4.0/5 (78 ratings)

About Cable ONE

Cable ONE Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cable ONE?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cable ONE?

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

The internet cost is outrageous, and it keeps going up every year. But, Cable One is the only game in town. CenturyLink is much worse as far as service although it is cheaper.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2018

Man, their internet service totally sucks! They claim to provide speeds of at least 100 mbps which is total BS. It takes 3-5 mbps to stream TV and I can’t do that without it constantly buffering. The 20 mbps I had from CenturyLink was faster than theirs. Cable One reps lie to consumers and are poorly trained. Company doesn’t care about their performance since options in Boise are limited. Service is overpriced and garbage. Canceling this junk and going back to CenturyLink where their service is reliable and they care about their customers.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

Just hung up with Cable ONE. Typical corporate responses with self-serving answers. They are prepared to lose a customer over $25.00. Seems that I went over my data limit 3 different times this year. In doing so I agreed to a higher cost package. Sorry. No I did not. Have had Cable ONE internet service for almost 20 years. Never agreed to data limits. I have to admire their customer service rep telling me that I WAS WARNED. A notice was mailed out that I was going to go over my limit and warning me about it. OK SO I WAS WARNED. What am I supposed to do? Turn off the modem. Shut down my email. The email I use for work. The Work that makes the money to pay their bill. She tried to make it out like it’s no big deal. It’s on $25.00. I agree but it’s my 25 and if it’s so insignificant why do you want it.

So now I will begin the process of getting another internet provider. And when I do I may pay more. But it is something I will do because I agree to it. Not because Cable ONE thought they couldn’t make changes and that I would just agree. The whole thing is their way of trying to prevent us from using streaming TV. They are losing revenue because people are turning their cable boxes off and using more data to watch TV. Large corporations can get away with this because most people just don’t want to fight. It’s just easier to pay more and go on. Cell phone, Internet, cable, satellite doesn’t matter who. They’re willing to push us right to the limit. When we push back and threaten to cancel our service or actually do cancel service then they offer you the world. Try not doing things like this and then you won't have to defend your action with "YOU WERE WARNED."

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

Over and over again I have received bad service from Cable ONE and I continue to use them because in my area Verizon/Xfinity is not available. I am DONE now. They are not in the slightest bit empathetic because they know they are the only game in our area. Their internet is slow, their cable service is not nearly as advanced as Verizon, and their customer service agents are obviously trained to treat a customer properly. They never come up with a solution and if you are not satisfied, they ask you to leave. What is that all about??? I work in the service industry and every customer we lose - we try and exam why and make it better in the future. Why hasn't Cable ONE caught on to that concept. If you have options - I highly recommend you use someone else!

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

I have been getting overage usage warnings for the past 3 months. Today I got another one. They claim I used 240 GB on downloads yesterday. I do not think that is possible given our minor usage yesterday. We did no streaming of movies and very little computer or iPhone usage. Even if we were streaming movies all day long, we wouldn't use that much. I am told a HD movie is about 8 GB, so we would have to stream 30 movies??? If each movie is 2 hours long, that's 60 hours of movie watching in 24 hours??? Is anyone else getting this type of possibly false feedback from Cable One? If so text me at **.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

I have Comcast in Washington State and also I have Cable One service in Boise Idaho. When comparing the data offered for the price the difference is startling. Comcast shows that I have 150 Mbps download speed for a triple play experience $120 month. Cable One shows that I have 1 Mbps download speed for $45 dollars a month no tv and no phone. They send updates that show your usage is about to go over your allowed amount. I am in Washington for a month and I have my adult staying there and they are trying to tell me that it is going over! Internet highway robbery on the part of Cable One.

Original review: July 6, 2018

I just moved to the area. The only choice for internet service is CableOne. So, I was forced to go with these guys. I figured it couldn't be that bad - even though I read tons of reviews stating how horrible they were/are. I found out those reviews were true today. I had scheduled earlier in the week for them to come out to my house to turn on service today (Friday). They never came out. I waited for a door knock, maybe my doorbell would go off or possible a phone call to let me know they were here. I got nothing. I also have dogs and when strangers come to the door or park in front of the house they bark - like they're supposed to do. They never barked... because no one ever showed up.

So, at 5 pm I called to see what was going on. Maybe the guy got in an accident, or stuck in a traffic jam. I always try to give the benefit of the doubt. The customer rep told me the install had been cancelled because "no one was home." WTF?! I was at home, waiting. Long story short: I told the rep to cancel my account and refund my money (I later found out it takes up to 6 weeks to get my money back - sheesh this company). I'm a pretty understanding person but when you outright lie about "no one being home" just because you don't want to do your job then a mental red flag goes up and I begin thinking that if you can't do the basics truthfully how can I rely on you to take care of me when something unexpected comes up. I immediately foresaw problems. Therefore, I voted with my wallet. Stay away from them. Get a highspeed hotspot. FYI: I didn't bother doublechecking for typing errors so... yeah.

Original review: July 6, 2018

Worst internet service I've ever experienced. They use fraudulent bandwidth usage monitoring to force you to pay for 2-3x your actual data usage. Their service is spotty at best; promising 150Mbps+ download speed, often delivering less than 3Mbps actual download speed. Funniest part, ONLY their speed test using their servers will falsely show the full (advertised) download speed; ALL other tests will show the reality of their sub-standard service. For what it's worth, customer service representatives and field service techs are courteous and professional.

Original review: June 25, 2018

Everyone knows ISP's are lying scum-sucking scourges on humanity. It barely helps to leave bad reviews, because even if Cable One, for example, has an average 1.5 out of 5 star rating, so do all the other ISP's. But even if there were a good ISP to switch to, it wouldn't cover my area, because ISP's essentially maintain regional monopolies. So when my connection marketed as 100 Mbps only comes in at 3 Mbps if I'm lucky, and 0.5 if I'm not, I have no choice but to call Cable One to ask them to fix it, at which point they mumble something about Wifi congestion, despite the fact that I'm not using Wifi. I even chose to rent a modem/router from them so that they couldn't blame my hardware. So either I'm experiencing Wifi congestion over Ethernet, or Cable One is lying again.

Original review: June 22, 2018

I had issues with Cable One in the past but not the people but equipment. I went through 6 modem/router combos in 4 months. I was about to switch but then thought I'd try buying my own equipment. Bingo. My problems were gone. I bought a modem and router separately for the best connection. No issues. If you're having slow or dropping signals try getting your own gear. Yes it does cost but over time it pays for itself.

Cable ONE Company Information