Get peace of Mind

Be comforted knowing that your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend My Warranty
Wal-Mart Oil and Lube
1.06/5

Wal-Mart Tire & Lube

Get peace of Mind

Be comforted knowing that your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend My Warranty

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

939 Wal-Mart Oil and Lube Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

Eastwood Wal-Mart is a joke. Let's go back to Christmas. I waited 45 minutes for a manager to come swipe their card. I am a manager. I would get fired if I did that. 2 weeks ago I had to wait 30 minutes for a manager to verify my age because the cashier was under 18. Today I came at 4 for a oil change. I was told it would be 530 until my car would be done because they are short staffed. I said, "Forget it. I will go somewhere else."

I went to my car and my battery was dead. I bought that at Wal-Mart and is under warranty. I went back in and said, "Never mind. We will wait for the oil and a new battery." I took a bus home and got my other car. I was called at 629 and told that they couldn't get the hood open. "You're car techs who can't open a hood." I said there are pliers on the floor board. He said, "Yeah I seen them." This guy was rude to everyone I seen there today and kept saying, "We are short staffed" to everyone. Fire this guy and fire whoever is running this ** show. The best part is I still have to take my car back there.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

WalMart, did oil change, stripped oil plug, so when on interstate oil came out with plug. Ruined engine. Filed claim CMI, was told to have shop give repair estimate for used engine. Shop did. CMI does not answer, or return phone calls from shop or me. I feel CMI ignoring us. I don't want to get attorney, if forced I will. If you want competent car, do not go to WalMart. CMI is Walmart's insurance, belonging to them, like having a fox in the henhouse. CMI adjuster does not return calls.

Get expert buying tips about Auto Service and Repair delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

Purchased the best deep cell marine Everstart Battery from Walmart less than 3-weeks ago, this battery has a 2-year warranty. Within the 3- weeks, I had to charge it three times, the third time O'Reilly Auto Parts told me the battery is bad. I went to Walmart wanting a refund not exchange. They said I would have to call Everstart for refund. I called Everstart, got the number on the battery, it asked me "If you or anyone in your household was 50 years old or more". I entered bo, the recording then said I did not qualify for the free gift. Hung up. Don't buy Everstart Battery from Walmart. Poor service, I lost $140.+. and got a dead battery.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

I went to the Giddings, TX automotive service for an oil change. I was told the price for synthetic oil would be $49.99 and I said fine. I started shopping then about 5-10 minutes later they called me to the back and told me that they ran out of my oil and would charge me an extra $20-$25 for labor because they would have to pull that oil off the shelves. I asked if I could buy it and bring it back and he said they would still have to charge that.

The Assistant Manager came by so I asked why I would be charged an extra $20-$25 when Walmart ran out of the oil. He agreed but then was told by the cashier guy that the Manager, Karen, was the one who said to charge me that and kept telling me it was Walmart policy. I was willing to pay any price difference in oil but the cashier guy said it would be the same oil, the charge would be for additional labor. What the heck? Needless to say, I left and Walmart lost a customer. Not that I went there too often to affect them but they still lost the little I did shop for.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

Don’t waste your time or money coming here. We ordered tires for my car weeks ago through them and then when we came in nobody seemed to know what was going on and everybody was very rude. The old man at the desk was beyond rude and wouldn’t even allow me to get a sentence out to explain why I was there, he just kept cutting me off. When I finally was able to get someone’s attention that my car had been waiting outside for 30+ minutes, they were not able to find my tire order even though I had a receipt and everyone was confused. Spent 45+ minutes just to drop the car off. Not worth it. I see why there’s only a 1 star rating now. Save yourself the time and effort.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walmart?

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

I usually get new tires when I start to notice a little wear on my old tires. So I like to sell my tires for cheap so to benefit those that may not need a new tire yet. This saves me the disposal fee everywhere else. Not at Walmart. They charge you a disposal fee on the tires you are buying not the tires you are taking off. How can you justify charging a fee for something you are not doing. That's stealing. They charge you a fee for not disposing tires? Wow, and that's not against the law.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

4 new tires were purchased for our Mazda 5 at walmart.com and installed at Walmart store in Casselberry FL. Shortly after on a hwy trip we noticed a substantial shaking/tremble of the steering wheel between 60-70 MPH. We returned the vehicle to the same Walmart and the tires rebalanced. My wife drives this vehicle mostly local and rarely does she reach speeds of 50MPH. We did not notice anything until we went on another long trip on the HWY. The shaking/trembling still occurs at speeds between 60-70MPH!

I had my vehicle inspected by Mazda to be told there are no mechanical issues and it was suggested that it was a balance issue and defect of the tires! My wife puts very little miles on the vehicle and the tires appear to be in very good condition with plenty of tread life left. I realize that it's been over a year but the issue is that these tires are defective! I only asked Walmart for some kind of credit so I can replace the defective tires. All that I am offered is an apology! Very unsatisfactory!

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

We bought a 2004 Jeep in perfect working condition two years ago. My daughter over the past year had been taking her Jeep to Walmart for the past year for oil changes. This last oil change was approximately two weeks ago. Yesterday, we noticed an oil puddle in my driveway. We looked underneath the hood and found that the drain plug looked like it was tightened with an impact wrench and the bolt head is showing bare metal. There's also a blue mark showing where they used a torque wrench. (My husband is a mechanic.) We decided not to touch it and immediately brought the Jeep back to Walmart. Spoke to Richard, the supervisor who then had Robert look under the hood.

Robert comes up to the counter, shows us a picture and immediately we were accused of taking the Jeep back and blaming them for something we did. His exact words were "you have this Jeep and are blaming us for something you did." He said it about three times! Needless to say I got a little heated about this and promptly told him to stop saying that as we did not do a darn thing to the Jeep, he and his team did. Robert then tells us that it was the first time they saw the Jeep. Wrong! I tried saying different times to Robert, who by the way informed us that he was NOT a certified mechanic, to look up different numbers in their system because my daughter's boyfriend was the one who actually took the Jeep in for her on multiple occasions. I even told him that Richard, his supervisor, had looked previously in the system and found them all. So, what he was telling us was incorrect.

Robert then goes to say that if they had found something questionable in the first place, they would have brought it to our attention. That did not happen the multiple times the Jeep was brought in and I informed him of this. So, after two hours of talking to Richard then Robert then Richard again, we were told by Richard that he would have to file an insurance claim because it was going to cost more than $500. By the way, I've asked for the pictures they have taken and received nothing.

After all this, we look this morning and there's a huge spill of oil in my driveway. My husband looks under the car and we find that the drain plug has been completely stripped. You cannot tighten it nor take it off! We take the Jeep back this morning and show the picture of our driveway. Now we are told that they didn't touch it at all. And they told us yesterday that the gasket around the drain plug was missing. How did they know that if they didn't touch it?? Now we're told that if we get it fixed, it voids the claim completely. My daughter needs this Jeep to get to work. She's a CNA at a rehab facility 15 miles away. We now have to spend even more money which we cannot afford so my daughter can get to work.

We told my daughter not to take her Jeep to be serviced at Walmart. Despite telling her of the awful reviews and the stories from other people, she went anyway. I had really hoped there would have been a good outcome and I would have written a better review and told family and friends to come to this location. I will now advise everyone to stay clear!

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

For more than 40 years Walmart has been changing the oil in my vehicles. Now they refuse. Why? Liability. Solution: have customer sign release form before oil change and both can be happy. Otherwise, lost revenue.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

I purchased Goodyear Viva 3 tires from Wal-Mart on 11/23. Immediately upon driving higher speeds, steering wheel was vibrating that was not present before. Took it back in for balancing twice in a week but problem resumed as it's a bad tire. They have not stood by their product or giving me what I paid for. Would not replace the tire, instead had me file a complaint with their company CMI. I was told after second balancing to return to have lug nuts checked after driving 50 miles.

When I returned for that, the service manager said they cannot talk to me and I can only speak to CMI. I paid for road hazard, etc and if I cannot talk to them then they cannot uphold warranty I paid for and have requested a refund for that but have not received it. CMI has done nothing regarding this. They sent me an email that was completely blank with no subject or body. They are completely stalling over one $60 tire when this is a safety issue. I am well within scope of warranty and have put many hours into this issue with no resolve.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

Walmart shows a disdain for customers who buy tires from them. The tires I bought turned out to be 8 years old. Their tires are sold to you as "NEW", but are in fact are 5, 8, or 10 years old. They have been sitting in a warehouse for any number of years, but they sell them to you as "NEW". Don't buy new tires from Walmart unless you've checked the DOT NUMBERS which tell the age of the tires. (The dot numbers can be read on the sidewall of the tires). And for sure, do not let them mount the tires on your car before verifying their age.

Once they mount the tires they will ignore ANY complaint you have and will most certainly not return your money. Whether you are right or not they will ignore you. Walmart buys their tires from third parties. Walmart does not stand behind their tires. They pass that on to the third party. This sort of disdain only further supports their need to make a profit without providing a service.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

Tire Lube Ruined our truck- Claims denies us with our proof. I had another shop inspect my husband's truck according to the requests of the Walmart claims department. We had to have the truck towed because the engine is completely destroyed by having too much oil in it. Currently my husband's truck is still sitting at this shop as we have no way of paying for the tow or inspection. The claims department said if they were liable they were going to cover these expenses. As the previous shop said, the truck had entirely too much oil in it from the oil change Walmart did. The claims department contact, Melba, called me a week after the inspection was sent and she rudely told me that there was no way my husband drove his truck for so many miles with so much oil in it without the engine blowing sooner.

She cut me off abruptly every time I tried to speak and proceeded to tell me that she was denying our claim and Walmart would not be replacing the damages. She also said she would be happy to send my attorney a denial as well. I told her to have a good day, In Jesus Name. What they are doing to us is not right. Not one but two different shops have looked at my husband's truck and have confirmed that they put too much oil in it and it caused engine failure. Walmart needs to fix my husband's truck! My husband just got this vehicle in September 2016. It was his 1st vehicle ever. Nobody deserves for this to happen to them and Walmart needs to stand up for their actions and fix their mistake.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

Horrible service at this location. Waited for 3 hours and a customer that arrived after me got the service first after complaining to the manager Joe that we were waiting for a long time. Joe didn’t know that I sitting there and told the cashier to take the other person’s key when I was supposed to be next, the mechanic came back and took my keys after I complained. Still the customer after me got the service first.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

Ordered tires from Walmart. They shipped the wrong tires. They did not ask if tires were correct before installing them. When we contacted customer service we were basically told TOO BAD. No help at all.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

We had a 5 year Walmart auto battery that failed at four years. Wal-Mart claims they will provide a replacement/new auto battery for the price of a new battery MINUS the difference in the warranty that the old battery doesn't make it to (in our situation, it was 11 months shy of the 5 year mark) our pro-rated amount would have been approx $20 to apply towards the replacement battery. They were going to exchange our faulty battery, as it tested no longer good. HOWEVER, when the customer service associate started to physically conduct the exchange/pro-rated return, she began to explain the WARRANTY COVERAGE FOR THE NEW 5-YEAR BATTERY WOULD ONLY BE FOR THE REMAINING 11 MONTHS THAT THE ORIGINAL BATTERY HAD LEFT.

This did not make any sense. We asked questions to make sure we were understanding her correctly. No one contradicted the warranty information she was giving us, not even the supervisor beside her. She was saying we would have had to pay $80 out-of-pocket ($100 price of new battery MINUS the $20 pro-rated/'unused' amount from the first battery failing) and then, per policy as explained, Wal-Mart would ONLY warranty the new 5-year replacement battery for ONLY 11 months. Who in their right mind would go for this?! A pro-rated battery exchange/replacement purchase should, in the end, leave a whole consumer with a whole auto battery and a whole warranty.

The woman had no phone numbers to offer when we asked for a corporate number. She told us to look under walmart.com (so helpful) to see if we could find someone to speak to. When we asked the associate what she would do if she were in our situation, she said that she doesn't buy her auto batteries through Wal-Mart because of this. We will not be returning to Wal-Mart. Poor customer service, low inventory, and not standing behind their warranties have finalized this decision.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

I took my 2009 Buick Lacrosse for a simple oil change. When I brought my car it was running just fine. Later only 5 hours after my oil change my car stopped running. It made a loud sound. The Metro Police Dept had to push me out of traffic. I would not go in drive. Once the police pushed me out of the street I checked the oil and transmission fluid. It had no transmission and low on a quart of oil. Walmart denied having anything to do with my car not running. I have my receipt where they claim to have checked all my fluids. I need their claims management to repair the damages they did to my car. If they don't fix my car I'm going to seek an attorney and the media.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2018

O MY FG GOSH!!! See I really wanted to... let me calm down first. So I normally take my Jeep Wrangler to the dealership for services. However I wasn’t able to get it in before Thanksgiving due to schedule conflict and I needed my oil change done. So me knowing Wal-Mart’s horrible reputation with all service work from previous customers, I decide to try them out anyway. I’m in my Jeep on my way up there Wednesday morning (11/21/2018) at 7:14 AM and I say to myself (Wal-Mart is known for messing people cars up. They better not mess up mine and I laugh about it).

I pull up at 7:24 AM and there's 2 vehicles in front of me getting their cars checked in, 1 car pulled in the bay getting an oil change and the other 3 bays are closed. So the guy walks up to my Jeep. I tell him I need to get an oil change(full synthetic), tires rotated and balanced, a new air filter and I will purchase my windshield wipers and allow them to put on. He says, "Okay. You will be looking at $52.44", I’m like no. It should be more than that but whatever. I said, "Okay let me get out, so I can tell you how I want my wheels rotated", he’s like okay.

So an 1 hr 15 mins have passed. I take my cart to back. Give the tech up front my wipers to be installed, they have now moved my Jeep and it’s up in the process getting tires rotated. I asked the tech how long had it been there because I noticed all my tires were on except the right front. He says oh they just started on the tire rotation. I’m looking at him pissed. So then the first tech walks up to me and says, “Ma’am let’s go over the tire rotation again.” We went over it twice, so that was a total of 8 times. I asked him, “Why does he have the right front tire off?” Tech 1: Oh no let me go stop him, no worries.We will take care of it. I give him the wipers, parked my shopping cart to the side and I went outside to make sure they would do it properly and they did.

So everything is done. They tried to charge me for wipers again but we got that problem taken care of. I left at 9:41 AM. Started on my 4.5 hr travel that took 7 hrs due to traffic, I have a 17 mos baby in the Jeep with me. We get back home. My Jeep is parked after being driven from our 7 hr travel. I wake up the next morning (Thanksgiving Day), to let my doggies out and noticed what I thought was a water spill from maybe the morning mist under my Jeep in the front. I go back in the house, so it’s now 1 pm. The family are all in the Jeep, my husband has started the Jeep and turned on the heat. I come outside and notice something is dripping from underneath my hood very bad. My husband pops the hood and we noticed my Jeep cover underneath my hood has a crack in it and was not put back on and there’s radiator fluid leaking. I’m like WTH.

I said, "Wal-Mart is known for doing stuff like this and this is unacceptable." We took it back up there on Thanksgiving Day. A tech came out. I told him our findings. He calls for the manager Jarred who has been there for 10 yrs. Jarred comes over. I now have to explain to him what’s up, the tech gets on the ground to look under the hood for the leak, I, my husband and Jarred squats down so I can show him. The tech and Jarred said they did not see anything leaking.

Lesson learned. Never will I again. If you are reading this PLEASE PLEASE STOP taking your vehicles to Walmart for any maintenance because they have incompetent technicians. I have previously taken my Jeep there to swap my spare tire due to a flat on the way to work and they ? me 5 times for that. I was very specific then. And they were confused. I specifically told them to take my spare off (my spare is a custom wheel) the back. Put it on the left front. Put the left front tire on the back where the spare is. The tech ask me, "So what are we doing with the flat tire?" I said, "Look. You guys are making something so simple hard and I’m late for work. Why don’t I stay here with my Jeep until you get ready to swap the tires?" And that’s exactly what I did. We pay these people to take care of our autos and this is what our money pays for. I think we need to talk about closing that down. Their horrible.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

I will be contacting the NYS Attorney General about this... but three weeks ago, I went to Walmart Tire Center in East Greenbush, NY to get new tires for my 2014 Honda Pilot. I got there, they weren't taking any more customers because their tire machine was down. I talked to a very helpful associate who used their internal Walmart tire website. (Access to this is only available to Walmart employees, it is not the same site you see online.) This associate suggested a Quality All Season Radial that was on "Rollback" for $99/tire, I was told that they don't have those tires in stock, but they could order them. Have them delivered to Walmart & they would install them... I took a photo of the product # & the price & left, If they couldn't put tires on that day, I wanted to go to the Walmart Tire Center in Glenmont, NY, because it's closer to where I live.

I went home & tried to order the tires from the Walmart website, but even with the item # I could not find them, they were only on Walmart internal tire website... So when I realized that, I went to the Walmart TC in Glenmont, it was the following Sunday when I got a chance to go there, I spoke to the Associate there at the time, told him about what the Walmart associate in East Greenbush told me about which tire I should order. I showed her the photo I took of the website. The Glenmont Associate looked the tire up & they were still on "Rollback" for $99, so I ordered 4 of them.

They told me it should take 3 days for the tires to get there & they would call me when they get there to schedule an appointment & that they would bill me after I had the tires installed, they printed out an Order Invoice that did not include the price of the tire that I ordered (I still have that). I deleted the photo I took because I needed the room on my phone & I thought I didn't need it anymore, That would turn out to be a BIG MISTAKE, hindsight is always 20/20... That was on Sunday.

On Friday I had not received a call from them & it was snowing out & I needed the new tires for that very reason, so I call the Glenmont Walmart TC, & their phone system is so messed up it took me multiple attempts & excruciating waits all to find out... absolutely nothing! I had to stop in the Tire Center so I could get answers as to where my tires were. I get there & they tell me that the tire were there for a few days & they don't know why no one called me. I scheduled my appointment for 6 pm on Monday (3 Days Later).

I get to the appointment at 6 pm on Monday & they are clearly understaffed. I give them my keys, ask them how long it will be, they say it will be done before they close... 2 hours. So I go walk around Walmart for 2 hours, actually i walked around for 30 mins, got a few things I needed for the house & then stood in line to cash out for an hour & 15 mins (because a greedy Corporate Monster like Walmart doesn't like paying its own employees, (Same problem in the Tire Center) so they are trying to force everyone who shops there to work for them for free by only having one register open & the self checkout line... Disgusting!)

So after the line nightmare, I go back to the Tire Center to check on the progress of my car, I get there to see them backing it out of the bay, they park my car & bring in the keys. I check out... $550. Seemed high, but I pay it & as I am walking out the door I check my receipt, only to notice that instead of the $99 the tires I thought I ordered, I was being billed for $110 per tire for same tire.

I turn around & walk back in I talked to the associate who looked up the tire on their website & it is now priced for $110. She tells me she has no idea how to tell how much the tires were when I ordered them & I should come back tomorrow to talk to a manager about it... I go home mad about the bait & switch. The next day (yesterday) after work, I make my 4th trip to Walmart Tire center, I talk to the manager there, tell him what happened. I ordered the tire at $99 ea, they charged me $110 ea, he looks up the tire on their site, tells me that it says they are $110 on the site.

I asked him if he could check the price history, he says he will have to call the website & ask them about the price history & he wouldn't be able to do that until tomorrow, but he would call me tomorrow to let me know what he said. He called me today & lies to me & says there is nothing he could do because according to their tire supplier, the price hasn't changed in months. The old "BAIT & SWITCH." Why don't they put the unit price on the order invoice when you order the tire? So they don't bait you with one price & them charge you with a higher one. Corporate greed knows no bounds.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

The mechanic, replaced battery in my Honda Civic 2016 (60,000 Miles). He connected wrong terminals, so electric harness got burnt, fuse blew. After that mechanic raised hands and said, "Tow your car and go." I had to tow car to Honda dealer, it cost me $2816 and more than 2 weeks of pain and suffering. If anybody has any suggestion How to sue Walmart for this please advise. I am student. Have no money. My phone no **. Email address **.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

I mean, I know it's Walmart. My expectations weren't high. But they managed to disappoint with awful customer service, start to finish. We pulled in today, about 3 PM for an oil change. There is one car in there, so I pull up, not sure where to go, since nothing gives you any indication as to where to go. Finally some big, rude guy tells us to go park. We go in to get set up. The guy in there is so easily distracted. He wasted so much time on the woman in front of us, who wants tires, and he keeps telling her it's so expensive, and to go to eBay. He was looking at what he said were wheels, as in I guess whatever keeps the tires on. Seriously! Then some lady comes in mad, talking to another worker, about something, and he stops what he's doing to watch what's going on over there.

Finally, we get set up. He says about an hour, and hour to an hour and fifteen minutes. We go shop, come back an hour later. They haven't started our car. We wait another 20 minutes. By this time, there is only one guy out there, just walking around. Nobody is working. We stand in line for a bit to ask for our keys back. She says they are outside and get them from out there. We go out, there is nobody around. Finally some guy comes out, and we have to tell him 3 times what kind of car. Clueless. We won't be going back there again. Terrible service. Slow, and incompetent workers!!!

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

Walmart sadly is far more concerned about profits than serving customers needs. I bought 4 new tires. Along with the lifetime balance and road hazard. Tires were on for 1 day and the front driver side tire has a continuous thump while driving below 20 mph. Went to see about having it swapped out for a tire that isn't defective and they balanced the tire!!?? When does balancing a tire fix a thump? Left and went to another Walmart and that store did the same thing. I asked about replacing the tire and both stores said they would not replace the tire because they couldn't feel the thump. They drove my van 25ft!!

Called Bentonville and they basically said too bad so sad that if the store doesn't want to replace it they don't have to. There is no return policy for mounted tires. Any replacement or fix is 100% up to the store. You as a customer have NO say in the process. Sam Walton would puke if he saw what they have done to Walmart and how they treat customers today. But, profits are up and China is happy. Shame on this gazillion dollar company who refuses to replace a tire that cost them about $20! Gotta keep those bonuses up.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

So much for ever buying Tires at Walmart ever again. Got new tires back in January 1st, 2015 and during my oil change in May 2018, they said I need new front tires. The Mileage on the tires at the time was 16,782. Well below the current mileage which is 40,000 or above. The tread was worn right down the middle of each the tire. When I first called them about it they tried to get out of the warranty by saying they no longer sell the tire (how is that my problem?). Today they said I could bring them in and they would check the tire out to see if it was a defective tire. I knew they were going to try to get out of the warranty somehow.

Their final answer was that the tires are not covered under warranty because they were "Overinflated" (32 PSI). Even though the tire has a MAX PSI of 44 (which obviously is extreme) they go off the "Optimal PSI of 30" inside the front door frame. After posting it on Facebook someone recommended that I check the PSI at the time they installed them. I have scanned PDF copies of EVERYTHING!!! They inflated them to 33 at the time of the installation. Had them dead to rights. I took the scanned in the invoice to Walmart on my iPad. They are going to honor the warranty. When I talked with the managers I sounded skeptical that this was even caused by over inflation, but if it truly was it was done at the time of installation.

Having thought about it some more. Today when they originally told me I overinflated them the invoice had all 4 tires at 32. I KNOW for a FACT that the back driver's tire was 30 or below having just checked it last week. The fact they magically came up with 32 pisses me off. I also find out strange how all the tires have the exact same reading during an oil change. At one point since the installation, an oil change receipt said each tire was 34 psi... What are the odds. *Rubs chin*. Next time I go in for an oil change or to get my tire inspected, I'm video recording me checking the tire pressure OUTSIDE THEIR DOOR IN THE PARKING LOT!!

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

Unfortunately with my car I am under the hood a lot checking fluid levels especially due to small oil leak. I put about 1/2 a quart of oil in every few weeks. So I know what my oil filter looks like and before the oil change it was dirty/grimy. I had an oil change done at the Beach Blvd. location in Jacksonville, Florida. Still in the parking lot I popped the hood only to see the same dirty oil filter! I complained at the in store Walmart mgt. but was told to go back to auto department. The mgr on duty took the car back into the shop to check it only to tell me that it had been changed and the problem is my dirty car. He said I could not have a refund and I could just complain to corporate. So I did. I was allowed to get a refund. But my car started having problems soon after.

I realized that bolts holding on the two back coils were gone, the coils were just sitting loose in the cylinders. Also radiator fluid was getting into the spark plug cylinders. I slightly adjusted the radiator hose at the top and no more leak. These were things that could have been done in a couple minutes to sabotage my car and if I could prove it was them (upset at me for catching them not changing out filters to help their bottom line) I would sue them! I did have an oil change elsewhere and it was obvious that the filter was new.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

Being a previous Walmart tire and lube technician I know the policies and procedures. I went in to the Texarkana, AR Walmart to get a battery replaced on a 2003 VW Bettle. I left it there being that it was backed up. 30 minutes later I received a call saying they are unable to do it as they do not work on vehicle batteries that have a computer in the car. So I picked it up and drove home and called the Auto Care Manager and asked her if it was true that if the car has a computer in it that they will not work on it, she said it was true.

So I then broke it to her that I am a former technician for Walmart and I know that we were supposed to do what we were paid to do. Just because we had claims on oil changes did not mean that we could quit doing oil changes, she then admitted she was new and would talk about it when she goes to training next week. Walmart, you are so focused on the Academy program but are not narrowing down to the smaller managers. If a cigarette company had bad cigarettes so they just changed the way the box looks doesn't mean that the cigarettes inside the box are more trained. Learn to train other managers besides setting them on a computer doing stupid lessons that do not help.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

I went to my local Walmart to get my oil changed, they said 1 car was ahead of me and my car should be next. I waited 2 HOURS and after I returned to that place they still hadn't touched my car (I had to wait 30 extra minutes because there wasn't any attendant at the register, yeah Walmart) and then they told me the same story, "There is a car ahead of you." I canceled my service and made an appointment with the dealership, they took like 20 minutes or less to change my oil. If you value your car and time don't go to Walmart.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

Had my oil change with Mobil 1 full synthetic wonderful product. The problem is they don't get to oil filter tight leaking oil everywhere all over my driveway, all over my engine compartment. I couldn't be more upset with that. Will never go back to Walmart for an oil change again.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

So I went to Walmart to balance and rotate my tires because I thought Walmart would have the best deals. After it was all said and done somehow my battery went bad so I paid to have it replaced and after I left the store my car was shaking and swerving so bad I had to go to another tire shop. After their inspection I was told the balance was off by a 1/2 an ounce and the forgot to tighten my lug nuts on all 4 tires! I could have been seriously injured or died because of the neglect they had.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

Went to Parker & Chambers Walt-Mart at 2:00 pm. Request oil change and asked for estimate time. They told me there are two cars in front of me so 30 minutes 40 top. I agreed, so they get my info and they will call me if as soon as they will be done with the job. I walked into the store to do some shopping. By 3:05 pm I went to the cashier at Oil & Lube. After waiting for a couple of people the lady asked me for my info and call the guy, he came and told me: "Do not rush me, it is just me and my buddy here..." I replied: "Are you guys in the middle of it?" He said: "No, we haven't start yet with your car..."

This place is a Joke, Walt-Mart hire those guys that are not certified, fine! Just to change oil, no big deal, but at least hire people that actually work, they are talking, smoking, walking back and forward and pile the cars. Open the hook and that it. If you have nothing to do and you are willing to wasting 3 hours for a oil change just go there, anybody can change oil and filter in 15 minutes.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

I took my car in for a routine oil change. I was satisfied with the time it took for them to do this. I was checked out. Asked to sign off and given keys. I then went to finish my shopping. About 20 minutes after I had paid and received my keys, I was called and paged to come to the tire and lube express. The manager met me in the aisle to inform me that my car window had been rolled down and left during a heavy rain and my car interior was "a little wet". When I went outside to check, it was more than a little wet and my door and instrument panel on the door was soaked. The manager refunded my money after I demanded this, but refused to do anything more or even say that they would be liable for potential damage. He also refused to get me in touch with anyone higher than himself. He informed me that there was no store manager. Corporate has been called.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2018

Oil change and tire leak check, Marquette, MI. - So how long does it take to do a 30 minute oil change? First car in at 8am to do oil and check a leak in the tire. 1.5 hours later I see the car is out, must have been just recently out. They said we just finished the oil and it’s back in line for the tire. Their sign said oil 30 minute, tire 1 hour. 3x as long for the oil meant could be 4 hours for the tire and to get in. Their tech worked on the car the entire time, or should I say was trying to look like he worked. He didn’t leave the car for the 1.5 hours as far as I could tell. Needless to say the tire will go to a different shop or I will do myself without proper tools in about the 30 minutes. Oh and they did not reset the need service light as well. The gal at the counter’s defense was a nasty, "I didn’t check you in, I don’t know what you were told."

Wal-Mart Oil and Lube Company Information