1.06/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

320 Telus Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

I moved to Boardwalk and if I moved to new place, Telus would be free, the technician come on November 9 2018, he said problem with the box. I keep calling and when will repaired... and the agent said Dec 19, 2018 but not coming yet. It's too long. I tried to order a product of Telus... just only 3 days after order. The technician come to repaired and only 2.5 hours. The technician was not polite like I used to be... I have been a Telus customer for 9 year. Even the agent... I tried to cancel Optik TV and phone. The service still there... I'm planning to take another provider as soon as possible. Telus is not in my interest anymore for now.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

I called Telus January 9, 2019 to renew my contract. I have been a Telus customer for 8 years with 5 lines. I was offered the iPhone X 64 zero dollars with an 80$ plan plus Apple Care, the customer service rep provides me with my reference number and advised me I shouldn’t have any issues. Well I went to a Telus store and waited for over an hour to be advised the offer has expired, even when I called back Telus they were very rude advising me what I expected the offer to be forever I was shocked, they absolutely didn’t provide me any offer and advised me they could do what they want when they want. After paying this company for so many years over 4000.00 yearly, I couldn’t believe they don’t honor their word or at least offer something else to keep a customer satisfied.

Get expert buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

The phone service is ok but when we needed to schedule a tech the wait time is over 6 days. Not ok when the internet and TV are dead for that time period. I think they are prioritizing new installs over keeping existing customers happy.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

I called Telus to renew my Optik tv, internet and home phone contract for two years. I was left waiting on the phone for one hour with no option to get them to call me back. I’ve been with Telus for more than 10 years and came to conclusion they’re not as good as they used to be unfortunately. I am not happy with their customer service or their prices. They gouged me for many years and it’s time to jump ship and try another provider!!! I would’ve put zero star if this option was available.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

Got new pure fiber connection. Worked fine for couple of weeks, after that no internet. Called to customer care. They replied technician will come after 6 days. Can you imagine 6 days with no internet at home. TELUS if you don't provide a service do not add more consumers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Telus?

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

I recently changed provider, called to get final bill amount and month later get a bill still owe a balance. Have name and date who I talked to from month before and told there is still an outstanding balance due. I will never do my business with Telus ever again or would I recommend them to anyone.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

Anyone thinking of going with Telus do not. I had never been screwed like this before in my life. It was a back and forth game and had waited since Dec 4 to get cable internet and phone!!!! Guess what? Still to this day when the tech supposed to come he did not. My Rogers bill went from 247 to 330 because I had to raise my data up. Today they said they will send a tech tomorrow and this has been an ongoing game. Do not fall for their garbage because you will regret it!!! We even did a credit check which messes with our credit to find out our services kept getting pushed around!!! I will take this to a next level Telus!!!

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

I got Telus Optik TV package in September. Disappointed in customer service: 3 hours of waiting time on the phone. Customer help reps usually directly showed that they didn't want to help or resolve the issue. If they advised some products, it would not work out because they do not listen carefully. Later on I asked if they can give me my money back for the wrong advise, they said they will transfer me to speak with customer loyalty department and I had to wait another 3 hours. They don't know products and services themselves. Yesterday, on Dec 15, 2018 service rep did hang up on me. It is extremely rude and unprofessional. Their TV packages set up that it is almost impossible to understand what you are getting. I would call it terrible business and terrible unprofessionalism of staff.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

To everyone reading this got with Shaw instead of Telus. I'll try to make this quick. I got a new apartment with my girlfriend for the 24th of November 2018, I tried to schedule a move in installation on the 20th for the 24th and was told that I couldn't get an install date until Dec 2. On the second the installer came and said he couldn't do the install because the apartment office was closed but told me that he would call me back later to schedule something for the next day (so I took day off work). No one called, no one showed on the Monday.

I tried calling on the latter half of the Monday but was on hold for so long that I had to hang up as I needed to do something that day. I called the next day and spoke to a lady who ensured me that Telus's Mr fix it was coming (which I thought was strange) and could be there on Sunday, I had to tell her Sundays don't work because the office isn't open and that was why my last installation didn't work so she booked on Monday the 10th but she couldn't give me a time. I called once again on the 12th because I felt strange about not having a installation time and spoke to another gentleman who didn't ask any of the usual password or identification questions but assured me that someone was coming on Monday (no time given again) and actually told me to stop calling.

So I call on Sunday because this all sounds strange to me and I speak to someone who tells me that my original install on the second was never canceled so I have no upcoming installations, I'm also told that because it's a Sunday he can't do much. On Monday I actually drive into a Telus store this time and got an employee to look into it, she arranges for me to have a Friday install between 9-11, she also arranged for me to have a manager call me back. A manager does call me back an hour later but my ringer didn't go off for some reason, I try calling back but he is busy so I email him a very detailed message.

I then receive a call from a different manager the next day who ensures I have an installing scheduled for Friday between 9-11 and also gives me a credit (this was great). So now I am currently at home waiting for an install, it's after 11. I just got ahold of customer service and was told my install is booked for December 19 between 9-11. I don't know what to say. I've lost 2.5 days of work, hours of time spend on hold, over on my data because I have no internet. When I was with Shaw none of this ever happened to me but I'm stuck in a contract my girlfriend signed us up for. I guess we aren't a priority anymore.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

Telus representatives in Manila are very friendly but totally useless people. If looking for a wife I would definitely call them. But calling for help my 85 years old grandmother is better. Despite never having seen a computer before. Telus is going to lose a lot of customers. Unless those wishing to find a wife. What DISGRACE!!

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

Agents at this company for small business sales are not trained in the most basic of customer service skills. It took me 12 minutes to find out the status was exactly the same as the status was from 7 days ago. I have sent my personal information twice and have not received so much as a confirmation email. It's been three weeks and I am nowhere near to getting signed up. I canceled my ordered and will place it at another company that actually wants my business. What a truly terrible company to deal with. If they deal with new customers like this can you imagine how existing customer feel?

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

Telus is gone to crap. The customer service argues with you about what you use. They do not support the products they sell you. It's all lies. The only way to get your money's worth is to call and say your internet is not working right and have someone come out three times in a year then they will offer you deals. But to hell with Telus. I'm going to hell. Probably not better but not ** Telus bs.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

Telus offers incentives and discounts to get people to buy in to using their products and services, it is how they hold on to customers and sway customers from their competitors. Do not be blinded by these illusions of deals and incentives for what you will get in a short time deal, a somewhat cheaper bill or one time incentive, it is not worth it for the lifetime of stress, frustration, demoralization you will feel from trying to get Telus employees to help you with your reoccurring problems from their faulty products and services.

Telus employees lack in customer service skills and they miss the other point which is really to care about the customer. They say the same lines over and over again but with zero meaning, no emotion and no incentive to actually help you and make your life, and your services better, (they don't find a solution). They just continue to disrespect you. And they waste your time by having you call over and over again, and wait on them, and have them not fix the problem or take it seriously.

Further, there is a serious breakdown and lack of communication between departments at Telus, then when you talk to them they have no idea what you're talking about, as apparently no one knows how to make client notes or communicate between departments, they will even go as far as to try to act like you are crazy as there is no record they say of your complaints, or appointments scheduled at all.

This is where they will waste more of your time as you will wait for a technician to come to your house and none will come at all, you will then spend hours on the phone, getting nowhere, because they don't care about you and your life (what obligations you didn't attend to waiting for the Telus guy to come), they will try to act like you didn't actually have an appointment today and try to give you one for next week.

Whatever Telus, whatever. I'm done. Seriously people don't do it, don't switch to Telus. You want to know why the other companies are a bit more it is because you are paying for service, clearly something Telus doesn't have or care to have. Pay it, pay the difference, you'll be glad you did. I switched to Telus and my TV didn't work for 4 months, I can't get service, I feel like I need to take drugs just to deal with the stress I get from their customer service people. I'm counting down the days till I can be free of Telus.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2018

Walked into Telus store at Southcenter mall in Calgary. 15 minutes of Looking at products we were never approached by any sales rep. As we walked out of the store pissed off a sales rep approached customer walking in and asked if he could help. I approached salesman and said why are you serving him before us. We were here before him. He said that’s how it works. I told him he’s quite rude to customers.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

I was promised a good deal but I have to call a number to get the deal. After installation, I have been bounced around many times for hours for the past few days and still haven't reached anyone. I greatly regret switching to Telus now. Don't do it.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

We went for a month holiday to Europe and got message after message about how wonderful Easy Roam is for $12 a day. So we did sign up for emergencies. We have an iPhone and contact most of our friends and kids on iPhone or WhatsApp. I had roaming and data use blocked! I did not use Easy Roam at all and was surprised to get a bill for $48 for 4 days of use! It was explained to me by Telus, that any i-message to another iPhone where the receiver is not on wifi gets sent as a text message and that it counts as using the Easy Roam! So I paid for 4 text message, sent on wifi from my iPhone unawares, $48! A real rip-off!

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

Telus technician in our area is great though he must feel like a one legged man in an ** kicking contest trying to stay on top of failing, old, infrastructure. Telus is the only internet provider in the area in which I live and therefore there is no incentive for them to spend $ on improvements to customer service. Sure they'll offer discounts but these don't help with submitting my kids school work. Internet access has become an essential service and the Govt must mandate that service providers provide reliable service at a fair price.

Telus has it nailed in two areas though... empty promises and abundant apologies... most of the apologies are from folks that have no clue what they're apologizing for nor knowledge of the services they're supposed to be "supporting"... how could they when I suspect they're located in some well removed foreign country; communication in English is often a complete joke. I could go on. Telus you need to do much better.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

I keep track of my credit score. I noticed it dropped and the culprit? Telus of course! One of the months they had no payment made and didn't update my balance as well. So, naturally I called and I was pretty miffed. The reps know nothing about credit scores or payments. I sent a scathing email and threatened the Consumers Protection Act. A company can be fined up to $250000 for fraudulent or inaccurate record keeping. I received an email from Carol shortly thereafter, stating she straightened out the confusion with Transunion. My credit score went up!

I'm still not done with Telus because they're still doing things wrong in my view. I get an ebill on the 14th or 15th of every month. I don't have to have that bill paid until the 6th of the next month but they still report the balance usually a DAY after I get my ebill to the credit bureau. I'm done with them when this contract is up in 6 months. They can kiss it.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

I lived in many countries, but worst ever is telecom provider is Telus. I faced two issues - spoiling credit score, high bills. For 20 dollars, they spoiled my credit score. Hopeless people, not sure why credit bureaus in Canada take data from these fraudsters. Telus in fact uses credit score as a threat for collecting wrong charges from customers. I received a bill of 350 dollars, I was having an old 40 dollar postpaid plan. I was using Koodo from Telus for nearly 2 years, and I was charged as I called a toll free number without knowing that they are charged.

Later I came to know that even toll free are charged and there was a plan which Telus offered unlimited calls for the same amount I was paying. It was horrible experience talking to call center, they behaved as if I committed a big crime and 350 dollars was genuine charges. I felt cheated to be with this stupid company for two years, and canceled my connection immediately. They spoiled my credit score and charged me heavily. I hope these stupid guys fail.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

I paid $330 for what amounted to dial up service. Every time I called to complain, they told me there was nothing wrong. I was getting 1MB of upload speed and was told "that doesn't matter" by some little girl in a third world country that has no understanding of my business. I can't tell you how many times I called to get help, how much wasted time waiting on hold. Abysmal service. NEVER choice Telus.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

I am on hold after canceling services July 23 2018. I had internet phone cable. it was ridiculous calling in to manage my account over 2 years of service. I will never use Telus again. Hold times are an hour to 2 hours regularly. Because most times only a Telus manager can help. ** and ** regularly helped me but were so swamped with calls they could reply often. I spoke to Carey July 23. Told her I'll pay the final bill as of today's date (July 23) and canceled all services. She sent an email with final balance confirming I canceled. I paid it immediately. I was adamant I didn't want any more bills from that date. Sent back all equipment. But I received bills every month since. After receiving the first bill in August I called Carey 3 times. Left voicemails. Emailed her as well. No response. I got a second bill.

I called and emailed Carey and Joe. No response. Then 2 weeks ago I called a friend who works at Telus and then I got a missed call from a lady named Tory. She says please call her back at **. No dept. No extension. Nothing. So I hate calling them because it's always looking waits. So it's taken me 2 weeks to put time aside to call. But today when I called it only took me 28 min. which is lightning fast because they say I went direct to loyalty dept. Ridiculous. I use Eastlink now and love it. My longest call was probably 28 minutes but I even doubt that. They run like a normal company should. Now Telus promised they will delete my bills up to July 23... we will see.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

I had to spend an hour on the phone to Telus regarding their billing practices. My mother's phone was cut off due to nonpayment. She hasn't received a paper bill in three months. The Telus rep said they had sent an email regarding the change to email billing. My mother is not computer literate and she doesn't use e-mail. The change to 'paperless' billing is greenwashing at its best as long as the green is the dollars in Telus' hands.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

Let me start by saying that the only reason I got involved with Telus was because a cable and internet package was being offered for FREE as a lease-signing incentive at my previous apartment building. The service was included with the apartment, should someone sign a year-long lease. Just in case I didn't make this clear enough already, the service I agreed to was to be FREE FOR A YEAR. Telus made it real easy to sign up for the incentive. There was a number to call so you could leave your name, phone number, and suite number. I got a phone call back within a day, and a technician was setting up my services within a couple days. The technician was great, but I found out that he is just a contractor used by Telus, he was not actually employed by Telus. At this point, everything seemed fine.

Fast-forward a month, and I receive an email saying my first bill is $140. I assumed that was some kind of administrative issue that Telus would sort out on its own. After all, there was an entire apartment complex (400+ units) with the same services being offered. Fast-Forward another 2 months. I get another email from Telus telling me I have 10 days to pay over $300 in bills and no-payment charges or it will begin to affect my credit score. So now I call in, and I wait on hold for over an hour to sort it out. The man I spoke with couldn't figure out how to fix my bill. He could not wrap his around that I owed Telus nothing for the service. He eventually got it down to around $43. I paid it simply so my credit score would not be attacked. I hung up the phone in awe, that I just forked over $43 to protect my credit score from a service that was advertised to be free.

One month later, another bill arrives. This time I phone in and get someone competent on the phone who fixes everything for me and actually acknowledges that I had been wrongly charged. The stickler though, is that I had to wait 2 hours on hold first. Come to the end of that year long lease, I phone to cancel my service with Telus (huge shocker, I wait on hold for 2 hours again). At this point I have no desire to continue business with Telus if it is coming out of my pocket, as they had been nothing but a pain in my side throughout this "incentive". In my mind, Telus has now wasted close to 6 hours of my time, for a service that was supposed to be included with my apartment. At this point I am quite happy to be rid of the Telus headaches. Boy was I wrong.

Telus charged me another month after my cancellation, and they now mail you a box with packing instructions to return-ship their equipment. Well it's now 2 months later, that box has never showed up and I get another email saying how it’s my responsibility to return their equipment or I will be charged for it (at an incredibly high cost by the way). So once again I sit on hold for over 2 hours, to speak with someone incompetent. She basically just tells me to forget about Telus' box/shipping instructions and just to mail the equipment myself. But even though Telus never provided me the box and shipping instructions, I will still be charged for the late equipment return. So not only do I have to pay to return their junk, they will charge me late-fees anyways. They sent the email informing me that I will be charged a whopping 5 business days before the 'deadline' on said email. Amazing.

How is it possible for such a large company to conduct business so poorly. And the truly troubling part, is that they can use the threat of your credit score to force you to wait on hold for hours on end to rectify their mistakes. How is that even legal? To summarize my opinion on Telus I would say that their service is poor, their ethics are repulsive, their business model is borderline criminal, and they have without a doubt lost a customer for the remainder of my natural born life. Whatever service you may be considering with Telus, find another provider. STAY AWAY.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

I closed my account with Telus in 2012 and lived at the same address another until 2016. Never saw a bill from Telus, as far as I was concerned the account was paid off and closed. Recently, 6 years later I'm receiving calls from a collection agency and emails that I owe Telus. I called and spoke to the manager and she has insisted that there's a balance owed on the account but cannot explain why they waited 6 years to make any collection efforts. Anyone looking for telecommunications services don't even think about Telus. They have ruined people's lives. Bad company, I pray they go bankrupt as rumors are going around. They don't deserve anyone's business. They fabricate Bills.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

My Telus Prepaid status has always been in good standing. I had over $100 in my account. On July 24th 2018 Telus sent me a text message stating that on Aug 26, 2018 Telus will automatically enroll me in a monthly $10 a month plan and deduct the $10 from the funds in my Prepaid account. Please be advised that I did not ask nor request the above – Telus did this. Late Sept 29th I pulled my vehicle over to check my received voice mail from a relative telling me a family emergency has come up and to contact him at once. When I tried calling him a Telus message stated that my balance has expired and I can't use my phone. I immediately put my car in gear and things went from bad to worse.

I will explain this when I submit my statement of claim against Telus. I feel that Telus did this to me in bad faith because I'm a low priority customer to Telus. When I needed my phone the most I could not use it due to the bad faith greed committed by Telus – I did nothing wrong or in bad faith – Telus told me I am automatically enrolled in a plan and Telus was to take the $10 from my Prepaid funds. I did nothing wrong – this horrible situation I was put in was 100 percent initiated by Telus lying to me and cutting off my phone.

This is what I will do next. 1) Start a website to share my experience with others and encourage others in the same situation to consider a class action lawsuit against the purposeful bad faith actions committed by Telus. Add a GoFundMe web link to cover court costs. 2) Contact the consumer affairs departments of media outlets like CBC, CTV, and Global and explain what Telus has done to me in bad faith. Encourage viewers that have been treated like this to visit my website. Contact every consumer web forum. 3) Contact the CRTC and file an official complaint. 4) Contact an attorney to see how strong of a case I have against Telus' bad faith practice and sue for damages that will be explained in my statement of claim.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

Telus recently purchased the phone and internet provider for our business. The migration to Telus is at 5 months and counting. 4 different reps from Telus have made contact and assured us that they will get it done. They continually offer more and more discounts. On the original install, 5 months ago, they did connect the internet, but the installers said they didn't deal with phone and that I needed to call Telus. 3 reps/5 months later, still no phone and no answers as to why. Also no bill or account has been setup for the internet that is running. I'm still paying the original service provider this whole time even though it is past their disconnect date. This is the worst service I have ever experienced. Most definitely a monopoly buying up all the small fish as they've also purchased my alarm provider recently. If I had any other option, I would take it regardless of price. The fight continues. :-(

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

Totally frustrated with Telus. Received a text about one month ago saying that my 250 texts/$5 was going to be obsolete and I would be transferred to a $10 plan. I responded to the text (called in) and have since spent approx 4 hours on the phone with 2 different personal representatives. I have asked to speak with a customer service manager, but have yet to do so, even though I was told on 3 separate occasions one would call. I was told my phone would not work, you could no longer get the 250 texts (which by the way was for outgoing texts when I signed up... The last few months it is for in and out. Don't know when they changed that!) In order to keep my Telus number I needed to go to a $10 plan. For something that I don't need! As it stands... They gave my husband a different deal. He could keep his 250 texts for $5 but had to add 5 min talk for $3. I really think it is all a sham to sell! Greedy corporation... Looking elsewhere.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

I been with Telus now for years. I got a text today saying they want another 3 dollars a month to keep the plan going that I have. But I get another full 5 mins of talk time (60 cents a min) lol. Wow. Telus are gone to greedy. I have 3 cells through Telus. But at the end of this month I am so done with you guys. You keep the 3 dollars your stealing from people. I guess you need it. Lol. Worst company ever. I will never deal with you again. You are greedy pathetic company. I hope you go bankrupt like you should. Greed will get you nowhere. Im kind a glad you took this so I could get to the point where I don't want to deal with you again because it's been nothing but trouble from you since I been with you. Always take a bit a change here and there for nothing... Rest in peace you greedy pigs.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

Absolutely awful service. I’ve been on the phone for nearly two hours nearly all of it on hold. I’m trying to find out why I can’t Optik TV where I live and have to rely instead on Telus’ terrible satellite service. I live a five minute walk from downtown Victoria, BC, not in the middle of the Northwest Territories but Telus can’t give me a coherent answer about its pathetic service in my neighbourhood. I’m also trying to find out why it took 9 hours to upload a video to Vimeo last week but they don’t have an answer for that either. The “customer service rep” put me on hold while he claims to be getting me an appointment but I think he’s hoping I’ll just hang up. Telus, I spend over $250 a month with. All you do is raise your rates for the terrible service you provide. The CRTC needs to intervene and force you to develop Canadians.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

If you buy any Telus home services, plan on spending at least an hour on the phone waiting for service any time you call. They do surveys, but do not bother to change their service. Try to find another provider that walks the walk of good, accurate, prompt customer service not a company that only talks the talk and then drops the ball EVERY time.

Telus Company Information