Wal-Mart Tire & Lube

Compare Auto Service and Repair Companies

Research top Auto Service and Repair Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

On March 4, 2017 I bought a set of tires from the Walmart at Hillsboro, Texas. They mounted them, and balanced them. I then took my car to Hill Auto Care to have the wheels aligned. When I picked the car up, the owner told me the right front tire was bad. The car pulled to the right. He had moved the tire from the left front because it pulled to the left. We took the car back to Walmart March 19 and they said nothing was wrong with the tire. They balanced it again and said if that didn't fix it to come back. It didn't fix it. I had to hold the car in the road it pulled to the right so bad. I went back to Walmart March 20, 2017 as they had instructed me to do. Walmart refused to put a new tire on and said there was nothing wrong with that tire although it was already wearing on the edge. The business where I had the wheels aligned assured us the bands were bad in the tire. We need someone to help us get satisfaction.

I took my car to Walmart yesterday (03/01/17) at 11:31 a.m for an oil change, five hours later my motor is knocking and my SUV is running hot. I put coolant in radiator and it stop overheating. Now I am driving again and this time the knock is louder and the car is slowing down on speed. I pulled over again to see what's wrong. I didn't hear anything. So I cranked back up and the low oil pressure light comes on. I contacted Walmart and they said get it told to them and they will reimburse me the tow cost as well refund the oil change. I am stuck side the road with an 65 year old lady who has heart problems. I called AAA towing and I had to get a membership for them to even assist me. I only had like a hundred and some odd dollars. The total cost to the nearest destination was one hundred and fifty bucks.

Now I got to get the truck towed to Walmart in the morning. Now how am I supposed to that when I already overdraft my bank card to get car to passenger home, because it was the closest to the Walmart that did the service to my car. I had a good experience with them a month prior to this and it ran very good no problems, Now this time they claiming that it has a oil leak prior to services and and the engine making noise. The dilemma I have is how in the world that happen and this is the same vehicle from a month prior to this services. And it was not knocking prior to me driving it myself up there.

How can I get the car repaired at Walmart's expense. I only have liability insurance so rental car doesn't come with that package because it doesn't carry it and if I wanted it, it would have been extra and that was out of my budget. I can't afford another vehicle. I just got this one in 11/16. Come on Walmart this is a raw deal. I am planning to catch bus up there first thing in the morning with receipts of everything I spent. I already emailed them and explained what happen and that I looked forward to meeting with supervisor and resolve this issue.

I took my car to the Walmart in Azle Tx for an oil change. When they were done I was told the threads on the oil plug were stripped out and the car was leaking oil. They also made it clear that it was that way before the service. Well since they also changed the oil the last time it was done then they are clearly responsible. My car is now at a reputable auto repair getting a new oil pan and oil plug and Walmart is paying for it. The mechanic at the auto repair shop said he had another car in his shop with the same problem from Walmart. So STAY AWAY from the Walmart automotive in AZLE TX. They are idiots. I can't add a receipt number as the auto repair has it so they can file a claim against Walmart.

I went to get an oil change from my local Walmart & I was told that my oil change would be finished in about 45 minutes; however 1 hour and 47 minutes later they still have not changed my oil. I was the first person in line for an oil change. The certified workers all left & went on their lunch break and left me there waiting on them to finish their lunch and my oil change. This isn't the first complaint I've had about Tire & Lube. It was 2 PM. Most companies' lunches range from 12-2; I went under the impression that their lunch was over & my oil would be finished. I highly recommend that no one uses the Walmart Tire & Lube services on their car at all because of the horrible customer service that I have received today.

WALMART RUINED MY ENGINE, DON'T GET YOUR OIL CHANGED AT WALMART. Brought my 2014 car to Wal-Mart for an oil change, my car was running great before the oil change and after the oil change the engine started knocking, went back and told them and they said there isn't anything they could do about it and walked away, very rude. I filed a claim with Wal-Mart and their insurance investigator is very rude and laughed at me on the phone. He told me to prove to him that I kept up on the maintenance of the car.

I do have proof and I also contacted the Attorney General's Office and called my insurance, and told them my car has been vandalized by Wal-Mart. So, the insurance adjuster will be out to look at it. I brought the car to an auto center to get checked and they said that the engine is ruined and that the oil was black sludge, and the oil filter had metal shavings in it. The engine is totaled. Also I have pictures to prove it. my case just started and I'm not stopping till Wal-Mart pays for a new engine. Walmart Auto Center, 1710 S. Greenfield Rd., Mesa, AZ 85206.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walmart?

I went to Stafford, VA Walmart auto center on Garrisonville rd on 02/01/17. I been overcharged but not checked all fluid. While driving next day less than 20 miles Engine came, smoke came from car and water started draining from Radiator. I called my insurance and other towing company to get tow. No luck. After waiting for 4-6 hrs, I took cab and left. Same night my pet cat got very sick and have to take her to Emergency taking cab both way. I been calling tow truck and Mechanic last 4 days, no luck. Each mechanic quoting me $900 to $2300 to more, as wanted to rip me off not checking inside issue. Towing company gave me hard time, picked up and drop off at another location in same parking lot. New towing did not find place. I have to take cab both way. Wasted $60 again to locate my car. Towed again got $250 towing bill. And estimate to fix Engine and radiator is $2300.

I called Walmart today at Stafford, Manager refused to come on phone after many calls, long hold and told me that they do not advertise more than three fluid including break, transmission and windshield wiper. Phone was hang up. Called again, long hold, disconnect. Are there anyone ready to file class action lawsuit against Walmart for big loss wasting your time, money and work?

When the auto tech returned my keys and I paid for tire install, I went to leave and found a big long scrape on the bottom of my truck. I reported it and even had the tech who did the walk around inspection before the truck was parked inside before the work was done. He reported the damage was not there.

I took my 2008 F-150 in for an oil change and tire rotation. Waited 45 minutes in line before I was even able to talk with someone. They take it in. Was told it would take an hour. I walked around store for exactly 1 hour. Came back. Guy that I talked to before looked high. Said they haven't started on it yet! Long story short 4 hours went by. Snuck out of store around the front and walked to the tire and lube and peeked in the window to see my truck. There was a man in my truck in driver seat on his phone. Watched him for 15 minutes just sitting in my seat on his phone. Then he got a lighter out started taking hits off a pipe!

After 30 minutes he opens my driver door. A big cloud of smoke came out! Got truck back after 5 hours. Whole truck smelled like weed! What a joke the people smoking dope not doing their job. Looked at all 4 tires as I marked them all with a sharpie in a certain spot!!! No rotation was done! Manager said the "service was performed and I was all set". No refund!! Guy at desk and guy working on my truck came out both high as a kite. Laughing out of control from something on the one guy's phone! These piles of junk will never see me again!

I've been going to Walmart for my oil change for over two years. A few months ago I found out from Walmart that they had been putting the wrong weight oil in it. They had put the wrong gasket on before and didn't put the shield under back on before. And today 1/27/17 after deciding to go back there and went to NTB after pulling the vehicle in the mechanic opened the hood and called three others over. Then the manager came and got me and asked "who has been changing your oil?" I said "Walmart". He said "ma'am we cannot change your oil". He said "they have messed up your gaskets which has cracked your radiator and needs to be replaced."

Went to Walmart in Pine City, MN to get two new tires and against my better judgement I had them change the oil. It took them 2 1/2 hours. I asked them why it took so long and they said they had problems getting the plug out. Well... today when I came out of the gas station I noticed a huge puddle on the ground under my car. I pulled back and looked at it. I was thinking to myself "Is that from my car?" After looking at it I thought "Well that can't be from my car because that oil is black and I just got it changed so it should be almost clear."

I drove home and then to church tonight and then back home. My mom said, "Hey look under your car because you left a huge puddle of oil in the driveway." She shined a flashlight on it and sure enough my whole underneath is covered in oil! I have to take it into town and have a more trusted mechanic look at it to find out exactly what Walmart did. I'm praying that my motor wasn't damaged!

I drove all the way to Duluth and back, plus over to Danbury a couple of times with it like that. I've been driving it for 4 days now. I never thought to check the oil because I just got it changed and it never leaked oil or anything before. My advice: Don't go to Walmart for oil changes. I'm praying that they didn't cross thread my oil pan. After looking at all these reviews I wonder how Walmart can continue to do this to people and get away with it. I will be bringing them my invoices and hopefully they will compensate for it somehow. A simple oil change is costing a lot more! So sad!

Walmart Supercenter Cambridge Ohio Tire Center - Purchased 2 Dextero 17" truck tires.. One was defective and servicemen screwed up spare tire jack. Wal-mart replaced and in exchange for spare tire lift they gave me 4 Dextero tires. Wasn't able to balance correctly. Tire center manager insisted it was rims/frame causing the issue. I replaced front strut assemblies, purchased new wheels and had driveshaft/u-bolts checked as well. Unable to balance tires still. Had a "road force" balance done wherein it showed 2 bad tires! Walmart refused to replace them still. Went to claims department and they refused to replace and pay for my unnecessary improvements. I replaced the tires out of pocket. I have $2600 invested due tire managers deliberate attempt to evade me.

I took my car to Walmart for a oil change. They left the cap to oil open. The second time they forgot to put back the cover the oil can. I learned my lesson. Never again will bring my car there for service. People please check your when they give back to you.

Today I went for an oil change on my pickup truck. The oil change package in general includes several item to be checked including final vacuum on the carpet vehicle. When the associate told me my truck was ready to go and parked my truck in the parking lot I notice my carpet was not clean. I complain to the manager Mr. ** and after he inspected the truck. He told me that they don't do full detail on vehicles. I just replied that I notice no difference in my carpet and it's still the same as when I brought it in he agreed to bring my truck back inside shop to re-vacuum my truck. When the employee doing the vacuum finished on my truck he told me that the reason they had not vacuum my truck was because I had shopping bags inside the truck. I told him the bags were put inside my truck after they had finished with the oil change and had turned in my truck. The employee just laughed off his lies. Really bad service at Wal-Mart West Alton Gloor in Brownsville

We took in our Equinox which requires the synthetic blend 50/50 oil and for tire rotation. The desk clerk did not seem to understand my oil explanation. The work orders we had to do twice because I wanted the tires rotated too? In the end it was done and I asked an older gentleman again about the oil and he said "Oh yes they use it a lot", which they should. Before I left I know I wanted to check it out but the family was waiting. This car with this oil normally is changed at about 5k miles but can go to 7k per manual so at about 4k I checked it and it was filthy more so than it has ever been before and when I changed it, the level it was about a 1.5 qts low. No way is this right. They could not have replaced it and the filter was gritty.

I also checked the Castrol oil site. This is even the wrong oil they say they used and they do carry the right type. Never again will I trust these goofballs that have a blank face when you ask a question or get perturbed when doubted. Also the odometer on the order shows all 1s but the right odometer reading is on the separate tire rotation sheet. I plan on going back to the store and getting a complete refund. I have worked on cars and dealt with and worked at auto places before. These folks are not what I would recommend. The old fashioned lube shop in Newtown I would.

Recently on trip from NY we had to get our tire repaired since it had a nail in it. Took it to the Walmart auto center in Mansfield, Ohio... bad idea. This place took 20 min to check a car in for service with 1 person working. I was told 60 min to plug a tire. After 55 min I decided to go check to see how it was coming along. I was then told they couldn't repair it. I would need a new tire. No phone call to let me know they ran into a problem. So after that and another 2.5 hours I finally got one tire replaced. Guess we stopped at the wrong Walmart. It was ridiculous!

I have recently bought a battery from my local Walmart. Three weeks after purchase car won't start at a local grocery store. I try jumping it from a hand of some young gal at the store. It took a while but we finally got it started. Took battery to the local parts store and they checked and charged it. Said it was no good. So the next day took it back to the same Walmart that I purchased it and they said "we have to put it on our machine and check it store policy". They had it for more than three hours then called me and said "your battery is ready." Well I returned to get it and was told it checks out fine. I reluctantly took it back and told the man what the parts store had said and also showed him the tag the parts store put on it that said it was a bad battery. He told me they just say that to get me to buy their battery.

So now I leave with same battery and two days later it happens again. This time at a store in Council Bluffs and at 3:00 in the morning when I ran to get my sick wife and kid some cold medicine. So take it to another parts store and they told me after having battery on their machine it stopped at 53%. And it wouldn't take no more of a charge. So today I take it back to Walmart and it was very busy, but when I got to counter they tried telling me that their manager just told them no more work orders. I told the guy that I've been here for a long time in line and I was here for 30 minutes before he got that call to not take any more orders. So now they take my battery but won't get it done till next morning. So we will find out tomorrow to see about battery.

My daughter took her car to the Walmart auto center in Battle Creek, Michigan on December 5th, 2016. To make a long story short, they changed the oil but didn't tighten the oil filter. All the oil drained out. Her car started knocking as she was driving on I-94 en route to Kalamazoo. I wasn't surprised to read so many other RECENT complaints about incompetence and poor service at these Walmart auto centers. My wife absolutely refuses to use them after they cracked her windshield changing a wiper blade on her truck.

12/03/2016 @ 2:30 went in for oil change, was told 40 minutes. Oil change was finally done at 4:40, two hours and ten minutes later. Definitely not worth the small saving especially when they do not go in arrival order. This Walmart is very consistent with poor service, they should monitor employees. Last month I went there for tires, was told I would have to wait because they were gonna do oil changes which showed up after me. So I went to discount tire and received excellent service and it took them a short time to switch out all four tires. It's worth it to pay more and receive good customer service. From now on I'm gonna pass on Walmart's ** service.

After calling ahead and scheduling a time to purchase 4 tires, I walked around the store for 3 hours before my car was even taken up to be worked on. Waiting was ridiculous and had I known, I wouldn't have even shopped for tires at Walmart.

I ordered tires online through the Walmart.com website and against my better judgment I chose to have the Walmart associates take off the old tires and replace them with the new tires that I had ordered. I left my job phone in the car and realized the phone was missing when I got home. One of the associates had to have taken the phone because they were the only people who had access to my car. The phone has been reported stolen with my job's security department.

I attempted to go back to the Walmart location to retrieve my phone but no one would admit to having the phone. Walmart should not have thieves working for them. In addition to the theft it took the associates 4 hours to put 3 new tires on the car. After a couple hours I asked one of the associates to just put the old tires back on the car but he informed me that the associate that was working on the car had put holes in the tires. This means the associate put holes in the tires without my consent. After waiting for 4 hours I asked the associate twice to just put the spare on for the last tire. I took the last tire to Merchant's the next day and they informed me that my rim had been damaged (deep gashes) by the Walmart associates when they were attempting to get the tire off the rim. I suggested that Walmart investigate the theft. They should also re-train the other associates and provide better tools for removing hard to remove tires.

On October 22, 2016, I went to the Walmart 00540 973 Highway 90 E Morgan City, LA. Today I spent 2 hours at Walmart trying to get my oil changed. They broke my oil plug. They never told me that they broke it. They told me that I had a transmission leak. I knew that the transmission had just been check. The next morning when I got up to go to New Orleans the van oil light was on. I had to hire someone to take my son to New Orleans. When I got it to the shop I was told by the when they look at it. I was told that no gasket on plug and threads on pan messed up and they had to be replaced. I called Walmart to speak with the manager and to this day the manager will not call me back. I have not been able to file a claim as of yet. I have called AR several times. They have not return my calls either.

Walmart is the only company that has changed my oil in over a year. They have messed up the Tpms sensors on my van. We had all 4 tires changed. The repairs for the sensors I don't know how much that will cost, but oil repairs cost us over $900. I have upcoming doctor's appointments, unable to work I am a notary to go and have no alternative transportation. I worry how long I will be without a vehicle. I don't want to be stuck at home! This has turned into a very stressful situation for me. I'll never let them touch another vehicle of mine. This definitely was not worth the few dollars I saved.

On Sunday October 9, I went to the Walmart on Charleston and Decatur in Las Vegas to get the headlights repaired. The first person I spoke to (Charles) stated the person who did the restoration was at lunch. It was 10:00 AM. The person would be back in an hour. I left and returned in a hour. The person was still not there. He (Charles) suggested I try another Walmart 10 miles away. He called and verified that there were 2 people ahead of me, and I would be taken care of. I drove to the location and was informed that they were 5 people ahead of me, and was looking at a 4 hour + wait. Needless to say, I left.

The following Sunday, again I went to the first Walmart. The person (Diego) doing the headlight restoration was there but stated he was the only person there and could not do the restoration. I asked to speak to the manager. I waited 20 minutes, no manager, then proceeded to leave. Diego stopped me and told me if I came back in 1 hour he would do the restoration for free. I agreed, and returned in an hour, only to be told by Charles (from the previous week) that the restoration equipment was not there and they could not find it. Pissed I left.

Had the oil changed in my son's three year old car at Walmart, West Columbia SC. The next morning a large oil spot was present on an otherwise pristine driveway. Looking under the car revealed an active leak under at the front of the oil pan, directly under the drain plug and evidence of a large gob of blue sealant. Returned car to Walmart and noticed that the invoice indicated the car had a previous oil leak. I asked the technician that if an active leak was detected, why they would not inform the customer beforehand. He indicated that they were simply too busy to point out any problems. He indicated that the gasket on the rear of the oil pan had a leak although it is clearly evident that the leak is at the front around the drain plug.

He asked if I was trying to blame them for my defective gasket. I again pointed out that the leak did not happen until they worked on the car, evidenced by a pristine driveway and only the new leak from the front of the pan. He looked under the car and then informed us that there was actually no leak but just left over oil from the technician not cleaning up his mess. He even mentioned dirty gloves! He continued to point out that there was no leak because the oil was still full. My son and myself observed this entire encounter from less than 10 feet from the service bay and noted that the hood had never been opened for anyone to check the oil. I asked how he could determine that no oil was missing since he didn't open the hood. He still claimed that this procedure had been done although I watched the entire time.

I returned to Walmart this morning with pictures and videos of the leak, the clean driveway with the exception of the new leak and was told that they don't fix leaks. They brought out the technician that changed the oil and he said that my pictures showed old oil because it was dark. He indicated that it should be clear if it was a leak. It would be an understatement to indicate that essentially all of these responses are an insult to my intelligence considering that it is clearly evident that I have an active leak dripping off the large glob of sealant they applied to cover up the problem they created.

So, my mom and I took my brothers car to Wal-Mart to get the oil changed and one tire plugged and one tire replaced. When they came to tell us the car was finished they said "and by the way you have a busted brake line." I said "well how are you going to fix it?" They said "we didn't break it." What??? I said "we drove the car here just find you changed the oil and didn't say anything was wrong with the car? You drove it over and put a new tire on and fixed the other tire and now we have a busted brake line and you didn't break it?" They said "no it must have been leaking or it was already getting ready to break." We said it hasn't been leaking, the brakes worked just fine. They said we had to leave the car there and have their insurance company look at it...

This is the first time I've every looked at Wal-Mart's reviews. Wish I had sooner!! It don't sound like Wal-Mart takes responsible for their mistakes. We paid them 106.00 for service on a car we couldn't even drive home. My brother had to take my son's car to work. The Wal-Mart managers were very rude with us and even threaten to kick us out of the store for complaining to them, that we didn't think it was right what they were doing.

Oct. 18th of 2016, 2:30 P.M. I went to the Walmart at 2150 Chili Ave., Rochester, NY 14624, to have 2 new tires installed on the front of my 1999 Dodge Neon sport. I know you're probably thinking about the year of the vehicle and would not have asked for 2 new tires. So to continue, the installer drove the car up on the lift, had some difficulty with lug nuts and had another worker take off the remaining lugs. The original operator then finished installing the 2 tires. Lowered the lift, put the car in neutral, probably thinking it was in reverse, revved the engine very high RPMS, realizing it wasn't in % reverse, suddenly put it in reverse and still in high speed tried to back up.

All of a sudden there was a loud explosion and a blown out transmission. Now there is no longer a reverse on our transmission. We depended so much on our car for several doctor appts., groceries etc. And to make things worse they deny everything. So now we have to take them to small claims court when we get a ride and $50.00 for the claim application. I spoke to a lawyer. He says it cost $750.00, money we don't have!

When he was done he proceeded to, or attempted to take my car off the lift. First lowering the lift, he put the car in gear, which I guess he thought it was in reverse when actually it was in neutral, and revved the engine in high RPMS. Realizing then suddenly put in reverse and still in high rpms tried to back up. There was a loud explosion and he blew out the reverse gear on our transmission. I filled out the incident report. I called back to try to get a name and phone.

Today I spent 4 hours at Walmart trying to get my oil changed. They broke my oil plug. At first I don't think they were going to tell me. They tried to tell me the last person that changed my oil probably messed it up. However, they were the last persons to change my oil. They even tried to get me to drive my car home leaking oil. I wouldn't do it. Then the manager wanted my permission to drive my car outside with no oil in it. I told him I couldn't tell him to do that. I told him I wasn't a mechanic and I didn't know what kind of repercussions that might have. I thought they would push my car outside. However they drove it out. I would not drive it, but they thought it would be okay for them to do it. Now, my car is stuck at Walmart and I have no transportation.

I have upcoming doctor's appointments and have no alternative transportation. I worry how long I will be without a vehicle. I don't want to be stuck at home! This has turned into a very stressful situation for me. I'll never let them touch another vehicle of mine. This definitely was not worth the few dollars I saved. Now I'm worried if they messed my engine up driving it outside the garage. I'm not sure how long they left it idle. Oh God, what did I do? I received no receipt. My vehicle is still there. They told me a claims agent would contact me.

The Walmart Tire Center admits the battery is bad and won't hold a charge. The manufacture date marked on the battery is 8/15. Today is 10/14/16. It has a 3 yr full replacement warranty. THEY WON'T replace it. Furthermore, I waited close to two hours for them to even say it won't hold a charge. The assistant store manager did concede to replace it with a warranty. With the original receipt. Now the interesting thing they're the only store that carries the brand... MAXX Ever Start. Manufactures warranty is a blanket warranty not a store write-off. Am I wrong???

Bought four new Goodyear Eagle LS tires on 12/17/2012 from Walmart and had them installed. Rotated them myself several times and on 10/12/2016, took my car to Walmart to have tires rotated and balanced since lifetime balancing is included. They told me that they would not balance or rotate tires because they were dry rotted. I asked how could this be with only 28000 miles and being less than 4 years old. They said there was nothing they would do. Then said I should replace tires. Another customer who was waiting for his car was also told his tire were dry rotted and no work could be done. Do we see a pattern here? I left with my car and went to another tire shop in town and they rotated and balanced tire and said tires were fine. Went to Goodyear store and they also said tire were not dry rotted. Seems like Walmart is using the dry rot lie to sell more tires. I'll never go back.

In going to get my oil changed the employee asked, "Which one do you want?" I rarely get my oil changed so she starts rattling off my choices. I choose the $29.99. By the time they was done my bill was $50. What!? They fail to tell you. Just because you upgrade you're still going to upcharge. Never again will I use Walmart Lube Center & will highly recommend to my friends not to.

The Walmart TLE is very popular, so it's natural to be swamped on the weekend midday. No reason to be salty to customers with questions. I went to store 0594 to get oil changed. Long story short, Not only did they put in the wrong amount of oil to have my car smoking out, but when I addressed mgt. she was rude and unhelpful. She didn't even Confront the worker to try and resolve the issue. She told me to wait and never came back. When I asked about her they said she was gone for the day.

I came back two hours later to speak to a store manager and when I came, I saw she was there. I asked, "Maam are you back working. The gentlemen said you were gone for the day." She replied "I was. What do you need now." As if I was taken too much of her time already. I told her "I need to see someone about this matter. My car is smoking, they did not perform all the service and I just want my oil change corrected and them to finish vacuum" (included with a synthetic o.c.). She said "well maam I can't help that your car is old and smoking but I can give you a $25 gift card and that's it."

She was very rude, and I didn't ask for money I just wanted what I paid for done right. She said "well maam that's all I have to offer you." She just walked away and I didn't see her again. I had to get someone from electronics to call the store manager. Btw this rude asst mgr is alysha. Don't know the last name. They wear their first names on their badges. Please address this. THIS WALMART'S CUSTOMER SERVICE SUCKS ASS.

Wal-Mart Oil and Lube Company Profile