1.13/5

349 Telus Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 24, 2019

Boycotting TELUS!! I am SO livid with their services, once again! This time for data charges when I wasn’t even using my phone! I was literally feeding a newborn horse at 8:00 p.m. at the farm, my phone was almost dead so I didn’t even want to use it. Then bam I received a stream of text messages at 8:17pm, summing up that I’ve “incurred $100 of Canadian data charges.” I’m sorry what!!!??! So I called TELUS, and even during my phone call I received another text indicating I’ve incurred another $200 in data charges. And guess what!? They insisted I incurred 4gb of overages at 8:00pm. I WASN'T EVEN USING MY PHONE!

I don’t know how many times I told them it has to be an error of some sort, etc. Etc. They apologized I racked up my data (excuse me!?) and advised the charges are correct and they cannot remove them. I am ending all services tomorrow. The funny thing is, the lady who was on the phone laughed at me. Horrible service. And no, they will absolutely not be getting my $200.

Original review: May 15, 2019

I am a customer of Telus for more than 4 years. I have had lots of problem with my billing because they will give you discount for only 6 months and without notice, they will charge such a high fee. I always have to call after 6 months and I always have to pay more. But when I talked with Brenda a Telus representative she helped me a lot. She reduced the price and gave me a deal for 2 years. So happy with Brenda.

Get expert buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 6, 2019

I am a former Telus mobility customer. I have kept all my bills on my email and when I tried to long into my old Telus mobility account to print off my old receipts/bills as Revenue Canada is asking for them for tax purposes, the account is canceled.... Fair enough but I should be able to access my old statements/bills. After 90 days of not being a customer they cancel your account and charge you $3 per bill so for a two year period of bills I need for Revenue Canada, I will have to pay them $72.00. Be warned.

Original review: April 25, 2019

They did not prorate my December bill, as I moved and hence was dinged twice. Which still hasn't been fixed. I understand the billing cycle completely as I'm a credit analyst. I called initially in March right after the bill cycle. I called to have my packages changed and I coerced into a 2 year package which I would have never needed. If they had prorated the December bill. They do this to people so your bill ends up being astronomical. It's a sales tactic. See my contract had just ended. Then they said my bill would be 120.00 approx.

I checked my acct 2 days later and noticed there was something wrong then and I called, they assured me it would be fixed. I received my bill and it was 450.00 because they added packages I didn't have. And on top of it is ** up my credit. Long story short when I moved to my new home I did not receive my Optic cable. I had to beg for old and my bill is still Almost 5 bills. I paid over 400 last month. Almost 500 combine the 2 months before. They told me this will not take effect until NEXT bill cycle. Not true. They can fix today but I will see a revised bill NEXT issue date. Teach your CSRs on how to coach customers. Telus this was your mistake. Not mine. I want out this contract. I will file a complaint with regulating body as well.

Original review: April 23, 2019

Currently I pay for 12 GB of mobile data and have a huge internet package yet I'm paying for data overages 10 days into my billing cycle even though I'm at home and my phone shows I'm using wifi. I've spent endless hours on with tech support and my TV that I got thru Telus craps out several times a week. I'm so sick of calling help desk. This is theft as far as I'm concerned. Why should I pay more when I already pay so much.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Telus?

Original review: April 19, 2019

I have been a customer since 1981 when Telus used to be called AGT. I this week enquired about Telus 300 fiber and had it installed. I also needed a static IP. This Telus won't provide unless you have a business plan. Telus have apparently not heard of small business with people working from home, it is a new concept to them. It's either a huge commercial operation or you're a resident. I was advised if I put in the personal system nothing needed to be done to switch to business at my home. It could all be done remotely.

Today I called, waited for the call to be answered forever and eventually spoke to a lady who said she would have them call me back in an hour but because it was good Friday maybe they would not be working. can you imagine a business service not working 24/7? I called back after an hour and a half and got through to someone who advised the following; I need to have the modem changed which will take 7 to 10 business days. I am out of business for the next two weeks, thank you very much Telus. I will be away on business with no access to my files or equipment. I asked to speak to a manager and was told that they could try to find me one but I would probably be on hold for a very long time. Well Telus if you think I am taking this lying down without repercussions you would be wrong. Telus is so bad they should be shut down by a shareholder revolt. Seriously, try Shaw, or even use Rogers unlimited data plan but whatever you do avoid Telus.

Original review: April 18, 2019

Worst ** company ever. I’ve been a loyal customer until now. I was promised a gift with purchase only to find out after waiting over a month it hasn’t even been sent out. They did not resolve my issue whatsoever. All is they do is apologize. Don’t promise people ** that you can’t follow through with. I will be switching.

Original review: April 16, 2019

In a word, terrible. I've been with this company for 17 years, but recently I noticed that they are not quite honest and fair to their customers. Never again. Service representatives are not willing to solve the problems, and are only good for excuses.

Original review: April 4, 2019

I have been trying to get service at new location. They assured me that they would come out and it would be hooked up. They left, no hookups. Told rep would contact us. Still has not. We have left messages, no reply. 45 minutes this morning on hold, they came back to tell me that there was a problem, put me on hold again, 45 min later, still on hold, hung up, called back and not they will call me back. We will see. Cannot believe this. They are stupid people, really. I cannot believe that this company is still in operation. We need more options.

Original review: March 30, 2019

I signed a contract with Telus for two years TV + Internet. The contract speed I signed was 150 MB/sec but the actual speed was about 7 to 10 times smaller. Every other day I had to reset the router to have the internet and TV of course the slow one. They said that I got great excel for fast internet because I have an optical cable but it did not help either. The support is ridiculous and inflexible. They only know how to take the money. Today I have screenshots so I can prove everything I've written. They are trash of the company and big big thieves who think they are gods.

Original review: March 29, 2019

Don't waste your time with these idiots. I've had to contact Telus four times in the last six months because of Bill creep which is my bill going up every second month 10 or $15. In September of 2018 I contacted Telus and I was told I would get this service for $135 per month for 2 years straight. 2 months later my bill is $15 more a month. I contacted Telus again and got another 2 year deal. He was supposed to send me an email with a confirmation of this. He stated, "Don't worry. I will send you the email." I never received it. 2 months later the same thing another $10 increase. They promised me the world I would get a two-year contract and ask him to send me an email. No email ever appeared. They promise you the world on the phone but they won't put it in writing. Don't trust what they say unless they put it in writing. Don't waste your time with these idiots.

Original review: March 25, 2019

Our contract is coming due with Shaw, so we thought we’d get a hold of Telus to compare their rates and to talk to a Telus rep about switching to them. It took us 10 minutes to even find a contact number, and once we did, there was no available options for “New Customer” or Sales. The computer generated voice kept asking for our current phone number like we were already a Telus customer and it wouldn’t Recognize our phone number for the callback option. After about a 1/2 hour on hold, we finally hung up. It shouldn't Be this hard for someone trying to bring you business Telus. You should have one of your own call the Customer support line to see how truly frustrating your process is.

Original review: March 25, 2019

A rep came to our door with a great promo. Save lots of money & faster internet, so we switched to Telus from Shaw. We were told that we would keep our phone number & our email address. This was not true. After going back & forth with management for 2 days & many hours & not getting anywhere, we cancelled our account. Within 2 hours Shaw had us reconnected with everything back to the way it was. Thank you Shaw!!!

Original review: March 18, 2019

Recently a family member went through a divorce. She had to get her name off the joint account she shared with her partner. We went to a local store and the service agent was nothing but condescending and rude. When asked to cancel her subscription he simply assigned her another - more expensive package with NO explanation or helpful suggestions. The whole time we were dealing with this man - he kept asking new customers as they came into the shop if he could help them - while we were still attempting to deal with our issue - Telus obviously can't bear the possibility of losing a "POTENTIAL" customer - so do not instruct their salespeople to give you personal attention. The WORST SERVICE. Rude, disrespectful and only interested in signing up potential customers. We went to FIDO and they were AMAZING.

Original review: March 14, 2019

This company rips you off your money. I do not recommend them whatsoever. Do not take their deals as it’s a way to lock you in for years and paying huge money for not a very good service! I inquired about terminating my account but was never told how much the cancellation fee would be and lo and behold my balance came to $1400 which if you’re living in Vancouver is already 3/4 of your rent. It is preposterous! If I knew the fee would be that high I would’ve stocked it out till the contract ended! It highway robbery guys! DO NOT GO TO TELUS.

Original review: March 13, 2019

Recently I moved my apartment. I tried to call Telus so that they could install the router in my new apartment. I tried really hard to contact customer service. After three days of hard work, finally, somebody picked my phone. Instead of asking them to install the router in my new apartment, I terminated the service. They sent me a box to return their router back (you can't stop by a Telus outlet to return your router), the horrible thing is they asked me to give them tracking number by calling customer care, and it is my third day trying to contact them.

Original review: March 12, 2019

I have always been with Telus, never had the best experiences but not the worst, till now. Switched mine and my boyfriend's phone for the S9, I was assured everything would be transferred as it's a business phone, I need all the information. I trusted the Telus technician to transfer it all, he told me to leave and come back in 30 mins, so I did. Now here I am 5 days later trying to get things done and realise I'm missing a TON of valuable information from my phone. I have called Telus store and corporation and no one can help. My business is now out of money and my personal files are gone. Plus, I lost so many photos and the rest have been disorganized and all say they were taken the day I got the phone.

Don't trust Telus, they don't actually care about you. They just want to get your money. I couldn't be more disappointed. I have done this switch on phones many times and I always have all my data until this switch, the technician really screwed us over, and Telus doesn't care. Save your frustration and go with a better company, or save everything yourself because unfortunately not all Telus technicians actually know how to do a smart switch. I never should have trusted the guy when he said come back in 30 mins.

When I called today, I was told the technician was able to transfer everything on my boyfriend's phone because he had an SD card, but I didn't so he wasn't able to transfer my info. That's great to be told 5 days later, but I made it VERY clear I needed everything in the old phone transferred to the new one or I'm not transferring. I'm beyond angry as to why he didn't tell us at the time that he couldn't transfer my info, instead he told us all was good to go and sent out old phones away. Crooks, avoid them if you have importance info you don't want to lose.

Original review: March 11, 2019

Telus started sending email bills to my 89 year old Dad on MY email account which I totally ignored - I do not pay or buy anything online. As there were no snail mail bills nothing got paid (has in the hospital for over 3 months) and I only paid what came in. I contacted Telus three (3!!) time to remedy this at which they assure me it was. Then, they CUT OFF service!!!

Original review: March 10, 2019

This is the second time Telus has sent me to collections, Should have learnt the first time, owed 42.00 on phone bill. Was 2 weeks late paying it, they sent it to collections. First time they sent no notices out said it was my responsibility to find out how much I owed. I paid up to date and cancelled service. Was later called by a collection agency stating I owed Telus money. Second time I was just late paying. Worst customer experience I have ever had. Never again.

Original review: March 8, 2019

Please be kind, cause I am new to this! My husband and myself, went to purchase phones from Telus. We both had previous phones from the same store. I had never got familiar with my phone, because it was difficult to navigate. Mine was basically for emergencies, but I was envious of the masses. We were lucky enough to sit down with Matt **, to discuss our needs. He sold us both, a new LG Xpower 3. He really listened to us, and advised us, about the features this phone has. So simple to use, and we were both up and running, in no time. I guess this review, is more about the excellent customer service we received, than about this sleek, easy to use phone. We both, have not had customer service like that in years, if ever. Thank you Telus, and Matt **.

Original review: March 5, 2019

Protection plan is a complete scam. Don't waste your time or money with that. Telus has left me without a cell phone for 2 weeks and I'm paying 9 dollars a month extra incise my phone gets damaged. I called the protection plan company only to be bounced around to 4 different people for over an hour and still didn't have an answer. At that point I hung up and called Telus directly. Telus basically said there's nothing they can do. And I'm still without a new cell phone. How can they leave a customer that has been paying for insurance without a phone for weeks??? Cancelling and never going back. Bye Telus and shame on you.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

Last year I took advantage of a deal where I would get 300 min\mo and 10G of data with no contract. I changed my plan from another carrier to Telus for both my daughter and myself. Today I get a letter in the mail stating they are raising the rates as of April 1\19 by $10\mo. The only way to contact them on the letter was to contact, "Telus.com\plans". So buy a new plan! VERY poor customer service and just an outright rip off. Just another way for them to milk more money out of their customers. I can't explain how they believe this is good corporate business. Just blatantly ripping off their customers. I loved the way it was signed, "The Telus team." All this has done is to get me to change carrier and change my internet as well. I'm sure they don't care but it will cost them over $250 per\mo.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

My recent and past experiences with TELUS Mobility both consumer and corporate have been more than a bad taste but are the better of the other corporate and consumer gangsters. I recently went to reactivate a modem and was informed that this was not possible as more than 3 months had passed even though when I deactivated it I was told I had 6 months and only 4 had passed. After they messed up other devices on my account and were unwilling to take corrective action to correct the issue. They are unwilling to compensate or assist in correcting the issue and continued to treat me as though I was incompetent.

We have filed complaints with the BBB as well as the CTSC and the FCC is next. I thought that should you know if you want anything more than a simple service from Telus you had best ensure you speak with the right people and if they are not willing to assist ask to speak with their supervisor until you get the action you require. For your info there last screw up cost me $2223.26 out of pocket in which I am seeking restitution for. BUYER BEWARE!

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

I moved into an apartment complex that if I signed a year’s lease, I would get Telus free for a year. My apartment manager faxed over the paperwork to Telus on January 21, 2019 and told me someone from Telus would be contacting me to schedule an appointment to install. And when no one from Telus contacted me by January 28, 2019, I called them. I had scheduled an appointment for Telus to come on February 3, 2019 between 1 & 3. So figuring my appointment was set, I contacted my building manager with the date & time so he could be there to open the electrical room.

Then on January 29, 2019 I received an email saying my appointment was scheduled for February 5, 2019 between 1 & 3. So I called Telus to inform them that this was the wrong date. They told me that they couldn't set up my account because the name I gave them was not my legal name. (which is funny cause I'm sure I would know my own name) Plus, they had the paperwork from my building manager with all my information. So finally I said I wanted to talk to a manager to get this dealt with. I was put on hold for 45 minutes (which I wasn't hanging up until this was rectified).

Then on my moving day, as I was in the middle of moving my stuff, I had to again call Telus to make sure my appointment was scheduled for February 3, 2019 between 1 & 3. Finally, I got my TV & internet hooked up. So, the first manager I talked to said they would compensate me for all the troubles I had. I have never heard back from her. Now I have another manager I am in contact with and I asked her how they will be compensating me. I sent Telus an email on February 5, 2019 stating that since Telus gives away TVs for free anyways, that they should at least give me one for all the troubles I had getting this set up. I received an email today, February 6, 2019 stating that they would offer me free internet for a year (which I already get as part of my lease with my apartment complex). So I sent an email back stating that I would write review after review on every website & social media until this is rectified.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

Very deceiving door to door agents working for Telus. They are not honest when they explain their promotions, and just mention the good stuff that the customer wants to hear. Once you sign up with them, you discover they had you sign up for a two year contract which was never explained to you. If you want to discontinue their services or make a change to it, they strike you with $15 per month for the rest of the two years contract. VERY SLIK.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

I have sign up for Telus Internet. It says first 6 months promotional rate and then regular rate. But Telus start charging me regular rate at the end of 5th month without sending me any notification. I have asked the customer service rep. why is it? She gave an example that I started middle of the month such and such so it is 6 months now. I wasn't fully convinced and I asked why can they send me notification reminding me about the promotion to regular rate. She said that yes they should have but I have to pay regular rate now. Anyways, I decide to end the deal right away and pay the remaining balance. She advise me the amount I paid over the phone using credit card. A month after they send me another bill saying I still owe them so and so amount. I called verify. They explained and paid over the phone.

A month after I got notice from Telus collection saying I owe them more. I politely request them to send me a copy statement that has month to month bills and the payment I made over the phone and from my bank. Simply no response on this. She goes on and on about the money I owe them and what will happen if I don’t pay. I told her that the last time talk to their CSR and paid full amount owing how this ended up in collection? She replied that, “We don’t have any record you paid and you still owe us money.” No more details! Now, is this fair? Is there justice in this country or what? This corporate crooks is gonna eat people's money like that? Terrible company!

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

I got a call several weeks ago from Telus (Vancouver office) asking me "When can they expect my account to be paid". I informed them that I thought that all was well with my account as I usually pay the bill within days of receiving it in the mail. I had been at my existing address for over a year and had receive my bills regularly at this address. I asked them to check their records as I had no way to verify that the person on the other end was not scamming me. The person told me that the address he had on file was the previous address. I then told Him that it's somewhat strange that Telus out of the blue demands that my account be settled when I have been faithful in the past keeping my account paid. It seems that someone decided to stop sending paper bills to us and there were no emails - so how were we to know???

I told the person on the other end of the line that I was uncomfortable giving my credit card number to a stranger that could not provide info that Telus should have as I'd received bills in the past at my existing address. I asked him to send the bill to my present address and it would be paid as soon as received. He agreed with me that He'd also be somewhat leary in paying this bill over the phone. He then agreed to halt pending suspension on my account until I had received the bill and had reasonable time to pay it.

Today my wife made a doctor's appointment for my son and was going to call me on our cell and let me know went to take him to the Dr's office (appointments up in nwbc are very difficult to get). After waiting some time I tried calling home on the cell only to find that the service has been suspended. I have had other issues in the past with Telus (not related to paying a bill) and have found that for a "communications company they can't even communicate between themselves. How can they possibly communicate with others??? It doesn't surprise me that this company's customers reviews are so low. If there was another provider in the area we'd be switching in a heartbeat!!!

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

It is not enough to just complaining but really sick of their billing. Nonsense billing and ripping off. Please get paper bill and get track of them every month. They try hard to put extra charges. Very disappointed & hope to have Telus to be one of social issue someday soon.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2019

My Telus home phone has been dropping calls and I get a sound like someone is dialing while I'm talking, then the phone call just drops off. They have been here three times in the last 18 months. Each repairman has a different reason why this is happening, and every time, they say it’s fixed in a box down the street, or they have changed the wires. Last time I didn’t realized they screwed with my alarm system, that cost me $220.00 repair bill from the alarm company. Now @ 8 months later again same problem. I have some very important calls happening, from medical staff. Yesterday I called to get this fixed or I’m switching companies.

The lady from a far away company said, "You must have the fiber optic line put in." I don’t want to pay one dime more, I tell her I’m a pensioner on a very fixed income, plus a widower. She still insisted this was what I need. I finally gave in, but I knew it was wrong. She tricked me, they're good at that. Today I canceled my appointment, I’m really angry now??? I just want my phone fixed, that’s all I want. I don’t need fiber optics plan, she promised it wouldn’t cost me any more money... I hate when people lie to you. Now what? So upsetting. This company I have had an account since 1973... shame on them for treating a loyal customer like crap???

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

I moved to Boardwalk and if I moved to new place, Telus would be free, the technician come on November 9 2018, he said problem with the box. I keep calling and when will repaired... and the agent said Dec 19, 2018 but not coming yet. It's too long. I tried to order a product of Telus... just only 3 days after order. The technician come to repaired and only 2.5 hours. The technician was not polite like I used to be... I have been a Telus customer for 9 year. Even the agent... I tried to cancel Optik TV and phone. The service still there... I'm planning to take another provider as soon as possible. Telus is not in my interest anymore for now.

Telus Company Information