1.92/5

Metro PCS Reviews

1543 Metro PCS Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

I DO NOT recommend Metro PCS to ANYONE. Do not be tricked by a promise of a cheap monthly phone bill (with this service you get what you pay for). It's a trick and/or gimmick to get your money for garbage service, the service is horrible! Phone calls take a very long time to connect along with dropped calls right in the middle of a conversation. The service will just hang up. If it connects at all it's usually breaking up. The internet is even worse. 4g my **! More than 50% of the time when I try to connect to a web page online or on an app it tells me I'm offline or just stays on the loading screen and freezes and good luck trying to watch a video. It's not even like I live in the woods. I live in the city but if you do visit anything out of town/woods don't worry about internet or phone calls cause there is not going to be any service.

I live downtown in the city were you think service would be better but half the time I have to go outside to use my phone because it doesn't work unless I hold my phone out the window or go outside. I have had my phone looked at and it is NOT my phone. It's the cell coverage... It's absolute garbage and isn't getting any better. Even now that they are with T-Mobile still garbage service. I had my cell tower signal receiver adjusted on my phone at the Metro PCS store and it was ok for about 2 days then... Right back to the garbage service... I will be switching company's next month. I will not pay any more for crap service. What a waste of time and money. I'm glad I'm not locked into a contract. I would hire a lawyer and sue them. Never again will I join Metro PCS.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

I collect SSI, disability and food stamps, so money is an issue because I am unable to work. I started off using the $30 Metro PCS plan, then moved over to the $60 plan. My Mother is currently paying for my phone bill because she added me to her plan. A very good friend of mine bought me this new phone because all of the smartphones that were under $150, at the time, were all junk and didn't work properly. My friend bought me a Samsung Galaxy S6, a year after they were released. She paid over $700 for this phone. We bought the phone at a place called CellFix. The phone is an AT&T device which is unlocked, and put on the Metro PCS plan.

My device doesn't receive over the air software updates at all, because my phone is an unlocked version. Metro PCS doesn't provide over-the-air updates. Because I cannot receive over-the-air updates, my phone doesn't work the way it should be running. My Android device is currently running Lollipop version. I was having issues with the $30 plan so we updated to the $60 unlimited 4G LTE plan and I'm still having issues. I am unable to use data while on a phone call. While attempting to use any application, the application says that I am offline all because I am on a phone call. While on a phone call, it says 2.5G instead of 4G.

No matter where I am in my city, it takes at least 40 seconds to completely connect to a call when dialing out. I have had emergencies a few times and was not able to connect to 911 emergency services because it never connects. Like right now, if I dial 911, it will not connect. It will say dialing, but will not connect. One night I needed an ambulance and was unable to connect to 911 emergency services, so I called 611 to report it. After reporting to Metro PCS customer service, I begged the employee to call me an ambulance, but she told me she is not authorized to do so.

I'm so disappointed because my phone is not an inexpensive device and I'm not getting the full benefit of the Metro PCS service. Like, I'm paying for unlimited 4G LTE but I'm not receiving it. Because my device is stuck at Lollipop, I don't have Voice Over LTE. The call quality on the 2.5G Towers always has interference and I can never completely make out what somebody is saying to me because it is always breaking up. It gets so frustrating because they can never completely make out what I am saying to them too. I get 4G LTE speeds while I am not on a phone call and it works great.

Get expert buying tips about Cell Phones delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

Metro PCS needs to be shut down. I've paid 154 dollars for what ** service like Simple Mobile is a better service than Metro piece of **. Y'all need to step up ya game cause y'all just making money off people for what ** service!!!

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

This service provider is effectively robbing me and my family. Hmm I pay for unlimited data and cant stream Youtube or search Google. I mean I pay my bill every month but I'm not getting what I pay for or what I was contracted. I guess Metro only gets business because it's cheap so the service can be shoddy. If you're thinking about switching to Metro or getting your first phone from Metro I would reconsider if I were you. Tomorrow I'll be calling the help center and plan on canceling my account unless they can do something about this garbage they're selling me. @metro your plans are garbage. Your service is garbage. Hands down the worst phone service provider I ever used. Time to get a Verizon and leave this rock in the stone age. You got my number if you wanna talk about it.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

Customer service is bad. I paid my bill at a local Metro store. They cheated me out of my payment. They did not give me a paper receipt so I have no proof I paid. Do not do business with them. I called customer service. They said they could not do nothing.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Metro PCS?

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

How could Metro PCS say they have a customer service dept when no ever ever picks up the phone nor can they be reached by email... I have been trying to reach Metro PCS in order to deactivate my public phone number and get a private phone number working. Nothing, no one! Disappointment of the highest level with all their hype about their service!

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

I was interested in switching to Metro PCS when I saw their promo for the $49 iPhone 6S with a new imported plan. When I say that I have contacted every store in my area, and even some 30-40 miles away from me and NO ONE HAS THIS PHONE IN STOCK NOR CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHEN THEY WILL BE GETTING THEM!!! This is complete and absolute BS. I go online and they list all of these stores that carry it, even go in a few of them before I started calling and they have it advertised but no phones in stock. This has been for a few weeks. I can't talk to anyone at customer service and no one knows the ** corporate number. I won't be coming to Metro by T-Mobile at this point. Worst experience I have ever had trying to give a company my money. Get it together!!!

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

I signed up with Metro PCS in July 2009 for their $50 a month plan and have been a loyal customer since. In that time I have noticed so many changes and none of them for the better! Their service used to be better before T-Mobile bought them in 2013. They used to offer affordable prices phones on their website and even at Walmart and other places too. Now recently with this name change to Metro by T-Mobile now you can only go to one of their locations to get a new phone and I notice they are much pricier and not even the best quality either! I will never go to a Metro store especially an "authorized dealer".

The one time I did that a few years ago the salesman in there sold me an HTC which was supposed to be brand new but which I found out about actress later that it was in fact a refurbished one and it gave me all sorts of problems from day one. Another reviewer on here is exactly correct, they are always upgrading their systems and forcing us loyal customers to buy a new phone and they never give us a credit towards a new one or nothing. I had purchased a new Samsung and after only 3 months (the salesman in the store never mentioned this to me at time of purchase) they upgraded from 3G to 4G LTE and my phone was rendered useless!! So after only 3 months of spending 150$ I had to go back in and buy yet another 150 plus phone to update a 3 month old phone!! What a waste of money!!! This company really went downhill and seems to be going backwards.

Now they don't allow no online purchases of devices or services?? This is the end of 2018 almost 2019, companies are offering more and more online purchasing power and services not less!? I just paid today actually for another month's service, but next month before I pay I am going to be switching over to one of their competitors, probably Cricket, I hear nothing but great things about them and I know quite a few former Metro customers who switched to them and they all tell me they are glad they did. My friends can't believe it when I tell them I am still with Metro, they tell me it's time to make the switch and upgrade!

Original review: Oct. 7, 2018

I have had Metro PCS for several years and in the past they were a good company. I believe they may have signed up too many people for their system to handle. Numerous times I call a metro phone and get a ringing tone followed by answering service but the phone I called never rang. I even tried this with the other phone beside me. Another problem is their new website, I am no longer able to make a payment. It keeps telling me to enter a valid email address, it will not complete payment without this so I end up calling customer service and have to pay an extra $2 for them to complete the payment. Customer service has also gone downhill, it is very hard to reach someone who understands English. If you are on a tight budget this company is cheap, just remember, you pay a cheap price and you get a cheap service.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2018

Been using Metro PCS for a few months now, my bad, should have moved on a long time ago. I pay for $50 plan. My service is extremely slow, it takes about a minute for a app to open up. It takes about 1-3 to open a webpage. I've reset my service several times to no avail. I've called several times to see what they can do about my data speed. Calling didn't help. Therefore, next month I will be moving on to another service. Metro PCS service is a piece of **!

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

I have been with Metro for 6 years. Able to call a number for conference calls with my church and now they stopped me from calling trying to charge me more money. After speaking with someone who promise me that this fee would be waived and noted in my account I am still unable to call my church conference number. Very disappointed because I was lied to. I will be changing providers in order to make daily calls to my church conference number.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

I switched to Metro PCS more than a year ago because their price seemed very good. I lost being treated as a customer and much more. Their coverage area is really limited. The whole system is unfriendly and, when I tried to switch back to my previous service they held my phone number hostage for more than an hour.

My old service (Walmart Family Mobile) had some technicians working for me, contacting Metro PCS in many different ways to gain control of my phone number and the whole process was extremely time consuming and frustrating. They don't give you much and they take revenge if you try to leave them. Very cheap service in every possible negative way.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

My husband & I have had our service w/ Metro for approx. 15 months, and for the most part we were satisfied. We we paid our bill promptly each month. But, my husband became disabled, we moved recently to NC to try & lower our monthly living expenses... Just in time for Hurricane Florence. Anyone who has moved state to state bearing the cost out of their own pocket knows how costly it is. We weren't able to pay our full bill this month, we even changed plans & cut 1/3 off our bill, but was still refused any type of extension. Then Florence hits. After three days of no power, high water, lost of all food, and 90° heat, I called Metro & begged them to please allow me until the 3rd of next month to pay both this month & next month with a supplied credit card # & bank phone number to verify the direct deposit. We needed cell service desperately.

After being told I should pay my bill, and other hurtful things, they decided to give us 48 hrs. of phone & text. But, the trick was, I had to call back twice for them to turn the phone back on, & go through the whole thing again. Then after 48 hrs, had to call back & explain the hell we we're going through. Again, each time getting someone new, being told how I should have paid my bill, but we'll just once give you service for 48 hrs. Which only ended up being 40 hrs. Now, Verizon may be a little more expensive, but they automatically gave free text, data and phone with no overages to all customers affected by the flooding. And I don't believe the customers had to call and very demeaningly beg for some help during a catastrophic force of nature.

Here's the amazing part. We were told we were being given these 48 hours of voice & text for free, right. So technically I've not used any minutes this month, so when my bill for this month comes due October 6, they tell me I owe them $59.00 and I'll be credited next month!!! What??? This company values $60 a lot more than helping humanity. If they won't help during a situation like this, can you imagine how they are with small, but important issues for customers? I personally will never pay them another penny if after a 15 months of perfect payments, this is how they treat their customers... especially a during catastrophic conditions. Thanks for your compassion Metro...

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

This company has poor customer service, management, does not assist with any type of disaster relief. Plus the monthly rates are very extensive. Metro PCS does not assist their customers with any type satisfaction or needs. This is the worst company ever!

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

Metro PCS is a ripoff. I purchase a phone and a new line On September 3, 2018. I paid that first month's bill. Now Metro PCS is saying that I owe for September 20, 2018. That’s not even a whole month. Ripoffs.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

I've been dealing with the issue for over 6 months with MetroPCS now. I signed up for a plan and in that plan I held up my end of the bargain. I kept the service and they're supposed to give me $100 gift card. I did not received the rebate. They found a way to get out of it. They will lie to you about promotions and not follow through. Also at the location I was at they were very racist. Little did they know I speak a little Spanish but they were talking bad about me in front of my face in Spanish and at that point I was just trying to buy a phone not even having a complaint yet. I should have noticed something then.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

Somehow my account was deleted from the company database. All of a sudden I could not get any calls, messages, network or anything... The phone was useless. I paid the bill a week ago and now I can't use my phone. I went to 2 Metro PCS stores, they said they could not access my account and that I have a HIGH SECURITY PASSWORD (which I never requested) and they cannot access my account without that password. Now it's nothing I can do, I have to buy another phone which has been my same number for over 7 years. I also use that number for my business. Now I have to get another phone with another number. My business is going to sink!!! Thanks for nothing METRO PCS. I will never use your service again, and I would suggest you not to use them as well.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

MetroPCS located at 25-43 St. 15 Riverdale Ave Yonkers, NY 10701. On September 11, 2018 I went to this store to purchase a new phone because my Samsung S5 Port was broken. I went to see if they could fix this problem, but they could not. I then decided to buy a new phone, and the store clerk suggested I get the Samsung J7. Explaining to me that to save money it would be to get a new number, and by doing so I would not have to pay for the phone and get it free. Being that the number of my phone is where people reach me, I decided to keep the number and paid the full price for the new phone. In mentioning the problem of my phone to one family member, this family member offer to give me a better phone than the J7 I purchased.

So I decided to return the phone to the store the next day. Let mention also that in good faith I had separated another phone for my wife, a phone that she did not want. To summarize the clerks at the store refused to take back the phone, was charged a fee for a phone that I never touch or left the store. Was charged the amount above and left with an unwanted phone and back case for the Samsung J7. It is justifiable what the policy and this store did to me? I have a Samsung S8 and have no use for this phone. The worst of this story is the store forcing you to take what you do not want or need and the outrageous charges for two pieces not needed. Where can I sent the copies of all the receipts generated in this transaction?

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

If Metro PCS have a employee of the year I definitely would love to nominate JILLENEA ** I.D# **. She most definitely took her time to assist me with every question and concern I have. She help me with the process that seemed like a difficult task but handled it with ease. Jill assures me that she would take care of all of my Metro PCS needs and did just that. I have Paris Metro PCS phone lines all unlimited data. Because of Jill I am HONORED to be a part of the Metro PCS FAMILY and will be for year to come. She made me realize METRO PCS CARE FOR EACH CUSTOMER INDIVIDUAL NEEDS. Not only did she make my day, she also put a smile upon my face. Ty so much for your kindness, gratitude and appreciation JILL...

Original review: Sept. 16, 2018

I have been with Metro PCS since December 2016. I switched from Walmart mobile. I wanted to get a lower rate and have international service when I am in Mexico. I was already paying $45 per month with Walmart and thought Metro might be a better bargain. Boy was I wrong. First off their advertisement (back in 2016 at least) offered a new phone for new customers. Well because technically both Walmart mobile and Metro run on T-Mobile network Metro would not offer me a new phone. I would have to pay if I wanted a new phone. Well I decided to keep my existing phone. That was in December 2016. I went to Mexico and found I actually did not have service like advertised for the additional $5 per month I was paying for service in Mexico. Despite this disappointment I stuck with Metro only because it is a hassle to change services again. Many of these companies are the same. They make promises and then turn out ripping you off.

Last year I missed my payment by one day. Metro will not give any grace periods at all whatsoever. Service is shut off and to make matters worse I could not log on to my account to make the payment online because the account is suspended. I was forced to go to a Metro PCS store to make payment in person. I went to the store and was charged an additional $2 fee since I WAS NOT paying online. That infuriated me. I went ahead and paid it but I called customer service later. They gave me a credit on my next bill. Well fast forward about a year later. I normally log on to my account to pay with no problem. I tried to log on last night, September 15th-my due date, and could not get in.

Well today, September 16th, my service was suspended. I called customer service and had to go through the automated system to make a payment. They charged me $2. I called again to actually speak with someone. I can tell I was transferred to India where they have man service reps on the weekend. Irritating. Anyhow I insisted they credit my account for next month's bill to make up for the $2 charge which is outrageous given their online platform makes it difficult to log in. The service rep in her bad English told me the charge was valid. I persisted and demanded to speak to her supervisor.

She finally came back on the line after a 15 minute wait time and told me her supervisor was busy. She reiterated that the charge was valid but they would be willing to make an exception and give me a $5 credit on my next bill. That's fine but I don't like being scolded when the billing issue was due to their faulty online platform that makes it difficult to login and also flat out does not allow you to login if you are late-even by a day-making payment. It really does not demonstrate this company values my business. I will be shopping for a new provider soon.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

Current payment made, left w/ zero balance. After upgrade & added ins. $8 due. Lost 1 day of service because this payment wasn't explained @ time of purchase. Poor customer service. Impossible to reach car servicer.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

I bought a hotspot and a plan. The seller in the store told me the price for the device is 49.99 and the monthly plan is 35. It came to pay. I actually paid $118. The sales rep spoke a limited English and explained that there are several setup fees. After the first month I came to renew the plan, I was told it's $70 a month. I was wasting almost 2 hours with customer service and the store itself and no one was willing to stand behind their mistake and it's either I pay $70 or I take out an additional phone line with a plan and then I would be able to get the $35 data. So I am stuck with a device without a plan. In summary one month internet with Metro PCS costed me $118.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

I posted earlier about the network issues I was having with Metro PCS. Today, I got fed up with it and tried switching back to T-Mobile with the phone I purchased from Metro. Called to have the phone unlocked, was told I have to wait 6 months before they could unlock it, It's like having a contract that they say they do not have.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

MetroPCS texted me, offering 2 extra 'GB of data for $5/month. Visit local store today.' At the store, they said no such deal exists. They called MetroPCS and were told it doesn't exist. I called customer service and was told the same. While on hold waiting for supervisor, a recording offers me (wait for it) "2 GB extra for $5/month. Ask your customer service rep..." Of course, the supervisor said "no such offer exists." Wow! Mind truly boggled.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

Purchased phone from Metro, got home, realized no sims card, in which the sales people didn't tell me about. Network service, issues after issues. Took the phone to a tech because I couldn't send text messages. Kept getting failed messages. All she did was reset the network. Got home, same issue. Called Metro, and right in the middle of her walking me through the same thing of resetting the phone, the phone on her side hangs up.

I want to go to another provider but I just purchased this phone. Metro supposed to be on T-Mobile's network, in which I had for yrs., I have never had the issues that I am having now with Metro. Can't send text, when I dial a number, it just keeps dialing and never connect. I constantly get the message, "Your call may drop due to out of range." This is no matter where I am. I left T-Mobile only because I lost my phone and didn't want to purchase another 700.00 phone (rip off), so I purchased a more cheaper phone from Metro PCS. Big mistake.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

I purchased this phone after speaking to a representative and being told this was a great phone and there has been returns due to issues only to have every sort of issue. After the fourth return I've done in three months of my purchase I was given the number to their representative Ethan to assist me. I have called several times, left voicemails and emails with no response to any of them. I am truly disappointed with the lack of assistance/service I have yet to receive from them and am still stuck with having to trade this phone in which I'm having to do once again today making this my fifth trade.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

Looks like Metro PCS only hires thieves and liars. My ZTE Z982 locked me out so I took it to ** at the 906 W Prince store. First thing he says is there's nothing he can do about bad software and the phone is not salvageable but he can do an upgrade for 10$. Well 179.00$ later I walk out with this tiny Alcatel 7 and all upgrades are non-refundable. That's not an upgrade. That's a scam. When I got home and noticed the Sim card was missing from the box. I realized he stole it, and to make things even worst I read the manual and hard reset my ZTE myself. Lying thiefs. My God. Pls don't trust this company.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

Metro PCS has the worst customer service, and their store front sales people lie. Went in 3 weeks ago to the Eastpointe, MI 10 and Hayes store to port 3 lines and we brought our own phones. Told I could not get the unlimited plan for 30 a line, put us on a 2 gig plan, told us we were getting a 16 gig plan. Found out after words it was only 2 gig, called and had it switched to unlimited. Was also told by sales person that we would get the second month free, and to come in before it was due and he would credit us the $90. Went into store and asked for him, and guy behind counter said “Who”? Then proceeds to tell us that that guy was only helping out and that he would not honor what we were told. He called the store manager and he said the same thing.

I then called the Metro PCS customer service, and they said I had to go to the store and have manager deal with some other department to see about getting what we were promised. I called the store to find out when the manager would be in and he told me that the manager is never in. So now another run around. Evidently Metro PCS would rather lose thousands of future revenue than honor what their customers were promised. Don’t go to this company and especially not the Eastpointe store.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

I decided to get new service with Metro in the beginning of the year and when I bought the phone in Northern California the sales rep told me they were having a special promotion. If I start my service with Metro and make this payment and my next they would credit me for 2 months in the form of a $100 visa card so I signed up. Month two rolled by and I paid in full on time then called and asked how do I get the promotion credit. The rep on the phone told me that he didn't know what I was talking about and so I told him where I purchased and he told me to call where I bought the phone and service. So I call and this store went out of business.

I get on the phone with Metro and again talk to someone about what I was promised. Then told them about the promotion how I had paid and the store location was now closed. "Yes we do have promotions going on but I'm not sure which one you're talking about" was the response so I remembered also beside the rep in the store I had seen a commercial of get with Metro and the first 2 months are free. Every representative I talked with was complicated and unfruitful due obviously to a language barrier. Never received the so called promotion that I was promised when I bought the phone. I was so irritated and felt scammed that I cut off my internet service with them. Customer service is long holds, and does not help the customer. Awful company Metro PCS.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2018

Be careful before you switch to this plan. I went in and bought a new phone and the sales rep said, "I can switch your plan over for the same cost." He failed to inform me that it would remove my hotspot availability. So you get unlimited data with no hotspot. I reached out to customer service and they said for $120 a month I could get hotspot on each phone. I spoke to John ** who said they could do it for $110 per month. I said I would call back. When I called back I spoke to Jay who said I could get the $80+ plan with 10 gig of hotspot for each phone. I said, "That is great" and he said he would set it up. He said it will take a few minutes to go live. I waited a few minutes and nothing changed. I called back. I spoke to Emmanuel and asked for a supervisor.

Randolph got on the phone with me and explained that Jay did not make the change and that change was not available. I explained to him that that is not what his rep Jay explained to me. I hung up and went to speak to Sprint, Verizon and do some research on different plans. I called back to speak with Elmer who informed me I could not unlock my phone for 180 days since I just purchased them. So I either have to return the phones and attempt to get my money back and go with a new carrier or stay 180 days with this company who does not seem to care as long as you are paying your bill and not asking questions about your plan. I understand their employee may have made a mistake in both the store and Jay who said he could add hotspot to my phones for no additional charge, but they are selling a product they should be the expert at.

If the store saw my plan had hotspot and the new one did not, they should have brought that to my attention so I could make an educated decision. If Jay (the customer service rep) knew he really couldn't add hotspot to my phones, why lie to me and say that he could and that he did. The mobile company that figures out how to really treat the customer well, provide a great service and offer a competitive choices without signing a ridiculous contract with become a leader in their industry.

Metro PCS Company Information