Metro PCS Reviews

Metro PCS
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.53/5

Metro PCS Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Metro PCS?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Metro PCS?

Original review: Feb. 7, 2021

I'm a customer at MetroPCS. Mostly go in and visit your location in Milford Ohio. Mike has always been the one to help me. And I just want to say I recently visited around February 6th and Mike has once again given me excellent customer service. She has always helped me and gone above and beyond taking care of my needs as a customer not so much maybe the cell phone service. However the customer service that Mike provides definitely keeps me coming back. A lot of times people received negative feedback. I think it is important to make sure excellent customer service is acknowledged and appreciated. Thank you for your time.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2021

All works great for me! Wonderful service. Clear calls. My phone has all the needed bands to get good service. I did notice in the apn settings what use to be 16 is now 260 with a new sim card. Love the clear calls and good service all around town. Better than my AT and T service.

Get buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2020

Yasiris helped me on my visit. She was spectacular. She went over and beyond for me to make sure I left the store with everything needed and all my questions answered. She explained the process with adding a line every step of the way. Awesome sales associate.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2020

I just changed to Metro by T-Mobile and I'm loving the phone so far and the service but I just wanted to give the praise to the worker that helped us with everything we needed. She went over and Beyond to make sure we were happy and we were walking away with everything we needed. The worker Karina on Northwest Expressway in Oklahoma City should get the highest praise because she truly cares about her customer's happiness and knows all the answers to any of your questions.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2020

Today is August 3rd, and I had the pleasure of being in Metro PCS in Plano Texas on Parker Road at Avenue K. Like most reviews customer service was always the problem for me. But let's talk about today August 3rd 2020. I had the most unspeakable exceptional customer service from Ricardo and Angela the store manager!! Very attentive. Very suggestive about the phones, the both of them were very apologetic because I had to wait 10 minutes for the phone to be program which wasn't a problem for me because like I said I truly enjoyed the service from both of them.

Angela was back and forth with a customer assisting them as well as assisting Ricardo making sure I was taken care of. It was a pleasure speaking with him until everything was cashed out. Thank you both but for the exceptional customer service you made my day because again as I had stated I was very tired just driving from from Austin Texas.

Glenda M.

Original review: May 12, 2021

I switched to metro pcs in December, I brought my own device paid in full. Due to the pandemic I could no longer afford it. I switched to a family member's plan. Metro PCS then locked my device to their network only. I was informed this is done for 180 days. On day 181 I called to have my phone unlocked (they do not do this automatically), I was then told the phone was unlocked. On day 182 I called again and was informed a technical ticket had to be opened and that could take 3-5 days.

Day 187 I call and am told there was never a ticket opened. He told me he could open a ticket and expedite it and this issue will resolve in 24 hours. I called last night day 190 and was told a technical ticket takes 72 hours. She then said she would expedite my ticket and it will be resolved in 72 hours. This is bad business. I brought a paid device to this company, never informed of the 180 device unlock process, and even if I was here it is 190 days and my device is still not unlocked.

Original review: April 9, 2021

I would avoid this store at all costs! ZERO STARS 0, UNACCEPTABLE CUSTOMER SERVICE AND DISCRIMINATION AGAINST DISABLED PEOPLE AND VETERANS!! The manager was unprofessional, racist, overly rude and made me show my military ID and my Service Dog License twice. Even though I had already showed the girl at the counter. Then out of nowhere after I had been getting help by a salesperson that had already asked me about my service animal and I had already showed her my identification. Their rude manager comes out of the back office. Doesn't even talk to me or acknowledge that I'm a customer. She starts yelling at the salesperson that was originally helping me and the only one that was in the store. The female manager got right up to the salesperson and a low mean voice and the manager who was twice the Height and twice the size of the salesperson yelled into the salesperson's ear!

The female salesperson had already asked me if my dog was a service animal and I had already showed her my certification and the service animal tag on the dog. I was shocked by how the manager responded after coming out of the back storage room where the phones are and we had already been at the store for over 5 minutes. The salesperson was the only one in the store and we were the only customers. She was friendly to me and my child and brother and we were about to get a $800 iPhone. We had gone to our normal location where we pay our bills and the other store had called this location because they had the iPhone that my son wanted in stock. So we drove from our normal MetroPCS location to this location because we knew that they had the phone in stock.

When we walked in the store. The salesperson greeted us. She was probably about 19. She asked if we needed any help and I told her that we were looking for a particular phone and then she politely asked "is that a service animal?" I proceeded to tell her that yes it was and I showed her my service animal identification certification and the service animal tag on the dog. My service animal is active duty and has been in service for 2 years. My service animal is properly marked as a service animal and also properly trained.

After I showed the store clerk my dog's IDs. I was about to purchase a newer iPhone for my son as an upgrade. Just Then, unannounced the angry female manager come busting out of the back storage room and looked at me and then immediately started berating the store worker in front of us customers. To make matters worse the store manager did not even acknowledge us as customers!! She did not greet us and did not ask us if we had been helped. Instead she berates the store clerk!

The manager needs to be retrained, demoted and replaced! The lack of customer service. The unnecessary anger and fact that she yelled at the salesperson and me for no reason! Saying "You could get in a lot of trouble for this!!!" "That's not a service animal! And you're not disabled" then "Did you ask her if that dog's a service animal because it probably isn't and she is not allowed in here!" FOR NO REASON SHE DISCRIMINATED AGAINST MY VETERAN STATUS AND DISABILITY. SHE MADE ME SHOW MY 2 IDS A TOTAL OF 4 TIMES. She didn't even care.

THE MANAGER WAS A FEMALE WHO WAS IN HER MID-40S HISPANIC AND 180 LBS. If there was an option to give zero Stars I would! The only reason that I came to this location was because they had a large selection of phones that my normal location didn't have. I was warned that the manager was very rude by the other store. However I was not prepared for how rude she was about to be. I entered the store with my family with the intentions of upgrading one of my children's phones to another iPhone. I have a licensed service animal who has service animal tags and is properly marked. The salesperson that was at the counter started helping me and she asked politely if my dog was a service animal. I am a disabled veteran and retired military and a former Federal officer I am 100% disabled and I need a service animal in order to do my daily activities. I have a noticeable disability and I have a shattered tailbone.

Original review: March 26, 2021

So to start off I've been a MetroPCS customer for like 11 years. The company when they started came out. They offered unlimited data in a base price that I could afford. And if I had a problem I was able to actually talk to somebody who would come to some kind of resolution. Not always the resolution I like but something. As of late it's deteriorated to the point where they are just proprietary trying to get as much money out of people as possible and offering them as little as possible. The quality of their phones has decreased. Your service has decreased at at at least where I live which events in urban areas San Francisco. They can be able to get some kind of decent phone service but apparently not but anyway it's gotten to the point recently where I purchased a phone for $500.

I'm from J1. It did not work correctly and drunk calls is supposed to be unlimited data but it would connect to the internet. Unfortunately just troubleshooting it I am using more hours than I was able to return the phone by the first day so I don't return the phone even though the phone was problematic and they knew it because the customer service and the tech team were having trouble with it themselves be that as it may be. Subsequent month went by and every day it was a problem so finally I have enough money to buy a new phone so I go into one of their main branches add up without a phone that I want.

It's not cheap either and it's out of stock but they go out of their way to tell me that I qualify for an upgrade and I can have it for such and such amount of money but I need to go across town to one of their other name branches who have the phone stock so I go all the way across town and I waiting for some social distancing and asking all that and when I finally get to the counter but they have the phone in stock. Only now I have to pay full price which is more than $150 on top of the original price I was quoted just 15 minutes prior so then I called customer service and just to get to talk to a person it's almost impossible. You have to finagle and lie and say things are really going on that aren't going on because if you tell them the truth you're talking to a machine that will just hang up on you.

They offer you no option for real customer service so eventually once I figured the game out I was able to talk to a person whose only line of customer service was "Yes but yes but yes but yes but yes we know the phone that that you bought a month ago was wrong" at "Yes I see you called numerous times about it." "Yes we tried all these options to troubleshoot it but let's try and troubleshoot it again for like the 15th time." I wasn't calling this time to troubleshoot the phone. I was calling to complain about the disparity between the two branches but that fell on deaf ears as well as everything else and then I was offered some out-of-left-field excuse.

I thought they must have been running a unique promotion at the store that calling me to begin with I believe me I wasn't offered a tablet with that deal so ultimately no resolution can be found. All they want to do is sell your phone and that is ** up so that they can sell you another one right behind it and charge you full price. It's my third phone this year and it's over $1,000. To say I'm a dissatisfied customer at this is someone who's paid their bill religiously on time for over 10 years so I'm looking for options who I can switch to for a phone service besides them because I'm sure anybody has to perform better than these people are performing now.

Original review: March 25, 2021

I had a really old, grandfathered account with Metro PCS that I had to end when I moved because there were barely any towers in my area. AutoPay took the money out for the next month of service, and I called the same day it was taken out to get a refund. I didn't even have an account with Metro anymore because that was cancelled the day I ported my number away... I have no idea why AutoPay still charged me. Well, I have been calling them every single month since. At first, they said the refund would be direct deposited. Then they told me that TMobile had a new policy that refunds had to be mailed. I've confirmed my mailing address with them TWICE now and I still have not received a refund for a month of service that didn't even have an account attached to it because my account was closed as soon as I transferred my phone number.

I reported this with the BBB, but there's still no response. I'm about to try reporting it again and I'm also going to talk to my bank about refunding it and demanding the money back from Metro because it's not their money to keep. I am extremely unhappy with this experience, and I am GRATEFUL now that I had no choice but to move away from Metro. I've been with Metro since long before T-Mobile took over, and as far as I knew they were still a trustworthy company up until now. Apparently, though TMobile has completely ruined a good thing by lying to their customers - AGAIN.

TMobile, I do not care how many companies you buy out... if you do not stop gaslighting and ripping off your customers, you will forever be chasing new companies to buy because you can't hold on to the customers you've got. We don't care if you have the biggest 5G network blah blah blah if we cannot trust you with our money in the first place.

Original review: March 11, 2021

I just got 2 lines with Metro. Both phones are horrible, never any signal, phone calls drop in the middle of very important calls. And I haven't had these phones 30days and I just simply want my money back. I'm disappointed, feel like I was sold a phone and service Metro knew didn't work.

Metro PCS Company Information