1.67/5

Metro PCS Reviews

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

1577 Metro PCS Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

Metro PCS service is the absolute worst service I've EVER experienced with a cell phone provider. The phone also has tons of glitches. I've had several missed text messages and calls. Never were received on my end. This has caused me to miss important opportunities. I will never deal with Metro again.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

I paid PCS 105 to replace my phone, I found my phone and then to this day refused to refund my money even after the replacement phone was returned to the company. They don't honor their agreements. I choose PCS because I am on a fixed income, they end up costing me a whole lot more in them. I beg you not to use Metro PCS if you need your money.

Get expert buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

MUST READ! I switched to Metro after having Cricket for the last 4 years. I decided to go with Metro because I needed a new phone, and Metro phones are cheaper and I heard the service is great. I went in on Sunday 12/2/18 (3 days ago). I bought the LG Stylo 4 ($50 is now free when you switch) in the first day my phone was acting up. Then it started blacking out and turned off on me. I went in on Monday and the rep said she didn't notice anything wrong with the phone and there wasn't anything she could do, she supposedly factory reset the phone, but when she gave it back everything was still the same. She said that if I continue to have problems I could go return it and get it replaced.

I went in today 12/5/18 and after some back and forth with a different rep she agreed to exchange the phone for a warranty one and I'm supposed to receive a call when the new one comes in. After leaving, something still wasn't sitting right with me and I decided to look at my receipt. When I purchased the phone I also purchased a case and glass protectant which the rep said she would discount them for $10 each. Turns out she charged me $35.99 each after taxes $38.96!

So now I have to go back and see if they're going to fix this issue. I am so upset! I've never had this many issues with purchasing a phone or starting service. If you plan on going here, make sure you PAY ATTENTION to what and how much they are charging you. If you can, AVOID STARTING SERVICE HERE AND GET YOUR PHONE SOMEWHERE ELSE! You will be hustled! Some of the girls don't seem like they really want to help correct the situation. ONLY USE THIS LOCATION TO PAY YOUR BILL. Also, I noticed the prices in store are not updated to the online prices. If I could I would give negative stars.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

Due to their crappy bill pay service not doing auto pay I was paying my bill monthly via text reminders sent to me. Suddenly today I tried to use my phone while on the road and lo and behold NO SERVICE! It was because my bill hadn't been paid, but I received NO REMINDERS via text that it was due - just turn it off no questions no reminders nothing! I had numerous friends who tried to call me that morning and got the message that cellphone was out of service, how embarrassing! I suggest if you are thinking of using Metro PCS - DON'T! I have had numerous issues with this company since signing up with them in AUGUST!

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

Ok first I live in Clovis Nm 88101 and that's our zip code and we only have 88102 and 88101 but when I try to find a local store they say we have none but we have two stores in town which brings me to my next problem. This company is only out for new sign ups after you port your number and they offer you a new free phone. Thats all they care about. From then on its Been by them nickel and diming us to death. Now we must pay 15$ to move our own sim card to our own phone. Plus now to upgrade which is totally no discount or anything is given to existing customers. We have to pay around 200 $ for a decent phone. It's pretty sad.

Yes it's a great data plan for 60 which is my plan but it took me going to both stores and talking to managers and employees to get a plan on their running ads. Pretty sad because they charged my husband full price for us when we were trying to get a two people plan then they kept adding and subtracting amounts on our cards which was very confusing then the same thing happened when we went for a three people plan. They tried to once again charge us separately instead of offering the advertised plan. I'm so mad I will be leaving soon. Beware.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Metro PCS?

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

I've been a loyal Metro customer for 10+ years. Mainly, because of the straight up pricing and cheap options for high quality phones when it's time to upgrade, and to get away from that damn T-Mobile. And, just my luck T-Mobile buys Metro and sure enough they start their typical, big corporate, B.S. First, they change the unlimited plans by putting a cap on the data usage and now the cheapest phone you can buy on an upgrade is these low quality phones, which pretty much forces you to buy the better phones at a minimum of $139 before tax, smh. And, the only people who get a good deal on phones are new customers who port their phone number over to Metro by T-Mobile. Damn! On to Cricket.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

We've been with Metro PCS for a year and haven't had any problems until now. We went to go pay for our phone service over the phone with our debit card. The representative kept saying that our ZIP code didn't match so they couldn't process it. So we went down to Metro PCS and paid it. The next day we checked our card they had taken the amount off 4 times back to back and even though she kept saying it wasn't charging and our phones never came on for it, it was still off the card.

When we talked to another representative and then a supervisor it was showing in their computers that it that the representative tried taking it off the card 8 different times. But none went through according to their computers. Then they said they give me a case number and that they will call back in 24 to 48 hours. Still never heard nothing from them. Still never got the money back. Still in dispute with the bank. This will be our last month service with Metro PCS. We had three lines and they will be losing a good chunk of money for their representative doing this illegal action. And they don't even want to give the money back. We got to go wait up to 8 wks even though our bills won't wait. I wouldn't recommend Metro PCS for anybody. It might seem good for a little while but that's over four hundred and some dollars that they just took from us that we needed for other bills. They don't even deserve the 1 star but it would process without any stars.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

Upon entering a service carrier for wireless phone service sales representative sold me Metro PCS SMART Ride plus activation fees after I made it clear I did not want this product or service. Metro PCS representative told me it was too late as I used a credit card for this purchase and that I would have to contact Metro PCS Return desk online. I file a using their complaint center and I filed a complaint with the BBB. Their response to my Complaint was, "Our representative tried in vain to contact the party who file the complaint with no success," I never received a phone call, I never received a text message from Metro PCS. I have received half dozen text messages from Metro PCS, none referred to my complaint. Never received an Email stating their response, their response is to just sweep it under the rug and hope I don't rock the boat. Well this boat rocking.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

I’ve been a loyal member of Metro PCS since 2008. We are a military family and move often. We have taken our services from GA to Texas and the last year in Hawaii. I’ve recently have had battery health issues and cannot keep a charge on my iPhone. Apple wants 80+ dollars for a battery and installation. After speaking with a rep from 611 named Jovie she informed me I didn’t have insurance on my current plan but did let me know my phone is actually eligible for an upgrade. I wasn’t aware Metro had upgrades at all. She advised I would have to learn more by going into a local store. Interested and she offered to find a location near me. We had spoke for 44 min and I had to go so I told her I would use the online locator when I could revisit. So I did later on. After using the locator I found there are absolutely no locations in Hawaii. None.

I called 611 back and spoke to Sylvia. I informed her I learned of my phone is eligible for upgrade and there are no locations in Hawaii. She then asked for my zip code to search and I advised again I’m on the website there are no locations and I have her the zip. She then stated there are no locations and I told her I told her that already and she asked me for a nearby zip code. Again I told her there are no locations in Hawaii. She then stated I have to go to a neighboring state. Right here I just couldn’t believe anything more than I was hearing. I explained to her that Hawaii is many islands surrounded by bodies of water BIG bodies of water. I would have to take an airplane to fly over the water to get to a neighboring state. I was not going to pay $900+ For round trip tickets to walk into a store to get information that should be readily available to customers like myself over the phone or online.

She pushed the San Francisco location stating to call maybe they can help... so you don’t know if they could. Metro should be providing call center reps with dialogue that supports what to do if customer cannot get to a reasonable nearby location and that this conversation was completely useless and left my issue unresolved. She then transferred me to a number that went unanswered and had a voicemail box that just stated the number and leave a message. It didn’t indicate it was another location/dealer or store information. I’m irritated at this point and still don’t have a possible resolution. I don’t think I should be expected to possibly pay extra fees or shipping etc - it is supposed to be an upgrade experience. This just happens to be one situation but one that impacts consumers in my situation.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

I have many years with Metro PCS. They offer a cellular upgrade for an affordable price, but when we try to grant the right to upgrade the phone, Metro PCS they force us to buy the accessories (Case and Screen protector) to hold the price. Nowhere in advertising does it specify the obligation to buy accessories. They are violating the right to obtain an Upgrade at the price offered.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

Soledad from the store on 81st in Merrillville took so much time to help me and my son to transfer to Metro PCS from Sprint. She went way above and beyond. I have been with Metro PCS for a short time but if the network is anything like Soledad, it will be a great network.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

I've had Metro PCS for several years now. Have enjoyed it. Now I just went to Metro. Buy T-Mobile and all of a sudden my cost has jumped up or actually doubled! I call and they say that it is a one-time charge. That is double my usual Bill. To hell with y'all T-Mobile. Here I come AT&T.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

Now I remember why I should NOT have gone back to METRO PCS. TOTAL HOT MESS!! So I decided to go from Cricket back to Metro for some reason I made up in my head. I think I was just impatient and didn't want to pay the re-connection fee through Cricket. Also, my phone was getting old and starting to glitch and freeze. Much like the brand new one I just bought from METRO PCS. It's a brand new (just came out) Moto E5 Plus. And I have had nothing but problems with it, and nothing but problems through Metro PCS's horrible unlimited service!! I told the very young (17 yr. old) girl at the (6510 Boulder Highway STE 103 Las Vegas, Nevada 89112) location that I needed a phone with lots of memory, a bigger screen, and definitely NO LOADING ISSUES!!!

And guess what I got?? A phone with very bad loading issues, service that doesn't connect 95% percent of the time, a very loud customer service girl with a horrific, high pitched, screeching, and annoying voice who was no help to my situation, and spoke over me and spoke over my questions everytime I spoke which really infuriated me!!! And on top of that, I feel I pay to just so the girl could make her commission. The service was rushed, and my questions about buying this phone were 1/2, somewhat answered in an unenthused, and unknowledgeable manner.

I have to connect to WiFi almost every day because the phone is limiting my use when I paid for unlimited and didn't get it...ALL MONTH OF NOVEMBER THUS FAR. And now I wish I did get a receipt. I'm going back to Cricket on the 1st. This company will NEVER see another penny from me again. Absolutely horrendous!! Do not waste your money!!! Cricket never gave me problems. I should get my money back. I'm furious!!! Lesson learned.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2018

Where to start? While the store personnel were friendly it took hours to switch 2 phones over from T-Mobile (same company and we only switched as T-Mobile wouldn't match the price of Metro). But my real issue is paying the bill. They don't send me notifications of bills due, they turn our phones off without warning for paying 1 day late, their online payment system is buggy and doesn't work half the time and there's no email or live chat option. You just have to suffer through terminal hold. Only been a customer a few months but am looking now to switch to someone else. Stay away!

Original review: Nov. 23, 2018

I have been a Metro PCS customer for 4 years. Did not have a SINGLE problem until T-Mobile took it over. Since then, I've had problems making calls and sending texts. I was unable to send texts for two days. I called Metro PCS and they said they had to reset my phone and I had to stay off of it for one half of an hour. I did. When I went back to it ALL MY PICTURES WERE GONE. Every one. The ones I took of my granddaughter's water birth, my dogs as puppies, the accident I had last fall. Everything. Over 1,000 pictures. I am livid. I hate hate T-Mobile. I wanted to rate them negative stars but that is not an option. Don't bother with this company, they will provide you disservice and heartache.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

These phones are trash!!! Have to buy new phones with every billing cycle. Brought 5 and 3 have NOT worked since the day after. I kept paying the bill and buying new ones. The service is a complete joke. It cuts out constantly. The internet is horrible. Think I'm going to just switch back to Boost. Never had these problems with them. I wouldn't recommend Metro to anyone. I should have known since they are attached to T-Mobile. The worst cellular company to ever exist.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

When I bought my phones and plan as a new customer they seemed ok... Then I got home and looked at how much I had paid and what my next bill was... The crooked sales lady added extra services that I told her o did not want or need. I called 611 from my phone and they apologized and reversed the added on things... Now a year later and I'm looking for an upgrade on my phone. It seems as if they don't care about existing customers at all. I left Virgin Mobile where all the phones would go on sale and it didn't matter if you were a new customer or existing. They were the same price. If you are reading this and are looking at using Metro PCS. Looks at the website for Metro and see if you can find anything special for exit customers. Nothing squat diddly. Metro only cares about you when you first buy into the company.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

A few months ago I left ATT for Metro PCS. The main reason was that I could get the same coverage and plan for 66% less than I was paying. I was so happy. A couple of weeks ago, my Samsung died, not even 60 days old. I was told that the battery was fried and that Samsung would not warranty it. I said to the Metro rep, "Well somebody needs to take responsibility for this." He just stood there and told me to go get a new battery. I said, "Perhaps my attorney would look at this in a different way." HE said, "What do you want me to do? Take it to Trump." He said that what you get for buying a piece of ** for a phone.

I was shocked. He began to treat me like he just didn’t care. I was getting angry I have to admit. He told me to get the ** out of his store. I left. A few days later I attempted to reach the owner of the franchise, but never got a callback. I then reached to the regional manager that told me to give him a few days. This was well over a week ago. I still have heard nothing. I guess I really traded good customer service to save some money. Buyer beware, while the rates are low, after you walk out the door you are nothing to Metro PCS.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

I've been with Metro for a while, wanted to upgrade my phone to a S9 Plus. My credit couldn't finance it but my husband could so after work on Friday we went into a corporate office in our area to pick up the phone, he had already been approved the day before. We spent 2.5 hours in the store, all was good until it was time to pay. He was told that his card had to be verified, asked him questions, called SurePay, the computer kept saying his information wasn't verifiable? Which is crazy cause was had already been approved. The service rep from SurePay was very rude and told me when I tried to talk to stop talking and never cut him off again. This pissed me off, I asked the rep, “Can we use another card to pay”... I was told that the order was canceled until we send in copies of our bank statements. I was so upset, the Metro reps were also shocked. I am not staying with Metro because of the company that they use for financing a phone.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2018

I went to my local Metro PCS location today to see what policies they offer to deploying soldiers. I asked if there was any way I could keep my phone number and not pay for their services since I won't have access to their services where I'm going. They told me they do not offer anything that protects deploying soldiers and told me that I would need to either pay for services I can't use, cancel the use of their services (losing my phone number), or go to my local Walmart and use AT&T to keep my number (at a reduced price). Honestly, Metro PCS needs to rethink their policies and/or add something to help those like me. It's extremely unnecessary to pay for services you don't have access to just to keep a phone number.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2018

The salesmen said it was a upgrade. The Coolpad is garbage. That's why they give it away free. They just ripped me off! The phones garbage. It don't even type or swipe. When you need to won't go online. Worst service I've ever got. I switching to another carrier.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

I purchased an iPhone X’s max for 1500 at a Metro store and added hd streaming to my service that does not work. It messes up all the pictures online. Look blurry like from 2007 and the video streaming quality is so bad! I called and spoke to an agent they knew exactly what was going on. And told me if they remove it will go back to a better quality. And it did. Much better but still bad. Today I was stupid enough to take a leap of faith and try again. I added hd streaming and it ruined my quality so I removed it and this time the problem didn’t go away. It stayed. This is beyond **. I ordered a phone from metro pcs and I’m not getting the quality I deserve!

This is a scam a major scam! I have my receipts and I need metro pcs to treat me right. I been with you guys for years. This is so stupid. The problem still persist and they are telling me I need a metro pcs phone. Well guess what geniuses? I purchased a phone from metro only to find out I got an unlocked phone from the Apple store so this tells me the manager lied to me and I need a dedicated phone for the dedicated service and this is what I get wtf?? Does this make sense to you? Wouldn’t you be frustrated too? Ever since T-Mobile took this crap over it’s gone down the??? Stop throttling is to the depths of hell and give us at least 720p because we are lucky to even get the 480p. Not only that even if you guys are claiming I don’t have a metro phone which I do why is this problem persisting if you guys have the bring you own device to metro program or whatever smh hello?!! You guys better fix this. You guys really ticked me off.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

First of all let me say. I do not work for Metro PCS or T-Mobile. I've been with Metro going on for years and I have not really had any bad experience. But the one thing that I have discovered when doing a research is that you have to know what network the carrier is on. Take for example I also have a SafeLink government phone because I qualified for it. There are times I can pay my Metro bill so I had to use my government. But I digress. SafeLink is owned by TracFone and TracFone is owned by some company and South America plus they use the Sprint network. So in looking for a cheaper carrier research whose network they use. You can Google and find out there's no excuse. I am planning on getting another Metro phone. I've had no problems and I just feel like this is something that nobody ever addresses. Thank you.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

I bought a new phone that was locked and was not given a refund with no explanation whatsoever. They were very unfriendly and refused to help in any way. I am handicapped and they took advantage of me. All I'm asking for is a refund and they will not cooperate at all and it's been 2 months. I advise no one to go there because of their pathetic customer service. They treated me like an underdog with no respect or morals.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2018

Metro PCS reversed the cash payment and disconnected my service at random. I made my usual monthly payment on the 9th. I still have until the 8th to make the next payment. When I went to the store location to find out why my service is off and payment reversed, I was told there was nothing to be done. That it was on MetroPCS's end and that the store clerk couldn't rectify the issue. He says they randomly moved my due date up to yesterday. I was told my only option is to pay again. Does that make any sense? Why would I pay again for a service I ALREADY PAID FOR?

I have two phones on my service plan and it is pricey for me. Do they really think I can come up with nearly 100 bucks on the spot to pay for my service whenever they decide to reverse payments I already made, not refund me, and then change due dates at random? To top it off, they send me a text saying I owe for two months! How in the hell? This is in another stratosphere of failure. Now we have no phone service until the 8th (my normal due date) when I can pay again.

As soon as I'm able I'm ditching this company. I would have already but I cannot afford to pay a bunch of activation fees to a new company and I don't want to lose my phone number. This company has already made me switch phone numbers twice after getting my phone upgraded. It's ridiculous! Poor service, poor customer care. Poor overall!

Original review: Oct. 27, 2018

Been with Metro PCS for a while now. When I signed up they offered me 8 or 10gb of HOTSPOT... Well it turns out I never had HOTSPOT. If I want it I need to upgrade my plan. $92 unlimited calls, text and data. Smh!!!

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

I've been with Metro PCS for 10 years. Never have I had such a coverage issue since they have merged with T-Mobile. I can't even go up 95 north and hold a conversation for more to the two or three seconds before I lose signal and drop the call! Web connectivity is a joke getting my text messages in or out is a joke! You know before you launch a merger with another company maybe you should get all of your technical problems worked out before you screw us customers on coverage that we're paying for!

I have purchased a 3 phones through you and since T-Mobile and you merged. The last phone I had wasn't that old maybe a year. I had issues with connectivity so I went and purchased a different phone through someone else that's an unlocked phone and I'm still having the same issues so I know it's not my phone it's you! Now what I want to know is what are you going to do to rectify this situation. You claim to have great coverage. Now you don't. Before you merge with T-Mobile I was able to go up and down 95 from Miami Florida all the way up to Pennsylvania and not have an issue with coverage. Unfortunately now I can't on 95 in Jacksonville Florida and go a mile without dropping a call.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

Website quotes cases for phones. I have been to 5 stores, 1 was closed early, 4 had nothing listed on their website. Sure let me pay $100.00 bucks when my J7 screen breaks again. Going back to Apple and NOT through you. Sucks.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

First I loved this service. But then I had to get a new number. I was getting at least two text for some girl twice a day. Then I had to log into Facebook and when I tried to do it with my new number, her page actually came up. So I got a new number again. And AGAIN they gave me an old, used number for some guy that I get at least four texts and personal calls from a day. This is absolutely pathetic. I don't care if there are not enough numbers out there. At least you could do is take their history off the number. Good prices but cheap service!!!!

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

Poor coverage in the Thumb of Michigan or should I say almost none. I have a cottage just north of Port Sanilac Michigan, when I get near there my phone is a clock and camera only but hey I can talk to Mexico.

Metro PCS Company Information