1.18/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 7, 2017

227 Telus Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

Called to try to get a better deal on my plan as my bill is over 300$ every month! Spoke my concerns with an agent then was put on hold for over 30 min just to be told I have 2 options and both options were to have my bill at a higher price with a little bit more Data. They obviously do not care about their loyal customers, nor to compete with the competitor's price!

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

Tried to order the Mayweather PPV on a satellite dish with Telus as provider on an account me and my brother share. Long story short, was on phone for 1 hour 40 minutes, could not get the PPV at all. Told the Telus agent (from Guatemala - really?) that he better make sure it doesn't show up on the bill. He says "No problem... For sure you will not be billed. Don't worry." Of course it showed up on the bill. So calling them Nov 3/2017 to ask them to credit... Of course you have to navigate thru the usual BS before you can access an agent... Estimated wait time of over an hour it says. Really? What kinda joke is that? So here it is now at 1 hour 20 minutes and nothing... Just the music.

I have cancelled many accounts with Telus over the years and would with this one too but this is in a remote area where no other satellite providers are. Shaw right away gives you the option to enter your number and someone will call you back. Why can Telus not utilize something like this? This company is the worst ever. Can't imagine anyone would ever sign up with them.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

I have been making numerous (6) calls to try and speak with a Telus service representative to only be kept on hold for over one hour. On one occasion we were kept on hold for almost 2 hours waiting to speak to a service representative. A representative told us that Telus needs to hire more staff. It is inconceivable that customers must endure long deals when trying to resolve technical or billing issues. Their automated service is inconsistent and did not offer a callback option. We are fed up with Telus and can't believe that a company like Telus can get away with such poor service.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

Went into the Telus store in Kildonan place in Winnipeg Manitoba and set up a business plan. I was told I would be able to get the Essential Phone for free and they would update my account the next day without worry, but unfortunately now they have retracted that decision. Now they are telling me to pay 200 dollars for the device or cancel the plan and number that I have already set up and am using. It is very frustrating knowing everyone that has been involved and no one will own up to their mistake.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

I can't believe a big company like Telus could be so disorganized. I arranged installation of phone and internet at my office with a Telus Sales person. The work was scheduled for 27 Sept. It was a no show. When I called Telus, they couldn't find my file. So it was re-scheduled for 4 Oct. It was a no show again. But a Telus employee called in late afternoon of that date that they want to reschedule for some time in the next week. By this time I was totally fed up and asked them to cancel the whole thing.

Then on 10 Oct. we found out our original Primus phone line was not working. I did not cancelled our original phone line prior to that. It took an entire week to work this out between Primus and Telus, while we lost phone service for a whole week. What happened was Telus had grabbed our phone line without informing us. It sure looks like to me every Telus worker (most probably on contract) works on their individual laptop with no data sharing whatsoever. It is absurd a communication company could operate in this fashion!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Telus?

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

Our landline was disturbed by a Telus technician at one of our neighbours' houses. The next neighbour and us ended up with lines crossed. We got their calls and they got ours for 4 days. Telus was called by the one neighbour and their lines were repaired. The technician disabled our lines and told us we had to make a separate service complaint. Now we have no service and you would not believe the unhelpful Telus people. The waits on the telephone from another location are hours long. We got through and were told we would be without service for days until another tech could be sent out. I asked about a service refund and was told I would have to line up in a new phone call to a different department. We will NOT be wanting any further dealings with a bunch of uncaring and incompetent persons at Telus.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

I switched from Rogers to Telus a few years back and now I find myself switching back to Rogers. Telus started off great when I was a student and they offered affordable deals. As a student I found myself keeping a close eye on my data usage and payment dates because I was afraid of going over my data and overall missing my payments.

When I renewed my plan 2 years ago I had recently gotten a great job, and just started saving up. The plan prices at that time were just going up and I thought, "Yeah you know it's fine. It's still affordable". Then slowly the customer service just started to diminish. I had a previous phone that I wanted to unlock and give to my grandfather and they wouldn't waive the fee. I wanted to increase my data by a GB so I wouldn't incur any additional fees, and they wouldn't honour it even though, oh I don't know, I had been with them for 8+ years. I would call and they would constantly tell me they couldn't help me. Terrible customer service. Yes, maybe they have procedures to follow and they really are unable to assist with certain things; it's not what you say it's how you say it. I always get off the phone angry and just hate calling them. As a customer you want to feel valued. If you want to feel valued - don't choose TELUS.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

I have attempted to call this company on a few occasions in a few different ways. 1866 number I was on hold for over an hour with no answer. Even though the voice prompt said 5-10 minute wait times (I have screenshots of this). I attempted with the call back feature on the app 3 weeks ago, still no call back. I have dialed *611 and waited over 2 hours on hold. This is the worst company for customer service and reception I have ever encountered. Ridiculous company. Disgusted.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

I've been with Telus for 3 and a half years now and this is the worst mobility in Canada. I have been getting extra chargers for things I did not use or do. I went to their branch at Square One - Mississauga and all the sales associate told me is that "He can't help me". I called their customer service and all that they said is that, "You have extra charges." I checked every phone number that was listed for extra charges. Some were numbers I did not have saved on my phone and some were just extra charges for things the sales associate assumed were "late charges". My plan is $45 calls and texting BUT NO DATA.

Last month it came up to $412 and I paid them because they started charging me extra ON TOP OF THE $412!!! This month I made sure to track all my phone calls. I made all my family call me instead of me calling them so I won't get the extra charges. I never use data but I had extra charges for DATA when it says on my phone that the usage is 0 bytes. It came up to $107 so I know there is something wrong with their services.

Avoid Telus at all costs. Go to Rogers or some other mobility that would actually charge you for what you ACTUALLY use/do. This is 100% an honest opinion from a student that has been worrying about their phone bill coming up to what is equivalent to one course at UofT. Mobility is supposed to be the easiest thing someone has to deal with, but this has been adding a lot of stress to me on top of my studies. I'm currently on the phone with their customer service and I've been on hold for over 25 mins. Is this really what you would like to spend your time doing? On the phone for 40 mins with customer service trying to resolve their mistake, then go ahead and be my guest. Sign up with Telus. I will make sure everyone knows this story because it has caused me so much unnecessary extra stress!!!

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

My spouse and I have been longterm Telus customers and we spend over $200 monthly in additional movie charges & UFC events. We have been loyal customers paying top dollar even though we know your competitors offer a significant cheaper rate. The past year as you can see on our customer file has been riddled with service interruption complaints due to faulty modems or service issues on your behalf. The last time we struggled to get a technician in to fix our service only to have him stand us up and do a no show and no phone call for our appointment after we sacrificed our hard earned work wages to make the appt happen.

We woke up this morning to find our TV internet signal not functioning on our devices. We called the IT dept and had over an hour conversation troubleshooting hardware device wires that we told them hasnt been touched or moved in our sleep. Although our cell phones show a network available for WiFi we cant get a signal strong enough to connect. Yesterday we noticed our Netflix was even cutting in and out due to signal performance. When we attempted to get the rep to book a service technician to fix the issue we were told the time available was 1 pm... even though we repeatedly said we are home from work in evenings after 5 pm during the week and unwilling to take time off work to meet.

I find it beyond ridiculous that I am paying a top dollar when I am not able to get service techs in to fix an incompetent device. Why are we paying top dollar to a company that cant offer competitive prices and services? The rep wanted to cut our monthly bill down and have someone at an inconvenient time next week to fix our issue. I am not waiting a week for service and having to take time off work to make it happen. We hired Telus to provide service and like we told the rep today we want our service fixed after 5 pm and to continue business as usual.

Having a professional service provided is more important than a cheaper rate. If I wanted a cheaper rate I'd go with Shaw. We were frustrated after a year long ongoing battle of insufficient service and were directed to your loyalty department. I understand this is the dept where Telus has one last chance to keep a customer. He also offered cheaper rate with same tech schedule in daytime availability. I said bottom line we want our service fixed within a reasonable few days after 5 pm when we are home.

This gentlemen spouted same stuff service rep before did. He offered a cheaper rate but said they could only come at 1 pm. Not what I asked for. It seems Telus no longer offers flexibility to customers for tech support for the working class and has disappointed us yet again. We called Shaw and were offered everything we needed at a cheaper rate including service techs in the area. In fact they have competitor package where they will call Telus to disconnect our service for us and any fees Telus would have charged will be taken care of at no extra cost to a new Shaw customer.

It is holiday Monday today so if I dont hear back from you guys in next day or so I will be giving Shaw a green light to activate service. We purchased many movies on your network but we will gladly call that a loss if the service reps and techs cant pick up their quality service. I'm saddened that a company that charges the most offers the least and cant keep loyal customers happy.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

Telus unknowingly charged me $35.00 for unlocking my phone. However they never notified me until I went to apply for a mortgage, a year later. They charged me interest on this $35 over the year and sent it to a collection agency. I asked for a copy of this statement that they supposedly sent out and they were unable to do this. Be warned when you close an account for these hidden additional fees. The 'customer service' person (Amanda) was nice, but incompetent and be prepared to wait over an hour to get help. Avoid the expense and headache, stay away from Telus.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

Everything works like it should. Pricing could be better on the data being supplied and on the phones, but other than that it is fine.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2017

I have a PBR, and 4 other boxes, also I have the Internet with them. My problem, the picture and the sound shutters in the tvs (3 of them. The only one it works not perfect but better is the one directly from the PBR. They send already 3 technicians and still I have the very same problem, I told them I'm pretty sure are the boxes problems (outdated. Once again I call today and I have an appointment for this coming Monday. I just don't know what else to do. This is in Red Deer, Alberta Canada.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2017

I was paying a extremely high rate for my service and decided to switch to another company that would offer me more data with all the unlimited text and call perks I already had with Telus. This company was willing to offer me 8GB of data a month for my boyfriend and I each, whereas with Telus I was only getting 2.5GB for us both to share. The plan I have switched to is also $30 cheaper a month and their LTE network works better. Still, I have been a longtime Telus customer so I decided to see if they would offer me a better deal. Instead, they offered me fewer minutes (to reduce the cost they said) and only and extra GB for our plan for an extra $10. Let me see 16GB with unlimited everything for $120 a month or 3.5GB and limited talk for $150 a month. Really Telus, really.

Also, when I phoned Telus to ask how much I still owed on my contract they told me $240 and considering I had asked how much to cancel BOTH phones I thought that meant for BOTH, but no they neglected to tell me that was for EACH phone and I found it out when I was switching service. Then when I called to complain I waited about 1/2 an hour and they said there was nothing I could do. I told them to go back over their recordings of the call since the guy on the other line had not told me the truth when I asked him how much to cancel. Obviously, I never got a callback. On top of everything else, I had to pay $50 each to get my phones unlocked so that I could transfer them; so all in all, Telus took about $800 and left laughing. Long and short, DO NOT go with Telus. They will screw you over and don't care that they are.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

I made the mistake of going with TELUS. The bill is astronomical!! Besides the fact of being different from what I was told. They put me on contract when I was told it was month-to-month! AND THERE IS A HUGE LINE ON THE PHONE WHENEVER I CALL THEM TO DISCUSS THIS OR ANY MATTER!!! 45 MIN!!! Who on earth would provide such ** support!!!

Original review: Aug. 31, 2017

Trying to change my home service. Cost is almost $300.00 per month, I would like to talk to customer service. On hold for 4 hours and counting. I wish there was another internet provider in Canada. I would disconnect my service.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2017

Over the past couple of weeks I have been tending to Telus issues for my elderly father. These are issues which cannot be handled through a chat line or FAQs on the website. On August 20th, I waited 28 minutes and 56 seconds. On August 28 it was half an hour. On August 29th, it was one hour and minutes. All of this to solve a problem that was of Telus' making, not mine. This is absolutely unacceptable. The message with the hold music said that my time was valuable. Obviously not. My family will definitely be looking for another company which treats its paying customers with respect.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2017

I am an existing Telus customer. I routinely receive and pay my phone bills. Apparently, this does not obligate this company to simply answer the phone when I call them. This is a TELECOMMUNICATIONS company that can't pick up the phone. I tried three times and ended up waiting almost a hour, simply to be told that the phone I wished to activate wasn't able to be activated. Is this any way to treat your "valued" customers? They like to brag that they are the "best" cell phone company out there. That is absolute **!!! I'm going to get rid of my cell phones and go live in a cave so I don't have to deal with them!!!

Original review: Aug. 22, 2017

Telus customer service is atrocious and they no longer care about their clients. I was a client of 10 years. My contract expired and I was offered a terrible plan where I paid an extra $15 a month for less of the service and data I was previously receiving. No one made any attempt to continue my current plan or at least offer me a fair contract. I left and moved to another company. I had an owing balance for the month they charged me (even though I wasn't using services and everything had been disconnected).

Six months later I received an inflated bill with additional late charges. It had already been sent to collections. I immediately paid the collections company, who provided me with documentation and proof of payment. The collections company was very helpful and called Telus to inform them the account was paid and closed. Two months later, six phone calls and the balance is still open and showing on my credit report. Every time I call Telus they put me on hold for 20 minutes only to tell me the account has been rectified. Infuriating. My monthly bills are $0.00 but the account still marks my credit report and looks delinquent.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2017

Shocking. Just called Telus as some of US are waiting, e.g. 45 min, 1 hr & a 1/2 to report problems or to move services to a new address. So today We are calling as "New" Customers and getting instant service. Once We are Customers, as noted above, the service takes hours of Our time and one Person still is not able to get Their services moved to Their new address... 1st mtg. They arranged canceled via a message left with no explanation and 2 1/2 weeks later and They still can't get an appointment to have Their phone connected at Their new home.

Customer agent (read as condescending and uncaring) Joe in Montreal answered My call at 11:22 a.m. BC time this morning. When I explained some of Us are calling as new Customers today to check out wait times to reach someone as We who are existing Customers are waiting and waiting and at times not even getting the service We are requesting after We actually reach a human. In response Joe says to Me in a very inappropriate tone a message including the following... "Just so You know we are only 25 answering calls for 100s and just so You know there are wild fires in BC." How dare he use the fires in BC as an excuse for Telus taking Our money and not using it for the services they take Our money for?!

I told him We are customers paying for a service we are not receiving at all or appropriately. I told him he had poor customer service skills. Off to check Other Providers. We have Other TV and Internet Providers as Telus could not provide us updated service in Our neighborhood then notified Us just before Christmas it was available. So I headed to Our very busy mall at that time of year to go to the Telus shop to order the service to give to Our Children as a Christmas surprise. Waited and waited in a line to be told, when I was finally able to talk to a Telus rep, that the notice We received was sent in error and We in fact could not get the service they said was now accessible in Our Neighbourhood.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2017

This all started months ago when I first signed up with Cricket Office in N Himes Street Tampa office: 813-348-9333, They informed me that I had 30 days to add the refer person to my account. Then I called support. They told me that I had to download the application, My Cricket, then My Cricket Rewards, which I did EVERYTHING your support department asked me to do. In the meantime, the person who referred me did get his 25.00 credit but I never did. Then I was told to wait the full 60- or 90 day which I did. Again I called customer support and finally after months of waiting now I was informed that no I will not get the credit because I was supposed to sign up BEFORE the line was active.

This is the worst customer service I have ever dealt with and on top of all of this, the representatives that I have spoken to, ALL can see the notes and how many time I have called regarding the same situation. No one cares, no one does nothing. You ended up losing a customer for $25.00 and now have an irate customer that will by word of my never give Cricket Wireless a positive comment.

The worst is the last supervisor which I am sure you can see who it was on my account DISCONNECT my services with no authorization from me, only because he can't understand my frustration and even MORE does NOT care. My phone is now disconnect by the last supervisor that I spoke to and this morning I went to reactivate my service with another cell company. I don't know how or why you think you can treat people this way, your reps are horrible. They don't understand that not everything is black and white and processes sometimes need to bent or every situation is different and your don't empower your reps to make these decisions and if you do, then they are not doing it. I can't believe the way you treat customers and expect to continue to be in business. I will be sharing this experience with everyone who will listen on social media because your company needs to be stopped.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2017

49" LG 4K Smart TV, MSRP: $1099,Model: LG49UJ6300 with 2 year contracts. Other store sells it for 857.99. The difference is 241.01. What is it for? Is it used to pay for interest when Telus buy a TV for you? Every month, Telus will get the money from your monthly service to pay off the TV in 2 years such as 45.7916 for each month (you do calculation for 1099/ 24 = 45.7916).

If you cancel the 2 year contracts after one year because of bad services or some reasons. What is going to happen? You have to pay the rest of your TV cost 549.5. At the end, you are the one who paid for TV not Telus at all. Why Telus called it a gift to its customers. Think another way, if you use your credit card, and buy the same model for 857.99, no contracts with Telus, you can use any other company like Shaw. How much do you have to pay for a month in 24 months is 35.749(roughly) + 14.2 (interest for 20% a year) but amount will decrease along with the time. So question? Should I sign up a 2 year contracts with Telus? ;)

Original review: July 23, 2017

3 weeks ago had a sales call by a slick Telus rep. He convinced me that their service will save me a lot of money for phone, internet and tv, with the promotion for their new fibre optic system. From then on everything possible went wrong. My appointment was for Sunday after Canada day at 900 am. I got a call that morning at 730 am from the tech asking if he could come sooner, I disagreed and he reset the appointment after waking me up. They didn't have another appointment for several days so I agreed upon that date. Next appointment date the tech that arrived did not know what he was to all to install even though multiple emails to me said it was all part of the service call. Then another tech arrived and did not know either. The 1st tech spent approx. 8 hours hooking everything up and found only the internet worked so he had to switch everything back to Shaw, since the Telus services did not work properly.

They then decided to set another appt. which was 8 days later, I objected about that so they sent someone back the next day. The same tech came back later than agreed upon but continued to figure out the issues with their service. Now he had spent another 4 hours and got the services working somewhat. He left the cable box on the front of the house open with cables hanging as well as screws and clips all over my driveway. Then the issue was my older tv that was hooked up to my stereo. They did not have an rca jack setup to accommodate the stereo. Another tech was sent to try to resolve this problem and hook up 1 more box. 2.5 hours later it was all working. Now I was told by the tech I would have to keep my phone service with Shaw active for 5 business days, that turned into 7 business days. On the 7th day I went to use my phone and it was dead. No dial tone at all.

I called to find out the issue and waited on hold like usual for approx 40 minutes. This was after several other calls equalling about another 1 hour or so of my time. After several tries and different techs they were able to get the phone working again. One thing I forgot to mention was, since the start of all of this I had about 10 emails from Telus with at least 5 of them saying I am your new Telus rep and to call them with any questions. The problem was it was from 5 different CSR's. Now back to where we were, I was now to receive a call from a supervisor to compensate me for all the time spent and problems encountered. This is where it is truly pathetic. The supervisor never has called me back after being promised 4 times now and having me wait for the calls that never came. To date I've invested approx. 17 hours of my time between techs at home, phone calls, and waiting to hear back as promised.

As of yesterday the 4th supervisor was still trying to send me through the one who never calls, Natalie is her name. I asked if she doesn't call me back again what am I to do. Her reply was she will call, if she doesn't call she would file a complaint with her supervisor. She said it wasn't fair I had to chase them down which I agreed. Well surprise, no callback, what a joke this company is. They keep passing the buck rather than deal with the issues. I cannot believe a communications company has such poor communication about everything they do.

I didn't even mention the Philippine overseas Telus worker who I spoke with that laughed at me when I told her the problems I was having. I said I didn't think it was funny, shut her up right away. Anyhow my advice to anyone considering switching your services to Telus, don't do it, unless you want to deal with the crap all the people here have been shoveling from Telus. Also the tv service with the basics and 6 theme packs suck. I need 4 more theme packs to be equal to Shaw. The service may save you money initially but will be the same in the end. NOT WORTH MY TIME!!!

Original review: June 29, 2017

This company must have the absolute WORST customer service I have ever seen. 2 hrs of being switch to different departments because NO one wanted to do their job. Thank god for Tevron, as he at least tried to help. His supervisor, Miryam absolutely disgraceful, promises to call back... still waiting. WAKE UP TELUS!

Original review: June 21, 2017

I have canceled my TV/internet service in May of 2017. There is a credit balance on my account of over $80. Telus chat representative said that I will not get my money back for 3 billing cycles!!! What is Telus doing with my money (and, undoubtedly, many other people's money)? Will I get it back with interest (I highly doubt that!)? Waiting 3 months to get my money back is ridiculous; they had no problem taking my money throughout the years I have been a customer. I can attest that Telus' treatment of customers is the worst I'd encountered among telecom companies.

Original review: June 14, 2017

Telus emailed me an offer as a loyal customer for an internet upgrade and a prepaid $200 Visa card. When I called to redeem they advised this was for new customers only. This is despite the fact the I emailed the manager the offer that specifically indicates this is "amazing deal for loyal customers" and "as a thanks for your continued loyalty".

Original review: June 14, 2017

Scammers. I bought the Google Pixel XL, and pay for the warranty. My phone is only a couple of months old and it is "physically damaged" although I have done nothing to it. I sent it away and they want to charge me all kinds of money to fix it (it won't charge anymore), and I refuse to pay it as I still owe $700 on it, and I pay for a warranty. Seriously, they are the biggest scammers. I am so irritated.

Original review: June 2, 2017

I have 3 accounts with Telus and have to re-negotiate pricing every 2-3 months even when the Loyalty department assures me everything is set for 12 months. Every time I have to call in to respond to an inflated invoice I have to hold for at least 45 minutes and often longer just to get to the first rep. While I usually do get the appropriate financial agreement, I have to waste significant time on the phone waiting for a CSR. I can only believe that the lengthy hold time is due to the large number of unsatisfied customers and/or insufficient number of staff to respond to callers complaints. Come on Telus surely you can do better! At this point in time I cannot recommend Telus as a media or cellular supplier.

Original review: June 1, 2017

Your internet is THE WORSE EXPERIENCE I've EVER dealt with in my life. I'll be standing BESDIE your modem and lose WiFi, not to mention we're paying $100 a month for a VERY BELOW average experience. When I'm not buffering for ages on basic Netflix or Youtube videos. My ping hits over 500 on video games I play. Customer service treats you like you're a joke, cause they're well aware if you try and leave them they're gonna charge you out your **. So ya, Telus can go straight to hell. WORSE EXPERIENCE OF MY LIFE, Shaw is the only decent service here in Edmonton and probably Canada Wide. Why don't we let Sprint and Verizon in? And let them kill this ancient useless phone company that has drained Canada for too many decades. I WILL NEVER spend a single penny EVER again on this company, even if its the last resort available. Not worth the dirt they sit on.

Original review: May 31, 2017

Very bad service from Telus. Never recommend anyone to chose Telus. I had changed my mobile service from Telus to Bell and call Telus to let me know my any outstanding payments so I can pay. Their representative told me certain amount I did paid that in time and I moved to different province same month. After 3 months when I applied my home loan I was denied because they said I have $49. something to pay to Telus. And I when I called Telus they told me that "we have mailed you the last bill" which is strange because I never use to get bill in my mail in past 2 years and they never emailed me stating that I have some pending amount. I strongly suggest everyone to stay away from Telus. It's a ** company.

Telus Company Information