Metro PCS

Compare Cell Phone Providers

Research top Cell Phone Providers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

DO NOT BUY SIGN UP FOR SERVICE WITH METRO PCS! I purchased a new LG K20 on 4/13/17 and it loses all calls before it will swipe open or hold to answer the calls. I went to the store I purchased it from the next 3 days in a row all within hours it was supposed to be open and it was closed and now the phone number to it is disconnected. I went to another Metro PCS store to exchange the phone and was told "Sorry we can't do anything for you. We are all independently owned." I called Metro PCS to get them to authorized another store to exchange the phone and they said they couldn't do that. I would have to purchase a new phone and pay to activate it. And while on the phone trying to get assistance I found out they added insurance for an additional $6.00 a month I told them I did not want. HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE, NO CONCERN FOR THEIR CUSTOMERS AT ALL. I AM OUT $165.00.

Good signal, easy to use. I am using MetroPCS for the past one year and I really like everything about it. Easy to pay for the plan and reasonable prices are offered for each package. I would highly recommend their service, it's really good. I was using Ultra then changed to MetroPCS, now I am happy with their service.

3 years of their terrible service. 7 phone lines for business purposes. They convince me to upgrade 2 phones, & promise me a $20 rebate and a $60 rebate both by mail and in the form of a visa gift card. I fill out all forms, take photos of all information, and send everything electronically. They say 14 weeks. I was denied on both. I call them they say the pictures they received are blurry. I explain that all the pics on the new $190 phone are blurry. I give the guy all the necessary info. He promises 30 days I will have Visa gift cards. My current status is denied!!! With the horrible service, the fact that they are located in a foreign country, and the fact that the internet service is very slow, now they ripped me off $80. I give up!!!

Also, even though they are owned by T-Mobile, your calls and internet get placed after T-Mobile customers. T-Mobile is offering 2 unlimited lines for $100 a month ALL INCLUSIVE!!! I have 18 days of service left and I am closing this account. I strongly recommend you try another company. Keep in mind T-Mobile prepaid has several plans. Their unlimited is $40 a month but you can go as little as $3 a month for 30min & 10 cents a minute after. AVOID THESE THIEVES AT ALL COST!!!

My phone bill is 110 dollars for 2 lines. I paid that and got it switched down to the 30 dollar plans. I started to pay online and I noticed it said balance of 62.39 I had to pay. I went to pay it and I noticed it says I have to pay the $62 today and on the 26th which is 12 days I have to pay 71.00. That's a total of 134. Where the hell they do that at. Please don't get Metro. They will take your money.

The sales person showed me & my husband the Bluetooth headset that I was purchasing as a gift for my son. When my son opened his birthday gift 2 days later, we were surprised at what we saw. The bluetooth headset was very cheap version with wires hanging out around the part that wraps around the neck. The one he demonstrated was made solid & wires were completely in cased. Also at the time of purchase I was given a copy of the receipt that was identical to the copy the business keep. I did not know that the salesman put another receipt in the bottom of the bag that said the bluetooth products could not be returned under the 30-day policy. This is bad business!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Metro PCS?

Went to store (2028 Badlands Dr #104, Brandon, FL 33511) as a new customer to get promo deal. The employee, **, set up acct at full price. When asked why the promo wasn't used instead, he threw his pen and calculator on the counter in anger and said there was no such promo. He said he sent my phone number back to my original carrier, they needed to accept it, so that he could reroute it back to Metro PCS. I asked why he couldn't just update the plan itself, and he said it was not their policy.

Called our old carrier, who confirmed that my account had been ported over to Metro PCS and no return pending. Went into the Metro PCS store (9840 S HWY 301 in Riverview, FL 33569). Employee called ** who admitted that he never sent my account to Sprint. He simply canceled the account. ** refused to reactivate it, and told the Riverview employee to "** off." My husband showed the Riverview employee print outs of the promo offer, and then he said that the offer did not give employees of Metro PCS a commissions, but if he were given a "cash commission" by my husband then he would reactive my acct w/ promo rate.

My spouse and I each switched from different prepaid carriers to Metro when we got married. When we signed up we were told we had to pre-pay each month on the first. And that was fine a few times it was the second or third of the month. However, we have had 4 times where we have paid after the first or second week. We pay $60.00 a month for both lines. We had to pay the full $60.00 regardless of how many days were left in the month.

One time we paid the $60.00 and a week and a half later we get a text our phone will be shut off on the first. My husband went to complain to the store we got our service at. They said he had to contact customer service about the problem. But we were given a number that no one answered. He went back to store, got a different number and was given the runaround. They really need to be looked at. They advertise a month unlimited service for $30, $40 and we have two lines which is supposed to be a month unlimited for $60. As of now we have paid for two months without service due to Metro ripping us off.

I switched over to Metro PCS from Boost Mobile a couple years ago after being a Boost member for over 5+ year because there was an unbeatable deal going on at Metro so I decided to switch... I had my phone for a couple months and decided to add a line for my daughter. The first screw up... I signed up for a 2/$60 plan and when the first bill came out it was way over $60 so I went to a Metro PCS near my work to see if it could be adjusted only to be told I would have to go back to the store in which I purchased from so they could fix their problem. After an hour of debate and a call to the corporate office the problem was fixed.

Now a year or so later it's time for upgrades. I broke my phone March 5th 2017 and went to another Metro PCS near my work and got an upgrade but at the time we realized the sales person upgraded the other line that I was not looking to upgrade at that point, so after about an hour of waiting the salesman seemed to have fixed the problem and I was on my way with my new phone. This weekend my daughter wanted to get an upgrade so I go into a Metro by my house and am told that her phone was upgraded 3/5/17... and they couldn't fix the mistake to go back to the store it happened at. It was their problem. I go to the Metro PCS I upgraded my phone at to fix the problem and am told there is nothing they can do!!! They have no record of any sale of my phone and the person that helped me had been fired and it was their fault...

The sales person (**) at 1205 Southview Blvd, South St Paul, MN called his manager (**) and I spoke with him explaining the situation and the manager told me it was my mistake and not theirs??? And the person who helped me was fired? And there was nothing they could do to fix their mistake! I was told they had no record of phone sale by them on my account??? But I bought and upgraded my phone at their store so how could that be? Even when I told the mgr I had the receipt they still insisted there was nothing they could do! Very disappointed in who I switched phone service with!

I paid my monthly fee and they didn't turn on my phone and charged me additional fees and now they are telling me to leave work (taking money out of my pocket) to go into a store because they are so inadequate they cannot access my acct. I never set up a pin or security question... ever... Reporting them to BBB!!!

Firstly, I would like to say I want to make this as concise as I can but don't want to make a long drawn out ordeal of it so here are the facts to my situation. I've been a PCS customer for almost 2 years now. I am pretty satisfied with the service overall although I will say the reception drops to almost nothing once you are in most rural areas. I really am chapped by the "convenience fee" that I get charged when I make a payment in the store (very irritating).

I went to pay my bill on Friday, April 7th, to a nearby store. I bought a portable Bluetooth speaker while I was there paying my bill. The associate there rang me up, gave me a credit card slip, and finished my transaction. While I was getting rang up I casually asked what their "return policy" was just in the off chance I did have to return the item for any reason. I was told as long as I have my receipt and it has all the original pieces, isn't damaged, and it's within a 7-day period, then I could exchange or return the item. I was okay with those terms and proceeded to check out.

I left the store being excited that I had gained a new Bluetooth item that I could listen to. I got it out and proceeded to unwrap said speaker, set it up and away I was listening to the item. I listened for a few minutes and was sadly disappointed to the overall performance of the device. It popped and crackled when you turned it all the way up, and honestly I thought it would be louder than what it was. I was told by the associate of the store that she had the same speaker and she loved hers so that's what made me make the purchase off her recommendation.

The next day, Saturday the 8th, not 24 hours from the time I had made my purchase, I made my way back over to the store to return the speaker. I told the associate that I didn't really like the speaker as it was poppy and crackly when it was turned up and the volume on it didn't go high enough. I pulled out my receipt from yesterday and she asked me if I had this "other receipt," after the course of her explaining to me what she was asking for I told her that was the only receipt that I had and that was the only receipt she had given the day before. She proceeded to argue with me about how she always gives the "other receipt" to the customers for some convoluted reason but she insisted that she gave me that receipt.

First, I was polite and told her no she didn't, that was the only receipt she gave me and she still wanted to argue with me about the how and why she just knew she gave me that receipt. Apparently, the receipt she was referring to is an "itemized" receipt. Again, I explained to her, I emptied my pants pockets out, sifted through ALL the receipts I had accumulated throughout the week, which by the way I keep them all in ONE pocket, went through ALL of them 3 different times and still no MAGICAL itemized receipt.

Again, she told me she knew that she gave it to me so now she is calling me a LIAR because I am certain that she did NOT give me this mystery receipt that she is speaking about. "Look here lady, I DON'T APPRECIATE being called a liar because that's what you're doing after I have insistently told you 3 times now I NEVER GOT THAT RECEIPT." She proceeds to tell me that she can't "return or exchange" the item because I don't have that "itemized receipt" even though she is the one that sold it to me the day before and she knows who I am. I'm NOT just some random dude trying to pull some scam on them.

I went out to look for this mystery receipt out in my vehicle thinking perhaps I lost in my vehicle somewhere. "I looked every it could've been and still NO MYSTERY RECEIPT lady." I go back into the store and tell her, "NO there isn't an additional receipt." That's what she gave me and that's what I have. While I was searching my vehicle for said mystery receipt she jumps on her cell phone and calls her manager to ask about their "store policy" on this sort of thing and according to her and their conversation she said that he told her basically the same thing that she told me.

So, now what? So I asked her for the Customer Service phone number so I can get someone to do the right thing here and just give me my money back. Now I'm pissed and don't even want to do business with them or METRO PCS. There are MANY competitors in the marketplace that will gladly take my business and probably not give me a HASSLE. So great job METRO PCS, you have this guy here in Indianapolis on the West Side near Ben Davis High School, that owns a store but doesn't want to do the right thing by their customers. Your associate is a jerk with a messed up disposition and now has called me a LIAR basically, challenged me and stole from me the way I see it. You guys are terrible. I called the 1-888 number as well which by the way is in Colorado and they weren't any help either.

I work in retail myself and I'm able to go into my POS system and REPRINT a receipt anytime I want, and you mean to tell me you can't do the same? Anyway, it was the same ass-o-ciate that helped me the previous day and sold it to me so what's the problem here? I have the original box, packing contents, and it looks new with no missing pieces. What's your effing problem people? Now, I want my money back for the Bluetooth speaker and I'm taking my business elsewhere so you're going to lose all that money I pay you as well and just for good measure I was going to buy a new phone but I'm not now from your company because you have jackasses working and representing your company.

I have had this phone for a year LG 7. It is the worst service and phone function I've ever had. Recently the past couple months the Wi-Fi is impossible, the phone freezes up, people can't hear me when I talk and it gets extremely hot to the point when you can't hold the phone after calling customer service and paying this entire time for this piece of crap phone with insurance I find out I have a $50 deductible. The phone is not even worth $50. I would never ever recommend this phone to anyone. As soon as I have the money I am dropping this company and this phone. Do not purchase a plan or this phone. You get what you pay for I guess or maybe not. I paid $56 a month. What a rip off.

I had been with MetroPCS (2 lines) for over 2 years with the unlimited plan. I dial into a conference call every day – 7 days a week – for almost 2 years, then one day I get a recording that says I need to upgrade my account to reach that same number. I call to inquire why and some guy in India answers and cannot effectively communicate the answer to the question (also couldn't communicate much of anything effectively, in English anyway). He ends up putting a charge through FOR BOTH LINES without answering my question and without authorization from me to do so.

Even after the upgrade, I could not access the phone number for my conference call. I went into the store and they couldn't explain to me why, all of a sudden, I had to upgrade my account to reach that number. She got the charges reversed, but I had to switch carriers to be able to make my calls. I cringe now every time I see their commercial advertising "unlimited" plans. NO INTEGRITY HERE.

Yesterday was bill paying time. I did the pain free text pay. Then later in the day I stopped by the local Metro retailer to up my coverage to unlimited. This set off a barrage of text messages that started with owing nothing, owing 5.17 to owing 10.34. The guy at the store said "it's OK. The first month is free anyways." This morning the scumbags cut off my phones (2) with absolutely no way of contacting them without involving someone else in the middle of the night. I now have to stay up (work nights) to go back to the store for no reason other than to cancel this crappy service from this crappy company.

I had been a loyal customer for years and years. I have recommended Metro to anyone who'd listen. Not anymore. You just don't treat 10+ years customers like this. Again I have paid my bill. I was told no charge until next month because of that payment on the upgrade. Instead of continuing my service that is paid for I have been cut off for some indeterminate chump change.

Fees for EVERYTHING. Billed "late fee". How can a person be "late" with no contract. There IS a contract. If you pay outside THEIR billing cycle, it costs. I paid for one month on 3/28 and received a bill stating I owed for another $30. Which meant I got 12 days of service from 3/28-4/10. WTF??? Major complaint. How can you sit there and take my $30 on the 28th under the METRO ads, & 30/mo knowing that I'm only going to get 12 ** days? And then spend an hour arguing get resolved and continue sending me bills stating I owe $22 NOW. Just hung up from third call in 24 hours. Their basic NO CONTRACT CLAIM IS NOT TRUE. They end up sticking it to as many as possible and wind up charging a more financially strapped customer base more than major, more truthful carriers. PREDATORS!!! BUYER BEWARE.

Switched at the beginning of the month to Metro PCS after having Net10 for 3 years. The free phone, 8G hot spot, and unlimited streaming is what got me since I regularly watch tutorials and listen to music. I frequently ran short on high-speed each month with Net10. I didn't even make it 2 days before I realized I made a HUGE mistake. The supposed 4G LTE data is spotty at best. It constantly buffers on my device. Won't even let me connect to basic internet most of the time. The mobile hotspot doesn't connect to ANYTHING! When I called the store the guy told me his data worked just fine and it must be some sort of other problem since we are only a mile from each other. Wait. What!?!? I won't waste another $60 next month! Going back to Net10!

Whenever I inquire about certain issues involving my phone, the local Metro PCS location where I bought this phone from are very rude and arrogant, and no help at all! I can't understand how can they work for a company and not know anything! I find that is typical of other locations as well!

Went to get a new phone and service and one of the salespeople used my identity twice. The service is bad. The reps are bad. They told me that we have service where I live but we don't. They tried to fix my phone by calling my son who was standing next to me. Then one of the service reps used my identity more than once without my permission. They would not give my family our money back. Metro PCS is not a good company to go with. They lie to their customers.

I've been with Metro PCS for a long time and I've had problems with every single phone that I've had from them. Just recently I bought the iPhone 6s Plus from T-Mobile and ended up switching to Metro PCS again. A couple days ago my phone all of a sudden says "no service" so I got to the store to see what they can do about it and the female basically says you just have to wait and see if it will come back on... I pay my phone bill on time every month. So I call the customer care line and the lady says they are doing a system update and it will take two hours for the problem to be fixed. I waited the two hours and still nothing has changed... it's been two whole days and my phone still has no service whatsoever. I am highly pissed off with Metro PCS. All those lies they tell in the commercials about high speed internet and great service is **!!! And I'm switching back to T-Mobile.

I went into the store to have my phone returned. I have had problems with it since I received this. In mind is a refurbished phone because I was having problems with the brand new phone with it not charging. The replacement phone freezes up, drops single until I take the battery out, and many times that will not work. It also turns off and on.

The manager seen that this was happening, kept insisting that she needed to find out if there is a problem or not, continuing to push the buttons on my phone when it was frozen and would not work. I told her that "Ok, so can I get a replacement?" She told me she was trying. I told her this has been going on since I got it. I brought it in and they said they had fixed it, and it worked for a couple hours, then it started doing the same thing again.

I told the associate that I was needing to leave soon. She gave me back the phone and told me to come back later. I told her I can't get a ride I came in before, to please get me a replacement... her knowing that the phone was not working for her. She started arguing with me, making joking comments to me, and being really unprofessional. I told she had no customer service skills and I go to school for it, and she made joke saying, "That's good. I'm happy for you," so I told her with that being said I feel that she has no customer service skills. She started arguing with me and giving me really mean looks. I could tell that she wanted to sit there and arguing. I told "What do you want to fight about it?" and she told me to leave. I told her I was very unhappy and telling her what she needs to do, and I walked out of the store.

I am very unpleased with PCS and I will be going to a new company. I am tired with not having a phone. I never had this much issues with a phone company before. You should know what happened the first time I was with PCS when they first opened up their business... unbelievable things and problems I went through. I have no idea why I went back. I will not return again now under any circumstance. I would rather be without any phone at all. With this being said I am going to go further in getting this resolved, with having this being heard my as many complaint places I can also with them. So thanks for your time in letting me send in a review for boo PCS. You SUCK! By the way both the associates laughed at me when I walked out of the store like they were happy that I had no phone and I wasn't getting a replacement.

I have been with metro for 2 months now! I brought with me my iPhone 6+ and my kids 2 galaxy s5... All brand new phones I bought from Verizon. The day I walked in the metro store I ended up paying $120.00 a month for "UNLIMITED DATA" and free music streaming on all 3 phones! I was worried at first they would not work but after a metro sim was put in the phone I was happy! Well my iPhone has not worked right since signing up and the 2 galaxy phones cannot send or receive SMS or MMS text. And I'm still wondering where my free streaming music is.

I took the phones back into the store and I even bought the lady a coffee to help me out! It was close to closing time which the web said they open till 10 pm and it was closing at 7:30 pm whatever! So yes I paid for her coffee to stay until 7:35 pm to fix my problem! I know enough about cell phones that you go into settings... Cellular... Make sure the network is right! Ok, she spent a total of 2 min on all three phones and said they are fixed, which at that moment in time they worked till I got home! I asked her how we get the free streaming I was promised, her exact words " just download Napster and your all set" well I did just that and Napster wants to charge me $9.99 a month. I wrote Napster an email explaining that metro is telling this to their customers. Still waiting for them to get back.

So the next day I called and talked to the same lady. She said bring em in I will fix them. So I did a second time to the same store, not 10 minutes after talking to her on the phone I get to the store and she is gone! So I insisted the girl there help me. I was told she was too busy right now, as I look around the store I am the only other person in the store. So I left and went to a second store. At this store I was told to call customer support! Mind you I am out of work right now and told them to hire me because I know more than them and walked out.

Proceded home to call customer support. After already going on the metro website and trying 5 times to register my account I kept getting error messages so then I called. After 25 minutes on hold, a human finally came on the phone and I pleasantly explained what was going on to her. After arguing with me that my phones do work and I need to go on the website and figure it out. Well ya if I could register on your website I just might do that.

She obviously did not know or did not want to help me cuz she hung up on me! So here I sit with 3 phones that don't work and my bill coming due that I will not pay and I have yet to listen to one song on my phone! My kids cannot text me if they need to! I was lied to and thrown to the wolves. So the reason for this review is to let people know what they are up to and watch out for the lies. And also on metropcs.com, there is not one downloadable link for music or apps or games but there is a link to pay $30 for a human to fix the problem! With the money, they make from the consumer metro needs to invest in a website that actually works. I think metro should give me the same phones I have but only metro phone as a even trade.

I have experienced horrific customer service and below acceptable cell phone service with METRO PCS, and they have no desire to assist in my getting decent service. I purchased 3 phones, all of which will not give decent service, static sound on MOST calls, and calls being dropped. I begged for troubleshooting, and none was ever done. They would not unlock even ONE phone, that I had already paid for by the way, in order for me to switch to a service that I could run my business and have phone service that was usable. I had billing issues and they would not take care of any type of customer care issues inclusive of billing. I could go on all day long. I RARELY ever complain but this company is "THE PITS!" PLEASE HEED THIS REVIEW!!! THEY ARE A NIGHTMARE!!!

I purchased a new phone from Metro PCS for my grandchildren. I have been a customer with them for a long time. From the beginning I had nothing but problems with the LG K10. I went back to the store several times and they would do updates and send me home, then they would do a system restore and send me home. Then finally they switch the phone out for a new phone. And it was worse than the original phone. Took it back and I was told I had the phone for too long and I could purchase a new phone. The LG K10 was mine to keep and I could do whatever I wanted to with it. Which My response was: Why would I buy something from someone who does not stand behind their product. I will go elsewhere.

I've been a Metro PCS Customer since 2013 and never upgraded my cell phones on my account until today. I went to Two Metro PCS stores and the first retail rep didn't have the phone I wanted so he lied and said all the Metro PCS Stores in my area were out of the phone until Wednesday and I should come back. I went to another Metro PCS store in my area and well, well, well they had the phone I wanted and said the last retailer lied. (2nd Discuss) The girl (yes girl, like 16 years old, with no clue) was delightful until I asked her why she was adding phone cases to my order and she replied, "I'm gonna hook you up." (Oh well OK.)

I came in for a simple upgrade on two phones and before I knew it, she turned my husband's and my phone off and had already switched our services when she was suppose to checking the prices and letting me know the amount. I told her that I didn't ask for this but wanted to make sure these phones were in my budget or what type of upgrade discount I would get. Now my husband is a transportation driver and needs his phone as radio contact to dispatch, but the little ding dong said, "oh well you'll just surprise him with a new phone." WTF?

I ended up dishing out $285.76 for two upgrade phones after four years of perfect payments and loyalty. She then told me that if I wasn't satisfied then I could get a free refund. Well I have found out that is also a lie. I hate Metro PCS and have had a horrible encounter with every single store representative EXCEPT IN LAUGHLIN. I really, really wish we would of just got our upgrades when we were there. I am going to Corporate tomorrow, so wish me luck. I plan, NO I WILL GET ME REFUND. TO BE CONTINUED.

Metro PCS is a company who the majority of its customers are bad credit bad paying customers so the overall treatment of all customers reflects the bad paying customers. This is why they treat all like trash. My father died recently and my mother never listened to me with the warnings about this garbage company even though she always had the wear destination problems that never happen with the four legit wireless providers with their handsets. She has always paid them on time and on March 11 they disconnected her phone even though her bank verified the Metro PCS cashed her Check on the 7th of March.

They have continued to disconnect her phone since then every 48 hours and have left her alone scared without mercy. Even though she has been a great customer and has never missed a payment or has been late ever! Let those who can't pay well or not pay or are bad payers stay with this garbage company. If you associate yourself with garbage you will eventually be treated as such. Even if you don't deserve it. I'm moving my Mom to my wireless provider. Shame on Metro PCS and shame on T-Mobile for associating themselves with this trash company.

I just paid for my 3rd month with MetroPCS. First off, I'm told for $60/mo I get unlimited data. Not true. I got a text alerting me that I'd used 26 of my 28GB of data and it would probably slow down after using 28. Good news is, it didn't. However, my phone will not stay connected to the internet. I have to restart it about 25 (no joke) times a day so it will reconnect. Very frustrating because I can be in the middle of something I don't want to lose but I do. Daughter has a different phone and she has same problem. We'll both be looking for a new carrier.

Had Metro PCS a few years ago for a short time, wanted to come back, interested in a promotion for Samsung phone free if new customer. Well went to 5 stores, and finally figured out none of the stores had the phone, coincidence? No, one store owner said they had not had a shipment in a month and complained to Metro PCS, they did nothing, so pretty sure this is false advertising, the stores should take down the posters. Went to one store and they had one employee, no one in the store but me. When I asked why none of the stores had what they were advertising, he left and went in the back with no response. I walked out. Called Metro PCS to complain, they act like they have nothing to do with the stores, but you can buy same phone online for $100 with no rebate. I am pretty sure they know they are deceiving potential customers. Why would I want to be with this company???

I'm experiencing major difficulty in my application for a rebate for a phone purchase. Website will not take my info. Call the rebate phone number, over a hr before they answer. Once they answer they tell me, they cannot take my application over the phone and please try later on the website. I'm at a loss. Does anyone else have this Issue? How can I solve this? Is this Illegal? I'm ready to go to another carrier, but that would be expensive.

My Samsung Galaxy phone initiated a firmware update download. This download locked my phone and Metro PCS was not able to restore the original program. I am presently without a phone as the store manager's only response was that I should buy a new phone. My wife and I have been Metro PCS customers for many years. At this time we are presently looking for other provider.

Call service is fine but the internet sucks. No wonder my MetroPCS dealer gave me 60 dollar plan unlimited 4g LTE plan for 50 dollars. I told him I don't have internet at home so I will rely mostly on my phones internet straight up. MetroPCS 4g LTE internet sucks and if it's T-mobile service then T-Mobile sucks. They both suck! It's slow. I'm getting 60 dollar plan for 50 and still feel ripped off the way this 4g internet runs. I should be paying 35 dollars for 4g unlimited data. I am leaving after 3 months and going back to Cricket Wireless that is where everyone should be! Cricket's 4g lte internet is flawless. It's like having cable internet on your phone and another great thing about cricket I get awesome service in the basement. I miss them and can't wait to leave wack MetroPCS to go back to them.

The service is fine, but they use dirty tactics to trap you into paying an extra fee that they don't ever tell you about on the website. So here's how my day went. I performed the activation on their website, and it all went through okay. It associated my phone number with their sim card, so I thought that was great. When I booted up my phone, I got a text to welcome me to Metro. Then, when I got to the payment screen, it wouldn't accept any of my payments. I tried 4 different cards, all of which actually work fine, but I kept getting this generic error - "There was a problem processing your order. Please contact Customer Care for assistance."

The next issue is that you can't reach an actual human until you pay for the first month + the extra fee. The big problem with this is that your phone number is now tied to that sim, even though you haven't paid, so the only way to go to another provider is for them to unlock it with an account number and pin, which you can't even set up because the web payments are broken! The good thing is that their customer service reps are always willing to help, and when I called to set up autopay and add my wife to the account the rep actually discounted her first payment down the amount of the fee. So, all in all, they still sorta took care of me, even though they can't give me my 2 hours back that I spent dealing with the nonsense. Still, it's a dang shady trick, and they're probably making a lot of money off the people who don't call them on it.

Metro PCS Company Profile