2.8/5 (76 ratings)

About AT&T TV

AT&T TV is a streaming service with live channels and on-demand shows and movies. The service comes with a voice assistant remote and a TV box programmed with AT&T TV services. Prices start at $49.99 a month. Choose from packages geared toward movie fans, avid sports watchers and more casual viewers. Contracts last for two years. Existing AT&T U-verse customers can read our AT&T U-verse reviews.

Pros

• Smooth interface
  • Voice assistant remote
  • DIY setup
  • Sleek TV box

Cons

• Increased prices in year two
  • Two-year contracts

Bottom Line

AT&T TV has a great interface and plenty of channels. We wish it had month-to-month contracts and more straightforward pricing, but the service works well for some.

AT&T TV Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AT&T TV?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about AT&T TV?

Original review: Jan. 21, 2021

Absolutely the worst company in the world, a true rip off, No customer service, don't give a damn about the customer, will leave you on hold forever if you don't just hang up. And don't buy anything because if it doesn't work you're totally out your money.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2021

Have had lot of service interruptions or issues. And now waiting for an agreement with local TV to be reached. And was told we would have no or limited service issues with the wifi speed we have, also by ATT, but this isn't the case. Frustrating. Maybe just new service working out kinks?

Original review: Jan. 19, 2021

Great company. Very friendly customer service that are more than happy to research your problem and find a solution for you in a timely manner. The diverse amount of programming can really satisfy everyone's desires. When they had an alarm company it saved me from a potential break in.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2021

Att slow down our service on purpose so it's always rebooting. I thought there was a law passed where companies could not do this. Lousy service. Slow down rebooting. Poor service. Keeps rebooting. Poor service.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2021

I don't feel that AT&T is very competitive with rates. I have very unreliable internet speeds and the customer service could use more training. When you call the sales department you can really feel the sales technique. They don't listen very well.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2021

Terrible customer service. Losing channels because they are too cheap to pay for them. Yet they are making a lot of money to put in their pockets. In the process of changing companies because they won't do what's right and they won't lower our bills, even though they aren't giving us what we are paying for. The latest channel is ABC, it's disgusting.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2021

Only provider we have had in Idaho so can't compare it to anything but itself. Way too costly in our opinion. They don't automatically provide updated equipment as they should, when updating services, considering how much they charge. Outages have been rare and only weather related. To get one or two of your favorite channels you end up paying for a bunch of crap you don't want.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2021

Had DirecTV and ATT was supposed to honor everything I had with DirecTV but have not to date, the prices increases and my promos are not there anymore with my Free DVR service. Called ATT and was asked for account number. Provided and nothing was done.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2021

The cost is too much! Problems with internet! Every time you upgrade more money you have to pay. Usually have to make appointments and wait all day for the tech to come to your home to fix the problem.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2021

I have to pay to get outdated equipment upgraded. I'm nervous about calling ATT to come out for service because they are the ones who decide if its my fault. If so I have to pay for the service call. Equipment fails, long wait on the phone to speak to someone. High cost. At some point they should realize that the equipment needs to be upgraded and send out new equipment.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2021

AT&T is far better than Charter Cable and less expensive. Very Pleased with the channels that they offer, unfortunately we need to use Charter internet to use the service, but overall excellent package!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2021

AT&T raises prices without prior notice and then extort your customers by Threatening them with sending information to collection and credit bureaus believe they are all powerful and immune. There is no honesty in them.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2021

I have had AT&T TV for approximately 3 months. I was assured I wouldn’t have the problems I am having on a consistent basis. It is painful to watch tv using this service. I kept count of how many times the service would drop within an hour’s time. It dropped 8 different times in a single hour. It does one of two things, a blue screen displays with the message “Sorry for the inconvenience. Please try again later. 50001-001” or the screen goes completely black (eventually it will return to the logon screen). I have had 2 representatives visit the house not including the original installation. I have done multiple calls to troubleshoot the issues. DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE!!! IT IS NOTHING BUT PROBLEMATIC!!!

Original review: Jan. 7, 2021

Billing is a mess. Lots of hidden fees and ridiculous taxes. Moving around channels and movies is cumbersome. Internet slows down everyday. Overall view of the product looks cheap and not professionally done. Tech support and customer service are a nightmare.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2021

Good overall service. Minimal problems in picture reception and retention with DVR. Our program selection is fairly basic (excludes premium channels and sports) but we feel is expensive, even when packaged.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2021

They try to charge me for a show that is years old and it's not fair, and now my channel is not on the air, due to contract talks. I feel that my channel should be showing while they are signing contracts.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2021

Prices are crazy high. I've been a customer of DirecTV for over 20 years. Rates were very reasonable. Once ATT came on board prices are continually going up. If I phone ATT to reason with them the women (99%) are flat out rude. I phone DirecTV. They look at account and agree my rate is too high. They adjust the rate and as soon as ATT sees it they raise it again IF not higher.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2021

Had my service switched a year ago to new address. Internet speed does not perform as stated to be 100 mbps down. It is actually only 80. Service was inconsistent for over 3 months. Got the run around with customer services. It was always a different reason as to the problem. Would send out technicians, would still have problem of losing connection. One 800 number representative told me I should get a slower speed plan because that is all that would probably work. Finally I contacted my city council member who then gave me the contact of someone else at the city that could help. He then gave me a contact at an upper level of AT&T. They sent out specialists for special clients. I was shocked. It did help for a while then late summer started in again losing connection. Specialist sent out however speed is still only 80 not 100 as advertised. This is using a computer 12 feet away from router. Very sad.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2021

Bad service, over priced, I wish there were others to choose from in my area. There is Dish and satellite TV but I don’t like having the dish on my roof. You also can’t get them on the phone and they tried to charge me 90.00 to replace the box after they charged a rental??? Come on.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2021

I choose the service because my phone was with AT&T but it was a bad experience. First of all the service always update, change or something else. And there are more flexible and affordable services.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2020

Been a subscriber since 1998 or thereabouts. While it was DirecTV the service was outstanding. Since AT&T has taken over the service is average. I have enjoyed the package even though the cost is high.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2020

Great service for the price. I would highly recommend it. All you needed was a Firestick and was able to stream the channels. The Fire Stick also came with a few free channels such as IMDB TV and Pluto TV.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2020

Adequate service provided, however designed to company preferences. Deals expire annually, requiring time consuming phone calls at their convenience. Equipment and remotes are frequently problematic. Customer service varies by representative which does not always result in satisfaction. Longtime customer feedback has little effect, so we are transitioning to other providers.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2020

Coming from New York City here in Florida I only have 18 mbps. Is not the best for all my devices, IPad, IPhone and android for my wife and streaming videos. Min to work is about 100 mbps, you will need fiber optics.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2020

I have been with ATT Uverse for years and now with Directv, Their service has a lot to be improved. One thing, their telephone call in system is Really bad. The internet is "ok" the tv is also just "ok". I have had service people at my home on numerous occasions but the results always the same, no improvement. My latest adventure was I had a home phone installed for a fax machine (supposedly a hard line), I tried and tried to get it to work so after a couple of weeks or so, they sent a tech to to my home, I was told it was a VOIP line and would not work with my fax. I called ATT and they said the reason they did that (without informing me) was a hard line was $15.00 more a month or $45.00 total which is ridiculous in itself so I canceled the phone line, called another company and got a Good line for $20.00 a month. It's been this way for years now and no, I would not recommend them to any of my friends.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2020

They used to carry PBS but no longer do and now they are not showing our ABC station. When I call they are difficult to get hold of and several times they couldn’t help me. I have had to call a tech service.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2020

I believe the price is too high for what I have (no HBO type channels). TV is interrupted at least once a day because the connection drops. The TV remotes don't always work; certain buttons stop working.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2020

There were things I knew before I switched from U-verse to AT&T TV and a lot of things I learned afterwards. Streaming has issues as does AT&T billing. There are tech problems and billing is separate.

Original review: July 1, 2020

This app takes zero responsibility for its technically issues and will blame it on your device needing to uninstall and reinstall the app and your internet being too slow according to a random website they have to Google that is apparently "correct". Before contacting them yet again! I bought a new phone a new router and a new new Chromecast and updated everything. I advised this to the chat agent ...who apparently is the only way to get customer support..which they advised me that 1) They saw the fatal error it's my devices. 2) Then I need to reinstall my app. 3) There are no detectable issues on their end. 4) But their most CONSISTENT issue is dropped service. 5) I need to check my internet and according to a Google website answer that has no idea my internet package or my exact location. It's just pinging of towers...it's my internet even though my package more than compensates their app need and I've checked....

I spent 2.5 hours in a chat they magically could not send me a copy of and promised me a phone call I never received....so what did they take my number? I got into another chat to have someone tell me that they are again a manager and are correcting the tech issue with their techs and cannot provide me any copy of any previous conversation. Their "tech" also suggested again I uninstall and reinstall the app. They can't see any interruption in service even though I was looking at it on my screen. Then they told me, "It's your internet". I said, "How do you know it's my internet?" Because I just bought a new router and had all of my service checked in the last two weeks. Again they had me Google a website that "knows" my internet speed. This is the constant merry-go-round that AT&T now provides. I am going to be starting a class action lawsuit against this service. Please feel free to email me at **.

Original review: May 22, 2020

Staff and customer service helpful. It was super easy to install. Has different levels for channel options and pricing. The quality of streaming and picture is great. Prior to switching services I had Directv, and I am extremely happy with my decision.

AT&T TV Company Information