Metro PCS

Compare Cell Phone Providers

Research top Cell Phone Providers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Metro PCS. 2+ years. Fair to not good at first then downhill to not able to get internet/failed calls. REPEATEDLY LIED TO. Just got Straight Talk who use Verizon/Sprint/Boost towers. They can switch if needed. Now have 4 bars with 100% coverage. Oh - for $5 less than Metro and 4G MORE! Metro said it was my phone 3 times over 2+ years so I bought new because I trusted them. 4 phones! It wasn't the phones - they LIED about coverage where I live!! Metro LIED to me about why I had so much trouble EVERY TIME! I spent much $$ for nothing. Yeah Straight Talk!! Metro $50 plus $3_Fed's/month 8th/mo. Then 2 speed. If you have coverage. Straight Talk is $55 for 12th. No 'Fee'. Great Verizon coverage. Walk. No - RUN away from Metro PCS.

First of all I called regarding the issue that I am having with the Stylo 3 LG and the little gal that is working there tonight August 10th with the owner automatically decided she was going to tell me that I was a liar, that there is no issues with the LG Stylo 3, that I would have to come in and bring my phone. I got there about 7 p.m. showed her the phone and right away this little gal started telling me my phone was damaged. I have to put it in my back pocket because it was warped. I've had this phone for maybe 2 months if that it's been any case since the day I bought it. Paid $350 for this phone. Yeah 350 is not just a drop in the bucket for me.

First of all when I walked in I felt like I walked into a topless bar the way this little gal was presenting herself and the type of music that they were engaging in was very inappropriate, lots of cussing, lots of sexual gestures. Not a good way to run a business. The owner decided to come over after he saw my frustration with this little gal that was trying to tell me what was wrong with my phone. I feel it's the battery but they could not even be bothered with trying to put in a new battery to see if perhaps it is the battery and they did absolutely nothing. Tried to blame it on my apps, tried to blame it on my phone cords. Refuse to take any thing that I felt since I live with the phone everyday and address my issues. It was all about their issues yet I pay for the insurance every month and for what reason when I don't even get to take care of issues with my phone. It's dictated by the owner and his employee?

Absolutely nothing was accomplished. I drove almost 17 miles because it was the store that I bought the phone from originally for absolutely nothing to be done and be sent on my way with a little scribble note to call LG let them deal with it. I don't know what it takes to be an owner or a partner for MetroPCS but after what I saw today they might as well just get people off the damn street because this owner and the little gal that was probably 10-12 years younger than him really needed to go to a quieter environment and it was very obvious that they did not want to be bothered with customer.

I have had a lot of issues with MetroPCS. They say that their second line is $25. I went to go Adeline cost me $62 for my and it cost me another $58 to add a line. A week later I get a text message for another $15 that nobody can explain to me why and they interrupt my service for $15 after I just paid over $100. That's some kind of **. Anybody that you talk to as far as customer service goes you cannot understand. They have no clue what you're even talking about and it's like talking to a wall because they don't even acknowledge any of your concerned because they don't understand him but yet those are the people that are helping us. Flippin' wonderful. I cringe at the thought of calling customer service every single time because they are absolutely useless. MetroPCS has got to be one of the bottom of the barrel carriers as far as skills, customer service, politeness, ethics or respect.

After having horrid service I had My main Cell Phone Ported to a real Carrier then went to Metro PCS where I had just paid for a month and asked for a new Number. They said I had to wait 72 hours after being treat like a piece of crap at the Brighton store. Called in and got the runaround and was told because I changed lines I forfeited my service. Had planned on keeping the service for fact it was affordable and did work if you were in town. Would never recommend falling for their substandard service coverage but very poor customer service in all avenues. Went with the nation's number One Carrier. No complaints since.

I was told that this company provided mobile telephone service for my area. The salesperson showed me the Metro PCS area coverage map and it included my home. However, after purchasing the service, as I neared my home, I lost coverage. I returned to the store and complained to the salesperson. He attempted support his case by downloading both the Metro PCS and T-Mobile area coverage maps (Metro PCS is part of T-Mobile and uses the T-Mobile system). The T-Mobile area map showed NO COVERAGE for my area which was the opposite of what I was sold. I said that I wanted to terminate the contract and my money refunded. The salesperson called the franchise owner who approved the termination but said the $80 fee would not be refunded. Fortunately, I used a credit card and when I explained this to the CC company, the service charge was reversed.

So, I've had MetroPCS service for a long time now. I have an unlocked phone. All of a sudden one day all my phone calls would not go through! Sending and receiving! And I work and really need a working phone. After a few days I called them and spend hours troubleshooting the problem. The customer service agent tells me, "Oh, it's your SIM card. Buy a new one." I'm like, "OK." I got into a Metro PCS store and ask do they sell sim cards and then proceed to telling him "I have a problem with sending and receiving calls." He tells me, "You should have got a text stating you will get 2 weeks free due to an antennae issue." I said, "I knew it! I knew I didn't need to waste money and buy a new sim card."

Then a few days later I have my girlfriend try to get the free 2 weeks for me while I'm at work, again I can't even call them to fix this issue. She tells me they said instead of paying $110 for 2 lines, we only have to pay $100. I'm mad as hell. What do you mean $10 off for a phone service that is worthless!? I call them again mad as hell saying, "I want 1 month free or I'm switching service providers." This is Monday. I go to work tomorrow. And they said I owe $100 by 12 am tonight or the service will be cut off. I'm like "I need service for work tomorrow" and I tell him "I am not paying $100 for a worthless service."

Ryan tells me, "OK no problem. You don't have to pay tonight but you will have to call tomorrow morning and ask for a 48 service extension." I'm like, "Are you sure I'm going to get service with you guys tomorrow because I need it for work." He says, "Yes, I'm writing down what you need verbatim and they will give you 48 hours extension. Just call early tomorrow and they will do this for you."

So, I could have went that day and got a new phone service provider that afternoon. The next day comes and the machine says, "You have to pay $100 because you have suspended service. Press 2 to ask for an extension." I press 2. "Sorry, it seems you do not qualify for an extension and our agents cannot help you get an extension. GOODBYE!" I knew it! I knew I wasn't going to get a working phone for work today! My girlfriend sets up a Cricket account. We pay $80 a month for 2 lines unlimited everything! It works great! I hate Metro PCS!!! I hope Ryan is dead by morning for lying through his teeth! I will gladly give anyone my money over these bums that can't fix a signal for 3 weeks! Please go bankrupt! From what I'm seeing here, they will! HAHAHAHA!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Metro PCS?

I called this morning for a follow-up on the rebate. I was told that the rebate was under someone else's name and they would not give me the name. I've had this account over 10 years and for the last two months have had problems with service. I was informed by ID number ** a lady by the name of Alexa that she would not give me any information. They did not have my current information correctly or my previous information correctly. I personally submitted the rebate form online on April 4th of 2017. I have the receipt in my possession. I've been waiting for months for the rebate. I would like my $60 rebate released to me as soon as possible.

Metro PCS is a garbage scam joke of a company. Whoever owns this company should be a sued. Same goes for T-Mobile as they are owned by the same people and on the same network. I bought an LG Aristo. It NEVER worked properly. Not even the first day I bought it. First I noticed whenever I make calls I cannot hear the person on the other line. I usually can only talk for about 30 seconds before I have to hang up and call back.

Other people also complain that it sounds muffled when they talk to me. One example of the garbage service is a call I had to endure yesterday. In a 15 minute call IMPORTANT my call was lost 7 (seven) times. So every 2 minutes I had to hang up and call back. The second problem is the phone itself. After 2 weeks the volume buttons stopped working. After 1 month the touch screen began to freeze and will not allow me to hang up a call unless I click hang up 50 times. 3rd is the data. I cannot listen to any music while I'm away from wifi. The data is worthless.

NOW let's talk about T-mobile. My ex girlfriend had one of these pieces of trash. It's the same as Metro just 5 times the price. That one was basically the same. Garbage service and data. She couldn't even call an Uber from her phone or check her email. Bottom line is just pay a little more and go with Verizon or AT&T. Also Metro PCS is trying to charge me a warranty fee to get a replacement phone and they lied about my monthly rate. They said $40 and it's $42. Luckily I will be going back to Verizon after only 2 months on Metro PCS.

Signed up for a $50 per month plan for 2 lines. Attempted to pay the bill a month later to be told they no longer offer this promotion and was explained had to pay either $60 or $65 plan. BAIT AND SWITCH SCAM ARTIST >>> DO NOT TRUST WORKERS AT WARMINSTER BRANCH.

The wife and I have been with them for about 6month. Terrible signal, phones are crap, can't use video chat due to crap signal. I mean so many times we go to use and it will say emergency calls only. And I am less than a mile from the store I bought them from. Wth. Looking for a better Co. now.

I have been having a problem with my Metro PCS phone since DECEMBER 2016. I cannot call certain numbers (get an automated message that says I need to purchase a calling card), including 888-863-8768 (METRO PCS CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!). I have created 37 Service Tickets, but this issue has not yet been resolved.

When speaking with Customer Service, you realize that there are actually people with negative IQ scores out there... They are absolutely retarded. They never provide a straight answer, and have no idea what they are talking about. I have representatives promise me a LIFETIME credit (no charge for the service ever), tell me that my problem cannot be fixed, tell me that the problem will be fixed within 3 days, tell me that the problem has been fixed even though it hasn't... You name it, I have heard it. They have admitted to stealing and selling people's credit card numbers, engaging in money laundering, fraud, larceny and dozens of other crimes (yes, I recorded the conversations and turned the recordings over to State and Federal agencies for investigation/prosecution). I have filed 6 separate lawsuits against Metro PCS and the employees thereof. The only reason I keep the account is because they cannot legally bill me until the issue is resolved... Besides, several supervisors guaranteed me free service for life. In this case, Metro is definitely worth what I am paying ($0.00).

My rebate for my j7 Samsung phone for Metro PCS was just a ripoff. I purchased the phone on Feb. 8, 2017 and email it and was deny, call and they took care of problem. Then got an email, denied again. They said it was corrected. Received another email. Denied. The guy at Metro PCS rebate then told me I need to save box, have rebate purchase receipt and battery which I don't have as of July 27, 2017.

Recently older phones just stopped working without any warning. Could not do anything with my phone and lost many customers. Went to Metro and was told I needed to buy a newer phone as the older ones are no longer working. I was desperate so I said, "Give me the lowest priced phone." They said there is a sale on phones for returning customers but I would have to pay 15 dollars to keep my number. I said of course I need my number. It is on my advertising. Then they said I had to pay the taxes on the whole bundle. I had no choice. I need my phone and paid. They turned on the phone and I realized I cannot see any buttons clearly as it was cheaply made. I told the man this is junk. I would never use it. He said, "No problem. Choose one you like."

I chose a much better phone. Usually 200 dollars but with discount it was 100 dollars. I went to pay and was told I used my one time discount already on the first phone and now have to pay the full 200 dollars... and I would have to pay again the 15 dollar fee to move and save my phone number... and I would have to pay taxes on the whole transaction. So I lost a working phone I paid for, lost customers and had to leave work to go to the metro store then had to buy a new phone... but then buy another new phone and pay all the fees and taxes and I am out 287 dollars just to keep a phone working. THIS IS ONE HELL OF A SCAM FOLKS. THEY NEED TO BE PROSECUTED.

On the 29th of June, 2017, I went to my local Metro PCS store and bought the ZTE PRO MAX PHONE. I bought this phone because my roommate got one and liked it. So I switched from Boost Mobile to Metro. That process took a long time because I needed my account number from them. 4 times we were hung up on. Anyway, finally I got everything in order. By the way, I only decided to keep my phone number because Metro wanted to charge me 50.00 extra dollars for a new number. So as I'm standing around waiting for my business to be done I'm looking at different signs with promotions. I noticed one that said all taxes and fees were already included in the 50 dollar unlimited plan. That's the one I was getting and also the one my roommate has. Problem is that my roommate pays 56.00 a month. So I asked why and was told the 6 extra dollars was for insurance.

I always thought that insurance was an optional thing. And even after making it quite clear that I wasn't going to want insurance they put it on anyway. And I didn't realize it till I saw my new bill. 56.00. After many hours on the phone they canceled the insurance and gave me a 6 dollar credit. But I wonder how many other people they are doing this to. Because that insurance will go on till you stop it. And they don't tell you they are putting it on your account. That's why I'm here to let you know what's up. Metro PCS says that taxes and fees are all inclusive in their rate plans. So if you are paying more, you are being ripped off. You have to find out yourself, they aren't going to tell you. And trying to resolve it is going to be another pain in the neck. My Metro PCS is located in Newport, Kentucky, on 10th street. Thank you and good luck.

Metro PCS has the worse service EVER. I pay this company $60 per month for drop calls, phone jumping to WiFi calls, to receive calls that are sent to my voicemail for no reason. My internet should be 4g but stays on 2g. I'm located in Columbus Ohio but can't make a call to Cincinnati Ohio without paying an extra $3 per month. My text messages are delayed getting to me. Over all this service is trash! Not worth my money.

I was frustrated when planning to get free phones with $50 plan. I had to pay $80 for the first month which didn't state that on the promotion sign. I was told I could switch over the next month for the $50 plan. They tried to go back on their word saying that plan expired. I had to raise my voice and tell them I will switch back to my previous carrier if they did not keep their word this time. The person from local store called back. Made the switch as they stated in the first place and gave me a discount. I would like to thank her for remaining pleasant as I lost my cool from being frustrated. But Metro you should explain in detail the exact terms of your promotions.

I had used up all my so called unlimited data accidentally. Watching the news on my data I had forgot to put it on wi-fi. So I had to get extra data which cost 5.00 more. Which I am on the $30.00 plan so when my payment was due I paid $35.00, but then the next month come around and they are still trying to make me pay another extra $5.00. I paid my regular bill which is 30.00 dollars. They turned my service off after I paid my bill trying to make me pay another 5.00 dollars. Which my plan is $30.00 a month. I tried to text them and call they will not let you speak to customer service. Take my advice. Do NOT use this company. I GUESS YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. THEY ARE THE WORST. I WILL BE DROPPING THEM LIKE A HOT POTATO! HORRIBLE COMPANY!

I have had a Metro PCS prepaid plan for over a year now, when I signed up I had bought an unlocked phone from a third party and used their sim card. I have recently bought another unlocked phone from a third party again due to my phone being damaged. When I went to the store on Jamaica Ave in Queens to have the sim card activated in the phone, I was told that I have to buy a phone from them to use as my phone would not be viable. This is despite the fact that they have a brochure in their store encouraging people to use their own phones. I find this to be shoddy business practice and shameful. I have since switched to another carrier. They are not to be trusted. They are liars and thieves, customer service is unhelpful and they have no other way of contacting them to make complaints or address such. If I could give them less than one star I would.

Their customer service is horrible. They do not help you at all, then still give bad information. I was trying to switch a phone I no longer use to a family member that needed a phone. To transfer the phone it was asking about my Google account information but it was not working on the phone. The first rep said "well I hate to tell you this but without that information the phone is useless", the second rep said "call google and they can help." Did that and it ended up being a 3rd party for google and to get help you had to pay $150.00, the last rep gave me yet another number which directed me after hitting all the prompts back to the 3rd party. Never had this problem before a phone that I paid $200 for useless. Metro nickels and dimes you, you pay so much for phones that they say is useless just to get you to buy another phone. Would not recommend Metro to my worst enemy.

My wife and I went into a store located Alburn St. in Rockford IL. When I first bought my phone they said it had tethering. The plan they set me up did not. It was a lie... And then I go to use the headphone jack on my phone it did not work (brand new phone). I only had the phone for less than six weeks... When I tried to get the phone fixed they wanted to charge me fifty dollars for a new phone. Why would I pay more for a phone I just bought less than two months ago. This company is nothing but scam after scam. Buy Beware is what they should change the name too.

I bought 2 phones from a Metro PCS store. They said I will get rebate for both... And now they gave rebate just for one... Saying that rebate is for just one per household. The receipt I have says "I will get rebate for both..." Horrible... Metro PCS...

Never never never and I repeat never use them. I got the 60 dollar plan and my phone don't get no service. I have been with them for 2 weeks but today I had to go get new service. Couldn't take it anymore. I tried to keep my number but they said I have to be with them for 90 days in order to keep my number so I just got a number. I am not even on a contract and they go say I have to stay for 90 days. Nope not happening. I just paid for new service elsewhere. Metro PCS you all need to go out of business because your service sucks!!!

I have been with Metro PCS for years with customer service problems every once in a while. My last two months have been horrific. NEVER sign up with this company. I had to switch to T-Mobile proper. They did nothing positive to say about metro. I paid their monthly service fee 3 days before switching and metro would do absolutely NOTHING about any type of refund. Again do not sign up with metro.

Applied for their so called unlimited data, bought a new phone, paid for activation and everything, but it's useless, just wasted my ** money for nothing. Nooo data service for my sis' phone, she's using wifi, very low data for me and members of my fam. Mind you me and fam applied for their unlimited data so our phones are useless if we have no wifi! Gotta switch back to VERIZON. Ohh and very bad customer service, bought screen protector for phone to them and told me to come back a week for it but days passed by but they still don't have it. Went back 5 or 6 times for my ** glass screen for my protector still don't have it so I told them to ** refund my ** money.

Bought a phone on February 1st for an upgrade. Paid about $100 for it. Was told to get a rebate and the phone would be free. I didn't get a rebate and then the phone started messing up and May I returned it. They tried to fix it. I returned it. They tried to fix it again at different stores and on June 21st they ordered me a new one. On July the 3rd I received my phone and it wouldn't work and it still doesn't. They're trying to wait for corporate to see if they would even replace it but I'm paying for service from May, June and July even though I can't use the telephone. Can't make calls. Can't get on the web so that don't mean I don't have 4G's. Can't text people. Can call me but I just can't answer them.

I really should have read reviews on this service before I signed up. The person who helped me was awesome and I hope he goes on to do good things, but the actual cell service is literal garbage. Don't take this service. You'll end up having a phone that only works when you're connected to WiFi. Want texts and calls? Nah. Not happening. If you do connect, expect the call to drop almost immediately. Screw this company.

I've been a customer with Metro PCS for over 5 years. The "high speed internet access" is just other words describing what is illegally known as "throttling". How are they able to lie to its customers and not be held accountable when AT&T was sued for intentionally slowing down internet access speed. It's illegal because in case of an emergency one would need the quickest internet access no matter if one pays more or less for an access plan. There has been no "new" hardware installed by Metro PCS to make it any faster or slower to its customers. A customer with the $60 mo plan is now allowed 32GB per month. After reaching the limited unlimited data plan my service is drastically, almost unproductive in my normal day online. Personally, I make it to the last week of the pay cycle when my unlimited data has become limited. WTF!

I have been a Metro customer for over a year. My bill is usually paid ahead. Metro has habit of taking money off account even before bill due. I have crappy service with all sort of issues. When I call customer service I have been hung up on and keep getting told this phone not service issue. They did offer to send me a new phone but the models they wanted to give me has been discontinued in stores. I have had these issues since February and still have no resolution in sight.

You cannot see specs of your plan on the screen with Metro PCS, so you don't know if you are covered for replacement. After 2 yrs of paying $65/month inclusive of what I was sure had phone protection. My charger port broke and called Asurion, only to be told that I am not covered. I use my phone for work and cannot afford not to have a working phone, bought a new upgraded version of phone same day, insisted that insurance be on this new phone, asked sales rep if I can see the plan for confirmation on screen. Rep said that only store rep and call to customer service can confirm protection plan.

Two weeks after purchasing my new phone with insurance, something told me to call customer service to confirm protection plan... I was told I don't have insurance... ARE YOU KIDDING ME... Thinking about all this, I come to conclude that Metro strategically ignores insurance request so customers can keep buying new phones. Time to shop for a new provider. If anyone is exploring Metro, DON'T DO IT!!!

I called and paid my bill at 2 am this morning. I spoke to an agent and he made changes and said that I have no balance at this time... I woke up at 6 am no freaking service. My phone was suspended for nonpayment. Of course I call the agent claimed she could not get into my account... after 20 minutes I asked for a supervisor... she went straight into my account... then she said I owed $26 from last month. We all know these people are stupid and one day nonpayment you are shut down. Nevertheless she was rude and argumentative. I'm in search of a new cellphone company. I refuse to be treated unfairly and detrimental.

I bought my grandma a new Alcatel Fierce 4 about a month and a half ago; unfortunately, it has brought my grandma and I nothing but regret and problems and the Metro PCS store we bought it from on Newark Blvd. in Newark, CA and the corporate store on Mowry Ave. in Fremont, CA just keep sending us on a wild goose chase. These are the issues with this new cell phone: volume is super low, phone glitches & freezes, drops calls during mid conversations. When I call out the other party cannot hear me; however, when they call me I can hear them. States SD card corrupted so I bought a new SD card and it still states SD card's corrupted on top of erasing all of my photos of my grandchildren and late husband. I cannot get the corporate Metro PCS store to help me get it replaced under the one year factory warranty. PLEASE PLEASE ADVISE on how to rectify this problem.

Metro PCS Company Profile