Wal-Mart Oil and Lube
Wal-Mart Oil and Lube
1.06/5

Wal-Mart Tire & Lube

912 Wal-Mart Oil and Lube Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

So I went to Walmart to balance and rotate my tires because I thought Walmart would have the best deals. After it was all said and done somehow my battery went bad so I paid to have it replaced and after I left the store my car was shaking and swerving so bad I had to go to another tire shop. After their inspection I was told the balance was off by a 1/2 an ounce and the forgot to tighten my lug nuts on all 4 tires! I could have been seriously injured or died because of the neglect they had.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

Went to Parker & Chambers Walt-Mart at 2:00 pm. Request oil change and asked for estimate time. They told me there are two cars in front of me so 30 minutes 40 top. I agreed, so they get my info and they will call me if as soon as they will be done with the job. I walked into the store to do some shopping. By 3:05 pm I went to the cashier at Oil & Lube. After waiting for a couple of people the lady asked me for my info and call the guy, he came and told me: "Do not rush me, it is just me and my buddy here..." I replied: "Are you guys in the middle of it?" He said: "No, we haven't start yet with your car..."

This place is a Joke, Walt-Mart hire those guys that are not certified, fine! Just to change oil, no big deal, but at least hire people that actually work, they are talking, smoking, walking back and forward and pile the cars. Open the hook and that it. If you have nothing to do and you are willing to wasting 3 hours for a oil change just go there, anybody can change oil and filter in 15 minutes.

Get expert buying tips about Auto Service and Repair delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

I took my car in for a routine oil change. I was satisfied with the time it took for them to do this. I was checked out. Asked to sign off and given keys. I then went to finish my shopping. About 20 minutes after I had paid and received my keys, I was called and paged to come to the tire and lube express. The manager met me in the aisle to inform me that my car window had been rolled down and left during a heavy rain and my car interior was "a little wet". When I went outside to check, it was more than a little wet and my door and instrument panel on the door was soaked. The manager refunded my money after I demanded this, but refused to do anything more or even say that they would be liable for potential damage. He also refused to get me in touch with anyone higher than himself. He informed me that there was no store manager. Corporate has been called.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2018

Oil change and tire leak check, Marquette, MI. - So how long does it take to do a 30 minute oil change? First car in at 8am to do oil and check a leak in the tire. 1.5 hours later I see the car is out, must have been just recently out. They said we just finished the oil and it’s back in line for the tire. Their sign said oil 30 minute, tire 1 hour. 3x as long for the oil meant could be 4 hours for the tire and to get in. Their tech worked on the car the entire time, or should I say was trying to look like he worked. He didn’t leave the car for the 1.5 hours as far as I could tell. Needless to say the tire will go to a different shop or I will do myself without proper tools in about the 30 minutes. Oh and they did not reset the need service light as well. The gal at the counter’s defense was a nasty, "I didn’t check you in, I don’t know what you were told."

Original review: Aug. 5, 2018

Hamilton Marketplace Walmart: 2 weeks ago we arrived at this store about 1:00 for an oil change. We were told the wait would be hours. We left the store without buying anything. Yesterday we came back at 12 to 1:00 again. We were told a 3 1/2 wait again. Without buying anything we left and food shopped next door at BJ's. There were 2 vehicles in the shop being worked on and no vehicles waiting in line. At Walmart we were told to get the oil change at another Walmart 14 to 20 further away. This is the closest Walmart to us and our drive was 20-25 mins. We did not want to go further in lots of traffic. This is totally uncalled for. Not only we not buy anything but you made a very unhappy customer who will go someplace else to shop. I and my family hold Walmart stock. This is not how Walmart should treat anyone. This is very poor scheduling and too few employees for the needs of this department.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walmart?

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

Walmart Ormon Beach Florida - I brought my van in for a full synthetic oil change. Paid for the service and went home. Next day there is a big oil puddle under my van. Big leak around the plug. They stripped it. I got the receipt out and there is a note at the bottom that they recommend replacing the plug due to weak threads? No one at check out said anything about a problem or leak.

I brought it back and they told me to get an estimate to fix. Got that and brought it back. They said they can't pay it until work is finished. Paid $366.00 for a new oil pan. Brought the receipt and van and back and now they say they will not pay and to file an insurance claim. First of all the oil pan was not leaking when I brought it in. They say it was. Why didn't they note that before they started? Why lie to me about paying for it when all along they did not plan on paying for it. They accused me of lying when they fabricated this whole scenario. It was a disgusting experience.

Original review: July 22, 2018

I came to get my oil changed, and wasn’t told there was a wait. There has been one car in front of me, and I’ve been here for 2 hours, and my car still had not been started on. The workers walk around doing nothing, and there is only 2 (if lucky) there at one time. I ended up saying, "Forget it," and leaving without getting it changed. If I could give them a 0/10 I would. Never give Walmart Automotive on South Rutherford in Murfreesboro, TN your business.

Original review: July 15, 2018

I went out today to get oil changed in my 2004 Jeep Liberty. They said I would have to wait an hour and a half, no problem don't mind waiting. Anyway I went back to the lube center and they had a pair of safety glasses resting on the counter. They escorted me down to the lower bay and showed me the underside of my Jeep and said they refused to do oil change because it seemed the Jeep had a oil pan gasket leak or rear main seal. I don't see any puddles or pools of oil under the Jeep. In fact I changed oil later by myself and Walmart last did the oil change as evidence by the Blue Silicon thread seal on drain plug. Might I add the Jeep has 200,000 miles on it. It’s going to have a leak plus it’s from 2004 and its now 2018 the Jeep is 14 years old.

Original review: July 12, 2018

I took my camper van (Ford E350) to WalMart Store # 5312 for new tires. They put it on the lift and raised it too high and the roof A/C contacted the shop heater. It broke the plastic shroud, and crushed the A/C unit. The manager told me to get an estimate, and it was $1,600. It took 2 1/2 hours for them to file the claim. I am not certain what to do next. Now I can use the camper van because the A/C is broken.

Original review: July 9, 2018

Long story short I had my oil changed at Walmart in Carrollton Tx. While I shopped. I pulled off stopped to take a call my car is now overheating. I popped the hood and antifreeze in pouring out of the bottom of my radiator. Of course the employees just flat out lied to me. I that's what they do deny and lie. As I'm writing this I've been on hold for 50 minutes now trying to speak with a claims person. I never realized there are hundreds and hundreds of these complaints out these all over the place. Walmart obviously doesn't care or they would actually do something to improvre the this situation of people's lives being put on hold because they are idiots and destroyed you vehicle.

I got a repair estimate for 550.00 dollars. This is my family's only vehicle. I have four children. I just spent all the money I had to get this car because my transmission went out on my other car. I worked extremely hard to pay for my car and now is I can't drive it. Absolutely unacceptable to disrupt someone's life like this making them decide to buy food or repair their car Walmart damaged. Shame on you Walmart. My next call is to the local news station who is interested in my story.

Original review: July 6, 2018

I took my F350 diesel to Wal-Mart for an oil change. My truck broke down & I had it towed to the mechanic. The mechanic said they didn't tighten the oil filter & all the oil drained out. I filed a claim with Wal-Mart & they refused to pay for my repairs.

Original review: June 19, 2018

I would give a negative review but I can't, on 6/18/18 my brother and his wife were driving from Colorado to Kansas City to buy a new car. They had an issue with the battery in his vehicle. Stopped here to get a battery. Battery was put in in under 20 minutes though they had to wait for over an hour to leave. An hour later he calls me to tell me that his car is still having issues and had to pull of I-70 right after they got on the tollway. After driving almost an hour and half to pick his family up I found that the positive thermal was stripped out. Unable to fix it on the side of the road we traveled on, bought a new car and they were done with it. Sold the car to me.

On 6/19/18 I drove back to the car's location and towed it to Lee's Summit MO, over 60 miles, I removed the battery from the vehicle and took it to my local Walmart to get a new battery and be done with it. I go into the auto department, talked to a younger lady who "can't find the manager". After waiting maybe 15 minutes the "manager" strolls right by the counter and goes into the back area. The cashier has no idea... 10 minutes later another employee mentions that she is back. Cashier goes back to the manager and then comes back out to tell me I have to go back to the original store to have the issue resolved. Two issues with that. Why wouldn't the manager come out to see if she could do anything or was she just scared to deal with someone? That's what managers should do. Not leave it up to the cashier who looks lost the whole time.

Second, it's a national chain. Why would I have to go back the original store? So I leave in quite the rush as to not get even more angry, I called back to this location to explain the situation. After I got put on hold for 20 minutes I get a young lady on the phone who tells me that if the battery was installed wrong it would have fried the whole car. (Which can happen if the positive and negative are hooked up wrong. Not the case.) I asked to speak to a manager, she says she is the manager so I asked for her superior, and I get a young gentleman who actually listen to the whole story and understands what happen, he then took down my info and says he will call back.

After an hour and a half, he calls back and tells me that they don't have to do anything because the car has changed owners, which is crazy as it's still in the same car one day later but it sounds like they were just trying to get out of doing the right thing. I didn't even ask for them to cover any of my time or the tow bill. Just simply replace the part they messed up. I hope this shows others that even though they may have the cheapest prices, the way they handle issues is ridiculous (this is literally about a $50.00 battery). At this point it's not about the money. Good Luck everyone. Try Amazon or Target instead!!!

Original review: June 17, 2018

Went to Walmart, Midland on Midland Drive Texas. Oil change for my Ford Raptor. Checked my car a week later and I find the Dip Stick Tube has been Broken. Called Walmart, no return call, no surprise. Wrote a letter. Never contacted. Today I will send a certified letter and the next step is small claims court. Also Oil Filter was loose, splash pan under the front of my Raptor not tightened up? WTF? Never again, I usually do the oil myself, from now on, will never let anyone do my oil change, UGH!!! $1500 damage.

Original review: June 14, 2018

Engine began knocking within 250 miles of oil change by Walmart at 83rd Ave & Union Hills, Peoria, AZ. After searching WEB for similar knocking problems experienced by other owners of same make and model and year, noted some comments about incorrect oil and/or oil filters sometimes being suspect. Sure enough, checked invoices for my last few oil changes at this Walmart and found the filters they used were for a different vehicle and had a much smaller filtering capacity than the one specified for my vehicle.

Curiously, they had used the correct one in several oil changes that preceded the most recent ones. I'm guessing they initially used the wrong one because the worker made a mistake or they were out of stock on the correct one. I'm theorizing that once use of the wrong one was recorded in their computer record for this car the error was propagated at subsequent oil changes. This guess is based partially on my son's prior experience with the same provider wherein, as they later admitted, the worker couldn't find the correct filter so he substituted what he thought would work instead. Not even close. Thankfully, it was such a bad fit that my son quickly noted in his rearview mirror the trail of oil leaking onto the street and returned for corrective action before serious damage to his engine.

Also, after investigating the brand of filters used, it appears to me they use a low end filter from that brand even with full synthetic oil. I think that negates much of the longer service cycle advantage of using synthetic oil (and paying the premium to do so). Am getting independent mechanic to investigate the engine knocking and if cause-effect relationship with under-capacity oil filter is established. I will use attorney to pursue reimbursement for engine repairs (assuming Walmart will not volunteer to do so). Regardless, if you use Walmart for oil changes, verify they will be using correct filter for your vehicle.

Original review: June 7, 2018

I went to the Wal-Mart Oil and Lube at the South Huntsville, AL store for a nail in my tire. I was told it would take approximately 45 minutes, even though there were no other customers. After shopping in the store for an hour and a half, I went back to the auto section to see that they were just putting the tire back on my car. I saw the "kid" get in my car with a large wrench in his hand and he drove around the building like a bat out of hell. When I got in my car to leave, the tire pressure indicator showed "0" for that tire, so I got out of my car and told the older technician. He sent the kid over to check the tire pressure. The kid went to the front tires, when the nail had been in a rear tire.

I told him to just check the tire that had been repaired and he grunted "OK", and then went to the opposite rear tire. By this time the tire pressure indicator was reading 51, while the normal tire pressure is around 34. The kid had such an attitude that I left. When I got home to let some of the air out of the repaired tire, I noticed that the little cap was missing from the stem, and the tire was filthy dirty. I will NEVER go back to a Wal-Mart Tire and Lube, ANYWHERE. There is no supervision or oversight.

Original review: June 6, 2018

Went in for oil change and service techs forgot to see if hood was latched and secured. Left service center and was about to enter highway ramp and hood flips up. I called Walmart and was told mgr., was out but would give me a callback, never got call back. When I returned to town I was able to speak with the halfwit service manager and the first thing he said was it was "not WALMART'S FAULT." He said he looked at tape and service guy did their standard check to see if hood was locked. All I know is the customer should be aware and do a hood safety check before driving off the Walmart lot. The Mgr. was only concerned about the liability of Walmart, not the safety of their customers. I will no longer let this outfit in Monroe, LA near any of my vehicles, because they only want that $53.00 oil change fee.

Updated on 06/19/2018: On May 31, 2013 I foolishly went to the Monroe, Louisiana Lube Service Center to get a simple oil change. After about 45-60 minutes my car was done and I picked it up paid the cashier and hopped in my car and headed for the interstate. Upon entering the ramp my hood made that sound we know as "this hood about to open up". I pulled the car off to the side and got out and slammed the hood, something the service team should have done. I was heading out of town and called the store service guy but he was out to lunch. I contacted the mgr. of service department and he immeditely cleared his crew and Walmart. His evaluation came in the first 40 seconds of our conversation about the sloppy work at Walmart.

I sent a customer complaint to Walmart on the 8th of June, and was told a salaried employee would contact me. Today is the 19th of June 2018. The year of our Lord and no a whiff of a SALARIED Employee has contacted me. I am starting to get the impression they (Walmart doesn't care about sloppy service) They have received the coinage for the oil change I got. They do not have the decency to reply to my complaint, that they said they'd reply to in (3) business days. Have a blessed day.

Original review: April 30, 2018

Walmart Auto Service, Ashley Circle, Charleston, SC. Wife took my Lexus in for an oil change. She attempted to start the car after the oil change. It would not start. After several attempts she finally got it started but it was running very rough and the check engine light came on. The car was running perfectly before she took it in and the check engine light was not on. She went back in and explain to the service manager what was going on. She felt as though he was blowing her off. Because he said he would check their work but there was nothing in the scope of the work they performed that would cause the problem. After the service manager supposedly looked at it and of course found nothing my wife went back out to the car. same problem hard starting and rough running. She left Walmart headed to our home which is a short 3-mile drive.

The car stalled in the middle of one of the busiest intersections in the city. She got the car restarted and headed back home. After two more stalls she pulled into a church parking lot and called me. I grabbed my code reader and headed to where she was at. When I got there I attempted to start the car and it was just as she described. I plugged in my code reader and found two codes were thrown. I attempted to clear the codes but they would not clear. We decided to lock it up and leave it where it was until Monday morning. This morning we went over to the car after several attempts to start the car we finally got it going but it was huffing and coughing. and had no power to pull.

I decided to call my mechanic and have it towed to his shop. The shop sent one of his guys over with a tow dolly. I explained to the guy from the shop our problem, told him the trouble codes and when the problem arose. He said it sounded like a bad mass air flow sensor. He then pulled the hood and asked us to come look at the air filter box. My wife exclaimed I see the problem. I looked at the box and saw the wire harness unplugged. The mechanic plugged up the wire terminal and told me to start it. The car started up and begin running perfectly. I plugged in my code reader and cleared the codes. The mechanic told me there would be no charge. I slipped him a 20 buck tip and we were on our way home.

We got off lucky because if I had of taken it to a Lexus dealer it would have cost over $200. I purposely did not look under my hood because I did not want to mess with it. I wanted it to be as found by a certified shop. The root cause of the problem was the Walmart employee performing the service failed to plug up the connector to the Mass air flow sensor after removing the air filter box to check the air filter. The Walmart shop supervisor did not perform a thorough inspection after my wife's initial complaint. We are done with Walmart and their crappy customer service and arrogant attitude in handling problems.

Original review: April 17, 2018

Took my car for a router oil change before a long trip. While driving on the trip heard a pop and car died. Oil was all over then motor especially near the filter. After towing back to home state took it back to Wal-Mart. The tech proceeded to remove the filter and attempted to start the car even while it was at an angle in the tow dolly I rented. The piston rod was broken due to lack of oil. The claims dept made those decision before talking to the mechanic. They had me take the car to and also took over 14 days to get back to me when the decision was already made before all the evidence was submitted. I urge you all DO NOT GO TO WAL-MART FOR AUTO SERVICE OF ANY KIND. The most expensive mistake of my life.

Original review: April 16, 2018

Well the only reason I used them is because we shop at Walmart. But over the years they have made a lot of mistakes. This problem isn't about the problem I had with my car, but how they handled it. My wife got a flat right after getting her oil change. We went there with no problems, we left there with a leak. So the flat isn't a big deal, $10 fix, or less if I do it. How they handled my call was a big deal. The guy just kept telling me they didn't do it. "We fix tires, we don't give flats." I told him, "I am not saying you guys did it, or even if you did, that you meant to." He just kept cutting me off saying how they don't give flats. Overall I was calling to let them know to be more careful if it did happen there, but we never got that far. I will never use them again.

Original review: April 14, 2018

Below is the email I have sent several upper level management members at Walmart including the CEO. I have made complaints with the BBB, Attorney Generals Office, and the Federal Trade Commission. I have not received my refund as indicated by the insurance company representative. This representative provided false information to FedEx to delay the receiving of my refund of $483.86 as indicated on 4/12/18 by J. ** with Claims Management. As of 4/13/18, I have not received my refund for my repairs. I have never experienced so may games and unethical service from a company. On 4/12/18, I was informed by J. ** at the Claims center that my check would be over-nighted to me.

On today 4/13/18, I received an email and voicemail stating that the zip code was not valid. This information was verified with him on 4/12/18. It is clear to me that Walmart wants to play games with me and not refund the money owed to me. Moreover, I have no choice other than to file a lawsuit against Walmart for lost wages and emotional distress. This process has been going on since 4/5/18 and it should not have had to resort to this. I am hoping that someone in this company behaves ethically in this manner before we go to court.

Email sent to Walmart: On 4/5/18, I took my vehicle to Walmart in Pine Bluff, AR for an oil change. Upon determining the type of oil my car used. I received my oil change. After waiting for 1.5 hours or so. I was informed that my vehicle was ready. When I went outside, my car was parked in the back and not on the side as other vehicles were. I asked the technician (** male with dreads). A few minutes later, I went to my car and walked around it to look at my tires and rims and then I started it up to realize that my oil percentage was not reset. This caused me to pop my hood to check to see if I had an oil change. Upon opening my hood, I saw motor oil all over the bar and the frame and on the side close to the window wiper fluid reservoir.

There was also a lot of black oil in an area next to the filter. After seeing this, I went back in and asked for a manager and asked a technician, named Cedric to come look at the oil everywhere. The technician attempted to wipe the area off but I told him not to. I went back in and asked one of my acquaintance to come look at the mess and condition they left my car in. She and her daughter came outside to view the oil. About 20 minutes later, the manager Kennis came out and I address my concerns and pointed out to him all of the areas where the oils located and explained to him that it was unacceptable.

I requested a refund and stressed to him that I have been up there for over 2 hours and I was late for an appointment at work. He informed that he would not give me a refund because the oil change was completed and he could give me a discount. I asked him if the store manager was there, he indicated that she was not and he was the highest member of management there. I informed him that his offer was unacceptable and that I will receive my refund today. I informed him that the person who changed my oil should be fired and he should be because of his poor customer service. He walked back in the store.

The technician (Cedric indicated that the person (Bam) who did the oil change did not wipe the oil off and should have. He drove the car into the shop and they (Cedric and his co-worker). Later a manager name Bernard - Food Manager, came out to the shop area. I called the police and requested for them to come out so that I could make a police report due to my issue and to have everything on file in case there was damage to my car.

Cedric and his co-worker sprayed the engine with water to clean it but did not get rid of the oil next to the oil filter area. I asked them to do it again. We could not see, so someone got a shop light. They sprayed the water by the oil filter to get rid of the oil and blew the excess water off. I asked if the water will affect the engine and they said no. My car was backed out and I got into it to leave. Once I made it around to the front, I saw a police officer and explained to her everything that happened. The Manager name Bernard came out to the car by me and the police officer. While the officer was writing her report, I called 1-800- Walmart and informed the representative what was going on and she indicated that it would take 3-5 days for the store manager to contact me.

She indicated that they will send a message for her to call me. I requested a supervisor and the supervisor disconnected the call. While standing there, I saw water still in the area by the oil filter. I drove to the back and the technician with the dread used a machine to suck the water off the area. I went back in to find out the real name of the person who changed my oil and requested to speak to the female manager about the situation and asked her why did she not come to look at the condition of my car to see what the issue was. She indicated that she was the manager for the inside of Automotive. I left and returned to work. My car had difficulty accelerating once I got onto the freeway. When I made it to the office, I checked under the hood and it the water was back in the area by the oil filter.

Once I got off of work, I check again and the water was still present with a ring of oil around it. I called back again and I was provided with the telephone number of David, who is the Market manager. I asked to speak to a supervisor and he informed me that a message was sent to David and I will receive a call. On 4/09/18, I received a call from Scott Abbot from Claim Management who did not leave his telephone number, but left his email and fax number. On the voicemail, he indicated that I needed to take my car to a ASE certified mechanic or dealership if I haven’t to determine if damage was done to the car.

Later that afternoon, I emailed him and informed him that I would on tomorrow and that I had videos I could provide per his request in the email. I attempted to attach the files but they were too large. He indicated that I can put the videos on a CD and mail it to him. I informed him that my computer does not have a CD drive and I was not going to keep going back and forward.

On 4/10/18, I took my car to Fletcher Dodge and informed them about the oil change, poor acceleration, and horrible gas mileage. After the technicians reviewed the car, they determined that the oil filter housing was cracked and cannot be replaced. The technician, Darin, called Scott **, the claims manager and left a message due to him not answering. I called him. I emailed Scott and called several times to receive assistance and informed him that I was at the dealership. I informed him that the vehicle had to be repaired and had to be fixed. I called and left a voicemail for his supervisor, and I did not receive a call.

I contacted Walmart- Pine Bluff and talked to the store manager and she indicated that there is nothing they could do since their insurance was dealing with it. I asked for the Market Manager's information and called the office. I spoke to Amy and she indicated that he was not in the office. I waited for about 1 hour and I called back explaining to her that I do not have $500 to pay for a repair that I should not even be experiencing in addition to missing work due to a $32 oil change. She indicated that she talked to the Market Manager and he indicated that he was going to call me. Once my car was repaired, I contacted Claim Management and could not get a representative on the telephone and I called the Market Management office and I was unable to reach anyone.

At 5:10 p.m, I received an email from Scott Abbott indicating that he attempted to reach the Service Manager and Darin but no one answered. I informed him that I had just left from up there and return and he indicated that he has not spoken to him. I emailed him all of the documentation regarding the need for the repair and he did not return any emails or calls until after the car was repaired.

The repair process took 2 hours and I waited for 30- 40 minutes before I told them to make the repairs after several attempts to receive help from Walmart staff and the Claims Management staff. I contacted Scott via email at 1:58 pm after Darin, service technician attempted to reach him. Moreover, on 4/10/18, I had to pay $483.68 that I had to take out of my savings account. No one at Walmart is holding anyone accountable and I am receiving the runaround and unacceptable service. I have missed several hours from work due to this horrible experience.

Original review: April 9, 2018

Maybe I am crazier than I realize. You be the judge... Would this upset you? I went to Wal-Mart to get a simple oil change on my truck (my first mistake). They told me when I got there that the oil change bay was empty so it would not be long. Oil changes take about 10 minutes so I looked around for 20. Came back... no truck. Trying to be patient. So I just sat. After over an hour and my truck was still not done I asked what on Earth was going on. The kid behind the desk informs me they have a computer that randomly picks a customer to have the manager come and look at the work and sign off on it, but the manager was not available so they are waiting for him.

I told the kid that was not acceptable. The work is done, I am the customer waiting to pay, and that I am overriding their manager's inspection of my truck and I want to leave now. Please bring my truck up. He talked to the mechanic and they both refused. I informed them that, "You cannot legally hold my truck when I am demanding it and willing to make payment." Still refused. So I told them that I am not obligated to wait for their manager and if they do not bring my truck around and allow me to pay that amount to theft and I will call the police.

Well that got their attention and they finally got the manager there who still refused to release my truck until he looked at. Fortunately, once he finally got there, he looked at it and finally let me have MY truck back. So would this upset you to be forced to wait an extra hour just so a manager who was too busy to show up could look at you car/truck for 30 seconds? It upset me.

Original review: April 5, 2018

My wife brought the car for oil change (synthetic oil @ $50) and after that, one tire has very low pressure. Luckily, I was able to pull in and inflate it otherwise there would be an accident. I can say that there are careless and lousy people there.

Original review: April 3, 2018

My son brought his car in for a routine oil change and when his car was returned to him the wiper arms were damaged. They refuse to take responsibility and when he brought it to their attention they got defensive and yelled at him. My son had just taken me to a DR appt that same afternoon (right before he went to get the oil changed) and the wipers were down where they belong when they are off. They are now laying vertical on the windshield when in the off position.

Original review: March 29, 2018

Tire change - Is anybody having a problem with claims and all their excuses? My rims were damaged by Walmart and they tried to tell me that it was already there but yet no one said anything to me about it. Now claims is giving me the runaround. Please contact ** as I am thinking of taking action and would like to hear stories on how often they do this. Thank you.

Original review: March 28, 2018

In December 2017 I purchased two tires at the Walmart store in Okemos, Michigan. Trying to deal with the 'service' personnel was a frustrating joke. I was at Walmart, in the auto service parking lot 10 minutes before they were to open. I then waited 25 minutes for them to actually open. When I did make it into the service area, I was told that the tires they had offered in an online ad, a copy of which I had brought in with me, was not available. Of course, they had OTHER tires available at a cost of $35.00 dollars per tire over the one that had been advertised. There were up-charges for about everything including balancing, and stems.

After waiting more than an hour after they said they would be, I left with two new tires. Moving to today, March 26, 2018. Three months after the purchase, as I was driving down a busy street, the tire started making noise, lots of noise. I was about 1 block from Bell Tire, so I pulled in there to see what was going on. To make a long story short, I now have a brand new $94.00 tire and a lot of anger. The tire had shredded from the inside out and was way beyond repair. I didn't even think to go back to Walmart. I deciding that going back to Walmart was more grief than I was willing to go for.

I took the shredded tire to Walmart and I was informed that since I had refused the warranty they had no responsibility to do anything. Nothing. I do remember refusing what they referred to as an 'EXTENDED' warranty. It never occurred to me that the tires didn't have ANY warranty! Lesson learned. I will be sharing this story with anyone I can get to listen. Bad service, switch and bait tactics, horrible experience all around. I should have stuck to my commitment to NEVER shop at Walmart for any reason.

Original review: March 14, 2018

I spent my ENTIRE day here, only for them to tell me that they didn't have the part to fix my tire, so 3.5 hours to get an oil change. They did refer me to Sears which was great and fast. Then when I left Sears I went to wash my windshield which I specifically asked the person at the desk at Walmart if they were going to top off the fluids because my windshield washer fluid was out. She said yes they do all that for you. Then when I go to try it it was empty and the detailed receipt said I "declined" the washer fluid. So I drag all 3 of my kids back to Walmart for the second time, wait in a line of 6 people to BUY washer fluid.

When I got to the counter I told them I should Not have to buy this since it was supposed to be included in my service and I was here for 3.5 hours earlier. The tech said, "oh yeah our machine for that isn't working." Then the desk lady said, “I told you that and read it off to you I guess you didn't hear me.” WHAT!? I told her, “No, I asked you if it would be filled because it's out and now it's still out and I've wasted the entire day here. And now I still have to pay extra for washer fluid to fill it myself?” Which I did. She rang it up and I paid another couple bucks on top of the $40+ I spent there early. Very frustrated! Will not be back ever!

Original review: March 13, 2018

A couple of weeks ago...I took my truck in for oil change. Got standard because is it just had a tune up and all I needed was oil change and knew they were SUPPOSE to use Castrol oil. The next day...I decided to check oil. It was way over! And dirty. I took pics and showed them to people and they said it was too far over. Looked like they just ADDED TO THE DIRTY OIL...ENOUGH FOR AN ENTIRE OIL CHANGE. AND CHARGED ME FOR AN EXTRA QUART. Back passenger tire has a slow leak. It needed air. They wrote on report they checked them. Bull! Went back. Manager had them change it again. Gave me a lil money for gas.

The truck is sputtering and backfiring real bad. Shouldn't...just got a tune up. Ran good when I took it in. THEN...after this oil change they left my truck on. Guess they couldn’t hear radio. But I was ok until I went to change a headlight bulb and noticed…they did not replace oil cap. What really makes me mad is I wonder just how often they did this kind of thing to me but I trusted them not to check. I take 2 to 3 vehicles there religiously. Well I'm no longer religious. I do not trust them AT ALL. AND THIS MAKES ME FEEL THEY DO THIS SEVERAL TIMES A DAY TO UNSUSPECTING PEOPLE. IT'S A RIP OFF WALMART!!! FIX MY TRUCK!

Original review: March 12, 2018

Walmart Tire & Lube in Wynne, Arkansas refused to replace a new battery on my 2011 Dodge Avenger 2.4L because the front driver tire has to be removed. The mechanic was like, "Nope we cannot do that" and they were acting rude. According to their website, they would replace the battery. They have placed undue stress on me. My car died there and at first they simply did almost did not want to boost my car. Never again for Walmart Tire & Lube in Wynne, Arkansas. Very disappointed and upset.

Original review: March 5, 2018

Walmart, 101 N Congress Avenue, Lake Park, Florida 33403. I have in the past been happy of Walmart's convenient shopping while getting my car's oil change convenience, for about 1 year for my '06 Buick LaCrosse and about 6 months for my 10 Chevy Camaro. Okay I went in on July 4 as normal shopping. Dropped both vehicles off. Gave them more than 1 hour as promised to be ready, I noticed I didn't see my usual work team so yes I was nervous. A guy with long dress was walking in looking mean and not happy so my son said, "Mom no one here looks ready to work today. Let's come back". WOW! I SHOULD HAVE LISTENED. When I got back my Camaro tire sensor light wouldn't go off. I immediately smelled like a burning and smoke came from under the hood, I circled around the parking lot. Asked for manager, he took car back. Said would clean off spilled oil. Brung car back.

I drove home. I still smelled this burning was so loud it even came through vents in car, while riding it's in air around too. Brung my vehicle back three days to Walmart. Same burning. Now also leaking in my driveway. OIL EVERYWHERE. Car wasn't even keeping oil in and the manager says it had to already be like that, so wait. For my last oil changes Walmart has done them, why in my invoice receipts nothing regarding any leaks while getting my car service, mind you I always get regular maintenance on my vehicles. I only started at Walmart because of convenience. Now my Chevy Camaro is ruined because of Walmart. Now I'm looking into Lawyer to help Sue them. They shouldn't be allowed to hire anyone to work in a repair or service shop of a big company who I thought was accredited, I even tried to contact management about my ordeal. Left countless messages. Still nothing done.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2018

I'm very dissatisfied with the service of local Walmart. After having to wait 2 hours for oil change in my car, I took it in for a new oil change. Having just bought it I wanted to know everything was new and done. Before going in my car's engine bay had been cleaned. Been driving for couple of weeks now so I knew the normal driving smells of the car. Soon as I left the store on the way home I started to smell burning oil, when I got home I lifted the hood and saw oil had been spilled all over engine with what looked like no attempt to clean it up. Now lots of stains on plastic pieces and dealing with the smell. I WILL NEVER GO BACK.

Wal-Mart Oil and Lube Company Information