1.91/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

Verizon Wireless

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 17, 2017

4560 Verizon Wireless Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

Verizon has been very good co. To deal with. It sucks that I can't pick my own organization for the money to be given. Animal rescue is nothing but a ** ripoff.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

My family has a package deal with Verizon. Our phone calls often get cut off, and we've put up with that but now for two days no one can get through to us on the phone. We called them yesterday and they told us someone would come today, before 11:30 am. Then we got an email saying they'd be here between 7:45 and 8:45 am. It is now after 12:00. When I called them they said no one was coming, and they "apologized" for the "inconvenience". That is lame. What do we pay them for? To leave us hanging for hours on end for nothing? I would NEVER recommend Verizon.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

My husband and I never had a problem with our service or connection. Other than a couple areas out in the boonies. However lately it's "everywhere". It's so extremely frustrating because we have a business and use our phones for all our jobs. Rumor has it that the phone companies are doing something to our phones during updates to lessen the connection. SO... then they advise us to upgrade to a better phone. I know other people having the same issues. Don't do the updates folks or you will lose your connection.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

Verizon Wireless DOES NOT care about its customers. I was with Verizon for 15 YEARS. I have the Google Pixel & one day my phone randomly restarted itself. When it restarted, my phone was really screwed up. My settings were off & I couldn't get into them & I couldn't use any of the soft keys except the back button. I called a tech coach & he ended up freezing my phone for a DAY & A HALF.

I went into a store & there was nothing they could do. I had to wait until Google unlocked my phone. My bill was 1 week late (that's another story) so they wouldn't loan me a phone until mine was unlocked. Like I said before, I was with Verizon for 15 YEARS. I could see if I screwed up, but I didn't, it was Verizon's tech coach telling the wrong things to do.

Having a phone is a safety issue for me right now. I have a DANCO against my ex boyfriend bc he physically assaulted me. If I needed to call the cops I couldn't bc I had no phone, but Verizon didn't care. I was in this situation bc of a Verizon tech coach not knowing how to do his job & they refused to help me. I left the store having a panic attack & went to T-Mobile. I explained my situation & walked out a T-Mobile customer. I plan on paying off the devices but there is no way in hell I will be paying the bill. Thanks Verizon. Keep up the great work.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

Reliable, quick to fix problems, no matter the time of day or night, there is someone to solve the issue on hand. Rarely does it take a long time to solve the issue/s. They are very helpful.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Verizon Home Phone Service?

Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

I opened an account with Verizon where I was told I would get a 18% discount through my employer and the cost was $30.00 per month including online. This was lie and the monthly cost for 2 years was $78.00. This extra line cost is not disclosed, my 18% employee discount was dissolved by alacart surcharges, taxes and government fees. When I called to make sure this contract did not renew after two years my account online was disable, customer service hung up on me during the call, and when I drove to the local Verizon store they suddenly did not have access to customers accounts.

I disable my pre-pay and paid the balance the week before. They told me, "You have to call on the day of the end of the contract or I will have to charge you a cancellation fee." There is nothing customer friendly about Verizon. I was told (just like when I purchased Sprint) that I would only be paying $50.00 instead of the $78.00 a month. We do not do contracts anymore. So when does a contract commitment cost more? Who would be foolish enough to sign a contract. I told them not to worry. I will never be a Verizon or any cell phone contract victim again.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

I brought my iPhone 6 in because of a headset jack issue I was having. I remember asking, "Can I trade the 6 as an even swap?" The representative said that my phone was still under warranty and the insurance only cover 50% of the cost of a new phone a 6 or a 7. But, I had to release my phone to the store that very day. I agreed to it but then when the receipt printed, it deducted the full amount of the phone, It appeared that my new phone was covered 100%. I signed it. I still have that document which is the only document, I signed. It actually stated that the full amount of the phone was covered and the representative stated that, I will only be charged in the amount of 30$ for the 1st month and my bill wouldn't change. It will go back to normal as it has been nothing was changed, so I believe this was true based on the receipt.

Got home phone worked fine, but later that evening around 11:00 p.m my service was cut off. I go back to the TCC because the phone wasn't receiving any service, she tried everything to get it to work from putting in her personal SIM card from her phone and numerous attempts with my personal E-mail password still no luck, The representative called Verizon pretending to be me. I was getting nervous because at this point it was unpleasant and unprofessional. My husband was with me and couldn't believe what was happening. He wanted to wait outside and told me to make sure that we were not going to be billed extra. The representative hung up with the Verizon with no luck, the rep had to obtain a new phone device out of the box and start from scratch, I asked her if I was responsible for a monthly charge for 24 months, she stated yes.

I then told her, "I would like my phone back. This was not what you stated yesterday." She stated I could not have my old phone back. It is gone. With that said I need a phone, what am I going to do if my children or husband have a emergency and need to contact me? I said, "I need a phone." The rep fished up with the new phone handed it to me and said she is sorry for the misunderstanding.

Now, I'm stuck in a contract that I never even signed. My name was forged by the representative and Verizon keeps saying they will fix the issue but keeps blowing it off. Tired of getting the runaround. This is now a month and a half of getting them to say we will fix the issue and you don't have to pay the price. Still the invoice does not reflect what they have continued to say to this very day. "We will not charge you for the phone and we apologize that this happened to you." I didn't even sign It.

I feel bad for the reps having to lie to get a sale and print false receipts. Bait and switch is a scam, Verizon. I hope you will do the right thing by your loyal customer and remove the cost of the brand new device, I have called, my husband has called, yet only to be lied to. I am and will report this to the Better Business Bureau and take legal action if you do not remove the charge of a new device of my account. Terrible experience and if not resolved promptly I will take my business my family plan elsewhere.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

I was hit with fraud last month on my account and it appears to be handled now. However, sometimes I need to call multiple times to get resolution. It used to be better.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

This is a real review of the "Ellipsis tablet." I'm on my second ellipsis tablet, first tablet had a cracked screen, I was told it cheaper and easier to take it to a repair shop and for $70 they will change the screen. Wrong. There are no replacement parts. I was informed these tablets are "Throw Away Tablets." No parts available, the best Verizon could do is sell me another $400 for $200 (discount).

Here I am 2 months later my New tablet went blank screen, they will ask you to send in the tablet to see if they can repair it (remember throw away tablet, there are no parts) before they will send replacement tablet 10 day turnaround if you're lucky. So now you know the truth before you buy a $400 Throw Away Tablet plus the $132 a year for insurance plus the deductible, making all that money & they still can't treat customers right.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

Calls are frequently dropped. I have a home office and have to maintain a landline due to the poor signal strength in a 12 block area. This was confirmed after I complained three times. There is no resolution except to turn to WiFi on airplane mode while working in my office. The problem has gotten worse in the last several months. I asked for a bill reduction due to poor service (working full time from an office and not having cell service that does not drop calls). Promised a whopping $45.00 one time credit. Not great service and not satisfied at all. Next step is Better Business Bureau.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

They willfully and purposely lie to people to get them to sign up for bigger plans - they promised me that since it was a data only plan, my rollover GB would never expire... LIE. They then take their ruse to the next level with intentional plans to sweep data customers have paid for. This is how: Any month you have a carryover balance they have set the system up to draw from the current month bucket instead of the carryover bucket - ON PURPOSE - because they are counting on people repeatedly having carryover data. Unless someone continuously uses MORE than their allotment (and pays EXORBITANT overage fees per MB) they NEVER have a chance to use their carryover data before they STEAL DATA THAT WAS PAID FOR!!! THEY LIE LIE LIE... In fact, I am pretty sure they don't know how to tell the truth!!! Someone should secure a lawyer for a class action lawsuit - all of this is ILLEGAL and would be actionable!

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

I've been with Verizon for over 10 years. I took advantage of the original offer of "unlimited" plan feature. Well over the years it appears Verizon bit off more than it can chew and has done every dirty trick to get me off this unlimited plan. Any change to my plan and I would lose this feature. So I couldn't upgrade my phone or do anything. So for years I paid full price for any new phones. Overtime however, they kept increasing my fees, so now I'm paying 49.99 for the data plan. I was supposed to be locked in the 29.99 plan for life but that was a lie.

So here's my issue. With the price increase in the data plan I'm paying for the latest and greatest features and costs. This included the 4G hotspot feature. But they are still charging me a separate fee for 4G from my original contract. When I brought this issue of being "double charged" for the same feature, they stated it was true and wouldn't remove it without me moving to a new plan. The customer reps are horrible system bots that don't listen to the issue and keep spouting half-truths and running their lies in different ways. Because of my work and what I do, I need this unlimited plan usage. I just wish Verizon would stop screwing me over. I will be leaving them in a year. I just have to take it while I can. But for any new users thinking about joining Verizon, run. Run as far as you can. They are good liars.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

I've never had a problem with Verizon. They helped me every single time I needed help and they have never gotten an attitude with me. I've been with Verizon since 2014 and I'm never leaving them. Also, Verizon also has offered me a chance to get an upgrade to the new iPhone.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

Verizon establishes policies to rationalize theft of millions from credits on customer’s accounts. As of June 2017, my account had accumulated a credit of $430, at which time I spoke with a representative in reference to a refund. The representative informed me that Verizon does not give refunds. I then asked if I could use my credit to make a purchase from the Verizon online store. He checked with the sales department and was told Verizon does not allow credits to be used for purchases. The solution the representative and the sales department offered was for me to leave the credit on my account and allow it to be used up by my monthly charges. They determined the monthly charges would zero out my credit balance by March of 2018, at which time I was to resume making monthly payments.

As of September 8, 2017, my remaining credit balance, after deduction of monthly charges through that date, was reduced to $350.02. On October 8, 2017, with the stated and documented credit balance on my account, my service was disconnected for non-payment. No longer having phone service, I started an online chat with a Verizon representative, a copy of which I have retained. After a very lengthy chat, the representative was able to get Verizon to agree to issue me an account credit of $150, but they would not refund the remaining $200 of my credit. She also informed me that: (copied from chat transcript) “In this case if you keep making monthly payments the balance will never be used, however you don't need to make monthly payment if you would like to use your balance.”

If, as this representative stated, I would not have to make monthly payments until my credit balance is used up, why did Verizon disconnect my service and confiscate my $350.02 credit? Given the size of Verizon’s organization, and the millions of customers they have, the possibility of this happening only to me is unrealistic.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

They stole my information from my account and opened up 3 credit applications to rip me off more as if paying for their crappy service wasn't enough. They have horrible customer service and gave out my bill to the scammer that got all my info. Unbelievable! FIND A DIFFERENT CARRIER, THEY ARE THE WORST.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

First of all the Verizon data plan is a joke, 1.5 hour on browsing Amazon.com consumed 1GB by using Jetpack. When I determine to close the data plan, the representatives lied to me that if I can find someone take over the phone number associated to the Jetpack, I would get $200 reward. Sound a good deal. And I confirmed with the second representative, and I was told the same. Finally when I got someone who is willing to take over the phone number, the representative told me one reference $50 only, only by finding 3 people who open new Verizon account will I got $200! I was misled intentionally by the representatives all this time!! Be aware of all the traps when you are working with Verizon. Lesson learned and I will never user Verizon ever again!

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

Face it. The era when Verizon was a leader is gone. Nowadays they are only experts in billing: rude, ignorant and arrogant. Verizon wireless were applying their fraudulent practices on us for at least half a year first by overestimating our data usage and constantly pushing us to switch to larger data plans. Our regular data usage rarely surpasses 3 GB and yet lately we were paying for a plan with 8 GB. We paid $178.20 monthly for 2 cell phones 8 GB of data and 1 gizmo watch. Last time Verizon jacked up our bill to $266.50. Refuses to adjust it. I contacted the company 6 times about this issue. Also bill shows $180 past due, which is not true. Last bill of $178.20 was paid in full on 09.22.2017. Verizon states, that all charges are valid and resulted from them playing with my due date on a billing cycle. I cannot afford to pay random 30% price increase and I am tired of Verizon's fraudulent practices.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

Verizon's network is very reliable. I've never had dropped calls nor have I ever had an area with no service. With new additions to the plans regularly, it's a good value.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

For many years my wife, my daughter, my son, and I all owned Verizon phones. One by one, we transferred to other carriers, until the only phone on the Verizon account was my daughter's. Then, early this year, ownership of the Verizon account was officially transferred through Verizon from myself to my daughter. My daughter was well into adulthood at the time. Imagine my surprise when Verizon reported negative information on me to a credit agency. Since the account was transferred to my daughter, I had not received a bill, a late notice, or a collection notice from Verizon.

Imagine my greater surprise when Verizon told the credit agency that the negative report was accurate. When I owned the account, I sometimes made payments from a bank account I had linked to it, but I removed that payment method before the account was transferred. I don't even know the credentials of the account to be able to communicate with Verizon about it. I wrote to Verizon and if you can believe it, a Verizon executive called me and spent an hour commiserating with me because he had once been reported to a collection agency for a student loan. However, he refused to remove the negative information from my credit report. To me, the lesson is clear: Don't buy your son or daughter a Verizon phone.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

During the major 3 day 3 state power outage, Verizon was the only service that worked. We have great coverage and rarely any dropped calls while others we know with different networks have many problems.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

I always buy my phones, to save money on my monthly bill. But, have to jump through hoops to get the right monthly price, and it always changes from what the original customer service rep quoted me. (And always in their favor).

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

Verizon unlimited plan is a lie. They actually slow users down to where the internet is unusable and stops completely. The slow down numbers they quote are a lie. They apparently are not able to deliver as promised.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

Essentially no cellular service for 12 months. Monthly calls to report problems. Verizon blamed my device rather than admitting problem with regional service. Recently learned it is defect in Verizon network. Verizon is unwilling to provide information on repair or compensation for lack of service. Hours on phone waiting for agents who have no decision-making power. Very low level of performance. Treat customers like morons. Horrible way to run a business.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

It took me 5 months to resolve a billing issue with Verizon. Went to Verizon store twice and I called Verizon customer service 3 times to resolve this issue.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

On Sept 30, 2017 received a credit alert notice on my email. I checked my credit history on Credit Karma and notice Verizon Wireless had ran a credit inquiry in my name without authorization on Sept 28, 2017. Immediately, I submitted a credit fraud alert and security freeze on all three credit bureau. On Oct 2, 2017 at 12:56 pm I called Verizon Wireless at 1-800-922-0204 approximately around 12:56 pm and spoke with Latricia and explained the issue. She then redirected me to the fraud unit and spoke with Sharon approximately around 1:02 pm. I explained everything to her in detailed. She was told I wasn't living in Florida and haven't lived there in some years. She told me an account was open in my name and it was tied to my name so therefore it's my account and it's not a fraud issue and the phones were sent the address provided which is attached to my name and they received the information from Equifax Credit Bureau.

I responded to her that it wasn't my account and I did not open any account with them. I asked her for all the information on the account so that I can make a police report and have the person to be arrested. She told even if I do a police report, it still won't make a fraud case, she can't give me the information because I said, "It's not my account" but if I say it is then, she can provide me with all the information. That respond to me was very rude, sarcastic, demeanor and playing with my intelligence. I asked her where did this account was setup and she told me that it was done over the phone.

So, I find this to be very interesting how an account can be setup in my name without verifying the person without taking any type of security protocol but she couldn't give me information on the account that is in my name. Doesn't make sense to me. I told her nevertheless, they need to cancel this account and that I will not be pay on this account and a police report will be done.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

Bills too high always, rate and MB they say is always over (mysteriously). Too many bills inaccurate, to the point where you'll only get it changed after you complain. Data rate meter isn't verified by third party, complete fleecing of Americans. Absolutely will never use them again, customer service is the worst.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

I was lied to when I renewed my contract. They told me I was on 50% payoff, when it was a 100%. Then I was told it was fixed and would receive a call back to finish process (which required a manager). Never called me back. So I called back for the fifth time in 2 month for the same issue. They told me the previous rep was a liar and misinformed me. They said they could not make me the same offer. So made me a different offer that was not helping the situation and suggested I go to the store for a better resolution. The manager of the store done his part. Instructed me to call Verizon back and get the credit I was offered to completely fix the issue. They then told me no credit. Even though it was written in the notes to do so. I HATE THIS COMPANY! Customer for 12 years. And $36,000 spent over 12 years. WOW! OBVIOUSLY they don't need my business. So maybe another company will appreciate my money! Hello Sprint!

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

I live in Nassau County North Shore Long Isl NY. The cell service here is just mediocre. I usually only get 2 bars. Verizon could use better cell towers but I don't have any issue with their customer service. Their prices and plans are competitive.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

When I got my account with Verizon we were double charged for the first month, called and settled and sent to collections anyway. We finished our two year term and I didnt pay the last two months because I was mad so that was my fault. We cancelled a month and a half after our two years was up. We were charged a month plus a few days. After we were sent to collections we ended up making a settlement for a total of about 540 dollars between the two. The initial 150 from when we were double charged was sent to both collections services in the end and we never owed that money to begin with.

Verizon will never be suggested to anyone by me but the people in customer service were always courteous and have not once been rude. I always had phone service even in the woods and swamp where I hunted so I expected to pay a higher price for the service but it just didn't compensate for the negligence in the system. Overall I give Verizon a very poor review.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

Give me a customer service rep that I can understand!!! I'm a long time customer and overall I think Verizon is good but I DREAD ever having to call Cust Serv, like I did today. I couldn't understand her, she wasn't that helpful and you gave me my device and YOU should have all the info on it. You want the number off my sim card? You should have it! I don't have the device with me!!! Why can't I just do what I need to do on your website so I DON'T have to call you!!! I HATE CALLING VERIZON!!!

Verizon Home Phone Service expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Verizon Wireless is a subsidiary of Verizon Communications, which formed in 2000 when Bell Atlantic and GTE merged. Verizon Communications is a publically-traded company with headquarters in Basking Ridge, N.J. It offers cellular phone service through contract plans and unlimited prepaid plans for smartphones and basic phones.

• Features: Verizon’s prepaid plans come with many free features, including caller ID, call waiting, call forward, data alerts and three-way calling. Compatible phones also include voice mail, visual voicemail and mobile hotspot connectivity for free.
    • Switch to monthly: Customers can use any phone purchased from Verizon for a prepaid plan if they decide to sign up for a monthly plan. This feature may appeal to those who need temporary service and may wish to return to a monthly, contract plan in the future.
    • Canada and Mexico: All of Verizon’s prepaid plans for smartphones include unlimited text messages to mobile phones in Mexico and Canada. Customers can choose to add on minutes to place voice calls to Mexico and Canada or place international calls with a per-minute surcharge.
    • Payment options: Customers can pay for service online or from their phone. They can also set up autopay so that their phones remain active. Although customers cannot simply make a payment in a Verizon store, they can purchase a refill card from a Verizon store and use that to refill their phone online.
    • Next-day shipping: Customers who order a phone from Verizon to use with a prepaid plan receive free next-day shipping.
    • Best for: Verizon is best for temporary users, business owners and budget-conscious customers.
    Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs