2.25/5

5611 Verizon Wireless Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

I called Verizon to have may prepaid cell phone activated, they opened an account and said that my phone should start working in about an hour. After not working for more than 24 hours, I called back and got the runaround from customer service. I then asked for a refund and they said they would call me back. I still have not received a call from them. DO NOT USE VERIZON FOR ANYTHING, they are a scam.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

Although not a '5 bar' signal, we had sufficient cellular service to contact local friends and neighbors to ensure all were safe following Hurricane Michael. We were able to contact remote friends and relatives to let them know we were well. We could combine efforts to locate generator fuel, food and water as needed. Even with no power for 179 hours, we were secure in our communication abilities to maintain that level of confidence that we were all well. 'Sufficient' service during an emergency situation provided great comfort. Thank you.

Get expert buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

Don't pay for the warranty on your phone. We have had 2 instances where a phone has been damaged and in both cases the warranty was worthless. Not only was the warranty worthless, but the people helping were worthless as well. One suggestion was to send the phone in for repair which would mean you would be without a phone for a week to 10 days. In a world where they have made phones your livelihood, that is literally impossible and truly unacceptable. Save the money you spend on the warranty and use it in the event you need a repair or replacement down the road.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2018

I don't bother to listen to other negative complaints and honestly I think it depends on where you live but I have been missing out all of these years I switched from AT&T to Cricket and now to Verizon. And I'm so glad I did because I purchased a new home and AT&T sucks for me. They refuse to provide a signal and will not build towers. I called the Verizon store in my city with questions and Blake ** was awesome. He give me his personal number so I could stay in touch with him and we set up an appointment later that day.

When I got there he was with another customer and informed me that he would be right with me and it did not take him long at once we greeted I told him I had an S9+ with AT&T that had been unlocked. He tried everything he could to make the phone work on their network but it just would not work. It was out of his control but he was extremely professional and very nice at trying to help. So I left the store and later that day when I got home I tried looking up reviews on it myself to see if it was compatible. I couldnt find anything on it so I went to the Verizon website and they have an online tool so when I put my IMEI number in it told me it was incompatible with their network so I thought to try another AT&T phone that I had the Galaxy Note 8.

I put that IMEI number in the online tool to check and it was successful. So the next day I went back into the store. I did not set up an appointment but I did stay in touch with Blake and I told him what may be the problem and he was very understanding and hated that it was incompatible. So when I went into the store this time I was greeted by John ** who was also very nice and professional. I told him I had talked to Blake and the problem I had previously and that I just wanted to try and get the Note 8 to work on the their network. He was very helpful. We ran into issues but he tried everything possible to take care of me.

He finally reached out to his advanced technical team because although it showed it was compatible it still would not show service on the phone. So after talking to the technical team they sent him an email on the procedures to take to get it to work. John informed me of those procedures and I was already familiar with them but it would require me to hook the phone into a computer. I was ok with that. He printed off the procedures and give it to me and told me to contact him after I was done and he would finalize the porting process over the phone whenever I was ready to just call him later that day and if it still did not work to just let him know and we could go from there.

Well later that day I called him back because that fixed the issue and I was so thankful. He was also very relieved so he ported my numbers over. I thanked him for all of his hard work and Im very appreciative of both of these professional young men. The service quality is excellent. I have never had services that have been this excellent. They may be a little more expensive but it's worth it. I have received services everywhere I have traveled so far even to my new home when I did not have a signal with my current provider and I only receive 2 bars with Verizon and I was worried about that at first. So I reached out to John about it and he said bars on Verizon doesnt matter how is the call quality and let me tell you he was so right.

I could hear him extremely well although it was only 1 to 2 bars. It wasnt in and out and could barely hear him like it is on AT&T where you have little to no coverage. It was like we were in the same room. I also tried the mobile internet and it was almost instantaneous. WOW. Way to go Verizon on customer service and treating your customers like we deserve to be treated. Now I know exactly why you are rated #1. You go out of your way to meet customers needs and the services are unmatched.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2018

I upgraded my phone and the rep sold me on a speaker for the new phone. It was suppose to be delivered to my house. Two months later it has not shown. I went to the store 4x's and called Verizon at least 3x's. They now say the speaker is at the store. I just want a refund, too much BS going on here. They blame each other and say they cant give me a refund.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Verizon Home Phone Service?

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

I've been with Verizon going on 2 years and have never had any issue with my phones. Just recently I cracked my screen and wanted to get it replaced so I called Verizon who then sent me to the insurance department. Got a claim started and was told to drop it off at a phone repair shop in town. I get there and the guy checking my phone in takes it and begins looking at it to see if anything else looked broken. All was good until he took out a little light and looked where the charger goes in and goes "Hmmm..." Then says, "Let me look at one more thing," and takes the Sim card out and looks in there and says, "Uh huh..." and starts to put my phone back in the case and hands it to me and says, "Sorry we can't fix it the screen, it looks as though there may be water damage to your phone."

I kindly say, "You're joking right?" Because I've never dropped my phone in water or anything and he goes, "No I'm sorry you're going to have to call Verizon and get a new phone." I walked out of that store thinking wow what the heck am I paying insurance for? So I call Verizon and see what I can do and the guy says, "Well you have 2 choices upgrade or pay your deductible of $200 and get a new phone." I told him there's no way in hell I'm staying with a company who in all reality just wants your money and to screw you over with insurance that doesn't pay for Crap! Not only is my screen not getting fixed but I have to deal with little shards of glass everytime I talk on my phone. I am truly disappointed in Verizon and the way they treat loyal customers. I will definitely be taking my business elsewhere... Those who are considering them read the reviews and turn away!!!

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

Verizon is involved in the violation of our fourth amendment rights, worldwide technocratic communism, gang stalking, and electronic harassment. I've been a Verizon customer for about 15 years since I lived in Utah and pretty much only Verizon customers can get service in Utah (I recently found out that is because Verizon is buddies with the NSA and FCC and the NSA had their biggest operations buildings in Utah as well). I was always happy with their service for the most part, but there have been some sketchy things happening...

About 5 years ago when I moved to another state, I wasn't receiving my replies to text messages in a timely manner and I was thinking everyone in my life was ignoring me. Then all of my text replies would come in at the same time in the same day. This happened about a dozen times within a year period. I asked those I texted and replied when they got my messages and when they replied and found out that the messages were being delayed for weeks, if not a month or more! During this year period, I was also experiencing dropped calls at suspicious times, like when I was having an important phone call or talking to someone while receiving emotional support.

I got my first smartphone 2 years ago and it was great service until I started working for an employer over a year and a half ago who also had Verizon service on their company devices. My service started getting so screwed up because Verizon was defaulting my personal phone to attempt to connect with all other devices around me, instead of giving me just basic service to load a page or send a message.

Even though I turned the context with other devices option off in my phone settings and turned off google location, it still got hardcore interference from other devices, and anything that runs on electricity, and window frames, and humans without cell phones moving around, and everything else, etc. There are large areas of Portland, Oregon in the middle of the busy city where Verizon just doesn't provide service to (and coincidentally it's the "ghetto" areas). When Verizon changed their voicemail system, I could not update my voicemail using their directions and eventually had to call customer service for help to set it up and change my passcode. The customer service rep was rude and made fun of my choice of passcode.

Months later, I had two days with no service and no explanation from Verizon customer service besides an attempt to gaslight me by saying their records didn't show any issues with my service. I've attempted to block calls and texts and mute conversations of people harassing/stalking me, but they always become unlocked/unmuted. During important phone calls (only), my reception would get really bad, I would only hear feedback and my own voice, and the people on the other end would say they hear strange noises and loud banging sounds, but not me talking. I HAD TO HIT MY PHONE TO GET APPS, WEB PAGES, AND ANYTHING TO WORK for the remainder of time owning that phone before Verizon made me beat it to death and shatter it into pieces.

After shattering my phone, I bought a new smartphone at Best Buy (since the Verizon store never has sales and only sells the most expensive devices), and immediately things started going crazy in my phone after I activated the Verizon text message+ app and had my conversations imported to the new phone. Verizon thought that granted them permission to let them screw with my contacts and start changing phone numbers.

About half of my contact numbers were changed by one digit, or ghosts that still existed, but were missing at the same time (the contacts would not show up when searched through both the contact list and recent call list, so I tried creating the contacts again and it told me that they already exist). Then I had another two days without service. I could not make or receive calls, except to/from my employer at the time who were harassing and threatening me with assault and Verizon would not let me block or mute them. I could not even call Verizon to make a payment during this time.

I kept getting the recording of the woman's voice telling me the call could not be completed as dialed and stating an error code set of numbers. When I could finally make a call to customer service, they told me that they once again didn't have a record of those errors, and when asked what the specific numbered error code I received meant, they told me that they couldn't tell me. I told them that I know they sleep with the NSA to mine data for the algorithm 5G Smartworld technocracy crap, but joke's on them if they can't provide me basic service for what I PAY for because I will smash my device and cancel my service with them. After that call, I got the best service I've had for years with them for about two weeks. Now I'm back to hitting my phone to get it to load pages/apps, etc and this is a new phone.

Whenever I leave a voicemail on another verizon user's phone and mention anything that seems to be pro Trump, Verizon immediately says the voicemail is deleted and will not let me continue recording a voicemail for the person I was calling. Verizon also recently bought Yahoo and I have a Yahoo email account that has been screwed with nearly since Verizon had taken over. I've tried deleting old contacts, emails and folders several times, but they keep popping back up, and I've also gotten a surge in spam mail. I also cannot get any service whatsoever within 100 feet of a Verizon store. WOW. Just wow.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

Verizon advertise clearly a $5 discount for Auto-Pay. I signed up for Auto-Pay but they consistently decline to apply the discount. This is despite several calls where the rep. promised that the discount would be applied from that point onwards. Next stop, the FCC.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

I pre-ordered a Google Pixel 3 recently with the intention of porting my phone number to Verizon when I received it. After 1 delivery attempt the phone was shipped back to Verizon. I called customer service, and after about 45 minutes on the phone they finally figured out there was nothing they could do to help me, I could not have them attempt to deliver it again, I couldn't have it held at FedEx for pickup, just SOL for some reason. For some reason during this call they decided to port my number to the phone that was sitting at FedEx somewhere on its way back to the Verizon warehouse, effectively leaving me without any phone service on my iPhone. This confusion cost me about 2-3 hours of my workday altogether.

After work I decide I'll go down to the Verizon store in town and just pick one up and that will be that. After waiting in line for an hour, they tell me nope, can't do it, not even in a separate transaction where I'm willing to pay the activation and taxes and whatever else I have already paid. The in store reps agree I have been screwed and hassled and just are left with no ability to use common sense and satisfy the customer because of corporate policy. They offered to connect my phone in my pocket to their network until I am credited with the return I did not choose to make, no thanks I'll stick with my garbage $25 a month prepaid before I ever give them a penny.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

Settings on iPhone changed. Researched & Verizon was the culprit. Not receiving voicemails & was waiting for a callback from the doctor. I could see calls coming in but no voicemails. Voicemail was being directed to our home phone and then direct to Comcast's landline voicemail. Yup. Called 611, could not even speak to a live human without putting in a pin number which we had never set up. Spent 3 hours on the phone, 3rd rep made situation worse, we could not even RECEIVE calls. I see this again & again. Companies put $$$ in keeping customers from resolving a problem. We are DONE and Verizon doesn't care.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

Four months ago I purchased a Pixel 2 XL and a Zagg screen protector with a lifetime warranty. The screen protector was 49.95 it broke the first time I dropped the phone. I drove to the local Verizon store and was told since I bought it online I would have to get the warranty replacement online. I contacted customer service and after over an hour and being transferred several times I was given an order number and told to return to the only local Verizon store for the replacement. I went to the store and was informed they were not a corporate store and directed to go back to the online customer service. The online customer service then said I would have to drive to the nearest corporate store a 130 mile round trip to take care of the screen protector I bought online.

After 54 minutes they told me I could go to Zagg.com and file a claim. I did that and for $10 shipping and handling they are sending me a replacement. I could buy a screen protector and have it shipped on Amazon that would probably work as well as the Zagg for about that price. In the future I will not buy phone accessories from Verizon.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

I HATE calling Verizon. When I tried calling Verizon because I have been locked out my Verizon app for entering the wrong pin ONCE. The app directed me to call a number to “unlock your account right away”. When I called, it was the same recording for everything else and said nothing about unlocking my account. I still can’t get into my account, and I’ve had Verizon for over 3 years and not once talked to a real human on the phone. Calling Verizon only brings frustration and anger. They do have pretty good coverage.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

Excuses not answers. My expectation as a consumer is to know the price of any particular item before I purchase. I also require this information when signing up for monthly commitments. That being said I find it extremely difficult to keep up with Verizon and their billing practices. As a consumer you are dependent upon Verizon agents to know and provide you with the correct information of the cell phone plans before we sign up. We are also dependent upon these Verizon workers when we or they make changes to plans or billing. The sad part about expecting a company and its workers to give correct information is: once that trust is broken it is hard to get it back. The trust I have for this company to make the right choices for me as far as my plans and billing is concerned is nowhere in sight.

Recently I was told by a customer service rep as well as a supervisor that prior agents were just putting band-aids on my billing problems not solving my original problems. My original request, which was not a problem in the beginning, was to move my account to an auto-pay option to receive a discount because who doesn't want to reduce a bill! Three months later still calling about the same recurring problem every month. (Although they have reduced my bill by $20 each time I called and said that the bill will have a discount of $20 from now on!) My point is Verizon could do better and should do better as far as their clients go and the information we receive. Stop promising to fix problems that become bigger in the end. Stop dangling discounts in front of consumers only to find out that they apply to a minimal amount. And one last thing, quit using your band-aid fix!! It is not fixing anything. It's making all problems worse.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

I’ve had Verizon wireless prepaid service for over four years. I had a situation where I needed my bill due date extended by just one day before I could pay the bill. Verizon did so much more for me. They credit my account and basically gave me a month free service. I never had a prepaid phone service care so much about the customer. This isn’t the first time Verizon helped me out. I will always be a Verizon customer. The service is great and the people that work there are professional and actually care.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

My family has three cell phones and an Apple Watch. We needed more data for a trip, so upgraded to unlimited. The bill is now $262.83/month. It would be nice to have the option to convert back to a cheaper non-unlimited plan, but once you're there, you can't go back. I could also got an employee discount on the old plan, but when I upgraded to unlimited ($55/month per line) the discount was discontinued. We have no cloud storage and spotty coverage. When Verizon decided to make cloud storage a pay feature, I lost the last pics I had of my mother before she died, and no way to get them back. I feel like I've been robbed. Nearly $300 in payments every month and don't even have a way to save photos.

They are way too expensive for what little you get. So, $262.83 per month for three cell phones and a watch with unlimited service until it slows down so much that it's practically unusable. Once our phones are paid for, we are off Verizon. Lowell McAdam Chairman and CEO of Verizon made $17,863,632 in salary in 2017. While I'm going broke trying to pay for three cell phones, he literally made millions. Makes me sick.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2018

Always had a bunch of extra charges here and there. Every time you call you get the run-a-round. Horrid customer service. If you've ever been to a Verizon store, you know what a waste that is. So tired of big companies like this running over people. I'd rather use an empty can with a string to make phone calls.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2018

Yesterday we (my wife and I) visited a Verizon store to buy a new battery for our Verizon Jetpack device. We were told Verizon stores don't sell batteries for their products. (?!) They told us to order online. We were leaving the country in less than 2 days and needed the battery right away; we told them that. They couldn't have cared less, and told us to try a well-known battery retail store. It was across town, and when we arrived the clerk took one look at our bulging, defunct battery and said "Let me guess. Verizon sent you!" They don't have the battery. We drive back to Verizon store, where I suggested to the manager that they might consider removing a battery from a new Jetpack for us to purchase.

They had them in the store. But he didn't like my idea, told me so in no uncertain terms. The situation went from bad to worse, and soon we were told to leave the store. Employees were largely apathetic and clueless; management was rude, arrogant and insulting. This particular store, and Verizon as a whole couldn't care less about customer service. We've been mostly trouble free customers since the early 1990s (never another provider) and now find ourselves treated like dirt. Shame on Verizon.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

Well I will start off by saying that Verizon Wireless is overrated. It’s a horrible company to do business with. Only thing this company cares about is making money. They could care less about the customers that they have. So it has been the most horrible as nightmare I have ever experience doing business with Verizon. It started off with me receiving a collection bill from the company Verizon who I was currently with and still currently with. So as you can imagine I was extremely surprised I was current on my Verizon Wireless.

So I contacted Verizon Wireless. It turns out one of the Verizon representative created a thing called sub account which occurred a balance for the same phone that I currently was paying for on a separate bill. Without my knowledge Verizon Wireless screwed up and created a sub account without my permission without my knowledge for a phone that had never been interrupted!! So I contact Verizon Wireless recovery department the person says pay $130 and we will remove this account from collection. So you can bet that I paid $130 right away, On the sub account that the Verizon wireless employee created.

Well after I made the payment. Verizon hits my credit report stating that I had outstanding balance and actually sent in to the collection it hit my credit report and took me down 121 points and I have good credit! Which was a lie. I had made the payment already to the Verizon wireless rep! She agreed to remove it from collection. September 30, 2018 Verizon wireless hits my credit report with a big lie stating that I had never pay their account and had an outstanding balance due. I wouldn’t recommend them to a dead man!!! SMH. Overrated, ripoff, high prices, poor customer service experience and professional. I love AT&T. You’re better off there. They have great customer service experience, resolve any matters that their customers have will go beyond to resolve an issue. Please, do yourself a favor and save yourself from headaches and future misery and go to AT&T Wireless please!!!

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

If it's one thing I hate the most it's when companies make it a huge inconvenience for me to pay my bill. I'm a new customer and I can't use the app to pay my bill and have to go out of my way to pay in cash.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

I am so tired of being overcharged by this company... 101.00 for a 3 device internet that rarely works...billing errors that take months to correct... I just ordered Cox. Customer service with Verizon sucked too. Go to Cox or get a Dish. You will be better off.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

Went to Verizon store and they couldn’t get the SIM card to activate. Asked me to call customer support and tech line and I did. They transferred me to Telesales and I was told by the Rep that I must pay the first payment for the sim to work. She then changed the number that I was given at the Verizon store to a new number and I gave her my card number but before I did I asked her specifically, "If the sim doesn’t work will you reimburse my card?" She said yes and I asked, "Are you sure?" She said yes. So I preceded with the transaction. After payment was made the SIM card didn’t work. She then stated that the tech support needed to take a look at it with even me saying ok she transferred me. Tech support can not get the SIM card to activate either so I then asked for my card to be reimbursed. Of course he said customer service has to reimburse it so transferred me to customer service.

After 30 minutes of back and forth they can’t reimburse my card either. She said telesales has to reimburse it so I speak to telesales and of course they say customers service has to do the reimbursement. After talking to customer service again and telling her how Verizon Rep lied and stole my money they hung up. To Verizon CEO, President, CFO your company is a rip off. I’ve switched to ATT immediately tonight and will never use your service again and will totally bash your name with anyone that I know. Your company stole from me and I am highly pissed that you allow this type of treatment to your customers and to me. I’ve been with Verizon for over 10 years and will never get another dime of my money!!!

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

It has been a nightmare from the beginning. The reps/techs are as incompetent and unprofessional as they come. We ended up having to install and learn how to use the equipment with no assistance from Verizon. Verizon had our phones disconnected from our old provider days before we had even received their equipment which left my clients with no way to reach me. Equipment has to be restarted at least once or twice a month to get phone functions to work correctly. Also have to log in to Verizon business portal to manually change settings that apparently a “ghost” has modified from the previous day (I specify a ghost because neither myself and supposedly nor Verizon has changed any of the settings of my phone functions.) They do not provide appropriate data plans for businesses (we have unlimited data but after 15gb of use, system is so slow we cannot even send a fax).

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

I was told I had a travel pass, when I traveled to Ireland. I was careful to only use my phone and iPad when I was on WiFi at the hotels. When I got home, I was billed $75 for international use. I called customer service when I got the bill. I was told that hotel WiFi must of been weak, so cell data kicked in. I told them This was just their way of charging me more money. So I cancelled my cell phone service. My iPad was connected then the phone. Once the phone was shut down my data plan on iPad stopped working. I then get a bill for 50.08 for data service on iPad.

I called and told them, "My iPad only works with WiFi so why are you charging me for a service that is disconnected." They said that my contract still has 4 months to go, so I will have to pay 50.08 for 4 months plus $90 for disconnecting. I was paying $10 per month for iPad, but because I shut down my phone, they increased my bill to $50.08. Keep in mind They want me to pay for a service that no longer works on my iPad. Stay away from Verizon. Lesson learned!

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

I purchased 07/05/2018 phone with line from Costco Verizon Kiosk. I don't like service and return everything 07/18/2018. They give me final receipt. They said closed account. I got debt collector mail 09/28/2018 amount of $77.15 for Verizon wireless account. I called Verizon customer service. They couldn't find account. They told me it's better talk to Collector Agent. I go to Costco Verizon Kiosk. They told me they are third partied. They cannot help it out and they told me it's better talk to corporate store in Paramus, NJ. I talked them. They say I should talk collector agent. I called collector agent in Verizon Store. They told me I did not pay activation fee amount of $32.15 and I ask why bill shows $77.15. They told me they don't know and she suggest pay $32.15 and I paid after 3 months even closed account. Worst experience with big company such as Verizon.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2018

If you want to get deceived and then dismissed then this is the place for you! I have been with Verizon for many years. No complaints until now! I went to this store with my husband to upgrade our phones last weekend. We asked if there were any specials on iPhone and the sales rep said no! We then settled for an iPhone X and iPhone 8 Plus because that was all our budget would allow. Come to find out there was actually a deal! There was a promotion for but one iPhone XS and get the other 700 off!

I called today to complain to Verizon asking them to please honor that promotion and guess what? They said, "No ma'am. The promotion is over. There is nothing you can do." I then explained that the promotion was still going when we upgraded our phones. Long story short she said I was ** out of luck! I mean really? There were no advertisements in the store and the sales rep said there were no promotions. Excuse me for going along with that. So now a multimillion dollar company doesn’t have to lose a dime because I’m ** out of luck. Actually they made more money because I didn’t get the promotion! This is not right. Go to AT&T maybe they are honest.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

We were on auto draft. Our bill was the same amount every month and was deducted without any trouble. The account being used got hacked and the bank shut it down and reopened another account. We notified Verizon of the changes. That was in July and our account has been messed up since then! All we needed to do was changed the account info. They drafted the money before they were supposed to creating overdrafts! They returned that money, but added unexplained charges. This saga goes on and on and on. I am 1 phone call away from disconnecting my service. I was so happy with Verizon, but I now feel that they are as crooked as AT&T. I'm sorry to say that I would not recommend Verizon.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

All I wanted to do was pay my bills. It took 3 hours! A dropped call and multiple people to "fix it". I was guaranteed that it was finally paid and no lines would disconnect and lo and behold 200$ later my phone's off!

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

My Verizon order was placed on Oct 1, 2018. I can't get the receipt to convert to jpg or similar. I placed an overnight order for Verizon's Gizmo for my mom while she is in rehab for a stroke through Verizon's secure chat line. When I read my email from Verizon tonight it stated that my order was under review. When I asked why I was told because my order appeared to be fraudulent. I was told that I could only have my order if I gave them my driver's license number or passport, proof of address, and some other forms of ID. I refused to do that and was told my order would be canceled if I did not comply.

To add insult to injury Verizon has taken my money from my bank account and my bank can do nothing to get it back without waiting a reasonable amount of time to start a legal dispute. I have done online business for years and never been accused of fraud or had the money removed from my account without the order being shipped. I need my money back immediately. PS. In order to receive this information I was put on hold altogether for at least two hours.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

Horrible, in every aspect. Billing poor format. Very difficult to understand. Customer service no one finishes anything they tell you they are going to do. You have to call back to get things done. No one takes notes. You have to repeat everything sometimes 3 or 4 times. Incompetent employees or extremely poor training. They have no idea what they are doing. No follow up on what they say they are doing. Was with Sprint for many years - no problems, competent employees, very helpful. Verizon cannot kiss Sprint's boots. Verizon is a complete failure to its customers. They do not care. Horrible, incompetent employees and company.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

Don't bother trying to call Verizon's customer support number. If my experience is common they will leave you on hold for more than an hour while playing obnoxious music that will eventually drive you insane enough to want to throw your phone against a wall.

Verizon Home Phone Service expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Verizon Wireless is a subsidiary of Verizon Communications, which formed in 2000 when Bell Atlantic and GTE merged. Verizon Communications is a publically-traded company with headquarters in Basking Ridge, N.J. It offers cellular phone service through contract plans and unlimited prepaid plans for smartphones and basic phones.

• Features: Verizon’s prepaid plans come with many free features, including caller ID, call waiting, call forward, data alerts and three-way calling. Compatible phones also include voice mail, visual voicemail and mobile hotspot connectivity for free.

• Switch to monthly: Customers can use any phone purchased from Verizon for a prepaid plan if they decide to sign up for a monthly plan. This feature may appeal to those who need temporary service and may wish to return to a monthly, contract plan in the future.

• Canada and Mexico: All of Verizon’s prepaid plans for smartphones include unlimited text messages to mobile phones in Mexico and Canada. Customers can choose to add on minutes to place voice calls to Mexico and Canada or place international calls with a per-minute surcharge.

• Payment options: Customers can pay for service online or from their phone. They can also set up autopay so that their phones remain active. Although customers cannot simply make a payment in a Verizon store, they can purchase a refill card from a Verizon store and use that to refill their phone online.

• Next-day shipping: Customers who order a phone from Verizon to use with a prepaid plan receive free next-day shipping.

• Best for: Verizon is best for temporary users, business owners and budget-conscious customers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs