Find an Auto Service and Repair partner

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

Wal-Mart Oil and Lube Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wal-Mart Oil and Lube?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walmart?

Original review: Aug. 1, 2020

How can you go wrong with having your oil changed or tires rotated while you shop. Been using them for years and have gotten great deals on Goodyear tires too. Very easy. Just show up most Saturdays and they got the car in right away. 20 minutes later I have my groceries and they hand me the keys to my car. Plus you never have the hassle of the big shops trying to sell you shocks.. exhaust systems...or needing a new transmission BS! They even double check the work and put marks on the filter and drain plug showing it was looked over before they were done.

Original review: June 19, 2021

I went there for a high mileage oil change. I'm not mechanic so idk what they did wrong exactly but all the oil wound up leaking out of our car and they say they did nothing wrong, store will not even call us back. The AAA mechanic that looked at our car ended up towing it so that Walmart could fix their mistake. I now have NO car to get around. Cannot get a call back, and my engine has completely locked up so the car won't start. Terrible customer service. NO integrity or accountability and they treated me like I was dumb because I do not know about oil changes. DO NOT TAKE YOUR CAR HERE. IF THEY MESS IT UP THEY WILL NOT FIX IT.

Get buying tips about Auto Service and Repair delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 23, 2021

I took my vehicle for a oil change and now my vehicle is throwing a lot of oil. It was not doing that before. The oil is coming from the oil pan. I took the vehicle to Midas to get an estimate and they said the oil pan has a hole in it.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2021

Went to the store today to get my tires balanced and they told me my lug nuts were too tight and they could not work on my car. I paid for lifetime balance. I offered to loosen them with my factory tire wrench and they say they can't touch my car if I do that. Wal-Mart employee said I could not bring my car there if I wanted my tires balanced I would have to bring them one at a time. I get home and my tires are torqued to 85 foot pounds which is exactly what the cars Manuel says. They were rude and lied about everything; do not use Walmart for tires in Winfield they're not what they used to be.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2021

This is about the Auto Center only. The rest of the store is OK. Very disappointed in management and policy of this one. Bought tires @ Walmart.com and scheduled installation. All sites including Toyota, Cooper Tires, Tire Rack, etc. and theirs when I purchased confirmed they were a fit. After driving 30 miles for my appointment it took them over an hour to say they couldn't mount them due to the factory tire size on the door jamb was different. First the manager overrode the mechanics and said we were good. But 45 minutes later when I check up the manager sided with the mechanics because some vague reference book they had said the size I had showed on aluminum wheels. I guess Sears missed that 8 years and 60,000 miles ago with the same size tires as purchased, even though they saw them on the vehicle.

The folks that helped me were very nice and accommodating considering this store has them running around like the proverbial chicken. Fortunately one counter person suggested going to The Tire Guys down the street. They were great. Had my tires on and drove away 45 minutes later. While I waited at Walmart I observed a family of senior citizens wait almost an hour for them to check out a screw in one of their tires. After 15 minutes of them seeing their car on the rack they were told no screw. They had written down the wrong tire location at the counter, and it took about 45 more minutes to just remove it. I will not ever even think about anything besides buying tires there.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2020

Very slow and lazy workers. More than one hour waiting to change two tires. Just one more car in queue. I stop doing the oil change for the same reason. I canceled the order. Tag ** 12/28/20. CLOSE THIS DEPARTMENT.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2020

So I went to Walmart Tire & Lube express in Plainfield, IN yesterday and was told it would be about two hours for them to replace it. It ended up taking about 4 hours and there were many mistakes made. First between multiple employees they had a difficult time referring the correct battery for my car. They told us about 4 different battery types that were all wrong until I had to go outside and take a photo of my actual battery to set them straight. They also didn't know that the battery install was free when I buy a battery there, so had to correct them on that too.

After waiting the 4 hours they finally give my car back but then I got a Core charge added even though they took my battery. So had to go back in there to a long line to get my core fee removed but they refunded me in cash. So I ended up having to go to an ATM afterwards just to set my account straight. And lastly, we took the car to a mechanic that we know the next day to get heat fixed, and was told they moved the belt to replace battery and didn't move it back when done. So the cables to the battery were very close to being cut by that belt. Never had an experience this bad and it blows my mind.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2020

Bought 4 new tires from Walmart a few months ago. I got the Road Hazard warranty on all of them ($40 extra bucks). Had a flat after picking up a nail. I was on a bridge when it happened so I drove off the bridge and parked and put on the spare. Local Walmart didn’t have the tire in stock so I had to order it online. They looked at the tire and tried to repair it but couldn’t. They told me it would be covered under their replacement warranty and that I’d need to order the tire online and would get reimbursed when the tire came in and was installed.

Fast Forward to the day the tire arrives. I show up and go through 6 sets of hops to get the tire from one side of the store to the other and ended up having to park in the parking lot, download their app and put in a parking lot number so someone could bring the tire out to me. Which I then had to carry back into the store, right past the place where it was originally to the Tire No-Service department. They then told me that the tire was not covered under their warranty. There was damage to the tread from having to drive off the bridge while it was flat. After trying to explain that we had this conversation when I bought the tire, they were relentless. Finally I gave up and told them to put the last tire I ever buy from Walmart on and I would go about my way.

2.5 hours later, I checked in because I hadn’t received the call I was promised and they said, "You're all done, that’ll be $80." I said, "For what?" They said, "4 tire installs." They had somehow managed to put on 4 of the tires they didn’t have in stock on. To be honest I would have just driven off except the tires on the back are a different size. So, I had to wait 2 more hours for them to put the original tires back on. I’ve never had such a miserable retail experience and I will never let Walmart touch my car again.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2020

On November 3rd 2020, I, Agustin **, went for a routine oil change with my work vehicle at my neighborhood Walmart. They destroyed my car, resulting in a 3,500$ repair cost. After waiting a week and a half trying to keep it a quiet issue, they finally filed a claim, stopped paying for my rental. And still treat this issue with no regard. I wouldn't get a tire rotated there.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2020

Website says hours are 8-5. Wouldn’t open 'til noon, they were rude and refused to assist me. 5 people standing around doing nothing but still refused to assist me. Loss of customers because of this. Ugh.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2020

I took my 2015 Kia Soul to Wal-Mart tire and live in Hendersonville, to have my tires rotated on 10/15/20.The attendant I noticed sprayed sanitizer inside of my car before they took it inside to rotate my tires, I didn't think much of it because of the virus hitting our country. When I got home I noticed that my steering wheel and dash was faded out bad. I I tried to used Armour all on it to see if it would come off, but it is permanent. I am guessing the sanitizer had bleach in it, plus the person that rotated my tires left his used vinyl gloves beside my center console. I have tried to call several time to talk to the store manager, but I can never get him to pick up the phone or give me a call back. I am looking to talk to a lawyer now about a lawsuit for damages.

Wal-Mart Oil and Lube Company Information