3.6/5 (623 ratings)

About Telus

Telus Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Telus?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Telus?

Original review: June 3, 2022

I want to give 5/5 stars to Al for a really positive, helpful experience with this representative from the loyalty department. I was trying to help my dad (he's in his mid 80s, me and my sister have to help him with a lot of administrative needs) with his Telus account, the many other agents before him just seem to read from a script, one of them even repeating himself 4x times within the time frame of 5 minutes, he would not let me speak at all.

That one hung up before he could be of any help, which I then tried again I was eventually connected to a representative by the name of Al. Al was very patient and knowledgeable and willing to help. With Al's assistance I was able to renew a contract on behalf of my father (who had been growing fed up of jumping through hoops with the previous representatives to get myself authorized). Al helped lift a burden off my shoulders. My father and I thank you for your sincerity, helpfulness, listening ear, knowledgeable answers, and willingness to see our problems solved. Thank you so much from the bottom of our hearts! Louis & Denny

Original review: April 2, 2022

Went into Telus Willowbrook mall Mar31/22 to purchase a new phone/plan asI had lost my I phone 11. Tyler T greeted me and shared his expertise knowledge of phones with greatness making me very comfortable now because of my lack of tech knowledge. Between Tyler and his boss Brandon they took the extra time to completely understand my phone needs. Wasn’t rushed which was awesome. They helped me get rid of Freedom Mobile which was a nightmare for them. Ending up having to change my phone number because of Freedom and having be frustrated by talking with 4 Freedom employees with bad customer service. Thank you Tyler and Brandon. I feel like I have met new Friends

Get buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 28, 2022

Just had a great customer service experience at Telus today. It was Dawn who helped me. She was so informative, focused and quick. She answered all my questions in a calm and positive way. I was a shaw client for more than 10 years. But miss them no more. I am a happy client at Telus.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2021

Hi! I am using Telus home Internet service since 2 years but this October my contract finished up and meanwhile I switched my Internet Plan to business account and Nhema ** TBS Fixed - Care TELUS Business Solutions dept. assist me beyond my expectations. She setup all the required procedures and helped me for the transition of the service very smoothly, Telus is doing great just because of real passionate associates like her. I will be with Telus forever and suggest everyone for gaining a pride to be a Telus Loyal customer ever.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2021

We signed up for Telus PureFibre to be installed in our home due a year ago. The contractors who did the work made a mess of the yard and we had to petition Telus to repair the damage. This process was a long one, but was elevated thanks to a conscientious call centre person and the supervisor who took it on. Polar Communications Inc took over and the job was done well. We're satisfied, and will soon change from Shaw to Telus to be our phone, TV and internet provider.

Resolution response: Sept. 19, 2022

Was able to get through and Telus allowed me to speak with their resolutions team which resolved all issues in only a few minutes. Was difficult to get through to them, but upon speaking with them, all issues were resolved in a very fair manner. Thank you!

Original review: Sept. 16, 2022

Trying to communicate with Telus Mobility customer service is very hard. It generally took more than an hour and a half to get through to someone. Upon getting through to a customer representative on three occasions, they needed to get someone else to assist and then said they would call me back. They never called back when agreed upon. We generally agreed to a 2 to 3 hour window the next day to resolve the issue. Issue was that they signed me up to plans that I was never able to get to work and now they are sending me to collections for not paying for these.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2022

They want to take all your money. I feel like scammed, customer service is not effective and not supportive. I am really disappointed with dealing with this company. It seems that their different departments are not connected.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2022

I had a plan for 3 GB of data and unlimited nationwide calling for $35/month. After a call with an agent, I saw that my plan was downgraded to 1 GB of data and is now $45! What is this service? I was not even notified of this, this is unbelievable! And this was after calling for an issue I really struggled to have resolved as well. I hesitate to give such a low review, but this merits it.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2022

Let's face it. If there were a cheaper alternative, we'd be using it, but sadly we're subjected to outrageous prices due Canada's poor enforcement of laws around monopolies. Honestly, had a terrible experience with Telus (and Shaw). Three times now, I've moved to a new place, booked a month in advance, just to be told there's some unforeseen issue technicians didn't anticipate and have to wait another month because all the technicians are overbooked. Yet when dealing with a smaller ISP like Novus, they were able to resolve the issue with no trouble. If only Novus was available everywhere. I would never deal with Telus again. Why are our ISPs trying to squeeze profits from consumers during a recession?

Original review: Aug. 25, 2022

I just got off the phone with Telus to cancel a home security camera I was talked into getting through my Koodo phone plan. Why do they feel the need to convince me I don't know what's good for me and insist I keep the product? Don't be pushy, it's tacky and not well received anymore. You're not a car salesman in the 50s.

Telus Company Information