2.8/5 (978 ratings)

About Verizon Wireless

Verizon sells phones and phone plans across the United States. With stores and cell towers in every state, Verizon’s widespread reach allows customers to call, text or use data almost anywhere. Verizon customers can buy products from Apple, Samsung, Google and other phone manufacturers. The company also offers discounts for military members and first responders.

Pros

• 5G available in some areas
  • Discounts on multiple lines
  • Mix & match unlimited plans
  • Parental control app

Cons

• Prices are higher for fewer lines
  • 5G not available in all areas

Bottom Line

Verizon offers a wide range of cellular service plans for customers who use their devices in different ways. Though prices might be higher than other providers, the level of service and extra features make Verizon stand out.

Top Verizon Wireless Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

The manager David, at the Delmont PA - Verizon Wireless store, is awesome. I had an issue and he went above and beyond to resolve my problem… I have never had a service provided b...

Verified

I get excellent coverage here where others with other companies are not so fortunate. Prices are competitive and the selection of phones is excellent. I have had Verizon for 7 yea...

What is Verizon Unlimited?

Verizon is a cellular service provider based in the United States. Verizon Unlimited plans offer five levels of service that you can mix and match. All Unlimited plans include coverage in Mexico and Canada and have no roaming charges in the U.S. Verizon Unlimited’s five plans are:

• Start Unlimited works on 4G and includes talk, text and data. It includes 480p video streaming.
  • Play More Unlimited includes 5G access (for compatible phones) and is suitable for music and video streaming. The plan comes with 25 GB of premium data, unlimited mobile hotspot use and HD video streaming.
  • Do More Unlimited includes premium data and has 5G access, 50 GB of mobile hotspot use and 500 GB of cloud storage.
  • Get More Unlimited works on 5G and includes HD video streaming, 75 GB of premium data and unlimited mobile hotspots with 30 GB.
  • Just Kids Unlimited can be added to any other unlimited plan. It comes with 5 GB of data, unlimited talk and text to 20 contacts, 480p video streaming, safety mode, content filters and location tracking.

All of Verizon Unlimited’s plans include a free six-month subscription to Apple Music and a one-year subscription to Disney Plus.

How does Verizon smart family work?

Verizon Smart Family is a companion app that gives you parental controls to help manage your kids’ smartphone use. You can add the service to eligible Verizon accounts, including unlimited plans. Just Kids Unlimited comes with Smart Family. You can use an app on your device to:

• Filter content
  • Monitor and limit calls, texts and purchases
  • Monitor internet use
  • Pause internet access
  • Track another device’s location

Content filters with Smart Family let you block websites and apps by category or manually block specific sites. You can also control the filters for specific family members. For texts and calls, Smart Family lets you see and monitor incoming and outgoing activity, but you can’t read texts or listen to calls.

Smart Family also creates a graph that shows your child’s online activity and website use. You can set time restrictions and limits for purchases billed directly to your Verizon account via carrier billing.

Verizon family plan prices

Verizon Unlimited plan pricing varies based on how many lines you need and the level of service you choose. Start Unlimited for four lines is $35 per month per line. Two lines of Start Unlimited costs $60 per month per line.

Play More Unlimited and Do More Unlimited are both $45 for four lines; Get More is $55 for four lines. Add Just Kids to any unlimited line for $35. All plans incur additional taxes and fees.

Verizon Wireless FAQ

Can I use Verizon Wireless for home internet?
Verizon offers Fios home internet plans in some areas. You can also use your Verizon mobile hotspot to connect to the internet at home, but hotspot data is limited.
Is Verizon Wireless the best carrier?
Whether Verizon Wireless is the best carrier for you depends on your needs and budget. The company offers flexibility in plans, 5G coverage in some areas (with more added regularly) and reliability. Features include Disney Plus and Apple Music. Customer service is available 24/7.
Is Verizon home Internet unlimited?
Verizon Fios home internet plans come in three data speeds with no limits on usage.
Does Verizon have 24/7 customer service?
Verizon customer service is available 24/7.

Is Verizon Unlimited worth it?

For customers who are looking for a wireless provider with multiple plans and customizable family options, Verizon Wireless is definitely an option to consider. Its Just Kids Unlimited add-on makes it appealing to parents, and, with high data usage options, it’s an ideal choice for large families or avid internet users.

Verizon Wireless Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Verizon Wireless?

Original review: Aug. 23, 2021

I have been with Verizon for around or around 25 years. They are always willing to help you Technically wise or however you need. I have gone into Verizon stores and 1 on 7th street and downtown Robert the manager is awesome although one thing about that location is they have no Wi-Fi which I think is very ridiculous.. He recommended me to go to the promenade Verizon And Miguel helped me transfer all my information over after having to get a replacement phone due to my phone going DOA. I love Verizon. I probably would not change. I just wish that they would lower their pricing

Original review: June 26, 2021

The Customer Care employee I had the pleasure to talk to today, referring to some internet issues I was having, was the best I've ever had. His name was Mike and he was kind, understanding and he listened. Which is a rarity because of the numerous Customer service people I have talked to from many companies, most either are or at least act like they are stupid. For example, asking a question to which the answer was already given is the most common (and extremely aggravating) thing that most Customer service people do. If I would have met this gentleman in person rather than him being the Customer service person I was needing to talk to in order to attempt to resolve the issue, I have no doubt that he and I would have become great friends.

Get buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 25, 2021

My family and I had great customer service at the Flagstaff Az Location (1800 S Milton). We were assisted by a gentleman named **. He was very professional, courteous and listened to our concerns, and outfitted us with the best service at version. 11 months have passed and we have been enjoying great connectivity and service. Yesterday, my son and I returned to the store to add another line. Once again we were assisted by **. His customer service is still at 110%. Wow, what great service from this guy. We left very happy once again as ** used his expertise to get us all connected. Thank you ** - The world needs more people like you.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2021

I called into Verizon today literally in tears over my bill! I asked for management immediately as I had called several times about my issue in the past to no avail. I spoke with Shantelle. She listened to me cry as I explained my situation. Before anything else she made sure I was ok and spoke to me in calm voice. Once I was ok she went on to address my issues. So many times she assured me it would be ok. She took care of every single issue and even a few I myself didn't see! I truly felt cared about by the end of our conversation. She definitely changed my feelings. I didn't feel like just a phone number. She acknowledged I was a person. Maybe to some that may seem silly but these days it's hard to find people that like their jobs and care the way she did. I praise her management skills and feel like she should be recognized. Thank you so much!!!

Original review: Nov. 3, 2020

This morning I had the pleasure of speaking with Mark ** from Greenville, SC. Initially the purpose of my call to Verizon was to retrieve a return label but I had explained to Mark that I've been very unhappy with Verizon for weeks due to many reasons. He took his time reviewing my account in detail. He was very informative, helpful, pleasant, and understanding of my frustrations. He repaired all the knots on my account and assured he would follow up to make sure everything would fall in place seamlessly. I wish all the Verizon representatives were as knowledgeable, professional, and enjoyable to deal with as him.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2021

I have heard so many great things about Verizon Wireless, I wanted to give them a try and get my home internet. Delivery was on time and on par with what they had said in the initial sign up process. We receive the equipment, my companion sets it up. Lo and Behold, it doesn't work and also my account has become nonexistent. I am on hold with them as I write this, and I am LIVID. The 1st phone call I got passed around by 4 of their customer service reps. All I needed was some tech support so that I may resume my life. Literally, 4 people.

When I was finally connected to the last person, I got HUNG UP ON. I've called back now 5 times, this one I'm on right now is the 5th, and each call has been me on hold up to and passed 20 minutes. 20 MINUTES!!! So I went from 4 people and a hangup to now nothing, save for this annoying piano jazzy music they got playing in the background as I wait for no one to assist me. My advice, if you want horrible customer service and have a whole day or 2 to waste, then Verizon is the place to be. If you don't, I'd definitely and strongly suggest you try anyone else other than them.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2021

We did not know we should have gone to Verizon Headquarters. Went to a third party store. Six trips to the store, over 5 different calls to their support, a total of more than 6 hours spent on the complete incompetence. They actually lied about the plan we wanted. Charged us for six line lines and we have two. Did not tell us many important conditions about our phone plan. After three months and so so much money we dumped them. Please please do not believe their commercials.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2021

I wish I can give Verizon customer service -10 stars, My business is suffering since last two months without a landline because of their error, no one wants to help, everyone just transfer the call, no one wants to help. I am suffering losses due to their negligent agent, still without a phoneline. I don't know who can help. Don't know who can help.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2021

I am currently on a plan that VZW created for senior citizens called "Unlimited 55+ Loyalty". Apparently Verizon decided they no longer care about seniors, or the fact that they may be on fixed incomes. PLAN DELETED! New Plan - 50% higher per month per line. FIFTY PERCENT! That's not a minor bump - it's HUGE. Better yet - should you need to make any changes to your account (let's say your current phone dies) - welcome to the *NEW PLAN*. NICE. This is plain and simple robbery. Punish the old folks - there's a business plan for you. I have been a VZW customer for over 15 years. I will be leaving as soon as I can no longer remain on my current plan. You won't squeeze one more penny from my budget. NOT ONE CENT. If I could give you ZERO STARS I would.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2021

After spending 2.5 HOURS on an online chat with a LIVE person, who claims they are not able to physically call you to chat, but can only converse online. I got ZERO resolution, and never got the representative's name before we got disconnected and some new robot came on saying "How can I help you!?!" She spent 2 hours assuring me that my iPhone trade in will be credited, after I received an email from Verizon Wireless stating that because the back of the phone is cracked, it does not qualify for the trade in program. Their website clearly states that "Old and damaged trade ins accepted."

This was an iPhone 11 in perfect working order, just cracked glass on back of phone. (Which Verizon can easily replace and then resell at full price!). When I try to call to speak to a live person, I am on hold for over 30 minutes (when it says my wait will not be longer than 7 minutes) before I hang up and give up. I am going to reach out to my attorney now to find out what legal rights I have to cancel my contract with Verizon and never look back.

I have been a customer for over 20 years, have 4 lines on my plan, and just received an email stating that I not only have to make payments on the new phone I just upgraded to, but also continue to make payments on the iphone 11 I traded in. So next month's bill is over 700.00! when my bill is usually 300.00 a month for 4 lines. Verizon Wireless false advertises, suckers you into upgrading, and then rejects your trade in after the fact and you are stuck paying whatever fees then apply. I highly suggest you use AT&T for all your cell phone needs unless you want to be robbed blind from Verizon.

Verizon Wireless Company Information