4.3/5 (103 ratings)

About Metronet

Metronet is the nation’s largest privately owned 100% fiber-optic service provider, offering symmetrical internet speeds of up to 1 Gigabit. We are currently serving or under construction in more than 120 communities in Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, North Carolina, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Ohio, Virginia, and Texas with state-of-art telecommunication services delivered through a 100% fiber optic network. We pride ourselves on our cutting-edge technology combined with industry-leading customer care. Metronet associates live and work in the communities we serve, and it is our goal to provide the best possible customer experience and support to those communities through sponsorships and participation in local events.

Pros

• 24/7 tech support
  • Student discounts
  • Multiple speed options

Cons

• Limited availability
  • No bundle packages

Bottom Line

Metronet is a large internet service provider offering fiber-optic internet, TV and phone service. Supporting cities in the Midwest and South, this company provides fast and reliable service with competitive promotional pricing.

Metronet Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Metronet?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Metronet?

Original review: July 11, 2022

I'm satisfied with everything. The cost is reasonable compared to others for the amount of power. The plan is very good and it's the best service that's offered in this area. The installation and customer service, when I've had to call, are fine. Also, there were few outages. Since we weren't in the home for a month, MetroNet held our subscription for $5 a month, and reconnected it when we got back in. They were very accommodating.

Metronet response

Hi Kathryn! Thanks for sharing you experience and thanks for choosing Metronet!

Original review: July 2, 2022

I haven’t had any downtime since I’ve been with MetroNet. We are 1 gig and we’ve been very happy with it.

Metronet response

Hi Paula! Thanks for taking the time to give us a review - we're happy you're happy!

Original review: June 29, 2022

Tech department was helpful and set up time and repair. They were understanding and reassured us Metronet will be there as soon as possible. Very nice and explained everything and answered our questions. Made sure everything was good and working the way it should.

Metronet response

Hi Bonnie! Thanks for the 5 stars - we're happy you're happy!

Original review: June 23, 2022

MetroNet had really good offers in the beginning, and the speed and service were really good. I want to talk to them about possibly getting a better offer though, because I thought it was going to be around 60 bucks a month, but it is $80 a month.

Metronet response

Hi Lisa! We'd be happy to discuss ways to lower your monthly bill. Chat with us online at www.metronet.com, email us at customer_service@metronet.com, or give us a call at 877-407-3224.

Original review: June 22, 2022

The customer service is good. The installer that came out was very good. I was kind of an annoying kind of customer. I asked a lot of questions but he was patient with me. He wanted to make sure that the system was in the right areas. He wanted me to have the best thing. Also, MetroNet's pricing is good. But I don't like the way my yard looks from MetroNet digging it up. They had to bury the line thing and it left a big old ugly scar in my grass. I was excited about the sale part of the process but when I actually had the Wi-Fi, I'm not impressed. I decided to switch because I was sold about the things that it would not gonna do, like buffering. But when I load up stuff, it still buffers. So I don't see any difference with the speed.

Original review: June 21, 2022

Metronet is a good provider. It’s all-optical cables coming in. It’s really fast and reliable. I really like it. I had one issue where the internet went out. The technician came out the next day, found the problem and restored the service. It's been a good experience up to this point.

Original review: June 20, 2022

Metronet's service is good. However, I've had problems with them burying the wires in the ground. They had to re-dig the wires twice and it took quite a while for them to come out. The first time, it took them two weeks for them to come out, and the second time, it took three weeks. But that was the only hiccup that I've had with them. I love the service. I also love the fact that I can call and speak to someone within this country instead of being outsourced, and the fact that they have an office nearby. They also have great quality as far as internet and customer support is very helpful.

Original review: June 19, 2022

I’m happy with the phone and internet. But the cable, not so much. Just constant, bad service going in and out, disruption, bad picture. Then, it always flashes up the blue screen that says, “Don't worry. We're aware of the problem and working on it. Sorry for the inconvenience.” I also had a lot of problems with my internet. I’ve spoken with the service reps at MetroNet and the techs, and had them out to my house several times. Some of the reps weren’t so good. But the techs that came out to the house were really good.

Original review: June 18, 2022

We experienced one little snafu with Metronet and that was getting the cable buried. When they buried my neighbor’s, they cut mine. When they buried mine, they cut my neighbor’s. So they came out one day and did both of them at the same time, made sure they didn't cut either one. Other than that, everything has been great. Connection and speed are very good.

Original review: June 17, 2022

It's been great with Metronet. It's super easy to use. Their service was really quick during installation and I liked that they had installed the new cables. It was a fiber Internet.

Original review: June 16, 2022

MetroNet has been a lot better considering the speeds are constant, versus where my previous provider was all the time. One day, it was one speed. One day, it was another. Also, the service has been outstanding. I'm very pleased. I won't go anywhere. Sometimes I get someone that doesn't have the service, and I like to brag about it. And I get a couple that does have the service, and I still like to brag about it.

Metronet response

Thanks for the 5 stars and thanks for making the switch to Metronet!

Original review: June 15, 2022

I love using MetroNet's internet and the customer service has always been great. I have recommended MetroNet to people all the time. The downside is we don't have a MetroNet building here anymore so it's been hard to pay our bill on time.

Metronet response

Hi Johnathan! Thanks for the 5 stars and for taking the time to share your Metronet experience. We have many ways for you to submit your payment. You can pay online at https://portal.metronetinc.com/, by phone by calling 877-407-3224. You can also pay your bill by using the MyMetronet Portal mobile app in the App store or Google Play Store.

Original review: June 3, 2022

I had a horrible experience with Mediacom and everybody has been raving about MetroNet. I switched my internet service to MetroNet and it's been great so far. The price and the service are hands-down better than anything I've ever had. Everybody has been great to work with.

Metronet response

Hi Sarah! Thanks for the 5 stars and thanks for the feedback! We're happy you're happy!

Original review: June 1, 2022

So glad I switched to Metronet!! Your company has been outstanding. Your customer service is top notch & my installer was very informative & professional. I have no issues now with Internet, streaming tv or home phone. I highly recommend Metronet. I am also paying less than I did with my previous internet/phone service.

Metronet response

Hi Patricia! Thanks for the review and thanks for making the switch to Metronet!

Original review: June 1, 2022

Happy with the installer and the service. The only downfall is the fiber optic line/wire has yet to be put underground. I am waiting to mow my grass until it is and am hoping that it is in the next week as my grass is growing like crazy from all the rain.

Metronet response

Hi Marshall! Thanks for taking the time to give us a review! We'd be happy to look into the line bury for you. Chat with us online at metronet.com, email us at customer_service@metronet.com, or give us a call at 877-407-3224.

Original review: June 1, 2022

About 1 month and a half ago I accidentally cut the cable. The new cable line has not been buried yet! Waiting patiently for it to be buried again before I cut it again. I did call last week to make sure my name is on the list for the line to be buried. They assured me it was, but nothing has happened as of yet.

Metronet response

Hi Dave! Our crews are working hard to get all the lines buried as quickly as possible. We'd be happy to check on the status of your line bury. Chat with us online at metronet.com, email us at customer_service@metronet.com, or give us a call at 877-407-3224. You can also direct or private message us on Facebook or Twitter. Search for MetronetFiber.

Original review: June 1, 2022

Everyone that I have had contact with has been very polite, patient and knowledgeable... I have been very happy with the service, tv reception and internet. Thank you Metronet. I spent some time talking with a girl from Jamaica who was very kind and patient.

Metronet response

Hi Barbara! Thanks for the 5 stars and thanks for taking the time to share your Metronet experience. We're happy you're happy!

Original review: June 1, 2022

Metronet has been amazing since day 1 of service. I stream and compete in esports and have never once had an issue. I get alerts about maintenance updates and outages before and when they happen which is beneficial to me when working from home. If you're not using Metronet, you doing internet wrong.

Metronet response

Hi Drew! Thanks for sharing your Metronet experience and thanks for choosing Metronet!

Original review: June 1, 2022

Since having MetroNet installed we have experienced several outages due to damage done to the fiberoptic cable. Every time that I called to report the outage the customer service technician I spoke with was professional, empathetic, and diligently worked to get our service restored in a timely manner. The service technicians that responded and made the necessary repairs were top-notch, quickly and efficiently resolving our issues, taking the time to explain what happened and how the situation was remedied. Overall, we are very happy with changing our service provider to MetroNet for value and customer service.

Metronet response

Hi Bryan! Thanks for the review and thanks for making the switch to Metronet!

Original review: June 1, 2022

They will tell you it's one price with these promos for a year and they didn't even add my promo. I had to call and complain. Then they added them and 4 months later my price went up another 5$. Then another 6 months it went up another $10 so they just constantly take price higher and higher for no reason. I'd recommend going somewhere that didn't do this. Other places offer discounts for disabled ppl or people on food stamps or lower income. This place doesn't try to help. I've had a wire down in my hard for about 8 months. Called them 3 times. They just show up. Say it's not their cord and leave it. They don't do anything. Bad service and internet will go out for a weekend with no notice, no contact to tell ppl what's happening. You have to call, sit on the phone for 30 mins to talk to someone for them to take 20 mins to tell you that they have service down for the whole state as of right now and can't tell you anything else. It's a joke sometimes.

Metronet response

Hi Nicholas! This is not the experience we want for our customers. You can also chat with us online at metronet.com, email us at customer_service@metronet.com, or give us a call at 877-407-3224. You can also direct or private message us on Facebook or Twitter. Search for MetronetFiber.

Original review: June 1, 2022

We have MetroNet's cable and phone. I'm satisfied because everything works.

Metronet response

Hi Frances! Thanks for the feedback!

Original review: May 31, 2022

They came in and did the install for the internet. They put some boxes in my living room and I have options to move it around a little bit. Having MetroNet, I have choices which is nice to not have to be glued to a TV. It's nice that the shows are just there whenever you want them.

Metronet response

Hi Margaret! Thanks for the review!

Original review: May 24, 2022

The sales rep got my TV down and internet down to $184 so I took that deal and let my previous provider go. The quality of service is good but the TV sucks. It goes out constantly and disconnects from the internet. They brought me another box but that went out and they brought a third box. I call the number on the back of one of those plugins and they get right on it. One night, I called them at three o'clock in the morning. They worked with me very nicely, although I called up raising hell. They've all been very professional and they talk good.

Metronet response

Hi David! Thanks for taking time to give us a review and thanks for choosing Metronet!

Original review: May 23, 2022

I got the TV and the internet with MetroNet and I feel good about them. When they put the service up, it was great. I've only had one to come up because I was re-siding my house and I needed him to take the box off while we put the siding on, then put it back on. They had the siding off all the way around the box. When the rep came, he stayed here till they put the siding on so he could put it back on without having to do a second call, and that was great. The only thing is that with live TV, the sound and the picture don't match up occasionally. It will catch up eventually but a lot of times, I rewind and forward a lot. And for some of it, it will catch up if I quit playing around with it. Other than that, they're very reliable.

Metronet response

Hi Dana! Thanks for the review and thanks for choosing Metronet!

Original review: May 22, 2022

Since I’ve had MetroNet, I haven’t had any problems and I haven't ever had to contact them. I would recommend them because I’m very happy with them.

Metronet response

Thanks James! We're happy you're happy and thanks for choosing Metronet.

Original review: May 21, 2022

MetroNet is the better service than a cable-based one because they have fiber and they're rolling that out directly to the house, which is by far the best solution. A lot of internet providers do not have good upload speeds and that was a big deal for me. Their team is fabulous. I only ever spend less than five minutes on the phone. They always know what to do and get my problem solved.

Metronet response

Hi Nathan! Thanks for the 5 stars and thanks for choosing Metronet!

Original review: May 20, 2022

MetroNet has professional service. The guy that came and installed showed me how to use the app, to work the internet. If your kid is on punishment, instead of taking their device, you can turn them off the internet anywhere you are. MetroNet is better and high speed. We had a bad hurricane, but I was still able to watch TV and my internet didn't budge. I had called them out because something had happened and the service wasn't working. They came out right away and fixed the problems.

Metronet response

Hi Shamika! Thanks for the 5 stars and thanks for choosing Metronet!

Original review: May 19, 2022

Metronet was in my backyard quite a bit installing a hub. I got their internet. I've had them for a few months and it's been good. It's much better than what I had with Spectrum.

Metronet response

Hi Martin! Thanks for making the switch to Metronet!

Original review: May 12, 2022

My experience with MetroNet, from customer service to the techs that came out and hooked up my system, was excellent. The only issue I had was the subcontractors that came out after to bury the line kicked some dirt over it. It was cut a couple of times. But that wasn't the fault of MetroNet. I've already gotten five or six people to change over to MetroNet. I had Comcast and they were a nightmare to deal with.

Hi Eric!

Thanks for taking time to share your Metronet experience and thanks for making the switch!

Original review: May 11, 2022

When I talked to a representative at MetroNet, I liked everything I heard and I've been happy with their service ever since. The quality has been fantastic. I use it for streaming a lot and I use it for my phone. I've had a few equipment problems and when I called, they were quick to come out and fix them. Also, I had a problem with my router and they changed it. They said it was an upgraded router. There was a different version and the new one they put in worked better. They've always been very helpful and very informative.

Hi Matthew!

Thanks so much for sharing your Metronet experience and thanks for being a Metronet customer.

Metronet Company Information