3.5/5 (2432 ratings)

About Verizon Wireless

Verizon sells phones and phone plans across the United States. With stores and cell towers in every state, Verizon’s widespread reach allows customers to call, text or use data almost anywhere. Verizon customers can buy products from Apple, Samsung, Google and other phone manufacturers. The company also offers discounts for military members and first responders.

Pros

• 5G available in some areas
  • Discounts on multiple lines
  • Mix & match unlimited plans
  • Parental control app

Cons

• Prices are higher for fewer lines
  • 5G not available in all areas

Bottom Line

Verizon offers a wide range of cellular service plans for customers who use their devices in different ways. Though prices might be higher than other providers, the level of service and extra features make Verizon stand out.

Top Verizon Wireless Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

The manager David, at the Delmont PA - Verizon Wireless store, is awesome. I had an issue and he went above and beyond to resolve my problem… I have never had a service provided b...

Verified

I get excellent coverage here where others with other companies are not so fortunate. Prices are competitive and the selection of phones is excellent. I have had Verizon for 7 yea...

What is Verizon Unlimited?

Verizon is a cellular service provider based in the United States. Verizon Unlimited plans offer five levels of service that you can mix and match. All Unlimited plans include coverage in Mexico and Canada and have no roaming charges in the U.S. Verizon Unlimited’s five plans are:

• Start Unlimited works on 4G and includes talk, text and data. It includes 480p video streaming.
  • Play More Unlimited includes 5G access (for compatible phones) and is suitable for music and video streaming. The plan comes with 25 GB of premium data, unlimited mobile hotspot use and HD video streaming.
  • Do More Unlimited includes premium data and has 5G access, 50 GB of mobile hotspot use and 500 GB of cloud storage.
  • Get More Unlimited works on 5G and includes HD video streaming, 75 GB of premium data and unlimited mobile hotspots with 30 GB.
  • Just Kids Unlimited can be added to any other unlimited plan. It comes with 5 GB of data, unlimited talk and text to 20 contacts, 480p video streaming, safety mode, content filters and location tracking.

All of Verizon Unlimited’s plans include a free six-month subscription to Apple Music and a one-year subscription to Disney Plus.

How does Verizon smart family work?

Verizon Smart Family is a companion app that gives you parental controls to help manage your kids’ smartphone use. You can add the service to eligible Verizon accounts, including unlimited plans. Just Kids Unlimited comes with Smart Family. You can use an app on your device to:

• Filter content
  • Monitor and limit calls, texts and purchases
  • Monitor internet use
  • Pause internet access
  • Track another device’s location

Content filters with Smart Family let you block websites and apps by category or manually block specific sites. You can also control the filters for specific family members. For texts and calls, Smart Family lets you see and monitor incoming and outgoing activity, but you can’t read texts or listen to calls.

Smart Family also creates a graph that shows your child’s online activity and website use. You can set time restrictions and limits for purchases billed directly to your Verizon account via carrier billing.

Verizon family plan prices

Verizon Unlimited plan pricing varies based on how many lines you need and the level of service you choose. Start Unlimited for four lines is $35 per month per line. Two lines of Start Unlimited costs $60 per month per line.

Play More Unlimited and Do More Unlimited are both $45 for four lines; Get More is $55 for four lines. Add Just Kids to any unlimited line for $35. All plans incur additional taxes and fees.

Verizon Wireless FAQ

Can I use Verizon Wireless for home internet?

Verizon offers Fios home internet plans in some areas. You can also use your Verizon mobile hotspot to connect to the internet at home, but hotspot data is limited.

Is Verizon Wireless the best carrier?

Whether Verizon Wireless is the best carrier for you depends on your needs and budget. The company offers flexibility in plans, 5G coverage in some areas (with more added regularly) and reliability. Features include Disney Plus and Apple Music. Customer service is available 24/7.

Is Verizon home Internet unlimited?

Verizon Fios home internet plans come in three data speeds with no limits on usage.

Does Verizon have 24/7 customer service?

Verizon customer service is available 24/7.

Is Verizon Unlimited worth it?

For customers who are looking for a wireless provider with multiple plans and customizable family options, Verizon Wireless is definitely an option to consider. Its Just Kids Unlimited add-on makes it appealing to parents, and, with high data usage options, it’s an ideal choice for large families or avid internet users.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Verizon Wireless?

Original review: June 9, 2022

I had a problem with my flip phone. I was in Oregon at the time and so I took the phone to a VERIZON store in Redmond. They couldn't fix it, so they kept it and said I would be getting a new one in the mail. When it came it didn't have a battery. I took that phone to the VERIZON store on Treeline Rd. in Kalispell, MT. Thanks to Nadine and Tony and after a few days and hours with them on the phone to customer service and their great effort I now have a new phone on its way. VERIZON should be very proud of Tony and Nadine for all the hard work they do on a daily basis. And no, I'm not related to either one of them!!

Original review: March 24, 2022

Today I had the pleasure of meeting Elijah and the staff at Russell Cellular in Chester NY. From the moment I set foot in the store Elijah greeted me with a smile and proceeded to provide the best customer service experience I have ever had. I am 70 years old so I have experienced a wide range of individual service. Elijah is in a class all by himself! Focused, professional, knowledgeable, courteous, patient and an amazing personality. Purchasing a new phone usually causes me anxiety and confusion but Elijah turned it into the best customer service experience I have ever had. Thank you Elijah and the staff in Chester. I hope Verizon Wireless appreciates the team in Chester and especially Elijah.

Get buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2021

I noticed a day before I was supposed to go to Hawaii (and still work) that my phone was no longer sending or accepting Text Messages. I panicked as I didn't want to miss a beat while I was away from the office. I went to the kiosk and was lucky enough to get Nick one of the best customer service reps I have ever met. Luckily he had heard of this before but couldn't fix it himself so he called IT/customer service on the phone and tried to tell them what they needed to do however they wanted him to try a half dozen other things first.

Once he did that we got disconnected. When he called back of course we got someone new. Explained the situation with them for some time until they did what he suggested and what do you know it worked. It only took an hour on the phone with customer service but he knew what he was talking about all along. I left there super relieved that it was working once again and just in time to catch my flight that evening. While we were waiting for Customer Service there was another man there praising Nick for working a miracle on his phone as well. We asked him if we could buy him lunch as he was a huge lifesaver for both of us and he declined graciously. I thought the least I could do is give him a shout-out on here and let Verizon know how lucky they are to have him as an employee. This was on 11/18/2021.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2021

My New Phone Experience: (iPhone Pro13 Max) It’s not every day that you get a new phone, in my case it's been 5-years, and going from an Android to a iPhone, I have to admit my anxiety. I would like to start with the entrance of going into the Verizon building on Rt6 Gar Highway Swansea Ma. (fragrance)! It’s like going to a Fine Dining Resturant (that initial feeling- clean- & a great start).

My sales person ** has a passion for what he does and with no question, knows his stuff. Professional and Courteous! I ask a lot of questions, as a matter of fact I brought my checklist. Everything checked, and transfer complete. What a relief and I love this phone. My first call, to my granddaughter who couldn't wait to talk, even better Facetime her Papa! I honestly can't say enough about Verizon after 23 years as a customer. And Kudos to my main man **, you made my day, and yes, I highly recommend this store if you are going to upgrade. Five Stars and more. Thank you

Tom **

Original review: Nov. 2, 2021

I discovered that my phone screen was broken around 8am this morning. I logged into the "My Verizon" app and reported the cracked screen for repair. They sent a technician to my house (Convenient) to do the repair on site. The technician arrived at 1230, just 4.5 hours after I reported this issue (Quick). The technician was extremely polite, very respectful, and took on the task without issues (Professional). I am amazed at the service provided for the warranty protection and I can certainly say that from my experience, this was a very great way to support the customers. Great job to all involved and I appreciate the very fast response as I am now back to enjoying my phone without the crack in the screen.

Original review: June 30, 2022

I was out of work due to covid, I have been struggling and will continue to struggle for years to get out of the debt that has accumulated. I have tried with Verizon numerous times for help asking for payment arrangements, extended due dates. I can only give them what I have and it is always a struggle. So now my account is suspended once again, my family member is in the hospital I have no way to contact them except with the help of my neighbor's phone. I was lost getting to the hospital because I have no GPS and took a wrong turn with the directions I wrote down.

I have 3 kids on this plan, one of whom is disabled, no way to communicate. They have no idea how people are still being affected because of covid, I did not have the option to work from home as I am sure the verizon specialist were able to and probably are still able to. So today all I can offer to pay was 200.00 and they won't take that to restore my service. Disgusting.

Original review: June 29, 2022

Realized in just 5 months I had a big mistake using Verizon services. Please do not use Verizon if You do not want to be fooled. Expensive service. Mediocre service, big liars, Verizon is a worst joke ever.

Original review: June 28, 2022

Horrible customer service that will bounce you around for an hour+. Will cancel your service, charge you after, tell you that you will get a refund in 2 weeks, then say they can't refund because you don't have service with them. The service department has no ability to do anything and will just make excuses.

Original review: June 28, 2022

I am very disenchanted with Verizon. I bought a Google pixel 3 for me and my mother. The phone is new but the model is 2-3 years old but we liked it because it had a large screen. I got one for myself and my 82-year-old mother so we would have the same phone if she had questions. My phone failed within a month. I got a new phone (it has a one-year warranty) and all is well. My mother’s phone would not turn on a couple of months later. She took it to Verizon and they said they never saw anything like it. I called customer service and they agreed to send her a refurbished phone, the exact same model, for free because it is still covered in the 1-year warranty. However, it doesn’t come with any accessories. I tell my 82-year-old mother this.

Mom gets the “new” phone and starts to package up the old one to mail it back to them when she remembers me saying it does not come with the accessories. I meant the charge cord and in hindsight I should have specifically said that but she takes that to mean the battery as well, so she gets a butter knife and tries to get the battery out. Batteries do not some out of the google pixel phones. She tries though and cracks the corner of the screen, gives up, and mails it back.

When Verizon gets the phone, they say it is cracked. I explain the story and tell them it was not working before she cracked the screen. We took it to the Verizon store; you can call them to verify it was not cracked when the phone would not turn on and they tried all different chargers. They don’t want to hear it and charge us $299 for this refurbished phone.

Never mind that we have been customers for over 10 years, and they are advertising they will give you a top-of-the-line new phone if you come over to Verizon. New customers being treated better than existing customers? Isn’t it cheaper to retain the customers you have? Because I sure want to leave after this debacle. Now I go on a cruise to Norway. I get the $10 a day international calling package-unlimited data, text and calls. They charge me the $10 a day. That is fine I expected that. Then they charge me $2.99 a minute to talk on my phone while I am on the ship. I thought that was included I explained. It is not the counter. What does unlimited mean I wonder??? So, they charged me $206 for talking on my phone on the cruise ship.

Meanwhile, they did send me a text saying I could buy 50MB or something like that for $20 for talk time. I did ignore these texts because why would I need that? I have the unlimited for $10 a day. So, I get home, see the big bill, again! And I ask for help with this bill. Can’t he charge me the $20 that they texted about, or perhaps nothing at all since no one explained unlimited is not really unlimited if you are on the ship? No help to be had. Beware customers. I have looked at all the cell phone plans out there and AT&T has much better pricing and a free phone if you switch to them. I am so disgusted. I hate the work of changing, but I feel Verizon is more concerned about the mighty dollar than good customer service.

Original review: June 27, 2022

I had used T-Mobile for about 15 years without a problem... Unfortunately, when I moved, I had no signal and I lost about 30 calls in one week. I went to Verizon and tried to work out a deal with them to stay at the same price range due to the fact that I am over the age of 55 yrs old and on permanent disability. Josh **, the agent who served me, assured me that if I gave them my cell phone (which was new and compatible) he would give me a brand-new phone and the payments would stay at about the same: With T-Mobile I was paying $65.00 with international - Verizon was supposed to be $95.00 without international. After 5 days I received a bill for $184.00. I "flipped"... Really? Almost $200,00? I immediately called Verizon and I must confess that after 3-4 attempts and on hold for about 45 minutes each time, I could finally get through.

The agent advised me that the bill would never be less than $135.00 a month (more than double than T-Mobile) and that the bill was high because it had the connection fees. I knew that I had 28 days to return the phone, so I went back and advised Josh that I wanted my phone back and cancelled the program with Verizon. The phone was gone and with it, all my memories of over 600 pictures and videos of my new grand baby that were never saved.

I tried to work out a deal with Verizon due to the fact that I did not use the phone more than a couple of days (I must emphasize that when I was on the phone in the car, certain areas on the Turnpike, Verizon does not work) ... First of all, they were supposed to have given me the discount that by law I am entitled to for being over the age of 55 - but they never did. They were charging me $17.00 for protection which I never asked. After a dozen phone calls without straightening the bill, I continuously asked for a new bill that stated FINAL BILL... but it never came. They put me in collection.

Frustrated because I was in a process of buying a house, I called and, a supervisor who understood my situation, decided to reduce the bill a couple of dollars, so I decided to pay on the spot... I called Verizon again for them to remove that collection from the credit bureau, but they never did. Because of them, my credit score dropped 101 points and until today, 4 months later, I am still in the limbo, waiting 2 more months to see if the credit score will go up.

Years ago, Wells Fargo bank invented the Brokerage IRA accounts where the screwed a lot of people - they screw me in $4,820.00 which I never recuperated but at least they were sued in Los Angeles, CA and had to pay out 3 law suites which accumulated over 200 million. I HOPE AND PRAY THAT VERIZON WILL ONE DAY PAY FOR EVERYTHING THEY HAVE BEEN DOING WRONG TO THEIR CUSTOMERS! PS: I have now Cricket Wireless for $30.00 a month with the exact same service.

Verizon Wireless Company Information