Wal-Mart Tire & Lube

Research top Auto Service & Towing Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

1321people found this page helpful

Record a review about your experience with Wal-Mart Oil and Lube:

Login to record a Video Review

Walmart Money Card is a reloadable, prepaid debit card that provides consumers with cash-back rewards on purchases they make everyday. Rewards include 3% cash back at Walmart.com, 2% cash back at Murphy USA and Walmart fuel stations, 1% cash back at Walmart stores and up to $75 in cash-back rewards per reward year.

Walmart MoneyCard additionally offers free direct deposit and will allow you send money for free to another MoneyCard holder. The new MoneyCard app is now available to track your money around the clock. Contact us today to learn more!

Consumer Complaints & Reviews

June 16th I bought 2 tires from Walmart and they installed and it seems good at the time. 2 weeks later one tire blew out. I went back to Walmart and they refuse to honor the warranty. I paid full price to replace it. The tires were not balanced like they charge me for and 3 lug nuts was loose. I called the tire center to explain it and Gabriella, Bill and some other person there don't seem to care. I went in the next morning and have them re-balance it and not one apology and still had to wait just like everyone else when this was a fault of theirs.

I had two new tires installed at Walmart in Wilmington, OH and I was very pleased with how I was treated and in a very short wait. The service manager, Rita, was very nice. The two men who installed my tires were right on it and asked questions to me to make sure they do the job right, which makes me aware that they wanted to do the job right and with me being a woman, it made me feel like I knew what I was talking about. The only drawback I do have with Walmart Tire and Lube is they do not have the equipment nor manpower to align the tires after installation. I have to go somewhere else for alignment. Other than that, my experience was appreciated and for a good price.

Went in to have my oil changed on 6/29/2016, at 7:33am. There was one other vehicle in front of me, that was fine. I told the clerk at the counter I generally get the "PIT CREW" oil change, which basically includes oil and oil filter and changing the oil for $19.88. But I was going to be making a trip to Austin so I decided on the "STANDARD" oil change. It included many other things for $29.88 like check tire pressure, transmission fluid, washer fluid, check battery, grease fittings, check wipers, air filter, vacuum carpet, check all lights, wash windshield. I can definitely say I should have saved my money and went with the PIT CREW because on print out I received of everything that was done I think 2 or 3 things we're actually done...

Greased fittings - 0 fittings (what it says), wash windshield - completed (wasn't done), tire pressure - all checked 32 (done), front wipers - checked, rear wiper - checked (there is none), vacuumed carpet - completed (was not done), washer fluid - filled (I filled it myself next day). Needless to say I was ripped off for the standard oil change. Could have gotten the same thing for less money and will never do that again.

Simply, they didn't screw the drain plug back in correctly and I lost all my oil on the highway. When I took it back in to complain, the manager was wonderful but the employee who made the mistake was angry that he was reprimanded so when he was told to give me a free oil change, he damaged my oil pan. I know how to change my own oil and opt not to because of time (takes me an hour as opposed to 25 minutes). I do it myself now.

We bought 4 new tires on June 3. On June 23 two of them blew out while driving down the interstate! There wasn't anything in the road even the driver of the tow truck looked and said there wasn't anything. We took the tires back to Walmart for them to look at hoping they would replace them, but they said we must of ran over something because the rims are bent. They act like we are lying about it which we're not. We have used Walmart for years but I can no longer recommend them after this. Just be careful if you're driving on tires from there since ours didn't last even 30 days.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walmart MoneyCard?

The Walmart I went to was in Warner Robins Georgia just off Russel. I wanted them to move my back tires to the front and the front tires to the back. They said they could not do that because the tires was worn. The tires still had good tread on them... but they wanted to sell me new tires is why they would not move them for me so I had to go home and do it myself in 90 degree heat and I'm 71 years old. When I do buy tires it WILL NOT BE FROM WALMART!

I arrived at Brea Walmart on 6/22 at 5:30pm to have them check my tire pressure in my brand new car. The driver's side back tire was lower than the others. I had asked them if they could check out the tire. The tech says it should take about 30 mins. I waited for an hour and a half with two young children. Once complete I finally pay at 6:58 - took this long for them to patch the tire. I get in my car and pull out one driveway and notice a two huge cracks on my windshield. I immediately pull in the next driveway and address with the assistant service manager who was completely useless. He tells me I need to talk to loss prevention the following day so they can review the video. Wondering what Walmart is going to do to resolve their damage to my windshield. I'm pretty certain when they pulled my car into the bay that the flashlight hanging someone hit my windshield.

I went to Walmart for an oil change and they broke my ignition. I pulled up to the garage door took my key out and reported to front desk clerk. She checked me in. One half hour later a technician comes over to me and asked me how do I shut off my car. He said he could not shut it off. I told him that you had to push it in and turn the switch toward him. I followed him out to show him. He said he thought only 5 speeds had to be pushed.

When I tried to turn the knob, it was jammed. I told him that I never had a problem with the ignition. I then saw him looking at a youtube video on how to fix it. I informed him that I didn't break it and Walmart needed to repair it. He said it could have been broken before I came in even though when he retrieved my car it was parked, the motor was off and he was able to start it with the key he picked up from the front desk. I have spoken with several managers regarding their mistake and so far I have been given the runaround. I have missed 2 work days due to no transportation. There is no transportation where I live. It has been very frustrating for me. The company should be forced to make the repair.

So I went to Walmart for a quick oil change but instead the two workers who worked on my car stripped my screw that holds the oil in my oil pan, therefore it will not hold oil anymore. Instead of the guys being honest and telling me the truth they blamed my car before I got there even though it was fine before. They said not to drive it and to get it towed and fixed. Not sure why it is my problem to have to fix when they were the ones who screwed it up. They also threw away my old plug and stuck a rubber glove, I repeat a rubber glove up inside, but did not care to tell me that until I was almost inside my car. So I called my boyfriend who is good with cars, but both of us working full time we just didn't have time to change the oil ourselves, and told him. He was furious and said to file a claim and I did. Will never take my car to Walmart again. If their workers can't do a simple oil change they shouldn't be working in the field!!

I bought my tires about 3 years ago and paid for the additional service to have the tires rotated and balanced in the future for no additional charge. I have been getting them rotated every 5,000 miles ever since. I went today but because I no longer have my original tire receipt I was refused service. In the past I've taken in my last rotation receipt and had no problem. Why is the past rotation receipt not good enough? If I have to pay to have my tires rotated, I will not go back to Wal-Mart nor will I ever buy tires from there again.

My husband and I had saved for a year to purchase my car straight out so that I would not have a car payment. I've really prayed about what I am doing at this moment. As everyone know my car has been down since Monday, May 23rd, 2016. As everyone also knows, my car was in perfect mechanical condition up until that date. Robert had a evening off from work and he took it to Wal-mart in Elizabethton to have the oil changed. He figured it was a good idea to get it done, especially knowing how busy with work, Montana's graduation and the girls doing some dance stuff at ASU that I was going to be. He left Wal-mart that evening and headed home. There were no stops, between there and here. He made it just outside of Roan Mountain, the oil light started flashing, my car stalled out and would not start back.

Before he even called me, he called Wal-mart, and service manager was very "snippy". He called me, and I thought he was joking, because to be honest, this car has ran at 100 percent since February when I bought it. Mechanically it has been probably the most solid car I have ever owned. Unfortunately, he was not joking. I picked him, and the following morning Chrysler sent someone to pick my car up from Roan Mountain so that they could figure out what was wrong.

Finally, as of last Friday, they figured out that motor is locked. We have made numerous attempts to get in touch with the store manager at this particular Wal-mart. None of our phone calls get returned. This morning the service manager returned my husband's call and simply stated that they were not responsible at all. It is going to cost $5200.00 to fix my car. That is for a used Flex Fuel motor in my car, or to have my motor rebuilt. Chrysler believes it is Wal-mart's mistake and told us of other incident that they were aware of, albeit not as serious as ours. Cars that are running perfect do not simply go from perfect to having to have a rebuilt motor in less than 20 miles.

Simply put no one, not one mechanic that we have talked to believes that this is owner error. 5 people were in my car as passengers the days before this. Wal-mart service people even started it and would be able to state the soundness of my car. They would not have changed the oil if there would have been any issues at all. I've went without my car now for over a week, having to ask my friends, family and everyone else to get me to and from work, help with getting Montana where he needs to be, and here we are with graduation and I am at everyone else's mercy. We are back to being a one car family again. I don't want to have to get an attorney involved, but under the circumstances I have no other options. I have to have a car and soon, and now I am looking at having to get a rental.

I've known this since this last Friday, but no one can believe that Wal-Mart will not make things right. So friends and family I'm parking this post here as a warning. Robert and I don't have that kind of money. I work part time at the YMCA, Robert pays our bills, we have three kids, and I'm still in college. Please do not go to Wal-Mart for even a simple oil change. It may be the cheaper option, but as you see in mine it has costed us a lot already. Now to talk to the news outlets, and Wal-mart Corporate. If they were to make things right, I will be sure to update you guys promptly. In the mean time please just keep praying for us.

I took my car to Walmart in Southport, NC 6/1/2016 for a oil change and I will never go back there. First of all the guy was new. He had to come in the store to ask what kind of oil my car took. It took 2 hours. When I complained the manager went out there to hurry him up. Afterwards when I got into my car I noticed he didn't turn my oil light off. Then I looked and he didn't put a sticker on my wind shield telling me my next oil change. When he did he put one on for 3,0000 miles and I got a synthetic oil change, should be 6,0000 miles. Please if you're smart you will go somewhere else. I know I will!!! It was so bad I got a $10.00 discount.

On Monday My 30, I got took my vehicle to get oil change so I could be on my way to the beach. When I arrived at Walmart I had no leakage and my car was not running weird and smoking. After my visit at Walmart I had those issues. They tried to blame it on the previous company that had changed the oil had me drive 45 mins away with a smoking car and oil leaking to have previous company repair the issue which was never caused by them. The previous company tried to fix the issue for their customer but failed. Walmart had already broken the piece needed to be removed.The supervisor for the company called Walmart and told them what had been screwed up and Walmart tech and supervisor lied. They said I had leakage before arrival and they had mentioned it to me. *smh*

I have spent a whole day with Walmart dumb-ass techs, so at this point I'm heated and ready to just get issue resolved. So I go back to Walmart speak to assistant manager Jennifer who at first was not trying to assist. I contacted corporate and then was able to get assistance. They told me they would fix my truck. A whole day spent at Walmart trying to get them to fix what they messed up. *smh* I will never go to Walmart ever again to get oil changed, they suck and may have ruined my truck. :( Horrible experience, I will not recommend anyone go there.

I arrived at Walmart 30 minutes before they closed to get two tires that I brought in mounted and balanced. I was quoted a price and told to come back in an hour. After an hour I arrived and my car had not even been started yet. Then the mechanic told us that the lug nuts were rusted on which I know is not true because my brakes were done just a week prior and the nuts were removed by hand. After using his air ratchet for over 15-20 minutes with no success he told us that he couldn't get them off and sent us on our way. To top it off he didn't even tighten the bolts on my front tire. This guy was a complete moron and I wouldn't doubt if he was bagging groceries the day before.

I visited the Walmart 3 times in Trainyards in Ottawa, ON to do an oil change. First time I went, they told me they were too busy to take me in since I didn't have an appointment. (Understandable so I left to come back another day). Second time I went, they were open but only 1 staff to tell me "Sorry sir, our staff decided not to come in so we don't have any staff but you can make an appointment for tomorrow 10am." so I did.

Third time I came in, everything was okay. I gave them the keys to my car, waited 45 minutes (which is the time they told me it would take). Come back to get my car and they tell me "Sorry the person that did your oil change last time screwed the bolt in too tight and we don't have any tools to remove the bolt for the oil service... You'll have to go somewhere where they have better tools (suggests me a garage like 30 minutes away)." Little did they know, I did my last oil change at Walmart... Fail. Anyway I went to Canadian Tire literally 2 minutes away and they did it, no problems, without any special tools. Definitely will NEVER take my car to Walmart anymore.

I went to Walmart for an oil change/ install my own air filter. I bought the items at the same Walmart 2 months before. The mechanic opened the 5 qt of Mobil 1 and it was already used by someone else. I was soo pissed the mechanic said I needed to buy more oil to finish the job. So it cost me another $30.00. I will never go there again. They didn't even know how to replace my air filter on my 2007 VW JETTA. BUYERS BEWARE when buying auto products because the mechanics take products off the shelves like oil and filters. Never trust them again!!!

I visited Marion, Iowa Walmart and then did a oil change on our 93 Pontiac Grand Prix LE. 1) Put the wrong oil filter on. 2) Didn't get oil filter tight enough and 3) didn't put enough oil in. Then are very lucky I didn't blow engine up. Another thing I used to work for Walmart Marion, Iowa and they don't tighten oil filters tight. They leave them loose and the manager there Dave is the biggest screw-up. He trains all these ** idiots this way. I will never take a car or truck to Walmart for ** again. They always manage to screw something up.

On April 29, 2016 I took my 2014 Dodge 3500 for a oil change at Walmart on Dickerson Pike in Nashville, TN. This was my first time taking my vehicle there for service. I was greeted probably when I came in, they asked what I needed and then was told that they would give me a call when my truck was ready. Once I picked my truck up my check engine light came on and my truck began to lose power. I barely made it home. Prior to this day I hadn't had any issues with my truck.

I went back to Walmart, spoke with one of the gentleman that works in the service center who told me that no one would be able to help me until Monday. I was very unhappy with that because I really value my truck that I pay over 900.00 a month to be able to drive every day if I'd like. I shop at this Walmart at least three times a week. I WILL NEVER recommend any onto ever use Walmart service center. In the future I will not be shopping there for any of my needs.

O yes I should have read this before purchasing tires at Walmart. Had tires done at Milford PA Walmart all 4 brand new tires on my Toyota Sequoia. Well took a ride up rt 97 in NY along the Delaware river. Was driving over Hawks Nest... a very windy road and overlook along the river. Was about a mile past there all of a sudden bang... my traction light came on. I said to myself I had better turn around and go home. Well I didn't make it. At about 55 or 60 mile per hour again bang. Out of my left eye my rear driver side tire came completely off because of not doing their job right all lug nuts were gone. Almost 1300 dollars damage to my truck. Now I'm in the middle of a mess between Walmart and Geico. DO NOT GO THRU WHAT I DID. DO NOT BUY TIRES AT WALMART.

Today on April 25, 2016 at 5:19 pm I went to get my oil changed at Oxford Walmart Tire and Lube, and it took them over two hours. I had to wait on another employee to get there to change my oil because the other two employees didn't know how. And then when they got done they left oil on my seat and my car was making clicking noises. And when the paper came out, I still had to wait another 15 to 20 minutes because they was still doing stuff under my car.

I got my tires replaced at the Maysville Road Wal-Mart in Fort Wayne, Indiana on the 20th of this month. They did all four tires. Today when I was driving my driver side tire began shaking. I thought I had a flat. When I stopped to check my tires were fine so I kept driving. Then my car started to shake violently. I made it to another Wal-Mart in Fort Wayne thinking my tires were not balanced correctly. They said that they will rebalance them no problem. Then upon walking around my car I noticed I was missing a lug nut so I checked the rest and they were all loose. But the best part was the lug nut bolt had been completely sheared off. Be warned. Do not get your tires done at Wal-Mart. They are terrible. The best part is that it messed up my rim and I couldn't drive my car. It had to be towed to a repair shop.

I went to get my tires rotated and balanced before I went on a road trip at the Wal-Mart on I-40 E. And Grand St. In Amarillo Tx. The lady at the counter told me they could get me right in and it would take about 30-45 min. So I agreed and went walking around inside the store, and about 35 min has past so I go back to check and see and my truck is lifted up with the front wheels and tires unmounted and the rears were still on the truck. So I'm thinking they are almost done! Another 15 min has gone by and there was no change, so I go to question them on what was going on? Nobody out of 7 guys could answer me!l

Fast forward... It's now been 2 hours and my truck is still on the lift with the same wheels on and off! So I go out there and start questioning as to what the ** was going on with my truck and I noticed this kid with 1 of my wheels on the balance machine, and I noticed him putting the wheel weights on the outside of the wheel and tell him they don't go on the outside! So 20 min later he's finally finished with that wheel, so I go back out there and have to tell them not to forget the rear wheels. Some 45 minutes went by and some other guy comes and tells me it was almost ready. So I go back out there and begin looking to make sure there were no weights on the outside of the wheels. Upon my inspection I noticed a deep gouge on 1 wheel and multiple scratches on another wheel, so I question the kid and he wants to act dumb and start to lie! I stop him and called him out on it and he finally admitted to it and walked away then quit his job and left!

I took my car to Walmart in Tega Cay South Carolina March 11th 2016 for an oil change. Return with my car on March 14th because my car was smoking and oil was spewing under the hood. I made a report on that day thereafter as of April 6th 2016 I was told by claims department that I have no claim and it is my burden to prove wrongdoing by their technicians. I was also informed that they are not mechanics and also that they do not have video surveillance within the entire garage (in the bottom bay area). My question is how am I to prove my claim when customers are not allowed to oversee the work being done?

I spent my last on this truck and I cannot afford to replace an engine that was fine when I purchased it in February. I purchased a car in Charlotte where it passed inspection. Now my $2,800 plus the oil change fee is for not! I am pregnant with 2 kids I am a college student and I work part-time and I am at a great loss. I need help and I need resolve soon for I'm having trouble making ends meet without transportation!

I came to Walmart for 2 tires and a oIL change and it has been almost 2 hrs and I'm still waiting. The techs are walking along leisurely with not a Care in the world. Last time I'm ever coming here!!!

My 70 year old grandmother purchased a replacement rim from Walmart in Lewisburg, WV for $125.00. We were guaranteed that it would fit her car. When it arrived it would not fit so they said they would replace it. We went back and they said they would not replace it because they could not replace rims even though they guarantee them to fit. So she is out 125.00 on a rim that is completely useless to us!!!

I have been trying for 2 days to get a new set of tires before my 14 hour trip to FL and the idiots at this Wal-Mart service center won't allow that to happen for me. I called first to make sure they had the tires and they said it was a slow day. If I came now they could get me in next. After waiting for an hour and a half to see my car brought in I inquire. This idiot had lost my ticket and had let 3 other cars ahead of me. He then reassured me that I'm next to get my oil change. I needed tires not an oil change! I didn't have another hour to wait yesterday so I told him I would bring it back the next day. He tells me they open at 8:00 the next morning. I just took my car back to Wal-Mart for tires this a.m. Got there at 8 sharp. An employee outside says,"uhh we don't open until 9 today". So I've been inconvenienced again by the idiots at Wal-Mart and decided that I don't want these morons working on my car at all. 2 wasted trips, still No tires.

Took car to get an oil change at Walmart In Odessa, TX and a man took the keys and took off in it! They said that the man distracted the employee so he could get the keys, the employee ended up leaving the keys on the counter. He asked her about some tires then took off. At first she had stated that she hung up the keys, Walmart is saying that the camera weren't working and does not want to take responsibility.

On July 15, 2015 my granddaughter took our car that she was using to the Wal-Mart store in Muskogee, OK. She had the oil and filter changed. Less than 2 months later she was driving down the highway when the engine started knocking. She stopped the car and noticed that oil was leaking from the bottom of the car. She was unable to drive the car after that as the engine had thrown a piston through the block. Shortly after that I hauled the car back to the car dealer where I had bought it and asked the owner if he could find another engine for it. I told him that there was no rush on it as we had two other cars. At the time I thought that there might be a possibility that something was not done right during the oil change but did not look into it as I was not in a position financially to replace the motor and another one would have to be found anyway.

Just recently the owner of the car dealership found an engine and since I had received our Income tax return I told him to go ahead and fix the car. He then told his mechanic what had happened and when he had pulled the engine he found that the oil filter case had only been hand tightened. He said that the car could have probably been driven that long before it blew up. I contacted the Customer Service department at Wal-Mart and was told that my issue would be forwarded to someone. This afternoon I received a call from the Automotive Service Manager and I told him my story. The first thing he said was that they were not responsible for anything over 90 days old. I explained to him why it had taken so long and he said that their video tapes were only 30 days old and he would not be able to see what was done to the car.

He then began to rationalize about all the circumstances as to why he would not be able to do anything. He then said he would pass it on up the chain and I would be contacted by someone. So, long story short, even if it was the mechanic's fault, if you don't tell them about it within 90 days that's just tough luck. I am waiting to hear what the higher-ups have to say. I might also mention again that the engine blew up within 2 months of having the oil changed and the car had not been taken anywhere else to have service done after it left Wal-Mart. The owner of the car dealership admitted that it was the loose oil filter cap and the loss of oil that caused the engine failure.

I have been calling all morning about I just change my oil at Cape Coral, Fl Walmart and the tech didn't screw in the oil filter all the way and this morning flew off the car and lost all my oil. Possible damage my engine. They even have call me back at all. Now I have to tow my car, lost time at work and no one is calling me back. I wrote back or email me.

Went into the Wal-Mart at Fredericksburg, VA to get 2 new tires and an oil change. They let me know that they did not have the tires in stock, so I ask if the other walmart had them in stock. She was nice, and called. They said they had them, but their tire machine was down, and I would have to bring them back there to have them put on. I agreed. Brought the tires back, let her know that I wanted the new tire on the front, because the tire on the back were almost new (Michelin. 70,000 mile tire with on 23,000 that I drove on them that was still under warranty by Pep Boys).

She told me she understood, but that it would be 2 1/2 before they would be done. I let her know that would be fine, that I had a lot of shopping to do. After the time was up, I paid my bill, went to my car, just to find out they did just what I ask them NOT TO DO!! New tires in the back, old tire that were bad still on the front and the tires I ask them not to take off, now gone.

Went back inside very upset. Told by the clerk she was sorry and that it was her fault and she was going to take care of it. I told her again that I want my Michelin's back on in the back and the new ones on the front. An hour later, she told me thank you for my patiences. By this it was dark outside, and I was very tired. I took her for her words it. The next morning I went outside just to find that they only switch the tires from the back to the front, my Michelin were gone. Need I say I would never buy tires from walmart again!!