Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.05/5
Based on 1,138 ratings submitted in the last year

Verizon sells phones and phone plans across the United States. With stores and cell towers in every state, Verizon’s widespread reach allows customers to call, text or use data almost anywhere. Verizon customers can buy products from Apple, Samsung, Google and other phone manufacturers. The company also offers discounts for military members and first responders.

BOTTOM LINE

Verizon offers a wide range of cellular service plans for customers who use their devices in different ways. Though prices might be higher than other providers, the level of service and extra features make Verizon stand out.

PROS

• 5G available in some areas
  • Discounts on multiple lines
  • Mix & match unlimited plans
  • Parental control app

CONS

• Prices are higher for fewer lines
  • 5G not available in all areas

Top Verizon Wireless Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Verizon Wireless?

The manager David, at the Delmont PA - Verizon Wireless store, is awesome. I had an issue and he went above and beyond to resolve my problem… I have never had a service provided be so responsive before. I will recommend Verizon Wireless to anyone that is looking for great customer service!

I get excellent coverage here where others with other companies are not so fortunate. Prices are competitive and the selection of phones is excellent. I have had Verizon for 7 years now and recommend them to everyone and see no chance at all that I will ever change.

Verizon Wireless Learn More

What is Verizon Unlimited?

Verizon is a cellular service provider based in the United States. Verizon Unlimited plans offer five levels of service that you can mix and match. All Unlimited plans include coverage in Mexico and Canada and have no roaming charges in the U.S. Verizon Unlimited’s five plans are:

• Start Unlimited works on 4G and includes talk, text and data. It includes 480p video streaming.
    • Play More Unlimited includes 5G access (for compatible phones) and is suitable for music and video streaming. The plan comes with 25 GB of premium data, unlimited mobile hotspot use and HD video streaming.
    • Do More Unlimited includes premium data and has 5G access, 50 GB of mobile hotspot use and 500 GB of cloud storage.
    • Get More Unlimited works on 5G and includes HD video streaming, 75 GB of premium data and unlimited mobile hotspots with 30 GB.
    • Just Kids Unlimited can be added to any other unlimited plan. It comes with 5 GB of data, unlimited talk and text to 20 contacts, 480p video streaming, safety mode, content filters and location tracking.

All of Verizon Unlimited’s plans include a free six-month subscription to Apple Music and a one-year subscription to Disney Plus.

How does Verizon smart family work?

Verizon Smart Family is a companion app that gives you parental controls to help manage your kids’ smartphone use. You can add the service to eligible Verizon accounts, including unlimited plans. Just Kids Unlimited comes with Smart Family. You can use an app on your device to:

• Filter content
    • Monitor and limit calls, texts and purchases
    • Monitor internet use
    • Pause internet access
    • Track another device’s location

Content filters with Smart Family let you block websites and apps by category or manually block specific sites. You can also control the filters for specific family members. For texts and calls, Smart Family lets you see and monitor incoming and outgoing activity, but you can’t read texts or listen to calls.

Smart Family also creates a graph that shows your child’s online activity and website use. You can set time restrictions and limits for purchases billed directly to your Verizon account via carrier billing.

Verizon family plan prices

Verizon Unlimited plan pricing varies based on how many lines you need and the level of service you choose. Start Unlimited for four lines is $35 per month per line. Two lines of Start Unlimited costs $60 per month per line.

Play More Unlimited and Do More Unlimited are both $45 for four lines; Get More is $55 for four lines. Add Just Kids to any unlimited line for $35. All plans incur additional taxes and fees.

Verizon Wireless FAQ

Can I use Verizon Wireless for home internet?
    Verizon offers Fios home internet plans in some areas. You can also use your Verizon mobile hotspot to connect to the internet at home, but hotspot data is limited.
    Is Verizon Wireless the best carrier?
    Whether Verizon Wireless is the best carrier for you depends on your needs and budget. The company offers flexibility in plans, 5G coverage in some areas (with more added regularly) and reliability. Features include Disney Plus and Apple Music. Customer service is available 24/7.
    Is Verizon home Internet unlimited?
    Verizon Fios home internet plans come in three data speeds with no limits on usage.
    Does Verizon have 24/7 customer service?
    Verizon customer service is available 24/7.

Is Verizon Unlimited worth it?

For customers who are looking for a wireless provider with multiple plans and customizable family options, Verizon Wireless is definitely an option to consider. Its Just Kids Unlimited add-on makes it appealing to parents, and, with high data usage options, it’s an ideal choice for large families or avid internet users.

Verizon Wireless Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Verizon Wireless?

Original review: April 10, 2020

I have had Verizon as my provider for the past 15 plus years. Up until recently I would have said stellar. I recently upgraded both phones on our plan because the online deal was unbeatable. I had to fight to get the trade in value advertised on the website. I copied the chat on three separate conversations before upgrading to make sure that I understand what I read online and all three reps confirmed what I was read and understood. When I didn't see the trade credit on my bill they stated that it said up to that dollar amount when in fact it did not. I had three conversation copied and pasted and they then told me that I could not rely on chat even though it was the sales dept I was chatting with.

The final rep finally got those credits for us after days of fighting and 45 min wait times to speak with a rep. In the end they came thru but I should not have had to waste days with hours on hold to get it fixed. I am again satisfied but in the future the company really should cater to the customer especially when they are long time customers who have conversations to prove her argument. Thank you.

Original review: April 8, 2020

I noticed that I was paying a lot more than what my friends were paying for monthly bills. I was not sure how to look up the details of my bill though. Went to the Verizon store in Concord, NH. They wouldn’t show me my usage or explain the bills to me. I was just told I should keep my unlimited plan because it would cost so much more if I went over my limit. I was also upgrading my phone. I wanted to buy a Mophie that attaches directly to my phone like a phone cover. The salesman said Mophie does not make them anymore and sold me a box full of items that I did not want in order to buy a mophie that is about a 3x3 inch box that you have to plug in to.

A week later I had a problem with the phone and they had me wait in another part of the showroom. There in front of me was an entire display of the mophie that I wanted. I talked to a salesman about it and he said they couldn’t do anything about it since I used the items. I demanded to speak to the manager and had to wait a half hour for his service. I told him I was lied to by his salesperson and demanded the return. He did give it to me. A couple of months later I went to Lakes Region Computer. They looked up my plan, explained it to me and found a plan that saved me $40.00 per month. They agreed that I was using only a portion of my plan and did not need unlimited. I do not trust the Concord store, they actually lie to customers, I suspect especially elders. Otherwise the coverage seems to work well in NH. I am a hiker and I need decent coverage.

Get buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 31, 2020

Verizon unfortunately has some practices that drive me up a wall. Such as throttling speeds even when you are under the guise of an "unlimited everything" plan. I must admit my service for calls in my area is much more reliable than it was with competitor Sprint. My biggest pet peeve is the throttling of speeds. If I truly do not have an unlimited plan then do not price it as such. Phone prices seem standard but I don't see as many deals like buy one get one etc. Any deal I find for a new phone I can find usually cheaper at Best Buy or Samsung.

In store employees are sometimes not as up on issues that can arise for troubleshooting devices. Once I drove to 3 stores with a challenge and 2 stores said my, just out of warranty, $1200 phone had to be replaced. The 3rd popped out the sim card, put in a new one and the issue was all fixed. A difference of $1000 fix to a $15 fix. Sprint I found always had a true repair person in the store and I felt more confident in the troubleshooting repair process.

Original review: March 29, 2020

I'm using a prepaid service purchased at Target, which has Verizon as their provider but it's Total Wireless who I've been VERY pleased with. I'm paying $35 a month minus 5% for being in their auto refill program & that gives me unlimited talk & text & normally 5g of data but with their special going it's been bumped to 10g. Also they have a rewards program that is AWESOME AND VERY simple to use & you can apply rewards towards your payment. VERY satisfied & DEFINITELY would recommend this option & when I was 1st setting up my phone, due to issues from my previous provider it was impossible for me to just activate it myself & their customer service not ONLY worked with me & my old provider but stayed with me EVERY step of the way for OVER 2 hours, DEFINITELY above & beyond.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2020

When I got my first Android phone 3 1/2 years ago, my adult son researched all the prepaid phones & plans for me. Verizon was ahead in every way, and keeps improving all the time & constantly making my use better. Not only do I have nearly buffer-free streaming on every app, YouTube to live-streaming all my TV channels, but every app is always perfect. The basic data plan for only $40/mo was way more data than I ever needed, and at my 3 year mark I got bonus data every month.

Also get $5 savings a month so more for the same price. The device alerts, low storage notifications, system checks are all clear & easy for this older lady to handle, like cache-cleaning, learned on my own with all the clear descriptions & always easy to find information. Dealing with customer service is a fantastic experience on their chat, always resolve & answer quickly. No hassle monthly autopay is what I needed. My Verizon prepay plan gives me more than I even know I needed!

Original review: Jan. 20, 2021

In the last three upgrades I been told things that were not true. My account has been changed when I was told it would not. After raising my billing I would be told the discount was accidentally removed and can't be put back. Again today I told the rep all that has happened in the past and assured me nothing on the account would change when upgrading a phone. Well when sent the what the charges would be it had once again changed the line fee. I was then told it had to be processed then the discounts would return.

I have told this twice before and it turned out to be a huge mess. I said sent me that in writing and was told they have no way to email but I had just received the pre-order by email? The rep understood I could not just once more accept on blind faith they would do as he said. I was then told the manager would call in the next two hours and keep the line open. Well 4 hours later no call and at this point I see I will be back on the phone rehashing this whole thing once more.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2021

This is beyond the most expensive and slowest service ever! I would not recommend this service or plans to anyone out there. They enjoy throttling our data for big $$$$. I hope that Verizon gets sued for false advertising and throttling our services.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2021

After 26 years with Verizon switched due to poor customer service. Verizon disconnected the 4 lines immediately rather than the submitted Jan 31st. 2 family members were left with NO phone service while out of town. Despite multiple calls to Verizon (46 min; 56 min; 2 hrs 18 minutes) with each call being disconnected by Verizon, this has not been resolved. Today over $400 charge was applied to a complete stranger's account. Verizon was unable to cancel the charge they processed incorrectly; Verizon instructed me to contact the bank and cancel the charge. Now, I have paid for a complete stranger's account & have NOT been able to pay for my own account as I was disconnected after over 2 hrs. After 5 days 1 family member remains without phone service.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2021

I might had one of the worst experience of all customers and it's not related the individuals picking up the phone. They were actually quite nice and respectful, not helpful and depending on the agent, the story changes. The woes started when I called in to place an order. After that completed, I realized the trade-in wasn't on the order and called back to confirm that it wasn't missed. I was told what it indeed was and the only option I had was to cancel and replace the order. I agreed to the cancellation and a confirmation number, then the customer service agent transferred me to a sales agent to place a new order.

I was told by the sales agent that the order was correct and that trade-ins are processed post order. However, since the order has been cancelled, he needed to place a new order. I proceeded with the new order and over the weekend received shipping notifications for both. I called in to inquire why both shipped when I had been informed the previous order was cancelled. I was told that nothing is ever really confirmed - they just place put in a ticket for cancellation, but there is not guarantee. Had I known that information by the first customer service rep, I would have just waited for the cancellation to come through before placing a second order. I was told to refuse the order when FedEx attempts delivery.

On the day deliver, one order was held up by the FedEx at their local site (because the apartment number was omitted) and one was sent back to sender (thank goodness!). I went to pick up the phone and called to activate my port service. The port agent picked up and mentioned there were two phones transacted, please be careful to assign the number to the correct phone. I was told it's all linked to the customer account and the phone. I assumed he knew what he was talking about.

A day later I realized the number on my phone was different than the one I had ported over. I called and spent a good 4-5 hours with their level 2 technical support to resolve the issues. We tried every trick in the book and even reset to factory condition. IT DID NOT WORK. I was advised to go to the Verizon store to pick up a new sim card and I did the next morning since with the pandemic stores closed early.

I called the store to place an order for SIM card for curbside pickup and was held up for 1 hour on the phone and was still waiting by the time I arrived at the store. Fortunately, the store was able to get me a new SIM card without much wait, but unfortunately, the rep was not able to activate it, so he called level 2 support and they put in a ticket (incident). I was told by the store rep, "It would take 24 hours to resolve." 24 hours came and went and no service.

I utilized the web chat to request an update and after an hour was told that the wait time was 24 - 48 hours. 48 hours came and went and still no service. I borrowed a phone to call and was when I finally connected to an agent. Was told that the department working on this doesn't work weekends or holidays (3 day weekend after the Saturday that the ticket was created), so I had to wait until Tuesday for someone to get into the office. Tuesday came and went and still no resolution. That was when I decided to port my number over to a different provider and terminate my account.

In total, I spent 20 + hours all weekend trying to troubleshoot my lack of service. I shouldn't have to wait 4+ days after an issue was identified on my account for resolution. Weekends and holidays shouldn't be an excuse when it comes to customers. If I had a life and death issue, I'm sure the hospital won't turn me away due to weekends and holidays. The cellular business is THAT essential to our lives. In today's age where everyone is connected virtually and especially during the pandemic, this was a huge hindrance and I was extremely upset that Verizon does not care about their customers.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2021

Verizon wireless sucks. I got a replacement phone... 3 months back. Put my broke one in a UPS Dropbox... Now UPS now said they don't have it and Verizon doesn't have. Now they are charging me! I have called and called Verizon about this. Well I am not going to call it Verizon customer care, I'm going to call it Verizon company care.

Verizon Wireless Company Information