Wal-Mart Tire & Lube

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Find my match

Wal-Mart Oil and Lube Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wal-Mart Oil and Lube?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walmart?

Original review: Aug. 1, 2020

How can you go wrong with having your oil changed or tires rotated while you shop. Been using them for years and have gotten great deals on Goodyear tires too. Very easy. Just show up most Saturdays and they got the car in right away. 20 minutes later I have my groceries and they hand me the keys to my car. Plus you never have the hassle of the big shops trying to sell you shocks.. exhaust systems...or needing a new transmission BS! They even double check the work and put marks on the filter and drain plug showing it was looked over before they were done.

Original review: April 6, 2020

Every time I go to Walmart to get my car serviced, I always get greeted by my first name, my type of automobile, and welcomed back with open arms. They always look for ways to discount my service invoice to decrease my bill every time. They always make sure I get the parts I want not only what they provide to sell to me. Very Impressed with them. Thanks.

Get buying tips about Auto Service and Repair delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 27, 2020

The service was great, very quick and never had any issues the new tires. I like that very still on the same trip, best shopping while I get my car fixed set there was able to take her at you dance, by the time I was done shopping, my car was ready to go. Great customer service.

Original review: March 22, 2020

My wife and I are self quarantined due to Covid-19 and her having congestive heart failure. We have a great fear of her getting sick or me bringing it home. When the battery in her car failed, we knew we needed to get it replaced. I called our local Walmart in Dodge City Kansas and spoke to a woman named "Rory". She was so understanding and compassionate about our situation. She said I could park in the parking lot and stay in the car. She loaded the new battery into my trunk for me and said I did not even need to sign the form for it. She grabbed my old car battery and I didn't even have to roll the windows down. She was amazing and super respectful and didn't make me feel paranoid or germaphobic. Wal-mart general does not have take out for items like batteries and normally requires in-person transaction along with a required signature but they put aside those rules for me in these scary times.

Original review: March 6, 2020

Previously, I went to the gas station to filled my car tires, and ended up with too much air in them. I didn't know how to fix my problem, but then discovered that Walmart had an auto services station. All the employees were extremely helpful, and even fix my tire pressure, for free! They made sure my car was taken care of, and that my car would be safe to drive. This was first experience taking my car to the Walmart Auto Services, and made a customer out of me. I will definitely be coming back for the other services that they offer!

Original review: Jan. 13, 2021

This is about the Auto Center only. The rest of the store is OK. Very disappointed in management and policy of this one. Bought tires @ Walmart.com and scheduled installation. All sites including Toyota, Cooper Tires, Tire Rack, etc. and theirs when I purchased confirmed they were a fit. After driving 30 miles for my appointment it took them over an hour to say they couldn't mount them due to the factory tire size on the door jamb was different. First the manager overrode the mechanics and said we were good. But 45 minutes later when I check up the manager sided with the mechanics because some vague reference book they had said the size I had showed on aluminum wheels. I guess Sears missed that 8 years and 60,000 miles ago with the same size tires as purchased, even though they saw them on the vehicle.

The folks that helped me were very nice and accommodating considering this store has them running around like the proverbial chicken. Fortunately one counter person suggested going to The Tire Guys down the street. They were great. Had my tires on and drove away 45 minutes later. While I waited at Walmart I observed a family of senior citizens wait almost an hour for them to check out a screw in one of their tires. After 15 minutes of them seeing their car on the rack they were told no screw. They had written down the wrong tire location at the counter, and it took about 45 more minutes to just remove it. I will not ever even think about anything besides buying tires there.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2020

Very slow and lazy workers. More than one hour waiting to change two tires. Just one more car in queue. I stop doing the oil change for the same reason. I canceled the order. Tag ** 12/28/20. CLOSE THIS DEPARTMENT.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2020

So I went to Walmart Tire & Lube express in Plainfield, IN yesterday and was told it would be about two hours for them to replace it. It ended up taking about 4 hours and there were many mistakes made. First between multiple employees they had a difficult time referring the correct battery for my car. They told us about 4 different battery types that were all wrong until I had to go outside and take a photo of my actual battery to set them straight. They also didn't know that the battery install was free when I buy a battery there, so had to correct them on that too.

After waiting the 4 hours they finally give my car back but then I got a Core charge added even though they took my battery. So had to go back in there to a long line to get my core fee removed but they refunded me in cash. So I ended up having to go to an ATM afterwards just to set my account straight. And lastly, we took the car to a mechanic that we know the next day to get heat fixed, and was told they moved the belt to replace battery and didn't move it back when done. So the cables to the battery were very close to being cut by that belt. Never had an experience this bad and it blows my mind.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2020

Bought 4 new tires from Walmart a few months ago. I got the Road Hazard warranty on all of them ($40 extra bucks). Had a flat after picking up a nail. I was on a bridge when it happened so I drove off the bridge and parked and put on the spare. Local Walmart didn’t have the tire in stock so I had to order it online. They looked at the tire and tried to repair it but couldn’t. They told me it would be covered under their replacement warranty and that I’d need to order the tire online and would get reimbursed when the tire came in and was installed.

Fast Forward to the day the tire arrives. I show up and go through 6 sets of hops to get the tire from one side of the store to the other and ended up having to park in the parking lot, download their app and put in a parking lot number so someone could bring the tire out to me. Which I then had to carry back into the store, right past the place where it was originally to the Tire No-Service department. They then told me that the tire was not covered under their warranty. There was damage to the tread from having to drive off the bridge while it was flat. After trying to explain that we had this conversation when I bought the tire, they were relentless. Finally I gave up and told them to put the last tire I ever buy from Walmart on and I would go about my way.

2.5 hours later, I checked in because I hadn’t received the call I was promised and they said, "You're all done, that’ll be $80." I said, "For what?" They said, "4 tire installs." They had somehow managed to put on 4 of the tires they didn’t have in stock on. To be honest I would have just driven off except the tires on the back are a different size. So, I had to wait 2 more hours for them to put the original tires back on. I’ve never had such a miserable retail experience and I will never let Walmart touch my car again.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2020

On November 3rd 2020, I, Agustin **, went for a routine oil change with my work vehicle at my neighborhood Walmart. They destroyed my car, resulting in a 3,500$ repair cost. After waiting a week and a half trying to keep it a quiet issue, they finally filed a claim, stopped paying for my rental. And still treat this issue with no regard. I wouldn't get a tire rotated there.

Wal-Mart Oil and Lube Company Information