1.6/5 (434 ratings)

About Verizon Wireless

Verizon sells phones and phone plans across the United States. With stores and cell towers in every state, Verizon’s widespread reach allows customers to call, text or use data almost anywhere. Verizon customers can buy products from Apple, Samsung, Google and other phone manufacturers. The company also offers discounts for military members and first responders.

Pros

• 5G available in some areas
  • Discounts on multiple lines
  • Mix & match unlimited plans
  • Parental control app

Cons

• Prices are higher for fewer lines
  • 5G not available in all areas

Bottom Line

Verizon offers a wide range of cellular service plans for customers who use their devices in different ways. Though prices might be higher than other providers, the level of service and extra features make Verizon stand out.

Top Verizon Wireless Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

The manager David, at the Delmont PA - Verizon Wireless store, is awesome. I had an issue and he went above and beyond to resolve my problem… I have never had a service provided b...

Verified

I get excellent coverage here where others with other companies are not so fortunate. Prices are competitive and the selection of phones is excellent. I have had Verizon for 7 yea...

What is Verizon Unlimited?

Verizon is a cellular service provider based in the United States. Verizon Unlimited plans offer five levels of service that you can mix and match. All Unlimited plans include coverage in Mexico and Canada and have no roaming charges in the U.S. Verizon Unlimited’s five plans are:

• Start Unlimited works on 4G and includes talk, text and data. It includes 480p video streaming.
  • Play More Unlimited includes 5G access (for compatible phones) and is suitable for music and video streaming. The plan comes with 25 GB of premium data, unlimited mobile hotspot use and HD video streaming.
  • Do More Unlimited includes premium data and has 5G access, 50 GB of mobile hotspot use and 500 GB of cloud storage.
  • Get More Unlimited works on 5G and includes HD video streaming, 75 GB of premium data and unlimited mobile hotspots with 30 GB.
  • Just Kids Unlimited can be added to any other unlimited plan. It comes with 5 GB of data, unlimited talk and text to 20 contacts, 480p video streaming, safety mode, content filters and location tracking.

All of Verizon Unlimited’s plans include a free six-month subscription to Apple Music and a one-year subscription to Disney Plus.

How does Verizon smart family work?

Verizon Smart Family is a companion app that gives you parental controls to help manage your kids’ smartphone use. You can add the service to eligible Verizon accounts, including unlimited plans. Just Kids Unlimited comes with Smart Family. You can use an app on your device to:

• Filter content
  • Monitor and limit calls, texts and purchases
  • Monitor internet use
  • Pause internet access
  • Track another device’s location

Content filters with Smart Family let you block websites and apps by category or manually block specific sites. You can also control the filters for specific family members. For texts and calls, Smart Family lets you see and monitor incoming and outgoing activity, but you can’t read texts or listen to calls.

Smart Family also creates a graph that shows your child’s online activity and website use. You can set time restrictions and limits for purchases billed directly to your Verizon account via carrier billing.

Verizon family plan prices

Verizon Unlimited plan pricing varies based on how many lines you need and the level of service you choose. Start Unlimited for four lines is $35 per month per line. Two lines of Start Unlimited costs $60 per month per line.

Play More Unlimited and Do More Unlimited are both $45 for four lines; Get More is $55 for four lines. Add Just Kids to any unlimited line for $35. All plans incur additional taxes and fees.

Verizon Wireless FAQ

Can I use Verizon Wireless for home internet?
Verizon offers Fios home internet plans in some areas. You can also use your Verizon mobile hotspot to connect to the internet at home, but hotspot data is limited.
Is Verizon Wireless the best carrier?
Whether Verizon Wireless is the best carrier for you depends on your needs and budget. The company offers flexibility in plans, 5G coverage in some areas (with more added regularly) and reliability. Features include Disney Plus and Apple Music. Customer service is available 24/7.
Is Verizon home Internet unlimited?
Verizon Fios home internet plans come in three data speeds with no limits on usage.
Does Verizon have 24/7 customer service?
Verizon customer service is available 24/7.

Is Verizon Unlimited worth it?

For customers who are looking for a wireless provider with multiple plans and customizable family options, Verizon Wireless is definitely an option to consider. Its Just Kids Unlimited add-on makes it appealing to parents, and, with high data usage options, it’s an ideal choice for large families or avid internet users.

Verizon Wireless Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Verizon Wireless?

Original review: Dec. 8, 2021

I noticed a day before I was supposed to go to Hawaii (and still work) that my phone was no longer sending or accepting Text Messages. I panicked as I didn't want to miss a beat while I was away from the office. I went to the kiosk and was lucky enough to get Nick one of the best customer service reps I have ever met. Luckily he had heard of this before but couldn't fix it himself so he called IT/customer service on the phone and tried to tell them what they needed to do however they wanted him to try a half dozen other things first.

Once he did that we got disconnected. When he called back of course we got someone new. Explained the situation with them for some time until they did what he suggested and what do you know it worked. It only took an hour on the phone with customer service but he knew what he was talking about all along. I left there super relieved that it was working once again and just in time to catch my flight that evening. While we were waiting for Customer Service there was another man there praising Nick for working a miracle on his phone as well. We asked him if we could buy him lunch as he was a huge lifesaver for both of us and he declined graciously. I thought the least I could do is give him a shout-out on here and let Verizon know how lucky they are to have him as an employee. This was on 11/18/2021.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2021

My New Phone Experience: (iPhone Pro13 Max) It’s not every day that you get a new phone, in my case it's been 5-years, and going from an Android to a iPhone, I have to admit my anxiety. I would like to start with the entrance of going into the Verizon building on Rt6 Gar Highway Swansea Ma. (fragrance)! It’s like going to a Fine Dining Resturant (that initial feeling- clean- & a great start).

My sales person ** has a passion for what he does and with no question, knows his stuff. Professional and Courteous! I ask a lot of questions, as a matter of fact I brought my checklist. Everything checked, and transfer complete. What a relief and I love this phone. My first call, to my granddaughter who couldn't wait to talk, even better Facetime her Papa! I honestly can't say enough about Verizon after 23 years as a customer. And Kudos to my main man **, you made my day, and yes, I highly recommend this store if you are going to upgrade. Five Stars and more. Thank you

Tom **

Get buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2021

I discovered that my phone screen was broken around 8am this morning. I logged into the "My Verizon" app and reported the cracked screen for repair. They sent a technician to my house (Convenient) to do the repair on site. The technician arrived at 1230, just 4.5 hours after I reported this issue (Quick). The technician was extremely polite, very respectful, and took on the task without issues (Professional). I am amazed at the service provided for the warranty protection and I can certainly say that from my experience, this was a very great way to support the customers. Great job to all involved and I appreciate the very fast response as I am now back to enjoying my phone without the crack in the screen.

Original review: June 26, 2021

The Customer Care employee I had the pleasure to talk to today, referring to some internet issues I was having, was the best I've ever had. His name was Mike and he was kind, understanding and he listened. Which is a rarity because of the numerous Customer service people I have talked to from many companies, most either are or at least act like they are stupid. For example, asking a question to which the answer was already given is the most common (and extremely aggravating) thing that most Customer service people do. If I would have met this gentleman in person rather than him being the Customer service person I was needing to talk to in order to attempt to resolve the issue, I have no doubt that he and I would have become great friends.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2021

I called into Verizon today literally in tears over my bill! I asked for management immediately as I had called several times about my issue in the past to no avail. I spoke with Shantelle. She listened to me cry as I explained my situation. Before anything else she made sure I was ok and spoke to me in calm voice. Once I was ok she went on to address my issues. So many times she assured me it would be ok. She took care of every single issue and even a few I myself didn't see! I truly felt cared about by the end of our conversation. She definitely changed my feelings. I didn't feel like just a phone number. She acknowledged I was a person. Maybe to some that may seem silly but these days it's hard to find people that like their jobs and care the way she did. I praise her management skills and feel like she should be recognized. Thank you so much!!!

Original review: Jan. 23, 2022

It took me a week of several trips to the Verizon stores, rabbit trails, confusing sign in which were complicated and useless. Hours waiting for chat service to start. 10 minutes of wait time between each question and many times they would ask the same question over and over again. It looked like they did not know what they were doing. I always felt like Verizon was the class act of the phone/wireless carriers, but my experience has literally been a nightmare. They have no way to check your phone for defects. I had to carry my phone to an outside phone repair place where they told me in 30 seconds what was wrong. And it still took 2 more days with Verizon to get the ball rolling. Unbelievable experience. Wish this on no one.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2022

I have been trying to connect to Verizon Wireless customer service for the past 2 weeks with no luck. I have been on hold for over an hour at times before I finally hang up. This is extremely unacceptable. This is one of the reasons I want to cancel my service yet I can’t. And they can’t blame this on Covid, all they have to do is answer the phone!!!

Original review: Jan. 21, 2022

Sure, on 11/10/2021 I tried to transfer to Verizon from T-mobile with promotion by Verizon if we ported our numbers in at Apple Store. Everything initiated ok and my phone with line ending in ** went through smoothly. The issue began with my wife's and daughter's approval as Verizon customer service agent declared my state issued driver's license to be unauthentic. We spent hours at store trying to clear it up, I felt the need to contact police officer working outside store to authenticate my ID. We weren't able to resolve the issue and about 4 hours had passed until the closing of store.

I contacted Verizon next day and had the need to go back to the store where we spent hours again trying to synchronize all of our lines on same date after a terrible embarrassing and uncomfortable experience with Verizon customer service agents and supervisors from even fraud department. I was compelled to write corporate after escalated issue to upper management wasn't successful and my personal phone line was currently activated without the rest of my family's lines inactive or unable to transfer over.

I don't know if it's a tactic to not be able to obtain promotion or not but it caused my bill to be prorated to an unreasonable amount and caused a very unpleasant never experienced before situation with myself and family. I haven't received any updates on promotion and have resubmitted asked for documentation. I sincerely hope no other customer has to go through such experience as it is a very insulting and degrading situation.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2022

I have had Verizon for 7 years. My refurbished phone was paid off 2 years ago. When I reached out online to make an appointment to upgrade, and get a new phone, I couldn't even schedule an appointment because the scheduler on the website was broke. I kept checking back in and calling to no avail. Put on hold twice for over an hour. Luckily this gave me time to review what I was actually paying for, and compare with other services. Turns out I was paying $166/mo for one paid off refurbished phone and service for just this one line! Within minutes of calling Spectrum, I got their top phone with top service for $80/mo. I wish I could leave negative stars lol and be reimbursed for all those years of paying for nothing.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2022

I purchased a new phone from Verizon. However, I realized after one day that I could not receive telephone calls. I could not call out unless I restarted the phone. I went to the store twice to no avail. Finally, I scheduled an appt. The appt. was canceled. After contacting customer service online, I was sent another phone except the phone is "Like New" not a new phone. I paid for a new phone and received a used phone.

Verizon Wireless Company Information