4.0/5 (126 ratings)

About Cable ONE

Cable ONE Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cable ONE?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cable ONE?

Original review: Nov. 9, 2019

We order intranet through Cable ONE and when they switched to Sparklight they started giving us over usage fees. But we had the service through Cable ONE and never got any overage fees. I know there is only one other choice and that through the phone company. Not sure if they are any good though.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2019

So.. I've dealt with Cable One for about seven years. They would constantly mix up my bill and my father's bill. Then things were fine...Ish. One day they call me to say they have to "update" my system. After that "Update" I started getting data overages. I never once received an overage before this and I'm gone 3-4 days a week. Whatever. That stabilized. THEN... Sparklight buys the POS company and makes it worse. Lost my account information. I can't get online and they shut the service down. Finally figured out how to pay the bill, let's see how long it takes them to restore service. Today I talked to a new company about getting fiber. Screw cable one. Screw sparklight. I would rather live in the dark ages than deal with these crooks. Good riddance.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2019

Honestly would never recommend this company at all! I schedule my appointment for evening since I work mornings and afternoon, and they called to tell me my appointment was between 12:30 and 1:30. And for most that to me is a afternoon appointment which was not even an option, its was only morning or evening. Then when I called the lady to tell what was going on she was rude and I missed their call which you have to answer for them to come out right after I got off the phone with the lady, so even more annoying. So they reschedule my appointment til Monday evening. So we will see if they follow through with being in the 3-5 time slot. I'm already so over this company and I haven't gotten my service yet. How sad.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2019

Company should be considered illegal, BUYER BEWARE. Do not order online because their website doesn't actually tell you an accurate coverage area. They'll let you pay for it, and when you wait 3+ days and wonder why they never e-mailed you an installation time. Call them up and they say they don't provide service in your area. So why did I never get an E-mail confirming that and sending me a refund? I had to demand the refunded!! Talked to them online as well and they say that it isn't illegal because they have it somewhere on the site that you might not be covered. I'm pretty sure keeping people's money is ILLEGAL. Might want to shop around more, I would highly recommend against them.

Original review: July 13, 2019

Sparklight recently bought Cable One. I have had Cable One for years, and while it is overpriced, it was at least stable. I have paid my bill every month like clockwork. Then, Sparklight bought Cable One, and I immediately started getting notices that I was two months behind in paying my bill. Apparently, Sparklight "lost" my payment from June 2019. I have bank records to prove I paid it. This could just be a billing mistake, easily solved. But, just like Century Joke, Sparklight makes it almost impossible to get things like this resolved. You can't do it online, and you you have take your valuable time and go to "your local office" to get it resolved. This is why I quit Century Joke. Now, where am I supposed to go for an honest, responsive internet provider. I am so sick of these companies treating their customers like garbage. Shame on you, Sparklight. You have joined the scum at the bottom of your industry.

Original review: July 12, 2019

Cable ONE, now Sparklight, is by FAR the worst company we have ever had to deal with! We recently moved, and only had 2 options for internet providers. We made the wrong choice! Month 1 was fine, we paid $45 for our bill. The next month was ridiculous! I saw our bill had gone up to $86! So, we called to inquire why it had almost doubled. They said we had gone over our plan, and that was $10. She said because of that it had gone up to $65. So they doubled that and charged us $20 instead of $10. So, then we asked why there was an additional $20, and they said they charged us an overage fee of $10. Again that number was also doubled, and they would not take it down. We were told when we signed up that if you go over and need to up your plan in the middle of the billing cycle that it would be $10 with no fee.

So we were charged a $20 fee when we were told there would be no fee, and were charged $20 when we were told it would only be $10 to up your bill. THEY ARE CROOKS!! Avoid this company like the plague. They overcharged us for everything, lied to us, and then did NOTHING to help or fix their error. THEY ARE THE WORST!!! Go with any other company. I have never been so upset with a company in my life, and will be letting EVERYONE I know about this and to avoid this company at all costs! Get it together Sparklight, or you will be out of business before you know it! WORST COMPANY EVER!!!

Original review: June 29, 2019

Even in the post-2016 idiocracy where scummy telecom corporations have been deregulated and given free reign over the misery of the population, Cable ONE stands out as a king of selling less for more. Contrived data caps that raise your rate once "reached" (that's not how the internet works) are bad enough, but when 30% of the time you get less than 1 single mbps when you're paying for 100, and there's nothing you can do because they have a government-approved monopoly, well, you resort to leaving bad reviews.

Original review: May 16, 2019

Of all the Cable/Internet Services I have subscribed to, Cable-One of Twin Falls Idaho, in fact all of Cable-One has to be the worst in the nation. Despite having a JD Powers Survey that ranked them number one, their TV service is down 80% of the time, you can't get Internet Broadband, bandwidth to do anything serious, if you contact them about problems, they say they'll check it out, but rarely do. The Customer Service people both for business service as well as consumer, in Arizona, has no clue as to their Idaho system health. On the same lane, little system based out of Kamas Utah, called AllWest Communications, has near 90% on service, gives great broadband bandwidth, and you only pay $300.00 a month, and it works. Call 'em with a problem, they are there the next business day.

Original review: April 2, 2019

Cable ONE is price gouging their customers on data cap limits in many parts of the country where they provide service. Cable ONE provides unlimited free data caps in three areas in ND, TX and KS. HOWEVER, everywhere else they charge $40 a month for unlimited data caps, which is outrageous! While data speed (Mbps) does tax Cable ONE's system, data cap limits do not, which makes the charges even more ridiculous.

There can only be two reasons they don't charge for unlimited data caps in those areas described above: competition from other providers or the state legislatures have prevented them from charging the cap fees. Either way, for everyone else, it's just price gauging - pure and simple. Shame on Cable One or Sparklight or whatever you call yourself. You might be changing your name but you still care about one thing and one thing only - profits!

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

I pay over $120 a month for high speed internet and it has dropped three times in-and-out for several days in the last month. They never give an estimated time for when they will have the issue resolved and customer service is so lackadaisical in their attitude about the inconvenience they create. I work from home and I'm in grad school so having functioning internet is required. This company sucks and charges too much for crap service. Go elsewhere!

Cable ONE Company Information