1.22/5
Based on 63 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

267 Telus Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 12, 2018

In APRIL I trying TELUS -cell provider but this company is very expensive so after 7 days I decide cancel this services. I pay them everything. About June 11- 2018 somebody call me (men have very bad accent and I not understand him) and say that I am owe money for TELUS. I tell him, "If you work for TELUS customer services first learn English because I am not understand what are talking about." Next day I call TELUS customer services and ask what happen and why this company want charge me any money if I cancel this services almost 2 month ago, so lady (she speak very well English) say because I used phone for one and half week !!!! That way I owe him $39?

Original review: June 7, 2018

I have been with Telus for over 15 years, my contract was up and I wanted to see if they could match Fido with their rate plans. Basically when I went into the store and told the representative what Fido was offering me he pretty much told me I should go with Fido because Telus could not match that. I decided to call Telus and take it upon myself to talk to customer relations, I was told the exact same thing. I should take the Fido offer. They were not willing to do anything for me especially me being a loyal customer for so long I was shocked.

I guess this is what Telus calls customer service. I would have thought me being with them for so long they would be willing to work with me but I guess it is time to leave. Telus was very customer-related in the beginning but now they have definitely lost their way. If you are a long-time customer don't even bother trying to work something out with them because they won't help you. The tone of voice pretty much sounded like if you want to leave leave. Why should I have to upgrade to a plan that's $30 more a month just to get a new phone. It's ridiculous.

Get expert buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 30, 2018

I received 6 phone calls from Telus asking if I want a cell phone at $0 on a 2 year plan. Finally I agreed because my son needed a new phone. We were currently with Rogers and we were fairly happy with their service. My son's phone was cracked and I couldn't afford to get the phone fixed or buy a new phone so I said yes to Telus after the pressure as they kept calling. I got the new account set up around May 23, 2018. However a week later I noticed $43 in data charges. Makes no sense because I have unlimited data with Telus already and use Wi-Fi and the data on my son's new phone (Lg X Power 2) had been turned off the day we received it in the mail.

I looked on the online account and there is another button you have to switch to off the turn data off? I turned it off and called Telus Mobility once again. They said it's a $2 charge to switch the button to off meanwhile I had turned it off myself? After awhile Telus agreed to put the no date charge at $0 and credit me back the $43 for the data. Overages Show menu Page Total 161.14 MB. I did look online and data goes in the GB. I was being charged more for mere MB?? I was very unhappy to say the least.

Original review: May 27, 2018

I have to say how disappointing experience I had and still having with Telus. I went to one of their local stores in Highstreet Mall, Abbotsford for getting an internet connection back in March. I got a deal of $49/month + $100 credit from a girl named Marina working there. Has been 3 months now since I am using Telus Internet and neither of the promised deals has been offered so far. I am getting $70 bill each month. Went to their store thrice to have it rectified, waited there for 30-45 minutes each time and each time I was told it will be all taken care of the next bill run; to which I asked them to send me a confirmation email as a proof that my concerns have been rectified but they didn't do that.

I also called their customer service center and waited for 1.5 hour listening their recording that they value their customers (A TOTAL LIE). They told the loyalty department will give me a call which I am still waiting for. Still my account is just showing that I owe them $70 for the monthly bill and no credits. It is not going anywhere. I went with Telus in the first place because the deal they offered was within my budget but each month I got bill more than promised deal. Really frustrated by the service and behavior. All I can say is "STAY AWAY! DON'T GIVE YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY TO TELUS".

Original review: May 19, 2018

I signed up for Telus as a student, and I thought it was a pretty good deal. During my time with Telus, I had tons of connectivity issues. So I called them and they told me that they would send me a new router to deal with the issues. Once I got the new equipment, the issues got worse. When I called, they told me that maybe too many people have been trying to use the internet. Since my roommates and I shared the internet, I thought it was an okay explanation so I upgraded the plan, which bumped up our bill pretty high.

However, there was no change in the connection and I got tons of complaints that the internet was still on and off, and quite glitchy. After several phone calls, they investigated and realized that they’d sent me the wrong modem/router. Once they sent me a new one, the connectivity issues were mostly gone. However, I feel it’s extremely unfair that 8 out of the 12 months of my experience as their customer was horrible because they made a mistake and then didn’t correct it promptly. Once I was moving out, I asked to cancel my services and they assured me there’s be no cancellation fees. I sent their equipment back the same day as the cancellation date, and they had told me that as long as I return everything on time, I shouldn’t be charged any extra fees.

About a month since the cancellation date, I noticed a charge on my credit card. They apparently charged me $120 something because I didn’t return the equipment. Luckily, I’d kept all my receipts from Canada Post and I’d taken pictures of the return slips, so I talked to the agent and gave her all the information. She told me she would confirm and refund the money. I called again a month later because I didn’t get any of my money back. The agent told me that they’d failed to input the return, and that was the reason for the charges on my account. He told me that he’s corrected the issue and I should get my money in the next 10 business days.

A month after this interaction, I called Telus again to inquire about my check and the agent told me that it was sitting as a credit on my Telus account. Now, after waiting for 3 months, my patience was truly being tested. I asked him how this made any sense to him or anyone at Telus as I am no longer a customer! I told him that I was assured I would get a check. The customer service rep actually yelled at me and told me that it’s not his problem. He finally confirmed my new address, and I got the check 5 months after my cancellation date. A lot of these issues would have been cleared if the people at Telus cared about giving their customers good service. I mean for $80+ a month with crappy internet, that’s the least they can do. I would never recommend Telus to anyone!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Telus?

Original review: May 13, 2018

In my area we have two choices - Shaw or Telus. After many years of dealing with constant price increases and poor service from Shaw, we moved over to Telus and have been mainly happy with their service, signal quality and customer support. Our main complaint, which would apply to any provider is the quality of programming on almost all of the channels. I have no interest in watching endless "hillbilly reality" programs, which seem to be the standard fare on everything from the History Channel to the Home and Garden channel. I realize these shows are cheap to make as they have no high paid stars, but they are terrible.

Original review: May 11, 2018

I had my IPAD stolen, and I reported it. Next month when my bill came in I realized the IPAD was used to make LOCAL phone calls, and because I had no plan the charges came up to $700. I have called explaining, and a reasonable solution would be to upgrade the plan to minutes and have me cover the plan. Well not so fast, these guys offered 35% discount on the full amount! Those are local minutes, meaning it costs Telus less than a dollar to provide the service. So I now need to pay nearly 500 because I had the IPAD stolen. By doing it Telus is actually breaking the law.

Original review: May 11, 2018

After I reported my (already paid for non-contract) phone as stolen/broken and disabled my phone service (which was a tedious struggle), they showed I owed them for data use and an extra month... so I paid yet another month (January) [btw - they don't take all legal currency - only credit card or bank transfer]. For 2 months they showed I owed nothing. 0.00$ (Feb, March). In May, they sent an email saying I owe them over 200$ and they will attack my credit rating. They reactivated it and are charging me for previous months. The site's rigged so that you can't actually disable the service, contacts take you in a circle, and by phone you get disconnected each time after hours of trying. To save my credit rating, I'm forced to keep paying for a phone service on a phone that doesn't exist.

Original review: April 21, 2018

So, I figured I would explore services with TELUS after being a loyal SHAW customer for the past 5 years. Recently, TELUS installed fiber in our townhouse complex; every unit got a master link in their suite. A couple weeks later, I had a salesperson from TELUS come to my door. Offered me a deal. The deal was: 2 years contract, $150 credit on the account, and a master card worth $300. The biggest concern that I had is where TELUS installed the fiber distribution in our suite. It was on the other end of the living room where our TV was; and then the computer was on the other end of the kitchen. It was roughly 15-200ft from the distribution box on either end.

Anyway, the sales rep from TELUS said, "That's no problem." That the technicians can run the cables. I told the sales rep that I want no cables running up and down my walls or ceilings unless they are hidden behind the walls like the regular cable hookups that SHAW has installed. The TELUS sales rep assured me that there won't be any cables run on the walls or ceilings. Thus, I signed and a date was scheduled for the tech to show up.

The day the tech shows up, he asks me why the distribution box was installed there and away from where my TV and computer are? I was dumbfounded and replied 'Well, your guys install it, why don't you ask them?' Then he says, "Well you will have to change everything to WiFi". I replied 'No I will not'. Then I replied to say 'I was told by the sales rep that under the agreement for taking on the TELUS contract for TV/Internet is that TELUS tech will run cables through the walls to my TV and then to the Computer which are on the same floor but about 15-20 ft away from the fiber distribution box where TELUS installed it.' The tech refused. Said that the only way he will connect me is if I allow him to run cables on my walls and along the ceiling. I refused as that was not the contract agreement discussed. So the tech says 'Well I guess I am done here because I can't wire you where the box was installed'.

Ok. First of all, it's not my fault where the distribution box was installed. TELUS techs came in and installed it. They picked the spot, I never told them to where to install it. I was actually puzzled why they would install it where it is as I am not about to move my furniture around. Needless to say, I ended up calling into TELUS via live chat and cancelling my contract. I then had to call SHAW to reverse my cancellation on my account. So lo and behold, still a SHAW customer... At least SHAW's techs actually know what they are doing and they do it well and fast...TELUS...not so much, they give up whenever faced with an obstacle. Seems like TELUS is hiring kids to do their installations when really what they need is ADULTS.

Original review: April 20, 2018

THE WORST COMPANY EVER. They must think that all their customers are idiots. Designed to take your money, designed not to let you leave their service. If they just gave an honest service for an honest dollar, they would not have to "train" the reps to be duplicitous, evasive, misinformative and liars. EMBARASSING that this is a Canadian company. They should be ashamed. My name is D. ** and I stand behind this review.

Original review: April 19, 2018

Telus linked someone else's account to my accounts. When I called Telus to let them know they proceed to blame me. They didn't want to me to speak to a supervisor, and tried to brush it all off by saying it's ok now. Violated my privacy and worst customer service experience ever.

Original review: April 18, 2018

For few days I have problem with Telus e-mail. I try to access Telus webmail - no chance, only message I get is to call this number 1-888-811-2323. So I did. Without exception, the wait is around 45 minutes for an operator to come on the line. A most annoying recording comes on intermittently while you are waiting saying that THEY UNDERSTAND OUR TIME IS VALUABLE. What in blazes name do they mean by that?

Original review: April 11, 2018

Called not only twice but THREE times to get my prepaid Visa for signing up with Telus internet. They say there is NO record of me calling. LIES! Now I don't get a prepaid card, when I clicked on the appropriate link for receiving a prepaid Visa for signing up with Telus Wi-Fi! I have had to call at least three times to get my Wi-Fi back up and running. TERRIBLE SERVICE ALL AROUND!

Original review: April 5, 2018

Just waited on the phone for 1:7 minutes, all the while listening to a recording from Telus telling me they knew I valued my time and then I had to talk to someone who did not understand English and I could only understand half of what he said. I asked a simple question like, what would it cost to give my husband a telephone number, we have a phone and add him to my plan. I had to wait another 5 minutes for him to come back to me and tell me he was getting ready to hook up. I said, "No, I want to know the cost..." Another 7 minutes for him to tell me 65.00. I said too much so he said he would hook me up to someone else... another recording telling me they know how valuable my time is... Finally after waiting a total of about 1:30 he came on and told me he could lower it to 50.00. So much for Telus. We will go to a company who really appreciates my time and business.

Original review: March 30, 2018

I signed up for Telus before Xmas 3 years ago. They sent me a tablet before I had services installed. Gave it to my nephew for Christmas as it was a Samsung which wasn't as good as my iPads. They came but couldn't install due to needing infrastructure upgrades. I was fine with waiting but they were taking me to collections every 3 months for not paying my bill, even though I still did not have ANY Telus services in my home. This happened for over a year. 2+ hours wasted on the phone each time trying to explain to them the issues. I asked if I could cancel and they wanted $850 for a $350 tablet!!!

Finally they sent a installer who again said he couldn't complete the install. He however left the phone line open in the ped outside. Fast forward to 3 am and I had a knock on the door, 3 cop cars out front. My Telus phone number (which I didn't even have yet because no services were ran into the home) was dialing 911 repeatedly. They forced their way in and walked through the home. Even though I didn't have a home phone. Next day I got a call at work from the police saying they were going to break my window at home to get in as the calls to 911 started again. Telus still wouldn't let me cancel. Finally got the services installed but they started my 2 year contract on the date of installation. Complete joke with terrible customer service. I got nothing for my problems other than an outdated tablet. Not even an apology. Thanks Telus!! What a joke.

Original review: March 26, 2018

A month ago I ordered service for my mom to be transferred (porting her number of 60 plus years) to her new address in a senior's home... 2 doors down from where she had it ported 6 months ago. I confirmed a week prior and on sat 24th, the tech showed up and stayed for 2 hours, and did nothing as it wasn't a 'fiber optic' line. So basically he chatted to an idiot who promised it would be done by the day's end. Of course it wasn't and after sitting there waiting for 2 hours we left. Her, 84 years old with no phone and me, wasted my time off. I was promised a call at 9am Sunday to confirm when it would be fixed. I called another Telus manager (Danny) who confirmed it may take 24 hours to change back to 'copper wires' but it would be done on the Sunday for sure and he would have someone call me Sunday as he was off but he would follow up on Monday.

I was told that because she was elderly and now without a phone, it was of utmost importance to be fixed. I missed the call on Sunday 11 ish but called back within one minute. Then I called an hour or so later again and left another message and again, no callback. I called Monday at 10:16 am only to be told that Danny was busy but would call back after he dealt with one customer. At 12:30 I called again and finally spoke to him. I heard while on hold there was a Wed apt for her (5 days, no phone, which is a lifeline for seniors) and it was between 8 and 9 am. No one asked how they were planning on informing her. No one checked to see if she had an appointment or what was good for her. No one has done anything. Danny rambled about how he has to talk to 2-3 different departments to coordinate this.

He said he would call my cell when it was figured but had no idea when that would be. Including which day. This is absolutely ridiculous!!!! My mom should not have to go without a phone for 5 days. Telus should be able to determine how to solve this stupid screw up on their part. I am furious and no one seems to give a rat's **. I have heard about 50 times from the various people "I understand how you feel" when NO they do not know how I feel at all!!!

Original review: March 22, 2018

An unfortunate customer who had used the Telus Mobility service just for 14 days and very shocked to see the bill. So expensive compared to other providers and the worst deal. I am so glad that I switched to another provider and will be never back to Telus Mobility.

Original review: March 21, 2018

Called to cancel my subscription for advertising. Conveniently they have a long cycle between when you can cancel and when the subscription comes out. Long story short, they sucked $400 out of me because of the cycle. NEVER go with Telus for anything! Phone, internet, tv... all they are looking at is trying to get as much $$ out of you as they can, they don't care you have been with them for 35 years. Sad...

Original review: March 17, 2018

I was trying to place an new customer order for the whole bundle of services from Telus. I am calling Canada from the UK and have now been sitting in a call centre queue for 16 minutes. The system just says we are dealing with a lot of calls. No idea of where I am in the queue or how long I will have to wait. In typing this it has now been over 20 minutes. I cannot believe the poor level of service and now getting second thoughts unless I get some feedback from them then I will place my order elsewhere.

Original review: March 6, 2018

I've been with a previous service provider for years. I switched for the TV deal. In the first six months with Telus we fried 2 PVR's and 1 modem. Every time required me to be at home to get them to replace it. I also have documented 7 call in's and 3 chat logs with them. They wasted hours of my time troubleshooting equipment. The software in their new PVR is crap - gets stuck/hung up switching between Netflix and regular content, etc. When I do get customer service on the phone it's only after being on hold 20-40 minutes. I've tried calling at 8 AM on a Tuesday, 2 PM on a Wednesday, 6:30 PM on a Friday. It really doesn't matter. I had 11 guests over and we even missed the first quarter of the Grey Cup for their horrible troubleshooting rigamarole.

I switched back to my previous provider and have only had troubleshooting problems once in the first three months since coming back - and I was speaking to a person after 3 minutes on the phone at 7PM on a weekday. Equipment failures happen - with Telus they can happen A LOT. Customer service to overcome it was ridiculous though. After cancelling I got an email saying my final payment will be taken from my VISA - $520 plus change. I wasn't behind in payments - this is what I owe from the TV deal for breaking contract early. But they won't send me a paper bill and they deactivated my online account as soon as I canceled service - so I can't see what I am supposed to be paying for. I just want to do my diligence.

Deactivated my account in early February and after online chatting twice and call in once to request the deactivation and then twice more for a copy of my bill they explained they can't email it to me (the call service rep is not 'authorized' to do that). I told them send me a paper bill. They told me it's an extra $3 for the extra bill. Since I have yet to receive the electronic one promised I am not going to be including any $3 extra into my final payment to them. To cap it off I also won't be paying the interest that I am sure they are starting to expect - because I still haven't gotten an invoice. Frustrating experience. I'm an idiot if I ever go back to them again. The only good part - they don't manufacture TV's. They don't even deliver it - I picked it up myself. It's the only thing I got from them that I am happy with. And the free shipping was not to my door but 20 minutes across the city. Oh well. Fools me once - shame on you. Fool me twice - shame on me.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2018

Dec 15, 2017 submitted iPhone 8 Plus for a repair. Apple Care receives phone - with no instructions and Apple returns phone with no repair performed at the beginning of Jan 2018. The phone does not work and the local Telus store re-sends the iPhone 8 Plus back to Apple. We try to contact the store several times and the reply is - I've contacted my Apple rep and she is trying to solve the issue. Feb. 23, 2018 - I call the store again and the Telus mobility rep states - she just emailed Apple the day before. She has neglected to call back earlier in the week as she promised and return another call.

Feb. 24th, 2018 - I call Apple Care directly and they find that Apple has shipped the iPhone to Telus on Jan 13, 2018 and that Telus has the iPhone. The Telus rep. (not the store in Terrace), whom Apple contacted, says that Telus will ship the iPhone 8 back to Apple on Monday Feb. 26th for a repair now that they have all of the information! I cannot believe how inept this local store is. I am regretting my switch from Bell Mobility to Telus mobility in Sept. 2017.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

I have complained on many occasions that Telus usage counting often shows higher usage than my actual usage. Also speeds rarely come close to what they advertise when I download something. When I complain they offer more expensive upgrades. If they provided what they promised no upgrade would be required.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

Telus suspended my service when I went to Cuba on the basis of "suspicious roaming", sent me a text saying to call this number to reconnect and verify it was me. Of course I couldn't phone on my phone because they disconnected me. Had to borrow someone elses phone to call them and was told by a rude, not very helpful woman that I needed to supply two pieces of government ID via fax if my account was to be reconnected. I explained that I was in Cuba with limited internet service and no access to a fax machine, she was very unsympathetic to my situation, being without service in a foreign country, unable to contact any of my family or make arrangements for being picked up at the airport or anything.

She said my service would still be disconnected when I got back to Canada until I provided the pieces of ID. AND THEN after I get off the phone with her I receive an email saying "sorry to see you go" letting me know that apparently I had canceled my service altogether and the last day of my service would be Feb. 11th. Which I did not do, I never told anyone to cancel my service completely, although now I wish I did. Once I get back to Canada I go to the Telus store, the man helping me didn't even really know what to do as he said he had never seen anything like this happen in the 7 years he was with Telus.

I had brought all my ID with me this time, hoping they would be able to have it and reconnect me. Not the case. I brought my passport, health card, driver's license and SIN card and these were all insufficient pieces of ID. They then informed me I would have to come back with either a paper bill mailed to my address or a bank statement. THESE ARE NOT PIECES OF GOVERNMENT ID which I was told to supply.

The man there faxed in my health card along with my driver's license on the off chance that they would accept that. They did not. I waited a few more days for them to contact me which they did not so I emailed the escalated customer issue email address and was told the same thing that they would only accept my driver's and either a bill or a pay stub or bank statement. They told me to email in these and gave me an email address to mail these too which I did. Fast forward more than a week and still have heard nothing back from them.

I'm extremely disappointed in Telus with the poor service and making it literally impossible for me to get my service back. When they cut off my service I had also just handed out multiple resumes with that number as my contact info so everyone I handed a resume off to has been unable to contact me. Thanks Telus. So far as I know I am paying for a service that I am unable to use.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2018

One year ago I switched from Rogers wireless business to TELUS wireless business and that was the biggest mistake ever. I ordered 3 iPhones and it took them 10 days before I call and the customer representative confirmed that it was shipped already and I should be receiving them Friday the latest. I didn't receive anything till Monday so I called on Monday (which makes is 2 weeks since ordered the iPhones) and the rep told me that it's unavailable that's why nothing is shipping!!! I asked her why the previous rep told me that it was shipped and she replied by that it was misinformation!!!

The customer representative deceived me first of all by saying that the plan has caller id and I asked him that if that has the call display for numbers which is not on the contact list and he confirmed yes. This turned to be a lie and that he was just trying to sell a feature that the company even don't have!!! This happened again when I was travelling to USA and discovered that they don't have the Roam Like Home like Rogers and Bell and they have something else called travel passport which is so bad even for any customer and so expensive and you don't get any enough minutes or data. Of course when I was initially doing the deal the same rep told me that they have the Roam Like Home and that was a lie as usual!!!

The customer service is so bad to the extent that every time you call them they can't address your concerns, and once I spoke to the manager and she advised me choose French rather than English so I can get an agent from Canada not offshore and then I can speak English with the agent!!! So annoying. Eventually when I was cancelling the contract after only 1 year, I was told by the agent that the penalty was $990 and then I asked him if that includes taxes or not. He confirmed that taxes were added to the amount and the only left balance including tax is $990...and I don't need to say that it was a lie and that this amount you have to add taxes and I had to pay $1160!!!

When I called to address this matter they told me that they will listen to the call. I gave them the ref. number and the agent name and date and time of the call. After 1 week they called to say that the call was not recorded for a reason and that they will just give $50 credit to help me. What kind of provider is that!!! Every time any mistake happens they say human error but the company never stands behind its employees' mistakes and the customer always pay for the unprofessional agents and all this lies and misinformation!!! Even when I cancelled they sent an email to provide my feedback, I gave them the worst feedback ever and even no one replied or called me!!! Stay away from this company as they are so unprofessional and not worthy of having your business and they just DECEIVE you to get your money.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

Furious with Telus. They weaned me from my previous cell phone provider with a free Samung 8 and verified several times I would pay the same as my previous plan incl taxes. Received a bill for twice that amount and when complained they reviewed the taped conversation with the sales associate. They acknowledged he had made a mistake and should not have offered me such a cheap price but refuse to honour the agreement. Now have to send phone back, try and get old plan back, and change all my information back to old phone which had been wiped! Also out another $25 for the new cell case I had to buy. Disgusting customer service!!!

Original review: Jan. 13, 2018

5 years with Telus. I was on a fixed plan for the last year, this last bill was almost double. I called them, only to waste my time, they are trying to tell me my promotions are over. I have the emails confirming my deal with them and they say they don't do those deals anymore? This makes no sense? Telus has lost yet another customer due to stupidity! Called Shaw today, will be changing services.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2018

Signed a 3 yr contract with fixed price, every few months my service price increased slightly till it doubled! This is always the case with Telus. Cancelled my services, 4 hours on the phone, they sent me a bill of arrears $449! This is to return the modem and equipment they installed. Another phone call, 7 hours long and me telling Telus the process, they send me out the boxes to ship the electronic goods in at a post office. Post office tells me to keep the receipt as Telus frequently denies receiving the goods and wants to charge the customer the $449 or destroy the customer's credit score! It’s a corrupt organization that requires government to look into the over pricing, price creep breach if contracts and false charges destroying people’s ability to establish credit financing.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

Prepaid and added credit card for automatic top up. I am a senior and on pay as you go. I bought a new cell phone from Walmart. They could not get through to Telus after a 1 hour wait. I said I would try from home. After an hour of waiting I got through to an overseas operator which I could not understand what she was saying. I asked if she could switch to English. I was able to gather that she said she was talking in English. I was unable to talk with her and discontinued the call. I have tried different ways to get service on my new phone which I was told was a simple matter of changing sim cards. I am looking for another provider that does pay as you go. I will be cancelling Telus. I will probably be out the $20.00 of prepayment and the $125 I paid for the new phone. I not likely will be able to cancel the $10 per month of automatic withdrawal but I can live with that, small price to pay to learn not to deal with Telus.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

Do not use this company for home services. I have been a customer for over 5 years. I have never been so upset by a customer experience. I have had to spend over 8 hours on hold/on the phone trying to get a simple thing accomplished. I have been trying to move my services since Dec 26th. I have had nothing but problems and dealt with extremely unprofessional staff. They do not call back when they say they will. They do not care and do not take responsibility. On Dec 26 I arrange to have services end at one address and start at another only to be told it couldn't be completed and that a linesman would have to come in a few days. The tech did not cancel the cancellation request at our previous address and they could not fix it. We were without services for 3 days. I was told by a loyalty team member that he would take this over and get us hooked up ASAP. He said he would call me back. He never did.

I spoke to a manager on Saturday and told them that Dec 31 was the last time we could be in our old place. I begged them to give us a resolution and get a linesman out. I confirmed with Natalie, the manager that I spoke to that she would call me back. She said yes in no more than a couple hours. Again I was never called back. Called again and spoke to another extremely rude manager named Hermanas who told me Jan 3rd was the soonest a lines truck could come by. And that he would not book an appointment until they came. This left my mom without service AGAIN for at least 4 days. Or so we thought. More back and forth later. The linesman comes and I make an appointment for today between 11-1 and I am unhappy but expect it all to be over soon. Today the tech never showed up and never called. My mom called in at 1 and spoke to someone who said the tech is running behind and will call her soon. She never received a call.

I call in tonight and talk to another manager. He does not take responsibility, he instead tells me that an appointment was never set up and the soonest appointment available appointment is Monday, Jan 8th. That is 9 days with NO service. This is not acceptable. And whats worse is that no one seems to care to fix the situation or make it right. I have never dealt with such an unprofessional and terrible company. And for anyone who took the time to read this to the end, this is the SHORT version. This doesnt include all the time spent on hold, or being put on hold for the rep to never come back on the line. Or being sent a incorrectly priced contract. Or having incorrect pricing set up.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

I have had several occasions to have to speak with Telus. Without exception, the wait is around 30 or more minutes for an operator to come on the line. A most annoying recording comes on intermittently while you are waiting saying that THEY UNDERSTAND OUR TIME IS VALUABLE. What in blazes name do they mean by that?

Telus Company Information