2.55/5
Based on 1,166 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

5430 Verizon Wireless Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 17, 2018

While I am aware that other providers may offer less costly plans, I have never had an issue with reliability of Verizon Wireless service/reception. Whenever I require any type of customer service, I have been treated very well, whether it be over the phone, via online chat, or in-person. I have had this account with Verizon Wireless for about 10 years and have no complaints about the services I receive, technical or personal.

Original review: June 17, 2018

A bit expensive but very reliable. Channels that should be included in basic packages (HGTV) are only available in higher cost bundles. I have found service is good but only if you go to one of their stores-service over the phone is very bad. It is reliable.

Get expert buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 16, 2018

I have been with Verizon for 10 years and am very dissatisfied and will be switching to a new service provider. I went on a trip from May 23 - June 2. I went to Canada and then was on a cruise ship. I went to the store on May 22 to find out what I needed to do to be covered while I was gone. I was told by a store associate that I would be covered even while being on the boat (I specifically asked about that). The only text that I ever received from Verizon was when I landed in Canada (even though their system shows that I got one telling me what my rates would be on the boat. I never got that text).

On June 5th, my fiance got a text saying our usage was high so we called customer service and was told our bill would be $800 more than normal due to international charges and that I would need to go back to the store to dispute the charges. I went to the store that day only to be told that I had to wait for my bill to post. Today, June 16th, I got my bill for $1100. I go to the store only to be told that I need to talk to international services. I called them and was offered a 10% discount to 'help me out'. I still would have owed over $1000 due to their miscommunication. I know they don't care that I'm cancelling because I am just one in a million, but it is really bad business to lie to your customers, charge them $800 extra on their bill, and then do nothing about it.

Original review: June 16, 2018

In April I changed service providers. I used to get a text every month from Verizon when my bill was due. I paid what I thought was the last bill, and thinking I was free and clear because I no longer received any text. I spoke to Jose employee number ** and he explained that I was still getting charged and would have to pay for May service. I would never TRUST Verizon again.

Original review: June 16, 2018

My monthly billing has stayed relatively constant throughout the past few years. Upgrade payoff is fairly severe if you want to upgrade early or if phone is non-functional due to water damage.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Verizon Home Phone Service?

Original review: June 15, 2018

They overcharged like crazy all the time. I insisted on another company. We did that for a while. But with my husband's office's new owner they have a great discount so he insisted back to Verizon. Nothing but trouble with phones. My latest is terrible.. When I upgraded I told the man what I wanted. He then sold me on the one he supposedly owned. All the phones have driven me crazy. Now they are so overcharging my data when I know my internet is fine. The phone isn't telling me the internet is disconnected. So gone when upgrade time comes. I am a senior and they have no plan for seniors.

Original review: June 15, 2018

I've been a loyal customer to Verizon for quite a while now. I find that their prices are expensive and I'm considering changing because of that and the fact that I can't get any phone promotion if I stay with them on cost. When I go to the service area on West Henrietta Road I absolutely hate the service and they're not nice and I don't even want to go there.

Original review: June 14, 2018

The whole Verizon experience has been a train wreck since day one. I have had this service for 11 months. I have called about marginal service. Verizon agreed it was marginal and offered to sell me equipment to fix it. I get no cell service in a 12 block radius of my home. I called 4 days ago to order a new phone that was still under warranty. I went through an hour of this, getting disconnected, switched to 13 different people in this 3 day ordeal. Two days later the phone never comes. I call back and I’m disconnected several times before I get to a guy I think can help. We are then disconnected and I’m currently waiting and praying that they actually do call me back. I will NEVER use this company again after I’m done with this shabacle.

Original review: June 14, 2018

I have had my wireless service with Verizon for 20 years. Anytime that I had a problem, I contacted customer service and my problems were addressed in a timely manner. The customer service representatives were courteous and knowledgeable. The waiting time in the Verizon stores can be long, but the customer service was good and positive. I have three wireless phones through Verizon and I have had no issues.

Original review: June 13, 2018

Avoid - Verizon is a Potentially Deranged/Criminal Company. I had used Verizon for 4 years from 2013-2017 then decided to leave because of excessive costs of $90/mo. My account was perfect, and I always paid on time and in full. I changed service to Redpocket for $15/mo. I wanted to try them again to get better coverage, at a lower price point so, I stopped into the local Johnson City TN store on Roan St. I was ready to buy their small plan for $55/mo total, using my own cell phone, when they began asking personal, private questions, even after offering my driver's license and social security number.

Question one: What is the name of your bank where you purchase your car and what month did you buy it. I was not comfortable answering this question because it was personal and private and they had not asked me to fill out a release form. Question two: Can you provide a copy of your vehicle registration. I did offer a copy of my up to date US Passport which they declined. At that point, I concluded Verizon may be engaging processes associated with identity theft so, I politely left. I moved my RedPocket sim to a updated phone and kept my $15/mo plan. Caveat Emptor - Verizon.

Original review: June 13, 2018

A Verizon customer for more than 15 years, their coverage area and dependability is the envy of many friends on other carriers because when they are unable to get a signal on their phones they ask to use mine. And unless I upgrade my phone, there has been no need to contact customer service. Verizon's value comes from not having a subscription to CATV and using their unlimited data for streaming movies.

Original review: June 12, 2018

I recently switched to the Unlimited plan in store and was told it would cause my bill to go up only $20. This month I was charged well over $70 more than normal, so I called customer service. They told me that since the plan was set up differently, they charge to switch plans even though Verizon FAQ's say you will never be charged. I was also never once told this in the hour I was in the store. I was also told my Gap employee discount would be removed since my military discount "is more" but after looking at the breakdown of my bill, the military discount only works on a small percentage of the bill breakdown whereas my Gap one worked on it as a whole. Verizon will charge you for anything and everything. My bill is a different price every month without explanation. I will be looking to switch providers.

Original review: June 12, 2018

Verizon will charge you for anything they can get away with, I recently found that when calling to talk to customer service Representative that my account would be charge seven dollars to talk to a Live Representative about my account. This is ridiculous, the reason you have customer service is to better serve your customers not make your monthly bill go up. I'm switching to a different company ASAP.

Original review: June 12, 2018

If you can try to avoid this company, as good as their service might be a breach of contract is something they won't hesitate to do. I was having problems with my phone and in the contract is stated that if my phone was defective or damaged they could replace it with a new one, my first phone was replaced due to being defective, they did walk me through steps to troubleshoot but that didn't help, now on my second phone I called customer service three to four times in one month due to my phone being defective, all I got was a runaround.

My phone would turn off at 60% drain my battery and I wouldn't be able to use it until I got home and charged it, this happened two to three times in one month, finally after dealing with them for about 3 weeks to a month I decided to switch carriers seeing as to I wasn't getting anywhere with this company, now they are trying to collect a $400 debt because I supposedly breached contract. It is something that I will not pay, stay away from this company, won't be doing business with them again.

Original review: June 12, 2018

I am very happy with my Samsung Note 8 phone by Verizon. Dain ** was the agent that sold me the device. His customer skills were A++. He took the time with the sales process. He assessed my needs. He diagnosed my problem. Then made a plan for my budget. But most importantly he walked me through the phone features. What a relief. Phones can be very complicated for a novice as myself. Two years ago, Dain sold me the Samsung Note 5. Again I was totally satisfied. What a treat to have the quality service two years later. He persuaded me that an update was in order and that I qualified. I will recommend all my friends to his wonderful experience.

Original review: June 12, 2018

I’ve been with Verizon for many years and they are by far the best there is to choose from. In fact I upped my data plan yesterday and my bill went DOWN!

Original review: June 11, 2018

The Verizon service I have is an "ADSL" and doesn't have their own e-mail service, instead they use "AOL" e-mail. "Aol" e-mail is not as reliable with its connections and causes constant connection issues. Also the ADSL router that "Verizon" supplies is not the best, you're better off supplying your own router. But overall the Verizon "ADSL" service is quite good in comparing it to similarly priced ISP.

Original review: June 10, 2018

My phone was under factory warranty. I haul trailers for a living staying in my truck at night. Woke up to something burning. My phone was plugged in to charge for the night. When I unplugged it, the phone started on fire. The service guy at store told me it was my fault for how I plug it in. Told me it was not under warranty. Needed a phone. He told me I had to buy a new one. I went ahead and bought a new one. Come to find out it was still under warranty. Then they forced me to use my insurance and pay 150 deductible. Then found out I didn't need to.

I bought 2 S-7's at same time. They both continue to overheat. Both still under factory warranty. One they make me use insurance and the other they warranty out. I have talked to multiple customer service representatives and everyone argues the point. These phones have been changed out multiple times now. Wife just received the new phone. It overheated during set up. My son's a week of having his has already started overheating.

I was grandfathered into a plan for unlimited high speed data. When talking to all representatives they have all tried to talk me out of my plan. One representative got me by not disclosing that I would lose the high speed. Now I have things I can't do now for business and I have been told they cannot do anything about it now. Verizon has treated me very poorly with all issues I have had. They all tell me different things. "Yes phone is under warranty." "No it's not under warranty..." I'm leaving Verizon and told them. They just tell me, "I'm sorry you're not happy." Goodbye bad service.

Original review: June 10, 2018

TracFones generally have lousy, substandard coverage. I upgraded my plan recently with increased minutes and unlimited texts and saved nearly $10/month. Verizon's coverage and connectivity are usually number 1 in most legitimate surveys. Voice clarity is so good that some people think I'm on a landline. Since I have a rather powerful, home desktop computer, a flip phone is all I need. And I contend it does one thing better than the majority of smartphones, and that is "making solid phone calls". I never had a dropped call. Great coverage and overall value.

Original review: June 9, 2018

So I am supposed to be a new customer for Verizon. I ordered my plan and two cell phones on the Verizon website about two days ago, anyways I got a email right away with my order number and all that good stuff and I went to check the status of my order to see if it was still processing and it was so I went and called Verizon's Customer Service and I got transferred to several different departments and none of them had an answer for me.

Towards the end of my call I ended up being transferred to the Fraud Department and that person was so rude. I didn't have very good signal in my house so he was getting mad because I couldn't hear his questions and so I went upstairs in my son's room and told him about the situation and he was like, "Well ma'am no one here can even help you" and he kept asking for a reference number in which I didn't have but I told him that I had an order number and he said, "Well you didn't say that earlier so just give me the number" and I was in tears at this point because his tone of voice was mean you could hear the hate in his voice.

But anyways I was trying to pull up the number and calm myself down so he could hear me but he kept saying, "Come on ma'am. Come on" and I just ended up hanging up. There is no reason for him to talk to someone that way. I was on the phone waiting for someone to help me for over an hour just for someone to talk to a future new customer like garbage? I don't know if he was having a bad day or what but come on be professional for goodness sake.

Original review: June 9, 2018

I have been with Verizon Wireless for many years and the reception and customer service has been great. Easy access to Verizon stores for help resolving issues also. Data prices could be less costly however.

Original review: June 9, 2018

I pay a cap ton for my phones a month not including insurance. I had my phone for maybe a 6 month period. Never had a problem with a brand new device. After I had an accident at work my phone was broken in the process. I loved the fact I received it the next day but the company that is linked with Verizon, Asurion! THEY ARE GREEDY CROOKS! They sent me a damaged refurbished one and told me that they can't guarantee me a new phone and said it didn't matter if it was new or like new. B.S... I have NEVER had problem with new. Only used and I pay so much that shouldn't be too much to ask for.

They repeatedly hung up on me and told me they didn't know. Like I could feel them shrugging their shoulders through the phone. I asked to talk to a manager and she tried telling the same thing. So I hope I save someone the headache of signing up with them. Their service is amazing. I get it in places I shouldn't but it's not worth the more being scrooges to send you a broken phone. Asurion. BIG CROOKS. I paid near $200 for a replacement and it's broken. And my next replacement will be broken too. Oh but they will say it's new.

Original review: June 9, 2018

I feel we are nickeled and dimed to death with charges for everything. Verizon keep charging for things that were previously included in service!!!

Original review: June 9, 2018

Verizon find a way to increase the price. They arbitrarily changed due dates. They eliminated free cloud storage. They raised the price on the protection plan. Still paying for the phone, so I can't switch. Great reception, though.

Original review: June 9, 2018

I love Verizon. I think the unlimited data is a little expensive but I love their coverage and service. I think they are the best wireless provider out there by far.

Original review: June 9, 2018

Have used all of companies except T-Mobile. Reception and coverage was always big problem. Verizon has proven to be best for me. No reception in Northern CA from AT&T at all.

Original review: June 9, 2018

I have been with Verizon over 20 years. No loyalty program. The cost keeps going up too. Verizon has not given anything to us. The phone prices have gotten so high we bought 2 new phones from Target. This company is very close to closing us as customers.

Original review: June 9, 2018

Had Verizon for years and cursed the world when Frontier took over the system. Really very happy I stayed with Verizon. They provide good follow up and if by mail, they get back to you in a hurry.

Original review: June 9, 2018

Verizon is a great wireless plan, but they are always raising the price. Not happy with the new charges. The service is either perfect or gone. Nevertheless, their staff at my local Verizon store are of great help when having issues.

Original review: June 9, 2018

I love the Verizon coverage and reception quality but I plan on switching when I'm eligible because of the cost. I have been with Verizon since Airtouch but I am going to try a different service next time.

Verizon Home Phone Service expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Verizon Wireless is a subsidiary of Verizon Communications, which formed in 2000 when Bell Atlantic and GTE merged. Verizon Communications is a publically-traded company with headquarters in Basking Ridge, N.J. It offers cellular phone service through contract plans and unlimited prepaid plans for smartphones and basic phones.

• Features: Verizon’s prepaid plans come with many free features, including caller ID, call waiting, call forward, data alerts and three-way calling. Compatible phones also include voice mail, visual voicemail and mobile hotspot connectivity for free.

• Switch to monthly: Customers can use any phone purchased from Verizon for a prepaid plan if they decide to sign up for a monthly plan. This feature may appeal to those who need temporary service and may wish to return to a monthly, contract plan in the future.

• Canada and Mexico: All of Verizon’s prepaid plans for smartphones include unlimited text messages to mobile phones in Mexico and Canada. Customers can choose to add on minutes to place voice calls to Mexico and Canada or place international calls with a per-minute surcharge.

• Payment options: Customers can pay for service online or from their phone. They can also set up autopay so that their phones remain active. Although customers cannot simply make a payment in a Verizon store, they can purchase a refill card from a Verizon store and use that to refill their phone online.

• Next-day shipping: Customers who order a phone from Verizon to use with a prepaid plan receive free next-day shipping.

• Best for: Verizon is best for temporary users, business owners and budget-conscious customers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs