2.15/5
  • 1 star
Based on 337 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Dec. 6, 2017

1332 Metro PCS Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

I went to Metro PCS located at 4205 Curry Ford Rd. Orlando, FL 32806 yesterday, December 4, 2017 at approximately 4:13 pm. The purpose for my visit was because I've had my phone for almost 3 yrs now and I don't have enough storage space and therefore, I'm unable to update any current apps or download any new ones. So I went in to see what my options were. In addition to my phone, I wanted to inquire about getting my sons phone fixed as well because only one side of the screen was working. When I walked in I was greeted by **. She asked me if I was making a payment and I said no and then I proceeded to tell her why I was there. She said to let her finish helping another customer and then she would help me. I didn't know she was still in the middle of helping someone because she asked me about the payment.

I waited while she finished helping the gentleman and then she helped one other gentleman before she attended to me. I explained to her the issue I was having with my phone and she suggested for me to buy a memory card. After I made my purchase and she installed it into my phone, I tried to update an app and it worked fine. However, for whatever reason, ALL of the pictures I took with my camera were gone! If it wasn't a picture that was downloaded or on my social media, it was completely wiped out! Unfortunately, none of these pictures were backed up on my google account. (I learned my lesson!!) The worst part about all of this was that there were a lot of pictures of my late husband on my phone and now they're gone forever! When I discovered this, my heart sank! I felt like I had been stabbed in the chest! If I would've known that was going to happen, I would've just bought a new phone.

Now a lot of good and precious memories are gone forever due to ** negligence! Another lady that was working there, (I apologize I didn't get her name.) She was a young girl maybe 20-25, long black hair and brown eyes, 5'0-5'5" attempted to help me but after being there for over an hour we still didn't get anywhere. I had to leave and pick up my children from school. The longer I was there the more upset I became. My face was hot and covered in tears because I was completely devastated! The lady told me that I could come back later because they close at 7 pm. I didn't think it was a good idea. I was way too upset!!

I did go back today, December 5, 2017 at approximately 6:45 pm. In the midst of all the destruction of my memories, I never got a chance to get my son a new phone. When I went back in today, ** was there but I steered clear of her! A gentleman by the name of ** helped me. He was working yesterday when I was there but he didn't help me so he didn't know what the full story was. I told him what happened and he was extremely apologetic and empathized with me. Something similar happened to him so he knew how heartbreaking it felt to go through that. He attempted to help me as well for almost an hour to no avail. By this time the store was already closed. He offered to do some research and see if there's any way I can get my pictures back. I gave him my cell phone number and he said he will be in touch.

I bought my son a new phone but prior to doing so, ** asked me for my password like I would imagine they do with all the customers but for some reason it was coming up as invalid. I showed him my ID so that he would see that is in fact my password (dob). Then I realized that it's my son's phone and its under his password, not mine. So what, right? Wrong! When I provided the same exact information to ** yesterday (my password, not my son's, 2 different accounts and not linked in any way) she never bothered to tell me that I had given her the wrong information! That's proof right there that she's incompetent at her job! What if I had stolen that phone? My son has had his phone for almost a year so this was the first time that they asked me for the password so I completely forgot that it was under his information instead of mine.

It's easy to forget something if you haven't used it in almost a year! But to make me think that I'm using the right information shows me a lot about ** character. She's dishonest, lacks integrity and had absolutely no remorse for the mistake that she made! She never even bothered to apologize! Would it have resolved the issue? No! But when you make a mistake you should at least say you're sorry!! My husband is gone and those pictures were a part of our beautiful memories that I can never get back nor replace!! I hope nobody else has to ever go through this! I would've just bought a new phone! It's not worth the aggravation! I felt like I had to bury my husband all over again!!

If you live in or are planning on visiting the Orlando area and you happen to stop by this location, stay away from **! Unless you like having your memories shattered! Go to **. He is a great guy! Thank you for taking the time to read this and be sure to hug and kiss your loved ones everyday and tell them you love them everyday! Even if they're being a pain in the neck love them anyway! Life is too short and it's extremely precious! Don't let what happened to me happen to you! I wish I would've had a warning! I guess it had to happen to me so it wouldn't happen to someone else. That's life I guess! Take care! Heartbroken in Orlando!

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

I'm a long time user with Metro PCS. Never had a problem 24/7, however after Metro PCS completed their sale to T-Mobile, my phone started blocking attempted calls--saying "emergency calls only" once or twice a day for brief times. Gradually over the year my reception has deteriorated to the point I have service about 50% of 24/7. I've contacted support many times. The staff are always pleasant and they reset my phone -- it will work for the next few hours.

Today they wrote up a customer care manifesto and a technician is scheduled to make an appointment and try to fix the problem on site - that is a positive step toward a solution and makes me feel Metro PCS is genuinely concerned about me -- it's a good feeling, I hope they figure out what's wrong soon. Until then I can't give them the 100% approval I would have given them 2 years ago. To be continued...

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Dec. 3, 2017

When I first entered into the MetroPCS store that I purchased my phone and plan from the cashier/store clerk/manager was very inconsiderate and very impolite and unprofessional and was not paying attention to anything that I was asking because he was too busy dealing with his own personal matters on his phone and computer and talking on a personal call while other customers were in the store while I was in the midst of trying to purchase a cell phone for my new job that I am required to have a phone for. I am now without any information as to what my secret 8 digit code is and my security questions are not as they should be because I was not asked by the clerk who set up my account and phone without any of my information because she did not ask any of my information.

I am very disappointed. I have lost my job because of this not having the right amount of data on my phone because I work from my phone now and I cannot continue to deal with a company that will not cooperate with customers or have their customer service be as poor as it is and not give any kind of refund or any kind of redemption for the lack of courtesy that was received on my end as a customer paying customer for a phone that I desperately needed. I have contacted customer service multiple times and nothing that I have told them according to the information to enter into my personal MetroPCS account was correct because I was not the one that set it up. It was the store clerk/manager who set everything up without any questions asked. I'm very upset about this.

I am going to pursue this to the Better Business Bureau also and I would like to be contacted as soon as possible hopefully before my data runs out or my service gets discontinued because of miscommunication between myself and the manager who took it upon himself to set up my personal info not entered into another meeting and I purchased my phone and plans from the cashier slash store clerk slash manager was very inconsiderate and very impolite and unprofessional and was not paying attention to anything that I was asking because he was too busy dealing with his own personal matters on his phone and computer and talking on a personal call while other customers were in the store while I was in the midst of trying to purchase a cell phone for my new job that I am required to have a phone for.

I am now without any information as to what my secret digit code is and my security questions are not as they should be because I was not asked by the clerk who set up my account and phone without any of my information because he did not ask any of my information. I am very disappointed. I have lost my job because of this not having the right amount of data on my phone because I work from my phone now and I cannot continue to deal with a company that will not cooperate with customers or have their customer service be as poor as it is and not give any kind of refund or any kind of redemption for the lack of courtesy that was received on my end as a customer paying customer for a phone that I desperately needed.

I have contacted customer service multiple times and nothing that I have told them according to the information to enter into my personal MetroPCS account was correct because I was not the one that set it up. It was the store clerk manager who set everything up without any questions asked. I'm very upset about this. I am going to pursue this to the Better Business Bureau also and I would like to be contacted as soon as possible hopefully before my data runs out or my service gets discontinued because of a miscommunication between myself and the manager who took it upon himself to set up my personal info and security questions and security information and now I am without any kind of access into my personal account which is absurd.

I'm very disgruntled. I'm 30 year old male working with my phone and now without my access into my account I cannot and no longer work from this phone. I would like to be contacted as soon as possible and also would like other repercussions to be brought down upon the clerk slash manager at the store where I purchased my plan and phone in Grover Beach California.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

My experience was great at one store but it looks like I went to the wrong one to sign up. First of all I was told I would get my iPhone protective glass replaced for $25.00 not $30. Lie #1. Secondly $30. For a “startup fee” - charged as an “urban accessories??? I mean WT? on top of the $50. For activation? $25.00 for a SIM card? $10. Rebate makes it $15.00. No biggie. I guess. Not really though. (Sim is $10 in Bellevue Wa 156th store.)

MPCS says no fees tax etc. ok? Not at Lynnwood Wa 196th MPCS store... I feel ripped off! Granted it’s only $35-$40 or whatever but it’s the whole principle deal. MetroPCS advertised as “no taxes & no fees.” That’s too much a discrepancy between stores and policy anyway. Bellevue store staff didn’t understand it, customer support in Texas didn’t either. I’m getting regional rep involved and going to corporate to get this resolved hopefully. What a drag. But -$100. vs. $132.13-? Unacceptable cost/practice period. “No fees” = no fees... Right?

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

I have 2 phones on 2 different lines as a package deal with Metro PCS. I am on a fixed income getting paid on the 1st of everything. The problem is, for this month in December 2017, they wanted their payment (normally $99.00, which is fine, because they usually give me grace for 1 or 2 days.). My money comes in this morning and I text them. They now tell me I owe them $298.00! Ridiculous! They aren't responding to my questions. I have an unlimited text, web & high speed data also unlimited. I am shocked. What can I do about this situation given my limited time frame? Switch carriers? I need some advice ASAP. Thank you.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Metro PCS?

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

I like the coverage. I never have dropped calls. However, it's just weak at peak times of the day. Also, the signal is weak when streaming music on the road.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2017

Metro has no effective customer service center to address service or device failure issues. I have had an issue with this carrier for just under a month... which is a lifetime considering cell phones are now our primary communication mechanism. I have called, been to a franchise store and a corporate store. Their solution to my problem, buy a new phone. It was working fine before I had this issue. I did nothing wrong nor did I create this issue. The people are attempt to soften the blow of their lackluster service by being artificially kind using American relatable colloquium but it seems trite and only makes me angrier. Their new price structure is also CONSIDERABLY LESS COMPETITIVE.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

The phones Metro PCS sells you or "gives" you are the worse piece of craps I've ever used. These phones I wouldn't. Even give my worse enemy. They are absolutely junk. How could they sell or give away such a piece of junk. How embarrassing. Great service. Good price but crappy product. Phone is worse than the one I upgraded for.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

If you plan on using them for your cell phone service then expect to tell yourself at least once a day, “Damn I hate this phone.” The text messages you send do not send images and you cannot receive them either. You can if you have Messenger or Snapchat. You go into the store and pay your bill at the Metro PCS Store and you get charged $3 just to pay your bill at their own store wtf. One more thing every month when I go into the store and pay I ask each employee why we cannot send text images and EVERY ONE OF THEM says something, “IDK well shouldn't you at least figure it out ** it isn't my job.” Truly wish never ever went with them.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

The customer service reps are professional, skilled and patient. They take as much time as the consumer needs to ensure the service they provided resolves any issues you may have. In 6 years I have had only one call drop due to a poor signal. Plus, they have the most economical plan as MetroPCS rewards customer loyalty.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

I travel a lot and need international service, which has been great with T-Mobile. But when my phone died just before a trip, I saw that Metro PCS had a great offer on new phones and service "on the T-Mobile network." We bought the phones, the "international service" and off I went to Greece and Italy - where the phones did not work AT ALL. Not to call a hotel or car service, to reach friends when I was lost in Lindos, not to stay in touch from anywhere. NO SERVICE. We tried to reset the phone remotely. I tried from Europe, nothing worked. I had to spend $200 on ship's internet just to stay in touch. I spent an hour in Athens trying to swap the SIM card, but of course we could not unlock the phone to do that. Unbelievably frustrating.

When I got home we immediately went to the store, where we learned that the saleswoman had made a mistake about the service. Many countries are covered if you're calling FROM the US, but if you are outside the US, the only countries that have coverage are SPAIN and SWITZERLAND. This is useless to me. I said we wanted OUT of our contract, which is possible, but the phones are LOCKED for 90 DAYS. No amount of talking to customer service by phone or in the store made any difference. So now I have a brand new phone I cannot use, and am paying for the T-Mobile service so I can keep my phone number. The people in the Weems Lane, Winchester, VA Metro PCS store are clueless.

I've been taken advantage of and I'm really upset. Will have to buy ANOTHER phone just to have service for the two months until the Metro phone unlocks. Metro could not, would not address the fact that the problem was caused by the person they employ, in their store. This is terrible customer service, both in store and if you try to get through to them by phone. I strongly urge you to avoid this business.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

The biggest scam ever with their rebate offers when you purchase a phone from their online site. They tell you 4-6 weeks to get the rebate, on week 8 I still haven't gotten anything, I call and give them a new address and they tell me another 4-6 weeks. This was 6 months ago. Now I contacted them, they say they have no notes about any rebates due to me. Do you believe that. Their troubleshooting "team" - worst ever - all barely speaking English Indians transferring you from one to another for almost a month for issue with my mailbox. At the end I ended up buying a new phone and never got the rebate. After 1.5 year I've had enough with them.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

Pay 50 dollars only for it to not work when I need it to. Unlimited? No. ** in the ** instead of letting you watch when you are traveling in the city. Inside? No. ** in the ** even though you are 10 feet from your router wifi AND have unlimited data from Metro PCS. ** 95 dollars a month for this ** double internet and none work.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

I have had a series of problems with this service: someone else appearing on my account and no one at Metro PCS can explain how this is happening. The arrogant employees tell me this is not possible as I'm reading "Hi Ed, Hi Yolanda"- my name is Elizabeth! Someone at Metro PCS decided that since I have a Spanish last name (my married name) that I should speak Spanish and they changed my account from English to Spanish and gave me an argument about reverting it back to English. I was told that this English to Spanish change was not possible since I registered as "English." When I called and informed Metro PCS that I was changing providers they sent my complaint to whomever for review. Upon review they must have realized that I am an excellent customer and the problems have subsided, hopefully for as long as I remain their customer.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

Activated a new Metro PCS account on Oct 17, 2017. It ceased working on Oct 19, 2017. I cancelled my account with customer service on Oct 17, which said a refund would take 8-10 days. No refund ever occurred. Called 4 weeks later to pursue further and they said case was closed and could not issue refund. In addition when I cancelled my account, they at the time said it would have taken 5-6 days to solve the issue and reactivate the account. That is horrendous service. Stay away from Metro PCS and deal with the big guys instead. They essentially charged me $65 for 2 days of service and couldn’t offer me an explanation as to why it stopped working nor reimburse me as promised. This is essentially theft.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

I ported over my phone number from Verizon to Metro PCS in October 2017, it is now the middle of November. The phone I got free for porting my number (ZTE Blade Z Max Android 7.1) is great. I very much like it. Wish I could say the same for Metro PCS service itself. If I am outside the reception is absolutely great, couldn't ask for better. In the house is a totally different matter though. In the house the reception is mediocre at best. EVERY SINGLE call cuts in and out and some calls simply get dropped. I will DEFINITELY be changing phone carriers in January, if not before. I hope to port my number over one more time BUT if Metro PCS objects, I will STILL change carriers. My honest opinion is to go with another carrier, any other carrier. Sorry Metro PCS, you totally suck!

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

Metro PCS charges you for unused time on their plans. If you can't pay on time too bad you only get what's left of the month. I believe this may be illegal as you are prepaying for service, as stated in terms and conditions. Paid my $50.00 plan seven days late due to financial reasons. Only received 21 days of prepaid service. This is not right. I am not past due as again this is PREPAID. I believe others are out there with same complaint. Maybe a class action suit is in order to stop them from getting rich off of us common people.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

Recently, I broke my phone, but I had the insurance plan. So, I called Metro and they said that it would be a $50 deductible and that they would send my phone that day. So, they took the $50 out of my bank account. A little less than a week later it still wasn't here, so I called and they said they never send it because they don't have record of my deductible, but I know they got it because I have proof of it coming out of my bank account. Now, they are saying if I want the phone I have to pay another $50. (It's an $100 phone, so there is no point in insurance if you have to pay $100.) So, I asked to speak to a manager. Then, THEY HUNG UP ON ME!!! This is a terrible company and I'm so mad right now. If you can afford it, never go with this company, and certainly don't get the insurance plan.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

Switched from another and they took care of everything. My other carrier had poor customer service and no clear resolutions for problems. Metro can solve your problems and let you know when you can upgrade. The monthly bill is very competitive also. Very satisfied.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

I have had a great experience with Metro PCS in all aspects of providing me and my son with their service. There has been only one area where I have had concern and that was Coverage area. My son travels to remote areas in Hawaii, Alaska, Montana and Wyoming and the service was problematic. However, compared to the other providers, Metro PCS riding on the T-Mobile network, was the most reliable of all.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

I love Metro PCS because of the truly unlimited data. However my coverage range sucks! I live in Greenwood SC & service is pretty good but as soon as I get into Abbeville & on into Elberton GA I have no service whatsoever. It was also spotty in Callison SC!

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

The company refuses to give proper information for porting over to a different company because of shoddy customer service and services they offer do not really exist. If I can't call from my backyard then the service is no good.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

My wife and I had 2 different plans, she was unlimited and I had a promo deal 8GB for $30. Last month we had a hardship and had to go cheaper. I was told that my plan wouldn't change but my wife could only get 5GB. We asked in store, "My plan will not change? And I will still have 8GB?" The store employee said yes. He didn't explain any of the pro-rated bill at the time. So when the new bill came out, my wife and I were told. Starting this month our bill would be $70 plus tax and our phone insurance. We weren't told that we would be paying 2 months worth the service on this bill. Then come to find out my plan got cut due to our plan change, 8Gb down to 5. And there's really no point of going into the store for anything. They can't see our bill or tell us anything about our account. The store manager did nothing to rectify our problem and said call customer service.

We learned of our situation at the store, we couldn't turn 1 phone on without losing mine or my wife number. We left to go discuss if we could afford our bill of $145 and decided we could. An hour after paying our bill, my wife's brother called to tell us my mother-in-law was not doing well and we needed to get to Chicago. My wife went straight back to the store with the receipt to see about a refund because we needed the money to get to Chicago. They told us call customer service, customer service tells us since we paid cash at the store it'll take 4-6 weeks. But that we could try going to the store to try to get our money back and they would put a note in the computer about our emergency and to have the store work with customer service about our refund. I called the store to tell them what customer service said. And all I get is, “Our system isn't the one they use at customer service so you'll just have to wait the 4-6 weeks.”

The lady from customer service said they would talk to the store from my wife's phone due to our situation and try to help us get our refund. The Metro store employee wouldn't even do that, my wife's mom might not make it till the weekend, let alone 4-6 weeks. This is BS, we paid cash, have a receipt, and it was less than a hour before she asked for the emergency refund. There's no point having stores if the damn store can't do anything except tell customers to call customer service or don't tell your customers the full details of their plans. If they lose data or pro-rate 2 months together. We asked all these questions before leaving the store last month. But we get completely screwed by employees not knowing what they’re doing while changing plan, or they knew willingly and lied to all my questions. We will be taking our phone service elsewhere and will tell people not to use your company.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

Good service. There aren't any taxes and it's unlimited for pretty cheap. You get unlimited music so my data never lags!!! And you get a free phone!! If you have a contract I would switch and save all that money.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

Metro is a great phone service. The employees are very knowledgeable with any problems you have. They get right on the phone with customer service and fix the problem while you're there so when you leave everything works and no more problems.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

They have affordable rates and if you don't pay your bill you don't get canceled with a fee. When you pay your service will be restored right away. You are not obligated if you don't pay and go with another provider.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

I have been with MetroPCS for two years and only once I had a problem. I bought the HTC 626s and their website said it had NFC but it did not. I called customer service and they gave me $70 towards my future bills. Other than that my phone always works, great service, and affordable devices. Guys remember you get what you pay for.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

When you first become a customer service is great, but after a few months your data goes quickly and you hardly get reception anywhere. It sucks.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2017

Metro PCS is all around great service provider. They are a great company and they are fair on their rates unlike Sprint, Verizon etc... They are super helpful when I need help with my plan and they aren't rude. They do give me peace of mind when it comes to my wireless provider.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

This is a very good company and the price is great and I would recommend Metro PCS to everyone and when a family is having financial problems this is the best company to use.

Metro PCS Company Information