1.23/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Last updated: April 21, 2018

259 Telus Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 21, 2018

So, I figured I would explore services with TELUS after being a loyal SHAW customer for the past 5 years. Recently, TELUS installed fiber in our townhouse complex; every unit got a master link in their suite. A couple weeks later, I had a salesperson from TELUS come to my door. Offered me a deal. The deal was: 2 years contract, $150 credit on the account, and a master card worth $300. The biggest concern that I had is where TELUS installed the fiber distribution in our suite. It was on the other end of the living room where our TV was; and then the computer was on the other end of the kitchen. It was roughly 15-200ft from the distribution box on either end.

Anyway, the sales rep from TELUS said, "That's no problem." That the technicians can run the cables. I told the sales rep that I want no cables running up and down my walls or ceilings unless they are hidden behind the walls like the regular cable hookups that SHAW has installed. The TELUS sales rep assured me that there won't be any cables run on the walls or ceilings. Thus, I signed and a date was scheduled for the tech to show up.

The day the tech shows up, he asks me why the distribution box was installed there and away from where my TV and computer are? I was dumbfounded and replied 'Well, your guys install it, why don't you ask them?' Then he says, "Well you will have to change everything to WiFi". I replied 'No I will not'. Then I replied to say 'I was told by the sales rep that under the agreement for taking on the TELUS contract for TV/Internet is that TELUS tech will run cables through the walls to my TV and then to the Computer which are on the same floor but about 15-20 ft away from the fiber distribution box where TELUS installed it.' The tech refused. Said that the only way he will connect me is if I allow him to run cables on my walls and along the ceiling. I refused as that was not the contract agreement discussed. So the tech says 'Well I guess I am done here because I can't wire you where the box was installed'.

Ok. First of all, it's not my fault where the distribution box was installed. TELUS techs came in and installed it. They picked the spot, I never told them to where to install it. I was actually puzzled why they would install it where it is as I am not about to move my furniture around. Needless to say, I ended up calling into TELUS via live chat and cancelling my contract. I then had to call SHAW to reverse my cancellation on my account. So lo and behold, still a SHAW customer... At least SHAW's techs actually know what they are doing and they do it well and fast...TELUS...not so much, they give up whenever faced with an obstacle. Seems like TELUS is hiring kids to do their installations when really what they need is ADULTS.

Original review: April 20, 2018

THE WORST COMPANY EVER. They must think that all their customers are idiots. Designed to take your money, designed not to let you leave their service. If they just gave an honest service for an honest dollar, they would not have to "train" the reps to be duplicitous, evasive, misinformative and liars. EMBARASSING that this is a Canadian company. They should be ashamed. My name is D. ** and I stand behind this review.

Get expert buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 19, 2018

Telus linked someone else's account to my accounts. When I called Telus to let them know they proceed to blame me. They didn't want to me to speak to a supervisor, and tried to brush it all off by saying it's ok now. Violated my privacy and worst customer service experience ever.

Original review: April 18, 2018

For few days I have problem with Telus e-mail. I try to access Telus webmail - no chance, only message I get is to call this number 1-888-811-2323. So I did. Without exception, the wait is around 45 minutes for an operator to come on the line. A most annoying recording comes on intermittently while you are waiting saying that THEY UNDERSTAND OUR TIME IS VALUABLE. What in blazes name do they mean by that?

Original review: April 11, 2018

Called not only twice but THREE times to get my prepaid Visa for signing up with Telus internet. They say there is NO record of me calling. LIES! Now I don't get a prepaid card, when I clicked on the appropriate link for receiving a prepaid Visa for signing up with Telus Wi-Fi! I have had to call at least three times to get my Wi-Fi back up and running. TERRIBLE SERVICE ALL AROUND!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Telus?

Original review: April 5, 2018

Just waited on the phone for 1:7 minutes, all the while listening to a recording from Telus telling me they knew I valued my time and then I had to talk to someone who did not understand English and I could only understand half of what he said. I asked a simple question like, what would it cost to give my husband a telephone number, we have a phone and add him to my plan. I had to wait another 5 minutes for him to come back to me and tell me he was getting ready to hook up. I said, "No, I want to know the cost..." Another 7 minutes for him to tell me 65.00. I said too much so he said he would hook me up to someone else... another recording telling me they know how valuable my time is... Finally after waiting a total of about 1:30 he came on and told me he could lower it to 50.00. So much for Telus. We will go to a company who really appreciates my time and business.

Original review: March 30, 2018

I signed up for Telus before Xmas 3 years ago. They sent me a tablet before I had services installed. Gave it to my nephew for Christmas as it was a Samsung which wasn't as good as my iPads. They came but couldn't install due to needing infrastructure upgrades. I was fine with waiting but they were taking me to collections every 3 months for not paying my bill, even though I still did not have ANY Telus services in my home. This happened for over a year. 2+ hours wasted on the phone each time trying to explain to them the issues. I asked if I could cancel and they wanted $850 for a $350 tablet!!!

Finally they sent a installer who again said he couldn't complete the install. He however left the phone line open in the ped outside. Fast forward to 3 am and I had a knock on the door, 3 cop cars out front. My Telus phone number (which I didn't even have yet because no services were ran into the home) was dialing 911 repeatedly. They forced their way in and walked through the home. Even though I didn't have a home phone. Next day I got a call at work from the police saying they were going to break my window at home to get in as the calls to 911 started again. Telus still wouldn't let me cancel. Finally got the services installed but they started my 2 year contract on the date of installation. Complete joke with terrible customer service. I got nothing for my problems other than an outdated tablet. Not even an apology. Thanks Telus!! What a joke.

Original review: March 26, 2018

A month ago I ordered service for my mom to be transferred (porting her number of 60 plus years) to her new address in a senior's home... 2 doors down from where she had it ported 6 months ago. I confirmed a week prior and on sat 24th, the tech showed up and stayed for 2 hours, and did nothing as it wasn't a 'fiber optic' line. So basically he chatted to an idiot who promised it would be done by the day's end. Of course it wasn't and after sitting there waiting for 2 hours we left. Her, 84 years old with no phone and me, wasted my time off. I was promised a call at 9am Sunday to confirm when it would be fixed. I called another Telus manager (Danny) who confirmed it may take 24 hours to change back to 'copper wires' but it would be done on the Sunday for sure and he would have someone call me Sunday as he was off but he would follow up on Monday.

I was told that because she was elderly and now without a phone, it was of utmost importance to be fixed. I missed the call on Sunday 11 ish but called back within one minute. Then I called an hour or so later again and left another message and again, no callback. I called Monday at 10:16 am only to be told that Danny was busy but would call back after he dealt with one customer. At 12:30 I called again and finally spoke to him. I heard while on hold there was a Wed apt for her (5 days, no phone, which is a lifeline for seniors) and it was between 8 and 9 am. No one asked how they were planning on informing her. No one checked to see if she had an appointment or what was good for her. No one has done anything. Danny rambled about how he has to talk to 2-3 different departments to coordinate this.

He said he would call my cell when it was figured but had no idea when that would be. Including which day. This is absolutely ridiculous!!!! My mom should not have to go without a phone for 5 days. Telus should be able to determine how to solve this stupid screw up on their part. I am furious and no one seems to give a rat's **. I have heard about 50 times from the various people "I understand how you feel" when NO they do not know how I feel at all!!!

Original review: March 22, 2018

An unfortunate customer who had used the Telus Mobility service just for 14 days and very shocked to see the bill. So expensive compared to other providers and the worst deal. I am so glad that I switched to another provider and will be never back to Telus Mobility.

Original review: March 21, 2018

Called to cancel my subscription for advertising. Conveniently they have a long cycle between when you can cancel and when the subscription comes out. Long story short, they sucked $400 out of me because of the cycle. NEVER go with Telus for anything! Phone, internet, tv... all they are looking at is trying to get as much $$ out of you as they can, they don't care you have been with them for 35 years. Sad...

Original review: March 17, 2018

I was trying to place an new customer order for the whole bundle of services from Telus. I am calling Canada from the UK and have now been sitting in a call centre queue for 16 minutes. The system just says we are dealing with a lot of calls. No idea of where I am in the queue or how long I will have to wait. In typing this it has now been over 20 minutes. I cannot believe the poor level of service and now getting second thoughts unless I get some feedback from them then I will place my order elsewhere.

Original review: March 6, 2018

I've been with a previous service provider for years. I switched for the TV deal. In the first six months with Telus we fried 2 PVR's and 1 modem. Every time required me to be at home to get them to replace it. I also have documented 7 call in's and 3 chat logs with them. They wasted hours of my time troubleshooting equipment. The software in their new PVR is crap - gets stuck/hung up switching between Netflix and regular content, etc. When I do get customer service on the phone it's only after being on hold 20-40 minutes. I've tried calling at 8 AM on a Tuesday, 2 PM on a Wednesday, 6:30 PM on a Friday. It really doesn't matter. I had 11 guests over and we even missed the first quarter of the Grey Cup for their horrible troubleshooting rigamarole.

I switched back to my previous provider and have only had troubleshooting problems once in the first three months since coming back - and I was speaking to a person after 3 minutes on the phone at 7PM on a weekday. Equipment failures happen - with Telus they can happen A LOT. Customer service to overcome it was ridiculous though. After cancelling I got an email saying my final payment will be taken from my VISA - $520 plus change. I wasn't behind in payments - this is what I owe from the TV deal for breaking contract early. But they won't send me a paper bill and they deactivated my online account as soon as I canceled service - so I can't see what I am supposed to be paying for. I just want to do my diligence.

Deactivated my account in early February and after online chatting twice and call in once to request the deactivation and then twice more for a copy of my bill they explained they can't email it to me (the call service rep is not 'authorized' to do that). I told them send me a paper bill. They told me it's an extra $3 for the extra bill. Since I have yet to receive the electronic one promised I am not going to be including any $3 extra into my final payment to them. To cap it off I also won't be paying the interest that I am sure they are starting to expect - because I still haven't gotten an invoice. Frustrating experience. I'm an idiot if I ever go back to them again. The only good part - they don't manufacture TV's. They don't even deliver it - I picked it up myself. It's the only thing I got from them that I am happy with. And the free shipping was not to my door but 20 minutes across the city. Oh well. Fools me once - shame on you. Fool me twice - shame on me.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2018

Dec 15, 2017 submitted iPhone 8 Plus for a repair. Apple Care receives phone - with no instructions and Apple returns phone with no repair performed at the beginning of Jan 2018. The phone does not work and the local Telus store re-sends the iPhone 8 Plus back to Apple. We try to contact the store several times and the reply is - I've contacted my Apple rep and she is trying to solve the issue. Feb. 23, 2018 - I call the store again and the Telus mobility rep states - she just emailed Apple the day before. She has neglected to call back earlier in the week as she promised and return another call.

Feb. 24th, 2018 - I call Apple Care directly and they find that Apple has shipped the iPhone to Telus on Jan 13, 2018 and that Telus has the iPhone. The Telus rep. (not the store in Terrace), whom Apple contacted, says that Telus will ship the iPhone 8 back to Apple on Monday Feb. 26th for a repair now that they have all of the information! I cannot believe how inept this local store is. I am regretting my switch from Bell Mobility to Telus mobility in Sept. 2017.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

I have complained on many occasions that Telus usage counting often shows higher usage than my actual usage. Also speeds rarely come close to what they advertise when I download something. When I complain they offer more expensive upgrades. If they provided what they promised no upgrade would be required.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

Telus suspended my service when I went to Cuba on the basis of "suspicious roaming", sent me a text saying to call this number to reconnect and verify it was me. Of course I couldn't phone on my phone because they disconnected me. Had to borrow someone elses phone to call them and was told by a rude, not very helpful woman that I needed to supply two pieces of government ID via fax if my account was to be reconnected. I explained that I was in Cuba with limited internet service and no access to a fax machine, she was very unsympathetic to my situation, being without service in a foreign country, unable to contact any of my family or make arrangements for being picked up at the airport or anything.

She said my service would still be disconnected when I got back to Canada until I provided the pieces of ID. AND THEN after I get off the phone with her I receive an email saying "sorry to see you go" letting me know that apparently I had canceled my service altogether and the last day of my service would be Feb. 11th. Which I did not do, I never told anyone to cancel my service completely, although now I wish I did. Once I get back to Canada I go to the Telus store, the man helping me didn't even really know what to do as he said he had never seen anything like this happen in the 7 years he was with Telus.

I had brought all my ID with me this time, hoping they would be able to have it and reconnect me. Not the case. I brought my passport, health card, driver's license and SIN card and these were all insufficient pieces of ID. They then informed me I would have to come back with either a paper bill mailed to my address or a bank statement. THESE ARE NOT PIECES OF GOVERNMENT ID which I was told to supply.

The man there faxed in my health card along with my driver's license on the off chance that they would accept that. They did not. I waited a few more days for them to contact me which they did not so I emailed the escalated customer issue email address and was told the same thing that they would only accept my driver's and either a bill or a pay stub or bank statement. They told me to email in these and gave me an email address to mail these too which I did. Fast forward more than a week and still have heard nothing back from them.

I'm extremely disappointed in Telus with the poor service and making it literally impossible for me to get my service back. When they cut off my service I had also just handed out multiple resumes with that number as my contact info so everyone I handed a resume off to has been unable to contact me. Thanks Telus. So far as I know I am paying for a service that I am unable to use.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2018

One year ago I switched from Rogers wireless business to TELUS wireless business and that was the biggest mistake ever. I ordered 3 iPhones and it took them 10 days before I call and the customer representative confirmed that it was shipped already and I should be receiving them Friday the latest. I didn't receive anything till Monday so I called on Monday (which makes is 2 weeks since ordered the iPhones) and the rep told me that it's unavailable that's why nothing is shipping!!! I asked her why the previous rep told me that it was shipped and she replied by that it was misinformation!!!

The customer representative deceived me first of all by saying that the plan has caller id and I asked him that if that has the call display for numbers which is not on the contact list and he confirmed yes. This turned to be a lie and that he was just trying to sell a feature that the company even don't have!!! This happened again when I was travelling to USA and discovered that they don't have the Roam Like Home like Rogers and Bell and they have something else called travel passport which is so bad even for any customer and so expensive and you don't get any enough minutes or data. Of course when I was initially doing the deal the same rep told me that they have the Roam Like Home and that was a lie as usual!!!

The customer service is so bad to the extent that every time you call them they can't address your concerns, and once I spoke to the manager and she advised me choose French rather than English so I can get an agent from Canada not offshore and then I can speak English with the agent!!! So annoying. Eventually when I was cancelling the contract after only 1 year, I was told by the agent that the penalty was $990 and then I asked him if that includes taxes or not. He confirmed that taxes were added to the amount and the only left balance including tax is $990...and I don't need to say that it was a lie and that this amount you have to add taxes and I had to pay $1160!!!

When I called to address this matter they told me that they will listen to the call. I gave them the ref. number and the agent name and date and time of the call. After 1 week they called to say that the call was not recorded for a reason and that they will just give $50 credit to help me. What kind of provider is that!!! Every time any mistake happens they say human error but the company never stands behind its employees' mistakes and the customer always pay for the unprofessional agents and all this lies and misinformation!!! Even when I cancelled they sent an email to provide my feedback, I gave them the worst feedback ever and even no one replied or called me!!! Stay away from this company as they are so unprofessional and not worthy of having your business and they just DECEIVE you to get your money.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

Furious with Telus. They weaned me from my previous cell phone provider with a free Samung 8 and verified several times I would pay the same as my previous plan incl taxes. Received a bill for twice that amount and when complained they reviewed the taped conversation with the sales associate. They acknowledged he had made a mistake and should not have offered me such a cheap price but refuse to honour the agreement. Now have to send phone back, try and get old plan back, and change all my information back to old phone which had been wiped! Also out another $25 for the new cell case I had to buy. Disgusting customer service!!!

Original review: Jan. 13, 2018

5 years with Telus. I was on a fixed plan for the last year, this last bill was almost double. I called them, only to waste my time, they are trying to tell me my promotions are over. I have the emails confirming my deal with them and they say they don't do those deals anymore? This makes no sense? Telus has lost yet another customer due to stupidity! Called Shaw today, will be changing services.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2018

Signed a 3 yr contract with fixed price, every few months my service price increased slightly till it doubled! This is always the case with Telus. Cancelled my services, 4 hours on the phone, they sent me a bill of arrears $449! This is to return the modem and equipment they installed. Another phone call, 7 hours long and me telling Telus the process, they send me out the boxes to ship the electronic goods in at a post office. Post office tells me to keep the receipt as Telus frequently denies receiving the goods and wants to charge the customer the $449 or destroy the customer's credit score! It’s a corrupt organization that requires government to look into the over pricing, price creep breach if contracts and false charges destroying people’s ability to establish credit financing.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

Prepaid and added credit card for automatic top up. I am a senior and on pay as you go. I bought a new cell phone from Walmart. They could not get through to Telus after a 1 hour wait. I said I would try from home. After an hour of waiting I got through to an overseas operator which I could not understand what she was saying. I asked if she could switch to English. I was able to gather that she said she was talking in English. I was unable to talk with her and discontinued the call. I have tried different ways to get service on my new phone which I was told was a simple matter of changing sim cards. I am looking for another provider that does pay as you go. I will be cancelling Telus. I will probably be out the $20.00 of prepayment and the $125 I paid for the new phone. I not likely will be able to cancel the $10 per month of automatic withdrawal but I can live with that, small price to pay to learn not to deal with Telus.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

Do not use this company for home services. I have been a customer for over 5 years. I have never been so upset by a customer experience. I have had to spend over 8 hours on hold/on the phone trying to get a simple thing accomplished. I have been trying to move my services since Dec 26th. I have had nothing but problems and dealt with extremely unprofessional staff. They do not call back when they say they will. They do not care and do not take responsibility. On Dec 26 I arrange to have services end at one address and start at another only to be told it couldn't be completed and that a linesman would have to come in a few days. The tech did not cancel the cancellation request at our previous address and they could not fix it. We were without services for 3 days. I was told by a loyalty team member that he would take this over and get us hooked up ASAP. He said he would call me back. He never did.

I spoke to a manager on Saturday and told them that Dec 31 was the last time we could be in our old place. I begged them to give us a resolution and get a linesman out. I confirmed with Natalie, the manager that I spoke to that she would call me back. She said yes in no more than a couple hours. Again I was never called back. Called again and spoke to another extremely rude manager named Hermanas who told me Jan 3rd was the soonest a lines truck could come by. And that he would not book an appointment until they came. This left my mom without service AGAIN for at least 4 days. Or so we thought. More back and forth later. The linesman comes and I make an appointment for today between 11-1 and I am unhappy but expect it all to be over soon. Today the tech never showed up and never called. My mom called in at 1 and spoke to someone who said the tech is running behind and will call her soon. She never received a call.

I call in tonight and talk to another manager. He does not take responsibility, he instead tells me that an appointment was never set up and the soonest appointment available appointment is Monday, Jan 8th. That is 9 days with NO service. This is not acceptable. And whats worse is that no one seems to care to fix the situation or make it right. I have never dealt with such an unprofessional and terrible company. And for anyone who took the time to read this to the end, this is the SHORT version. This doesnt include all the time spent on hold, or being put on hold for the rep to never come back on the line. Or being sent a incorrectly priced contract. Or having incorrect pricing set up.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

I have had several occasions to have to speak with Telus. Without exception, the wait is around 30 or more minutes for an operator to come on the line. A most annoying recording comes on intermittently while you are waiting saying that THEY UNDERSTAND OUR TIME IS VALUABLE. What in blazes name do they mean by that?

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

I called Telus customer service about 11 am Mountain Time on December 27, 2017. After one hour and 5 minutes I am still on hold. What is going on? You would think a supervisor would take some calls to cut wait time... 2 minutes should be the maximum wait time for a call centre. Telus should reimburse customers $1 for every minute beyond that.

Updated on 12/27/17: On hold - two hours - Telus Call Centre. This is a follow-up regarding Telus Canada. They provide cell and cable service. On December 27, 2017, I called at around 11:00 am Mountain Time to solve a simple account issue. I have two Telus accounts--one for cellphone, one for cable TV. I made a payment to the wrong account. Payment on the correct account was due soon. I ended up on perpetual hold. I finally got a clerk at 12:14 pm MT. I asked to be transferred to a supervisor to complain about the long wait. I wanted compensation for the delay.

12:19 pm agent transferred by putting me on hold for supervisor. 12:29 pm same agent apologized for delay, no reply from supervisor, put me back on hold. 12:35 pm same agent apologized again for delay, no reply from supervisor, put me back on hold. 12:39 pm same agent tried to transfer me to Client Resolution Management Centre (a fancy name for Customer Service). 12:46 pm same agent apologized again that he could not reach Resolution Centre. I again asked for a supervisor. Agent said all supervisors were in a meeting. It was 2:49 pm (Philippines time)! Agent said that to contact a supervisor he has to fill out an online form, email it to supervisor and wait for a reply. Apparently supervisors did not respond to his online form. Agent said a co-worker told him supervisors were in meeting.

I told agent that it is not likely that all supervisors would be in a meeting at peak hours especially with thousands of calls backed up. If they did, Telus needs to get rid of them and hire new supervisors. 12:54 pm same agent again apologized, no response, he put me back on hold for Resolutions Centre. 1:00 pm a clerk in Resolutions finally answered. At my request, he explained that Telus was scrambling to match a competitor's cell phone offer of 10 Gigabytes for $60. As a result, it appears thousands of Telus customers dumped Telus service and switched to the competitor. In a desperate attempt to stop losing customers, Telus tried to match the offer. Consequently that resulted in thousands of calls, apparently from existing Telus customers who wanted the promo. Calls got backed up from the promo which was advertised Dec 16 to Dec 19. And they are still backed up as of December 27--at least that is according to the Resolutions agent.

Therefore, when ordinary customers like me called in with a simple question about my cellphone account, I had to wait two hours to get an agent. It should not take any more than 30 seconds to reach an agent and holds should never be more than 2 minutes. Telus knows this. My initial problem was that I paid $46.14 as my monthly payment on my cellphone account. But I later realized that I had made payment in error on my cable TV account. I needed to transfer the $46.14 from my cable account to my cellphone account. And I cannot do that online. I had no choice but to call.

The Resolutions clerk said I could have used chat, but as a baby boomer, I hate chat. I hate scrambling to try to type out a conversation. It just feels so impersonal and annoying. Some agents seem to be answering several chats at once, leaving you hanging with long gaps in the conversation as you wait for them to reply. Some of them seem like they will answer the chat when they are good and ready. To be fair, the Client Resolutions Management Centre (CMRC) clerk was professional and thorough in his explanations. It appears that it was management that screwed up because they were the ones who created the promo to beat the competition knowing full well that they would be inundated with calls at a time when they are already overwhelmed with customers who got new cellphones for Christmas.

I used to work in a call centre for Bell Canada and I learned that all customer service calls are tracked as to when the calls was made, how long the caller waited on hold, how many callers hung up, how long the agent was on the phone with the caller, etc. The Bell Call Centre had stats for every day of the year. So the call centre could predict how many calls they were going to get, by just going back one year and looking at call stats for that day in the previous year. Consequently they can pretty well predict how many workers are needed on any given day in the present year.

But in this case, Telus screwed up. In my opinion, panicked Telus shareholders were most likely calling management to tell them that the competitor had a fantastic deal and that Telus was going to lose lots of customers. Which it did. If management was on the ball, they could have called in extra staff BEFORE announcing the Telus promo. In short, they knew many Telus callers were going to be frustrated with long waits on the phone, and it appears they really didn't care. As long as profits are up and shareholders are happy, let the customers be damned. I asked the CMRC agent if he could offer any goodwill for the two hour wait that was inflicted on me just to get my simple account issue rectified. He said he would credit my account with $15.00--I would have preferred $50--I took his offer and thanked him for his help. He was an excellent agent to deal with. End of story.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

In the process of upgrading my phone at the Telus store in the Willowbrook Mall in Langley, B.C., I created a very complicated problem that I had caused for myself. I went into the Telus store very worried that I had painted myself into an uncomfortable corner. The rep I approached was Neena, who greeted me with a big smile and a calm voice. After my disjointed explanation of what I had done Neena put her thinking cap on and in time was able to get everything sorted out. Without Neena's expert help I would be a very sad fellow. Neena was stellar in her efforts to help me get the phone I wanted at the time I needed it. I can't say enough how professional Neena was in providing me with the very best customer service I have ever had. She is my hero!!

Original review: Dec. 15, 2017

Apparently I am not the only one. I had the ISP changed from Telus to Shaw. Shaw sent in the cancellation notice for Dec 15th. On December 14th at 5 pm, our service was cut - no more debit-credit card transactions, no PO system, no music... etc. I was only made aware of the situation at 8 pm in which I promptly phone support. I was told that it was after hours for that team that I needed. We only resumed internet access next day when Shaw completed the setup. I had phoned Telus at 8 am (earliest time that they were available) to see if they could restore for the next few hours. They said they had reinstalled the account but it did not work. Furthermore, Telus blamed Shaw of course but after speaking to several Shaw reps, there was no record of Shaw requesting disconnect on the 14th. I no longer trust Telus so if you switch, issue the cancellation yourself (don't let the new ISP do it) and give yourself a few days' leeway.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

Cancelled a service that never worked in the first place, then received a bill in the mail (3 months after I canceled) saying owed $300 in monthly charges. When I called, the Telus agent was very rude, wouldn’t listen, constantly cut me off in the middle of my explanation, said there was nothing he could do and when I said I wasn’t going to pay for a service I cancelled and didn’t ever work in the first place he said ok then, "I’m sending your information to a collection agency". And now I’m out $300+ for an extremely unpleasant experience with Telus, a service I canceled and that never worked in the first place. I am extremely unimpressed by Telus and will be telling everyone NOT to use them as a provider for anything.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

So I order Fiber Optic internet service. The service is great and I can't complain too much about it, but what I can complain about is the absolute disarray the support staff are in at the call centers. I ordered the Fiber Optic internet a month ago and only a week later, I called to upgrade to their Business internet. They couldn't book a date for me until December 13 (three weeks later) and I was very patient for my service to be upgraded even though we needed it sooner than later. So, the 13th shows up and Telus is nowhere to be seen or heard from. I call Telus to find out what time they planned on coming. I reach the business department to only find out that nothing has been done. Nobody was able to find if or when someone was going to show up. I waited around the entire day for them and on top of that, I went through call transfer after call transfer and still nobody could figure out what was going on with my planned service upgrade.

I was literally transferred more than 8 times only to finally at the end, get hung up on because business hours ended! I spent over six entire hours trying to get it all sorted out and now have to waste another day to go through this same nonsense all over again. Internet service 9/10. Customer service 3/10. The customer service is very lacking and horrible. The call centers with employees you can't understand because their accents are so thick makes matters even worse. It's not their fault, but it's very hard to conduct business when you cannot properly understand the person speaking on the other end of the line.

I had problems with customer service many years ago before switching to a different ISP, but coming back after about fifteen years of absence, I have noticed customer service/support has become a heck of a lot worse. If not for the terrible customer service I would have voted five stars, but customer service should be just as good if not better than the communications services being delivered to the consumer.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

I've been with Telus for 15 to 20 years. They have fair treatment of customer and they never gouged. They even notified me if extraordinary usage. Customer service even if located offshore would take extra time to help with any problems and further asks if there is anything else I needed. As I frequent other countries they have plans that fit and always have consistent service either at their outlets or via calling. Excellent service.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2017

We have been with Telus for 6+ years, cell phones, internet and cable. We renewed our cell contract after talking to an agent about getting $100 off for us to renew. We paid for our new cell phones and upgraded our cell plan! We had to call again about the $100 off and they didn't put a note on the file, even though we had asked if she did, the new agent just said that there isn't a note on the file and he was rude! How about just give us the $100 off since we signed up for two more years for two cell phone plans and paid hundreds of dollars for our new phones and upgraded our cell plans to pay more monthly! Like seriously! They are a joke! Switching phone companies as soon as we can!!!

Original review: Nov. 25, 2017

Telus periodically sends me promotional mail (physical letters) to my home address. I did not subscribe or gave any permission to send me any garbage. I called twice their customer service, but they said they can't remove me from the mailing list because I don't have an account with them. Am I supposed to open an account now to make them stop? Where is the sense in this? Very annoying! Waste of time. Until they remove my information from their system and stop sending me crap, I'll make sure to spread the bad word about the company around, and you know, mouth to mouth is the best kind of advertisement. (It might seem that the issue is not that important, but I'm positive that if you don't speak up against this kind of treatment, these kind of practices will persist).

Telus Company Information