1.60/5

Metro PCS Reviews

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

1613 Metro PCS Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

I tried to pay my bill with my Discover Debit Card. Discover is my bank. They would not accept my payment. When I said that I would terminate my service with them they told me that I would lose my phone number. I am constantly having to reboot my phone to keep my signal. I do not recommend Metro PCS.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

Ok so getting the phone and service not so bad. Bought a 200$ phone. Got a free phone. Cool right? Ok except the phones keep on getting a no service notification... My phone won't send picture messages from my house. Add a line dorb30$ a big fat lie. It was 50 some dollars out the door and we brought the phone. If you pay your bill late your due date remains the same so you get screwed out of however many days you pay late. Oh btw don't add the new line in the middle of your service month. That 50$ get no prorate no next bill deduction. Nothing. I have insurance on 2 phones. Waste of money. My screen is cracked. Phone's acting like a piece and they say, "Well you're eligible for an upgrade." ** am I paying insurance for. So that's my experience with Metro PCS. My advice go anywhere else.

Get expert buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

Metro PCS customer service is terrible. They charge me for a hotspot that I could use. Then when I called the customer service number, she was very rude and gave me an attitude. I'm moving to Boost Mobile. I suggest everyone do the same or upgrade. I'm not happy with Metro. I'm done with them. My whole family is going to Boost next month.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

Last February, I got almost heart attack in MetroPCS store that employee didn't want to involved with me, laid down on floor when my mobile was damaged. He did not call to 911 for me, because he was afraid of 911 or police that he don't have an work Visa or Green Card. One woman who did helped me to getting water bottle, and I took pill of heart medication from my pocket pill. After that I called to explained to Sophia ** about what happened. Now other supervisor was very rude, insulting, bully and big shot head to me today. I will drop this in anymore, so I'll have to find mobile service have good service or more better than MetroPCS mobile. They don't care of you because they want your money from you. Don't trust to MetroPCS!

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

I am a Metro PCS customer. I have WiFi Hotspot included in my plan. For over a week I can't access how much hotspot usage I am using when I use the MyMetro App on my phone. I reported this using #611 and the problem is still happening. Also their customer service people do not speak good English. You have to make them repeat and slow down to understand you. This is really bad.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Metro PCS?

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

I am having trouble with the signal fading in and out. This happens for anything that uses data and my text messages (some messages don't even get sent). This has been the case since you announced that you were switching to T-Mobile's network. Unfortunately, if this keeps up I'm switching services. I use my phone quite frequently and it is a huge inconvenience. I can't even enjoy a song or movie without it being interrupted 10 times or more.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2019

When to pay my bill with a customer service representative they told me my bill was 205. It was supposed to be 105. He told me he had fixed it back down to 105 then I gave him my card to process the 105 and he ended up charging the 205. Then I spent entire evening arguing with his supervisor and then the next supervisor above that one. Only to find out that it was for nothing and they still have my $205.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

I have been a loyal customer for over a year. I went to get a upgrade after 1 year with this phone and was told to pay 175. Why when you give a new customer 1000 dollars in phones free with no record but I have to pay when I have been loyal for over a year and paid on time every month. But I come in to get one upgrade and am told to basically bend over when Joe Shmoe with no record get 1000 dollars in free phones. GREAT WAY TO TREAT YOUR GOOD LOYAL PAYING CUSTOMER METRO.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

Metro PCS in Rockaway NJ partners with SmartPay. I was told no early payoff penalty & no interest on financing. Learned there is 20% fee to payoff early to avoid the $224 rental fee (which was never disclosed) on top of the $300 financed. Neither Metro PCS or SmartPay would resolve this issue. My decision to use SmartPay was based on the misinformation Metro PCS gave me. I went to the store 4 times and they said there is nothing they can do and the same response from SmartPay. I call Metro PCS support line and they said there was nothing they can do. Now I have to pay a 20% fee within 90 days to avoid the $224 rental fees. Metro PCS should take responsibility for the information they give to customers. This is not right and not my fault.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

Metro, or T-Mobile throttles so hard you can’t even gain access to the my Metro page to add $ for more gigs. Service isn’t bad but damn! They need to put a set speed for 3g because it’s usable sometime and others it’s not. If you can’t use it, you shouldn't call it 3g...

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

I purchased an iPhone 6s Plus for my son. I didn’t notice until the next day that they charged me Indiana sales tax at 7% and a manufactured sales tax of 7%. I bought me the same phone at a different store and was charged just the one sales tax for Indiana. I went back to the first store and asked for a refund if 21.00 for the second tax I paid and they refused to give it to me. I was told so the owner of the store doesn’t have to pay the sales tax on the retail price of the phone (599.00), he charges the customers the second sales tax. I should have paid the tax on the price I paid for the phone which was 299.00. They refused to give me my money back so I’m taking these scammers to the media in my hometown. Don’t go to the Metro PCS on Kentucky ave and high school road in Indiana. Horrible customer service and they totally suck.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

Tried calling customer service - after 15 offers, "just for calling in" - the recording said the number had changed. Tried calling that number - was not correct either. Tried to chat online and service was interrupted over and over. Then I tried to log into my account and start fresh but the pin option was not working. I have spent my entire lunch hour just trying to talk to a human for a couple of questions. Cannot wait to change services. My phone drops calls - takes forever to dial a number - just overall a horrible service.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

My husband and I arrived at the store on Hikes Lane in Louisville KY 30 minutes before close to add a line to our plan. The door was already locked and the customer inside opened it for us. The employee "I don't have enough time." He said that he had to finish setting up the current customers phone and cash out for the night. We walked outside and was standing near the store entrance discussing options when the customer left at 745pm. The employee asked, "Do you know what you want?" I guess meaning as far as phones and even though we said yes we were still rejected.

My husband simply said "well you open sign is still on maybe you should turn it off so we know". At that point he proceeded to tell us that he has a ride that picks him up, that hes gotta go and that it his ** sign to leave on or turn off if he wants to. I know there's 2 sides to every story and I'm sure his will different when confronted by a supervisor. My husband was not rude and didn't deserve to be treated this way. We will be following up on this matter and will be getting service elsewhere.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

I wish there was an option to rate it no stars. Newsflash! There is not. That’s unfortunate, due to it being required to pick a star. I should be able to pick nothing. I only believe in people getting what they deserve. They don’t even deserve one star! I’ll just give it to Spongebob or even better: Patrick. Now back to the point. Fire the employees, as a matter of fact, fire the company’s creators or CEOs, whatever they’re called. There is nothing that they’ve created that shouldn’t be put to death right away. The service: terrible. The SERVICE: terrible. I have the $60 unlimited LTE with 15 GB mobile hotspot plan, which is now 21 GB a day later. May sound good right? More gbs! Nope. More than I had to pay for. One device connected to my hotspot for not even three hours and 15 GBs gone that same day? Impossible, last month, I had more connection and more hours on to it. Have they started scamming? Is it April already? This has to be a joke.

I refreshed and saw that it still wasn’t fixed. I’m calm. I buy two more GBs to connect my other device and not even 20 minutes go by before it is done. I try one more time, this time feeling desperate because I needed it. My apologies for expecting my own service provider to not fail me. 10 minutes: gone. How could that be? No one you contact cares. There should be more ways to contact besides mail and phone. Hello, can you see where we are on? The internet! The E- world. Emails do exist too. Suck it up, come online, check your email and take the criticism for once. Hear what we need to say. Help us. I’m tired of you guys feeling so great because you don’t get to notice complaints. Why don’t you take one of your phones that you have and create an email account so you can finally take your heads from out of your - well. You know how the rest goes.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

I was convinced at the Metro store that this phone would suit my needs because I don't really use my phone for much more than texting and a little web surfing. The reality was that this phone can't perform to the expectations of a modern phone. My 3 year old Droid was a far better phone which is amazing to me. The Alcatel 7 simply can't switch between apps or screens without an absurd delay. Even minimizing apps comes with a delay.

When texting, this phone can't even keep up with my keystrokes and I am not a world class typist. I called Metro and asked if I could pay the difference between a better phone and this one and they said no. They wanted me to contact Alcatel which I will not do. I will have to switch carriers because this phone is simply barely operational and I refuse to continue to pay $50.00 per month for such sub-par performance. I believe Metro needs to stand behind the phones they sell not tell you to contact the manufacturer. What a bummer of an experience, I should have never left Verizon.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

I have no coverage at home and wifi only everywhere else. I have contacted the company and they refused to free my phone (to let me port my number) stating that it takes three months. I am at the 40 day mark. I have not renewed the service and will try again to free it or just not use it as a phone until the time elapses. DO Not Use this company!

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

My son’s phone was stolen and went into the Metro PCS on Dorothy Lane in Kettering Ohio to get a replacement. We were shown phones available as an upgrade. We chose one, then were told they didn’t have anymore. We were told another was available for $99.99 as listed on the signed next to the phone. We said we would take it. The man went to ring up the phone and went to the back. He then told us that the phone costed $119.99 and he would not honor the price he had advertised. He said it didn’t matter if it was false advertising, they would not honor the price. We walked out of the store and I called Metro PCS. They said they would look into it. Poor customer service. Did go to another Metro PCS in the area that did have the cheaper phone. Seems the dealer at the first store could have called them and had checked for us while we were there but I guess customer service is not a priority at Metro PCS.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

I financed a Samsung S9 phone from the Metro store on the 4200 block of Broad St., Phila., PA. A month and a half later my phone shuts down. I found out it was on the blacklist! I do not have my phone, and I am still paying! The staff does not answer the phone. I went to the store and they were rude and unsympathetic. I had to go to a corporate store to find out what was wrong with the phone. The store on Broad St where I purchased the phone acted like they didn't know what happened until I told them I requested an investigation. The manager that sold me the phone was fired and I had to argue to get a temporary phone. I still have not heard from anyone regarding a new phone that I am paying for. This store is horrible! They are scammers!

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

I purchased 2 iPhones on Dec 3 2018. Before I paid my first bill I couldn’t use my personal hotspot the entire month and lost internet even with WiFi. Internally phone was defective. I took it to the store and they lied. Said it was SIM card and it would cost 10 bucks... That wasn’t the problem. They tried to troubleshoot it over the phone and turned out it was defective. So I was supposed to get a brand new phone. I got a refurbished one. I called Metro PCS and they wouldn’t or couldn’t help me. Told me it was discretion of the dealer. To go back to store or call Apple. I can’t seem to find Apple's number so basically I got robbed. I would not recommend Metro PCS. 1st month and very displeased already.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

The merge with T-Mobile was a very bad idea for the customer. This merge only benefits the T-Mobile/ Metro PCS company. My service has been terrible since the merge. Including speaking to customer service. They have no clue how to answer questions or help at all. They are rude, mean and have bad attitudes. My data doesn't work, have to find a Wi-Fi. I pay for unlimited data with four lines. My calls get dropped, I can't hear anyone. A lot of bad service since the merge. I've been a long time customer and plan on taking my business elsewhere. Thank you for destroying my life by me losing business calls, so the companies can have more money in their pockets. Happy Holidays... Good luck with this bad choice.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

I been with Metro for almost 15 years and I never had a problem... Now that T-Mobile took over... Ughh the worst. I swear my service goes in and out and I can't even be on my phone when I'm at home because I get no kind of reception. Nothing loads so annoying!!!! I need to find another cell phone company because this is not fair.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

I love Metro. I got a free ZTE phone when switching carriers. I switched from an Obama phone! Love my new one!! Original price was $180. Only $15 to upgrade and when I rarely need help the CSRs are great. No problems with coverage, but I also have Xfinity hotspot set up. Anytime I've had any glitches, I've been able to solve the issue by googling it. Speed is fine. No major problems with the phone or the service. I won't go anywhere else for my cellphone needs! Highly recommend Metro as the best prepaid out there!!??

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

I was with Wal-Mart Family Mobile (T-Mobile) for years but their phones were very limited. So I decided to switch over to Metro PC. When I first switch over (before the T-Mobile buyout) my service was good there were no complaints, but once they completely merged with T-Mobile I have had the worst experience. My service keeps going in and out, I have missed phone calls and text messages. People have tried calling my phone and it told them it was off (no longer in service) which I had just paid my bill two weeks prior. I wish I never had switched over... No I wish Metro PCS never merged with T-Mobile.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2018

Worst first and (last) experience I had so far with a carrier in the US. Got an LG K30 that died just one week after I buyed it and the girl at customer service treated me like liar saying that I trought the cellphone on water and that's why it stop working and there's nothing she could do. Pretty much they stole my money. Don't be stupid. Avoid this scammers at all cost.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

I've been with Metro PCS since 2011, never really had any big issues until T-Mobile took over. It just happen that I need new phones, I used to buy them all the time thru the previous site which was extremely helpful, now, now... What kind of site is that if it does nothing for you? I fact, I even called the "customer service" line, and not even the representative had clear explanations but only thing he could say was that he couldn't do much for me either and that from now on, or at least while they re-organized things, all clients are being sent to go in person to one of their stores. Really? Actually, the site does do something... There is huge invitation to become one of their authorized dealers, so here is my second... Really? So, more than T-Mobile trying to do Metro PCS better, it feels like they just bought it to make sure it gets destroyed! As many others, I am browsing for new options, planning to leave them asap, there should be something better out there.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

I've been with Metro PCS for 15+ years! I never had a problem with making/taking/calls and/or text messages; never had a problem with callers trying to reach me UNTIL THIS YEAR 2018!!! As of 2018, Metro PCS seems to only have "SMART" phones (what a joke!) and since T-Mobile's takeover of Metro PCS this year, I've lost business because (1) callers can't reach me - they call - my phone doesn't ring - doesn't indicate missed call - NOTHING. Some of the callers (THANK GOD) were able to reach me via a landline number.

HOWEVER, the fact that EVERY SINGLE TIME I HAVE BEEN ON THIS PIECE OF ** "SMART" PHONE (it's not really the phone, but the cell phone provider, because I've had my cell phone replaced 3x now), it's been, at best a NIGHTMARE!!! I work in CONSUMER PROTECTION LAW - so if anyone else out there is interested in filing a product liability lawsuit in San Francisco, California, please feel free to contact me.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

I added 2 lines to my husband's acct getting 2 "new" phones for $58! I'm in Ft Worth, Tx. The Azle Ave store. First let me say the phones are definitely not new! Autofill works on sites I've never been to, including this one! Under the, "Summarize" option "Your Son, Brat" just popped up! So now I'm more infuriated. From the 2 day both so called new phones acted up. I hear nothing when I call out until someone answers or the VM picks up. I got the phones in Sept. The other one won't ring or goes silent while she's talking on it! Mine's so bad I call it the "malfunction of the day" due to so many different ones.

I went back to the same store after 3 days, the same girl who sold me my "new" phones said there's nothing she can do since I don't have the insurance! And tried to get me to buy ANOTHER new phone for $78! Remember I'd just got 2 for $58. So I've waited all this time for my promo period to end so I can get an upgrade, according to the ads I can get a free iPhone. Yeah, that's not true either. It's $149 + a $15 fee! Turns out I DO have insurance & could've swapped out the phone for an exact one for $50 deductible, isn't that wonderful?!!! And customer support tells me the phones are cheap because they're pre-owned, or refurbished. They're not allowed to say used apparently, but ARE supposed to tell us if they've been owned before. That's why they inspect your trade-ins when you upgrade, so it can be wiped & sold to another unsuspecting victim.

The way to get around the time issue on upgrading is Just buy a "new" phone/plan like me you're a new customer, because there definitely is NOT a discount for existing customers. My husband's had his service there for 10 yrs. Since he JuSt calls in or out there's no issues on his phone. However 2 yrs ago he went in to pay his bill at the corporate store on Jacksboro hey, a guy told him he's eligible for a free upgrade but would have to pay his payments at TMobile afterwards, the next month turns out he's gotta pay $50 a month extra on top of his reg bill since he'd agreed to buy a new expensive phone ne, I can't recall the model but it'd end up being $400+ for the phone after it was paid off! He wasn't told anything about leasing to buy a new phone. It was as supposedly a bonus for being a loyal customer. I'm checked it out Boost & Cricket TODAY instead of paying our bill.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

To be quite honest. Metro PCS in store customer service is ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE!!! They won't do anything to help you with your phone if you are having any kind of issue. The store staff tell you to call 611, and speak with a "Customer Service Rep". Funny thing... I respond back with, "Well what's your title/job description then". All the in store staff is there for is to sale you a phone and activate your service. At this point, I'm feeling shocked that they even offer to activate your phone for you. Also, if you decide to call the 611 and speak with a Customer Service Rep, 9 out 10 times, you can't even understand the person whom you are speaking with. The foreign accent is so thick and their English is very "broken" at best. You might as well just throw in the towel on solving any issue.

Another thing, I visited multiple Metro PCS locations on the same day about 2 weeks ago and presented the same question/issue/scenario at each location. Haha, I received a different response from each location. Now, I realize that each location is a owned franchise. However, they operate off of the same corporate policy/procedures headed & backed by Metro PCS. Final thought... WARNING!!! WARNING!!! WARNING!!! Stay as far away as possible from the Shepherdsville, Kentucky Metro PCS location.

The young man that works there (and seems to be the only person that works there, cause he is ALWAYS there). He is the rudest Customer Service Rep that I have encountered in my 40 years. He treats and talks to you like you are a complete idiot! I have also come to learn that he outright LIES to people about plans and service. I, unfortunately can confirm that he has blatantly lied to me about the starting up cost of service. Costing me EXTRA money! I just wish that the more major cell phone providers would offer more affordable single person service plans. The monthly cost is RIDICULOUS! That is all.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

Minimal to zero services offered online. You are forced to call customer service to get anything done. I needed my account number, it's not available when you access your account online. When you call they delay giving you the information. They ask repeatedly why you need the information even when you state quite clearly that it is none of their business. They do not provide a way to recover your password from the online account access. Overall a frustrating experience.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

I got an iPhone 6s from Metro PCS. The phone is very good and everything but the data is so freakin slow even the hotspot of it is very slow. I’ve called Metro PCS customer service of this and they haven’t done nothing to fix it. I asked if they can unlock my phone cause why pay so much for very poor service and they said they couldn’t. I’d have to wait 180 days so pretty much I have to stay stuck with their crappy service for that long till I can use my phone that I paid with my hard earned money to any other carrier. I wish Metro PCS would just let me unlock my phone rather than force me to stay this long with their very poor services. Regret switching to them from Boost, Boost had way better and faster data!

Metro PCS Company Information

www.metropcs.com
Your special offer awaits

Looking to save time and money? Join our community today! Community members receive important consumer news alerts and enjoy perks like discounts and special offers from brands they love. Ready to join?

Sign up now with your email address!

Join our community to recieve important consumer news and enjoy perks like discounts and special offers from brands you love.