Looking for a TV service provider?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

3.22/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Cable ONE Reviews

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

I pay over $120 a month for high speed internet and it has dropped three times in-and-out for several days in the last month. They never give an estimated time for when they will have the issue resolved and customer service is so lackadaisical in their attitude about the inconvenience they create. I work from home and I'm in grad school so having functioning internet is required. This company sucks and charges too much for crap service. Go elsewhere!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

Took half day off work to meet tech at house. Sit here for almost 6 hours. Nothing. Got call at 1:58p stating tech would arrive 330-330p. Got call at 258p stating tech would arrive 3-4p. Called a little before 5p. Was on hold over 20 mins. Finally some lady in New Mexico (I live in Texarkana, AR) said tech tried calling at 330p and got no answer so he cancelled my apt. I had my phone sitting right next to me whole time and on my recent calls I never received any call after they confirmed I was here at 158p and 258p. I am extremely unhappy and wasted and lost half day pay over this.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

They are too expensive for the support that is given. You paid extra for digital and when you take it off you lose about 10 channels. They make you take the sports channel and no one watches it.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

I had phone service for 11! Years with CenturyLink. I got tired of their incompetent bill mistakes so switched to Cable ONE but quickly canceled the order the next day and decided to give CenturyLink another chance. Cable ONE confirmed the canceled order but a few days later my phone is shut off. Called Cable ONE and found out they lied just to get the sale. Had a three way conversation with CenturyLink and Cable ONE to fix this but instead of getting my old phone number back was given a new number. I don't want a new number. I want my old number I had for 25 years. 5 days later still no phone service. Why does it take five days to get new phone service turned on after you make an order. It should take five minutes max! Why can you hire responsible people. Too many computers running your companies and not enough people.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

The internet cost is outrageous, and it keeps going up every year. But, Cable One is the only game in town. CenturyLink is much worse as far as service although it is cheaper.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cable ONE?

Original review: Nov. 18, 2018

Man, their internet service totally sucks! They claim to provide speeds of at least 100 mbps which is total BS. It takes 3-5 mbps to stream TV and I can’t do that without it constantly buffering. The 20 mbps I had from CenturyLink was faster than theirs. Cable One reps lie to consumers and are poorly trained. Company doesn’t care about their performance since options in Boise are limited. Service is overpriced and garbage. Canceling this junk and going back to CenturyLink where their service is reliable and they care about their customers.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

Just hung up with Cable ONE. Typical corporate responses with self-serving answers. They are prepared to lose a customer over $25.00. Seems that I went over my data limit 3 different times this year. In doing so I agreed to a higher cost package. Sorry. No I did not. Have had Cable ONE internet service for almost 20 years. Never agreed to data limits. I have to admire their customer service rep telling me that I WAS WARNED. A notice was mailed out that I was going to go over my limit and warning me about it. OK SO I WAS WARNED. What am I supposed to do? Turn off the modem. Shut down my email. The email I use for work. The Work that makes the money to pay their bill. She tried to make it out like it’s no big deal. It’s on $25.00. I agree but it’s my 25 and if it’s so insignificant why do you want it.

So now I will begin the process of getting another internet provider. And when I do I may pay more. But it is something I will do because I agree to it. Not because Cable ONE thought they couldn’t make changes and that I would just agree. The whole thing is their way of trying to prevent us from using streaming TV. They are losing revenue because people are turning their cable boxes off and using more data to watch TV. Large corporations can get away with this because most people just don’t want to fight. It’s just easier to pay more and go on. Cell phone, Internet, cable, satellite doesn’t matter who. They’re willing to push us right to the limit. When we push back and threaten to cancel our service or actually do cancel service then they offer you the world. Try not doing things like this and then you won't have to defend your action with "YOU WERE WARNED."

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

Over and over again I have received bad service from Cable ONE and I continue to use them because in my area Verizon/Xfinity is not available. I am DONE now. They are not in the slightest bit empathetic because they know they are the only game in our area. Their internet is slow, their cable service is not nearly as advanced as Verizon, and their customer service agents are obviously trained to treat a customer properly. They never come up with a solution and if you are not satisfied, they ask you to leave. What is that all about??? I work in the service industry and every customer we lose - we try and exam why and make it better in the future. Why hasn't Cable ONE caught on to that concept. If you have options - I highly recommend you use someone else!

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

I have been getting overage usage warnings for the past 3 months. Today I got another one. They claim I used 240 GB on downloads yesterday. I do not think that is possible given our minor usage yesterday. We did no streaming of movies and very little computer or iPhone usage. Even if we were streaming movies all day long, we wouldn't use that much. I am told a HD movie is about 8 GB, so we would have to stream 30 movies??? If each movie is 2 hours long, that's 60 hours of movie watching in 24 hours??? Is anyone else getting this type of possibly false feedback from Cable One? If so text me at **.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

I have Comcast in Washington State and also I have Cable One service in Boise Idaho. When comparing the data offered for the price the difference is startling. Comcast shows that I have 150 Mbps download speed for a triple play experience $120 month. Cable One shows that I have 1 Mbps download speed for $45 dollars a month no tv and no phone. They send updates that show your usage is about to go over your allowed amount. I am in Washington for a month and I have my adult staying there and they are trying to tell me that it is going over! Internet highway robbery on the part of Cable One.

Cable ONE Company Information