Verizon Wireless
3.21/5
Based on 3,546 ratings submitted in the last year

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Verizon Wireless

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Verizon Wireless Reviews

Original review: June 29, 2019

Usually dealing with the call center reps for mobile network carriers is a nightmare. Either you are speaking to someone with a very heavy accent and the language barriers between you and the agent are so frustrating you end up hanging up and calling back to get a new representative, or you talk to some snooty chick who acts like she has no reason to try and help you out in the slightest and how dare you ask for your bill to be reduced and you literally hear rolling her eyes at ever question you ask. Well, not with Verizon.!!!

I switched from Cricket Wireless which I subscribed to for the last five years over to Verizon about two months ago. Cricket's customer service department was entirely made up of extremely rude ** who disdainfully tell you that if you are unhappy with your bill or service, that you can leave and no longer be a customer but that no matter what they will not ever give you a discount or refund the BS fees that should not have been assessed to your account in the first place. Verizon is over three times as expensive per month but my goodness is it worth it. Not only are the wireless and cellular network services so much faster than any other carrier I have used, but the call center guys are the nicest and most helpful people I've ever had to deal with!

They broke down my issue for me, walked me thru it step by step even though it was uncomplicated and probably would take most people 2 minutes to get they it he stayed on with my for 42 minutes, taking tons of time with me to help me understand and answered all my stupid questions. He then helped me cut down on some services I was paying for which I didn't really want or need, and then set up a payment arrangement and waived the payment fee for me since it was going to add more to my balance owed than how much he had cut off my bill in the first place. I love Verizon and I will never switch again no matter how ridiculously expensive it gets. It's actually worth the money, like for real. :)

Original review: June 8, 2019

I had been with another carrier for 12 years. The signal was fine at my house in North Carolina but I got practically no signal when I'd travel to Georgia where most of my family lives. I have my elderly father on my cellphone plan and we'd both decided to do away with our landlines and use our cellphones exclusively. I went to my carrier to update the phones and that's when the problems began. First I had to wait for 45 minutes before someone would help me. Then when it came to trading in the phones for new ones, they told me basically they don't give you anything for your old phones. The phones were iPhone 7s phones. My bill was going to be even higher, over $200, and they basically acted like they didn't care if I stayed with them or not. I've never paid a bill late in the entire 12 years I've been with them.

After asking them several times if they could do better I decided to go to the Verizon store across the street. I was greeted at the door by a CSR. They listened to my needs and within 30 mins. I had two new iPhone XR's, an unlimited plan for both, and they credited me for the phones I traded in. Plus, since my dad is a veteran I also got $30 off my monthly bill. I bought these phones during their "Dads and Grads" special so one of the phones was free. The signal is great on both of them and I'm very happy. They set up and activated both phones for me and showed me how to use them. I'm also paying $60 a month less than I did at my old carrier. If I sign up for autopay it will be an additional $10 off the bill. I bought these at the Shelby, NC store and I couldn't have asked for more. They were all very nice and very helpful.

Get expert buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 23, 2019

I had been with a competing wireless carrier for 10 years. I had many issues with that carrier but I stayed with them out of loyalty (my son worked for them). I had trouble getting a signal in my own home and no signal in our little cabin in the woods. Every time I called customer service this carrier promised me that new towers were being built as we spoke. They said in 6 months "you will get a signal with no problem." They told me the same story for years! About six months ago I called once again for the same reason. They have me the spiel of new towers and I got very upset. The customer service agent was short with me and I got more upset. I called right back and talked to a different person who said he would send me a "booster." He took all my information, told me it would be 8 to 10 days to get here. Long story short (ha) it never came and there is no such "booster" that they send to people to get a signal. This company lies consistently.

I finally realized that I had been a fool to stay so long with this other company. I researched my options and chose Verizon to switch to. What a pleasant surprise. After getting my new phone, the Verizon store was eager to help me get set up. The salesperson has called me a few times to be sure I was getting everything I expected from my new phone and carrier. The reception is amazing everywhere. I have not had one issue in three months.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

I called on Black Friday to order a Samsung N9. After roughly 45 minutes on hold (which I do not feel is so bad for a Black Friday) I got connected to Ayana, who greeted me with a smile in her voice. The realistic and supportive attitude that carried throughout the conversation was uplifting. I had many questions regarding the new phone, the deal that was currently being offered, the absurdity of certain Verizon policies... For example; I have been a loyal Verizon Wireless customer for 15 years, in the early time at the end of a contract we used to get a $100 credit toward an upgraded device for renewing or establishing a new contract. Throughout the years that credit has gone to a complete inverse, currently settling at a $30 upgrade fee.

Now the way that Verizon explains this is: when financing a phone without interest, they ask for $30 as something of a convenience fee... However they charge this fee whether or not you pay in full or finance a new device. There is no consideration for the fact that they are gaining your loyalty for another 2 year contract! Ultimately, I still feel that Verizon as a company has completely dropped the ball on customer loyalty. Thank goodness for Ayana, if it was not for her compassion, and consistency with me throughout the call (which actually got disconnected on her end at one point) I would have happily taken my service to another cellular carrier.

All-in-all I believe that Verizon has done us all a service by hiring someone as bright and open as Ayana. As for my experience of the company at large, I still feel like my loyalty is a one-way street and that I am yet to be shown how Verizon Wireless takes accountability for their side of this relationship. Thank you so much Ayana!

Original review: Oct. 21, 2018

I don't bother to listen to other negative complaints and honestly I think it depends on where you live but I have been missing out all of these years I switched from AT&T to Cricket and now to Verizon. And I'm so glad I did because I purchased a new home and AT&T sucks for me. They refuse to provide a signal and will not build towers. I called the Verizon store in my city with questions and Blake ** was awesome. He give me his personal number so I could stay in touch with him and we set up an appointment later that day.

When I got there he was with another customer and informed me that he would be right with me and it did not take him long at once we greeted I told him I had an S9+ with AT&T that had been unlocked. He tried everything he could to make the phone work on their network but it just would not work. It was out of his control but he was extremely professional and very nice at trying to help. So I left the store and later that day when I got home I tried looking up reviews on it myself to see if it was compatible. I couldnt find anything on it so I went to the Verizon website and they have an online tool so when I put my IMEI number in it told me it was incompatible with their network so I thought to try another AT&T phone that I had the Galaxy Note 8.

I put that IMEI number in the online tool to check and it was successful. So the next day I went back into the store. I did not set up an appointment but I did stay in touch with Blake and I told him what may be the problem and he was very understanding and hated that it was incompatible. So when I went into the store this time I was greeted by John ** who was also very nice and professional. I told him I had talked to Blake and the problem I had previously and that I just wanted to try and get the Note 8 to work on the their network. He was very helpful. We ran into issues but he tried everything possible to take care of me.

He finally reached out to his advanced technical team because although it showed it was compatible it still would not show service on the phone. So after talking to the technical team they sent him an email on the procedures to take to get it to work. John informed me of those procedures and I was already familiar with them but it would require me to hook the phone into a computer. I was ok with that. He printed off the procedures and give it to me and told me to contact him after I was done and he would finalize the porting process over the phone whenever I was ready to just call him later that day and if it still did not work to just let him know and we could go from there.

Well later that day I called him back because that fixed the issue and I was so thankful. He was also very relieved so he ported my numbers over. I thanked him for all of his hard work and Im very appreciative of both of these professional young men. The service quality is excellent. I have never had services that have been this excellent. They may be a little more expensive but it's worth it. I have received services everywhere I have traveled so far even to my new home when I did not have a signal with my current provider and I only receive 2 bars with Verizon and I was worried about that at first. So I reached out to John about it and he said bars on Verizon doesnt matter how is the call quality and let me tell you he was so right.

I could hear him extremely well although it was only 1 to 2 bars. It wasnt in and out and could barely hear him like it is on AT&T where you have little to no coverage. It was like we were in the same room. I also tried the mobile internet and it was almost instantaneous. WOW. Way to go Verizon on customer service and treating your customers like we deserve to be treated. Now I know exactly why you are rated #1. You go out of your way to meet customers needs and the services are unmatched.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Verizon Home Phone Service?

Original review: Oct. 15, 2019

I'm simply trying to trade in my old iPhone for a new one and had to make an appointment. The fellow was nice enough, but the experience of going to almost any Verizon store is about as much fun as going to the DMV. I've had no help in removing my data, or getting the new phone set up (this is after 1.5 hours at the Verizon store) and they won't even send back the old phone. YOU get the privilege of packaging it up in their materials and trotting over to UPS. What is wrong with these people? And if you try to get help by phone, their automated phone system makes you type in your pin and whatever numbers you're requested to do, and then says that their automated service is unable to help you with your request.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2019

Chatted, stated that I thought "Go Unlimited" meant more data or "unlimited" data. Nope. You get 4G with 30GBs which last, oh, maybe four or five days, then you're back to 3G at about .600. Apparently, if you argue with them, or make it known that you are dissatisfied with their service, they can slow you down even more. Tonight's test, after the chat, went down to 0.14. My what a wonderful, great ... WATCH OUT FOR THE SMALL PRINT company they are proving to be.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2019

Over the past few years the service has declined and the way they treat me as a paying customer has declined. If you are going to be the most expensive cellular service then you should be the best. I’m tired of paying this much money for the same service I can get for half price. Regards.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2019

I called to speak with a Verizon wireless customer representative and was on hold for 32 minutes and 17 seconds. I finally had to hang up. This was after I tried to contact the customer service representative using the live chat app. I was waiting for almost 8 minutes without anyone responding. This is ridiculously bad customer service for what is supposedly one of the “best” wireless companies. I never received the help I needed.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2019

I am a truck driver. I've tried Simple, T-MOBILE, Spectrum and lately Verizon. No different between them except I am now paying much more for the same service I can get from Simple Mobile or T-MOBILE for way much less. For my bad luck I purchased a phone which I am thinking very seriously now to pay it off at once and switch back to Simple or T-MOBILE. Verizon is nothing but big publicity, don't fall in their trap.

Verizon Home Phone Service expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Verizon Wireless is a subsidiary of Verizon Communications, which formed in 2000 when Bell Atlantic and GTE merged. Verizon Communications is a publically-traded company with headquarters in Basking Ridge, N.J. It offers cellular phone service through contract plans and unlimited prepaid plans for smartphones and basic phones.

• Features: Verizon’s prepaid plans come with many free features, including caller ID, call waiting, call forward, data alerts and three-way calling. Compatible phones also include voice mail, visual voicemail and mobile hotspot connectivity for free.

• Switch to monthly: Customers can use any phone purchased from Verizon for a prepaid plan if they decide to sign up for a monthly plan. This feature may appeal to those who need temporary service and may wish to return to a monthly, contract plan in the future.

• Canada and Mexico: All of Verizon’s prepaid plans for smartphones include unlimited text messages to mobile phones in Mexico and Canada. Customers can choose to add on minutes to place voice calls to Mexico and Canada or place international calls with a per-minute surcharge.

• Payment options: Customers can pay for service online or from their phone. They can also set up autopay so that their phones remain active. Although customers cannot simply make a payment in a Verizon store, they can purchase a refill card from a Verizon store and use that to refill their phone online.

• Next-day shipping: Customers who order a phone from Verizon to use with a prepaid plan receive free next-day shipping.

• Best for: Verizon is best for temporary users, business owners and budget-conscious customers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs