Accredited Partner

Learn More
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.60/5

Mediacom Communications offers best​-​in​-​class technology across rural America.​ ​With the fastest in-home WiFi, TiVo® DVR, 1 Gig Speed and so much more - customers are guaranteed to have a superior in-home entertainment experience. One of the fastest internet speed providers across their footprint; Netflix® has ranked Mediacom one of the top internet providers in April 2016. As the world becomes more technologically advanced so does Mediacom, investing millions into a nationwide fiber optic infrastructure so small town America will get to enjoy the most advanced Digital TV, High Speed Internet, and Digital Phone service for years to come. Hop on the super speedway and visit ​Mediacomcable.com​ to get the best in TV & Internet service today!

Mediacom Cable Learn More

Mediacom Cable Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Oct. 10, 2019

I was told last week I had an appointment from 10 am to 12. Wednesday 10 -2. Waited and no one came. This week had one confirmed for tuesday 1 pm 3 pm. No one came. Now they are saying 10-19. Look half the month will be over if they come then. Very disappointed with this service. My signal internet is poor and my security cameras will not work right.

Good afternoon David,

We sincerely apologize about your experience and any service issues that might be occurring. Upon looking at the account, it looks like a service tech was out there yesterday to conduct repairs. We are now just waiting for our maintenance team to work on signal levels outside of the home. We will keep an eye on things and acquire a resolution for you.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2019

We have internet service through Mediacom. Their customer service reps have been professional and courteous. We've had good quality service thus far.

Good afternoon David,

Thank you for your review and valued Mediacom business as it is greatly appreciated. We are happy to hear that our customer service representatives have been professional, courteous, and that the quality of service has been good thus far. If you have any problems at all, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us. Have a wonderful day!

Original review: Oct. 10, 2019

I would recommend Mediacom to friends. It was good service. It’s just that the timing wasn’t right. I haven’t used Mediacom before, and I wanted to try it out. It was pretty good set-up, too. I liked it. It’s just that I had it going with a roommate, and he bailed out on me. And so then I couldn’t pay it. I called them and told them to turn it off, so that I could have it again when I can get it again on a better deal.

I’ve been trying to return it, and I can’t get it returned. They closed the office here. On the 27th of last month, they closed it. I didn’t know that. And then when I went down on the 28th to turn my machines in, I couldn’t get them turned in. So I called them back and they said they were gonna send me boxes, and they didn’t. I called them back, and they said they’re gonna send me boxes, and they haven’t. Also, somebody’s supposed to be coming to my house today to pick up some of the equipment. Other than that, I really liked the service. I had Internet, cable, and telephone with Mediacom. The telephone was kinda screwed-up. It didn’t work that well. People would call and you wouldn’t hear their voice, or it would call and it would just make weird noises. The TV was great though.

Good Afternoon Cathy,
Thank you for taking my call and for your wonderful review. I am showing that your boxes should arrive to your home on 10/21. I do apologize for the delay. I know that Fed Ex has had to change some of their routes due to the fires in California. If you do not see them on 10/21/2019 please call our customer service department. Mediacom appreciates your business. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

Today was the first day I was able to hook to it because I have a Polycom phone that would repeatedly ring. When I called for tech support they were not able to help. I hopefully will be able to work tomorrow.

Good afternoon Patricia,

We would like to look at things and assists you. Would you be able to provide us your service address or account number? We would like to troubleshoot and verify everything on the account. If you have our internet service, we can tell you if the modem is online and registered properly. We do not have much support for Polycom phones because all we do is provide the internet to your home. We look forward to hearing from you, so we can clear things up.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

I have called twice to request installation at my newly built home and both times no one showed up! Going with another provider for services. Wish I could provide you with more meaningful words but when no one shows up when they said they would there is just not a lot to say other than Mediacom apparently doesn't care about customer service nor apparently needs another account from me.

Good afternoon Robin,

We sincerely apologize about your experience. Upon looking on the account, we see a serviceability request to see if the address you’re moving too is serviceable. This is a request to survey the site or area to make sure we could get Mediacom services to your new home. It has been deemed serviceable. We are just needing you to call in, so we can discuss what bundle/package you would want. You may call us anytime at 855-633-4226 to see what we have available and how soon we could get you installed. Have a good day!

Christian

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mediacom Cable?

Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

James would not give up until he solved our tiling issues with our HD channels. James is a #1 superior superhero!!! He is awesome! Please stay with Mediacom! There are many Mediacom users that need someone like you to get the help they need. Keep up the excellent work! Thank you James! Libby and Lenny

Good afternoon Libby,

Thank you for your review and value Mediacom business as it is greatly appreciated. We are happy to hear James was able to assist you with your issue and wouldn’t give up until it was. I am sure he will love these kind words. We will make sure to compliment him for his great efforts. If you have any further issues, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us. You and Lenny have a wonderful day!

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairsRated with 2 stars
Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

No explanation as to why I had to go thru Wednesday night, all day Thursday and up until Friday @ noon without a house phone. They could have waited until Friday to cut the phone off when the rest of the work was done. Also, the installer was kind of in a hurry so he wrote his name and cell no. down for me and said to text him if I had any questions or any problems. I texted him the same day w/ questions & concerns and needless to say he never responded. After about 3 or 4 days I called the salesman who did a very good job of selling me the product. He answered and said he would call me back but it has been a week and he hasn't called me back yet. All of this activity makes me wonder what type of customer service I can expect from Mediacom in the future. It appears that once you sign up you are on your own - they don't care anymore! NOT GOOD!!!!

Good Afternoon Gloria,
Thank you for taking my call today. I am glad to hear your phone services are now working properly for you. I am sorry you had a problem with loosing, the phone before your service was officially set up with Mediacom. It was a pleasure helping you today with your TiVo services. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please never hesitate to reach out to our customer care department. I apologize that the technician and sales agent were not more of an assistance to you. Mediacom appreciates your business.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

Our amount increased quite a lot, so I called and the person I spoke to was very helpful and our amount was lowered. I appreciate Mediacom helping us out. We have been with you for years and have had no problems. So Thank You.

Good afternoon Carolyn,

Thank you for your review and valued Mediacom business as it is greatly appreciated. We are happy to hear that our representative was able to assist you, very helpful, and got your service rate lowered. If you have any other issues, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us. Have a great day!

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairsRated with 2 stars
Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

I had a cable pulled down by a tractor as my cable is in the air across a road. I called it in on a Saturday, I expressed the urgency as I work from the home (loss of income) and my wife has health issues in which we use the internet. Someone was due out Saturday, never showed, Sunday, never showed, Tuesday, never showed, as I was told by dispatch. The techs (there was 2 of them, outstanding techs, great job) finally showed up on a Friday around 230 pm. One dispatcher told me my bill will be adjusted. I guess I have to wait and see. I know I'm not the only customer with a cable down, but I was truthful in my expression of urgency. I just think 6 days is too long to get a repair done. Stan **

Good Afternoon Stan,
I do apologize for the delay in your cable being repaired. We do show credits were issued for the time you had no service. We do offer commercial accounts that have a quicker turn around for repair. We would be happy to discuss these options with you. We know more and more of our customers internet services are becoming a necessity. We hope all is well with you and your wife. Mediacom appreciates your business.

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairsRated with 1 star
Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

Bury Cable from Post to House. It's been about 2 Months, two times a date was set for it to be done but no one came and no phone calls. We are still waiting!!! Hope they will come soon. We have always had good service in the past, I am sure the crew has been pretty busy and the work will be done soon. Hopefully. Thank you, Paul

Good Afternoon Paul,
I do apologize for the delay on the cable being buried. I show it has been sent over to a buried contractor. I will watch the account it should be completed no later than 11-02-2019. We wait for the area to flagged for the utilities in your area and then the contractor will come in a couple of days later to bury the cable. Thank you for your patience in this process. Mediacom appreciates your business.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

The techs who have come out to the house have been great. I switched from Directv because of the loss of channels. Mediacom needs to get a better remote. Being all black makes it very difficult to read if you are watching TV at night in bed with the lights out. Also the list of all the channels should be in alphabetical order rather than numerical order. Numerical does not help at all because you do not know the channel number.

Good afternoon Pamela,

Thank you for choosing us as your preferred service provider as it is greatly appreciated. We sincerely apologize about the concerns you’ve mentioned. I will relay the feedback to ours teams and Tivos as well. If I can find out about any bigger remotes that may be compatible with Tivo, I will let you know. I am currently mailing you out documents for the channel lineup in your region and a quick start guide on how-to use the remote. I hope they will help and if you have any other issues, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us. Have a good day!

Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

The young man who made this service call phoned the house just before he arrived to confirm that I was still expecting him. He briefed me on what he needed to do to work through the problem. This service call was a very fine, professional piece of work.

Good afternoon Richard,

Thank you for your review and valued Mediacom business as it is greatly appreciated. We are happy to hear the technician pre-called, briefed you on the issues, and was able to get things resolve for you. If you have any further problems, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us. Have a great day!

Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

Called about $30 increase on bill and discovered that a yearly promo had expired which I had not been told about when I signed up. No new promo available without signing a 2 year contract with only one year at a special price. The agent was very nice and apologetic. Considering other options but they are few where we live.

Good Afternoon Donna,
I do apologize you were not satisfied with any of the offers we had available for you. You are still receiving a discount just not as low as the one you had in the first year. If you were paying full price for your services, it would be $131.48 plus taxes. You are always welcome to call in and we can see if there are any offers available for you to lower your pricing. Mediacom appreciates your business.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

My family had a family reunion vacation at our house at ** the week of 9/7 to 9/14. Two incidents with Mediacom during that week certainly have made me unsatisfied with your customer service, attention to detail, and followup.

1.) Appararently on the night of 9/7, someone in my family tried to download some questionable programs. As a result, Mediacom removed our internet service. What pissed me off was I was not notified nor was any other entity listed on the account. I found out from one of my nephews. When I called in about it, I was preached to about this terrible programming being downloaded. Not once was did your representative apologize that I wasn't notified. I would like Mediacom to send me the documentation in the service agreement that I would have agreed to that prohibits the particular programming discussed above.

2.) The cable leading to our house was exposed on top of the yard. I reported the issue to Mediacom and gave them all the specifics. Just like I knew would happen, a regular technician showed up saying his ticket reported a 'down' cable. He said another 3rd party crew would have to come out and bury the cable & would take about a week! Sad. So, here it is 10/9 now, I'm back at home in NC, and still have not been notified whether the cable was ever buried or not!

Does this look like even respectable customer service and followup? I think you would agree it wasn't. I understand there maybe another choice of carrier in the area, not just Mediacom. I will be researching it. Please e-mail me at ** or call me at **. Andy **

Good afternoon Andy,

We sincerely apologize about your experience. Upon looking at the account, it looks like the account was suspended due to DMCA violations. I will provide the link to the copyright and trademark policy that we follow. The section of disclaimer of liability should also answer some of your concerns mentioned in your review. I have also included a link to our user agreement. Section 5 should also answer some of your concerns too. Also, whenever we replace a service line, we will forward it to a third-party contracting group. They will first mark the area then bury the service line as long as weather is acceptable and if no permits are required within thirty days. Our service log shows your service line was buried on 10/01/19. Again, we do sincerely apologize about the experience and if you have any further concerns, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us. We hope you have a great weekend!

Christian

Copyright and Trademark Policy: https://mediacomcable.com/legal/copyright-and-trademark-policy/

Residential Customer and User Agreement: https://mediacomcable.com/legal/residential-customer-and-user-agreement/

Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

I would like to have the black cable cords on the east side of my condo tucked away so they are not visible going down along the downspout and across the side of the house. The man DID make the front of the house look great (no problems in the front-just the side) but the east side needs to be done better. It is unsightly.

Good Afternoon Mary,
There will be a technician out today to fix your drop on the east side of your residence. You should not need to be present they will just come out. I have asked them if they can try to do the same as the front of the house. I attempted to call you today. I will follow up with you after the visit and make sure it has been resolved. Mediacom appreciates your business.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

Agent was very helpful in adjusting our bill to get us some savings on our monthly bill. We were not aware of any options until a friend suggested we call. If specials are available it would make customers happier if they were aware or offered options.

Good morning Robert,

Thank you for your review and valued Mediacom business as it is greatly appreciated. We are happy to hear that our service agent was very helpful in assisting you. You are always more then welcome to call and inquire about any promotions or specials. I will definitely pass your feedback onto our teams so we can make customers more aware of any specials or offers available. Thank you so much, have a great weekend!

Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

Constant problems since I had service less than 2 months. Timely to get help with problems, then just an apology no results. Rep I talk to actually asked me why I was using Mediacom? Really? Has been nothing but bad. I only expect the service I pay for without trouble. I don't think that's expecting too much. But Mediacom can't seem to do it.

Good afternoon Fred,

We sincerely about apologize about your experience. It looks like we had a completed tech call yesterday. We are hoping things are staying stable and hope everything stays consistent. We will monitor the service here and credit you for the issues. We will also call you around Monday or Tuesday to follow up with you. Have a wonderful weekend!

Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

I was inquiring about adding cable to my internet services again. The agent was very helpful with how much the added services would be and what I would need. I was very pleased with her help and knowledge. She was very pleasant and helpful.

Good morning Tamara,

Thank you for your review and valued Mediacom business as it is greatly appreciated. We are happy to hear that your interaction with one of our agents was very pleasant. We will make sure to compliment her. If you have any further questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to let us know. Have a good day!

Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

My phone and wireless was not working. The tech person on the phone said that there had been a cable outage in my area and when it comes back on sometimes you need to reboot the wireless. I did that and it worked. She stayed on the phone until it was working.

Good morning Christina,

We apologize about the service issues and glad our tech support representative was able to troubleshoot with you and acquire a resolution. We are happy to hear this and if you have any further problems, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us. As always, thanks for your valued Mediacom business as it is greatly appreciated. Have a wonderful day!

Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

My WiFi hasn’t been very good since September 28. There was a storm that knock out WiFi to most of the town I live in and it hasnt been tight since. I went out to the local Mediacom and got a new router, this didn’t really help it still has been going out some days and we have to reset it.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

Spotty internet, pixelated or frozen screen on television, happens on a regular basis. But what do you do when you have no choice? Typical though, your only other choice in our area is satellite and DSL internet. And they wonder why you complain about paying almost $200 a month.

Good afternoon Garnet,

We sincerely apologize about your experience. If we have the correct account here, it looks like we have not had a tech out to your location since October of 2018. If you’re experiencing service issues, we would need to know so we can address the issues and acquire a resolution for you. Also, your service rate shows its around $147.XX per month. You’re not in a contract offer and your promotion is still good for about 6-months. Since you’re not in a contract, you can always rebundle your package or modify it if you would like. Please let us know if you need us to setup a tech call for you or if you want to discuss any other available offers. We look forward to hearing from you. Have a good day!

Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

My internet has been acting up for a month now. I even I had a special request put in and it seem the only thing they did was make the internet worse. Then it takes two weeks for a tech to even come Out and check the problem. I feel like I shouldn’t have to wait that long for somebody to come out and when they do come out they can’t fix anything cause it’s a problem with the outside equipment. I’m paying too much money for me to keep having the same problems over and over. I don’t think anybody want to be without internet for long periods of time.

Good afternoon Justin,

We sincerely apologize about your experience and any service issues that are occurring. We will work on this and keep you updated so we can acquire a resolution. Our main goal is to get things resolve and for you to not be experiencing any of these issues. Thank you very much for your patience, we will keep you updated.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

My internet service isn't very good. We constantly have outages and service interruptions. This has caused me a lot of stress and pain over the last few weeks. I have been a Mediacom customer for a while, but I'm feeling very disappointed.

Good Afternoon Danielle,
I do apologize you have been having service issues. I show that there are no outages or service issues affecting your area today on 10/10/19. If you are still having trouble, please call our customer service department. We would be happy to send a technician out to further investigate. Mediacom appreciates your business.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

Jackie is at Hutchinson office she is the best. She was at work at 8 AM as publicized and took care of our problem perfectly. She is thorough polite and followed through on what she said she would do. She completely solved our problem and explained what caused the issue.

Good morning Alan,

Thank you for your review and valued Mediacom business as it is greatly appreciated. We are happy to hear that Jackie was polite, followed through, and solved your problem. We will make sure to compliment her. If you have any further issues, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us. Have a wonderful day!

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairsRated with 1 star
Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

I had reduced some channels to save money but instead my bill went up fifty dollars. To get to a reasonable bill I had to agree to a two year contract. I don't understand how or why charges have to double after the first year. I get introductory pricing but wouldn't customer retention be better? After I did this other members of my family said I should just switch providers every year. I don't feel this is right but also don't feel that Mediacom values its customers.

Good Afternoon Shannon,
I do apologize for the confusion on your billing. I show after the changes you made your monthly statements are $152.73. Shannon if I look at your billing on 08-19 your monthly charges were $227.65. I am seeing a reduction not an increase. If you have any questions about your bill please contact our customer care department. We would be happy to explain the billing for you. I hope we can be of assistance. Mediacom appreciates your business.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

Very reliable service provider. They have many great offers for new customers but not many for kind standing customers. Been a customer in 3 different homes I have lived in. Even their "retention department" wasn't able to help. Their ads could use to be clearer too.

Good afternoon Edward,

Thank you for your review and valued Mediacom business as it is greatly appreciated. We are happy to hear that we are a very reliable service provider. As far as service pricing, most of our customers either new or existing will pay about the same after year one or two depending on what services a customer may have. Upon looking at your account, you’re not in a contract and the account is current. We can always look at lower price offers for you or if you would like to call in, you may do that as well. We look forward to assisting you. Have a good day!

Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

Carl was so helpful. Corrected some of the issues I have but not all. I would so like to talk to someone and see if we can get all ALL of my problems solved. I so appreciate the help in the MEDIACOM off where I pay my bill.

Good morning Carr family,

We are happy to hear that our representative Carl was so helpful. What other issues are you experiencing that we may address and assist with? We look forward to hearing from you. As always, we greatly appreciate your valued Mediacom business.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

From October 2017 to May 2019 it was great, very dependable. Then from May 2019 on, the only thing I could depend on is that Mediacom will let me down. I had to purchase a cell phone and open an a an account with US Cellular, just to have a dependable means of communication from my house.

Good Afternoon Randall,
We are sorry we lost your business. I show you went with a competitor and disconnected services with us on 09-19-19. I so show we had found some service issues and correct some cabling that was causing noise that would have impacted your service. Hopefully in the future we can win you back as a customer.
We do apologize for the service issues you experienced. Mediacom appreciated your business.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

We had pixeled TV for 10 days. Scheduled a service appointment that took 7 days. The day of appointment service guy called and asked if we still wanted service. Turns out problem was at Mediacom. They take their time to fix problems but expect their full payment when you did not get full service. Customer Service is very poor. They promise callbacks but the calls usually do not happen until days after the problem has already been fixed.

Good Afternoon Kevin,
We do apologize for your troubles with your cable service. I show the repair ticket you had opened on 09-30-19 was closed on 10-03 when a technician came to the door and customer stated everything was working but after that I show there was additional work done in your area that caused a loss in television service. I adjust your television programming charges for those days. Between October 1st and October 13, you may notice brief interruptions in your television service due to sun outages. These interruptions can cause the picture to become snowy, pix-elated, completely blank or display a message such as ‘Channel Not Available’ or ‘One Moment Please’. This will happen several times throughout the day and normally lasts no more than 15 minutes each time. We do apologize for your inconvenience. Mediacom appreciates your business.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

I spoke with Brian and he worked with me to resolve the issue. We were without, phone, cable and internet for a few days due to an issue in our neighborhood. The service tech charged for a house call, because he said that the issue was resolved, we were still having intermittent outages of the internet, so I disputed the bill. Also when calling to report the outage I was told the bill would be adjusted for lost days and it wasn't. Brian was most helpful in the resolution of the problem.

Mediacom Cable Company Information