Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.92/5
Based on 1,003 ratings submitted in the last year

Verizon sells phones and phone plans across the United States. With stores and cell towers in every state, Verizon’s widespread reach allows customers to call, text or use data almost anywhere. Verizon customers can buy products from Apple, Samsung, Google and other phone manufacturers. The company also offers discounts for military members and first responders.

BOTTOM LINE

Verizon offers a wide range of cellular service plans for customers who use their devices in different ways. Though prices might be higher than other providers, the level of service and extra features make Verizon stand out.

PROS

• 5G available in some areas
  • Discounts on multiple lines
  • Mix & match unlimited plans
  • Parental control app

CONS

• Prices are higher for fewer lines
  • 5G not available in all areas

Top Verizon Wireless Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Verizon Wireless?

The manager David, at the Delmont PA - Verizon Wireless store, is awesome. I had an issue and he went above and beyond to resolve my problem… I have never had a service provided be so responsive before. I will recommend Verizon Wireless to anyone that is looking for great customer service!

I get excellent coverage here where others with other companies are not so fortunate. Prices are competitive and the selection of phones is excellent. I have had Verizon for 7 years now and recommend them to everyone and see no chance at all that I will ever change.

What is Verizon Unlimited?

Verizon is a cellular service provider based in the United States. Verizon Unlimited plans offer five levels of service that you can mix and match. All Unlimited plans include coverage in Mexico and Canada and have no roaming charges in the U.S. Verizon Unlimited’s five plans are:

• Start Unlimited works on 4G and includes talk, text and data. It includes 480p video streaming.
    • Play More Unlimited includes 5G access (for compatible phones) and is suitable for music and video streaming. The plan comes with 25 GB of premium data, unlimited mobile hotspot use and HD video streaming.
    • Do More Unlimited includes premium data and has 5G access, 50 GB of mobile hotspot use and 500 GB of cloud storage.
    • Get More Unlimited works on 5G and includes HD video streaming, 75 GB of premium data and unlimited mobile hotspots with 30 GB.
    • Just Kids Unlimited can be added to any other unlimited plan. It comes with 5 GB of data, unlimited talk and text to 20 contacts, 480p video streaming, safety mode, content filters and location tracking.

All of Verizon Unlimited’s plans include a free six-month subscription to Apple Music and a one-year subscription to Disney Plus.

How does Verizon smart family work?

Verizon Smart Family is a companion app that gives you parental controls to help manage your kids’ smartphone use. You can add the service to eligible Verizon accounts, including unlimited plans. Just Kids Unlimited comes with Smart Family. You can use an app on your device to:

• Filter content
    • Monitor and limit calls, texts and purchases
    • Monitor internet use
    • Pause internet access
    • Track another device’s location

Content filters with Smart Family let you block websites and apps by category or manually block specific sites. You can also control the filters for specific family members. For texts and calls, Smart Family lets you see and monitor incoming and outgoing activity, but you can’t read texts or listen to calls.

Smart Family also creates a graph that shows your child’s online activity and website use. You can set time restrictions and limits for purchases billed directly to your Verizon account via carrier billing.

Verizon family plan prices

Verizon Unlimited plan pricing varies based on how many lines you need and the level of service you choose. Start Unlimited for four lines is $35 per month per line. Two lines of Start Unlimited costs $60 per month per line.

Play More Unlimited and Do More Unlimited are both $45 for four lines; Get More is $55 for four lines. Add Just Kids to any unlimited line for $35. All plans incur additional taxes and fees.

Verizon Wireless FAQ

Can I use Verizon Wireless for home internet?
    Verizon offers Fios home internet plans in some areas. You can also use your Verizon mobile hotspot to connect to the internet at home, but hotspot data is limited.
    Is Verizon Wireless the best carrier?
    Whether Verizon Wireless is the best carrier for you depends on your needs and budget. The company offers flexibility in plans, 5G coverage in some areas (with more added regularly) and reliability. Features include Disney Plus and Apple Music. Customer service is available 24/7.
    Is Verizon home Internet unlimited?
    Verizon Fios home internet plans come in three data speeds with no limits on usage.
    Does Verizon have 24/7 customer service?
    Verizon customer service is available 24/7.

Is Verizon Unlimited worth it?

For customers who are looking for a wireless provider with multiple plans and customizable family options, Verizon Wireless is definitely an option to consider. Its Just Kids Unlimited add-on makes it appealing to parents, and, with high data usage options, it’s an ideal choice for large families or avid internet users.

Verizon Wireless Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Verizon Wireless?

Original review: Feb. 13, 2021

I called into Verizon today literally in tears over my bill! I asked for management immediately as I had called several times about my issue in the past to no avail. I spoke with Shantelle. She listened to me cry as I explained my situation. Before anything else she made sure I was ok and spoke to me in calm voice. Once I was ok she went on to address my issues. So many times she assured me it would be ok. She took care of every single issue and even a few I myself didn't see! I truly felt cared about by the end of our conversation. She definitely changed my feelings. I didn't feel like just a phone number. She acknowledged I was a person. Maybe to some that may seem silly but these days it's hard to find people that like their jobs and care the way she did. I praise her management skills and feel like she should be recognized. Thank you so much!!!

Original review: Nov. 3, 2020

This morning I had the pleasure of speaking with Mark ** from Greenville, SC. Initially the purpose of my call to Verizon was to retrieve a return label but I had explained to Mark that I've been very unhappy with Verizon for weeks due to many reasons. He took his time reviewing my account in detail. He was very informative, helpful, pleasant, and understanding of my frustrations. He repaired all the knots on my account and assured he would follow up to make sure everything would fall in place seamlessly. I wish all the Verizon representatives were as knowledgeable, professional, and enjoyable to deal with as him.

Get buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2020

My husband and I were surprisingly pleased with our service at the Verizon sales store in Asheville. We were disappointed that we couldn't get a lower price for the iPhone we needed to purchase since we've had an account with Verizon for many years. Matt ** questioned why we wanted a very high end phone for our uses. After talking with him, we opted for a lower priced phone, at his recommendation. I thought it was very nice of him to guide us to a lower price that meets all our needs. He was also very patient setting up the phone for two senior citizens.

Original review: May 11, 2020

I almost left Verizon because I ordered a new phone, and it took over a week and speaking with 4 different people, 3 who failed to do their job and gave me false information, to get a new phone. The last person I spoke to, Rynda, went above and beyond to make sure I was happy with the outcome and got a new phone. This went to putting a reminder in their own phone and sending me texts throughout the day to get this done ASAP. Definitely a very frustrating time, but well worth it in the end. So expect 1/4 Verizon employees to be great.

Original review: April 13, 2020

I’ve been with Verizon for many years. Up until lately I was very pleased with Verizon. Recently I upgraded my phone and it was a horrific nightmare! Promises made were not honored, trade in phone shipped to Verizon on their return label was lost even though tracking shows it was delivered etc. I spent countless hours on the phone getting it straightened out. I would recommend Verizon based on past years experience with them but the last experience in upgrading my phone tempted me to change providers. I’m giving them a second chance.

Original review: April 11, 2021

Terrible customer service. Unbelievable! Please, do yourself a favor, do not go to this store. Racist atmosphere, inhumane, careless. They don’t care about their customers, period! Managers at this store don’t know how to handle special needs customers. Verizon got too big to care for one customer.

Original review: April 9, 2021

After 18 year with Verizon Wireless, I have had enough. Between the customer service and the ongoing incorrect billing, I have decided to move on. The worst part about my experience over the years is that my bill continued to go up and up and when I called customer service to questions, they seem unconcern and had a take or leave it approach. No solutions and made no attempt to keep my business. The major problem that I had is that there was constantly a problem with my bill where I was being over charged.

I called customer service to ask about the additional monies that I was being charge and she simply said that she didn't know and made no effort to take the extra charge off my bill or try to find an answer. As I stated earlier, I'm done. Verizon need to focus on retaining and taking care of the customers that they already have instead of trying to get new customers that I'm sure will leave a lot sooner than I did because of the overpriced service and the unhelpful customer service.

Original review: April 8, 2021

I had a plan that fit me perfectly then I went into the Verizon store in Ogallala Nebraska and was told that the plan I had had been discontinued and I need to get another plan so I did. The new plan did not fit my needs like the old one did. I found out that the plan I had was discontinued although because I had the plan I was grandfathered in and in fact did not need to change. I felt like I was talked into something that I did not need as I was not told at the time that I could keep my original plan. I am very disappointing and feel like I was deceived by being told that I had to get another plan.

Original review: April 7, 2021

I was sent a letter stating that my customer appreciation discount would be up and I had to act fast. I did and thought that this would be fixed. I was shocked (as usual) by my bill still going up. Whatever I had asked to be changed on my last bill was not. This is the norm it seems with Verizon cell. I am disgusted and fed up. We have to do better than this.

Original review: April 5, 2021

Unable to resolve customer concerns. Poor/terrible customer service. No one has the authority to make an obvious decision to correct an obvious problem. Customer service passes the buck down the line to different departments instead of getting facts straight and working the problem to a conclusion.

Verizon Wireless Company Information