Metro PCS

Metro PCS Reviews

3.7/5 (684 ratings)

About Metro PCS Reviews

Metro PCS Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Metro PCS?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Metro PCS?

Original review: Nov. 4, 2021

I went into my lock Metro PCS in New Britain CT to look into a new phone because mine was 2 years old and on is last leg. When I went in I was greeted by a young woman and then her trainer. Their names were Marilee and Kimberly. The young woman in training was the first to get me and show me all of my options for a new phone. I didn't even realize she was in training because she greeted me with a professional manner, which really impressed me. Once I had my phone and extras picked out that is when the trainer came into the picture and went thru everything with both of us again in s very professional manner.

I completed my sale very happy obviously. I've had Metro PCS for over 6 years now and I used to have Verizon. Metro PCS had out done Verizon by far. Metro PCS has better service better coverage and honestly I don't have one complaint about anything with metro. I've never lost calls or had any problems to speak of. The reason I say this is because for work I have a Verizon product and I lose calls constantly and the service comes and goes even in the places where there's no reason to lose service. In open towns and cities across Connecticut. Most of all I want to thank Marilee and Kimberly for taking such great care of me and I was happy to be your very first sale.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2021

I am with metro pcs and now T-MOBILE. I only gave 4 stars because metro is now owned bt T-MOBILE. I left T-MOBILE to go with Metro because T-MOBILE ripped me off. Right before I left T-MOBILE they said I owed them money and my bill was only around 100.00 or less a month and I had 3 lines and I still do. But T-MOBILE said I owed them over 1200.00 dollars. And tgey made me pay it for one month and they kept shutting me off because I refused to pay that kind of money. Especially since I did not owe them a dime. I had already paid my bill for the month. Plus you are not allowed to have contracts by law anymore. But t-mobile still does.

Plus now ever since metro got bought out by t-mobile, Metro went downhill. With losing calls and about 2 and a half months ago, I had a very important phone call at I:30 in the morning for court on zoom over the phone. Well we had just paid our bill and we did not have any reason to think our phones were not working. So we tried to get onto zoom for court and I couldn't. So had my husband try to call and his phone didn't work either. Now I am freaking out because this court hearing was absolutely a must phone call because it was a hearing for us not to get evicted from our home for 7 year and a half years. That we were still paying rent every month with covid-19 going on.

It was a very important phone call. Well neither phone worked. So because of the phones not working. We did get on, but we could not hear them and they couldn't hear us. Because of the phones not working. We lost the motion. So now the landlord can have us evicted. We lost everything because of the phones not working. Then I ran to my daughter's house which was about 1 mile away. Well I drove. To try to get the judge back on the phone. Well it was too late. That's when I found out that metro wasn't working at all. Because my daughter's phone was not working either and she also has metro.

Well we found out that metro closed down a whole zip code early that morning. And they never told anyone at all. They shut down my zip code 33411 and it was off from like 2:00am until 11:00pm that night. So metro didn't work for over 22 hours and they shut it down on purpose to do something but never even told anyone they were going to shut us down for a whole day. So because of them shutting down I am still going to court. And now we are totally broke. And can not pay another 1500.00 dollars that is due tomorrow. Before noon. Or we have 24 hours to get out. So no I wouldn't tell anyone to go with metro anymore because of t-mobile. Even though my bill for 3 lines is only 90.00 a month which is good. That's the only reason why we are still with them.

Get buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2021

Metro is a good mobile phone company. I have had less problems with them compared to other mobile phone plans. A little expensive but worth it. Their products are great, durable, easy to use. You get instructions in your phone box. They have their own website for bill paying, music and even one to let you know about all the great deals and promos.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2021

I have a big problem with MetroPCS, I keep getting dropped calls on my Wi-Fi, I've called MetroPCS about the program a half dozen times, they haven't done anything to help me, they said they were going to switch cell towers, they told me tech support was supposed to email me, they never did, they say I'm sorry a lot, but they don't do anything to fix the problem, I still have a problem with dropped calls, this has been going on for over 6 months, and they haven't done nothing to solve the problem, I used to think that MetroPCS was a decent company, I've been with them for 3 years, but now I'm on the verge of changing my mind, as well as maybe looking for a new cell phone carrier.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2021

The wireless coverage with Metro PCS is excellent. Better than ATT in my area, and the cost is less than half per month. The reason I did not give five stars is that they do not offer a discounted price to continuing customers on their new phones. Most of the phones they offer are poor quality, and the phones that are of high quality, continuing customers must pay full price for, or buy them on discount someplace else and bring in to connect.

Original review: May 10, 2022

I had service for 3 years. I paid three months in advance but I had two bad experiences with customer service so I asked to be refunded the last 2 months I prepaid for and they said it was done and I would get it in two days. I then transferred my number to another supplier. Six days go by and no money in my account. I called them and two times they said they would refund me and nothing game but the third time I called they said because I cancelled my service I cannot be refunded.

I cancelled after they said the refund was complete. They 100 percent stole 120 dollars from me and all but two interactions with customer service were beyond terrible. For being a multi-year customer I have never been treated worse and cannot believe they just stole my money. Basically lied to me so that I would fall under their no refunds if account closed rule. It was criminal.

Original review: April 12, 2022

I was experiencing some life difficulties and had to go with Metro PCS, leaving Boost. Screen was destroyed on my Galaxy Note after only 2 months and needed a new phone quickly, Metro had a deal, they were convenient so I went with it. In the door I was told the Motorola stylus was a equivalent to a note or close as I could get and for only $400 dollars, which I didn't have so he said, "but I'm going to give it to you for $300," also didn't have. I was beginning to think I'd just wasn't going to get a phone (was really looking for the free phone for starting service type deal as I had just spent what was a large some of money on my dream phone, quality and perfect for all my needs. I had been building my brand and needing to upgrade) just didn't have it.

Well the sales associate said I'd get the phone for $300 on a payment plan. He was being very elusive as far as details of service while assuring all was well, he was going to make sure I was good, even thru in a free case and that I would be receiving a email with terms of service. I was preparing to travel so not having a phone literally was not a option and my situation dealt with personal safety and protecting my child.

First 7-8 cycles went smoothly but ever since it's been a nightmare. They KEEP accepting my payment, fully restoring service (it's pre-paid/pay as you go) then shutting service off again. 4 months of this. This month they did it twice. Erroneously disconnected service, restored service, then disconnected again today which is why I'm here now. My balance was 45.50 paid 46 even, service restored, days later disconnected. So instead of a .50 credit, I now owe them 45.50....a week later on a pre paid account?

The reason I haven't left this horrible company is because I have 9 saved voicemails that are evidence for court involving domestic violence which I'm in jeapordy of losing right now because my service, that I paid for is disconnected and I'm unable to save them because of it. This is a huge inconvenience and losing these recordings can drastically hurt my side. I'm not sure what to do about this but I do know they are breaking the law. I feel violated, tricked and betrayed. I feel anxiety at the possibility of losing recordings I've saved up for months, willing to deal with the crap service if it meant I'd have the recordings that will validate and vindicate me and ensure my child stays with me. $FeathersUp1

Original review: March 29, 2022

No disrespect by far but there’s no English speaking person ever when I call, they hang up in your face no matter how nice you are if you request a sup. If they don’t hang up they’ll keep you on hold with horrible music until you hang up. It’s a mess. Even though it’s cheap I’d rather take my 5 phone family plan elsewhere. It’s that bad with Metro PCS and getting worse.

Original review: March 26, 2022

So my first phone I ever purchased was on Metro and they only worked in like NYC and South Florida. They got I think nationwide. Still never had an issue. T-Mobile buys them out and ever since it's been going down. Now it seriously never I mean never have good service. The terms and conditions straight up says that you are not priority that they send signal to T-Mobile customers first and what's leftover we get. Why did they buy it and then able to act like they didn't and take our money to not provide service. It's a real bummer because it really was a great phone company but thanks to Corp greed we all get screwed.

To top it off I've been paying 10 extra dollars a month for insurance (which my phone had almost a 200 dollar deductible) for over a year. They denied my claim. This was the very last straw. I'm done so trying to find something other than T-Mobile even though if I signed up officially with them I'd have a working phone but I don't want to give them another dollar.

Original review: March 4, 2022

I would not recommend Metro PCS as your phone. We had nothing but problems, they sent us a bill that we had activated a phone when we didn't, the store on Esplanade and San Jacinto in San Jacinto wouldn't even listen or look at the phone I had and said I did it. Very Rude. We decided to switch to Boost and as the change was processed sent a bill on the primary phone that she owed 104.66 dollars. Our due date was March 2, we were doing the change on Feb. 26th. They would not release her phone number, she had no phone for 3.5 days and Boost finally just gave her a new number. On the 2nd she got a text saying she own the $104.66. Needless to say it will not be paid as we owe them no money. From what I am hearing this is happening a lot. Charging extra money when you don't owe or charging you more than it should. We are finally at Boost with our phones and very happy. As I said would not recommend using this company.

Metro PCS Company Information