2.63/5
  • 1 star
Based on 19 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

MetroNet

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Dec. 27, 2017

19 MetroNet Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

There are only so many choices for internet services, big players being Xfinity, AT&T, MetroNet etc. Metronet and Xfinity are the only ones that offer a capacity higher than 20 mbs, let alone fiber cable. Xfinity has ridiculous pricing. I had AT&T for every service you can imagine for years and they are no different re: frustrating customer service, constant internet drops and any other typical problems - same experience with Comcast. For a year, while Metronet was laying the cable throughout the area, I watched a few people jump to sign up. The growing pains of Metronet were felt by all. I was not looking forward to making a change and the disruption that it would cause since I mostly work from home, so I waited. I've had Metronet for 3 mos now. The difference Metronet brings is (1) the pricing for what you get, namely the deals they have for phone, internet and cable for the 1-2 yrs.

(2) The speed and capacity alone for internet is worth it. When you have 3 people who stream data at once, you would otherwise feel the difference if you didn't have enough capacity. Xbox Live alone eats a ton, add YouTube or some other streaming and all hell breaks loose. (3) The installers that came out (2 of 3 - I added second line and needed a router placement change) were really great and accommodating. They were very knowledgeable and explained the connections to me and what was necessary and what was not. An inspector came out to see the work a few days later. Even the guy who buried the line was considerate of the invisible fence and coordinated with me to be home so I could show him so he didn't cut the line. I have the porthole in my yard, and offered a suggestion regarding leaving notice of an invisible fence near it so when others came out to connect Metronet they would know.

(4) The technology helpline typically has a seasoned person (unlike AT&T) and although I am not a stranger to tech terms, I am also no pro at resolving issues beyond my ability. All of these points were not something AT&T or Comcast/Xfinity ever gave a hoot about. In the 3 mos. I've had Metronet, they are much better than when it all first started. I suspect from the review complaints mostly coming from Indiana, that they are experiencing the growing pains right now. To me, it was worth the wait. The only downside is that I noticed I do still get dropped from wi-fi from time to time. That is critical when you lose VPN connection from losing internet, while working.

I watch my VPN try to re-establish connection multiple times in one day in some instances (my laptop notifies me). I haven't yet addressed the drops with Metronet, but not sure the answer will suffice since it more than likely is an issue of others getting established. The other downside is the router, which I have one of the better ones they offer, but it still isn't perfect in reaching everywhere. My son complains the most about being dropped from wi-fi. I have yet to explore the options in my home before I take that to Metronet. I don't see how the wi-fi isn't reaching the far corners of the house, but could be OR could be my 13 yr old son. At any rate, Metronet is great for the last 3 mos in comparison. I will give it a year to see how it goes.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2017

I have been trying to get internet service since September, 2017. Every time they come out to install in my house, they have failed to prepare the outside connection. When I call, they assure me that the services are ready to be installed. Buyers beware.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

We got a new remote for our LG Smart TV and followed the instructions on the back of the remote as instructed. We successfully set up the on/off button and the Guide button but could not get the Channel changer, audio button and numeric buttons for channels to work. Our 36 year old son tried too and even talked to tech support with no success.

Tech support, Kristina, called back 5 hours later to see if the remote was working properly and when we informed her that it was not they said to "click the ST button, turn around, turn back to the TV and click the Guide button. And if that did not work it was a bad remote." My husband and I were not amused. Of course it was the remote. We went and got a new one and the setup went perfectly. We think the Tech Support department needs training on respect for their customers.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

Too many areas under one system. One goes down so do all others connected to system. Recent storms knocked out main system. Took over 12 hours to bring all offices and customers back online.

Original review: June 12, 2017

Horrible company. We do not and will never have their service but we unfortunately have one of their boxes in our yard. They are pests. We have pests and have had to let them in our yard about 30 times in the past year since it has been put in. Last summer they destroyed our gate and were told about it but nothing. Once again today here they come again wanting back in. I had some small branches piled up behind box but not in the way and he picked one up and threw it and the others he kept kicking until they were strung out everywhere. Took lid off box looked at it and left. Left gate open. We locked gate back he was gone for quite awhile and when he returned he jumped fence. These people do whatever they want. They need to start making an appointment. And how professional is it to go into someone's yard and just start kicking stuff around.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about MetroNet?

Original review: June 6, 2017

The service of the company is poor at best. I have nothing but problems, I thought they might have improved over the last few years is why I had it reconnected. The service and connection has never improved. Now I got my first bill. So much for being blindsided. It was not 60 as I was told. It was 292. That's a big difference. So as far as this company goes I would never recommend it to anyone. If not resolved by today it will be the end of MetroNet only after a month. I see it as a waste of time and money.

Original review: May 13, 2017

Could care less if their service is any good! Metronet came to install new cable service in our area and succeeded in pissing off the entire subdivision. They damaged my fence which has yet to be repaired (over a month) and have not repaired the damage to the yard from where they dug the hole. Also left track marks in the yard from the mini front end loader. After damaging the fence they made zero effort to contact me as I had to contact them. Would have been impossible for the operators to NOT have known they damaged the fence. Made all kinds of promises that damaged would be fixed but yet never returned. Installed cable towers in horrible spots in neighbors yards and had to argue with them to have them moved. Horrible company. Cannot believe the village would even approve this company. A simple internet search shows they are horrible. Stay away.

Original review: May 3, 2017

I have only had service less than two weeks. I have had trouble the whole time with connecting to my wifi service. Technical support says I have to wait on someone else to call me to make an appointment to for someone to come to my house again because it was not done right the first time. They will not compensate any of the bill for having internet and not being able to use it.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2017

I have commercial contract with MetroNet. It does not mean anything. Whenever they want they can increase rate without any notification and whatever they want. Once you sign contract with them you are stuck and but rate you sign can vary. That does not mean that rate you sign for service will remain same during your contract period. Nothing wrong with their services. Do not sign any contract with them.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2017

My cable went out Thursday afternoon & they said they would try to have someone out that night. Friday morning a tech called, said he would be out at 3. He did not show so I called customer service at 4 then again at 6. Thankfully I got the same customer support representative. When she called the tech, he said that he had called & came by & got no response from me. She knew this was not true because I was obviously at home waiting for him. He then said he was still at the same job & would come by after he was finished (which he did not). Saturday afternoon at 2:13 is when I finally heard from him again, saying he would be by soon. He got to my house at 2:55, almost 24 hours late, and was gone by 3:30. All I needed was a new box. He spent more time on the phone on hold with Metronet (about 20 minutes) than anything else while at my house.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2016

Yo bro channel selection was very good and I was very satisfied with it. It offered most of the premium channels that were available to the local cable provider. The cable service was very reliable and I had very few outages when using it. Overall I was very satisfied with it and recommended totally to the consumer provided it's available in your area. I was happy with the overall value however I felt that the channel selection could have been a little bit greater compared to the money that it was costing me to have. The overall customer support was exceptional even though I really had to use it. The few times I did have to use it I was provided great service and any issues were quickly resolved.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2016

So many great channels at a low price. It's worth having. Never have any problems with them. We love them. Give them thumbs up. They are a great company and they are worthwhile cable company. Very affordable and fast. Never freezes, nothing. I totally recommend. This is a great cable service and it's awesome great channels and everything for one low price. It's pretty awesome. They are always helpful at answering your questions right away. Very well and good indeed. I appreciate their customer service. They are wonderful.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2016

This will be about the only thing that's above a Very dissatisfied. The selection is ok.. Nothing to write home about.. Hence the dissatisfied. For the price I pay should be more of a selection. I waited weeks for them to hook up my internet. They just needed to fix one cable. Could they do that in a timely manner? No. I was waiting on call backs from supervisors that never came. So unprofessional. Horrible value. You pay so much money for what?? Absolute ** service. The Internet is constantly going in and out and the service I receive from the employees there make the value even worse. If I could give this a negative 100 or a F - I would. Absolute worst customer service.. Right next to COMCAST and that's something to say. Extremely unreliable. Never received call backs. Waited on hold for an hour and other times were too long. And when you finally get through they scam you and mislead you.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2016

The selection is great! They have something for everyone, I would definitely highly recommend them to anyone. My family enjoys them very much. The service reliability is good. They have some issues here and there but it doesn't last long like the others. The perceived value is also good compare to any other ones. I'm very happy. My customer service experience was amazing. The person who I spoke to was able to help me and answer all of my questions and plus some. I'm so grateful for the good service I received.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2016

Premium channels are provided. All of the channels that I enjoy watching along with two additional movie channels that I also enjoy. The movie channels are Starz and Showtime. The service is very reliable and dependable. I think this is the best service out there. Top of the line quality that anyone could ever ask for. The value is very affordable and reasonable based on what you're looking for. For me it is just right. Not too expensive and not too cheap. The customer support system for this network is always available. The store are open 6 days a week but you can always speak to someone via phone or email if needed.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2016

I had a good variety of stations and offered packages that would help combine prices and save money. Customer service was always very good and the staff is resolved problems quickly. The service was reliable and it only went out when there was a big storm or a neighborhood outage. Problems were always resolved quickly. They had good value packages for the price and offer a wide variety of channels and selections as well as on-demand services when needed them. Customer service was difficult to get to a person sometimes but once I was connected with someone my problems rather quickly they were always very professional.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2016

The channel selection is very numerous. You can always find something good to watch. It seems the service is great. I never have a problem finding something to watch. The service reliability is highly rated by me. I've had other services that were so bad. This service is dependable and I recommend to anyone who gets it. The perceived value is all the company says it is. Very dependable. I can't believe I waited as long as I did to have the service. My family and lots of my friends have it also. Customer service so far has been very helpful. They seem to know the business. If one doesn't have an answer to a question they find someone who does. I think they really are tremendous.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2016

They are highly innovative and have a wide variety of high quality brands and products to choose from. They are always good about having everything in stock. This company is absolutely highly reliable and they offer great services and products and they are a company that you can always count on no matter what. This company in my opinion is of great high value as it offers very innovative products and services that will fit anyone's needs and they are high quality. I feel like the customer support of this company is high professional and knowledgeable and I would highly recommend their services to anyone.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2016

It did not have the best channel selection or by far the worst. It did not work all the time in crappy weather but other than that it got the job done. You get what you pay for. It is not the best price or the worst price. Not the most professional people I've talked to. Pretty crappy.

MetroNet Company Information

www.metronetinc.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use