4.3/5 (87 ratings)

About Metronet

Metronet is the nation’s largest privately owned 100% fiber-optic service provider, offering symmetrical internet speeds of up to 1 Gigabit. We are currently serving or under construction in more than 120 communities in Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, North Carolina, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Ohio, Virginia, and Texas with state-of-art telecommunication services delivered through a 100% fiber optic network. We pride ourselves on our cutting-edge technology combined with industry-leading customer care. Metronet associates live and work in the communities we serve, and it is our goal to provide the best possible customer experience and support to those communities through sponsorships and participation in local events.

Pros

• 24/7 tech support
  • Student discounts
  • Multiple speed options

Cons

• Limited availability
  • No bundle packages

Bottom Line

Metronet is a large internet service provider offering fiber-optic internet, TV and phone service. Supporting cities in the Midwest and South, this company provides fast and reliable service with competitive promotional pricing.

Top Metronet Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Metronet?

Verified

Wow! Finally I've got outstanding customer service from both the call center and on site technician. We've signed up for a 1Gig speed under promotion for the first 2 years… Metron...

Verified

Channel selection was very good and I was very satisfied with it. It offered most of the premium channels that were available to the local cable provider. The cable service was ve...

What is Metronet?

Metronet is an internet service provider (ISP) offering fiber-optic internet, TV and phone services within the Midwest and South. The company is based in Indiana, where most of its subscribers reside, and is one of the largest fiber-optic networks in the country. All services provided by Metronet are delivered over its fiber-optic network.

Metronet internet packages range in speed from 100 megabits per second to 1 gigabit per second, while TV subscriptions typically include up to 250 channels. Fiber phone services are also available, providing a reliable connection and an improved quality of sound. Metronet also makes it simple to optimize your streaming experience by showing you free and paid services in one location.

How does Metronet work?

Metronet uses a fiber-optic network to provide fast, reliable service. Fiber-optic cables are woven with fine, hair-thin glass that transmit data over long distances. ISPs that use this technology install a panel that houses these connections and links your home to the network.

To sign up for Metronet’s internet, TV or phone services, you can go online call the company's customer service. Services are typically installed within 10 days of an order. A pre-installation appointment may be required ahead of the full installation. During this appointment, the technician will bring a fiber drop and a small box that will be fully connected at installation.

Metronet pricing

Pricing for Metronet services depends on your location, the package you choose and whether or not you're a student. Internet pricing ranges from $49.95 to $89.95 per month at the time of publishing. TV packages run from $25.70 to $104.83 per month, and landline phone services are available for $9.95 per month. These prices will increase after a 12- to 24-month period. Check Metronet's website for pricing in your area.

Metronet FAQ

Does Metronet have a data cap?
No, Metronet does not have data caps.
Where is Metronet available?
Metronet is available in select communities in Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, North Carolina and Ohio.
What is Metronet streaming?
Metronet shows you a list of streaming services in one location to make sign-up easier. It also offers a recommendation tool so you can find the streaming services compatible with your interests. Visit Metronet’s website or call its customer service to get more information about services and prices.
How many channels can I get through Metronet?
Channel availability varies depending on your location and the TV package you subscribe to. Metronet typically offers around 80 channels for basic packages and around 250 for a fully upgraded subscription.
Is Metronet internet very fast?
Metronet offers internet speeds from 100 Mbps to 1 Gbps. The low end is good for light browsing and streaming for several devices, while the fastest speed is ideal for heavy video streaming and gaming across multiple devices.
When is Metronet customer service available?
Metronet customer service is available by phone Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. CST and Saturday and Sunday from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. CST. Technical support is available by phone 24/7.
Does Metronet offer discounts for bundle packages?
Metronet does not offer bundled packages for its services. Products are priced individually, with discounts available for students.

Is Metronet good?

Metronet is a trusted internet service provider offering fiber-optic services that are known for speed and reliability. Pricing is competitive, with perks like a streaming library and promotional freebies adding to the value. While there are some customer complaints, most are related to customer service issues or pricing after the promotional contract expires.

Metronet Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Metronet?

Original review: May 7, 2022

When I first got my internet with Metronet, it ran super fast and was in the 300s for download and upload. Now, it still runs and most of the time, my streaming TV is working fine. Sometimes, it goes out. It’s blinking then it picks back up. The download right now is 171 and the upload is 241, which are still good speeds. It's just my internet is no longer as fast as before.

The cost ended up being a little more than what I was paying AT&T. But it’s way better and faster than AT&T. Metronet is more direct and it’s good internet. They keep sending me ad advisory that the internet is down and they’re working on it. But mine never goes down during those times. The only other issue I had with them was I was supposed to get the first month free and the free installation but they charged me for both. I had to call them up and they had to refund it. Other than that, I recommended Metronet to my neighbor that had Spectrum. He thinks Metronet is they’re much faster than Spectrum and he's not having trouble either.

Metronet response

Hi Arlene! Thanks for sharing your Metronet experience. Our 24/7 technical support team is available to assist you at 877-407-3224. Please give them a call to troubleshoot any speed issues you may be experiencing.

Original review: May 5, 2022

My wife works for a hospital so it’s very important for us to have internet. I usually have to call Metronet when I have issues and they’re usually there either the same day, the next day or the day after. It's a pretty quick response. Customer service was great. People answered my phone call and were very helpful. They did everything they could to get everything taken care of for me. I had a couple of service issues early in the system and eventually started to realize that I had to do my own type of protecting the cable. Apparently, whoever buries the cable isn't getting it low enough. Once I got that sorted out, I haven't had any internet connection issues.

The quality of service is good. Cost is about average like everything else I pay. The only thing I don’t like is the fact that I have to pay an additional $10 to have a public IP address, which is annoying. Normally, I wouldn’t have to pay. With every other internet company I’ve ever had, I always had a public IP address. I have to have a public IP for access to my home automation system, cameras, security, and all that stuff. Other than that I’d recommend Metronet.

Metronet response

Hi Jorge! We are so happy to hear about your positive experience with our services. Thank you for trusting us with your business!

Get buying tips about Satellite and Cable TV Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 16, 2022

The two gentlemen who came and hooked us up were very friendly and knowledgeable. I appreciated that. They were able to get in and out with not a lot of time spent. They asked if I had any questions but at the time, I didn't think that I had to re-hook up my Roku, which didn't work quite right after they left. But it works now. As far as speed goes, MetroNet is better than the previous provider that I had. The quality of service and the price are better too. People ought to try it out. We've been satisfied. If there was a way to give us some sort of cable status at a very low price, that would be a help. Because there are streaming companies who require you to have cable TV and I don't want to have cable TV again, per se. But if I could get something for X dollars a month that I find reasonable, that would help me get things like Fox News.

Metronet response

Hi Chris! Thanks for sharing your Metronet experience! We're happy you're happy!

Original review: April 7, 2022

I really don’t think I’m exaggerating when I say Metronet may be one of the best companies in the nation. I’m a former C***ca*t customer and to put it lightly they were always overpriced, frustrating to work with, and the customer service was horrible. When I switched to metronet I started receiving way faster service for less money. I’ve never had an issue with reduced speeds. I’ve only had pleasant conversations on the phone with their employees. Great customer service is dying all across America but this is one of those rare companies that truly puts the customer first.

The bills are easy to understand, the service is incredible, the prices are fair, and they are just so easy to work with. Their only downfall is they don’t offer their service in more areas. I’m very lucky I do. I honestly don’t write reviews often but they’ve improved my internet experience in so many ways that I figured writing about them is the least I could do.

Metronet response

Hi Nick! Thanks so much for taking the time to give us a review. We appreciate your feedback and thank you for choosing Metronet!

Original review: March 7, 2022

When the MetroNet sales rep came out here, he offered us a really great deal. Being fiber optic and we had unlimited internet, we could choose our speed. The service is great. Occasionally, the TVs will start freezing up. Sometimes it drops the signal, which can be a real problem. Our daughter has cerebral palsy and she likes to watch her programs. So, when that starts happening, then we have to put on something else like her Blu-ray player and she misses out on the programming that she chooses.

What I don't like is their prices are getting up equal and higher than what we had with Xfinity. So, that could have a big influence on whether we keep the service or if we go to someone else who becomes available in our area. We might reduce quality to save some money. We haven't really called and complained about it, but our monthly bill is pushing $300. We have the telephone, the TV packages and the DVR, and I've considered dropping the premium channels, but I'd only save $30. One thing nice about MetroNet is they pass on the charges to the people. What they get charged, they charge the people for their premium packages or for the premium channels. But then, their premium packages for television for all the other channels is where it really hurts.

Metronet response

Thanks for sharing your feedback. Please contact our 24/7 technical support team if you have any further issues with your services. Give them a call at 877-407-3224.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2022

We were very excited about MetroNet coming into town, had even pre signed up before they were even in town. Now I'm in the middle of arguing with one of their lawyers they sicked on me when I complained about them shutting our power down at our business and it cost us a couple grand to do it. I know what lawyers cost and they don't even read a couple emails for what I lost.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2022

I had my service installed in March with the promise that the line would be buried as soon as the weather improved. It's now September and the line is still not buried. Since installation the line has been broken twice resulting in days of outage. I have called a dozen times and begged them to bury the line. They really couldn't care less about me as a customer. They continue to promise and never actually do anything. After the most recent break they reinstalled a line that was too short, so it's currently running over my driveway. This was supposed to be a temporary fix (a month ago now). Is there any point in calling them? None. They don't care.

Original review: July 26, 2022

I canceled. I'm still waiting on the retribution for the money that Metronet owes me. Also, the effectiveness of the delivery wasn't that thorough. Other than that, the personal experience was great.

Metronet response

Hi Tyler! Thanks for sharing your experience. We would like to look into this for you. Give us a call at 877-407-3224 and we can check on the status of your refund.

Original review: July 22, 2022

I wish they’d give us some kind of discount for teachers.

Metronet response

Hi George! Thanks for taking time to share your suggestion. We will pass this along to the appropriate department. Thank you for choosing Metronet!

Original review: July 12, 2022

Anytime I've had an issue with the service, the customer service is amazing. I just the customer service member and tell them what's going on and they send somebody out and they fix it. MetroNet gets it knocked out quickly. The internet speed is great because I have teenagers and a boyfriend, and they play that new Xbox X and there's no lag time on the games. Also, and I work from home. It doesn't interrupt with my laptop or cell phones. The internet speed I'm paying for is amazing. Sign up for it.

Metronet response

Hi Bethany! Thanks for taking time to share your Metronet experience. We're so glad you are happy with your service and speeds!

Metronet Company Information