Telus

Telus Reviews

Overall Rating1.5 out of 5

About Telus Reviews

Telus Reviews

ConsumerAffairs has collected 676 reviews and 819 ratings.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Telus?
Price

Reviewed Sept. 24, 2023

They tell you one thing for price and product and charge you more... no accountability. One person says one thing promising a price and product. Another says another after you commit. We need more telecommunications in Canada to choose from.

Customer ServicePunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed Sept. 23, 2023

So unfortunately I came accross a situation where I was a little late on my bring it back after 2 years plan. Fine that's my fault, but they've now billed me for suspending my account because THEY didn't receive the payment I made on the day my bill was due. I was charged an extra reactivation fee of $55? Seems a little excessive after just having to swallow $500 plus my phone bill of $190 from last month. When I tried to get someone from the team to help me with my problems, I just get shuffled around from person to person, and none of them unfortunately were any help at all. Somehow I have a new plan I didn't agree to go forward with, for you guessed it- another fee! Yay? Honestly after being with these guys for 17 years, I'm at a point where I've completely given up...

Please let me save you the absolute headache- don't waste your time with these mopes. They just bill you for whatever they feel like- you can't do anything about it, they won't bother helping you, and sadly it will end up hurting your credit. Oh and once they've suspended you, your mobile account on their app also magically doesn't work, so you can't check why your phone isn't working, or what any of your existing balances are to pay them, so you have to call them and get the whole shuffle person to person thing all over again. Anyways, I hope this helps someone thinking about signing up to shy away from Telus, they gave up on their customer service years ago and it shows.

Thanks for your vote! Report

Get buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed Sept. 21, 2023

They should change the name of the customer service department to the customer frustration department. Every time you have to deal with this outfit you lose 2-4 hours of your life waiting on the phone. The automated assistant is virtually unusable and then you get a call back. It says press 1 to talk to an agent. Press 1 then nothing. Press again. Same thing.Then they hang up and call you back in fifteen minutes.Same thing three times in a row. Am I missing something here? If they are running a phone company their own systems should work properly. They were supposed to call me back last night to do an internet speed test between 7-9. Well that never happened. I have a problem with slow and buffering internet during peak times but they say that can’t happen so what do I know but I guess they didn’t want to do a test during that time period. Dave.

Staff

Reviewed Sept. 18, 2023

System keeps breaking down. Camera keep disconnecting. Cameras pick up birds and animals. Tech support is a nightmare, they use 3rd party support companies, not their own. Stay Away from this company. If you want good service hire someone local. What a mistake using Telus.

Customer Service

Reviewed Sept. 17, 2023

All Canadian telecoms suck (we all know this), but what truly sets Telus apart is its unconscionably bad customer service. It’s just idiot after idiot, who tells you they’re going to fix the problem and then…screws it up.

Installation & Setup

Reviewed Sept. 15, 2023

I moved three lines over. They told me $183/month for everything. One month later had my phones shut off and was informed that I had an outstanding bill of $750. They wanted $60 for activation each line on top of extra charges that wasn’t added into the $183.

Customer ServicePunctuality & Speed

Reviewed Sept. 11, 2023

We have moved 5 lines to Telus, first off Reaching out to customer service is a horrible experience, wait time is somewhere between 45 minutes to 60 mins. We requested a callback and then waited for another 30 minutes. The service offered to us is useless, I was told that we have 5G data service, which I have never seen on my phone not even in downtown Winnipeg (forget about the area we live). To make a call literally, I have to wait for at least 10-20 sec before it starts dialing the number. All together horrible service, no one to help, and their automated service is just bullshit. Overall if there is a negative rating I would give the -5 star.

Customer ServiceContract & Terms

Reviewed Sept. 2, 2023

Everything was fine as long as I had a contract. Soon after the end of the contract, an agent at Telus contacted me to transition to Koodo for a less expensive plan. 3 years later without any warning I got a letter from a recovery agency for the last bill that was supposed to be already cleared while transitioning with the telus agent. What a savage way to deal with its own customers. I called them to clarify the situation, but I only got some lame blame diverting tactics with someone who can't even talk my language clearly.

Customer ServiceInstallation & SetupPricePunctuality & Speed

Reviewed Aug. 31, 2023

If you need to talk to anyone expect the longest wait times imaginable, then to be put on hold and told you need to talk to someone else. I have been on hold for 2 hours now well writing this review so who knows how long I'll be waiting. If they are installing anything expect a million wires everywhere when other companies just give you one wire and a internet box or TV box. Expect them to take forever and not come on time. Expect to be lied to too at the kiosk about prices and end up paying more than you are told. They cannot be trusted. Please don't end up getting internet or phone services with Telus. I can't believe how horrible dealing with them is.

Customer ServiceInstallation & SetupStaff

Reviewed Aug. 30, 2023

Moving to a new apartment we purchased, called Telus customer care to notify them of the move as well as schedule internet installation (I am an existing customer so no need for them to send boxes). Technician did not call or show up. It’s been over a week now my family does not have internet (it’s like we are in the dark ages), I can’t even work. I called the customer care and they are not sure when technician will show up. People for a developed country as Canada (where we also pay ridiculous amount for internet and Tv) this sucks.

My internet only needs to be activated and no installation is needed but we are still waiting for a technician to come on site to get it done. I expect such activation to have been done online (being an existing customer). This guys just make ridiculous amount of money and monopolize the telecom business in Canada.

Government should do something, it is insane!

Telus Company Information