Verizon Wireless

Verizon Wireless Reviews

About Verizon Wireless

Verizon sells phones and phone plans across the United States. With stores and cell towers in every state, Verizon’s widespread reach allows customers to call, text or use data almost anywhere. Verizon customers can buy products from Apple, Samsung, Google and other phone manufacturers. The company also offers discounts for military members and first responders.

Pros & Cons

Pros
  • 5G available in some areas
  • Discounts on multiple lines
  • Mix & match unlimited plans
  • Parental control app
Cons
  • Prices are higher for fewer lines
  • 5G not available in all areas

Featured Reviews

Verified
Delmont, PA

The manager David, at the Delmont PA - Verizon Wireless store, is awesome. I had an issue and he went above and beyond to resolve my problem… I have never had a service provided b...

Verified
New Franklin, MO

I get excellent coverage here where others with other companies are not so fortunate. Prices are competitive and the selection of phones is excellent. I have had Verizon for 7 yea...

What is Verizon Unlimited?

Verizon is a cellular service provider based in the United States. Verizon Unlimited plans offer five levels of service that you can mix and match. All Unlimited plans include coverage in Mexico and Canada and have no roaming charges in the U.S. Verizon Unlimited’s five plans are:

• Start Unlimited works on 4G and includes talk, text and data. It includes 480p video streaming.
  • Play More Unlimited includes 5G access (for compatible phones) and is suitable for music and video streaming. The plan comes with 25 GB of premium data, unlimited mobile hotspot use and HD video streaming.
  • Do More Unlimited includes premium data and has 5G access, 50 GB of mobile hotspot use and 500 GB of cloud storage.
  • Get More Unlimited works on 5G and includes HD video streaming, 75 GB of premium data and unlimited mobile hotspots with 30 GB.
  • Just Kids Unlimited can be added to any other unlimited plan. It comes with 5 GB of data, unlimited talk and text to 20 contacts, 480p video streaming, safety mode, content filters and location tracking.

All of Verizon Unlimited’s plans include a free six-month subscription to Apple Music and a one-year subscription to Disney Plus.

How does Verizon smart family work?

Verizon Smart Family is a companion app that gives you parental controls to help manage your kids’ smartphone use. You can add the service to eligible Verizon accounts, including unlimited plans. Just Kids Unlimited comes with Smart Family. You can use an app on your device to:

• Filter content
  • Monitor and limit calls, texts and purchases
  • Monitor internet use
  • Pause internet access
  • Track another device’s location

Content filters with Smart Family let you block websites and apps by category or manually block specific sites. You can also control the filters for specific family members. For texts and calls, Smart Family lets you see and monitor incoming and outgoing activity, but you can’t read texts or listen to calls.

Smart Family also creates a graph that shows your child’s online activity and website use. You can set time restrictions and limits for purchases billed directly to your Verizon account via carrier billing.

Verizon family plan prices

Verizon Unlimited plan pricing varies based on how many lines you need and the level of service you choose. Start Unlimited for four lines is $35 per month per line. Two lines of Start Unlimited costs $60 per month per line.

Play More Unlimited and Do More Unlimited are both $45 for four lines; Get More is $55 for four lines. Add Just Kids to any unlimited line for $35. All plans incur additional taxes and fees.

Verizon Wireless FAQ

Can I use Verizon Wireless for home internet?

Verizon offers Fios home internet plans in some areas. You can also use your Verizon mobile hotspot to connect to the internet at home, but hotspot data is limited.

Is Verizon Wireless the best carrier?

Whether Verizon Wireless is the best carrier for you depends on your needs and budget. The company offers flexibility in plans, 5G coverage in some areas (with more added regularly) and reliability. Features include Disney Plus and Apple Music. Customer service is available 24/7.

Is Verizon home Internet unlimited?

Verizon Fios home internet plans come in three data speeds with no limits on usage.

Does Verizon have 24/7 customer service?

Verizon customer service is available 24/7.

Is Verizon Unlimited worth it?

For customers who are looking for a wireless provider with multiple plans and customizable family options, Verizon Wireless is definitely an option to consider. Its Just Kids Unlimited add-on makes it appealing to parents, and, with high data usage options, it’s an ideal choice for large families or avid internet users.

Verizon Wireless Reviews

Stars Rating

• 4%
  • 0%
  • 1%
  • 3%
  • 93%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Verizon Wireless?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Verizon Wireless?
    Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed June 6, 2024

I worked with Matt at then Sidney Ohio Verizon store. I had been having connectivity issues for months with my phone. I spent two days with customer online service. They were no help. I walked into Verizon in Sidney Ohio and Matt helped me. Had my phone working in 5 minutes when online couldn’t help me for TWO DAYS! Matt is AWESOME! Verizon is lucky to have him. I will always go to him when I need help. Thank you Matt!!

Sales & MarketingStaff

Reviewed May 10, 2024

Jarred has been my Verizon representative for more than a year and a half for a franchisee in Lacey, Washington, and I felt it was necessary at this time to give some recognition for the service he has given me during this time frame. Jarred is exemplary delivering straight talk, filled with helpful facts about the products that line the Verizon counters, and he knows what accessories would be great with them. Jarred doesn’t really sell, like a sales job, instead he is more a collaborative styled expert that shares the benefits of getting a particular device. He is like an insider, giving you an advantage. He has inside skills that show competence, measured delivery, patience and an understanding demeanor that I think, makes me comfortable with the Verizon service.

Jarred is one of your best front end representatives, that I hope you recognize in some fashion. He deserves some upward mobility within your store development. Jarred has things that are in short supply. 1. Great listening skill. 2. Ownership of issues, and Accountability. 3. Knows key advantages of Verizon products and services. 4. Looks the part, has a professional look that gives confidence. All of these attributes should make Verizon proud to have an employee like Jarred working for them. Respectfully submitted.

Get buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Staff

Reviewed April 12, 2024

I just purchased a new phone through our company plan. Transferring the data is never as easy as it seems when you are challenged with technology! (lol) I went into the Verizon store - Olathe branch #4061 & dealt with Leo! He was able to troubleshoot & resolve my issue with my Apple ID. He was extremely kind & went above & beyond to make sure my experience was a good one!

Customer ServicePunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed April 8, 2024

I recently had the pleasure of speaking with Verizon Wireless Executive Relations Representative Gilberto and was thoroughly impressed with his professionalism and perfect communication skills. From the moment I reached out for assistance, Gilberto was customer-oriented and focused on meeting my needs. First and foremost, Gilberto's communication skills were exceptional. He could clearly and concisely explain complex information and policies in a way that was easy for me to understand. He was also an active listener, taking the time to understand my concerns and address them promptly. In addition to his excellent communication skills, I was also impressed by Gilberto's professionalism. He was courteous, and respectful, and maintained a calm and composed demeanor throughout our conversation. He truly embodies the qualities of a professional representative and made me feel valued as a customer.

What stood out to me the most about Gilberto was his customer-oriented approach. He genuinely seemed to care about my experience and was focused on finding a resolution that would meet my needs. He went above and beyond to ensure that I was satisfied and provided exceptional customer service. Overall, my interaction with Verizon Wireless Executive Relations Representative Gilberto was a positive and pleasant experience. His professional and perfect communication skills, coupled with his customer-oriented approach, truly set him apart as an exceptional representative. I highly recommend him to anyone in need of assistance from Verizon Wireless.

Customer ServiceCoverageStaff

Reviewed March 23, 2024

I have used many cellular providers over the years. Going back to 1995. I settled on Verizon almost 7 years ago and I'm quite happy with their service. Even before I was on a plan with unlimited premium data, Verizon was letting me use huge amounts and they never once slowed down my speeds. The plan that I have now includes all kinds of great perks (Disney, Hulu, ESPN etc) . I especially love the worldwide roaming. I live in Tennessee and sometimes Google Maps will tell me to take some dirt road to get where I want to go and every single time, I stay connected to Verizon's network.

In some places I can't use the data but I can still make phone calls. The only other company that was able to complete their coverage here is AT&T but I don't want to be their customer again. They lie. She mislead their customers. I would really recommend Verizon Wireless. They offer great services and they have a lot of perks to their plans.

Customer ServicePrice

Reviewed June 22, 2024

They charge me after I close the account. So, I found out it 6 months later I called customer service, they said they can’t do anything. I feel bad. I lost more than $300. Bad bad bad worst worst carrier.

Customer Service

Reviewed June 21, 2024

Verizon is currently running a very misleading ad offering the IPhone 15 as an upgrade. It sounds great but when you call it is conveniently revealed that you don’t qualify. Very disappointing after being a customer for many years. This is how a Company loses loyal customers.

Price

Reviewed June 20, 2024

Just realized that this company has been stealing from me. They raised the rates without notifying me or asking if I agreed. I paid $179 per month + line for an iPad. It turns out that they were charging me $295??? This is a theft from customers. We are going to Tmobile who offered me a better super $100 per month. Don’t agree to Verizon.

Customer ServiceCoverageStaff

Reviewed June 19, 2024

I just traded in my old device on June 11, 2024, under Verizon's trade-in program. According to their website, you could trade any phone for the same brand and receive a credit of $799.99 regardless of condition. I went through the process online and noted my then-current phone had a cracked screen, I completed the process and it said I would get the monthly credit over 36 months to cover the new phone's cost. I submitted my order and thought all was good. WRONG! After setting up the new device I took my old device to a local Verizon main store to return. Per the instructions, the phone was reset to factory conditions and I restarted to check. When I dropped it off at the Verizon store they gave me a credit of $200 and the form says that the phone was in "a condition other than noted", and that the "credit" had been adjusted. GOOD BAIT AND SWITCH VERIZON!

Spent over an hour on the phone with two of their reps, which they just happened to call about adding another line, and they and their supervisor can't seem to figure out why I am only getting the $200 credit rather than the $799.99 as is the current promotional deal. Now, I am stuck waiting to see how bad my next month's bill is going to be and I am pretty sure this will not be fixed. Severely disappointed in Verizon. Been with them for almost 17 years and I feel this relationship has run its course.

Customer Service

Reviewed June 19, 2024

I had Verizon Wireless for 22 years. I paid extra money because I believed it was better service. My bill was $120 per month for one line it got so unaffordable to use Verizon I switch carriers. When I switched carriers I paid to get my number transferred over. Now I keep getting repetitious calls emails and threats that I owe $25. Everybody knows that they would not release my number without being paid in full so they’re not going to get $25 more from me taking consideration that they’re not the only company out there. Other companies are using the same towers so don’t be fooled because of higher prices try other carriers for better deals, and equally as well of cellular service.

Verizon Wireless Company Information