2.14/5
Based on 293 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Metro PCS Reviews

1500 Metro PCS Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

I've been with Metro PCS since the beginning, at first they didn't have many towers up so your area of service was not great. After a year that improved. I then noticed myself buying a phone every year because Metro PCS kept updating their network, they will not give any notice of what is going on. I've bought phones that ended up useless 6 months after purchase, because they of new updates, not even the employees at the stores knew what was happening, until after spending 30 mins to an hour on the phone with someone in corporate to update them. I actually tried to complain, and they gave me a PO box #? How's does a cellphone company not have a complaints department with a phone #, not even a email, your business is based on cell and internet, but you only have a mailbox???

For some reason every phone rep is clueless, I try to kill you with kindness in hope this will make everything better. I've spent way too much time on the phone, and in their stores. I've been with them over ten years and never received a thank you, a coupon, or let me make this right. Never happened and never going to happen. 50 bucks a month for over ten years, you do the math. Metro PCS doesn't care about their customers or employees, also if you look at the merchandise 90% is bootleg, made in China, they last about a month before breaking. No consistently, I seen pretty girls get extra free goodies, while I pay, a ten year old client or longer.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

I have been with Metro PCS since 2014 and I have had nothing but problems since 2018. I made a payment using my Amex for June and my card was charged 3 times. I called customer service and explained what happened and was given the runaround initially until I asked to speak with a supervisor who handled the situation and fixed the problem until the Pre-Authorization holds fell off my account. However when they rectify this problem they push your due date out more and more and don't tell you that it's being pushed out until you read the notifications sent of the changes made to your acct. They then tell you when making a payment to go inside a Metro PCS store which in my case doesn't work for my work hours at all and they charge a $3 fee for paying at the store.

When trying to make my August payment through my Metro for $91.52 not only did the screen timeout and tell me to contact Metro, I contact Metro and speak to a rep named Jesse who is more concerned with getting a survey to me when even after I asked to speak with a supervisor twice. He tells me the payment is not showing on my account and attempt to make the payment again. Going back to My Metro to make the payment it does the same thing times out and tells me to contact Metro. While waiting to speak to a rep I check my account and Metro has charged me twice for $91.52. I call and speak with another rep who states that he is sorry this has happen, I ask to speak with a supervisor all while I am on my 30 minute lunch.

I am placed on hold for 15 mins then a supervisor comes on the line and tells me that he doesn't see any payments and I will need to call back with confirmation numbers listed on the transaction. Any fool working in the banking industry knows that pre authorization holds don't have confirmation numbers just ID transaction numbers. The supervisor was very condescending and speaking to me like I am wasting his time and I then tell him that I will make contact when I get off work to speak with him and will have my bank on standby. This company needs to be put out of business. I have never in my life had my money taken then I literally have to go to war to get it back.

Get expert buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

I recently had to buy another phone while on vacation due to the fact I dropped my old one. Bought the new phone and by the time I got home the new phone no longer worked. Called the customer service line and was told it is not their problem, take it back to the store. I tried to explain that the store was 10 hours away due to being on vacation. Was told sorry nothing they could do. Called the local store and was told the same thing.

So I called the phone's manufacturer to find out the store sold me a phone that has been fixed 7 times and was out of warranty over a year ago. I then called the store I bought it from and was told to send them the phone which I did and within 2 hours of receiving which I know because I tracked it they call me and told me they sent the phone out to a tech and made up these excuses of why it was my fault. Well I managed to get the manufacturer of the phone to send me an email stated what they had told me. So I guess the only way to handle customer service is to either sue or embarrass them. My next step. I will say their price for service is great but that is all. They do not have customer service and they do not stand behind any product. My recommendation if you want to use Metro is buy your phone elsewhere and just use their service.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

I have been a Metro PCS customer for many years. I switched from Boost because there was little to no service in my area. Horrible dead spots including my own home. Metro was much better. For the last 6 months, my husband and I are having severe text lag, phones do not ring for calls but go straight to voicemail, and I keep getting calls from phone numbers very similar to mine that are scam Likely. Metro says they haven't had any other complaints. That is **. I even had one person call me several times from the same #. They left me 2 voicemails cussing me out for calling them. I never dialed them. My advice is not to go with this company.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

When I visited the Metro PCS store at 449 N Hawkins Ave. Akron, OH 44313 The service person took his time to find me the phone and plan that fits my lifestyle and he even showed me how to connect the phone in my car for streaming music through my speakers. It was the best service I ever received from a salesman.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Metro PCS?

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

I have been with Metro PCS since 11-19-15. For about the first year I was able to place payments with the app & online. For at least the last year between 2 years, am not able to pay my bill with the app or online. On 07-18-18 I topped off my hotspot usage of $5, after closing hours of 8pm. My service was interrupted at 5:30am the same night, before opening hours. I had to go without service until I could get to a Metro PCS store to pay my bill. They were kind enough to credit me $5, without keeping the extra 2g I needed. The problem is not being able to pay with app or online, my bill was only due in 2 days. Hotspot Top offs should not have to be paid until bill due date, especially only being so close to bill due date. It would be helpful if they would allow 2 days to a week, especially towards at the end of the billing cycle.

Original review: July 25, 2018

I very specifically asked the MetroPCS person if their service covered the city where I work. I explained it was extremely important my wife, who has a brain injury, be able to reach me. They lied. Their service does not cover where I work. Nor does the WiFi calling work. In fact, when someone tries to call me, they don't even hear a ring tone! They get just dead air! I cannot receive any texts or phone calls until I hit a coverage zone.

So I decided to switch to another company. MetroPCS informed me that I had only been using their service for 18 days and was required to stay with them before they would release my phone and phone number. I bought my phone outright, and I have had this number for twenty years. Do NOT use MetroPCS. Also, their customer service employs people who are overseas and who are very poorly trained. Extremely incompetent. You may have to call them back several times, and deal with their very frustrating robot menu system, before you finally get someone who knows an inkling of what they are doing.

Original review: July 23, 2018

Pros: Cheaper than a contract carrier. Free phone (A rarity in today's market). No hidden fees. Cons: Poor coverage area with massive dead zones. Abysmal customer service. Free phones are terrible. "Unlimited Data" is actually 35gb data/month with severe usage restrictions. Regular spam texts trying to upsell you. I was attracted to MetroPCS because they still had free phone promotions whereas most other carriers had moved to phone rentals/leases without lowering bills to account for no longer offsetting the cost of a handset.

The phone selection is terrible. I don't just mean the phones aren't high end, that is perfectly understandable. I didn't expect an iPhone/Galaxy but only three phones on offer even had full HD screens. Most, if not all, were unable to be rooted/jailbroken and all were full of the kind of bloatware/adware/spyware that necessitates rooting. They offer a reasonably priced unlimited data plan, but unlimited is really just 35gb/month, with throttling to 3g/2g (re: dial-up) speeds thereafter. On top of that, the data cannot be used for tethering or for video over 480p. It's also subject to throttling if you're a high volume user, regardless of your total data user and, as a MetroPCS user, you have bottom priority on the network for calls/data.

The real sticking point here is the fact that their customer service is terrible. It's all outsourced overseas to people who don't really speak English beyond a very simple script they're given. Their website is impossible to use. I don't mean that it is poorly designed, I mean that many links lead to 404 errors and it can be virtually impossible to log in to your account which makes it virtually impossible to even pay your bill. You're left with no alternative but to find a MetroPCS store (nearest to me is 40 minutes away!) and then pay a "convenience fee" for paying in cash.

Original review: July 20, 2018

I had Metro PCS two years ago. It was affordable and the customer service was great. I was ready to switch back to Metro PCS due to T-Mobile raising their rates again. The last two weeks, I have been trying to go into a MetroPCS store in the Portland area and the customer service have become horrific. I walked out without service and a phone. The next encounter, involved me, a ** woman going into a booth at the mall. One of the reps didn't understand English and another was eating his lunch and tried to talk to me with his mouth full. Like seriously? I then chose to stay with T-Moible until I get a better idea of what is going on with this ridiculous company.

Original review: July 20, 2018

Attention!! It is not the only company with which I have had service. I understand I have unlimited service, but they let me know otherwise, with messages that I will put on the images to back up what I say. Half of the days I do not have good service. Months ago I do not call because by complaining on the phone many of the employees mock and in retaliation they make my phone work worse than it was. But since the last time I had a problem with the company, I took a picture of everything that happens on my phone. When I started the service years ago when I spoke with someone, they did not hear me. I tried to move out of the house but it was impossible for the people with whom you spoke you say, "Your voice breaks and I stop hearing you." I ended up frustrated with everything I tried to fix via telephone. I do not recommend this service to anyone.

Original review: July 19, 2018

July 19th 2018 I've been a Metro PCS Customer for some time now. My due date is on the 18th of every month. I paid my bill early this month on the 2nd so that I wouldn't have to worry about it later on in the month. The 18th was yesterday. My phone was working fine. Woke up this morning the 19th of July and nothing works. Nothing at all. Called customer service. They put me through all sorts of Hoops trying to get all connected and back working but nothing works at all. It's as if I never even paid my bill. I have a confirmation number, authorization number, everything for me pay my bill for this month and yet today I have no service. You think that it would be as if I had just paid my bill. My phone was turned off. I paid my bill. They do some type of programming and it's on within seconds but they can't. They have no idea why my phone's not working.

They said it may take 3 to 5 days to figure out what is the problem. That they can give me a $20 credit a $60 credit but it still doesn't do any good with no working phone. What good does it do me them giving me a credit on my account if I don't have any service. Then I asked for a refund. The lady says that she can go ahead and terminate my service but there's no guarantee that I would get a refund. That she would have to send it for a review and they will determine whether or not I will be able to get a refund no guarantee. And again 3 to 5 days for that to happen. It just doesn't make sense. My phone worked great yesterday at the last day of my due date and today it doesn't work at all.

You think that it would just be a reconnection, like if they can go and as if I just paid my bill and reinstated my account. And that's happened you know. You've called and you pay your bill and it only takes seconds for your phone to be working again, I don't understand why they can't just turn my phone on. I will never pay my phone bill early. A game of Metro PCS and if I'm lucky after this month and this whole situation gets resolved I'm just going to drop them and go to someone else, I have to!!

Don't use Metro PCS. They're terrible and they have terrible service. Also if you're tired of every time you call you're speaking to someone that sounds like they're from a foreign country just request that you want to speak to someone from customer appreciation. They will transfer you to a Dallas Texas office and you'll be able to speak to someone who speaks clear English. Again do not use Metro PCS, not only do they have terrible customer service their cellular service sucks also. Thank you.

Original review: July 17, 2018

Ok first of all I pay 60 dollars a month for 4g unlimited high speed internet and calls and texts. Worst service ever. I switched to PCS from Virgin Mobile because they offered me a free phone, I just pay for service. The calls get dropped constantly. The internet is so slow it takes an hour to download a 100mb TV show. Worse if you try to stream. Streaming something it stops to buffer every 5 seconds. This is all day long. There is a small window from about 2 am to 7 am where it doesn't take as long to download. But that's it. When I can I will be changing back to Virgin mobile. Again, Metro PCS is the worst phone service ever.

Original review: July 15, 2018

This has got to be the worst service out there. You can't get signal seems like anywhere. Their phones are completely junk. I'm always losing calls right in the middle of the conversation. And talk about slow. And the customer service people are rude that is if you can even get someone that even speaks English. I see why now the people that even work for Metro don't even use them. This is the worst company I have ever seen. I will be dropping them asap along with about 10 other people I know. This company needs to be shut down. But what do you really expect from a branch of T-Mobile or should I say tmaybe.

Original review: July 13, 2018

Been trying to verify my online account with them but it would not work. Called customer service 800 number and they said there was nothing they could do and good luck. What kind of customer service is that. In my opinion stay away from Metro PCS and pay a little more for a better company.

Original review: July 9, 2018

Been under Metro for a while now (honestly don't know why, though) and their service is perpetually utter garbage. When it isn't completely down 50% of the time, the rest of the time it is unbearably slow and unresponsive. I have their best plan, too. I can't even imagine how horrible their cheapest plans are. Not to mention, customer service is always some short tempered, near impossible to understand foreign person who ultimately provides no useful help or information. Will definitely be switching providers ASAP.

Original review: July 4, 2018

Good luck getting a phone unlocked. I got a “free” iPhone SE by switching to Metro PCS four months ago. It was very clear, and I confirmed by searching the MetroPCS website, that I had to stay with the service for 90s to qualify for a phone unlock. After 90 days customer service told me that all I had to do was to insert another company’s SIM card to unlock the phone. That was baloney. So I called back today and was told that my service requirement was 6 months, not 90 days. When I complained I was told (after yet another phone hold) that it could be done in 5 to 7 days.

I requested a supervisor. He agreed to unlock the phone, but told me that it will take 24 to 72 hours. He agreed to extend my service for that length of time since my service expires today. Given the many phone holds, supposed delays in accessing my account, and other BS, it is clear that Metro PCS makes every effort to thwart the desire of customers to have phones unlocked. Now I will find out if I receive my unlock code in the next few days, but I’m skeptical. Always take a screenshot of the terms of your phone unlock to protect yourself.

Original review: July 3, 2018

The very first day I learned the store scammed me. I wanted a $30 day unlimited plan. They don't sign people up over the phone or provide phones over the phone. I don't have transportation. I happened to walk by their store in Easton. They insisted I had to buy the $60 plan for the 1st month and could change after that. I had a problem my very first day and called tech support/customer service. They said there was no such requirement that I had to get the $60 plan for the first month and put me back down to the $30 plan. In other words the store committed fraud. I found on Google reviews of the store they'd done the same thing to other customers last year and the year before.

It get's worse. They also put another $5/mo feature on my phone for music on hold that I never asked for, never discussed, they never explained. Of course they'd pick something like that since people generally don't call themselves. Also, I specifically wanted an LG phone because they'd worked well for me before. After the store scammed me out of $35 I didn't have the $4-5 they wanted for the phone I wanted that was supposed to be free, no additional charge according to customer service. I've had nothing but trouble from the Alcatel. Don't buy those either.

I'd stopped getting notifications on my phone that I had voicemail. People had been telling me they'd called and left VM but I never knew it. It cost me sales and relationships with co-workers. The first tech support I spoke with had no idea what he was doing. He was going through the operating manual to see what he could find. He was supposed to find me someone who actually knew how to fix the problem and call me back in an hour. No call. I spoke to 2 other people who also couldn't fix the problem. They'd tried calling and leaving VM but no notifications.

They finally decided to reset my network and were supposed to call me in 30 minutes to make sure it worked. Maybe they did, I don't know because now my phone no longer rings or vibrates when I'm getting a call. The only way I know if a call is coming in is if I'm holding the phone and see it on the screen. Remember, I said they'd called to check my VM notifications. The phone rang and buzzed then. It wasn't until they reset the network that it stopped. Now they insist it's a problem with my phone. They insist I have to go to the store for them to fix it. The store is a bunch of thieves.

Remember the beginning of this review. I wanted them to make sure I got the phone I'd wanted in the first place. They say they have no control over their stores. What kind of company has no control over their franchises. Tell that to McDonald's, Wendy's, Dunkin Donuts, Burger King, GM, Ford, etc. This company is not interested in providing good service or taking care of their customers. Tech support is not trained. They have no control over their stores stealing from their customers. Never deal with Metro PCS anywhere. As soon as I'm making $ again I'm moving to a better company. It isn't M PCS.

Original review: June 27, 2018

Two weeks ago they changed their one time extension. Not sending out a text or anything like a quick "Hi there valued customer we are going to be changing policy" and yadda yadda yadda. Something quick and simple as that. I am very dissatisfied with this and I will probably no longer be a part of Metro PCS as their "valued customer. We'll see.

Original review: June 26, 2018

I have been a significant number of calls from unlisted numbers. A reverse search does not show account holder. It list the number as high risk. I receive about four calls a day. They are calling my landline. I am on the do not call list. The one thing the numbers have in common is a 202 area number. The phone numbers are consecutive which suggests that the same person or group purchased the phones. Bottom line, I feel harassed. I would like it to stop if not I will look into starting a class action suit against Metro for irresponsibly issuing cell phones.

Original review: June 25, 2018

I have switched from Boost mobile to Metro PCS because I was dissatisfied with the quality of service from Boost and was hoping for better care and service. But if anything it is much worse. I am lucky to get a good signal anywhere but at work I have a perfect signal. 5 bars. The internet connection is very slow and the talk to text does not work. The phone buffers almost every time I use the internet to watch anything. Needless to say I will be switching services again when I find something else. Oh and the employees at the store nearest me are very unprofessional and spend more time playing around and visiting with their friends than helping customers that come in. One time I waited 15 minutes before I was even acknowledged. I left and went to another store.

Original review: June 22, 2018

I have complained at different stores regarding no service where I live, even though their coverage map shows full coverage. Every store I spoke to just shrugged their shoulders. Today, our power went off and I am on oxygen. I couldn't even call the electric company - no service- thanks Metro!!! Thank God I have wi-fi or I would never have service at my home! I would't suggest Metro to a dog.

Original review: June 20, 2018

First of all Metro PCS had saved me thousands of dollars over the last two years and furthermore I even got a text from the company itself to check out their new family plan. So this very professional lady named CHARLOTTE was able to combine my mother's bill which is 102 with my account that I pay 50 DOLLARS on each month. Now I only have to pay 90 DOLLARS a month for 3 lines!!! That's absolutely the best unlimited deal I ever seen so far. This wonderful lady saved me an additional 60 DOLLARS a month by combining our accounts.

This company is one of the best I've seen so far. Of course you're going to run into a issue every now and then who doesn't but for the most part you really can't get a better deal anywhere. Unlimited everything!!! Way to go Metro PCS. Keep up the excellent customer service it's the backbone of your company. I feel Charlotte should get a raise because her actions will result in me referring all my friends and family to Metro PCS. GIVE CHARLOTTE A RAISE!!! SHE ABSOLUTELY DESERVES IT!!!

Original review: June 18, 2018

I had been paying $6 a month on each phone for my son on their insurance and they said when we tried to get a phone that we could buy one at regular price and so I asked them why I was even paying insurance? And they wouldn't refund my insurance. They wouldn't do anything to help. They just don't care. They just want your money. They're disgusting and their service isn't that good. T-Mobile was the worst network I'd ever been on. I was so dissatisfied with them that I quit within a month.

Original review: June 16, 2018

I hardly ever lose service. They don't slow me down often and it's very affordable. I just wish getting a new phone with them was a lot easier and cheaper.

Original review: June 15, 2018

Forgive me as I know this is a long chronicled account of what happened to me with Metro PCS. You can go on Facebook and comment if you'd like. Or show your support by commenting sharing or liking on Facebook or on this forum. This will at least give you an idea as to why I posted the previous review. Mind you after writing this with you the very next morning I received numerous texts and messages on messenger and phone calls from MetroPCS I have every one of those saved and in those messages I was told that I am a hundred percent correct that this will be taken care of and here I am a month-and-a-half later I'm still waiting!

WHAT WOULD YOU DO IF YOU WERE ME? Okay please be mindful that this post is extremely long but you really need to read every word of it and I really want some feedback on it from anyone who's willing to say! And while reading it please remember put yourself in my place. Pretend you're the one that's going through this or this is what happened to you and then comment! No it's not a grip club per se... I'm just trying to get information as to how to handle a situation!

Okay so my name is Stephanie ** and I am writing this post not necessarily to dog #MetroPCS per se but I am trying to find out who can help me? Let me give you a little bit of background on what has happened to me and then maybe somebody might be able to direct me in the right direction or put me in touch with somebody that can help me.

I live in Mount Penn Pennsylvania and approximately two weeks ago I went into a #MetroPCS store in this area to purchase a phone. I had done extensive research on various LG phones (because that's the brand of phone I'm comfortable with) and kind of zeroed in on the LG Stylo 3. I've always had LG phones and I'm most comfortable with them. And the reason I use my phone is not what I would say for normal usage like I don't listen to music, I don't want videos, I don't stream. My phone is basically used for my job which is I am a product tester. Companies from around the country and sometimes even overseas send me products and I am to review them and post online honest thoughts and opinions. Now some of those items are not even out to the market yet and in return for doing this I get compensated sometimes with cash and I always get to keep the product (almost always anyway).

Now that being said I have to have a phone that has a lot of memory and I need a phone that I can switch individual apps one by one to an SD card because sometimes I need to use those apps but not all the time so those are the apps that I usually put onto my SD card those and a couple of the more lengthy or heavier apps ones that use more space. I do this because I need to keep my internal memory low there for my memory will be sufficient. That has to be the main thing High internal storage and a lot of memory capability. That's the two things I need to do my job correctly. Now approximately 2 weeks ago needed a new phone because my LG K20 plus went black on me. I couldn't see the screen. I can only hear. (That's how long I had that phone). I actually like LG phones and after much research I zeroed and like I said on the Stylo 3 which is made by LG.

So I go into the Metro store in my area and I asked the gentleman close to closing about an hour and a half before closing time. I said, "Hey I need a phone and I want an LG Stylo 3." He's said, "I'm sorry but I don't have it in stock." So I told him that I would just go down the road into the next town and go to the MetroPCS store there because I knew that they had the phone in stock. And he says to me "no no no listen. I have a phone that is better than the LG Stylo." He said, "it does exactly what the Stylo does plus more." So I said, "Let me see it," and he shows it to me and I said, "Listen you know I don't know about this phone I'm not comfortable. I don't think I want this one." He said, "But listen. I'm telling you it's a really good phone," and then I proceeded to tell him what I do with my phone. Okay I spent almost 40 minutes explain to him what I needed the phone to do and why I also told him what I don't do with the phone.

I don't listen music videos. Like I said, I don't watch videos, I don't Upstream, Downstream whatever. I don't stream on that phone. It's my work phone and my work phone only and he was like nah. He said, "My mom is like you. She uses the same phone ZTE BLADE Z Max that I'm showing you right here as like a computer for her." So I'm kind of like looking at it. I'm dragging my feet because I really wanted to get the Stylo. Well then he goes on to say. "Listen. Here's what I'll do. I'm going to knock $60 off the price for you because I know you wanted to Stylo." He said, "You know MetroPCS values you as a customer and I kind of feel bad that I don't have it in stock for you." And I was like, "Well I mean you know," and he was like,"Here I'll tell you what I'll knock the price down. I'll give you the price break." He said, "I'll do that especially for you."

He said, "Take the phone home. You know check it out." He said, "it will just take you a little getting used to whatever," and I'm about to walk out of the store because he's kind of rushing me now because the sale is made and he wants to close. My girlfriend that's with me says, "You don't look very happy Stephanie," and I said, "I don't know I got to be a feeling about the phone," and he heard me he said, "Listen. Like I said take it home and test it out to take it for a test run whenever." He said, "And see if you can get the hang of it." And I was like (in my head) well I have up to 7 days to change my mind if I get home and I don't like it. I'll be able to tell in one night. I'll just bring it back in the morning and either get a new phone or get my money back one of the other. Because my knew he was closing the store and I did see he was getting a little and I'm like okay rushed I guess you should saying that I don't want to hold him up anymore.

So I figured I'll just come back tomorrow if I don't like the phone. So after playing with the phone right away I knew this was not the phone for me so I knocked on my neighbor's door and told her, "Listen. Can you take me back tomorrow because I don't want the phone. It's not cracked up to what he said." She said ok. Now during the night I was continuing to till I try and check it out and it started to malfunction like just basic commands. It wasn't responding to just the simplest things so I did what any rational person would do and I called the company who makes it. I mean seriously it wasn't responding to the simplest command. I kept got it and getting the same pop ups whatever isn't responding and then the other pop-up I would get is, "Do you want to close this app wait or report." So I called ZTE to find out like what's going on.

So I called and I get the man on the phone and he's actually telling me, "Listen. We're going to reboot the phone because I need you to walk me through it. Call me back on my girlfriend's phone and walk me through the rebooting steps." This at the factory reset and it was still doing that and the ZTE man himself said that he works for that company. He said, "Listen it isn't supposed to be doing that." He said, "You should probably take it back." And I said, "I know that's what I planned on doing in the morning. I just wanted to double-check." And then he said I went on to continue to talk to him and somehow it came up about how I really wanted the LG Stylo and he was like, "What do you mean." I said what they didn't have that phone and I explain to him what the gentleman at Metro said and blah, blah, blah.

And he was, "Look I work for ZTE and I can tell you if in fact you do what you're telling me with your phone and you needed to do what you just explained this phone the ZTEMAX is definitely NOT the phone for you." He said, "I don't know why that gentleman would even a recommended you that phone because it's not compatible. It doesn't do the same thing. It doesn't have the same capabilities as the Stylo." And I was like well isn't that something. I said, "I guess he just wanted to make a sale" and he said, "Yeah well unfortunately sometimes that happens." He said, "Just take it back in the morning." So I said okay.

I show up in the morning at MetroPCS before the gentleman who was there and he comes in the store and I said, "Look we got a real problem. I don't want the phone." I said. "I'm sorry. This was a mistake." I said, "I did what you said. I took it home, I check it out, not working at all so I'm just going to get my money back or if you can't get the Stylo here then I'm going to go ahead and go down to Penn Street and get the style there." And he said, "Well we have a problem." And I said, "What's the problem?" He said, "Well that's an upgrade." He said, "And we don't do refunds or any kind of exchanges on an upgrade." And I said, What the hell is an upgrade." and he proceeded to tell me. And I said, "Well I didn't ask you for an upgrade and you told me you were just going to knock money off because I'm a valued customer and that you're doing it special for me like what are you talking about."

And he said, "Well that is what an upgrade and I can't exchange or refund any phones that have an upgrade." And I said, "Well wait a minute. I don't know. What do you mean enough grade like what is that. I don't know what that is and I didn't tell you to do an upgrade on it." And he said, "No, no, no it's an upgrade like you know you were eligible for an upgrade so I guess that's what I gave me...”

I said, "You didn't tell me any of that. You never said that this or that. You told me you were doing me a favor by knocking $60 off the price because you valued me as a customer and you felt bad because I couldn't get the phone I wanted. You told me nothing about an upgrade and you told me nothing about the policy of an upgrade. You told me that you were going to knock off 60 bucks because you felt bad because I couldn't get the phone actually wanted it. You didn't have it in stock except etcetera. You told me nothing about the policy surrounding an upgrade because had you have told me that you know damn well I wouldn't purchase this phone. I wasn't happy. When I walked out that's why you said just give it a night and play with it. I know that's why you said that. I guess you were hoping I was going to like the phone."

"Well guess what? That's not what happened and you didn't tell me that you were going to give me an upgrade or anything like that so how am I being penalized for something you just went ahead and did it on your own? Now I'm not asking for my money back. I'm not even asking for anything free when I'm asking for is from that particular dealership or whoever is to take back this crap phone ZTE blade Z MAX and take it back because it doesn't work even like an ordinary phone should. And second of all it is not the phone that I need for what I do."

I listen to his suggestion I tested it out and I just realized what my gut had told me the whole time. Now I really need to know. I've contacted customer service. Where do I go from here? Who has the authority to change or bend that policy this one time. Because really when he told me that this phone is compatible and does just as much and more than what The Stylo does he lied right to my face. Number one, number two he never told me about the upgrade and the policy surrounding it there for making this sale I believe no invoice like I didn't. And I know he did that because he didn't mention it because he wanted to make the sale. And he probably knew that I was going to want to bring the phone back and he didn't want to tell me because I probably wouldn't have swiped my card. I wouldn't have bought the phone and he knows it.

If I had known that all sales are final I would have walked out of that store and said you know what I'll wait or I'll go to where I said I was going to go originally. And then of course he wouldn't got credit for the sale. So now here's what I need after 10 days of bugging him and being at that store and calling him and asking what he's going to do to fix it. He finally said, “Listen. Don't call me no more. Call this number. Don't bother me no more” like real rude and **. Hung up on me gave me a phone number and it here it is customer service where I pay my bill seriously. Well I ended up dialing that number like I said that he gave me. The Man Who Sold me the phone telling me that it's a corporate number. No. It's the where I pay my bill customer service that's it.

So I was lucky enough to get somebody nice enough on customer service line that spent 3 hours on the phone with me trying to help me find a corporate office that I could take my concerns and requests and complaints to and not only that he loves the formal complaint for me because after I told him what happened he said that that was wrong. You should have never sold me the phone because it's not compatible and he should have told me about the all sales are final thing before I made the purchase or immediately following. He never told me to the next day when I tried to take the phone back. Because I had the option to decline the upgrade if I wanted to and I didn't even know about that because I didn't even know there was an upgrade.

So here's the thing I have reached out to the district manager of my area. I need to know where I can go next. I need somebody from MetroPCS to please help me. I am on a fixed income. It took me 3 months to save up the money for this particular phone that I don't want but I was saving for the Stylo like I said and unfortunately my phone had just died at that moment so I was forced to take the money I had (which would have been the Stylo) and buy the phone.

Now it took me the three months to save the money and I'm not what you call Rich person. I don't have that means financially or emotionally to stick this phone in the drawer and say oh well and pull another $200 out and going by the Stylo myself and another location. And being that he misrepresented me in every way he possibly could and the company he misrepresented the company and the phone and he just plain lied to my face. So therefore I think that the sale was not legitimate and if the rules governing the sale that's not legitimate should be not legitimate as well.

So I really need to know where I go next. Who do I contact because seriously if I have to go all the way to Texas to talk to Rodger Linquist I will camp out on his doorstep and I am not being melodramatic or over dramatic or whatever you want to call it. I'm being dead serious. Because I swear that that's as far as I will take this because I have been a loyal member of Metro PCS. I have never had a problem. I have always gone to the same store and apply going to another store that just opened trying to show them some love because they're going to have a lot of customers all of a sudden. Now I get totally screwed over bad.

Like I said I don't have the money for that. I don't have money to take and pull from a bank account somewhere while posting this phone online or what have you or anything like that because I couldn't even sell this one if I wanted to because it doesn't work properly. With all the closing of the apps and low memory and I'll come on really like I really believe that this possibly could be a refurbished phone. Like why would it not be working. It's supposed to be brand new phone. Why is it misbehaving the way it is?

Either way you look at it I basically got played for my money and they're telling me there's not a thing I can do about it. Now I don't believe that. I think Metro above that. You know customer service is one of their main great points. Okay anybody can sell the phone. It's who can back them up that counts. And I've always been. I left Metro once and it was a big mistake and went right back so I am asking somebody out there in Metro land if they could help me direct me to the next person I need to speak to because seriously like I am so ready to like borrow money and fly out to Texas to try and talk to Rodger Linquist about the problem.

I don't know what else to do and I'm sincerely devastated like I can't really stop being upset. Like I said I'm not rich. I don't have a lot of money and I only had when I had and that man took it from me without even a second thought. So I really need some help. Can somebody please, please reach out to me. Private message me if I can get the messenger app open because that's one of the big ones that won't open.

If you can please reach out to me please and I'm basically begging somebody to tell me what my next step is because I really know that there's somebody in this company that we did make a mistake so let's do the right thing and correct the mistake. Let her bring back the phone. Give us back the phone and we will apply the money she spent on it towards the Stylo and let her pay the difference. I am so willing to do that. I think that is a fair solution. Like I said I'm not trying to hustle anybody or get extra or anything like that I just want what I walked in that store to purchase a phone that can help me because seriously I can't even post a picture right now because it's telling me I've low memory and I don't know how to work phones and get it to not be low memory. But I shouldn't have to because I know with an LG I know what to do to keep my memory low. I've done it for a year-and-a-half almost 2 years with my K20 plus.

So I've had no problems getting my reviews in on time except with the LG K20 plus I had unfortunately. So I'm asking you please somebody at MetroPCS please get ahold of me. Please tell me where I can go next. Please give me a suggestion on how I can get the Stylo without having to pay $200. I don't have that kind of money. I'm not a rich person. I'm not even a person of any kind of means to be honest with you.

As much as it humiliates me to say I'm on a fixed income of only $750 a month. That's all I have. That's why it took me 3 months to save up that money. And then for them have a man just take it from me like it's nothing and basically say, “You know what well save another 200 and then come back.” I mean it's just horrible and I am devastated that I would be treated like this. I know there's somebody out there in Metro land that can help me. I know somebody has the authority to say, “We made the mistake. Now we're going to correct it. Our customer person, our customer service person, our employee made a mistake” or what have you. Actually I don't think it was a mistake but I'll even go as far as to say okay he made a mistake but we made a mistake MetroPCS.

Original review: June 15, 2018

My entire family uses Metro and I wouldn't have it any other way. They are reasonable in price and the service is always reliable. They have excellent staff that is always ready to bend over backwards to make you happy. Always get excellent service and care with a smile.

Original review: June 14, 2018

It takes a long time to pay the bill over the phone, loss of signal in areas where there should be signal, and slow data speeds. Also, the phone insurance is a waste. Whenever you go to the store with a broke or damaged phone, it's always cheaper to just buy another phone. I ended up paying 5 bucks a month for almost 3 years for absolutely nothing. METRO POO POO S is a more accurate name for them.

Original review: June 13, 2018

I've been a Metro PCS customer for a year now painlessly. No problems with this service. Only thing I do not like are all the unsolicited calls and texts.

Original review: June 12, 2018

A friend and I visited the store twice, in Hallandale, with poor results both times. The first the young gentleman was unable to transfer requested date and still the full fee of 15.00. The second visit when we had chosen to leave Metro for a better company the second gentleman could not be bothered to even turn the music down to assist us with important questions. There was no attempt to even go a step out of the way to try and help, the phone was not working, no service, no ability to be used and no assist was given to attempt to resolve the issue. Metro PCS has lost a few steps since being taken over.

Original review: June 12, 2018

Metro PCS provided good customer support after waiting on hold for more than 45 minutes. This is a true average hold time. Other than that, if you use a lot of data and want to get the data speeds you pay for, expect to be on hold for a customer agent or tech support person often. I think my average data speed on Metro PCS was 600kb most of the time. Bill pay was simple unless you've waited past your due date. You better have another a friend nearby so you can use their phone to sit on hold with.

Metro PCS Company Information

www.metropcs.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business