Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.28/5

Shop and compare internet deals

See local offers on Find Your Internet

Shop Now

Cable ONE Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cable ONE?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cable ONE?

Original review: March 6, 2020

The recent price increase + tax totaled $15.30 per month. Apparently, the company's sole method of notifying its customers of this increase was in small print at the bottom of the bill. In 2014, all Viacom channels were removed from the line up in my area and have never returned. Since the name changed to Sparklight, one of the 2 stations from New Orleans, WDSU, has been dropped suddenly and without notification and the second channel, WWL, is no longer available in HD. I plan to drop my cable subscription with CableOne. There are too many other ways to watch television programs in 2020 to have to pay this much or do without so many channels. I plan to keep this company as my internet provider for now. I have never had any problems with outage nor speed. Sparklight needs to do a better job of keeping customers happy, but this one has had enough.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2020

These people are crooks. They set up my service and said it was $55 a month. I haven’t paid less than $125 a month. Customer service is horrible. Even the technician left without saying anything and then the router didn’t work. I had to call tech support to have it registered.

Get buying tips about Satellite and Cable TV Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2019

I pay 250.00 per month to Cable ONE now Sparklight. Have done so for many many many years. Price just keeps going up. Performance keeps going down. I pay for unlimited data but now I see I have only 300 mb per month. I also pay for a download speed of 100 mb and an upload speed of 10 mb.... I get 8.5 to 9.1 mb of download speed and 3.0 of upload speed. After numerous e-mails, nothing. They say my equipment cant handle the speed. I noticed my work orders as soon as they are submitted are marked as solved or closed and when I question them they say it is so they can respond back to me in an e-mail*&^%$^ what the ----- REALLY.

A couple of days ago I got a speed of 83.6 mb. But this did not last long. But again it's something on my end not theirs. REALLY. So I guess I am going to AT&T, have no choice as I will not pay for something I am not getting. I wish everyone good. Watch out as they have capped their speeds. Use their speed test so they can see it. I am going to try on last thing to replace my Modem and Ethernet cable and if still having issues I am gone.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2019

We order intranet through Cable ONE and when they switched to Sparklight they started giving us over usage fees. But we had the service through Cable ONE and never got any overage fees. I know there is only one other choice and that through the phone company. Not sure if they are any good though.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2019

So.. I've dealt with Cable One for about seven years. They would constantly mix up my bill and my father's bill. Then things were fine...Ish. One day they call me to say they have to "update" my system. After that "Update" I started getting data overages. I never once received an overage before this and I'm gone 3-4 days a week. Whatever. That stabilized. THEN... Sparklight buys the POS company and makes it worse. Lost my account information. I can't get online and they shut the service down. Finally figured out how to pay the bill, let's see how long it takes them to restore service. Today I talked to a new company about getting fiber. Screw cable one. Screw sparklight. I would rather live in the dark ages than deal with these crooks. Good riddance.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2019

Honestly would never recommend this company at all! I schedule my appointment for evening since I work mornings and afternoon, and they called to tell me my appointment was between 12:30 and 1:30. And for most that to me is a afternoon appointment which was not even an option, its was only morning or evening. Then when I called the lady to tell what was going on she was rude and I missed their call which you have to answer for them to come out right after I got off the phone with the lady, so even more annoying. So they reschedule my appointment til Monday evening. So we will see if they follow through with being in the 3-5 time slot. I'm already so over this company and I haven't gotten my service yet. How sad.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2019

Company should be considered illegal, BUYER BEWARE. Do not order online because their website doesn't actually tell you an accurate coverage area. They'll let you pay for it, and when you wait 3+ days and wonder why they never e-mailed you an installation time. Call them up and they say they don't provide service in your area. So why did I never get an E-mail confirming that and sending me a refund? I had to demand the refunded!! Talked to them online as well and they say that it isn't illegal because they have it somewhere on the site that you might not be covered. I'm pretty sure keeping people's money is ILLEGAL. Might want to shop around more, I would highly recommend against them.

Original review: July 13, 2019

Sparklight recently bought Cable One. I have had Cable One for years, and while it is overpriced, it was at least stable. I have paid my bill every month like clockwork. Then, Sparklight bought Cable One, and I immediately started getting notices that I was two months behind in paying my bill. Apparently, Sparklight "lost" my payment from June 2019. I have bank records to prove I paid it. This could just be a billing mistake, easily solved. But, just like Century Joke, Sparklight makes it almost impossible to get things like this resolved. You can't do it online, and you you have take your valuable time and go to "your local office" to get it resolved. This is why I quit Century Joke. Now, where am I supposed to go for an honest, responsive internet provider. I am so sick of these companies treating their customers like garbage. Shame on you, Sparklight. You have joined the scum at the bottom of your industry.

Original review: July 12, 2019

Cable ONE, now Sparklight, is by FAR the worst company we have ever had to deal with! We recently moved, and only had 2 options for internet providers. We made the wrong choice! Month 1 was fine, we paid $45 for our bill. The next month was ridiculous! I saw our bill had gone up to $86! So, we called to inquire why it had almost doubled. They said we had gone over our plan, and that was $10. She said because of that it had gone up to $65. So they doubled that and charged us $20 instead of $10. So, then we asked why there was an additional $20, and they said they charged us an overage fee of $10. Again that number was also doubled, and they would not take it down. We were told when we signed up that if you go over and need to up your plan in the middle of the billing cycle that it would be $10 with no fee.

So we were charged a $20 fee when we were told there would be no fee, and were charged $20 when we were told it would only be $10 to up your bill. THEY ARE CROOKS!! Avoid this company like the plague. They overcharged us for everything, lied to us, and then did NOTHING to help or fix their error. THEY ARE THE WORST!!! Go with any other company. I have never been so upset with a company in my life, and will be letting EVERYONE I know about this and to avoid this company at all costs! Get it together Sparklight, or you will be out of business before you know it! WORST COMPANY EVER!!!

Original review: June 29, 2019

Even in the post-2016 idiocracy where scummy telecom corporations have been deregulated and given free reign over the misery of the population, Cable ONE stands out as a king of selling less for more. Contrived data caps that raise your rate once "reached" (that's not how the internet works) are bad enough, but when 30% of the time you get less than 1 single mbps when you're paying for 100, and there's nothing you can do because they have a government-approved monopoly, well, you resort to leaving bad reviews.

Cable ONE author review by ConsumerAffairs

Serving 730,000 customers in 19 states, Cable ONE has grown to be the 10th largest cable television provider in the United States. The company was founded in 1986.

• Local office locations: Cable ONE has offices in each area it serves, allowing customers to troubleshoot equipment and replace broken machines in person.

• Reliable digital cable: The company offers high speed and reliable Internet services.

• Custom business solutions: Business customers can rely on Cable ONE for a comprehensive range of communications services.

• Lifetime price lock: Cable ONE offers the option to lock in the cost of home telephone service for life, which prevents unexpected price hikes.

• Budget cable options: The company is known for being an affordable option that allows customers access to the most popular channels at a low price.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team