Verizon Wireless

Compare Cell Phone Providers

Research top Cell Phone Providers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Since moving in January 2017 and due to the lack of Verizon Fios service in my area, I had to pay Verizon to install their equipment in my home. After finding out the POOR Internet speed that they promised would be sufficient for my Internet usage, I have called them more about 10 times and have spent countless hours trying to return my equipment, fight the $278.15 that they are charging me for the DSL service that I was not able to use at all. After holding on the phone with Carlos Customer Support manager with ID ** for 30 mins, they hung up on me and they cannot route me to the same manager that I was holding the line with.

Ever since signing up with Verizon, I've had nothing but problems. These include faulty equipment that had to be exchanged several times. Also poor internet service that did not match what they were billing me for. Then the worst part is constant overbilling on their monthly statements. Eventually, I got fed up and took them to small claims court. The result was not great but at least we got steady billing for the remainder of the service period and steady internet service. However as soon as the contract was over and before we switched to a new carrier, the problems really started. We were cut off for days from service, we were overbilled, we had a load of other problems.

Finally we cut the cord and returned the equipment and then we will got charged for extra days of service which we did not have. We did not get credit for all the equipment that was returned, and on top of that (even after getting confirmation that our service was terminated) we got new notifications that we would keep getting billed until we stopped our service. What does it take to get them off our backs? We wrote e-mails, letter, made phone calls, and they still threatened to bill you (probably until the day you die).

Like so many other people, we also got cheated by Verizon on our phone deals. We talked to their agent on the CS line and they told us we would be getting Moto Z play phones at no cost. Now, they are charging us $17 per phone per line for these phones. Now when I called to dispute this case, they are bringing up non-sense terms that they didn't at all clearly disclose to us. Every time we talk to their agent, they add a new twist to their promo. Now we have to end up paying more for Motorola phones that we would have otherwise done for Pixel or iPhone. I don't know why VZ is not under fire for these ugly sales tactics. I am never again going to use VZ.

So I went to put on my Gear 2 smartwatch today since I was on call and working in the yard. Went to forward my calls to it and there was an update which I was forced to download, and then the app wouldn't open. The Verizon tech support guy proceeded to tell me that I needed a new watch, and when I repeated that the app was telling me my phone was incompatible, then went on to tell me that I "need to understand how your devices work if you're going to take on the responsibility of owning them (?)" in an extremely rude manner. I told him that what I needed to do was manage highly technical multi systems life support, collect evidence for certain crimes, and manage my yard and what he needed to do was fix my problem. So he then went on about how irresponsible I am for pretending to be capable of managing a watch which I've been using for over a year and then wouldn't let me speak to anyone else and refused to tell me his name.

I literally begged him to just tell me what I needed to do to get him to help me fix my issue. He refused and told me he was going to disconnect from my call, which he then did. If I weren't so busy, I'd have gone down to the nearest Verizon store and attempted to shove that watch (and phone) right up someone's **. If you're looking for new cell phone service, I suggest you go elsewhere.

I have been with Verizon for about a month and the customer service is horrible. I spent an hour on the phone with someone who still cannot tell me what my bill is actually going to be. Also, found it odd that I would want to file a complaint and asked why? I have nearly paying $400 a month for 3 phones. That is why.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Verizon Home Phone Service?

I bought an Iphone 6 from a third party. And I went for the prepaid monthly plan thought that was great no contracts and didn't cost an arm and a leg every month. 3 months after I started the service. It was suspended because the person I bought the phone from did not finish paying for the phone. They said... "But how the hell is that my problem?" It wasn't me! And why did they start my service to start with if that was the case plus they suspended it after I had paid for this month. So here's what I'm going to do. I'm hiring a lawyer!

First and foremost they lied about the service and then they stole my money! I'm very upset about this. No, I'm more than upset, I'm pissed and for one comment I read on here that says all she read was bad reviews. Well maybe when she gets done kissing their ** thinking they won't stab her as soon as she turns around and forgets to pay that over priced contract she is stuck in then she may feel like the rest of us that are being ripped off, cheated and lied to!

My wife and I have had Verizon as our cell phone provider for over 13 years. I recently purchased a Moto Android from the Verizon store at 2234 John Rolfe Parkway, Richmond, VA, and have had it for one month. I went to the Verizon store I purchased the cell phone from to buy a case for it. The young man asked for my cell phone which I gave to him. He had a difficult time fitting the cell phone into the case. He kept trying to press it in but it wouldn't seat flat in the case. The young lady who worked there came over to render assistance and wasn't able to get the phone in the case either. They said they can order me the proper case and have it sent to my address and gave me back the phone. I agreed and we sat at the desk when I looked at my phone and saw the glass covering the camera lens was cracked in the shape of a Y.

I complained that they broke the lens but they insisted they didn't. I told the young lady to replace the phone which I only had for a month. She told me there is a $150 deductible but the insurance doesn't cover the camera so I asked to speak to the store manager. She said there was no manager there so she called another sales associate who inspected the phone and said this was dropped. I told him I never dropped the phone, I only have it a month, the young man was pressing it trying to force it into the case and cracked it. He said "we handle phones all day long. This was dropped. Pressure from fingers didn't cause this. This is gorilla glass and withstands a lot of pressure. The led light under the glass would have broken before the glass lens would have." He then handed me back the phone. I explained I looked over the phone before giving it to the young man and the lens was not broken.

I watched him pressing the phone into the case trying to seat the phone flush but couldn't do it. I watched him pressing the lens with his thumbs. I said I'm certain he didn't break it intentionally but he did break it. I watched him do it. The sales rep said no it wasn't broken by pressure, it was dropped and he wouldn't do anything about the broken lens. It was my word against the three of them. I purchased the Moto Z Force Tech 21, Impact Case and a 2.4 amp Car Plug which he gave me a 50% discount for.

I appreciate the discount but that hardly makes up for breaking the glass on the camera lens. Shortly after receiving the phone back from the sales rep a small piece of the glass fell out and the rest of the lens is now loose. What's interesting about that is it's in the shape of a finger nail. I felt robbed and insulted having been basically called a liar to my face. Verizon I am looking at plans with T-Mobile. I hope the cost of replacing a phone, that your people broke, was worth losing my business. Can you hear me now.

When you purchase your phone, they make everything line up the way you want it by stretching the truth and not letting you know that after the trial period (the time you have to return your phone because of things you don't like, such as the extra $20 or $40 your bill has increased), you either have to pay the remainder of your phone balance or pay the extra money they charge, no matter how high it goes for the next couple of years. I would advise you to go to AT&T. I hate them too, but unlimited talk, text and 6 mg data for $50.

Verizon your customer service is horrible. My husband went into a store to get his account number and they would not give it to him. Not even with an ID. They only wanted a pin which he has never had. He changed his service to another carrier and went into a store to cancel service instead of staying on hold for hours. They told him he had to call. They couldn't close his account there. A friend was in the store at the same time and they told her they didn't have any SIM cards that she would need to go to Walmart and buy one. They also asked for her PIN and she had no idea what they were talking about. For the last 3 days Verizon has called wanting payment for the final bill. We've told them we haven't received the bill yet to please send one. My husband was transferred to 3 different people the 1st day they called. No one could help him because he didn't have his PIN or acct number.

For 3 days I've told them to send us a bill!!! Today I tried chat and initially thought I might get somewhere but no they said I wasn't on the account and gave me the link so my husband could add me. It was ok to talk to me when they wanted me to pay the bill. Guess what he can't get into his account because it's closed. They just keep you running in circles. I'm pretty sure they don't give you this much trouble when they are opening an account. I have never had such horrible customer service. I would not recommend Verizon to anyone!!!

I changed to the Mi Fi 4G unlimited. It worked great for a few days traveling. I must have exceed my limit because now it is so slow it won't even load. If you are traveling for more than a few days... don't do this. It isn't worth it! I can't even do any work on this thing. Verizon... shame on you for luring your customers into unlimited data and then slowing the speed after a couple of days! I read about this previously but didn't believe you would really do that.

Do not trust sales representatives at Verizon Wireless! Recently, I purchased a new cell phone at Verizon. I was informed the cell phone was under a discount promotion. I have called Verizon for the last two months in attempt to correct the situation and for them to enforce the promotion I was promised when I purchased the cell phone. Customer services representative informed me during each called that a ticket for correction been submitted. Today 04/06/2017 after calling Verizon again, I was informed the cell phone I purchased is not eligible for promotion and that an additional ticket needs to be send to the promotion department.

After my conversation with Verizon representative, I was left feeling cheated, scammed and disappointed in the lack of customer service provided. It is not the responsibility of the consumer to make sure employees are providing accurate information or following through on their promises. That is the responsibility of the manager and he has set a VERY low standard of service.

I just read through these reviews and it seems like people only post reviews, when they are upset. So I wanted to post a positive review. I love Verizon Wireless! They have a powerful network, American-Based customer care. Care reps who will actually let you ask them questions, through text, at any time! Just ask and see if they are willing to do this.

Verizon Wireless Is Perfect For: A powerful, Unlimited CDMA (CDMA is so much more powerful then GSM!) and right now in 2017, LTE network. You can use apps to Tether and turn your phone into a Mobile Hotspot. Great American-Based Customer Care. Who really try!!! Awesome Phones, like my Motorola Droid Force Z. (Giant) Network size! I have NOT been to a place yet, with no coverage and I have been all over the USA. Truly Unlimited data! I'm not going to mention my usage, but Verizon has been okay with it so far. I could go on, but you really should post your (Positive) reviews, as well as any (Negatives). I really do love my Verizon Wireless service!

1st of all I added two more lines to my plan on July 2016 and the girl at Costco Verizon told me each line I convert to the plan will be $20 a month plus the data plan. End up being $40 for the 2 converted lines and after back and forth with Verizon customer service they told me "we are sorry that girl doesn't work for Verizon." Then second is my rebate card expired which I didn't know it has an expiration date on 3/17 when I was about to use it at Costco on 4/2/17.

I called rebate center then they said "give us two days and call back" and I did. Then they transfer me to customer Verizon rebate and the lady made me wait more than 57 minutes on line back and forth saying "I am re instated your balance." Then she told me "I will transfer you to the card service department to go over issuing another card or add the balance to the same card." Then the lady from the card department said "we are sorry we can't help you. Basically you lost that $254.75." Very bad service, misleading and make you waste your time and energy. And after that another like 45 minutes for a supervisor that never came to line. No wonder they have less than 2 stars. Am sure if we allow to zero starts they will get zero always. Promise you Verizon very soon switching to Sprint.

Beware their rewards system. I have been a loyal customer paying on time and in full for 3 years. Their rewards disappear without any notification. From 2,150 points for some reason I have only 600 points left now that can't even get me a $10 Starbucks card. It's a scam.

I was misled by the sales rep! I was SOLD by the argument to "Try It! You'll Like It!" with my only risk being saving $20 that month on my Comcast cost. If I didn't like it, I will still be ahead $20 and I could go back to Comcast within the 30-day trial. No other risks! On the upside, if I loved it (which he knew I would) I would get a $150 gift card to cover the $80 installation fee. I'd be making $70 plus the $20 extra per month... Well, we didn't love it. My husband missed the BIG TEN and SEC Networks and going to the next level would cost us more than at Comcast... The FIOS WiFi speed was great but not worth the difference in price. Installation was a nightmare resulting in a week without wifi until correct install could be done. Cancelled within 30 days. Was shocked at my final bill. Installation fee was not waived! Sales rep purposely misled me! $80 fraud and my mistake to trust the sales rep's sales pitch.

I had been with AT&T but the coverage wasn't adequate for the area I was living in at the time. Verizon was my 1st stop on black friday. The staff told me my phone (the one I had already chosen) would be free by receiving a $200 credit after 90 days. The credit didn't appear so I called Verizon today and was told the salesperson was mistaken and the phone I chose was not free. The salesperson actually broke down for me on paper the details of my monthly bill and how & when I would receive my credit. I did get an apology on the phone today but what I expected was the $200 credit. I didn't shop around that day because the "free phone" was a good deal. Call me stupid but I believe promised made by Verizon employees should be honored by Verizon. If anyone reading this is thinking about Verizon - think again.

I have been with Verizon for many years and every year it gets worse and worse. I constantly have problems with them, whether it's about paying the bill or about the tech issues. Every time I have a problem which happens very often I have to call them and the call takes a few hours because they keep me on hold for a very long time and everyone who works for them works very slowly and doesn't get the job done. I once called and asked if I can switch to 1 remote instead of 3 and they said my brand new TV wasn't compatible and they assured me there was no way to connect 1 remote instead of 3 to my brand new TV so I hung up got out the instruction manual and figured it out in 5 minutes. Point is that every time I have a problem which is very often I have to sit for hours and hours on the phone with these dumbasses trying to get some help.

Is this normal to have a $380 bill for two phones for one month? I understand the purchase agreement but this is more than I pay for my home internet, cable TV, electricity, and garbage service combined. I had three old phones, dropped one and upgraded to my first smartphones. My bills for the three were about $125. I don't even come close to using all my data (4 gig). All my calls are supposed to be included. Texting is apparently very expensive after while. Do I have the wrong plan for me? I had no help when setting up my account. If I had known more maybe I wouldn't feel so ripped off. I feel very disillusioned and can't wait till my contract is over. I will never recommend Verizon Wireless to anyone and will gladly advise anyone I meet. Fleeced.

Back in Feb 2017 I paid off both iPhone 6 that I had in order to get this so called free upgrade. Free iPhone 7 is what we were told. We went with the 7 plus so I was told $5 and $15 a month is what I would be paying. Still fine, it was cheaper than what I was paying before. So I pay $88 for my old phone to pay off and $187 for the other phone. Then upgrade to the unlimited plan with great speeds, almost as fast as what I have at the house.

First bill shows up and it $75 more than I was told. Internet sucks, always buffering. Contact Verizon on the phone an a hour later it's supposedly fixed. Next bill shows up $110 more than it's suppose to be and I'm being charged for two phones. When I call Verizon they say I owe on the phone that the store messed up. Why is this my fault? When I call the store they say Verizon needs to fix their mistake, they did everything right. I don't care. I want out and they say only way I can get out is to pay $880 for one phone and $780 for the other phone. This is **!!!

First and foremost I am usually bragging on Verizon, well not in the past month. Started about 3 months ago my phone (droid turbo 2) highly do not recommend it. Started disconnecting and reconnecting to WiFi and Bluetooth connects and doesn't. The signal is the worst I have ever seen on a Verizon phone. Anyway have warranty on my phone and plus still paying a million dollars for it. Since under warranty one would think ok Verizon can replace it with replacement phone that actually works- Nope Motorola has to replace the phone because of the phone brand, I know, it gets better. No it doesn't- they want to place a 250.00 hold on a credit card until they receive the faulty phone back and then in 7-10 days the hold will be removed. Crazy right?

But here is the kicker. I had chatted, talked and even went to a Verizon store and they still gave me the runaround, passing me off from one rep to the other and then promising a replacement phone was on its way and guess what No it's not- just was lying to me to get me to stay with Verizon and wanting me to think that my issue was solved and come to find out it's not. Still have no replacement phone and Verizon will not help solve the issue - Just leads you to believe that you are getting a replacement when in fact you are not.. This is 13 calls, chats, and contacting Verizon and 2 hours on hold with Motorola and dozens of Agents and that's all in 3 days. So if you like the runaround continue on as for me- Just fed up with this nonsense and the lies that Verizon reps tell just to get you off the phone. Sucks that is for sure. This has been the worst Verizon experience I have ever had with them and Not happy at all.

I was with the company for 2 months and in that time the truth was misrepresented numerous times. It began in the store with the store manager promising 6GB at a 50 dollar flat fee. When I received the bill it was 60, so I called. I was told they could not fix it that I would have to go back into the store. In the store the price was adjusted and I was handed the paperwork as proof. When I got out to my car, upon closer inspection the data amount had been adjusted. I was not informed of the adjustment so I went back in. I was told she would have to escalate the situation and I would get a call back within a few days, that call never came. I called again and was told there was nothing they could do.

I then called to inquire about the unlimited plan. Upon discussing it with the young lady she said it would be 85 dollar flat fee. As soon as she changed it I requested it be changed back since I wasn't sure I was going to even need it and I wanted to wait until the new billing period, she said she could not adjust even though it was less than 30 seconds. When I got the bill, no surprise, the bill was NOT 85 but 95 so I called again. This call was to "Myra" and her floor manager Craig and since I had been misled so many times prior, I recorded the conversation.

At the end of the conversation when I wanted to discontinue the NO CONTRACT fully paid account Myra explained I would have a 113 dollar bill. When I asked for what she said for cancelling so I told her I had a no contract in writing sitting in front of me. She said it was for services and I explained I had paid for all services rendered and she said there was nothing she could do. I asked what the bill was for, she could not come up with anything. It was then that I explained I had been recording the call and I recorded the floor manager telling me there was no balance and a credit of 35 dollars. She eventually came back with that credit and a cancellation of the services. When I got off the phone, due to so many prior misrepresentations, I chatted with an agent and confirmed the account was closed with a 35 dollar credit. I had that chat emailed to me as proof.

The next morning I wake up to an email informing me that my service was SUSPENDED NOT cancelled as I had requested. I called AGAIN and asked for the status of my account and it was confirmed that it was suspended NOT cancelled as I had requested. The CS agent said she cancelled but I asked to speak to a floor manager so I could once again confirm. I was never put in touch with a floor manager, my number was taken and I was promised a callback and no one ever called back. The floor manager did send another email to confirm disconnect of the service but never confirmed the negative or zero balance. At the time of writing this letter I still am not sure if the service is disconnected as of today and if I have a zero or credit balance. I had Verizon many years ago and NEVER had these issues. I have never had these issues with any provider. These were the most unethical practices I have encountered when dealing with a company.

The experience I am having with them is lengthy, it's two issues at once. I have 5 devices with them and a pricey data package, yeah, never was able to contact them about the "unlimited thing". So short version, I got laid off without warning, and EDD for some reason I still am not clear on delayed my unemployment for 7 weeks. Well, I found other work, after 6 weeks. Yes unemployment skated again, anyway, I called and requested a payment arrangement and gave an estimated date that I could make a payment. Come to find out I get paid 5 days after that, so I tried to call again, they will not make a new arrangement. So, I will lose 5 lines.

Problem 2: My phone still paying for it and no, no insurance, that's another scam. So I found a phone on Craigslist. Apparently it was blacklisted, suspended my line. My bank account, my PayPal, and my iTunes are inaccessible at this point because that number is linked to all of them. I can get NO ONE on the phone to help. Come the 30th, I will welcome the "interruption" in service because I am going elsewhere. They have the most frustrating customer service system I have ever encountered. EVER. Am I allowed to give 0 stars? Piece of advice to anyone who has not gone Verizon... DON'T! 230,000 rewards points, ha. That program is a complete joke! Sorry this had nothing to do with an order.

I had set auto pay up on my account 2015. I had a steady job (so I thought) and with the trouble I'd had a few times being hit with their late fees, I knew it'd be the best thing to do. And it worked fine, with no conflicts. Unfortunately right before the year's end, I was laid off, and have yet to find anything for jobs. With the hardest part of the month being from the 20-28th, I knew I was going to have problems being able to make March's Verizon payment. Two days before the auto pay was set to come out, I went to my mobile app and set up the payment for 3-26 to give me time to come up with what I needed since the normal date would cause me problems with the bank. I got that taken care of and even received a confirmation email stating my payment would be deducted the 26th as I requested.

Imagine my surprise and anger when I received both a text and email from Verizon 3-23 thanking me for and confirming my payment. I immediately got on the phone with CS telling them my payment was not scheduled until the 26th and they'd even sent me an email saying it wouldn't, yet they turned around and did it anyway. The rep had seen what I was talking about but had to transfer me to their financial department. The lady had no answer why they'd done it, she had proof I requested and was granted, which I demanded a refund for. The lady said she'd process my refund, but it'd take anywhere from three to seven days for it to be credited back, which could've been after the 26th.

Right after I got off the phone with Verizon, I called my bank, who delighted me with the news my payment had actually been taken out the normal date, costing me $29 more on top of my bill and putting me even further in the hole. Knowing making another payment would be absurd and possibly cost me another $29 and more junk mail from the bank, I called Verizon back to tell them not to bother refunding me. I questioned why I was immediately notified right after a payment had been deducted, or received before, but not until the day after this time? Of course the lady had no answer for that, either.

Being on auto pay turned a $117 bill to $146 thanks to their inept customer service, which I believe I should be completely refunded for. After this nightmare, I wasted no time canceling the auto pay option on my account. I could've gotten myself out of the hole and the bill paid the date that was agreed on, but courtesy of Verizon, I'm in a hole much harder to dig out of than it'd have been if they'd done as they said. Whether I ever enroll in auto pay again remains a big question. It certainly won't be for a while.

I have contract-phobia so prepaid is my preference even though I have had the same phone enrolled with autopay on the same credit card for 3 years. (I know but post divorce debt & credit issues makes a person weird!) My beloved phone started struggling with small things & I knew it would soon be time for the dreaded upgrade. I go online to Verizon's website, research phones & place an order. Woo-hoo free 2 day shipping! I immediately receive email with confirmation & order number.

Next day, email from Verizon's fraud prevention team stating the order cannot be completed until I call to verify the purchase. There's a phone number, with instructions to choose option 3, then option 1 to verify purchase. Wow is Verizon actually helping me in my hard won credit repair struggles? So I call, option 3 is to change my plan or add data... OK well maybe... Press 3... 'To cancel or suspend service press 1...'

Me, being the doofus I am, decides I probably did something wrong so I hang up & try again. Nope same options. I listened to all the options the second time & nothing about fraud prevention or verifying a purchase so I press 0 for customer service, "not an option, please make your selection again." Press 0 again (yes I know not an option but it usually works on automated systems right?). Not Verizon. "We're sorry you're having difficulties, goodbye." Did I just get hung up on by a computer for having difficulties? Damn skippy I did!

Third calls the charm right? There are no options for 'other questions' so I decide technical support is my best bet for a real live person and after going thru the automated suggestions to solve my tech trouble, score! I explain "I realize I am not talking to the right dept. so could I please be transferred to fraud prevention." I am placed on hold & transferred but not to fraud prevention to billing. No big deal, these things happen, I explain again that I need to verify a recent purchase with fraud prevention. Hold & transferred to sales... Hold & transferred to technical support. Hold & transferred. 50 min of musical depts until I'm left on hold so long I guess the system booted me.

I visit the liquor cabinet, briefly consider calling my teenage neighbor for some weed & bravely dial Verizon again. I wish horrible, vile things on the automated lady, then make myself smile & talk nicely to the latest poor soul that voluntarily walks into this place everyday & calls it a job. After verifying my name, phone number, problem, order number, location number & ticket number for the umpteenth time I am placed on hold & transferred (betcha didn't see that comin!).

Once, twice, and holy **, did you just say you're in fraud prevention? Yes!!!! I'd like to verify my recent purchase of a new prepaid phone please. "Oh well we don't require verification for prepaid services or phones." I have serious WTF face while remaining calm & ask if she can tell if the phone is being held or shipped or possibly waiting to be transferred. "Looks like it's being held & the system won't let me release it until you go thru the verification process, but you're prepaid so that shouldn't even be possible. Let me get a supervisor." Really? A supervisor? Yes please! 10 min later... "Mrs. ** this is Julie again & I talked with my supervisor, unfortunately we are going to have to go ahead with the verification process so the system will release the order..." "Sure no problem, anything you need so I can get my new phone, thank you so much for checking..."

Verification consist of 3 questions, #1 When did you purchase the property on blah blah lane? Never, I have no association with any property there. #2 What color is the Toyota Camry you purchased in 2013? I have never owned a Toyota. #3 What month is Jill ** (same last name as mine) birthday in? I do not know a Jill **. "OK great the verification process is complete & you have been approved (Whaaaa???) Give me just a min to get this released & OK you should be good now. Confirmation # is blah blah blah..." "Wow thanks!" I send a quick heartfelt thank you to above & quickly get off the phone.

You think this story is over but it's ready to begin. Singing Paul Revere by Beastie Boys... Check my email & there's 1 from Verizon, "Your recent order has successfully been canceled." More WTF face... Fine I'll just go to the store tomorrow & get 1 there even though they are bunch a pushy ** that morph into bigger ** when I won't budge from prepaid but I digress. Next day a new email from Verizon, "Thank you for purchasing the new LG, your confirmation # is..." Immediately followed by another email from... guess! I bet you can't... Fraud prevention team!!! Same number, same instructions, option 3 & 1.

Whatever! The dang phone can sit in limbo until it crumbles but wait, I wonder, surely they didn't bill me... Oh yes, yes they did & not just once but twice! 2 days, 3 phone calls to Verizon, disconnected or accidentally hung up on twice, and I was always polite. I never yelled, raised my voice, cussed or resorted to poking pins into a voodoo doll. I was probably short with the last four people I talked with and in tears begged Max, "please don't transfer me to a fictional dept that doesn't actually exist."

He did transfer me but he also stayed on the line & after answering 3 more fraud questions that actually did pertain to me. He jokingly told the girl there I had talked to every dept even inter-department departments that customers had no business being transferred to. I even got an employee telephone number but since I don't have an employee ID number I couldn't get past the automated system. We all laughed, even though mine was thru gritted teeth. I thank them all and am assured that one order will be credited to my card & 1 will be shipped the following day.

I'm giving new order & ticket #'s & head back to the liquor cabinet. My phone rings & it's Max, who apologizes for calling but wishes to let me know the prepaid calling plan I'm on doesn't exist anymore. There's a better one, more data (double in fact!) & cheaper than what I'm currently paying... so I'm paying more for a service Verizon doesn't even offer but no notice was ever sent? Basically, I feel Verizon has been stealing from me for several months.

All the other BS can kinda be explained by human error, laziness & computer glitches but this is no glitch. It's fraud, it's unethical & it's just plain greediness. I was appalled. I thanked Max for calling & for being so sweet to even care about my nonexistent plan but I would not be changin my plan but I would be changing carriers. I finally ended up having to go thru my credit card company to dispute the charges for 2 phones because Verizon never did credit them & bless Capital One for making that process painless as they could manage (I only talked with 1 person thru out the entire ordeal! Amazing I know!!).

I'm currently heading over to the strip mall to visit Metro PCS & T-Mobile. Wish me luck & hopefully I won't be an alcoholic before I get a new phone, preferably one that last a realllyyy long time! Please do your homework & keep good records if you decide to give VERIZON your hard earned money, big companies make their money off of the customers but could honestly care less about 1 little old prepaid account & I get that. Doesn't mean I like it, agree or think it's OK but it is the way our world turns these days. One more thing :) the people in the CS call center are just another little guy, they put in their time & go home to the same problems & stresses we all do so please keep that in mind when you bite the bullet and have to call the customer service line. *Shudder*

It cost me $695 for a cruise. I called them and signed up for phone on the ship. When I got on the ship I was told Verizon phones do not work on the ship. I used my phone when I was in port and I was overcharged for using it 3 or 4 times I did not make any phone calls. When I contacted them the person acted like she could care less if I had a problem. She indicated I could pay the bill or hurt my credit. I paid the bill because they know they have the only good coverage in my area.

So for a while we have been having a problem where on certain channels on our tv they cut in and out. We finally called and they had someone come out. He was here for most of the day and could not figure out what was wrong. He did eventually leave and still had no idea what was wrong. No one ever followed up to ask about whether we still had this problem or not, which we still do!!!

An another problem I am now having is that our wifi keeps disconnecting from our mobile devices, and none of us are excited to have to call them and try to get someone to help us with our problem. We all know the process of calling them we wait on hold for what seems like forever to finally talk to someone who will end up telling you that fixing the problem will cost you money or a lot of your time. And once you get off the phone you will feel like you finally accomplished something when truly you didn't.

I am so fed up with Verizon, the other day I was on the phone with someone and they told me I had to go into the store to get my problem fixed, once I went into the store I was told it will have to be done on the phone. I am tired of the constant back and forth and having absolutely nothing done to help us. And anyone who has Verizon knows how much you have to pay to have it and yet it is not worth it. We pay $340 a MONTH, (just for the phones) and yet we still have issues with our service. Call me crazy but I think that for 340 a month I should have amazing service.

My experience with Verizon Wireless got to be the worst one possible (had a violation of rights due to a disabled person). I'm disabled after 20 years. I'm trying to be paid off a Note 4, purchase day Gear, watch earbuds, been a beta tester for Microsoft Xfinity and Verizon all last year until something went wrong and Verizon got dropped. My phone went black and took into the store assuming that because they are reputable business but they would treat me fair I believe with the lady said. She said my phone was broke and this was a great deal. I told her I'm a beta tester work with a Google phone. Jesus you say I now so-called Energy agreement or not paid cash for the phone.

Well I paid $900. My monthly premium goes up and down, Fasolino customer service absolutely technical support and as you can see by this communication words that spelled correctly because of my disability I use voice command on everything. When they got me screwed up on my phone with Microsoft they took that away from me too for months now.

Since November I've been battling this, I feel all three classes and getting help me. I finally got it after I paid for the phone and got it set up Google Now. Another Choice another alternative phone called me like 3 times a day or whatever I can try to call them back. There is a bunch of Lies this one with me. My name is Diane **. I've disabled, paid a lot of money, this company a tendon finally reasons in Texas and a lawsuit. Treat somebody else everyday stress. Now set up my data plan. I couldn't get into my emails because I didn't know that they were Johnny on it to sell me the product. That's all they do is shove product down your throat Services Oroville Wi-Fi connection.

Beginning in 11/2016, I started having issues with my services, and calls being dropped in the middle of driving, standing in the same spot, etc. I first attempted to contact Verizon about the issue on Thanksgiving, and was prompted that they were closed due to the Thanksgiving holiday. I called back the very next day, and spoke with someone in Tech Support, who attempted to fix the issue by having me change settings, reset my phone, etc. with no luck. He then stated that he would send a tech out to the area to test the signal. No feedback.

I called back about 2 weeks later after having more issues, and was advised that the issue was being sent to tier 2, and they would be in touch. Soon after, I received a message stating the results of the testing, and it was found that service was less than optimal in my area. I contacted customer service to see how to proceed, and was advised that I could change service with no ETF as long as I returned the phones to a Verizon Wireless Corporate Store. I changed services on 12/16, and returned the phones to Verizon on 12/17.

About a month later, I began receiving bills from Verizon, where I was being charged $1400+ for ETF's for each phone and a iPad. I did not think anything of it, because I was advised by the rep that it could take a few weeks for the account to be adjusted. I finally called after a few more weeks when the bill hadn't changed. I spoke with a rep who stated that the phones had not been returned, and I needed to contact the store. I did as advised, and was told by rep that he found the issue, and would have it corrected ASAP.

2 weeks later, called to follow up, and miraculously, the store had no recollection of the phones ever being returned. I was basically called a liar, told that the only way they could adjust the account was if I "found the phones." I contacted the BBB, and was contacted several days later on 02/13/2017 by a rep from Executive Relations, who advised me that she would "credit" the account for my troubles, and she would send a response to BBB with the outcome, and generate a final bill since I switched in the middle of the billing cycle. I knew that the bill would be roughly $150-$200, so I waited for the bill. Never received it.

On 03/07/17, I received a call from a collections agency on behalf of Verizon. On 03/09/17, I received correspondence from the same company. I filed another complaint with BBB, and sent an email to the same representative with executive relations. I was then contacted by the rep, who stated that the final bill was generated on 02/18/17, and since there was no payment (within 2 weeks) the account was placed in collections status. I was advised that it was sent to collections because it was the left over balance, and I was responsible since the bill was generated. The only way for the account to be taken out of collections was for me to pay it. I have had nothing but trouble since I switched from Verizon Wireless, and I have been made out to be a "liar," and an account was sent to collections, with no final notice or bill from the company. I will NEVER switch back, nor do any future business with this company.

Verizon Wireless are a bunch of thieves. I just finished paying 604.00. Because they are expensive. I switch carriers in order to save over $100.00 each month. I was aware that I had to pay for the phones which I plan to pay. After paying over $600. Verizon Wireless had the nerve to call me up and say that. I owe over $900.00. Cancellation fee and telephone runs about 580. This company should be investigated I have paid every month. I DID AGREE TO PAY THE $580.00. I have been a member of Verizon wireless for 15 years. They are horrible with the customers!!!

Are you ready for this? I called Verizon to setup their Verizon Fios internet, about 3 months ago. After a VERY exasperatingly long and painful 2 hour conversation with one of their many representatives who speak little to no English, and with the help of my fiancee who had to step in when I got frustrated repeating myself 20 times per sentence... We got set up for Verizon Fios and had a customer install date 3 days later. Well, the technician never comes. Which barely surprised me, being the terrible experience I'd had with them 3 years prior at another location. Anyway, I call back up a week later and I am told that they don't service my area... So I had a hard credit pull on my perfect credit score, for something that I was told was available and is in fact, not. That's great. But it gets worse!

Two or three weeks later, I get a call from an automated system giving me a "friendly reminder" to check my account. So I call up, they can't find my account under my name, phone number, social, or address. They say it could've been a mistake. One week later, same thing. I check again, same scenario. So this proceeds on for a month or two until finally I receive two bills dated within 4 days of each other. One for $78, the other for $184. The $184 is a termination notice, which is great because I don't even have their service and haven't for several years. But, now that I have these documents, I finally have an account number they can pull up! So, I call up Verizon, get another Middle Easterner who can understand me just about as poorly as I can understand him. It's worth noting, that it actually took me an hour to get on the line with him, because a call was dropped from both my phone, and my fiancee's phone after 20 minutes of holding for each of us.

This guy cannot seem to figure out anything I'm trying to relay to him despite me doing a damn good job of maintaining my patience. Finally, I feel myself starting to snap, and I know how quickly these customer service reps will shut down on you once that happens, so I ask if he'll talk to my fiancee, who may I note is a certified therapist. One hour later, she's as frustrated as I am. And then finally, after resolving NOTHING, he says he'll call us back in 40 minutes, refused to let us stay on the line. And surprise, surprise, Joshua never calls us back. So now I'll start this whole process again. How horrible an experience this has been.

Compare Prepaid Phones