Metro PCS

Compare Cell Phone Providers

Research top Cell Phone Providers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

My service is out of Florida and I moved to Ohio a few months ago. My bill has been paid on time every month and I have no reason why it's been paid at all because I have not been able to make or receive calls or texts at all. I've tried to connect to WiFi calling and keep getting that I don't have a e911 address so that doesn't even work. The only time the WiFi calling worked is when the payment was a day late... then and ONLY then have I been able to use my phone. As soon as the bill was paid and Metro PCS restored I lost all services again. Isn't your slogan nationwide network? Sooo false!! Don't be taken in by this network, they want your money but don't give the service that you pay for!

False advertisement. I switched from Boost paying $35 per month with unlimited talk, text, and web with a data cap at 3Gb and data speeds slowing after 3Gb. MetroPCS promised unlimited talk, text, and web and no data cap. However, after 3 months, I started getting "data usage warnings" and the data did slow. Why do I need to pay twice as much for the same service??? And when I was told, and the REASON I switched was for no data cap? You have to be a fool to pay twice as much for the same service!!!

I moved to the US and got a phone plan from Metro PCS to put on my existing phone. The person who signed me up with the account did not put my name on the account, I didn't sign any agreements or get a receipt or anything. He told me I would receive a text with instructions on what to do next. Since the account does not have my name on it I am unable to do anything with this account, and they have locked my phone to their service. I went to my local Metro PCS store and they told me I could cancel the account but I would have to buy a new phone to use another provider. I have called the company multiple times and they will not do anything for me or give me any information about the account because my name isn't on it. But my name should be the only name on the account since I am the one that opened it and paid for it. This company scams people. DO NOT USE THEIR SERVICE!!!

As a previous Verizon customer I am 100% content with Metro PCS. I acquired my contract in Asheville North Carolina. Two free phones were part of the plan but I opted to pay extra two LG Stylo phones. On my travel back to Winston-Salem North Carolina I lost signal only one time while on the highway. Anyone who is familiar with Highway 40 West going through the gorge knows you will not get any signal with any service provider in those valleys.

As a truck driver I typically stay within a 100-mile radius of Winston-Salem North Carolina. I will say that I do not get anymore or any less reception as I did with Verizon Wireless. While with Verizon I could never expect to know what my bill would be each month until I got the bill. I paid $107 give or take several each month for 3 gigs of data and we're unwilling to extend any courtesy to better my rates even though I've been a loyal customer for 13 years. Now I pay $115.40 each month for 3 smartphones with unlimited everything. Our lives do not revolve around a cell phone so for me it's all about the cost.

I switched from US cellular to Metro for a few reasons and I couldn't regret the idea more. Prior to switching to Metro I was paying $67/month for 5gigs 4g LTE and unlimited talk and text and wasn't allowed to use my data with my tablet unless I wanted to pay another $25. Then I see Metro offering what they claimed to be truly unlimited data at 4g LTE speed with 8 gigs allowed for tethering to my tablet and the usual unlimited talk and text all for a total of $64/month.

The idea of not jumping on this seemed foolish so I looked at the reviews, considered the negative ones and it all seemed pretty common... If I break my screen I assume shipping will cost more than a new phone and customer service always sucks no matter who or where... BUT nobody mentioned specific locations and connection speeds or where service is not! So IT MAY BE IMPORTANT TO CONSIDER WHERE YOU ARE AND WHERE YOU EXPECT TO GET SERVICE BEFORE BUYING INTO THE GREAT FEATURES!

I am in Mendocino County Northern California. I do on call mobile maintenance on solar and mobile homes. A lot of my customers are pot growers and live in the surrounding hills and mountains. I immediately took notice of the awful decision I made when I switched to Metro PCS... What good are all the features when they can only be used when you are at home? So here's the list of of my issues.

The 4g LTE is never up to speed and is always at the mercy of Metro's parent company T-mobile. T-mobile just had that huge "free pizza" sign on incentive which picked up over a million customers who you as a Metro customer will take a back seat to when it comes to download and streaming speeds etc. It's all in the small print but it's worse than you'd guess! (Metro customer service will insist that 4g LTE is available and I think they believe themselves.) I rarely see any speeds that can support uninterrupted streaming video on my tablet... in fact in the last year its functioned ok once at like 4:30 in the morning. The service (in Ukiah Ca.) is 3g speed/quality on a good day.

Metro is at the mercy of advertisers and advertising for its parent company. They are merciless and remorseful when it comes to this and (unless you are skilled at the control and features of your device and its apps) you can expect random interruptions by Metro pushed advertisements... sudden new features you don't want and a lot of sudden battery drain and data chomping. It took me a week to figure out which app was allowing my phone to suddenly at random play some video commercial while I am 5 feet away talking to a customer or asleep. And it took me another 4hrs to disable the culprit (which I must do about once every two months).

My contacts receive unauthorized texts from Metro through me that are supposed to be me referring my contacts to some Metro connected app or service... ever get weird texts from your friends telling you about this "cool site" or "awesome new app" & when you respond to the sender they say nothing or act confused? That person probably has Metro and they really don't know what your talking about... there's no record on their phone of having sent it. I FIND THIS TO BE INVASIVE AND EXTREMELY UNPROFESSIONAL AND JUVENILE. It's like a bunch of bubble-gummers are in control. Another 4hrs to stop this from happening.

Signal loss is terrible and communicating with other Metro customers is often impossible. It gets no signal near airports and if there's the slightest bowl shaped valley you better be on the ridge or outside. The signals are terrible and frequently I find myself on one end or the other of a call where one of us hears nothing while the other can hear the other perfectly while he repeats the word, "Hello!??, Hellooo?!" THIS RARELY HAPPENED WITH MY PREVIOUS CARRIER AND I GOT AT LEAST USABLE SERVICE IN MOST LOCATIONS EVEN IN REMOTE LOCATIONS. This may not be the case in other areas of the country but its true here.

The usual complaints about customer service apply but with one major triple topper to froth it off. THERE IS NO PHONE ACCESS TO CUSTOMER SERVICE. THERE IS ONLY STORE ACCESS and the one store (in this area) is only open Monday-Friday 9AM to 6pm and Saturday til 3pm so those of us with jobs may find access to customer service impossible or costly (if you have to take time off from work to drive there because you work from 8am to 6pm or similar hrs). READ THE SMALL PRINT AND CONSIDER YOUR SITUATION.

So with this list it should be clear that Metro is not for everybody and that YOU MUST consider where you are and what you do before you switch. Find out from the people around you what kind of service and reception issues they have. Find out how many Tmobile customers are in your area. T-mobile can be really trendy in some areas and as a MetroPcs customer your service quality is directly impacted by Tmobile traffic. Your 4g LTE may amount to something comparable to 56k dial up on its best day.

Don't buy insurance on a phone you paid less than $130 for. They want your business so if you break your phone ask them for a deal on a new and better phone. You will save on the hassle and the shipping costs to fix the broken one will probably amount to about twenty bucks less than a new phone. And you will spend way more than twenty bucks on the insurance in less than 6 months so don't be stupid! (something I figured out and avoided by reading the complaints).

Metro in my opinion is simply a promotional concept and is more or less just a step up from the faceless Walmart minute by minute card refill phones. A cheap option when your kid is crying that they want a cell phone since all their friends have them. I gave them two stars. One is because the girl in their store is nice and even smiles when shes alone and there's a line out the door, kids throwing fits, people bitching at her in Spanish and English, and losers trying to steal the display models... and one for offering limitless 4g LTE without data caps (something that would be great if not for the tmobile customer boom slowing it down to annoyingly impossible speeds).

Myself... I will go back to the extremely constrictive 5gig 4g LTE at its proper form and speed, service almost everywhere, professional quality 7 day a week 8am-8pm customer service that my previous carrier offered just as soon as I come up with the funds to buy a new phone because for me Metro is a frustration that cannot seem to live up to the potential of the services it offers. Too good to be true seems to ring louder than my Metro phone!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Metro PCS?

Walked in to no greeting or even a look. Finally I asked about the promotion for new phone to existing customers and was told nothing is free. I wish they would explain their promotion better to their customers and I was like "OK I believe you are them because you work for this company" so as she walked away to never return.

During a spousal break-up, I received a text message from MetroPCS telling me my account had changed and if I did not make the change to contact MetroPCS. So I went into the closest store. The clerk immediately was rude. As if I'm an inconvenience for entering. I tell her my account changed without my knowledge. She looks it up, says the name on the account was no longer mine and to even look into the reason for this huge major change I would need to provide a security ANSWER. SHOCKED. So I asked her for the security question. Made sense to me - answer to the question - but she informed me there was no question, it's just a security answer.

Not knowing it, clearly because my account had been changed, I started asking more (like how could this happen, can I just show you my ID). She got frustrated at my questions and told me to call MetroPCS. During her screaming at my face, the manager comes over and tells her that she shouldn't handle customers like that and she continued her smart attitude with words and the worst look ever. Pretty infuriating considering my phone just told me to contact metro. The manager then shortly tells me to call 611 to figure it out while holding her arm trying to calm her down. The customer gets yelled at then told to leave with no resolution? The account is no longer mine. So I have my ID, receipts of all payments, and you're telling me someone could CALL MetroPCS and change my ENTIRE ACCOUNT???

Apparently, my then ex-boyfriend had called MetroPCS and vexed them into putting my account into his name and then put it on high security! All from one phone call. CHANGES TO THE ENTIRE ACCOUNT, like a name change, high security, all the above, should only be handled with proper IDENTIFICATION!!!

So next I call MetroPCS just to be told the exact thing. I needed a security code. Luckily my ex did not turn my line off!!!

Fast forward a month, wake up and see my data top up is empty and I had just purchased one the day prior. Weird, because I only played my online poker game a few hours when it usually lasts 4 days if I play 8 hours a day (big hobby). So I purchased another top up. Then I played for 58 mins without changing rooms (uses less data) and then the "You have 10 % top up left" popped up. What? 58 minutes and its gone? So I call MetroPCS. What a mistake.

I wish I had names! Especially of the first lady. I started by telling her my info, then she asked for the security answer and that jogged my memory of my horrifying experience at the store. So I went and asked my again boyfriend for that darn answer. During which she had to wait two seconds. So I told her "Ma'am I have the information" and began reading. Laughing, she interrupted me to tell me I'm giving her the wrong information. Again, I asked my bf for another answer, I again tell her I'm ready and start my answer. Then I went on to tell her that people shouldn't be able to change an account from one call. For about ten seconds there is no response so I engage her again, laughing she says "Oh I didn't know you were ready." I told her this was no laughing matter and that I was not going to continue the conversation.

I asked her if I could please speak with a supervisor. She then started pleading saying she didn't mean to laugh and that she thought I was still talking to my BF even though I gave clear indicators of whom I was addressing. Again, I told her I'm not interested in engaging anymore with her and to please let me speak to someone else. Again she wanted to argue, I finally spoke over her telling her this is not okay and to put someone on the phone that could help me. I then got put on hold for 12 minutes, until I hung up and called back.

A nice gentleman answered and asked for my info again, not wanting to even go there again, I told him about her terrible customer service I just had and asked him to please let me speak to a supervisor. I was then told the supervisors were not available, they too were answering calls. And while waiting my phone died!!! Of course. So I gave up again. My boyfriend had some issues of his own with them so he called back later. He didn't have to provide the security answer. Too funny right? His "4G" was running very slowly and couldn't connect properly to his music app due to slowness. He called and told them about my internet issue and his. Both issues were solved. They reset our phones and that supposedly worked. WiFi calling was turned on even though my WiFi wasn't. That used all my data! For months!!!

So what is up with security??? Why do I have to call to get my internet reset because your network is running slow? Why couldn't I fix my account in store with identification and for goodness sake? Why did I have two of your employees be completely rude to me? Store location: 2142 Frayser Blvd, Memphis, TN. FYI, when consumers come in or call due to wrong account activity, the manner should be taken seriously and solved swiftly. Otherwise don't bother contacting me telling me it changed! Main issue: rude customer service in a desperate time and cheating people out of hundreds of dollars of data!!!

Worst Customer Service MetroPCS Authorized Dealer 27130 John R. This dealership promises rebates and then the company says they are not authorized. This place is run by half witted guys who don't seem to know what they are doing and don't seem to like to help their customers. Avoid this dealership, and think twice about Metro PCS in general.

I switched from AT&T to Metro PCS last year (2016) and received an Alcatel Onetouch Fierce XL by paying 73 dollars approx. Then the salesman said they would unlock the phone after continued service of 90 days. I used it for 90 days and approached them to unlock the phone. They suggested to use "Device Unlock" app after 90 days of service. I used it to unlock the phone successfully. However, a day after unlocking the phone, it automatically got locked. I tried calling Metro PCS customer care several times and they do not have any solution for it.

I raised a ticket in January 2017. They asked me to wait for 5 business days but no response from them. I have been calling customer care but the call never gets connected to any agent. IVRS on the phone says they can't connect to any agent. It's so frustrating that the company is not bothered at all after sales. They are only interested in selling their useless products but not able to provide proper service after sales. I would NOT recommend switching to MetroPCS. Worst Service.

I bought service from Metro PCS on Jan 28. Everything was fine until Feb. 4. My phone just started saying no service where the bars should be. I tried everything that you should do like turning it off and back on, turning airplane mode on and off, and letting it sit overnight. The next day I called the customer service and they made me go through all these steps and none of which worked. Now they say they are going to send it over to their engineering department and it will take 3-5 business days. And I am still expected to pay for a service that I can't even use and I only had it for less than a week.

My husband and I decided to switch to Metro PCS as of 2/4/17, we went into Evolution Wireless, authorized dealer. Metro PCS is advertising free phones when you switch and that is what we chose. Everything was fine when we paid and left the store. Today, 2/5/17, our phones were not working. I contacted the store And was told that we apparently didn't pay the bill. I asked why was my phone working when I left the store but now is not. They could not provide me with a reason.

I spoke with district manager Jeremy asking for this to be corrected and he admitted that they made a mistake and the bill was actually due. We paid for phones when they were advertised for free. I asked him how this could be fixed today and he said for me to pay an additional $50. I said, "Since this was your mistake, you need to make it right." Now, I'm not even sure what we paid for and now we do not even have working phones or service. We are very displeased and feel we have been scammed.

Being a company that is suppose to be a good company well you're a lot less than good. I talk to a rep at the main office in Texas and I was to get a refund of 65.00 dollars 5 week after we talk. It been 8 week and now you don't even answer your phone. You got machine to hide behind. Truly nice for customer. From today on I will post on my page this message and I will post to all my friend and anyone that want to listen on linkins and yahoo on all troubleshooter that will like to hear me on T-Mobile, on AT&T, on Cricket that they can use all my info for the service that I got from your company that is no good. You will lose more the 5.00 dollars you hold me. Phone number never use **.

I have had Metro PCS since 2014, when I needed to get a smartphone for classes. Service was ok, can cut out a little. For the past few years, my connectivity has been horrible. I live in a central area off Beach Blvd in Huntington Beach, California (not to be confused with Huntington, WV). I have to dial a number up to 10 times to get through sometimes. I can't have one call get through on the first dial, including saved contacts. This is the worst carrier, and I get spotty connections, where the other person tells me they can barely hear me, and I have to yell in the phone.

Again, I am going to emphasize that I live in a major city in a central area. I went in and mentioned these issues to their people, and the salesperson lies to my face about how his phone cuts out in certain areas of his apartment, as some weak explanation. He had that nervousness that people get when they lie to you and they're not comfortable lying. That really bothered me. I reiterated to him that I live off Beach Blvd in Huntington Beach - I'm not in the desert or in another country. I bought a Kyocera in 2015 - one that is supposed to handle being under 3 feet of water for 30 minutes. Never had a problem with that. But if I was in a car underwater, it would probably take 3+ minutes to get a call through after redialing 911 10 times (of course, I'm joking, for people without any intelligence for sarcasm).

Do not sign with MetroPCS if you are not an illegal immigrant or recent documented immigrant, or trailer park trash - basically the other customers I see in their stores. If I had known, I would have gone with a Walmart phone. I've kept this account only because I'm moving and will need a new phone at my new location, and just bearing dealing with this company and it's crap phones, as the service gets worse and worse at MetroPCS. Having to redial numbers up to 10 times and having spotty connections in a major part of a major city is a joke. Don't sign with this company.

Change from iPhone to Android. I picked out an inexpensive phone and the RUDE rep named Brittany ** explained that would be a bad choice. She has one here that will love which is $100 more expensive. It was too big, she said I would get use to it! I didn't. Went in this morning to exchange for the one I wanted originally. She said sorry I can't do that. This customer (me) was not happy and she didn't care. I will cancel my service with this terrible company as soon as my month is up!

Walked in Metro PC and spent 80 for a phone that didn't work. Was back at the location in Conroe TX 5 times in 2 weeks. Finally they realize my phone didn't work and ordered me another. Waiting 9 days to get it, when I couldn't get there right away they sent my phone back. Talked with corporate office to a guy named Vic who credited me 50 and was transferring me to someone else when the call was disconnected. Wow this is what you get for 80 at Metro PC?? Not to say I paid my bill on the 22 and phone was turned off on the 29... Buyers beware.

IN METRO PCS'S DEFENSE. I am A SELF TAUGHT IT/all things electronic... OVER 7+ YEARS. Looking over the Metro PCS reviews AS I AM going there to sign up and get away from VERIZON, finally. I SPOKE to people I know personally who ALREADY have had service with them and based my decision on THEIR satisfaction.

That said, people NEED TO do their "homework"... prior to committing themselves to ANY NEW SERVICE. I've read review after review - mad people who are angry when it's their own RESPONSIBILITY and really don't have a legit reason for complaining when THEY NEED TO READ ALL OF THE INFO, OR CONTRACT INFO, or rules regulations etc.

FIRST. Things like reading that someones screen just RANDOMLY CRACKED a few days after getting it... DOESN'T HAPPEN. These people AREN'T GOING TO OFFER a new phone when they I'M SURE, took a look and from general knowledge, KNOW THAT - AGAIN, screens don't just BREAK, CRACK, ETC. This one look too, based on the breakage, can tell too the extent of what caused the break. A drop, a previous drop or stress to the screen; YES WILL RESULT IN THIS. I'd say too that once investing in ANY SMARTPHONE, the OWNER needs to, 110%... MUST... GET EITHER A CASES, OTTER probably is the best bet, from amazon, great pricing and I got one for my GALAXY FOR $15 = that's waterproof up to 6 feet, shock resistant too.

In short, FAILURE ON THE CONSUMERS PART IS RESPONSIBLE for 90% of the complaints I just read. Talk to other customers, it's A NON-CONTRACT company so if you're unhappy, LEAVE... RESEARCH, invest at least 2 hours mininum prior to going there. You can read over their STIPULATIONS, regulations, etc RIGHT THERE,... THEN invest in the insurance, or better yet - get a case for your new baby.

I also read how one guy STATED HE DID his HOMEWORK,... and that in 5 days his 5 gb of data WAS TOTALLY USED UP WHICH ISN'T HUMANLY POSSIBLE. Oh yes my friend... it's not human, it's a phone, HE AS A HUMAN... clearly HAD JUST GOTTEN and wasn't on WIFI... and I'm sure as he was setting it up, downloading apps, streaming music youtube etc. I USED UP just 1 gb myself, when i got my first smartphone: IN 2013. Id just gotten my new phone and didn't have my wifi button set to on, and within less than 1 hour of me just starting to set it up, I had used up 1gb in that short time.

In 5 days, general use and setting up, etc DEF CAN EAT UP 5GB, NOT TO MENTION the company if it was a mistake on their parts, they KNOW JUST BY LOOKING UP YOUR DATA history from their end, == and can see exactly what used up this guys data, resulting in their refusal to take responsibility for. If they are at fault, they will make good. Just check any or everything out prior to entering into even a library card... This company has a good track record. They don't refund things that are from user error....Or failure to read the paperwork. Again, it's non-contract, so just leave if things are so horrible....Sell the phone on craigslist, get the money back to pay them... And enter into another company's service.

Was okay with Metro PCS, until two weeks ago - massive update - deleted apps so that I could fit the download on my phone - let it do its thing - and since then, not even Pandora will play smoothly. Takes a few minutes to download a picture. Need like 5 minutes to download CNN. Seriously??? What am I paying you for??? The service in Providence RI is not even mediocre - it's bad. Would you please take some of the money that I pay each month, and fix your damn network?

Metro PCS located at 300 Farm to Market 2410 #105, Harker Heights, TX 76548 (254)213-4084. As a valuable customer, my cell phone was giving me problems with disabling my wifi cellular calls, so I went to the Metro PCS store location and number annotated above. As a veteran I always use profanity but definitely not directed at the customer service representative! A ** woman asked if I needed assistance and I said 'yes' asking how much a particular damn phone was, again I made it clear to the ** woman I curse and I'm not using profanity towards her.

I've repeated myself redundantly after the ** woman says I have an attitude, now everyone knows we're in America, no one is going to be happy and on the go all the time, I replied to the customer representative that my attitude is not towards her informing her that she doesn't even own the company and I'm not cursing at her. She walked behind her counter after inquiring if I had cell phone insurance, and I informed her using profanity that I'm not inquiring about my cell phone insurance, and she immediately stated she can't assist me if I have an attitude.

First off every human being has the right to have an attitude as long as they're not hurting anyone. She then told me to go to another store because of my attitude and asked me to leave again using profanity and we both exchanged words of profanity, and the other two gentlemen men didn't say nothing, even after I asked the other man to assist me then, because I was not screaming or anything, they just pulled the ** woman to the back as she was using profanity towards me.

I work in customer service and have been cursed at, yelled at to do something, called a **, and NOT once did I get out of professional character! Metro PCS needs to hire better customer service representatives, especially when not all customers are going to be happy customers. I called Metro PCS customer service phone and filed a complaint. I redundantly told that customer representative I wasn't using profanity towards her and there was no sign or law that stated that there was no profanity allowed, ridiculous. Horrible customer service!

The Metro PCS on Jamaica ave by 162 st has the worst possible customer service. 15 stations with only 3 customer service reps working and a total of 7 customers before me of which each get abt 20 minutes of service. This feels like a doctor's office. No excuse as to why they do not have enough representative especially in such a busy central location where traffic is expected to be high. I would not recommend anyone to do business there.

Metro PCS will device lock your phone. That means you can't even use WiFi. I thought I purchased my phone and it is mine including WiFi. I believe I spoke with Oscar. Call was dropped and he still managed to unlock MY phone. The reason I won't pay my bill is because I didn't use it for a month due to unforeseen expenses. When I tried to pay again they wanted payment for the month I didn't use plus this month. No thanks Metro PCS. Will continue to use free WiFi. Oscar is great.

I have been using metro PCS for over 20 years and I have called in to customer service a few times and this time this guy name Oscar was the best of the best and he needs to be the top trainer for Metro PCS. If everyone there on Metro PCS team would work with the greatest attitude and really made me feel like family like Oscar works in the Los Angeles call center works the night shift. Believe me when I tell you he is the best rep you have and I hope you can take the time and look at this guy work. Unreal. Never seen someone take so much pride in his job. Let him train the people, they will become top reps trust that. I hope this guy Oscar from Los Angeles California call center gets the recognization that he deserves. He is the best of the best.

Metro PCS advertise unlimited calling plans in which I have been paying for for years. However about several months ago they begin charging customers for calling conference calls/prayer lines or recorded playback lines that are within local area codes, which is included in my plan. They made a name for it called select share. Really?? It is still a local call in which is included in my plan. This is a violation of their advertised rate plan and should be investigated. They are forcing customers to pay extra each month to make a local call without any forewarning.

In addition to hidden added fees Metro PCS is screening my private calls. If not how did the representative tell me when I called to complain about these extra charges on my bill that he said he too have to pay metro to join his church for prayer via telephone. What has metro done? Have they called people on my call list? Are they monitoring who I call and listening as well? This is a violation of my and many more customers privacy. I am appalled.

I bought a phone Dec. 8, 2016. Asked for a loud phone was given one that I can't hear out of. I was told the phone was defective. Upon replacement seven to ten days went by although I was promised that they would notify me when UPS delivered it. They never notify me and after a week to ten days went by found out they had the phone Dec. 24th. I got it Dec 30th. For days they had it and never contacted me.

The second phone was no louder than the first. I wanted my $51.63 to be used to a phone I can hear out of. They wanted to sell me another phone. I switched to another cell phone company and want my refund. Was told to go the store I bought it from or mail it to a P.O. Box.5119 Carol Stream, Illinois 60197. When I mentioned consumer affairs the seller of my phone threw me out of the talk time store. This company is a band of thieves ripping people off with poor quality electronics and trying to force us to keep their garbage and take our money. Spoke to Rhea. She said I would get a refund. Going to the Talk Time store tomorrow to return it for a refund.

All the phones I have had is junk from day one and Metro PCS would not even stand up to their word and refund our money back. I pay for unlimited wireless network data and it includes unlimited everything and from day one I am not getting what I pay for. The phones keep cutting off calls or doesn't ring in half the time and the screen keeps going to a black screen several times until I yell Metro PCS quit and then it will quit for a day and then start back. These wireless companies need someone instead of rude obnoxious kids that don't know what they're doing and the internet service is horrible. I'm going to go back to Boost mobile in a couple of months. So far Boost Mobile has been the best wireless network provider.

Purchased a new phone with Metro PCS. I used them when lived in a different area and was satisfied. Upon moving here there was no service. A new tower was built and supposedly service was to my area now. Well it wasn't. They will not give a refund and will not unlock my phone for going back to old carrier for another 30 days. They need to offer a payment option to unlock early or give people refunds when service does not reach the area.

I purchased a new phone and the first two months of pre-paid service ($30/month) for my son's birthday gift, but after only one month his service was shut off. I called the branch where I purchased and set up the phone to let them know of the problem. It turns out the employee (who was also the store manager) who set up the phone set it for the $60/month plan, rather than two months at $30/month.

Even though he acknowledged that it was likely his error, he refused to reinstate service for the second month that I had paid for. He said he could change the plan to the $30/month, but that I would have to pay again for a month I'd already paid for. When I asked to speak to his supervisor, he gave me a woman's name and phone number. When I called, the number was actually for the man/manager I had just spoken to. Apparently he didn't want his boss to know about this. I'm very disappointed with this branch (Oneida St. in Green Bay, WI) and their unwillingness to correct a problem they created.

I have been with this company since 2008 and I was happy and no complain until last 2 times I was buying new phone style LG to get new phone not any other reason. As soon I bought it and I came home nothing was working and I called a customer service. She walked through my phone almost an hour and she told me this phone has a problems. Anyway they fixed it. Last 2 month I told them I have problem with changing my phone and I was busy with a work. I went there after 2 month and told me “It's damage. You have to buy a new phone.” and I asked them “Please give something good. I don't have go through all stuff again to got a phone.” For last 2 hours in shop nothing was downloaded and I had to leave.

I came home and I had phone called. My phone goes off and on I was not able to downloaded. I call customer service since she was walking through my phone my phone goes off and I had to call again. I called again. I want to get replacement or something working good. After 3 times every time an hour put me on hold. They offer me a cheapest free phone or “You can buy it another store.” Worst and cheapest company I have ever seen. I got this phone for $128 on 1_6_17 and calling 3 times they treat me very bad. I told them “I would complain about your service.” I have been loyal to this company and they should not treat me like that.

Metro PCS has the worst customer service. I have been with them for over 3 years and every time I try to get any customer service out of them, they tell me I'm SOL or they try to sell me a new phone because the one they sold me 6 months earlier doesn't work anymore. I just upgraded to a new phone 2 days ago. Now it doesn't work. They are now telling me that I'm SOL.

I have never had any major problems with MetroPCS, I live in the city so that probably helps the fact that I always have coverage/no calls dropped, the only thing wrong is their return policy which takes 10 hours of call time or 1 week. I've also had MetroPCS when I lived in Florida for 2 years before they were on the T-Mobile network and even then it was pretty good unless you wanted to leave the state. Plus it's affordable with no overdraft fees ever, a lot of other companies are dropping their prices to try to compete, so that helps us all.

I have had my phone less than 12 hours and the screen has shattered. It seems there is a fatal flaw in this phone and it is the screen. I no longer want the phone if I know now that it will crack and break and the accidental drop or even smack onto a table... How can a company sell a phone which is faulty by design. If the manufacturer knows the phone will shatter constantly how can they expect loyal customers? This is one of the worst buying experiences I have ever had!

Metro PCS Company Profile