1.54/5

Metro PCS Reviews

1648 Metro PCS Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 23, 2019

One of the reasons we chose Metro PCS was because we can switch phones for free if one is broke with no issue. Call customer service and they would help you program your phone. I called customer service today and was informed that I would have to have another verification sent to my old phone instead of just giving my account password to activate my new one. The old phone is not functionable. Then was told that I have to go into a store and pay 15 dollars to switch phones instead of the convenience of just calling and switching like I used to.

This change apparently happened in March of 2019 without any notification. I asked for a supervisor and was ignored the first 2 times of asking only to then be put on hold for 30 minutes. Also, signed up for Metro PCS that included Amazon Prime. That worked for about a month until Amazon started billing me separately. I called Metro right away and they claimed to have fixed it. Which never happened. This company is the worst with breaching their "no contract" terms and services.

Original review: April 20, 2019

On April 15th. I went to the Metro PCS store. 610 North Ashley Street Valdosta to get new service. I was assured by the agent. That I had good coverage in my area. When I took the phone home had no service in my area. It says 'emergency calls only', went back to the store the store was closed. When back to the store on the 16th. I was told the manager is the only person that could give me a refund. Was told he he would be at the store at 4:30 that day. At 3:30 that day I called the store to make sure the manager was going to be there at 4:30. I was assured that he would be there at 4:30. At 4:20 I arrived at the store. The manager was not there. I asked the representatives to call the manager. Manager said he would be there by quarter to 5, I waited for 1 hour. Manager never showed. I contacted the Metro PCS. Corporate office. Today. I'm still waiting for a refund.

Get expert buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 19, 2019

At the Metro PCS store they gave me a phone that Bluetooth don't work.. Took it back to the store for them to fix.. They couldn't fix it and then told me they can switch my phone out when I just got the phone 30 mins ago. The Metro PCS store in Las Vegas, NV 3739 E Desert Inn Rd Ste. 6, Las Vegas, NV 89121.

Original review: April 17, 2019

Who is monitoring Metro by T-MOBILE and their activity of pirating existing, long standing, active, phone numbers and IP addresses, and without warning terminates the account and it shows up as an active SPRINT account the next day!!!! I had my account for 9.5 years; always paid on time and now have to update my financial, physicians and family of the forced change. I am livid especially when I found many many more with the same problem listed on Consumer Affairs regarding MetroPCS merge with T-Mobile. The stress this has caused me and left me without a phone is scary as I am a heart patient and on Social Security, cannot afford another phone and activation fees to have this new luxury!!!

Original review: April 12, 2019

Ever since MetroPCS activated their merge with T-Mobile, they have done nothing but mess up my whole account! They seem to have deleted my 8 digit security number, which I've had for many, many years! This makes it impossible for me to pay for my service! They can take my payment over the phone however, but then they want to charge a service fee! It's not my fault that they have deleted my security pin! It's funny how they can find me when I pay a service fee though! They can't waive it though! Therefore, they have lost a loyal customer of many years because of this nonsense! They don't know how to rectify a situation that they've created.

In essence, they'd rather lose the customer's business, over a measly $3 fee! That's bad business altogether, and I want nothing more to do with them! Their customer service agents can't use their brains enough to rectify a situation! Their supervisors don't care! So now, neither do I! I want a company who actually does care, and who actually acknowledges a loyal customer!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Metro PCS?

Original review: April 10, 2019

After 8 years of paying my phone bill promptly Metro PCS gave my number to some identity fraud people in Miami without my consent. When I called to find out why my phone wasn't working they said I can have a new number because mine was given out. Since then I've been hacked through Uber, my credit cards, even my email. Useless company that helps scam artists. Stay away from this criminal negligence.

Original review: April 9, 2019

I went online to change over from my current service to a Metro PCS plan using my own phone. Customer Service online said "No Problem" and to pick up a sim card from my local Metro store. I got there and inquired about the card and clearly these guys seemed uneducated in their job. A young Hispanic male, glasses and slight mustache with a goatee. He had a name badge too low to see. He informed me the last time he switch this type of service it took him 5 hours to complete! I had all the information required to make the switch. After several bug eyes and eye rolling from all three service reps, I was told that my phone was not compatible (after being told otherwise online) and that it would be best to go with a free phone and new number. Not once was I asked how I use my phone or what are my phone's needs were.

Original review: April 8, 2019

I am the administrator of my account, in order to access your MetroPCS account you must be able to verify your 8 digit security pin and your security question along with the answer. My boyfriend that is also on my account was able to call customer service and have my pin and security question changed with only providing an email and my zip code, while doing so keep in mind that he is only calling them from a phone on my account that is NOT the administrator phone, so after it's all said and done I have been locked out of my account with my account also put on HIGH RISK STANDING meaning that the only way I can have the situation resolved is by personally visiting a retail store. IDIOTS IDIOTS.

Original review: April 7, 2019

I received a message from Metro PCS saying: "Great news. Your special offer New Line/AAL $50 Instant Rebate has been applied. Thank you for choosing Metro by T-Mobile!" English language used indicates the "Rebate has been applied" which is past tense, meaning it has been done. I checked account for ** and other phone I activated and after 6 days, no Rebate applied. I explained it to a few Customer Service Reps and they argued with me and lied saying the above text means a promotion was applied if I add a line to the account. I explained the text doesn't say or mean that anywhere. Instead of helping resolve this, the Reps argued and supervisor insulted me. Representative Johnny ** and his subordinates made attempts to change the meaning of the simple English text and Johnny told me I am trying to take advantage of Metro PCS.

Original review: April 3, 2019

I went to the nearest Metro PCS store in my town and at first the people working there were polite and trying hard to sell me the product. I thought it was great and decided that I should move from Virgin Mobile, as I had been having problems with the phone I had from them. Because I had been a customer for so long with Virgin, I had a $25 monthly plan with unlimited data and up to 5GB of high-speed data, if not more (can't recall, I just remember it was a really good deal). Moving to Metro put me off in that area a little because they would charge me $30 for a 2GB high speed data plan. After that it's "unlimited data" but little did I know, the internet would not load for anything after my high-speed ran out. If it managed to load, it would take minutes just to load Google itself. It's terrible.

The selection of phones is so crappy, and to top it all off, I ran into a problem with my phone (it wasn't receiving texts properly the first week I got it) so I went back to the same store, spoke with the same people, and all of a sudden they're rude. Such a disappointment. I regret switching out of Virgin. I do not recommend this company.

Don't even bother trying to call their customer service, either. It's one answering machine after another until you can finally get through, unless you press 0 for all the options, and even then the people you speak with don't know what they're talking about. I've called once regarding a text I got from the company about new plans, and when I called to ask about them the people were not informed. Another thing to add is that whatever special deals they have concerning plans, you need to call them to learn about them. It would be so easy to add plan descriptions to the crappy app they have and allow the customer to change it through there, but of course everything has to be made difficult.

Original review: April 2, 2019

I paid my bill like always...online, in the comfort of my home, and even ask for the balance to be texted to me. I have been doing this for years. The next day, our four (4) phone lines were shut off. I had to call 611 and ask for an extension to make a phone call. The automated system kept saying I owed $3.82. I call the Jensen Beach, FL store located on Jensen Beach Blvd. A guy answered and was very rude and told me I paid the wrong amount. The problem was that I paid it online and I should have come into the store to pay my bill. When I told him not to talk to me that way, he stated that I needed to call back and speak with someone else. I asked, "Are you telling me you won't help me." He stated I needed to call back.

When I did call back, spoke with Lydia. She gave me an 888 phone number to call and find out why I had a balance. When I called it turned out this was MetroPCS's fault with some glitch in the system. This was the worst customer service experience I ever encountered when it wasn't even my fault. That guy at the Jensen Beach, FL store located on Jensen Beach Blvd was downright rude and needs to be trained. I think someone forgot to tell him that the customer is always right even if they are wrong. In this case, I wasn't even wrong. It was a glitch in the system with MetroPCS.

Original review: March 30, 2019

I had been with them for over a year with no issues. I bought an unlocked phone because they do not offer the phone that I wanted. I went to a franchised Metro PCS store where I was told the phone would not work. They acted funny so I checked online, still said phone will not work. I finally went to Boost Mobile and they said that it WOULD work. I paid all the fees and 1st month of service, phone would not work. Rep at store "could not figure out why". Went home to get old phone, decided to try Metro SIM card in new phone...worked! So, at Boost I can only get refunded 70.00 out of 110.00 and they get mad and pouty at customer service, say that they show that you paid in cash not the debit card that shows on your receipt along with the confirmation # from the transaction, so they have to send a check in 8-10 days. TOTAL BS and unethical company.

#2. I had paid my bill with Metro and had 20 days left on my cycle, will not continue the billing cycle because I cancelled the account because they lie like this to everyone (One if the 6 CSAs at Metro admitted to me they always lie about unlocked phones not being compatible so you think that you have to buy theirs) so, I already lost a lot of money with Boost because of their lie not to mention SIX CALLS to their customer service (I was very nice to them until the sixth call) trying to resolve this. They refused to call Boost like they are supposed to, knowing I no longer had ANY kind of phone service, to get Boost to release my # back to them, so I had to change my #, they would not continue my bill so I had to pay 50.00 again, but, oh, they were so nice and did not charge the 15.00 activation, how freaking swell of them.

What should have only cost me 15.00 in the first place cost me over 100.00 because these UNETHICAL piece of crap companies all lie. WHY ARE PRACTICES LIKE THIS NOT ILLEGAL? MAYBE IT'S TIME FOR A FEW CLASS ACTION SUITS because you all know they do this to probably 100s of people every day! I would have gone with another cell provider but it would have cost me a lot more than what I was already out. Hey, US government! Why don't you try protecting your citizens for a change and do more than a half-** five minute investigation of these companies and actually have penalties for their illegal/unethical business practices other than a nasty note and a 100.00 fine or whatever you CLAIM to do and actually make it count against them and actually get them where it will permanently hurt.

Original review: March 30, 2019

I have the $50.00 unlimited plan. Have had it for over a year now with Metro. Found out the hard way what unlimited means in Metro language. I'm a fast learner so ok, I didn't read the fine print, I went over a data cap I didn't know existed, I agree and pay a $5.00 top it off fee. So that's $55.00 right? Nope. Had to pay at store $3.00 fee for paying a $5.00 fee for going over the limit on a $50.00 unlimited plan. In what world does this make sense? Corporate America. They're fraudulent in their practices and extorting money is an acceptable corporate policy.

If you go over your data on an unlimited plan, they will cut your data, but they won't tell you this or admit it. You can pay a "top it off fee" that doesn't exist but they will take your money and that in turn gets you more data. If you do not accept this and complain expect to have your SIM card and or your device to start having connection problems that will result in you having no connection, no data, no phone, no text, being told it's a problem with your phone, you need an upgrade, software is outdated, network won't connect, SIM card errors, they have a neat little trick they do with the SIM card that's very special. They're crooks and thieves and if it were you or I doing similar things we would be indicted by our peers for theft. But because we are a band of sheep instead of brothers we fall, one by one to the corporate giants that are writing government policy on what they can do and what we can't.

Original review: March 28, 2019

My son got Metro PCS and put me on his plan. He has service. I do not where I live. I have been calling Metro PCS since 2018 and this is March 2019 to complain to get it fixed. I have full bars but no data. I can't call or text since I have no data. I call Metro PCS. They tell me I should be able to but I can't. But if I go to town I can because I have data. Now, "Why does every other provider work at my house but not yours" I ask. All they can say is, "We are sorry for the inconvenience and we are working on the problem." Sure you are. I ask them to compensate me for not being able to use my phone because I don't leave my house much for I have some mental issues. They said, "We don't do that." So out of the last six months I have paid 40 a month for my half of the bill and I have maybe been able to use it 2 months only when I go to town which is really hard for me.

Original review: March 28, 2019

I was transferring from Metro PCS to a plan with a family member on T-Mobile and Metro locked me out of my own phone for several days. I spent an hour waiting in the store at T-Mobile to pick up the sim card that was suppose to be delivered the next day which never showed up... Then went to the store and had to wait forever to pick up the sim card. Then when they installed the sim card Metro locked my phone. So here I am still waiting... for them to send me the unlock code so I can get back my cell service. Then I ventured to Metro, waited another hour while they were on the phone with Tech department for over an hour which in turn they could not unlock my phone. This company has no right to lock a phone that I OWN! NOT OK! So I will never be using Metro again nor will I refer anyone else.

Original review: March 28, 2019

Coolpad Android Phone never Googles correctly, slow even after cache is cleaned, ads, & virus threats pop up too much! Too many negative issues with it & all the reps want to do is go over the same things that you the customer have already done before you made the phone call to them. Duh! If the going gets too tough & they don't have the answer, now it's almost time for an upgrade. Stop it & do better Metro. Some people do pay their bill on time & would like exceptional service instead of no signals, or very little all the time!

Original review: March 27, 2019

The endless “reading from a script” and worn out introductions & unnecessary walkthrough explanations of every step to then get to the outdated and poor security code text that’s never unique. The signal is now OBVIOUSLY THROTTLED because it’s in the snapshots I’ve got on hand here.

Original review: March 26, 2019

Since TMobile took over is more money, more complicated. Metro used to be trouble free, simple service. You are forced to change pin number no matter if you want it or not. Phone selection is getting better but not the best, prices going up and only up.

Original review: March 24, 2019

I was a Metro PCS customer for over 2 years during which I purchased 3 cellphones. Phone #1 the hearing element went bad whereas I was unable to hear the other party except via the speakerphone. Phone #2 the face stopped working and I could no longer access the phone, so I went back to phone #1. This phone died one night and would not charge or come on at all. I responded to a Metro PCS store for assistance and was advised phone was unable to be repaired and needed to be replaced. I was advised I was eligible for an upgraded phone. I declined an upgrade and purchased a replacement phone (so I thought). At work that night phone#1 came on and worked just fine.

The very next day I returned the replacement phone because I did not need it and it would not sync with the Bluetooth in my car. The clerk was not familiar with the refund process and called a manager who stated another employee would call and walk him through the process. During that call the clerk advised me I was unable to return the phone because it was considered an upgrade and "upgrades" are nonreturnable and nonrefundable. Metro PCS doesn't have a "replacement" phone category and justifies refusing to accept returns as a result.

You can return a $20,000 vehicle within an allotted time limit but not a $40.00 cellphone? You're kidding me. The phone I purchased was a downgrade because I went from an Alcatel 6 to a regular Alcatel. I am appalled that I have not received a refund after almost 2 months now. I have been fighting with this company over a rule THEY created to take advantage of people. This is poor customer service and they should no be able to take advantage of people in this way. Please stop Metro PCS from committing this crime against its customers.

Original review: March 18, 2019

DONT BUY AN IPHONE WITH METRO. THEY WILL GIVE YOU THE RUNAROUND FOR THE NETWORK UNLOCK CODE!!! I bought my iPhone cash. Was with 1 year had to get my phone replaced by insurance. Decided to change providers because I did not have service in a lot of places. I called a week before to unlock phone. They said I had not been with them 180 days, which I was and their policy clearly states that the 180 days count from 1st day of activation not when the phone was replaced.

I waited called once I had had my phone 180 days. They said I qualified for my phone to be unlocked and that it was done automatically. Once week later I move providers...surprise your phone is locked. Called Metro and they submitted a ticket to technical support... It's been 15 days and I'm still waiting. They keep giving the runaround with no resolution. I get different answers every time I call and I cannot get a US based customer service representative. Each rep keeps guaranteeing they will expedite and I will get the email with code next day nothing... Horrible. Worst experience ever.

Original review: March 18, 2019

Now that Metro PCS is a part of T-Mobile, I anticipate continued excellence in their service and even more reasons to remain a customer of this wireless service. When I became a Metro customer I just wanted a cellphone. What I got was helpful service, great data plan options and a good variety in choice of phones to suit different needs.

Original review: March 15, 2019

The internet on my service has been crap ever since they changed to T-Mobile. It’s supposed to be unlimited but it’s so slow I can’t watch Amazon Prime which they forced me to sign up for. I can’t listen to streaming for music. It only works about halfway into my monthly service.

Original review: March 6, 2019

Was a Cricket Wireless customer for years until February 27, 2019 when they cancelled my service over a mobile hotspot issue. Went to the Metro store in DeSoto by Subway, showed them the text from Cricket, canceling my service, and they GAVE ME a free Galaxy phone and a Alcatel Mobile Hotspot device with 45 gigs of hotspot data absolutely FREE. And transferred my phone number. All I had to do, was pay for the service. Now that’s Great Customer Service. Thanks Metro PCS.

Original review: March 5, 2019

My uncle just passed away and I called to cancel his phone. He prepaid and has a credit of $60. So they tell me they can't refund because it isn't the full $180 he had paid. So they get to keep his $60 that we could use to pay a medical bill. I would never recommend prepaying with them. I think it's horrible that they just get to keep his $$. I wouldn't even recommend getting a phone with them at all. I only put 1 star because I had to. They deserve a big fat ZERO!

Original review: March 4, 2019

Well on 2/28/2019 I researched online Metro PCS service in the location I was buying. Their site said fair service, so I went to the nearest store and plan to change cell phone service providers. The service had no service at my new home. While discussing this with the salesperson I was informed that I could get a free phone. Well I did not need the phone so I just wanted their service. I needed the cheapest price for voice and data that was the $40 plan. However, I was told that the company required me to purchase the $60 plan and then I could turn it back after the first month. I purchased the plan and paid $76.98 for my first month and the activation charge.

I left the store, rode directly to where I was going to be living and found that I had no service. So within 30 minutes I knew this service was no good and I could not use it as my service. I went back to the store. Was informed that the salesperson could not refund my money.The manager had to who was not there. He told me he would call me soon. I waited several hours and received no callback. I went back to the store and he told me that his manager could do it tomorrow and that he would call me.

Well again no call. So on the third day I go back and speak with the manager on the phone who told me she could refund my money at noon on Monday. I went back on Monday and she was not there but someone else spoke to me on the phone explaining because I did not buy their phone that they could not refund my money. So they can make you purchased the highest priced plan and when their service does not work they can keep every penny of your money. I will never go buy with Metro PCS again and I will tell everyone to stay away from their stores. They are not into customer service but how to rip off their customers. I am also calling the Better Business Bureau and placing a complaint.

Original review: March 4, 2019

Metro PCS should be shut down the way they be having our data go slow when it's time for your bill then they text you for two weeks straight to remind you. Mind you they charge me 10 for 4 gigs when he supposed to 5 for 4. Wow these foreigners are getting all the way over on us and the government is allowing it. They steal our identity and send it to they people's...

Original review: March 3, 2019

I am extremely disappointed and have been without a cell phone for about 4 days now! I am frustrated to the max with Metro PCS! I would have never gave METRO PCS an opportunity to be my phone carrier if I knew the process of buying a new phone or replacing a lost phone was this ridiculous. To make a long story short I lost my phone. I put a claim in and I was supposed to receive my phone on March the 1st. Needless to say I I still have not received my phone and today is March the 3rd! I even tried to just go buy a new phone. I was told it's no way to access my account without my 8 digit pin which I forgot. I also forgot the answer to my security question.

So the employee in the store told me I'd have to call customer care to reset my pin. Customer service told me if I provide a valid photo ID that I could get the pin reset in the store. However that was not the case. I was sent to another location. The next location told me they could not help me without my pin as well. I was told to call customer service and see what to do next. I was told I'd have to drive to another location even further away from home but this location was the corporate office. I do not have the time in my schedule to be driving all over the world!!! Just to replace a phone! I am an electrician with a very demanding schedule. I was then told to call customer service again! At this point I am just tired of dealing with the lack of professionalism with Metro PCS. It is just such an inconvenience to me and my life. I have no cellphone! And I cannot deal with this.

Original review: March 2, 2019

Every time I call, I'm never waiting more than 30 seconds for an agent. The agents are always really courteous and helpful. The service itself has some issues, like calls going straight to my voicemail instead of ringing or getting text messages several minutes late, but those problems are likely related to area cell phone towers and not specific to MetroPCS. When I have had issues with the service the agents were able to help me reset my connection/network settings and resolve the issue immediately. Those issues were usually caused by me, playing with settings that I shouldn't have touched because I didn't fully understand them. I have been a customer for several years and love it! Their prices can't be beat either. The plans now include Amazon Prime too, which is really awesome because you save money by getting that service through them and bundled with your phone plan so it's one easy, low cost bill each month.

I highly recommend MetroPCS to anyone and everyone looking for a cheap, reliable, unlimited plan with NO contract. I don't understand why anyone would go anywhere else, where they charge you monthly for your phone, phone plan, and data and lock you in for years. That's crazy! MetroPCS also has deals on new phones all the time with instant or mail-in rebates. You can get the newest phones, like iPhones, at a low price instead of having to pay hundreds up front or an extra $40-50 monthly plus the cost of your plan. Plus Androids are better than iOS but that's a whole different argument.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

I spent about 45 minutes trying to pay my bill online, but the system was apparently "down". I thought that it would be easier to drive to the store and quickly pay it. When I arrived at the store an agent confirmed that the system was in fact down! I then asked to pay the bill, until another agent informed me that there's an in-store fee and a fee if I pay using the machine? I asked if the fee could be waived since their system was preventing me from paying the bill my usual way. I was told no and that I should pay the bill using my cell phone? If that's not my preferred method, why would I do it that way? I thought that it was unfair to ask me to pay the extra fee and poor customer service towards a loyal customer! So, if you're planning on using MetroPCS keep in mind the additional fees just to pay your bill!

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

Did research/brought our own phone. Went with Metro based on what was presented. Was told earbuds were free with activation; bill indicated we paid 14.99. $3 payment processing fee in store? That information was not shared when I went to the store to pay the 1st bill. BS; pay online. Wouldn't acknowledge/deal with issues in store; would not elevate higher (even when contacted national customer service with issues). Lots of comparable plans out there; will look into and move on. 2 months in. Not impressed.

Metro PCS Company Information