hrs on the phone w/ several calls pleading for help, financial negatives towards us and our acct., and repeated promises & lies!

Just for your info, I even have calls now recorded of some of your reps to show I AM NOT LYING & am truthful if this Unreal & ridiculous treatment towards a customer of almost 10 years! And o KY having Sprint a few years. We were w/ Verizon for so long that in fact they installed our first car phone still connected w/ a telephone cord!!!

Please resolve this and people BEWARE OF THE IPHONE FREE UPGRADE PROGRAM! You've been warned by me and countless others! ITS THE BIGGEST JOKE EVER! Some customer Tech $30-37 back vs the $300 or do in trade in $ & some like me totally get screwed! Remember for every 100,000 customers in this deal they & maybe Apple are making an estimation of $48,000,000 dollars for those who purchased an IPhone 6plus 128 GNP & did agree trade up to IPhone 7 plus! WOW.

Right now I have been on hold for a supervisor for 15 minutes & the service rep has not come back once. In the middle of me talking she put me on hold. I called last month to cancel a line on my acct. & was told to wait till the end of the month so I would be billed early term fees that my contract was up at the end of the month. I waited and was billed $40... The girl couldn't tell me why. She just sat there & said, "You wanted the line disconnected."

I also had a line ported 3 weeks ago & was told I would not get credit for the services I didn't use. It's part of the contract. I ask her for a copy of the contract for that number & she told me she would see about sending me one but she couldn't locate the one that was agreed on that line. She said I should just go to one of the Verizon stores and get it... WHAT? I've now been on the line 49 minutes. Still no one has come back to the line... I was able to write this review while on hold waiting for help. It's a nightmare trying to get help from this company.

I was with T-Mobile for 13 years! Got an offer to switch to Verizon, dumb move!!! I never ran out of data or had any issues with T-Mobile. Now, 10 days in a billing cycle and I'm out of data. I'm on Wi-Fi 90% of the time. How does that happen??? Then they tell me I can get unlimited for an additional $65.00 a month! WHAT IN THE HE??? If you are thinking of switching to Verizon -- DO NOT DO IT! VERIZON IS AWFUL!!!

I decided to purchase a smart watch for my daughter. I was told that this particular watch was only on Verizon. My wireless carrier is Sprint. I went to order it online and I was told my credit app was on hold, they ran my credit and then transferred me to a total of three departments and seven reps. After that I was told that everything was approved and I gave them my credit card info. I get a call today saying "there has been a hold on your application and you would need to pay a $400 deposit". The watch is $80. So let's say I went through all of that in two days. I told Verizon to cancel everything. I was so frustrated because it shouldn't have taken that long and then at the last minute tell me I had the high deposit to pay. So now my credit score has dropped! Thanks Verizon Wireless!

After 16 years of using Verizon wireless service, they have the nerve to continue billing me after I ported all my families phones out of their system. They're billing me for the last 11 days when I have no phones in their service. I have no contract. They are so expensive, more than double than T-Mobile. Just for your information.

I made a payment arrangement but the day of the payment I paid it in cash in store. I called to make sure the automatic payment would not go through. The representative on the phone assured me 3 times, checking each time to make sure it would not come out. She also told me she would note our conversation just in case. And it did come out and when I called they said sorry but there's nothing they can do. We can request it to be transferred back but it will take 7-10 business days and I could be denied. I reminded them that I was assured it would not come out and that she had noted it. I told them this was gonna cause me to be overdrawn but they didn't seem to care that I was going to pay for their mistake. They said it doesn't look like it's their mistake and I said "it seemed like poor employee training so it is your mistake." I now have a bounced tent check, overdraft fee and am broke.

I went shopping in a Verizon store in Charlotte NC. When I was there I got a new iPhone and was offered and new iPad. I asked the guy, Jason **, multiple time how much extra would be added to my monthly bill with the new iPad. He told me multiple times it would only be about $20 extra. When I got the bill I saw that the whole balance for the iPad was on one bill! So of course I call customer service and they tell me I cannot return the iPad because it is too late. So then they try to transfer me to finance so I can get put on a payment plan. The first lady in finance tells me that she can break our current bill up and give us 6 weeks to pay it... well that is not what I wanted to do. I wanted the iPad on a device payment plan!

So they transfer me to another finance department and that lady tells me I can be late on my bill and they can split my current bill up into six months of payments. I did not want to be late on my bill... that was so far beyond the point and quite frankly, the dumbest thing I have ever heard. So that lady tells me I need to speak to client care. At this point I had already taken 30 minutes away from work to be put on hold and transferred 3 different times so I hung up. I got online to talk to someone through the Verizon chat. I talked to a nice lady who said she would fix my problem and get me on a device payment plan and someone would be contacting me in the next couple of days.

Well no one ever contacted me so I get back on Verizon chat and explain my situation once again. This time, a different lady on chat tells me they cannot help me over chat so I would need to call customer service. So I call customer service and they tell me they cannot help me and that I need to go back to the store where I got the iPad from. So I finally get a hold of the manager at the Northcrest store in Charlotte NC and she tells me there is nothing they can do about it and they my bill of $800 is due March 14...

I had to do back flips and walk through flames all to be told absolutely nothing could be done. AWESOME FREAKING CUSTOMER SERVICE!! Once I have paid off the phones on my account and that stupid iPad, I will be switching!! Verizon might have the best service around when it comes to phones... but they have the worst service when it comes to customers!!!

I am so disappointed with the Verizon Wireless service I don't even know where to start. I opened a Verizon Fios account for my home in December 2016 because that's what was more convenient in my area. All of a sudden I am getting phone calls about a Verizon Wireless account opened under my name in also December 2016. I have never authorized this account to begin with. I have always used AT&T for my wireless (never had any problem with AT&T). Then I get a bill for this wireless account.

I'm already furious I called customer service and they cannot cancel it! How is this possible? They said it can only be cancelled if the amount owed is paid in full or I submit a report for identity fraud. The wireless account was never activated, never used, yet I'm being billed $242 just for the wireless account, this is not associated to Fios bill at all. I then do the process of this report. Once I have the info I call Verizon customer service and give them the report number.

They now tell me the number is not enough. I have to send an email of this report and wait for a response reference number then call again and give them that reference number to try to cancel it. This has been a COMPLETE NIGHTMARE! Seriously have to go through so much just to cancel something I never authorized/used. I cannot believe it. On top of everything this is seriously messing up my credit score. People should avoid Verizon WIRELESS at all cost, and forget about the "good service" it supposedly provides. There are tons of other providers which are cheaper and with great service and most likely won't be a nightmare to cancel.

I have been a customer of Verizon's since before they were Verizon -- GTE then Cellular One. In the last two years I have gotten dropped phone calls with the excuse "it's the area you're in." Now I am not even getting my phone calls. Everyone is calling my husband's phone telling us that it goes straight to voice mail and this is while my phone is on and lit up in front of me. I have an elder father and cannot play their games. I was sick and people tried to get ahold of me just the get my voice mail. I pay tooo much money for this. Verizon over charges for ** service. I am a poor person and has had to charge mine and my husband's new phones on the account. I cannot wait until I get them paid off so I CAN DROP THEM! There is no excuse for ** service and high prices.

I wish there was a 0 star rating. I was a Verizon customer for many years, then their lack of customer service finally annoyed me enough to leave. Several Years passed then, Experience number two was recently they lied to me when I got the MiFi, I set it up on a prepay plan because I didn't want a contact. Tech did finally get it working ok but not nearly as good as my phone would work. They said it was the area I was in, I was next to their store and still couldn't stream a 2 min video so... it would send emails which is most of what I needed it for, for work but also wanted it so my 3 yr old could watch Daniel the tiger. Most of the time she ended up watching the buffer screen. So I upped the data on my non Verizon phone which works fine in both places and canceled the mifi so I thought. Conveniently they have no record of this in November.

I called again in December and told them I wanted it disconnected and I got the same old bs "Ill get that taken care of for you". Needless to say now they say I have a 95 dollar bill for two months I didn't use and theres 52 dollars that I paid when I started it as a prepay they can't find. The things that come to mind to describe this business is, misleading, deceptive, annoying, ridiculous, incredibly unpleasant and incredibly inconsistent. I will never use them again, even through a third party like Straight Talk or one of the others. Feel free to contact me if you'd like specifics of any of these dealings with them. The only plus I can think of is when you do finally talk to someone you can usually understand them and they're fairly polite.

Satisfied with service of the phone calls, messaging, and voice messages. Email is slower, but I receive numerous 200 daily. I have to clear out messages daily. Service at Verizon has been excellent.

In a nutshell, I am currently deployed in Afghanistan. I ordered two new Iphones for my family members for Christmas. The packages were delivered (right before Christmas) but there were no phones in the boxes (Must have been stolen by the delivery company (separate review)). My family member called VZW immediately, VZW said it will be investigated and taken care of, and once the investigation is complete new phones will be shipped out again. I have chatted online with several reps, my family has called several times and here we are almost 3 months later and I have gotten nowhere.

So far VZW has told me to call UPS, then I call UPS and they tell me I have to through VZW. I have gone back an forth with both companies multiple times. They have not reversed my charges for the phone or upgrade fee, I am being charged for something I never received. I have been a customer of Verizon Wireless for 13 years, I never would have thought that I would be treated like this. When I return home I will be switching to another provider. It has gotten to the point where, If I could have given them no stars I would have. This has been an extremely horrible experience. Thanks for nothing Verizon Wireless!

Verizon has been the worst experience of any phone company I have dealt with. I ported my lines over from T-Mobile (big mistake) because Verizon offered a buy-one-get-one for a new phone plus they would pay my final bill with T-Mobile. I turned in my final bill and my phones to the store... I never received my credits. Customer Care has been a joke. I've spent countless hours on the phone with them. I went back to the store countless times to figure this out. Each time they assured me everything was set. After more and more phone calls... hours more phone calls with Verizon, again they told me to go back to the store and work it out there. When I went back to the Verizon store that sold me the phones, they were closed down!!!

Now Verizon is saying there's nothing they can do to give me my credit. Verizon is way too expensive and the service was worse than T-Mobiles. Don't believe the hype with Verizon. Way too expensive and horrible service... both customer service and device/phone service. I am writing this after being on hold with their customer care service for over an hour now... so angry. I want to launch a lawsuit against this horrible company. They're thieves as far as I am concerned. Nothing but problems from day one.

Verizon's stores are well-staffed, so they don't keep me waiting long to activate a new phone or pay my bill. I highly recommend going month-to-month and not on a contract. The price is under $50 for unlimited talk, text and 2 or 3 GB of data. The coverage is the best of any other cellphone providers, also important to me since I work out of my car. The only dropped calls happen along the freeway when I pass from one tower to another. Rarely, but it happens, I'll dial a number and get a bad connection where I can hear them talking, but they don't hear me.

Coverage has been amazing. I have found them to be a little pricier than other carriers but with other carriers in the past I had coverage issues so I am willing to pay a little extra for the coverage. I am paying to be able to talk, use data, etc. so I want the coverage when and where I want it and Verizon so far has delivered.

Compare Prepaid Phones