1.24/5
Based on 70 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

279 Telus Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

When we first got this internet we were under the impression that we would be given a big discount as per the agreement with the landlord. After a few months we called in and were told there was a mistake and that we would now be given that discount. We then paid $10 a month instead of the $0 a month promise. After this deal was up they charged us a whopping $85 a month. We are 2 people who need about 5 eps each. We are fed up and feel scammed.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

Never go with Telus services. Telus always mails separate billing statements for phones, fax and internet so the customer is not aware of how much they are paying in total for the month. Even after numerous requests, Telus did not combine the bills. Moreover, dissatisfied with their billing services, I moved my phones, fax and internet with Shaw. They are still charging me for the cancelled services. I have been charged for the services for Telus and Shaw for 3 months. It's disgusting that Telus did not port all our services to Shaw.

Get expert buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 28, 2018

I hire the wireless service for my new place, I am already a mobile phone customer, and when the technician came and installed the service he told me I was on a two-year contract which I specifically said I didn't want to as I am moving out of the country. Now I am trying to cancel the service and the wait is longer than an hour. Deceiving customer service.

Original review: July 22, 2018

Telus is a big liar or some sort of dishonor company. They sent me an email to confirm the installation date and time, one of their agent even phone me a day earlier to reconfirm the service's schedule. I have had waited at home past the schedule time and no one show up. I phoned the service centre and being told they are unable to come for the installation. It is unacceptable excuse, they had sent me confirmation by email and follow up with a phone called prior the day of the services. They are very unprofessional and put me on hold for 45 mins until I hang up the calls. If anyone read this message needs to think seriously which services provider to be your next pick.

Original review: July 18, 2018

15 min on hold earlier and now over 10 - ** music, thanks not so much!!! And nobody answers the ** phone! HATE YOU AND WILL CHANGE IMMEDIATELY TO SOMEONE ELSE!!! Why has my television signal been lost? I have turned my Telus box off three times and still no service!!! Why does nobody answer? How long does a person have to ** wait??? YOU'RE A BUNCH OF ** CROOKS!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Telus?

Original review: July 11, 2018

I have been a loyal TELUS customer for many years until 2017 when I switched our cell service to another telco. I dropped internet years ago when their service attracted lots of junk mail the minute we switched over and their solution was to sell us a filter versus change the email address as requested. We switched to another service provider. Now home service costs us a lot per month and I see no need to continue this. Their service is poor. Voicemail and no response is their answer yet other companies can handle this.

In 2018 we found out that TELUS without any communication wants to install a large fiber optic cable output box on city property across from heritage homes and 20 feet from the main entrance to our neighbor. This will certainly reduce resale value. There back alleys and a city park that could handle this but they do not care. I care for my community and we will soon not be a customer anymore unless something changes. TELL US Y is all I can say.

Original review: June 30, 2018

Telus is a company that started as a phone provider. There is a multitude of agents to sell you their services. When you require customer service or changes to your accounts you can ONLY contact them by phone. However the waits times can exceed an hour and then they want to sell you more.

Original review: June 28, 2018

They do not answer phones, which is only way to contact them. Repeated numerous attempts for long, long periods on hold. They do not advise durations of hold times, nor do they offer to call back. Their stores will not accept cancellations of service. There is no address to email to or write to on their billings, nor online. Their apparent objective is to not enable customers to make contact except to sell new service. They have a virtual Monopoly. I wish to cancel my service and warn any other person considering their service to be very caveat emptor (buyer beware). A disgusting, worst example of corporate malfeasance.

Original review: June 27, 2018

I renewed my contract with Telus this year and bought a brand new iPhone X. I was very specific in my requests for my plan as well as to have AppleCare in order to protect myself from costly repairs. I renewed my contract thinking I had AppleCare on my new phone, and later after my phone was damaged and I went to get it repaired found out that I did not have what I asked. I have an email that shows the there was supposed to be a monthly AppleCare charge but because there's no amount per month on there they said I actually didn't take it. If they have the phone conversation recorded they would definitely know that I said I wanted that AppleCare. People don't generally want to spend 800$ out of pocket for a phone and not buy the protection plan for the phone.

I clearly told them I wanted it and now they have left me with nothing but a broken phone that I have to pay full value to replace. When I called into them they were much more concerned of proving how wrong I am and that I actually declined the AppleCare which is absolutely not true. I have been a customer of Telus for 10 years and this was not the first time they have caused me grief with their terrible lack of customer service. I also hold several business lines with them as well for cellular modems and they constantly make mistakes on the billing resulting in hours of phone calls to get it fixed. I'm completely dissatisfied with this company and this is the final straw for me!

Original review: June 26, 2018

I've been slowly taking our payments off "auto pay", and if you specifically have TELUS as an auto pay, I highly suggest you take it off. They owe us $800 from April, when they took $800 from our bank account. They wrongly charged us even though we saw it coming and called repeatedly to ask them to not charge our bank account. The mistake was 100% their fault and they own up to it every time. In fact we were so proactive that we were talking to them about the issue 2 billing cycles (so FEBRUARY) ahead of time to prevent this from happening. I've spoken to them over 12 times through chat and calls and even Twitter, and NOTHING has gotten down.

They repeatedly say the refund is being processed, and the next time I follow up, nothing has been done. ie: The last 4 calls I've made they've either said the money will go back into our account, the next time the cheque would be written, and this time, do I want a cheque or an EFT? Every single call has been full of promises, apologies and solutions that never turn into anything. We already canceled one account with them and it's likely I'll cancel this one as well. Just a heads up to anyone (who like myself), thought that if you were ever mischarged, it would be a quick fix, because it's not. Seriously. Shut off your auto-pay.

Original review: June 25, 2018

I have been a customer for over 5 years, having completed a 3 year contract with this cell phone provider before remaining on the same plan after contract. I have generally been a good customer and pay my bills on time. Last summer there was a mix up on my account due to me moving to new locations (time zones) with my employer, so my bill was unusually high. I called in but they wouldn't adjust the bill much, and I had to pay them the owing balance over two months. I found out nearly a year later that Telus decided to report me to Equifax for late bill payments. I contacted customer service for Telus, and was told they wouldn't remove the negative credit reference under my name.

I am so impressed with them that I am writing this review, and plan to tell as many people as possible about this. My credit history is damaged for years over a payment issue. Last month I was $3 overpaid on my account, and I am far from a bad customer or someone who doesn't pay their bills. I will be ending all business with them shortly. Very disappointed in Telus.

Original review: June 20, 2018

I received a telephone call a couple of weeks ago from a Telus representative asking me if I wanted a free tablet... Turns out the tablet is not free unless I sign a 2 yr contract for ten dollars more than what I am paying now on my no contract plan... Just received my cell phone bill. It's $30 dollars higher because of data... even though I only use it at home, work or my car where I have wifi access. They pretty much told me to suck it up or get a different plan. I will be looking at other options than TELUS Mobility.

Original review: June 12, 2018

In APRIL I trying TELUS -cell provider but this company is very expensive so after 7 days I decide cancel this services. I pay them everything. About June 11- 2018 somebody call me (men have very bad accent and I not understand him) and say that I am owe money for TELUS. I tell him, "If you work for TELUS customer services first learn English because I am not understand what are talking about." Next day I call TELUS customer services and ask what happen and why this company want charge me any money if I cancel this services almost 2 month ago, so lady (she speak very well English) say because I used phone for one and half week !!!! That way I owe him $39?

Original review: June 7, 2018

I have been with Telus for over 15 years, my contract was up and I wanted to see if they could match Fido with their rate plans. Basically when I went into the store and told the representative what Fido was offering me he pretty much told me I should go with Fido because Telus could not match that. I decided to call Telus and take it upon myself to talk to customer relations, I was told the exact same thing. I should take the Fido offer. They were not willing to do anything for me especially me being a loyal customer for so long I was shocked.

I guess this is what Telus calls customer service. I would have thought me being with them for so long they would be willing to work with me but I guess it is time to leave. Telus was very customer-related in the beginning but now they have definitely lost their way. If you are a long-time customer don't even bother trying to work something out with them because they won't help you. The tone of voice pretty much sounded like if you want to leave leave. Why should I have to upgrade to a plan that's $30 more a month just to get a new phone. It's ridiculous.

Original review: May 30, 2018

I received 6 phone calls from Telus asking if I want a cell phone at $0 on a 2 year plan. Finally I agreed because my son needed a new phone. We were currently with Rogers and we were fairly happy with their service. My son's phone was cracked and I couldn't afford to get the phone fixed or buy a new phone so I said yes to Telus after the pressure as they kept calling. I got the new account set up around May 23, 2018. However a week later I noticed $43 in data charges. Makes no sense because I have unlimited data with Telus already and use Wi-Fi and the data on my son's new phone (Lg X Power 2) had been turned off the day we received it in the mail.

I looked on the online account and there is another button you have to switch to off the turn data off? I turned it off and called Telus Mobility once again. They said it's a $2 charge to switch the button to off meanwhile I had turned it off myself? After awhile Telus agreed to put the no date charge at $0 and credit me back the $43 for the data. Overages Show menu Page Total 161.14 MB. I did look online and data goes in the GB. I was being charged more for mere MB?? I was very unhappy to say the least.

Original review: May 27, 2018

I have to say how disappointing experience I had and still having with Telus. I went to one of their local stores in Highstreet Mall, Abbotsford for getting an internet connection back in March. I got a deal of $49/month + $100 credit from a girl named Marina working there. Has been 3 months now since I am using Telus Internet and neither of the promised deals has been offered so far. I am getting $70 bill each month. Went to their store thrice to have it rectified, waited there for 30-45 minutes each time and each time I was told it will be all taken care of the next bill run; to which I asked them to send me a confirmation email as a proof that my concerns have been rectified but they didn't do that.

I also called their customer service center and waited for 1.5 hour listening their recording that they value their customers (A TOTAL LIE). They told the loyalty department will give me a call which I am still waiting for. Still my account is just showing that I owe them $70 for the monthly bill and no credits. It is not going anywhere. I went with Telus in the first place because the deal they offered was within my budget but each month I got bill more than promised deal. Really frustrated by the service and behavior. All I can say is "STAY AWAY! DON'T GIVE YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY TO TELUS".

Original review: May 19, 2018

I signed up for Telus as a student, and I thought it was a pretty good deal. During my time with Telus, I had tons of connectivity issues. So I called them and they told me that they would send me a new router to deal with the issues. Once I got the new equipment, the issues got worse. When I called, they told me that maybe too many people have been trying to use the internet. Since my roommates and I shared the internet, I thought it was an okay explanation so I upgraded the plan, which bumped up our bill pretty high.

However, there was no change in the connection and I got tons of complaints that the internet was still on and off, and quite glitchy. After several phone calls, they investigated and realized that they’d sent me the wrong modem/router. Once they sent me a new one, the connectivity issues were mostly gone. However, I feel it’s extremely unfair that 8 out of the 12 months of my experience as their customer was horrible because they made a mistake and then didn’t correct it promptly. Once I was moving out, I asked to cancel my services and they assured me there’s be no cancellation fees. I sent their equipment back the same day as the cancellation date, and they had told me that as long as I return everything on time, I shouldn’t be charged any extra fees.

About a month since the cancellation date, I noticed a charge on my credit card. They apparently charged me $120 something because I didn’t return the equipment. Luckily, I’d kept all my receipts from Canada Post and I’d taken pictures of the return slips, so I talked to the agent and gave her all the information. She told me she would confirm and refund the money. I called again a month later because I didn’t get any of my money back. The agent told me that they’d failed to input the return, and that was the reason for the charges on my account. He told me that he’s corrected the issue and I should get my money in the next 10 business days.

A month after this interaction, I called Telus again to inquire about my check and the agent told me that it was sitting as a credit on my Telus account. Now, after waiting for 3 months, my patience was truly being tested. I asked him how this made any sense to him or anyone at Telus as I am no longer a customer! I told him that I was assured I would get a check. The customer service rep actually yelled at me and told me that it’s not his problem. He finally confirmed my new address, and I got the check 5 months after my cancellation date. A lot of these issues would have been cleared if the people at Telus cared about giving their customers good service. I mean for $80+ a month with crappy internet, that’s the least they can do. I would never recommend Telus to anyone!

Original review: May 13, 2018

In my area we have two choices - Shaw or Telus. After many years of dealing with constant price increases and poor service from Shaw, we moved over to Telus and have been mainly happy with their service, signal quality and customer support. Our main complaint, which would apply to any provider is the quality of programming on almost all of the channels. I have no interest in watching endless "hillbilly reality" programs, which seem to be the standard fare on everything from the History Channel to the Home and Garden channel. I realize these shows are cheap to make as they have no high paid stars, but they are terrible.

Original review: May 11, 2018

I had my IPAD stolen, and I reported it. Next month when my bill came in I realized the IPAD was used to make LOCAL phone calls, and because I had no plan the charges came up to $700. I have called explaining, and a reasonable solution would be to upgrade the plan to minutes and have me cover the plan. Well not so fast, these guys offered 35% discount on the full amount! Those are local minutes, meaning it costs Telus less than a dollar to provide the service. So I now need to pay nearly 500 because I had the IPAD stolen. By doing it Telus is actually breaking the law.

Original review: May 11, 2018

After I reported my (already paid for non-contract) phone as stolen/broken and disabled my phone service (which was a tedious struggle), they showed I owed them for data use and an extra month... so I paid yet another month (January) [btw - they don't take all legal currency - only credit card or bank transfer]. For 2 months they showed I owed nothing. 0.00$ (Feb, March). In May, they sent an email saying I owe them over 200$ and they will attack my credit rating. They reactivated it and are charging me for previous months. The site's rigged so that you can't actually disable the service, contacts take you in a circle, and by phone you get disconnected each time after hours of trying. To save my credit rating, I'm forced to keep paying for a phone service on a phone that doesn't exist.

Original review: April 21, 2018

So, I figured I would explore services with TELUS after being a loyal SHAW customer for the past 5 years. Recently, TELUS installed fiber in our townhouse complex; every unit got a master link in their suite. A couple weeks later, I had a salesperson from TELUS come to my door. Offered me a deal. The deal was: 2 years contract, $150 credit on the account, and a master card worth $300. The biggest concern that I had is where TELUS installed the fiber distribution in our suite. It was on the other end of the living room where our TV was; and then the computer was on the other end of the kitchen. It was roughly 15-200ft from the distribution box on either end.

Anyway, the sales rep from TELUS said, "That's no problem." That the technicians can run the cables. I told the sales rep that I want no cables running up and down my walls or ceilings unless they are hidden behind the walls like the regular cable hookups that SHAW has installed. The TELUS sales rep assured me that there won't be any cables run on the walls or ceilings. Thus, I signed and a date was scheduled for the tech to show up.

The day the tech shows up, he asks me why the distribution box was installed there and away from where my TV and computer are? I was dumbfounded and replied 'Well, your guys install it, why don't you ask them?' Then he says, "Well you will have to change everything to WiFi". I replied 'No I will not'. Then I replied to say 'I was told by the sales rep that under the agreement for taking on the TELUS contract for TV/Internet is that TELUS tech will run cables through the walls to my TV and then to the Computer which are on the same floor but about 15-20 ft away from the fiber distribution box where TELUS installed it.' The tech refused. Said that the only way he will connect me is if I allow him to run cables on my walls and along the ceiling. I refused as that was not the contract agreement discussed. So the tech says 'Well I guess I am done here because I can't wire you where the box was installed'.

Ok. First of all, it's not my fault where the distribution box was installed. TELUS techs came in and installed it. They picked the spot, I never told them to where to install it. I was actually puzzled why they would install it where it is as I am not about to move my furniture around. Needless to say, I ended up calling into TELUS via live chat and cancelling my contract. I then had to call SHAW to reverse my cancellation on my account. So lo and behold, still a SHAW customer... At least SHAW's techs actually know what they are doing and they do it well and fast...TELUS...not so much, they give up whenever faced with an obstacle. Seems like TELUS is hiring kids to do their installations when really what they need is ADULTS.

Original review: April 20, 2018

THE WORST COMPANY EVER. They must think that all their customers are idiots. Designed to take your money, designed not to let you leave their service. If they just gave an honest service for an honest dollar, they would not have to "train" the reps to be duplicitous, evasive, misinformative and liars. EMBARASSING that this is a Canadian company. They should be ashamed. My name is D. ** and I stand behind this review.

Updated on 07/08/2018: From the very first day... Account was put IN SOMEONE ELSE'S NAME... Tried to correct, they would not because the PHONE WASN'T IN MY NAME. I had to do all the legwork to get the phone put into my name TOOK FOREVER. Lied, mis-information, it is like Telus gives classes to the employees of how not to give a direct answer... Just try getting a "yes or no" out of anyone there. I could go on and on. I tried to get help but no one there cares. They just wanted me to go away. So as there is no recourse, I paid off the account to the tune of 500 cancelled the service, and just had to eat the loss. I went back to my previous carrier who I had good service with for 10 years. If Telus was the last phone service on earth, I would use a tin can rather than deal with them again. One day this will all catch up to them. They can only rip Canadians off for so long, right?

Original review: April 19, 2018

Telus linked someone else's account to my accounts. When I called Telus to let them know they proceed to blame me. They didn't want to me to speak to a supervisor, and tried to brush it all off by saying it's ok now. Violated my privacy and worst customer service experience ever.

Original review: April 18, 2018

For few days I have problem with Telus e-mail. I try to access Telus webmail - no chance, only message I get is to call this number 1-888-811-2323. So I did. Without exception, the wait is around 45 minutes for an operator to come on the line. A most annoying recording comes on intermittently while you are waiting saying that THEY UNDERSTAND OUR TIME IS VALUABLE. What in blazes name do they mean by that?

Original review: April 11, 2018

Called not only twice but THREE times to get my prepaid Visa for signing up with Telus internet. They say there is NO record of me calling. LIES! Now I don't get a prepaid card, when I clicked on the appropriate link for receiving a prepaid Visa for signing up with Telus Wi-Fi! I have had to call at least three times to get my Wi-Fi back up and running. TERRIBLE SERVICE ALL AROUND!

Original review: April 5, 2018

Just waited on the phone for 1:7 minutes, all the while listening to a recording from Telus telling me they knew I valued my time and then I had to talk to someone who did not understand English and I could only understand half of what he said. I asked a simple question like, what would it cost to give my husband a telephone number, we have a phone and add him to my plan. I had to wait another 5 minutes for him to come back to me and tell me he was getting ready to hook up. I said, "No, I want to know the cost..." Another 7 minutes for him to tell me 65.00. I said too much so he said he would hook me up to someone else... another recording telling me they know how valuable my time is... Finally after waiting a total of about 1:30 he came on and told me he could lower it to 50.00. So much for Telus. We will go to a company who really appreciates my time and business.

Original review: March 30, 2018

I signed up for Telus before Xmas 3 years ago. They sent me a tablet before I had services installed. Gave it to my nephew for Christmas as it was a Samsung which wasn't as good as my iPads. They came but couldn't install due to needing infrastructure upgrades. I was fine with waiting but they were taking me to collections every 3 months for not paying my bill, even though I still did not have ANY Telus services in my home. This happened for over a year. 2+ hours wasted on the phone each time trying to explain to them the issues. I asked if I could cancel and they wanted $850 for a $350 tablet!!!

Finally they sent a installer who again said he couldn't complete the install. He however left the phone line open in the ped outside. Fast forward to 3 am and I had a knock on the door, 3 cop cars out front. My Telus phone number (which I didn't even have yet because no services were ran into the home) was dialing 911 repeatedly. They forced their way in and walked through the home. Even though I didn't have a home phone. Next day I got a call at work from the police saying they were going to break my window at home to get in as the calls to 911 started again. Telus still wouldn't let me cancel. Finally got the services installed but they started my 2 year contract on the date of installation. Complete joke with terrible customer service. I got nothing for my problems other than an outdated tablet. Not even an apology. Thanks Telus!! What a joke.

Original review: March 26, 2018

A month ago I ordered service for my mom to be transferred (porting her number of 60 plus years) to her new address in a senior's home... 2 doors down from where she had it ported 6 months ago. I confirmed a week prior and on sat 24th, the tech showed up and stayed for 2 hours, and did nothing as it wasn't a 'fiber optic' line. So basically he chatted to an idiot who promised it would be done by the day's end. Of course it wasn't and after sitting there waiting for 2 hours we left. Her, 84 years old with no phone and me, wasted my time off. I was promised a call at 9am Sunday to confirm when it would be fixed. I called another Telus manager (Danny) who confirmed it may take 24 hours to change back to 'copper wires' but it would be done on the Sunday for sure and he would have someone call me Sunday as he was off but he would follow up on Monday.

I was told that because she was elderly and now without a phone, it was of utmost importance to be fixed. I missed the call on Sunday 11 ish but called back within one minute. Then I called an hour or so later again and left another message and again, no callback. I called Monday at 10:16 am only to be told that Danny was busy but would call back after he dealt with one customer. At 12:30 I called again and finally spoke to him. I heard while on hold there was a Wed apt for her (5 days, no phone, which is a lifeline for seniors) and it was between 8 and 9 am. No one asked how they were planning on informing her. No one checked to see if she had an appointment or what was good for her. No one has done anything. Danny rambled about how he has to talk to 2-3 different departments to coordinate this.

He said he would call my cell when it was figured but had no idea when that would be. Including which day. This is absolutely ridiculous!!!! My mom should not have to go without a phone for 5 days. Telus should be able to determine how to solve this stupid screw up on their part. I am furious and no one seems to give a rat's **. I have heard about 50 times from the various people "I understand how you feel" when NO they do not know how I feel at all!!!

Original review: March 22, 2018

An unfortunate customer who had used the Telus Mobility service just for 14 days and very shocked to see the bill. So expensive compared to other providers and the worst deal. I am so glad that I switched to another provider and will be never back to Telus Mobility.

Original review: March 21, 2018

Called to cancel my subscription for advertising. Conveniently they have a long cycle between when you can cancel and when the subscription comes out. Long story short, they sucked $400 out of me because of the cycle. NEVER go with Telus for anything! Phone, internet, tv... all they are looking at is trying to get as much $$ out of you as they can, they don't care you have been with them for 35 years. Sad...

Telus Company Information

www.telus.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business