Find an Auto Service and Repair partner

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

Wal-Mart Oil and Lube Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wal-Mart Oil and Lube?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walmart?

Original review: Sept. 8, 2021

I would recommend this auto service for continual follow up of required preventive maintenance on your vehicle, great pricing on tires, tire rotation, oil change, light replacements and a myriad of other services that need to be done regularly but at a very reasonable price. They do not do major auto adjustments such as brake installations, wheel alignments or engine repairs. However, their basic vehicle up keep services are great.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2021

I took my car in for a deluxe oil change. They took way longer than they said it would be (20-25 minutes ended up being 55 minutes) and then they didn’t even do all that they said they were going to do. I’m not sure what the problem was because they weren’t even busy. Maybe it was a new mechanic (?). I might possibly give them another chance, but my first impression wasn’t very good.

Get buying tips about Auto Service and Repair delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2021

I know you go to Walmart for groceries and your essentials. Now you have to rush off to a shop to get your oil change and tires. Guess what, you can do it all at Walmart. Most of us do not know that Walmart offers the best service as a relates to routine maintenance on your car and the tire sales service. You can also add a protection plan on your tires that is the best in the industry. And like Walmart always does timer for time it’s going to be the best price. No my last name is not Walton And I do not own stock in Walmart but these guys treat you like family and you can do your shopping while your car is being fixed. This saves you the most valuable thing in the world, time. Also it saves you money.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2021

They were reasonable and efficient. They gave a accurate estimate. They finished the job in a timely fashion. We Did not need appointment . Would use services again if the need arose.. Easy to work with and no hassles or delays.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2021

Always affordable and always makes sure fuel filter is included in all oil changes... Also checks all fluids and air pressure in tires.. and they always do a fluid check to make sure you're not low..

Original review: Nov. 26, 2021

I took my vehicle to get an oil change, new oil filter, and an air filter. After 2 1/2 hrs waiting, on my way home my check engine light came on. Now I have to pay to get a diagnostic test done, before they make themselves accountable. Test has to "prove" it was their fault per manager, Mr. **.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2021

Had to deal with Walmart in Panama City Beach with friends for a week-long vacation and upon needing assistance with oil change, tire, and review of the cooling system to address overheating, they took 2 hours to see us with no one else waiting. Service staff weren't professional and provided incomplete service, requiring us to go another place.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2021

Two days ago (Friday) I went to Walmart (in Hewitt, TX) with my car for routine maintenance. When they finished replacing the oil and filter, I went straight back to my house, also in Hewitt, TX. Today (Sunday) in the morning I went out and didn’t realize that the floor of my garage was full of engine oil. On my way, a light in the car dash started to turn on, and a message saying that the car had no motor oil, and to turn off the car immediately. I arrived where I was going (close to my house) and called my husband.

The car engine was completely empty of motor oil. The engine could have been badly damaged. My husband bought five quarts of oil and poured it on, so he could take the car back to Walmart to be checked and fixed. There, they told him that the rubber gasket of the filter was broken and that is why the oil was leaking (not just dropping). They checked and fixed everything at no cost (of course) and will come tomorrow to remove the oil from our garage.

Even when Walmart fixed everything after-the-fact, I couldn't be more disappointed by the hard time due to this situation and the concern that my car engine could been broken down badly. Every mechanic should double check their work after finished since that is their insurance that the work was performed correctly and that there should not be any re-work due to any mistake. How a car is leaking oil (again, not dropping) and the mechanic didn’t noticed that as soon as the car goes out of the shop? There must be some extra oil in the floor of the shop for sure. For that reason, I do not recommend 100% that place. And if anyways one would have to take the car there for any other check, one must be very cautious, especially after they finish their work.

Original review: June 19, 2021

I went there for a high mileage oil change. I'm not mechanic so idk what they did wrong exactly but all the oil wound up leaking out of our car and they say they did nothing wrong, store will not even call us back. The AAA mechanic that looked at our car ended up towing it so that Walmart could fix their mistake. I now have NO car to get around. Cannot get a call back, and my engine has completely locked up so the car won't start. Terrible customer service. NO integrity or accountability and they treated me like I was dumb because I do not know about oil changes. DO NOT TAKE YOUR CAR HERE. IF THEY MESS IT UP THEY WILL NOT FIX IT.

Original review: March 23, 2021

I took my vehicle for a oil change and now my vehicle is throwing a lot of oil. It was not doing that before. The oil is coming from the oil pan. I took the vehicle to Midas to get an estimate and they said the oil pan has a hole in it.

Wal-Mart Oil and Lube Company Information