1.86/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

Metro PCS

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 15, 2017

1265 Metro PCS Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

Phones don't work properly. Don't stay charged. Overheats. They gave me one month free and expect for me to buy another phone. I asked them to give me a whole new phone. I've been complaining about this phone after I purchase the phone. I pay my bill online. I want two new phones.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

I been with Boost Mobile for over 200 yrs. I just recently switched to Metro PCS only because my son just got home from the service and he needed a phone, so they said "switch and you'd get new free phone." OK so I did, why I did that? I wish I never did. Service and customer service is horrible. I can't call the Free prayer line which everyone can call this line because it's free of charge, but not Metro PCS. They said it's not in my plan, smh wow! It's not costing these clowns **. I pay my own bill and if it's a free conference line what differences does it make if it's not in my plan. It wasn't in my plan for Boost either, but I could call when I got ready to call, so I only been with them for 4 days and me and my 10 family members that just switched will be going back home to Boost Mobile. I wish I never left in the first place, cheap ass Metro PCS!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

Metro PCS claims to have unlimited, blazing speeds. It's the biggest lie. Whenever I want to get online it's almost impossible. If I want to watch a video it's impossible because it stops every two seconds. When I try to download a file through email it could take an hour or longer.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

I dropped my phone and my screen cracked, after being on hold for nearly 15 mins, and the second call I was at first told they could not tell me a fee. I would have to take it to the store, after I called the store they told me they could not fix the phone w/ out insurance, then when I called customer service back, they said they don't fix screens at all and I would have to upgrade. What phone company does not repair phone screens, they leave you no choice but to buy a new phone from them.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

Metro PCS 9Th st s. e. Roanoke VA. 24014. The staff has very little if any knowledge about the phones. My Sim card locked me out, I forgot passcode. Well I did not see clearly and try analyzing the problem. All the associate had to say was, "Guess you need to buy a new phone for $25." Well I do not have paper like that. I calmed down and thought of customer support (611). It took all of 5 minutes for the fantabulous lady to guide me in the task of unlocking my phone!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Metro PCS?

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

I live outside Austin Texas and signed up with Metro PCS Cell Service in May 2017. The first month of service was great and then it all went downhill! While I like Metro's Cell Phones pricing their cell service is terrible! Constantly being told people on the other end cannot hear me, my call is breaking up or dropped calls! It is not just once in awhile it is constant! This morning calling Metro PCS customer service the rep could not hear me and I was breaking up!!! She asked me to go to a window to make the call clearer! I had to go outside, once again, for my call to work! I'm sure my nosey old neighbors love listening to my calls. Makes their day!

I would not sign up for PCS service EVER! Spending this month finding new phone company! Buyer beware when paying for this service. You will constantly be running around your house to find the spot at that moment someone on the other end can hear you! Maybe if I attach TV antenna ears I could use my service throughout my whole house!

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

My wife decided to try Metro PCS on her galaxy phone. When Metro PCS activated their server it would not work 1/4 mile from our house. We made several trips to the office. They wanted our actual address so they could put something in our area to boost signal. Never happened. Wasted our money. Finally went to Straight Talk. Great service. Should have went to Walmart first. By the way read the small print. THEY DO NOT REFUND YOUR MONEY as long as your phone works at the store.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2017

It is impossible to actually talk to anyone at Metro PCS. They have no Customer Service Department. If you want to comment to them about a service or store issue, you are out of luck. Deplorable in this day and age, or any other day and age, for that matter. Will never recommend this company to others as a result, and will be discussing this issue with my economics students.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2017

I was a customer of Metro PCS for a while and loved the service. However, one day at work, I received a text message that said: "A change is made to your account. If he did not make this change. Please contact us immediately." So I did contact immediately. When I spoke to the rep that they asked me for my high security password, I did have a password, but it had never been phrased as a high security. I gave them my password that I had always used and they told me it was incorrect. Even though I had verified all the information on my account. I believe that this was fraud since I received the text and I have not made any changes to my account. Also, my service was shut off at that point. They told me what I had to do was go to a Metro PCS store, show an ID and they would give me the password.

So after work I went to a Metro PCS store, gave them my ID and I was told by the store this was not something they could do there, but I have to call Metro PCS. I then went back home, called Metro PCS. Told them what the store told me and they told me the information they gave me was incorrect, that the store should have been able to give me the information. They then told me I needed to go back to the store, ask again and then tell them to call Metro PCS so they can explain to them that this was something they could do. I received it to go back to the Entropic store. They looked at my account and told me my account was fine, all I need to do was make a payment and everything was fine.

So I did just that. Made the payment. However, after making the payment, my service never came back on. For the 4th time I call Central PCS to find out why my service was not on after making the payment as their store instructed me to do. Again, they asked me for the high security password. That I don't know and I never changed. I told them everything that happened to the store after going 3 times as they instructed me to do. I told them I was over this. All I wanted was my payment back that I made that, apparently I never should have I have ran around to 3 different stores, asking all the questions they have asked me to do and I have gotten nowhere. Product_Or_Service: LG /K20/Unlimited. Account_Number: **. Consumer's Desired Resolution: Desired Settlement ID: Other (Requires Explanation).

I would like my payment of 71 dollars and 66 cents that I made on 8/21/17 refunded to me. As I made the payment and my service was never turned on until I come up with some password that I never changed and have no idea what it is and have been running around from store to store, doing what they've asked me to do, I have left Metro PCS and opened a contract with a new company. As a hotel manager who deals with travelers who come over from India. Never again, if this isn't resolved.

BBB Processing: 09/17/2017 web BBB Case Received by BBB. 09/18/2017 HERN BBB Case Reviewed by BBB. 09/18/2017 Auto EMAIL Send Acknowledgement to Consumer. 09/18/2017 Auto EMAIL Notify Business of Dispute. 09/21/2017 BBB MORE INFO RECEIVED FROM THE CONSUMER: Spoke to 2 customer service reps. The first one told me a refund was no problem but we got disconnected. The 2nd rep told me the only thing he could do with my money I was owed was apply it to an account. However I don't have Metro anymore so what good is that? So it's apply it to an account I don't have or just lose it.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

This is a big complaint. Your manager at the Downs Rd store was very rude. I asked for help because my phone was slow. And your manager. Which come on y'all must not pay much because y'all have the worse managers and employees. They are rude. They don't feel like waiting on you. So I explained and said, "I don't like this phone". And your rude manager said, "Why did you get that one?" I said, "Because it's the one on sale. BOGO with Samsung". Well as the girl was fixing it the so called manager told her to give my phone back and not to help me.

I've called supervisors. The girl should be fired. And I know y'all won't do anything about it. So of course I'm going back to Cricket. Very nice people. I should have known better to go back to y'all. And I'm going to get as many people I can to get out of your rude store. Because y'all obviously let your management call people bitches stupid and anything they want to. She threaten to call the police. YOu can look on your cameras and tell me what I did for her to call the police. I am suing for harassment in your store. And y'all won't do anything about your POOR MANAGEMENT! And don't think I can't. I've talked to the police and a lawyer for harassing me the moment I walked in the store.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2017

I have been with Metro PCS for less than a month and it has been nothing but problems. Today I received text messages that someone was trying to figure out my security and then another that changes had been made to the account and that if I had not made them please call 611 so I try calling 611. You can't get a live person unless you tell them you want new service so finally get a person on the phone. By this time my phone has been disconnected for the 3rd time in less than a month and I'm already irritated then they inform me someone must of changed the name on the account and security info so they won't attempt to help me unless I come in with photo. I'd find I'm standing in front of the store that doesn't open till noon which at almost a hr of being on the phone to be told this.

It is 5 min till noon so I go to show the guy my phone and the messages and explained the problem and gave him my ID. He says, "Sorry there is nothing I can do as the name on the account doesn't match the ID. Because someone changed the name on the account you should just order new service," he says. I told him, "I have had that number for 8 yrs. I ported it in when I came to Metro PCS. He says, "So it's just a phone number. Just send out a group message on Facebook or something giving them the new number or figure out who changed it so you can get their security info and then I can fix it at this point."

They gave enough clues. I suspected my evil??? stepdaughter so I go on a mission get her to confess and give me security info. So down to the nearest Metro to try to fix this and she's like, "Oh there's nothing I can do to help you. You're just screwed. Order new service." I threw a 2 yr old temper tantrum but finally got her to call Metro and although I was still made to order new service and pay for a new account I was at least granted my request for my phone number. So I will ride it out for the month but before my bill is due I will transfer to someone else seeing as how that's just one of my issues. Metro is a nightmare.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2017

When I first got my phone with Metro PCS I had them make sure I got service where I live because I live out in the country so they checked it and said I would definitely get service out at my house. Well they were wrong. I can not get phone calls, texts, or internet out at my house so I discontinued my service with them after the first month... 2 months later I decided to go back to the store and reactivate my phone. I got my phone told them about the problem and they said to go back home and call a number they gave me and told me to do a signal reset. So I did the signal reset and it worked to where I could now at least walk out to my yard to get service.

Now the very next day I'm getting texts from Metro saying my service has been deactivated and I need to pay my bill. So I call customer service and they said they was sorry for the inconvenience and they will try and get it fixed right away. Well I waited 1 1/2 weeks for them to finally figure out the problem after I called every dang day. When they finally fixed the problem I asked if they was gonna compensate me for not being able to use my phone for 1 1/2 weeks and they said they would cut my bill in half when my next payment was due so it should have been 36$.

So when I go to pay my bill they say I owe 72$ and I told them no I didn't that I only owe 36$ because I was compensated for not having a phone for 1 1/2 weeks. So the clerk called customer service and asked them about it and they said that they had never said such a thing. I even still had the text message saying my bill was due on September 10th for 36$ and they said that they have nothing to do with the message... This company is a huge joke. Save your time and money and go somewhere else!!!

Original review: Sept. 17, 2017

Today was a terrible day for my business. I am a tattoo artist working next door to Metro PCS. An employee comes down to my shop claiming he can increase my business as we were standing outside. I was polite and dismissed the conversation because he was wanting paid to "promote" my shop area 51 tattoos in Plainfield Indiana. Unfortunately I rent an older commercial unit, and things never work right. Today right before opening I was unable to get in because the door isn't quite right but it locks fine. Problem is it locks me out at least once a month.

If you jiggle the lock and kind of kick lightly at the bottom... Eventually after 30 minutes I am usually able to get in. I did get in but after being humiliated in front of everyone's customers who were outside watching attempt to get in my shop. The middle of Saturday afternoon. The client I was waiting on never showed up. After I got to thinking he came out of Metro PCS and made his appointment saying he just got a new phone.

So the Metro PCS guy comes to my shop videoing the door comes into my shop videoing everything saying how I'm going to give away 100 piercings!! Which is a promo plan of mine. As I sit there in total shock he puts the camera in my face and says he's a little mad today but come on in and see??? By then I was furious and online and speechless and humiliated.

He then says there's a lot of people watching you right now... I'm sitting there trying to comprehend what is going on. They booked and appointment came in filming while I was waiting on him not showing up, humiliate me then walks out the door. I was I complete shock... He comes back in and I said, "What were you doing???" "I was helping you out..." I was like that was not cool and he immediately walked out.

The owner is a Muslim and tattoos are against their religion... Since I am a Christian they went far out of their way to smear my credibility globally humiliating me. PCS has no number for complaints and you cannot talk to anyone for issues. I am going to address the owner Omar and assure him this will not rest... I am going to report them to the BBB.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

On August 4, 2017 I subscribed to a MetroPCS services with my existing MetroPCS phone. When MetroPCS agent finished messing with my phone, she asked for me to pay that I did, she handed me my phone and said, "You know your phone battery is dead but your service is on. Go home charge your phone and start using your unlimited service." I thanked her and left the store. I went home, charged my phone and try to make a call and received "Thank you for calling MetroPCS. I can see your phone is not registered with our company but don't worry I have a solution to get your phone registered." The solution was for me to call 1-888-8METRO8 or go to MetroPCS authorized store, but mind you they made it impossible for me to even reach their customer service.

Okay next day I went to a MetroPCS authorized agent. The girl fumbled with my phone for a while, then called their customer service after a long while she said, "The phone will start working in 30mins." I waited 30mins, tried to make a call, same problem. She grabbed the phone, called customer service again after she told me to go home the phone will start working in 72 business hours. It's 8 o'clock, she had to close shop. I said ok and went home.

Next day still no service. I borrowed a friend's phone, called MetroPCS customer services. They kept me on the phone for more than 2hrs and finally said "You need a new SIM card" to that I asked what was wrong with my SIM card. He claimed the SIM card is now dead. It's now over two weeks without service. I went to an authorized agent store, bought a new SIM card. She inserted the SIM in my phone with the exact same problem. She called customer service came back and told me, "You need a new phone," to that I said ok and provided her with a different MetroPCS phone. She put the SIM card in the new phone same problem. I noticed her anger and frustration, took the phone back from her thank her and left.

Next day I called customer service with my friend's phone, same problem then they told me to wait 5 business days for them to write a report and come up with a solution. I waited for five days still no solution. To make a very long story short it's been a month and two weeks since I paid MetroPCS for a phone service and still have not made a call with the service yet. My advice, try any other company before METRO PCS. Right now I'm using Simple Mobile and never had any major problem with them.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2017

I like the price that I pay for my services. The phones that they offer at times are crappy phones and you end up paying out of pocket to get them replaced on more than one occasion. I feel that this is on them and it should not be on the consumer to have to pay but one time for a dysfunctional phone.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2017

This company has good coverage and great value. All features work great and the pre paid value is great on the budget. I have used Metro for more than 6 years!

Original review: Sept. 10, 2017

I am thrilled with the service I get from Metro PCS. I have used most of the big companies, but they don't seem to be working very hard for US. I see many commercials bemoaning the amount of minutes they get. For $50 per month I have unlimited time online. Also, my phone is a HotSpot and I can use the HotSpot to get my laptop online no matter where I am. I only wish I found Metro PCS years ago.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2017

You get the right amount of usage for the best price. Price beats almost all the other carriers. Service is comparable and you can increase the service depending upon usage for a minimal charge. Family plans are better along with free phones to start service. There are more stores than any of the other carriers as well.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2017

A year ago, I closed my Metro account. Recently, I went online to reactivate the account and turn the phone back on, however I ran into a problem. Once they secured the $50 payment off my debit card, I was advised by customer service that the phone was on another account and could not be activated. Finally after 2 days I took the same phone to Cricket wireless and they activated it. On the same day Metro sent me a email saying my phone was now activated and ready for use. When I contacted Metro they said I would be refunded the deposit. Now fast forward 2 months later. Metro PCS advised me I lost that deposit and there is no way to get it back. The customer service agent explained some crap about data (which I never used) then hung up on me. I will NEVER do business with this unprofessional company again.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2017

Metro PCS have very poor reception. I do not liked this phone at all. It doesn't message right all phone calls & message drops. The apps mess up when you are looking for something and you can't get on Internet when you want to. You have to turn your phone off and on several times in order for it to work. I learned when you need extra minutes they will charge you $5.00 or more, if you don't pay it right away they will cut you off. Thumbs down on this phone. I had my phone two years. When you want to upgrade you pay just as much when you are starting new service. No discount at all. If your phone is broken you have to pay $50. When I was with a different carrier my phone was broken and I didn't have to pay at all. No more of this phone again.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2017

Why spend the money the big boys charge when you can get excellent service at a very reasonable price! Fantastic customer service too! Forget AT&T and Verizon!

Original review: Sept. 8, 2017

We have had Metro PCS for several years now, we like the idea of unlimited talk, text and internet. We used to have a contract with so many minutes each months to share, we seemed to go over every month since if you talked 1 minute and 2 seconds, it got rounded up to using 2 of your minutes. We will stay with Metro PCS as long as they continue to give us great service and the monthly charge is reasonable.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2017

They are a pretty good company--my son got me hooked up with them and I love it. I have a smartphone now at the age of 71. Never thought I would have one.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

A. I cannot utilize their 866 number at all. They can't lookup my account because either my zip code magically doesn't exist, or my phone number. B. I can't actually pay for services and my bank says they're sending the money back. They charge me extra when I go into the store to pay my bill. The people who worked at my local store said that it was an issue with the microchip debit cards that most all banks issue now and that MetroPCS has not yet upgraded to be able to handle them. I couldn't use the MetroPCS app for payments like I should have, at least post chip-card issue.

C. They always ask me for a pin that they never gave me and receiving that pin requires successful navigation of their customer support and/or having my phone on/paid in order to retrieve that pin. D. They are required by law to provide sim card unlocking so long as the client owes nothing to the company (lease or lean.) MetroPCS has stated that a device is not eligible for unlocking unless 90 days of consecutive service which, if you can tell from my previous concerns- NEVER actually happened in the angry four months that I had the service.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

The signal keeps going out even when I am not moving around. The signal will just go out right in the middle of whatever I may be doing. Also, the hotspot will not work with my laptop. It will say something like connected but no internet service.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

My iPhone 5s died and I only had 2 hours to buy a phone before a very important meeting. Metro PCS was the ONLY store open. The inexpensive phone would be out of stock until late afternoon so I had to buy a $129.99 LG Stylo 2 Plus. They charge for caller ID/name!!! Unfortunately when I called someone there, caller ID showed someone else and the settings showed about 1 1-2 hours of pre-use. The manager the next day was not helpful so I had him re-register my "new" phone. I asked him if the person worked there and of course, again, no response. At least he could have given me a free phone case for it or something to make up for this. Even refused to look up to see if anything was wrong with the phone. From the look on his face, I thought he knew about it already.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

They seem to have pockets of dead zones. My phone freezes a lot. It's slow to load and I have trouble using it in "large department" stores. There's no reception except near the door or the very back near the storage areas.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

I have been very happy with Metro PCS for a couple of years, ever since they merged they have provided excellent service. Choice of phones could be much better.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2017

First of all, I created this account just to write this review. Service from Metro worked fine for around 8 months, but the past 2 months have been horrible. They promise 'unlimited' everything but don't you dare exceed their definition of 'unlimited'. If you do, you have to pay an extra $5 to continue receiving what you already pay $60 a month to get. And when you pay that extra $5? Internet is still slow, still lags, still can't be found by laptop/computer. Call customer care? Expect to spend at least an hour on the phone because no one speaks English. After 8 phone calls of speaking with Indians, I gave up and finally figured out the problem on my own. And don't you dare ask for a credit for your time. You'll be told to go to the store and waste another hour over a measly $5. MetroPCS is to be avoided. You've been warned.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2017

I liked Metro PCS before they merged. My connection is always poor and fair. It was always good and excellent, still get those days on and off. Also when I send a text it takes forever but still with them due to price.

Metro PCS Company Information