Verizon Wireless

Compare Cell Phone Providers

Research top Cell Phone Providers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Spent 3 hours ordering a phone via web chat. Phone delivery attempted but passive signature is required. Left signature for delivery next day. Got phone next day. Coolio. Opened box. Only one page of instructions. That sounds promising. Very excited. All I need to do is power up and follow the instructions. Yay! Power up and no-go. It says to make sure I have all the bars and try again. Out to deck and try. No Go. Let me try the other end of the deck, hold up to sky. Bars look excellent. No go. It says to call customer service. Yesh! Called customer service and she can't get past the screens without an account number. No account number on packing slip. Went out to website to try and register online to get my account number. Can't. Phone not activated. Must have phone activated.

Got transferred to FRAUD department. They notice that the phone was supposed to be delivered the day before. I explained that I wasn't aware a passive signature was needed so it was redelivered the following day. The phone number could not be activated over the phone, I would have to go to a store. Seriously? If I would have known this was going to happen I would have went into the store to begin with. Yesh.

I CALL the local store and ask if the phone can be activated with local store OVER the phone so I don't have to come in. He says "yes" they have a number to call. He tries. He call the "special" number and guess what? The number can't be activated. He must issue me a NEW number and guess what? I have to come into the store. Seriously? Why does Verizon take these orders OVER the phone and can't support them? They are so intensely worried about FRAUD and misdelivered product or whatever - then DON'T sell phone this way if they can not be supported and obviously they CAN NOT. I'm done with Verizon. I'm done with Verizon. Can ya hear me now?

Had an account with them for many years. The first time they screwed me, they lost all of my contact information from my phone. Now, about 6 months ago I left Verizon and canceled 2 phones. I was also paying for a tablet on the account. When I called to cancel, they gave me a wrong account number so that I would have a tough time transferring my phones over to another carrier. They also did not downgrade my phone data plan as they promised for several months until I paid off my tablet. Pretty much stole $200 over those months. OVERPRICED! NASTY ON THE PHONE! NOT WORTH IT! NEVER AGAIN!

In July I was speaking to Verizon Customer Service on the phone. I asked them to add on an option that they have, which is called Safe Mode, so I wouldn't be charged for going over my data.. They told me it'll be an extra $2.00 fee and I agreed for them to add on the mode. The mode prevents from going over data, when you exceed your amount given per month. The customer service representative told me he added the plan on my account.. However, in December, I got a bill of $1,122.84 for one month. This is extremely high, considering he told us he would add on a safe mode.

A bill without data over charge costs me $350 for one month, not $1,122.84. So, I called Verizon Customer Service in January and I spent over 2 hours on the phone with them and they offered me 50% discount from data over charge because they noticed that the safe mode wasn't added on. Also, suggested to call in a couple of days to see if the bill was adjusted. I called back in 6 days. My bill was NOT adjusted and I asked to speak to the manager by the name of Charles **. I explained my situation and asked him why my bill was not adjusted, since it was not my fault that they were the ones that didn't add on the safety mode when I had asked them to.

He said in July I just redid my plan, but safe mode was not added. I told him all the conversations are always recorded when you're on the line with Verizon Customer Service, so I requested for him to listen to the conversation from July. He said he can't find that conversation because the phone conversations are only saved for 3 months, which is totally not true. Not to mention, he was very rude and disrespectful. I said okay, then listen to my conversation from 4 days ago where I was offered a 50% discount from data over charge, but he said he will not listen to that either because he is too busy for this.

He offered me 20% discount from data over charge or for me to pay the bill, how it is. I said thank you and hung up the phone on him. In a few days, I called Verizon back again. I asked to speak to Charles ** and I was told that he was busy. I was speaking to customer service girl Mandy and told her everything that is going on. She also offered me 50% discount from data overcharge and said to check in a couple of days from myverizon.com to see if my bill was recounted. She was so nice and professional.

I called back today because I saw on myverizon.com that my bill wasn't changed. I explained to a customer service representative that I spoke to Mandy and that she told me that I'll get 50% off from over charge, but my bill was still the same. The customer service representative told me that he cannot find a note from Mandy and what she had said. He said that he only saw a notice from Charles ** to give me 20% discount from the data overcharge.

My point is when you're talking to Verizon customer service, the entire phone conversation is recorded. When you're talking on the phone with them as a customer, you don't have any proof on what they told you and you feel very disappointed when they tell you one thing and do another. I'm sure I'm not the only one who gets into these situations because they leave you with no option, but to pay the bill because they'll shut your phone off or ruin your credit history. I was trying to find where I can file a complaint against the manager and his workers and I cannot even find that.

Amazing. I have been a customer for 20 some odd years. 300,000 rewards. What good are they if you have to spend money on all their gift cards. Why can't you use it for bills, phones. Verizon is gouging people.

Verizon bill every month changes. And I'm still trying to figure out how all my lines have different line service Prices. How some phones are on cloud and other are not. But what really chaps my ass is. I have a line I'm not using. I wanted to cancel the line. I was informed that it only had 3 months till the contract ended. And it would be better to finish out the contract because it was going to cost me 275.00 dollars to end the service early. 3 months from the end of the contract. And they wanted that kind of money.

Well March 4th 2017 is so right around the corner. And I'm gone 4 years I've been with Verizon. The customer service continues to amaze me. I think verizon get the rejects that cant work at fast food cause they're too stupid. And hires them, and God help you if they pass you onto a manager. I waited on hold for a manager for 6 hrs. I just left the phone on speaker while I watched TV. 6 hrs and I never did get to talk to a manager. I finally got a recording telling me I needed to call back.

One last thing. Those of you who still have your note 7 keep it. It wasn't a fire issue. The phones got sealed at Samsung without the big brother tracking wires added to the battery. So Samsung was ordered by the government to recall them. And the only way they could make it convincing to the American people. Was to come up with the catch on fire story. And get the airlines to ban them from air travel. Because you can still buy the note 7 in Europe and in the Asian countries. Only not in the USA. The note was the best phone I've ever had. I now have a edge7. What a piece of **. Continuously freezes up. I have to shut it off at least twice a day. And the keyboard doesn't work right. And what verizon charged me for the phone. It shouldn't have any issues. Beings it's only 3 months old.

Oh and yeah know your insurance plan you pay for. Verizon told me they'd send it in to have it looked at. But my deductible was 250 bucks. Screw you verizon. I'm gone March 4. ATT here I come. No more. I'll still have one line under contract. But I live in Iowa. Iowa passed a law preventing cell phone providers from charging a early termination fee. When I left Us Cellular they found out they wanted to charge me 700 bucks and when it hit my credit report. I sued them. We were in court 5 minutes. The judge ordered my credit report cleared and basically told them too bad according to Iowa law.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Verizon Home Phone Service?

The worst company I've ever dealt with in my entire life. Needs to be sued. Stealing money. Conned me into getting $1 extra basic TV service, which I knew would get me in the long run. Turns out this was attached to my package with internet... If I cancelled the TV which later becomes $10/month I would lose my 24 months discounted internet. After I moved my services I had to call in 3 or 4 separate times at length to for the very straightforward ability of being able to install new services at a new address prior to actually getting there. They first sent a technician from the address I was moving from. Finally I had to move there first before being able to get a technician who did a good job. They charged me twice for a router which I already owned, and I had to call to undo this charge.

The company gave me a "free" promotional 6 months of HBO and Starz. I never requested to keep the channels. They started charging me for having the channels after 6 months. I asked them to remove the channels and complained that I never asked to have them in the first place. They said, "OK." I'm still getting charged for the channels on the next bill. They underpay their employees under executive/regional manager level.

I recently moved to this company looking to improve my cellphone service, especially my data limit. I got a Verizon plan, which include 16gb + 8gb bonus a total of 24gb. This data is so posted that it could be used in US and Mexico for the same cost and that a safety mode will automatically turn on when run out of data. However, I have been charged extra for international data fees every month since I moved with them approx. 4 months ago (over $800dlls once), which has forced me to call customer service several times and spent over 10 hours of my time trying to solve this issue without luck. I had ask to speak with a supervisor like 3 times, and they just go around. Honestly, I feel very frustrated with this. Horrible customer service as well as the data service. Stay away from this company if possible. I will try to switch back with AT&T since I spent 4 years with them with no problems at all!

Verizon Wireless, Can you hear me now? VW can never fix anything. I know someone who was hired recently by VW and he told me VW does not give a damn about their old customers, all they care about is getting more new ones. (This was in his training.) When I call Verizon for any reason, I always call back at least three or four times because whatever the first rep tells you, the other three tell you it can't be done, it was never notated, and blah blah blah.

I've been with Verizon Wireless since 1997. You would think they would do anything to keep a customer who has paid them over two hundred dollars for 20 years

I began to call the corporate office and they fixed my problems, so I thought I found a solution. Now when you call corporate, you can't get a live person anymore and no one calls you back.

Another problem with VW is what they call their insurance... You get to pay 10 dollars a month for this insurance but if anything happens to your phone, you also get to pay 200 dollars for a used replacement that didn't work for someone else. And will only work for you for a short period of time. they call them "refurbished" phones. I wish I could say something nice about VW but I can't think of anything.

All the other companies are offering unlimited data, but not VW and when you're stuck in a contract there is nothing you can do. If the phone malfunctions, they won't replace it. luckily I have an iPhone and deal directly with apple which is the only company I deal with that has integrity and cares about its customers. Please choose wisely when it comes to cell phone carriers. Do your research well before you get stuck in a contract with writing so small you need a magnifying glass to read it. And if you do go with VW and have read this review, you have been warned.

On Black Friday 2016, Verizon ran ads in print, TV, and radio offering select new phones for $10 a month per phone over 24 months. The phones were normally $28 per month per phone, and the deal offered an $18 per month credit to reach the $10 per month price. I bought two Samsung Galaxy S7 phones, and printed a copy of the receipt that stated I would receive the credit on BOTH phones. A few days after I placed the order, I received confirmation that one phone would receive the discounted price. I contacted Verizon no less than 3 times asking about the credit for the second phone. I was told that it would take time for the system to catch up, but that the second phone would be covered.

On 1-24-17, I received confirmation that the credits for the one phone had been credited to my account. I contacted Verizon AGAIN, asking why the second phone had not received the credits. The rep allegedly completed an "Escalation Form" to initiate an investigation on why the credits had not been applied to both phones. I was told it would take 1 or 2 days to complete this "investigation."

Those 1 or 2 days turned into 3 to 5 business days, which turned into 5 to 7 business days, which turned into 10 business days, which turned into 30 days. In all, I have spoken with no less than 12 customer service reps, and told a new song and dance each and every time. During the most recent call, I asked to speak with a supervisor. The supervisor REFUSED to come to the phone. I provided a one-star rating to Verizon at the top of this review. The reason that I gave it one star is due to the fact that I could not give them anything lower.

October 2016, I upgraded from an iPhone 6 to a Samsung Galaxy 7s. After having multiple issues (phone calls being dropped, sound going in and out, the phone dialing other numbers while it was on speaker during a call. Just to name a few). After 2 phone calls to *611 and a visit to the Verizon corporate store, a refurbished phone (, not new like I was paying for), a refurbished Samsung Galaxy 7s was overnighted to my home. This replacement phone was having similar issues as the first phone. We then took it back to the same store where they transferred the information.

The next day, similar issues started with phone #2. Another trip to the store, and the Mgr. replaced the SIM card. Same problems. So, that next day I phoned the Verizon service *611 told us that a 2nd phone would not or could not duplicate what the 1st phone was doing. We brought that back to the store... and the associate witnessed it happening and said they were making notes on the account.

Round 3, this time the replacement phone took 5 business days to arrive - so we're onto phone 3. Yep, you guessed phone 3, had sound issues and dropping calls. Again, stop back to the corporate store where we were told there were a few things we could do - we could contact corporate and request another phone and if completely unsatisfied, that we could request a different type of phone. We gave them another chance to resolve the issue.

Another phone was sent out making this phone #4. This phone had similar issues, phone calls dropping or the sound crackling and going in and out. So again on the phone with 611... I was told by a technical support manager, Sam from New Mexico, (while on my 4th phone) that because we had been on the phone for hours, stood in line for hours, driven back and forth to the store, missed important calls, having been paying 100% for a brand new phone & having a refurbished phone, and for paying 100% for wireless services that were NOT being provided that he would make an adjustment on our bill.

When I called today to follow up, there is no amount to be deducted on our account. Yet, another disappointment. Oh, at one point they (Sheila from S. Carolina) did take a whopping $25.00 off our bill for all of these inconveniences and the cost of the case and the glass protectant screens that we keep having to replace every time the phone is replaced. So a one time $25.00 fee has been deducted from our account. SO we are paying full price for a brand new phone that is supposed to function 100% of the time. Instead, it is 2/2/2017, a 5th replacement phone has arrived. I will have to make yet again another trip to the corporate store and stand in line again for the associates to switch the info from my 4th non-working refurbished phone to a 5th refurbished phone. There are too many things here that have gone wrong and have yet to be made right.

The customer service associates are extremely limited as to what help and knowledge they can provide. Every time I ask to speak with a supervisor I've been met with great opposition. One of the supervisors, Maggie from Florida told me call back the next day. Another, Daniel from South Carolina, Management Verizon Technical Support employee ID ** - (I learned along these past 3 months that you need to log and track whom you speak with and their ID#'s) actually, after asking and begging (Daniel **) him to put me through to someone could help me resolve these issues, his response was "Uh, yeah... that's not gonna happen." He then hung up on me.

A few minutes later, Daniel sent texts that my phone was unattended. False. He had just hung up on me. I didn't go anywhere, he did - Daniel, a manager from Verizon Technical support had failed me and failed his company to fix this problem. This problem which should have been resolved prior to this 5th replacement phone is yet to be resolved. So, along with the very unprofessional manager, Daniel, other managers so, so many Verizon associates, in the store and on the phone have failed epically.

This is unfathomable that this is happening and continues to happen, I am paying for this treatment, multiple refurbished phones that do not work and service that is deplorable, Why have I not been provided with a brand new phone and service that works for the past three months. I'm paying for that. How is this excellent customer service??

After being hung up, I then called the Verizon 611 again and went through the scenario in a shortened version and upon asking for a supervisor & explaining that I had just been hung up on by another manager, I was given Sam from New Mexico... Sam listened and offered to make an adjustment on our bill for the endless problems we have had with Verizon services, Verizon and the Samsung Galaxy 7s, There is more of this and hours wasted trying to resolve this. I have expressed the importance of me paying for a phone and importance of me getting those calls and texts that continue to be dropped, not heard, etc.

I cannot stress enough how incredibly stressful this is all the while paying 100% for a brand new phone that is now on my 5th refurbished phone. Also, paying 100% for services that are NOT being provided at a 100%. My time, my aggravation, gas, drive time to and from the Verizon store, time on the phone being passed off or hung up on, all the time standing in a line at the store, all the glass protectors for the screens that I keep having to pay for out of pocket when I'm sent another useless refurbished phone that does not work EVERY time you phone 611. The kicker, the last call that I had with 611, the associate was having trouble with hearing me and was of no help.

Back to the bottom, I simply will not call 611 again today. Why would I - it gets me nowhere. 3 months and still same results. What to do? Who can help? Would a complaint to the BBB, the FCC, the local news channel and newspaper would that help get me a new phone and services that I've been paying for, for the past three months that have not been new and the services are not complete? Why does Verizon make it extremely difficult for the consumer to get what they are paying for? Why not deliver what I am paying for.

Just found out I pay a line access fee of $20.00... fees, tax fee on new device fee... This crooks need to be shut down and to add insult to injury... after speaking with them you receive several calls back re customer service... Employees have been fine. Their program STINKS... They are a disgraceful, disgusting corporation and I applaud ad agency who NAILED IT with their "we've got fees!" ad. Do something.

Negative stars. Beware of these pushy salespeople that will do anything to sell insanely overpriced accessories and useless extras to unsuspecting customers like my mother. She is disabled and on a very fixed income, but these thieves do not care. She went in to the Fort Oglethorpe, Georgia store to get a cheap smartphone after her iPhone 4 broke. She specifically told the associate Tiffany ** that she needed her monthly bill to go down, as it was already too high for what she really uses and needs. She set her up with an iPhone 6 and two of these horribly reviewed "Hum" devices for your car, telling her that they came with the phone and that her monthly bill would indeed go down. Yes they're a promotion and they come "free," she tells my mom who has no idea what these even are. She thinks they're just a roadside assistance membership.

So my mom pays what was due that day for the phone with her debit card, unknowingly agreeing to pay for these two Hum devices and activation fees on her next bill, in addition to a contract on each device with monthly usage fees. She knows nothing about it until 3 weeks later when she gets her $550 bill after the 14 day return window is up. "All they could do" was "meet her halfway" and give her a $50 bill credit. Honestly be ashamed of yourselves. $550 is almost half the money my disabled and ill mother receives a month. I truly regret I didn't counsel her beforehand on lying salespeople and reading all the fine print before signing anything. I guess you really can't trust anyone not to take advantage of elderly and unsuspecting customers that just need a simple phone that can call and text. Always read the fine print with these thieves because they will lie right to your face hoping you don't ask any questions.

When looking for cell phone service dropped calls and coverage are most important but you also must consider another factor, billing, payments and customer satisfaction. I went to paperless billing several months ago as my bill would arrive in the mail about the same time I would get automated calls and messages that within 24 hours my service would be disrupted. When I actually spoke to a rep on the phone about this they told me actually I have until the middle of month but they prompt customers via phone and text anyway. And these are unrelenting, while I have been a customer of theirs for over 10 years, and have only been late several times, I get urgent and harassing calls and texts each month, although my bill is not late. Be prepared to be treated like a servant, not customer, should you select Verizon as your wireless provider.

I've been a Verizon customer for 15 years. They sent me an email offering me a better plan for less money each month. I called about it and questioned the representative about the details. He assured me the plan offered more than the one I currently had and would cost me less each month. After many questions I agreed to accept the new plan. When I received my bill this plan was in fact $10 more a month, not less. I called Verizon and asked them to switch me back to my old plan. They told me that's it's no longer available. A total fraud! I was totally duped!

My family joined Alltel because they were known for having exceptional cell service in our rural area. When Verizon bought them out they told my family that we continue with the same contract without any issues. When I went to college I met my now (wife) who had a different carrier. After a month of texting back and forth I received an angry phone call from my mother saying that she got a cell phone bill that was $1000+ and that it was my number that was racking up the bill. Of course I was confused because I had kept well within my limits, this continued for three more month until finally my parents shut my phone off. I had no phone my entire way through college.

I get out of college and get my own plan, my spouse and I got onto the same plan with Verizon which was costing us $200+ a month for two phones and a shared 8gb data plan, ridiculous. After a while we noticed our cell reception began to slowly fade away until the only way that we could even make a phone call that would last over 30 seconds without being cut out was to drive 15 minutes to the nearest larger town. Even then the signal was pretty poor. So I called Verizon and complained about the quality of the service (I had to call back twice because I lost reception) and they told me that I could not get out of the contract 6 months early although we didn't have any reception.

The gentleman I spoke with kept giving me the run around and only told me that they had the best nationwide cell reception out of all the companies. A month later we were preparing to go to the hospital to have our daughter. I called Verizon and told them to cancel my service because we could no longer afford to be throwing our money away every month. A month later they sent me to collections for $900+ without even giving me the opportunity to pay them directly instead of going through collections (which ruined my credit).

Now we cannot get a plan with another company using our old phone numbers because they will not let us keep our old numbers until we pay them back this $900+ for imaginary senseless fees we cannot get with a different provider for a cheaper plan until we pay them back. Verizon has since then not let me talk to anyone and continues to transfer my calls to the collections agency. I am fed up with them and most people I know in my area are having the same issues with Verizon and are switching.

I am an owner of a business. While I was working, my phone was shut down with a message that people get that don't pay their bill or shut down their number. I made a phone call around 4:30. Shortly after that, I made another phone call. I got a recording about calling a number linked to a business account. I tried to reach this same person on his secondary number and got the same recording. Then I tried a 3rd person who I know does not have Verizon. Same message!!!

As a business with 12 employees, I have customers and employees that rely on contacting me. Friday at 4:30 PM was not a time to be lied to. Especially when customer care is not open until Monday. My phone number being active is very important to me.

The reason they did this was because they want my Note 7. When I called on my 3rd try, I followed the Prompts and went straight to technical support. The person with tech support tried to help me with my issue. His first question was to see if I have another device I can call from. I'm working in the field, this is my only device! He then told me it would be easier if I had another device to use so he could help me with my issue.

His next question was, "what phone do you have?" When I told him I had a Samsung Galaxy Note 7, I took my time to see if he already knew? He did! Then he acted like he had no idea why my phone didn't work. I asked if it had anything to do with my phone being a Note 7? He said no, this would not be an issue, but he insisted on me getting on a different phone so he could get in my phone to see what was wrong. Again I asked him if he was sure about this Note 7 thing? He asked me to hold so he could find out for sure. My hold time was about 3 seconds when he came back with an answer of no. I asked why it wasn't working and he said Samsung shut down the rest of their phones. I told him Samsung has no control of this. Only Verizon can shut down my phone. He assured me that it wasn't Verizon, it was Samsung.

I had people to call for jobs and estimates. I was left with one angry customer who wanted a lead time and another customer I was not able to call or call the person who helps me to measure. I don't know yet if I will lose this job and lose the customer, but both these are remodel calls. If I can sell it, supervise it, it's 6 weeks of income from what my old license was capable of producing. I know I had already lost $4,000. I won't know until Saturday to Monday if I lost more.

If the Verizon rep was honest with me, I could have went home to swap out my phone so my SIM works in a different device. I was still within 5 miles from home. Instead I tried to make it and then deal with angry clients.

I felt the last one would understand if I could make it back home by 8 PM. I don't like to call customers after 8 PM and I didn't want to walk in the back yard without help making measurements and sending pictures so I could write an estimate. By the time I returned home it was after 8 PM. I tried to calm the current client down and explain my Note 7 and why couldn't give a lead time after waiting 1.5 hours for him to get home from work. I looked like a complete moron when he arrived home.

Once I finally made it home, my wife was upset. We have Life 360 and my phone showed I disappeared off the planet. She thought it was an excuse but after 45 minutes of finally getting her to listen, it was resolved. Now I have an entire weekend to wait to get my business line to work. I don't know how much money will be lost? I know if the rep for Verizon was honest, I would have corrected this issue.

Samsung did not shut the phone down! I have a spare Verizon phone at home that is used as a personal line. When I stuck my SIM card from that phone into my Note 7, my Note 7 worked fine. I made a call and received a call as a test. When I placed my SIM card in my old Note 5, I can receive calls but can't make calls or send and receive text messages. WiFi is great, it still charges to 100%.

Not only did Verizon lie, but they also tried to hide my Note 7. When I log into my Verizon, it use to show a non Verizon device. Samsung gave all carriers the ability to shut charging down to where a Note 7 would not charge past 60%, I was still able to charge to 100%. The next update was to keep the phone from charging at all. It still charges to 100%. If Verizon would have followed Samsung's updates, I would not have this problem. I would have traded my phone in once I lost my ability to charge. For the time being, I could at least use an external battery to use my phone. Not with Verizon! After 20 years of their service, I'm done!

I was almost done when they played the game of not receiving a device on their 14 day return policy. Unfortunately, I didn't keep the receipt of the tracking number. They took advantage and I was out $550. Today with tech support, he kept asking if I had the receipt on purchasing the Note 7. After the last deal, of course I have the receipt. No, I will not turn in my Note 7! He was very adamant about me getting a box to ship my phone back to Samsung. I'm keeping it!!! I flashed it and now it doesn't show as being on their system. My wife likes it and she will use it the way I did. It was charged outside and she uses blue tooth like me. A little phone call about shutting down my phone would have resolved many issues.

I purchased a hotspot with Verizon on a 15 trail to see if I would get service at my cabin. They reassured me I would not get charged. I returned device as I did not get service. They made me pay the monthly service I used on the weekend I tried to get service that was too slow for me. They attempted to charge me again the following month where I spent the next 6 mo providing credit card statements, etc to show I had already paid a full month and had returned the device that I should not have been charged in the first place. They refuse to solve my issue and this is now on my credit report for next 7 years. DO NOT BUY VERIZON WIRELESS SERVICE. Go with ATT. Much better service and coverage.

I am sure I am not alone. Verizon customer for many years. Finally decided to upgrade to Pixel phone at Verizon urging to do so with promises of rebates on old phones, no contracts, rollover of unused data from previous months not used. etc. Needless to say, after literally, speaking to 7 reps from all different areas, and doing EXACTLY what they instructed to do, I never got the rebates, was put in 24 month contract, was denied rollover they make a big deal over on T.V., told lies, rude, arrogant and downright nasty people. Keep sending you to different people who promise to do this and that to correct the misrepresentations, and nothing happens except my frustration level elevating to the point where you just want to vomit.

Paid almost $ 3000 for equipment, and can not get them to live up to the deal. Asked them to refer to the tape with rep. to verify what I was told, they refuse to do so. A Jose **, Stacy **, "Buck" **, local store manager, aptly named, for passing the "buck", Krysta **, and the list goes on. Buck refused to e-mail, or call a Ms Nicoma ** who in e-mail in my hand, said bring trade in phones to local store and she would rebate once the store acknowledged they had them. "Buck" refused to accept them and also refused to e-mail or call Ms. **. Would not read e-mail from Verizon in my HAND, instructing me to drop off phones there.

Verizon could not care less, lip service, and hoping you get so frustrated you go away. I will not be that easy. Going to FTC, state consumer, BBB, State atty. general, AND small claims court with docs. in hand, that clearly show I am correct, and hope a judge slaps them good. It is a shame that for paying years, tens of thousands of dollars, can not get a simple thing done, when I have it in writing from them!!! I would rather do without a phone, than to have to talk to them, via e-mail or phone again. It has made me ill. STAY AWAY FROM THEM AT ALL COSTS. It is not worth anything to get so aggravated to the point where you waste a ton of time and energy just getting the same company script. They should be punished the way they treat people. I hope someone is reading and listening here, since if it helps one person, I feel that I have done some good to expose their scams, and bait and switch.

However I suspect the few carriers I am limited too in my area, all are up to the same tactics, because, of the lack of completion the govt. allows. I feel better now that I vented. You have no idea what you feel like when you're lied to, treated like a fool, and they blame you!!! Imagine what would happen to you, if you treated a customer like I was. You would be called out on the carpet, and perhaps lose your job. For these folks, it is just another day in the neighborhood.

I approached Verizon Wireless in order to save money. They constantly gave me various, inconstant prices for their "new plans." I was told to contact customer service for a manual adjustment in order to comply with a price I was quoted for a new plan the prior day. In contacting customer service, the rep told me she not waive a monthly "line service fee" that I was not quoted the day before. The line service fee is not included in Verizon's prior plans. They are baiting their customers with what looks like attractive new plans to save money and get more data coverage. They have inserted a bogus "line service fee" into their new plans to gouge consumers and heap more profit.

I signed on with Verizon on the 15th of January of 2017. So about 9 days ago. I had to go into the store and get another sim card yesterday because my calls were dropping and now they are saying that I have used 3 gigs of data in one day downloading stuff from one phone to the other so that I can give them the phone to pay the final bill when my Wi-fi at home was connected when I did this. The customer service is no good. The wireless service is no good. No wonder the Verizon guy went over to Sprint. Verizon does not have the network or the service and they are overpriced and no unlimited data plans at all. Stick with Sprint because T-mobile isn't any better or try AT&T. I am looking into Cricket now. I heard they are good too. BTW... I only purchased 4 gigs of data for two phones because I only use 2 gigs a month so that is the added insult to injury.

We have been with them for 20 years and although I hate their politics but I must admit they have the best reliability. We don't have dropped calls like other carriers. I know neighbors have (Sprint.) I wish they had better policies on net neutrality, anti trust, etc. They have good customer service at the local store though it is quite a wait. Phone service is good, English speakers, and problems resolved.

Called Verizon for assistance 3 times. Had a phone plan that allowed for a tablet for free. Went to Middletown Verizon store on Dec 2016. Told the store I was turning off my plan. Which should have cost me $250.00. I ended up paying $550 and another $150.00 in late fees in Jan 2017 (2 months later). Store did not turn off my free tablet (free on my plan) so Verizon added late fees to my so-called turned off plan. I ask for customer manager who also told me "NOTHING I can do since you paid (in order to keep my credit clean)." This company is the biggest ripoff and poor service. I am 25 yrs old and will avoid anything Verizon in my future. It saddens me that my parent just got Verizon TV service and my mom assured me she will go to Comcast when her contract expires.

I changed my Verizon Phone Service over to another provider. I requested to export my phone number to the new provider. Initially the phone number was exported, then I received a message from my new provider stating that Verizon would not allow the export of my phone number I had for years. The new provider requested that I contact Verizon of the issue. Verizon informed me that they were not stopping the provider. Once the phone was disconnected they blamed me and the provider, though we requested the export of the phone number numerous times before disconnection. I did the same exact process for my mother-in-law two weeks later with Comcast and did not have any issues. Verizon informed me if I wanted my number, I would have to resign up with them, go thru a credit check and they would give me the number at about 59.99 per month.

Carrier makes it difficult to figure out your bill. They over charge for phones, and then if it get stolen it is impossible for them to take that phone off your bill. If the actual wi-fi and phone use wasn't so reliable I would leave them in a heartbeat. Overpriced!!!

This new Verizon Wireless store that only cares about making the sale and very little else. Came in with a broke phone, they could have told me that it was under warranty but choose not to, rather, sold me a piece of junk Kyocera Hydro Elite. Had problems with the phone after week, but I failed to return it within 14 days. Told me that they could do nothing for me at eh 17 day (72 hours over the limit) mark (nice right 3 days). Told me they're not a corporate store and to drive up to Cranberry and talk those corporate store people. So I did that.. Again nothing. The Verizon corporate store does not sell that brand because it's junk (his words not mine). Then I was told to call Verizon 611. Yeah, can you believe this?

So I call customer service at Verizon while I am now driving BACK to the Verizon Wirelesses Wexford store. Customer service told me that I had the warranty on my old phone, but they could do nothing for me on the new one, but that I could try and ask the manager to help me out evidently good managers do that. So that's what I did. I went back and asked really nice if they could help me out. The manager, some guy who never even approaches or speaks to me directly (like buying a car) but tells the young man to call the phone manufacturer and ask THEM to replace my defective phone. Of course this was only done after they checked my phone out to make sure I was not lying about the problems. It checked out whew! So now I have another $400.00 junk phone on the way to my house. A phone I'm stuck with because Verizon could care less about anything but making a sale.

PS: I never knew how much the phone originally cost until the sale was over. They will try and trick you with the old increase in the monthly bill routine. Makes it sound like the phone is free with your plan. Make sure they give you the numbers up front. Car salesmen get a bad rap I think, phone sales are, in my opinion, far worse.

Verizon has owed me $120.00 for four years for a phone I traded in. I've spoken with a lot of people and no one seems to be able to help me. If anyone knows how I can be helped please let me know. If I didn't pay my bill they would let me know immediately.

On 9/29/2016, I called Verizon to cancel my account. I had been dissatisfied with the quality of customer service for some time, so had decided to cancel my account. I paid all the necessary fees and costs to attain a $0 credit and was verified by the service provider that my account had been cancelled and I would not be receiving any more bills from Verizon.

Cut to December, I received a bill from Verizon saying I had an overdue bill from October. I called Verizon and was informed that my account was cancelled on October 15th and I had a balance due. Extremely dissatisfied with the quality of customer service and the apparent lying of associates to customers. I know of several individuals that have had similar issues with Verizon. I would never recommend Verizon to anyone; unless they want to get ripped off.

We drive cross country at least once a year. I carry my iPad and iPhone so I'm usually covered at all times. So far Verizon has the best coverage on route 40 with only a few spots without coverage. However, the desert could use a few more towers. We had to contact customer service a few times and were very satisfied.

I have a promotional contract with Verizon which is over the Jan. 2017, I wanted to upgrade my phone but I was told that since it's a promotional contract that I had to change my contract, which I don't want to do. So now I'm checking out other cellular phone services that want my business.

I travel frequently to locations in Northern New England where other service providers, other than Verizon, do not have coverage. Before switching back to them, I had an AT&T service which was more expensive and less reliable when traveling (roaming). Also their reps seemed more impatient and less willing to help when I contacted them with problems or questions.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Verizon Wireless is a subsidiary of Verizon Communications, which formed in 2000 when Bell Atlantic and GTE merged. Verizon Communications is a publically-traded company with headquarters in Basking Ridge, N.J. It offers cellular phone service through contract plans and unlimited prepaid plans for smartphones and basic phones.

• Features: Verizon’s prepaid plans come with many free features, including caller ID, call waiting, call forward, data alerts and three-way calling. Compatible phones also include voice mail, visual voicemail and mobile hotspot connectivity for free.
  • Switch to monthly: Customers can use any phone purchased from Verizon for a prepaid plan if they decide to sign up for a monthly plan. This feature may appeal to those who need temporary service and may wish to return to a monthly, contract plan in the future.
  • Canada and Mexico: All of Verizon’s prepaid plans for smartphones include unlimited text messages to mobile phones in Mexico and Canada. Customers can choose to add on minutes to place voice calls to Mexico and Canada or place international calls with a per-minute surcharge.
  • Payment options: Customers can pay for service online or from their phone. They can also set up autopay so that their phones remain active. Although customers cannot simply make a payment in a Verizon store, they can purchase a refill card from a Verizon store and use that to refill their phone online.
  • Next-day shipping: Customers who order a phone from Verizon to use with a prepaid plan receive free next-day shipping.
  • Best for Verizon is best for temporary users, business owners and budget-conscious customers.

Compare Prepaid Phones