Metro PCS

Metro PCS Reviews

1.3/5 (52 ratings)

About Metro PCS Reviews

Metro PCS Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Metro PCS?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Metro PCS?

Original review: Sept. 30, 2022

I can't say and words, but this company looks like garbage. Their representatives are crooked sellers. They tried to get $150 for a horrible plastic Chinese phone. First they said free... after they tried to steal my money charging me for something that didn't work properly. Bottom line, I just paid $90 for this trash and my service was suspended today. What Garbage company. Thieves.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2022

I recently switched from Verizon to Metro by T-Mobile and it's been a wonderful experience! My phone bill is affordable, I experience fast and reliable service 5G & 5GUC thanks to T-Mobile's Nationwide 5G. I ported my number over and got the phone, case, charger brick, SD card, headphones, and screen protector for $223.00 which was an excellent deal. I've had service everywhere I went in my state, and I love the perks & how professional and great customer care is. I could not ask for a better phone company to be with.

Get buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2022

I've been with Metro by T Mobile for quite a few years now and have always known the service to be, how can I say, crappy. I've always been able to connect my PlayStation 4 to my phone's hotspot and have a decent experience with online gaming. This bill cycle something went wrong. Called customer service and the first agent says that in my country (USA) there is a law that doesn't allow consoles to connect to a hotspot for online gaming. WTF!! Maybe in his 3rd world country.

Anyway, the second agent I spoke with said she spoke to a tech professional and he told her that my particular phone model only allowed tablets and PCs to connect. Gaming consoles couldn't connect with it. That's a bold face lie because I used the very same phone model the proceeding month and had no problems connecting my PS4 and playing online. So I figured okay this entertain the thought and took my old phone and switched to it. No solution whatsoever. Then MetroPCS tells me that they didn't think it was fair I wasn't able to use my hotspot all month so they were going to credit me this month's free, in which it was another lie. Don't believe anything they say because they don't honor their word they go back against it. I think I will call the Better Business Bureau. Or I may seek legal help.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2022

The service is crap!!! I HATE METRO PCS!!! HATE IT!!! HATE IT!!! HATE IT!!! HATE IT!!! These idiots should even be licensed as a business or even functioning to this day!!!! I RESENT THE FACT TMOBILE BOUGHT THEM OUT!!! THEY SHOULD HAVE MET THEIR DOOM!!! I rather pay ATT (my entire soul) and have reliable service and decent customer service. I can't even call my mother IN TEXAS without downloading some app. Dumb**. I'm not waiting for my bill to be due I'm switching IMMEDIATELY!!!! Y'ALL CAN KISS MY **!!!

Original review: Sept. 11, 2022

What Metro doesn't tell you is that when call volume is high YOU will be deprioritized so that T-Mobile customers have full service but you won't be able to get service or calls will drop. Every call or website visit you will be reminded of the ACP program. As a disabled veteran I qualify. 3 times I have completed the national verification process and completed the separate metro application, advised it will take 1-2 billing cycles to apply the credit. Yet it wasn't. I spent 45 minutes on the phone with an agent yesterday, filled everything out again and was advised that they would have it applied immediately. Then the call dropped. It didn't get resolved.

I called today only to have the 1st agent start quoting the 'process' once again. She refused to listen to me as I advised that I have heard this over and over again. I requested a supervisor. After waiting another 20 minutes, the supervisor then began quoting me the same process. I interrupted and ask if they were able to access notes from my conversation yesterday. He said yes, but, there is no way that the credit can be processed before 1-2 billing cycles. So, instead of looking up the notes he just cited the process again. I told him I have already had gone through this process for 4 billing cycles and Metro has not applied this credit. His response was to ask if I had completed the Metro form the day before and I said yes the agent went through that with me to make sure it was correctly entered into the system and apply it immediately. He responded that it will take another 1-2 billing cycles and this one doesn't count.

I am FED UP with the horrible service that the 'undercarrier' provides. It is obvious that T-Mobile doesn't care about their Metro customers and if they treat ANY customer like this then I don't want to give my money to them. Online they show that they are cheaper than all the other providers and that is not true at all.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2022

The service is cheap but you get what you pay for, the data and internet is the worst I've ever experienced, barely ever works and when it does it spends most of the time loading and buffering, I would only buy this service if you like things not working smoothly and spend most of your time waiting for stuff to load, they claim and sell 5g but it's more like 3g, also I get texts days from when they were sent and randomly weeks and months later, I've tried getting new phones and tried every thing their phone center wanted me to try, I would not recommend this company to anyone, don't fall for their cheap prices, cheap is cheap.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2022

You get a free phone when you start a new line or switch carriers.

They claim you get a free case and screen protector when in fact they are not free.
    They will toss accessories at you for "free" if they don't have the case for your phone.
    They put insurance on your device without telling you and you get a surprise on your bill.
    They insist that you need the highest tier plan for the first month and you can change it later which is false, you need anything above the $30 plan to get the free phone.
    Maybe not all locations do this but the one I dealt with sure does.

My recommendation is to do everything online so there are no hassles, no hidden costs and no dishonest sales practices.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2022

This is the worst phone service EVER! It's extremely slow and repeats texts constantly! Looking for a different and COMPETENT company! Must be morons running this total mess! Ok, more insults ... TOTAL IDIOTS!

Original review: Sept. 3, 2022

I’ve been with Metro for nearly 4 yrs now according to the customer service rep I talked to just the other day. I wanted to change my bill date just cause I changed jobs and now get paid once a month instead of biweekly and I’m short the money for the upcoming bill. So I call, wait 15 minutes to talk to a representative only to be told it’s going to cost me $30 to change my billing date. Online it said $5 plus taxes or other fees. Apparently there’s a $25 charge because I’d still be using the service beyond the original due date. I wish they’d been transparent about that on their site. The representative then tried to suggest going down to their $30 a month plan after I said I don’t have $30 at the moment numerous times.

The service is alright. I’ve been in both rural areas and bigger cities. The only time I had issues was when I worked in a mall and it would randomly tell me I had no service even when I was outside of the mall and the occasional drop/no signal when going through mountain areas. It’s a decent starting phone company for someone who’s trying to go more independent/trying to establish themselves so long as you don’t have to call customer service or have to change something through customer service.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2022

I called 4 days ago to see why one of my 4 phones I have was not letting me unlock it with the METRO PCS Pre-Installed UNLOCK app that was on the phone (I purchased from a Metro PCS store, Paid In Full, and was activated in the store as well). After several attempts, constantly being told "rest assured" this will be taken care of and my phone is still network locked, during my call today was told it would be done within 72 hours!!! But, after 4 days, all the attempts, I am very skeptical this will be completed, even though being told "rest assured"...

Metro PCS Company Information