2.8/5 (930 ratings)

About Verizon Wireless

Verizon sells phones and phone plans across the United States. With stores and cell towers in every state, Verizon’s widespread reach allows customers to call, text or use data almost anywhere. Verizon customers can buy products from Apple, Samsung, Google and other phone manufacturers. The company also offers discounts for military members and first responders.

Pros

• 5G available in some areas
  • Discounts on multiple lines
  • Mix & match unlimited plans
  • Parental control app

Cons

• Prices are higher for fewer lines
  • 5G not available in all areas

Bottom Line

Verizon offers a wide range of cellular service plans for customers who use their devices in different ways. Though prices might be higher than other providers, the level of service and extra features make Verizon stand out.

Top Verizon Wireless Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

The manager David, at the Delmont PA - Verizon Wireless store, is awesome. I had an issue and he went above and beyond to resolve my problem… I have never had a service provided b...

Verified

I get excellent coverage here where others with other companies are not so fortunate. Prices are competitive and the selection of phones is excellent. I have had Verizon for 7 yea...

What is Verizon Unlimited?

Verizon is a cellular service provider based in the United States. Verizon Unlimited plans offer five levels of service that you can mix and match. All Unlimited plans include coverage in Mexico and Canada and have no roaming charges in the U.S. Verizon Unlimited’s five plans are:

• Start Unlimited works on 4G and includes talk, text and data. It includes 480p video streaming.
  • Play More Unlimited includes 5G access (for compatible phones) and is suitable for music and video streaming. The plan comes with 25 GB of premium data, unlimited mobile hotspot use and HD video streaming.
  • Do More Unlimited includes premium data and has 5G access, 50 GB of mobile hotspot use and 500 GB of cloud storage.
  • Get More Unlimited works on 5G and includes HD video streaming, 75 GB of premium data and unlimited mobile hotspots with 30 GB.
  • Just Kids Unlimited can be added to any other unlimited plan. It comes with 5 GB of data, unlimited talk and text to 20 contacts, 480p video streaming, safety mode, content filters and location tracking.

All of Verizon Unlimited’s plans include a free six-month subscription to Apple Music and a one-year subscription to Disney Plus.

How does Verizon smart family work?

Verizon Smart Family is a companion app that gives you parental controls to help manage your kids’ smartphone use. You can add the service to eligible Verizon accounts, including unlimited plans. Just Kids Unlimited comes with Smart Family. You can use an app on your device to:

• Filter content
  • Monitor and limit calls, texts and purchases
  • Monitor internet use
  • Pause internet access
  • Track another device’s location

Content filters with Smart Family let you block websites and apps by category or manually block specific sites. You can also control the filters for specific family members. For texts and calls, Smart Family lets you see and monitor incoming and outgoing activity, but you can’t read texts or listen to calls.

Smart Family also creates a graph that shows your child’s online activity and website use. You can set time restrictions and limits for purchases billed directly to your Verizon account via carrier billing.

Verizon family plan prices

Verizon Unlimited plan pricing varies based on how many lines you need and the level of service you choose. Start Unlimited for four lines is $35 per month per line. Two lines of Start Unlimited costs $60 per month per line.

Play More Unlimited and Do More Unlimited are both $45 for four lines; Get More is $55 for four lines. Add Just Kids to any unlimited line for $35. All plans incur additional taxes and fees.

Verizon Wireless FAQ

Can I use Verizon Wireless for home internet?
Verizon offers Fios home internet plans in some areas. You can also use your Verizon mobile hotspot to connect to the internet at home, but hotspot data is limited.
Is Verizon Wireless the best carrier?
Whether Verizon Wireless is the best carrier for you depends on your needs and budget. The company offers flexibility in plans, 5G coverage in some areas (with more added regularly) and reliability. Features include Disney Plus and Apple Music. Customer service is available 24/7.
Is Verizon home Internet unlimited?
Verizon Fios home internet plans come in three data speeds with no limits on usage.
Does Verizon have 24/7 customer service?
Verizon customer service is available 24/7.

Is Verizon Unlimited worth it?

For customers who are looking for a wireless provider with multiple plans and customizable family options, Verizon Wireless is definitely an option to consider. Its Just Kids Unlimited add-on makes it appealing to parents, and, with high data usage options, it’s an ideal choice for large families or avid internet users.

Verizon Wireless Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Verizon Wireless?

Original review: June 26, 2021

The Customer Care employee I had the pleasure to talk to today, referring to some internet issues I was having, was the best I've ever had. His name was Mike and he was kind, understanding and he listened. Which is a rarity because of the numerous Customer service people I have talked to from many companies, most either are or at least act like they are stupid. For example, asking a question to which the answer was already given is the most common (and extremely aggravating) thing that most Customer service people do. If I would have met this gentleman in person rather than him being the Customer service person I was needing to talk to in order to attempt to resolve the issue, I have no doubt that he and I would have become great friends.

Original review: June 25, 2021

My family and I had great customer service at the Flagstaff Az Location (1800 S Milton). We were assisted by a gentleman named **. He was very professional, courteous and listened to our concerns, and outfitted us with the best service at version. 11 months have passed and we have been enjoying great connectivity and service. Yesterday, my son and I returned to the store to add another line. Once again we were assisted by **. His customer service is still at 110%. Wow, what great service from this guy. We left very happy once again as ** used his expertise to get us all connected. Thank you ** - The world needs more people like you.

Get buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2021

I called into Verizon today literally in tears over my bill! I asked for management immediately as I had called several times about my issue in the past to no avail. I spoke with Shantelle. She listened to me cry as I explained my situation. Before anything else she made sure I was ok and spoke to me in calm voice. Once I was ok she went on to address my issues. So many times she assured me it would be ok. She took care of every single issue and even a few I myself didn't see! I truly felt cared about by the end of our conversation. She definitely changed my feelings. I didn't feel like just a phone number. She acknowledged I was a person. Maybe to some that may seem silly but these days it's hard to find people that like their jobs and care the way she did. I praise her management skills and feel like she should be recognized. Thank you so much!!!

Original review: Nov. 3, 2020

This morning I had the pleasure of speaking with Mark ** from Greenville, SC. Initially the purpose of my call to Verizon was to retrieve a return label but I had explained to Mark that I've been very unhappy with Verizon for weeks due to many reasons. He took his time reviewing my account in detail. He was very informative, helpful, pleasant, and understanding of my frustrations. He repaired all the knots on my account and assured he would follow up to make sure everything would fall in place seamlessly. I wish all the Verizon representatives were as knowledgeable, professional, and enjoyable to deal with as him.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2020

My husband and I were surprisingly pleased with our service at the Verizon sales store in Asheville. We were disappointed that we couldn't get a lower price for the iPhone we needed to purchase since we've had an account with Verizon for many years. Matt ** questioned why we wanted a very high end phone for our uses. After talking with him, we opted for a lower priced phone, at his recommendation. I thought it was very nice of him to guide us to a lower price that meets all our needs. He was also very patient setting up the phone for two senior citizens.

Original review: July 28, 2021

Was promised a rebate card only to get the run around about it. Also bill has been so high since getting service with them haven’t seen a bill yet below 300 dollars!! Took off a line only for bill to increase. And most customer service are rude and insensitive to your needs. I would not recommend Verizon!! I’m going to pay off my phones and switch back to lame Metro. At least I won’t go broke trying to pay a bill!!

Original review: July 27, 2021

We are on a large family plan with 22 promotional gigs of data, which we were nearing. The Verizon site said the data is supposed to roll over but it hasn’t been. We called and explained the situation and within minutes the rollover notification changed and they had even misspelled promotions. They refused to say anything except “we can’t see what you see”. We have been with Verizon for about 20 years but the customer service has gone to crap and now I feel as though they are lying about what they offer. It may be time to switch carriers.

Original review: July 27, 2021

I am a business account that pays insurance. The firmware went down on my new S21 5G. Called Thurs and got the phone Monday at 3:00 pm. Then trying to get the phone activated??? WOW! Terrible service Verizon!! Get technical people that know your phones! 1 and 1/2 hours and the phone was not downloaded from the cloud yet?? I need to leave Verizon!

Original review: July 27, 2021

Verizon advertised a $1,000 credit in exchange my S20 for a S21, after I made the exchange I found out I'm only getting $800 - $33 credit over 2 years and they put you in their most expensive plan. I got robbed.

Original review: July 22, 2021

I was trying to switch my service providers over to Verizon and they locked me out because my credit application is locked because they locked it every time I tried to call to speak to a live representative so fair warning everybody do not call to speak to a live representative when you are trying to switch service by yourself because they'll just lock your credit application account and whenever they tell you that you got a 48-hour lock it's actually 96 hours or longer. Don't believe anything they say. All in those deals that they don't have they're all lies and **. So I personally don't think that I will ever switch service providers over to Verizon wireless. But here's a fun factor Don't do T-Mobile either. I'm paying $300 for one line.

Verizon Wireless Company Information