Telus

Compare Cell Phone Providers

Research top Cell Phone Providers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I dropped my phone off for repairs for a persistent phone (a Galaxy Samsung Edge 7) freezing issue. The exterior of the phone was in perfect condition when I dropped it off. When I went to pick it up at the Telus Chinook store (in Calgary) after being notified it had been repaired, the store manager told me there was a printed note from the Telus repair group stating there was a scratch down the length of the screen. I told the manager there were no scratches when I dropped it off and they certainly didn't make me sign anything to that effect either, so the scratch had to have happened while Telus was repairing it. The manager said "I don't know what you want me to do." She was barely civil to me and insinuated that I was lying about the scratch. She told me that I probably scratched it and didn't notice.

I told her that wasn't the case and she did acknowledge that she would notice if her own phone was scratched. I pressed her that Telus should repair it as they damaged it. She told me that I would have to pay $225 to get it repaired. I asked for the Telus policy when Telus repair damages a phone. She replied there isn't one. She then called customer service and passed me over to them. After 1 hour with this person, their final solution was either for me to buy a new phone for $500 or to pay for the repairs up front and then receive a credit from Telus that will take months to reimburse me. Not great treatment of a customer nor a good solution. My advice is to stay away from Telus.

Just switched from one provider to Telus... Wow, what a ride. Be very cautious and make sure all of your systems are connected and functioning or it will cost $$$ after they have left your home. This, in my case, included TV, Phone, Internet/wireless, etc. Just an FYI.

Telus Mobility reported me to the credit bureau for having a late payment in Jan 2014. When I phoned them to inquire as to the details like the amount they reported was late and how late it was, Luba from Montreal was extremely evasive, kept telling me she didn't have the info, but she did when I wouldn't give up. She kept changing the figures and dates and was very rude. I asked her several times to please be polite because this was important for me to figure out.

She refused to transfer me to a manager and said there weren't any there and even if there was, they wouldn't talk to me. When I asked her the city she was in she would only say Canada. I asked her again for the name of a manager and she said Elio. She refused to spell it for me. When she finally answered me as to where he was located she would only say Montreal. Finally she just refused to help me anymore. I then googled Elios form Telus online and found Elios ** in customer relations in Montreal. I phoned him and he refused to talk to me unless I would speak French, which I can't, then he hung up on me.

Ordered a basic phone from Telus for my parents (the only model they have available). It came two weeks later DOA. Tried to order a replacement, but was sent to the nearest store, which obviously didn't have this model in stock. Store rep confirmed DOA and ordered a replacement. Two weeks later still no phone. Trying to reach Telus over phones takes hours (literally). Sometimes after 30 minutes it just disconnects. Trying to use chat instead, but chat rep is not from webstore. So brace yourself if anything goes wrong with the phone or plan. Unbelievable.

I have a cooperate account with Telus. There is never anyone to talk to when you call the help line, I often waited at least 45 minutes then they transfer me to some one else, their online options for help posted number that are out of date. My advice is stay away from Telus, and really watch your bills if you are stuck with them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Telus?

We have had several failures in the last year, lost connection for our TV and wifi connection last month for 3 days. A little frustrating when you are trying to watch a hockey game or work from home. Problem does not seem to be in the house but more in an old system in the community. Other communities have been upgraded. Would caution people signing with Telus until the system improves.

As of March 2015- our son could not afford Telus anymore after his wife left him & he switched over to Shaw Cable. He received a box as he had not been able to pay the bills & cleared his bill payments up until MARCH 2016. He returned his equipment in the box provided in March. They received the unit back - however they continued to bill him from March until June 2016! He said he did not use their service. He returned the box... his account was cancelled - he has not paid. We have had the CBV collections calling him. They couldn't explain why he owed them $444.10 - so we had to go back to Telus to find out why they continuously say he owes them money. As of October they will not budge on this amount saying he still had not cancelled his contract- but in fact he did & they closed his account finally in June or they would have continued to bill him!!!

We will not pay for a service that was not used & cancelled according to us getting the box & returning it - the account being closed & advising Shaw we were not with Telus anymore & they hooked up their system. Anyone know whom to talk to as the Manager by the name of Melanie - who was extremely rude & was not willing to even discuss this or say "Ok. So maybe your son "thought" he had cancelled." They'd rather not have any money than to give some "loyalty" on the plan they continued to charge him on & would not even compromise for us as we said - we need to come to an agreement.

This is when we I advised them that they were outright robbing someone of money. That WE DO NOT OWE you & for services & equipment we no longer had in their possession! That was the end of our conversation. We advised CBV we are not paying for this bill because our Telus account was cancelled & we no longer needed them as we now switched to Shaw in March.

They provide good cellular coverage with very few black-out areas. Customer service staff are usually helpful. Their International roaming package is totally useless - can't access the services it claims to provide. Telus is good about recognizing loyal customers and negotiating a good package to suit my needs.

This young woman not only helped me understand my billing, adjust it somewhat (although it was my error), and went on to help me understand how best to use my devices while travelling, simply by using my settings and checking an app she recommended I download. I was so impress, I'm a senior and she made it simple, understandable, and very easy to do. She even ran me through a few adjustments and how to do them for my next trip. She assisted me with so many questions because I felt comfortable asking her.

I've dealt with Telus for over 40 years! I've had adequate to very good service. My store rep who taught me how to use my devices is also a genius and doesn't mind my need to stop by once in awhile if I have a problem. But if I go to the location of this operator I plan to call ahead of time and take her to lunch. My husband was astounded I was having such a positive, productive call. This sort of work is demanding beyond normal service work. It's impersonal and you can't see each other. Since communication, for the most part, is non-verbal I'm surprised I haven't freaked on anyone in the past when using phone services. But this young lady really made my day, made me appreciate the service I get from Telus so much more, and solved a number of niggly, little questions I've had in my head for a long time. I'm thrilled to write this review!

I have been with the three top Canadian carriers to date and this one is the best of any in my experience. Telus is easy to deal with. The customer service is superlative. The prices for Canada are comparable to other Canadian carriers which may be the highest in the world. If I have any problems and need to call Telus, the customer service people are always knowledgeable and friendly and fix any problem I might have no matter how trivial.

I went to my local mall today to cancel my Telus phone plan that costs me 70$ a month (78$ with tax). I've been with Telus for over 6 years now and their reaction reaffirmed my choice. I quote myself, "I would like to cancel my Telus plan." The gentleman replied, with absolutely no emotion, "ok, what is your number", and did not even ask my why I was canceling or anything. I guess I was a bit surprised at the lack of concern for a customer that has been with them this long. Nevertheless, I was super happy to head over to a rival company and pay 40$ per month for the EXACT same plan that Telus had given me at 70$. Note: Telus did give me a phone for next to nothing several years ago and I believe this is their justification for the higher cost. However, factoring in how long I had been with them I had paid my phone off quite a while ago so the extra cost no longer made sense financially. Good riddance.

This rep is stupid, incompetent, he shouldn't be sitting on his position right now because he has poor knowledge about their product. We are a cellphone manufacturer and we troubleshoot features on the phone. We don't have control to Text messages, calls and even voicemails. This incompetent reps has even the guts of asking for my manager because they can't sort things out! Hey you rep if I were you better resign, you are even arrogant and yet you don't know what you are doing! You are funny! Better yet to learn about more your product! Stupid!

Until this past few months, I have been a big fan of Telus as they have always (until recently) been fast to reply, had reasonable hold times and the staff have always been kind (though it is difficult to understand many of the accents - frustrating). I am now comparing the hold times and call transferring to the likes of Rogers. Yep, it's that bad. I gave up accepting the worst service ever from Rogers 14 years ago and now find myself comparing Telus to the other. Canada has THE HIGHEST cell phone plans in the world, so why do we have to accept the worst service in the world? What is the CRTC doing about it? NOTHING. How do we get this situation to improve?

What an experience I've been having with TELUS! I renewed my contract on a 2-year plan with the Google Pixel phone online on November 28th. Right after I placed the order I realized I had put it the wrong shipping address, gave *611 a call and the wait time was at least an hour so I opted for a call back instead. After an hour, I received the call back, I answered the phone and was on hold for ANOTHER 30MINS. Finally I got connected only to find out that I need to phone a different number or email "weborder@telus.com". Sent the email for my shipping address to get changed. 2 days later still no response so I checked the status of my order online and to my surprise it was already shipped! - I was supposed to get an email confirmation when my order ships but never did get such email.

So I phoned Telus again to ask where in the world my order was shipped to. I called the weborder number this time only to find out from the prompt that the email initially provided to me by the agent I spoke with on the 28th was a wrong email address! I stayed on the line for 59 MINUTES ON HOLD before I finally gave up and hung up the phone. The next day I sent an email to the right address regarding what has happened so far. It was Dec 5th when they sent me the email that my order has been shipped. GREAT. I NOW HAVE BEEN INFORMED THAT MY ORDER HAS BEEN SHIPPED ON THE DAY THAT IT'S SUPPOSED TO ARRIVE AT THE WRONG ADDRESS.

I phoned Telus again and the agent said that my order was shipped to the address where no one can sign for it and that I will just have to pick it up at the post office because obviously it's too late to change it now. I was expecting that at this point and that's okay. It is what it is. The agent prorated my monthly bill to the days that I don't have the phone. Alright, I was hoping this was the end of it and that I will get my phone on Dec 6th at the post office. But as it just happens it is not there. Post office told me to check the next day and it still wasn't there and they told me to check again today and I did and I found out that it is lost somewhere and they have no idea where it is and that they will track it down. The tracking system was showing it has arrived back and forth from the post office and my house but I was at the post office 3 DAYS IN A ROW and it is not there.

I spoke with them and they are tracking it down. I called Telus today to let them know what is happening and all the agent said was that "It's on its way to the post office. That's what it says on the tracking system." I just told her that Canada post already said that it's not and they just put a service ticket to find it and it will take 7 days before they get to me. And she said, "Well, let's see tomorrow."

I know at this point it's more of a postal problem. But seriously, some consideration would be nice from the agents considering if the customer service turn around time had just been efficient and my shipping was corrected to the right address none of this would have happened. Some much convenience for online shopping. Great job with the promise of receiving your order within 3 to 5 business days. Great job sending your confirmation emails that orders have been shipped on the day of its delivery. And fantastic job addressing customer concerns. I have tried patiently to email and call your contact centers but this have just been a horrible experience.

Telus has the worst customer service I have ever seen. They put you on hold for an hour, pass you on to another joker with bad English, put you on hold for another hour, and drop your call before they resolve your issue. They cost me hundreds of dollars in extra fees, and the service was so bad that it was easier to put up with it. They had an amazing promotion that put me into new phones when my old ones worked just fine, after that, I had to buy them out because their service sucked so bad I simply couldn't take it.

We have had trouble with our telephone for 2 weeks. Called Telus to check out the problem. They sent out a repairman would diagnosed that we have not signal to our house but he was unable to get into a distribution box to trace it. He cancelled the trouble call and rearranged for another repairman to come in two day later. Three days later I called and asked where he was. They told me that the first repairman was not able to get into our house which was false as I stood by him as he was checking the signal and determined that there was no signal coming to our house. I explained this to them that I was not lying.

After reading the report they determined that this my explanation was true. After a 1/2 hr. call I was told I need to rebook. A day later that sent out another repairman that still cannot fix my phone. This is what happens when you have a monopoly. Still do not have a phone and can't access the trouble because I don't have a nonexistent Pin Number. This is the kind of stupidity that is the result of monopolies like Telus.

Telus pulled the dirtiest trick in the book. After over charging me on 'unlimited long distance' on my home phone, they were charging for area codes they did not cover, and my argument was that they could not call it "unlimited" then... as I assumed what the sales person was telling me to be true and that my bill would only be that amount per month, after I noticed the extra charges and enquired, that is when I found out. So they refused to take the charges off my bill, so I sought out help and found 'consumer affairs' in BC Canada.

I talked to someone there who heard my case and took in on, on my behalf as they felt I was in the right here. So it took a long time and I heard back that it went all the way to Consumer Affairs of Canada in Ottawa and that the ruling was in my favour and that Telus should not have been calling it "Unlimited Long Distance" when it clearly wasn't unlimited. So by this time I had left Telus and gone to another provider, but had still been getting bills sent to me monthly from Telus. They now had added up to several hundred dollars. Telus was supposed to remove these charges from my bill and from my name.

Later in life, I moved to a new city and again had to arrange a phone/cable/internet provider in my new town. I still had my Telus cell phone (back then Telus Mobility and Telus were two separate entities.) However I guess later they combined. I had been happy with my cell phone plan and service and I just happened to be in a mall with a Telus store in it. I went in to charge my phone a bit and while it was charging one of the sales reps chatted with me. He explained they have a great deal on right now that if I signed up with them that I would get a free flat screen TV. So I thought, what the heck I can give them another chance. So we went through the entire application process which assigned a new account number to my name and everything, and he had all my new and updated information now.

At the VERY END of the application he said there was something on the file and he had to call a number. So he calls this number and a person talks to me saying I have an outstanding bill with them. I said "Oh No I do not", and proceeded to explain the whole story. So I said "well just forget it, if that is the way you guys are going to be, I will take my business elsewhere." So off I went. Then shortly after that I started getting collection calls on my cell phone and at my new work place. The CVBCollections fella told me they bought the 'debt' from Telus in January 2014, that was when I was in there applying for their services again... so they took advantage of the situation, to reattach an old debt that was proven by Consumer Affairs to be fraud and false advertising on their part, and re-attach it to me with my new contact information so they could then hassle me again.

I am sure this works on many people, but not on me. I am very stubborn about right and wrong, and this is just wrong what Telus is doing and I refuse to just pay the bill to make it go away. This is about the principle of what they are getting away with and it is WRONG. This is bullying and harassment and should be illegal. If anyone else has experienced the same treatment I am all for a class action lawsuit because we can make a difference if we have enough of us. They might get away bullying us one at a time, but if WE the CUSTOMERS all link arms and fight back, they will have to do the right thing. Anyway needless to say I have been a cell phone client for over ten years, at one time I had 5 phones on my plan when everyone in the family had a phone under my bill, and so Telus has made a killing off of me already and no more.

I am so sick of this BS with Telus that I am going to change my cell phone to another provider, thank goodness there are competitive companies out there and even ones that are better. Don't be fooled into believing that Telus is the best, because it just isn't true. They have to earn our business not blackmail us for it. So the way they did this is by creating a new account when I applied on services in a new location. Telus if you are listening you can still make this right by zero-ing out what you think I owe you on client account number **. I owe you nothing, this is a mistake, and I will continue to complain, and write letters, and protest, and demand proof from you, and update the credit bureau of your fraud, and continue to pursue power in numbers for a lawsuit against you for grief and suffering this has caused me over the years.

I know Telus has pulled this with other unfortunate consumers, I found other complaints **. Way to go Telus, way to earn trust and respect by your consumers. By the way Telus, you are going to lose the rest of my business too, is it really worth fighting over $245?? I have been a Telus mobility customer with an account for the past eleven years account # ** - and now that it seems Telus and Telus Mobility are one and the same, and as long as you continue to claim I owe you money when I have proven to you that you were advertising falsely and giving consumers false sense of trust, that I feel I may have to take all my future business, to another provider. This will include my children, my grandchildren, my extended family and more. Anyone who will listen. You want to come after me and my pocket book and try to destroy my credit rating, well that goes both ways Telus. Without your customers you are nothing. Remember that.

My cell phone was charged with 1509.40, with international charges & I never did them. So I went to Telus. They removed a quarter of the charges, but I am being forced to pay the rest. This company says they value customers but they do not. They are not removing all the charges never made by me. For shame Telus. Sadly I do not trust them now.

I signed up for a two-year with Telus and I got a tv from them. A 40" Samsung. It arrived with a smashed screen. So I shipped it back. They wouldn't send me a replacement. I had a rep from Telus come to my house to set it up because I had no one to help. As soon as the Telus guy opened the box he said the screen's smashed, and return it immediately. So I shipped it back, and never got a replacement. One of the reps said to save my money and just buy one. I will not let this issue go, because I didn't do anything wrong and they treated me like garbage. This needs to be investigated. I'm not letting this be forgot about. They refused to replace it. I want something done about this.

In February of 2016 I was watching a news story investigation on how to get better deals from your cellphone companies. This included Rogers, Bell, and Telus. I come from Saskatoon so according to information provided Saskatchewan would get better deals due to the fact that we have Sasktel. My 3 year old contract was about to expire and I thought it was a good time to get a better deal. I was paying $65 a month and $35 a month for pay as you go for a second line. I believed that I could put them together. I called TELUS and asked them for 2 cellphones one of which is on a new line and the other would be my own cellphone. Based on my discussions and also being on the line for close to 2 hours they came back to me and stated that I could get 2 lines for $95 plus tax. This would include a number of features such as long distance and local calls.

For the next 6 months I received 6 bills totaling $1700 dollars. I called them and asked why the bills are so high. They said my bills are an average of $160 and that I only signed for one cellphone at $95 per month not including the second phone. They said they would never give anyone that kind of deal. I told them that on Market Place the show a women got 3 cellphone from them and that it for under a $100 dollars. The bottom line is that I was led to believe that I was getting 2 lines and a new phone on a 2-year contract for $95 a month, not one phone. In addition, I have been with Telus for close to 10 years and only once did my cellphone bill came in as posted. I have given this company thousands and thousands of dollars over the years and I thought a contract was a contract. I want to add that Tellus likes to post you bill payments on your credit report if they are dead wrong. They still will doink you around.

So I have a 4GB of shared family data. Which by the way is $250+ per month in Newfoundland. We never go over. And I keep a strict law within our household there will be not unnecessary data used. So last night I get a text alert of data usage at 75%. That was ok we only have 6 days left for 1GB no problem. So I wake up the next morning and have received 2 additional text, 90% used and 100% used, and gone over... So I call Telus explain the situation. The phone with the extra charge associated with it had used 2.1 GB while everyone was sleeping within 2 hours after midnight when everyone was sleeping. Go figure...

Anyhow Telus did credit back the extra charge. HOWEVER THEY WOULD NOT GIVE ME THE DATA BACK OR A COURTESY FREE 1GB to cover the remaining 6 days remaining in the billing cycle. So now I have to pay extra for the next 6 days because the data is maxed out and prior to the mystery there was 2GB remaining more than enough for the remaining billing. Not very please to say the least. Oh did I say I was also a customer for 20 years with ZERO past issues? So there is my Telus issue for today not very pleased to say the least. Very unhappy Customer...

In 2008 my son just turned 18 and was dating this girl in high school who was materialistic, her and her mother. His girlfriend wanted a new cell and wanted to get her mother a cell for xmas. I guess cause her mother couldn't get her own. So they dated about a year then she broke up with him and I made her take his name off cell. Had no idea about the mother's phone. Well the mother stopped paying the bill to Telus and wasn't till 2015 that my son found out he had this bill in his bureau 2800 dollars. So 6 years later (wtf) I went to the mother. She said she cancelled the phone blah blah blah. Said she has receipts to prove it. Well bill's now at 3400 and don't know what to do. 3400 is ridiculous. After 6 years of not knowing there was one. No calls, no letters. Can't say they couldn't find him cause he's been home whole time. Wtf.

Elaine ** in the Telus operator services is a mean inhuman person. I overheard her on a conversation with one of her staff degrading them while they were on a call with me! How rude and as a customer and as Telus as an employer should not have anyone on their employee list. She needs to be fired!

I got TV, Internet and Telephone installed at my home on July 4th, 2016, now situation: There were several channels missing compared what was agreed upon.

Internet Speed 25 promised, actual 4.83 download speed. Telephone number I lost my number. There is 45 minutes to 1 hour wait time. When agent comes they don't know where and who to contact for solving your problem.

I immediately disconnected on July 09, 2016 within 5 days but sent bill for $168.94 without getting services for full month. I was told there is no installation and cancellation charges if done with 30 days of installation. I have written confirmation through mail from Telus that account is cancelled but still received bill. Now I'm calling - there is long long very long wait time, no hearing - God help me.

My partner and I just moved out to Surrey and wanted to switch internet providers and set up Telus Internet. When we called the first time, we found out they had to submit a form to see if they could set it up in the building. We were told we would hear back in 3-5 days. A week went by and we heard nothing. We called again and found out no one submitted the form and we would have to wait another 1-2 days. That passed and we called tonight, spent 51 minutes on hold only to be told they couldn't figure out why we were calling or what the problem was. She gave us a number to call back another day. At this point, we were irate and told them we no longer wanted the service anymore. Called Shaw Cable right afterwards and within 7 minutes, set-up an appointment to have the internet hooked up tomorrow afternoon. Telus lost a customer tonight.

This should be illegal. Currently pay $60 a month for a plan. Wanted to upgrade since I'm month to month. Was told if I want to upgrade, I can't keep my plan, I have to pay $100 for the EXACT same plan in order to upgrade. How can this be legal?

After a long, LONG absence due to unsatisfactory service as a mobile customer, I selected Telus as my TV and Internet provider in August 2015. For the last 9 out of 11 months, I have had unauthorized charges on my account for either On Demand orders, movie rentals, TV channel changes, or billing issues: one month I was charged for 2 pick 8 combos and 1 pick 6 combo. At first, I was given the credits. A few months in, a customer service rep told me in exasperation that I would no longer be able to get credits for on demand orders. Suggested solution: set up a PIN. When that didn't work and unauthorized charges and package changes still kept showing up, the suggested solution was: block self-serve options. The only way to order a movie or make a channel change was to call in.

When that didn't work, suddenly a review of my account activity showed the block had never been activated; despite the confirmation emails I had on file from Telus reps and the fact that I checked online regularly to make sure the block was still in place. In a nutshell: either I was ordering things and then changing my mind to get a credit, or I was somehow "accidentally" placing an order and entering a PIN number, or I and the Telus reps I had corresponded with about the block are all liars.

When I suggested I'd been hacked - not possible. When I suggested a disgruntled Telus employee was messing with the account - not possible. When I pointed out that Telus themselves had confirmed the block and I have verified it online - not possible. When I wanted out of my contract because Telus was not fulfilling its contractual obligations - not possible. The service is a joke. The system is flawed. The organization is too big to give care about customer service, bogus charges, and correcting their mistakes.

I have never seen this kind of customer service. They have owed me $200 since the beginning of January. They sent me my security deposit of $200 but it was EMPTY! I cashed the check in my bank but the money was deducted from my account because the check was INVALID? I called Telus SEVEN TIMES about this issue over a period of FIVE MONTHS and all I got from them was "our file say you have cashed the check."!? But I STILL do not have my $200 dollar deposit. DO NOT trust Telus because all they want is your money. Once they have it, good luck trying to get it back without getting a lawyer.

I recently purchased an LG4 phone from Telus, apparently one of the best on the market and so far so good. I am paying into a 3 year plan over $100.00 a month which includes payment on the phone plus the plan. However, I did not purchase insurance. I immediately went out and bought a protective casing for it, a protective/shatterproof screen for it and a sturdy holster. I modified my holster to loop around my belt, not just clip on. Even after all of this, I figured anything can happen. Having second thoughts, I went back to the Telus store to purchase insurance, and I had my phone with me (not a scratch on it).

To my surprise, and I nearly ** myself. I was told that I could not get insurance because I have had it over 60 days. I asked for a reason behind this, and the response I got was "this is Telus policy". I kept up my end of the stick and demanded a better explanation (without swearing), he could not give me one. Then the Telus employee became belligerent (Bonnie Doon Mall Location, Edmonton) and basically told me to take a right turn. I went home and contacted Telus online and could still not get any explanation as to why you cannot get insurance after 60 days. I gave up on that, then I phoned them, I got the same old story. What really baffles me here is why a company, that basically still owns the product would not want insurance on it, especially if a third party is paying for it. I.e: YOU DO NOT DRIVE A BRAND NEW CAR OFF THE LOT IF IT IS NOT INSURED!!!

So, if there is anybody out there that can provide a reasonable explanation for this please let me know. Let me throw a scenario out there for you. What if I went to the Telus store within the 60 period to purchase insurance and did not have the phone with me? I wonder, can I still get insurance? Assume the answer is Yes. Then I call them 2 weeks later and say I lost the phone. Do they replace it? To the powers that be at Telus: I am telling you to change this idiotic policy that makes absolutely NO SENSE AT ALL beyond a reasonable doubt. You say you're not going to adhere to this? That's OK, you can guarantee that you will not be my cell phone provider after my three year term is up. Not only will I drop my phone service with you, but also, my cable, my landline and internet. After switching to Telus just recently, all has been good, except for this issue. To all you consumers out there, make sure you read the fine print.

I was having trouble with my cable freezing and pixelating, and I called to have Telus come out and see what needed to be fixed. The Optik boxes were over 5 years old so the technician told me he would have to change all of the boxes to new ones. One box was in my bedroom. He left me his card and told me he subcontracts for Telus, and to call him direct if there were any more problems.

About a week later, I noticed that a box holding three rings (a bridal set and a three diamond ring) were gone off my dresser in my room, and I searched my entire room. I then took my search to the whole house, but I kept coming back to the same conclusion. The only person in my room was the Telus technician, and he was the only one who had access. I filed a formal complaint with Telus, and also filed a theft complaint with the RCMP as directed by Telus. Mr Sandeep ** was the only one with access and opportunity. I know they were on the dresser when he attended to fix the cable, and they are not now.

I am disgusted with the way Telus has handled this and is accepting no responsibility for the actions of who they have subcontracted and sent to my home. I requested on several occasions to have the bonding and insurance information from Telus, however they have refused. Not only is this subcontractor not located through a directory on any of the Telus websites, his profile says he does not even reside in this country, and currently runs a trucking business in India. I cannot even receive confirmation that this person is legally entitled to work in Canada.

I have asked for confirmation on that status, and I was informed it was none of my business. I have a right to know what kind of people Telus is sending into my home to complete any work whatsoever. Apparently UBER is not the only company who has no morals in who they hire. Criminal records from other countries should be mandatory in background checks, and I don't see that any attempt to research this subcontractor's history has even been entertained.

DO NOT LET ANY TELUS EMPLOYEE UNATTENDED IN YOUR HOME AS THEY ARE NOT BONDED OR INSURED!!! Telus claims no responsibility whatsoever in the actions of their employees. Leon, the so-called manager, was completely belligerent, and said that it was none of my business that I found Mr. ** was not affiliated with Telus. He also denied me any information of what the security background checks consist of, nor would he provide me any information on the insurance and bonding of any employees. Telus disregards customers and will not even return calls or emails. NEVER sign on with Telus as you will be just another account and any complaint is ignored and you will be robbed blind while Telus gives them all access.

Telus Company Profile