3.3/5 (561 ratings)

About Telus

Telus Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Telus?

Original review: Jan. 21, 2023

The technical support specialist that Telus sent, Keith, was knowledgeable, helpful and VERY polite and respectful. I too have been in home services for over 30 years and Keith exemplified professionalism.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2022

** at the Telus Kingsway mall 6617 was amazing. Hooked my family of 4 up with new phones and was willing to go the extra mile to make sure we are all satisfied. ** I will be going back for the service.

Get buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 3, 2022

I want to give 5/5 stars to Al for a really positive, helpful experience with this representative from the loyalty department. I was trying to help my dad (he's in his mid 80s, me and my sister have to help him with a lot of administrative needs) with his Telus account, the many other agents before him just seem to read from a script, one of them even repeating himself 4x times within the time frame of 5 minutes, he would not let me speak at all.

That one hung up before he could be of any help, which I then tried again I was eventually connected to a representative by the name of Al. Al was very patient and knowledgeable and willing to help. With Al's assistance I was able to renew a contract on behalf of my father (who had been growing fed up of jumping through hoops with the previous representatives to get myself authorized). Al helped lift a burden off my shoulders. My father and I thank you for your sincerity, helpfulness, listening ear, knowledgeable answers, and willingness to see our problems solved. Thank you so much from the bottom of our hearts! Louis & Denny

Original review: April 2, 2022

Went into Telus Willowbrook mall Mar31/22 to purchase a new phone/plan asI had lost my I phone 11. Tyler T greeted me and shared his expertise knowledge of phones with greatness making me very comfortable now because of my lack of tech knowledge. Between Tyler and his boss Brandon they took the extra time to completely understand my phone needs. Wasn’t rushed which was awesome. They helped me get rid of Freedom Mobile which was a nightmare for them. Ending up having to change my phone number because of Freedom and having be frustrated by talking with 4 Freedom employees with bad customer service. Thank you Tyler and Brandon. I feel like I have met new Friends

Original review: March 28, 2022

Just had a great customer service experience at Telus today. It was Dawn who helped me. She was so informative, focused and quick. She answered all my questions in a calm and positive way. I was a shaw client for more than 10 years. But miss them no more. I am a happy client at Telus.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2023

Was lied to by Telus rep to switch to them. It would be cheaper they said. It wasn’t. I left a perfectly good phone play based on Telus mobility promise. I have an iPhone 13. I have had it for 6 months and pretty much since I got it it been a problem. It freezes, can’t hear me or others and the data/internet doesn’t work properly. It was my last straw when I use an app to log into my work and it would not let me. Data froze. I had to call my boss to log me in and out. I was told that I don’t resolve this phone issue I can’t work there. I have files CCTS and nothing. They don’t care about their customers. I called them today to cancel my contract. According to Telus $20 per month of the remaining contract, with the being bring it back phone program.

I was told today that I still would have to pay for the phone even if I can bring it back because it wasn’t in proper working order. It’s 6 months old, I am not paying for a phone that doesn’t works. So I ask can I sell my phone and plan and they said yes but they wouldn’t recommend it because the phone isn’t in good working order. It wouldn’t be fair to the buyer. What about me. 6 months of hell and they want to get $900 from me plus the phone when their site states $20 per each remaining month. I need to work and I can’t afforded to keep this piece of junk that they won’t stand behind. And they threatened that they will report it to my credit bureau and my credit would be effected. I am having the worse experience with Telus. It’s is effecting my mental health to fight with them for the past 6 months. What can I do. It’s my work that is affected.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2023

Hi Telus installed home security in my house to controlled from smartphone (heat thermostat. garage opener. doorbell). It works first day.. I have to call technician next day (nothing works). It work while technician home but it's stop working after he left. Within only one month I have to get technician in my house at least 5 time. After that still nothing work. Now my telus thermostat STOP functioning completely and I have no heat at home with _25 for 3 day. I try to call private technician but they said, "We can't do this because it's connected to telus central internet service." So we have to wait for telus the only one who can fixed. Today Feb 02 and I am still without heat waiting for telus. I have baby at home.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2023

Several times I have tried to get on hold TELUS to solve particular problems with the service, and EVERY time I have been on hold for at least 2 hours!!! That is unacceptable and will be changing companies once I finish the contract. No respect at all for the customer and his time. Always the excuse is the same..."We are sorry, but today it's been a particularly busy day"!!!

Original review: Feb. 1, 2023

Telus agent Jonel called me to offer a promotion because I have an existing account with Telus Smart Home Security (formerly ADT). There are 3 phone lines in our home so I gladly accepted the offer because it is cheaper than our current phone plans with another service provider. The offer is a $5 discount for each of our phones. When the sim cards arrived and I called Telus for activation, I was told that I am not eligible for the promotion because I am NOT an existing Telus customer. So what's the deal with Telus acquiring ADT if I am not a Telus customer? And why was I offered the discount if I was not an existing customer? I was so frustrated I ended up cancelling transferring to Telus and just stick with our present provider. I even gave Jonel an excellent review after our call thinking I got a good deal. But I was deceived. If only I can take that rating back and talk to him again, I would air my frustration and disappointment.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2023

I went to Europe with my wife last December/January. I was supposed to pay 13$ to use my phone plan there. Instead, Telus charged me more than twice as much. When I asked why, they said both my phone and my wife's had been used, except that my wife's phone data was turned off since she got there. Also, Telus security has not provided maintenance to my outdoor camera which doesn't work. To make matters worse, our internet wifi is spotty and often doesn't work. We had pic TV too but had to switch to optic TV because the internet was not reliable to support it. So, in summary, Telus is expensive and, in my experience, has been ineffective.

Telus Company Information