Metro PCS
1.37/5

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

Metro PCS Reviews

Get matched with the best Auto Warranty for you!

1716 Metro PCS Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 25, 2019

I have had Metro PCS as a service provider for six (6) years. I live in Atlanta, GA and the service is FANTASTIC! Super fast-and that includes the mobile hotspot as well! Customer service has never been a problem. I am being totally objective my review - I don't work for Metro PCS, I work for hotels. And I am not receiving any benefits for this glowing review. But one. I read countless reviews prior to purchasing ANYTHING. And as reviews help me, I would like to help YOU make an informed decision. Choose Metro PCS! I have never wanted -or thought about- another service provider. Neither will you. Metro PCS is all you need, all you will want in a cellular service provider. Never lost service, had slow speeds -I do always have a good phone- or had problems with their customer service. Or price, for that matter. This should be all the information that you need.

Original review: June 6, 2019

I had just been released from jail after a $3000 bond was made. The reasons I was in jail were fraudulent, but I'm not here to talk about that. My life at this point is on a turmoil. The date is 5/5/19. I'm DEAD BROKE. You can prob run my card, IT'LL DEF GET REJECTED/ DECLINED. See I've been here before... I KNEW, (cause I did it before), that at Metro PCS it was "possible" to get an extension, and I also KNEW that there was a fee that I had to pay to get this "possible" extension. I knew this ALL too well cause my life has its ups and its downs. Whose life doesn't have its ups and downs? We're human, NOT PERFECT... But I also knew that in "some" instances, Metro PCS could also possibly get these fees waived... It was a matter of the individual I spoke to.

I really don't like asking for charity, especially directly. Who likes that? Well I thought, I need my phone. I know they LITERALLY can accommodate my "begging", I've been a loyal customer pretty much since they opened up. So I decided that with this big T-Mobile buyout, with all the divide in AMERICA AND THE REST OF THE WHOLE WORLD, I decided that I'd try to see just how T-Mobile influenced the Metro company and way of running things. And hell, what's a lil bit of reality check gonna hurt anyone? Well, I didn't think this through, so I don't remember any names except 1, so no names.

Call # 1 - young, male, foreign, (from America that is), easily understandable, well spoken. I told him my situation, here it is, "Hello I have 2 different sets of service with you guys," but to save time, this is pretty much verbatim, "But to save time, how long have you been doing this job you're doing now for Metro?" The guy who helped me the first time, (even though I had the money to pay the extension,) was EXTREMELY POLITE, and lived by the GOLDEN RULE by waiving the "move your due date fee", myddf for short if you'd like, did it for me a little bit over a year ago. So if the guy been there 2 years or more, I can pretty much assume that he can literally do the same, RIGHT??? He says, "Excuse me. Oh ok I understand, I've been doing this job for 2 years and something."

So now, I feel that I KNOW that he KNOWS about this myddf, and more than likely, the waiving of it.. So I proceed straightforward, me: "Ok, so you've been at Metro a while, I have a MAJOR issue. I'm completely broke," (I explained, and he repeated. I might add my situation of being completely broke fresh out of jail.) I straightforwardly asked him, "CAN YOU get the fee waived", quite bluntly. Which I know they have to ask their supervisor and all that, but I'm asking you personally if you would go to the guy above you and at least try, in this small and extremely insignificant way, to help another human being out. I guess you might see where I'm now prob heading right?

How much is the GOLDEN RULE still alive in our society. Which prob half of the millennials don't even know the definition of, the GOLDEN RULE is, DO ONTO OTHERS AS YOU'D LIKE TO BE DONE ONTO YOURSELF just in case anyone didn't know lol. But this is the first guy. He wasn't even willing to go to his upper and ask. He was logged into my second account, and my password for both accounts are identical. NO MISTAKING THEM. Well I heard the cowardness when he very "sternly" explained that there was no way, it was against the rules, bla bla bla. I thought COWARD and hung up.

Call#2 Same description, young, male, blablabla, only a little harder to understand (in America). Oh well. I explain, "THERE IS NO WAY WE CAN DO THIS, IF YOU DON'T PAY 50 NOW, YOUR SERVICES WILL BE CUT OFF." COWARD NUMBER 2. I just hung up.

Call#3 This is why I wish I had wrote their name and number down. A female, soft spoken, SEEMED NEW AT THE COMPANY, well spoken, polite, everything I said introducing the first 2 gentlemen I talked to applied to her, AND more. She was the first person to even bring the question to her Supervisor, the Supervisor had a heart and okayed it. So the young lady (which has obviously never been in this situation cause she was stuttering a tiny bit, and didn't know exactly how to react. But nevertheless, came back after talking to her supervisor about waiving the "myddf" (move your due date fee), and flawlessly took her stand to STAND ON THE GOLDEN RULE AND SHE DID ONTO ANOTHER THE WAY SHE WOULD LIKE TO HAVE BEEN DONE ONTO HERSELF...

WELL. She completed my request for the first account. I've got to remember SHE WENT STRAIGHT BACK TO HER SUPERVISOR AND ASKED AGAIN, and he obliged once more so that I could not worry about this particular matter, especially when he found out what mess I was facing. So she very willingly starts to log into my 2nd account, guess what, both the same and both unforgettable once you hear them, the password was changed. Remember that call#1 we were logged into my 2nd account. That guy actually changed my password without asking.

RIGHT THERE, not when he didn't ask his authority about my situation. Him changing my password put a - (an actual negative) in the equation of this lil experiment I decided to try to gauge where we are in WORLD as being HUMAN BEINGS, as far as the the GOLDEN RULE applied, and kinda just where we are as a society. But anyway, we tried backup questions, it was my second account, wrong answer. So she says, "Oh hey, I'll just send a text to your phone. Once you get it could you kindly repeat the 6 digit code?" I get the text and OL'FUMBLE HANDS ME goes to look at it and HITS THE giant RED END BUTTON. Here we go again.

Call#4. Female, well spoken, a little flirty lol, but ABSOLUTELY DID NOT BELIEVE ME AND WAS GOING TO CHARGE ME $50 to proceed to move my due date and would not budge...even after I in no uncertain terms told her that if my phone would have been disconnected I was NOT RECONNECTING WITH THEM. I told her I already done it on 1 line, I also told her that it would prob be good practice to write the name and number down when she answered the phone, prime example, the last lady was in the direct middle of changing my password, and she could not call me back, cause she never took note of my number.

I waited for her to call me back believe me. But after informing this lady of this problem, she didn't take any reference of the number. She just absolutely would not give it a second thought, even though I CLEARLY stated that I had been with them since they opened, and it was also already done to one of my accounts. No budge. But polite about it. (VALUED CUSTOMER RIGHT.) There's absolutely NO WAY I could lose a 2 year customer because he's in a bind and clearly asking for help....

Call#5. FINALLY, Mrs/Ms Fatima. I'm sorry Ms. Fatima for not including your employee number, but my phone went dead and I only entered the text into a text format, but never sent it. So it was lost with my phone dying. YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE AND I WILL NEVER FORGET YOUR VOICE. HOPE TO TALK AGAIN. Ms. Fatima easily understood ALL of what I was saying, she competently relayed what was going on to the guys/women above her, she absolutely took my word. Even if I was lying to her, she understood the value of a loyal customer. She knew that what I was clearly and honestly asking for help and she made it happen.

EVEN BEFORE I told her that the first lady already had done it to my first line. She was amazing in her professionalism. Talked calmly, and even though she had to put me on hold for a min or 2 cause they were doing conference calls. She, and her supervisor, maybe, she might have been a supervisor, knew what the outcome would be as soon as she grasped my concept.

My thoughts, it's extremely EASY, and getting easier, get into and stay in the divide of them and us/me. And that's where we are, there's YouTube videos asking the question, "Are Background People Real" as in asking oneself. Like three movies, they got the main roles=us and our inner circles, 2nd class rolls, people that are acquaintances, and like the movies. People we don't know but you can see walking down every busy street there is. ARE THEY? Just like my lil experiment, the answers' the same. It's absolutely, completely up to YOU.

We've been so indoctrinated and disinformed that our values will make the decision for us. We don't even have to think about it. Well, I'm happy to see, when it all boils down, the GOLDEN RULE still shines bright. And we need to reexamine the words VALUED CUSTOMER. In the end everything is fine, just 1 night's experience. Thank you Metro PCS and Ms./Mrs. Fatima. If anyone needs to contact me about this ** or **. Thanks for listening.

Get expert buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 2, 2019

Every time I call, I'm never waiting more than 30 seconds for an agent. The agents are always really courteous and helpful. The service itself has some issues, like calls going straight to my voicemail instead of ringing or getting text messages several minutes late, but those problems are likely related to area cell phone towers and not specific to MetroPCS. When I have had issues with the service the agents were able to help me reset my connection/network settings and resolve the issue immediately. Those issues were usually caused by me, playing with settings that I shouldn't have touched because I didn't fully understand them. I have been a customer for several years and love it! Their prices can't be beat either. The plans now include Amazon Prime too, which is really awesome because you save money by getting that service through them and bundled with your phone plan so it's one easy, low cost bill each month.

I highly recommend MetroPCS to anyone and everyone looking for a cheap, reliable, unlimited plan with NO contract. I don't understand why anyone would go anywhere else, where they charge you monthly for your phone, phone plan, and data and lock you in for years. That's crazy! MetroPCS also has deals on new phones all the time with instant or mail-in rebates. You can get the newest phones, like iPhones, at a low price instead of having to pay hundreds up front or an extra $40-50 monthly plus the cost of your plan. Plus Androids are better than iOS but that's a whole different argument.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

First of all let me say. I do not work for Metro PCS or T-Mobile. I've been with Metro going on for years and I have not really had any bad experience. But the one thing that I have discovered when doing a research is that you have to know what network the carrier is on. Take for example I also have a SafeLink government phone because I qualified for it. There are times I can pay my Metro bill so I had to use my government. But I digress. SafeLink is owned by TracFone and TracFone is owned by some company and South America plus they use the Sprint network. So in looking for a cheaper carrier research whose network they use. You can Google and find out there's no excuse. I am planning on getting another Metro phone. I've had no problems and I just feel like this is something that nobody ever addresses. Thank you.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

Coolpad phones suck... when I bought it they never said it was a crappy phone... it locks up or freezes. It stutters... goes real slow and won't Text properly. It's real slow and it Sam corrupted sim card... so this all happened within 1 day. They won't let it be returned to the store I bought it from San Carlos St in San Jose CA. I used over the return quota. I was not told only so many hrs could be used... so 1 month & 2 payments later I have a part time phone. The sales rep knows these phones are no good. So why don't they try to sell a better phone. Where's the customer service that store acts like it's a bother to help you. I won't go back there again so how can I get a new phone... or am I burned... the service is great. Only complaint with that is the id application doesn't tell you everything about who's calling. Oh yeah this phone changes the wallpaper and won't let me download a new one. I really got burnt on this phone.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Metro PCS?

Original review: Sept. 20, 2019

Had service for about 2 yrs and since then they've continued spiraling downhill with slower speeds, dropped calls, less coverage and continue raising prices of service and phones for new and existing customers. They continue to harass me even though I've told them switched to Verizon. I had two phones with 2 lines for two miserable years. Period!

Original review: Sept. 20, 2019

Metro customer service is extremely horrible. IF I COULD GIVE THEM A MINUS RATING I WOULD!!! Not only are the agents unskilled but so are their supervisors. I asked for their human resources department and this supervisor tried giving me the number to a main store in my area. Then when asking for corporate office number, I was told they do not have one only an address. This same supervisor not 5 minutes later tells me they only have a corporate office number that she can give me and when I openly pointed out the contradictory statement she denied even saying it. All I needed was my network unlocked so I could use my phone on my government phone service. They claim to have no tech support either. I have spent over 2 weeks and 10 hours so far with no resolution of this matter.

They also claim they are unable to remote access your phone, however I have had them do it for me on another occasion by an agent who actually knew what their job was and had the knowledge to eliminate my issue. Their agents need better training. I created 2 tickets. They said in 24 to 72 hours the issue should be resolved but here it is 2 weeks in and nothing. Not only that but when I had them check the tickets they claimed they had resolved my issue. If that's the case why is my network still locked? Try getting ahold of corporate though. I googled it after the 7th supervisor insulted my intelligence and found number but no one gets back to you from those numbers either. I found the head C.E.O.'s name. I think I just might Google his home number. Maybe something will actually get done then. THIS COMPANY AND ITS MOST OF ASSOCIATES ARE IGNORANT, RUDE AND UNPROFESSIONAL. I DONT KNOW HOW THEY STAY IN BUSINESS!!!!

Original review: Sept. 19, 2019

Monthly payment glitches with their myMetro payment method makes it impossible to know if you've paid as you can't log in to MetroPCS or Metro by T-mobile. All sorts of outdated links litter corporate site, when you do get a human in Philippines, they are interested in payment only: no access to supervisors, nor do they help in any way to address problems logging in. This works as a good business model: customers panic so they not only repeat a monthly payment, because myMetro doesn't work - deliberately - one is forced to call to pay over phone. Predatory Corporate profit game works beautifully here. "Ma'am? Just pay. Only you won't be able to see what you've paid. We pretend you made an error in a payment, cut off service. You all in a panic, and we get $5 per call. Guess what: only until you get your credit card statement will you see that we've billed you twice." Terrible experience.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2019

Metro was absolutely the worst experience I've ever had in the cellphone world. From the moment I walked in the lady would not even get out of the chair. She sat there unprofessional with a blanket covering herself pointing at phones. Would not even get out of the chair. Then it took two days for them to Port my number over, they collected all the money upfront and told me everything would be fine. Again it's up two days, I went on to experience terrible customer service on the phone. They did not even care about how their employees acted and what they knew and did not know about their owner equipment and their plans. Then the cell phone went on the break 2 Days Later and they would do nothing about that either. I paid $130 for two phones. They wanted to charge me $150 to fix One phone. There you go.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2019

I have the best service in the world and the internet is great. I just don't like all the scam likely calls... So if y'all can stop these call that would be wonderful crazy thang. How do they get our num.

Metro PCS Company Information