3.1/5 (1163 ratings)

About Verizon Wireless

Verizon sells phones and phone plans across the United States. With stores and cell towers in every state, Verizon’s widespread reach allows customers to call, text or use data almost anywhere. Verizon customers can buy products from Apple, Samsung, Google and other phone manufacturers. The company also offers discounts for military members and first responders.

Pros

• 5G available in some areas
  • Discounts on multiple lines
  • Mix & match unlimited plans
  • Parental control app

Cons

• Prices are higher for fewer lines
  • 5G not available in all areas

Bottom Line

Verizon offers a wide range of cellular service plans for customers who use their devices in different ways. Though prices might be higher than other providers, the level of service and extra features make Verizon stand out.

Top Verizon Wireless Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

The manager David, at the Delmont PA - Verizon Wireless store, is awesome. I had an issue and he went above and beyond to resolve my problem… I have never had a service provided b...

Verified

I get excellent coverage here where others with other companies are not so fortunate. Prices are competitive and the selection of phones is excellent. I have had Verizon for 7 yea...

What is Verizon Unlimited?

Verizon is a cellular service provider based in the United States. Verizon Unlimited plans offer five levels of service that you can mix and match. All Unlimited plans include coverage in Mexico and Canada and have no roaming charges in the U.S. Verizon Unlimited’s five plans are:

• Start Unlimited works on 4G and includes talk, text and data. It includes 480p video streaming.
  • Play More Unlimited includes 5G access (for compatible phones) and is suitable for music and video streaming. The plan comes with 25 GB of premium data, unlimited mobile hotspot use and HD video streaming.
  • Do More Unlimited includes premium data and has 5G access, 50 GB of mobile hotspot use and 500 GB of cloud storage.
  • Get More Unlimited works on 5G and includes HD video streaming, 75 GB of premium data and unlimited mobile hotspots with 30 GB.
  • Just Kids Unlimited can be added to any other unlimited plan. It comes with 5 GB of data, unlimited talk and text to 20 contacts, 480p video streaming, safety mode, content filters and location tracking.

All of Verizon Unlimited’s plans include a free six-month subscription to Apple Music and a one-year subscription to Disney Plus.

How does Verizon smart family work?

Verizon Smart Family is a companion app that gives you parental controls to help manage your kids’ smartphone use. You can add the service to eligible Verizon accounts, including unlimited plans. Just Kids Unlimited comes with Smart Family. You can use an app on your device to:

• Filter content
  • Monitor and limit calls, texts and purchases
  • Monitor internet use
  • Pause internet access
  • Track another device’s location

Content filters with Smart Family let you block websites and apps by category or manually block specific sites. You can also control the filters for specific family members. For texts and calls, Smart Family lets you see and monitor incoming and outgoing activity, but you can’t read texts or listen to calls.

Smart Family also creates a graph that shows your child’s online activity and website use. You can set time restrictions and limits for purchases billed directly to your Verizon account via carrier billing.

Verizon family plan prices

Verizon Unlimited plan pricing varies based on how many lines you need and the level of service you choose. Start Unlimited for four lines is $35 per month per line. Two lines of Start Unlimited costs $60 per month per line.

Play More Unlimited and Do More Unlimited are both $45 for four lines; Get More is $55 for four lines. Add Just Kids to any unlimited line for $35. All plans incur additional taxes and fees.

Verizon Wireless FAQ

Can I use Verizon Wireless for home internet?
Verizon offers Fios home internet plans in some areas. You can also use your Verizon mobile hotspot to connect to the internet at home, but hotspot data is limited.
Is Verizon Wireless the best carrier?
Whether Verizon Wireless is the best carrier for you depends on your needs and budget. The company offers flexibility in plans, 5G coverage in some areas (with more added regularly) and reliability. Features include Disney Plus and Apple Music. Customer service is available 24/7.
Is Verizon home Internet unlimited?
Verizon Fios home internet plans come in three data speeds with no limits on usage.
Does Verizon have 24/7 customer service?
Verizon customer service is available 24/7.

Is Verizon Unlimited worth it?

For customers who are looking for a wireless provider with multiple plans and customizable family options, Verizon Wireless is definitely an option to consider. Its Just Kids Unlimited add-on makes it appealing to parents, and, with high data usage options, it’s an ideal choice for large families or avid internet users.

Verizon Wireless Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Verizon Wireless?

Original review: Dec. 8, 2021

I noticed a day before I was supposed to go to Hawaii (and still work) that my phone was no longer sending or accepting Text Messages. I panicked as I didn't want to miss a beat while I was away from the office. I went to the kiosk and was lucky enough to get Nick one of the best customer service reps I have ever met. Luckily he had heard of this before but couldn't fix it himself so he called IT/customer service on the phone and tried to tell them what they needed to do however they wanted him to try a half dozen other things first.

Once he did that we got disconnected. When he called back of course we got someone new. Explained the situation with them for some time until they did what he suggested and what do you know it worked. It only took an hour on the phone with customer service but he knew what he was talking about all along. I left there super relieved that it was working once again and just in time to catch my flight that evening. While we were waiting for Customer Service there was another man there praising Nick for working a miracle on his phone as well. We asked him if we could buy him lunch as he was a huge lifesaver for both of us and he declined graciously. I thought the least I could do is give him a shout-out on here and let Verizon know how lucky they are to have him as an employee. This was on 11/18/2021.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2021

My New Phone Experience: (iPhone Pro13 Max) It’s not every day that you get a new phone, in my case it's been 5-years, and going from an Android to a iPhone, I have to admit my anxiety. I would like to start with the entrance of going into the Verizon building on Rt6 Gar Highway Swansea Ma. (fragrance)! It’s like going to a Fine Dining Resturant (that initial feeling- clean- & a great start).

My sales person ** has a passion for what he does and with no question, knows his stuff. Professional and Courteous! I ask a lot of questions, as a matter of fact I brought my checklist. Everything checked, and transfer complete. What a relief and I love this phone. My first call, to my granddaughter who couldn't wait to talk, even better Facetime her Papa! I honestly can't say enough about Verizon after 23 years as a customer. And Kudos to my main man **, you made my day, and yes, I highly recommend this store if you are going to upgrade. Five Stars and more. Thank you

Tom **

Get buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2021

I discovered that my phone screen was broken around 8am this morning. I logged into the "My Verizon" app and reported the cracked screen for repair. They sent a technician to my house (Convenient) to do the repair on site. The technician arrived at 1230, just 4.5 hours after I reported this issue (Quick). The technician was extremely polite, very respectful, and took on the task without issues (Professional). I am amazed at the service provided for the warranty protection and I can certainly say that from my experience, this was a very great way to support the customers. Great job to all involved and I appreciate the very fast response as I am now back to enjoying my phone without the crack in the screen.

Original review: June 26, 2021

The Customer Care employee I had the pleasure to talk to today, referring to some internet issues I was having, was the best I've ever had. His name was Mike and he was kind, understanding and he listened. Which is a rarity because of the numerous Customer service people I have talked to from many companies, most either are or at least act like they are stupid. For example, asking a question to which the answer was already given is the most common (and extremely aggravating) thing that most Customer service people do. If I would have met this gentleman in person rather than him being the Customer service person I was needing to talk to in order to attempt to resolve the issue, I have no doubt that he and I would have become great friends.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2021

I called into Verizon today literally in tears over my bill! I asked for management immediately as I had called several times about my issue in the past to no avail. I spoke with Shantelle. She listened to me cry as I explained my situation. Before anything else she made sure I was ok and spoke to me in calm voice. Once I was ok she went on to address my issues. So many times she assured me it would be ok. She took care of every single issue and even a few I myself didn't see! I truly felt cared about by the end of our conversation. She definitely changed my feelings. I didn't feel like just a phone number. She acknowledged I was a person. Maybe to some that may seem silly but these days it's hard to find people that like their jobs and care the way she did. I praise her management skills and feel like she should be recognized. Thank you so much!!!

Original review: Jan. 28, 2022

SCAM and Modern-day ROBBERS! I have spent days and hours trying to get an insurance plan to fix our phones. I want to cancel all insurance and get a reimbursement. They gave me a run around for nearly four hours. Then when I asked for a supervisor when no one was capable of giving me straight answers- I continued to get disconnected and transferred. My time is too valuable to deal with this and I guess that is what they count on. How many times do I call and get hung up on and disconnected and then they do not call me. THEY HAVE the NUMBER that I pay a good penny for every month!!!

Original review: Jan. 27, 2022

I needed to replace my old phone and got this one Galaxy A51 5G UW BLUE 128GB. From the very start the phone did not work. It took forever for them to replace the phone. It worked for months and then it stopped, just like before. They are sending another replacement phone. They don't work and Verizon keeps selling them.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2022

I moved to an area with better Verizon coverage than AT&T, so I switched to Verizon and got new phones. I owned my AT&T phones so traded them into Verizon. Verizon appraised them for around the going rate for trade ins. So I mailed my S20 Gray phone and my Green iPhone 12 Mini to Verizon. First problem was that Verizon said the gray phone was actually a blue phone and since it was blue appraised for $15 less. Of course, they're wrong; it's an AT&T phone and based on the IMEI number they told me was on the phone I sent them, AT&T says that phone is gray.

The major problem is that they are not giving me they told me I would get. I've spent hours on the phone and chat with their reps who give me the run around. I've had a "ticket" created in their system that was supposed to be resolved weeks ago. Every time I chat or call I ask for the status of the ticket and it takes about 30 minutes for the chat/phone rep to ask me the same questions that are all supposed to be answered in the ticket, then not give me the status of the ticket but tell me I need to wait longer. It's been 4 months and no credit and no progress. I've come to believe that either Verizon just doesn't want to credit my account the measly $500 they said they would or all their chat and phone reps I've dealt with are inept. One or the other must be true.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2022

When I spoke to the sales rep to start service with Verizon they gave me two promotions, one was the buy a phone get the other free and the other was turn in your old phone and you get 800 and 400 for an older phone. Turns out that they can only do one promotion they gave me the buy one get one free, I had already sent two phones to Verizon, they did not give me the promised amount instead they gave me retail price for an iPhone 11 $260 and an iPhone 7 $ 11 way less than what they promised. Verizon will not return my phones and will not give the amount they promised. My bill is very high because of it. The sales rep gave me way less monthly price and now I am stuck with this Company who is a thief and does not care for they customers. I regret switching to them. I could have sold the phones for more on my own. Extremely disappointed they do not seem to care for what has happened.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2022

Quality customer service is an issue with Verizon CEO, CFO, Board and whoever else makes their decisions!! Then trains the employees the same! When a phone is purchased, no longer does the employee take the time to show how to use it unless asked. (hopefully) They expect everyone to know. The instruction are lacking. Can be found online! Not everyone has online access! Customers need to be asked if they have online access or help to set up phone and instructions to use it.

My brother does not have a computer and lives 80 miles away. The store he purchased it from is 45 miles away. I went into Verizon today to see if they could bring up their computer and print out the instructions. Nooooo. They do not offer that service!!! So I have to buy the ink and more paper to print out 70+ pages of how to use and set up phone. The phone had a total 4 pages with. Far cry from what is online.!! Then my brother has to drive here so we can go through the instructions and set his phone up. Then he will be able to take the instructions home. The phone will not make a call out on it!! Something else the employee needs to do prior to allowing the phone to leave the store!!

Verizon Wireless Company Information