Metro PCS

Compare Cell Phone Providers

Research top Cell Phone Providers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I called Metro because my service was suspended and I was hung up on twice... And then I got the unsatisfying glory to have a rude sales rep by the name of Eddie. I explained to him that I made a payment and my phone was off. He went on about a balance from last month. I said "Eddie when does Metro let you owe a balance". He said "well it's a glitch sir." I said not my fault. He said "use common sense sir." I said "you are aware that I am a customer and that's no way to talk to a customer." Asked for a supervisor and he put me on hold for ten mins. and his higher authority wasn't any better... Never take the cheap route out esp Metro PCS... Horrible!!!

Do you want a quality phone? Don't come here. Do you want decent reception? Don't come here. Do you want value for your money? DO NOT COME HERE! I've been with Metro for over 3 years, and I can proudly say that I'm about to switch away from them momentarily. Do not get me wrong, because there was once upon a time where I didn't have many problems with them at all. Their reception wasn't the worst in the world and for the most part the customer service was decent. However, most of that has horribly changed. For over a month there has been a supposed "Outage" going on where people's phone signal and data just randomly cuts off. For nearly a month I've been unable to hold a 30 second phone call because the signal randomly drops nearly 30 times a day. (Maybe more) I'm not able to get online either. For a short while I thought it was just my phone, until my lady purchased the exact same phone and is now experiencing the same problems.

Am I seriously paying these morons $60 a month to not be able to hold a phone call? Is this seriously how incompetent phone companies are these days? What a shame. I only give two stars because MOST of the customer service I get is friendly and attitude free, but it obviously doesn't excuse that this is a poor excuse for a phone company. Here's some advice Metro... GO AWAY! Disband your company and go fade into obscurity since you can literally do NOTHING right. You will NOT be missed...

I downloaded Google Hangout and phone (LG Stylo 2) refused to allow app access...Due to "Screen Overlay Detected." So I went online. Did EVERYTHING I was advised to do to no avail. So I called the store on Congress St. in Portland, Maine. I said hello and the clerk started yelling at me he was busy and to hurry up. I lost it and asked for the Manager. He yells at me "I am the manager!" So I tell him "How dare you talk to me like this. I've been a customer for over two years. I bought this phone from your store and I expect you to help me!" His response: "I don't have time for your American problems!" and he hung up. So I called Metro PCS Corporate offices and said "I want my phone fixed and I want your Manager to apologize or I'm walking across the street to ATT." I was put on hold for over 15 minutes. So I hung up and called ATT and am now here filing a complaint.

The Metro PCS rebate is the worst I've ever experienced. I paid cash for my upgrade, but the rebate card only allows you to make purchases. You can't get money back from the rebate cards you receive. So they control your money which is a joke. I should decide what I want to do with money. I paid so it's cash I want to get back.

I am 64. I have been with both major carriers and other no contract carriers... all surpass Metro PCS hands down. I never had such poor customer service. Trying to just get in touch is extremely difficult till they recently added live chat. Finally the gentleman was kind. He gave me a discount on the next billing cycle. He said he switched towers. But it is by far still the worst service I ever had. I never wrote a bad review before... but I would never recommend this company. I accepted a free phone so I will remain with them for a year to be fair. But it is grueling endurance at best. Do not use them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Metro PCS?

When MetroPCS says unlimited data they are lying. They say that after 1 gigabyte I have used my limit of my gigabytes and now my phone runs slower than a snail's crawl. What about this is unlimited? I used to love MetroPCS when I lived in CA. I am so disappointed in MetroPCS. When I bought this phone (Galaxy S7) I wanted an iPhone S6, I was told it was $650 so they switched me to the Galaxy S7 which they quoted the price was $450, so I went with Galaxy S7. Then when I picked up the phone I was told it was $650. They knew I wanted the iPhone. Why didn't they give me the iPhone? I was so befuddled with changes in price and the changes in other things, I couldn't even think straight. But they knew what I wanted from the beginning. Why didn't they do the right thing and give me the iPhone?

Metro PCS sold me a phone and service in Midland MI, which is 75 miles from where I live. Cost for phone and service was $134.00. I got the phone home and it wouldn't work, not even with my WiFi. I took it back down to Mount Pleasant, and it worked fine inside the shop. I brought it back home and it wouldn't work at all. It took me another week until I could afford gas to get back down there, but then it was too late for a full refund, so they just bought my phone back for 30 bucks. I was out $104, which is huge money to me right now. Their policy is stupid especially for an inferior phone service that doesn't work anywhere up north although they act like it does.

Please don't get a phone through Metro. They don't go into details while purchasing the phone. Meaning you have to pay for the phone upfront. Also while paying for the phone you're going to pay for rental of the phone. I must say I will never, I mean never deal with them after this. Will go back to Sprint. At least you can have service wherever you go... stay away from Metro PCS please!!

I switched to Metro 2 1/2 years ago and have always had great service at a great price with no complaints from me. The people in their stores are always very helpful if I have a question. My husband recently joined my plan too, and he loves it. He got a great phone at 75% less than other carriers are selling it. I really don't understand why other people have complaints.

I bought my phone on April 3, 2017, in Springfield Missouri and the employee talked me into getting the phone by telling me it was shatter proof and that he had the same phone for about a year. And it was a good phone and as long as I don't drop it from a two story balcony on concrete it would be fine. He said that they offer insurance and I said well I couldn't afford it at the time. And he said I really wouldn't need it because the phone was shatter proof and that the warranty covers everything else. I had my mom and sister in the store with me when he said these things that day and a little over a month after I had it I dropped it in the grass while walking with my granddaughter and the glass shattered... I called the 800 number and they said being I shattered it that my warranty was void. That it doesn't cover water damage or the glass being broken and being no insurance that would only give me $10 off my next phone bill.

I explained that the employee lied to me and I have witnesses and they said it didn't matter. So I called the location I bought it and the guy was really unprofessional and rude to me. When I asked why he lied and quoted back to him the exact thing he said to me. So I hung up. I have now a broken phone and can't get it replaced because I can't afford to and Metro PCS won't do anything.

The wife and I bought three phones from our local Metro PCS 04/2017. The first month we tried to pay the bill and the online service would not take the payment stating, "Add your zip to confirm payment" over and over. The next morning my wife looked at the bank account. Metro pcs took $1000.00 for a $138.00 bill. It took a couple of days to get the money back in the account. Now this month I tried to pay the bill and the bank account reflected they took the money but my phone has been cut off for the past couple of days and now they have refunded the money so no service.

I believe now this metro pcs is selling people phones then they pocket your money and you're stuck with worthless phones. What a scam. And I bet my wife and I are not the only people that have gone through this with metro pcs. I went to the local metro pcs office to pay the bill and explained to the employee what has happened over the past couple of months. His response very rude and did nothing to solve the issue. They were no help at all. Calling their corporate office did nothing to help, oh boy was that a challenge to get them on the phone. PCS = (purposely crappy service).

Service is basically unresponsive since the first day, thought it was just adjusting. Systems keep crashing, any and all apps close out on own accord. Don't get service when there's a store 0.1 miles away. Traded phones 2 times in past 2 weeks to try and resolve problem to no avail. Would not recommend to ANYONE...

Too bad I had to give them one star. I would have given them less if I could. I went to Metro PCS at the mall in Las Cruces New Mexico and bought my wife a phone for Mother's day. I tried to pay by credit card and was told it was declined. I then pulled up my Cap One app on my phone and showed the girl working that the charge DID in fact clear and I still had plenty of credit left. She tried again and failed. Out of frustration I gave her another card. It went through with a promise that my other card would be refunded by midnight. Tuesday came and still no refund. I called and was told I needed to bring bank statements and credit card statements along with my receipts. A big hassle but I DID as they asked. When I got home I got an email saying Metro PCS tried charging my card again.

Now I'm pissed and go to take the phone back. They would not do a refund because my wife talked on the phone for 1 hour and 9 minutes. That's 9 minutes past their policy. I still have not got a refund fund and we are stuck with a phone from a company that sucks. 199.30 has been charged twice for one Metro PCS phone. All I get is excuses and no money back and no refund. How could any be with a company like this? Never again will I spend a dime at this horrible place and am switching her to Cricket or any other phone company today. You suck Metro PCS!!! And with poor customer service and crappy policies you always will.

My customer service representative was not the problem, we were good. She text me and said it was customers like put a smile on my face! So I text back that it was customer service like hers that gave reassurance my phone company has my back when I need them, and I can count on them. I was out of town 3 states away on a 19 day trip for my job. I was getting paid in 2 days and my phone was due 5-15-2017. I called and asked if I could get an extension till Wednesday, 5-17-2017. The representative made this work, changed my plan to a different bill date.

Due to the late payment of 24 hours or so I was charged for those late hours, I don't see that being right because I am paying 30 dollars on the 17th for that whole month so it is charging me 9 extra dollars for a plan that is $30 a month. I am running into my new payment cycle so the late day was getting paid for with that payment. Double payment, I was prepared to pay some fee that was taxed for the inconvenience. I really am on the road, hotel to hotel without a phone. I was trying to avoid that a lot can happen in a split second so I was not trying to be without communication at all. I was informed that I would not have to pay it right then and it was going to be added to the $30 payment that would then be $39. On the 17th there will be no suspension and we were both on the same page and hung up the phone stayed on all the way till 5:30am.

On 5-16-2017, as I am walking into work I cannot use my internet, call, text. Time was all wrong I mean talk about could have made me late to work had I been counting on the alarm. I call and the robot tells me I owe $9 and that I cannot be connected to customer service because of the bill and then proceeded to inform me that even if they were connected to me there is nothing customer service can help me with until the bill is up to date.

I get on another phone and call the 1-800 number and they are detouring me at all requests I was trying to open a new account, directed to an online step by step page, I asked to upgrade the directed me to go to a store near me. That is how I ran into this interesting information. There is enough people with such illegal representation from all parties involved from the first phone call to the to customer service and the first meet with a store representative, who they do what they want and conduct themselves. That is how Metro wants to be represented, and the face for them it truly is a crime going on directly and indirectly. I propose this to be in effect I propose a class action lawsuit if one has not been set in motion then it needs to be.

I purchased 2 phone. Submitted both rebates. One they tried to send me less then I was supposed to get the other. They denied a week before my cards are supposed to be sent out. I put the rebate through in Jan. It takes 6 months to dial someone then I call and they lost my information that was put through. Approved me for one phone but they have a different receipt on file. How to approve a phone that doesn't match the receipt submitted but deny the one? That does sounds kind of shady to me. Every time you call they have some type of excuse. Get your customer service together and stop promoting stuff if you can't follow through with it.

On May 3rd, 2017, I went to MetroPCS located on 2424 Lebanon Pike Nashville TN 37214 to purchase a phone for a child. The MetroPCS employee advised me that they have a plan for 30.00 monthly with no contract, so I thought that would be perfect for the child. I purchased the phone and service, however, I noticed the phone number she provided for the service was a non 615 area code number. I asked the employee for a 615 area code number, but she advised that they did not have a 615 area code number at the time.

The next day I went back to the same store and spoke with the store manager about changing the phone number and I explained to him what happened. He said he would change the number and he would notate on the account to waive the fee for the number change since they did not have any 615 area code phone number available at the time. Now, the following day on May 5th, the phone service was suspended due to "past due balance". When I tried to contact customer service I was not able to connect to a representative since my service was suspended. On May 6th, I went back to the phone store and requested a refund. The employee refused to provide me with my refund. She stated the phone had over an hour of talk time.

At this point, I said to her and showed her the written policy on the receipt. The receipt stated per MetroPCS return policy, "The device must be returned within 7 days of purchase with less than one hour of talk time for a FULL refund." I told the employee that I wasn't requesting a full refund, yet she refused to refund any amount. She advised me to contact their customer service for further assistance. I pleaded with her to contact customer service since I wasn't able to reach any representative. She finally contacted them and the representative advised that I will receive partial refund of $60.00 within 3-5 business days. 3 to 5 business days later, I have yet to receive my money. I've contacted the store and customer service, either parties want to refund my money. No resolution!

I used to think that Metro PCS was a good prepaid cell phone company until they tell you in person at the stores something and then it doesnt happen and dont give you a full 30 days of services when you pay for it! I paid $95 for 2 weeks of services and all they tell me is "terms and conditions" fine print BS! Also the $60 rebate per phone number when you upgrade, I upgraded 2 phones and they said in person I'll get a $120 rebate back and only received 1 $60 rebate and when I call to see why they again talk bout the fine print "Terms and Conditions" BS! I say so the people at 5th store told me different story and all They could say is "I'm sorry they gave you wrong information" WTF! Really?! All you can say is your sorry?! Well maybe all Metro PCS employees need to have a meeting so everyone is on the same page! I will NOT recommend Metro PCS to anyone with all these fine print BS!

Went in for my phone acting up, have insurance on the phone. Was told I need upgrade, no repair. So I bought new phone for $99.00 which added up to be $123.00. Took phone, first problem, the girl could not transfer info from old phone to new. Took it home, It would not download correctly from play store. It then began dropping all my calls. I could hear but they could not. Then phone calls began being unclear and voices were muffled. Went back to store today for the 3rd time and again no help. Clerk says I cannot get refund because it was an upgrade. This is ridiculous. By the way I have only had the phone 3 days. I am stuck with this lousy phone with no help. I am a senior and can't afford this. The store is on Ed Bluestein, Austin Tx. Manager is Sam ** but he is never there. I met him once.

I had to buy a phone because Metro said they didn't sell batteries anymore...Lie. I bought a LG MS210 Aristo phone that had an 80.00 rebate March 11, 2017. The employee said the rebate would be two weeks for the rebate on a visa card. I entered the rebate online 3/11/2017. It's May 5th 2017, I called and Metro said I would have the card by the ninth of May. I get an email that says it will take 30 days to mail. I called up and asked, "Where is this being mailed from China?" "No CitiBank, USA", in which they informed me Metro just put in for the rebate 5/10/17. So really its 2 1/2 months for a rebate maybe.

Next I go to pay using my Wells Fargo Chip card as usual for my monthly bill. Declined over and over. Called Metro and it seems Metro CANCELLED ALL Wells Fargo Chipped cards. REALLY! So now I have to wait a week for them to RE-CONNECT the card Metro/Wells Fargo. Then I can make the payment. Next I work in Waterford I can't get ANY bars at all. There are 20 employees, five of us have METRO which is crap. The rest are Verizon and AT&T they get reception. The bottom line: The employee's at Metro don't know what they are talking about. They just want to sell you the phone and be done with it...lies be damned. When you call Metro they will tell you they don't have the power or the information to know the why of your problem/issue...it's just the way it is. Complaints Metro doesn't give a damn about that either. Switching to AT&T. I've been with Metro for over 15 years...done with it.

Moved from Verizon (10 years of price increases) to Boost Mobile. Spent first 2 year dealing with poor 4G LTE coverage. Final 3 years going back and forward with Sprint engineers trying to resolve signal issues. Jan 2017 moved to Metro PCS, where I have 4G LTE coverage (full bars) plus I get unlimited voice, text and data for the same price I was pricing to Boost Mobile. All the users out there complaining about Metro PCS, this is prepaid (no contract), if you don't like the service move on to another provider or a contract provider.

I was in the last day of my billing cycle when I decided to upgrade my data services. I called to change my plan after they got their $124 monthly payment, I received a text where they charged $14 more. This is a prepaid service!! I spoke with a customer services representative and she said that the system generated this charge because I was in the middle of my billing cycle when I changed my plan!!!! I previously had Cricket so I switched because it was cheaper for data and phones but at the end they screw you!!! They never told me there was a charge when changing plan and they say "no hidden fees!!!" They say it is a little expensive even though I had already paid for the plan I upgraded to. Why charge me later and not let me know while I was making the upgrade...

Incessant dropped calls on major interstate corridors. In a one hour phone conversation with my wife, who is traveling, the call dropped a minimum of 10 times. I use a different provider and get LTE or 4G service everywhere except Western Nevada and Wyoming. Not bad considering I drive across the United States for a living. Her Metro PCS never works anywhere. It's consistently terrible, and she actually pays for it. We're fairly certain that it's because T-Mobile, the singular worst provider in the nation, bought out Metro PCS, which was good when I had it in the early 2000's prior to the buyout. If we could give it a negative 5 stars we would. If you want reliable pre-paid unlimited service take a look at the provider that starts with a 'C'. I've had stellar service with them nationwide and stream movies and videos in my truck almost everywhere.

When I purchase a phone from Metro PCS they said I would receive a rebate for the phone. I purchased. Did everything necessary to receive this rebate. Then it was denied after two months and then when I called to find out what happened the representative told me it was an error on their part. My rebate was reprocessed again and yet again I was denied because my phone does not qualify for a rebate after the representative told me I did. That was the reason they reprocessed it again. Metro does not honor their rebates at all and it's sad they continue to get away with it and it's false advertising on their part!!!

Lost or applied my payment to a wrong account. I have been with METRO PCS for over a year and haven't had too many problems till now. Made an electronic payment through my bank to them and they have no idea what happened to it. My bank and I have spent over 5 hours with their customer service, which by the way seems to be in India, to no avail. They do not understand an electronic transfer nor do they have an fax number where my bank can fax proof to them that they received the payment. They told my bank and me that if they find it they will post it within 7 days and my bank told them that was not acceptable as there was proof that they had received it... In the meantime I am planning to change service providers and never recommend METRO. They weren't rude but very condescending as if it was mine or my bank's fault they lost my electronic payment... DO NOT GO WITH METRO.

Metro PCS can not say they have nationwide coverage. All of Wyoming, Nebraska and most of the north central states do not have data and cellular coverage. West Virginia and Virginia is extremely spotty. And they want to go 5G by 2019... fix your service first.

I purchased 10 cellphones to give as gifts to family back in March of 2017. When I was in the store, they told me I could receive rebates on five of them. They gave me a little form and told me I complete it, or go online and complete it. I did that, submitting the photos and copies of the receipts, etc. I waited and waited, and; was denied, reason being, I can only receive 1 rebate, per account, per address. Note, the form does not state this, nor the people in the store, because my salesperson specifically told me that I would receive a certain amount for the cellphones. Now, before I knew I had been denied, and that Metro PCS is not going to give a rebate, if at all possible, I'd purchased 6 more phones. Well guess what, I will be denied for those, as well. I think this rebate center is being run like an insurance company, in which they will deny you for any little thing.

16 phones, and I was denied for my rebates. Only one rebate per account, per address. I wasn't even approved for ONE of the rebates, in that case. I was denied and told if I re-submitted them, with different addresses, I would be denied again. The supervisor at the rebate 1-800 number, Tito or Tijo, said I would not receive rebates and should not waste my time. I called the store that I purchased the phones from and she said she was not aware that that was a stipulation, and has never shared that information with her customers. She also stated she has had people to come in and use their rebate cards, but they'd only purchased 1 phone. I am so displeased and upset, but there is nothing I can do about it!

Simply the best. Don't know why anybody would go anywhere else. 2 iPhones, 1 more phone, 3 lines, unlimited data text. You name it it's all there. 147.00 month. No issues, no contract, we've been using them for over four years. AT&T is in competition with Sprint to be the absolute worst companies ever.

I paid my bill on 4/21 and have bank records to prove it was paid. Metro PCS sent notice they were going to shut off my phone for non-payment on 4/28. Called and after 26 minutes spoke with an agent who said it may take 10 working days to process a check. (Really?) Promised me a 48 hour extension to locate the issue and gave me a fax number to send the bank info. After exactly 15 attempts to fax info, all coming back as busy, I tried to text the bank statement but to no avail, my and my wife's phone were shut off 12 hours later. I have tried over 20 times to contact a human at Metro PCS to no avail. They have my $85.00 and I have no phone. They may be the cheapest cell phone provider and now I know why. Yes I switched providers and will pursue my $85.00 from Metro PCS. Updates to follow.

I just got my service with METRO PCS two days ago and I'm very unhappy with it. The call and message service has been fine so far. But the internet service sucks. It's really slow.I got the $60 a month plan for unlimited 4G data. But I can't tell it's 4G. If your think about go with them don't do it. I'm going back to Straight Talk. So go with them or someone else. Just don't go with Metro PCS.

I'm going to keep this very short and just tell the basic. I bought a new cell phone from a Metro PCS Corporate Store on Feb 2, 2017. New phone LG Aristo and new line (given a Metro number). A couple of days after I submitted my rebate for my new LG Aristo, it took them about a week to denied my rebate. Reason - receipt wasn't valid. I didn't understand that reason because I submitted the receipt they gave me. They emailed me and said to mail a copy, I did that and they sent me an text stating they received my receipt.

Two weeks later I decided to check my rebate and noticed they denied me a second time. Reason IMEI could not be found. I photocopied the IMEI number again and resubmitted it, every time I'm denied they start overstating it takes 12 weeks. Checked again two weeks later denied again and this reason according to their records, on the activation date of the headset the service line was not eligible for a Promotional Pricing Upgrade. This denial I think I understood, I was denied 5 to 6 times and they dragged it out all the way to April 26, 2017 which was my last denial and the end date of this promotion which was April 5, 2017. They have it to where I'm sending in my rebate when the promotion is already over instead of having it as their mistake for denial in the first place.

I went to corporate at the fourth denial and they were confuse and called them while I was there. And the rebate office told the corporate office on April 24, 2017 that if you don't submit the information correctly you will be denied and that she will submit it herself and to wait 12 weeks. It only took them 2 days to denied me for the last time. I never seen anything like this in my 52 yrs on this earth. After I have done my research I've learned that Metro PCS has been doing this for years not giving customers their rebate and getting away with it. If this problem is not solved by May 1st, 2017 I will switch companies right along with my 4 children, sons and daughters in laws.

Metro PCS Company Profile