Wal-Mart Oil and Lube

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

Wal-Mart Oil and Lube Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wal-Mart Oil and Lube?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walmart?

Original review: May 21, 2022

I was on my way back from a business trip in north Missouri when my car suddenly started shaking all over at speeds over 60 mph. At one point during the trip back I experienced what seemed like a rock bouncing around my drivers front wheel well and my car started vibrating. Thinking I had lost a wheel weight (factory tires and wheels) I stopped on a Saturday afternoon at Walmart in Moberly Missouri and told them my problem. They agreed I had probably tossed a wheel weight off. They had me in and out in little over an hour. Sure was glad they were there. Car is driving silky smooth now.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2021

I would recommend this auto service for continual follow up of required preventive maintenance on your vehicle, great pricing on tires, tire rotation, oil change, light replacements and a myriad of other services that need to be done regularly but at a very reasonable price. They do not do major auto adjustments such as brake installations, wheel alignments or engine repairs. However, their basic vehicle up keep services are great.

Get buying tips about Auto Service and Repair delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2021

I took my car in for a deluxe oil change. They took way longer than they said it would be (20-25 minutes ended up being 55 minutes) and then they didn’t even do all that they said they were going to do. I’m not sure what the problem was because they weren’t even busy. Maybe it was a new mechanic (?). I might possibly give them another chance, but my first impression wasn’t very good.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2021

I know you go to Walmart for groceries and your essentials. Now you have to rush off to a shop to get your oil change and tires. Guess what, you can do it all at Walmart. Most of us do not know that Walmart offers the best service as a relates to routine maintenance on your car and the tire sales service. You can also add a protection plan on your tires that is the best in the industry. And like Walmart always does timer for time it’s going to be the best price. No my last name is not Walton And I do not own stock in Walmart but these guys treat you like family and you can do your shopping while your car is being fixed. This saves you the most valuable thing in the world, time. Also it saves you money.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2021

They were reasonable and efficient. They gave a accurate estimate. They finished the job in a timely fashion. We Did not need appointment . Would use services again if the need arose.. Easy to work with and no hassles or delays.

Original review: April 23, 2022

This is the only Walmart that has issues and I've been around the world just this in paticular walmart that has issues. First issue- the person I was with didn't pay for something in her shopping cart. Lp came to her literally stated he was a federal agent and she needs to come with him not me but her however I'm not going to let a women walk into trouble so I went with doing so we both got band from that place. I called corporate explained what occurred. They said they are removing band and I won't be trespassing if I chose to go as I did nothing wrong. So if we make a mistake we pay for it whether it is by legal or walmart itself But what about the mistake lp made Impersonation of a federal agent and putting their hands on a customer illegal lp can not touch you federal agent can.

2. Went back to see this agent and employee lost is row of shopping carts hitting my car spoke to same guy he said he sees the video make a claim. Claims is saying they can not find video so can't do anything. How is that my problem your employee has already stated he saw it. 3 I sent my father to get my 1 year old meds at the start of covid. He forgot his iphone on the counter. He went back for it as find my iphone showed it there. Asked rep to give it to him. Rep said, "No the persons it is has already called. He is coming to get it, leave or I'll call the police. He said, "Hold the phone up to my face, it will unlock. It's my phone." she refused to even pick it up herself to do so yes one police got there, they did exactly that and handed him the phone. So when we steal something from walmart we go to jail. When walmart employee tries to steal from a customer she get nothing?

4 Went to Autocenter for oil change they had no filter instead of asking me they went to shelf, picked up the wrong filter, put it in my car then told me I need to pay for filter as well as oil and filter change. What? WHAT I got a oil and filter change of what I'm paying for not a oil and filter and filter change. Asked for management got refused. So called corporate in front of them and got the keys thrown at me telling me never come back or else... Or else... Or else WHAT?

Got called back by management, they checked my filter and said it's fine. Yet my oil pressure sensor went out. I asked dealer, they said, "Well you have to put something on top of sensor to not get oil on it." when I asked walmart they said, "Oh well you chose to come to walmart when you know you need a VW certified." so was sent to vw to run a check thinking they are smart COZ IF I DID CLAIMS DOESNT TAKE IT AND CALL IT TAMPERING and sorry I think it's reps responsibility to tell customer they are not certified to work on this car would you like to proceed same with filter "we don't have filter would you like to buy 1 from shelf and we will install?" Guess walmart has a different training program for Marsh ln and 161 walmart. THATS THE KIND OF REPS WALMART HIRES

Original review: April 6, 2022

I took my vehicle to the Rutherford location so that I can shop while getting my oil changed. We were driving to Virginia Beach for my children’s Spring break. Well the next day after the oil change, my check engine and service park assist light came on. Took it back to Walmart and they made every excuse and never did anything to rectify the situation. I then took my vehicle to be inspected by a mechanic and was informed that my 02 sensor had a lot of oil on it and was damaged. I contacted Walmart’s corporate dept and have yet to hear back from anyone! So upset!!! Our trip was delayed and I spent unnecessary additional money!!! My vehicle is not old at all!

Original review: Jan. 16, 2022

I used to take all my vehicles to Walmart for their oil changes due to the convenience, but for the past year of 2021, and so far 2022, they have made me wait for almost 2 hrs for a tire change and/or oil change each time I’ve tried get one done, and I say tried because I always end up having to leave. The first time I even had an appointment! The employees act like they don’t want to work when it’s a little cold outside and they attempt to discourage you about leaving your car with them by telling you the wait time in hopes that you say never mind. Now if you leave your car after their warning they will literally let it sit there and won’t work on it for HOURS! I guess to just show you that you should have listened, smh. I won’t take any of my cars there from this point forward. It’s a shame because I was a loyal customer, and they can fact-check that by just pulling up my name in their system.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2022

Do not bring your car to this Walmart. They hire very bad mechanics that will destroy your car and blame you if complain about it. Beware. They have stripped my oil filter cap, didn't put screws in plastic under my car, new leaky battery of acid which I only had for a short time, sold me a bad tire which bought 4 new ones from them and one was bad, didn't balance tires correctly, so they told me to not come back. Instead of hiring good mechanics. I have gave them a lot of business too. So beware, they can do it to you and your car too.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2021

Got oil change. It leaks and was overfilled. Returned to be told I didn't know what I was talking about. 5 employees all told me incorrect procedure for checking oil and refused to do it properly resulting in an overfill of oil. And they are still refusing to check the oil to manufacture guidelines. They insist that you do not check the oil on a cold engine and don't wait for 5 to 10 minutes for the oil to drain down.

Wal-Mart Oil and Lube Company Information