Verizon Wireless
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

Verizon Wireless

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 23, 2017

4715 Verizon Wireless Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

I subscribed to Verizon, switching from another major provider, due to comments by other Verizon users in this area and reportedly great service. However, it became apparent rather quickly that the service is poor, and despite attempts with local Verizon office and by phone with Verizon rep, it could not be corrected or improved. Irony of whole thing is that a coworker in same office gets excellent service. I'm a veteran and was never offered any discount. Overall, very disappointing and I DO NOT recommend Verizon to anyone.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

I recently switched from AT&T to Verizon. What a disappointment. We upgraded to the new iPhone 8+. The service is EXCEPTIONALLY SLOW when out and about. I am now trying to cancel my agreement with them. Sitting in front of Michaels in Surprise, it can take anywhere from 3 to 5 minutes to access Instagram, Twitter, or just the internet in general. When I was with AT&T it was virtually instantaneous! Be very careful before switching. They have absolutely no interest in providing good customer service.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 19, 2017

Although I suggest Verizon service as best for connectivity and reliability, their support is abysmal. An iPhone on my account kept dropping off WiFi causing me to purchase a "boost" to keep my account below data coverage. Strangely enough, this happened within same month I paid off my phone. Sometimes I wonder if data has been manipulated. Verizon salesperson suggested phone is getting old and not much can be done. Suggested new phone. Shocker! A new phone that cost $10 more a month than what is offered on website. They did mention going to Apple store as an option. Thankfully Apple store/support was choice. Issue was corrected by tech over phone after connecting phone to internet.

Verizon employees should be knowledgeable about products considering they sell them. Suggesting nothing could be done with phone and offering a new one is somewhat deceitful. I have had other bad experiences with Verizon, mainly customer service. Moral of story is, check with manufacturer of phone before buying a new one! Apple offers free diagnostic service. Others may as well!

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

I signed up for Verizon in store with Steve and surrendered my two iPhones to Verizon and they didn't say anything that I would have to use it at Verizon only. I was told I would receive it in the mail after Oct 31st since the account has to be in good standing for 45 days. Well I received it in a email on Sept 16th. So I called the 611 and they said I could go to the store to cash it out and I waste my time and embarrassment because they said no. So I call again and talk to Samuel and he said I would be able to receive a check in the mail in 3-5 business days. Well guess what NOPE! So I got online and chatted with Jamie and she also promised that I would receive it overnight that I would have to call the financial dept to authorize it because of the fraud. Well Nov 18th I called to authorize it to be told I can't do that either.

I was on the phone for an hour and half hours to 2 hours. I just need to pay my Sprint bill because of the phones. It is 1200.00. I thought I was going back into an awesome company but now I am looking to switch because I won't stay with a company that I can't trust. A normal company would try to make it right but not Verizon. Just keep lying. I will also rate you guys online and tell them what happened to prevent others from getting screwed over. You could at least send me a gift card with cash advance for the remainder of the credit on my account.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

Once again, lied to and cheated by a company I've done business with for 15 years. I was quoted a price that my bill would be with the purchase of a new device. I was told that with a credit applied to my bill that an increase of only $7 a month would occur. I even asked the Verizon representative to make a notation on my account that I questioned the validity of the quote and was continually assured it was correct...immediately thereafter my bill went up nearly $40. When I called to complain I was told that it was an estimated quote and that I should have relied on my own equations of the increase... Despite that I did and was assured that "credits" balanced it all back out.

I have heard from many other people, very similar circumstances. They tell you that they can save you money via credits or changing/adjusting your service only to find they've been lied to. I once received a sales call in which I told the representative that I didn't care for Verizon and was told, "I don't care if you do business with us or not, personally". That employee was terminated after Verizon played the call back. Initially I thought, good...that serves him right. Now I realize that employee was likely the only honest Verizon employee I'd ever dealt with. At least he told me, what I feel all of the Verizon employees think.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Verizon Home Phone Service?

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

I transferred companies because Verizon had no service wear. I was deploying just before I left the States right after my new phone was activated. My Verizon account was deactivated along with any way to pay them their final bill unless I went into a store and I was not able to do that. I spoke with them and they said that the bill would be suspended till I got back and would not go to collections. I am still overseas and got a call from a collection agency over the account. I called Verizon and they said no notes of an agreement was made note of and there is nothing that they can do for me and I will have to pay the whole amount along with the collection fee and it is collection reporting so it feels like revenge on a deployed service member for cancelling service.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

Have been with Verizon over 15 yrs. Recently purchased a portable modem which worked great the first month. Ever since then service has gone downhill. We hardly use it and get messages that we have reached our limit within the first 10 days of our billing cycle. Signal is slow and our phones have gotten slower yet the price continues to rise. If they can't support that many devices in the network then they shouldn't offer the service. We are currently researching new networks and are seeking new routes. I would not recommend this company.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

I am so disappointed with how Verizon is treating me as a loyal customer. To think I left my previous carrier for them. Not only am I paying them double now but I'm paying double for nothing. 3 months ago me and my wife got robbed and part of this robbery was our 2 cell phone devices we have financed with Verizon. After the robbery I purchased the same phones online for 20% the cost Verizon was charging me. That's 200 each! I'm paying them over 1000 each! Besides that not a huge deal to me but really gets me is now my devices are acting up and I need new phones. I kindly call them and ask for help to get me into new phones and they want me to pay $954 and then refinance new devices. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I've been loyal to you guys. You can't work out some type of deal with me like maybe add the current balance to a new balance and just get me new phones and extend our contract another 2 years. I mean I don't understand.

As a business owner myself I'm very disappointment in the lack of how you guys are willing to work with a customer who has been loyal. Not just myself but my entire family of 6. We have all agreed to pay the balance owed to you guys and leave your service permanently. In the long run you will be losing far more money from us than the few you're losing now that we're still willing to pay. Just needed some help. Not that it matters to you guys as shown from your service. A company so huge with so much money should be able to assist us with making new arrangements on new devices. We weren't asking to waive the money. In fact we wanted to up sold new devices without having to pay $954 all at once to just get these devices paid off. I feel the customer should always be right and the place of business should always have a option for customer satisfaction. In this case I'm not gonna pay you 1000 to just finance another 2000 for new phones.

Also every other carrier is willing to help us. Some even willing to pay off our contracts just to get our service and leave you guys. I'm sorry but the Verizon hype needs to end. Poor service! Extremely expensive! No help! What am I paying for? Apparently I'm paying to waste my time writing this. VERIZON THANK YOU FOR SHOWING ME YOUR TRUE COLORS INTERNALLY AS A BUSINESS. Horrible experience. I'll be sharing my experience on my blogs and social media as well. Making it a goal to voice my opinion about you guys with my 170k followers.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

My hubby had a glitch once. The phone started texting in Chinese. But during Irma did not lose any coverage while friends who had AT&T and US Cellular had trouble the whole time.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

It was easy to get set up, phone pkg and price were great. Anytime I have had a question, they are very patient and explain things so I can understand them.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

The service is ok and time to correct issues well is poor but being on them they have step up. I like the mobile phone. They're really great. I like the galaxy 7s and I plan to own the 8s.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

I have tried several different companies, & I have been using Verizon for a while now. This company has the coverage they promise but their prices are outrageous compared to the others and are getting hard to deal with.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

Price a little high and have thought about switching carriers, but have stayed with Verizon because they provide excellent service. Rarely have interruptions, never had to deal with customer service.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

I'm sure I do not need all the "things" I have in my phone. Between my wife and I we spend 160 to 170 dollars a month. We are retired on a fixed income and you are about to lose us as good paying, consistent customers.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

Verizon has been very good to me. I have been with them for 10 years. They value their customers. I travel all over the United States, I have never had a problem with their signal. I highly recommend them.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

Verizon Wireless likes "nickel and diming" consumers. Always increasing fees, without any visible improvements. The few little things I watch certainly does not warrant the cost I have to incur. There should be some consideration for seniors.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

I use 3 lines, home service and a notepad. You cannot beat the convenience of their home phone lines and portability. I like their service overall, but I find them to be very expensive.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

They charge too much for what they offer. We've been their customer over 20 years & never have they offered any discounts, etc. Their customer service takes approx 2 hours per person. That's too long. I despise going into their store for I know I'll be there for HOURS!

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

Two years ago, after my wife had passed away, I had an existing fairly new contract on her Galaxy smartphone. Verizon understood my situation and simply required the return of her Galaxy and cancelled the contract with no penalty. Now that is considerate service.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

Verizon people do not explain to you that when you purchase a new phone, that anything extra put on your 1st month's bill, also has to be paid when you pay the bill, very high bill to start with. They tell you that the company will help you and stretch it out over 2 to 3 months in small portions with your monthly bill. WRONG. This does not happen. They have some very rude, hateful staff working in the customer care office. I hate to call to ask them a question because If I do, and I get the arrogant hate people again, I will not be nice at all. I am a nice, caring person but I hate being lied to. Why are the phones so expensive? They aren't that high tech. Not like ones we purchased anyway.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

Customer service call center is really easy to work with. Brick and mortar stores not so much. Wait times are ridiculous; the store will have 4-5 representatives, perhaps three will be with customers while at least 2-7 customers are waiting for help. I've left the store numerous times for lack of assistance and I was the first in line.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

They don't send you paper bills, they don't send you ebills, you have no idea what your balance is each month. After being Verizon's customer for more than 10 years, it's time for me to switch. The customer representative I talked to had a very bad attitude too. Instead of realizing how ridiculous it is that they don't send me bills in any format, she complains that I don't call them every month to find out about my bill.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

I am terminating my very long term business wireless account with Verizon. I never never experienced such a level of deceit and outright disconcern for customers. Their representatives promised on TWO separate telephone conversations that my total bill with ALL fees, taxes, and made up charges would a specified amount and they billed me 50% more and started taking on fees and charges on top of that. I patiently endured many years of having to waste an hour of my time calling them when out of the blue my plan would change for no reason. This latest situation involved 4 separate calls and THREE HOURS on the phone.

I understand why so many customers end up taking them to small claims court and why countless reviews have recommended recording all telephone communication with this company. I left AT&T twenty years ago because they conducted business in a very deceitful manner and took advantage of customers. From my experience Verizon has chosen this path as well. What amazes me is how much money carriers spend to acquire customers. If they were simply honest, respectable and reasonable they would retain them. If I treated a single customer in this manner it would be the demise of my business. If there were an honest wireless and/or cable company they would be so successful given the options available today. How Verizon conducts business is simply criminal.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

Why does Verizon have to be so abusive of their customers? They've taken me from being one of their biggest fans to absolutely hating their methods of "taking care" of the customer. The rude attitude, the overcharging, not exchanging supplies that don't work. Is it really worth the bad publicity? I will be extremely vocal as I have been with Verizon for over 25 years and if there was another carrier with good coverage in our area I would leave Verizon immediately. Shame on your company's culture and how you handle us consumers.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

On September 07, 2017 I placed an order for 2 phones on their website, but their shipping department sent the phones to the wrong address so I canceled the order. The cancellation was confirmed and I saw the UPS tracking that showed it arrived in their returns department in Ft. Worth, TX. Then I receive a bill for the equipment charges as a device payment buyout charge each for 769.99 plus taxes x 2 phones. I call them to see if the charges are going to get fixed. They said it would automatically get fixed when the returns dept processes the returns. The customer service person confirmed that the phones were received and process, but the bill is not adjusted. She said she'll put in a ticket to get it fixed. The bill due date is really close so I call again and they said it could not be fixed, after escalating it up to a supervisor, they adjusted the bill for the equipment buyout charges and the activation fees, but they can't do anything about the taxes.

They promise it'll get resolved automatically when their system updates. Well, it's now November 13, 2017, and I'm on my 6th call trying to get it resolved. The problem is no one in customer service is allowed to fix anything and they have to escalate a ticket for a reviewer to look into it. So, this is what typically happens when you call. Customer service says it needs to be addressed by FInancial Department to fix the bill. Financial Department says it needs to get resolved by Customer Service because they have to verify I don't owe any money. After a lot of ranting to supervisors, they always agree it's not my fault and they will fix it. Anyway, I still have a past due bill for $116.49 and the due date is approaching again. The charges are for the taxes on the 2 phones I ordered in September. If they were able to refund the order, why isn't taxes part of the refund? Meanwhile, they keep promising me it'll get fixed.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2017

After a 45 minute wait to purchase my first iPhone I was very unhappy. With no updates, apologies, communication at all, I went to the desk and asked how much longer the wait would be. After being told I was behind 2 customers (with no apology for the wait) I indicated that no customer should be allowed to stand around with no communication/updates for 45 minutes. I was informed by this manager that he had 5 people on the floor and that everyone had problems. I was further asked "What did I want?". When I replied "A different business model." he seemed offended. I can assure you he was not as offended as I. This guy seems to operate under the assumption that he has a captive audience and his customers should be glad for his meager attention. I remain extremely unhappy with his meager attention.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

I switched to Verizon over the summer from T-Mobile. I was happy with the service overall, except that I have never received the incentive of $200 dollar per phone that I move from other carriers. I called Verizon and they said that I should have filled up a form within the first few weeks to receive the incentive. I remember clearly asking the store what I needed to do; they said; “Nothing, just wait to receive your Visa card.” Verizon was "kind" enough to give me half the incentive seeing that all was in line, without filling up any forms!!! Which just confirms that the form wasn't required at the first place, they just wanted to find a way to not fulfill their promise.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

So, while their service coverage are really good you will pay for it. One line with Galaxy S8 10 gigs $170 a month. No rewards for loyalty. Wife was having issues with her phone and got another through another carrier. We didn't have a service contract, but Verizon still changed a $170 early term fee over the $60 still on the phone. Run away as fast as you can from these worthless pieces of garbage.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

Like everyone else I guess, Verizon brags about customer service. Yet, when it comes to have a chance to help customers, they fail to deliver. Automated phone answering service is horrible. Waiting time: "20 minutes or less"!!! at 8:20 AM EST on a Friday. They would not give a direct number for billing department, thus another waiting period. As usual, faithful customers (10+ years) get a lesser treatment (and greater bill) than new ones.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

I was on a previous family plan that was wonderful then she passed and we did not have password- so started my own plan not understanding how different plan would be. Purchased a new phone so have 2 now but came to understand I could only have 1 on my account- checked a page for seniors that had a plan that seemed to be better but not active- now I cannot get help by phone, internet nor callback. Website does not recognize my password-zip code- etc though it shows up on my info sheet online.

Verizon Home Phone Service expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Verizon Wireless is a subsidiary of Verizon Communications, which formed in 2000 when Bell Atlantic and GTE merged. Verizon Communications is a publically-traded company with headquarters in Basking Ridge, N.J. It offers cellular phone service through contract plans and unlimited prepaid plans for smartphones and basic phones.

• Features: Verizon’s prepaid plans come with many free features, including caller ID, call waiting, call forward, data alerts and three-way calling. Compatible phones also include voice mail, visual voicemail and mobile hotspot connectivity for free.

• Switch to monthly: Customers can use any phone purchased from Verizon for a prepaid plan if they decide to sign up for a monthly plan. This feature may appeal to those who need temporary service and may wish to return to a monthly, contract plan in the future.

• Canada and Mexico: All of Verizon’s prepaid plans for smartphones include unlimited text messages to mobile phones in Mexico and Canada. Customers can choose to add on minutes to place voice calls to Mexico and Canada or place international calls with a per-minute surcharge.

• Payment options: Customers can pay for service online or from their phone. They can also set up autopay so that their phones remain active. Although customers cannot simply make a payment in a Verizon store, they can purchase a refill card from a Verizon store and use that to refill their phone online.

• Next-day shipping: Customers who order a phone from Verizon to use with a prepaid plan receive free next-day shipping.

• Best for: Verizon is best for temporary users, business owners and budget-conscious customers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs