Wal-Mart Oil and Lube
  • 1 star
Based on 57 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Wal-Mart Tire & Lube

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Dec. 8, 2017

877 Wal-Mart Oil and Lube Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

Son had his oil changed at Columbia, TN. Walmart store 192. We found out today when we took it for another oil change at Walmart that the last person had torched the oil plug so tight that the oil was leaking and they couldn't change it. If plug removed it will warp the oil pan and that will have to be replaced. We were told by our mechanic it will cost close to $500 to fix. This is a new car and he is going to college in another town. When we called Walmart about it, we were told they do not take the oil out by the plug anymore. That they have something that sucks the oil out at the dipstick. I have never heard such bull in my life. Will never recommend Walmart for anything!!!

Original review: Dec. 3, 2017

I bought 4 Douglas Tires from Walmart in July 2017. They have a 45,000 mile tread wear warranty. It is now Nov 2017 and tires are down to the wear bar. I put just a little over 10,000 miles on tires and they are so worn, 2 tires have plugs and 1 will not hold air. I took tires to Walmart, asked them to prorate and honor the warranty. All I wanted was 2 new tires. Because I did not have the tires installed by Walmart or service station (my brother mounted and balanced with professional equipment) they would not honor the warranty. Told me to contact the manufacture. I talked to the manager, showed him the tires. He said, “Well, they are not on rims and there is a plug right there”. I said, “They are worn to the wear bar and so worn out I had to buy new ones".

There are plugs in tires because they are worn out! I only had tires for 4 months, put 10,000 miles on them. I do not have a work order dated when the tires were installed. They could not help me...I showed him my dated receipt, my vehicle service records (dated and mileage recorded), said my inspection sticker is more proof of date and mileage. I bought from Walmart and they sold me tires with a mileage warranty, not the manufacture. (They should honor the warranty and take it up with the manufacture themselves!) They refused to honor warranty. Basically being a do it yourself mechanic, Walmart warranty does not apply ---- they do not state this or tell you when buying tires and you refuse their installation (they say free installation, yet charge you for mount and balancing each tire).

They also charged me $2.50 each tire when purchased for tire disposal of the old ones, that never happened. So aggravated by Walmart policy and how they are never held accountable for not honoring warranties. I know I am only 1 of hundreds of people that have had these problems with Walmart. I tried to find information to contact manufacture - Douglas Tires are made by a subsidiary of Goodyear. I keep getting the runaround and no confirmed answers!!!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

Went to Walmart for a simple oil change. I'd went a year prior and figured since I had a good experience I would go again. Everything was fine with my car when I left my house, I live less than a mile from the nearest Walmart. I went in and was told I would be ready in 30 minutes. My car was done and I was notified. When I got back into my vehicle I turned the ignition and placed my foot on the break and noticed that it went all the way to the floor. I was skeptical as to why it was like this but figured it may correct itself as I drove. Drove a bit and then the brake light came on. I went straight back to Walmart and reported my findings and of course everyone denied damaging my brake line. My car is not new I will admit, but has been running fine up until they pulled it out of the bay. Brake line still damaged. I will NEVER take another vehicle to Walmart for service!

Original review: Nov. 26, 2017

I went to 918 Bandera Rd, San Antonio Texas location for an oil change and asked for a conventional service which includes 5W-30 oil and a filter so they took my car for the service. After 10 minutes I received a phone call saying they won't be able to do this service because my car has to have a more expensive full synthetic oil on it... So I asked why? They said the manufacturers said it... I went to the box glove and pulled my owner's manual where clearly states I have the choice to use both and it won't affect the warranty (the dealership always performed 5w-30 for me) but there was a Hispanic man in charge who had a bad attitude and didn't wanna even take a look of the owner's manual book. So they pulled my car out shop and denied the service. It's sad to see people like this working miserable lives in places where they don't want to be...

Let's give a chance to more skilled people who actually want to work and know how to do things the right way or at least listen to customers and learn. I called the 1800 customer service number which didn't help much just saying I have ask to talk with the store manager, which I tried to do but one employee didn't allow me just saying he was at lunch and asked him over the phone about my situation and ** instructed them to denied to perform the service... I hope this review helps someone else and avoid dealing with stubborn incompetent people from this store and support local businesses. You might think Walmart is huge and my business won't make any difference... Wait to see how losing one customer at a time works. Thank God we have social media and more choices...

I will go to Amazon and buy the oil and filter online and get free shipping straight to the small mechanic shop across the street and save money. Walmart wants to charge $45 for this service... Compare to $25 in oil and filter from Amazon plus $15 to the mechanic shop in labor so I still saved $5 bucks. Thanks Walmart for being rude, incompetent and stubborn since it helps me to realized I can get more quality for less and watch out since Amazon is doing great taking your customers away... One by one. Good luck to everyone.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2017

Tires are smaller than normal and look funny on car since the idiots at Wal-Mart did not read instructions. Much worse they broke 2 studs on wheel and tried to hide it, then lied. Since I am crippled I am now stranded with nothing to drive 1 week before surgery with no time or money to fix. I will be stranded for who knows how long now. Do NOT go there for mounting, it will cost you hundreds in repairs!!! Or worse - since they pretended nothing was wrong when it is unsafe to drive you could have an accident and be maimed or kill somebody. OTHER SITES LIKE WALMART.COM WILL NOT LET ME SUBMIT A BAD STAR REVIEW, LOCKED OUT.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walmart?

Original review: Nov. 12, 2017

Omaha Wal-Mart on N. 99th St changed oil in our 03 Frontier. Got it back home and checked the vehicle and saw gashes in the bumper on each side of the front license plate, the same distance on the left and right from the license plate frame. One of the gashes cut all the way through about an inch vertically, you can see a small fracture line going down from the gash. Just hand washed the car yesterday, so I know it wasn't there prior. Pick up time was 3:10 pm.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

I have tried several times to get my oil changed in our cars and I am always told they don't have time. To come back earlier in the day on another day. But if you do they still say at least a 3 or 4 hr wait for a change. For one thing I work and cannot be there whenever they open and for another it doesn't take an hr to do 1 oil change.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2017

Always friendly and courteous. They have the best oil on the market. They will do you right not always fast but they have so many people that need oil changes. They will do other things as well like restoring headlights and tire changes etc. Burgess Road in Harrisonburg is my favorite Wal-Mart.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

I went in to get a tire patch. I sat there 3 hours just for them to tell me they couldn't patch and they'd order one and it would be in the next day. Well it didnt show up the next day for starters, but also found someone that would repair the tire. The whole time I waited they was all playing around walking in and out of the garage.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

I will never go again. I waited an hour to get an oil change while I do some shopping when I left. I kept smelling something burning but I figured they must have spilled some oil when changing it. The next day I called them. They said they don't check that kind of problems so I checked it to find my oil cap missing so I went to Wal-Mart and they apologized and topped it off and said if I can wait for the manager cause he was busy. I Will Never Go Back.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2017

On 10 July Walmart replaced a battery on a 2010 Infiniti. When removing the battery, acid spilled on the right fender. In a few days the acid wore through the paint to bare metal. Walmart claims no responsibility, claiming they always cover the fenders when doing work under the hood. But there is no other logical explanation for the bare metal spots on the fender. So now I face a $500 bill to repair the fender. No more trips to Walmart.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

10-9-17. I took my car to get a oil change at Wal-Mart Webb City, Mo. My wife and I shopped in the store... After coming to the counter I was told. It was no charge because they had a "environmental hazard" because the drain plug was stripped on the socket side. I blew up... I was told by the Manager of The Webb City Store someone would contact me. No one called. I took the same car to a local shop. They had no problem, They changed my oil, oil filter and off I drove. I changed big rigs oil for 8 years, I have never been insulted as bad as today. Your workers in Automotive at Webb City should all be fired and close it down. If a stupid drain plug is slightly stripped take it off with channel locks and move on... Really!?? I was told MGR would call me today. No Call! I am pissed. I hope they close every one of your Auto Stores! I will never use another Wal-Mart Automotive Dept... A bunch of **.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

I took my car there for an oil change today 9-26-17. After about 40 minutes they come and get me and tell me my car won't start! Now keep in mind my car ran when I drove it there. It also started when they drove it into the bay... They also moved it to another bay. Why? I have no clue... Then I have no clue what they did but my car wouldn't start... They proceed to tell me they never did anything to it. It wasn't their fault... They called in a mechanic that was off duty to look at it... After he continued to take things apart and kept trying to start it up it started sounding really bad and he closed the hood told me there wasn't anything they could do. It wasn't their fault and pushed it out of the bay.

Then refused to give me my keys till I paid for the services they did to my car! Not to mention now me and my daughter are stranded at Walmart!! Well I had to have my car towed home from there... Pay to get myself home... I cost me $59 to get my keys back from them... And they were so rude. It was ridiculous and threatened to call the police on me because I wanted my keys so I could have my car towed! I have already contacted my lawyer and I will be contacting the store manager tomorrow because the auto manager wouldn't file a claim for me. Just kept telling me they weren't paying for my car... Now if I wouldn't have driven my car there. if it wouldn't have started prior to them working on it or if I would have left with my car I wouldn't be upset but I drove my car in and they pushed it out!!! This was the Walmart in Monticello, In.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2017

I took new wheels and tires to Walmart to be mounted and balanced --- they call me later and tell me 3 out of 4 are bent. They bent them and refuse to take responsibility. Turned it over to their self insured insurance company CMI. Adjuster stated I would have to prove that they are responsible. They were new when I took them in and the dealer stated they were inspected before they were shipped. I believe that because I inspected them also. I was looking for hairline scratches --- I would have noticed any other problems. Also the dealer has almost a 100% positive reviews. Would not have that raring selling bent wheels.

Dealer asked for pictures of wheels and Walmart refused to let me take pictures. This impairs my ability to pursue refund from him also. I have a time limit to submit his request. But his website clearly states if tires are mounted on wheels returns are not excepted. Walmart did not realize they had bent them until they tried to balance them. I am out $599.00 for the wheels and $76.00 for the mounting and I have nothing I can use. All I want is what I had new wheels -- not requesting anything extra even though I have auto without wheels.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2017

DISHONEST. LIERS. DECEIVERS. MANIPULATORS. CROOKED. IRRESPONSIBLE. DISHONORABLE. On September 1, 2017 I got an oil change at the Walmart in Corpus Christi, Tx... And on Wednesday, September 6, 2017 my car started to make a disturbing loud noise, the car stalled and I had to pull over. After checking a couple of possibilities with no answers, I then decided to check my oil levels, at this point I discovered my oil dipstick was BONE DRY. I immediately called Walmart to inform them of this situation... (I thought how could this be, I just had an oil change). I figured maybe the cap wasn't put back on correctly or at least not secured properly (after all I had absolutely NO problems with my car before September 1st and I JUST had an oil change).

The auto department manager Richard meet me at the location of my car. When Richard arrived, with my September 1st oil change receipt in hand, he examined the car, checked the oil stick, and also agreed that there was no oil and took pictures. He couldn't authorize a tow truck at that time so I had to pay for one myself. The next day, my car is now at my personal mechanic garage. Richard showed up as well to examine the bottom of my car. Where he found splatters of black oil underneath my car. Richard informed me that their oil change bays had cameras and he would turn his finding over to the investigators of Walmart and they would call within 24 hours. WELL... as of September 22nd NO ONE has called me, NO ONE has returned any of the 30 calls that I made to them or the investigators nor responded to any of messages. They refuse to take my calls or hear me.

They refused to take responsibility or own up to their mistake of lack of attention to detail on customer's cars. I take pride on the preventive maintenance of my vehicles and Walmart failed to provide that service. That failure has resulted the inoperability of my vehicle which now sits in front of my house unable to be moved. I am thoroughly disappointed that my trust in Walmart has been violated and my continuous effort to reach out has gone unanswered or ignored.

I am a VERY loyal customer to Walmart. I spend thousands of dollars a year in Walmart. I'm in my Walmart 3 to 4 times a week. To receive this level of disrespect and disregard is heartbreaking. I am thoroughly disappointed in the way I have been treated thru this process. I just want Walmart to take responsibility and fix what they KNOW they broke. I will be informing my friends and their friends to NOT take their cars to ANY Walmart because I wouldn't want them to experience these atrocities that I have experienced. Sincerely, your former loyal customer.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2017

November of last year, I went in to get my battery changed. They changed the battery. I left. But I started having issues with my battery holding a charge when it hadn't even been a year. First, a mechanic suggested I purchase a new battery. I told him it hasn't even been a year. He looked through the computer and verified what I said. A mechanic suggested I take it to a mechanic. I did. The mechanic said they could change out the alternator for a bit under $300. Looking again, I noticed the bracket to hold it in place was missing. I told Walmart's manager. He suggested purchasing a new bracket and said they'd install it. I did. They did. The manager apologized for the oversight, refunded the cost of the bracket, and pointed out they had an entirely new and trustworthy team.

Reassured by the manager, I asked them to change my oil. They did -- they said, and charged me for a synthetic oil change. However, the oil has not been changed. But, that's a little tough to prove. However, the reason I can tell is my car is unbelievably quiet when it runs, typically. Right now, it sounds like a rusty wheelchair with Barnum and Bailey piled on top of each other with animals in tow. Basically, it's extremely loud! I'd bet my left arm the oil change was never performed. In addition, I had asked to have my tires rotated, but they said they couldn't do it because one of the bolts was stuck. Needless to say, I'm not sure if their hiring skills are off-kilter so they continually hire incompetent people, or if my luck with Walmart is HORRIBLE. Whatever the reason, it's not one I can leave to chance when it comes to the well-being of my vehicle and the money leaving my wallet. I'll drive right past Walmart and go back to Jiffy Lube.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

I bought 2 new tires on Sept. 7, 2017. First, I was told when I checked in that it would only take about an hour. After shopping for that amount of time I came back to check on my vehicle and the auto manager informed me that they hadn't even gotten to it yet. She informed me that they only had 2 techs on duty but assured me that my vehicle was next in line. Feeling a little annoyed that they didn’t provide that information for me upfront I asked if it was going to take another hour. She assured me it would not. It did, in fact, end up taking another hour. After the 2nd hour she was giving every excuse in the book as to why it took so long. She even blamed the customer's truck that was in front of mine (which by the way, he was sitting near where I was while he was waiting for his truck to be finished also). Finally, after a 2 hour wait they had finished with my vehicle.

I was actually getting the two new tires because I was going on a trip that day. Several hours into the trip my dash informed me that I needed air in my tire. After battling to get my vehicle to the tire shop, the general manager at the tire discounters shop showed me how to find the right tire size on my door panel and showed me that Walmart had put the wrong size tire on my vehicle. I ended up having to have 4 new tires put on my vehicle (the correct size that is). They gave me the two new tires I bought from Walmart so I could return them. I brought the two tires back to Walmart when I returned home and the same manager was there. She was not willing to admit she owed me a refund until she checked my car panel and was to acknowledge they put the wrong size on. She now started complaining to me at the cash register that they weren't going to be able to re-sell those tires I was returning because they were now used (as if that was my problem).

She did, in fact, refund the cost of the tires but she would Not refund the cost to mount the Wrong size tires they put on. She did the absolute least possible that she had to do. She never once apologized for my inconvenience and never did she actually take responsibility for anything. It's the worst management I have seen in quite a while. She may have ripped me off on the mounting of the tires but I can assure you I will NEVER take my car back to Walmart again.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

I just got home 5 minutes ago from trying to get an oil change done, simple, pit crew option they offer. I get it done every time for both of my cars there. I decided to call ahead to check on the wait, see if they can get me in. The guy I spoke to (didn’t get his name) reassured me if I’m in by 7pm (which it was about 10 til) they can get me in since they don’t have any others in line or waiting. He told me they close at 8pm. This is Walmart in Lorain, Ohio. I came in and the guy at the register denied me service because "they close in an hour". Why the heck would you guarantee me service over the phone but be two faced like that?

They had 4 people in the back standing BSing among each other, no cars, door was wide open, and no cars outside. I wasted my time even driving up there. I for one will not be going back. That was a slap in the face and disrespectful. It’s better to go to a mom and pop shop anyways. Corporate cant seem to hire any worthy employees in their auto department. After this experience, I wouldn’t even give them 1 star.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2017

I ordered 2 new tires online and that went through just perfect. I have never had a problem with their online service. Went to the Store in Lawrence, Kansas to have them installed and was told at 9:30 am it would be at least 2 hours before they could install the tires. Around 12:00 or 12:30 I asked them how much longer. They admitted that the computer had placed another vehicle ahead of me and they would get right on my car. They pulled it into the shop, but didn't start working on my car and continued to work on the vehicle that had been placed ahead of my car.

I then noticed that nothing was going on in the shop, but I could hear someone talking. I went over to the garage doors that were open and they were all standing in a circle and the manager was talking to them. This went on for 5 or ten minutes and this is when I decided to call 1-800-walmart to give them a piece of my mind. I spoke with a very nice lady who said she would call the store immediately and have the store manager go back to the automotive department to find out what the hold up was and the manager would come and explain to me why it was taking so long. I then noticed there was nobody in the shop at all. I went back inside to discover they were hiding in the hallway just inside the shop door, so I could not see them. After about 45 minutes they all went back to work and the automotive department manager (Shawn) came out of the shop and disappeared into the store.

The store manager never showed up and finally the guy at the desk answered the phone. I heard him say the car was in the shop being worked on and then he went back to the shop. I'm assuming he was talking about my car. The lady on the phone asked if the manager showed up and I explained that is sounded like they just called the automotive department to find out what was going on. She then called the store again to find out why the store manager never looked me up to explain what was going on. Finally the store co-manager showed up to talk to me.

I told him what the problem was and that I had been there for several hours and was fed up with it taking so long and about the other vehicle being placed ahead of my car. I also told him about the meeting and how they tried to hide from me. He went into the shop for about 5 minutes and then came out and advised the car was be promptly serviced and they would give me a discount on the charges. They finally got the tires installed around 2:15, so we had been there for almost 5 hours. They waived all the charges (a little over $12.00) and gave me the key.

I noticed when I got in the car that the tire pressure monitoring system (tpms) dash indicator was indicating the front right tire only had 24 lbs of air. I checked the tire pressure with a gauge and it had about 32 lbs of air. I decided to drive it on the interstate to see if it would update with the correct pressure. We drove it about 7 miles and it never updated with the correct pressure. We took it back to the store where they replaced both front tpms sensors after checking out the tires and the tpms indicator on the dash. We finally left the store about 4:30 pm, so we had been there for 8 hours just to get 2 tires installed. They did not charge us anything for the tpms sensors.

I am so fed up with Wal-Mart's service, that I will never and I mean never let them touch my car again. There is not a darn thing they can do to change my mind. I love Wal-Mart, but their automotive service department is the worst that I have ever seen. I swear a monkey could run that department better. Their people have no idea what they are doing. I understand they had 2 people call in sick, but that manager should have been out in the shop and helped. I get the feeling they could care less about customer service and only want to offer lip service.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

On, August 9, 2017 at about 3:00 pm I decided to visit my local Walmart in the City of Brawley, California, in order to have four new tire installed on my 2004 GMC Sierra 1500. I spoke to the staff there and decided on the size and brand of tires. I went through the entire song and dance prior to giving up my keys. The employee advised that it would be about an hour. Which was no problem since my wife and I would stay and shop at the store while the tires were installed. About fifteen minutes into the install, I received a call from a guy at the tire center. He advised that the tires that were being installed were going to be just a bit wider. No mention of anything else.

About an hour later, I received a call that the truck was ready. We went back to the tire center and paid for the tires. I received my printed receipt. Again, no mention of anything remarkable by the staff at the center. My wife immediately noticed a small dent or divot on the front passenger wheel. The truck has stock chrome wheels that are in brand new condition. So, any damage would be evident. Then we noticed all four wheels had similar damage. I immediately returned back into the store and spoke to, Jorge, the assistant manager for the tire center and notified him of the damage to my wheels. His response was that the wheels were damaged when I brought the vehicle earlier that day for the tires. He said that it appears as if who installed the tire previously, damaged the wheels by installing weights on the outside of the wheel, then removed the weights once they realized their mistake.

I explained that was impossible because there was no damage to the wheels when I washed the truck at home that morning. That was the end of that conversation. I proceeded to take photos of all four wheels and left the store parking lot. I called the Walmart store manager, YAYA, and explained to her what had occurred at her store earlier. She asked that I return to the store so that they could look at the damage to the wheels and I can fill out a claim form. I returned to the store a couple of hours later and spoke to the assistant manager, David. He assisted me in filling out the claim form. He went outside and viewed the damage to the wheels. He received the photos that I took earlier. The following day, I received a call from the tire center manager, Elva, she left a message with a phone number to the claims department with a claim number.

I called, very difficult to contact anyone at the center. On hold what seems forever. Extension numbers to the claims representative is no help, they never answer and don't return your calls. And once you do speak to them, they are rude and condescending. FRUSTRATING! Days went by, no call from Walmart claims. I contacted my insurance company and asked that they look into the matter. They opened up a claim for the damage to the wheel damage. Forward to, August 23, 2017. I finally received a call from Blake from the Walmart claims department. Another rude and unprofessional twit. He advised me that they discovered a work order dated in December 2016 that noted damage to my wheels when I took them in for tire balance. What?!. I do recall taking my truck into the tire shop around that time but there was nothing noted about damage.

THIS IS A FLAT OUT LIE!! I said this to Blake from claims. That is simply not true. There wasn't any damage to those wheel December 2016 and when I took the vehicle in on August 2017. He said that Walmart would not pay for the damages because of the notes of damage to the wheels back in December 2016. And that I should feel free to take whatever action see fit, but they have made their decision. I strongly feel that someone altered the information on the notes on the work order for December 2016. Because this all a lie! This is an attempt by the monstrous Walmart company to step on the little consumer. I will be taking legal action against Walmart. I will recover for the damages to my vehicle. And expose the coverup to protect the inept employees that damage the property of hardworking people and then try covering it up. Cowards.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2017

I took my car in for rotation and balance (I was told I probably needed one due to frequent driving to and from Houston). They do the job, I didnt wait too long for the service to be completed, but when I get in my car and back on the road, hear this awful sound coming from my tires. I call Walmart and speak with a tech, he tells me the sound that I hear is the wind going through my tires. I kindly reply that I had never heard this "wind" as long as I have had this car. He then tells me that it could be my bearings and that it has absolutely nothing to do with the balance and rotation they did on my car... I again remind him that my car made no noises before I brought it to them. He then says, "well bring it back and we will look at it."

So I take it back and they look at it again. Switch two of the tires back, and explain all of these problems I have with "new" car with new tires... I'm done. I drive the car off only to hear the same loud, nerve wracking noise! I dont know what to do. I am very unhappy. I am irritated driving and having to blast my stereo in an attempt to muffle the sound. I am going to just take it somewhere else and see if they can fix it for me. Or else... Im gonna be one car-owner that would rather walk.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2017

I purchase a MoneyCard. When activating the card ask me for personal information about addresses, Vehicles. Answered all the questions. Was then told my personal information could not be verified and my card would not be reloadable and can only use be used for certain funds purchases. Could not be used for ATM withdrawals. I put $300 on this card and basically wasted my money. Spoke with customer service and they basically told me there's nothing they can do nothing so I wasted my money being as it was purchased for a specific reason and for reloads. $300.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

I bought tires at the Walmart Auto Care Center in Union City, CA. which is about a 45 minute drive from my residence. So I put air in twice to no avail. In the meantime I tried to contact the auto center but my experience has always been that they never pick-up the phone. The operator continues to keep looping you back to the service center's phone and it just keeps ringing. And, every time (every time) I ask for a manager I am told they are in a meeting. I always ask "So what happen if there is a problem in the store, does that mean no one is available to deal with the issue?" And, I told they're all in a meeting that I can call back. So, I end up driving to the store which of course they do not take appointments. It is based on first come first served basis. But, I did plan to have a leaking tire. So, I spend over an hour while they test the tire to be told there is no leak.

They put in a new valve stem. I say "Okay", but the tire keeps losing air and I have to fill it every couple of days. I reluctantly leave and a couple of days later the tire is losing air. I try to call, no one answer the phone in the auto center and I keep speaking to the operator explaining I need to speak to someone in the auto center or the manager. No one answers in the auto center and the manager is, you guessed, it in a meeting. By this time I just start driving 45 min while still on the phone waiting being loop over and over to the service center. Finally I tell the operator forget it I pulling into the auto center now. I speak to the manager about my tire as the last technician told me that they would probably would give me a new tire next time I came in. However, manager wants to check the tire again "Really". I spent over an hour while they check the tire last time. I spent another hour and they find a leak and change the tire.

I'm getting ready to leave and they tell I owe $14.75. "For what", I say. You sold me a tire that did not work properly. It is my experience when you purchase a product that does not work you replace it. No charge for them fees to do so. I complained to the manager but he would barely look at me or respond. Just kept saying that I had to pay the fee. I call the corporate office and they never responded. Just kept saying someone would call me in a couple of days. I would call them back in several days and they would say the same thing. Finally I was told they closed the case and asked why no had called me or responded. No one was going to call me to let know the case was closed. Unbelievable. I will never buy tire from them again. Also the store manager Ryan ** is never available. Customer service is terrible. I now rarely go the Walmart for anything and I tell everyone I can not to buy items there especially items from made in China.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

I went to have 2 tires mounted on my rims... They kept me there for over 2 hrs. Delaying me while they worked to cover up their mistake... THEN they charged me and brought me to my car to send me on my way and pulled my car out with both rear wheels wobbling horribly. When I brought this to their attention they offered to give me a ride home. After ditching me and me finding a manager he comes back to store to give me ride home. The next day when I contacted the manager they proceeded to give me the run-around trying to cover up the damage and stall me. I later had to go get my own trailer and trailer my car home where it still sits not able to be driven since I have been given the run-around by their insurance company who is also trying to stall me. All of this over a few hundred dollars worth of damage.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2017

I did not have an good customer service experience at the Auto dept at Walmart Store #02859, I think it could have been dealt with better. I was refused tire service for my vehicle due to not having the proper tool to get the lug nuts off. Which really puzzled me, because they were the one who put the new lug nuts on my tire. Then I was told to go to a auto shop to get the lug nuts taken off, and that they will reimburse me for any costs. I believe this is an inconvenience to me as a customer and very poor quality service. I also feel this is a act of prejudices and it was treated unfairly. I believe this needs to be look at more seriously by higher upper management about the auto repair dept at Walmart store #02859 Rochester, NY, the way they are conducting their businesses.

Original review: July 28, 2017

My husband and I took my 3 year old Kia Forte to Walmart on hwy 38 Lumberton NJ for a routine 3,000 mile oil change on July 16th 2017. I was on my way to work the next morning approx 20 miles into my commute when I heard my car engine making violent noises and shaking. My check oil light was on. I had a gas attendant a block from where I noticed there was something extremely wrong check my oil. He said my oil was extremely low and the dip stick was nowhere near the level it should be after a new oil change. Oil was leaking from my car. I noticed an oil trail from where I pulled in the gas station to where I stopped for the man to check my oil. I called Triple A to have my car towed back to the Walmart who did my oil change. My husband had already called Walmart and assured me they were expecting me. They told me my old seal was left on my oil filter and a new one was put on top of it creating a gap for the oil to leak out.

They paid for my tow but refuse to pay for a mechanic outside of Walmart inspect my engine. I told them "I'm afraid my engine was scorched and that metal flakes could be floating around inside my engine." When I ask for the store manager all I get is Joe with no last name. Walmart's mechanic told me if anything bad happens to my engine because of what they did I can take it back and file a claim but I can't do anything until something goes wrong. All I have is Will's word and nothing in writing. I'm scared that Walmart will not back up their word and I cant afford to pay $200 plus dollars to pay an outside mechanic to pay for something that was $100% Walmart's unqualified employee's fault.

Original review: July 23, 2017

I usually do oil changes myself, but the last one my wife took to Walmart as a convenience to me. I don't really like to trust my vehicles to any shop these days as the quality and workmanship is non existent pretty much everywhere. It is now time to do another oil change. When I went to pull the plug from the pan, the first thing I noticed is that it was very hard to break the torque on it with a 3/8 in drive. I knew it had been over torqued. I finally got it broke loose but it would not spin freely by hand as any pan plug should. I had to use the wrench to remove it except for the last few threads. Inspecting the plug, I found the threads were galled close to the head of the plug indicating that it had not been cross threaded, but extremely over torqued. This is indicative of an inexperienced tech. About Me - 35 years Aircraft Mechanic/Technician.

Original review: June 28, 2017

So to start off I want to give folks the whole picture. My husband and I went to the landfill in Branson to throw out trash away and as we were leaving a drink spilling on to my purse. I stopped the car and took all important things out and put them on the hood. Afterwards, I gathered up 2 cans of chew, 1 pack of smokes, my wallet, and medication and placed them all in the glove compartment. We never opened the trunk after the trash was put out. So we drove to the Walmart supercenter in Branson, MO and dropped the car off for an oil change. I retrieved my wallet from the glove box and we shopped around while waiting.

Over an hour goes by and we go back to check on our car, when a female employee says he couldn't do the oil change because the cap is stripped. Awesome, waste of time. We drove home and fast forward to from 1 pm to 6:30 pm and it was time for my medication. I remember I put it in the glove box so I go to the car and open it...my medication is gone. My husband and I flipped the car and the house looking for it. Only people who had access to the vehicle besides us was Walmart. We drive up there and I tell the manager my situation. He reviews the footage by himself and claims he could see my glove box the entire time from the parking lot to the shop and back and the employee never touched my glove compartment.

Defeated I return to my car in tears to my husband who is a law enforcement officer and tell him what he said. As a last resort I popped the trunk and move things around when suddenly I hear it, a bottle of pills rattled when I moved a shirt around. The shirt had been in there for a month...sure enough it was my **. We never even opened the trunk let alone put my medicine in it.

So what we think happened, whether the manager covered for him or not, is the employee snuck into my glove compartment, saw the pills, and snatched them. Went somewhere private to Google the name of the medication, realized it was not a narcotic or anything he could either sell or get high off of, and since he had the keys he popped the trunk to ditch them quickly since they were nothing to get fired or go to jail for and he couldn't risk sneaking them back into the glove box. I don't have proof but I KNOW I did not put my medication in the trunk and the only other person that had access was the employee from Walmart. I will never go here again. I feel violated in so many ways because of this incident.

Original review: June 27, 2017

During my second visit for oil change, they damaged the oil pan (Was taking the same car to the Toyota dealer for 14 years and no problems at all). A copper drain oil gasket is to be replaced every other oil change according to the standards. But these guys here didn't replace the gasket (to save 30 cents), instead kept putting more torque on the bolt (plug) to stop the oil leak, it resulted damaging the oil pan drain hole threads. Now replacing the oil pan costs around $400 plus towing fee. In addition they left black dirty oil on the floor mat as well as the side of the door!

Original review: June 17, 2017

Do not use. Took Tahoe in on spare. Explained flat was in back. Bought two new tires. Took hours to change after they pulled it in. When they finished they had put new tires the spare and left flat in back of vehicle. They pulled it back in, took another hour to swap new tire and spare back around then when finished the aluminum wheel was all scratched up. Said a claim would be filed and someone would call. Weeks later, nothing.

Wal-Mart Oil and Lube Company Information