4.3/5 (118 ratings)

About MetroNet

MetroNet is a telecommunications company that provides internet, TV and phone services directly to consumers. Its exact services and pricing depend on your location. MetroNet offers internet with speeds up to 1 gigabit per second and TV packages with up to 250 channels. The company serves over 100 communities in states throughout the Midwest and South.

Pros

• 24/7 tech support
  • Student discounts
  • Multiple speed options

Cons

• Limited availability
  • No bundle packages

Bottom Line

MetroNet is a large internet service provider offering fiber-optic internet, TV and phone service. Supporting cities in the Midwest and South, this company provides fast and reliable service with competitive promotional pricing.

MetroNet Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about MetroNet?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about MetroNet?

Original review: Sept. 16, 2021

The technicians gave me a two-hour time window and they were here on time. They did everything fast and were super helpful with the questions I had. So, I have no complaints at all. The installation went smoothly and the technicians were very professional and on the ball. MetroNet is the fastest internet I’ve ever had in the last decade. They’re very good. I’m getting the 500 megabytes per second plan and when you do the internet speed test online, it shows how fast the upload and download are, and it checks out. It's reliable. We've been using it for four months so it's a small sample but we haven’t had any issues yet.

MetroNet response

Thanks for the review and thank you for choosing MetroNet!

Original review: Sept. 6, 2021

I had seen MetroNet digging and laying down fiber in our city and I couldn't wait until they get over to my area. Then we had some MetroNet guys come to the door. I didn't even know if it was supposed to be available to me because the way my apartments run is like an apartment complex. They said they'd see what they could do and jumped through hoops to get me. What they told me I was gonna pay is actually what I'm paying, which is a first. I'm paying 65 a month and that's for good internet, and when I get the bill, it’s gonna be 93.45 with some taxes and equipment rental and stuff on there. I'll be out in my front yard, getting Wi-Fi, no problem. People should go with them.

MetroNet response

Hi John! Thanks so much for the feedback about your experience with MetroNet. We're happy you're happy!

Original review: Sept. 5, 2021

Their customer service has been good. I got internet. However, the price varies. One, it'll be 80. Then this month, it’s 95. I don’t know why the price fluctuates.

MetroNet response

Hi Quintin! We'd be happy to go over your bill with you. Chat with us online at metronetinc.com, customer_service@metronetinc.com, or give us a call at 877-407-3224.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2021

MetroNet is 1,000% better than the other provider. My internet doesn't go out. The download and upload speeds are great. The guy who came and hooked up my internet was amazing. He was very informative and the most professional I've dealt with. Every single time I have an interaction with MetroNet, it's always been above and beyond. They have done the most to make sure customer service is great.

MetroNet response

Hi Justin! We appreciate your feedback and thank you for choosing MetroNet!

Original review: Sept. 3, 2021

We just moved from one house to another in town, and we got MetroNet again. It’s the best around. I like MetroNet very much. I like their high internet speeds. Every time we had any problem, my husband would call and talk to them. The reps were always nice and walk him through because we're not as tech-savvy as some of the younger kids. We had another provider before MetroNet came to our area and it seemed like the service was always out, and the customer service wasn’t as good.

MetroNet response

Hi Georganna! Thank you for taking the time to give us a review! We're very happy to have you as part of the MetroNet family!

Original review: Sept. 2, 2021

I am absolutely floored by this company. I decided to give them a try and have been regretting the decision from the start. We are a business and for us every missed call is money down the drain. We had everything all hooked up and then realized that the voicemail was not working. Trying to figure out why was a very lengthy and painful process. We finally got it figured out and we were going fine for about a month when we were unable to get into the voicemail and listen to the messages. Again another very lengthy process where they ultimately shut off one of our phone lines. Neither time did they have any clue as to what was going on or how to fix it. We have 2 phone lines and 1 fax line and it seemed to confuse them both times we called in for help. The internet was never working properly as well.

Finally I decided to go back to our previous carrier. I never turned off our service with Metronet because I wanted to wait until it was all switched over and working properly. Metronet took it upon themselves to shut off our service. I just had a customer contact us to say none of our phone lines were working. I can't even imagine how much business we have lost because of Metronet. They charged me over $2000 for a service that did not work. Strongly do NOT recommend.

Hi Rhiannon!

Sorry to hear this has been your experience! Please contact our business customer support team at 833-393-6857 for assistance with this matter.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2021

MetroNet’s been the best service we've had so far. I've always told people to switch to them since we moved two years ago. We had Spectrum, Direct, and Windstream and they all were crap, and their prices were bad. MetroNet is cheaper, and our data seems to be faster than the other networks for the most part. I've also had good customer service with them when I've had to call. It's been pretty easy to deal with them. The only thing we've had issues with is at nighttime between 9:00 and 11:00 we get delays or buffering issues. That's hit-and-miss. Everybody's home at that time, so everybody's doing stuff. It drags a little bit, but it comes back up by the next morning.

MetroNet response

Hi Kara! Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with MetroNet - we appreciate your business! If you have any issues, you can always contact our 24/7 technical support team at 877-407-3224.

Original review: July 28, 2021

What made me decide to go with MetroNet was I was online and I did everything without having to deal with a person. Then, a man came out to put the wire in the house. It was quick and painless and I only had to deal with my kids and dogs freaking out for about 20 minutes.

MetroNet response

Hi Ashley! Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with MetroNet. We appreciate your business!

Original review: July 21, 2021

MetroNet is leaps and bounds better than the providers I had before. I had Comcast for 18 years before I moved and had to get AT&T DSL. MetroNet has a fiber service that gives me a lot more upload as well as that download. I'm a network engineer so this is my area of expertise. Comcast’s network seems to have a little less latency when it comes into play and when dealing with real-time applications like doing Voice over IP or gaming. I noticed a little bit more with MetroNet. Customer service is also good and they always do everything they can to try to take care of me. The one thing I'm waiting on right now is for MetroNet to upgrade their wireless access points to the Wireless 6 Pro.

MetroNet response

Hi Brian! Thank you so much for the review and the excellent feedback about your experience with MetroNet! We thank you for making the switch!

Original review: July 16, 2021

Updated on 07/30/2021: My last review for MetroNet was July 16, and now here I am again. Have had Metronet maybe almost a month. So many issues and nothing yet resolved. We have had technicians out maybe 3 times and my husband has been on the phone to customer service 8 or more times. Tv works for a couple days and then my other 3 tvs get no signal. Technician comes out, fixes it and within a couple days back to problems again. My internet seems to connect and disconnect continuously.

My husband was on the phone again this morning with a technician, did everything he said and once again it worked. Now this evening 3 tvs had no signal and internet not connecting like it should. My husband has now refused to call a technician because he is tired of running around to each tv to fix. Just when will we get a solution already, I am truly so disgusted that these issues can't be solved. We shouldn't have to pay for no internet and tvs that aren't working. We are in our 70's, and my husband should not have to be running around to each tv to unplug or reset these things. I would really like something to be accomplished already. Never have we had complaints against ATT, U-verse or DIRECTV, except for the rising prices. I don't care if someone is here all day to fix these issues, but PLEASE, get something done already.

Original: We have had Metronet for a little over 2 weeks. Only 1 of our 4 tvs works. Internet is sporadic, with messages, not connected to internet. We have had technicians out 3 times now. Tvs work for a couple days, then they are out again with no signal message. My husband has talked to customer service now 8 times, over an hour each time. He is tired of running back and forth connecting and disconnecting boxes, things he knows nothing about. We are in our 70's and don't really know that much about the technology that is involved. We have not had all tvs working for more than 2 days. My internet is sporadic with messages telling me, no internet connection. I cannot really complain about the technicians who came out, nor the people my husband talked to on the phone. I just want these problems fixed already.

MetroNet response

Hi Linda! We can certainly understand your frustration. If you are still experiencing issues, please contact us at 877-407-3224 and let us work to assist you. Our technicians are available 24/7 to help you.

MetroNet Company Information