4.0/5 (197 ratings)

About Cable ONE

Cable ONE Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cable ONE?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cable ONE?

Original review: Sept. 15, 2021

I will need about an hour to write all I need to say about this provider. However, I'll try to get to the point. I switched from CenturyLink to "Sparklight" thinking it is better now than when it was Cable ONE. I was dead wrong, again. From day one, internet randomly disconnect, even with leasing their equipment. Never reached the speed I'm paying for.

I signed up for 300mbps and I get around 10 to 15 to 89 to 50mbps, it's never constant and not reliable. Scheduled a tech to come out, took the day off, confirmed the appointment twice that day, and the tech never showed up!! Called and I was told "oh sorry blah blah blah, let's get you rescheduled two weeks away. I said, "To hell with that," so they, "Said ok OK, tomorrow, how about that?" I said ok. Comes tomorrow, confirmed my appointment, tech didn't show up AGAIN!!! Stay away from these guys unless you are looking for constantly being irritated and disappointed on top of being disrespected.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2021

I am a long time customer of New Wave Communications (Sparklight). Although I have never had an issue with their phone and internet services, I did recently encounter issues with my online account on their website. I was unable to make simple, basic profile changes to said account; but instead was directed to call them via phone. Imagining countless minutes of my time to to do so - I was exasperated; but call them I did at the number so directed. I had several issues to bring to their attention and I am overwhelmed at the response I have received. Much to my chagrin, I did not record the names of the individuals I spoke with; however, I can say that both the individuals I spoke with were knowledgeable and extremely courteous. Much appreciated.

I made one phone call, received two phone calls in return and one email from this company concerning my issues. The representative I originally spoke with and a gentleman from the IT department reached out to me via phone to provide an update on the status of my issues and to notify me that they were indeed working to resolve said issues. Kudos! to them both, especially in today’s age where one is constantly bombarded with relentless recordings in an effort to reach out and speak with a human being. This company made it easy. Again, much appreciated.

Get buying tips about Satellite and Cable TV Providers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2021

I can compare to Century Link and Frontier. Cable One is so much better. Workers know what they are doing and that prevents horrible service as the other two have provided. If I have a problem it is resolved. Century link had me on the phone, a total of more than 20 hours over 8 days restoring service with compounding errors. Frontier has chimpanzees that speak for service people. They are both shocking, comparatively.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2020

The customer service group is located in mid-West USA and now a few on east coast. They have been the worst group from day 1. The local office does nothing to find issues in their area and rely on the customer service group to handle finding outages. Service is very expensive!

Original review: Dec. 4, 2020

Sparklight (formerly known as Cable One) is very reliable and offers me a comprehensive low-cost plan. I have never had a problem so cannot rate their customer service. I would highly recommend them to anyone moving into their area served.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2020

Company is swindling money from me. I rent a modem thru them and they guarantee service/coverage with their wifi one modem. I found out last week from Sparklight that my modem is obsolete and is cause for not having good internet. I pay for 200 Mbps and get 4-15 Mbps. I have no idea how long my modem has been incorrect, but that is something they should have contacted me about right away, rather than capitalizing on overcharging me for crappy service. No one will help me, I've tried chat, I'm currently on hold with customer service - I asked to speak to a supervisor and the rep is putting me in queue and taking me out repeatedly so I'm stuck in perpetual never ending hold. Just waiting to be hung up on or see just how long they will continue this abhorrent behavior. They are only cable internet provider in area, so they take advantage of their customers because we have no recourse in the really awful town.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2020

I have been trying to return Sparklight's equipment for four weeks. Supposedly, they have an equipment return bin in the city I live at. However, I have been out there three or four times and no bin exists. I have contacted them four times via the chat online. I had to schedule a pick up with the times being from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. I was told that they would contact me via phone before they came out. Didn't happen. They just cancelled the pickup. I then had to contact them again and reschedule a pick up for two weeks later. For Pete's sake, just send me a return envelope or get your businesses to have their bin where it is suppose to be. This is not brain surgery, this is good customer service.

Original review: March 6, 2020

The recent price increase + tax totaled $15.30 per month. Apparently, the company's sole method of notifying its customers of this increase was in small print at the bottom of the bill. In 2014, all Viacom channels were removed from the line up in my area and have never returned. Since the name changed to Sparklight, one of the 2 stations from New Orleans, WDSU, has been dropped suddenly and without notification and the second channel, WWL, is no longer available in HD. I plan to drop my cable subscription with CableOne. There are too many other ways to watch television programs in 2020 to have to pay this much or do without so many channels. I plan to keep this company as my internet provider for now. I have never had any problems with outage nor speed. Sparklight needs to do a better job of keeping customers happy, but this one has had enough.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2020

These people are crooks. They set up my service and said it was $55 a month. I haven’t paid less than $125 a month. Customer service is horrible. Even the technician left without saying anything and then the router didn’t work. I had to call tech support to have it registered.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2019

I pay 250.00 per month to Cable ONE now Sparklight. Have done so for many many many years. Price just keeps going up. Performance keeps going down. I pay for unlimited data but now I see I have only 300 mb per month. I also pay for a download speed of 100 mb and an upload speed of 10 mb.... I get 8.5 to 9.1 mb of download speed and 3.0 of upload speed. After numerous e-mails, nothing. They say my equipment cant handle the speed. I noticed my work orders as soon as they are submitted are marked as solved or closed and when I question them they say it is so they can respond back to me in an e-mail*&^%$^ what the ----- REALLY.

A couple of days ago I got a speed of 83.6 mb. But this did not last long. But again it's something on my end not theirs. REALLY. So I guess I am going to AT&T, have no choice as I will not pay for something I am not getting. I wish everyone good. Watch out as they have capped their speeds. Use their speed test so they can see it. I am going to try on last thing to replace my Modem and Ethernet cable and if still having issues I am gone.

Cable ONE author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Serving 730,000 customers in 19 states, Cable ONE has grown to be the 10th largest cable television provider in the United States. The company was founded in 1986.

• Local office locations: Cable ONE has offices in each area it serves, allowing customers to troubleshoot equipment and replace broken machines in person.

• Reliable digital cable: The company offers high speed and reliable Internet services.

• Custom business solutions: Business customers can rely on Cable ONE for a comprehensive range of communications services.

• Lifetime price lock: Cable ONE offers the option to lock in the cost of home telephone service for life, which prevents unexpected price hikes.

• Budget cable options: The company is known for being an affordable option that allows customers access to the most popular channels at a low price.

Cable ONE Company Information