3.28/5
Based on 3,521 ratings submitted in the last year

6000 Verizon Wireless Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 29, 2019

Usually dealing with the call center reps for mobile network carriers is a nightmare. Either you are speaking to someone with a very heavy accent and the language barriers between you and the agent are so frustrating you end up hanging up and calling back to get a new representative, or you talk to some snooty chick who acts like she has no reason to try and help you out in the slightest and how dare you ask for your bill to be reduced and you literally hear rolling her eyes at ever question you ask. Well, not with Verizon.!!!

I switched from Cricket Wireless which I subscribed to for the last five years over to Verizon about two months ago. Cricket's customer service department was entirely made up of extremely rude ** who disdainfully tell you that if you are unhappy with your bill or service, that you can leave and no longer be a customer but that no matter what they will not ever give you a discount or refund the BS fees that should not have been assessed to your account in the first place. Verizon is over three times as expensive per month but my goodness is it worth it. Not only are the wireless and cellular network services so much faster than any other carrier I have used, but the call center guys are the nicest and most helpful people I've ever had to deal with!

They broke down my issue for me, walked me thru it step by step even though it was uncomplicated and probably would take most people 2 minutes to get they it he stayed on with my for 42 minutes, taking tons of time with me to help me understand and answered all my stupid questions. He then helped me cut down on some services I was paying for which I didn't really want or need, and then set up a payment arrangement and waived the payment fee for me since it was going to add more to my balance owed than how much he had cut off my bill in the first place. I love Verizon and I will never switch again no matter how ridiculously expensive it gets. It's actually worth the money, like for real. :)

Original review: June 8, 2019

I had been with another carrier for 12 years. The signal was fine at my house in North Carolina but I got practically no signal when I'd travel to Georgia where most of my family lives. I have my elderly father on my cellphone plan and we'd both decided to do away with our landlines and use our cellphones exclusively. I went to my carrier to update the phones and that's when the problems began. First I had to wait for 45 minutes before someone would help me. Then when it came to trading in the phones for new ones, they told me basically they don't give you anything for your old phones. The phones were iPhone 7s phones. My bill was going to be even higher, over $200, and they basically acted like they didn't care if I stayed with them or not. I've never paid a bill late in the entire 12 years I've been with them.

After asking them several times if they could do better I decided to go to the Verizon store across the street. I was greeted at the door by a CSR. They listened to my needs and within 30 mins. I had two new iPhone XR's, an unlimited plan for both, and they credited me for the phones I traded in. Plus, since my dad is a veteran I also got $30 off my monthly bill. I bought these phones during their "Dads and Grads" special so one of the phones was free. The signal is great on both of them and I'm very happy. They set up and activated both phones for me and showed me how to use them. I'm also paying $60 a month less than I did at my old carrier. If I sign up for autopay it will be an additional $10 off the bill. I bought these at the Shelby, NC store and I couldn't have asked for more. They were all very nice and very helpful.

Get expert buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 23, 2019

I had been with a competing wireless carrier for 10 years. I had many issues with that carrier but I stayed with them out of loyalty (my son worked for them). I had trouble getting a signal in my own home and no signal in our little cabin in the woods. Every time I called customer service this carrier promised me that new towers were being built as we spoke. They said in 6 months "you will get a signal with no problem." They told me the same story for years! About six months ago I called once again for the same reason. They have me the spiel of new towers and I got very upset. The customer service agent was short with me and I got more upset. I called right back and talked to a different person who said he would send me a "booster." He took all my information, told me it would be 8 to 10 days to get here. Long story short (ha) it never came and there is no such "booster" that they send to people to get a signal. This company lies consistently.

I finally realized that I had been a fool to stay so long with this other company. I researched my options and chose Verizon to switch to. What a pleasant surprise. After getting my new phone, the Verizon store was eager to help me get set up. The salesperson has called me a few times to be sure I was getting everything I expected from my new phone and carrier. The reception is amazing everywhere. I have not had one issue in three months.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

I called on Black Friday to order a Samsung N9. After roughly 45 minutes on hold (which I do not feel is so bad for a Black Friday) I got connected to Ayana, who greeted me with a smile in her voice. The realistic and supportive attitude that carried throughout the conversation was uplifting. I had many questions regarding the new phone, the deal that was currently being offered, the absurdity of certain Verizon policies... For example; I have been a loyal Verizon Wireless customer for 15 years, in the early time at the end of a contract we used to get a $100 credit toward an upgraded device for renewing or establishing a new contract. Throughout the years that credit has gone to a complete inverse, currently settling at a $30 upgrade fee.

Now the way that Verizon explains this is: when financing a phone without interest, they ask for $30 as something of a convenience fee... However they charge this fee whether or not you pay in full or finance a new device. There is no consideration for the fact that they are gaining your loyalty for another 2 year contract! Ultimately, I still feel that Verizon as a company has completely dropped the ball on customer loyalty. Thank goodness for Ayana, if it was not for her compassion, and consistency with me throughout the call (which actually got disconnected on her end at one point) I would have happily taken my service to another cellular carrier.

All-in-all I believe that Verizon has done us all a service by hiring someone as bright and open as Ayana. As for my experience of the company at large, I still feel like my loyalty is a one-way street and that I am yet to be shown how Verizon Wireless takes accountability for their side of this relationship. Thank you so much Ayana!

Original review: Oct. 21, 2018

I don't bother to listen to other negative complaints and honestly I think it depends on where you live but I have been missing out all of these years I switched from AT&T to Cricket and now to Verizon. And I'm so glad I did because I purchased a new home and AT&T sucks for me. They refuse to provide a signal and will not build towers. I called the Verizon store in my city with questions and Blake ** was awesome. He give me his personal number so I could stay in touch with him and we set up an appointment later that day.

When I got there he was with another customer and informed me that he would be right with me and it did not take him long at once we greeted I told him I had an S9+ with AT&T that had been unlocked. He tried everything he could to make the phone work on their network but it just would not work. It was out of his control but he was extremely professional and very nice at trying to help. So I left the store and later that day when I got home I tried looking up reviews on it myself to see if it was compatible. I couldnt find anything on it so I went to the Verizon website and they have an online tool so when I put my IMEI number in it told me it was incompatible with their network so I thought to try another AT&T phone that I had the Galaxy Note 8.

I put that IMEI number in the online tool to check and it was successful. So the next day I went back into the store. I did not set up an appointment but I did stay in touch with Blake and I told him what may be the problem and he was very understanding and hated that it was incompatible. So when I went into the store this time I was greeted by John ** who was also very nice and professional. I told him I had talked to Blake and the problem I had previously and that I just wanted to try and get the Note 8 to work on the their network. He was very helpful. We ran into issues but he tried everything possible to take care of me.

He finally reached out to his advanced technical team because although it showed it was compatible it still would not show service on the phone. So after talking to the technical team they sent him an email on the procedures to take to get it to work. John informed me of those procedures and I was already familiar with them but it would require me to hook the phone into a computer. I was ok with that. He printed off the procedures and give it to me and told me to contact him after I was done and he would finalize the porting process over the phone whenever I was ready to just call him later that day and if it still did not work to just let him know and we could go from there.

Well later that day I called him back because that fixed the issue and I was so thankful. He was also very relieved so he ported my numbers over. I thanked him for all of his hard work and Im very appreciative of both of these professional young men. The service quality is excellent. I have never had services that have been this excellent. They may be a little more expensive but it's worth it. I have received services everywhere I have traveled so far even to my new home when I did not have a signal with my current provider and I only receive 2 bars with Verizon and I was worried about that at first. So I reached out to John about it and he said bars on Verizon doesnt matter how is the call quality and let me tell you he was so right.

I could hear him extremely well although it was only 1 to 2 bars. It wasnt in and out and could barely hear him like it is on AT&T where you have little to no coverage. It was like we were in the same room. I also tried the mobile internet and it was almost instantaneous. WOW. Way to go Verizon on customer service and treating your customers like we deserve to be treated. Now I know exactly why you are rated #1. You go out of your way to meet customers needs and the services are unmatched.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Verizon Home Phone Service?

Original review: July 18, 2019

I've been a customer for a year now, 2 lines of beyond unlimited data. Not once in this year has my bill been correct and despite great efforts of me calling, writing and spending hours every month with customer service it never gets fixed. It has always been over and because of this I never trusted to add auto pay to save $10 a month because even though every service representative promised it was fixed, every month it was over by at least $20. I have documented every interaction with screenshots of chats and recordings of voice calls as well as taken names and requested emails of the contact outcomes. I just filled with the BBB and FTC and informed Verizon that I will file in my city small claims court if it happens and overdrafts my account.

This is my account of the time I've been with Verizon, everything I've said here is true and correct. It has affected my life believe it or not, not going to lie, just want everyone informed. I've spoken to others with Verizon and it's the same story. My friends with lots of money or are just too busy say they just pay the extra $20-25 because they got sick of it every month. In my mountain town Verizon is the only signal we can get. It's time for businesses that control so much of our lives to stop taking advantage of monopolies on the public.

Original review: July 16, 2019

In March, 2019 I upgraded my tablet. I only use the tablet about once a month when I'm traveling. I have been having problems with the tablet working for a few minutes and then telling me I don't have a sim card. This has been going on since I got the new tablet but it hasn't aggravated me enough to bring it in until today. I had to evacuate for Hurricane Barry and needed to use my tablet. Today the Verizon store couldn't look up my account because the number associated with my account is the cell number of the tablet. Not something I know off hand. They had the tablet and couldn't look it up. I had to drive 25 miles to get a copy of my bill so they could find my account. They charged me $20 for a new sim card. I ask about changing the number associated with my account to my cellphone number and he wanted $20 to do that. That is total BS to make a computer entry.

Original review: July 15, 2019

Hello there: To make my story short, I have been with Verizon for the last 12 years paying my bills on time. I have 5 lines and I have been paying about $300-$350 average per month. They never gave me more 16 GB data for the whole month. Because of my kids I always hit the data and get to the slow mode for using the internet which is a very very slow!!!

My family and I have a lot of frustration about this, and always my kids asked me why we don't switch to something else, cheaper, more data, and more generous network. Due for being a loyal customer and hearing a myth that Verizon is the best network and other crap, I didn't switch. Till one morning my daughter told why we don't switch to T-Mobile, they have endless data and CHEAPER and internationally have stronger network. I went to Costco and I said let me check what my daughter told me. Guess what: I switched to T-Mobile, having endless data and much better and faster service, on the top of this I am paying about %40 less!!!!

That's is being said, not the rest of the story: there are more ugly things they did to me yet to come and till they sent me the final bill. Of course I had to pay legitimate money for 2 of my unpaid phone in my last bill, but I wanted to be sure for the last few years that I will never ever have any contract with any wireless especially with Verizon. So these phones had no contract and I just paid them off. BUT, in the bill there were other few charges for other two phone, that I need to pay $175 for 2 phones because there is a termination fees??! Then I said what????

I called them for an hour and asked about where these charges are coming from?? Spending 30 minutes with an associate from Verizon, she explained to me that these charges because on March of 2019, she claimed that I called them to disconnect 2 lines from Verizon, and they told me that if I keep these two lines, they will offer me 30% per line, and this is a contract with them and It means that I have to stay with them for another 1 year. :(

I told her, “Mam: I never ever called you and I never wanted to disconnect 2 lines and I never authorize anyone to put me for another killer contract with you for another year???!” With a lot of argument she refused to credit these two charges and she didn’t believe me “of course”. Then I told her, "Since you guys are recording everything, can you please send me a record that I called you on March 2019, and you told me that I agreed to take this 30% off and then to stay with you for a contract for another year."

First of all, she got confused about this request, then she said, "I am not sure how can I get this record." I told her, "I need this record so I can believe you and then I will pay you exactly what I owe you." Then, she said that I have to wait for 10 days so they can locate that record. I am very frustrated and I decide not to go back ever never to Verizon regardless what offer they will give me and I want be sure to convey this message to everyone I care about and also to anyone would like to have their service with Verizon. Now, I am currently waiting to get a record from Verizon about what I have asked for. I probably send another update when it is available. Please please stay away and switch when you can even if you lose some dollars! :( :( :( Moe **, :(

Original review: July 15, 2019

I had Verizon for 4 years. I had good service in Pittsburgh, but it would get spotty when I traveled. Overpaid for an unlimited account. I switched over to another provider, and my number was disconnected from Verizon. I had to pay for an extra month, because I disconnected between billing cycles. My recommendation: just be careful when signing up with this company. You can probably get a better deal somewhere else.

Original review: July 13, 2019

I have three lines on my plan, two of which reside in Charlotte, NC. After spending some time there, I noticed my service was only 1-2 bars, with simple text messages taking up to 10 mins to send and receive. Snap chat videos sometimes failing to send, and after resending, get out of sequence. Unacceptable for $300+ service I am paying for. I reached out to Verizon customer service and after spending 2 hours of my Saturday, the reasoning they gave me was that there was possible construction going on in my area, which would explain 1-2 bars of cellular signal, and my 3 unlimited data plans were being throttled down on data because of the busy network in that area. So basically, no solution to my 1-2 bars of service (outside the home). And their proposed solution for my text messages taking 5-10 min to send was to upgrade my plan, so basically, my $330/mo for 3 lines was insufficient for decent service.

Customer service was also pretty incompetent, kept asking me if I had wifi to make their service better. What kind company charges you $300 then asks if they can piggy back on another company's $100 service so that the results are sufficient. Had a supervisor hang up on me because I told him I was recording the call for training purposes lol. Finally, after two hours, the last representative was asking me what I wanted to do. And I stated that I presented her with the issues, it's their job as professionals to provide the solution. She insisted that it was my choice to either deal with it, hook up to wifi, upgrade my plan, or call a tech out. From that I reasoned that calling a technician wouldn't solve much, otherwise she would've suggested it, so I plan on switching carriers next month.

Original review: July 13, 2019

Let me start by saying we've been Verizon customers since they bought out Alltel - so since about 2003. We started having issues in about 2016 more so with data. In more recent years we've had issues with them overselling & underdelivering. I had reached out 12/2018 with insurance issues. After going through about 7 hours total of phone time they gave me a tablet, phone & Gizmo watch for my inconvenience. Later in December 2018 I added 2 new devices to the plan. Now for the past 6 months (1/2019-7/2019) I had noticed a late payment on the bill but put it off because I knew I paid every bill & I really didn't have 5-7 hours to spend on the phone. Obviously if I was overdue over $400 by 6 months I'd have service issues.

Finally I had some time to call Verizon. After going through my concerns I was told by the representative that I hadn't paid the bill for 12/2017! That means come 7/2019 I would've had a past due amount for almost 2 years! I did my research with my bank & found the transaction for 12/2017. When I again contacted Verizon & told them I had proof from my bank of a transaction they tried to say I had also missed a payment 4/2018. This was the 3rd rep I spoke with today (probably the 12th since 12/2018) & first mention of 1 let alone 2 missed payments. So if I had indeed missed 2 payments I would have had a past due amount of almost $1000.

Keep in mind I had added 2 devices that I had to pay monthly in December of 2018. Now if I was past due by 2 months like Verizon was trying to say, why would they allow me to raise my bill if according to them I had 2 missed payments? Verizon then told me they would reach out to my bank for confirmation. I told Verizon not to bother because at this point I don't trust anything they say. I then contacted my bank myself to have them confirm the transactions from 7/2017-6/2019 and they were all there. I then mentioned to my bank that Verizon had offered to reach out to them to confirm the payments. My bank told me that they didn't know why Verizon would say something like that because the bank would not give them that information. So they lied yet again. I have bank statements as proof of my transactions & Verizon keeps trying to come up with new excuses to justify the late payment.

Like I said I was only notified of the late payment this year, 2019. And they're trying to say it's from 2017. I have spoken with multiple Verizon reps between 2017 through 7/2019 & this is the first time a late payment from 2017 or 2018 was ever brought up. I'm wondering what excuse they'll give me when I walk into a retail store with my bank statements. I know this is a long review & this is only one of a few incidents I've had with Verizon & their questionable practices. I don't want to have to switch providers because we've been with them for over 15 years but I don't have 6 hours every few months to be going back & forth with Verizon. We will be switching providers by 10/2019 & I would recommend for every consumer to steer clear of Verizon & go with another provider; unless you enjoy spending 6 hours being transferred & being told you're lying about making payments even though you have documented proof of payments.

Original review: July 11, 2019

Signed up for the bundle package $89.99 and HBO. My bill averaged $250 and I decided to get rid of HBO. Now my bill is $227. Keep in mind the base package is $89.99 / HBO $25 / extra phone line is an additional $10. I am still paying over $200 monthly - too expensive. I called and they offer a management $20 discount for 6 months.

*Issue #2 > Basic cable packages are broken down into sports/entertainment/etc. I chose the sports package which does not include the tennis channel and other sports channels. Why?? TNT, TBS and BET should be included with all packages (have commercials/advertisers pay Verizon). Why charge extra to Consumers??? Double dipping and it's unfair!! I am researching for another provider. As soon as my contract ends - I will cancel.

Original review: July 11, 2019

I have had a business account for well over 10 years. Multiple lines and until recently an unlimited plan. My "account manager" from Verizon tells me she needs to make some changes to save me money and reduces the account to like 5 something then 50 something. One of the lines gets shut down and I am told I have $1700 in overages. I go pay the overages as they tell me I need to do that to get line working again. Maybe 10 hours of phone time, two trips to a store, maybe 6-9 different people on the phone they could really do nothing. Last person is the first person who says it really is not $1700 in overages just about $300 and cannot tell me why line was shut down. No effort to try and keep a long term client who has according to them "you have always paid your bill on time." We are "sorry for the inconvenience". I will make the herculean effort and find another provider. This was beyond ridiculous and absurd.

Original review: July 8, 2019

Verizon billed my company for a mobile phone that did not belong to my company. I spent 3 months calling every department attempting to resolve the issue! I spoke to 30 or more people over the 3 months with no resolution. Last letter received was a collection letter for an account that did not belong to my company! I will have to make sure my company does not get reported to the credit bureaus and if so dispute the report.

Original review: July 8, 2019

I had no intentions on trading in my phone the day I entered the store, nor was I ready to give up the phone I had for 3 years because it fit so well. I had plan on switching to Verizon because it's less expensive than AT&T (which was the service provider I was with) and better reception than AT&T due to the location of my home. But Cory found the right phone along with the right phone case to fit and put together a plan that worked and fit into my budget, so he made it easy for me to move forward on buying the phone, switching my services (also hot spot and tethering included, where I didn't have that with my previous carrier), it took a good minute to transfer all of my information, photos and messages to the new phone but it is a good deal and I am satisfied.

Original review: July 8, 2019

Verizon constantly found ways to charge us more than our rate plan. They made mistakes which they admitted and still charged us $300 for the mistakes which were theirs. When we finished paying off the phones they added a new charge so the monthly bill would stay the same: they charged the line service fee and added a fee to use that line with the phones which we owned because we had payed them off. They WILL find ways to charge you MUCH MORE than your plan rate. AND the $240 phone of mine turned out to be available elsewhere for $79.

Original review: July 8, 2019

Called to get help set up two new phones along with two phones on the account. I waited on hold for 30 minutes, no one picked up still. 55 minutes total. I finally got a representative on the phone. Very impatient with me after being on hold for an hour just waiting for someone to help me. I had a few problems with getting information from my kid's account. About time I did that the representative hung the phone up on me & when I called back now they are closed. Regret getting these phones. I'm going to return them now & get a different phone company now. Verizon sucks.

Original review: July 6, 2019

If you are a veteran or active duty service member trying to apply the military discount, run far away from Verizon!!! My father is a disabled veteran who honorably served his country. He is currently a customer of another carrier, but was added to the account as a named user so we could get his discount. He brought the appropriate DD-214 form into a Verizon store and was told they didn't need that, only the veteran card. He went back the next day with the veteran card and they assured him the discount would be applied and that I would get a confirmation email in a few days. A week later, and no discount, no email. He went back to the store and showed the same veteran card that should've already been on file and was told that the discount would be applied. Another week, another no response from Verizon.

I contacted Verizon by phone after each attempt and they assured me it would be applied. I spoke to three people on the app chat and they assured me it would be taken care of and expect an email. Nothing!! I went to a local Verizon store with a photo of the veteran card and they told me it was not acceptable, it had to be the DD-214 form. I told them he already tried that in the store he went to in another state. I had to obtain a photo of that form and sent went back to the same store and finally it was applied after one month!! I asked the local store what they would do for my inconvenience and they said "sorry, nothing we can do, we are only a retailer, call the 1800 customer service number." Unacceptable!!

Now, I need to waste more time and get inconvenienced again. Upon calling, the representative told me the only thing they could do was apply the credit twice for this month only. Nothing could be done for my father's inconvenience! Not even a gift card?! This man served his country and is now disabled and this is how Verizon chooses to treat disabled veterans? Shame on Verizon! They should be embarrassed for this service, or lack thereof. I'm sure the news would love to cover a story of blatant disrespect and apathy towards veterans! Run away, veterans, run far away from Verizon!

Original review: July 6, 2019

Not very happy with Verizon!! We transferred from Sprint to Verizon and took our phones with us and we were told that because we switched to Verizon and are porting our numbers we can each get a rebate, which we should get by June 19th. We got the rebate paperwork and turned it in, April 30th, I called them yesterday and they told me it would take up to 10 weeks to get the rebate. I got an email today saying there was a problem processing our rebates. So I contacted Verizon, they said because we brought our phone with us and are paying for it monthly we don't get the rebate!! So Verizon lied to us!! Very, very unhappy with Verizon!!!

Original review: July 6, 2019

Sold us a used iPhone when we paid for a new one!! 1st one we bought would not turn on after a week, took it back and they gave us what we thought was another new phone (paid for new one). 2nd one was fine for about 5 weeks (when the warranty period is over). Of course the battery runs out in only a day and not even being used once in that time. Buyers go anywhere else but here. I am contacting Verizon’s headquarters!!!

Original review: July 5, 2019

It took me 4 weeks plus hours of calling and three visits to the bank to resolve a billing issue. Verizon deduct an amount. The date was an error so they reversed it but the reversal showed up 4 days later and then I was charged two more times. I wrote to executive office who was incensed that I wrote to executive office. I spent another few hours and days going through it and a friend also looked. The error started with Verizon but they didn’t want to take ownership of initial mistake. Instead of being caring and seeing it was their initial error cause the same thing happened in June but I didn’t ask them to stop it!

Although resolved now the executive office was anything but sensitive and caring and I stead dismissive. I have been in retailing most of my life and regardless Amazon and BBB would never let a customer be disgruntled when it was their error and they tried to blame Chase. I am going to see if I can get rid of them. What horrible attitude. They could care less about customer. They just don’t want complaints! They really need to know good customer service so someone wants to continue to business with them! I don’t. I pray I find the right carrier.

Original review: July 4, 2019

I have been a customer for many years, but there's been a problem with me trying to make a payment, both on 06/25 and 07/03. It was reversed both times. Because of all this non-sense, I was being threatened with disconnection, through NO fault of my own. I have called countless times and gone into chat without ANY resolution. Instead, you all blame me or my bank. Stating the reversal was due to a closed bank account, which is FALSE. I pay ALL my OTHER bills using the same checking account without issues, only issue has been with your company. I did an investigation of my own by attempting to pay again, this time using my debit card which is LINKED to my checking account, that seems to have gone through, but it didn't through the checking account directly. This is beyond acceptable. All I have gotten are empty promises and lies since this issue began. You all pass the buck and don't accept responsibility, which is shameful!

Original review: July 4, 2019

There is only one account holder authorised to add or remove services to our account. We did not add safe wifi to our monthly bill, however it showed up. An extra 3.99 a month. It took some time to remove it from the account. I'm very upset that these things are added to my account without my knowledge. Also service drops all the time. And every other carrier has unlimited data except Verizon who charges an outrageous amount for a small amount of data.

Original review: July 4, 2019

I went to the Verizon store after calling for hours because I don't live in the same town. I couldn't reach them so I had to go in. When I did, I had one stipulation, I want a cheap phone that's under $100/more. I had no idea until a week later, the rep had lied to me through my entire visit. I believe he just wanted to get a sale on a certain phone. He said I had a free upgrade, he charged me an upgrade fee. He said my taxes would be roughly $60, they were 80. He said this was the best deal I could get for a photo and it absolutely was not. I come to find out I have to pay $270/mo for the phone he set me up with. These blatant lies have costed me so much in time and my own personal money.

When I called the "help" center for... they couldn't get a hold of the store either. They couldn't get their "expert team" on the line. When he finally got back to me, their only solution was for me to go in and get another phone. Wasting more of my time and money I simply don't have. This is absolutely appalling business practices. They remind me of Wells Fargo with how they try to take your money. A company who charges $1,000/ per phone selling millions of phones daily, shouldn't have to trick their customers in order to gain a sale. I cannot believe the actions taking place here.

Original review: July 1, 2019

So on Friday the 27th of June I paid a promise to pay. Well on the 28th they took out the other half which wasn't supposed to happen because I posted that I wanted it taken out the following week. So I called them and they did a refund. They told me to look at my account anywhere from 24-72 hours for it to be back in my bank. I looked this morning to see none of my money in my account so I called them. They tell me my refund was denied because it would make my account past due. Through this wait I didn't get no notification of them saying that the process was denied. No call, text, email nothing. So I'm broke, no gas, can't pay my other bills. Nothing. They tell me to contact my bank and I did. They said they would have to do an investigation which could take 15 days. This whole system is **. I'm pissed off and Verizon will hear from my lawyer and I will be changing services.

Original review: July 1, 2019

I purchased a phone from Verizon and as per the rep, he said I will always get assistance with any issue I may have. I'm having so many issues with this phone and no rep can help me with anything. I just keep on getting transferred and staying on hold and in the end not even being helped. This is sick and so annoying.

Original review: July 1, 2019

First off they accuse the customers of their loss of internet cause some friends and I play phone games and it just recently started in Wyoming and it hasn't happened before in the past couple of months. So I say don't go with this company.

Original review: June 30, 2019

So, a few years ago, they refused to send me paper bills anymore even though I requested them and asked for them multiple times. Initially, they were sending bills via email (which I couldn't access) and text. Then, it turned into one or the other, eventually was just text. Except the past two months, I did not receive a bill at all... Then they add late fees.... What crooks! You would think they could figure out their own communication system.

Original review: June 30, 2019

In the trucking Verizon ruled the coverage market until this past year. From what we noticed and I am talking about an industry wide awareness, Verizon must not have renewed contracts with AT&T and the other cell tower owners. Connectivity continues to deplete and fail in high volume areas. Like a busy highway, Truckstop or major city. I heard there will be bandwidth wars and it looks like it's right over the Verizon play on words.

Original review: June 29, 2019

I was having issues in an area I normally do not and called in to 611. They said I had to use a chat. They sent me a link and I tried twice to open ticket but could not get ticket open. I tried to call in again but was given chat. I was having issues connected to 911 and I was not able to leave voicemail on my child’s phone. They use to have people to talk to. A chat that keeps disconnecting and they never called me back is horrible customer service. For a company that charges more than competitors they should have the best customer service.

Verizon Home Phone Service expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Verizon Wireless is a subsidiary of Verizon Communications, which formed in 2000 when Bell Atlantic and GTE merged. Verizon Communications is a publically-traded company with headquarters in Basking Ridge, N.J. It offers cellular phone service through contract plans and unlimited prepaid plans for smartphones and basic phones.

• Features: Verizon’s prepaid plans come with many free features, including caller ID, call waiting, call forward, data alerts and three-way calling. Compatible phones also include voice mail, visual voicemail and mobile hotspot connectivity for free.

• Switch to monthly: Customers can use any phone purchased from Verizon for a prepaid plan if they decide to sign up for a monthly plan. This feature may appeal to those who need temporary service and may wish to return to a monthly, contract plan in the future.

• Canada and Mexico: All of Verizon’s prepaid plans for smartphones include unlimited text messages to mobile phones in Mexico and Canada. Customers can choose to add on minutes to place voice calls to Mexico and Canada or place international calls with a per-minute surcharge.

• Payment options: Customers can pay for service online or from their phone. They can also set up autopay so that their phones remain active. Although customers cannot simply make a payment in a Verizon store, they can purchase a refill card from a Verizon store and use that to refill their phone online.

• Next-day shipping: Customers who order a phone from Verizon to use with a prepaid plan receive free next-day shipping.

• Best for: Verizon is best for temporary users, business owners and budget-conscious customers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs