2.35/5
Based on 23 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

23 MetroNet Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 15, 2018

We are constantly losing service or it goes in and out. May 14 2018 was the worst... all evening we had partial picture but no sound. Do you know what it’s like to watch the Voice without VOICE!!! We are so frustrated with it and the price hikes.

Original review: March 26, 2018

MetroNet flew under my radar as they proceeded to build infrastructure in Oswego. Before I knew it, there was a "power station" being built 100 ft from my back door. It's by Oswego Well House #7. After a 3 month battle due to their violation of the noise ordinance, they finally had to cave in and build a 20 ft wall around this little building to mitigate the sound. It was an ironic victory. They may not be violating the noise ordinance (greater than 64 decibels by the way) now, but I can still hear the most irritating motors/fans going off, even with my windows closed. It ruined my spring, summer and fall last year and I have to figure out a way to cope with the permanent effect on my environment that used to be so peaceful. I will continue to tell anyone who will listen that MetroNet has a lousy way of getting the community to like them. I hope their business fails. I'm a 15 yr Comcast customer with zero complaints!!

Get expert buying tips about Satellite and Cable TV Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 13, 2018

I'd give 0 stars if I could. They had our business listed 3 consecutive years incorrectly in the phone book. They attempt to blame the publisher but after many calls to the publisher I learned it is the service provider. Being a business that deals with seniors we have no idea how this repeated mistake cost us. I tried each year to get it changed with no success. They gave us 1 month free service. Big deal! We were under a 3 year contract. I emailed the higher up with my concerns, no response at all. Today I tried to get tech support to guide me on getting the internet working when it went down, no help whatsoever. When I say no help I mean NO HELP.

We use the internet at our business and their lack of concern, was something I've never dealt with in 11 years in business, nor in my home providers. Our contract ends in 2 weeks at which time I will cancel service. If you can't get the help you need with customer service what are you suppose to do? I'd recommend to anyone looking for a company who makes a customer feel like they matter, look elsewhere. Can't wait to call them and cancel!! My story is 100% true, I do not give reviews but I felt I needed to warn anyone looking at this company, be prepared for a nightmare if you ever need assistance.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2018

So here is my rant from day 1 with the install to last day when I had enough. Day 1 they showed up and were clueless where their own hookup box was located. Last time I checked they were the ones who ran all the fiber and installed ALL the hookup locations. After they finally got it figured out my gig service was running about 230 MBS. Literally was told by install guy that may be all I get. Basically had to threaten him he would be living with me until he got it right. Almost 6 hours later finally wrapped it up.

I left Comcast after 15 years to get "better" speed at a more affordable price. Well like the cliche' goes... The grass isnt always greener on the other side. I had major problems with WiFi stability, and I used my own router (Asus 3100). Which btw performed WAYYYYY better than the router they give you and I still had these issues. Tons of buffering issues and pixelated screens. All this was with 1 GB service. I NEVER had those issues with Comcast with 25mbs, or 75mbs 300mb speeds. Customer service is a joke and they play the robotic script they were handed in orientation and will not wavier from it. Joke of a service and double joke of a company. If at all possible run Forest run from anything MetroNet has anything to do with.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

There are only so many choices for internet services, big players being Xfinity, AT&T, MetroNet etc. Metronet and Xfinity are the only ones that offer a capacity higher than 20 mbs, let alone fiber cable. Xfinity has ridiculous pricing. I had AT&T for every service you can imagine for years and they are no different re: frustrating customer service, constant internet drops and any other typical problems - same experience with Comcast. For a year, while Metronet was laying the cable throughout the area, I watched a few people jump to sign up. The growing pains of Metronet were felt by all. I was not looking forward to making a change and the disruption that it would cause since I mostly work from home, so I waited. I've had Metronet for 3 mos now. The difference Metronet brings is (1) the pricing for what you get, namely the deals they have for phone, internet and cable for the 1-2 yrs.

(2) The speed and capacity alone for internet is worth it. When you have 3 people who stream data at once, you would otherwise feel the difference if you didn't have enough capacity. Xbox Live alone eats a ton, add YouTube or some other streaming and all hell breaks loose. (3) The installers that came out (2 of 3 - I added second line and needed a router placement change) were really great and accommodating. They were very knowledgeable and explained the connections to me and what was necessary and what was not. An inspector came out to see the work a few days later. Even the guy who buried the line was considerate of the invisible fence and coordinated with me to be home so I could show him so he didn't cut the line. I have the porthole in my yard, and offered a suggestion regarding leaving notice of an invisible fence near it so when others came out to connect Metronet they would know.

(4) The technology helpline typically has a seasoned person (unlike AT&T) and although I am not a stranger to tech terms, I am also no pro at resolving issues beyond my ability. All of these points were not something AT&T or Comcast/Xfinity ever gave a hoot about. In the 3 mos. I've had Metronet, they are much better than when it all first started. I suspect from the review complaints mostly coming from Indiana, that they are experiencing the growing pains right now. To me, it was worth the wait. The only downside is that I noticed I do still get dropped from wi-fi from time to time. That is critical when you lose VPN connection from losing internet, while working.

I watch my VPN try to re-establish connection multiple times in one day in some instances (my laptop notifies me). I haven't yet addressed the drops with Metronet, but not sure the answer will suffice since it more than likely is an issue of others getting established. The other downside is the router, which I have one of the better ones they offer, but it still isn't perfect in reaching everywhere. My son complains the most about being dropped from wi-fi. I have yet to explore the options in my home before I take that to Metronet. I don't see how the wi-fi isn't reaching the far corners of the house, but could be OR could be my 13 yr old son. At any rate, Metronet is great for the last 3 mos in comparison. I will give it a year to see how it goes.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about MetroNet?

Original review: Dec. 23, 2017

I have been trying to get internet service since September, 2017. Every time they come out to install in my house, they have failed to prepare the outside connection. When I call, they assure me that the services are ready to be installed. Buyers beware.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

We got a new remote for our LG Smart TV and followed the instructions on the back of the remote as instructed. We successfully set up the on/off button and the Guide button but could not get the Channel changer, audio button and numeric buttons for channels to work. Our 36 year old son tried too and even talked to tech support with no success.

Tech support, Kristina, called back 5 hours later to see if the remote was working properly and when we informed her that it was not they said to "click the ST button, turn around, turn back to the TV and click the Guide button. And if that did not work it was a bad remote." My husband and I were not amused. Of course it was the remote. We went and got a new one and the setup went perfectly. We think the Tech Support department needs training on respect for their customers.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

Too many areas under one system. One goes down so do all others connected to system. Recent storms knocked out main system. Took over 12 hours to bring all offices and customers back online.

Original review: June 12, 2017

Horrible company. We do not and will never have their service but we unfortunately have one of their boxes in our yard. They are pests. We have pests and have had to let them in our yard about 30 times in the past year since it has been put in. Last summer they destroyed our gate and were told about it but nothing. Once again today here they come again wanting back in. I had some small branches piled up behind box but not in the way and he picked one up and threw it and the others he kept kicking until they were strung out everywhere. Took lid off box looked at it and left. Left gate open. We locked gate back he was gone for quite awhile and when he returned he jumped fence. These people do whatever they want. They need to start making an appointment. And how professional is it to go into someone's yard and just start kicking stuff around.

Original review: June 6, 2017

The service of the company is poor at best. I have nothing but problems, I thought they might have improved over the last few years is why I had it reconnected. The service and connection has never improved. Now I got my first bill. So much for being blindsided. It was not 60 as I was told. It was 292. That's a big difference. So as far as this company goes I would never recommend it to anyone. If not resolved by today it will be the end of MetroNet only after a month. I see it as a waste of time and money.

Original review: May 13, 2017

Could care less if their service is any good! Metronet came to install new cable service in our area and succeeded in pissing off the entire subdivision. They damaged my fence which has yet to be repaired (over a month) and have not repaired the damage to the yard from where they dug the hole. Also left track marks in the yard from the mini front end loader. After damaging the fence they made zero effort to contact me as I had to contact them. Would have been impossible for the operators to NOT have known they damaged the fence. Made all kinds of promises that damaged would be fixed but yet never returned. Installed cable towers in horrible spots in neighbors yards and had to argue with them to have them moved. Horrible company. Cannot believe the village would even approve this company. A simple internet search shows they are horrible. Stay away.

Original review: May 3, 2017

I have only had service less than two weeks. I have had trouble the whole time with connecting to my wifi service. Technical support says I have to wait on someone else to call me to make an appointment to for someone to come to my house again because it was not done right the first time. They will not compensate any of the bill for having internet and not being able to use it.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2017

I have commercial contract with MetroNet. It does not mean anything. Whenever they want they can increase rate without any notification and whatever they want. Once you sign contract with them you are stuck and but rate you sign can vary. That does not mean that rate you sign for service will remain same during your contract period. Nothing wrong with their services. Do not sign any contract with them.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2017

My cable went out Thursday afternoon & they said they would try to have someone out that night. Friday morning a tech called, said he would be out at 3. He did not show so I called customer service at 4 then again at 6. Thankfully I got the same customer support representative. When she called the tech, he said that he had called & came by & got no response from me. She knew this was not true because I was obviously at home waiting for him. He then said he was still at the same job & would come by after he was finished (which he did not). Saturday afternoon at 2:13 is when I finally heard from him again, saying he would be by soon. He got to my house at 2:55, almost 24 hours late, and was gone by 3:30. All I needed was a new box. He spent more time on the phone on hold with Metronet (about 20 minutes) than anything else while at my house.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2016

Yo bro channel selection was very good and I was very satisfied with it. It offered most of the premium channels that were available to the local cable provider. The cable service was very reliable and I had very few outages when using it. Overall I was very satisfied with it and recommended totally to the consumer provided it's available in your area. I was happy with the overall value however I felt that the channel selection could have been a little bit greater compared to the money that it was costing me to have. The overall customer support was exceptional even though I really had to use it. The few times I did have to use it I was provided great service and any issues were quickly resolved.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2016

So many great channels at a low price. It's worth having. Never have any problems with them. We love them. Give them thumbs up. They are a great company and they are worthwhile cable company. Very affordable and fast. Never freezes, nothing. I totally recommend. This is a great cable service and it's awesome great channels and everything for one low price. It's pretty awesome. They are always helpful at answering your questions right away. Very well and good indeed. I appreciate their customer service. They are wonderful.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2016

This will be about the only thing that's above a Very dissatisfied. The selection is ok.. Nothing to write home about.. Hence the dissatisfied. For the price I pay should be more of a selection. I waited weeks for them to hook up my internet. They just needed to fix one cable. Could they do that in a timely manner? No. I was waiting on call backs from supervisors that never came. So unprofessional. Horrible value. You pay so much money for what?? Absolute ** service. The Internet is constantly going in and out and the service I receive from the employees there make the value even worse. If I could give this a negative 100 or a F - I would. Absolute worst customer service.. Right next to COMCAST and that's something to say. Extremely unreliable. Never received call backs. Waited on hold for an hour and other times were too long. And when you finally get through they scam you and mislead you.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2016

The selection is great! They have something for everyone, I would definitely highly recommend them to anyone. My family enjoys them very much. The service reliability is good. They have some issues here and there but it doesn't last long like the others. The perceived value is also good compare to any other ones. I'm very happy. My customer service experience was amazing. The person who I spoke to was able to help me and answer all of my questions and plus some. I'm so grateful for the good service I received.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2016

Premium channels are provided. All of the channels that I enjoy watching along with two additional movie channels that I also enjoy. The movie channels are Starz and Showtime. The service is very reliable and dependable. I think this is the best service out there. Top of the line quality that anyone could ever ask for. The value is very affordable and reasonable based on what you're looking for. For me it is just right. Not too expensive and not too cheap. The customer support system for this network is always available. The store are open 6 days a week but you can always speak to someone via phone or email if needed.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2016

I had a good variety of stations and offered packages that would help combine prices and save money. Customer service was always very good and the staff is resolved problems quickly. The service was reliable and it only went out when there was a big storm or a neighborhood outage. Problems were always resolved quickly. They had good value packages for the price and offer a wide variety of channels and selections as well as on-demand services when needed them. Customer service was difficult to get to a person sometimes but once I was connected with someone my problems rather quickly they were always very professional.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2016

The channel selection is very numerous. You can always find something good to watch. It seems the service is great. I never have a problem finding something to watch. The service reliability is highly rated by me. I've had other services that were so bad. This service is dependable and I recommend to anyone who gets it. The perceived value is all the company says it is. Very dependable. I can't believe I waited as long as I did to have the service. My family and lots of my friends have it also. Customer service so far has been very helpful. They seem to know the business. If one doesn't have an answer to a question they find someone who does. I think they really are tremendous.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2016

They are highly innovative and have a wide variety of high quality brands and products to choose from. They are always good about having everything in stock. This company is absolutely highly reliable and they offer great services and products and they are a company that you can always count on no matter what. This company in my opinion is of great high value as it offers very innovative products and services that will fit anyone's needs and they are high quality. I feel like the customer support of this company is high professional and knowledgeable and I would highly recommend their services to anyone.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2016

It did not have the best channel selection or by far the worst. It did not work all the time in crappy weather but other than that it got the job done. You get what you pay for. It is not the best price or the worst price. Not the most professional people I've talked to. Pretty crappy.

Not sure about MetroNet?
Take our two minute quiz to find the right Satellite and Cable TV Providers for you.

MetroNet Company Information

www.metronetinc.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business