Wal-Mart Tire & Lube

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

Wal-Mart Oil and Lube Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wal-Mart Oil and Lube?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Walmart?

Original review: March 26, 2020

The reps were extremely courteous; the work I think could have been done more quickly, but the work was done correctly. I thought that the job could have been a little cheaper. (I had four new tires placed plus inspection and an oil change--nothing too complicated!)

Original review: March 25, 2020

Honest people at WM. They gave credit where I had no idea that it was due on both battery and tires. They exchanged products credited for the old items and installed new items with no hassle. This included four tires and a battery.

Original review: March 24, 2020

Great Service..but need more employees to reduce lengthy wait times. I will say when I came to have my tires changed they were very quick with the installation and glad they had the brand of tires I needed in stock.

Original review: March 23, 2020

They have change from 1/2 hour service for oil change to two hours and the best tires prices now are almost more expensive than Tire Kingdom and normally they refill all containers, radiator antifreeze, wiper fluids, brakes fluids, transmission fluid, check belts and brakes.

Original review: March 22, 2020

My wife and I are self quarantined due to Covid-19 and her having congestive heart failure. We have a great fear of her getting sick or me bringing it home. When the battery in her car failed, we knew we needed to get it replaced. I called our local Walmart in Dodge City Kansas and spoke to a woman named "Rory". She was so understanding and compassionate about our situation. She said I could park in the parking lot and stay in the car. She loaded the new battery into my trunk for me and said I did not even need to sign the form for it. She grabbed my old car battery and I didn't even have to roll the windows down. She was amazing and super respectful and didn't make me feel paranoid or germaphobic. Wal-mart general does not have take out for items like batteries and normally requires in-person transaction along with a required signature but they put aside those rules for me in these scary times.

Original review: March 9, 2020

I purchased 4 new tires from them Online so I decided to give my mechanic a break and let Walmart change them out. What a disappointment! I purchased tires so I could be safe, now I feel like I am all over the road. Why??? My car is old 21 years, One of my lug stems to tighten the tire to the rim snapped a few years ago, it is shorter, but a lug will screw on it. There is not one on there because I used it to hold down the spare and forgot to get a replacement. All it needs is a lug. I come back to get my car and they refused to put the last new tire on it.

I know they did not take a good look at it or they would have discovered it is long enough for a lug nut, it just needs one. What a terrible feeling to drive around with 3 new tires and one old balding tire. The tire is still good enough to pass inspection, but that is not the point. I now have a mess and have to go elsewhere to get the last tire put on. Lazy mechanics with an attitude. Too bad the cashier was so nice. Never again I will buy my tires elsewhere.

Original review: March 6, 2020

Previously, I went to the gas station to filled my car tires, and ended up with too much air in them. I didn't know how to fix my problem, but then discovered that Walmart had an auto services station. All the employees were extremely helpful, and even fix my tire pressure, for free! They made sure my car was taken care of, and that my car would be safe to drive. This was first experience taking my car to the Walmart Auto Services, and made a customer out of me. I will definitely be coming back for the other services that they offer!

Original review: Feb. 23, 2020

Janet in Auto Service gave us great service when we purchased 4 new tires on Saturday morning Feb 22, 2020. She deserves a big fat bonus! We bought the tires and were in and out in record time. We got to my granddaughters birthday party!

Original review: Feb. 23, 2020

If I could give 0 stars I would. Today I took my Hyundai Santa Fe to Wal-Mart Auto Center for an Oil change. Mainly due to the convenience as I had grocery shopping to do as well. For Starters, I was left waiting to sign my vehicle in for over 15 minutes. There was no one in front of me but the counter Girl Kelsey had to gossip with the other counter Girl who was trying to check out a customer.

Secondly, after being told that it would take about 30 - 40 in and that I would be paved or called as they took my phone number as soon as it was done. I was Never paged or called. I mentioned this to Kelsey the gossipy counter Girl, who proceeded to try to argue with me on this fact. Finally, Kelsey tells me my total which was $37.00. I told her that I wanted to split it with $20 in cash and the rest on my card. She decides to punch it in as all cash. She had no clue as to how to clear the payment and correct it. She calls the person in charge, Tyler. He has no clue as to how to clear out the payment. This is obviously poor training on the company's part

Original review: Feb. 18, 2020

My mother in law went to Walmart on FM 1960 & Walters Road for a basic oil change, drove her car from Hirsch Road on the northside of Houston to walmart and parked her car in the auto center area, went in and requested a oil change, technician pulled in vehicle and I'm assuming attempted to remove filter from housing unit and brok the seal.... He then wrote in the notes that he could do oil change because the car was brought in with a oil leak already and said a part was missing from the oil housing....She had driven the car 10 miles to walmart and if it was leaking like he said it was she would have not made it to the walmart with no oil in the motor....

I attempted to talk to Mr. ** store manager but he has yet to return my call, they said it was a pre existing condition on her car, not true, no oil in the parking spot it was sitting in. She literally had to buy 4 to 5 quarts to add oil in her car to drive it home and as walmart added the oil it was pouring out, it didn't show up at walmart pouring out. Now that they not contacting me it has become personal and I will help my mother in law out even if we have to go to small claims court, we had the vehicle towed to Toyota and they tech said the oil filter was attempted to be remove by turning the wrong bolt and cause it to break the inner seal which caused it to start pouring out oil. My mother in law has no reason to lie. We have the actual part that toyota took off and showed us where the walmart tech messed up at....I will write a review daily on walmart until someone calls me about this situation....

Original review: Feb. 12, 2020

I took my car there for an oil change and fluid top off. I should have checked after I left but I trusted these jerks. 3 weeks later, my son checked my fluids. Thank God he did because my antifreeze was almost empty! He took his car in for an oil change right after I did. (Before he discovered my antifreeze was empty) They emptied the oil and never put new oil in it!! My daughter in law went to Walmart and bought 2 new tires, had them put on, and told them to check the air in the other 2 tires because 1 was low. She was driving around with 3 little kids. When she got home my son could tell they didn't put air in the tire. There was 12 pounds of air in it! Walmart is a COMPLETE **, from the front of the store, to the bathrooms and auto center!

Original review: Feb. 5, 2020

Walmart NiMo Pkwy. Virginia Beach, VA. Have been going there for many years. This time Purchased an oil and lube for high mileage. The girl pointed out that it included fluid level, tire check vacuum (as long as there weren’t items on the floor & she saw me remove all items off the floor), windows washed, etc. As soon as I got in the car it was clear that the floors were not vacuumed. The next day I felt prompted to check the fluids myself because I was going on a road trip. The Engine coolant was to the bottom of the reservoir. No indication of leakage. No notations on the paperwork Or verbal communication of low level. Also the power steering fluid was down a little, also no notation. I could have had a blown engine on a trip and who knows what could have ensued as a result of that. Will not return & will warn others of negligence. M. **

Original review: Jan. 27, 2020

I've always purchased my tires and gotten oil change at Wal Mart because of the convenience. Well here lately I purchased tires for both vehicles and purchased warranty for both. Went to get oil changed and tires rotated. I paid for the service and specifically asked if my tires were rotated and car valcum only to find out they were about to send me away not performing the services I requested nor were they going to provide an explanation.

The Manager was very unprofessional and you can sense that they have these types encounters often because I asked to speak with a store manager and it took over 30 mins for anyone to assist. He tried to stand behind his manager but he knew it was wrong. Another manager gave me a $25 gift card. On my other vehicle I punctured a tired and needed to get a new tire only to be told I'd have to contact the manufacturer of the tire. I'm like wait; you charge me for a warranty package and when I need it; you send me off to the manufacture. Lancaster, TX Walmart Oil and Lube Service is absolutely the worst. They've lost a longtime customer. I recently purchased tires and service from Discount Tires and now seeking better place to get my oil change. I would have given a 0 rating if possible.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2020

The perk of getting an oil change at Walmart service center was that they include a free vacuuming if you buy the standard. I thought perfect, time saver. It took them well over an hour to get my van back, not vacuumed. The girl that rang me up tried giving me someone else’s keys. The guy who did my oil change argued about the fact that he did vacuum the car. Then I was told it’s only supposed to be the front side. I took the manager to my car, showed him that nothing was vacuumed and he vacuumed it himself. I don’t feel that you should argue with the customer on something that is included with their purchase. This is my last visit here.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2020

I went to Wal-Mart in Jacksonville Alabama and they put tires on my car that is 2 sizes too big, lost my wheel covers and lug nuts. They will not make it right. They have not 1 single time honored my lifetime roadside jax warranty. I plan to see a lawyer and sue them. The big tires is ruining my car..

Original review: Dec. 30, 2019

Bought a full set of Crosswind AT tires for my Dodge Ram. Nice aggressive tread with 50000 mile warranty. Tires came close to promised date. MAde appointment for mounting. 2 hours later on my way only to return later that day for rebalancing (truck was shaking like mad). 1.5 hours later on my way again. Only to return a day later for 3rd rebalance. Well 2 days later back for 4th rebalance and finally told I had a bad tire. No problem I figured. They just reorder a replacement correct? Well no. I was told I had to order another and they would refund my money after installation. Well not acceptable so I call .com. They tell me I could order another but they will not refund me money because the tire is already mounted and refer me to the manufacturer.

I am on hold with manufacturer for 10 mins and then transferred to general voice mail. Still no new tire and truck still shaking. As helpful as associates were the service was horrible. I am stuck with a terrible tire, out money and in a cycle where I cant get a replacement. BTW the site says these tires are sold by Walmart and should be warrantied by Walmart.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2019

So I took my Jeep to Walmart for a oil change which seemed to take forever for them to complete. Later that night I smelled something burning and my starter was acting weird... So take it back to Walmart. They said they would make sure everything was sealed properly and tight.. Well they never raised it up on the rack to check Anything... They told me that a seal was leaking which I knew was a lie. So I took it to my Personal Mechanic that following Monday. He raised it up and Noting was Leaking but they had Oil Smeared Everywhere underneath and there was a lot of it. I mean A LOT. Plus they left my Power Steering Cap of and it was Just dangling there. So Beware. You're in for a Nasty Treat if you take a Vehicle there for Service. Pay the Extra $10 and take it to a Reliable Mechanic.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2019

On September of 2019. I had a tire blow out on the road. I got it to the Walmart in Lexington, SC off Sunset Blvd. Once serviced they saw I had road hazard on the tire. Which covers blow out issues they said. They proceed with the service. When I go to check out. I find out they denied my road hazard coverage. They claim is that the tire ran flat. I was pissed, but needed a tire. The department manager named Edith said she herself denied it. Based on the tire conditions. I looked at it too. There were no conditions where the tire ran flat to deny coverage.

The charge was 90 dollars est. My road hazard based on tread life would pay for the cost of the tire est 65. Before labor and taxes. The labor was supposed to be 12 dollars. Instead charge 24. Taxes and I took the old tire home. Took pictures and had another tire shop exam my tire. For signs of "riding flat". There were no signs or conditions. I was lied to by that person. She is the so called department manager for their TLE. And lies to a customer's face. I wonder how many customers have had dealings with that person. And been cheated and robbed? Be forewarned South Carolina. Never have a service done with her there. Cheating customers and making a claim to obtain more money from customers than it should. Is just as how fraud and scamming are.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2019

I ordered two tires through the Walmart website. They arrived and I went in to get them installed on my Volkswagen. It took them 20 minutes to find them and then two more hours to install them while I waited in their lobby. It was a super slow day and there was only two or three other cars in the shop--that's probably the longest I have ever waited for such a simple job. The counter help appeared untrained and disinterested. I inquired about an oil change on my VW Alltrack and my wife's Beetle, seeking to know what oil they would use--both VWs require a somewhat rare oil spec (VW 502 for the Altrack and VW 508 for the Bug).

The counter help guy seemed mystified and called over a mechanic to answer my question. He also seemed both incredulous and hostile that I should want to know what oil they would use. He kept stating an oil weight and seemed unaware of the existence of a certified or approved oil type for a particular car. To cap things off, my tire pressure monitor triggered as I drove home. Upon checking the pressure when I got home, I found one of the tires was eight or nine low. Stay away from this Walmart auto center if you value your time, car, and safety!

Original review: Dec. 17, 2019

I went in Walmart to get two tires. I started out by talking to a guy who insisted on putting new tires on the back. I told him they should go on the front. That I live on a hill and I have front wheel drive. He said, "No. Put the used on the front. I couldn’t argue anymore. I drove home with thinking my tires just need to be balanced. The next morning on the way to work I heard a noise. I went to lunch and heard more noise? I called Walmart. They said bring it back to check. On my way back the tire started shaking. I lost control. I am now trying to avoid cars and the curb. Without success. I pulled muscles I didn’t know I had! I got off the road somehow. I called Walmart. The manager told me they can’t help me so call your own way home. I finally get ahold of my ins roadside. He comes to the car and says, "Ma'am did you know your tire was about to fall off?!" He said, "Do you know how serious this is?"

My lug nuts on the the front driver side were able to move with your fingers. I called Walmart. They said they needed a video and they weren’t responsible. Not are you ok or anything.? Of course that would be an admission? I get into the store. I was told to put in the claim with the store manager. She sits me down in the entryway where all the people come in. She had never taken a complaint before so she wasn’t able to finish it but sent it in anyway. She said it wasn’t her job?

Now feeling a little lost I finally get a call from the ins co. They cover any claims with Walmart. She takes my statement over the phone. Her name is Melba **. She asked me how many passengers my speed when it happened etc. I sent all my documents to her. I sent her my attorney's letter advising me of my rights. The video of the road side assistance guy showing the loose lug nuts. The records showing I had muscle damage. After all that this happened in October she finally responded only after I contacted her supervisor. Her response was that they weren’t liable for anything because I chose to drive it. Even though I had no idea my wheel was going to fall off!!? She said the work order read that the work was correct and they have no responsibility in this matter so have a nice day.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2019

Wanted to have my vehicle tires serviced but when you call them they don’t have the common courtesy to even pick up the phone. This is very inconvenient for people who want a price for a service instead of physically driving there to ultimately having them be booked up thus me wasting my time and gas.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2019

I had an awful experience with Walmart and their claims department! Took my 2015 Dodge Charger to Walmart on October 23rd of 2019. Drive off thinking everything was good. Drove my car back and forth to work well over a week. Got into my car to drive home from work. My engine light was on. My car was running terrible! Long story short took it back. They had placed my oil filter in wrong!

They placed it the right way but now my car has a clatter in runs sluggish. I made a claim and low and behold was denied ho figure!! The cost to fix my car is 9800.00. I can not afford! My car was running perfectly when I took it to them! To Walmart I think you guys are not fair to your customers I think everyone that works for you guys in the service department should be more experienced and as far as the claims department goes it is not over!! I now have to file a lawsuit with money I do not have and should not have to pay out of pocket. Walmart should pay for what they did, not me!!!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2019

My son had his motor replaced in his 06 jeep Cherokee at the end of March 2019, he took his jeep for oil change at Walmart Hough Rd in Florence, Ala. in June. The oil leaked out of his jeep due to a cracked and loose oil filter. When he took it back to walmart, the guy told him it was cracked and replaced it and we immediately. Took it to mechanic shop that put his motor in to find out that the oil leak caused his motor to be bad. Walmart corporate sent investigator out to inspect and take pics of jeep. The investigator admitted to both mechanics that the oil leak was coming from oil filter and I definitely had a case against them but walmart corporate came back and said to me that they were not liable. So my son's jeep has been sitting in shop but yet we still paying for his loan and insurance on jeep. It's sad how they have done us. This was a new motor. Florence, Ala.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

I had a new battery installed; they forgot the battery clamp and had to buy one for $12- went back later and it was sitting on their work bench but the two long clamp hold downs were not there. On 12/04/19 went in for the customary oil change and they did not replace the oil filler cap. After driving seventy miles noticing a heavy oil smell and on occasion at a stop white smoke came out from under the front.

I got to my destination and raised the hood to discover the cap was not there and oil sprayed all over the interior of the engine compartment. I called, was told the manager was at lunch - after two hours I finally called back and she answered saying she just got back from lunch and said she'll investigate what happened since the work was supposedly videoed as everything in the changing bay is. He assistant manage said I should look around the engine compartment to see if it may have fallen off the air cleaner where they placed it. Nada. I had to order a new cap for $15.15 from Auto Zone.

Haven't heard word one back from them. A few years ago I bought four new tires from them and after a few thousand miles I asked them to rotate them front to back. The manager said they weren't sold by Walmart. I showed him the receipt. I didn't have it done by them. I went to Les Schwab and they rotated them without question. DO NOT EVER EVER GO TO A WALMART FOR ANYTHING TO DO WITH YOUR CAR.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

Went to Wal-Mart in Claremore Oklahoma for a tire rotation and balance. Immediately after this service my car vibrates harshly at around 55 mph. Also when I stop and take off again there is a loud popping noise that never occurred. If your choice is Walmart or not at all just go with not at all, because now my vacation may be cancelled if we do not have reliable transportation.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2019

Went to Walmart automotive to get my oil change like I always do and yes I was a little overdue but here is what happened. They told me there would be a 2 1/2 hour wait so I agreed and went shopping. About 1/12 hours later I go back to the automotive department to check on my car. The guy doing my oil change proceeds to tell me that my plug is stuck and he has to talk to the manager. So they talk and then they tell me because I waited so long for my oil change that it caused the screw to swell up and they can’t touch it (even though they did the oil change prior to this) and I have to take it somewhere else, so I did and where I took it had no problems getting the screw off. I was very disappointed because I’ve always trusted walmart. Never again

Original review: Nov. 23, 2019

I went to Walmart in Winder, Ga. to buy a auto battery because they install free, but much to my surprise that was not true. THEY called and told me to come pick up my car because it was too much problem to install. Big runaround so I left. I will take my business where I am appreciated.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2019

I have purchased tires from Walmart to save money, obviously... but the customer service is the WORST and not worth it. I always purchase the warranty on tires because of all the construction nails around our neighborhood. One of my tires had a slow leak and I took it to Saginaw location at 10am. 4.5 hours later they told me they could not find a leak. I was mad bc it took them that long and they couldn't fix it. It obviously had a leak and they didn't try hard enough to find it. I took it to another tire store and they found it right away. The tech at walmart told me he couldn't seal a tire that didn't have a leak when it obviously did or I wouldn't be in there.

The next time, one of my tires blew while driving. We took the tire and rim up there to be replaced and the man working said they didn't have the exact tire to replace mine and would have to order one. So that I could drive they were going to put on another tire temporarily. The man approved it with his manager. 4 hours later I got a call from a tech that said they could not fix the tire because it was too damaged!! I KNOW! That's why the other guy ordered me a tire and they found a temporary to put on it. The next shift had NO idea what was supposed to happen to my tire that had been up there all day. I am completely FED uP with them and will NEVER USE THEM AGAIN!!

Original review: Nov. 16, 2019

I went for oil change at one of their Walmart branch. I selected their 39.99 dollar Pennzoil platinum 5w20d oil service... which the sale associate said it was best for your car... After 1 hour of waiting I paid and all went good. When I saw the receipt it was written cas edge 5w30 sn on it. I immediately went back and asked them what was it, they said, "Sorry we are out of Pennzoil platinum that's why we put castrol in your car." And after another long debate with three or four of their employees, they agreed to call their manager and after long conversation, they accept their fault... but the question is this, if they don't have pennzoil why they change it without even asking to customer... And I am not sure about second time which oil they put in my car... I don't trust them anymore. We don't have access to their work shop. The only reason we go there because we want trusted service... otherwise we have a lot of option... Thank you.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2019

It’s the time of year for snow tires in New England. Our local Walmart has been a great resource in the past both for buying your tires and getting your snow tires on and off. They have always been affordable and efficient. This year I was shocked to find out they would no longer take appointments to switch out your tires unless you’re buying them right then. It doesn’t matter that the tires we need put on were bought from them last year or the fact that we’ve bought our last 3 sets of tires from them. They are more interested in new business and what will bring in more money. They claim they will still change the tires if they have time when you show up, but they are so filled up with appointments for people buying tires that there is never an opening. Very disappointed. If this remains the policy, we will be looking for tires elsewhere next time...

Wal-Mart Oil and Lube Company Information