3.5/5 (2381 ratings)

About Verizon Wireless

Verizon sells phones and phone plans across the United States. With stores and cell towers in every state, Verizon’s widespread reach allows customers to call, text or use data almost anywhere. Verizon customers can buy products from Apple, Samsung, Google and other phone manufacturers. The company also offers discounts for military members and first responders.

Pros

• 5G available in some areas
  • Discounts on multiple lines
  • Mix & match unlimited plans
  • Parental control app

Cons

• Prices are higher for fewer lines
  • 5G not available in all areas

Bottom Line

Verizon offers a wide range of cellular service plans for customers who use their devices in different ways. Though prices might be higher than other providers, the level of service and extra features make Verizon stand out.

Top Verizon Wireless Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

The manager David, at the Delmont PA - Verizon Wireless store, is awesome. I had an issue and he went above and beyond to resolve my problem… I have never had a service provided b...

Verified

I get excellent coverage here where others with other companies are not so fortunate. Prices are competitive and the selection of phones is excellent. I have had Verizon for 7 yea...

What is Verizon Unlimited?

Verizon is a cellular service provider based in the United States. Verizon Unlimited plans offer five levels of service that you can mix and match. All Unlimited plans include coverage in Mexico and Canada and have no roaming charges in the U.S. Verizon Unlimited’s five plans are:

• Start Unlimited works on 4G and includes talk, text and data. It includes 480p video streaming.
  • Play More Unlimited includes 5G access (for compatible phones) and is suitable for music and video streaming. The plan comes with 25 GB of premium data, unlimited mobile hotspot use and HD video streaming.
  • Do More Unlimited includes premium data and has 5G access, 50 GB of mobile hotspot use and 500 GB of cloud storage.
  • Get More Unlimited works on 5G and includes HD video streaming, 75 GB of premium data and unlimited mobile hotspots with 30 GB.
  • Just Kids Unlimited can be added to any other unlimited plan. It comes with 5 GB of data, unlimited talk and text to 20 contacts, 480p video streaming, safety mode, content filters and location tracking.

All of Verizon Unlimited’s plans include a free six-month subscription to Apple Music and a one-year subscription to Disney Plus.

How does Verizon smart family work?

Verizon Smart Family is a companion app that gives you parental controls to help manage your kids’ smartphone use. You can add the service to eligible Verizon accounts, including unlimited plans. Just Kids Unlimited comes with Smart Family. You can use an app on your device to:

• Filter content
  • Monitor and limit calls, texts and purchases
  • Monitor internet use
  • Pause internet access
  • Track another device’s location

Content filters with Smart Family let you block websites and apps by category or manually block specific sites. You can also control the filters for specific family members. For texts and calls, Smart Family lets you see and monitor incoming and outgoing activity, but you can’t read texts or listen to calls.

Smart Family also creates a graph that shows your child’s online activity and website use. You can set time restrictions and limits for purchases billed directly to your Verizon account via carrier billing.

Verizon family plan prices

Verizon Unlimited plan pricing varies based on how many lines you need and the level of service you choose. Start Unlimited for four lines is $35 per month per line. Two lines of Start Unlimited costs $60 per month per line.

Play More Unlimited and Do More Unlimited are both $45 for four lines; Get More is $55 for four lines. Add Just Kids to any unlimited line for $35. All plans incur additional taxes and fees.

Verizon Wireless FAQ

Can I use Verizon Wireless for home internet?

Verizon offers Fios home internet plans in some areas. You can also use your Verizon mobile hotspot to connect to the internet at home, but hotspot data is limited.

Is Verizon Wireless the best carrier?

Whether Verizon Wireless is the best carrier for you depends on your needs and budget. The company offers flexibility in plans, 5G coverage in some areas (with more added regularly) and reliability. Features include Disney Plus and Apple Music. Customer service is available 24/7.

Is Verizon home Internet unlimited?

Verizon Fios home internet plans come in three data speeds with no limits on usage.

Does Verizon have 24/7 customer service?

Verizon customer service is available 24/7.

Is Verizon Unlimited worth it?

For customers who are looking for a wireless provider with multiple plans and customizable family options, Verizon Wireless is definitely an option to consider. Its Just Kids Unlimited add-on makes it appealing to parents, and, with high data usage options, it’s an ideal choice for large families or avid internet users.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Verizon Wireless?

Original review: June 9, 2022

I had a problem with my flip phone. I was in Oregon at the time and so I took the phone to a VERIZON store in Redmond. They couldn't fix it, so they kept it and said I would be getting a new one in the mail. When it came it didn't have a battery. I took that phone to the VERIZON store on Treeline Rd. in Kalispell, MT. Thanks to Nadine and Tony and after a few days and hours with them on the phone to customer service and their great effort I now have a new phone on its way. VERIZON should be very proud of Tony and Nadine for all the hard work they do on a daily basis. And no, I'm not related to either one of them!!

Original review: March 24, 2022

Today I had the pleasure of meeting Elijah and the staff at Russell Cellular in Chester NY. From the moment I set foot in the store Elijah greeted me with a smile and proceeded to provide the best customer service experience I have ever had. I am 70 years old so I have experienced a wide range of individual service. Elijah is in a class all by himself! Focused, professional, knowledgeable, courteous, patient and an amazing personality. Purchasing a new phone usually causes me anxiety and confusion but Elijah turned it into the best customer service experience I have ever had. Thank you Elijah and the staff in Chester. I hope Verizon Wireless appreciates the team in Chester and especially Elijah.

Get buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2021

I noticed a day before I was supposed to go to Hawaii (and still work) that my phone was no longer sending or accepting Text Messages. I panicked as I didn't want to miss a beat while I was away from the office. I went to the kiosk and was lucky enough to get Nick one of the best customer service reps I have ever met. Luckily he had heard of this before but couldn't fix it himself so he called IT/customer service on the phone and tried to tell them what they needed to do however they wanted him to try a half dozen other things first.

Once he did that we got disconnected. When he called back of course we got someone new. Explained the situation with them for some time until they did what he suggested and what do you know it worked. It only took an hour on the phone with customer service but he knew what he was talking about all along. I left there super relieved that it was working once again and just in time to catch my flight that evening. While we were waiting for Customer Service there was another man there praising Nick for working a miracle on his phone as well. We asked him if we could buy him lunch as he was a huge lifesaver for both of us and he declined graciously. I thought the least I could do is give him a shout-out on here and let Verizon know how lucky they are to have him as an employee. This was on 11/18/2021.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2021

My New Phone Experience: (iPhone Pro13 Max) It’s not every day that you get a new phone, in my case it's been 5-years, and going from an Android to a iPhone, I have to admit my anxiety. I would like to start with the entrance of going into the Verizon building on Rt6 Gar Highway Swansea Ma. (fragrance)! It’s like going to a Fine Dining Resturant (that initial feeling- clean- & a great start).

My sales person ** has a passion for what he does and with no question, knows his stuff. Professional and Courteous! I ask a lot of questions, as a matter of fact I brought my checklist. Everything checked, and transfer complete. What a relief and I love this phone. My first call, to my granddaughter who couldn't wait to talk, even better Facetime her Papa! I honestly can't say enough about Verizon after 23 years as a customer. And Kudos to my main man **, you made my day, and yes, I highly recommend this store if you are going to upgrade. Five Stars and more. Thank you

Tom **

Original review: Nov. 2, 2021

I discovered that my phone screen was broken around 8am this morning. I logged into the "My Verizon" app and reported the cracked screen for repair. They sent a technician to my house (Convenient) to do the repair on site. The technician arrived at 1230, just 4.5 hours after I reported this issue (Quick). The technician was extremely polite, very respectful, and took on the task without issues (Professional). I am amazed at the service provided for the warranty protection and I can certainly say that from my experience, this was a very great way to support the customers. Great job to all involved and I appreciate the very fast response as I am now back to enjoying my phone without the crack in the screen.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2022

Placed an order with the online assistant for a new iPhone13 Max, that process was very easy and within 10m I had my phone ordered for an In-Store Pickup. Here's where the nightmare begins... 1. I show up at the store only to find out they don't have the phone in stock even though online it says they do. 2. So then I have my setup appointment cancelled since I don't have a new phone to get setup and either by sheer incompetence or accident my whole order gets cancelled which necessitated the refund process. 3. Place the new order and have to make a second payment and am told my refund for the first order will take 2-3 business days (30m call).

4. After 4-5 business days I call about my refund and this time I'm told 7-10 business days (35min call). 5. After 11 business days I call AGAIN and this time I'm told the other two agents never processed the refund request, so now that's done (and I get an official number) I'm told 2-3 weeks before my refund will be returned to my card (35min call). 6. That time comes and goes, and now I'm told that because it was an In-Store Pickup I need to go get my refund at the store (another 30min call).

7. I go to the store (wait 45m) and then am told it'll be 5-7 business day before my refund will be returned to me and to call the loyalty center to track the progress of my refund (they showed me that it had already been approved and was now in a processing state). 8. That time comes and goes, and now I'm told (after another 35 min call) that I have to go back to the store to get my refund!!! Needless to say I lost my temper at this point and demanded to talk to someone in the Loyalty center only to be told that doesn't exist!!! At this point I've completely lost my sanity...

9. Finally after another 30+min call Samantha (my savior) tells me she can simply have the refund amount deducted from my current bill, which actually happened!! Thank you Samantha!!! Through all of this not 1 person gave me the same answer as anyone else. Everyone just decided to pass the buck and it took over 2 months to get my refund and tons of stress involved and I'm a 20+ year customer of them. Absolutely unacceptable and I am currently considering other providers due to this experience.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2022

After canceling service due to military retirement with orders, which I was told to email to a specific email address. I was still charged early termination fee when my orders were within the cancelation period. Even if they offered the best services in my area, I'd find another carrier due to their dishonesty and taking more money for early termination when we had orders to support the cancelation. Shame on Verizon. Also, they will not let you leave reviews elsewhere. Read a few places online where reviews cannot be changed by the owner and you'll see how cruddy their customer service really is.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2022

I have been a customer for 16 years and am absolutely disgusted that Verizon Wireless increased plans 26%! 5% would have been reasonable, but 26%?! I will be taking my business elsewhere.... I cannot believe increasing a bill that much is legal.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2022

To: Verizon Wireless Executive Relations (CASE **). In response to the above-mentioned case and shared with the BBB (complaint #**), I will again correct you on the term of contract being one month, not one year. Your legal response for continuing to bill me for the line is in the Customer Agreement, "Once you've completed your contract term, you'll automatically become a customer on a month-to-month basis for that line of Service." If a customer no longer needs a line, they must contact Verizon to process any disconnection or termination transactions.” My purchase order: Mobile no: **. Contract term: 1 month.

Your customer agreement is an 8-page micro print agreement, where I can find the word “automatically become a month-to-month basis for that line of service”. Considering the top of my purchase order stated a one-month term, I should have known to read the fine print where you let me know it is actually an automatic month to month contract? Seems a bit deceptive to me.

Next, we have got, “If a customer no longer needs a line, they must contact Verizon to process any disconnection or termination transactions.” I never needed a second phone line, it was set up by you as a promotion to sell a phone, you made up a phone number that would never be used or needed. Check the usage data, there was no messaging, no data used, no talk, and no text. But yet, I was expected to contact you to terminate what I was led to believe was a one-month contract?

The fact that you see no problem with billing someone for years of access fees, surcharges and taxes on a line set up to sell a phone and not for use because of the fine print in your customer agreement tells me this may be common practice and most likely there are probably many others out there like me. It would be interesting to see a report on how many lines there are with automatic month-to-month “contracts” with zero usage data, paying years of access fees, like me. Seems a bit fraudulent, but profitable. It is obvious at this point you have no intention of making it right after numerous offers of insulting “credit” amounts, so seems the best I can do is make others aware and warn them of the deception and fraud you legally get away with.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2022

Verizon used to be the best, I don’t have service at home without my wifi smh. My calls constantly fail, if not connected to wifi the internet is primitively slow to say the least. I had an issue where my autopay didn’t process and they had the nerve to add an additional 100$ to my next bill because of it! The agents were nice enough to credit that amount back but it had be to spread out over 2 months! Verizon’s policies make it hard for their agents to do what’s right for their customers. Then they only have surveys geared towards the reps and stores as if they are to blame for bad policies! I can’t wait to leave Verizon. It just may be worth it to pay the large fee to leave early SMH.

Verizon Wireless Company Information