1.28/5
Based on 66 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Telus

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 15, 2018

244 Telus Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

Telus suspended my service when I went to Cuba on the basis of "suspicious roaming", sent me a text saying to call this number to reconnect and verify it was me. Of course I couldn't phone on my phone because they disconnected me. Had to borrow someone elses phone to call them and was told by a rude, not very helpful woman that I needed to supply two pieces of government ID via fax if my account was to be reconnected. I explained that I was in Cuba with limited internet service and no access to a fax machine, she was very unsympathetic to my situation, being without service in a foreign country, unable to contact any of my family or make arrangements for being picked up at the airport or anything.

She said my service would still be disconnected when I got back to Canada until I provided the pieces of ID. AND THEN after I get off the phone with her I receive an email saying "sorry to see you go" letting me know that apparently I had canceled my service altogether and the last day of my service would be Feb. 11th. Which I did not do, I never told anyone to cancel my service completely, although now I wish I did. Once I get back to Canada I go to the Telus store, the man helping me didn't even really know what to do as he said he had never seen anything like this happen in the 7 years he was with Telus.

I had brought all my ID with me this time, hoping they would be able to have it and reconnect me. Not the case. I brought my passport, health card, driver's license and SIN card and these were all insufficient pieces of ID. They then informed me I would have to come back with either a paper bill mailed to my address or a bank statement. THESE ARE NOT PIECES OF GOVERNMENT ID which I was told to supply.

The man there faxed in my health card along with my driver's license on the off chance that they would accept that. They did not. I waited a few more days for them to contact me which they did not so I emailed the escalated customer issue email address and was told the same thing that they would only accept my driver's and either a bill or a pay stub or bank statement. They told me to email in these and gave me an email address to mail these too which I did. Fast forward more than a week and still have heard nothing back from them.

I'm extremely disappointed in Telus with the poor service and making it literally impossible for me to get my service back. When they cut off my service I had also just handed out multiple resumes with that number as my contact info so everyone I handed a resume off to has been unable to contact me. Thanks Telus. So far as I know I am paying for a service that I am unable to use.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2018

One year ago I switched from Rogers wireless business to TELUS wireless business and that was the biggest mistake ever. I ordered 3 iPhones and it took them 10 days before I call and the customer representative confirmed that it was shipped already and I should be receiving them Friday the latest. I didn't receive anything till Monday so I called on Monday (which makes is 2 weeks since ordered the iPhones) and the rep told me that it's unavailable that's why nothing is shipping!!! I asked her why the previous rep told me that it was shipped and she replied by that it was misinformation!!!

The customer representative deceived me first of all by saying that the plan has caller id and I asked him that if that has the call display for numbers which is not on the contact list and he confirmed yes. This turned to be a lie and that he was just trying to sell a feature that the company even don't have!!! This happened again when I was travelling to USA and discovered that they don't have the Roam Like Home like Rogers and Bell and they have something else called travel passport which is so bad even for any customer and so expensive and you don't get any enough minutes or data. Of course when I was initially doing the deal the same rep told me that they have the Roam Like Home and that was a lie as usual!!!

The customer service is so bad to the extent that every time you call them they can't address your concerns, and once I spoke to the manager and she advised me choose French rather than English so I can get an agent from Canada not offshore and then I can speak English with the agent!!! So annoying. Eventually when I was cancelling the contract after only 1 year, I was told by the agent that the penalty was $990 and then I asked him if that includes taxes or not. He confirmed that taxes were added to the amount and the only left balance including tax is $990...and I don't need to say that it was a lie and that this amount you have to add taxes and I had to pay $1160!!!

When I called to address this matter they told me that they will listen to the call. I gave them the ref. number and the agent name and date and time of the call. After 1 week they called to say that the call was not recorded for a reason and that they will just give $50 credit to help me. What kind of provider is that!!! Every time any mistake happens they say human error but the company never stands behind its employees' mistakes and the customer always pay for the unprofessional agents and all this lies and misinformation!!! Even when I cancelled they sent an email to provide my feedback, I gave them the worst feedback ever and even no one replied or called me!!! Stay away from this company as they are so unprofessional and not worthy of having your business and they just DECEIVE you to get your money.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

Furious with Telus. They weaned me from my previous cell phone provider with a free Samung 8 and verified several times I would pay the same as my previous plan incl taxes. Received a bill for twice that amount and when complained they reviewed the taped conversation with the sales associate. They acknowledged he had made a mistake and should not have offered me such a cheap price but refuse to honour the agreement. Now have to send phone back, try and get old plan back, and change all my information back to old phone which had been wiped! Also out another $25 for the new cell case I had to buy. Disgusting customer service!!!

Original review: Jan. 13, 2018

5 years with Telus. I was on a fixed plan for the last year, this last bill was almost double. I called them, only to waste my time, they are trying to tell me my promotions are over. I have the emails confirming my deal with them and they say they don't do those deals anymore? This makes no sense? Telus has lost yet another customer due to stupidity! Called Shaw today, will be changing services.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2018

Signed a 3 yr contract with fixed price, every few months my service price increased slightly till it doubled! This is always the case with Telus. Cancelled my services, 4 hours on the phone, they sent me a bill of arrears $449! This is to return the modem and equipment they installed. Another phone call, 7 hours long and me telling Telus the process, they send me out the boxes to ship the electronic goods in at a post office. Post office tells me to keep the receipt as Telus frequently denies receiving the goods and wants to charge the customer the $449 or destroy the customer's credit score! It’s a corrupt organization that requires government to look into the over pricing, price creep breach if contracts and false charges destroying people’s ability to establish credit financing.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Telus?

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

Prepaid and added credit card for automatic top up. I am a senior and on pay as you go. I bought a new cell phone from Walmart. They could not get through to Telus after a 1 hour wait. I said I would try from home. After an hour of waiting I got through to an overseas operator which I could not understand what she was saying. I asked if she could switch to English. I was able to gather that she said she was talking in English. I was unable to talk with her and discontinued the call. I have tried different ways to get service on my new phone which I was told was a simple matter of changing sim cards. I am looking for another provider that does pay as you go. I will be cancelling Telus. I will probably be out the $20.00 of prepayment and the $125 I paid for the new phone. I not likely will be able to cancel the $10 per month of automatic withdrawal but I can live with that, small price to pay to learn not to deal with Telus.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

Do not use this company for home services. I have been a customer for over 5 years. I have never been so upset by a customer experience. I have had to spend over 8 hours on hold/on the phone trying to get a simple thing accomplished. I have been trying to move my services since Dec 26th. I have had nothing but problems and dealt with extremely unprofessional staff. They do not call back when they say they will. They do not care and do not take responsibility. On Dec 26 I arrange to have services end at one address and start at another only to be told it couldn't be completed and that a linesman would have to come in a few days. The tech did not cancel the cancellation request at our previous address and they could not fix it. We were without services for 3 days. I was told by a loyalty team member that he would take this over and get us hooked up ASAP. He said he would call me back. He never did.

I spoke to a manager on Saturday and told them that Dec 31 was the last time we could be in our old place. I begged them to give us a resolution and get a linesman out. I confirmed with Natalie, the manager that I spoke to that she would call me back. She said yes in no more than a couple hours. Again I was never called back. Called again and spoke to another extremely rude manager named Hermanas who told me Jan 3rd was the soonest a lines truck could come by. And that he would not book an appointment until they came. This left my mom without service AGAIN for at least 4 days. Or so we thought. More back and forth later. The linesman comes and I make an appointment for today between 11-1 and I am unhappy but expect it all to be over soon. Today the tech never showed up and never called. My mom called in at 1 and spoke to someone who said the tech is running behind and will call her soon. She never received a call.

I call in tonight and talk to another manager. He does not take responsibility, he instead tells me that an appointment was never set up and the soonest appointment available appointment is Monday, Jan 8th. That is 9 days with NO service. This is not acceptable. And whats worse is that no one seems to care to fix the situation or make it right. I have never dealt with such an unprofessional and terrible company. And for anyone who took the time to read this to the end, this is the SHORT version. This doesnt include all the time spent on hold, or being put on hold for the rep to never come back on the line. Or being sent a incorrectly priced contract. Or having incorrect pricing set up.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

I have had several occasions to have to speak with Telus. Without exception, the wait is around 30 or more minutes for an operator to come on the line. A most annoying recording comes on intermittently while you are waiting saying that THEY UNDERSTAND OUR TIME IS VALUABLE. What in blazes name do they mean by that?

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

I called Telus customer service about 11 am Mountain Time on December 27, 2017. After one hour and 5 minutes I am still on hold. What is going on? You would think a supervisor would take some calls to cut wait time... 2 minutes should be the maximum wait time for a call centre. Telus should reimburse customers $1 for every minute beyond that.

Updated on 12/27/17: On hold - two hours - Telus Call Centre. This is a follow-up regarding Telus Canada. They provide cell and cable service. On December 27, 2017, I called at around 11:00 am Mountain Time to solve a simple account issue. I have two Telus accounts--one for cellphone, one for cable TV. I made a payment to the wrong account. Payment on the correct account was due soon. I ended up on perpetual hold. I finally got a clerk at 12:14 pm MT. I asked to be transferred to a supervisor to complain about the long wait. I wanted compensation for the delay.

12:19 pm agent transferred by putting me on hold for supervisor. 12:29 pm same agent apologized for delay, no reply from supervisor, put me back on hold. 12:35 pm same agent apologized again for delay, no reply from supervisor, put me back on hold. 12:39 pm same agent tried to transfer me to Client Resolution Management Centre (a fancy name for Customer Service). 12:46 pm same agent apologized again that he could not reach Resolution Centre. I again asked for a supervisor. Agent said all supervisors were in a meeting. It was 2:49 pm (Philippines time)! Agent said that to contact a supervisor he has to fill out an online form, email it to supervisor and wait for a reply. Apparently supervisors did not respond to his online form. Agent said a co-worker told him supervisors were in meeting.

I told agent that it is not likely that all supervisors would be in a meeting at peak hours especially with thousands of calls backed up. If they did, Telus needs to get rid of them and hire new supervisors. 12:54 pm same agent again apologized, no response, he put me back on hold for Resolutions Centre. 1:00 pm a clerk in Resolutions finally answered. At my request, he explained that Telus was scrambling to match a competitor's cell phone offer of 10 Gigabytes for $60. As a result, it appears thousands of Telus customers dumped Telus service and switched to the competitor. In a desperate attempt to stop losing customers, Telus tried to match the offer. Consequently that resulted in thousands of calls, apparently from existing Telus customers who wanted the promo. Calls got backed up from the promo which was advertised Dec 16 to Dec 19. And they are still backed up as of December 27--at least that is according to the Resolutions agent.

Therefore, when ordinary customers like me called in with a simple question about my cellphone account, I had to wait two hours to get an agent. It should not take any more than 30 seconds to reach an agent and holds should never be more than 2 minutes. Telus knows this. My initial problem was that I paid $46.14 as my monthly payment on my cellphone account. But I later realized that I had made payment in error on my cable TV account. I needed to transfer the $46.14 from my cable account to my cellphone account. And I cannot do that online. I had no choice but to call.

The Resolutions clerk said I could have used chat, but as a baby boomer, I hate chat. I hate scrambling to try to type out a conversation. It just feels so impersonal and annoying. Some agents seem to be answering several chats at once, leaving you hanging with long gaps in the conversation as you wait for them to reply. Some of them seem like they will answer the chat when they are good and ready. To be fair, the Client Resolutions Management Centre (CMRC) clerk was professional and thorough in his explanations. It appears that it was management that screwed up because they were the ones who created the promo to beat the competition knowing full well that they would be inundated with calls at a time when they are already overwhelmed with customers who got new cellphones for Christmas.

I used to work in a call centre for Bell Canada and I learned that all customer service calls are tracked as to when the calls was made, how long the caller waited on hold, how many callers hung up, how long the agent was on the phone with the caller, etc. The Bell Call Centre had stats for every day of the year. So the call centre could predict how many calls they were going to get, by just going back one year and looking at call stats for that day in the previous year. Consequently they can pretty well predict how many workers are needed on any given day in the present year.

But in this case, Telus screwed up. In my opinion, panicked Telus shareholders were most likely calling management to tell them that the competitor had a fantastic deal and that Telus was going to lose lots of customers. Which it did. If management was on the ball, they could have called in extra staff BEFORE announcing the Telus promo. In short, they knew many Telus callers were going to be frustrated with long waits on the phone, and it appears they really didn't care. As long as profits are up and shareholders are happy, let the customers be damned. I asked the CMRC agent if he could offer any goodwill for the two hour wait that was inflicted on me just to get my simple account issue rectified. He said he would credit my account with $15.00--I would have preferred $50--I took his offer and thanked him for his help. He was an excellent agent to deal with. End of story.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

In the process of upgrading my phone at the Telus store in the Willowbrook Mall in Langley, B.C., I created a very complicated problem that I had caused for myself. I went into the Telus store very worried that I had painted myself into an uncomfortable corner. The rep I approached was Neena, who greeted me with a big smile and a calm voice. After my disjointed explanation of what I had done Neena put her thinking cap on and in time was able to get everything sorted out. Without Neena's expert help I would be a very sad fellow. Neena was stellar in her efforts to help me get the phone I wanted at the time I needed it. I can't say enough how professional Neena was in providing me with the very best customer service I have ever had. She is my hero!!

Original review: Dec. 15, 2017

Apparently I am not the only one. I had the ISP changed from Telus to Shaw. Shaw sent in the cancellation notice for Dec 15th. On December 14th at 5 pm, our service was cut - no more debit-credit card transactions, no PO system, no music... etc. I was only made aware of the situation at 8 pm in which I promptly phone support. I was told that it was after hours for that team that I needed. We only resumed internet access next day when Shaw completed the setup. I had phoned Telus at 8 am (earliest time that they were available) to see if they could restore for the next few hours. They said they had reinstalled the account but it did not work. Furthermore, Telus blamed Shaw of course but after speaking to several Shaw reps, there was no record of Shaw requesting disconnect on the 14th. I no longer trust Telus so if you switch, issue the cancellation yourself (don't let the new ISP do it) and give yourself a few days' leeway.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

Cancelled a service that never worked in the first place, then received a bill in the mail (3 months after I canceled) saying owed $300 in monthly charges. When I called, the Telus agent was very rude, wouldn’t listen, constantly cut me off in the middle of my explanation, said there was nothing he could do and when I said I wasn’t going to pay for a service I cancelled and didn’t ever work in the first place he said ok then, "I’m sending your information to a collection agency". And now I’m out $300+ for an extremely unpleasant experience with Telus, a service I canceled and that never worked in the first place. I am extremely unimpressed by Telus and will be telling everyone NOT to use them as a provider for anything.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

So I order Fiber Optic internet service. The service is great and I can't complain too much about it, but what I can complain about is the absolute disarray the support staff are in at the call centers. I ordered the Fiber Optic internet a month ago and only a week later, I called to upgrade to their Business internet. They couldn't book a date for me until December 13 (three weeks later) and I was very patient for my service to be upgraded even though we needed it sooner than later. So, the 13th shows up and Telus is nowhere to be seen or heard from. I call Telus to find out what time they planned on coming. I reach the business department to only find out that nothing has been done. Nobody was able to find if or when someone was going to show up. I waited around the entire day for them and on top of that, I went through call transfer after call transfer and still nobody could figure out what was going on with my planned service upgrade.

I was literally transferred more than 8 times only to finally at the end, get hung up on because business hours ended! I spent over six entire hours trying to get it all sorted out and now have to waste another day to go through this same nonsense all over again. Internet service 9/10. Customer service 3/10. The customer service is very lacking and horrible. The call centers with employees you can't understand because their accents are so thick makes matters even worse. It's not their fault, but it's very hard to conduct business when you cannot properly understand the person speaking on the other end of the line.

I had problems with customer service many years ago before switching to a different ISP, but coming back after about fifteen years of absence, I have noticed customer service/support has become a heck of a lot worse. If not for the terrible customer service I would have voted five stars, but customer service should be just as good if not better than the communications services being delivered to the consumer.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

I've been with Telus for 15 to 20 years. They have fair treatment of customer and they never gouged. They even notified me if extraordinary usage. Customer service even if located offshore would take extra time to help with any problems and further asks if there is anything else I needed. As I frequent other countries they have plans that fit and always have consistent service either at their outlets or via calling. Excellent service.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2017

We have been with Telus for 6+ years, cell phones, internet and cable. We renewed our cell contract after talking to an agent about getting $100 off for us to renew. We paid for our new cell phones and upgraded our cell plan! We had to call again about the $100 off and they didn't put a note on the file, even though we had asked if she did, the new agent just said that there isn't a note on the file and he was rude! How about just give us the $100 off since we signed up for two more years for two cell phone plans and paid hundreds of dollars for our new phones and upgraded our cell plans to pay more monthly! Like seriously! They are a joke! Switching phone companies as soon as we can!!!

Original review: Nov. 25, 2017

Telus periodically sends me promotional mail (physical letters) to my home address. I did not subscribe or gave any permission to send me any garbage. I called twice their customer service, but they said they can't remove me from the mailing list because I don't have an account with them. Am I supposed to open an account now to make them stop? Where is the sense in this? Very annoying! Waste of time. Until they remove my information from their system and stop sending me crap, I'll make sure to spread the bad word about the company around, and you know, mouth to mouth is the best kind of advertisement. (It might seem that the issue is not that important, but I'm positive that if you don't speak up against this kind of treatment, these kind of practices will persist).

Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

I started getting calls from a collections agency claiming I owe Telus about $200 of unpaid bills from 2 YEARS AGO??? Now I called Telus to clarify the issue, and they're now sending me all my previous bills 2 years after I left. Why do this now and not before? They have my contact info and email so why not remind me if I did ever have an outstanding bill? This company will continuously add hidden fees and charges to every month’s bill and you'd have to call them to ask them where all these charges are coming from. Every penny counts, imagine just trying to rip off clueless customers. Let's say $5.00 every month on their bill and multiply that by 10,000 customer and that's an extra 50,000 of unexpected hidden fees they're not being honest about to their LOYAL CUSTOMERS. Never ever going back to this company again, so dishonest.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

Called to try to get a better deal on my plan as my bill is over 300$ every month! Spoke my concerns with an agent then was put on hold for over 30 min just to be told I have 2 options and both options were to have my bill at a higher price with a little bit more Data. They obviously do not care about their loyal customers, nor to compete with the competitor's price!

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

Tried to order the Mayweather PPV on a satellite dish with Telus as provider on an account me and my brother share. Long story short, was on phone for 1 hour 40 minutes, could not get the PPV at all. Told the Telus agent (from Guatemala - really?) that he better make sure it doesn't show up on the bill. He says "No problem... For sure you will not be billed. Don't worry." Of course it showed up on the bill. So calling them Nov 3/2017 to ask them to credit... Of course you have to navigate thru the usual BS before you can access an agent... Estimated wait time of over an hour it says. Really? What kinda joke is that? So here it is now at 1 hour 20 minutes and nothing... Just the music.

I have cancelled many accounts with Telus over the years and would with this one too but this is in a remote area where no other satellite providers are. Shaw right away gives you the option to enter your number and someone will call you back. Why can Telus not utilize something like this? This company is the worst ever. Can't imagine anyone would ever sign up with them.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

I have been making numerous (6) calls to try and speak with a Telus service representative to only be kept on hold for over one hour. On one occasion we were kept on hold for almost 2 hours waiting to speak to a service representative. A representative told us that Telus needs to hire more staff. It is inconceivable that customers must endure long deals when trying to resolve technical or billing issues. Their automated service is inconsistent and did not offer a callback option. We are fed up with Telus and can't believe that a company like Telus can get away with such poor service.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

Went into the Telus store in Kildonan place in Winnipeg Manitoba and set up a business plan. I was told I would be able to get the Essential Phone for free and they would update my account the next day without worry, but unfortunately now they have retracted that decision. Now they are telling me to pay 200 dollars for the device or cancel the plan and number that I have already set up and am using. It is very frustrating knowing everyone that has been involved and no one will own up to their mistake.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

I can't believe a big company like Telus could be so disorganized. I arranged installation of phone and internet at my office with a Telus Sales person. The work was scheduled for 27 Sept. It was a no show. When I called Telus, they couldn't find my file. So it was re-scheduled for 4 Oct. It was a no show again. But a Telus employee called in late afternoon of that date that they want to reschedule for some time in the next week. By this time I was totally fed up and asked them to cancel the whole thing.

Then on 10 Oct. we found out our original Primus phone line was not working. I did not cancelled our original phone line prior to that. It took an entire week to work this out between Primus and Telus, while we lost phone service for a whole week. What happened was Telus had grabbed our phone line without informing us. It sure looks like to me every Telus worker (most probably on contract) works on their individual laptop with no data sharing whatsoever. It is absurd a communication company could operate in this fashion!

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

Our landline was disturbed by a Telus technician at one of our neighbours' houses. The next neighbour and us ended up with lines crossed. We got their calls and they got ours for 4 days. Telus was called by the one neighbour and their lines were repaired. The technician disabled our lines and told us we had to make a separate service complaint. Now we have no service and you would not believe the unhelpful Telus people. The waits on the telephone from another location are hours long. We got through and were told we would be without service for days until another tech could be sent out. I asked about a service refund and was told I would have to line up in a new phone call to a different department. We will NOT be wanting any further dealings with a bunch of uncaring and incompetent persons at Telus.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

I switched from Rogers to Telus a few years back and now I find myself switching back to Rogers. Telus started off great when I was a student and they offered affordable deals. As a student I found myself keeping a close eye on my data usage and payment dates because I was afraid of going over my data and overall missing my payments.

When I renewed my plan 2 years ago I had recently gotten a great job, and just started saving up. The plan prices at that time were just going up and I thought, "Yeah you know it's fine. It's still affordable". Then slowly the customer service just started to diminish. I had a previous phone that I wanted to unlock and give to my grandfather and they wouldn't waive the fee. I wanted to increase my data by a GB so I wouldn't incur any additional fees, and they wouldn't honour it even though, oh I don't know, I had been with them for 8+ years. I would call and they would constantly tell me they couldn't help me. Terrible customer service. Yes, maybe they have procedures to follow and they really are unable to assist with certain things; it's not what you say it's how you say it. I always get off the phone angry and just hate calling them. As a customer you want to feel valued. If you want to feel valued - don't choose TELUS.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

I have attempted to call this company on a few occasions in a few different ways. 1866 number I was on hold for over an hour with no answer. Even though the voice prompt said 5-10 minute wait times (I have screenshots of this). I attempted with the call back feature on the app 3 weeks ago, still no call back. I have dialed *611 and waited over 2 hours on hold. This is the worst company for customer service and reception I have ever encountered. Ridiculous company. Disgusted.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

I've been with Telus for 3 and a half years now and this is the worst mobility in Canada. I have been getting extra chargers for things I did not use or do. I went to their branch at Square One - Mississauga and all the sales associate told me is that "He can't help me". I called their customer service and all that they said is that, "You have extra charges." I checked every phone number that was listed for extra charges. Some were numbers I did not have saved on my phone and some were just extra charges for things the sales associate assumed were "late charges". My plan is $45 calls and texting BUT NO DATA.

Last month it came up to $412 and I paid them because they started charging me extra ON TOP OF THE $412!!! This month I made sure to track all my phone calls. I made all my family call me instead of me calling them so I won't get the extra charges. I never use data but I had extra charges for DATA when it says on my phone that the usage is 0 bytes. It came up to $107 so I know there is something wrong with their services.

Avoid Telus at all costs. Go to Rogers or some other mobility that would actually charge you for what you ACTUALLY use/do. This is 100% an honest opinion from a student that has been worrying about their phone bill coming up to what is equivalent to one course at UofT. Mobility is supposed to be the easiest thing someone has to deal with, but this has been adding a lot of stress to me on top of my studies. I'm currently on the phone with their customer service and I've been on hold for over 25 mins. Is this really what you would like to spend your time doing? On the phone for 40 mins with customer service trying to resolve their mistake, then go ahead and be my guest. Sign up with Telus. I will make sure everyone knows this story because it has caused me so much unnecessary extra stress!!!

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

My spouse and I have been longterm Telus customers and we spend over $200 monthly in additional movie charges & UFC events. We have been loyal customers paying top dollar even though we know your competitors offer a significant cheaper rate. The past year as you can see on our customer file has been riddled with service interruption complaints due to faulty modems or service issues on your behalf. The last time we struggled to get a technician in to fix our service only to have him stand us up and do a no show and no phone call for our appointment after we sacrificed our hard earned work wages to make the appt happen.

We woke up this morning to find our TV internet signal not functioning on our devices. We called the IT dept and had over an hour conversation troubleshooting hardware device wires that we told them hasnt been touched or moved in our sleep. Although our cell phones show a network available for WiFi we cant get a signal strong enough to connect. Yesterday we noticed our Netflix was even cutting in and out due to signal performance. When we attempted to get the rep to book a service technician to fix the issue we were told the time available was 1 pm... even though we repeatedly said we are home from work in evenings after 5 pm during the week and unwilling to take time off work to meet.

I find it beyond ridiculous that I am paying a top dollar when I am not able to get service techs in to fix an incompetent device. Why are we paying top dollar to a company that cant offer competitive prices and services? The rep wanted to cut our monthly bill down and have someone at an inconvenient time next week to fix our issue. I am not waiting a week for service and having to take time off work to make it happen. We hired Telus to provide service and like we told the rep today we want our service fixed after 5 pm and to continue business as usual.

Having a professional service provided is more important than a cheaper rate. If I wanted a cheaper rate I'd go with Shaw. We were frustrated after a year long ongoing battle of insufficient service and were directed to your loyalty department. I understand this is the dept where Telus has one last chance to keep a customer. He also offered cheaper rate with same tech schedule in daytime availability. I said bottom line we want our service fixed within a reasonable few days after 5 pm when we are home.

This gentlemen spouted same stuff service rep before did. He offered a cheaper rate but said they could only come at 1 pm. Not what I asked for. It seems Telus no longer offers flexibility to customers for tech support for the working class and has disappointed us yet again. We called Shaw and were offered everything we needed at a cheaper rate including service techs in the area. In fact they have competitor package where they will call Telus to disconnect our service for us and any fees Telus would have charged will be taken care of at no extra cost to a new Shaw customer.

It is holiday Monday today so if I dont hear back from you guys in next day or so I will be giving Shaw a green light to activate service. We purchased many movies on your network but we will gladly call that a loss if the service reps and techs cant pick up their quality service. I'm saddened that a company that charges the most offers the least and cant keep loyal customers happy.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

Telus unknowingly charged me $35.00 for unlocking my phone. However they never notified me until I went to apply for a mortgage, a year later. They charged me interest on this $35 over the year and sent it to a collection agency. I asked for a copy of this statement that they supposedly sent out and they were unable to do this. Be warned when you close an account for these hidden additional fees. The 'customer service' person (Amanda) was nice, but incompetent and be prepared to wait over an hour to get help. Avoid the expense and headache, stay away from Telus.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

Everything works like it should. Pricing could be better on the data being supplied and on the phones, but other than that it is fine.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2017

I have a PBR, and 4 other boxes, also I have the Internet with them. My problem, the picture and the sound shutters in the tvs (3 of them. The only one it works not perfect but better is the one directly from the PBR. They send already 3 technicians and still I have the very same problem, I told them I'm pretty sure are the boxes problems (outdated. Once again I call today and I have an appointment for this coming Monday. I just don't know what else to do. This is in Red Deer, Alberta Canada.

Telus Company Information

www.telus.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use