4.4/5 (147 ratings)

About Metronet

Metronet is the nation’s largest privately owned 100% fiber-optic service provider, offering symmetrical internet speeds of up to 1 Gigabit. We are currently serving or under construction in more than 120 communities in Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, North Carolina, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Ohio, Virginia, and Texas with state-of-art telecommunication services delivered through a 100% fiber optic network. We pride ourselves on our cutting-edge technology combined with industry-leading customer care. Metronet associates live and work in the communities we serve, and it is our goal to provide the best possible customer experience and support to those communities through sponsorships and participation in local events.

Pros

• 24/7 tech support
  • Student discounts
  • Multiple speed options

Cons

• Limited availability
  • No bundle packages

Bottom Line

Metronet is a large internet service provider offering fiber-optic internet, TV and phone service. Supporting cities in the Midwest and South, this company provides fast and reliable service with competitive promotional pricing.

Metronet Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Metronet?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Metronet?

Original review: June 1, 2022

So glad I switched to Metronet!! Your company has been outstanding. Your customer service is top notch & my installer was very informative & professional. I have no issues now with Internet, streaming tv or home phone. I highly recommend Metronet. I am also paying less than I did with my previous internet/phone service.

Metronet response

Hi Patricia! Thanks for the review and thanks for making the switch to Metronet!

Original review: June 1, 2022

Happy with the installer and the service. The only downfall is the fiber optic line/wire has yet to be put underground. I am waiting to mow my grass until it is and am hoping that it is in the next week as my grass is growing like crazy from all the rain.

Metronet response

Hi Marshall! Thanks for taking the time to give us a review! We'd be happy to look into the line bury for you. Chat with us online at metronet.com, email us at customer_service@metronet.com, or give us a call at 877-407-3224.

Original review: June 1, 2022

About 1 month and a half ago I accidentally cut the cable. The new cable line has not been buried yet! Waiting patiently for it to be buried again before I cut it again. I did call last week to make sure my name is on the list for the line to be buried. They assured me it was, but nothing has happened as of yet.

Metronet response

Hi Dave! Our crews are working hard to get all the lines buried as quickly as possible. We'd be happy to check on the status of your line bury. Chat with us online at metronet.com, email us at customer_service@metronet.com, or give us a call at 877-407-3224. You can also direct or private message us on Facebook or Twitter. Search for MetronetFiber.

Original review: June 1, 2022

Everyone that I have had contact with has been very polite, patient and knowledgeable... I have been very happy with the service, tv reception and internet. Thank you Metronet. I spent some time talking with a girl from Jamaica who was very kind and patient.

Metronet response

Hi Barbara! Thanks for the 5 stars and thanks for taking the time to share your Metronet experience. We're happy you're happy!

Original review: June 1, 2022

Metronet has been amazing since day 1 of service. I stream and compete in esports and have never once had an issue. I get alerts about maintenance updates and outages before and when they happen which is beneficial to me when working from home. If you're not using Metronet, you doing internet wrong.

Metronet response

Hi Drew! Thanks for sharing your Metronet experience and thanks for choosing Metronet!

Original review: June 1, 2022

Since having MetroNet installed we have experienced several outages due to damage done to the fiberoptic cable. Every time that I called to report the outage the customer service technician I spoke with was professional, empathetic, and diligently worked to get our service restored in a timely manner. The service technicians that responded and made the necessary repairs were top-notch, quickly and efficiently resolving our issues, taking the time to explain what happened and how the situation was remedied. Overall, we are very happy with changing our service provider to MetroNet for value and customer service.

Metronet response

Hi Bryan! Thanks for the review and thanks for making the switch to Metronet!

Original review: June 1, 2022

They will tell you it's one price with these promos for a year and they didn't even add my promo. I had to call and complain. Then they added them and 4 months later my price went up another 5$. Then another 6 months it went up another $10 so they just constantly take price higher and higher for no reason. I'd recommend going somewhere that didn't do this. Other places offer discounts for disabled ppl or people on food stamps or lower income. This place doesn't try to help. I've had a wire down in my hard for about 8 months. Called them 3 times. They just show up. Say it's not their cord and leave it. They don't do anything. Bad service and internet will go out for a weekend with no notice, no contact to tell ppl what's happening. You have to call, sit on the phone for 30 mins to talk to someone for them to take 20 mins to tell you that they have service down for the whole state as of right now and can't tell you anything else. It's a joke sometimes.

Metronet response

Hi Nicholas! This is not the experience we want for our customers. You can also chat with us online at metronet.com, email us at customer_service@metronet.com, or give us a call at 877-407-3224. You can also direct or private message us on Facebook or Twitter. Search for MetronetFiber.

Original review: June 1, 2022

We have MetroNet's cable and phone. I'm satisfied because everything works.

Metronet response

Hi Frances! Thanks for the feedback!

Original review: May 31, 2022

They came in and did the install for the internet. They put some boxes in my living room and I have options to move it around a little bit. Having MetroNet, I have choices which is nice to not have to be glued to a TV. It's nice that the shows are just there whenever you want them.

Metronet response

Hi Margaret! Thanks for the review!

Original review: May 24, 2022

The sales rep got my TV down and internet down to $184 so I took that deal and let my previous provider go. The quality of service is good but the TV sucks. It goes out constantly and disconnects from the internet. They brought me another box but that went out and they brought a third box. I call the number on the back of one of those plugins and they get right on it. One night, I called them at three o'clock in the morning. They worked with me very nicely, although I called up raising hell. They've all been very professional and they talk good.

Metronet response

Hi David! Thanks for taking time to give us a review and thanks for choosing Metronet!

Original review: May 23, 2022

I got the TV and the internet with MetroNet and I feel good about them. When they put the service up, it was great. I've only had one to come up because I was re-siding my house and I needed him to take the box off while we put the siding on, then put it back on. They had the siding off all the way around the box. When the rep came, he stayed here till they put the siding on so he could put it back on without having to do a second call, and that was great. The only thing is that with live TV, the sound and the picture don't match up occasionally. It will catch up eventually but a lot of times, I rewind and forward a lot. And for some of it, it will catch up if I quit playing around with it. Other than that, they're very reliable.

Metronet response

Hi Dana! Thanks for the review and thanks for choosing Metronet!

Original review: May 22, 2022

Since I’ve had MetroNet, I haven’t had any problems and I haven't ever had to contact them. I would recommend them because I’m very happy with them.

Metronet response

Thanks James! We're happy you're happy and thanks for choosing Metronet.

Original review: May 21, 2022

MetroNet is the better service than a cable-based one because they have fiber and they're rolling that out directly to the house, which is by far the best solution. A lot of internet providers do not have good upload speeds and that was a big deal for me. Their team is fabulous. I only ever spend less than five minutes on the phone. They always know what to do and get my problem solved.

Metronet response

Hi Nathan! Thanks for the 5 stars and thanks for choosing Metronet!

Original review: May 20, 2022

MetroNet has professional service. The guy that came and installed showed me how to use the app, to work the internet. If your kid is on punishment, instead of taking their device, you can turn them off the internet anywhere you are. MetroNet is better and high speed. We had a bad hurricane, but I was still able to watch TV and my internet didn't budge. I had called them out because something had happened and the service wasn't working. They came out right away and fixed the problems.

Metronet response

Hi Shamika! Thanks for the 5 stars and thanks for choosing Metronet!

Original review: May 19, 2022

Metronet was in my backyard quite a bit installing a hub. I got their internet. I've had them for a few months and it's been good. It's much better than what I had with Spectrum.

Metronet response

Hi Martin! Thanks for making the switch to Metronet!

Original review: May 12, 2022

My experience with MetroNet, from customer service to the techs that came out and hooked up my system, was excellent. The only issue I had was the subcontractors that came out after to bury the line kicked some dirt over it. It was cut a couple of times. But that wasn't the fault of MetroNet. I've already gotten five or six people to change over to MetroNet. I had Comcast and they were a nightmare to deal with.

Hi Eric!

Thanks for taking time to share your Metronet experience and thanks for making the switch!

Original review: May 11, 2022

When I talked to a representative at MetroNet, I liked everything I heard and I've been happy with their service ever since. The quality has been fantastic. I use it for streaming a lot and I use it for my phone. I've had a few equipment problems and when I called, they were quick to come out and fix them. Also, I had a problem with my router and they changed it. They said it was an upgraded router. There was a different version and the new one they put in worked better. They've always been very helpful and very informative.

Hi Matthew!

Thanks so much for sharing your Metronet experience and thanks for being a Metronet customer.

Original review: May 10, 2022

MetroNet's reps have been fantastic. The first day we had it, it was down for a couple of hours. But they told us that they had an issue and they were working on the situation. They were out working in front of our house and they had it right back up shortly. Also, I called in reference to a subscription that I had on streaming TV and the lady that mentioned it was very nice. She provided all the information I needed, even made some recommendations, and solved my issue.

Metronet response

Hi Walter! Thanks for the 5 stars and thanks for sharing your feedback! We appreciate your business.

Original review: May 9, 2022

MetroNet is much better than our previous provider because they brought Fiber to our neighborhood. Also, the quality of service is great. My husband and I both work from home so we use it all day, every day.

Metronet response

Hi Julia! Thanks for sharing your Metronet experience. We're happy you're happy!

Original review: May 8, 2022

My service has been great. Get MetroNet because they're very reliable. I had the interior of my house painted in January and the painters moved the table that held the computer and the MetroNet connection. In the process, they cut it because they were moving things everywhere. After they left, I realized I didn't have internet. I called MetroNet and they sent somebody out pretty soon and the tech fixed it. Also, with them, I don't have to worry about storms. I'm very pleased.

Metronet response

Hi Janice! Thanks for the 5 stars and for the excellent feedback.

Original review: May 7, 2022

I was promised service for $69.99 plus a small amount of tax...no hidden fees. "Whole home wifi" was advertised as free for one year. Instead, then added $10 for whole home wifi and $10 for "Technology Fee." I tried to cancel and was told to take the equipment to UPS store, where it would be packaged and mailed for free, before my service could be cancelled. Unfortunately, I had signed up for auto payments from my bank account. Metronet's website would not allow me to cancel. Not only did they continue to charge me for the whole month, but they charged me $147, for service that was supposed to be $70 a month! I convinced my bank to block any further payments to them, or I don't suspect I would ever stop being charged.

Metronet response

Hi Michael! This is not how our cancellation process works and we apologize if there was any miscommunication about the process. Please chat with us online at www.metronet.com, email us at customer_service@metronet.com, or give us a all at 877-407-3224 and allow us to look into this for you!

Original review: May 7, 2022

When I first got my internet with Metronet, it ran super fast and was in the 300s for download and upload. Now, it still runs and most of the time, my streaming TV is working fine. Sometimes, it goes out. It’s blinking then it picks back up. The download right now is 171 and the upload is 241, which are still good speeds. It's just my internet is no longer as fast as before.

The cost ended up being a little more than what I was paying AT&T. But it’s way better and faster than AT&T. Metronet is more direct and it’s good internet. They keep sending me ad advisory that the internet is down and they’re working on it. But mine never goes down during those times. The only other issue I had with them was I was supposed to get the first month free and the free installation but they charged me for both. I had to call them up and they had to refund it. Other than that, I recommended Metronet to my neighbor that had Spectrum. He thinks Metronet is they’re much faster than Spectrum and he's not having trouble either.

Metronet response

Hi Arlene! Thanks for sharing your Metronet experience. Our 24/7 technical support team is available to assist you at 877-407-3224. Please give them a call to troubleshoot any speed issues you may be experiencing.

Original review: May 6, 2022

I have internet with Metronet and the service has been great. I've worked with two of the guys and they were both knowledgeable. They got the job done. For fiber optic internet, MetroNet is a great price and they're always there to help. They're quick to get things fixed.

Metronet response

Hi Tyler! Thanks for sharing your Metronet experience - we're happy you're happy!

Original review: May 5, 2022

My wife works for a hospital so it’s very important for us to have internet. I usually have to call Metronet when I have issues and they’re usually there either the same day, the next day or the day after. It's a pretty quick response. Customer service was great. People answered my phone call and were very helpful. They did everything they could to get everything taken care of for me. I had a couple of service issues early in the system and eventually started to realize that I had to do my own type of protecting the cable. Apparently, whoever buries the cable isn't getting it low enough. Once I got that sorted out, I haven't had any internet connection issues.

The quality of service is good. Cost is about average like everything else I pay. The only thing I don’t like is the fact that I have to pay an additional $10 to have a public IP address, which is annoying. Normally, I wouldn’t have to pay. With every other internet company I’ve ever had, I always had a public IP address. I have to have a public IP for access to my home automation system, cameras, security, and all that stuff. Other than that I’d recommend Metronet.

Metronet response

Hi Jorge! We are so happy to hear about your positive experience with our services. Thank you for trusting us with your business!

Original review: May 4, 2022

I got internet and it was 105. I spoke with somebody here a couple of weeks ago and they were able to give me another promotion down to 70 some dollars a month. At the very beginning, we had a little hiccup about the installation. Other than that, my overall service has been great and I'm very satisfied. I had to call them due to me forgetting to pay and not being able to pay. The service is about to be shut off here soon due to nonpayment. As soon as I’m able to get the funds, I’m definitely gonna pay Metronet to continue the services. Based on paying a month in advance, they gave me a number for a service where I can fill out the information. I just had to call in and they would take $30 off my monthly bill for proof for that type of service.

Metronet response

Hi Jon! Thanks for sharing your Metronet experience. We sincerely appreciate your business!

Original review: April 26, 2022

I like MetroNet's services. The price is better. Also, I don't have extended periods of outages.

Metronet response

Hi Joshua! Thanks for sharing your Metronet experience and thanks for choosing Metronet!

Original review: April 16, 2022

The two gentlemen who came and hooked us up were very friendly and knowledgeable. I appreciated that. They were able to get in and out with not a lot of time spent. They asked if I had any questions but at the time, I didn't think that I had to re-hook up my Roku, which didn't work quite right after they left. But it works now. As far as speed goes, MetroNet is better than the previous provider that I had. The quality of service and the price are better too. People ought to try it out. We've been satisfied. If there was a way to give us some sort of cable status at a very low price, that would be a help. Because there are streaming companies who require you to have cable TV and I don't want to have cable TV again, per se. But if I could get something for X dollars a month that I find reasonable, that would help me get things like Fox News.

Metronet response

Hi Chris! Thanks for sharing your Metronet experience! We're happy you're happy!

Original review: April 15, 2022

A lot of times, I'd be watching TV and I would lose internet service. Then, all those times that they were fixing on the server or I was without internet, they don't deduct that from the bill. They still charge me what they say they're gonna charge me and I don't like that. At any given moment, I can be without internet and for that reason, I've considered going back to my previous provider. They need to do something about that because they’re gonna lose customers because of that. But other than that, every time I call, I get an answer and I speak to a human and they are cordial. Whether it be the office or troubleshooting, they are always nice.

Metronet response

Hi Pearl! Sorry to hear you have experience service disruptions. Our 24/7 technical support team is always available to help at 877-407-3224.

Original review: April 13, 2022

My internet connection is very good. I had an issue a month ago where the fiber cord broke. They came out timely and even brought an extra cord with them for if the issue happens again.

Metronet response

Hi Sheila! Thanks for the 5 stars and for taking time to give us a review!

Original review: April 12, 2022

Greatest bunch of phone support I've ever dealt with. All the technicians have been so helpful. We haven't had technicians here for several years because they solved all our problems. Every time I've called, I've talked to someone whom I could understand and who was very friendly and helpful. They're a United States-based company.

Metronet response

Hi Robert! Thanks for sharing your Metronet experience and thanks for choosing Metronet!

Metronet Company Information