1.59/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

5818 Verizon Wireless Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 20, 2019

I have been with Verizon for over 12 years and until recently I have been very satisfied with their service. That is why I stayed with them so long, even though they have been the most expensive. But for the past 5 months I've only been able to receive a very unsatisfactory percentage of calls (This is my business phone). I have been through customer service representative as well as their tier 2 technicians. They've run tests after tests, I've reset and factory reset. They've sent a replacement phone, all without resolving the problem. Today I called and again the same protocol, except this time the tier 2 technician asked what problems I have and as I was there explaining their phone disconnected. I know it was theirs because I was speaking to them from a landline. I guess it's time to switch!

Original review: March 19, 2019

I got approved by Verizon for a phone, tablet and a jetpack. I was happy with that. I'm a OTR truck driver so I was on the phone with Verizon representative to help me set up for the account so I can see the bill on my tablet. He told me that he also can set it up for my girlfriend to be added to the account since she helps me paid my bills when I get paid so nothing would be late. As we talked more about it he also said that he can also get her a phone as well and have it sent to her address instead of the address of my mom's, which is the address on my license.

So the next day my girlfriend and I was talking, we both thought it was a good idea to protect our investment so she paid on a card for the accessories, the screen protective covers and the cases to prevent them from getting damaged. Well would you know it Verizon decided that it was suspicious and turned it over to the fraud department. So they emailed me and I called them to get everything situated and cleared up they then said it was all taken care of. Well it wasn't, so I called back again then they needed proof of address, okay.

One I'm a OTR truck driver. I live in my truck so there for I don't have the following: a lease, a light bill, a car registration (I don't have a car), voter registration. I live in my truck for God's sake. I'm not going to have them type of bills. So the lady told me that I got 72 hours to get registered to vote and provide them with a copy. There's a problem I'm from NC voter registration is the same as the driver's license. You go in you get a paper license and then they mail you the hard copy. It's all the same. The phone bill ain't due so that ain't a excuse. So now I'm without service just because I don't have a voter registration. So why should I go out and pay all that extra money for a place that I won't ever go to waste of money. This is definitely not right at all.

Get expert buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: March 19, 2019

For 18 and a half hours (so far) I've been without a phone. Now this may not be such a bad thing if I were 16, and all I had to worry about was a pissed off girlfriend that couldn't get a hold of me. No, I'm a small business owner who couldn't reach ANY of his vendors today, nor could they reach me. I dealt away with a landline years ago, as I'm always on the go. Come to find out, Verizon scheduled tower maintenance today with absolutely no warning to customers. As a result, I missed out on 3 bids! This is how I support my family and household, and really don't like the fact that it was interrupted with no warning, or way of a plan B. I get the fact that it has to be done. But having some way of letting people know that this is in fact gonna happen, so they can in fact have some other option, wouldn't be such a bad idea. Cheers Verizon, and thanks for the sandpaper today...???

Original review: March 17, 2019

I ordered a Gizmo Watch for my daughter (whom is special needs) on the 6th, spent 200.00 paid in full for the watch. Received it on the 8th. Was on the phone with tech support for several hours troubleshooting, Watch did not work so they told me I could go to the corp store that was 30 miles from me and get a replacement. I drove there on the 9th (the service in the store was very poor). So, I left the store thinking that the watch was in working order. Did some shopping. After getting home put it on charge for the night. On the 10th I left for work and tried to call the phone several times throughout the day to no avail. It would not take calls nor would it call out.

After getting home about 3:45 pm I called tech support again and again was on the line with them for several hours... The watch would not pair so again I went back to the store on the 12th to get help and all he did was try to refreshed it and so it's working and sent me on my way after he put the phone back in the box. As I was walking out the door the top came open and the watch fell out and YES broke. I walked back in and he said, "No problem. You have insurance and you can pay 20.00 and get a replacement overnighted to you." I did and we received it on the 13th and this watch would not connect to Verizon...

Long story short I am now on my 5th device and am just now being told that in our area the tower fell in 01/17/2019 and that the tower does not belong to Verizon. That the company that owns it says it could be 6+months till rebuilt and the temp one that Verizon put there near it will not service the area that the former tower did. I'm so disappointed in the service and the knowledge that has been shown during my experience all within 10 days of NO resolution!!!! I am going to return the watch and sever ties with Verizon!! My First experience was the worst with this co. Rebekah **

Original review: March 17, 2019

This is a very low level service! I ordered an iPhone and within two days they had to deliver the order. The order was paid from the bank card, but the order was not delivered, because their team in the fight against fraud closed the order and did not notify me about it. I don't have a bad credit history or crime etc. But this team of scammers did not return my first payment when they closed order! Who is a crook?! Order Number: ** Order Location: Q374001 Order Date: 03/13/2019

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Verizon Home Phone Service?

Original review: March 16, 2019

I went to my local Target with intentions of switching from Metro PCS and the young man (I'm 73) Talked me out of it, saying if I'm going to be doing genealogy research I'd be better off, with Verizon's 55 + plan which is an unlimited call, text, internet service for seniors and costs $60 @ month. I ended up on a 4 line family plan that costs over a $100 dollars a month, pretty sad that Verizon and Target allows that practice. To top it off I get very weak limited internet, weak or no phone service. I went to my local Verizon store to straighten out the wrong plan I was on, they sent me back to Target, and after dealing with phone salesman and 2 mgrs. 1 of which I waited 2 hours or more to arrive, they finally contacted a Verizon rep. who was able to get me on correct plan.

To top it off my bill comes in Spanish type, and I dont understand what's on it, so just pay $ amount, have yet to get this corrected from almost a year ago. I think this is a ploy to keep the service? As soon as my contract is up I will be switching to a diff. carrier!! I'm in Target to shop (groceries) and constantly warn people by phone kiosk to beware of Verizon. Was asked to leave store on a couple of occasions. Just not the way to treat people and take advantage of our seniors. Currently doing my genealogy searches at the library, which is a pain. Just beware of crooked salespeople and Verizon. Thank you. Barry **.

Original review: March 16, 2019

Beware. When I sent back my equipment via UPS it was lost. UPS could not verify the tracking label sent to me, nor locate the package. Verizon (who uses UPS) said this was my issue and turned over to collections for $900 in equipment returns. I have a history of returning equipment on time with them but they did not care. Numerous calls to Verizon and Susan ** were not returned. Shortly after they turned me over to collections they called to ask if I would come back after I had switched to Comcast. Shows total lack of systems to know this consumer and everyone he comes in contact with will never support this brand again.

Original review: March 15, 2019

Several years ago, I saw a commercial for Verizon, whom I was already a customer of, so I called to take advantage of the offer. I should have known when the commercial only played for a week and then morphed the following week into another type of offer. However, the agent assured me, I would have 10 gigs for $80 a month for a multi-line plan. When the bill came, it was not what was promised, which had been the case almost every time I changed plans with them. When I called to investigate, I asked for CUSTOMER RETENTION, not customer service.

Andrew, a very helpful rep, reviewed my plan for few minutes and came back asking, "why do you have an international plan?" I said, "you have got to be kidding me, I cancelled that 2 years ago on the 25th of the month as instructed because that is the end of the billing cycle. I know I took care of it, cuz my calendar was marked for an entire month." He said, "well, we have been charging you for 2 years," to which I responded, "I cannot see that anywhere on my bill." He replied, "that is because you are paperless." After a brief hold, Andrew came back to tell me that Verizon owed me approximately $600. I can't remember the exact amount, but he credited me $200 immediately and promised that the rest would be on my account in 7 days.

I went on a work trip and came home thinking the mentioned time has passed, let's take a look. NOTHING. So I called back CUSTOMER RETENTION and got another rep, whose name has escaped me. She said, "oh yes, I see the credit of $400 and something dollars pending, so don't pay your bill and it will take care of your balance for this pay cycle." I said, "really, you are telling me not to pay? Won't I incur a late fee?" She said, "yes, but it's only $5." So, I took her advice. The next month, my bill was double and no credit had been issued as promised once again. I call back and this time, I was on hold with another customer retention rep who took almost an hour of my time to tell me that they decided not to give me the credit.

She offered me $30 that I turned down and said, "I don't want that as a consolation, I want what I was promised." I paid the bill immediately and went to a store, where I was told by a manager that me paying my bill was me agreeing to their terms. I said, "I paid my bill to continue service for the household, but Verizon owes me. Not the other way around." I was fuming! I called my bank, BOA, who disputed the transaction for me and I won. I went to Sprint immediately and changed service. The weeks that followed, I would walk to the Verizon store near my work and make payments on the remaining balance. I NEVER WENT DELINQUENT OR MISSED ANY PAYMENTS. IN ADDITION, VERIZON ADDED THE AMOUNT BOA HAD WON BACK FOR ME BACK TO MY BILL.

I still continued to pay. One day, I walked in and I was told that they could not accept my payment. I was then notified by mail I was sent to collections. They owe me! THEY OVER CHARGED ME FOR 2 YEARS AND NOW THEY WANT TO RUIN MY CREDIT REPORT WITH THIS UNACCEPTABLE BILLING. And what about the false advertising? That was never addressed either. Verizon is horrible. They over charge knowingly and misrepresent their products as well as service. "Yes, that has been removed." "Yes, that is how much you will pay." "Yes, we owe YOU," but the reality is they don't have to stick with their promises.

I will tell everyone and anyone who will listen that Verizon will treat you how they want, leave you no avenue to dispute, and even try to ruin your credit if they choose. I have tried disputing through TransUnion since they have the wrong amount and since I had never been delinquent, but they side with the big dog, not little people like me who are loyal and pay their bills.

Food for thought: If you go to Target or Walmart because you were over charged for a TV and the rep gives you $200 cash instead of the $600 you are owed, closes the register and walks away. Do you just walk away too because they decided they are done? NO! You fight for what is rightly yours and you tell the world not to trust them. So, with that said, "DO NOT TRUST VERIZON OR ANY OF THEIR REPS!" In the store you get one thing and over the phone it is another.

Original review: March 15, 2019

I went from Cricket to Verizon and regretting every minute! I am always out of service, I guess they don't have enough towers? Now I am stuck in a 2 yr contract that is lousy! Cricket seems to be the best service I have had and I was never out of service with them. I guess you get what you pay for and I am paying dearly. My advice, go with Cricket! Unlimited service for $60 and you are never out of range like I seem to always be with Verizon. I hate this crappy service.

Original review: March 15, 2019

I was at your store at Walnut Hill and Skilliam Ave, Dallas, TX. I was greeted when I first walked in and the sales associate was Victor. Great smile, happy to be helping and ask the right questions to pinpoint my needs. He is a asset to your brand.

Original review: March 15, 2019

Two years ago, I went to Verizon Wireless store to change upgrade cell phones for the whole family. We got 4 new phones and we terminated a old phone number that had area code of an area where I used live. However Verizon kept on charging our credit card for about $130 per month. After two and a half years of fraudulent charges, we have complained to multiple people in the organization. They agreed to pay out 1 and a half year worth of fraudulent charges in credits to our current bill. When we reviewed the statement and found out that they provided about $700 ($40 x 18 months), not $2,340 ($130 x 18 months). When we complained again, they indicated they cannot reimburse data, text, taxes, 2nd line access fee and etc. Verizon fraudulently took our money and refused to give us money back and told us to sue them if we would like. They told us that we will just end up using more money in court. They have robbed, lied and threaten us.

Original review: March 14, 2019

Verizon Wireless used to have good customer service. I would call the 800 customer service number and get a rep to help me right away. Verizon does not have phone reps anymore. Must have been too costly so now they've transitioned to "Digital Assistant" which is essentially a live chat customer service. Last night I had a simple question that on the phone could be answered in a 5 min or less phone call. Because of the technology and typing involved (and losing connections as you go from retrieving a code from them via text to trying to find the live chat screen again) I spent approx. 3 hours with Verizon last evening when it could have been handled in a 5 minute phone call. Live chat is nowhere near the efficiency that a live phone rep can offer.

Verizon's decision to go digital in their customer service is going to frustrate their customers and make them leave for other providers who are in touch with how to treat their customers effectively in a timely manner. I know because I've experienced the new Verizon Digital Customer Service and it is terrible!! Stay away from Verizon if Customer Service is important to you.

Original review: March 14, 2019

I have been paying for my mother's cell phone service for years. She passed away late January. I left the phone running for February to field any calls, etc, end of life stuff. I used her phone and Verizon's online support to cancel the account for both her phone and iPad. This seemed to go well. The service was definitely cancelled. I cancelled on the 9th of this month (March), which was one day before the cycle ended. A few days later, they still charged me. This isn't even the problem, life happens, billing didn't get the memo, whatever. I wasn't mad, as it seemed pretty simple to rectify. I am the person on file as having cancelled the account so I'm thinking this is cut and dry, easy. But this is where my problems began...

This morning, I called customer care, who informed me that even though my mother had passed away, and I am the person who reported and canceled the account, they can't get into it... Without her...Pin number. Ok, say that out loud slowly - you want me to ask my dead mom her pin number?? Oh but I can call Financial Services and they will straighten this out... Mind you, I've already dealt with considerable hold times.

So I call the number they give me, and the person does get me into the account. He says he has a "back door" for this situation. But he doesn't see the $101.24 recent charge, just that they owe me $30. I don't even know where this number comes from and he won't tell me. It's certainly nowhere near $101. And he is so clueless, I'm pretty concerned that they are going to keep charging my card for nothing. So he says that now the account is open, he needs to transfer me back to Customer Care. He can't do refunds or account stuff, he says. Remember, I'm talking to FINANCIAL SERVICES.

So I'm transferred back, the hold time is awful, and I get a sympathetic person. He asks for the pin number. I tell him Financial Services unlocked it and I've been transferred to him. He says he just needs to put me on hold a second. Mind you, I've been very patient and never once raised my voice. People on the phone, it isn't their fault, you know?

So about 40 minutes later, this person has not come back to even check in with me, nothing. I start to suspect I'm being gaslighted. I press buttons trying to get a response, nothing. I wait until it hits the hour mark and hang up. I call customer care again and no one answers. I call Financial Services to get some help again that is at least kind of competent. The woman I get is very rude, and tells me she can't get in without a pin number. "I'm sorry," I tell her, "Mom took that to the grave". And explain how Financial Services unlocked the account. And customer care just left me on hold for an hour. I am still nice to her. She tells me to speak with customer care because she can't do anything. She transfers me, and... I'm on hold for 30 minutes, no one picks up.

I call again but they ask for a phone number when you call in so... No one ever answers my call ever again. I even tried to get in as a new customer, and the person punched in the number and tried to transfer me direct to the dept and they still never answered. All they had to tell me was that their system creates a redundancy of incompetence and that I should just dispute with my credit card. But no one has the guts to tell me that, even though I have a light voice and was by no means loud or irate. Just asked "Why is this so hard?" An answer I'll never have. Even though this is on MY credit card - wow!

Funny thing is, I've had to cancel so many credit cards and bank accounts of mom's, I have death certificates, power of attorney as Trustee, notarized documents, the works, and have had very little trouble with other companies. These guys are rude, hard to get a hold of, and very incompetent dealing with what should have been a simple matter. Perhaps phone tree revision and a much better process for dealing with deceased clients is a place to start for fixing this. And not charging the dead, perhaps. Mom went unexpectedly and way too young. The last thing I want to deal with is this. And charging for a dead woman's phone that is already deactivated, and not caring enough to fix the problem - there has to be a special place in hell for that!

Original review: March 13, 2019

Had Android service for 20+ years with Verizon, this year husband and I decided to try out the iPhones since most of family are using now a days. We purchased two iPhone XRs that were sent to our home. Bad experience since the beginning... No instructions on how to port from android to IOS, and for over two months now been back and forth with customer service over continuous dropped calls.

Verizon customer service had us restore network, factory, change SIM card amongst other things and then we were sent to Apple who said we need to send our phones in and wait for the repair! Huh, no phones! Or they charge our credit card for a loaner to use meantime which means uploading all important everyday apps, contacts and so forth... then do it all again when repair is fixed. Apparently we both were sent a bad batch and she just be replaced. We have an extra android still on our plan and an iPhone daughter uses no problems with either of those. Just the two we aren’t getting taken care of.

Original review: March 13, 2019

I am tired of them selling "Unlimited Data Plans" for an exorbitant amount of money and then throttling the speedway back to the point a simple YouTube video will not play. This is false advertising and is the reason I will be ending my business with this horrible excuse for a company.

Original review: March 13, 2019

I paid cash for a Samsung J3. It was activated with a $40.00 per month plan. On the third month, 2 days after paying for that month, my wife made a 3 min. call to Canada. The charge was just over $2.00. 1 day into the month they shut off the phone with no notice. They send texts for every other reason, but not this. They still have 95% of my $40. The call is covered. When customer service told me why they shut it off, I told them it was a thoughtless way to treat a customer relying on their service. They were out Nothing. The Rep. waived the charge and turned the phone back on. 3 years ago I had Verizon for 6 months and said Never again. In this new location I have no other choice. Same old Verizon.

Original review: March 13, 2019

In the 20 or so years I have been a Verizon Wireless customer I have experienced first hand the continuous shift away from honest ethical business practices in its middle management who take no responsibility for their front line staffs actions both unintended and nefarious. The corporate lack of oversight and policies adopted by Verizon Wireless have made it too expensive for consumers to fight for fair and equitable treatment when problems arise with service and when manipulative staff try to meet their internal goals at the expense of consumers.

Original review: March 13, 2019

I think it is ridiculous. You can only pay the devices off in one lump sum and are not able to make extra payments toward the principal balance throughout the contract period. Not to mention that the plans are overpriced when you can go to other providers that charge one set price for talk, text and data usage.

Original review: March 12, 2019

We pay over $200 a month for unlimited Service but it is not unlimited. If you can't talk without a dropped call, you can't text, you can't watch a video because they have throttled your signal, then it is not unlimited. If they are charging you for a service then they need to supply what they are charging you for. If not that's called stealing. If they cannot give you what you are paying for then they need to stop taking people's money for it.

Original review: March 11, 2019

Been on the phone for over an hour for these morons to turn on my prepaid service that I paid for 4 days ago. Literally been through 10 foreign speaking operators, keep getting transferred only to have to give all my information again. This is pathetic. You can't even be decent when I'm trying to buy your service. Maybe I should tell them to piss off and go back to Straight Talk. Never dealt with crap like this from any company. Get your business together, and work on your customer service.

Original review: March 10, 2019

iPhone went dead. Brought it to Verizon Wireless store on Old Country road in Plainview. Said my phone dead and I had to purchase new iPhone, which I did. When I returned home and contacted Apple, they were able to restore all data back to original phone. I went immediately back to return phone and dealer refused to refund my money. I was able to contact the Verizon Wireless Corporate Regional Manager. He was wonderful. I returned to store and dealer was forced to give refund immediately. No bully tactics this time. Verizon Wireless you rock. Just go to an authorized dealership and stay away from the store in Morton Village Shopping Center in Plainview.

Original review: March 9, 2019

Verizon claims to be the fastest network with the best service, but its a lie. In my home I have no service at all, my phone only works on wifi. And even around my area, I cant even use internet. They make you pay for unlimited internet, but it does not even work. The hotspot feature is the slowest processing I have ever seen on a phone. They tell you the iPhone will be able to download things super fast, but in actuality it takes hours. I should have never got this service, stay away. Go with AT&T or T-Mobile if you can.

Original review: March 9, 2019

I have been with Verizon for more than 8 years. Last month, I called them if they can offer new customers some good plan. A lady told me that I will pay $130 (including 1 phone payment $23 - two month haven't paid off yet) including everything. After I paid offer my phone I will only need pay for $105 plus tax $6 which is total $110 everything included. But after that I received a message says that my month bill will be $149 and I called right back. The lady put me on the phone for 1 hour and then she texted me with the previous price confirmed $105 plus tax. Now when I check my bill, it's back to $155 again. I called them and they just said they can not do that price anymore and they want I enroll auto pay. How ridiculous that is? Will you trust a company like this? NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH VERIZON!!!!

Original review: March 7, 2019

If you ever go to a store that says Verizon, document everything! They lie, cheat and steal and it is up to you to prove it. We took my 85 year old dad in to close his account and three of us witnessed the transaction. He was told he could close with a zero balance. Furthermore, the rep verbally trashed the product, because their broadband is a horrendous ripoff. We left satisfied and then my dad got a $710 bill. First, they made me physically track down their lying staff in multiple locations...and they keep lying. After multiple written complaints I ended up speaking with executive offices but they don't care... If you can't prove they lied, then you have no standing. Yes, they videotape transactions, but they won't even look if it is against their benefit.

TAKE A WITNESS AND VIDEOTAPE THE CONVERSATION. GET IT IN WRITING and don't leave until you review the agreement. DOCUMENT NAMES AND DETAILS. Otherwise, they can tell you anything they want and you have no recourse. If you didn't get it in writing, it does not exist to them. Their executive staff lies too...say they will call back and don't, set phone appointments and don't call. You are your only advocate with this wretched organization, protect yourself upfront.

Original review: March 6, 2019

I can not imagine a worse experience than I had at this store and with Verizon customer service. In the store it took them a long time to find the phone I had chosen online, and the official Verizon website said it was in stock at this store. Then after they sold it to me, they told me they could not activate the phone, they didn't have the right "box", their hardware didn't work well with the new phones, and their concern over personal information. I was there almost an hour and came out with a phone I couldn't use and no accessories because they were not in stock. Then began a horrid day of trying to activate my phone and transfer all contacts, etc.

The guy at the store said it was simple, just use one of their tech apps...but it was not simple. The tech support couldn't even tell me how to remove the sim cards from either my old phone or new phone. I had to finally look at YouTube videos to figure that out after she insisted there was a hole on both phones to poke and get the sim. There wasn't. I tried working on it myself but the phone would not activate. From there I had to go to Verizon website chat which was no more help. Then a call to Verizon and after several hours, inserting and removing the sim cards, and several other steps, I finally had a working phone.

I have had Verizon phones and service since cell phones were invented. They could care less about customer service. No one should leave a store with a new phone that has not been activated and personal information transferred, or at least specific instructions on how to do those transfers. There is no option to leave reviews online with Verizon, again they don't care about customer service, they are too big, too important, and too wealthy.

Original review: March 6, 2019

Had to get a new phone and I decided on a iPhone. I don’t even know why I went there because my bill was so messed up all the time. And there’s no arguing with Verizon. I bought a iPhone 6, later found it’s an iPhone 4. The guy stood right there and apparently was lying through his teeth. And I know he knew exactly what he was doing. He knew I had no idea about the phones so it was his opportunity. But why? Does he keep the extra cash that I spent on iPhone 6 and got the 4? I was glad to see this guy. He was around my age, not real young so I thought he’d be more understanding. I’m done with Verizon. They have screwed me for years, my own fault I guess. But businesses should be honest, people work so hard!! I work 2 jobs.

Original review: March 5, 2019

The biggest tech-related mistake I have made in the past 30 years (and I worked for the world's largest software/OS company) was to switch back to Verizon Wireless. Their customer and tech support is awful. The phone I bought was defective and when I requested an exchange they wouldn't do it. I'm a Lyft driver so the phone not working properly literally means I am losing money. I have 30 years more tech experience than anyone I have dealt with at Verizon and they still wouldn't listen.

It took them a week before they would finally exchange the phone which turns into over $450 lost revenue. They also essentially called me a liar and there wasn't really anything wrong with my phone. AVOID Verizon at all costs. You will do better with two tin cans tied together with a string. Verizon claims to care about their customers and offers the best support in the industry - this wasn't the case the first time I left them, and still isn't the case when I made the mistake of returning.

Original review: March 5, 2019

The last two or three months my phone keeps prompting me to connect to different hotspots as I drive. This caused me a problem with my parking application that did not connect in the end and I got a parking ticket. In addition to this I use my phone mostly for work and unless I am at my home or regular offices the reception is very poor. Exploring other carriers to move out of Verizon if the problem persists.

Original review: March 4, 2019

I have had a Verizon plan for two+ years and it did work out very nicely. But the last half a year I have had terrible terrible reception so I bought the new Verizon phone for $180. Anyway my reception didn't get better. I barely had two bars on the phone. I called customer service but nothing came of it. Zero. Zilch. Stayed the same. But recently I had a clincher. I bought the new phone about a month ago and one day I did drop it and the screen snapped in half. I do understand I shouldn't have dropped it, But it shouldn't break from that. Anyway, I took it to a Verizon store and they were very unhelpful and RUDE. They did not help me one bit!!!

Original review: March 4, 2019

I visited this store and I was apprehensive to switch from Apple to Android. The male salesperson said I'd receive a $750 credit plus my iPhone X trade in. So I wouldn't have to pay an installment per month on the phone. Well, I never received my credit. I've spoken with the store manager several times and says she was escalating the issue. I've always had to call her. She has never called me once. It's months later and no resolution. I'm stuck with paying $30 dollars extra on my monthly plan because a salesperson wanted a sale. Do not visit this store. Verizon Wireless customer service told me it was my word against his and gave me a lousy $100 credit off my phone bill. Well, they're making an extra $30 dollars off my monthly plan. I'm disgusted by this liar salesperson and disgusted by Verizon's response to the issue. I will not get service from Verizon ever again.

Verizon Home Phone Service expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Verizon Wireless is a subsidiary of Verizon Communications, which formed in 2000 when Bell Atlantic and GTE merged. Verizon Communications is a publically-traded company with headquarters in Basking Ridge, N.J. It offers cellular phone service through contract plans and unlimited prepaid plans for smartphones and basic phones.

• Features: Verizon’s prepaid plans come with many free features, including caller ID, call waiting, call forward, data alerts and three-way calling. Compatible phones also include voice mail, visual voicemail and mobile hotspot connectivity for free.

• Switch to monthly: Customers can use any phone purchased from Verizon for a prepaid plan if they decide to sign up for a monthly plan. This feature may appeal to those who need temporary service and may wish to return to a monthly, contract plan in the future.

• Canada and Mexico: All of Verizon’s prepaid plans for smartphones include unlimited text messages to mobile phones in Mexico and Canada. Customers can choose to add on minutes to place voice calls to Mexico and Canada or place international calls with a per-minute surcharge.

• Payment options: Customers can pay for service online or from their phone. They can also set up autopay so that their phones remain active. Although customers cannot simply make a payment in a Verizon store, they can purchase a refill card from a Verizon store and use that to refill their phone online.

• Next-day shipping: Customers who order a phone from Verizon to use with a prepaid plan receive free next-day shipping.

• Best for: Verizon is best for temporary users, business owners and budget-conscious customers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs