Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.34/5

Telus Reviews

Original review: Jan. 22, 2020

At the beginning of Jan/2020 I contacted Telus mobility and talked to Cecilia. I told her I have a cell phone (actually a flip phone) that I only use for emergencies. I had asked if telus would extend my one year expiry date to two years. She checked my records and saw how little I use the phone. She recommended a plan more suited to my needs. She said she would call me today to confirm what we had talked about. Just talked to Cecilia a few minutes ago and plan is now a go. I certainly appreciate her taking the time to save me money. With this new plan my $100 should last approx. 33/34 months. I’m a very happy telus user.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2019

Just wanted to give a shoutout to Dave **! After finally getting thru to the fix it division they had said that they could only come out on the Sat between 3-5... however when we originally had our Telus equipment installed a great guy Dave gave us his number after completing his installation. He gave us his number to call anytime - he came thru for us on the same day! With grandkids arriving, it was crucial... as well as not going over our cell data with no wifi!! He’s awesome! Telus give him a raise!!! He’s a service technician, home team! Thank you SO much Dave!

Get expert buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2019

My kids just got new cell phones. I asked for no data on their phones and was given a plan for each phone. Then within a month, I get an email from Telus saying I had a $50 data charge. I was confused and called Telus telling them that my 12 year old daughter's friend used her phone and must have turned the data on. The rep was extremely friendly (his name was Marvin). He put me on hold for 5 minutes and then came back saying that they had credited my $50 dollar data charge and recommended that I switch to a cheaper plan for my kids that was better suited to them and would block all data. I accepted and in 2 seconds got an email confirming the new plans and that my $50 charge had been credited. I was very satisfied by customer service and will stay with Telus Mobility.

Original review: June 14, 2019

I contacted Telus support today to see about upgrading my plan since I saw that new plans were coming out and I did not have sufficient data. After being told by one rep that I could indeed upgrade my plan, I left the chat to contact my dad for advice and was ensured that I would be able to follow through with this plan if I returned to chat support. When I returned, this rep told me that the upgrade was impossible and that this was basically my problem as I was given the wrong information. I left the chat and re-entered, hoping to talk to someone more helpful and pleasant.

I was connected to Ana ** who provided me with amazing service! She took her time to talk to the support team and was able to offer me exactly what the first lady offered me. She was very pleasant to deal with and you could tell that she genuinely enjoys helping her customers! I really appreciated her patience and kindness throughout this process. It is not even the fact that she was able to give me this upgrade, but how pleasant and amazing she was in dealing with this issue. Thank you Ana! I wish that all customer service reps could be as awesome as you.

Original review: March 8, 2019

Please be kind, cause I am new to this! My husband and myself, went to purchase phones from Telus. We both had previous phones from the same store. I had never got familiar with my phone, because it was difficult to navigate. Mine was basically for emergencies, but I was envious of the masses. We were lucky enough to sit down with Matt **, to discuss our needs. He sold us both, a new LG Xpower 3. He really listened to us, and advised us, about the features this phone has. So simple to use, and we were both up and running, in no time. I guess this review, is more about the excellent customer service we received, than about this sleek, easy to use phone. We both, have not had customer service like that in years, if ever. Thank you Telus, and Matt **.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Telus?

Original review: Jan. 11, 2020

I have been a Telus customer for many years but this will be the LAST contract I sign with telus. I just finished a 2 year contract with them and my Samsung S7 phone quit working so I took it to Telus Kingsway to get it checked out. They looked at it for a few minutes, tried to get it going with no results so I purchased a new S9 and signed another 2 year contract, also purchased a Otter case and tempered glass protector which THEY installed and less than 24 hours later the glass cover just fell off and cracked.

I went back to telus kingsway where I purchased it and explained to them what had just happened but they told me there is nothing they can do except sell my another one for $50 after I just bought a $1000 phone. I even talked with the manager which she was also helpless as she was also ready to sell me another one for $50. I was so frustrated after this terrible experience that I just left the store with a brand new phone with a cracked $50 glass protector. Yeah so telus if you're listening. THIS WILL BE MY VERY LAST CONTRACT I EVER SIGN WITH YOU GUYS. If that's the way you treat a long and faithful customer... I'm done with you guys. I wish we could rate with 0 stars because that's what this bad experience was worth... A big fat zero.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2020

At home our internet service was running at a speed of 3. We stayed on line for 1 hour and 12 minutes before the first person answered. Then she referred us to someone else which took just under a hour. At the same time, the message consistently repeats that they realize our time is valuable and yet it takes this long??? Why is Telus not hiring additional employees? At work one of our phone lines went down. Same thing in the wait... please remove that our time is valuable as it is very insulting as clearly when there is such a wait, it is not valuable.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2019

After being on a corporate account with Telus through BCMA/Doctors of BC for years we finally got tired and switched providers, got a much better plan for half the money. But the glitch... Telus is refusing the remove a porting block on the numbers that we were never informed it existed by the administrators at Doctors of BC and those people are away between Dec 21 to January 2 with no one to contact. So now we are stuck with four bills instead of two. No accountability on either part, typical Telus behavior.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2019

I wish there was a zero star rating. I bought a two year contract since it was cheaper. I cancelled it after three months since I could not make it work at all. They charged me a very large cancellation fee.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2019

Been with Telus Mobility for over 20 years. I pay my bills. My previous contract with them involved paying off 2 phones and 1 of those phones was not in use for nearly 3 years. The phones were paid for fully a year ago, Only 1 was in use for the 3 years. I came to them 3 years ago to cancel the service for the one. Was told that due to the contract would still need to pay for phone and service for full term or 2 years. For over 1 year I have paid for service for this inactive phone that was deactivated 3 years ago and for the phone itself that was fully paid for one year ago. When asked for some sort of refund or offset to current bill, there was no responsibility assumed and no offer for refund given. Of course my only contact is someone in the Philippines who could barely speak English. I am sure these guys are not alone, but don't buy from these scumbags. No loyalty and no honour.

Is your car out of warranty?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right extended auto warranty for you.

Telus Company Information