Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.39/5

Unsubscribe at any time.

Telus Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Telus?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Telus?

Original review: April 11, 2020

Could be cheaper but the customer retention people are great! I have been with Telus since cell phones first came out. They have always been very helpful when it had been time to renew, although I hear newer customers don't get the same treatment.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2020

At the beginning of Jan/2020 I contacted Telus mobility and talked to Cecilia. I told her I have a cell phone (actually a flip phone) that I only use for emergencies. I had asked if telus would extend my one year expiry date to two years. She checked my records and saw how little I use the phone. She recommended a plan more suited to my needs. She said she would call me today to confirm what we had talked about. Just talked to Cecilia a few minutes ago and plan is now a go. I certainly appreciate her taking the time to save me money. With this new plan my $100 should last approx. 33/34 months. I’m a very happy telus user.

Get buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.
      Original review: Nov. 29, 2019

I have to say that agent was so very awesome I can’t even express how wonderful he was! He had helped me and had gone above and beyond his job duties and actually was awesome and amazing person to chat with. I really wish I got his name. That man needs a damn raise!! I cannot express my gratitude enough with all his kindness and help! Even the lady who had set me up with my phone lines was also amazing! I vote TELUS all the way! Amazing customer service providers for real!??? ❤️

Original review: Sept. 26, 2019

Just wanted to give a shoutout to Dave **! After finally getting thru to the fix it division they had said that they could only come out on the Sat between 3-5... however when we originally had our Telus equipment installed a great guy Dave gave us his number after completing his installation. He gave us his number to call anytime - he came thru for us on the same day! With grandkids arriving, it was crucial... as well as not going over our cell data with no wifi!! He’s awesome! Telus give him a raise!!! He’s a service technician, home team! Thank you SO much Dave!

Original review: Sept. 23, 2019

My kids just got new cell phones. I asked for no data on their phones and was given a plan for each phone. Then within a month, I get an email from Telus saying I had a $50 data charge. I was confused and called Telus telling them that my 12 year old daughter's friend used her phone and must have turned the data on. The rep was extremely friendly (his name was Marvin). He put me on hold for 5 minutes and then came back saying that they had credited my $50 dollar data charge and recommended that I switch to a cheaper plan for my kids that was better suited to them and would block all data. I accepted and in 2 seconds got an email confirming the new plans and that my $50 charge had been credited. I was very satisfied by customer service and will stay with Telus Mobility.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2020

I can't wait for contract to end! I've had nothing but trouble. And Very Expensive! Every time I call, not only is there usually a long hold time, I find service to not be entirely helpful. And their warranty really sucks! You not only pay a monthly charge, you pay a lot to get it sent in. And when I did it cost me a lot before I sent phone back. And when it couldn't be fixed they sent me a comparable phone because my model was unavailable. I hated the phone!

Original review: Sept. 6, 2020

Regrettably, we had our home security contract with the 5 star Alarm Force taken over by Telus. We got a notice from Alarm Force advising us this was happening, but never heard a word from Telus to welcome us, tell us if our contract was unchanged or to coordinate billing. About 2 weeks before the formal transition date, our back door sensor stopped working (not the battery). We called Alarm Force, they told us it was not a Telus issue. After finally finding a number to call Telus, they advised there was nothing they could do until the contract date. Several back and forth between companies finally had Telus agree to have it fixed, after the start date.

When the tech finally arrived, he said the system was too old (10 years) and he couldn't repair it. So back to customer support. They indicated a new system would be installed...in a month! So 2 months with a non-functioning system. Since we needed a new system, we decided to upgrade to a smart system. We could select from multiple devices and one we choose was the video doorbell. When the tech arrived, he could not install the main key pad at the door entrance as he needed a power source (Alarm Force had battery pack with 10 year minimum charge so could put it anywhere). He also could not install the doorbell camera as ours was wireless and power was needed for the new one.

We asked if he could come back after we fixed those issues. Yes, but we would get a service call charge. So we had to figure on-the-fly compromises. Really would have been nice to have the sales guy tell us all this while we were on the phone with him. Then we got our first bill. It was at the lower rate of the non-smart system. I called billing services and after an hour wait, I was told I would see a correction on the next bill. Well 6 bills later, no change, but then get an email saying I was in arrears on payment. Another 90 min wait to find out it was their billing error, so we got that corrected.

Finally, after 9 months under Telus contract, I called to ask if we would ever get our "welcome package" of security monitoring signage to post on doors/windows. After yet another 60 min wait, the associate said a package was on the way. She warned I would see a $35 charge on my bill for the package, but this would be offset by a credit. Low and behold, the charge shows on the bill, but no credit. So 90 more minutes waiting to be told I should ignore the bill, I would not be charged the $35.

When I logged into my account while talking to the agent, sure enough, it said I owed the normal amount it the payment box, but the .pdf invoice stilled showed a total owed with the $35 added. I asked for a corrected invoice showing the credit and was told I shouldn't worry if I'm only expected to pay the lesser amount. Having learned you cannot trust Telus business support, i am insisting on a corrected invoice so this charge doesn't come back to bite us in future. I still gave a 3 as, so far, no issues with the actual monitoring team.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2020

We have been loyal Telus customers for many years and across Canada. Today I called them to tell them we were moving into a new home that already has internet access and they tell me it's going to cost us $10 a month for the next 10 months because we have a contract. I am absolutely flabbergasted that they get away with this nonsense!! We have no choice but to pay it off and I guarantee we will NEVER be Telus customers again!!

Original review: Sept. 1, 2020

Some time ago I caught Telus red handed over charging me on my monthly bills. They denied it and forced me to go thru every charge and every phone call, which showed them charging me for fake services. Their client retention people talked me into staying and gave me the money back. Then I signed up for a 2 year phone contract with a new phone. After 3 years they were still charging me for the phone. I called in to find out why and they had the nerve to tell me it was up to me to cancel it. And that they couldn’t reimburse me for the years worth of inflated payments they took from me.

After I jumped up and down and threatened to go public they credited me the money. But changed my plan So that I am over billed every single month. And then when I’m over my data limit they cut off my service until the end of the pay period. Even though I have never missed a payment. I also had a roaming plan for holidays in Europe and one in Cuba, neither one worked as promised and when I complained no one would call me back but they kept the money. Telus is a horrible, dishonest company to do business with. We need the government to open up competition to allow honest businesses to compete with these thugs.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2020

I called for my billing issue. The waiting time was almost over an hour. They just play the music and will say sorry for the delay. I don't think they understand the value of time. It is so inconvenience to pay the bills online if it's a corporate account.

Telus Company Information