Metro PCS Reviews

Metro PCS
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.47/5

Metro PCS Reviews

Original review: Oct. 20, 2019

I have been a Metro PCS customer for about six years and havent had any issues with service or billing. The Metro phone app is simple and easy to use. The only issue I just had was that I wanted to change my plan to a 60.00 plan but couldnt find what I needed on the app so I called customer service and had to call 2 times because of an issue with Amazon Prime. Then I found out I was charged for both calls, $3.50 each call I guess since it was 7.00 total. So now I'm going to change phone co's since I dont think I should be charged to get help over the phone. I would have done it thru the app but what I needed wasnt on it so I had no choice but to call. I like helping underdog co's and also so there's less of a monopoly since these co's are getting so big. Anyways will be leaving to another co over that.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2019

Almost 2 years ago in 2017, I purchased the Galaxy 9 cell phone from Metro PCS in Oakwood Plaza, Hollywood. I met with Emma, a friendly, caring and knowledgeable sales lady who was happy to help me make decisions on what I wanted and needed. A few days ago, I ran into her at Oakwood Metro PCS and she remembered me. She was just as happy and helpful as she was then! I was fortunate to have help from Elaine, who ordered a tempered glass cover for my phone and called me when it came in. These ladies are terrific customer service employees at Metro PCS. Emma and Elaine are an asset to the company for their outstanding customer service relations!

Get expert buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 25, 2019

I have had Metro PCS as a service provider for six (6) years. I live in Atlanta, GA and the service is FANTASTIC! Super fast-and that includes the mobile hotspot as well! Customer service has never been a problem. I am being totally objective my review - I don't work for Metro PCS, I work for hotels. And I am not receiving any benefits for this glowing review. But one. I read countless reviews prior to purchasing ANYTHING. And as reviews help me, I would like to help YOU make an informed decision. Choose Metro PCS! I have never wanted -or thought about- another service provider. Neither will you. Metro PCS is all you need, all you will want in a cellular service provider. Never lost service, had slow speeds -I do always have a good phone- or had problems with their customer service. Or price, for that matter. This should be all the information that you need.

Original review: June 6, 2019

I had just been released from jail after a $3000 bond was made. The reasons I was in jail were fraudulent, but I'm not here to talk about that. My life at this point is on a turmoil. The date is 5/5/19. I'm DEAD BROKE. You can prob run my card, IT'LL DEF GET REJECTED/ DECLINED. See I've been here before... I KNEW, (cause I did it before), that at Metro PCS it was "possible" to get an extension, and I also KNEW that there was a fee that I had to pay to get this "possible" extension. I knew this ALL too well cause my life has its ups and its downs. Whose life doesn't have its ups and downs? We're human, NOT PERFECT... But I also knew that in "some" instances, Metro PCS could also possibly get these fees waived... It was a matter of the individual I spoke to.

I really don't like asking for charity, especially directly. Who likes that? Well I thought, I need my phone. I know they LITERALLY can accommodate my "begging", I've been a loyal customer pretty much since they opened up. So I decided that with this big T-Mobile buyout, with all the divide in AMERICA AND THE REST OF THE WHOLE WORLD, I decided that I'd try to see just how T-Mobile influenced the Metro company and way of running things. And hell, what's a lil bit of reality check gonna hurt anyone? Well, I didn't think this through, so I don't remember any names except 1, so no names.

Call # 1 - young, male, foreign, (from America that is), easily understandable, well spoken. I told him my situation, here it is, "Hello I have 2 different sets of service with you guys," but to save time, this is pretty much verbatim, "But to save time, how long have you been doing this job you're doing now for Metro?" The guy who helped me the first time, (even though I had the money to pay the extension,) was EXTREMELY POLITE, and lived by the GOLDEN RULE by waiving the "move your due date fee", myddf for short if you'd like, did it for me a little bit over a year ago. So if the guy been there 2 years or more, I can pretty much assume that he can literally do the same, RIGHT??? He says, "Excuse me. Oh ok I understand, I've been doing this job for 2 years and something."

So now, I feel that I KNOW that he KNOWS about this myddf, and more than likely, the waiving of it.. So I proceed straightforward, me: "Ok, so you've been at Metro a while, I have a MAJOR issue. I'm completely broke," (I explained, and he repeated. I might add my situation of being completely broke fresh out of jail.) I straightforwardly asked him, "CAN YOU get the fee waived", quite bluntly. Which I know they have to ask their supervisor and all that, but I'm asking you personally if you would go to the guy above you and at least try, in this small and extremely insignificant way, to help another human being out. I guess you might see where I'm now prob heading right?

How much is the GOLDEN RULE still alive in our society. Which prob half of the millennials don't even know the definition of, the GOLDEN RULE is, DO ONTO OTHERS AS YOU'D LIKE TO BE DONE ONTO YOURSELF just in case anyone didn't know lol. But this is the first guy. He wasn't even willing to go to his upper and ask. He was logged into my second account, and my password for both accounts are identical. NO MISTAKING THEM. Well I heard the cowardness when he very "sternly" explained that there was no way, it was against the rules, bla bla bla. I thought COWARD and hung up.

Call#2 Same description, young, male, blablabla, only a little harder to understand (in America). Oh well. I explain, "THERE IS NO WAY WE CAN DO THIS, IF YOU DON'T PAY 50 NOW, YOUR SERVICES WILL BE CUT OFF." COWARD NUMBER 2. I just hung up.

Call#3 This is why I wish I had wrote their name and number down. A female, soft spoken, SEEMED NEW AT THE COMPANY, well spoken, polite, everything I said introducing the first 2 gentlemen I talked to applied to her, AND more. She was the first person to even bring the question to her Supervisor, the Supervisor had a heart and okayed it. So the young lady (which has obviously never been in this situation cause she was stuttering a tiny bit, and didn't know exactly how to react. But nevertheless, came back after talking to her supervisor about waiving the "myddf" (move your due date fee), and flawlessly took her stand to STAND ON THE GOLDEN RULE AND SHE DID ONTO ANOTHER THE WAY SHE WOULD LIKE TO HAVE BEEN DONE ONTO HERSELF...

WELL. She completed my request for the first account. I've got to remember SHE WENT STRAIGHT BACK TO HER SUPERVISOR AND ASKED AGAIN, and he obliged once more so that I could not worry about this particular matter, especially when he found out what mess I was facing. So she very willingly starts to log into my 2nd account, guess what, both the same and both unforgettable once you hear them, the password was changed. Remember that call#1 we were logged into my 2nd account. That guy actually changed my password without asking.

RIGHT THERE, not when he didn't ask his authority about my situation. Him changing my password put a - (an actual negative) in the equation of this lil experiment I decided to try to gauge where we are in WORLD as being HUMAN BEINGS, as far as the the GOLDEN RULE applied, and kinda just where we are as a society. But anyway, we tried backup questions, it was my second account, wrong answer. So she says, "Oh hey, I'll just send a text to your phone. Once you get it could you kindly repeat the 6 digit code?" I get the text and OL'FUMBLE HANDS ME goes to look at it and HITS THE giant RED END BUTTON. Here we go again.

Call#4. Female, well spoken, a little flirty lol, but ABSOLUTELY DID NOT BELIEVE ME AND WAS GOING TO CHARGE ME $50 to proceed to move my due date and would not budge...even after I in no uncertain terms told her that if my phone would have been disconnected I was NOT RECONNECTING WITH THEM. I told her I already done it on 1 line, I also told her that it would prob be good practice to write the name and number down when she answered the phone, prime example, the last lady was in the direct middle of changing my password, and she could not call me back, cause she never took note of my number.

I waited for her to call me back believe me. But after informing this lady of this problem, she didn't take any reference of the number. She just absolutely would not give it a second thought, even though I CLEARLY stated that I had been with them since they opened, and it was also already done to one of my accounts. No budge. But polite about it. (VALUED CUSTOMER RIGHT.) There's absolutely NO WAY I could lose a 2 year customer because he's in a bind and clearly asking for help....

Call#5. FINALLY, Mrs/Ms Fatima. I'm sorry Ms. Fatima for not including your employee number, but my phone went dead and I only entered the text into a text format, but never sent it. So it was lost with my phone dying. YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE AND I WILL NEVER FORGET YOUR VOICE. HOPE TO TALK AGAIN. Ms. Fatima easily understood ALL of what I was saying, she competently relayed what was going on to the guys/women above her, she absolutely took my word. Even if I was lying to her, she understood the value of a loyal customer. She knew that what I was clearly and honestly asking for help and she made it happen.

EVEN BEFORE I told her that the first lady already had done it to my first line. She was amazing in her professionalism. Talked calmly, and even though she had to put me on hold for a min or 2 cause they were doing conference calls. She, and her supervisor, maybe, she might have been a supervisor, knew what the outcome would be as soon as she grasped my concept.

My thoughts, it's extremely EASY, and getting easier, get into and stay in the divide of them and us/me. And that's where we are, there's YouTube videos asking the question, "Are Background People Real" as in asking oneself. Like three movies, they got the main roles=us and our inner circles, 2nd class rolls, people that are acquaintances, and like the movies. People we don't know but you can see walking down every busy street there is. ARE THEY? Just like my lil experiment, the answers' the same. It's absolutely, completely up to YOU.

We've been so indoctrinated and disinformed that our values will make the decision for us. We don't even have to think about it. Well, I'm happy to see, when it all boils down, the GOLDEN RULE still shines bright. And we need to reexamine the words VALUED CUSTOMER. In the end everything is fine, just 1 night's experience. Thank you Metro PCS and Ms./Mrs. Fatima. If anyone needs to contact me about this ** or **. Thanks for listening.

Original review: March 2, 2019

Every time I call, I'm never waiting more than 30 seconds for an agent. The agents are always really courteous and helpful. The service itself has some issues, like calls going straight to my voicemail instead of ringing or getting text messages several minutes late, but those problems are likely related to area cell phone towers and not specific to MetroPCS. When I have had issues with the service the agents were able to help me reset my connection/network settings and resolve the issue immediately. Those issues were usually caused by me, playing with settings that I shouldn't have touched because I didn't fully understand them. I have been a customer for several years and love it! Their prices can't be beat either. The plans now include Amazon Prime too, which is really awesome because you save money by getting that service through them and bundled with your phone plan so it's one easy, low cost bill each month.

I highly recommend MetroPCS to anyone and everyone looking for a cheap, reliable, unlimited plan with NO contract. I don't understand why anyone would go anywhere else, where they charge you monthly for your phone, phone plan, and data and lock you in for years. That's crazy! MetroPCS also has deals on new phones all the time with instant or mail-in rebates. You can get the newest phones, like iPhones, at a low price instead of having to pay hundreds up front or an extra $40-50 monthly plus the cost of your plan. Plus Androids are better than iOS but that's a whole different argument.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Metro PCS?

Original review: Feb. 14, 2020

I should of Never left, because everything about Metro is the best. Best internet service everything. Since I've been with sucky Boost Mobile I'm definitely coming back as a happy belated customer to Metro, because I trust them over any cell phone company out there. Screw Boost Mobile. They suck. Metro by T-Mobile you're Awesome.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2020

Hey there. I used to be a Metro PCS fan for years because they had the best deals hands down and during hard times when bill due you could get 2 or 3 extensions. But back Sept I purchased metro like I always love metro. But in November I moved onto like country area and my service didn't work unless I was on wifi or my friends hotspot unless I was heading to the city with my friends whenever they stopped by. So month go by. Auto pay successful exactly a week before Thanksgiving 2019. 30 days of service. 1gb only. Used 60 dollars. Around December 10 called. Told them the situation. No service at my home only wifi maybe once a week when headed to the city I get a service but they said they were going to investigate so another successful auto pay. 2.1 GB. 30days. No calls. I don't talk so that 120 dollars. 3.1 GB. 2 months still no contact for investigation so I decided screw them.

I'm going go to another company and just use this phone I purchased in September. So I call customer service. So they say I been a great customer. Would everything to keep customers happy. So how can they help me. Gave her my info so I asked can I get my phone unlock. "Yes Mr. Have your phone unlocked right away." Then, "Oh your phone ain't eligible to be unlocked." Say it's not a leased phone. So in my mind I'm thinking when they start locking phone you paid $359 for with cash. No credit check so that's my phone. But since I terminated my service in 97 days and basically 60days wasted 120 dollars with metro pcs. But 3.1 gb 60days. "But I understand you sir. But you can get unlock." "How mam?" "Just reactivate your service for 83 more days and it'll be unlocked." That right. Made me MAD AS HELL because I told her the situation and looked up the notes so confirms me she gets it.

Basically screw you and pay us 180 more and 87 days of useless service and wasted money. Then she says something about their policy so for unlock so I tell her about they say that they have good service but I don't thinks that fair. They wont unlock person phone especially when my time with them wasn't a great experience but they lost a good customer. I rather deal with a contract with deposits than treated like shit. My name is Ernest **. You can find me on Facebook if anyone can help me anyway on this matter no talking about money just for unlock help or if that's legal and my rights thanks in advance. My number is **.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2020

My husband and I switched providers to Metro PCS, we wanted international service which we didn’t have with our other provider. However we never had any problems with our other provider as far as service. Metro charged us $130 to do the activation and transfer. We did not purchase their phones. Ours were definitely better but when we got home we started experiencing dropped calls, we could not send text messages that had a picture attached, it took hours for them to get sent if they even were sent. Some were not.

Went back to the phone store four times. A 25 minute ride each way each time. On the 4th visit I was told that though they use T-Mobile towers they do not have access to all of them as a third party and that the problem was signal strength in our area. I cancelled my service, changed providers, and called to have $130 refunded and was told that I only had seven days to get a refund. I called again the next day to speak with a rep. Since they promised to see what they could do to help me. Of course NO RETURNED CALL, and was told the same thing. NO help!!! My husband and I are on Social Security $130 is a lot of money for NOTHING!!!!

Original review: Jan. 28, 2020

I have 4 lines and I pay 100 with Metro. This company sent me a message by text with a promotion for 4 lines, Amazon Prime and Google 1 for 120. Call asking about the promotion. The agent located in Mexico tells me that I have to pay $70.00 dollars for the change. I declined and asked to stay as I was then the agent tells me that he cant reverse it. I told him that I never authorized to be changed now. Several days later days later my phone has no data. Is not working. I need data for my employment and these people have put my job in jeopardy. Have been with them on the phone for at least 3 HOURS!!! And they hang up on you. Save yourself the aggravation. Stay away from this company. Dont get swindled.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2020

Avoid the METRO PCS and use another service provider as I have chosen to. Pricing is attractive on 4 lines however you (Don’t Get What You Pay For). I have poor-no service on my new iPhone 11 line as well as the androids. I was told that service in my area was to be looked into and not good due to poor tower signal in my area. I’m in the heart of the city of CHICAGO ILLINOIS!!! This Makes NO SENSE! I canceled 2 lines today and will be moving the other 2 back to Verizon at the end of the month. Metro PCS customer service representatives are located in the Philippines, India, and several other non-fluent English speaking countries based on my experience. Prepare for a recording stating that there is a 30.5 second wait EVERY TIME! Lol.

Prepare to laugh at the beginning of the conversation. Mine began with a ridiculous child like introduction; “Hi, Hope you’re having a supercalifragilistic day”. I couldn’t understand the broken English being spoke. No chance! After spending an hour on a call that should have been 15 minutes; I was hung up on 3 times after being placed on hold awaiting for a credit. The 4th time I called back I was told that there was no credit and I would have to escalate the matter as I did 6 months ago. Metro Pcs has left a bad taste in my mouth and we will inform consumers of their poor business services and practices everywhere possible.

Is your car out of warranty?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right extended auto warranty for you.

Metro PCS Company Information