1.98/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Last updated: April 20, 2018

1431 Metro PCS Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 20, 2018

I have had flip phones from them for 10 years and last year had to get a newer flip phone to 4G? No internet, just call and text etc. I am in lower SW Florida and all that time no problems, until hurricane Irma and some towers from damage etc. It is now 7 months later and... since Irma... I have problems with connections in places in my home I did not have all those years. And I have a tower here 3/4 of a mile from my home??? Try to get someone on the phone or the local store by phone to answer and help if and when they are there? I will not update my phone for more money and added features I don't use or want. For ten years, no contract, long distance, text etc for life, at $25 a month! I had for family, 4 phones for 4 years at $100 for the 4.

Original review: April 19, 2018

I changed from Boost to Metro service as my bf couldn't get internet at his house with Boost. They gave us each a phone and charged 25 @ to hook up to their service. I ask if they could get me a good signal. They showed me the map and said, "We got you covered." He lives in different area. Said he was covered too. We thought covers for phones at 25 a piece sounded pricey. I found later other Metro stores sold same cover for 15' but didn't want to drop phone.

I had trouble-free day one from my property. They said just hook to Wi-Fi. Well the phone wouldn't hook to Wi-Fi. Went to Metro stores. The next 9 days. They reprogrammed phone and said should be fine. I even had my internet people to come check my box although everything else worked well through it. Went to the pool to try to get service. Fell. Broke ankle. It says, "No Metro service emergency calls only." But don't tell you how to make that 911 call. Drag myself to house. Slept on floor till someone stopped by next morning.

Tried to take phone back. They said, "Beyond 7 days." Well trouble started on day one. When I tried I took my account back to Boost they gave me a hard time about getting my account number which took a few calls to customer care. Finally back to Boost. I had ask if they could credit the other 20 days to bed account. Answer was no so I called corporate office. Told them the story. Ask if they could give days to be phone. Told them what I'd been through and said, "You are offering 2 mos free For new customers transferring. Couldn't I get something for goodwill." They said all they could do is look his account up to make sure he was getting the best plan. I gave them the customer no, names, pins, all of it 3 times and they can't even find the account yet he stayed with them and has service. Finally I gave them his phone no as they have yet to call him. I'm a senior citizen. What's up ripoff Metro? Does Lemon law apply to phone services!

Get the news you need delivered right to you!

Join over 300,000 subscribers and receive the latest expert advice, consumer news, and recall notices in your inbox.

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: April 11, 2018

When you pay in store they charge you an extra $3 just to pay your bill. Phones are largely refurbished. Bad customer service (I needed someone to diagnose my phone because it is malfunctioning and they just told me to buy a new one without even looking at it) and when I put my girlfriend on my plan they charged $30 just to do it. And this year they advertised a price increase for my monthly payment. When I asked about it they said it was just for new customers. Next month I paid that increase and when I asked the lady about it (my store has a high turnover rate. I see new workers almost on a monthly basis) this new lady told me it was always that price and she didn't know what I was talking about.

Original review: April 10, 2018

I'm very disappointed with Metro PCS. I have the I.R.S calling me saying they are filing a lawsuit against me. Other calls are from people I never even heard of. Every day at least 2 to 5 calls a day and text messages.

Original review: April 8, 2018

Ok went to Wilmington N.C. Told us there would be coverage where we live. That was far from the truth. We could not get call, could not call, or no service. The people there were nice but phone companies need to say if there is no coverage. My wife has medical problems. Her Dr tried to leave a message then my wife couldn't even call her. I have never seen such sorry service. We got ripped off of $198.00 dollars. I will do all I can to tell people to steer clear of Metro PCS. I work hard for my money. Then it is stolen away. I don't recommend this provider to anyone.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Metro PCS?

Original review: April 6, 2018

I purchased a phone through Metro PCS and was never informed during the transaction that the service would have to be active for 90 days before the phone would be unlocked and available to use with other carriers. I discontinued service with the carrier because the area where I reside did not receive service. I believe employees should notify consumers of this 90 day policy when purchasing a new phone. Very dissatisfied with Metro PCS.

Original review: April 6, 2018

Absolutely a waste of money, without a doubt the WORST service provider I have ever gone through. I figured it was just my service plan, so I upgraded to their best option. Still unbearably horrible service 99% of the time. Service is usually completely down 75% of the time, and when it is on the other 25%, it is ridiculously slow and takes 5 minutes just to load a simple Google Search page. Not to mention, customer service is always rude and has an attitude whenever I call. I would not recommend to anybody. Period.

Original review: April 5, 2018

I decided to get a new plan with a different company so I tried Metro. POS. The very first time that I went there. I talked to a nice young lady that explained about the free phones and different plans but, then some guy cut in and started talking none stop blah, blah, blah. "$59.99 a month." That's all I was able to understand and make out so. I said, "No thanks," and walked out so a few days later. I went to a different store and the same nice lady was there, come to find out that the motor mouth guy either owns or manages both stores nevertheless this time I picked a basic plan. $30.00 mo. with a free phone for switching over. The girl was super nice and helpful.

2 weeks later I had problems with the phone and the service so I went back. To my surprise motor mouth is there again and fixed the phone. Took care of the problem but, then he said that he was upgrading me to a $ 40.00 plan. That's without my consent at all so I asked him who did he think he was to make decisions for me. He told me to calm down and blah, blah, blah. That's when I noticed that he was higher than a kite. His pupils looked like they were about to pop out of its sockets. The guy was just plain wasted and high on some kind of drugs so so much for Metro PCS.

Original review: April 4, 2018

Got the two lines for $80 a month and got a free Galaxy J7 prime and my boyfriend got the Stylo 3. Wonderful service and excellent phones. Love T-Mobile and Metro PCS and the person who set up the phones and service for me and my boyfriend was very friendly and helpful and such a sweetheart.

Original review: April 2, 2018

I went to upgrade my Phone and instead of upgrading my phone I downgraded it because the new phones suck. So anyways I paid 80 dollars and the phone didn't work so I have this phone for 2 days and then I went to change my phone for the old phone. I told the girl that works there I want my money back!!! And listen to this she didn't give me my money back. She didn't give me a new phone. I have to pay 15 dollars more to turn my old phone back and I stay stuck with the new phone that is not even working. METRO SUCKS.

Original review: April 2, 2018

I switched to Metro PCS and thought I was getting two "free" phones and let me tell you there's sales tax on an item they're giving me for free? There's no sale if Metro PCS is giving me the phone free right? T-Mobile is good at this. "Get a free phone on us?" You mean it's on me because none of the phone providers will cover the sales tax. We should all demand a refund!

Original review: April 2, 2018

I pay $80 a month for 2 lines on the same account and don't get a hotspot! But pay $10-$15 more and you'll get a hotspot... Screw that! Boost's lowest plans even have a hotspot! And tried to charge me more for an extra hotspot because there was 2 lines on the same account, but if you have 2 separate account, both will have a hotspot but you'll be paying more! Metro's a rip-off!

Original review: April 2, 2018

We went in to check on new phones in Bradenton Florida. They told us we could get our phones for free then he told us we could get 2 for free then it dwindled to NO PHONES FOR FREE all within 10 minutes. We smelled ** on the serviceman and his little helper which didn't work there and he was behind the counter. TOTALLY NOT A LEGIT COMPANY! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES... YOU WILL NOT GET NOTHING FROM US!

Original review: March 31, 2018

This company sucks. They claim to be part of the T-Mobile network. I have never seen such crappy service in. Crap phones and even worse service. Every day I want to throw my phone until it smashes into a million pieces because of their crappy service. Their commercials show that they cover all over the United States how is that possible when you can get service in middle of the city? I regret ever going to this company and will be leaving very soon. Even Cricket has better service. You guys suck!!! Lies and BS.

Original review: March 30, 2018

Metro PCS provides garbage phones with even worse service. 60% of the day my phone gets no cell service and I live in a major city where there are supposedly plenty of service towers. I've owned 8 or 9 cell phones in my life and BY FAR the Stylo 3 is the worst piece of junk I've ever owned. Do yourself a favor and forget about Metro PCS. They lie about the quality of service. Coverage is awful!

Original review: March 28, 2018

I am beyond livid with Metro PCS NO CUSTOMER SERVICE LINE. First of all I have been trying for 3 days to get a real person on the line and it's impossible. The automated service won't let you through. What I need she can't help me with. All she keeps asking for is payment. It's not about just money Metro. Is that the way you treat customers after they have your service? I try to get online and get help on my account and it's the same thing. It's really annoying. It's put me in a bad mood for 3 days. Not to mention wasted time I'll never get back.

I need to cancel one of the phones on my account and the answer on FAQ was to stop paying if I no longer want my service. I want to keep one phone. But I can't get nobody on the phone to help me and I shouldn't have to go to a store for a problem I can settle over the phone. I can't stand this shady service anymore. I just can't. They make me use my home wifi over my data and my text don't shows up sometimes till the next day. I don't get phone calls that are so important. Like my son's school. I've had it. After this month if I don't find a better service. I'm going back to my landline.

Original review: March 26, 2018

** in Waukegan, Illinois at 1920 N Lewis Ave was super helpful to me on March 10th. I was visiting from Green Bay, WI and locked myself out of my phone. I had just got the phone day before. I stopped at a Metro PCS store on Lewis and ** was able to unlock my phone and was able to get my contacts back. I was so happy. ** was very patient with me as he had other customers waiting. ** is an awesome sales clerk!!

Original review: March 25, 2018

I switched my family to the 4 lines for $100. We got our 4 free phones, and I paid $183, and was given a receipt. We all walked out of the store with working phones. Less than 24 hours later, the phones do not work. I go to the store I made the transaction, and for 2 hours, the employee argues with customer service rep on the phone, stating I have proof of what I paid, I have my bank statement, and the receipt. The customer service rep states I DID not pay any money and that she will not restore service.

At this point, I am crying, hysterical. I had to go to work, so I had to leave without having this resolved. I feel like Metro PCS stole from me and my family, and sold me a service, took my money, and then turned off my service I just paid for. Now the company is stating I didn't even pay. I have legitimate proof! If you contact me, I can provide bank statements, my receipt from the transaction, etc. I have used this company for over a year, and I thought switching my family would be a good idea... Now I feel stupid.

Original review: March 24, 2018

Sales representatives at Charleston and Torrey Pines, Las Vegas are horrible. Changed my ZTE phone twice in a month and paid for it. They told me the first phone was scratched and the second got water in it. It is so frustrating as both their reasons aren't true. They made me pay for both phones and I can't do nothing about it. Warranty is fake. Avoid this company. They are damn.

Original review: March 23, 2018

I had problem with MetroPCS taking my money out of my bank account without my permission. I want my funds back in my account. I don't have no money in my bank account because of MetroPCS. They took all my money.

Original review: March 23, 2018

My experience with Metro PCS is terrible, but I'm still with them because family doesn't want to switch. But for me on the other hand don't like the connection with the internet I get lag so much and the phone that I bought from them shuts off by itself and takes very long to turn on. I've went into the stores to let them know about this situation and they said that I need a new battery in my phone that I have to get it professionally done. But I told them there's nothing wrong with my battery that it works better than my brother and my mother right now as I wrote this message it's still on 100% anyways the service is no good with connection to internet.

They told me to use my wifi connection and I told them I don't want to use my wifi that's the reason why I bought the unlimited version so I don't have to use wifi. Even when I'm in full bars with connection to internet with service I get bad reception. So with my point of view this service deserves no stars to tell you the truth but hey no one really cares. I know that Metro PCS doesn't care because I've called them many times about my experience with them.

Original review: March 23, 2018

Metro PCS is bad phone company. I ask them about me having autopay setup. They gonna talk about I had autopay but gonna take money out of my bank account. I'm very unhappy about that I should and other customers should be happy they have. I am thinking about leaving them next month so please watch out for Metro PCS. Their customer service is horrible.

Original review: March 21, 2018

I live in Decatur Illinois. I bought this mobile WiFi for internet on the go. I spent damn near 100 dollars on the equipment. Only to be told later that it couldn't be returned. The girl at the desk never said it was non-refundable. I was told to return the equipment at a corporate store, don't have one unless I want to drive 45 mins out of town. The service itself sucks. Doesn't matter what store you go to here in Decatur. My phone shuts off. They say they can't do anything about it but they sure are quick to jump to tell you to just buy a new one.

Original review: March 21, 2018

Me & my girlfriend went to Metro PCS to get new phones. We seen their ads and want to exchange ours for 2 free phones. Exchange ours from other carrier's. They said would work where we live. Just outside Rockford about to Byron lost service. Got to our house in Oregon still no service as promised. So call and want to return them. They did but we lost our numbers & right to exchange them back at our old carrier's. Cost us over $200 bucks & lost numbers we had for long time. Also have to call everyone to tell we now have new numbers because Metro PCS FALSE PROMISE. DON'T TRUST THEM.

Original review: March 19, 2018

There should not be a fee to just change your billing date. You people charge a fee for everything. Fee to pay your bill at a store, fee to upgrade cell, fee to pay bill through customer service. Why is this? When you were just starting out in the 90's in Florida there was not all these fees. Also I pay $60 for unlimited everything, then why is my system running slow when I watch tv? Maybe I should get rid of this service and go back to cheap as Sprint.

Original review: March 18, 2018

Metro PCS claims to have good service and good customer service. I am here to tell you the opposite. First of all I couldn't text half the time out of my own living room or receive calls. When I would try to use GPS on the highway it would crash and when I tried to bring it to customer service they said nothing wrong with phone. Do yourself a favor. Stay away from Metro PCS.

Original review: March 17, 2018

I purchased a new phone from Samsung and Metro PCS in Freeport would not turn the phone on. They told me I had to purchase a phone from them in order for them to turn it on. I went to another phone store and they turned it on in 5 minutes. This is the second time Metro PCS in Freeport has done this. The manager David is rude and does not work with the customer’s best interest.

Original review: March 16, 2018

I was overcharged on my account for services not rendered. Called customer service which was so frustrating. She kept avoiding the overcharge(s) and did not understand English. What a mess. Just paid over $150.00 for new service and they are not going to wave the fee for old phone service that was stopped on the same day new service went into effect. Looking for new phone service.

Original review: March 15, 2018

I purchased an upgrade phone on yesterday. These guys failed to tell me that if I wasn't fully satisfied with the phone that I will be stuck with it because they do not give refunds on upgrades... ONLY IF I WAS A NEW CUSTOMER. Think long and hard before getting services with these guys!

Original review: March 15, 2018

I don't usually write reviews bit after being screwed over for years by AT&T and Verizon, I made the switch 4 months ago to Metro PCS. I got the free Samsung J3 Prime which works great. It's super fast and holds all my apps. For $20 I added a 64GB SD card to hold tons of photos and music but it really wasn't necessary yet. The best part is no more dropped calls or black out areas that I had with other 2 carriers. It screens scam calls and I only pay $30 a month for unlimited everything on our family plan. That's right. 3 free phones and 3 lines of unlimited everything for $90 a month including taxes. I was paying that for 1 phone. Thank you Metro for great service excellent customer service free phones that actually are worth something and I don't have to sell a kidney to buy and great features. 3 of us are very happy customers.

Metro PCS Company Information