3.5/5 (611 ratings)

About Telus

Telus Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Telus?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Telus?

Original review: Oct. 15, 2022

I will make this short, I bought a phone from them 2 years ago on a plan and it started to act up, this is a second line for me and only used for text and the odd call and was paying around $30 a month. For the last year I have to shut the phone down and re-boot it just to read messages and as the contract is up in Nov 2022 I asked them if they could get me a new phone if I stayed with them, the answer is yes but we are doubling your bill, no loyalty after being with them for over 12 years. Telus Mobility sucks.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2022

Chose Telus Roaming for US at $12/day for 15 trip. 50% of time no signal or spotty. Called tech support and obtained better service. However, no adjustment on poor signal service. Spoke to Customer Retention: no adjustment on cost, but attempted to upsell different plan. Finally admitted the present plan was best. Disappointed with hardline approach on offering discount incentive for substandard product.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2022

My alarm provider sold his company to Telus/ADT and I had an amazing service and was connected to Garda World Security, the top security company. 1. Telus never contact me after they bought my previous provider 2. They disconnected my alarm account 3. When after 3 days to try to talk to the right person, they reactivate my account and they told me it was exactly like my previous setup. Without my approval, they switch me from Garda World to their poor Telus Security… 4. An Alarm started and nobody called me… Be careful and don't go with Telus/ADT for your security.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2022

As Telus passes on to its customers credit card charges for using credit card for pre authorized payments I went to the store in person to get help to change pre authorized payments in a manner that will spare me of those extra charges. I did not have a photo ID on me and that was end to the conversation. No ID, no talking/help. I offered them to log into my account, to call Telus and use my PIN code, to verify when I started with them and telling them my plan details, show them card I pay them with, let them call me and verify my phone # is the same as is on a file. To no avail. No ID, nobody care to help.

When spoke to the store manager, Ayan, she just added numbers of "nos" to the above offering and pleas for help. When I told her that last times I was to that store people were more kind, she started attacking me that I was "offending," her. When asked what was the offence she replied that I said that people who helped me in the past were more kind than her and therefore I was telling that she "is not kind." I told her to stop twisting my words and assign labels to them inappropriately. That her being unkind to my needs is not offence but perhaps something she can work on. No help, accusation and absent customer skills.

Called Telus, 1 h 15 min wait time, same answers. So, it is OK on a phone to provide your PIN and be considered right person but in a store despite giving date of birth, address, PIN, log in to your own account and phone in my hand they can ring and verify is not OK. I'm totally puzzled. If that is your policy, Telus, change it and accommodate your customers. The main reason I came to the store is still unsolved. (((

Resolution response: Sept. 19, 2022

Was able to get through and Telus allowed me to speak with their resolutions team which resolved all issues in only a few minutes. Was difficult to get through to them, but upon speaking with them, all issues were resolved in a very fair manner. Thank you!

Original review: Sept. 16, 2022

Trying to communicate with Telus Mobility customer service is very hard. It generally took more than an hour and a half to get through to someone. Upon getting through to a customer representative on three occasions, they needed to get someone else to assist and then said they would call me back. They never called back when agreed upon. We generally agreed to a 2 to 3 hour window the next day to resolve the issue. Issue was that they signed me up to plans that I was never able to get to work and now they are sending me to collections for not paying for these.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2022

They want to take all your money. I feel like scammed, customer service is not effective and not supportive. I am really disappointed with dealing with this company. It seems that their different departments are not connected.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2022

I had a plan for 3 GB of data and unlimited nationwide calling for $35/month. After a call with an agent, I saw that my plan was downgraded to 1 GB of data and is now $45! What is this service? I was not even notified of this, this is unbelievable! And this was after calling for an issue I really struggled to have resolved as well. I hesitate to give such a low review, but this merits it.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2022

Let's face it. If there were a cheaper alternative, we'd be using it, but sadly we're subjected to outrageous prices due Canada's poor enforcement of laws around monopolies. Honestly, had a terrible experience with Telus (and Shaw). Three times now, I've moved to a new place, booked a month in advance, just to be told there's some unforeseen issue technicians didn't anticipate and have to wait another month because all the technicians are overbooked. Yet when dealing with a smaller ISP like Novus, they were able to resolve the issue with no trouble. If only Novus was available everywhere. I would never deal with Telus again. Why are our ISPs trying to squeeze profits from consumers during a recession?

Original review: Aug. 25, 2022

I just got off the phone with Telus to cancel a home security camera I was talked into getting through my Koodo phone plan. Why do they feel the need to convince me I don't know what's good for me and insist I keep the product? Don't be pushy, it's tacky and not well received anymore. You're not a car salesman in the 50s.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2022

I have been dealing with crappy internet for over a month and each time I use the internet it is less than 1mb a second. Even thought we are supposed to be getting 5000 mb a second and when a technical person on the phone tried to fix it it made it 10 times as worse. Don't use Telus. Use legit any other internet provider possible.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2022

Salesperson promised 24 months plan at $135 monthly for 3 lines. The billing department will charge you 27 months. The first 3 months they will charge you almost full price. They said because the discount price takes about two months to apply for my accounts. So end up I have paid two months for regular price then have 24 months for the discount price. But the salesperson never mentioned full price monthly charge for almost three months. Those 3 months addition to the 24 months is hidden cost. Be careful before you sign up the agreement with Telus.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2022

I renewed with Telus and was offered a good bundled offer via phone call for my mobility, home services and security accounts.

1. I never received any documentation including contracts, invoices, bills or anything except for the odd text stating I had a huge balance owing. I thought it was a joke but they disconnected one of my mobile phones and I have no record of account numbers, invoices.
2. CCTS was not helpful citing that contracts, invoices, service delivery are not part of their mandate.
3. I contacted the press, CCTS again to reconnect my phone which my elderly father uses. It's been a few days and not a peep from them. I even contacted the MP in my area.
4. Is it legal to disconnect without notice? How about not providing contracts, invoices or bills and no access to the Telus portal.

5. Security services never worked correctly from the start. Even had a murder next door and our cameras couldn't help the police as the Internet was not sufficient.

This is beyond frustrating and a key reason we need to bring in the big players from the US to make the service quality and prices better. I never had an issue with pricing, happy with what they gave me for the past 2 years. 3 cell phones, 1.5 GB Internet, Optic TV (Pic 21), Home phone, Security services all within budget.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2022

This once was a good company. Now they do not deserve one star. They break agreements. Create errors etc. But that is not the biggest part of the story. I have been with them 20+ years. They have a system that allows a call back and they apparently decide which days to enable it. Last few times - had to wait on hold over an hour because they could not be bothered to enable a system that lets you get a call back. That shows you how much they hate their customers. I am hold as I write this 1 hour. A billing mistake of $72. Their fault 100%.

On hold over an hour twice last week. They are in front of the CRTC this week asking permission to clip customers for additional fees to pay by credit card. Unbelievable. These are the same customers they screw over by not having enough employees to answer the phone -- for billing -- putting people on hold over an hour. Sure credit card fees. Best advice is stay away. Get a bargain basement crap company that has garbage service for the cheapest you can pay. Why pay a premium price for the top three companies to charge you extra to treat you like crap? A small reseller can treat you like crap for less.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2022

I have issues to clarify with my account balance before I will pay the monthly charges I have. I need to talk to a live customer service rather that a chat in the Telus website. I called the number 186655822873 and been on hold been on hold from 3:30 pm up to 5:45 pm. The chat icon as well is not helpful as well and cannot answer my queries.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2022

Months ago, Telus came to upgrade our security system. They were using ADT their new acquired business, to do the job. They showed up and did a partial job. The 2 men said they would be back to complete the job. Since then, no follow up, no calls, no emails, nothing. I have called every week to find out what is happening. No one at Tekus knows. They didn’t even know the names of the men that came to my house! Finally they found the project manager of the job. He didn’t even know the names of the people that came. He said he would follow up- guess what- he never did. I keep getting calls from Telus asking what I want. When I tell them they say they will look into it and get back to me. They never do. They just call again, and ask what I want. There is no way to talk to anyone in the ADT division of Telus. They say they are doing it, but they aren’t. No one is scheduling anything.

I use ADT in Florida and it’s run much better than Telus. You actually are given contact people who know your file and installers. What really concerns me too- was who were the installers? If Telus can’t figure it out- that’s a big concern for me. It now concerns the safety of my property and family. DO NOT USE TELUS AND ADT for your security needs in BC. You will waste so much time with people that have zero clue how to help. A manager named Jolee keeps calling me with no answers. It’s so annoying.

Original review: July 25, 2022

Why do we have to try explain a problem to a bot. There's no replacement for a human being to the answers you need because a bot only asks you 4 questions and cannot help with anything else. Try to get past that bot to speak to a person is almost impossible. HATE Telus helpline.

Original review: July 11, 2022

I been long happy customers of Telus, I have three brand new Iphone 13 s, two year contract, tablet+2. I have two older Iphone tens sr, I got telus home security, I lose my job and then wake up my phone and the people that are under my plan got cut off. No notice, no phone call, no email, I’m shocked we could have came to a conclusion. I get paid every week and I could have paid the bill in two or three payments. I’m shocked and disappointed, telus helps with one point four billion dollars and I can’t get a break, thanks telus. We were best friends now I don’t even want to look at you.

Original review: July 10, 2022

Telus fails to acknowledge or correct billing errors, in fact the Burnaby office got sassy. A poorly managed company. Told to fax, then told to phone, told to write a letter, circle jerk. Telus has no intrusions of correcting billing errors.

Original review: July 8, 2022

Internet here in Telus is so slow. I can’t even enjoy watching movie and play games 'cause it’s always lagging. It sucks like hell. I always have to reset it and even though I reset it it's still slow as heck.

Original review: July 5, 2022

We’ve been a client of Telus for a couple of years we went with their fibre service. The real problem can also renewal. I wanted a bit better deal as they “automatically” raise the rates. I spent hours waiting for the customer retention people. It’s like they were doing me a favour and I just had to wait for them to get around to dealing with me. It’s insulting all those wonderful ads yet no follow through. Now because I can’t get through to anyone we are going to have to go with SHAW. SHAW is actually a bit cheaper and now has better specifications but we just did not want the hassle of changing - But it’s a lot better than trying to get through to Telus.

Original review: July 3, 2022

We live in rural Keremeos BC. Telus has been out installing the fibre cable in our complex. The crew has long since left after running the lines to everybody's house here. The problem is I'm trying get the service activated. The call takers and other staff are telling me it will be coming soon. Telus's own staff doesn't know it has already been installed, nobody seems to know anything about it. Way to go telus, before we even get to use it we're all pissed off. The complex next door is using it and Telus is in denial, sorry but it hasn't been installed yet...?? So when do we get some competent service?

Original review: July 1, 2022

Telus has a virtual assistant that can't direct or read messages properly. Customers want to speak to actual people. The hold time after wasted time with the virtual assistant is usually 1 to 2hr wait times. Put on hold several times through call because the staff isn't trained properly to answer questions nor do they have any authority to help or fix anything outside of their 5 guided notebook steps.

Also Telus has a safety feature to stop robot calling. Thus forcing the caller to press a random single number to get through to you. Which is awesome. It has stopped many spam calls. The fault in it is that Telus robot calls you. Therefore, they can't get through to you because of the safety code number required. Their very own safety protocol ** them over from giving call backs because these idiots are going all virtual assistant and no longer are willing to give actual honest customer support. So whomever is in charge of their digital age programming should be fired for absolute stupidity. So I will be billing Telus $500 a month for virtual assistant issues, and for every 5 minutes I am left on hold to speak to a representative until they bring back customer service. Billion dollar company, billion dollar **.

Original review: June 29, 2022

Ended up losing my job so I called in to have my cable turned off to keep my bill manageable. Unfortunately they wouldn't disconnect my cable service until my bill was at zero, after two months of only being able to make partial payments my service was suspended, fast forward two months and had an outstanding bill of 600 which I cleared. I was told my services would be reconnected so I waited a few days and nothing happened so I called back and they told me that my account was disconnected due to lack of payment and to get it reconnected I would have to pay an additional 234 for a disconnect fee that would be credited to my account after I resumed service so on my next pay period I put 240 on my account and waited for my service to resume.

It was turned on for two days then it was shut off again, so called back in and asked what the deal was. I was told that I would have to put an additional 234 on the account for a disconnect fee and it would be credited to my account when I showed them that I made that payment the week before I was told that I was charge for the previous months' services when I stated that I was told before that my account wasn't suspended but disconnected hence the disconnect fee they were unwilling to help what so ever unless I paid the additional 234. So in the end I paid for two months of service I didn't receive cable included which I wanted turned off 4 month previous and didn't use and was billed for both a month I was disconnected threw and a disconnect fee. This took over a month of calling back and forth and nothing was resolved besides Telus robbing me of money. Look for a better service provider their customer service alone makes it not worth it.

Original review: June 14, 2022

I have contacted customer service over 4 times this week to connect fibre optics. All I have been told my address is not eligible for copper to Fibre Network, yet I am a customer and get bills from them. Nothing gets resolved just get transferred from department to department. The worst thing I did was switch from Shaw to Telus. Will be going back to them when my contract is up.

Original review: June 3, 2022

I want to give 5/5 stars to Al for a really positive, helpful experience with this representative from the loyalty department. I was trying to help my dad (he's in his mid 80s, me and my sister have to help him with a lot of administrative needs) with his Telus account, the many other agents before him just seem to read from a script, one of them even repeating himself 4x times within the time frame of 5 minutes, he would not let me speak at all.

That one hung up before he could be of any help, which I then tried again I was eventually connected to a representative by the name of Al. Al was very patient and knowledgeable and willing to help. With Al's assistance I was able to renew a contract on behalf of my father (who had been growing fed up of jumping through hoops with the previous representatives to get myself authorized). Al helped lift a burden off my shoulders. My father and I thank you for your sincerity, helpfulness, listening ear, knowledgeable answers, and willingness to see our problems solved. Thank you so much from the bottom of our hearts! Louis & Denny

Original review: June 2, 2022

So here is what Telus has done. You had a crew out yesterday morning working on the main poles in front of my property. However they screwed up, they left the line running from the main pole to my house hanging just feet above my driveway where anyone could grab it. You could then not send anyone out until this morning to fix it.

Your technician got to my house only to inform me he could not do anything because the line was a shaw line. So telus did something that caused my shaw line to hang dangerously low over my driveway and then refuses to correct their mistake, instead telling me that shaw will have to repair it. Now because of your poor work I still have a liability hanging b across my driveway. Shaw cannot come until tomorrow and they require that I am home. As I work in a different city I now have to miss a full day and shut my shop down in order to wait for Shaw. Telus's recklessness and poor ethics are now costing me several hundred dollars. It must be wonderful to be a company that can damage another companies service and be completely absolved of any responsibilities to correct YOUR carelessness.

Original review: June 1, 2022

This company goes on and on in its advertising about caring for the customers and the "Telus family" and yet this service they provide completely opposite. You are immediately transferred to an offshore line where the person may not understand your English and whose main job is to try to sell you some other plan. If you ask for the onshore line you will end up waiting at least half an hour. Then the representatives are disillusioned and snappy. This is supposedly a Canadian company and yet it is treating Canadian consumers as imbeciles. We deserve better telecommunications regulation from our government. If it is a Canadian company they should be employing Canadians onshore. Please deal with their competitors.

Original review: May 28, 2022

Was offer 4 mobile plans at a great rate without any additional hidden fees. Sim cards sent to me with plan rates nowhere close to what I was offer. Also with all the fees, they said it will be remove. Gave me the run around to have it fix. Still waiting on how to return these sim cards without getting bill for it.

Original review: May 13, 2022

Wait times are unreal. No solution to unwanted texts from Telus. No one to help find solution to this problem. Quit sending this message. No data service. I do not use data. Telus needs a supervisor to help solve these issues. 3 different t.

Original review: May 10, 2022

I requested transferring the business account on Mar. 30 2022 and didn't get any result or answers till May 10 2022, I think it must be longer. The customer service team kept saying, "The department which is in charge of your case is going to contact you within 48 hours" at least several times but I never get any call from them. My case is still going and I will never ever use this the worst stupid company and also never recommend Telus to mine's.

Telus Company Information