2.01/5
Based on 313 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Metro PCS

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 12, 2018

1380 Metro PCS Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

I would like people to know that Metro PCS is the best phone service to have. Price wise awesome. Customer service the best around. You have a problem call them that walk you through it. I recommend them.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

They overcharge very bad. They are rude and the phones they have are very poor quality for the norm. I found after the third month they don't like to cooperate, they have a tendency to forget credits they promise and their warranties don't have no meaning.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

I went to my local Metro PCS store for service because my phone wasn't working. They sold me a new phone that they said I needed. I walked out the door and got my old phone working. So I immediately tried to return my new phone and they refused to accept the return. I then called Corporate METRO PCS and they told me to drive forty minutes to my corporate store and return the phone only to find out they won't take it back either. Called Corporate and no record of that conversation of course.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

I'm looking at a recipe online. I get interrupted with Amazon ad you can't get out of. Used to be I could x out. They chg that. Now you google search anything. Asks if you want to leave this page. Yes. Then you lost your page. Grrr.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

Where do I start but in the beginning... The man sounded like an Auctioneer when he was telling us about the phone and phone plans. Took a while to figure out what he was telling us. In the long run we got one phone and I decided to use my own phone from 2 years ago. The guy said before we left that if the phones didn't work out we can bring it back in 7 days. That was great fine and dandy. Less then 24 hours later, we had to bring the phones back because there was absolutely no service in all the areas we went. Huntingdon, McLemoresville, McKenzie, Trenton... It took us 1hour & 3 mins to get to the store that night. They are to close at 6 pm. But that night They closed earlier than 6 pm. (I wonder if the owners know what their employees do.)

We are standing outside the door watching them in the store with the door lock. They act like they did not see us. But we stood there at the window and knocked. Finally the female came to the door and said their computers are down. So they couldn't help us. So this morning I called before we came. Ask when they're open and she said we can't take payments or anything. By this time it just sounded like a bunch of BS. Anyhow we ended up getting back to the same store where we bought the phones in Humboldt Tennessee. Surprise it was us again... Same woman from last night that wouldn't let us in... Didn't seem like she was too happy to see us again. (I am totally for honesty truth and justice that makes me very bold when it comes to lying conniving deceiving people).

We go in there and I told her what we needed done. To return all their stuff and get our money back. I could tell she wasn't happy about it. She took the receipt and went into the back room with her phone and was talking to somebody. I knew she was up to something so I went to the door and I listened. When she came from the back room, I was at the doorway, she was surprised??? She came from the back room, she says, "Where are your receipts?" I said, "I gave them to you." She's freaking out saying that I did not give them to her. Waving the paperwork around. I told her she had receipts and I started to go to that back room. Guess what the receipts were in the back room.

She couldn't play a little game anymore with us. She finally realized she was messing with the right female, ME... We got our $93.40 back. I have realized down south we've had to really watch out with these different companies. Not just Metro PCS also Verizon store in Huntingdon Tennessee electrical companies in

Huntingdon Tennessee, Hospital in McKenzie Tennessee. I got some other issues going on with people trying to pull bogus... These days you gotta watch your back carefully and stand up for what is right??? God Bless America and God Bless you.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Metro PCS?

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

I went to Metro PCS store to have my phone checked. The idiot said the screen is cracked. OK let's get a new one. I pick out a phone, purchase it and he then peels off the screen protector I was just told was not there, odd. To reveal a perfectly good phone. Wait it gets really stupid now. We turn on the new phone and it's defective, and we both agree. I say, "I would like my money back." I remind you I have not left the store. "Oh no", he mumbled. "We don't return money on purchases of new phones. It's our Policy." I said, "It's broken." He agreed. Now I have to send it back to the factory to be repaired. Yikes!!! Our policy is designed to steal your money. That's the true nature of their behavior and business practices.

I then get the old phone turned back on and they charge me. I now have to give this ** money so I can use my old unbroken phone before I leave their place of Insanity Inc. Two weeks later I get the unneeded new phone back. It is still broken. I can only talk on speaker phone. Send it back??? No. Go to another store where teenage marshmallow robots don't work. Liars. Corporate monkey managers and policies of ** you. Go to another provider. Do not go to the new and improved Metro POS.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

Scam # 1. MetroPCS posts a five star review of the Alcatel Go Flip phone on their website, yet there is no way for anyone to leave a review for that phone. They Scam their customers into thinking you are getting a highly rated phone. Scam #2. MetroPCS offers a 50 dollar rebate on the phone, Fine print it has to be active for 2 months, regardless if the phone breaks after one month because it is such a poorly made phone. I have had other Alcatel phones but this one is pure garbage and MetroPCS knows it.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2018

Anyone that has a MetroPCS account may want to look into it as they like to falsely advertise their phone. They will sell you a phone telling you it's 16 gigabytes of storage without informing you that after their apps are installed and updated that you as a customer only going to receive 4 gigabytes of storage. And that you may want to buy a SD card and because of the way they have their system software updated and their accounts when you receive an SD card you are forced to mount it to your phone making it swear that SD card is no longer usable for any other phone than the one it is mounted to.

Then when you called to tell them what they're doing is wrong and you ask them to fix it they sit there and try and blame everyone else rather than looking into it and fixing the problem. On top of all that they have the WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE CALL CENTER. They just pretend to file your complaints without actually doing so. As I asked for my complaint file number they said they couldn't provide one! WTF? Then they just place you on hold and transfer you until you get annoyed and go into the store! Lol. They clearly don't understand. I'll wait and inform everyone. They lie and scam. I pay $85 for unlimited everything as their $50 unlimited plan only includes 2gigs of 4gLTE data. So again not on unlimited plan for $50 and not a 16gig storage for $50. False advertising and poor customer service!!! Lame ** company!!

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

English is a second language to them and I spent 1/2 hr explaining the same network problem I've had for the past two months... I don't want be "bubbly". Just address and fix my concerns!!! I QUIT saying "I'm sorry". I don't care about your "sorry"... fix the problem.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

A free telephone Samsung J7 with the service is a pain in the neck. Signal to the internet since the first day of use is giving trouble. I don't have this kind of trouble with the other company with my Samsung Galaxy 6.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

So where I live I get almost all bars on my phone. Or at least that is what my phone says. It constantly tells me I don't have service or internet connection. I thought this was my phone so I bought a new one. Same problem. I then that phone started acting up and I was having issues with it in the first month. I took it in and asked if they could warranty my phone. I was told that my phone no longer qualified because it was after the phone's warranty period. I looked in the warranty booklet in the box that came with my phone. I went back and confronted the person with my newfound knowledge and he told me the best he could do was reset my phone or claim insurance on my phone which was the same price I paid for the phone. I have had it up to here with this. I am tired of being treated like another payout.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

They have non USA customer service. They take too much time helping you. Also the first phone I had was a LG Aristo and it overheated. I went to the Metro store. They charged me $15 to order me a replacement phone which was the same phone. It was also defective so I went to MetroPCS.com. Ordered a Motorola Moto E4 for $109 free shipping. It works great so far and I sold the LG Aristo on eBay. Their customer service stinks.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

Metro Charges for everything. The service is no good. I got more dropped called than anything. I just tried to change my number due to threats to me and my kids just to be told no. Not to mention it's a 12.00 charge to get a new number. I’m so not satisfied with Metro Services or phone ugghhhh. Considering switching provider soon.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

I have been a customer with this company for over a year. I have put up with the terrible service, and I pay far too much to deal with this nonsense! Where is my hotspot? Where is my unlimited data? I will sue the company if this is not resolved!

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

I signed up with Metro PCS 6 month ago at the recommendations of my boyfriend who was friend with the owner of the local store. During those 6 months, I've had many frustrating moments using the phone. First, I wasn't able to receive calls. When someone called it went straight to my voicemail. Second, I was not able to call others either. There were many times when I called, there were no ringtones or calls were ended abruptly by itself. Third, when my boyfriend and I were traveling in San Francisco, we were not able to reach each other on our phones by calls and texts. The Metro PCS customer service representative said that it was probably because there were not enough towers. I don't believe that was the case. We were in the downtown of one of the biggest cities in the country. Fourth, the customer service representative at the local store are deceiving, rude, and unprofessional.

My boyfriend's phone broke after 6 months. He brought it to the store to get a replacement. Because he forgot to put the battery back, he couldn't return the old phone. The staff there convinced him to buy a new identical phone, telling him he could return it when he had the battery with the old phone. Two days later when he went back to return the new phone, he was told that the new phone was an upgrade to his account and he couldn't return it. He didn't ask for upgrade, nor was he told by the staff so. They said it was in the fine print. This is absolutely unethical practice. I watched them doing the same to another customer there. When the customer asked whether and how long he could have this phone before he returns it. They told him that he could return it within 7 days. At no point that they told that person that if your phone is considered an upgrade, you couldn't return it at all.

Last, when my boyfriend went in there the first time asking a replacement phone, they said they would order one for him. Two days later he went back there, they told him he couldn't get a replacement phone because there was a dent on the phone which they didn't mention before. The next day, they called him and told him they would replace his phone, but when he went in, they again told him no. There were no apology. The staff refused to offer any solution and was extremely rude and unprofessional. This is my experience with Metro PCS. I would definitely not recommend it to anyone. I would not consider to use T-Mobile either as they share the same network.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

I went to Metro before Christmas to add a line. I was given one price. Then at the time of payment was given a higher price. I told the rep to cancel my order. He told my husband and I to wait. Went back into his computer to "fix" the problem which allowed me to pay the first quoted price. I went into a store to pay my first bill and there was an extra fee added to my account. It was the difference of the 2 prices given when I added the extra line.

In addition I was told that I would get a 1 month credit to my account which stood also to be false. After countless calls to numbers that were not valid. I finally found a contact number and spoke with a rep who was clueless as well as powerless and showed no real attempt to resolve anything. I'm guessing at this point that I was told anything just so Metro could get my business. As of today I will be switching back to Boost Mobile who I regret leaving in the first place especially over a few dollars in savings. I'd rather pay a bit extra than deal with the low quality of service with Metro. Save yourself the headache and avoid this company. No one hears you out or cares.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

Phone (ZTE BLADE MODEL) was defective since day 2. I basically threw away 130.00 I didn't have to throw away. Phone overheats. Processor glitches constantly. Can't even take videos now 2 months into my purchase. Keyboard glitches constantly. I could go on and on. They don't offer full refund and will only exchange for same model... Why would want same piece of garbage model.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

I switched my phone carrier over to Metro PCS because I was tired of junk phones with my other carrier. I couldn’t keep my phones charged no matter the 7 different phones I purchased over a 2 year period. I couldn’t hear clearly and no one could hear me. I could only put my phone on speakerphone. And the same thing happened with Metro PCS only difference was the manager of the store cheated and took my money… I got a free phone for 200 only to find out no one could hear me talk it was muffled and I took it back. He told me he would give me a different free phone and hyped it up and made it sound like it was getting all this free accessories with it. And then at the very end he told me I’d have to change my phone number.

And by the time we got done doing the transaction he never gave me the cover for free for my phone and said they were out and the tempered glass. He said, "Come back in a week and I will get it to you for free" and that never happened. He told me I had to buy them and so I was out a cover and tempered glass cover for this phone when I already bought all that for my new phone. Now he should have made it right from the start. I should have never had to switch to a cheaper phone and have to change my phone number and be out the accessories.

And on top of that… I witnessed him doing this to the next customer walking in the store. I could not believe my eyes. This location on Albany and where Thompson turns into Sherman… it’s right across from CVS in Beech Grove. Beware. He wants to reach his quota and sell as many phones as he can and does NOT care about you as a customer. I think it a downright scam and disgrace that this man is taking advantage of innocent people young and old. Never will I ever go back to that store nor any of them Metro PCS stores. Their phones are malfunction. See for yourself. Do yourself and your wallet and peace of mind a favor. Don’t go there. And I also experience phone call harassment. An employee there at this Metro PCS location took it upon himself to get my personal cell phone number and call me and harass me because he said he like me. It was really scary.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

Their customer service is horrible. They put me on hold several times. Never solved the issue of them saying I changed my rate plan from unlimited gigs to 5 gigs per month. They lie to customers and when I asked to speak to a supervisor they said none are available. Horrible service and horrible foreign customer service that are not helpful in the least. I hate Metro PCS. I will be terminating my service in a couple days.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2018

I've had Metro PCS for 4 years now and I haven't had any issues, whatsoever. After 4 years, the price hasn't gone up once. Plus, it's the only noncontract phone company I know of that lets you "upgrade" your phone every few months. Very happy with my phone service.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

This company is the worst. I didn't buy my phone from Metro I just bought a sim card. I bought my phone out of the Apple store unlocked and Metro PCS is telling me that they have to hold my phone to their network for 90 days so I wouldn't be able to use my phone internationally. So they literally holding my phone hostage. This company is the worst. So upset. Wouldn't refer anyone there.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

Got Metro PCS. They got the "PCS" right. Piece crap service. Paid 149.99 for a Stylo 2 LG phone... Service 60.00 quote UNLIMITED. Yeah right. At first I was thrilled got INSURANCE. Oh yes, 6.00 next month...had service the 8 months internet service without using wifi. FORGET IT. Dropped phone. Ok got insurance. Well we no longer have Stylo 2 so pay 149.99 for Stylo 3. Wait this was cost upfront. Well call insurance... some foreigner babbling answered. Couldn't understand a word. Got fleeced for 8 months. Horrible service!!! Wife is on Xfinity, got me another LG phone. NEVER AGAIN. BTW NO CUSTOMER SERVICE. ONLY RECORDINGS ON COMPANY SITE. WISH I COULD GIVE ZERO!!!

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

I bought a total of 5 phones from Metro PCS and the promotion was 50 dollars if you transfer from one phone company to their company so I did. He charged me 50 dollars twice when it was advertise that transfer 2 lines for a fifty dollars he charged me 100 dollars so the next month I came cause I didn't like the first phone I got and brought another phone. The phone kept going to the Metro PCS's screen and staying there so I came in to get another phone. After calling Metro PCS they told him to give me another phone so he did after telling me I got to pay my bill there to get good service. So I came back and said this phone not working either the fingerprint thing not working to charge it it kept buzzing. So I brought the phone back. He told me that I didn't pay my bill here no phone. So I was forced to keep the phone.

After calling metro customer service for 2 months the phone finally as I tried to charge it it gotten so hot and the wires smell like it was burning with a little smoke coming from the phone it was so hot it burn my hand. So I call metro they encourage me to get with a different phone company like AT&T and told me that they wanted to help me get there faster by putting my code on some on my account. So I call ZTE phone manufacturer and they told me metro was supposed to give me another phone 'cause they told metro they don't honor warranties from them. They have to replace the phone and metro keep hanging the phone in my face. They even hung the phone in zte and my face after calling for me. Every time I call they say they going to help but never do so. They hang the phone in my face or leave me on hold.

ZTE ask me to get the guy agent number so they can report him. He will not give it to me so I fell ** used beat out if my money and time cause me mental distress and I need further help to get my money for the service that's not being used. They are a bogus company that takes advantage of their customers. ZTE said they tell all the customers that to call zte not them.

Don't go to metro you will be sorry and if you don't pay your bill at this particular store at 4800 w. Fulton Chicago Illinois 60644 he will tell you to leave his store and there is nothing he can do for you when metro suppose to replace this phone. Now I'm going to call the police to get his ID customer ID so I can get the ID number so I can at least have it documented. Please I'm telling you if you don't want to get treated like this like my self and other customers don't go to Metro PCS. Cricket give you better service with their phones.

Oh yeah 1 more thing he also told me when I was trying to get me another phone that he could of got me in trouble for what I pay my bill and this service is prepaid. I've never stolen nothing at the store or got on the computer and hacked none of their data and Every time we had a bill due it will always text me and say my next bill is 399 dollars and 53 cents and so on every month and he tell me, "Don't worry I will get you good deal of what the service is," to get me to pay in person. Never had a store to threaten me this way and customer service condone this. And lastly they have rotten business. They need to be shut down. Is this illegal or what? I need to know so I can get someone to help me please. O yeah lastly he sold my daughter a broke iPhone for 150 dollars and told me he don't know what I'm talking about. This is a disgrace

Original review: Jan. 13, 2018

I went to the Metro PCS on Crowder Blvd in New Orleans, LA to pay my cell phone bill at 7:45-7:50pm and they said they're closed. I couldn't pay my bill online. I have credit card issues but to be closed 10-15 mins early is very bad for business.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2018

I left Boost Mobile and went with MetroPCS. The day I went into the store 11/30 2017 I waited approximately 2 hours to be waited on. I was waited on by a guy named Moe. I got the unlimited plan and a new phone. After I was all connected Moe handed me a headset and said to me, "Here this is for waiting". I said to him, "You don't have to do that but thank you," got my receipt and went home. On December 29th 2017 they shut off my phone because I didn't pay. My bill used to be that it went from the 30th to the 30th because that's why I go down and sign up on the 30th because that's what I pay my bill on the 30th!!! So I got my receipt and when I looked at my receipt I noticed that Moe I charge me $21.21 for the headset that he supposedly gave to me for free. I was Furious. I went down to MetroPCS and of course Moe wasn't there.

I explained the situation to the girl that was there and she told me that the headset was part of a bundle. I told her that I only use Bluetooth first of all which this headset wasn't and secondly if I had known that the headset was part of the bundle I told her that I only use Bluetooth first of all which this headset wasn't and secondly if I had known that the headset was part of the bundle I would have went back to Boost Mobile because I don't want a headset and I don't want to pay for a headset at $21.20 and when I explained to her that she shut the phone off early she told me that it goes from the 30th to the 29th so I'm wrong. So I went to Walmart to pick up Straight Talk for the phone. The new phone that I've gotten from it Metro when I put Straight Talk into the phone it activated to Straight Talk at $65 but the phone was locked because of MetroPCS the phone was locked internally.

I called MetroPCS and they told me that they would not unlock the phone because I needed to have the phone for 3 months before they can unlock it but of course this was a no contract plan and yet MetroPCS was holding me hostage for 3 months before they would unlock my phone. So now I have a phone that's not on, I have a $65 Straight Talk plan that I can't use but it's activated and Walmart refuses to take it back because it's activated. Never even left Walmart and they refuse to honor my return.

I was Furious. I went back to another Metro PCS store and I paid my bill $53. Now I'm at $110. My phone is turned back on and I swear to God on my life nothing on my phone works. My navigation keys don't work. I can't download apps any longer. I can't get to my flashlight because the pull-down screen no longer works so now I have a phone a Blaze LTE Z phone that does not work after only one month and I'm still with MetroPCS even though there's no contract. I really believe that the Attorney General should take heed to MetroPCS.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

Recently bought a phone for my wife at MetroPCS. We were told it was "no contract", which is an outright lie. When we got to our home we discovered that MetroPCS service is so poor that she cannot use the internet at all and that phone calls are missed, or dropped, or have very poor quality. We tried to switch to another carrier, but MetroPCS locks the phones that they sell to prevent you from doing so.

I called MetroPCS "customer support" (now, there's a misnomer if I ever heard one!) and they flat-out refused to unlock the phone until after we pay for 3 months of service. I explained to her that requiring me to pay for 3 months of service is, in fact, a de facto contract, so it is unethical and illegal to advertise their products and services as "no contract". I asked her why we should have to pay for a service that MetroPCS is failing to provide. I asked her repeatedly to explain why they lock their phones in the first place, but she would not answer the question. She then lied to me at least three times, e.g. that Verizon requires contracts - not true, that Verizon locks their phones too - not true, etc.

The bottom line is: MetroPCS does not stand behind the services that they promise to provide, and their services are of very poor quality. Their marketing is dishonest. Their customer service is dishonest. And because of this, my wife is stuck with a completely useless, brand new phone. Does anyone think that it is right that I should be coerced into paying for a service that MetroPCS is failing to provide? If I paid for cable TV and got no signal, I would get a refund. MetroPCS will give you absolutely zero if they fail to provide the services promised, and, quite incredibly, they will deny you the use of your own personal property (i.e. the phone that you bought) if you are unhappy about not getting the services that you paid for. How they are not facing a class action lawsuit is beyond me!

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

Jan 3, 2018, I was on Metro PCS website attempting to pay bill but webpage was down. After several attempts, I even tried several times to use automative pay, which was also saying that it was a default in my card. So I called my bank and as I knew, there was over enough money to pay for this bill. I attempted to call my #611 services to speak to a representative (No long wait✋) so I thought I was going to be assisted pretty quick being that it is 11:20 and my bill was due by 12 midnight. So rep comes on and asks for phone number and name (NOTHING) my account number (NOTHING). Rep continues to ask, "would MY account be under someone else's name". Huh? No, I personally walked into Metro PCS Dec 4, 2017 switched services (have the yellow contract in front of me from Metro PCS) over under the assumption that you all were the best of the best and now you can't find me in your system.

I even asked, "Is it something wrong with y'all systems because of the other attempts I have tried." Rep replies "No. Are you sure you didn't use another name". So of course I'm getting super??? mad. So I ask for another rep, I never received one. So I hung up! Attempted another #611 call around 11:37 p.m. (keep in mind, bill due at 12) gave this rep the same scenario. She asked the same questions ???. Oh her name was Jen! Jen places me on 2 holds and it's now 11:47. Jen returns to the phone at 11:52 and says we was running out time before 12 and that I should go to my local store and see if they can resolve issue. Huh? So see where my frustration comes in... ooopppsss! WAIT. We are are in the middle of a snowstorm, I live about 8 miles from store, I have 2 babies and this is an inconvenience to me when Metro PCS claims to have the best service.

After the many attempts that I tried to pay on their non working website (which I have screenshots) and number of tries on automative service and the fail times to speak with a rep and saying they have nothing in their system that match my phone number or name or account number. I have received texts from this company in reference to pay a bill but you saying you have nothing in your system. I can see if I didn't have proof but I have the contract right in front of me. So know by the grace of God I have phone usage because I have wifi in the home but what if I didn't? When I attempted to pay a bill. I really don't care how last minute it was to pay because my due date said 12 midnight at 1/4/18. So I could have attempted to start this process at 11:55p.m. and this still would be in Metro PCS.

Due to lack of system failure or the reps who put me in at the store in Roanoke Rapids, NC did not do their job. Which may be the case because my services there was poor and I was there over 1:30 just switching a service and getting a new service line (meaning I have 2 lines). So yes I'm very dissatisfied with all of Metro PCS and someone need to fix the issue fast and I don't intend to go out in bad weather and resolve this issue. So what are you going to do Metro PCS?

Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

Extremely rude staff!! Rude Rude Rude. The girl that sold them the phone was so rude to my sister and mother, gave her such hard time to return a Phone! They refuse to give them a refund. Didn’t explain anything correctly to my dad and took advantage of him since he doesn’t speak English and is an older man. I did file a complain against them with customer service. She claims she has the camera to proof that she did explain everything to my dad, but I know people that work at Metro and the cameras don’t record audio so that has me thinking lol!

One girl even told my sister “well didn’t you see the phone before you got it?” So rude! Our family will no longer go to that Metro PCS store! Thanks to that rude staff at Romy's Unlimited 2400 Saviers Rd Oxnard ca 93033! They make the Metro PCS company look bad! Never again will I go there! I been a Metro PCS Romy’s Unlimited customer since 2009, I will no longer be their customer! I’m writing this review on behalf of my mother since she don’t write English.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2018

Worst Service - Nightmare on Elm Street Freddie Kruger Style - We received 2 free LG Aristo phones at Metro PCS with $30 plans. NEVER ONCE were we able to use this service as a phone, incoming or outgoing calls. We had to return to the store 4 times, continuously called customer service communicating with Hanoi **, whom we couldn't understand, for HOURS. The main messages received on phone are: Emergency Calls Only, Network Not Available, Cannot Connect to Network, no dial tone, like a dead phone, not even minimum service. Basically, we paid to not have a phone. We are returning the free phones, which they should pay us to keep them, canceling service, try to get a refund and returning to Verizon which is expensive for us but it works. We will eat less to afford Verizon.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2017

I went into the Metro PCS authorized dealer store at 2533 S. Jefferson Ave, St. Louis, MO 63104, on 12/20/17 (which was also my birthday and my purchase was a birthday gift to myself) to purchase an Apt-x S 900 headset. While making the purchase the clerk tried three different headsets because I wanted to verify that the headset would pair correctly with my phone. Anyway, I got the headset home and charged it overnight, and the charge indicator showed blue, verifying a full charge.

I got to work the next day, listening to my audiobooks using my new headset and after 1-1/2 hours I heard the message stating the "battery low, please charge now". I could not understand. I took it home and tried the charging method again and got the same results the following day. I attempted to return the headset and was told all sales are final on accessories. Mind you the headset cost $35 + tax. That's not a drop in the bucket for me because I have a very tight budget. I called the customer service number to try to get some assistance with the matter and was given the runaround. No assistance resolving the matter At All.

I went back to the store and spoke with the manager, who was not very customer friendly. She DID give me another headset, but while I was in the store making the exchange the employee representative who originally assisted me interfered in the conversation with some very rude comments and was very disrespectful. I told her I was not speaking to her and that I was speaking with her manager. She continued to speak very rudely and I responded to the manager stating that she was not a good manager to stand there and allow her employee to speak to a customer in that manner. I left the store and... I WILL NEVER GO BACK AGAIN. I would also like to say I will be changing carriers as soon as I'm able.

Metro PCS Company Information

www.metropcs.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use